Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/15/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/15/2013

lisa32989
10-15-2013, 07:44 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

KareVT
10-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Lisa & IP'ers ~

Can I just say, I'm reminded daily how lucky I am to have found IP & this forum. It's so wonderful to finally be able to step back from food, understand the good & the bad and find a new relationship so that I don't ever go back!

Feeling grateful today ~ thanks for all of the support and have a nice day!

:sunny: :grouphug: :sunny:

lilkel244
10-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Good morning! KareVT, your post made me smile and think the same thing, I am grateful! I just had my first post-surgery weigh in! -3.2 lbs and down 21 total. I wish the 21 lbs was more noticeable- I am still wearing the same sized clothes! I will admit that the 16's were very tight when I started and now they are starting to get loose, but when you are in those higher numbered clothes it definitely takes a lot to move down a size! Has anyone tried the new IP chips? I got them at my appt today and plan on eating them with lunch. I am excited to try them! I hope everyone has an awesome day!

caressme
10-15-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm finally in ONEDERLAND!! After 10+ years!! This morning has been fantastic thus far with that kinda news! Woke my mom up and everything! :)

ems70508
10-15-2013, 09:51 AM
NSV yesterday evening...went by the neighbors to get some baking powder so I could try the mug cake and they had just finished IP. They had tons of leftover packets they weren't using anymore and passed them along to me! It's like Christmas.

We were talking about P1 and she said the funniest thing to me "it's sad when you feel like you 'cheated' because you ate an extra serving of tomatoes!". So true. This program really does change your outlook on a 'cheat' and I LOVE that.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PurpleMomster
10-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm finally in ONEDERLAND!! After 10+ years!! This morning has been fantastic thus far with that kinda news! Woke my mom up and everything! :)

That is awesome - congrats :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Good Tuesday morning all!

Back to work after a long weekend, yuck! My son only has 3 days of school this week - he's off Friday too, lucky kid.

WI day today and WI for the biggest loser challenge at work too since we were off yesterday. Interesting to see the WI's with it being just after Thanksgiving.

Tried on a long blouse/dress that I bought knowing it was too small and it just about fits - maybe next week! I'm so excited - can't wait to wear it.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Jo

caressme
10-15-2013, 10:03 AM
That is awesome - congrats :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Good Tuesday morning all!

Back to work after a long weekend, yuck! My son only has 3 days of school this week - he's off Friday too, lucky kid.

WI day today and WI for the biggest loser challenge at work too since we were off yesterday. Interesting to see the WI's with it being just after Thanksgiving.

Tried on a long blouse/dress that I bought knowing it was too small and it just about fits - maybe next week! I'm so excited - can't wait to wear it.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Jo

Thanks!! I too bought a couple goal oriented clothes at the thrift store last night - everything was 50% off so i said what the hey! why not!

leasie
10-15-2013, 10:15 AM
I read on FB today that a coach told a client they can have a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I NEVER heard that anywhere else. Does anybody know if this is even true?

dak1lls
10-15-2013, 10:22 AM
KareVT and lilkel, I echo your thoughts. This site and support have been invaluable to me.

Lilkel, congrats on your losses so far. I was a little frustrated in the beginning as well when my sizes didn't drop to reflect the weight I was losing. I think it was somewhere around the 30lb range when I finally began dropping in sizes. It soon began happening at a much faster rate. I think it is common for most of us. The funniest thing is when someone asks if you are wearing your hair differently....."no. I just lost 30lbs!". Lol.

Caressme, congratulations on onderland! I know that must be such an incredible feeling! WTG! I wished we had a better Goodwill here. Ours is very picked over and I could not ever find much. Now that I am at goal it is fun to shop for permanent clothes. Although, like others have commented, I am trying to find my"style" after always choosing clothes based on covering my fat rolls, arms, etc....

Ems, way to score on the IP products! I soooo agree on the "cheating" comment. Gave me a good chuckle.

Purplemomster, good luck on your WI and I just know that blouse will fit perfectly soon, and then be too big soon as well!

I am off on my daily travels across our fine state. Raining and windy, so not liking that. I hope everyone has a great OP day!

nalaroo
10-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I highly encourage everyone to replace the word "cheat" with "deviate". I find we beat ourselves up enough as it is and we don't need that negative energy in our life when we're trying to do something so good for ourselves. We need to stop beating ourselves up because we had a momentary "deviation" from IP.

