Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/16/2013

lisa32989
10-16-2013, 06:26 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

DJ72
10-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Good morning Lisa! Up at it bright and early I see!
Have an excellent Ideal day!

1LittleStar
10-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning!

Enjoying the leftover Thanksgiving turkey as my protein this week! Yum!

Have a great day!

1LittleStar
10-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Great new dress, Lisa!! You look smoking hot!

I can do anything
10-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Lisa- You look great in the new pic.

airportchick11
10-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Good Morning all! Newbie question here~Do you concentrate on lbs lost per week, measurements, or bmi?
I have only been on this to have one wi, I did not lose many in lbs, but I did lose crazy inches, and from coach's calculations 2 of the 3 lbs were actual fat and not just water. Of course I want the weight to go down, but for me I am more concerned with my bmi and being at a healthy number. Second is the inches, I love to lose some inches!, and third the scale. I figure it will come.
Any opinions on this?

lilkel244
10-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Good morning everyone! So I tried the new ideal protein Garlic and Fine herb chips yesterday- they were good but very strongly flavored. I hope they come out with more in subtler flavors, like maybe just a salted one. The texture was great and the bag was larger (my favorite IP snack is soynuts but the bag is so little!) so it was nice to have the larger bag. I am totally in the middle of the IP not hungries however, I have no urge to eat, even my mandated IP foods. It is hard to choke everything down. It is cold and gray here in Connecticut so I am bundled up again but I hope everyone has a sunshiny day!

65X65
10-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Good Morning all! Newbie question here~Do you concentrate on lbs lost per week, measurements, or bmi?
I have only been on this to have one wi, I did not lose many in lbs, but I did lose crazy inches, and from coach's calculations 2 of the 3 lbs were actual fat and not just water. Of course I want the weight to go down, but for me I am more concerned with my bmi and being at a healthy number. Second is the inches, I love to lose some inches!, and third the scale. I figure it will come.
Any opinions on this?

:welcome2: Good for you...and welcome! :welcome:

Many do let the scale run the show here, esp. early on as there are some who lose big out of the starting gate. Most of us fight for every pound though...so don't compare yourself to dramatic loss postings or think if you are being compliant and it is slow going...you are doing something wrong! Most of us experience fits and starts in this battle. Losing inches and getting your BMI down are incredibly important goals...and the weight will follow and start coming off if you stick very carefully to the plan. Measure veggies, weigh your protein at dinner, take the vitamins, use the oil and salt as directed, and try to relax and not stress over how much or how fast.
Look at the big picture and in 6 months ...you will see progress. The duration of this journey will depend on your age, metabolism, amount to lose and degree of compliance and patience. Many of us have been here for plus or just short of a year...others a pass through quickly. What ever you need at any rate, you'll find someone here you can relate to!

Docsaver
10-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Both my mom and mother in law are in town this week. Last night I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, and sautéed veggies. They all raved about it but I didn't have one lick or taste and I was 100% fine with that. My dinner was Big Mac in a bowl, which by the way does not taste quite the same without the pickles ;/

Any opinions on this?

I admit I focus on the scale first and then inches. I also lost a lot of inches in the first week and loved that but I've also had some stead lb losses too. In my opinion, I think we should focus on whatever keeps us motivated. Just remember that the inches really help you move down in sizes and that is a HUGE motivator for me.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

airportchick11
10-16-2013, 08:47 AM
:welcome2: Good for you...and welcome! :welcome:

Many do let the scale run the show here, esp. early on as there are some who lose big out of the starting gate. Most of us fight for every pound though...so don't compare yourself to dramatic loss postings or think if you are being compliant and it is slow going...you are doing something wrong! Most of us experience fits and starts in this battle. Losing inches and getting your BMI down are incredibly important goals...and the weight will follow and start coming off if you stick very carefully to the plan. Measure veggies, weigh your protein at dinner, take the vitamins, use the oil and salt as directed, and try to relax and not stress over how much or how fast.
Look at the big picture and in 6 months ...you will see progress. The duration of this journey will depend on your age, metabolism, amount to lose and degree of compliance and patience. Many of us have been here for plus or just short of a year...others a pass through quickly. What ever you need at any rate, you'll find someone here you can relate to!

Thank you so much! I've read quite a few of your posts, you are very inspiring!!

airportchick11
10-16-2013, 08:50 AM
I admit I focus on the scale first and then inches. I also lost a lot of inches in the first week and loved that but I've also had some stead lb losses too. In my opinion, I think we should focus on whatever keeps us motivated. Just remember that the inches really help you move down in sizes and that is a HUGE motivator for me.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Thanks Doc! I do think we should focus on whatever it is that keeps 'us' motivated, I need to remember that!

Misstiff
10-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Hope everyone has a great day OP!! I'm still trucking along, one day at a time ;)

sandralosingweight
10-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday I couldn't have a second to come see this forum, so I thought to myself that today, I'll come say hi to everyone wishing you an amazing 100% OP day.

