Weight Watchers - Daily WW Check-in

View Full Version : Daily WW Check-in

DrivenByAmbition
10-13-2013, 07:03 AM
I have seen this on many boards and thought, well maybe if we start some new topics that this board will become lively again. Daily accountability is one way of coming back. So let's give it a try.

I was/wasn't on plan today because... Will be back to answer later!

kmac1196
10-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Great idea.

I was on plan yesterday because I am tired of how long this weight loss is taking me. I've been too lax and forgiving. I am down ALMOST 50 lbs since last August...Good but I've got a long way to go and, although I'm not looking for fast and furious, I do want quicker progress.

That's why I'll be on plan today, too.

PUPMOM5
10-13-2013, 09:21 AM
I was on plan yesterday but very frustrated - I ate fast food TWICE yesterday and a little bit of ice cream, but stayed under my points for the day. :( Going to try to eat healthy for the rest of the week and not put as much importance on the scale (which is pretty much impossible for me).

butterflygirljb
10-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I was on plan yesterday and all week. But I maintained. Week before I only lost .2 wich is the smallest loss so far. Think I'm hitting a plateau. So I went out and bought a activity tracker thingy yesterday. I got over 8000 steps in yesterday and burned 580 cals. Not much cals. But praying it helps.

GettinFit
10-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone,

I'd like to join this daily check in. I NEED it right now. I'm just getting back on track and I REALLY want to succeed because I have reached the point where my knees & ankles are aching because of the excess weight I've gained.

I have one good day under my belt and so far today has been good. I attend an At Work meeting on Wednesdays and I'm hoping to have a good weigh in this week.

I look forward to reading about everyone's successes.

DrivenByAmbition
10-13-2013, 11:47 AM
I was on plan yesterday because after two weeks of birthdays, I have no excuse for any weight gain until thanksgiving because I have decided how I will handle it. I will practice portion control And reserve my weeklies for that day. Eat on point everyday or increase activity for extra points the following days that week. I would like to see the 180s before Christmas.

DrivenByAmbition
10-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I was on plan yesterday but very frustrated - I ate fast food TWICE yesterday and a little bit of ice cream, but stayed under my points for the day. :( Going to try to eat healthy for the rest of the week and not put as much importance on the scale (which is pretty much impossible for me).

It is very frustrating to not see the scale move. I am a daily weigher because I like tower the trends, but it does have its negative side. Have you tried the Wendie plan? Cycling your points? click here (http://www.wendie-plan.com/about.html) This is not a points calculator but you tell it your daily points and they cycle it for you.

DrivenByAmbition
10-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I was on plan yesterday and all week. But I maintained. Week before I only lost .2 wich is the smallest loss so far. Think I'm hitting a plateau. So I went out and bought a activity tracker thingy yesterday. I got over 8000 steps in yesterday and burned 580 cals. Not much cals. But praying it helps.

Check out the wendie plan link I posted above.

DrivenByAmbition
10-13-2013, 06:23 PM
I stayed on plan today because I truly want to change my lifestyle, and also tomorrow is weigh in haha :-p

PUPMOM5
10-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Driven, I commented on your Wendie Plan post! I have been thinking about it. The only thing holding me back is I generally don't eat WP and Wendie plan assumes you do. But maybe I could alter it?

Today I ended up having a super weird day, so while I am under points, I did eat some bad food. I'm sure my scale will stay static tomorrow. On the upside, I am doing very well with my 30 Day Shred. I did 3 days, rested a day, and back at it today. I'm thinking about mixing it up with Couch 2 5K outside this time, since the transition from inside to outside did NOT go well for me!

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 07:16 AM
I would tweak it. Or maybe just use a few extra points. It's just made to shock your system.

Sorry about your transition from inside to out. I am actually going to start the treadmill today. Very slowly ease into exercise.

kmac1196
10-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Good morning.

I stayed on plan yesterday because I want to make my goals.

And planning on staying on plan today, too!

Busymomx4
10-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Great idea.

Yesterday was thanksgiving dinner. I stayed on plan but used ost of my weekly extra points but i had filled out my whole day ahead of time and didn't divert from it, even measured everything.

The scale was up about 1.5 lb this morning but hopefully will be gone soon.

Eventhough losing is going slowly, I'm really enjoying the plan.

PUPMOM5
10-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Busymom, I'm sure the scale will drop soon! Only up 1.5 is pretty awesome - my scale would have went bananas!

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Mmmm thanksgiving dinner sounds yummy. Ready for the holidays cause I've got my plan ready!

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 06:20 PM
I stayed on plan today because ww is doable. I are. Fabulous 11 point filling dinner and have 7 pts left to consume.

mandydawn77
10-15-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm curious if those of you who don't use your weekly points use your activity points?

My friend and I just recently started weight watchers. We have both been dieting for awhile now and we started doing zumba together early in the year. This is the first time we have been on the same diet plan. She counts her activity points and I don't. We both use our weekly points - not usually all of them, but I'd say most of them. I mostly use mine on Friday evening because my official weigh in is on Friday and I start my new week on Saturday. I try to save most of my weeklies for Friday night.

What I'm trying to get to is that I've been reading on a few of these threads about some having trouble with plateaus and they are not using their weeklies. My friend who uses her weeklies and activity points is losing even faster than I am. I've lost pretty well and I use most of my weeklies. My friend is 20 pounds or so under me so we are both over 200 pounds which may have something to do with it because I know it gets tougher the closer you get to goal. I guess I'm just curious if it has anything to do with possibly not getting enough calories in. I know the whole calorie deficit thing and you would think the bigger the deficit the faster you would lose, but is that really true? It doesn't seem to make sense to say maybe you should try eating more, but wouldn't that be awesome if that was the problem. Just a thought :)

PUPMOM5
10-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Mandydawn, I've been on WW since Jan 1 and I was rarely using my weeklies. I lost steadily, averaging 2 lbs/week, until the past 6 weeks. Now I'm stuck. However, this week I am trying the Wendie Plan, which cycles how many points to use a day, so I believe I will end up using most or all of them. We'll see if it snaps me out of my plateau!

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 05:58 PM
I stayed on plan today because, I can have what I want (: however I used some weeklies today.

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 07:33 PM
I went to Chick Fil A today...just got them here in MN and LOVE LOVE LOVE their chicken nuggets (I go when I'm in FL) so today I got a kids meal with the chicken nuggets and fruit cup and had a few of my husbands fries

8pts

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 07:34 PM
I have 26 pts and its hard so I take the extra 49 and split them up so I have 7 extra a day
I don't use my activity pts...well I try not to-only for emergencies :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 08:08 PM
I bet that is tough. I remember the minimum was originally 29. 26 just seems like so little.

PUPMOM5
10-15-2013, 08:51 PM
I dread the day I hit 26. Every time I lose a point, it's a mixed blessing: excitement I lost more weight, terror of getting lower points to eat.

I had a Lean Cuisine Spaghetti with Meatballs and it was actually yummy! Usually, frozen pastas are always a miss for me but this was good, filling and 7 points!

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 09:00 PM
that's why I started using the extra 7

starting "My Fitness Pal" has helped...its exhausting counting everything but its helped with my plateau

DrivenByAmbition
10-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Will have to try the spaghetti lean cuisine!

shrewlu
10-16-2013, 05:20 AM
I've been on plan all week but I've also had a cold which hasn't made me want to eat. But I've been making myself at least eat something. I also haven't been working out due to said cold, but hope to get back to it when I can breathe normally again.

happybug
10-16-2013, 07:30 AM
I've been on plan since Sunday. Saturday night I had a binge, due to inadvertently finding another trigger food, WW Belgian …clairs. I ate the whole box then three slices of pizza, but I'm really proud of the fact that despite craving junk like mad on Sunday, I got on track and have kept on track.

PUPMOM5
10-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Congrats, happybug! That's pretty huge! It's hard to forgive ourselves and move on, but it's so important.

I haven't had baked Cheetos in a long time, but they seem to be something that is tempting me to overeat (I haven't, but I feel the old temptation). I have 1/3 of a bag left and won't be buying another when it's empty.

