Old 10-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Default Slow carb diet

Is anyone here following the slow carb diet? I have ordered the book, hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of days, and am researching as much as possible on the internet. I have tried and failed at following something similar to the ideal protein diet, on and off for 2 years. IP works well but I find myself bingeing every few days so it is not for me. I'm hoping that by adding some complex carbs to my diet I will stop the bingeing and stick to a healthier eating regime. I also like the cheat day element, this could help me psychologically knowing I can have whatever I want once a week and not consider it "cheating" which can usually send me into a spiral of unhealthy mindless gorging. I am looking for some buddies on this journey. Any information regarding where I should post my daily progress is good. Thank you.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

I've done low carb diets and they work very well for weight loss. My research on this one tells me it's about the same, save for the beans.

The last time I did low carb, I allowed myself a cheat day on the weekends and found that I actually lost weight a day or two after. Not sure how that worked, but it did! I seemed to have been doing this diet without knowing it.

Hey, try it out and let us know! I'm trying to go back to a low carb WOE, but it's hard when everyone in my household wants taters and cereal all the time, and have an unhealthy obsession with Mexican food LOL.
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #3  

Hello Fickle hearts. I'm startin the slow carb diet today. I will let you know how things go.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #4  

Cheat days for dieters is like telling an alcoholic he can drink on the weekend if he doesn't drink all week.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

Quiter, awesome weight loss success.

But I think your above post is not true from my personal experience. I don't have problems drinking, so can't compare directly. But a cheat food day does not make me just loose it and go back to bad habits.

I have observed the following which is quite interesting. When I was in the middle of bad day after bad day, then I could not handle carbs. Carbs just led to more carbs and more carbs and feeling hungry.

I am a firm believer I had virtually shut down my ability to burn carbs for fuel, they were just getting stored. So maybe for the first couple of months you should not have a cheat day.

But now, I just had a very bad Mexican lunch on Saturday. I mean REALLY bad. Before I would have been hungry in around a few hours. But on Saturday I was stuffed all the way through dinner and even the next morning. Obviously my body dealt with the carbs differently.

I've had a few fries experiences over the past 6 months. It is no problem really. The next day I am back to limiting carbs. From what I hear about drinking this is not similar at all. Now for some people what you are saying might be true. But I do not think it is for others. Not true for me for instance.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 10-29-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #6  

So, I've been following a slow carb diet plan since last Monday, All good. I'm enjoying this way of eating. No counting or measuring. It feels healthy. My cravings are not the vicious beast they were a few weeks ago. My cheat day was Saturday. it was good but some foods I thought would be great are really over-rated (by myself). I'm going to be a bit more mindful of my cheat day foods. It was hard to pull it back in on Sunday but I managed it without too much damage. Ive lost 8 lbs since I've started. My official weigh in is tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Cheat days for dieters is like telling an alcoholic he can drink on the weekend if he doesn't drink all week.
If you are an "all-or-nothing" dieter, then this is true. However, the Slow Carb Diet is not an all-or-nothing diet and cheat days are an integral part of the plan. Although this diet may not be right for some people, for others it works quite successfully.

For anyone who is doing, or is interested in doing, the Slow Carb Diet or a modified version of it, feel free to join TwoTots and me in posting about it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...carb-diet.html.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 11-21-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote