20-Somethings - ~*Delicious for Christmas & New Year Challenge 2013*~

Riestrella
10-12-2013, 08:47 PM
:coolsnow:WELCOME TO DELICIOUS FOR CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR CHALLENGE!:coolsnow:

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/da-mo-2119.jpg?w=500&h=421

Guess what, everyone? Next week it will be 10 weeks until New Years Eve! Which means itís almost 9 weeks until Christmas! Say whuuut? I know my awesome Halloween challenge is still going, but I wanted to get started on this challenge too so we can experience the full 10 weeks together. So those who are still kicking arse in the Halloween challenge, keep going! Just join this challenge at the same time if you desire to be extra badass.

This challengeÖis the hardest challenge of the year. To get to New Years Eve you have to face Halloween candy, Thanksgiving madness and Christmas treats galore. I know in my family the entire month of December is a treat yoí self extravaganza, so please only join if you are going to be dedicated to staying accountable towards New Years Eve. For this challenge, BE REALISTIC! Are you aiming to maintain or lose? Set your standards a little lower for this one, because itís good to enjoy the holidays with family. But itís also good to not go overboard and remember you have an overall goal in life to achieve! One helping of food is enough! Letís keep things in perspective here, people!!

So letís support each other in these trying months and make sure we feel proud by the time 2013 is over and we can say hello to 2014 feeling confident and ready to face the new year!

What do you have to do?

Slap your name on the spreadsheet, put your goal weight over on the right hand side AND THATíS IT! Iíll do the rest, seriouslyÖI will... so donít you be touching anything else! Thatís right sweet heart step away from the lbs lost column I see what youíre trying to doÖ

Each week you weigh in. "What day?" ANY DAY! Monday Ė Sunday. Weighed in a little bit lighter but itís not your official weigh in day? Official weigh in day can go SUCK IT because you weighed a little bit lighter and you can change your weight as long as itís before Sunday. Hells yeah!

Planning on going away during the time between now and Christmas/New Year? No problemo munchkin, simply put a ď-ď in the cells where your holiday is, right click the cell and add a NOTE not a comment. I repeat a NOTE, NOT A COMMENT. Comments get all moved around when people drop out of the competition. If you add a comment and I delete it then it's your own fault for not reading the rules.

If you fail to weigh in for more than 2 weeks you will be moved to standby. "But wait, I wasnít ready to leave!" I hear you cry. Donít worry my sexy candy panda, just come back into the thread and say WHADDUP BRO PUT ME BACK IN THIS GAME YO. Or something similar.

"But wait I just saw this and you guys are already being epic and losing weight, can I join?" Of course you can! Add in your weights if you have 'em and come on in!

ARE YOU READY?! Of course you are. LETíS DO THIS!

--->Sign up to the challenge HERE!!<--- (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnPOc0Ik0vsYdE5OeU5TRXZQN0FPbGxhSTNOVEtJc mc&usp=sharing)

:coolsnow::coolsnow:

anity
10-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Yaaaaay, a Christmas challenge! I'm so ready for this! :carrot:

I'd really, really like to have hit my goal by New Year. So that means I need to lose 20 lbs... a bit ambitious, sure, but I'll work hard towards it!

Let's get it started, woo! :D

Edit: I seem not to be able to put my name on the spreadsheet, dunno why.

Riestrella
10-13-2013, 12:10 AM
I know what's happened, I'll fix it ASAP!

Edit: All fixed, there's always a setting tucked away I forget to change when I make new spreadsheets! 20 lbs is a big goal, anity, so don't get discouraged if you don't make it - it's a hard time of year to lose weight! But I'm being ambitious too, there's no harm in it as long as you can stay positive =)

WannaBaSkinnybride
10-13-2013, 09:08 AM
I'll join! Hopefully this challenge is just the push I need to start being more accountable! I'm setting my goal to lose 20lbs. I think this is realistic enough, because on top of the holidays, it's my birthday on November 1st, and I should be finding out if I'm going to be re admitted to nursing school in the next couple weeks!! ��
I want to add that that my weight now is only a guesstimate. It was my weight 2 weeks ago at my cousins house, my scale broke in a move and I'm still waiting on my overtime check to arrive before I get another :). (Could possibly get tonight!) I'll change my stats after I verify!

Dreamer2012
10-13-2013, 09:42 AM
I was waiting for a challenge like this. My goal is to be going to get into a healthy BMI of 127lbs :)

Rated
10-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Just joined and my goal is little over a pound a week. I would like to lose more but I know Christmas is going to make it hard. But I plan on going wedding dress shopping at Christmas so I am hoping to lose as much as possible.

WannaB - I noticed your username, are you planning a wedding right now also?

Tohisha77
10-13-2013, 01:11 PM
I would love to join!
It's funny because I was actually planing to lose 20lbs by Christmas.

TraumaNurse
10-14-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm all about this and since it's a short-ish challenge maybe I'll actually finish for once (I'm the worst). I'm slinking back to the boards for what seems like the umpteenth time. I've been eating whatever whenever but have magically stayed the exact same weight the last couple months so yay to that. After maintaining for a bit I have to get back at weight loss.

Between working full time nights, putting in clinical hours for my program (so basically between my job and that it's like I'm working 60 hour weeks with half being at night and half at day. And boy oh boy is that wrecking havoc on my body, sleep, and mental health). Plus class, plus homework. Le sigh August and the end of grad school can not come soon enough... Since my life is so out of control I need to take back a little bit of it where I can and hopefully refocusing on eating and working out will be just the ticket to keep me sane. I have a goal and a timeline. It's out there so now I have to stick to it.

Thanks for starting the challenge Riestrella!

WannaBaSkinnybride
10-14-2013, 10:36 AM
WannaB - I noticed your username, are you planning a wedding right now also?
Haha. So I created this account when I was with an ex and we had a "deal" that if I could hit my goal weight he would propose.(at this point we had been together almost 3yrs). I'm not sure how but I fooled myself into thinking this was a really romantic gesture. Long story short, we broke up and I shortly after reconnected with my HS sweetheart! We became engaged about 9 months after dating(I've known him for 10+ yrs however) on August 28th, I proposed to him! My ring recently came in and he says he wants to propose (after he said yes to my proposal, he mentioned that he always wanted to be the one to propose, and he was slightly disappointed that I did it instead:( )so I still don't have my ring, but yes we are beginning to plan the wedding. It's going to be a pretty long engagment though as I wanted to wait until after I graduate nursing school. So far we've picked a tentative date (4/16/16)and venue. My username now embarrasses me and does bring back old memories but atleast now I'm actually engaged!lol.
Oh, and Congrats to you on your engagement! :) How far along are you in the planning process?

So I did pick up my new scale and it does body fat, hydration levels, and BMI. I'm happy because it showed my weight at 238.6 but my B.f percent was at 47.6% and hydration level only 36%!!! So I'm severely dehydrated and almost half of me is FAT!! :( super bummed out about this but it's also super motivational!!

lilsquirrel
10-14-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm joining!
I think I need a new fresh challenge after the week I've had. You couldn't of timed this better! :D

1lb per week I think. I may have a wedding to go to on New Years Eve so time to buckle down :)

PixelatedTimeMachine
10-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I am jumping on board for this one. I could use a little bit of motivation to get seriously moving before the year is out!

skittlesfirehawk
10-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Just joined so excited I hope 20lbs in two months wasn't too ambitious.it would sure be great to shock the **** out of my grandmother who won't have see me for 3 months

Rated
10-14-2013, 04:35 PM
WannaB - That is so cute that you have re-connected with your high school sweetheart, I am also engaged to mine. We have both gained weight over the course of our relationship so we both have goals for the wedding. We have already been engaged for a year and a bit, with a year to go so we are pretty far in the planning process but I still haven't shopped for a dress since at my current weight I know that wouldn't be a fin experience with my mom (she REALLY disapproves of my weight gain)

That is cool that you have a scale that tells you all that information! The body fat % could really come in handy if you start lifting weights.

skittles - I love shocking people when they haven't seen you in awhile.

Ladybug10
10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Joining! Hopefully this will kickstart my weight loss efforts. Finished with school (FINALLLLLY!!) so now I have zero excuses to not put my efforts into it. :)

Marniadec
10-14-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm joining, too! I picked 65 kg/143 lbs as a goal weight for this challenge because then I'll have lost 50 kg/110 lbs and all these numbers are whole (by whole I mean, say, 143 instead of 143.3, I don't know what it's called in english). Also, I like the idea of having lost 50 kg. I had 6 people tell me to stop losing today and I'm bound to get a lot more of that in the next weeks. I'm not where I want to be, though, and I don't want them to convince me. Good luck everyone!

alicrimson88
10-14-2013, 09:42 PM
I have yet to finish one of these, so I'm hoping this is the one. I'm only aiming for 10lbs, but would prefer more if possible. I'll start small, and work my way up.

dehtripper
10-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Oh man, I'm totally going to get on this once I weigh in tomorrow morning. No way I'm going to make my halloween challenge goal. That'k okay but I think another challenge is just what I need to get my butt in gear.

Essa415
10-15-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm down for a challenge!! Need some motivation to get my butt in gear (and shrink it too!)!

skittlesfirehawk
10-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Haha. So I created this account when I was with an ex and we had a "deal" that if I could hit my goal weight he would propose.(at this point we had been together almost 3yrs). I'm not sure how but I fooled myself into thinking this was a really romantic gesture. Long story short, we broke up and I shortly after reconnected with my HS sweetheart! We became engaged about 9 months after dating(I've known him for 10+ yrs however) on August 28th, I proposed to him! My ring recently came in and he says he wants to propose (after he said yes to my proposal, he mentioned that he always wanted to be the one to propose, and he was slightly disappointed that I did it instead:( )so I still don't have my ring, but yes we are beginning to plan the wedding. It's going to be a pretty long engagment though as I wanted to wait until after I graduate nursing school. So far we've picked a tentative date (4/16/16)and venue. My username now embarrasses me and does bring back old memories but atleast now I'm actually engaged!lol.
Oh, and Congrats to you on your engagement! :) How far along are you in the planning process?

So I did pick up my new scale and it does body fat, hydration levels, and BMI. I'm happy because it showed my weight at 238.6 but my B.f percent was at 47.6% and hydration level only 36%!!! So I'm severely dehydrated and almost half of me is FAT!! :( super bummed out about this but it's also super motivational!!

whats the name of the scale?im nervous about using a bodyfat one because im not sure if those are spot on.

LittleBlueCat
10-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Ok, Riestrella, I love your style!

WI at 168, at this moment. Put me down for 18. Because I've never been below 158, that I can remember... hold it, actually I do. January 1994, I've weighted 155... how is it possible that I remember that?? Anyways, making past that is a celebration by itself. Though you won't hear me complaining if I do make a nice even 20 lbs lost. 148? **** ya!

Hoopty
10-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Riestrella, I love your challenges! I am so determined to complete this one since Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year! I cannot wait for it to be here :)

I've been slacking...mostly due to a bad UTI and also because it's so hard to get back on track. BUT! I managed to eat healthily these past 2 days and I will continue to do so. No exercise for me so far but once I feel better I will follow up on that, too.

My goal is to get to 130 lbs. I'm at 147.4 lbs right now and I think 17.4 lbs in 10 weeks is doable. There are only 2 major things going on - DH's birthday in November and Thanksgiving, those will be definite uber-cheat-days but I will try to plan ahead and manage my calories wisely.

Good luck to everyone! Time to make it happen!

LawGirl88
10-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I'm so in! I need a jump start to this sad uckyness I'm in! Did Nutrisystem last year and had great progress but I couldn't stay with it so this years it's all me!!!!

grapefruit
10-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Signed me up! Hopefully I'll be able to get somewhere near my goal weight!

LawGirl88
10-16-2013, 11:10 PM
I just stole my parents Body Fat, Water Percentage Scale!! My regular scale has been around for 10 years and was starting to act up so I figured I might as well "borrow" the fancy one. They're in far too good shape to need that shiz anyway!

lanabug
10-17-2013, 12:30 AM
So I was super hesitant to join because I've been in a challenge for the past two months and I thought to myself that maybe I shouldn't join another so I can take a 'break', and then I realized how that logic was pretty much just making an excuse to be ok with no losses over the holidays because I don't have to be accountable. screw that, I'm in!! :lifter:

Riestrella
10-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Welcome Welcome!! So great to see lots of people signing up!

So this challenge is very important to me. I've been away from home for 10 months and since then I have GAINED weight. My parents always looked to me for inspiration (their words not mine!! I'm not that egotistical!) and I would feel a tad ashamed if I went back home chubbier than last year. If I can lose 1 lb a week I can be at the weight I was at my thinnest, maybe even a little less, so it's a great incentive for me to stick to it and make sure I can go back to England with my head held high!! I'm still hosting the Halloween challenge, but I'm actually LAST in that challenge :o. The host...LAST! I feel like I should at least be in the top 20! I'm here to redeem myself!!

I am doing a 10K race over the Christmas holidays, I feel slightly mental for doing a race in WINTER and on my time off from work! But I'm doing this race with my Mum (hopefully, she has a tendency to drop out of races she signs up for =/) so it's special in a way since I've never run a race with her. She's in her 50's now, but has run a bazillion races (10Ks, Marathons, Half Iron Mans...) so it'll be great to share this with her. She's always struggled with her weight, despite being an amazing runner, so I hope this inspires her to make a push to lose weight too! I have to start my training on the 21st October, so the day this challenge starts, and stick with it (with 2 weeks off while I'm working on a film) so the timing will line up perfectly with the race. I'm hoping running will help me lose weight, it has in the past, so fingers crossed I can make my goal this time around!

----------------------

SkinnyBride - 20 lbs is ambitious! Just don't be disheartened if your birthday throws you off a bit, enjoy yourself! I wouldn't worry too much about the body fat/hydration stats. It's probably a generic formula that works it out. I'm almost certain you have to measure body fat by measuring multiple areas of your body.

Rated - Ooh, a wedding! Definitely a great incentive to join!!

TraumaNurse - Welcome back! At least you didn't gain weight, give your body a big congratulations on being awesome and not gaining. You're so close to your goal!! You can do it. I do not envy your crazy schedule...I don't know how you do it. You make me feel even lazier than I am...and that's pretty darn lazy!

lilsquirrel - Yay! Welcome to the new challenge! Glad to see you coming over here =)

Marnia - As long as you're not under eating and losing weight in a healthy way, then I encourage you to listen to your own heart in terms of your goals. I have had way too many people say "your goal weight is too low" and even "Please stop losing weight." Literally, the latter was said by my Dad in a very concerned way. I think I was like 155 lbs at the time! That's still overweight for me!! Amazing job on what you have accomplished so far, incredible!!

LittleBlueCat - Welcome! How do you remember that?! I had to dig up old (and embarrassing) diaries to see how much I weighed.

Hoopty - Hoopty!! You're back! Welcome!! We're the same height, may I ask why your goal is 120 lbs? Have you been that weight before? I ask because my goal is 130 lbs and I know that's the mid point of the healthy BMI range.

LawGirl - What's Nutrisystem?!

lanabug - I like your thinking! Welcome, let's kick butt together.

Sorry to anyone I missed out personally, I read your post but all I have to say is WELCOME!! Let's do this together!!!

Douglassek
10-17-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm joining! I've been maintaining my current weight for several months now but it's time to get back on the weight loss wagon. I picked 9 lbs, and if/when I get those 9 lbs out of the way I will have hit my overall weight loss goal! Good luck everyone!

whatthefudge
10-17-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm joining too! And yeah I feel like I'm being overly ambitious but I'm ready for the challenge, especially with my birthday and a bunch of family events coming up! Thanks for doing this :)

Hoopty
10-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Riestrella - Actually, my lowest weight ever was 123lbs back in September of 2011. I felt really comfortable wearing form fitting clothes, liked the way I looked in pictures and my overall health was much better (skin, hair, nails, pretty much everything). I was, however, still trying to tone up since I have this horrible muffin top that I can't seem to get rid of (even at a weight that low and working out!). I set 120lbs as my goal though it's more 120lbs-125lbs. If I feel comfortable enough at 130lbs then I'll try to maintain there (obviously, I'm gonna be building up muscle which weighs more so we'll see...). So yeah, 120lbs was the first number I thought of when signing up for 3FC.
I did think about the whole BMI range though and you're right, 130lbs is right in the middle. Is that the only reason why you chose that goal weight? And by the way - I find it amazing that you and your mom will be running together, how awesome is that? My mom is so clumsy, she can't even ride the bike for a minute, lol!

--

I was OP again today and got a 20-minute workout in. My weight bumped up a little today but TOM is right around the corner so I'm not gonna let that get to me. My mom's birthday is on Saturday which means - planned cheat day! HOWEVER! I won't stuff myself mindlessly and only pick out things that I really want in reasonable portions.

Hope everyone is doing well!

WannaBaSkinnybride
10-18-2013, 02:02 AM
whats the name of the scale?im nervous about using a bodyfat one because im not sure if those are spot on.

I believe the brand name/maker is Health O meter. I got it from
Walmart for only like $30

183StGB
10-18-2013, 04:56 AM
Hi guys,
I just signed up :) woohoo.
I weigh 176 right now, and would like to weigh 168 by Christmas. So, 8lbs. Doesn't seem like a lot, hey. I've been bouncing between 175 and 182 for the last 3 months, so getting out of the 170s would be amazing.
let's do this :)

dehtripper
10-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Just added myself too. I feel refreshed and motivated to get this goal accomplished (not like my Halloween goal :P). I joined WW in the first week-ish of January last year, so I really want to finish my one year strong.

grapefruit
10-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah I don't want the time of year and the cold to be an excuse not to lose or to gain weight... I can enjoy the nice autumn food in moderation and sensibly!

chubbySister
10-18-2013, 02:31 PM
I just joined and I'm excited! Maybe by staying true to all of you I can stay true to myself as well. Good luck to us all!

Riestrella
10-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Welcome newcomers!!

I'm going to my friends tonight, they're eaters suffice to say...so I'm going to try my best not to over indulge. One of the friends is annoyingly thin and naturally so, so I always feel a bit of a hippo in comparison. I know, it's bad to compare to other people, especially since she's a slender body type whereas I'm a curvy hour glass shape. I guess my body type is considered just as attractive as the slender physique but still.

