LA Weight Loss - October 2013 Friends and Losers

View Full Version : October 2013 Friends and Losers

Mama Nicole
10-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Anyone wanna give this a whirl with me? I have been eating for my health most of the time....but right now, I am in hog heaven. I don't think I am completely out of control....but it's a close call. My WI this a.m......213. Not the best...but I am sooo looking forward to next Monday's W.I. I could sure use some cheerleaders....and if there were some of my oldbie cheerleaders...that would be really fun. Anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

LittleBlueCat
10-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi Nicole!!
Long time no see :) I still have that Hello Kitty blanket from back when... remember?
I am trying to get back on track as well. Are you following any plans?

Repo girl
10-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Yes, dammit! I do want in. What are you doing Nicole? LAWL or something else? I have been thinking about trying to find my old books, but I weigh so much more than I did when I did it last time that my old plan wouldn't be the right one. I have seriously got to get a clue. That's it! I'm a rebel without a clue. Plain and simple, lol.

Mama Nicole
10-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I just ordered the books on ebay.....digital version :). There is a ton of info on this site too. Yes, LAWL. Red plan. More later. Hi Nancy :).

Repo girl
10-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Okay, I just ordered my plan on Ebay. We are really going to do this. Nicole, you and I have been living in similar twilight zones the last couple of years, and I know that we have a lot to offer each other. We can do this, we have both done it before, and by god, we both deserve it!

Nancy- Nice to meet you!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Nicole, how did you find the digital version? When I searched nothing came up.

juliemarie
10-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Hey Ladies! I'm in for a little support! I probably won't be following one of the plans-but if I want to lose another 20 lbs, I need to follow a low carb, high protein diet-so it's similar.

I've mostly maintained my weight loss from surgery for the last 2 years. I've had pretty typical results in losing a good percentage of my excess weight and a small amount of regain from my lowest weight (188). My surgeon's team consider me to be a success and I do too. But-I know I can lose some more. Bad habits/addictions returned. I have severe iron deficiency that is now requiring me to get iron infusions. But-it's time to get off my duff and get into regular exercise (always my weakest point) and eliminate the bad carbs and alcohol (whole 'nother story) from my diet.

I do fine with my diet most of the time. I can no longer eat huge portions (thankfully) but can still graze on "slider" foods in the evening while watching TV/FBing/etc . . .and drinking. Damn wine.

So-I make Josie "earn" her screen time. So, I'm going to do that too. No computer/Hulu/Netflix time for me until I exercise. And no more eating in front of the computer. If I can stick to these rules-i really shouldn't have a problem.

So-one day at a time. I had Greek yogurt with fresh peach and a little whole grain granola for crunch at breakfast. Lunch will be a taco salad (no chips). Dinner? Mahi Mahi with mashed cauliflower and arugula salad. Snacks can be cucumber with hummus, pickles or protein coffee. One or more of those.

It's gorgeous here today so I'm going to get a 2 mile run/walk in before I leave work. We have an awesome pedestrian path around my work. I'll wave at some monkeys!

Mama Nicole
10-14-2013, 02:31 PM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271282779012

KrispieD
10-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Ladies!!!! Hello!!! Well I got 100 lbs off and then put 50 back on. I have sipped eating meat and cut out gluten and dairy.. Makes my Packer games a little dull!!!! I tried a product suggested by a friend that is all natural and have lost 4 lbs and 5" in a month. I liked it so much I signed up a a distributor and MIL and hubs are starting. I also started a food blog so will share my recipes with you!
Glad to back with you amazing ladies!!'n

Mama Nicole
10-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes, Nancy...I do remember...how very nice to see you :).

JM.....Kristen.....so nice to get back in touch with you all. How we all struggle. I have never really made a ton of progress, but I have never quit....well, for more than a couple of months anyway.

So, I start FF tomorrow morning. I am not even prepared, grocery wise, but I will stop in at the grocery store in the a.m. and make the best of it. I am sooo ready to move my ticker.

MomOfThreeTeens
10-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Its been so long since I did Take Off or a FF that I cant remember how! LOL I told hubby yesterday that it was time for the food police to show up at our house. I've been off my BP medicine since May and have NO desire to have to start taking it again so here's to the healthy eating! Nice to "see" everybody again! Lets do this!

marzbe
10-15-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm in. Lurking around here and foot surgery has done me no good. :dizzy: This is the kick I need. I'm fitting into my size 10s but I want my definition and energy back.

Nicole and anyone else that is interested I STILL HAVE my original Red program paperwork--I guess I held onto it for a reason.

juliemarie
10-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Hey ladies! How is your week going?

So far I've managed to get in my exercise and EARN my screen time! :) 2 mile power walk yesterday (knee a little too sore for jogging) and a 1hr tap class tonight. Yesterday was almost perfect food wise. Today didn't start off great since my mom showed up this morning with warm Krispy Kreme! So-yeah, i caved and had one. But redeemed myself the rest of the day. Naked burrito from Qdoba. Yum. It's that TOM for me this week so I'm staying off the scale!