We all stumble sometimes, so when you "deviate" just pick yourself up off the floor, dust yourself off and keep moving forward. Believe in yourself and believe in the plan.

I'm working on my positive energy today. The more you put out, the more you get back. :)

Ruth Ann
10-15-2013, 10:35 AM

Welcome to Onderland! That is so awesome! Congrats! :bravo:

CrystalWolf
10-15-2013, 11:10 AM
... I just had my first post-surgery weigh in! -3.2 lbs and down 21 total. I wish the 21 lbs was more noticeable- I am still wearing the same sized clothes! I will admit that the 16's were very tight when I started and now they are starting to get loose, but when you are in those higher numbered clothes it definitely takes a lot to move down a size! Has anyone tried the new IP chips? I got them at my appt today and plan on eating them with lunch. I am excited to try them! I hope everyone has an awesome day!
It took me a while too, I started in 16s and then spent forever in 14s, then 12 kind of whizzed right by now I am in a 10. Congrats on the 21lbs!

Wooo hooo caressme!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy:

Caressme, congratulations on onderland! I know that must be such an incredible feeling! WTG! I wished we had a better Goodwill here. Ours is very picked over and I could not ever find much. Now that I am at goal it is fun to shop for permanent clothes. Although, like others have commented, I am trying to find my"style" after always choosing clothes based on covering my fat rolls, arms, etc....
Our thrift stores in Minot stink too, I can't find anything and work right next door to one. Thank goodness we have a Kohl's and Gordman's now I can shop the good sales.

April Starter
10-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Can someone please settle a discussion that my IP Losing pal and I are having. Veggie Cheese (brand name of lactose free soy based cheese) is it IP compatible?

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning IPers! Off to the doctor this morning for my first weigh in. I am hoping for some good results. I've been 100% this first week (which I will continue). Ate my 3 IP packets each day, got my salt, supper protein and oil too. I am really trying to obsess less with the food, but it is hard. Definitely a mental challenge for me. I'm not hungry, physically, just mentally. I don't even know if it is mental hunger per se. I just think about food (what's next) all the time. I am hoping to break this habit while OP. Wish me luck today. I will check in later with some amazing (I hope) results!
Have a wonderful OP day!!!

sarita75
10-15-2013, 11:32 AM
:dizzy:
Good morning all. My madness continues. I cancelled my 1st appointment ever for my Tuesday WI yesterday due to it. I know I need to find balance but between work, studying and crazy work stuff invading my sleep and crazy other attorneys (pushing for in-person meetings with a 45-minute commute each way when it could just be handled telephonically) - I am at my wits end. I honestly have not been this stressed in a very long time. I will be very happy to be done with this examination so that I don't feel constantly on the verge of tears or a breakdown. That being said, I am still OP, although having a little more lean protein (2-3 oz) due to the amount of brain functioning that I have needed. I feel good and my scale says there is still downward movement so its all okay. That will be my mantra for the next week - "It's all okay."

Anyhow, happy to see all the lovely posts this morning! Keep up the good work!

Can I just say, I'm reminded daily how lucky I am to have found IP & this forum. It's so wonderful to finally be able to step back from food, understand the good & the bad and find a new relationship so that I don't ever go back!

What a great sentiment to read early in the threads - thank you for sharing and for the reminder to be grateful for all of each other. :)

I just had my first post-surgery weigh in! -3.2 lbs and down 21 total. I wish the 21 lbs was more noticeable- I am still wearing the same sized clothes! I will admit that the 16's were very tight when I started and now they are starting to get loose, but when you are in those higher numbered clothes it definitely takes a lot to move down a size! Has anyone tried the new IP chips? I got them at my appt today and plan on eating them with lunch. I am excited to try them! I hope everyone has an awesome day!
Congrats on the loss and let us know about the chips!!

I'm finally in ONEDERLAND!! Congrats!!!!!

NSV yesterday evening...went by the neighbors to get some baking powder so I could try the mug cake and they had just finished IP. They had tons of leftover packets they weren't using anymore and passed them along to me! It's like Christmas. OMG, that would be just like a really nice Xmas gift!! LOL. Dang packets. I get so worried about wasting them because they cost so dang much. :) Score for you!

I am off on my daily travels across our fine state. Raining and windy, so not liking that. I hope everyone has a great OP day! Safe travels!!!

