Weight Watchers - Wendie Plan

View Full Version : Wendie Plan

DrivenByAmbition
10-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Has anyone tried wendie on points plus? This has been used in the past when one has hit a stall.

Click here (http://www.wendie-plan.com/about.html) and type in your points allowance.

If anyone tries/tried this let us know.

PUPMOM5
10-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I was just talking about this today! The only thing holding me back is that it assumes you use your WP.

butterflygirljb
10-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Does it work? . I'm really scared of gaining. Something has gotta give. 10 weeks and I've already stopped losing. Ugh. Feel like crying.

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 07:14 AM
It works on old plan. I always use my weeklies. You can adapt it to make it work for you. I've heard many success stories.

PUPMOM5
10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
All right - what do I have to lose? I'm getting frustrated! LOL

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Let us know how it goes or if you want some help cycling your week!

butterflygirljb
10-14-2013, 06:37 PM
I need help cycling my week. Please. I get 37 points

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Using weeklies or not?

butterflygirljb
10-14-2013, 09:00 PM
No. I don't use weeklies

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm doing some research. I am not entirely sure if it will work going below your daily target.

Day 1: target +5 to 7 points
Day 2: Target + 1 point
Day 3: Target +15 to 20 points
Day 4: Target points only
Day 5: Target +4 to 5 points
Day 6: Target +2 points
Day 7: Target points only.

This is only using 27 weeklies.

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 09:12 PM
I never saw this before but it ( and the other above) came from here (http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x193x39638218)

OR, try this variant of the Wendie Plan that we call the Maggie Plan:

Use all 49 WPA's in the first 3-4 days of your week, then stick to target for the last 3-4. It seems to work for many of the women on this board who try it. There are a few rules with it, though--you MUST follow the Good Health Guidelines, eat good healthy food. and have a glass of milk late afternoon/early evening.

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Basically you are just shocking your system

Girly Girl 4
10-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone - This is my first day back on WW and I'm new to thi site. I'm using the old Flex Points on my own. I'm at my heaviest and I'm so sick that I let myself get to this point. Any help you can give will be appreciated. I made it through the first day and looking forward to tomorrow.

butterflygirljb
10-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Thank you. I am going to try this. I also have been excersizing everyday since Thursday. Hopefully it all helps.

PUPMOM5
10-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Girly Girl, there is a section of this forum (up at the top) for people using Flex points. If you have any questions, they might be able to help. Most people on the main board are using the new system, Points Plus. Welcome!!

I started the Wendie Plan with yesterday being my "big day." I ate 52 points, which I didn't think was possible. I also did another day of the 30 Day Shred and re-started C25K outside. Today, I'm eating 30 points. My weight this morning was at the lowest end of where it's been bouncing (188.4-189) so that's pretty nice.

SoMuchFattitude
10-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes, essentially - it's the same thing as calorie cycling and prevents your system from getting too set into a groove. When you don't use your WP you are basically eating the same number of calories every day so your metabolism gets accustomed to that. When you use your weeklies (a few here and there) it keeps your metabolism from getting too used to anything. I have done the Wendie plan, but I realized it wasn't for me. The reason I like WW is that is allows for so much flexibility. I found that I was back to the rigid ways when I had to eat X amount each day for it to work.

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Good to hear PUP. Good thing about weight watchers is it's flexible enough to work for most in one way or another.

Snoofie
10-15-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm thinking about using this for a couple of weeks to see if it makes any difference for me. I used to think it was bullshit to think that it was more difficult to lose a smaller amount of weight, but holy ****, I'm finding out the truth now! It's more difficult for me to get rid of this 20 pounds than it was to lose the entire 65. Gah.

I'm torn now, though. I'm not sure whether to make my "big" day Wednesday (the day of my weigh-in) or to choose a day later in the week (like, say, Saturday.) Could that make any difference, do you think?

What I used to do when I lost the weight the first time was to just use up all my WPs on Wednesday. Basically, I would do my weigh-in in the morning, and then for the rest of that day I gave myself a bit of leeway. And by the time the day was over, I would have used up all (or, well, most) of my WPs. I'm not sure if that's the best way to go this time or not.

....I'm probably overthinking this. I have a huge tendency to do that. :o

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I would just make sure that the big day isn't the day before your weigh in. Keep that day at daily point allowance to enable yourself to shed any water from sodium. Does that make sense?

Snoofie
10-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah, that makes perfect sense! I wouldn't do that anyway (I'd make sure it was at least a couple days before weigh-in) but it's nice to have that verified by someone else. :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I've used left over weeklies the day before weigh in, and weight either stays the same as previous day or a ounce or two up. Usually still a lost, but still. I'm not even using many weeklies right now it's like I'm afraid to.

Snoofie
10-15-2013, 08:37 PM
I guess I'm lucky -- it seems I can use all of my weeklies and still lose. In fact, during the year and a half I spent losing the 65 pounds, the only four weeks I had a gain were the weeks when I *didn't* use all my weeklies. Funny how that works, huh? :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 08:41 PM
In the past I would lose more using them all. Just afraid of gaining again. Maybe a slower loss will be okay.

PUPMOM5
10-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Snoofie, give me some of this "using all your WP and losing" dust!

Day 2 of the Wendie Plan down for me. 30 points exactly; tomorrow will be 40. Interested to see what the scale does since it was at the low end of my yo-yo this morning.

shrewlu
10-16-2013, 05:30 AM
I never saw this before but it ( and the other above) came from here (http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x193x39638218)

Use all 49 WPA's in the first 3-4 days of your week, then stick to target for the last 3-4. It seems to work for many of the women on this board who try it. There are a few rules with it, though--you MUST follow the Good Health Guidelines, eat good healthy food. and have a glass of milk late afternoon/early evening.

This is kind of what I do. My weigh-in day is Friday so I allow myself to be a little lax from Friday through Sunday - things like going out with friends, eating things that i normally don't let myself to have, little treats. I try not to use all my WPA's but a good portion of them. Then, from Monday through Thursday I try to stick very close to my daily points. If I go over by a point or so it is no big deal, but I try not to do that. It works for me because the scale keeps going down (sometimes veryveryVERY slowly...) and I don't feel deprived or like I'm missing out on anything.

I might try the Wendie plan just to see if it jump starts anything. I've been stuck in this 10 pound range for 4 months, lol and I'm a little frustrated to say the least.

PUPMOM5
10-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Day 3 of the Wendie Plan; today is 40 points. This morning my scale stayed the same, at the low-end of my plateau, 188.4. Hoping to see some movement downward soon.

butterflygirljb
10-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Hey lady's. I hope everyone I doing well. Today is day four on the wendies plan for me. This morning the scale was down a pound today. Yesterday was my really high day. 52 points. So I was scared id gain. But nope. Praying the scale keeps moving down.

DrivenByAmbition
10-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Can't wait to hear the full weeks results. Sounds positive at the moment in the negative direction :) yay weight loss.

butterflygirljb
10-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I will definitely let ya know how I did. Thank you for the help :)

PUPMOM5
10-17-2013, 09:44 AM
This AM my weight is, unfortunately, back up to 189 - but TOM is now here and there is the hope some of that is water retention. I was sure I lost, because I track my weight before bed and it was very down.

Today is day 4 and 37 points.

DrivenByAmbition
10-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Sounds likes good old TOM is the culprit then.

PUPMOM5
10-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Wendie plan success over here today! My scale was 187 this morning, a number I have never seen (and was probably in grade school the last time I was that) and I'm pretty pleased!

DrivenByAmbition
10-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Yay I'm glad. May have to try this next week myself if I don't show a loss on Monday.

rphalange
10-28-2013, 12:42 PM
I followed the Wendie Plan successfully on the old WW program. I'm keeping this info in my back pocket for when I hit a plateau or when I just need to shake things up. Thanks!

DrivenByAmbition
10-29-2013, 07:10 AM
I don't think the plan is for everyone. It just confuses your body and boosts metabolism if followed.

NewMe2009
10-29-2013, 10:40 AM

This is pretty much what I have been doing since I started WW last month. My WI is on Saturday so I use my WP on the weekend and the rest of the week I try to stick with my 26 points and if I go over a few points for a few days its ok cause I usually have about 15-20 of my weeklies left after the weekend. Usually on Thursday & Friday I drink alot more water all day since I know that WI is Saturday morning.

DrivenByAmbition
10-29-2013, 03:07 PM
That's wonderful. I have never thought of weighing in other then at first of the week. I did Mondays and also Tuesdays. Now just Mondays, maybe I should move my weigh in to Friday. I think I will keep it where it is now, but reevaluate later.

PUPMOM5
10-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Back on the Wendie plan after a few rough days. Hoping to see something low tomorrow, but weigh in isn't until Sat.

Koshka
10-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Yes, essentially - it's the same thing as calorie cycling and prevents your system from getting too set into a groove. When you don't use your WP you are basically eating the same number of calories every day so your metabolism gets accustomed to that. When you use your weeklies (a few here and there) it keeps your metabolism from getting too used to anything. I have done the Wendie plan, but I realized it wasn't for me. The reason I like WW is that is allows for so much flexibility. I found that I was back to the rigid ways when I had to eat X amount each day for it to work.

I basically agree with this. I tried the Wendie plan a few years ago. I did not get any significant results from it. Also, I hated the lack of flexibility in it. My life doesn't always happen on pre-determined dates. Also, some days I'm hungrier than others.

I tend to follow what is referred to here as the Maggie plan. I weigh in on Friday mornings then usually go out for lunch. Then I usually eat out again on Saturday or Sunday. By the end of Sunday I usually have 20 to 25 weekly point left over. My goal is to use no more than 4 WP on Monday - Wednesday then to use no WP on Thursday. So that leaves me some unused WP so that if have to eat out unexpectedly on Mon-Thurs I have points available to do it. (usually I don't). So some weeks I end up with 15 unused WP, other weeks less or even none.

Oh, I don't believe that you have to drink milk every night. Yes, you need to meet your GHG but you can do that a variety of ways.

PUPMOM5
11-01-2013, 11:17 AM
This week, I will either try the Maggie Plan OR I will go back to shunning my WP altogether. The latter scares me because I feel, in doing so, I have been eating only 1000-1200 calories and may be why my body has stopped losing (I have nowhere else to go and my body expects 1200 calories.)

Jennifer 3FC
11-11-2013, 09:19 AM
I don't agree with the Wendie plan. It's just calorie shifting with a name slapped on it. :) If you want to calorie shift, I suggest counting calories and not putting the $$ or effort in to WW, because it's a completely different plan.

The WW plan is made to be flexible, so you don't need to add in other plans. You have weeklies to use or pass, activity points to either use or pass, and with WW you can make a big day if you need it. Those bumps in the road aren't planned for, so if you have the available points, you can use them and not feel bad about it. If you use them up on the Wendie plan, then when those 'accidents' happen, you don't have the available points to take care of it.

Koshka
11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't agree with the Wendie plan. It's just calorie shifting with a name slapped on it. :) If you want to calorie shift, I suggest counting calories and not putting the $$ or effort in to WW, because it's a completely different plan.

The WW plan is made to be flexible, so you don't need to add in other plans. You have weeklies to use or pass, activity points to either use or pass, and with WW you can make a big day if you need it. Those bumps in the road aren't planned for, so if you have the available points, you can use them and not feel bad about it. If you use them up on the Wendie plan, then when those 'accidents' happen, you don't have the available points to take care of it.

I agree with the overall point you are making about the Wendie plan. I think the idea of varying your calorie intake during the week (within your allowed daily and weekly points) is a good one. However, for most people, if you are using WW correctly you naturally do that. I don't like the rigidity of the Wendie plan and want my eating to be tied to my actual life.

All of that said - I don't think that if someone is counting calories they don't need to join WW. Again - I understand the point ... to a point. That is, I don't find any real magic in the WW food plan. I get just as much benefit from counting calories as I do counting points (I do both). So, from a food plan standpoint, I agree that I could easily skip doing WW, count calories, record food on My Fitness Pal and track activity on Fitbit. All of this is why WW income is down and why they suspended their dividend.

But the important thing for me is that I don't belong to WW for the food plan or for the tracker or for their online tools. I can get all of that free just fine. I belong to WW for the accountability of the weekly weigh in. It gives me a specific short term goal for each week (stay within my points until I weigh in so I will - hopefully - see a loss). I structure my week around the weigh in. Also, the meeting helps me continue to focus motivation on losing weight.

So, for even someone who counts calories, WW can still be a great program.

DrivenByAmbition
11-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Wendie plan is points plus tweaked in such a way to surprise ones body. I would not discourage it, because it's not "not on plan"

mrsdocrocks
12-08-2013, 05:16 PM
going to look into this but some of the comments made are making me skeptical, good points!

Dixiemom
12-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I found that if I eat most to all of my WPs in 2-3 days say In the weekend, the stayed within my DPs for the other 4-5 days it kept my metabolism high and I lost consistently.

calee
12-21-2013, 08:52 PM
I too go to WW for the accountability. I think that I would go further astray without my weigh ins. It really helps me be mindful. I remember doing Wendie with carb cycling many many years ago. I have been counting calories and carbs but I think I'm ready to just use points and to get out of the "diet" mentality.

I've never really used my activity or WP. I exercise 6-7 hours a week. Maybe I should give it a try.