Shy16
10-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Hello Ladies....
I'd almost given up hope that anyone was around these threads!
I was posting frequently on another thread but, after a while, I was the only one posting and I eventually gave up....
I do, however, check out the forum occasionally to see if there is any 'action' and, I was pleasantly surprised to see some friendly exchanges going around!

I would love to join this group if you'll have me!

juliemarie
10-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Welcome Shy! The more the merrier! So-Nicole! How's FF going? Don't just start this thread and disappear!

Shy16
10-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Hmm..... I have to update my ticker!
I have to figure it out... please be patient. It does, however, show that I am one pound from goal..... this was achieved and then some. It was way back in February after i came back from a vacation! I was only one pound away for weeks and weeks!

However, the end of summer finally took its toll on me. There were too many parties and gatherings where family and food mixed. There were so many gatherings that I didn't even consider what I was eating and how much. I was costantly away at a relative's house. I started to put on the weight slowly. I could feel it. My clothes were still fitting (as they were really loose to begin with) all summer long.
It's just until recently that i noticed that they are getting a little snug.
We just celebrated our Canadian thanksgiving and I was gone for the whole weekend enjoying even more foods.
Once again, I didn't care about the consequences. I knew that I was going to do something about it when I got back.

Update: I couldn't find the Knudsen's juice in three stores i visited while in the States. Are they not making it anymore?
I know that I can just start the program and do what I know how to do and WILL lose the weight. However, it would be nice to kick start this thing! I have way too much junk in me right now. lol

I have to find an alternate method of doing a take off. When I do, then I'm back in full force! I would like to find something by Sunday so that I can start the TO on Monday!

Any help would be appreciated.

juliemarie
10-17-2013, 02:16 PM
You know-I never really understood the juice thing to "detox" off carbs. It's JUICE! :) My advice would be to do 2 or 3 days of protein shakes (very low sugar ones-like atkins) or use protein powder and make your own with leafy green veggies and one or two servings of lean protein. So-2 or 3 shakes a day plus 2 lean protein plus unlimited green veggies. That will kick the cravings and get you ready to start the program.

Mama Nicole
10-17-2013, 11:28 PM
No worries, JM.....I'm not going anywhere. I have been having some technical difficulties...my laptop sceeen won't work and I don't really like to log onto fhe website from work. Wtg on the exercise. You know what I did on September 19th? I ran a 5K. I hurt my knee and it sucked a little....but I did it. I took my first walk/run tonight. It was no power work out, but I am trying to recover from this knee injury. Wtg on staying on track even afted the doughnut. FF was good for one day....but I didn't do it today. It kind of sucks. I wasn't hungry. ...but I waz bored with it. Also, I am so much mor e about healthy balance now that I said eff FF.

Welcome Shy. Just keep posting. We just vent and chat and say whatever comes to mind. You can also use oranges in place of the juice.

Mama Nicole
10-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Hi Marz! Glad to see you and glad you are in!

P.S. This is sort of hard on my phone.

P.S. again. Kim..p.m. me your email address.

Shy16
10-18-2013, 09:18 AM
HI girls,

Thanks for the feedback. I had also heard that oranges were used instead of the juice back in the 'old' days. lol. I might just try that method as I'm used to the juice for FF and I know what to eat with it to achieve that maximum benefits!

I wonder if you know how many oranges to have? Is is 4 oranges a day... to replace the four glasses of TO juice? It sounds right to me. I think that's what I will do unless any of you know differently!

I have decided that Monday is going to be my first day of TO. I'm invited out for dinner on Sunday.... I'm actually going to have turkey... yay... I missed it last weekend as I went to the states for our Thanksgiving :(
So... Monday is D-day!
I'll have to honestly look at the weight I've gained and deal with it. It is somewhere in the ten pound range.... however, I think that it might be more now :(
I'll fix my ticker when I officially start on Monday that way I'll be up to date!

You ladies are doing fantastic! Wow. Losing all that weight AND exercising that much! You are truly an inspiration.

I lack in the exercising department.... I tend to lose my weight purely on what I eat. Also, I want to lose the weight and get back to where I want to be before I introduce exercise!

Mama Nicole
10-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Shy....here's the secret about exercise. It fixes your fat girl brain. It truly fights depression which is often associated with being over weight. Just do it. Take a walk today.....15 mins. You can do it. Yes, it is 4 oranges.

I am down 3 lbs since Monday. Wooohoooo. And that is without FF.

juliemarie
10-18-2013, 03:22 PM
WTG Nicole!

Yesterday was a typical crazy Thursday for me-I have choir rehearsal in the evening and rush around trying to leave on time. Makes exercise difficult. And I can't do it in the mornings. It just won't happen!

I already did a quick short 15 min walk today-should be able to get a longer one in too. It's a sleepover night so not sure what the girls will put me through tonight . .

Shy-i agree that getting in a little exercise now would be helpful. Really does help mood and the motivation to stay on track food-wise . . .

Shy16
10-19-2013, 01:08 PM
It's cold. It's raining. It's gloomy...
I went to a garden center this morning with my DH and, while we were there, it started to rain on us. This centre is in a nearby town and we really didn't want to go back another day so we just tolerated it.

I'm so cold to the core! I'm having a cup of tea to warm up and thought I would say 'hi' to you guys.

I have to go shopping today. There is absolutely NO groceries in the house! I didn't get around to shopping after our long trip to the states. Yikes. I need to get all the things required for a successful TO on Monday and Tuesday! I'm so determined and focused to get back on track. I worked so hard to lose it and I don't want to want to wake up one day, again, and be right back to where I was. I need to nip this in the bud!

I'll take your advice about the exercise... but maybe after i start seeing some results on the scale!
Actually, I'll be gardening like crazy to try to get the plants in the ground. Unfortunately, it's going to rain all day and most of next week! I'll have to try and find an opening and just get those plants in. There is going to be a lot of digging and lifting etc. and that will be my exercise to get my body going in the right direction.lol

I'm off tomorrow as I'll be heading out of town....
Chat with you all on Monday..... D-day!

bizlawchik
10-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Wow, what timing! I just thought I'd see if anyone was still around and it seems we're all on the same wavelength. I'm in too!

marzbe
10-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Shy find the music that will keep you going and distracted. I have a few albums that are workout only. It works. And if all else fails go Richard Simmons.

Had a shower today and a work related dinner tomorrow night. Rest of the week is going to be starchless before a Friday night wedding. So ready for the Xmas season and my 60 hour work weeks. I'm much better at staying on plan when I bring a cooler to work.

A general FYI the Hollywood Juice Diet is pretty much identical to the old Takeoff juice. It's expensive but still cheaper than a bottle of takeoff. :dizzy:

juliemarie
10-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Since tap dancing is now my favorite form of exercise-I decided to figure out how to do it more than just once a week at dance class. So today-I cleaned out the garage and made myself a little studio. I have some mirrored closet doors stored on one wall-so I'm able to watch myself. The drawbacks are that I share the garage with three litter boxes (so I guess I'll stay on top of cleaning them!) and the floor is concrete which after 30 minutes of working on a "stomp" time step-my knees are killing me! Oh well . . .:)

Mama Nicole
10-21-2013, 09:04 AM
CASSI!!! So great you popped in.

I guess October is my re eval month, cuz I often come back to LAWL in October. I think I kind of feel like summer is over and now I have plenty of time to get my act together before next summer :). Idk, but I am really excited there is some activity on this forum. I am feeling very positive, even though I kind of took the day off yesterday......and not in that good take off way.

JM...what a brilliant idea....your own space to do something you love that is also healthy. I love it.

Shy....gardening is great, and it is a good way to get yourself moving while being productive. Staying active is the key to happiness, I swear. PIck yourself a date.......and on that day, work out to the point of a good sweat. I swear it clears out all of the bad thoughts in my brain if I work up a good sweat. I started back exercising last October. I lost both of my parents in 2012, my dad in April and my mom in June. I thought I would never stop sinking into the pit of despair. I tried drugs (the legal kind prescribed to me), I tried being around people I love...I tried everything I could think of. I was just a shell of a human. OUt of pure desperation, I tried exercising at our Local YMCA....and it surely didn't cure all of my ills.....it didn't make me skinny....but it did fix my brain. I am still sad every day at times...but I am becoming more whole by the day. Sweat girl....sweat.

I gained 0.4 lbs this weekend.......but I deserve that. I am not feeling down about it or worried....cuz I am going to do some serious damage this week. I started this last week at 213 and I am 210.4 today, and I am feeling very proud.

So what are everyone's battle plans this week?
Nicole

Shy16
10-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Okay... D-Day is here and reality has set in.
It's time to get motivated and set fire to my metabolism again! I'm pumped and excited to get this unwanted weight off of me. I let it slide too much.
Actually, I didn't really get a chance to even try the Stabilization phase because my summer started with two family trips to the states right away. Then it was followed by a summer of constant guests and also going away. I kept my weight in check for most of the summer but, towards the end, I just went 'carefree'. There was too much going on to even try to be on track...

I should also add that I reached my goal just as my centre closed down back in the day and never learned how to stabilize, let alone maintain! So.... I've done it twice now and this time I'm going to learn how to stabilize and maintain. Let's hope nothing else gets in my way of learning how to do it!

So, anyways.... today is day one of my TO and I've had two cups of black coffee and one orange so far! I'll be having my breakfast soon. I'll probably have two eggs and some green peppers.
So far so good.

I'm so glad to see that there is such a supportive group that is forming here. After all, we all know what it's like to follow LAWL and we can all offer advice based upon our own experiences. Love it!!!

I hope everyone is doing great and that you are staying focused on your goals.

Repo girl
10-21-2013, 10:37 AM
OMG, Cassie, Nicole, JM, Kim, Kristen, new friends! We can so totally do this together! My plan arrived in the mail over the weekend. I am going to buy groceries today and get going. Yet again, activities this weekend kick my butt and really showed how out of shape and overweight I am.

It is an honor to share this journey with you all, I can't wait to see what we do together!