Tried on a long blouse/dress that I bought knowing it was too small and it just about fits - maybe next week! I'm so excited - can't wait to wear it

Good luck at your WIs and I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the blouse!!

lilkel244
10-15-2013, 11:44 AM
So one more thing, I was on plan in August/Sept and then went off mid September due to my emergency GI surgery- today I am FREEZING! Like space heater on in my office, under jackets freezing! I had heard IP can make you really cold but I think it was still hot enough when I started I didn't notice, I am so cold right now! Does it go away?

Misstiff
10-15-2013, 11:54 AM

Wahoo!!! I'm so happy for you, hopefully I will join you soon in onderland.

amt6
10-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Good morning fellow IPers! I am happy to report that after a few weeks of veryyyy slow losses, I can finally say I have lost 50 lbs.! I don't know why, but the 50 seems like a really big number to me and I'm happy to be here! :carrot:

I started running a few weeks ago and am on week 3 day 2 of Couch to 5k. It's tough but I am enjoying it (who am I? I like running?!). Most of all, I'm enjoying being able to move my body around without so much effort. I bought some Quest Bars to supplement on day that I am running, and I will keep an eye on the scale to make sure I'm not screwing up everything I have worked for. Otherwise, I'm just going to keep on keepin' on. Have a good day everyone!

CONGRATS!!! This is such a huge accomplishment. I know I felt great when I got there, so I can imagine how happy you are! :carrot:

Good morning! KareVT, your post made me smile and think the same thing, I am grateful! I just had my first post-surgery weigh in! -3.2 lbs and down 21 total. I wish the 21 lbs was more noticeable- I am still wearing the same sized clothes! I will admit that the 16's were very tight when I started and now they are starting to get loose, but when you are in those higher numbered clothes it definitely takes a lot to move down a size! Has anyone tried the new IP chips? I got them at my appt today and plan on eating them with lunch. I am excited to try them! I hope everyone has an awesome day!

I had the chips last week. They are a VERY strong garlic flavor, so much so that I felt like I was offending the people around me :o But they are a welcome change to my pudding routine. Also, there are SO MANY in each bag!

cassieleeanne
10-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Congratulations Keep it up!!

cassieleeanne
10-15-2013, 12:41 PM
So today is my last day in phase 3 and I am excited but scared to start maintenance. I can't believe I finally made it through the long process, now if my hair would only grow back faster then I would be thrilled!!

DJ72
10-15-2013, 12:51 PM
So today is my last day in phase 3 and I am excited but scared to start maintenance. I can't believe I finally made it through the long process, now if my hair would only grow back faster then I would be thrilled!!

Congrats on your success and all your hard work. Your hair WILL grow back. Trust me. And.... My new growth was beautiful. Felt way nicer. Hard not to worry about it but it will.
Three cheers for you!

lisa32989
10-15-2013, 12:52 PM
I am still wearing the same sized clothes! I will admit that the 16's were very tight when I started and now they are starting to get loose, but when you are in those higher numbered clothes it definitely takes a lot to move down a size!
I started in 24s and tight 22s. It took a VERY long time (it seemed) to switch sizes. And people didn't really notice my weight loss until I'd lost well over 50. But I realized I was still in the morbidly obese range so all most people still saw was a fat girl, even tho I KNEW there was a thinner one working on coming out!
I'm not sure I'll ever be "thin". I just have the curvy body type that doesn't want to be that thin. Even when I was younger & "felt fat" (but wasn't) I was never "thin"

Woo Hoo
Welcome to onderland.
You never ever have to have a weight that starts with a 2 EVER again!

I highly encourage everyone to replace the word "cheat" with "deviate". I find we beat ourselves up enough as it is and we don't need that negative energy in our life when we're trying to do something so good for ourselves. We need to stop beating ourselves up because we had a momentary "deviation" from IP.

We all stumble sometimes, so when you "deviate" just pick yourself up off the floor, dust yourself off and keep moving forward. Believe in yourself and believe in the plan.
Many folks talk about "cheat days" in maintenance. How can it be cheating if you're supposed to do it? I will re-frame to "fun" day or "planned unplanned day"

In my mind, a "cheat" is a blatant disregard for the plan, which is very different than many of the deviations.