I had a goal in my mind to be at 244 for this coming Saturday weigh-in and it looks like I might make it :)

I am much in a zone now, I believe I am fully back, my first week was so good, the second one, I have no excuse as of why, I cheated big time, and I had to restart again on my third week, but now I finally feel good, not giving in to any temptation! I am really feeling good and I promise myself to never ever stop again, no breaks! It does nothing positive to me! So, I'll continue and continue!

nolasmurf
10-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Morning everyone. Finally seeing the scale start to creep down again. Pretty sure I was swollen and retaining fluid from the warrior dash. The weather is a bit cooler again so the puppies are chasing squirrels in the yard and I'm relaxing. Planning in enjoying my off days!

CrystalWolf
10-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Any opinions on this?

My ultimate goal was a healthy BMI/weight. I was just happy to have any downward movement at a weigh in whether pounds or inches. I was lucky I was pretty linear compared to some. But we see a little of everything around here so just trust the program and it will come off eventually. And of course WELCOME!

jodi73
10-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Morning all! Finally hit the 60 pound mark...2/3 of the way to goal! I won't make the goal I had set in my head- 155 by the time I take my kids to Disney for the first time (Nov. 6), but hoping to at least get close.

Lilkel244- I tried the chips last week and found them too strong as well...they overdid it with the rosemary :P The brownie they came out with is great, and the flakes cereal is ok...but none of them are unrestricted....really hoping they come out with more unrestricted items, as I live on the ready to drink shake and pudding at this point.

sandralosingweight
10-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Oh my God Jodi73! You look amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

jodi73
10-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Thank you!!! It's the first picture i've been in with my kids in years...not only because i'm a photographer, so i'm always BEHIND the lens, but because I finally feel comfortable with my weight enough to be photographed :) Wish I had done this years ago, but now is better than never!

April Starter
10-16-2013, 10:13 AM
jodi73 - 60lb in 5 months is amazing ...GREAT job! Adorable picture of you and your kiddos. Have a memorable trip to Disney.

velinamartinez13
10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
10/15/2013- 146
10/16/2013 - 145.2

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Morning all! Finally hit the 60 pound mark...2/3 of the way to goal! I won't make the goal I had set in my head- 155 by the time I take my kids to Disney for the first time (Nov. 6), but hoping to at least get close.

Congrats! :cp: BTW....you look absolutely amazing!!! Have a great time at Disney with your kids. I know you will enjoy it and will feel confident about yourself.:beach:

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Good morning all! Just stopping in quickly to wish everyone and Ideal day. Off to the gym but will check in later.

Have a great one!

sarita75
10-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Good morning all. Up and at work by 7 a.m. Good times. Briefly checking in before starting my day. Fell asleep, under a ton of duvets, watching Parks and Recreation after a long day of work and studying. I like that show so it helped relax me, take my mind off work and such. I am realizing that I need to work on my emotional eating and not allowing people to get under my skin (no one in here - fear not!). On a totally NSV note: (1) I am wearing skinny jeans and a zebra-print cardigan today (would have never hit the safari-look previously!!) and (2) I managed to get Amazon to agree to let me return, for a refund, some exercise pants that I bought in May before starting IP. They are XL and clearly won't fit anymore. In the spirit of "what do I have to lose?" I contacted them. I explained that I had lost weight and that they were in the same packaging, etc. and asked for an exception to their 1 month return rule...and I got it! Woot! Not sure why it makes me SO happy, but it did. :)

As I begin to contemplate phasing off, phasing back in exercise, I am realizing more and more that so much needs to be learned, understood, etc. about how to maintain this lifestyle and weight loss. I will likely begin my search for a new nutritionist who specializes in low carb sustained exercise regimes - but not until after the examination. I am looking forward to it though.

I will say that I feel weird not having a WI in this week. LOL. I have looked forward(-ish) to them each week and so skipping my appointment yesterday was strange. It will be interesting to see what happens next week as it will have been 15 days since my prior WI.

Have a great day!

Enjoying the leftover Thanksgiving turkey as my protein this week! Yum! Yum is right. I love turkey!!!

Good Morning all! Newbie question here~Do you concentrate on lbs lost per week, measurements, or bmi? I have not really focused on inches. I have been focused on my BMI overall and pounds on a weekly basis.

I had a goal in my mind to be at 244 for this coming Saturday weigh-in and it looks like I might make it :) Congrats! Glad to see you are feeling good and determined. :)

Morning all! Finally hit the 60 pound mark...2/3 of the way to goal! Congrats Jodi! Lovely photo.

Off to the gym but will check in later. Enjoy the gym!

10/15/2013- 146
10/16/2013 - 145.2 Congrats!