PS- Nicole, no worries sis, this a new week, and you are she-woman!

emmysmom
10-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Wow! I guess we are all on the same wavelength :) I thought I would check in and see if this board was still active and I see a lot of familiar faces/names. I'll take that as a sign that I need to get back on track.

Repo girl
10-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Tina!! <3

bizlawchik
10-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Ok, ladies. We did it together before and we can do it one last time.

Shy16
10-22-2013, 09:32 AM
HI Ladies!
How is everything going today? It's so nice to see so much activity around here. I was posting on another thread and it eventually went dead.... I was the only one posting and eventually gave up.
I hope this thread doesn't die....

Okay.... Day 1 of TO is done and guess what??? I lost 2.5 lbs! Yay! I'm so excited and super pumped. This is the fire I needed to get me motivated.
I still have to go out and plant the perennials! At this point, I'm just going to put them in the ground and not worry about placement... it will have to wait until spring... it is so cold outside and I really don't want to spend too much time out there splitting hostas just to have a head start on spring. Besides... I heard today that we might actually experience lake effect snow by Friday!!! Oh no... I'm not quite ready for winter! I just put away the kids shorts!

Needless to say, I'll be working up a good sweat.

@Nicole: I'm so sorry to hear about you losing both of your parents in such a short time of each other. It must have been beyond heartbreaking... I'm so glad that you have found a 'place' to process all of it and that you are getting stronger every day! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep strong.
I will certainly take your advice about the exercise. Thank you.

Well... here's to Day 2 of TO. I hope I see the same results tomorrow!

Repo girl
10-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Shy- Great job! That's an awesome loss!

Cassi- Yes we can!

Okay, today is my first day on plan. I am not doing TO, just getting on track. I have a question, I have the red plan, which I think is fine, but I am not going to do bars. What do you add if you are not doing bars?

As far as supplements, I am taking doTerra's vitamin line, as well as using doTerra Slim and Sassy oil in my water. Once upon a time JM said that LAWL is really just "Peeing away the pounds". She's right!

marzbe
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Shy- Great job! That's an awesome loss!

Cassi- Yes we can!

Okay, today is my first day on plan. I am not doing TO, just getting on track. I have a question, I have the red plan, which I think is fine, but I am not going to do bars. What do you add if you are not doing bars?

As far as supplements, I am taking doTerra's vitamin line, as well as using doTerra Slim and Sassy oil in my water. Once upon a time JM said that LAWL is really just "Peeing away the pounds". She's right!

Katie my red maintenance with 1 bar was 2.5 protein, 4 starches, 4 fruits, 6 veggies, 2 dairys and 2 fats. Plans other than red added a half protein during stabalization so I would guestimate 3 proteins 4 starches should make up for the lites.

Survived work dinner with no issues. Though I'm the foot pilot on the Pillsbury Dough Boy balloon Thanksgiving morning. I would like to have a little more definition than he does.

Minor NSV pulled on go to boots for 1st time this season, calf buckle had to be tightened!

Shy16
10-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Thank you @Repo girl. And I can totally relate to 'peeing away the pounds'!!!
I was up at least two times last night...lol

Hmmm..... maybe if I drink all my H20 earlier, I won't have to wake up! There's a thought. Now only if it were true!

BTW... I was told, in general, that you replace the bars with 2S and 1D. I don't know. There are so many ways you can replace them!
I'm going to do it with bars... at least I know it works for me! I have to look into it further because, when I reach my goal, I don't want to be taking bars!
I HAVE NEVER TRIED TO LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT THE BARS... EVER

Repo girl
10-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Hmmm, what to do, what to do...I used to do the bars, but I have developed so many food intolerances, it isn't even funny. I cannot handle gluten, soy, whey or nuts of any kind. Dairy is iffy too, I can do cheese and butter okay, but milk, ice cream and yogurt are a huge no. You would think with all of these restrictions that I would be skinny by now, but no. No such luck, LOL.

MomOfThreeTeens
10-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Wow lots of old friends!!! Somebody told me once that it was unrealistic to think that just because you lost weight once, we'd never have to do it again! Reality is its a constant struggle and it sucks! But we can do this...baby steps because we're all worth it!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-22-2013, 09:21 PM
P.s. Nicole I sent you my email address.

Shy16
10-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Yippee! Day 2 of TO is over and I'm very excited and proud to announce that I dropped another 1.5 lbs overnight!

That's a drop of 4 lbs from doing the TO!!!
I'm even more pumped and determined to get back to my goal weight... this is the fire I needed to motivate me and keep me going.

I will reach my goal weight again and this time, I will learn to stabilize and then maintain!

It felt so good to have some bread and peanut butter this morning... aah!

Repo girl
10-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Yay Shy! Great job!!

Yesterday was my first day back OP. I did pretty good. I had a big NSV yesterday afternoon. My business flooded due to a blocked up mainline, and so we had to go home early to let the restoration crew do their thing. I ended up a coffeehouse with my sisters. I drank regular coffee, not a sweet as **** latte, with a little half and half and cinnamon. They both had a treat with their coffee, and I didn't. I didn't even have a bite of theirs!

barri1970
10-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Thank god people are posting here again! It is so lonely going it alone!

