Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Fall into Fitness Chat Thread Week 2 (10/14/13 - 10/20/13)

Bigmid
10-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Hi everyone well I had a good day today but a long one. I have the totals done and will post them tomorrow.

We had some awesome losses this week. GREAT JOB blue team.

I did a 5.5 mile walk today by the river and it was cool but not windy so a very beautiful fall day with lots of lovely colors.

I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Bigmid
10-14-2013, 02:11 AM
:flame:CONGRATULATIONS to our Week one Biggest loser:

:bravo:Secret Swan -8lbs. 4.65%:bravo::flame::flame:

Honorable Mentions:

Bigmid -4.4lbs 2.59% :carrot::carrot:

Only believe -5.2lbs 2.14% :cb::cb:

Robot -4lbs 2.08% :flow1::flow1:

Only Believe
10-14-2013, 08:38 AM
:woohoo: Go Blue!!:carrot:
I couldn't add my exercise for yesterday on last weeks thread so I will put it here. I did a lot of walking with hubby.
Let's all work hard for the team this week. :)

Robot
10-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Our team is amazing. Congrats to this week's biggest loser and the honorable mentions.

hiddenstar
10-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Congrats Secret Swan and all the rest of the team for doing a great job.

This week is going to be a little more challenging for me. Kids got a 4 day weekend which is throwing off my plan. So much easier during the week when they are at school. But I walked the dogs a few times not very far but some exercise is better than none.

Nancy - I saw that you did a shake last week with oatmeal in it. How did it work/taste? I usually do the other ingredients like you but never thought of trying oatmeal.

Secret Swan
10-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Hooray! But that was probably my last big loss. Which I can live with. This week I am eating leftover porketta every day, which is not typically a good weight-loss meal. But hey, comfort food! And all foods work on my plan: I can eat anything, but not EVERYTHING. Right?

LittleBlueCat
10-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Nancy - I saw that you did a shake last week with oatmeal in it. How did it work/taste? I usually do the other ingredients like you but never thought of trying oatmeal.

The shake turned out a much thicker consistency. I should have used less banana, or more liquid. This morning I only used 2 tbs, vs 4 tbs. Which was much better.

4 tbs = 1/4 cup, according to livestrong web site, that's additional 3 grams of protein. And it kept me full much longer then without. So, I'm thinking of doing this more frequently. Though sometimes at the end of the day it doesn't look like I ate enough...

Also, my wellness check said that I'm 'boardeline' high cholesterol... and was advised on adding oatmeal to my diet. Here's the website that I found, if the link won't come out, I'm pasting partial of what was in the article:

Adding just cup of oatmeal to a protein shake provides an additional 14 grams of carbohydrates. The carbohydrates in oatmeal contain 2 grams of fiber, which increases satiation, helps digestion, stabilizes blood sugar levels and helps lower cholesterol.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/540469-oatmeal-in-a-protein-shake/#ixzz2hirHeNrQ

seaurchin
10-14-2013, 04:13 PM
interesting about the oatmeal. May have to try adding some to my shakes. thanks for sharing.

SarainMN
10-14-2013, 04:39 PM
I did a trampoline workout today
it kicked my butt!!! she had us running laps, burpies, lunches, crunches!!! its a lot harder than it sounds just jumping on a trampoline hahah

SarainMN
10-14-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm nervous because I'm on predinsone for 2 weeks and I'm afraid of weight gain but its made me so nauseas that I don't have any appetite!! :)

hiddenstar
10-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Nancy - thanks for info on oatmeal. I will try it tomorrow.
F
Sarain - trampoline workout sounds interesting. We have an extra large trampoline for my sons gymnastics. I would bounce on it sometimes. I will have to research what you did.

Secret Swan
10-14-2013, 06:05 PM
SarainMN don't worry! Prednisone is a strong drug, but two weeks isn't that long. Not long enough for the moon face, I mean. I hope it helps whatever you need help with--I've taken it and it was amazing how quickly I could breathe again, but it made me feel pretty weird. Worth it, though.