Can someone please settle a discussion that my IP Losing pal and I are having. Veggie Cheese (brand name of lactose free soy based cheese) is it IP compatible?
It depends on if you are following the P1 protocol sheet 100% to the letter or not.
If you are, then no. It is not on the sheet.
Some people add a little bit of it (like a tablespoon) without any ill effects.
I do not b/c it is soy, which from my reading I believe just isn't good for people.

So one more thing, I was on plan in August/Sept and then went off mid September due to my emergency GI surgery- today I am FREEZING! Like space heater on in my office, under jackets freezing! I had heard IP can make you really cold but I think it was still hot enough when I started I didn't notice, I am so cold right now! Does it go away?
I got colder and colder til I finally went to the doc. He checked my thyroid functioning and it was low. IP can cause that in some people. Most people recover from it over the course of a month or 2. I did not. If you stay cold, check with your doc.

The other thing is that right now your body is still re-acclimating after surgery. That takes a while, as well.
I'm sitting at my desk with 2 sweaters, drinking hot tea, and with an extra pair of socks (avoiding the space heater for now but it'll be coming out soon if they don't turn off this doggone AC!)

schenectady
10-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Good morning IPers! Off to the doctor this morning for my first weigh in. I am hoping for some good results. I've been 100% this first week (which I will continue). Ate my 3 IP packets each day, got my salt, supper protein and oil too. I am really trying to obsess less with the food, but it is hard. Definitely a mental challenge for me. I'm not hungry, physically, just mentally. I don't even know if it is mental hunger per se. I just think about food (what's next) all the time. I am hoping to break this habit while OP. Wish me luck today. I will check in later with some amazing (I hope) results!
Have a wonderful OP day!!!

emsmom97 - I found that the thinking about food began to go away after a few weeks. You get so used to the routine and the schedule that it is almost second nature.

I did not get any hankering for things I missed, either. My mind just locked itself in on this trajectory and has not deviated from that.

For me, adhering as much as possible to the letter of the law keeps me from starting slips that might turn into slides. Frankly, I do not want to 'experiment' with much off the program because I do not want to start a landslide. My personality is such that I am pretty sure that is what will happen and yet I am sure there are others who can handle 'deviations'.

You need to discover for yourself what works but I think you will find that the thinking about food goes away which makes the program easier.

jcw1020
10-15-2013, 01:15 PM
I've been doing really well with this new way of living and have stayed strong through every temptation, but today I really want to give in. There are cupcakes in the office and I just want a bite of one. SO bad. I have my WI tonight and I think I'm going to hit the 20 pound loss, but that's just not keeping me away from them right now!

lisa32989
10-15-2013, 01:24 PM
I've been doing really well with this new way of living and have stayed strong through every temptation, but today I really want to give in. There are cupcakes in the office and I just want a bite of one. SO bad. I have my WI tonight and I think I'm going to hit the 20 pound loss, but that's just not keeping me away from them right now!
Learning self control is what will help us maintain the weight we have lost.

Sometimes I just have to ask myself: Who is stronger (fill in the blank with food) or me? So in this case, is the inanimate object (cupcake) more powerful or are you?

I'm not saying that cravings are not powerful things. They surely are!

What can you do to remove them from your sight/smell/thoughts to move on with your day? Eat your restricted? Drink some hot tea?

I view one bite as a termite. There is never just one. Once the first one gets in, there will always be more & pretty soon you have to call the exterminator because you are infested! (maybe you can picture the cupcakes covered with termites! yuck!)

The power and strength we gain when we power-through these overpowering urges are very affirming! You can do it!

theEguarantee
10-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments!!

I'm now 20lb from my original goal. I only plan on staying on phase 1 for 2 more weeks. After phasing out by the end of November, I will start personal training sessions 3x/week. I hope to continue to post & watch my ticker continue to go down!
I'm extremely happy this morning due to the fact that I can get into my size 8's!! They aren't quite comfortable (or flattering) just yet, but I strongly feel by the end of this month, they'll fit just fine!
Thanks to everyone for the continuous support and motivation!! You all ROCK!

schenectady
10-15-2013, 01:35 PM

You know, if you do have a cupcake, you may discover that it REALLY didn't taste as good as you thought/imagined/dreamed it would. Then you will have had a slip and been upset and disappointed. I know that is what has happened for me often - it never really comes close to tasting as good as I thought.