I am starting today as well!

Want some opintion though...
I am undecided as to the old colored plans or the new numbered plans...

Any thoughts as to which worked better for you...and why???

Thanks!

PS...I would be on the gold/blue plan depending on if I work out or not or if I was doing the new numbered plans it would be plan 2...

barri1970
10-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Okay... D-Day is here and reality has set in.
It's time to get motivated and set fire to my metabolism again! I'm pumped and excited to get this unwanted weight off of me. I let it slide too much.
Actually, I didn't really get a chance to even try the Stabilization phase because my summer started with two family trips to the states right away. Then it was followed by a summer of constant guests and also going away. I kept my weight in check for most of the summer but, towards the end, I just went 'carefree'. There was too much going on to even try to be on track...

I should also add that I reached my goal just as my centre closed down back in the day and never learned how to stabilize, let alone maintain! So.... I've done it twice now and this time I'm going to learn how to stabilize and maintain. Let's hope nothing else gets in my way of learning how to do it!

So, anyways.... today is day one of my TO and I've had two cups of black coffee and one orange so far! I'll be having my breakfast soon. I'll probably have two eggs and some green peppers.
So far so good.

I'm so glad to see that there is such a supportive group that is forming here. After all, we all know what it's like to follow LAWL and we can all offer advice based upon our own experiences. Love it!!!

I hope everyone is doing great and that you are staying focused on your goals.

BTW...If you are doing the old colored plans I have the 6 week stabilazation and maintenance program...ie...what to add in each week etc...Let me know and if I can figure out how I can post it or email it to you when you are ready.

bizlawchik
10-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Yay Katie! Just wanted to say good morning to everyone. I haven't gotten myself together to officially be on program yet. That needs to wait for grocery shopping Saturday. Until then I'm just being mindful of what goes in.

Shy16
10-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Lol...... I was typing a response and was about to click 'post' and then the power went out in my area! Great... I lost what I posted and I lost a cookie recipe I was going to make this evening with my son. He is going to take it to school tomorrow for his birthday! Agh.... Now I have to spend time looking for it and i'm not sure what they are called.
AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Anyways... good morning ladies!

How are you all doing?
Yesterday was my first day back on the program (after my TO) and I'm very excited and pleased to announce that I dropped 0.5 lbs overnight!
I'm super pumped.

@Katie: Good for you for abstaining from the treats that others were having around you! THAT shows pure determination and THAT attitude will get you the results that you want.
Keep it up.

@Barrie: YES... thank you for your offer. I am doing the old coloured plans. I never got to 'stabilize' as my centre closed down just when I reached my goal! I lost weight again recently and reached my goal but, unfortunately, summer began with a bang and there were so many gatherings and parties all summer long. It was like a summer I never experienced in a long time. It was fun but.....
I didn't get to teach myself how to stabilize or maintain and, here I am again, trying to lose the weight I gained towards the end of summer.
Thanks again and I'll let you know when I get there.

So... here's to Day 2 OP!

bizlawchik
10-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Congrats Shy! Keep up the good work. You'll be to goal before the holidays!

Shy16
10-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks Bizlawchik!
I'm super excited and super pumped....
I'm going to ride this wave as long as I can!

Guess what? Yup. Another 0.5 lb loss overnight! Yay Yay Yay

BTW, where is everyone? The thread is seeming to lose it's momentum?
I hope everyone is doing well and is reaching their goals.
Maybe you all used to post your weight loss once a week? I don't know... I weigh everyday (as I was taught to at LAWL) and thought I would post my weigh everyday.
If this bothers anyone, please let me know!

bizlawchik
10-25-2013, 11:40 AM
:carrot::carrot:Congrats again Shy!

We used to be quite active, posting throughout the day. We just need to keep active and we will get more to join in. Don't let the lack of action around here slow you down!

barri1970
10-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks Bizlawchik!
I'm super excited and super pumped....
I'm going to ride this wave as long as I can!

Guess what? Yup. Another 0.5 lb loss overnight! Yay Yay Yay

BTW, where is everyone? The thread is seeming to lose it's momentum?
I hope everyone is doing well and is reaching their goals.
Maybe you all used to post your weight loss once a week? I don't know... I weigh everyday (as I was taught to at LAWL) and thought I would post my weigh everyday.
If this bothers anyone, please let me know!

My center had us weigh 3 times a week not everyday.

Shy16
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Hmmmm.....
@Barri: That is strange... I thought all the LA Centres worked the same. I was told to weight everyday so that you know what you were eating the day before was working for you or not.

Speaking of.....
I stayed the same today and I'm VERY thankful for it! I ate a huge heaping plateful of gnocci with a rose sauce for supper. It was so good and I kept sneaking spoonfuls. I also had a large slice of garlic bread. Hey... at least I had some salad to offset it! lol

I counted it as a CC and just prayed I wouldn't see a gain today!
But I know my efforts are going to be tested today and tomorrow. Today is my son's birthday and I have to have a slice of his birthday cake, don't I? And tomorrow I'm attending a family gathering with lots of yummy food.... the kind you don't get everyday :(

It's going to be hard and I won't be surprised if I gain a little. I hate that. Then I'll spend most of next week trying to get back to where I was and then continue the journey again!