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Good morning all. Up and at work by 7 a.m. Good times. Briefly checking in before starting my day. Fell asleep, under a ton of duvets, watching Parks and Recreation after a long day of work and studying. I like that show so it helped relax me, take my mind off work and such. I am realizing that I need to work on my emotional eating and not allowing people to get under my skin (no one in here - fear not!). On a totally NSV note: (1) I am wearing skinny jeans and a zebra-print cardigan today (would have never hit the safari-look previously!!) and (2) I managed to get Amazon to agree to let me return, for a refund, some exercise pants that I bought in May before starting IP. They are XL and clearly won't fit anymore. In the spirit of "what do I have to lose?" I contacted them. I explained that I had lost weight and that they were in the same packaging, etc. and asked for an exception to their 1 month return rule...and I got it! Woot! Not sure why it makes me SO happy, but it did. :)

Love your NSV! (both of them!) The skinny Gods are looking out for you today! ;)

sarita75
10-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Love your NSV! (both of them!) The skinny Gods are looking out for you today! ;)

Hahaha - thanks! :)

lisa32989
10-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Great new dress, Lisa!! You look smoking hot!
Aw gee...thanks!
When I tried it on, I bought it mostly b/c I knew DH would like it ;)
I think he's likin' my "new" shape (the one I was hiding under layers)

Any opinions on this?
Honestly, when I started, my goal was (and is) to reach normal BMI.
The scale is one measure.
Measuring tape is another.
Bioimpedence scale calculations give even more (but can be very inaccurate)

Weight-wise, 2 people can weigh the exact same amount but be very different sizes. I have a friend who has a lot more muscle who weighs more than me but wears a smaller size. This is why the scale can also be very "inaccurate".

The BMI and a chosen "size" is what I'm watching, but to be honest, I'm not even sure what size I'll end up.

Wow!
I took almost 6 mo to lose 60. It takes what it takes for each of us (and we're all on our own journey...certainly can't compare with each other). Congrats!

schenectady
10-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Tough day yesterday - first day in 8 weeks that I went off IP. I have been having struggles emotionally supporting my son away at school who is having issues. I drove 10 hours out there last week and yesterday was sent on the phone for hours. He was very depressed and kept saying he wanted to be left ALONE. Then I did not hear for hours even after I asked him to consider checking in with us.

I was crying and just broken as I could not just jump in the car and drive again but I did not seem to be able to give him any help. I was alone in the house and had that terrible feeling that a parent can have at being totally useless to a hurting child.

The good news part of it is that I remember what it is like to lose it when it comes to eating. I rediscovered what it is to really hate what I was doing both during and after. I was angry with myself for being weak.

At the same time, I also came close to that 'falling off the wagon' feeling and reaffirmed for myself that I MUST control 'deviations/cheating/slipping' because it is such an easy d quick slide down that slippery slope.

So I will make another trip this weekend to college to reconnect with my son, hopefully taken my older son with me as a surprise. He is returning from Marine deployment, coming in from Hawaii after who knows how many months. I think his presence will help - I may find a way to wander off and let them talk.

My plan of attack - measure, check drink intake, keep to the low and clean end of IP, lots of yard work, and recommit. I do not fear that I will fail because I am feeling very strong this morning. Maybe I needed that big oops to push me back to stronger determination.

Shock to discover I am human! Hah

GettinHealthyNow
10-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone - I feel like I'm so late checking in compared to you east coast folks! Love the new pictures and the NSV's.

Had my WI last night, and ALMOST into onederland...I kept leaning this way and that on the scale to jiggle it, but came out at 200.6. I will keep on the straight and narrow and track by my coach's scale - but the one in my bathroom at home this morning clocked me in at 198.5 so I'm still doing a happy dance. Have a great day, everyone!
Kathy

jodi73
10-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Schenectady- I'm so sorry you're going through that... my dad always says- a parent is only as happy as their least happy child. And that's so true. But that you're able to realize that eating won't help is tremendous...that's the kind of behavior that will allow you to keep the pounds off for the rest of your life, so congrats on that :) Good luck and hoping your other son's return will help :)

Zictory75
10-16-2013, 10:58 AM
I got to add a signature today, yay!!! This is a test post :)

nolasmurf
10-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Tough day yesterday - first day in 8 weeks that I went off IP. I have been having struggles emotionally supporting my son away at school who is having issues. I drove 10 hours out there last week and yesterday was sent on the phone for hours. He was very depressed and kept saying he wanted to be left ALONE. Then I did not hear for hours even after I asked him to consider checking in with us.

I was crying and just broken as I could not just jump in the car and drive again but I did not seem to be able to give him any help. I was alone in the house and had that terrible feeling that a parent can have at being totally useless to a hurting child.

The good news part of it is that I remember what it is like to lose it when it comes to eating. I rediscovered what it is to really hate what I was doing both during and after. I was angry with myself for being weak.

At the same time, I also came close to that 'falling off the wagon' feeling and reaffirmed for myself that I MUST control 'deviations/cheating/slipping' because it is such an easy d quick slide down that slippery slope.

So I will make another trip this weekend to college to reconnect with my son, hopefully taken my older son with me as a surprise. He is returning from Marine deployment, coming in from Hawaii after who knows how many months. I think his presence will help - I may find a way to wander off and let them talk.

My plan of attack - measure, check drink intake, keep to the low and clean end of IP, lots of yard work, and recommit. I do not fear that I will fail because I am feeling very strong this morning. Maybe I needed that big oops to push me back to stronger determination.

I want you to know I am sending healing and loving light to your son. Having fought depression since I was a young child ( first diagnosis was at 10) I have been in his shoes. Being away at from my family was a horror story for me. I lived for almost 4 years in tx while my mom was here and those were he worst years of my life.

I am also sending love light and lots of IP willpower to you. You are a wonderful mama and will get your boy thru this! Thanky ou and your older son for his service. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

slow2lose
10-16-2013, 11:09 AM
I don't normally post on this thread and am just back starting my Reboot - week 2. Massive craving right now. I'm at work so I don't have anything to snack on. I was too lazy to make a salad so all I have for the entire day are my 3 IP products, and I have to wait until at least noon to have my second one, but I'm just watching the clock, tick,tick,tick. And water does NOTHING for me insofar as cravings are concerned. Maybe a decaf coffee. . . . ugh cravings suck.

Zictory75
10-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Tough day yesterday - first day in 8 weeks that I went off IP. ... Shock to discover I am human! Hah

I am so sorry to hear about your struggle. On the eating side, sounds like you have a plan and you are back on track, so that is awesome. I am sure bringing your other son with you will also help. I work at a college, and so I am wondering if you have spoken to either your son's RA or better yet the Resident Director over the dorm he lives in. Because of FERPA and other laws colleges are limited about what they can provide you with when your son is over 18, but part of an RD's job is keeping him safe. If you are concerned, having another person on your side and looking out for him will help. I know this is completely unsolicited advice, but I hope you won't mind. I have several loved ones who suffer from severe depression and it has been my experience that it takes a lot of people to help. If you need any help navigating the college scene, figuring out who to contact, pm me, I am happy to help. Good luck.

schenectady
10-16-2013, 11:13 AM
I want you to know I am sending healing and loving light to your son. Having fought depression since I was a young child ( first diagnosis was at 10) I have been in his shoes. Being away at from my family was a horror story for me. I lived for almost 4 years in tx while my mom was here and those were he worst years of my life.

I am also sending love light and lots of IP willpower to you. You are a wonderful mama and will get your boy thru this! Thanky ou and your older son for his service. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Now I am crying at your kind words. Thank you. It is so hard being far away from him when I need to comfort him. He is the neatest kid and sometimes so full of joy and excitement about being a young man out in the world by himself. Then I get the call where I can tell he is in the dumps.

Being a mother has meant the world to me and this is hard. I do have such joy over seeing big brother come home - he will deploy again in April but I am determined to get in a visit to him in Hawaii before he goes. So I am redoubling my efforts to get this weight off so I can show up in Honolulu having already travelled to Onederland!

I appreciate my IP friends here - it gets me through the bad days and makes my good days better.

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 11:26 AM

I am sending big :hug: and so many positive-healing and happy vibes your way AND a big dose of prayers too. I am so so sorry you are going through such an emotional time. I hope your son feels better and is able to talk to you and then help him heal <3

+++++thoughts+++ for you and your family

lisa32989
10-16-2013, 11:27 AM
schenectady: Take care of you so you can take care of him!
No beating yourself up allowed.
Emotional eating got many of us in the mess we were in when we came to IP. I view it as "in remission" but certainly note "cured" by ketosis. Anything strong enough can make it rear it's ugly head.

It sounds like you have a plan for you AND for him.
So hard to be so far away.
Sending strength!

I don't normally post on this thread and am just back starting my Reboot - week 2. Massive craving right now. I'm at work so I don't have anything to snack on. I was too lazy to make a salad so all I have for the entire day are my 3 IP products, and I have to wait until at least noon to have my second one, but I'm just watching the clock, tick,tick,tick. And water does NOTHING for me insofar as cravings are concerned. Maybe a decaf coffee. . . . ugh cravings suck.
Yes. They suck!
I keep several herbal teas in my drawer at work. When I finish my morning chocolate smoothie, I make peppermint tea (in the smoothie tumbler - it cleans out the remnants & "goes with" chocolate). Plus, it gives me something to sip on until lunch. Those hot drinks really help (most of the time)!
Some days we just have to "power thru" the cravings (I view them as any other pain to be endured) and we come out stronger on the other side. Other days, a crutch like some tea can help BIG TIME.
Keep lettuce with you too. Amazing how that can help if we are TRULY hungry.

slow2lose
10-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Yes. They suck!
I keep several herbal teas in my drawer at work. When I finish my morning chocolate smoothie, I make peppermint tea (in the smoothie tumbler - it cleans out the remnants & "goes with" chocolate). Plus, it gives me something to sip on until lunch. Those hot drinks really help (most of the time)!
Some days we just have to "power thru" the cravings (I view them as any other pain to be endured) and we come out stronger on the other side. Other days, a crutch like some tea can help BIG TIME.
Keep lettuce with you too. Amazing how that can help if we are TRULY hungry.