SarainMN
10-14-2013, 07:13 PM
thanks! its for poison ivy (real bad) so she has me on 4 pills a day for 5 days then it goes down
the 4 at a time is killing me-making me so sick-its so gross tasting and then makes me nauseas for hours after
so today I decided to take 2 this afternoon and 2 at night (she told me I could) and I feel a lot better
but I do feel "weird"

Bigmid
10-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Congratulations Blue Team we won the week 1 challenge Great job everyone

Well I had a great weekend and way to much food now I work tomorrow and then go away to conference on Wed-Sat where they feed us all the time and we do not get to chose our meals.

i alway gain bad when I'm at these things every year so I think it will be a freebie for me next week and then I should be good to go again for the rest of the challenge.

What are your triggers and how do you handle them?

Doragone
10-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Congratulations to this weeks winners!!! and to our team for winning the week, woohoo! I'm thankful I at least didn't gain so I didn't drag us down. In fact, today looks like 2 lbs have finally given up their hold on me, so things are looking up.

I like the idea of adding oatmeal to my smoothies, thanks for the tip.

As with all good plans, they are made to be changed . . . my plan to exercise FOR SURE today was "changed" for me by severe back pain, so bad I'm walking half bent over - grrrr! But, I'm reading and prepping for when I'm better. Then again, a four day weekend is coming up so . . . :crossed:

Oh, and one more thing, I've just ordered my first SCOBY - for making kombucha, which I love and is so-o-o-o healthy. Heading in the right direction.

Again, congratulations to our winners and our team, YAY!!!

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 08:39 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

LittleBlueCat
10-15-2013, 09:36 AM
SarainMN - I saw on the exercise thread, that you zumba'd off 1100 calories! That's awesome!

I was wondering if you or anyone for the matter own a heart rate monitor thingy? I've been curious about them... Since I do Pulse Fitness (used to be zumba, until the instructor changed the name of the class) and she always says one can burn 700-1000 depend how much you put in. And I would love to get a heart rate monitor, but there are so many varieties out there!

Only Believe
10-15-2013, 09:38 AM
:cheer3: Blue Team!!!:exercise: we are kicking those pounds left and right:exercise::cheer3:

Paintedlady
10-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Congrats to this week's biggest loser and the whole team for the winning week!

I survived a trip to the corn maze/farm yesterday where they make fresh apple cider doughnuts, which you can smell everywhere you go there. Ugh, it was torture! I got regular sized ones for the family an also bought some minis (they were really tiny) and allowed myself just one. :carrot: I've eaten pretty well the rest of the week and plan to get in my gym time at least 3 days this week.

Secret Swan
10-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Oh, no, poison ivy! That's terrible. Hope it goes away fast. I am impressed; is use that as a reason not to work out. So, I assume you're in MN? That's where I am from. It looks like you're having a warm fall!

Today I am joining the pool for the winter. And once I've paid, I'll have to go. My goal is to do it at least twice a week.

Haley8203
10-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Good Job Blue Team!

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 04:09 PM
SarainMN - I saw on the exercise thread, that you zumba'd off 1100 calories! That's awesome!

I was wondering if you or anyone for the matter own a heart rate monitor thingy? I've been curious about them... Since I do Pulse Fitness (used to be zumba, until the instructor changed the name of the class) and she always says one can burn 700-1000 depend how much you put in. And I would love to get a heart rate monitor, but there are so many varieties out there!

I did zumba, a 60 min trampoline workout and did 5 workout machines at the gym for a total of 1100 for the day!!

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Oh, no, poison ivy! That's terrible. Hope it goes away fast. I am impressed; is use that as a reason not to work out. So, I assume you're in MN? That's where I am from. It looks like you're having a warm fall!

Today I am joining the pool for the winter. And once I've paid, I'll have to go. My goal is to do it at least twice a week.

Yes I'm in MN...it was nice up until today LOL its rainy and cold today

seaurchin
10-15-2013, 08:29 PM
walked 2 miles this morning and 2 miles this evening for a total of 4 miles!

Secret Swan
10-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Sorry if I jinxed your weather. I moved to Washington three years ago, and promptly gained a ton of weight. I could blame the bad habits I acquired or the lack of sidewalks or my boredom-induced snacking, but really it was probably the weather--I don't burn so many calories shivering anymore!

hiddenstar
10-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Had a good workout today - really started to work the muscles. Also, I decided to hire a personal trainer at the gym for a few sessions. It has been something that I keep thinking about but hate to spend the money. But I figured, I will just do it and hope that it will give me the extra boost to get to goal. Just got to wait for the trainer to call me and schedule a time.