Recently the weather has gotten chillier, which is great for my mood (reminds me of my native land!) but I've whipped out the ol' jeans and I've been HORRIFIED that I can no longer fit into them comfortably =(. I have an awful muffin top and my stomach, which can only be described as a gut now, hangs over the waist band. To conceal all awful pudginess I have to pull them over my stomach, but because my stomach is bigger it's really uncomfortable to wear them this way! Arghhh! It has given me a new sense of focus to lose weight, I want to fit into my clothes again!!!

In other news I will no longer be assistant directing on the film. Long story short, my work messed up and said yes to time off when it should have been a no, so I had to drop out. While I'm disappointed I am trying to stay positive and consider it a chance to train harder for my 10K. I would have been taking a 2 week break from it for the film but now I've got 2 extra week to kick some arse!

---

Hoopty - I see! It's crazy because I've always been overweight so my goal weight is simply based on BMI. Ahh the muffin top, it's haunting me these days since I've gained a little back. Surprising you had one considering how light you were though! Yeah, you'll definitely be heavier if you're lifting! I've seen pictures of girls looking fit and toned but 10-15 lbs heavier than their lightest weight. Yeah, I'm pretty psyched to run with my Mum. I hope she's still up for it!
Good luck with your planned cheat day! Moderation is key =)

Espronceda
10-19-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm so up for this challenge - just the extra motivation I need right now!

goldengirlamy
10-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Jumping in, and going ahead an adding my weight for this weeks weight since I'm only starting two days before.

skittlesfirehawk
10-19-2013, 12:32 PM
are we supposed to have our weights in for this sunday?

LiannaKole
10-20-2013, 12:53 AM
This seems fun! And the group doing this seems so fun! I tried one challenge before but got sidetracked by my life and forgot to update (which makes me sad, because I've always wanted to do a challenge).

This time I want to stick with it! And I like that even if we forget for a bit that when we remember we can be like, "Wait! I wanna come back!" and us being the sexy candy pandas we are, we will get let back in to the challenge. ;) But hopefully that won't be necessary!

I think my goal is 10 lbs. That seems reasonable for me over the holidays.

And Riestrella, I loved your explanation of this challenge! I laughed out loud! :)

Riestrella
10-20-2013, 03:01 AM
I've made my 10K training chart! Now updated to 10 weeks instead of 8 (was going to be away for 2 weeks but now I'm not, so more time for running I guess!) I Skyped with my Mum today and she said she was ok with me trying to beat my previous time. She was actually talking as if she was going to be faster!! So it was nice to hear that she will be ok to do it even if I do run off. My runs recently have been a lot slower than last year, I was running 9 min/miles but recently I've been running 12-14 min/miles! Tomorrow the challenge begins and it's the best timing ever!! 10 weeks until the end of the challenge, 10 weeks until my 10K race!!

skittles - Starting weights are due before Sunday (today). Week 1 weights are due any time between Monday 21st - Sunday 26th.

LiannaKole - Welcome! I'm glad you like the way the challenge is run! 10 lbs is my goal too, I think it's pretty reasonable given the time of year. Hehe, I'm glad I amused you! Sometimes I think I just sound like a crazy person!

toastedsmoke
10-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I just saw this! I've been wishing for an end of year challenge and here (voila!) one has appeared! #superexciting Thanks for starting this, Riestrella!!!

Okay so quick question, we post weekly weigh ins on the spreadsheets under the appropriate date column, right, but touch nothing else?

LucyOlivia
10-20-2013, 08:12 PM
I have been refusing pizza left, right and centre this week! Maybe I can actually stick to this challenge!

Riestrella
10-21-2013, 05:21 AM
Put this in the main post:
http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/da-mo-2119.jpg?w=500&h=421

I think it relates to what we're doing!! The challenge begins today!! Week 1 is a go, weigh in between now and Sunday. How is everyone going to tackle their weight loss in the next 10 weeks?

luciddepths
10-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Gotta Try!

Hoopty
10-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Riestrella - You actually got me hooked on theBerry since I saw you mention it in a different thread. I saw that picture above this morning and immediately thought about this challenge, lol!

--

So we threw a birthday party for my mom on Saturday and I actually didn't do too bad (considering that I usually stuff my face like there's no tomorrow!). HOWEVER, I couldn't let all that delicious cake go to waste so I had a lot (lot lot lot...like too much!) yesterday. What a terrible excuse. I was PMS-ing like crazy, I knew nobody would eat the cake, it was Football Sunday and I simply couldn't resist.
I had a terrible stomach ache last night and this morning and (TMI!!!) spent a good amount of time on the toilet. My weight dropped from 148.2 lbs yesterday morning to 147.0 lbs though I ate very, very late last night (and I had french fries!).

Well, today has been good so far. I've been drinking lots of water/green tea, ate a healthy breakfast and plan on working out. I promised myself last night that I would stay 100% OP today. No more uber-cheat-days until DH's birthday on Nov 9th!

Mara
10-21-2013, 09:02 AM
I am joining ladies! I did set an ambitious goal, but I am just hoping to get close. :)

Song of Surly
10-21-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm going to sign up. I'm so bad for keeping track of my weight in the graph but only doing sporadic posting in the thread. With this Fall weather, I am having such a hard time staying motivated. All I want to do is EAT. I'm going to try and be a better poster.

I can't do my usual running right now due to some pain issues (Might be an ovarian cyst. Find out Thursday), but I'm going to try and keep a body-conscious state of mind with some yoga through-out the week until I get the go-ahead to start exercising more again.

My goal is ten pounds in ten weeks. I'm starting at 182.8 right now, and I'd like to be down to 172.8 by New Years.

LittleBlueCat
10-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Went to my very first cycling class today! Can I say, OMG? wow. My legs are wobbly, and even my arms are noodley... I must held on the handles too tight... for dear life...

lanabug
10-21-2013, 06:36 PM
No loss to record for me this week since I weigh in on Wednesdays and I don't wanna mess that up. Hopefully I've got something good for week 2!

Tohisha77
10-22-2013, 07:34 AM
I missed working out yesterday and binged:(
Not the whole day but later in the evening but I know I can't get down on myself and have to push through :)

By the grace of God,I will be at least 222lbs by next monday :)

Riestrella
10-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Well 10K training has started off with a big FAIL. I've caught a nasty cough along with the rest of Japan. Felt fever-y and tired for the past 2 days so haven't worked out. I feel like I'll be a coughing wreck if I attempted to run. But after sleeping loads I feel it lifting, so I'm hoping to begin for reals tomorrow.

I got to Skype with my Mum on Sunday, it's always nice talking to my parents (speaking to Dad Friday) but it makes me really want to be home already! 59 days to go. Can't wait for Halloween to be out of the way, because next stop is Christmas! I know Americans get Thanksgiving, but not for us Brits!

Hoopty - Yaay, another Berry girl! I love it, I check it almost every day. Glad the party went well! We all go overboard sometimes, it's hard to say no to cake! Although I think your body punished you enough for your slip up!!

Song of Surly - Welcome! Hope your pain goes away soon and you figure out what it is that's causing it =(. Let's do it! I want to lose 10 lbs too!

LittleBlueCat - Haha, good job on the workout!

LiannaKole
10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
There are so many parties and get-togethers this time of year. It's hard to navigate it and balance enjoying yourself and staying healthy.

I have a weekend getaway with some friends from high school coming up this weekend. There will be a LOT of heavy, rich foods within reaching distance 24/7. I'm trying to plan for how to avoid most of them. I might make a couple dishes that are lighter (and that I know the calories of - I'm a calorie counter) and take them to pass.

And I weigh in on Sundays, so I definitely don't want to slip right before my first weigh in for this challenge!

Anyone have tips on staying on plan through a party weekend?

luciddepths
10-22-2013, 08:20 PM
nothing for me either...been a little down and out...infection, cold, coldsore and then girl stuff.. LOL all within ONE week.

chubbySister
10-23-2013, 09:09 AM
There are so many parties and get-togethers this time of year. It's hard to navigate it and balance enjoying yourself and staying healthy.

I have a weekend getaway with some friends from high school coming up this weekend. There will be a LOT of heavy, rich foods within reaching distance 24/7. I'm trying to plan for how to avoid most of them. I might make a couple dishes that are lighter (and that I know the calories of - I'm a calorie counter) and take them to pass.

And I weigh in on Sundays, so I definitely don't want to slip right before my first weigh in for this challenge!

Anyone have tips on staying on plan through a party weekend?

So I don't have tips to get through the weekend except to try really really hard to drink water, not go to any event starving, etc (the usual) but if you find any more, please let me know! My sister's wedding is not this weekend but next weekend, and I know I'll be confronted with lots of cake and bacon-wrapped shrimp screaming at me to be eaten!!

So I propose this: how about we make a deal. We both try to be moderate in what we eat. Obviously party weekends are meant to be enjoyed, but we can still have fun and participate in events without stuffing cake down our throats. If you try and control yourself, I'll do so as well!

Espronceda
10-23-2013, 11:54 AM
LiannaKole & chubbySister One thing that's helped me avoid unnecessary foods is to realize that in 10 minutes, it really doesn't matter if you ate the cake or bacon or whatever. I have dietary restrictions, and one Thanksgiving there weren't any desserts I could eat, so I sat awkwardly while everyone else had pumpkin pie and cookies, feeling pretty down that I couldn't have any. Fifteen minutes later everyone was done and we were chatting and playing games, and for some reason it really hit me how fleeting my sadness had been. Even though it felt so important in the moment, I'd forgotten it so soon. Ever since then it doesn't affect me when I can't eat something that other people can.

Good luck with your parties - you can do it!

lanabug
10-23-2013, 12:36 PM
So I saw a major post TOM drop today (-5.5lbs!!) and it made me realize how low I set the bar for myself for this challenge. I know it may be water weight and I may bounce back up next week, but hey, as of right now my goal is only 8lbs away for the whole 2 months! heck nawww. Gonna lower that sucker from 225 to 218 :)

Lianna, echoing the others my main tip is to make sure you eat before the party! I know that kind of seems pointless because of course there's going to be a ton of food, but there's likely to be a ton of off plan food it's easier to say no when you're not starving. An alternative to that is to bring something to share that is OP for you, so you can eat with everyone else without breaking the calorie bank. Also... it's ok to have a little something! If it won't trigger a binge for you, a cookie here and there is not going to kill you. I know it adds up, but going to a Christmas party and eating one cookie is NOT what made me fat lol. Just remember that failing to plan is planning to fail and you should be good to go!

Campana
10-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Hello everyone. I would like to join this challenge. I am looking forward to loosing 15 lbs. I am very optimistic that I will reach that goal. Wishing all of us good luck!

luciddepths
10-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Finally feeling better today! Going to give Insanity a re-start.

Marniadec
10-23-2013, 03:07 PM
I lost 4.4 lbs this week and then I put in that I lost 3 because I didn't know what day it was when I posted. :p

I've been doing badly this week. I ate a lot on Monday. Yesterday I was doing great but then I was like, screw it, I'll have another meal and go up to 1800 calories. And today Today I did well until lunch but then I decided to eat the leftover bread (which was the whole slice, really) with chocolate spread. So I'll probably go up to 1513 calories. That's not too bad but I was supposed to eat 883 calories today to make up for Monday. I need to snap out of it.

kisskiss
10-23-2013, 03:11 PM
LittleBlueCat:
nice job! I love workouts that make me feel like that because it shows you went at it hard :D

Tohisha77:
good attitude, one mistake won't stop you. keep at it!

LiannaKole:
I would stick to the lower calorie stuff and try not to snack on lots of items. May be bring your own snacks and drink lots of water. Oh, and have FUN!

Riestrella: you're sick, it's not a fail! I have my first official 10k this Sunday. I started coughing today, and I feel like I might be getting sick. I don't know if I should run if I do get sick. Ugh, hopefully I'll be fine.

lanabug:
wow, 5.5 lbs? that's awesome. :carrot:

luciddepths:
woot woot, I've also started Insanity. it's so hard for me, but I like it.
I actually saw 141 after staying in the 143-145 zone for like a few weeks. So excited that I may see a 3 in that middle number :) I'm feeling a little sick, but hopefully I don't get sick. I was planning on playing hooky on Friday to go to Six Flags this Friday. But, I may actually be sick! lol. Good luck everyone.

LiannaKole
10-23-2013, 04:54 PM
So, technically I weighed in at 162.8 during my most recent weigh in (that's 3.8 lbs down from my last weigh in). That's nice, but I distrust it because I was sick all last week and was likely dehydrated when I weighed. I bet myself $50 that there will be an uptick in my weight for next week. Oh well. It's nice to see the number, though!

---

Thanks for the tips, guys!

chubbySister: It's a deal! We'll do what we need to do to have fun but also keep a hold of ourselves. :) And I hope you have a good time at your sister's wedding!

Espronceda: That's a good point. I'll keep that in mind when confronted with loads of party food! My problem is that sometimes I get weirdly fixated on the food and am so distracted that I'm not having fun anymore. At that point the best strategy is a tactical retreat. :nod:

lanabug: Yep, I do try to eat before I go anywhere. Then I can nibble on other things and not go crazy. And congrats on your loss! 5.5 lbs is a lot!

kisskiss: I am definitely planning on having fun! And lots of it! :D And yep, I do want to bring some of my own foods to avoid hunger. There will not be much/any lower calorie foods there if I don't bring them myself. And congrats on the new low you saw! That's so exciting! And hopefully you feel better for your six flags day!

luciddepths
10-23-2013, 09:18 PM
It is VerY hard!!! I did it today, just about didn't make it... But got through it.

Lyndality
10-24-2013, 01:57 AM
I am in! 17 pounds targeted, I can do this!! Good luck to all you other chicks!

whatthefudge
10-24-2013, 04:05 PM
This week hasn't seen much net change for me, I'm still floating around 201 (my starting weight). This week was emotionally really rough, and even though I did well food-wise, I didn't work out much at all. My weight was anywhere from 201-204.5 this week. I had an allergy flare up on Saturday that gave me a rash all over my face and neck, and the doctor said it wouldn't be helpful to sweat in order to allow my skin to heal (and honestly I wasn't feeling up to it even if I could have worked out). It's fine now though, and I'm back on the workout wagon! :D

I really, really hope to get under 200 and into the 190s soon!

Hoopty
10-24-2013, 04:19 PM
I've been on plan since Monday, enjoyed a few bites of chocolate and ice cream (all within my calories though) but only worked out once. The weight has been coming off slowly which I am very happy with. On top of that, TOM surprised me this morning so we shall see how the rest of the week goes weight-wise.

Would love to post some personals but I'm on my phone and I absolutely hate this stupid touchscreen!!!

luciddepths
10-25-2013, 12:08 AM
oh no! Whatthefudge! hope you are doing ok now. I hate allergy flare ups :(

I havent' budged yet. Been on track with food, been tracking it now for about a week. Keeping focused guys, keeping focused :)

seaurchin
10-25-2013, 12:15 AM
I just joined I added my weight loss from the last week. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of the year.

seaurchin
10-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Sorry, just noticed this was in the 20 something forum. Though I would love to be 20 something, i'm not. Cn I still join?

goldengirlamy
10-25-2013, 12:35 AM
No change for me. I started birth control two months and I think its really messing with my body. Im thinking of going off of it and seeing if there is a change. Ever since I have been on it I cry at the drop of a hat and I feel hungry all the time. I take the pill everyday at the same exact time so I really dont think I am pregnant. Guess Ill find out in a week when AF comes right? I really think I need to join a gym though and not rely on my free gym at my apartment because it just isnt enough motivation. I eat healthy and very little junk or processed food...im running 30 minutes 3 times a week. I just dont get it.

Riestrella
10-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Sorry, just noticed this was in the 20 something forum. Though I would love to be 20 something, i'm not. Cn I still join?

Of course!

Douglassek
10-25-2013, 08:25 AM
I waited all week to see if I'd drop any weight. The lowest I weighed in this week is 0.2 lbs more than my start weight, dang it. I had a death in my family a couple of weeks ago and I really fell off the wagon. I'm starting to get back in a groove this week. I'm hopeful that I can continue to climb back on the wagon. Good luck on week 2 everyone!

chubbySister
10-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Well LiannaKole, enjoy your weekend! I guess I'll find out Monday how much I can stuff my face the following weekend :)

luciddepths I'm with you. I haven't budged yet either, but there's still 9 weeks left! We can do this! Good luck with Insanity. My roommate and I did it 2 years ago in the basement of our apartment building (after our downstairs neighbors politely asked us to stop jumping since their frames were falling off the walls). It was super fun!

Good luck to everyone in week 2! Let's all try and stay on plan this weekend!

183StGB
10-26-2013, 12:25 AM
hi you guys,

I tried pushing my weight update back as far as possible, hoping I'd actually be able to post a loss, but didn't work :/ well, not gaining is a win, right?
maybe next week ;)

take care everyone!

seaurchin
10-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Weighed in a couple of days early since i'm leaving on vacation. Not a great week, but no gain either.

whatthefudge
10-26-2013, 11:35 AM
@luciddepths: Thanks! It's all better now! AND I lost some weight finally. We've all been there with the weeks where the numbers refuse to go down even though you do everything right. It's frustrating but you're on the right track; persistence is everything. I hope you see some change soon!

I finally broke under 201 after seeing that number for more than a week. I'm officially under the 200 mark at 199.4 :D Just barely under, but it still counts. I have a big party this weekend and seeing this on the scale is extra motivation to not go too off my plan :)

Dreamer2012
10-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Put off weighing until the last day. I'm up 2lbs. I've been working out hard at the gym but I know it's all the bad foods I've been having. Yesterday was a good and I was hoping for a little loss but nope. Onwards and upwards, onto week 2.

Hoopty
10-27-2013, 08:55 AM
I waited until today with the weighing, as well. I weighed in at 145.8 lbs on Friday and then 144.2 lbs yesterday and I was so shocked surprised that I told myself I would wait until today. So this morning I weighed in at 144.0 lbs :eek: It's probably a TOM whoosh but hey, I'll take it. And then also, I binged on chocolate and ice cream yesterday. So I thought my weight was gonna be up today but it wasn't. In fact, I lost another 0.2 lbs. :)

On to week 2!

chubbySister
10-27-2013, 09:26 AM
I also delayed the weigh-in to see if I'd lose, but alas, nothing. Congrats to all those who lost, even if it's just .5! And for those of us that didn't lose or may have gained a pound or two, on to week 2!