Yeah I have some herbal tea here but I just wasn't in the mood for it. I had a coffee and that seems to be doing the trick. Yep, WILL POWER is a must for IP!!!

dak1lls
10-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Now I am crying at your kind words. Thank you. It is so hard being far away from him when I need to comfort him. He is the neatest kid and sometimes so full of joy and excitement about being a young man out in the world by himself. Then I get the call where I can tell he is in the dumps.

Being a mother has meant the world to me and this is hard. I do have such joy over seeing big brother come home - he will deploy again in April but I am determined to get in a visit to him in Hawaii before he goes. So I am redoubling my efforts to get this weight off so I can show up in Honolulu having already travelled to Onederland!

I appreciate my IP friends here - it gets me through the bad days and makes my good days better.

Oh how I feel your pain. I went through the same thing with my daughter. I was tormented with worry. We spent many nights on the phone with her crying or despondent. I was exhausted and sick over it. I can only offer my sincere prayers for you and your son. I am so sorry you are going through this and hope it gets better soon for you all.

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 12:04 PM
How many of us follow under the above title?

ME!!! It can be a big challenge for me most days and fighting the inner snack demons really suck! Who else is there

GettinHealthyNow
10-16-2013, 12:07 PM
How many of us follow under the above title?

ME!!! It can be a big challenge for me most days and fighting the inner snack demons really suck! Who else is there

I'm a mom, but not a SAH - I really sympathize with how much more challenging the program would be if I were. Weekdays at my desk in the office are easy, it is the weekends at home that are much more difficult. Hats off to those of you doing it at home full time!

Kathy

cassieleeanne
10-16-2013, 12:07 PM
First day of maintenance is going well, scared to be starting this journey but I know I can do it. Just need to keep eating healthy and working out.

Schenectady: Sorry to hear about your son, depression is very hard to overcome.

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 12:08 PM
First day of maintenance is going well, scared to be starting this journey but I know I can do it. Just need to keep eating healthy and working out.

Schenectady: Sorry to hear about your son, depression is very hard to overcome.

Sending you will power dust (sorry I have no clue how to make it sparkle!)

cassieleeanne
10-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Sending you will power dust (sorry I have no clue how to make it sparkle!)

To the right when you are doing a quote it has those smiley faces and stuff if you click more and scroll down you can get it.:D

Thank you though

:dust:

Metroeastgirl
10-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Tomorrow will be day 4 for me on IP. I will be on the road during my normal lunch time & will have to eat in the car. Can anyone give me a few ideas for some good veggies I can (cut up tonight) and eat raw on the go? Thanks in advance for the help. :D

vachinyc
10-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Tomorrow will be day 4 for me on IP. I will be on the road during my normal lunch time & will have to eat in the car. Can anyone give me a few ideas for some good veggies I can (cut up tonight) and eat raw on the go? Thanks in advance for the help. :D

I've done this a couple of times. I bring a bowl with bell pepper, cucumber (tho that can get watery) celery and jicama.
Sometimes I bring another bowl with salted romaine lettuce.
Get's it all done.

It's really about what you like (and what is on the sheet). I use the seedless cukes sometimes and I did try zucchini but wasn't as happy with that as a raw veggie.

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 01:16 PM

Celery, peppers, cucumber, broccoli (raw) are all yummy and easy to pop in a tupperware to take on the road. I send them with my husband and daughter in their lunches every day. My daughter likes that they all have "crunch" so when her friends are eating chips, she is crunching on veggies. (Not a bad thing for a 16 year old girl to be eating):yes:

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 01:25 PM
I am not really hungry today, I ate breakfast (it got off to a bumpy start) BUT after breakfast I chewed some gum and now its lunch time and I really am not too hungry. Yesterday dd and dh requested home made chicken soup with homemade noodles. I warmed some up for dh and little peanut (he LOVES the carrots) and this soup is so flippin good. Perfect noodles and perfect consistency of the soup **sigh** but I need to make my lunch when peanut naps and I am just not hungry LOL

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm a mom, but not a SAH - I really sympathize with how much more challenging the program would be if I were. Weekdays at my desk in the office are easy, it is the weekends at home that are much more difficult. Hats off to those of you doing it at home full time!

Kathy

Weekends can suck too. Esp if we are just sitting at home doing nothing OR everyone requests home made bread, rolls or whatever!

CrystalWolf
10-16-2013, 02:31 PM

You are a human, we have to allow ourselves to be that sometimes. Many have already said wonderful things, so I will just add my prayers, good vibes and support sent your way. You have a great plan and I bet seeing his brother will do wonders for him.