Busymomx4
10-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone,

ugh, canít shake that extra lb that thanksgiving dinner brought me, eventhough i stayed on plan..looks like I might have a slight gain come Friday but its okÖit will go eventually.

Iím not doing any exercising and i know i have to start. I wish the Y near me opened at 4:30 cause iím a morning person but i leave for work at 6:30 than home around 6 and 4 kiddos to feed, etc..by the time iím done its 7-7:30 and super tired.

I still have a lot of loose skin from the 142lbs i lost..I was lucky enough to have a fleur de lys tummy tuck this past February but still need to get in shape.

For those talking about number of points...i have 26 points and so far iím doing ok. Helps that iíve been having spaghetti squash and sauce for awhile now and its only a 2-3 point meal and very filling. Will have to think of something else soon as theyíll be out of season shortly and way too pricey. I do use most of my weeklies on Friday night too as Friday morning is my weight in.

Keep up the good work :carrot:

DrivenByAmbition
10-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I stays on plan today because I had the motivation. Using more of my weeklies this week.

PUPMOM5
10-18-2013, 08:40 PM
While I hit my points target, I wasn't able to keep up with my 30 Day Shred today thanks to a migraine. :( Still in bed, feeling like crap - but hey, at least I stayed within my points! I don't think I'll see a loss for tomorrow, my weigh in day, but maybe a woosh when TOM goes away.

DrivenByAmbition
10-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I hope you feel better. How did weigh in go?

PUPMOM5
10-19-2013, 10:49 AM
My Scale Moved Down Finally! 187! Hooray!!

DrivenByAmbition
10-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Yay! Did you use wendie plan the whole week?

PUPMOM5
10-19-2013, 10:59 AM
I did! Being able to eat more was awesome! I already used the calculator for this week with tomorrow being the big day.

DrivenByAmbition
10-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Good to hear. How long will you do wendie plan for?

PUPMOM5
10-19-2013, 12:51 PM
That's a good question. Is this something that people just do forever or that they do just for awhile to break plateaus? I guess it's time to google..

DrivenByAmbition
10-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Usually for plateaus but if works for you, I would use it a couple if weeks and then go back so if you have another stall, this could shake things back up.

shrewlu
10-20-2013, 07:03 AM
I went over my daily points by 1 point because I was stupid and didn't realize WW had lowered my daily points, lol.

DrivenByAmbition
10-20-2013, 07:13 AM
I calculate my next point loss when I lose one so I have an idea.

PUPMOM5
10-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Shrewlu, I caught that on myself before I hit my point goal. I kept puzzling over it and then it dawned on me. LOL.

DrivenByAmbition
10-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Pup were you about to lose a point

PUPMOM5
10-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Driven, WW kicked me down to 29 from 30 but I somehow missed it, and caught it later when I was logging food in.

DrivenByAmbition
10-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Could have been why you stalled. I'm just glad you were able to lose this week (:

SarainMN
10-20-2013, 12:56 PM
i just had a great workout and now having a unwhich from Jimmy John's for lunch-its going to be a good day :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Jimmy johns is awesome!

mandydawn77
10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
I am completely shocked at how well WW's is working for me. I don't know if it's because I've really been doing good on my workouts, even getting extra ones in, or if I'm not figuring up my points correctly and maybe overshooting it. I have a hard time figuring out points sometimes, like this weekend we had a beef roast and vegetables in the crockpot and I ate it all weekend long for lunch and dinner and even grabbed a potato or carrot out occasionally when I'd be in the kitchen. Well I really wasn't sure how many points to count, so maybe I counted too many because with all the mexican food I pigged out on Friday night I don't see how I'm 3 pounds lighter this morning. I'm definitely not complaining, I'm just shocked. I have had a really great couple of weeks as far as weight loss goes, but I'm really not seeing it in my clothes. I'll be going down a point if I still weigh 240 or less on Friday.

I used to get the unwich at jimmy john's when I was doing low carb. I haven't had it in awhile. Since I've been doing WW's I've been having bread again, although I do take off half the bun when I get a burger or arby's sandwich.