Song of Surly
10-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Well, I lost 2.2 pounds this week. :eek: I should be really excited, but it's not exactly the way I wanted to do it. I've had some major tummy trouble this week. Either I caught a touch of a stomach bug, or it's related to this larger trouble with my abdomen.

All of my stuff from the obgyn came back perfecto this week, which is great news, I know. Even my hormones are almost at normal levels, and there are no cysts on my ovaries. Great news for a PCOS girl. I was hoping for an answer for some of this abdominal pain, however. A cyst, considering my condition, seemed like the obvious answer. I'm being referred to a gut doctor, and I'm so excited for another dozen rounds of expensive blood work and invasive ultrasounds. I'm doing a food diary for a week before I make an appointment to see if he or she can relate any of my pain to any certain foods.

Ugh, sorry for the boring medical complaining. I've not told my family because they are COMPLETE worry-warts, and we've had a lot of medical worries recently (sister had a miscarriage, Mom had a heart-attack, and Dad just had to undergo back surgery). I really didn't want to worry them without cause, but it leaves me without much room to talk.

I've got to work on lesson plans and my yearly goals right now. If I have time this evening, I'll come back and do personals. :) Congratulations to everyone who has lost so far!!

goldengirlamy
10-28-2013, 12:30 AM
So im feeling super motivated ATM. I think I have small goals in perspective and Im ready to begin to work at them mentally and physically. Dh and I suffered a miscarriage this summer and while im over it and ready to move on DH isnt. Thats okay but I think no matter what I partially blame my weight even though I was eating super healthy at the time. Anyways...I want a baby and DH isnt ready yet so Im seizing this time while he still heals to get my body in real shape for that. Maybe in a year...maybe in two years he will be ready...but im not about to pressure him about it. We are young and have plenty of time. However I think I need to feel like Im doing something to prepare for the process of trying again and working out being healthy is a huge push for me.
I also was reminded about the military ball this dec. And Ive never been to one. DH and I have never been to a formal event besides our wedding and I kinda want to go. I think its plausible to lose 10 lbe before the ball. all of my smaller goals lead to big goals. Small goals like the ball, summer next year, visiting my family in the spring who hasnt seen me in a year because we live overseas, looking fit and healthy when I look for a serious grown up job after we.move next year...all leads to big goals...graduate school graduation, europe trip in 2015, hopefully a baby eventually, Its all about perspective right?
I often use the excuse that I dont have time but I need to have time for me, for my body, my career (because yes, appearing healthy is important in a professional), and ultimately starting a family with my husband.

Riestrella
10-28-2013, 05:54 AM
Here is the chart from week 1! Congrats to ToastedSmoke who's taken the top spot and leading the way for an awesome challenge! The spreadsheet I use to make the chart is view able via the tabs at the bottom of the main spreadsheet.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week1_zpsb29df120.jpg

Riestrella
10-28-2013, 05:57 AM
Yay! I'm in the top 20! Only just, haha.

After feeling really depressed recently things are starting to look up. Need to think positively and stop dwelling on what can't be. I'm looking forward to Christmas more than anyone right now, I can't wait to be with my family and friends again! I Skyped with my Dad on Saturday and my sister and her son surprised me by being there. So I got to see my baby nephew! He was super shy, it was cute.

10K training hasn't been going very well...because I haven't done a thing! But I've got 3 days off this week (starting right now!) so I've NO EXCUSE not to go on a run. I have to train or I'll shame myself in the 10K!

grapefruit
10-28-2013, 06:27 AM
Hi everyone sorry I didn't weigh in in Week 1! Bad start, right!? I will this week, I promise. I have been feeling a bit stressed out and didn't want to weigh in and see a gain and depress myself :/ But I need to make sure I stay accountable so I will be weighing in on Saturday morning.

Katzepatra
10-28-2013, 01:36 PM
I joined and ironically I am about to drag my boyfriend to go ring shopping before heading to a concert. We said before we wanted to get married Halloween 2013 however, we have gone back and forth with what we want: I want to take a real vacation and come back married, he wants a full wedding! Couldn't reach a compromise so everything kind of went on hold. We have almost found a compromise though - we are friends with a guy in one of our favorite bands who previously married another couple (also fans) out in Cali so we are thinking of getting married by him next year. We used to live out in SoCal so we would have friends to invite and a few family members who would also be able fly out with us.

I personally want to remove the "new years resolution" I have made for more years then I can count - it makes me feel bad as I have never completed it. I don't expect to be at my goal weight but I will settle for being able to fit into most of my closet. I know its a stretch, I put onto the sheet my goal is 21 pounds however if I can get more off, I will. I'm going HAM in November as I will be seeing a friend of mine I haven't seen in 6 months at thanksgiving.

I have to figure out how to eat clean at work - we have no refrigerator or microwave and my salon is in a mall so the food is terrible there.

dee086
10-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I'd love to join! My goal is to lose 31 lbs but hopefully it'll kickstart loss for next summer

zoesmom
10-28-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm so in :)

LucyOlivia
10-28-2013, 08:39 PM
I weighed in on Friday but it didn't pull through! I just realised now and added my Friday weight. I hope that's ok, sorry! I guess the work internet doesn't work on 3fc spreadsheets!

Riestrella
10-28-2013, 08:55 PM
How is everyone? I am now off for 3 whole days! Woohoo! Going to go to my boyfriends place since he lives in a cool city and spend my time shopping. I'm not a shopaholic or anything, I just NEVER shop for myself so I'm really excited to. I need to remember that if I buy clothes I need FITTED clothes, not baggy ones! I'm also going to go Christmas shopping, there's an amazing shop called Loft that has loads of different floors of weird and wonderful things. I've been slowly buying Christmas presents for a while so I'm not buying them all at once and being broke over the holidays. So far so good!

Weight today was a little higher but not as high as I thought, 158.5 lbs from 158.2 lbs. But I had a bad week but today is the day I start exercising! Since it's raining and I don't have adequate outdoor running gear for this weather I'm going to do Insanity. I've done it before and had great results so hopefully the intensity and the plyometric elements will improve my running performance for the 10K. Mum has already began running, so I need to keep up!

---

grapefruit - I know how you feel, but it's best to admit to the gain than to just ignore it. Besides, if you don't weigh in for 2 weeks you'll be moved to Standby!

Kat - Welcome! A lot of the Mum's at my school send their kids little bento lunch boxes for lunch. They just keep an ice pack in with their lunch so it stays cool. Usually there's rice, cooked vegetables, perhaps some sort of cooked meat with fruit for dessert. It's all Japanese food, so they're master of the bento lunches, but you might want to consider something similar that you don't need to re-heat.

Lucy - Sometimes you have to wait for the spreadsheet to automatically save before leaving the page. It's fine if you enter it after the deadline, it just means your weight won't be added to the overall chart!

alicrimson88
10-28-2013, 09:41 PM
So...scale says I gained over 3lbs this week, but I don't know how that's possible. I weighed tonight on a full stomach, and I was 2lbs lighter than this morning. Going to write down the higher weight, but will likely use tomorrow's as I think think it's a fluke.

Riestrella
10-28-2013, 10:36 PM
So...scale says I gained over 3lbs this week, but I don't know how that's possible. I weighed tonight on a full stomach, and I was 2lbs lighter than this morning. Going to write down the higher weight, but will likely use tomorrow's as I think think it's a fluke.

It's best to weigh in the morning after you've used the bathroom with no clothes on. If you stick to weighing in at the same time every day you'll get a better idea of how much you actually weigh. Fluctuations occur rapidly throughout the day and can cause confusion! If you forget to weigh in in the morning, just don't weigh in and do it the next day. I always note down my lowest weight for a little morale booster, but each to their own!!

Campana
10-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone!! I see there are already oeiple who have lost weight! Goood job all! I jpined this challenge on Wednesday so I wont be recordong my weight until Wed of this week however I wanted to sto by and read about all of your success! I really hope to cone back in a couple of days with some weightloss.

goldengirlamy
10-29-2013, 12:18 AM
I had a realization the other night when searching for clothes to add to my Christmas wishlist.I realized that I am among the largest size in the regular womens depart. And if I dont make a change Ill have to go over to plus size....I dont want to do that. I looked at plus size for gifts for my mom, sister, and brothers girlfriend and it was not cute. Also realizing I come from a fat family and may always be a little fat but I can still be healthy.
Also preworkout today my.scale said 193! I lost 3 pounds after AF came to visit thia week!
Also its all about positive thinking. Im eliminating cant from my vocabulary. I was at the gym today and I got tired and said okay I cant do this anymore then I immediately said no. Cant isnt going to happen. I refuse and went on to do two more sets of lunges and squats to complete my 90 minute workout I said I would do.

grapefruit
10-29-2013, 03:24 AM
grapefruit - I know how you feel, but it's best to admit to the gain than to just ignore it. Besides, if you don't weigh in for 2 weeks you'll be moved to Standby!

I know I know! I will be weighing in :D And I've surprised myself, I've dropped 2lbs! I think it's because I have been watching my food more than I gave myself credit for - after lugging myself out of bed to weigh in it's a nice surprise. I'm sorting out a proper exercise programme today and making sure I stick with it, too.

Well done everyone who's lost weight this week :carrot: we can definitely accomplish this :)

chubbySister
10-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I had a realization the other night when searching for clothes to add to my Christmas wishlist.I realized that I am among the largest size in the regular womens depart. And if I dont make a change Ill have to go over to plus size....I dont want to do that. I looked at plus size for gifts for my mom, sister, and brothers girlfriend and it was not cute. Also realizing I come from a fat family and may always be a little fat but I can still be healthy.
Also preworkout today my.scale said 193! I lost 3 pounds after AF came to visit thia week!
Also its all about positive thinking. Im eliminating cant from my vocabulary. I was at the gym today and I got tired and said okay I cant do this anymore then I immediately said no. Cant isnt going to happen. I refuse and went on to do two more sets of lunges and squats to complete my 90 minute workout I said I would do.

Good job! I also didn't feel like going to the gym yesterday. My whole schedule was off due to a scheduled meeting which was canceled at last minute!! But after work I was like "just go to the gym for 40 minutes. you can do 40 minutes." and i did and then felt great! So good job to us both!

goldengirlamy
10-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Great to hear chubby! I am definately sore and I almost said no to working out but thwn I got myself up and said no Im sore but I can walk. Ill go and do a long tredmill walk if anything

Riestrella
10-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Hey guys! So I'm at my boyfriends now, I woke up this morning feeling like cr@p. I think I'm super dehydrated. It doesn't help that I have a chesty cough that makes me cough like a smoker when I wake up. Today I'm going to RUN. It's going to be a short one to ease me into it, just one lap around the local park. Then I'm going to go shopping in Shinjuku, head on over to h&m since it's the only shop in Tokyo that doesn't intimidate me. They have loads of boutiques here so I have to ask for sizes (for one, I don't know how to do!) and I just know they don't stock fat sizes! Japanese women are teeny. I did a super quick strength workout last night, it really was about 10-15 minutes of lunges and squats. Kinda sucky, but I guess it's better than nothing? Felt my heart rate go up so I guess it counts!!

---------------

golden - I know how you feel, when I was at my highest weight I was getting into sizes that were on the cusp of being plus sized. But it's great you're having a revelation, because that means you'll see success! You CAN do it!!

grapefruit - Congrats!! What kind of exercise will you be doing?

goldengirlamy
10-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Risterella I am in Seoul Korea so I feel your pain! Asian stuff is soooo cute but I was just not made from it. We have about 6 more months here...so even if I lost 50 pounds and were a single digit size...Id still be lucky to be able to squeeze into some clothing from here!

grapefruit
10-30-2013, 06:10 AM
Hey guys! So I'm at my boyfriends now, I woke up this morning feeling like cr@p. I think I'm super dehydrated. It doesn't help that I have a chesty cough that makes me cough like a smoker when I wake up. Today I'm going to RUN. It's going to be a short one to ease me into it, just one lap around the local park. Then I'm going to go shopping in Shinjuku, head on over to h&m since it's the only shop in Tokyo that doesn't intimidate me. They have loads of boutiques here so I have to ask for sizes (for one, I don't know how to do!) and I just know they don't stock fat sizes! Japanese women are teeny. I did a super quick strength workout last night, it really was about 10-15 minutes of lunges and squats. Kinda sucky, but I guess it's better than nothing? Felt my heart rate go up so I guess it counts!!

---------------

golden - I know how you feel, when I was at my highest weight I was getting into sizes that were on the cusp of being plus sized. But it's great you're having a revelation, because that means you'll see success! You CAN do it!!

grapefruit - Congrats!! What kind of exercise will you be doing?

I'll be doing a lot of running because I enjoy it although unfortuntely it'll be in the gym because unlike at home, at university there aren't many great places to run outside! I'm also planning to do more yoga, and strength classes once or twice a week at my gym. I also play netball for a team here. :p

I'd love to go to Tokyo, are you based out there for work? I know what you mean about clothes shops in Asia though, when I've been there I just stick to the Western chain shops, which is a shame but necessary a lot of the time!

grapefruit
10-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Just did a Piloxing class - supposed to be pilates and boxing, actually more like trying (unsuccessfully) to follow dance steps to too-loud music and an annoying curly haired loud lady who wants you to shout things like 'Yeah! I'm strong and sexy!' NEVER AGAIN.

Campana
10-30-2013, 10:10 AM
So today is Wed one week since I signed up an I lost nothing:( I've been excercising but obviously that isnt enough. I know I can eat healthier I just thought a little sweet here and there wouldnt hurt but I see not! I need to step it up in order to meet my 15 lbs goal.

Shaunalynn
10-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Alright, I have an 18 pound loss goal. Let's do this!

kisskiss
10-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Just did a Piloxing class - supposed to be pilates and boxing, actually more like trying (unsuccessfully) to follow dance steps to too-loud music and an annoying curly haired loud lady who wants you to shout things like 'Yeah! I'm strong and sexy!' NEVER AGAIN.
haha this sounds hilarious! were people really into the yelling they were strong and sexy?

So today is Wed one week since I signed up an I lost nothing:( I've been excercising but obviously that isnt enough. I know I can eat healthier I just thought a little sweet here and there wouldnt hurt but I see not! I need to step it up in order to meet my 15 lbs goal.
there can be a lot of factors to not losing anything this week, just keep at it :D

Alright, I have an 18 pound loss goal. Let's do this! Welcome!
__________________________________________________ ____________

yay it's wednesday! I am feeling a little better since I pulled my back. Hopefully, I can do some light exercise this weekend. I'm at 140, so very close to my goal of 135. Hopefully I'll see a 3 in my weight by the end of the week.

kitkat2114
10-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi ladies,

I know I'm a weigh in late but I'd love to join. I've been a frequent lurker but very limited poster on here over the years.

I have a vacation somewhere tropical coming up around new years so this is a great challenge for me. I'm also finishing up my final semester of nursing school so I'm ready to kick the 15 lbs I've put on during university. (at least it was over 4 years and not a just freshman thing lol)

Riestrella
10-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Yesterday I ran for the first time in a month! I looked at my Zombies, Run app and my last run was at the end of September. The weather was perfect and I felt a spring in my step so I really enjoyed it. I only ran about 1.75 miles, so not quite the 2 miles that I have on my schedule, but it was still close enough! I think I did a 12 minute/mile, I didn't time myself properly. My headphones crapped out on me too, I put my iPod in between the 2 bras I wear so I was fiddling with the headphone cable...got a lot of weird looks from people! But oh well.

Today I'm going to go again, same distance but now with new headphones!

Yesterday I did a lot of shopping, got myself a brand new coat which was a pretty big deal for me! It's poofy and warm but it's got a waist belt so it doesn't make me look like a marsh mellow. I also got a nice knitted jumper, then did some Christmas shopping. I did my usually "better pick L size" but ended up being an M! Even for the coat, which I usually have trouble with because the zip or buttons are really stretched around my chest, but nope! No problem zipping up my new coat! So happy. I probably could have bought the jumper in an S but it would have been snug and I liked the looser feeling of the M.

Funny story, one time on my way to work a guy started talking to me and asked me stuff like "what are you doing in Japan" "how long have you lived here" then he asked "do you wanna go for lunch?" I panicked and gave him my number with no intention of actually meeting him, a big no no I NOW know but I never really got cornered like that before.

So anyway, yesterday in a completely different place he comes over to me and says "hey beautiful" I was like uhhhhh. He had texted me loads (I never replied) but then gave up so I thought he might say something. But he had no idea who I was!! He had completely forgotten he had met me!! In hindsight I wish I would have just said "please leave me alone" but I guess I'm not ballsy enough to do that! I just played along like we had never met, gave him a fake name (but no number this time) and mentioned that I had a boyfriend. It was so weird though! He said he wanted to "meet a beautiful woman like you" and stay in Japan. I was thinking you're not gonna get a woman by just harassing them in the street!

---

goldengirl - I know, right?! It's funny because sometimes I see overweight women and I feel like asking "where do you buy your clothes?!" because most of the time they still wear pretty cute clothes!

grapefruit - Sounds like we have similar workout desires! I should fit in Yoga more often, and I like to strength train too. Man, I feel your pain for running indoors! I can't do it personally but better than nothing. I was about to say, are you from the UK? before seeing it in your profile! Oh, Netball, I really hated it in high school! I just wanted to play basketball! Hated standing still with the ball!! LOL about your Piloxing class! What the actually eff?! That sounds embarrassing for HER. Would never have mixed pilates with boxing...

Campana - Yeah, you have to change your lifestyle to see a weight change. It's ok to have sweets once in a while but it won't help you lose weight!

kisskiss - Glad your back is feeling better! I'm rooting for you!

kitkat - Welcome! Please weigh in this week! Or you'll get moved to standby (I move people if I see 2 "-" marks!) since I just go on autopilot!

Lyndality
10-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Hey ladies, just had my weekly weigh in. Well, I weighed in twice, actually. Stupidly went to the gym before my usual weigh in, and of course gulped down the water... Resulting in a .2 pound loss. Needed a bit of a motivational boost this week so went back an hour or so later to weigh in again. And second time was a charm, with 2 pounds down! Yeah! Need to keep my focus this week. Saturday I am off to the races, into the fancy corporate marquee area. Which means free flowing alcohol and finger food. Yeah! But yikes! All my resolve goes out the window after a few glasses of bubbles. But I am not going to not drink. I will just have to try my hardest to keep it under control and not go too crazy. That's my plan, anyway... !