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 02:39 PM
You are a human, we have to allow ourselves to be that sometimes. Many have already said wonderful things, so I will just add my prayers, good vibes and support sent your way. You have a great plan and I bet seeing his brother will do wonders for him.

I agree 100%!! Seeing his brother could very well make him feel so much better!!

schenectady
10-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks to all of you who wrote to me with support. Having children really is such a lifetime commitment because regardless of their age, they turn to you when times are tough. I just always don't have the right answer or a Band-Aid big enough for some of the boo-boos.

I am very much back on plan and spent the morning cleaning closets and trying on clothes. Big box going off to charity, fancy dresses going on Ebay to try to recoup some of the cost of my food. I won't need those mother-of-bride dresses for a while an when I do, I WILL BE SKINNIER and get all new ones that are much less stuffy because I will have a choice of designs.

Again, sincere thanks. I read all of you each day because that is what keeps me going. My DH wants none of this IP stuff so part of my excitement and pride ends up on here instead. Love him anyway!

nolasmurf
10-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Having a blonde moment in my excitement that my grocery goat case of jicama for me. I want to make some "chips" out of it. I'm assuming you peel it first?

CrystalWolf
10-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Having a blonde moment in my excitement that my grocery goat case of jicama for me. I want to make some "chips" out of it. I'm assuming you peel it first?

Peel it, and I find I have to slice it pretty thin for my chips and try to keep them even thickness, otherwise the thinner ones brown way faster than the others. Coat them with some olive oil first and then I usually do a pan of salt and pepper ones and then a pan of stevia and cinnamon one.

Hope you enjoy!

Deana509
10-16-2013, 03:20 PM
I have been craving hot chocolate, and so I decided to try to Chocolate drink warm.... DELICIOUS! I found my fall favorite now since I can't have my all time favorite of Apple cider...
I am waiting on my shipment of vitamins and so I'm out of half of them, and my body just aches.... I wonder if its from not taking the supplements (though its only been 2 days).... I am about ready to hop in my car and go to walmart to find some to replace mine until I can get mine in from my coach...

ems70508
10-16-2013, 03:24 PM
I have been craving hot chocolate, and so I decided to try to Chocolate drink warm.... DELICIOUS! I found my fall favorite now since I can't have my all time favorite of Apple cider...

love doing this. I mix mine in with coffee in the AM and it fits in my travel mug perfectly!

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Anyone notice that the chocolate pudding has like ZERO taste to it?! I am going to try adding some vanilla in it. Yesterday was the first time I made it as pudding and BLECH!

jodi73
10-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Deana- did you warm the ready to drink chocolate drink or the powder? Did you just nuke it in the microwave?

GettinHealthyNow
10-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Deana- did you warm the ready to drink chocolate drink or the powder? Did you just nuke it in the microwave?

I mix up the chocolate powder with cold water as usual, then nuke it for 2 minutes. Perfect hot chocolate morning drink.

Kathy

nolasmurf
10-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Peel it, and I find I have to slice it pretty thin for my chips and try to keep them even thickness, otherwise the thinner ones brown way faster than the others. Coat them with some olive oil first and then I usually do a pan of salt and pepper ones and then a pan of stevia and cinnamon one.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks! I sliced it as thing as I could. Golly it was tough! I did the whole thing with Tonys and Evoo. I'm craving salty and spicy!

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 03:52 PM
My wanting croutons invalid! I cracked open my first box of BBQ soy nuts and those so cured my cravings for salty and crunchy! I added them to my salad and veggies YUMMO!!!

Those are so flipping good LOL. I have not eaten anything but sweet stuff for my 3rd packet..........so this was a great change, plus I noticed eating my snack early I was not craving too bad at night.

lisa32989
10-16-2013, 04:15 PM
I am waiting on my shipment of vitamins and so I'm out of half of them, and my body just aches.... I wonder if its from not taking the supplements (though its only been 2 days).... I am about ready to hop in my car and go to walmart to find some to replace mine until I can get mine in from my coach...
Get some potssium and some magnesium at Walmart. That should tide you over & make the aches go away...

Anyone notice that the chocolate pudding has like ZERO taste to it?! I am going to try adding some vanilla in it. Yesterday was the first time I made it as pudding and BLECH!
The RTE or the packet?
Dark Choc was my fav...until I eliminated soy :( Milk Choc not nearly as good IMO

PurpleMomster
10-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Thanks to all of you who wrote to me with support. Having children really is such a lifetime commitment because regardless of their age, they turn to you when times are tough. I just always don't have the right answer or a Band-Aid big enough for some of the boo-boos.

I am very much back on plan and spent the morning cleaning closets and trying on clothes. Big box going off to charity, fancy dresses going on Ebay to try to recoup some of the cost of my food. I won't need those mother-of-bride dresses for a while an when I do, I WILL BE SKINNIER and get all new ones that are much less stuffy because I will have a choice of designs.