DrivenByAmbition
10-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Great job!

mandydawn77
10-23-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm excited because I hit a new low and finally got under 240 pounds for the first time since 1999! I can't really share the news here at work because we are supposed to be keeping our weight loss a secret so nobody knows who is ahead until the final weigh in. I don't want to jinx myself, but if I can keep the scale moving at this pace I should definitely win this one. It's a winner takes all, so no second or third this time. The pot is $180. Of course since I weigh more than most in the challenge I have to lose more to get my percentage up.

Hope you all are having a great week!

DrivenByAmbition
10-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Great job. Still sitting tight at 198.3 wishing for a woosh

SarainMN
10-23-2013, 05:19 PM
I did it!!! hit 60lbs lost!!! :dance:

DrivenByAmbition
10-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Wonderful job, Sara

19Deltawifey
10-23-2013, 11:30 PM
I've been on plan since I started WW 3 weeks ago. I also have been eating all my WP and AP. Last week I had a slight gain .4 pounds but it was TOM. Hopefully I will have a woosh tomorrow at weigh in. Unfortunately I can't stay for the meeting since that would involve me having to bring all 3 of my kiddos. I also don't weigh myself at home anymore. Daily weighing makes me insane and really affects my mood.

shrewlu
10-24-2013, 04:40 AM
I came in under points today so yay! I feel like I ate plenty but still came in under. I'm a bit worried about weighing this week (I only do it once a week, otherwise I'd do it all the time) because of TOM, but...it will all be okay in the long run.

DrivenByAmbition
10-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Great attitude.

mandydawn77
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Congrats Sara for hitting your 60 pounds lost!

I was up today at 240.2, but just as shrewlu said "It will all be okay in the long run" :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Stayed on plan this week. I am very happy regardless of the number on the scale. I can do this and it will show more soon enough.

happybug
10-28-2013, 12:18 AM
I hope to stay on plan today. I bought a honey cake for dessert tonight and despite wanting some for lunch as well, I managed to say no to it. Looking forward to it, just hope it doesn't end up being a trigger food.

DrivenByAmbition
10-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Birthday cake this month was my downfall. Only showing a 3.3 loss so far for he month so I will fall short of my 5lb goal.

NewMe2009
10-29-2013, 11:03 AM
I hope everyone is having a good day so far. I just had my breakfast, low sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal...yum!!

Has anyone heard of nutritious snacks from graze.com? I was given a code by a friend of mine and I received my first box for free and will also get my 5th box for free as well. I received my box on Friday and had my first snack out of it yesterday. It is really good, and comes with the nutritional values in the box so I can figure my points for each snack. I got the light box, 4 snacks total, 2 are 4 points each and one is 2 points and the other is 1 point. If anyone is interested, check out their website, I have 4 friendcodes available if anyone wants to join, let me know & I will get you the code.

wgill33
10-29-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm thinking of joining WW for nursing mothers. I'm hungry all the time, and miserable because I want to lose weight. Has this worked for anyone else and what kind of things do you eat? My baby boy is 4 months I breastfeed exclusively.
I'm new here. My name is Wendy.;);):)

fafram1
11-08-2013, 08:49 PM
I've been on plan today so far. But the day is not over yet. And the night is the worst part of the day as far as following my plan.

DrivenByAmbition
11-08-2013, 09:43 PM
On plan day (:

PUPMOM5
11-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Wendy, I think there is one nursing mom on WW - maybe if you post a thread in the main forum, you might catch her attention!

185 this morning! I want to continue my 30 Day Shred (it's almost been a week since I did it!) but I'm so far behind on grading and I have other responsibilities that have to be handled this weekend, so work first. Hopefully, a nice long walk with the dog and some shredding later!

DrivenByAmbition
11-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Nice to see that your plateau is busted, PUP (:

SarainMN
11-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm not doing all I should be
I need to slow down and think about what I'm eating and how I'm moving
I haven't had any gains but I need to kick it into gear

off to Zumba and a nice salad for lunch!

DrivenByAmbition
11-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Still no gym membership, I am honestly not putting it off. Life keeps happening! I have to do this, this, and this today, popped out of nowhere! Staying on plan and the scale is showing up thanks to TOM but I am okay with a slight gain/maintain week every once in a while. I am hoping when I start the gym to see a more steady loss.