It is your mind playing tricks on you and you can handle that. Just remember how close you are getting to that wonderful 20 pound mark and how mad you might be at yourself if it slid back pounds and the goal was further away than ever.

caressme
10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Welcome to Onderland! That is so awesome! Congrats! :bravo:

Thanks Ruth Ann!!:hug:

caressme
10-15-2013, 01:39 PM
KareVT and lilkel, I echo your thoughts. This site and support have been invaluable to me.

Lilkel, congrats on your losses so far. I was a little frustrated in the beginning as well when my sizes didn't drop to reflect the weight I was losing. I think it was somewhere around the 30lb range when I finally began dropping in sizes. It soon began happening at a much faster rate. I think it is common for most of us. The funniest thing is when someone asks if you are wearing your hair differently....."no. I just lost 30lbs!". Lol.

Ems, way to score on the IP products! I soooo agree on the "cheating" comment. Gave me a good chuckle.

Purplemomster, good luck on your WI and I just know that blouse will fit perfectly soon, and then be too big soon as well!

I am off on my daily travels across our fine state. Raining and windy, so not liking that. I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Thanks! I didnt find much last nights trip due to the sale .. I never go to Goodwill anymore - try value village or Unique if you have one where you live - Google search it:D

caressme
10-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Wahoo!!! I'm so happy for you, hopefully I will join you soon in onderland.

THANKS! YEs ur almost there!!! Cant wait for u to have the giggles i did this am and to hear about it! :carrot:

caressme
10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Good morning fellow IPers! I am happy to report that after a few weeks of veryyyy slow losses, I can finally say I have lost 50 lbs.! I don't know why, but the 50 seems like a really big number to me and I'm happy to be here! :carrot:

I started running a few weeks ago and am on week 3 day 2 of Couch to 5k. It's tough but I am enjoying it (who am I? I like running?!). Most of all, I'm enjoying being able to move my body around without so much effort. I bought some Quest Bars to supplement on day that I am running, and I will keep an eye on the scale to make sure I'm not screwing up everything I have worked for. Otherwise, I'm just going to keep on keepin' on. Have a good day everyone!

CONGRATS!!! This is such a huge accomplishment. I know I felt great when I got there, so I can imagine how happy you are! :carrot:

I had the chips last week. They are a VERY strong garlic flavor, so much so that I felt like I was offending the people around me :o But they are a welcome change to my pudding routine. Also, there are SO MANY in each bag!

THANKS! and 50 is a huge number!! its the size of a small toddler or 10 5 lb bags of sugar i kno u feel sooo good! Cant wait to join u in 50 world

vachinyc
10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know how IP officially talks about how they set your goal weight?

I forgot to ask my coach last week and I've been wondering about it since we all seem to vary so much with goal weights - even people who are the same height.

Most weight loss plans in the past have given me a number I thought was far to low to be maintainable and not miserable. But my IP goal is very close to the weight I maintained for a good 8 years or so (as an adult).

I'm just curious how they come to the number if any of you know.

caressme
10-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Congratulations Keep it up!!

THANKS!!! For you hair youtube organic cocunut oil and see if you would like to try that to get your hair to grow back nice and thick .. also there are a lot of homemade remedies (eggs, mayo. avocado, etc) You will do fine in maintenance!:carrot:

caressme
10-15-2013, 01:46 PM
I started in 24s and tight 22s. It took a VERY long time (it seemed) to switch sizes. And people didn't really notice my weight loss until I'd lost well over 50. But I realized I was still in the morbidly obese range so all most people still saw was a fat girl, even tho I KNEW there was a thinner one working on coming out!
I'm not sure I'll ever be "thin". I just have the curvy body type that doesn't want to be that thin. Even when I was younger & "felt fat" (but wasn't) I was never "thin"

Woo Hoo
Welcome to onderland.
You never ever have to have a weight that starts with a 2 EVER again!

Many folks talk about "cheat days" in maintenance. How can it be cheating if you're supposed to do it? I will re-frame to "fun" day or "planned unplanned day"

In my mind, a "cheat" is a blatant disregard for the plan, which is very different than many of the deviations.

It depends on if you are following the P1 protocol sheet 100% to the letter or not.
I do not b/c it is soy, which from my reading I believe just isn't good for people.