Again, sincere thanks. I read all of you each day because that is what keeps me going. My DH wants none of this IP stuff so part of my excitement and pride ends up on here instead. Love him anyway!

I'm sorry you're going through this with your son, being a mom is the toughest job in the world sometimes. Even tougher when you can't "fix" the world for them. Big :hug: to you!

Okay, the warming of the chocolate drink - BRILLIANT!!! I've been craving hot chocolate ever since my son made some on the Keurig the other evening and I will confess to not really liking the chocolate drink cold but hot - yum!

Hello all! I feel like I've been chasing my own tail today - all my fault since I was out late at a hockey game last night <yawn>. My sister went with us but I had to eat before we left because there is nothing at the arena even close to being IP friendly and she ended up having a chopped turkey salad with me!

Very excited, won an auction on a local site for an adorable purple/pink dress! It's a large so if it doesn't fit now, it should soon - can't wait to pick it up.

Anyway, back to the tail-chasing :D

Jo

sarahBell
10-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Get some potssium and some magnesium at Walmart. That should tide you over & make the aches go away...

The RTE or the packet?
Dark Choc was my fav...until I eliminated soy :( Milk Choc not nearly as good IMO

The packet **shudder**

lisa32989
10-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Today's off-topic excitement: I just got in the lottery to be able to purchse World Series tickets!
My team is one win away from another World Series :crossed:
So excited!

NSV: I had to buy a new shirt when we went to our last game (last Friday nite's playoff game). My old one (from a previous World Series win) was size XXL.
Kinda don't wear THAT anymore :)
:cheer::broc::cheer2::woohoo::dance::jig::spin: :dancer:
Soooo glad I'm not footing the bill for IP foods anymore. One nite at the WS (for 2) will cost what a month's IP food costs :eek:

CrystalWolf
10-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Today's off-topic excitement: I just got in the lottery to be able to purchse World Series tickets!
So excited!

NSV: I had to buy a new shirt when we went to our last game (last Friday nite's playoff game). My old one (from a previous World Series win) was size XXL.

How exciting to get to go, I hope they make it and you get tickets! You are going to look fantastic in your new shirt.

nolasmurf
10-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Well the jicama chips didn't quite crisp up but they were still pretty good. I'll definitely be getting some more tomorrow!

tallgirl231
10-16-2013, 05:05 PM
So excited!

Soooo glad I'm not footing the bill for IP foods anymore. One nite at the WS (for 2) will cost what a month's IP food costs :eek:

Congrats Lisa. My nephew, who is a communcations major college graduate, is working in St Louis for MLB.com covering the Cardinals and he is beside himself hoping that they will go the World Series. What an awesome opportunity for him to write about the team and experience all of the excitement. Here's hoping that you win the tix and rock your new size shirt! Fingers crossed

vachinyc
10-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Today's off-topic excitement: I just got in the lottery to be able to purchse World Series tickets! My team is one win away from another World Series :crossed: So excited!

Awesome! That is so exciting. Congrats on both that AND a NON XXL shirt. :cp:

ems70508
10-16-2013, 05:25 PM
nolasmurf where did you get your jicama? i want to try it but can't find it!

nolasmurf
10-16-2013, 05:31 PM
nolasmurf where did you get your jicama? i want to try it but can't find it!

I got mine at Rouse's supermarket. Do ya'll have them in Laffy? I had to ask the produce manager to order some.

ems70508
10-16-2013, 05:34 PM
I got mine at Rouse's supermarket. Do ya'll have them in Laffy? I had to ask the produce manager to order some.

Yes! That's where I grocery shop. Love that it's local and that none of my bell peppers are the same shape. You know they're real! ;). I actually checked at Rouse's the other day and didn't see any. I'll ask this evening! Everyone raves about them so I've been interested. Thanks! :smug:

nolasmurf
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes! That's where I grocery shop. Love that it's local and that none of my bell peppers are the same shape. You know they're real! ;). I actually checked at Rouse's the other day and didn't see any. I'll ask this evening! Everyone raves about them so I've been interested. Thanks! :smug:

All the same reasons I shop there! And the customer service is awesome!

schenectady
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this with your son, being a mom is the toughest job in the world sometimes. Even tougher when you can't "fix" the world for them. Big :hug: to you!

Very excited, won an auction on a local site for an adorable purple/pink dress! It's a large so if it doesn't fit now, it should soon - can't wait to pick it up.

Jo

You will have to post a photo when you wear it. You have done incredibly well and realistically a large should fit you but we all know how cuts are different.

Thank you for your kind words re my son. I went out and raked leaves and pine needles, picked up all he pine cones and I feel better. Having filled two 94 gallon yard waste containers, I am done for the day with that. Need them emptied on Monday before I get to do more of that one chore.

schenectady
10-16-2013, 05:47 PM
So excited!

If anyone deserves such a treat, Lisa, you do! I will keep those fingers crossed and then you can proudly wear that SMALLER shirt!

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Just tried the Banana Pudding packet for my afternoon snack. YUMMY! Tastes something like a candy from my childhood...I can't put my finger on what candy that is, but it brings back childhood memories. Will definitely be ordering more of this packet.:love:

Hmmmm....maybe a bit of Runts candy and something else. Not sure what else though...:?:

nolasmurf
10-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Just tried the Banana Pudding packet for my afternoon snack. YUMMY! Tastes something like a candy from my childhood...I can't put my finger on what candy that is, but it brings back childhood memories. Will definitely be ordering more of this packet.:love:

Hmmmm....maybe a bit of Runts candy and something else. Not sure what else though...:?:

Laffy taffy! That's what I'm reminded of

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Laffy taffy! That's what I'm reminded of

YES! That's it. I haven't had that in FOREVER!!!! Thanks...it was driving me crazy with each bite. I was trying to describe it to my daughter, but wouldn't give up a bite so she kept looking at me like I was crazy!:dizzy:

Deana509
10-16-2013, 07:16 PM
I mix up the chocolate powder with cold water as usual, then nuke it for 2 minutes. Perfect hot chocolate morning drink.

Kathy

This is what I did.
It was so delicious!

I can do anything
10-16-2013, 07:52 PM
A happy accident

I made the oatmeal zucchini muffins for dessert tonight, usually I add a couple of dollops of WF maple syrup to them to enhance the maple flavor, but tonight I grabbed the blueberry syrup and without realizing it poured that Into the mix and WOW was it good. They tasted just like regular blueberry muffins, they hit the spot.

Zictory75
10-16-2013, 07:57 PM
So excited!

My parents met at Wash U and were married in St. Louis, so the whole family loves the Cards. I bet you will look awesome in your new shirt. I think I am about to join you in the alternatives world because of the soy.... So now I will look at that as a silver lining... If they make it again next year maybe I can afford tix :)

sarita75
10-16-2013, 08:00 PM
So excited!

Exciting!!!

Runts, for me.

A happy accident

I made the oatmeal zucchini muffins for dessert tonight, usually I add a couple of dollops of WF maple syrup to them to enhance the maple flavor, but tonight I grabbed the blueberry syrup and without realizing it poured that Into the mix and WOW was it good. They tasted just like regular blueberry muffins, they hit the spot.

That sounds delicious! What's your oatmeal zucchini muffin recipe?

leasie
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Well the jicama chips didn't quite crisp up but they were still pretty good. I'll definitely be getting some more tomorrow!

OMG - I made the cilantro lime jicama fries - they were soooooo good!!

tawanda
10-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone
I just wanted to check in and say "Lisa you look awesome in the new pic you posted. I am so proud of you!"

MelissaKate73
10-16-2013, 08:28 PM

Now I want to try the banana pudding! I have been hesitant to try any other puddings, because I was so underwhelmed by the vanilla! Adding banana to the list for next week.....I've really MISSED bananas.

A happy accident

I ditto Sarita.....save me from searching.....could you post the recipe for the muffins? I love love LOVE blueberry muffins!

lisa32989
10-16-2013, 08:39 PM
banana & lemon puddings make GOOD zucchini muffins, too!

I've NEVER been a fan of vanilla pudding so I'd never buy IP-brand either. But other flavors I like, I'll always try the IP version...

That sounds delicious! What's your oatmeal zucchini muffin recipe?
I posted it in Recipes #4 thread

MntRose
10-17-2013, 03:38 AM
Just finishing my fourth day in a row back OP! Did great today and think I can finally say I believe I am back again for the long haul. Feeling so much better now.

Lisa you look marvelous!! I have been following the Cards as well since SO is just outside of Saint Louis. He is excited that they come home for the next game.

schenectady, My prayers are with you. I know how hard it is to have your babies far away. I hope it all gets figured out. Also talking to a medical professional might be a thought if you haven't already.

Cilantro lime Jicama fries, I think I have to go find that recipe, sounds sooo good.

I hope everyone has a lovely night and awake to a glorious OP Day.

I can do anything
10-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Here is the zucchini muffin recipe. Like I said I add a couple of dollops of WF syrup. Blueberry or Maple, and cut out an oz of water.

Oatmeal Zucchini Muffins
Beat the egg in a bowl. Add Maple Oatmeal, baking powder, salt, Sucralose, cinnamon, and zucchini. Mix and gradually add water until you have a good batter.
Bake at 385°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Makes 3 regular muffins or 12-bite size
Ingredients:
• 1 package of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal
• 1 egg – beaten
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 packet of Sucralose, Stevia or Xylotol
• 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2-3/4 of small zucchini finely grated (squeeze out excess juice)
• 2-3 oz water

ENJOY