Oh well...

This gathering was last minute because my MIL's cousin is visiting from out of country for one week and wants to see everyone.

Lol... this always happens whenever I decide to do a TO.

Shy16
10-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Okay....
I went up 0.5 lbs! It couldn't be helped..... it was my DS's birthday yesterday and he insisted that I have a piece of cake! Seriously.... as much as i didn't want to, or I thought I would only take a bite, he kept insisting! What was i to do?
I was trying to 'save' up for today... I have to go out of town for a family gathering and i know I'll be up a little bit of weight tomorrow. NOW I'll be up even more...lol

Why does everything always happen at the same time?
I blame Murphy.

I guess I'll be spending most of next week trying to lose what I already lost and then starting from that point.... again. This is how I did it last year.... and that is why it took me so long to lose it.

Oh well..... isn't this all about enjoying life as it happens and not depriving yourself? So it takes a little longer to get to the finish line... so what? What's my hurry?

Shy16
10-28-2013, 10:53 AM
The family gathering was great. I had lots of fun.
I managed to only gain 0.5 lbs... pretty good considering....

So... basically I'm at 148.5 lbs.
I also think that I'm having some serious water retention as TOM is around the corner. My legs are really hurting....

How is everyone else doing?

juliemarie
10-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Good morning! I've had a tough week. Had some momentum going and then I got sick. Just a head cold-but it derailed my exercise and foodwise-I drank my weight in OJ and chicken noodle soup! :)

I'm also struggling with a common "cross-addition" post WLS-alcohol. I've decided to stop drinking until Thanksgiving and see if I can get it out of my system.

And-financially I'm struggling. I tapped after paying bills and am going to have get by with what's in the house. We have plenty of food-but low or out of some stuff that I always have for Jo-fresh fruit (I have frozen/applesauce), popcorn, bread, etc. And I will run low on lean protein. We are out of batteries for the Wii remote which is apparently the WORST THING TO HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF MAN!!! Poor kid couldn't watch Netflix and had to suffer with DVDs. #firstworldproblems

Anyway-it's good to see you all and working it!

Shy-it's tough, but there are ALWAYS those situations. During the weight loss phase-it's imperative to stay on plan-or you'll just maintain forever. So-if you stay on plan during the week, but cheat on weekends? That's basically maintenance. But it'll take forever to lose. Holiday season is coming up-if you stay on plan really strict-you could probably be at goal by Christmas. Then a few treats at Christmas would have you maintaining . . .

It's easy to say, and tough to do. I understand . .

Mama Nicole
10-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Ok.....I'm just gonna say it. My fat girl is really kicking my ***. I am down. In. The. Dumps. I had fpotball and birthday parties all weekend and I ate like crazy....but that is not the worst part. It's my brain making me want to hate myself. It is that time of year anyway.....and I am also feeling soo stressed for time and cash. I know what I have to do.......I just had to say it outloud so I can move forward. Tomorrow I WILL take the time required to take care of me. I will. I will

bizlawchik
10-29-2013, 08:22 AM
I totally understand Nicole! The weekend I was not POP by any stretch of the imagination. But Sunday I got off my fat butt and went shopping. Yesterday I had a training class in the morning that messed with my breakfast plans. And then DS had a three hour dentist appointment with three extractions. So dinner was messed up too. But I ended up having a sandwich with baby carrots for dinner. Wasn't POP but not too bad either considering I could have grabbed chips and other stuff.

Today is a new day. I am enjoying my pineapplechunks (buy one get one at publix this week) and a small turkey sandwich. Odd breakfast but it works.

Jm- hang in there and just do the best you can

Shy- baby steps!

barri1970
10-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Morning everyone...

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Here in NJ today is the one year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy. Can't believe its been one year and I am 20lbs heavier then I was this time last year! WHY OH WHY Did I do this to myself AGAIN???!!!

Hopefully this will be the final time I "diet" and make this a perm lifestyle!

We need to make a challenge...who can lose the most by Christmas or NY's eve or something like that...we can post daily and /or weekly weigh-ins etc...we need to all keep each other motivated...esp this time of year!

Repo girl
10-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Good morning all! I had two great days last week followed by 5 terrible ones. Too much food, WAY too much wine, etc. Last Tuesday when I got to work, I discovered that a portion of my business was flooded. With sewer water. Thank god we have good landlords who have good insurance, but we are looking at a few weeks of renovation. Some of the walls had to come out, as well as a ton of flooring. The bright side is that we are getting a new bathroom and a bunch of badly needed flooring out of the deal. Trying to work around the restoration is proving to be a bit of a challenge, however. We stayed closed for 3 days last week, and you would think that being home might be a good way for me to stay on track, right? Nope! Turns out, hanging out with my husband is bad for my diet.