I got colder and colder til I finally went to the doc. He checked my thyroid functioning and it was low. IP can cause that in some people. Most people recover from it over the course of a month or 2. I did not. If you stay cold, check with your doc.

The other thing is that right now your body is still re-acclimating after surgery. That takes a while, as well.
I'm sitting at my desk with 2 sweaters, drinking hot tea, and with an extra pair of socks (avoiding the space heater for now but it'll be coming out soon if they don't turn off this doggone AC!)

YES! ur comment made me teary eyed a little :) thanks! :D:hug:

PrettyMom09
10-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments!!

I'm now 20lb from my original goal. I only plan on staying on phase 1 for 2 more weeks. After phasing out by the end of November, I will start personal training sessions 3x/week. I hope to continue to post & watch my ticker continue to go down!
I'm extremely happy this morning due to the fact that I can get into my size 8's!! They aren't quite comfortable (or flattering) just yet, but I strongly feel by the end of this month, they'll fit just fine!
Thanks to everyone for the continuous support and motivation!! You all ROCK!

Congratulations on the size 8!!

jcw1020
10-15-2013, 02:09 PM
thanks Lisa & Schenectady! I've made it through another hour. The worst part? I'm the one who brought them in for someone's birthday. I'm usually fine with it and make it through the day easily, but for some reason I really wanted one! I'm now picturing termites, so that seems to be a great trick!!!!

cassieleeanne
10-15-2013, 02:36 PM
THANKS!!! For you hair youtube organic cocunut oil and see if you would like to try that to get your hair to grow back nice and thick .. also there are a lot of homemade remedies (eggs, mayo. avocado, etc) You will do fine in maintenance!:carrot:

I will thank you for the heads up :D:D

lilkel244
10-15-2013, 02:36 PM
I set my own goal with the help of my coach. I am 5' even and I started at 207 and a size 16. When we weighed me on the special scale we found (which I wasn't surprised) that I had a very high muscle mass (110 lbs) so with tissue and organs and all that jazz we came up with 130- even though for my height that is considered the very high end of healthy BMI (132 is overweight for my height). I would have to drop muscle to really get less than that. So we discussed it at length and came up with 130!

I forgot to ask my coach last week and I've been wondering about it since we all seem to vary so much with goal weights - even people who are the same height.

Most weight loss plans in the past have given me a number I thought was far to low to be maintainable and not miserable. But my IP goal is very close to the weight I maintained for a good 8 years or so (as an adult).

GettinHealthyNow
10-15-2013, 02:49 PM

My coach didn't really address it with me. She asked what my goal was, and I told her 160 - mainly because I have never in my adult life been at 140-145, which is what is considered a healthy weight for my height - and I just didn't think it was realistic for me to achieve. So she agreed that we'd say 160 for now and see how I was feeling as I get closer to that.

But now that I've been on IP for 5 weeks and see how it's working for me, and my dedication to this - I revised my goal on my own to 145. I know I can do this. I do want to talk to my coach about it though. :D

PurpleMomster
10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Just a quick drop in to say - I'm down 2.8lbs this week - woohoo!!! Which means I made the 25lbs for Halloween goal a couple of weeks ahead of time, yay!

And - even more important - I am halfway to my goal :D I can't believe the 180's are in sight...never in a million years expected to say that any time soon.

Jo

JaneDeaux
10-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Hello everyone! Today the office ordered Jimmy John's. I usually get a veggie unwich, no cheese, mayo or avocado. My sandwich arrived loaded with mayo and cheese! If perchance I ate the cheese and mayo (okay I did) should I forego something to make up for some of the bad things, or just keep on? I'm not advocating cheating because I'm not smarter than this diet but am wondering how to handle a variation from the plan.

ems70508
10-15-2013, 03:27 PM

Lisa, is there a previous thread where you posted about soy not being good for people? I would like to look into it. I am not suffering from thyroid issues but would love to read up on it. My family grows soybeans at our family farm and have never heard bad things so i'm interested! :smug:

wantanewme
10-15-2013, 03:39 PM
I posted a thread about this but thought I'd get an answer here faster. Is rotisserie chicken with the skin taken off allowed in phase 1? Thanks!

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 03:42 PM

Try Biotin...just make sure there is no sugar listed in the ingredients. I have been taking it for about 5 months and boy does it work! My daughter is envious of my hair growing so quickly. Make sure you take it daily and it takes about 3 months to really see results, but when you do...WOW!