KTB
10-31-2013, 12:19 AM
I just added my name to the spreadsheet.

For some reason I really like to buckle down with my diet and fitness at the end of the year. I am odd?

grapefruit
10-31-2013, 04:52 AM
haha this sounds hilarious! were people really into the yelling they were strong and sexy?

Haha no! There were only four people in there (one of which was a middle aged guy) and that made it even worse!!

Riestrella I love netball! We lost our match but it's the first time we've lost this season and we gave them a good run for their money.

The worst thing about running indoors for me is not being able to go straight out the front door into a run - it takes an hour out of the day rather than half an hour :halfempty BUT I am liking getting the updates to this thread via email in the morning, can sit here with my coffee and get my motivation for the day!

grapefruit
10-31-2013, 04:53 AM
I just added my name to the spreadsheet.

For some reason I really like to buckle down with my diet and fitness at the end of the year. I am odd?

Welcome! :D

You're not odd, the end of the year is a great time to start for summer! (Maybe there's also an element of running out of time too, haha ;) )

goldengirlamy
10-31-2013, 08:13 AM
There is never a bad time to start, welcome!

kitkat2114
10-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Riestrella- Thanks, I added my week 2 weight, down a wee bit but I think it's just water so far, nonetheless yay!

Grapefruit- the more you talk about the piloxing class the funnier it gets!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Campana
10-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi! Well Im back m last post here I was kind of discurraged. I have bee excersising and eating healthy until the evening when I get an urge for something sweet. For the last ciuple of days I have carefully selected what I eat and the scale is showing the results of my selections I am down to 206. That is 2 lbs from yesterday. How did it happen IDK but I will take it.

chubbySister
10-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Good job campana and kitkat! Any downward trend (even a small one) is better than nothing!

Once again I have not moved at all. I guess no movement is better than upward movement! I normally weigh myself Sundays but did it this morning before I leave for the weekend. Not looking forward to this wedding, but on the bright side: it will keep me away from the 50% off candy shelves!!

Happy Halloween everyone! When co-workers are passing around peanut butter cups, let's imagine ourselves in our LBDs on New Year's Eve!!

Hoopty
10-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone,

My scale has been super nice to me these past few days. However, I'm very skeptical...I went from 146lbs to 142.2lbs in 7 days! I did come off a binge though AND got TOM when I weighed 146lbs so maybe most of that was just water. I don't feel like I lost that much. I can't really see it which is why I'm just trying to go with it and see what happens. I have been eating healthy (with the occasional chocolate bar or ice cream) and I know that I'm doing everything right, so yeah, we'll see.

Gotta get up at 4am, so no personals for now.. I'm glad to hear though that most of us are doing great! :cheer:

Oh and - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

envymegz
10-31-2013, 08:01 PM
hi! I added my name into the spreadsheet. Hoping to lose some lbs with you guys:)

alicrimson88
10-31-2013, 11:49 PM
So, very discouraged today. I saw a pic from last night's halloween party. I look disgusting. I've gotten so huge. It's gross. I really just want to stay in until I lose 20 lbs. Sucks.

goldengirlamy
11-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Crimson- sometimes we get that way, but you need to change your POV on that picture, and say, I may not like the way I look but I can change, I CAN do this. Being Positive is what got me through this week.

Day off has been nice. Went to a cafe for breakfast but they had nothing healthy (could not even get a wheat bagel!?) I got a regular bagel with cream cheese and only ate a half of it. It honestly wasn't good enough to cheat with. The bread was very dry, and the cream cheese they gave me had no flavor. I took my coffee, hopped on the subway and went out shopping some. Got some great deals at H&M (Actually found somethings in the LARGEST sizes however) for winter and now back home.

I can really see some positive changes in my attitude lately. I came home and in the past I might be like, well I walked a lot so that was my workout, but I never got my heart rate up, so after lunch I'm heading over to the gym here to go for a quick run. I took yesterday off because I was pretty sore. Even for lunch, I was feeling like a big juicy burger or some fried orange chicken sounded sooo good, but then I came home instead and am having a healthy lunch and I feel so much better about it!

I can honestly say to those struggiling, starting to make healthy choices is the hardest part, stick with it for even three days, you will get through. Of course you will crave the junk food, the chemicals in it tell your brain that they taste better, but your body needs healthier food to survive. Thinking of this has really gotten through this week.

I didn't binge on Halloween. I had one pumpkin spice cupcake (it was medium size, about average) and that's it. I didn't want more, I didn't need more. Proud of me this week!

Campana
11-01-2013, 09:51 AM
ChubbySister thanks!! Good luck I hope you loose some weight by Sunday just stay away from the candy.

kitkat2114
11-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I managed to do okay yesterday. I ate quite well in the daytime and had a great cardio based workout at the gym. At work however (I'm a server for a couple more months until I write my nursing exam and get my licence and what not) I ate probably about 1100 calories of creamy risotto and random fries. My total for the day was ~1800 so not the end of the world. I was really in a sad mood at work and needed that comfort. I went to the bars after for halloween and had only club soda and water and danced my tush off. I had a blast. I felt pretty good is my costume too which was pretty little.

Goldengirlarmy: I hate when the junk isn't even enjoyable! But great job on the attitude and the muffin sounds delish.

Envymegs: welcome!

Hoopty: That's awesome, way to go on the loss

Alicrimson: I'm so sorry you feel that way. I sometimes feel like I look great before I go out then I see a photo and my whole perspective changes. Using it as positive motivation is okay I think, but remember too how many bad photos there are of beautiful slender celebrities in the tabloids. One bad angle and everyone has a gut and cellulite.

Chubbysister: I ordered my new years dress! It should be great motivation when it arrives. (not even sure what I'm doing yet but I will be well dressed hahaha)

NotSoLittleTimbit
11-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Its sooo hard to avoid mini Halloween Chocolates!!!

Good Luck to Everyone!!!!

luciddepths
11-01-2013, 10:16 PM
down 2lbs!

183StGB
11-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I weighed-in as low as 173.9 this week, but then turned Halloween and yesterday into some kind of free-for-all days -- 175 today. A loss is a loss though, and slow and steady wins the race ;)
I'll have my wisdom teeth pulled Monday, so no exercise for two weeks from then on. Well, you lose weight in the kitchen anyways, right?

Have a very successful week, until next Saturday :)

grapefruit
11-02-2013, 04:47 AM
Happy Saturday morning everyone, I weighed in this morning at 70.0kg (154.3lbs, loss of 0.7kg or just over 1.5lbs)

:carrot:

Happy with that! Especially considering my food hasn't been perfect and nor has my exercise regime! I think myfitnesspal really helps to be honest. I have done some slight jiggling to my numbers though and moved what was apparently this week's weight to last week (when it actually was) so that I can put today's as the week of 28/11.

I think I might smash my November 5lb goal!

kitkat2114
11-02-2013, 10:53 AM
183stGB- That soup and apple sauce for the first few days might over rule the lack of exercise lol. I hope they give you the good stuff ;)

kitkat2114
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Also, newbie question for riestrella: Do I post my weight on here just in a normal post or in the spreadsheet?

Katzepatra
11-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I got on the scale this morning to see the damage from mountains of peanut butter cups and :mad: I will report my official weight on 11/4 to see if I can shave a tad of it off. I don't want this cheat to skew my weight loss too much and I would feel better reporting the same weight as last week then reporting a gain.

I'm currently making a very ambitious workout plan for a hybrid T25 & Insanity - I did do a near full round of Insanity (I got sick and stopped) this summer which did help with me loosing about 10 pounds. I've been pestering my sister to go running with me or walk on the trails but no such luck, shes been going out drinking with friends. I now don't see her as much since I don't drink, though I will make an exception for a few holidays - I've never had champagne on New Years and would like a glass this year to celebrate. I'm a bit nervous for Thanksgiving as I'll be seeing people I haven't in a long time and I don't want them to see me heavier then when they last saw me.

My goal for this up coming week is to drink lots and lots and lots of water and start daily food diaries again to get back on track with mindful eating. I need to eat more veggies, especially green ones which have been absent from my diet lately...not sure why since I LOVE spinach and broccoli. I was that weird kid in school who would ask other kids for their broccoli at lunch. :broc:

So if anyone else had a bit of trouble over the last few days, I'm sending you some :dust:

Ladybug10
11-02-2013, 11:17 PM
I take my nursing board exam next week. I'm trying so so hard not to binge out on food just due to stress and anxiety. I'm also going to try NOT to overindulge in celebrations if I pass or binge out in depression if I fail. :o

On a lighter note, I saw 134 today. Yay! Maybe I'll reach my goal weight way before New Year's. Not going to force myself though. I like slow and steady. Plus birthday and holiday celebrations are just a couple of weeks away. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :D

Riestrella
11-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Also, newbie question for riestrella: Do I post my weight on here just in a normal post or in the spreadsheet?

Spreadsheet!

goldengirlamy
11-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Indulging a bit tonight and making a cream cheese and pumpkin cake, lots of sugar is in it, but I plan on only having a slice and sending the rest with DH to work tomorrow, which I'm sure will come back an empty pan tomorrow night.
Wasn't so hot this weekend on plan, but I had a good time with my husband and in the end, living life is more important. :) Tomorrow I will hop back to the gym and continue on!

Hoopty
11-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Weighed-in at 143.0lbs yesterday and then 143.2lbs today so I'll write down yesterday's weight on the spreadsheet. I'm very happy with my losses so far. Not too fast and not too slow. I hope that I will keep this up. Dh's birthday is this upcoming Saturday which means junk food galore though, lol. I'm excited!

alicrimson88
11-03-2013, 11:42 AM
At 205.0 today. I guess last week was a little crazy. Sorry for all of the storm cloud behavior.

anity
11-03-2013, 12:48 PM
I've been gone for a while. I haven't been coping well with stress lately and I ended up messing up my diet. I missed the halloween challenge, I was so sad to realize that. :(

I'm finishing school and starting my expatriation process. I've quit my job, and I'm leaving my apartment, but I realize something could go wrong and I could suddenly find myself jobless, homeless and lost... so I have been really stressed out, even on the verge of depression. Well, I've decided I won't let this happen, so I'm starting running again. This should definitely make me feel better. And I'll keep going in this challenge, it'll make me feel I'm actually having some progress in something in my life. :D

Lyndality
11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Well, my blowout Satuday at the races turned into blowout Sunday hangover... So I weighed myself this morning and, gulp, the scale said 192 pounds. Sigh!! I am not going to get too hung up in that number, think I am retaining some water after my drinking on Saturday, but still! Holy moley, it's definite motivation to get back on the straight and narrow. This week, I'll be drinking lots and lots of water and focusing on exercise. Really hope I can get the scales back to where I was pre-blowout by the end of the week....

Riestrella
11-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Got a lot of chatter to catch up on, so forgive me if I miss anyone!

KTB - Definitely not odd! That's why I'm running this challenge!

grapefruit - It's good you can play on a team! Most of my friends in high school were on the Netball team, I always felt a bit weird not liking it!

Campana - When you watch what you eat and exercise the scale will show it! Nothing unusual!

chubbysister - I hear ya on staying the same! But I always feel like my weight is a reflection on my effort. If it doesn't change, then I need to change something about my diet or exercise. Thankfully I didn't do anything for Halloween, I live in Japan so it's not really a place that understands what to do if that makes sense. They just like Western holidays for the look but not the content!

Hoopty - Wow, you must be doing something right to get that loss! Well done! Up at 4am?! Ouch!!

alicrimson - Sometimes, pictures are the worse because it gives us something to criticize in depth. Recently I've started to leave my hair to dry naturally (I have wavy hair) and felt pretty confident about it. But a picture was taken and it just looks a mess! So I know how you feel, but try not let it bum you out and make you feel like you can't look back at that party and remember the good times. Let it motivate you! You can do this!

goldengirl - I went on a spree in H&M too! Completely drained my pocket though ;_;. Great job on resisting temptations and choosing the healthy route! That's awesome!! You're right, the hardest part is making the change, but your body will thank you for it!

kitkat - Glad you had a great time at the party. I know how you feel about eating guilty food when you feel down, but in the end it's not a great attitude to have. I suffer from it too, I have a bad day and I just want pizza and soda and chocolate!

183 - Slow and steady is best!! How come you can't work out? Could you go walking or do weights? But eating really healthy will aid your weight loss for sure.

Katzep - Don't worry about the gain! It happens! Life happens and sometimes we gain weight, it's not a big deal even though we wish we could just keep losing. That's a lot of exercise!! Make sure you give yourself a break, perhaps just do Insanity again since you saw a loss with it last time? Too much exercise might make you stall! You are quite strange for loving broccoli, but I wish I loved vegetables so you're lucky!!

Ladybug - Hang in there! Healthy food is good for your brain so think of it that way?! I always felt sluggish and unfocused after a junk food binge while working!

anity - Do you have somewhere to live? I think that's the most important thing! But yes, running will definitely help with your feelings towards life! I always feel depressed when I've not been exercising!

Lyndality - Drink lots and lots of water and I'm positive you'll see a loss!!

-----------------

As for me, I had a great week. I was off for 3 days mid week so I spent it shopping and working out. I went to a design festival on Saturday, I didn't really know what it was but it was basically a giant market place with awesome artwork and trinkets! Here's a picture of all the artwork prints I got:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1441442_10151923341228503_1097973284_n.jpg

And here's a picture of the handmade jewelry I bought:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1452156_10151923341588503_1414883763_n.jpg

So I got a great haul! We were walking for HOURS! The space was so big! So it felt like a workout in itself, my feet and legs were super sore afterwards. Yesterday was a bit of a fail day. Wasn't wise with food choices and didn't workout because I felt really weird. Today is a new day, so I'm going to drink lots of water and get moving! I gained a little, 0.4 lbs, but going to shift it by the end of the week!

goldengirlamy
11-04-2013, 03:34 AM
I struggled on the weekend! I had burger king on sat. Out of convience with DH then last night we had.impromptu date night (werent planning it) and then we ended up having burger night again!

Riestrella
11-04-2013, 04:20 AM
Week 2 chart!! Keep up the amazing work!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week2_zpsd11b0794.jpg

dehtripper
11-04-2013, 09:38 AM
That market sounds like fun Riestrella. I'm such a sucker for jewellery.

I dunno whether this week will be a loss or not but I've switched back to WW over using Lose It! I lost an average of 10lb/month for the first 6 months with WW. Obviously I could lose with either approach but I think the change-up will give me the motivation to try again. Soooo much harder to lose when I'm already pretty happy with my body. I also started hormonal birth control for the first time this week so who knows.

Tohisha77
11-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I have not been able to exercise those past two weeks due to severe back pain.
Turns out the zoloft I'm taking for DEPRESSION causes severe back pain.
I was literally in TEARS!
So my dosage was lowered and no more back pain,weird too,since the dosage was lowered I'm no longer binging like I was these past weeks.

Anyway,I'm back on track and doing the INTERMITTENT FASTING along w/ TOTAL BODY WORKOUTS :)

Stay strong everyone :)

Hoopty
11-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Riestrella - Wow, amazing artwork!! You must've been so happy you found those. The earrings are cute, too. Especially the little flower ones!

---

I've been jumping around between 143.2 lbs and 143.0 lbs, though I gotta say, my BM's had been absent for a couple of days until TODAY, FINALLY, lol! Also, I ate quite a lot of mint chocolate yesterday (and peanuts - SODIUM ALERT!) so I wasn't surprised that the scale didn't move this morning. Why am I rushing anyways? Well..I kinda wanna get close to 141 lbs by Saturday since it's DH's birthday that day and I'm gonna be eating tons of food.

Keep up the good work everyone! :broc:

Riestrella
11-05-2013, 03:07 AM
Hey everyone!

So I decided to start a new blog. I made a blog about all the random things going on in my life, but I realised it wasn't focused enough. So I decided to make a blog focused purely on weight loss. I've always liked the idea of running a semi-popular blog, and I've always liked keeping some sort of a journal, so I figured why not? I made a different thread in the forum, but here's the link if you're interested in seeing it: http://hippotohot.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I had a sh!tty day today! Was really lazy and had a ready meal and a coke =/. Need to get my attitude in order and start really focusing on training for the 10K. I'm not backing out of it so I might as well get to work and stop making up excuses!

----

dehtripper - How come you're continuing to lose despite being happy with your body? Personally if I felt I was perfectly happy with how I looked I would focus on maintaining rather than losing.

Hoopty - Thanks! It was hard not to buy more, there were hundreds of stalls. It's a shame I don't have a better quality camera on my iPod (could use my dslr, but that would be so much more effort!) to capture the quality of everything. I always use the lowest of my weights during the week. Slow is definitely better! Don't worry if you don't reach your 141 lbs goal by Saturday, enjoy yourself regardless!!

dehtripper
11-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Hmmmm, you make a very valid point. While I am overall happy as is, I still on riiiiiiight on the border/above the overweight/normal line for my height. Also, the the big tangible fatty bits left are almost all right around my waist (which isn't a good place to carry it). While I don't want to go crazy and never be happy, I know that there is still a bit a healthy weight to be lost. And I'm so close to my original goal!!! It just seems less of a pressing matter to lose the last 10 or so now that I'm healthy and generally comfortable.

I'm not much of a writer myself, I love ready healthy/weight loss blogs. Will definitely check it out!

Riestrella
11-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Hmmmm, you make a very valid point. While I am overall happy as is, I still on riiiiiiight on the border/above the overweight/normal line for my height. Also, the the big tangible fatty bits left are almost all right around my waist (which isn't a good place to carry it). While I don't want to go crazy and never be happy, I know that there is still a bit a healthy weight to be lost. And I'm so close to my original goal!!! It just seems less of a pressing matter to lose the last 10 or so now that I'm healthy and generally comfortable.

I'm not much of a writer myself, I love ready healthy/weight loss blogs. Will definitely check it out!

I see! I understand wanting to move away from the borderline so if you do regain a little bit you'll still be healthy.
I've never been a healthy weight in my adult life, so I'm really curious at what weight will I think "yup, I think I'm done!" I put 130 lbs because it's in the middle of the healthy range, but my friends seem to think that would be way too skinny. My best friend said she was at my goal weight and felt a bit too thin, but she doesn't realise being 2 inches taller than me makes a difference! But who knows, I might feel happy being 140 lbs.
Please do check out my blog! It makes ranting away all seem worth it if people actually take a look!!

IsobelRose22
11-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi Rie: Going to have to withdraw from this challenge. I have a half marathon to train for and I have decided that maintenance calories would better suit my training plan. However if you're still doing challenges in march 2014 I might join you then. Good luck everyone!!

Hoopty
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Riestrella - I checked out your blog and will definitely keep up with it! You got some amazing and entertaining writing skills, lol! Also, now that I actually saw your journey in pictures I gotta say - Wow! You've been doing really well so far! You've lost a lot! Hopefully the 10k will be the big motivator (again ;) ) and you can break out of your current not-so-healthy routine.

--

How's everyone been doing? I weighed-in at 141.6 lbs this morning, so I'm gonna wait and see if it sticks. Hopefully I'll stay in the 141 lbs range this week, that would be awesome :) So excited for DH's birthday!

kitkat2114
11-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Hi ladies, (all ladies I think). So the last couple days have been pretty good food wise. I made a food plan for the work week since I'm in full time placement at the hospital and working serving a few evenings. I tend to do well if I have my food planned and made. I did schedule in a few workouts but thus far they haven't actually happened.

I went out for dinner sunday night and overindulged when a friend suggested we share a dessert. I tend to weigh daily and was up .8 lbs from that night and only still working my way back down.

Lyndality
11-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Hello chicks, I've just come back from my weigh in and I am up an appalling 4 pounds! I am pretty devastated. I know I drank way more than I should have at the races over the weekend, and I have had a few less than perfect days... But 4 pounds??!! Come on!!! I am so angry with myself. It seems I still can't control what goes in my mouth unless I am watching myself super closely and being super strict. I honestly think I have an addiction problem with food. Grrr. Want to cry. Will have to stick to plan 100% this week. We are off to Bali for a holiday in about a weeks time. I can't wait but this gain has made me very paranoid about what I will eat, and kind of scared I will let that dictate how much fun I will have. Sigh. This is my first significant blowout/gain since I started my journey, and it's really doing my head in!

Riestrella
11-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Hey guys, there's a new post in my blog! Please have a look =) http://hippotohot.blogspot.com/

But in a nutshell, really enjoying having Insanity back in my life. I got an amazing weigh in of 156.7 lbs this morning, a 1.1 lb loss from yesterday!

---
Isobel - Good luck with your half marathon! I've moved you to standby, if you find you are losing and want back in just let me know.

Hoopty - I can't thank you enough for taking the time to read my blog! It's become like my pride and joy in the last week, I hope I can keep it up. Thank you so much for the encouragement! It's easy to forget where I came from at times, especially in this year long stall. Congrats on the loss! Enjoy your husband's birthday!!

kitkat - Planning ahead always helps me, good luck staying on track! It's ok that you slipped up a little, no ones going to yell at you but yourself! I think it's nice to have a treat every so often =)

Lynd - I think finding a balance between being strict and being easy going is a good way to go for quality of life. Sure, you probably would lose faster being super strict - but then you wouldn't be very happy when you're out and about and can't eat delicious food! I think slowing down when you eat is a good place to start. Always put your utensils down with each bite, chew a long time, talk to people. You might find yourself being full a lot quicker. I know I do, I inhale food that's my problem. If it's there, it's in ma belleh. You're probably up so much because of the drinking, drink LOTS of water and I'm sure you'll drop! Make sure to add a note in the spreadsheet if you're going away so I don't move you!

grapefruit
11-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Hello chicks, I've just come back from my weigh in and I am up an appalling 4 pounds! I am pretty devastated. I know I drank way more than I should have at the races over the weekend, and I have had a few less than perfect days... But 4 pounds??!! Come on!!! I am so angry with myself. It seems I still can't control what goes in my mouth unless I am watching myself super closely and being super strict. I honestly think I have an addiction problem with food. Grrr. Want to cry. Will have to stick to plan 100% this week. We are off to Bali for a holiday in about a weeks time. I can't wait but this gain has made me very paranoid about what I will eat, and kind of scared I will let that dictate how much fun I will have. Sigh. This is my first significant blowout/gain since I started my journey, and it's really doing my head in!

I am SO jealous you're going to Bali!!! I love it there, I went last summer. Whereabouts in Bali are you going to be for your holiday? You'll definitely be able to eat healthy food there as well and guessing you'll be fairly active, or if not active then at least quite hot and so less hungry. Enjoy it :) Doing any diving/snorkling?

:goodvibes: Morning everyone, just got in from a run, I'm at home instead of university so I can run in the countryside, it's so nice, although I feel less fit than last time I was running here (I did about half as far and burnt twice as many calories haha!) But going to use my week at home to get back into logging food and exercising and feeling healthy and less stressed. :p

dehtripper
11-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Oh man Bali sounds splendid right about now. As does running in the countryside. Hmmm, I think I need to get out of my office.

I actually lost this week, midst the Halloween treats and beers. Its a great motivator to keep on the losing train and just get myself to goal.

Riestrella - I was reading through your blog (yay!) and I have a completely non-weight related question fi you don't mind. Your post about living in Japan got me thinking and I wanted to know whether you've come across many places that actually ban tattoos. Every once and a while I stumble upon articles about being asked to leave X/Y/Z because of tattoos and I've wondered how common it really is from someone actually living there (being relatively covered myself). Not that I have plans to visit the country anytime soon but can't imagine having to wear sleeves, pants, shoes etc all the time. Alright, I'm done being off topic. :)

Riestrella
11-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Riestrella - I was reading through your blog (yay!) and I have a completely non-weight related question fi you don't mind. Your post about living in Japan got me thinking and I wanted to know whether you've come across many places that actually ban tattoos. Every once and a while I stumble upon articles about being asked to leave X/Y/Z because of tattoos and I've wondered how common it really is from someone actually living there (being relatively covered myself). Not that I have plans to visit the country anytime soon but can't imagine having to wear sleeves, pants, shoes etc all the time. Alright, I'm done being off topic. :)

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I really appreciate it =D. The times I've come across a "no tattoos" ban has been at the gym and in onsen places (hot spring). When I joined a gym I had to sign a contract and one of the rules was no tattoos. I do have a tattoo on my back, but because I would always wear a t-shirt it never caused a stir. It's common knowledge that onsens have a no tattoo policy, but I think the places where they expect Westerners to visit are the places that will enforce it. I went into an onsen but I wasn't kicked out, even though my tattoo is large and obvious. I THINK I saw a bar somewhere that said "no tattoos" once, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm 100% sure I saw a place that said "no foreigners" though ;p. I can imagine having tattoos everywhere on your body might get you turned away, like if you were going to go into a club.

I think the acceptance of tattoos is SLOWLY coming to light. I've seen a few Japanese people with tattoos though, it's rare but it's out there. Unfortunately this country is run by the older generation, so there's taboo about a lot of things that really shouldn't be a big deal.

kisskiss
11-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Tohisha77:
I feel you :hug: I twisted my back and today marks two weeks of no exercise and pretty bad pain. So glad that you identified the problem and you're getting better!

dehtripper:
we are so similar in height and weight, so I can relate to this so much. I'm pretty happy with how I look, but I also kind of want to get those last 5 off. When I hit normal BMI, I was ecstatic, and you're right, it seems less of a pressing matter to lose the last 10. But, it'll happen. It might take longer that we want, but it'll come. Good luck :D

Lyndality:
:( It sucks to see the scale go up, but keep in mind it might be salt intake so may be it's not a true reflection of your current weight. Don't cry! Just wipe your hands and start again.
Think about that awesome Bali trip you're going to go on, it sounds freaking fun and I am totally jealous.

Riestrella:
Rie, I checked out your blog.Love it! Read your about me section, and I feel like I know you now (lol creepy right? ). anway, good job with the insanity and the 1.1 lb weight loss. Also, freaking cute dino costume!
__________________________________________________ ______________

happy friday everyone! I've had a pretty terrible two weeks. I sprained my back two weeks ago, and then re-injured it last week when I picked something up that was too heavy. Had to go to ER and have been on bed rest and painkillers since. Even got a week off work. I haven't been able to exercise, but surprisingly I weighed in at 139.2 this morning. 139!!!!!!!!:carrot::D lol sorry I just am so friggin happy about that. I never thought I'd see it.
The better news is that my back feels so much better so I feel like I'll be able to work out in no time and I can go back to work. Staying home all day gets old after a few days.

139!!!:dizzy: lol sorry, I just feel awesome right now. even with the back pain. Have a good weekend everyone!

Riestrella
11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Updated my blog with my ramblings of today! http://hippotohot.blogspot.com/ I talk about "The Runners Nod."

I've gone up in weight today, trying not to let it get to me since I know it's because I'm working out again. One time when I was running and I stopped running for a week I think I lost 2 lbs. Crazy how our bodies work.

Tonight I'm going out to a Ninja restaurant. I've heard fun things about the place, but not really expecting much. Here's to hoping it's epic. Going to try myself to be "good" but will enjoy myself too.

3 mile run has been completed! So this week is shaping up to be an awesome one exercise-wise.

----

kisskiss - Ahh, thank you so much for checking out my blog! Not creepy at all, I'm just so happy you read my silly words! I feel like I know you a little bit more when I read your blog - it's what they're there for right?! Hehe, I do love that dinosaur onesie, someone at my old work place had a party where we all wore them. It was pretty amazing.
I was updating the spreadsheet the morning and saw you weighed in at 139 and I was like "fuuck yeah!" CONGRATS! I can only imagine how elated you feel right now, I would be on cloud 9! I'm sorry your back only got worse, that must be horrible, but I know this weigh in must help your spirits =). If you creep back into the 140s in the next few days don't sweat it, it takes a while to really get into a new "decade" of weights!

183StGB
11-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Hi everybody :)

I went up one lbs from last week; I was eating too much and can't exercise due to having my wisdom teeth pulled. I've been walking and doing a little bit of ab training, but I'm not supposed to do rapid movements or get the wound hot, so I can't run/crossfit for another week.

Well, hope you guys had a better week, weight-wise ;) take care everyone!

Hoopty
11-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Happy Saturday everyone!

I weighed-in at 140.4 lbs yesterday and then 140.6 lbs this morning :) I'm very happy to say the least! Sure, it won't stick after today but that's okay. I'm gonna fully enjoy DH's birthday and then work my way back to 140.

Hope everyone is well! Have a great weekend!

grapefruit
11-09-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm up by 3.5lbs! :fr:

The thing is I sort of know why so I'm not that shocked/upset - it's qutting calorie tracking mid-afternoon and then grazing throughout the rest of the day.

And those gŁ pots I ate.

Motivation to get back to tracking today, and exercising. ;)

I wasn't really expecting a loss, but 1.6kg??!?!!? It's a bit much!! *slumps off to adjust weight tracker*

seaurchin
11-09-2013, 09:24 AM
It is so hard to get motivated after returning from vacation! gained three pounds which puts me back up to a 10 pound weight loss for christmas. I can still do it!

whatthefudge
11-09-2013, 01:13 PM
The last few days I've finally started losing again so I'm excited! Down to 195. I still can't believe that I'm 4 pounds away from losing my first 20! I've never been able to do this and it's still weird (in the best way) to me that after years of dreaming about losing the weight and failed attempts, I'm making progress. :]

I keep inputting my weight on the chart on random days though...I'm going to try and remember to do it this monday so my numbers make more sense and it's really a weekly weigh-in!

wantochange
11-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Hola

I have joined your group today. I have been looking at the website for a while now and finally joined.

I hope this will be the inspiration I need to get going. It took me 6 months to loose 12 lbs and I gained it back in 1 month when I let down my guard. Now I have to start all over.

I look forward to the support of the group to keep me on track this time.

Thanks

:carrot:

seaurchin
11-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Today I will have faith that I can! I will meet my weight loss goal by the end of the year. I will say goodby to the 180s and meet the new year in the 170's. I can do it! I will do it. I know I can.

Hoopty
11-10-2013, 03:40 PM
DH's birthday was friggin' awesome! First, we went to a breakfast buffet where I didn't eat as much as I thought I would (it was really good but I didn't think that I needed to stuff myself..) Then we went swimming for about 2 hours. I swear, I was (and still am) sore, especially my arms! So I guess you could say that I burned off some of the food I ate for breakfast, lol.
Then we went to a Brazilian buffet and OH EM GEE the food was SOOO GOOD!!! We couldn't believe how amazing everything tasted and we are definitely, definitely going back soon. We both ate a lot, it was just too good, and we had a great time (with Brazilian dancers and everything) so I regret nothing! I woke up a few times last night because my mouth was so dry from all the sodium. Needless to say, I drank a lot of water all night long.
Well, I hopped on the scale this morning and went from 140.6 lbs to 144.0 lbs :eek: Also, the first thought on my mind when I woke up was CHOCOLATE CAKE. We had some left and I couldn't stop thinking about it so I allowed myself to have another day of junk food, BUT! I HAVE TO stay on plan tomorrow, lift weights and maybe go for a run. If I don't stay away from any kind of junk food tomorrow then I will not be able to get back on track anytime soon. I have been through this way too many times and I know how to avoid it, so NO junk food tomorrow!

goldengirlamy
11-11-2013, 03:41 AM
I have been HORRIBLE this long weekend, I will be getting back into the saddle HARD tomorow. I feel so fat...soooo fat...lol!

Riestrella
11-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Week 3 charts! Well done to Hoopty who's taken the lead!!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week3_zps7ca79267.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week3_zps7ca79267.jpg.html)

TraumaNurse
11-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Congrats to all those who have losses! Woohoo! I just need to vent a little

I have been up up up this week. My eating has been fairly on point (although I did go off the rails a little bit after receiving a very nasty text message from a coworker who got fired. We all knew he would be let go but I have been having nightmares about him kidnapping me after he sent me a horrible text the day after he got fired saying "i found out all the sh!t you talked about me go to **** you ugly C U next tuesday. It definitely rattled me and my nerves and I may have eaten a lot of Halloween candy that I hadn't even touched at all before :( ). Oh well moving on. Life will be so much better with people like that gone that prompted so much negativity.

I have been working out with my best work mate the last few nights at work we have had time to do no more trouble zones or the 30 day shred on breaks (I have my 2lb pink hand weights, I brought him more masculine blue 3 lb hand weights). The only downside is everytime we are on the ground doing ab work he continuously farts and it makes me giggle throwing us both off a little bit. It's good to know that there are great coworkers and it should be a much more positive place with the nasty texter gone.

So my weight is up. But my weight always goes up when I work out. When I started last week my body fat was 27.5% and now it's down to 25% My muscle mass also went from 36.4% to just shy of 40% according to my scale. I always retain water when I start exercising but my scale confirmed that even though I'm up in weight it's not fat I'm just shifting my body's composition (and really that's the overall goal. I took some before pics in a bikini I picked up on clearance that I'm hoping to be able to rock on my march vacation). I'll have to recheck again next week if I really did gain so much muscle and lose so much fat but if anyone could do it Jillian Michaels could she is kicking my butt (in a good way).

Hope you're all having a better week than I am and keep on pushing!

Tohisha77
11-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Tohisha77:
I feel you :hug: I twisted my back and today marks two weeks of no exercise and pretty bad pain. So glad that you identified the problem and you're getting better!

dehtripper:
we are so similar in height and weight, so I can relate to this so much. I'm pretty happy with how I look, but I also kind of want to get those last 5 off. When I hit normal BMI, I was ecstatic, and you're right, it seems less of a pressing matter to lose the last 10. But, it'll happen. It might take longer that we want, but it'll come. Good luck :D

Lyndality:
:( It sucks to see the scale go up, but keep in mind it might be salt intake so may be it's not a true reflection of your current weight. Don't cry! Just wipe your hands and start again.
Think about that awesome Bali trip you're going to go on, it sounds freaking fun and I am totally jealous.

Riestrella:
Rie, I checked out your blog.Love it! Read your about me section, and I feel like I know you now (lol creepy right? ). anway, good job with the insanity and the 1.1 lb weight loss. Also, freaking cute dino costume!

happy friday everyone! I've had a pretty terrible two weeks. I sprained my back two weeks ago, and then re-injured it last week when I picked something up that was too heavy. Had to go to ER and have been on bed rest and painkillers since. Even got a week off work. I haven't been able to exercise, but surprisingly I weighed in at 139.2 this morning. 139!!!!!!!!:carrot::D lol sorry I just am so friggin happy about that. I never thought I'd see it.
The better news is that my back feels so much better so I feel like I'll be able to work out in no time and I can go back to work. Staying home all day gets old after a few days.

139!!!:dizzy: lol sorry, I just feel awesome right now. even with the back pain. Have a good weekend everyone!

Thank you.
And glad to hear you're feeling better too :)
I Missed tae bo yesterday,but I just finished doing 12 mins of weights,even 1 minute of exercise is a breakthrough for me.lol
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE & STAY STRONG :)

And CONGRATS 2 the people that have lost so far :)

RachelAnne
11-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Woah, I just weighed in at 129.5 this morning when I was 135 last week. :o I'm attributing those factors to water weight from me restarting my diet and also it being my TOM last week. But still...it's nice to see such a large drop in numbers. I'm expecting a stall in the next few weeks or so but hopefully I can push past it :D

LiannaKole
11-13-2013, 08:51 AM
So what's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? :thanks2:

Me and the bf are driving up to visit some of my family members during Thanksgiving (I only see these people once or twice a year, so it's nice). We'll be totally at their mercy for food, so I'm planning to bring ingredients to make some simple, secretly healthier dishes. My aunt who lives at the house we stay in gets crazy controlling of the kitchen though, so I may not even be able to make anything. One year someone used a special bowl when she wanted to use it and she had a breakdown and stayed in her room for 6 hours. :dunno: So we'll see how that goes. The rest of the time is really fun, though!