I had a funny glitch on my calorie tracker today. After entering my lunch, it showed that I ate over 2 billion calories. While I was looking at it, it eventually corrected itself. It was a good laugh.

Doragone
10-17-2013, 12:11 AM
I spoke too soon, 2 lbs are back with 2 more! I don't get it!!!!

pearlfit
10-17-2013, 09:44 AM
SarainMN - ...I was wondering if you or anyone for the matter own a heart rate monitor thingy? I've been curious about them...

I've been curious about these also. My fitbit has been a great motivator but lately I've been checking out heart rate monitors and wondering if I need one :) I would be interested if anyone had opinions about them.

...I had a funny glitch on my calorie tracker today. After entering my lunch, it showed that I ate over 2 billion calories. While I was looking at it, it eventually corrected itself. It was a good laugh.

Thanks for the laugh this morning - this is very funny!

Haley8203
10-17-2013, 12:34 PM
I had a funny glitch on my calorie tracker today. After entering my lunch, it showed that I ate over 2 billion calories. While I was looking at it, it eventually corrected itself. It was a good laugh.

LMAO omg that's hilarious!

Secret Swan
10-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Okay, so I'm going on vacation! My dog and I are headed to the Oregon coast for the weekend, where apparently there is a beer festival. This may not bode well for my weigh-in. Anyone have tips for having a fun adventure while staying on track?

t0rn
10-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Grats to the winners! The week has been pretty boring, but on plan & got plenty of exercise in.hope everyone is doing well

hiddenstar
10-18-2013, 01:04 PM
I got another good workout today. Decided to reward myself by getting Subway for lunch. I found it funny that my past rewards were always desserts items. But that explains why I'm here. ;)

Hope all is going well and sticking to your plan.

Caro - My only advise is to try to walk a lot and drink as much water as you can. Oh, and don't forget to have fun. The Oregon coast is a beautiful place.

SarainMN
10-18-2013, 01:07 PM
I've had a rough couple of days-not eating bad or anything but just down in the dumps and not exercising like I want to
but today I picked my butt up, picked my chin up and went to Zumba and hada great workout!!!

OnMyOwn1981
10-19-2013, 11:16 AM
I lost 1 lb. this week and it's so hard to not put only in front of that statement. It gets really hard not to get discouraged but I need to remember all the other factors that need to be accounted for while losing weight. I've lost two clothing sizes since starting my healthier lifestyle in late March. Intellectually I know this and yet when I see pictures of myself I still see the overweight girl that was always picked on and never good enough. I'm beginning to wonder if those thoughts and feelings ever go away? One thing I do know is that I refuse to let those thoughts hinder my progress, small as it may be.

Huge congrats to everyone undertaking this challenge whether you lost, gained, or just maintained this week. It's a hard journey but here we are not alone!

SarainMN
10-19-2013, 03:58 PM
one step at a time!!!

Bigmid
10-20-2013, 02:35 AM
Hi everyone just a quick hello it's 12:30am and I'm home from conference. Pretty sure I'm up 7-10lbs. Too much food and no water. That should go off soon I hope.
Well don't forget to WI tomorrow and ill talk to you all later in the day:)

pearlfit
10-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi Team - I was seeing only minuscule changes all week and felt myself losing interest. I stayed pretty much on program and thank goodness for a big whoosh this morning (-1.8!) - the best encouragement to stay on track. (I actually just went back and weighed myself because I started to doubt my eyes and I was right!)

This week I will faithfully report to the exercise & nutrition threads. I want to meet my Halloween Challenge goal in 10 days and it's going to be close :)

Only Believe
10-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Hello all..
Best wishes to all on the weigh in's.
I weighed in yesterday and thought I'd put it (236.4) and I'm even lower this morning (235.8).. I don't know if we can change them after adding them...

LeslieB
10-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Howdy Blue Team !

We had a great vacation and are ready to get back to reality ! Unfortunately it wasn't good as far as the eating/exercise goes so will be taking a freebie this week. Hopefully the weight will steady out again next week.

Only Believe - You can change your weight up to cut off time on Sunday so go for it !

Hope everyone has a good weigh in !

Only Believe
10-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Ok thanks LeslieB I will go change it. Every little bit helps LOL

SarainMN
10-20-2013, 12:58 PM
I only lost .2 this week but I didn't gain :)

I had a good workout this morning and making good food choices...its going to be a good day!