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Back from WI...down 7.2 pounds this week. I was hoping for 10, but still...7.2 is more than one pound per day. Hoping this will continue and I will be at goal before I know it!

cassieleeanne
10-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Try Biotin...just make sure there is no sugar listed in the ingredients. I have been taking it for about 5 months and boy does it work! My daughter is envious of my hair growing so quickly. Make sure you take it daily and it takes about 3 months to really see results, but when you do...WOW!

I have been on biotin for about a month, I wasn't told that their could be hair loss on this diet, so when it started falling out I freaked and started taking biotin and the omega vitamins. So hopefully only a few months to go before my hair is beautiful again.

nalaroo
10-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Whoo hoo... down 3.8lbs for 68lb loss.

I'm at my half way point!

DJ72
10-15-2013, 04:01 PM

How much Biotin are you taking?

sarita75
10-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Whoo hoo... down 3.8lbs for 68lb loss. I'm at my half way point!

Congrats!!!

sarahBell
10-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Whoo hoo... down 3.8lbs for 68lb loss.

I'm at my half way point!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

AWESOME!

And conrats to all who have entered ONEderland, any loss is a loss :)

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:

How much Biotin are you taking?

I take 5000 mcg. Am thinking about upping to the 10,000 mcg now that I've started IP as people say their hair falls out. I'm worried about that since it took me forever to get it just past my shoulders. The brand I buy is Nature's Bounty as it has no sugar in it at all. A lot of brands claim no sugar, but if you look at the ingredients...there it is! I just bought some last week at Rite Aide, on sale, buy one get one free! Love deals like that!!!

sarahBell
10-15-2013, 04:59 PM
I know that around 6 weeks into Ph1 you need to cleans your poor organs that are holding all of the toxins that are being flushed out of them. What exactly happens when you cleans?

jmanovich
10-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone- happy to report I have been 100% so far today. And keeping it that way! Congrats to everyone on the awesome WIs and NSVs! Anyways, I went through my IP cupboard this morning and I have a bunch of stuff that I don't like. I hate to throw it out...so I am offering it up for sale to anyone here. I am willing to ship to US or Canada. Buyer pays shipping.

I have:
10 Walden Farms dressing pouches (2x italian, 2x thousand island, 2x honey dijon, 2x creamy bacon, 2x ranch) - Retail 5.00

6 packets of Nashua Nutrition's Creamy Cheesecake Pudding (retail approx 10.00)

4 x ready to eat chocolate pudding cups (IP brand) retail- approx 15.00)

Bottle of walden farms coleslaw dressing (not opened of course!) retail approx 5.00

IP Packets:

-Tomato Basil Soup
-Fine Herb and Cheese Omelet
-Potato Puree x2
-Vegetable Chili (retail- 20.00 approx)

6 packets of Wonderslim Dark Cocoa Pudding (retail approx 8.00)

Samples from Nashua (will throw in for fun)
-strawberry yogurt smoothie
-strawberry cream pudding

All yours for 20.00 plus shipping (probably another 15.00 or so!)

Please send me a PM if interested. thanks!

clbott
10-15-2013, 06:37 PM
I make pumpkin bread for the teachers at my daughters school every fall. I have been dreading this, pumpkin bread is my favorite thing ever. So, last night I made four huge loaves. I DID NOT HAVE ANY, DIDN'T LICK A SPOON OR ANY FINGERS EITHER!!!!!! (ok I did inhale it really deeply when it came out of the oven, but there isn't any calories or carbs in a deep smell lol)

I made it really late and went right to bed, it cooled while I slept. I bagged it up as soon as I got up and then took it the **** out of my house. WHEW!!!

I'm proud of that. I also changed my ticker a few days ago because I lost 35 lbs before I started IP and I realized that I can claim those pounds too. I DID lose them after all. I also chaged my goal weight from 150 to 200. I realized that everytime I looked at that that it was psyching me out. So I made it stop ;) Have a great day everyone!

