Ideal Protein Diet - Skin elasticity question ?

View Full Version : Skin elasticity question ?

Frenchy71
10-14-2013, 01:00 AM
13 weeks ago, I started IP program and am so happy that I decided to do it ! I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me about skin elasticity ? I'm as tarting to see some "flabby skins" and worry that after reaching goal, I will have excess skin.
Thank you in advance for your input !

sarita75
10-14-2013, 01:41 AM
I started out at ... eh, I believe 215 and throughout the diet have noticed flabbiness. I have, however, had some firming up although my tummy is still flabby. I am going to be researching what can be done (exercise-wise) to rectify that. Make sure to get your collagen, water, etc.

ems70508
10-14-2013, 10:21 AM
My doctor reccomended certain protein packets that had collagen in it like the jello and cran-granata drink mix. I also use palmers with collagen and vitiman c in it every day! I've lost about 29 lbs 5.5wks and haven't noticed any flabby skin. Although my mom keeps reminding me that I'm 23 so it should just bounce back but I dont want ANY so i'm watching like a hawk. I also go to yoga a couple days a week. The stretching is good for you and your skin!

April Starter
10-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I agree with ems70508 - everyone's rate/scale of elasticity will be different depending on amount of weight loss, age as well as genetic factors. I look at my stretch marks as really bad souvenirs that I got when visiting Chubbyville.

cassieleeanne
10-14-2013, 12:44 PM
I started out at ... eh, I believe 215 and throughout the diet have noticed flabbiness. I have, however, had some firming up although my tummy is still flabby. I am going to be researching what can be done (exercise-wise) to rectify that. Make sure to get your collagen, water, etc.

The hard part about the flabby belly is that it is 90% diet which we are already doing, let me know if you find anything amazing or easy to do. I have been trying crunches and abdominal exercises for a while now.

lisa32989
10-14-2013, 03:42 PM
So I was at the dermatologist last week on an unrelated matter but asked about the skin.

She said skin elasticity is related to age and genetics. Some will get good bounce back (it may be slower than the weight loss, however) and others will need skin removal.

She said it was very individual & I asked if there was anything that would help. She said if she knew of anything, she'd be a very wealthy woman indeed.

Exercise only tones muscle, not skin.