Also, can we talk about grief eating? I have lost both of my parents in the last 2 years to cancer. They lived across the street from me, and I took care of both of them until their deaths. My mom has been gone 2 years now, but I buried my dad just 7 months ago. The holidays approaching are really kicking my ***. Just when I think I am doing well, something sets me off and I fall apart again, and eat. And eat, eat, eat. I know that you guys are no stranger to grief either. Do you have any ideas for me?

Barri- So nice to meet you! I would def be in on a challenge. Maybe it would help me to get motivated!

Nicole- Hang in there girl, every day is a new day, and you can have as many do overs as you need.

To the rest of you, keep going! You are so inspirational to the rest of us, you rock!

bizlawchik
10-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Good morning Barri. It's been a year already?! You can definitely get those 20 off by Christmas.

We can start a Turkey Day Challenge if you want. Post the amount lost three times per week to keep us all on track?

Katie - that really sucks about the flood. So sorry! Couple eating really kicks my *** too. As for grief eating, well I wish I had some advice. I am so sorry for your loss. You know you always have a support group here. Maybe keep some cut up fruits and veggies for when it strikes? In any situation where I am stressed or upset I find that taking a moment to think it through and planning my next action - whether it's a better choice or simply being aware that I am choosing to go off plan- really helps curb the damage. Stay strong, sister! You were one of my greatest inspirations when I first came to this board. I know you can do this.

Nicole... Kristen... Where oh where are you?

Shy16
10-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Just popped in to say "hi' and that I hope everyone is doing well with their 'diet'.
So far so good today! I'm not so sure that I should post my weight as there is talk of possibly posting three times a week??
Let me know when you all want to start that and on what days! I had previously mentioned that I usually weigh everyday and was posting it but didn't want to step on any toes along the way.. So let me know when we are going to post our weight. In the mean time, I'll keep a diary at home. :)

I hope you are all doing well and are getting closer and closer to your goals.
I had an upside down day yesterday.... DS was home sick and I couldn't get much done that I had planned to. Instead I put off most things to do today and I haven't even gotten half of the list done! Yikes... I had to add all that to the things i needed to do today!!!

LOl... why is there never enough time in a day?
I also haven't figured out what supper is going to be..I hate days like this. Agh.

juliemarie
10-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Shy-you can post your weight whenever you want. We've never had (that I can recall) specific weigh-in days. In general, though-you should weigh yourself at the same time each week (ie Monday mornings after going to the bathroom). Or weigh more often 2-3X/week-again always at the same time of day.

I think the 3X/week you're referring to is for the Turkey Day challenge-and even then, people can weigh whichever days they want to, it was just suggested that it be 3X weekly until Thanksgiving (US)

Shy16
10-30-2013, 09:56 AM
HI Juliemarie!
Yes... I did see the challenge and, of course, I'm rooting for ALL of you guys to win!
I was referring to @Barri's comment about her centre telling her to weigh herself only three times a week and not everyday as my centre told me. That's why I was posting everyday... I thought ALL the centres operated that way. LOL, I guess not!

I will post everyday. Thanks. By posting, at least I will visit the site and see what's happening around here! :)

Meanwhile, TOM has descended upon me :( I feel tired, achy and my legs are so swollen (a new symptom I've been experiencing) and I just want to sit down. But, I have so much to do outdoors! The weather is supposed to warm up slightly today and there will be no rain until nighttime. I have to clean up my shed and make some room for the kids bikes! I want to do that while it's warm. I also have to clear up the garage and put a few patio things away! Yikes... no time to think about the pain my legs will be in!

Oddly enough, with all the water weight I'm gaining, my weight actually came back down today. It's right where my ticker says it is! Very strange but I'll take it!!

Good luck to all you ladies. I just know that you will overcome your issues. Binging, grief eating, couple eating and even just eating the wrong things will slowly subside and you will achieve your desired goals!

bizlawchik
10-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Good morning Shy. Glad to see the weight is back down. I knew it would be :) Enjoy the outdoors today. It's already 80 here this morning! It's better than the 90s we get in the summer, but I'm ready for the "cold fronts" to start.

Mama Nicole
10-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi Girls,
I am here and I have been mostly OP, but far from perfect. It is a step in the right direction, and my sclae is in a downward direction, which is way better than gaining. I will check out the challenge in a minute. I really could stand to lose 20 by Christmas. I have an event I have to go to with DH and his company, and darnit, I want to look good.

Well, today is Halloween.........and I have thought out how it will go. I am going to stay OP, and enjoy some candy. I am not going to go hog wild, but I am going to be realistic. Life is too short not to enjoy each day.....IN MODERATION.

Katie, Katie, Katie......the heart break you are in is real. It is hard. Take care of yourself in their honor. Take are of yourself because you want to be healthy as long as you can for your babies so they can be much older (hopefully) when they have to suffer this loss. Take care of yourself because that is what your parents would want for you. Take care of yourself because you are worth it. I feel a bit of Stuart Smalley coming on, but I will keep this as serious as it should be. Take just today....and treat your body as it deserves to be treated. Just today. You can do this.

There are many others I want to reply to right now....but time is so short. I have to go to the local college and take a skills assessment test this a.m. before work. Much to tell there...but I am going back to school to become a real nerd (accountant).

More later....but be good to yourselves today, ladies.
XOXO

Shy16
10-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Hello ladies!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

How's it going today???

@Bizlawchik: LOL. I actually had to convert the 80F you are experiencing and convert it to Celsius! I can't do the conversion in my head... although I used to be able to!
Wow. That's a warm summer day. I'd be sitting in my house with the air conditioner on! Hopefully the humidity wouldn't be so bad that I could manage to get out and do a little bit of gardening. I'd probably have to wait until the evening when things cool down though.

We are in a bit of a cold spell right now with lots of rain. The rain just isn't stopping! Thankfully, it seems to come in the late evening or overnight. However, today is just rain rain rain. In fact it's surprisingly warm for Halloween... but apparently we are in for an extremely windy and wet Halloween!
We had a warmish day yesterday and that is why I wanted to take advantage of the dry weather! I got all my patio furniture put away, all the pots put away, and the bbq put away! I still have a little bit of cleaning to do in the garage but that can be done anytime as I'll obviously be indoors! There is a sense of zen over me. I feel accomplished and great knowing that my yard has been put to sleep and is ready for winter!

Would you like to know the 'warm' temperature we had yesterday? We had a 14C day! That would be 52F in your neck of the woods! LOL
It was a beautiful fall day for sure!
Today it's going to be 16C... warm for Halloween!
Next week we're pretty well into the 5C range. Typical.

I see that you have a 8lb goal for Thanksgiving. That's great! You can and will do it. It just takes determination and willpower. Obviously you have both!

@Katie: I sincerely wish and will pray that your heartache mends quickly. Of course the pain will still be around but may is start to be replaced with happy memories! I hope this happens quickly for you.
I have to echo @Mama Nicole's comment. You have to be healthy for your children. It's the circle of life and now your focus should be on yourself and your children.

@Mama Nicole: Wow. I'm in awe of you! I think it's fantastic that you are going back to school. I wish you all the best and all the success that comes from 'bettering' ourselves!!
Good for you.

Also, congratulations on staying OP!

Update: I got my stuff done outdoors and, unfortunately, my house looks like a tornado went through it! lol. I guess I'll be trying to clean it up the best I can before the little monsters start knocking at my door.

It's TOM and my weight is going crazy. I'll have to ride it out and see how the dust settles. Hopefully I won't do too much damage. I'm uncharacteristically craving stuff... salty stuff... and so i gave into it last night and almost polished off a bag of potato chips! Oops...
I guess that my body just needed that.

Mama Nicole
11-01-2013, 07:37 AM
I rocked my computer skills assessment test :). It was a 65 minute test...finished in 30 mins and scored 92%! Woohooo.

Shy16
11-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Halloween was a very wet and windy one! I can't believe a lot of kids still went out, including mine, on such a crazy night.
Lol... I guess if I were a kid, I'd still go out for all that free candy. The weather wouldn't stand in my way!

@Nicole: Fantastic! I'm glad you rocked the assessment! I think it's a great way to start you new career/education! Keep it up.

How's everyone doing?
How was your halloween? Did you manage to stay away from the candy and chips?

Shy16
11-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Good morning women!
How are we all doing?

I guess every one is too busy to post a quick update? I hope you have all managed to lose some weight since you last posted....

As for me, I actually forgot to weigh myself this morning. I'm so exhausted. I had company from out of town and, as soon as they left, I ran to the stores to buy items or my DS's birthday party today! I just want to get everything ready and then I can relax. I still have time but I just hate last minute stress and I'm trying to avoid it!
Besides, it's still TOM around here and my weight is not quite accurate!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Shy16
11-04-2013, 09:18 AM
hey...
Where is every body???
Don't tell me that this thread is dying already? I was so excited to find it and to get 'help' and to help and encourage others along our paths to a healthier lifestyle!

Update; Yes.... the dreaded TOM is just leaving. It's done a number on my system this month. I've experienced symptoms I've never had before and it caused me to eat much more than I would ordinarily eat. I actually felt dizzy on several occasions and thought that I needed food and quickly ate anything around to keep from falling over!
Has anyone else experienced dizzy spells?
I should note that I am on iron pills on advice of my doctor! Perhaps my body just needs time to adjust.

Should we start a November thread?

juliemarie
11-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Hey Shy-It might take me awhile to remember to come over to this site on a regular basis-I'm so used to most of my social interaction being on FB!

Hopefully you'll feel normal now that TOM is over. If you have a heavy cycle-I can imagine you might feel a little dizzy if that's not the norm for you. I would write down your TOM symptoms and keep it in case it keeps reoccurring so you can let your doc know. I wouldn't think iron pills would make it worse, but I suppose it could.

I struggled some this weekend. I can do so good with willpower on the actual holidays (i had 2 pieces of candy on Halloween-thought that was pretty good . .)---it's the day or two AFTER that get me. Once I let my guard down. Stupid candy. Stupid people who keep bringing their candy into work, church, and I SWEAR SOMEONE PUT CANDY IN MY PURSE.

Oh well-new week. new start. And yes .. .I'll start a Nov thread . .