How about you guys? Plans for Thanksgiving?

dehtripper
11-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Yikes!!! Trying to get caught up here but congrats everyone who's still gettin' er done. I undid my loss from last week, but I'm hoping some is water from lack of drinking yesterday during a water main break (i.e. no washrooms at school :S thus avoiding drinking too much). I'm also not at all discouraged because I know exactly what I did to gain this last week and thus know precisely what not to do this coming haha.

Also super later but thanks Riestrella for my momentary topic derailment on tattoos. I always take online articles with a grain of salt so its neat to hear. :)

kisskiss
11-13-2013, 12:10 PM
RachelAnne:
LOl even if a little bit of it is water weight, I'd be ecstatic with that kind of drop. Good job!

LiannaKole:
I'm spending Thanksgiving with my parents and brothers. It'll be a small gathering, but I'm looking forward to it. Not looking forward to all the bad food, but hopefully I can resist. yummmm, what kind of healthier dishes were you planning on cooking?

TraumaNurse:
Whoa, I'd be terrified if someone texted me those kind of messages :hug:
Glad you're okay and hopefully that guy doesn't contact you anymore.

I'm not sure I could go through the 30 day shred if someone was farting! lol that seems like a big distraction.

It's Wednesday! halfway through the work week, but I can't wait for Friday. I have plans to go out with my bff dancing, and then attempting a little hike with my bf over the weekend.
So this is totally not weight related, but figured I'd ask you ladies.. How soon or late into a relationship did you say 'I love you' ? I've never said that to a man. But, I'm feeling pretty strongly about my current boyfriend. We've been dating for only 4 months though. I know it depends on the person and the relationship, but I wonder what everyone else's experiences have been with the L word. Also, as a female would you ever say it first? I'm all for equal rights and female empowerment, but I'm also slightly old-fashioned...and terrified of rejection lol. What say you gals?

Annie415sf
11-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Seeing this a little late in the game, but needing motivation so I'm in! Anyone else into juicing? Type II diabetics? Live in the Bay Area, Cali? Cuz I am/do! Hollerrr :carrot::carrot:

LiannaKole
11-14-2013, 01:00 PM
So, this week I'm trying NOT calorie counting. I've counted calories for a couple years now. We'll see on Sunday how accurate my intuitive eating is. Fingers crossed. But what I've eaten has been on point this week. Yay!

Also, over the past week I ate twice at a friend of mine's place and something I ate there made me feel AWESOME. Like, I felt relaxed, peaceful, comfortable, and basically got a gentle endorphin rush The only common foods were steamed leafy greens with a dressing, and miso soup. So one of those is amazing and I want it for myself.

---

kisskiss: I'm probably going to do an herbed potato and mushroom gratin and a really autumn-y rice dish. Yum! On the "I love you" front, I've waiting a very long time to say it before (like a year) and much sooner than that. When I say it often doesn't actually reflect my feelings. I tend to wait to say it if I'm saying it first, just to be sure. I get nervous too. But I have said it first, and thankfully it's mostly gone well! I have a friend who always says it within 2 weeks of dating (every single time, & often much sooner), and she always means it for every guy, somehow. Also, remember that your guy may be feeling the same way you are - scared of rejection. I'd say if you feel it and want to say it and are getting the "love you" vibe between you guys, I'd feel out a good moment and tell him. Good luck! :)

Riestrella
11-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Whew, what a horrible week this has been for me.

So after my epic week of working out Insanity style and running I was so pumped. But when I weighed in on Monday I saw my weight had shot up to 159 lbs after weighing in at 157 lbs. I had even hit 156 lbs briefly during my week of awesomeness. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me, especially over a NUMBER. But I did. Over the last 5 days I've over ate, bought ready meals, ordered a pizza and generally lost all sense of control over healthy eating. As for workouts...well, they've just not been happening.

I'm getting fed up with myself about this behaviour of mine. I just sabotage myself whenever I have an "off" number. The mentality I have is "well, I weighed in high today so I might as well eat what I want." In hindsight I know how DUMB this sounds, but I honestly believe in that theory at the time. I'm just trying to justify eating junk when I have a bad day, it's terrible of me.

I'm thinking of doing the blogilates 12 week meal plan. She's designed a be-yoo-tiful fit journal http://www.ogorgeous.com/product/blogilates-fit-journal-1 that I really want to buy. It comes with the meal plan, so I might just do it. I've always sworn to myself that I don't need plans and guides and diets...but heck, maybe I do? Maybe I need some sort of guide to take my hand and say "Here is a good eating week!"

In non related weight news, I wrote an Impossible list. Not sure why it's called that, but it's just a list of life goals. Check it out here if you fancy reading mine. http://hippotohot.blogspot.jp/2013/11/my-impossible-list.html

34 days til I'm back in England loving life and being with family again. My social calendar is already jam packed, and it's more than a month away! It's been very enjoyable organising meeting friends and spending time with family. I'm going to Skype with my parents tomorrow and add even more plans! Can't wait. Anyone else psyched about Christmas?

---

183 - Don't you hate it when you really want to workout but something is actually stopping you for a legitimate reason? Hope your wound heals up soon!!

grapefruit - Sorry about the gain, those gu pots are delicious aren't they? I haven't had a lot, but when I have had them I always love it! I know how you feel when you have to adjust the ticker to reflect the shame, but we'll kick arse and take names and that ticker won't know what's hit it!

Hoopty - Glad you enjoyed your husbands birthday! Sounds foodriffic, sorry about the gain, but it's kind of inevitable isn't it?? Good luck getting back on track! I'm sure it's a temporary gain!

Trauma - Oh em gee, so sorry you got such an awful text! If you actually are concerned about your safety please report it to the police. He would have to say something directly threatening, but his text just sounded like he was venting anger and saying "you'll never see me again". But, if he has a weird history then definitely tell someone. Man, don't you just hate it when you work out and you gain weight?! It should be totally the opposite!! Haha, I always fart up a storm when I'm working out that way - sometimes it's so satisfying. Feel like I drop a pound in gas weight!!

Lianna - I'm not American, but my boyfriend is, we're going to go to a Brazilian place and eat lots of meat. Oh wow, drama queen much?! Maybe you should focus on portion size rather than trying to sneak healthy meals? Just to avoid the chaos that might come with it, I mean. Good luck!!

dehtripper - You're welcome! I like being asked questions, so if you need any more info on anything Japan related I can do my best to answer!

kisskiss - Hmm...hard question. My first boyfriend I never really loved, but I did say "I love you" but I just felt it was more a cute thing rather than a serious gesture if that makes sense. He was the one who said it first, he just blurted it out in a weird situation. My current boyfriend, we were saying I love you before we started going out!! It's a long story, but we were best friends before we were officially together. I was, for a long time, his only close friend. He was very vocal of how much he appreciated me, so he said he loved me as a friend. But when we got together I did get a bit weird because I didn't know if his "I love you"s had changed from the friendship stage to the relationship stage. Personally I would probably wait for the guy. I'm not sure why, I guess I'm annoyingly traditional like that. But I don't see anything wrong with saying it first. Honestly just try not to think too much about it, you might find yourself just coming out with it!

skittlesfirehawk
11-16-2013, 12:15 PM
ugggh i havent worked out in almost 3 weeks and im eating like crap.Im putting myself on a strict chiken and salsa diet until i can workout again i really wanna be at 139 before my cruise. i got a tatoo on wednesday and it still hurts so im probably out for at least another week but then im commiting to 4 days a week workout. im at 158 and its killing me because on november 1st i was 154 and going down

LiannaKole
11-16-2013, 09:42 PM
So I went to dinner at a friend's house, and I was accidentally blocking a doorway when one of the women I sort of know was trying to come through. I apologized and she said it was fine, that I wasn't blocking the door because "there's not much to you." Just matter-of-fact and polite-like, not a compliment, just a statement. I was so surprised I made some weird reply that probably made no sense. But she was nice about it. I'm nowhere near thin or 'not having much to me', but I still loved her comment! :D No one's ever told me that before.

Also, I got called pretty. Not a "pretty face," which is nice. :)

I'm still okay on track for this challenge... I think. I'm hoping I can make my goal of 10 lbs by... wait, does this challenge end at Christmas or New Year?

ruby5839
11-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Oh boy, I've gone on such a junk food bender since Halloween that I've gained back all I lost in the last challenge and more :( You'd think the goal of a beach vacation would be motivation enough, but apparently not!

Reading through the thread has been a great boost though, so please keep posting your daily successes!

I've set up a tv by the treadmill so I'm gonna try to start my week off right by walking while watching my Sunday night shows :) I'm hoping this will get me to walk/run 3 miles a day for a total of 15 miles a week. We'll see how it goes...

grapefruit
11-18-2013, 04:34 AM
Oh boy, I've gone on such a junk food bender since Halloween that I've gained back all I lost in the last challenge and more :( You'd think the goal of a beach vacation would be motivation enough, but apparently not!

Reading through the thread has been a great boost though, so please keep posting your daily successes!

I've set up a tv by the treadmill so I'm gonna try to start my week off right by walking while watching my Sunday night shows :) I'm hoping this will get me to walk/run 3 miles a day for a total of 15 miles a week. We'll see how it goes...

@ruby: The treadmill thing is a great idea! It's been so cold here and I have so much work on that going to the gym has been a struggle, and I've gained back a few pounds too!

@everyone: What I've done today though is completely planned out all my food (went to the supermarket yesterday to buy healthy stuff but also purchased a chocolate twist for tea which goes to show I'm in a bad place because normally I would not touch that shiz! processed food :devil:) So yeah but today I am going to be under my calorie and carb goal. If I can't get the motivation/time up to go to the gym I'm at least keeping my food on track, because that's 80% of it I believe.

I was honest and updated my weight here though. :o Hope to see it go down again next weekend.

grapefruit
11-18-2013, 04:36 AM
So I went to dinner at a friend's house, and I was accidentally blocking a doorway when one of the women I sort of know was trying to come through. I apologized and she said it was fine, that I wasn't blocking the door because "there's not much to you." Just matter-of-fact and polite-like, not a compliment, just a statement. I was so surprised I made some weird reply that probably made no sense. But she was nice about it. I'm nowhere near thin or 'not having much to me', but I still loved her comment! :D No one's ever told me that before.

Also, I got called pretty. Not a "pretty face," which is nice. :)

I'm still okay on track for this challenge... I think. I'm hoping I can make my goal of 10 lbs by... wait, does this challenge end at Christmas or New Year?

Those non-scale victories make all the difference :D

Hoopty
11-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Riestrella - I updated my weight for last week. Didn't get to do it yesterday..

---

So, I've been feeling horrible. Like I said, the food on DH's birthday was absolutely delicious and I was able to get back on track 2 days later. HOWEVER, it's PMS-week and my cravings have been so, so, so, so HUGE. It's already really hard for me to get 100% back on track after a cheat-day (make that 2) so the cravings didn't help at all. Let me show you:

Saturday, 9th: Birthday food
Sunday, 10th: Leftover cake
Monday, 11th: ON PLAN
Tuesday, 12th: PMS - ate 810 calories worth the chocolate, ugh! Then I was super upset after there was none left. And then I was even more upset and regretful because I ate so much junk. Go figure.
Wednesday, 13th: ON PLAN
Thursday, 14th: ON PLAN
Friday, 15th: PMS - went over my sister's and she had pancakes with Nutella, double UGH! Once I ate those I went on to eating a whole bunch of Snickers bars and chips (which I usually don't eat) because "*** it, I already ate like crap, might as well enjoy what's here, right?".
Saturday, 16th: PMS - little bit of cake, Nutella and pudding
Sunday, 17th: PMS - Nutella, french fries

Yesterday was also my last day of birth control so I am hoping for TOM to get here as soon as possible. My lowest weigh-in was on Thursday - 141.8 lbs. My highest was 143.8 lbs yesterday and this morning I weighed-in at 142.8 lbs after a successful meet-up with the toilet.
Not only did the PMS cause those cravings, I've also not been working out at all. So, time for me to quit slacking and start making something happen!

aBroadAbroad
11-18-2013, 11:56 AM
I know Im late to this party! But I've got 6 weeks til New Years. 12 pounds sounds doable :)

Riestrella
11-19-2013, 05:44 AM
Week 4 Chart! Sorry it's late!!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week4_zps01e6da85.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week4_zps01e6da85.jpg.html)

Mara
11-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Ruby I feel you. Ever sine Halloween I have been having a problem controling my snacking and urge for sugar. Over did it the week of my Birthday I think with too much sugar.

Trying to get back in line.

I hope everyone is having a good week and sees some awesome losses soon.

goldengirlamy
11-20-2013, 06:04 AM
so ive been dping really bad staying on track. Ill weigh tomorow but I havent been to the gym in almost two weeks because ive been busy after work! Tomorow.im.so getting.back morning workouts. Clearly for me if I dont workout in the am it wont happen.
my main motivation for weight loss is wanting to get pregnant. Weve had issues and.im young enough where it shiuldnt be hard. AF came this week on my anniversary and.instead of being upset about another failed month I immediately thought..alright looks like another month to get in shape!!!

dehtripper
11-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Uggg Halloween chocolate is a devil indeed eh. Thankfully everywhere close sold out so I avoided the dreaded "well its SOOO cheap I better buy it ALL" season this year.

Mara - you can do it!! I hope you have a good week and see loses too. :)

goldengirl - thats awesome that you can put a positive spin on having more time to kick butt. I'm not well-versed in things that help fertility but a great attitude sure can't hurt.

I feel so much less "stressed" being back on WW. I really hate that term but I found counting I was over-obsessing over every tiny thing, meeting my macros and always feeling guilty thus giving up. I just can't work with a constant state of food guilt. I've got enough things to worry about in my life, getting healthy should make me feel BETTER.

Anyhow, having now reprieved myself mostly from my previous weeks indulgences, I looked at my numbers. In order to make my goal, I just need 1.3lbs/week. Which is totally doable. So yay :) Lastly ETA a NSV: I can finally feel/also see the acromial end of my collarbones for the first time ever.

Mara
11-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks dehtripper. Scale is moving down again :)

kisskiss
11-20-2013, 02:55 PM
skittlesfirehawk:

you can do it! what kind of tattoo did you get? I want to get one once I hit goal.
Riestrella:
Thanks for the advice :D I think I probably am too traditional to say it first, so I guess I will wait it out a little bit. I'm super excited about Christmas! It's one of my favorite holidays. I read about your Japanese experience with Christmas, and it had be laughing (especially those costumes, yikes!).

dehtripper: Yes, 1.3 a week is totally doable and I'm happy that you are less stressed now that you're back on WW :) My office still has Halloween candy out! It's so tempting to see it here :(

I saw 137 on the scale (woot woot). I still haven't been able to go back to exercising because of my back, but I'm feeling a lot better and I'm mostly pain free. I plan on taking some Yoga classes next week and hopefully that just helps me in strengthening my back.

I'm super excited that we are nearing the end of the week because I actually have ALL of next week off of work. How's everyone feeling? Any Hunger Game fans? I am really looking forward to the movie this weekend.

lanabug
11-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Sorry I haven't been participating in the chat, I've been super busy but I do like to check in and read once in a while so I just wanted to say keep up the good work everyone! :)

skittlesfirehawk
11-21-2013, 12:11 AM
KissKiss i got tinkerbell on my shoulderblade.http://i41.tinypic.com/281x89s.jpg

grapefruit
11-21-2013, 03:40 AM
Guys I'm going to have to quit this, I'm really sorry! I just don't have time or the presence of mind to keep this updated at the moment :( best of luck with the rest of the challenge :)

dehtripper
11-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Mara - yay! glad its cooperating

kisskiss - sorry about your back. Yay Hunger games! I was aiming on reading the book before seeing the movie this time, but alas time has escaped me. PS: you are soooo close to goal and that is AWESOME

skittles - glad you're happy with your new tattoo. I'm finally only a few sessions away from finishing my current project…but it kinda drives me crazy that I can't skate for a few days after getting work done.

grapefruit - sorry that the challenge isn't working for you right now. hope the best for you regardless!

Riestrella
11-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Guys I'm going to have to quit this, I'm really sorry! I just don't have time or the presence of mind to keep this updated at the moment :( best of luck with the rest of the challenge :)

Do you mean the spreadsheet or the chat thread? Because there are plenty of people who just use the spreadsheet and don't use the thread to chat. I'll keep your information on the spreadsheet in case you want to keep accountable.

goldengirlamy
11-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Im kinda mad at myself today. I had my gym bag packed to go. Woke up with DHs army.alarm.and.I thought he reset it. Next thing I knew he was kissing me.goodbye and didt get me up to go to the gym..I think he just misunderstood. And thought I was skipping a workout! oh well!

183StGB
11-23-2013, 12:34 AM
good morning :)

after my mandatory wisdom-teeth-exercise break, I'm finally back at it this week :) I run mega slow and take little weights for ripped/shred, but it's okay :) will get better soon :)
I'm a little upset because I've been eating and exercising right this week, and the scale didn't move.
But okay! maybe next time:)

have a great week everyone :)

ParkTrot
11-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Well hello everybody!

So I signed up for the spreadsheet, was all geared up for the challenge, ready to post an update since I had been MIA for several months, and start losing the lb's with you guys again and BAM - car accident :|. I'm ok now, but I ended up with some head trauma that took several weeks to recover from. Which of course, resulted in weight gain (uggggh). Jumping back on the wagon ASAP and going to start reading through the thread now to see how everyone is doing.

Hope all is well with you ladies!

goldengirlamy
11-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Hey Ladies! I have been so horribly behind this week. First TOM struck on Tuesday Then our anniversary on Wednesday then today was my birthday and it has been junk food and no exercise! As fun as it has been I'm sure it's caught up with me. I haven't weighed yet, will Monday at the gym but it's not going to be pretty. However it's been fun and I need to get back to being serious. Like I had said...TOM just means another month of getting healthy before God decided my husband and I are ready to start a family.
DH got me this great Tshirt for my birthday but it is way tight...I'm a little sad...but more than anything I saw it as???oh yeah! this is my new goal shirt...to add, I was going to buy these super cute boots, that are calf length, but surprise, they'd not fit over my calfs. I wasn't upset, I just said oh well, too bad, and moved on. I know I'm fat, I'm working on it, and that's all I can do. But I'll let it serve as motivation.