Deana509
10-15-2013, 07:57 PM
So I'm in the middle of my 5th week, and I seriously have no appetite, like I don't even want to touch IP packets let alone anything else... I am struggling to even eat the required amount of food.... Nothing seems good to me... I dont know if its normal, or if maybe I'm just getting sick, or what....

shrinkingsusie
10-15-2013, 08:01 PM

Congrats!!

lisa32989
10-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Deana
Welcome to Ketosis
Enjoy it
It won't last this strongly

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 08:04 PM
So I'm in the middle of my 5th week, and I seriously have no appetite, like I don't even want to touch IP packets let alone anything else... I am struggling to even eat the required amount of food.... Nothing seems good to me... I dont know if its normal, or if maybe I'm just getting sick, or what....
Lucky! I have just the opposite today. I'm hungry. Just ate (drank) my afternoon snack. Had my three IP packets today, plus my veggies at lunch. It's only 4pm and I'm ready for dinner. Think I will drink some water and read a book for a while. I need to make it to 5:30 to eat or I will be hungry tonite. I haven't had this feeling yet. YIKES! Wonder why I'm hungry today???:?:

dak1lls
10-15-2013, 08:57 PM
It took me a while too, I started in 16s and then spent forever in 14s, then 12 kind of whizzed right by now I am in a 10. Congrats on the 21lbs!

Wooo hooo caressme!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy:

Our thrift stores in Minot stink too, I can't find anything and work right next door to one. Thank goodness we have a Kohl's and Gordman's now I can shop the good sales.

I am so jealous you have a Gordman's now! I love that store. I may stop in tomorrow when I am in Minot for work.

coffeebean
10-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Wanted something salty today like chips. Had to settle for celery with a little salt. Not as tasty as chips but love the felling that I did not cave to my weakness.

dak1lls
10-15-2013, 09:04 PM
:dizzy:
Good morning all. My madness continues. I cancelled my 1st appointment ever for my Tuesday WI yesterday due to it. I know I need to find balance but between work, studying and crazy work stuff invading my sleep and crazy other attorneys (pushing for in-person meetings with a 45-minute commute each way when it could just be handled telephonically) - I am at my wits end. I honestly have not been this stressed in a very long time. I will be very happy to be done with this examination so that I don't feel constantly on the verge of tears or a breakdown. That being said, I am still OP, although having a little more lean protein (2-3 oz) due to the amount of brain functioning that I have needed. I feel good and my scale says there is still downward movement so its all okay. That will be my mantra for the next week - "It's all okay."!

Oh my! You do soooo much and it exhausts me just thinking about it! That examination can't come quickly enough. All my positive thoughts are headed your way. Be good to yourself and take a bubble bath tonight. :hug:

sarita75
10-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Oh my! You do soooo much and it exhausts me just thinking about it! That examination can't come quickly enough. All my positive thoughts are headed your way. Be good to yourself and take a bubble bath tonight. :hug:

Taking a break for a moment to check out the site before getting back into the books. Thank you so much for these kinds words. I may actually take a bath and study while in it - good idea!! thanks dak1lls!

jcw1020
10-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Remember that one time I really wanted a cupcake and I took some sage advice and pictured it covered in creepy crawlies to get over the craving? well, it paid off! I was SO happy to step off the scale today and have my coach tell me I've lost 20 pounds so far! Woo hoo!

lisa32989
10-15-2013, 11:55 PM
Remember that one time I really wanted a cupcake and I took some sage advice and pictured it covered in creepy crawlies to get over the craving? well, it paid off! I was SO happy to step off the scale today and have my coach tell me I've lost 20 pounds so far! Woo hoo!
Yup. Now STOP buying treats for the office that are going to call to you!!!!

lisa32989
10-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Taking a break for a moment to check out the site before getting back into the books. Thank you so much for these kinds words. I may actually take a bath and study while in it - good idea!! thanks dak1lls!
Use epsom salts. The magnesium will relax you.

Meeshellee
10-16-2013, 12:07 AM
I started in 24s and tight 22s. It took a VERY long time (it seemed) to switch sizes. And people didn't really notice my weight loss until I'd lost well over 50.

Thank you Lisa! This is sooo what I needed to hear today. I started in tight 20's...now I'm in baggy 18's. Today someone asked me how many sizes I've dropped...they were shocked when I said only one. I wonder if the smaller you get if you start to drop sizes quicker??

sarita75
10-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Use epsom salts. The magnesium will relax you.

I ended up not taking a bath, I got wrapped up in property division studying and then I had to pay bills and balance z' checkbook, lest it be forgotten. Tomorrow. tomorrow.....

Wine4me
10-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Congrats, for getting to Onederland!!!!!