LiannaKole
11-23-2013, 09:39 AM
So after not being hungry much AT ALL last week, this week I am definitely hungry. I tend to freak out when I get hungry, thinking it's going to lead to overeating. Which makes me try to be very careful with my food, which leaves me hungrier and more stressed, which actually contributes to me overeating. A bad, horrible, no good cycle.

So I'm trying to feed myself promptly so I don't panic that I'll starve (which is so irrational because it's not like I don't have food around) and then overeat to 'save' myself. But I'm also trying to balance HOW MUCH to eat to fill myself up. I'm often not great at sensing hunger/full cues.

I'm also still trying out not calorie counting, so eating more when I'm hungrier is nerve wracking. It's working so far, but like I said, I haven't been all that hungry yet. We'll see how it goes.

---

dehtripper: I absolutely LOVED that NSV when I had it! Aren't collar bones so exciting? :D You just can't stop touching them (at least I couldn't)!

kisskiss: Congrats on 137! The 30s sound so awesome (mostly because the last time I was there I was like 13 years old).

ParkTrot: Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you're okay!

Riestrella
11-23-2013, 09:12 PM
I have decided to step down from this challenge for the time being. I will still be running this challenge and compiling the charts and contributing to the chat, but I will no longer be weighing myself. I made a detailed reason on my blog (http://hippotohot.blogspot.jp/2013/11/thats-itim-taking-break-from-scales.html), but essentially I have become emotionally affected by the number on the scale and it has to stop. So until I feel ready, which is probably when I've had at least a month of being on plan (fitness and nutrition wise) I won't be stepping on the scales. Keep it up everyone, you're doing awesome!

gossamer
11-23-2013, 09:26 PM
hey guys, this sounds like an awesome challenge, and would love to join! Just recently getting back on track with diet, so fingers crossed i can get to my goal by new years :P

LiannaKole
11-24-2013, 10:34 AM
So, I got down to like 160 this week, but then it swung back up to 161.4. It's not anything alarming - just normal fluctuation since I have eaten on plan. But it still makes me a bit sad to see that I'm the same weight as last Sunday. I knew it was likely since I lost a bunch last week. My body does NOT lose weight linearly. Makes me a bit crazy, but I have to come to terms with it at some point. My weight lingers around one weight, ticks up, ticks down, back to that weight, ticks up, holds, holds, DROPS. Repeat. I admit I get envious of the linear weight loss people.

But I'm working on just using the scale as ONE method of measurement, and trying to remember that I can't lose all the weight in a week or two (that's crazy talk, no matter what my brain thinks). It'll take quite a long time, and I need to remind myself that I'm going to have to stick around through the whole thing to be successful. My mind kicks and has a tantrum about it, but logically it's true and normal and healthy that I'm not losing 20 lbs in a week. ;)

---

Riestrella: I think there are definitely times to step away from the scale and use other measures to track our progress. I've definitely had very emotional reactions to the number on the scale before (including under- and overeating) that are unhealthy. It's easy to become too focused on a number. I've taken a break from the scale before. It does give some mental relief if it isn't used to overeat. Eventually I'm able to go back to weighing and see it more objectively. It also helps me to use other ways of measuring my progress. Good luck with everything! :hug:

Hoopty
11-24-2013, 11:32 AM
I was on plan with food and had my lowest weigh-in on Friday- 140.0 lbs. This morning I was up a little but only to 140.8 lbs and that's because I haven't had a BM in 3 days. Sorry for the TMI! Well today I figured I could have a little cheat day because I was in the mood but man, I went a little overboard. I'm definitely gonna try to keep dinner light to make up for all the calories and I should probably lift weights, too. It's Thanksgiving on Thursday and that is supposed to be my cheat day. However I just realized that it doesn't need to be. I can have everything in moderation. Nobody celebrates Thanksgiving in Germany so it will only be me and DH. It's his favorite holiday ever and we are gonna get a small turkey and all of his favorite food which is mostly healthy anyways. Well, we'll see how it goes. First I want to make sure I stay on plan until then.

grinchygirl
11-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Just joining in. I've just decided to get serious about my weightloss, I sometimes think I'm crazy for doing this right before the holidays. But the fact that I haven't resigned to start next year for New Year's makes me think I might actually follow through this time.

My first week has been successful loss of 4.5 lbs. But I know it'll slow from here

RE Scales & Numbers: The closest I've ever come before to a healthier weight (I think I dropped about 30 lbs) was without ever looking at a scale. Numbers can be evil and really demoralizing because you think an increase is a failure. I was very mentally healthy during this period. So as others have said, taking a break from numbers can really help the stress.

Tohisha77
11-24-2013, 09:40 PM
There is no way in heck i am losing 20lbs by Christmas,so I'm STEPPING DOWN TOO :(
I actually have a new goal,hopefully by MARCH 24th,I can lose 20lbs.
I'm just trying to get things together,but yeah,I'm out of the challenge :)

But godbless to everyone,and stay strong!

Riestrella
11-25-2013, 05:42 AM
So after taking a break from weighing in I already feel relieved. I was happier over the weekend not knowing what I weighed. I looked in them mirror and didn't see a body labelled by a number - but just my body. It was refreshing! I know it's strange to talk about this in a challenge based on numbers, but I still want to check in and see how everyone is doing =).

Operation workout Rie is not going very well. But I have to, because I'm running a 10K in a month!! So very under prepared for the race, all hopes of breaking my record have been well and truly thrown out the window.

Lianna - As you know, I understand exactly how you're feeling! But you're right, you're not going to lose weight all at once and it's fine to fluctuate. Thanks for the support!

grinchy - I know what you mean, I have no idea how I'm gonna manage over Christmas!

Tohisha - Don't worry! You don't have to reach your goal! Heck, you can go ahead and alter it!! Like I said in my first post, be realistic with your goal! Why not aim for 10 lbs or even 5 lbs?! Don't drop out just because you're not going to reach your initial goal!!

Riestrella
11-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Week 5 Chart!!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week5_zpsd5652aed.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week5_zpsd5652aed.jpg.html)

zoesmom
11-25-2013, 08:16 AM
I'd like to come back in from standby please:)

kisskiss
11-25-2013, 02:10 PM
skittlesfirehawk:

that's cute :D the two tattoos I have are the size of quarters on my wrists

ParkTrot:
So sorry you got into an accident, but I'm glad that you are recovering! Welcome Back :D

Goldengirlamy:
Glad you had fun on your anniversary and Happy Belated Birthday! What did the t-shirt say? or was it more of a cute blouse? I always used smaller shirts or pants as a motivation and it worked. I'm sure you'll be fitting into that t-shirt in no time!

LiannaKole:

thank you :) when I was 13, they had us to a fitness test in gym, and I remember weighing in at 163 pounds (and I was about 5'3). The lowest weight I remember is 128 and I was in 5th grade and about 5'1. It's weird to know that I weigh less that I did in middle school!
How long have you been trying the not calorie counting? I stopped using MFP a while ago, but I seem to know exactly what I'm eating and I can estimate how many calories I've eaten, even though I'm not consciously trying to count every single one.

grinchygirl:
Congrats on the 4.5 lbs lost!

zoesmom:
Welcome back!

Rie:
I think you are amazing and I'm happy that you had a good weekend. I totally get you about weighing in and not letting it consume or lives, especially if it's causing us to overeat or feel badly if we don't see the number we like. When I first started dieting, I couldn't even face the scale. I bought a quantum scale, which just tells you how much weight you've lost. so even if I gained .6lbs, I still was negative because it would tell me my total loss. anyway, I used that scale until I lost 25-35 pounds and then I weighed myself. I'm not sure but I think if I had seen my real weight (I did the calculations and I was at 299lbs when I started), I'm not sure how I would have reacted. So, I totally understand the need to step away from a scale, especially if it's affecting you negatively.
Anyway sending you a virtual hug :hug: and come on girl, you can totally get a good 10k time
__________________________________________________ _______________

I'm on vacation! I have the whole week off and I plan on chilling out and having a good Thanksgiving. I officially weighed in at 135 these last two days. GOAL. I feel pretty amazing right now. I even plan on going back to the DMV sometimes this week and officially changing my weight and pic. I attached a pic of my most recent body pics sideways. the first one I'm at 275 size 22, the second one I'm at 200 size 12/14, and the last is 135 and a snug size 3.

grinchygirl
11-25-2013, 09:13 PM
@kisskiss your transformation is amazing, so inspiring :) I didn't even think about changing dmv stats, the thought of doing that sounds wonderful! Congrats on your success.

Tohisha77
11-25-2013, 09:24 PM
So after taking a break from weighing in I already feel relieved. I was happier over the weekend not knowing what I weighed. I looked in them mirror and didn't see a body labelled by a number - but just my body. It was refreshing! I know it's strange to talk about this in a challenge based on numbers, but I still want to check in and see how everyone is doing =).

Operation workout Rie is not going very well. But I have to, because I'm running a 10K in a month!! So very under prepared for the race, all hopes of breaking my record have been well and truly thrown out the window.

Lianna - As you know, I understand exactly how you're feeling! But you're right, you're not going to lose weight all at once and it's fine to fluctuate. Thanks for the support!

grinchy - I know what you mean, I have no idea how I'm gonna manage over Christmas!

Tohisha - Don't worry! You don't have to reach your goal! Heck, you can go ahead and alter it!! Like I said in my first post, be realistic with your goal! Why not aim for 10 lbs or even 5 lbs?! Don't drop out just because you're not going to reach your initial goal!!

@Riestrella,thanks for the encouraging words.
I was going to drop out,and I got on the scale and it said I'd lost 3lbs.
I guess by Christmas,I could aim for a 5lbs weight loss,I still want to get out of the "20s" so yeah,I'll stay in :)

Riestrella
11-26-2013, 06:28 AM
kisskiss - Aww shucks, you're the amazing one not me! I mean...just look at you! You have lost an insane amount of weight and you look INFREAKINCREDIBLE now. I mean that! You are such an inspiration to me, I hope that I can get to the same weight some day and look as awesome as you do. Seriously, can't get over how much you've lost! What's awesome is, you lost your weight in all the right places! You've still got boobs and ***! You're one sexy lady, go strut your fine self and be proud of how much you've achieved. I love how humble you are about your method, it gives me hope that I don't need any crazy diet plans or crazy workout schedules to lose weight...just calorie counting and being active is what got you there. Do you mind me asking how many calories you ate? I just wanna get started with whatever it is you've been doing! HUGE congrats on reaching your goal, I hope I still see you around here!!

Tohisha - No problemo, medear. Glad to see you're still sticking with it!! You can do it, every little counts =)

Marniadec
11-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I've left the challenge and I keep trying to post here but I keep deleting it... My brother came to me a couple of weeks ago and asked me for help because he was in a lot of pain, so I took him to the hospital. The "doctor" there made a series of glaring errors which lead to his death. He was 22. I don't know what else to say, so I'll leave it at that.

whatthefudge
11-26-2013, 02:53 PM
@Marniadec: I'm so sorry for your loss. There aren't even words to convey the empathy I feel for you. This is a time for you to mourn, and to take care of yourself the best way you can.

whatthefudge
11-26-2013, 03:24 PM
These last few weeks have been challenging for me. I've become my mom's full time caretaker, but that isn't the issue. My parents have always had a tumultuous relationship - lots of arguments in the house. That's been affecting my mom's health to the point where she can't walk for much of the day and needs me with her about 18 hours of the day. I'm completely exhausted. I used to eat the worst when I was stressed and I find myself slipping into those habits again.

Two weeks ago I went to visit some family in another state and I tried my best to stay on track. I counted calories every day as much as I could, but in all those parties (3 big ones with catered food) it became difficult to stay under my calories. I still wrote down what I ate best that I could though, and saw that multiple days I ate twice my calorie allotment or more. D: My weight fluctuated a lot there. I only got a few workouts in.

Now that I'm back home, taking care of my mom takes up my entire day. One time I went for a walk, and she called me crying within half an hour. I don't really have the heart to leave her alone at home any more. My social life is obviously great haha. I'm not sure why I'm sharing all this, I don't know that it's totally related to my weight loss. It's just that between taking care of my mom and cooking dinner every night and taking her to the doctor every day and helping her with little things all day long, I get so tired and I'm having trouble staying motivated. The lack of a routine is something I don't enjoy, that's for sure.

I keep in mind that it's okay if I eat double the calories I'm supposed to, as long as I'm back on track the next day. This is about my health. I'm kinda new here and don't know many people here but everyone and their struggles and successes are so inspiring to me. :)

@kisskiss: You look so freaking amazing. It's hard to believe that's the same person in those photos! You're such an inspiration, and you did it all by yourself! You seriously give me hope! :)

goldengirlamy
11-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Sorry I'm so horrible about posting. I think being away from these boards but once a week helps me to think about it much less.
I've been fighting a head cold this past week. I haven't been to the gym, but I haven't been eating much either. :/ Just no appetite.
The t-shirt was this super awesome 'Ravenclaw' (Harry Potter-Totally my house) shirt, but it was very very tight on me. It's sad too because it was an xtra large, and womens fit. I'm totally using it as goal!!!

goldengirlamy
11-28-2013, 03:02 AM
KissKiss- I know this sounds werid, but Can I please save your pictures as inspiration and goal? I may need to look at it from time to time...I sometimes get it in my mind that I've always been fat, I always will be fat, and I need this as a reminder that I am young and I can make a change.

dehtripper
11-29-2013, 09:45 AM
kisskiss - you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! so much congrats are in order!

Dollfaise
11-29-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm starting late but I'd like to join. I added my name to the bottom of the list just in case adding it alphabetically would get it lost in the shuffle so feel free to move it. :)

183StGB
11-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Good morning guys :)

I've really kept my calories in deficit and am back into my exercise routine, so finally the weight is coming off :) I am SO glad. Especially since I got to change my ticker weight. Woohoo!

Have a great week everyone!

LucyOlivia
11-30-2013, 04:47 AM
Can I come back please?

Beans Louise
12-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Eeep! I didn't even realize I was in the number one spot! That's so exciting, I'm never number one at anything, lol!
I doubt I'll be able to hang onto the lead after this week though...oof, Thanksgiving I threw all my will-power out the window.
Oh well! We'll see if I break the scale on weigh-in wednesday! ;)

stay in there everybody!! you all inspire me every day. xo

skittlesfirehawk
12-01-2013, 02:07 PM
im getting back on track after turkey day.Im just going to hold myself to 3 times a week couch 2 5k and then after the weight starts dropping off again and im back to 152 ill be adding in a 4th day of body combat.

skittlesfirehawk
12-01-2013, 05:46 PM
im getting back on track after turkey day.Im just going to hold myself to 3 times a week couch 2 5k and then after the weight starts dropping off again and im back to 152 ill be adding in a 4th day of body combat.

grinchygirl
12-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Checking in again,

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday, if you were celebrating this week. I was very nervous approaching my first holiday season with a healthy diet in mind and it was easier than expected. I found myself able to portion well through out the week and avoid desserts (even though I baked them myself).

I was shocked to discover I managed to lose weight this week, I'm very optimistic about Christmas. :)

The true test is coming up because I stress eat and I'm just starting finals. If I can avoid binging through my late night study sessions I will consider myself changed for the better.

Riestrella
12-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Week 6 Chart!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week6_zps9163201f.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week6_zps9163201f.jpg.html)

Riestrella
12-02-2013, 05:46 AM
grinchygirl - Please leave the last 3 columns in the spreadsheet for me to edit. Thank you.

Mara
12-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Time for damage control from Thanksgiving. lol

kisskiss
12-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Grinchygirl:
Thank you! I went in to the DMV on Tuesday, I am really hoping that I like my new pic. I actually went bar hopping last week and the bouncer did a double take and kept trying to trip me up (ie when's my BD, where do I live) lol so that is what really prompted me to change it.

Tohisha77:

woot woot, 3 lbs is great. Definitely okay to adjust your goal for the challenge if it keeps you in :D

Riestrella:

Thank you :D When I first started, I went on a really restrictive calorie counting diet (I think I must have been doing around 1200 plus exercise). That didn't last long because despite losing weight, I also was just really tired all the time. So, I've really been anywhere between 1500-1800 the last year. I don't have a specific number I need to be under anymore, but I tried to stick to that. I will definitely still be around; I'm considering whether or not I should give myself a 5lb cushion. not sure yet.

Marniadec:
I am so. sorry. That is a terrible experience to have to go through, and I send you my condolences. I have two brothers (27 and 25 years old) and I can't imagine the pain you are going through.

whatthefudge:
Thank you so much. I'm sorry that your routine has been out of whack. Please keep going. You're right, even if you have a bad day where you go beyond your calories, you just have to get back on track the next day. There were many times that I went off track (heck last week wasn't great with Thanksgiving), but you can do this in the long run and that's all that matters.

goldengirlamy:
Haha nice! I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and that shirt sounds awesome! Yes of course! I actually posted them because I hope they are inspirational. I always used to look at before and afters and it motivated me so much.

dehtripper:
Thank you so much :D It's nice to hear that I look different. Sometimes I still see myself as bigger than what I really am. A lot of people around me have been calling me "thin" and that's not something that I really see yet lol.

Mara:
haha I'm in. I told myself I'm starting eating healthier now that Thanksgiving is over. Damage control for me too
__________________________________________________ _____________

I hope y'all had a great holiday :D I am back at work today after a week off, and I am already counting the days until Christmas break (15 days and counting)!:hohoho:
I have been holding steady at about 134-136 this past week, which is surprising because I threw calorie counting out the window on Thanksgiving and on Saturday. But, I'm really a lot better at portion control than I was in the past, and I think that's why the scale was good to me.
I'm in a surprisingly great mood today despite it being Monday already. my boyfriend and I spent our first Thanksgiving together, and while we didn't make a big deal about it, it was super nice. I also hung out with friends and family and I just feel really awesome about where my life is going right now. I had a couple of bad days a few weeks ago where I was overwhelmed with life stuff, but I think I've gotten a good handle on things. I'm even re-starting my credential program in January, which means I could be teaching by next january.

here's to a good week for everyone :carrot:

also, I just posted my Goal post in the Goal section. Click on my link under my ticker if you wanna check out more pics of my before and afters. :D

Riestrella
12-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Whew, so sorry for not keeping up with the forum! I've been doing alright. Taking a scale break has also resulted in me trying to put less pressure on myself to lose weight. I know that sounds crazy, because a bit of pressure is good, but it's not like I've not been ordering pizza every night. I guess I'm trying to step back and give myself a break from the intensity of the weight loss mindset. I did a long run on Sunday, however, because I LOVE to run on the weekends. I did 4 miles, which I was really proud of. It amazes me how much I can run without having worked out in a week. I always have this crazy idea that if I don't keep up with exercise I'll just go right back to the beginning. I continued my progress with Zombies, Run! Things just got INTERESTING. So dramatic!

My co-worker is a trained hypnotherapist and a good friend. He's offered to do some sessions with me for free, because he genuinely loves helping people. Last night, for no good reason, I ate 2 full meals for dinner. I wasn't that hungry, nothing emotional had happened, I just did it because I felt I wanted to. It was ridiculous! So I emailed said friend and just got everything out in the open - my frustrations about my situation, my stall, my lack of motivation and I felt SO much better to tell someone I knew. He's going back to America next week so I won't get to have a session with him, but he told me two things today:
1. To call it weight management, not weight loss. He explained that the word "loss" has all sorts of negative connotations. I'm not sure I'm that sensitive to a word, but hey ho.
2. To imagine myself doing what I want to do in 2 months time, to achieve my goal of being consistent and in a good routine, and to imagine the steps I would have taken to get there. So I kinda know what it's going to result in, he's going to tell me that I should just DO what's on the list instead of imagining it. But I like the idea.

I wouldn't take the hypnotherapy route if it wasn't being offered to me for free, but it's definitely an interesting journey.

How is everyone doing? Have you got all your Christmas shopping sorted? I have! I've been so organised this year!! I have 16 more days to wait until I go back to England for Christmas! I can't wait. I've been counting down the days since September...

----

Marnia - I'm not sure if you'll read this...but oh sweety I am so sad to hear what happened to your brother. Take care of yourself and please come back to talk about your progress. One of my best friends died at 16 because of a misdiagnosis...it's so hard to come to terms so I feel like I can understand your pain.

fudge - May I ask you what is your mothers condition? I'm sorry that life is stressful for you right now, I can't even imagine going through all the work and pressure you must feel.

grinchygirl - Wow, congrats on your loss! Try and remind yourself of how amazing and accomplished you felt when you feel the urge to stress eat! Good luck!!

kisskiss - Wow, congrats on the continued loss! You're on a roll! And at this time of year, wowsa! Portion control is definitely something I could do with educating myself on. SO happy to hear that you're enjoying life right now and the direction it's taking.

Hoopty
12-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Hello everyone!

Well, my plans have changed as I won't be joining this huge family dinner on December 26th. I initially started this Christmas Challenge because of that and to help me stay committed. So many people are going to be there and I wanted to look my best. However, I have decided to not go. My relationship with my parents is terrible and I refuse to act like everything's perfect just because everybody's sitting in a restaurant eating. Also, we're pretty short on money and said restaurant is quite expensive. On top of that, we're already having a Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve here at our house and the only reason I am going to do this is because of my niece and nephew. They're still very young (4 and 8) and I want them to have an amazing Christmas with the family. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't join but I'm doing it for them. So, no more pressure!

I have been dealing with a lot of stress because of my parents and our living situation. DH and I are still trying to find a place but it's so darn hard! My emotions and lack of self-control have caused me to binge on junk food a lot this past week and I am starting to regain what I had lost in the beginning of this challenge. Just last night DH and I went to McDonald's which I hadn't been to in MONTHS. I told myself to not weigh-in this week and to focus on regaining control over myself and the food that goes into my body. I obviously won't make goal so I am gonna aim to get back into the 130s. 138 lbs or 137.4 lbs by the end of this challenge would be amazeballs and a 10 pound loss. I'd take that!

One good thing happened this week - we signed up for the gym! DH and I hadn't been to the gym since we left New York in June so we're pretty excited about that! I'm actually taking my first Zumba class today and they're offering other ones like Les Milles Bodypump, Bodycombat, RPM, Bodybalance and LmiStep. I will definitely try all of them out soon.

So, I hope everyone is doing well, feeling better and ready to finish this challenge strong!

--

kisskiss - I read your new goal post and all I have to say is: AMAZING story! AMAZING journey! And you look AMAZING! I cannot believe how much you've transformed! Congrats to you, you must be so proud of yourself! :cheer:

Riestrella - Girl, I feel you. I really do. The scale break sounds like it's working which is why I'm gonna do it, as well. I like the idea of weight management rather than weight loss. That is actually a really interesting approach.

dehtripper
12-04-2013, 07:59 AM
kisskiss - I totally get what you're saying about trying to the new thin you, even though you KNOW you've lost an amazing amount. Somedays I look in the mirror and see the exact same meÖ I know its not true but mental pictures take a while to catch up with reality eh. Regardless, I'll say it again for good measure - you look awesome!

Riestrella - Sometimes a mental/scale break is totally needed. I think I subconsciously went into that state for a few months this summer and while I didn't loose a heap, I also didn't gain much. And now I feel reinvigorated to get back at a serious grind. Hypnosis sounds interesting. Not something I've ever looked into but I'm interested to hear about it.

____

I had a pretty friggen good on plan week. And by that I mean I allowed for a couple relaxed evenings with friends (including had a huge restaurant veggie burger w/ fries) but stayed completely on plan the other times. And I'm pretty happy to see/remind myself that I can live a healthy lifestyle AND have a life. Seems to be that as long as I keep special occasions and "special" not everyday it can mostly work.

So, I've taken my little calendar that I check the days off and marked all of the days between now and my one-year "diet"-aversay that I have PLANNED social events. This way I am able to see that I already have X days this week I'm going to likely eat a little less high quality/indulge a bit/etc. It seems to be really helpful in reminding me to plan for occasions and stay on track mentally & physically.

StillÖ I think I'm going to update my goal a bit. While sometimes aiming big can be a great push, I feel a more tangible goal is more appropriate for me, especially this time of the year. So I'm aiming for 142.6 - which will mark a total of 70lbs FINALLY.

183StGB
12-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi guys,

how is everyone doing? This thread has gotten super quiet.
Anyways, for my weekly check-in: I've been eating right, and kept up with exercise, so I lost 2lbs this week. I'm excited!

take care everyone!

Riestrella
12-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Week 7 Chart!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week7_zps4f395aee.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week7_zps4f395aee.jpg.html)

Mara
12-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Hello Everyone! I have been struggling to loose wieght these past few months. :( But I guess not gaining during the holidays is a win. lol

I keep telling myself that I've got this, but I need to reaffirm my commitment. Just too many tempting goodies floating around. :)

lanabug
12-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Made goal early!! Super ecstatic, now I just gotta hope it stays/wasn't water weight. Cheering the rest of you on! Keep at it!! :cheer:

Mara
12-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Way to go lanabug!!! :D

kisskiss
12-12-2013, 02:31 PM
nice job lanabug :D
how are you girls doing? This threat has gotten super quiet, I think everyone must be busy preparing for the holidays.

grinchygirl
12-12-2013, 08:18 PM
So this past week was no change, I'm not surprised. I'm suffering through finals and that means snacking for energy. I'm happy that I haven't gained back what I've lost, but I've been using exercise as stress relief. Wishing everyone a happy weekend!

skittlesfirehawk
12-13-2013, 09:56 AM
im 152 today after being 155 yesterday i really wanna put that up as i double checked twice.I just dont wanna see it go up again tomorrow and be disapointed.

Mara
12-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I am down to 242.8. Not close to goal, but still nice. :)

Dollfaise
12-15-2013, 10:09 PM
You may as well remove me from the list, I started a new job and I work so much I barely have time to eat let alone work out. I stand on my feet all day and still my weight climbs, I'm just too stressed to be remotely healthy. :(

Riestrella
12-16-2013, 05:37 AM
Week 8 Chart!

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/Riestrella/week8_zpsa15f4397.jpg (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Riestrella/media/week8_zpsa15f4397.jpg.html)

Huge congrats to lanabug for taking the lead and reaching her goal already! She's lost an INCREDIBLE 20.5 lbs in 8 weeks!! Wow!! Keep up the amazing work everyone!

Riestrella
12-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Hello my lovelies!

How have you all be doing?

I've been doing well recently! I've been taking time to reflect on my weight loss and why I just haven't been able to lose weight for the last year since moving to Japan. I articulated it rather well in my blog post, which you can read if you click here! (http://hippotohot.blogspot.jp/2013/12/introducing-weight-loss-pyramid.html) If you can't be bothered reading all of it, I've essentially come up with a new system of weight loss that I think caters to my way of living. I will introduce new goals into my life 1 at a time for a certain amount of weeks before moving on and adding a new one. I find I get overwhelmed if I try and put too much on myself at once, so I'm looking forward to starting this new system.

I'm even considering making my new "pyramid" idea my next challenge here on the forum. What do you all think, do you want to try something more than just weigh in or just stick to the numbers? I think it's something I'll give a go regardless, because losing weight is so much more than numbers!

I have 4 days left at work before I finish for Christmas and I get to go HOME to ENGLAND for Christmas! It doesn't even feel real anymore, like I'll get to the airport and they'll just say "uhh..what?! You're not REALLY going home!" I guess I'm weird like that.

So I took a chance and weighed myself this morning. I had a good feeling, and I was stoked to see that I'm at 155.6 lbs, a full 4 lbs down from the last time I weighed in! This isn't the start of me weighing in all the time, but I am happy enough with the number to put myself back on the spreadsheet. I might not weigh in next week but I will weigh myself after my 10K.

dehtripper
12-16-2013, 12:16 PM
First - congrats on the drop on the scale! I bet you must be super excited to get home for the holidays. How much travel time is it for you?

I like the pyramid idea. When I was reading, I was first picturing the easy goals at the bottom (ie. foundational things that lead up to a pinnacle) but thats just personal. I like the idea of incorporating non-scale goals into a structured game-plan like that. And its reminds you that the little things are noteworthy too. The WW app has similar mini-routines etc you can check off (like go to sleep on time, know what you're having for lunch etc) that I found really helped stay on track. Point is - I like it, I could be interested in incorporating in some future challenge.

Me - I got laid out with a crap-tastic cold last week and just started feeling like a human again yesterday. Weight loss has definitely been put on the back burner while I try and feel normal again. Though its really nice to get back to work and have higher thinking power that "ughh sniff pass that Nyquil over here" haha. I think I'm going to not weigh this week again so I don't get discouraged. I'm back on plan and using the residual complete lack of taste/smell to eat notsoyummy healthy things and pump those vitamins back in. No point in eating unhealthy foods if I can't even appreciate the flavour right? haha

Riestrella
12-16-2013, 05:53 PM
dehtripper - Thanks for your feedback! I wasn't really thinking properly when I drew it out but I will change it so that the easiest goal is at the bottom. So sorry you had a nasty cold, they don't sell NyQuil in the UK but having an American boyfriend has its perks, haha! Don't know how I was able to cope without it now. Lots of vitamins is exactly what you need, glad you're feeling more human. Understandable about not weighing in, not sure if I would either!

kisskiss
12-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Hello my lovelies!

How have you all be doing?

I've been doing well recently! I've been taking time to reflect on my weight loss and why I just haven't been able to lose weight for the last year since moving to Japan. I articulated it rather well in my blog post, which you can read if you click here! (http://hippotohot.blogspot.jp/2013/12/introducing-weight-loss-pyramid.html) If you can't be bothered reading all of it, I've essentially come up with a new system of weight loss that I think caters to my way of living. I will introduce new goals into my life 1 at a time for a certain amount of weeks before moving on and adding a new one. I find I get overwhelmed if I try and put too much on myself at once, so I'm looking forward to starting this new system.

I'm even considering making my new "pyramid" idea my next challenge here on the forum. What do you all think, do you want to try something more than just weigh in or just stick to the numbers? I think it's something I'll give a go regardless, because losing weight is so much more than numbers!

I have 4 days left at work before I finish for Christmas and I get to go HOME to ENGLAND for Christmas! It doesn't even feel real anymore, like I'll get to the airport and they'll just say "uhh..what?! You're not REALLY going home!" I guess I'm weird like that.

So I took a chance and weighed myself this morning. I had a good feeling, and I was stoked to see that I'm at 155.6 lbs, a full 4 lbs down from the last time I weighed in! This isn't the start of me weighing in all the time, but I am happy enough with the number to put myself back on the spreadsheet. I might not weigh in next week but I will weigh myself after my 10K.

ditto, Congrats on the scale drop, and I'm so happy that it's working for you! I like your pyramid idea. Visuals for me was huge when I started (I had like a chart and graphs on my desk area and color coded exercise days on my planner). Your pyramid looks pretty neat.

First - congrats on the drop on the scale! I bet you must be super excited to get home for the holidays. How much travel time is it for you?

I like the pyramid idea. When I was reading, I was first picturing the easy goals at the bottom (ie. foundational things that lead up to a pinnacle) but thats just personal. I like the idea of incorporating non-scale goals into a structured game-plan like that. And its reminds you that the little things are noteworthy too. The WW app has similar mini-routines etc you can check off (like go to sleep on time, know what you're having for lunch etc) that I found really helped stay on track. Point is - I like it, I could be interested in incorporating in some future challenge.

Me - I got laid out with a crap-tastic cold last week and just started feeling like a human again yesterday. Weight loss has definitely been put on the back burner while I try and feel normal again. Though its really nice to get back to work and have higher thinking power that "ughh sniff pass that Nyquil over here" haha. I think I'm going to not weigh this week again so I don't get discouraged. I'm back on plan and using the residual complete lack of taste/smell to eat notsoyummy healthy things and pump those vitamins back in. No point in eating unhealthy foods if I can't even appreciate the flavour right? haha
so sorry you've been feeling sick. I also had the cold last week and it had me in bed for a few days. I like nyquil, but if I'm really sick I use the severe warming theraflu.

__________________________________________________ ________

It's been so quiet on this thread! I bet we are going to get a lot of people when the new year starts up. what are everyone's plans for the end of the year? I am super excited because my boyfriend and I will be going to Big Bear and snowboarding for a little mini vacation. I usually don't really do anything on NYE, although the past couple of years I've gone out dancing with my girls. Which is fun, but I'm excited to have a more intimate nYe this year.

Riestrella
12-19-2013, 05:51 AM
Anyone a fan of Beyonce? I quite like her new (surprise) album! In particular the song "Partition" it's so sexy! Sometimes I like to imagine myself at my goal weight looking all sexy and how awesome I'd feel when I hear songs like that! Do you feel that way or is it just a crazy fantasy of mine?! I can't deny the vanity element to losing weight, I want to feel sexy by the time I reach my goal!

kisskiss - Thanks! The pyramid is still a work in progress, but I'm feeling confident it'll work. Yeah, these challenges get real quiet towards the end! It's a shame, so THANK YOU for coming by and keeping us updated! I am spending New Years with my family. Last year I made plans with friends but it was so stressful trying to arrange and it all fell apart at the last minute! So staying safe and just relaxing with the fam. Wow, your plans sound awesome! Hope you have a great time.

LittleBlueCat
12-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Hey! I'm just hanging in here. A bit discouraged the challenge is about over, and I've been slacking, and not losing as much as I was anticipating. Darn holiday baking season!!

Riestrella - Will you be starting another challenge after the New Years? It is a popular time to re-start a new WLC! wink, wink... hahahahaha... no pressure, seriously. But if you do, put me down!!

dehtripper
12-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the well wishes kisskiss & Riestrella. I feel much better now, and finally got my sense of smell/taste back yesterday. Just pumped to smell my Christmas tree.

kisskiss - A snowboarding getaway sounds so lovely. I've boycotted NYE the past few years (I just can't be arsed to be surrounded with the crazy hype) but haven't decided for this year. I'll go out if something fun comes up but don't know what that something is yet.

So, I weighed myself today even though I was going to skip this week. I actually lost almost two pounds from the bloat yucky the day I jumped on the scale last week at the start of my cold. I wasn't going to enter those values but did anyhow - ignoring my weight for better/worse is what got me to over 200lbs. May as well face the values and move on :)

dehtripper
12-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Christmas revelation - my brother re-measured my height. Apparently I'm 5'5" ... I'd didn't believe him and made him re do it many times and checked myself. So weird, I swear I measured and was 5'4". I feel like my whole BMI-based goals have been a lie hahaha

kisskiss
12-26-2013, 08:37 PM
dehtripper:
haha that happened to me! I always thought I was around 5'4 but a recent visit to the doctor has me closer to 5'5. pretty cool to be taller :D

Riestrella:

I saw B in concert a couple of weeks ago! While I went because the tickets were a gift, I admit she brought down the house. She was such an entertainer and heck yeah I imagine myself being all sexy when I sing along to some of her songs.

kailpea
12-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Anyone dreading putting in your New Years Eve weight? I was on a roll, but this last week killed me! Too much candy and too many cookies!

Mara
12-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Well I will not be reaching my goal, but at least I am less than I started. This Holiday season was rough food wise. lol

dehtripper
12-30-2013, 12:05 PM
kailpea - I wouldn't say I'm dreading it per se. Don't love seeing gains but I actually don't mind seeing an increase I expect. Better than those times you step on thinking it was gonna be a lose and being super disappointed the scale decided to go the wrong direction haha. I'm just gonna get er over with.

Mara - I'm in the same boat. Well, actually my last entered weight is higher than my start, but I know that was just bloating (weighed in at 147.5 yesterday).

I right quiet round these parts lately eh.

Riestrella
12-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Hey guys!

I've been back home in England since the 21st December and I've been busy almost EVERY day! I haven't had much time to myself to get on a laptop, but I've been doing my best to update the spreadsheet.

Instead of being hard on myself I've not be strict at all with my diet. I went on a run in the wind, rain and HAIL and didn't give up. I felt pretty proud of that.

On Sunday I ran my 3rd 10k race! My fastest time was about 59:56, but this time I did it in 1:01:35. I may not have beaten my personal best BUT considering I barely trained for it (and trained super hard for the last 2 races) I am really proud of my time! It makes me think what would I have got if I tried really hard during training?! Definitely a good inspirational boost!

I'm down to 155 lbs for New Year, not quite my goal of being in the 140s but that's what 2014 is for! Have a lovely New Year, everyone, HUGE congrats to those who made it to the end of the challenge! I will leave the spreadsheet going until January 2nd then I will close it off and announce the winner.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!