Ideal Protein Diet - October 2013 newbies

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : October 2013 newbies

Slipfree
10-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Looking for people who started IP in October to share the experience. I started on October 1st. Have had one weigh in so far and was down 6.6 pounds. So far, so good except a terrible headache since I started. I was seriously sugar addicted before I started and have been assured that the headache is part of the detox.

How has your IP start been?

RemembertheMagic
10-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi! Started October 5th and have my first weigh in on Monday! Let's hope it's a good one! Trying to get used to all the water and my constant trips to the bathroom. Other than that, no headaches or other side stuff....
Hang in there :)

Slipfree
10-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Good luck with your weigh in! The headache won't discourage me, because I am in it to win it. Going to a wedding tomorrow, but I have a plan.

Avalon1957
10-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Three cheers for you October starters! I am rooting for you all. Stick with it, and you can go far!

airportchick11
10-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Hi there! I just started on the 7th. My first weigh in will be Monday the 14th. My first day of the program, I was crazy hungry and super naseaus, but so excited to start that I didn't care. Day 2, big time headache and hunger. Day 3, no headache but just felt 'foggy'. Day 4, fine. Day 5, dodged a major potluck at work and dinner out at a restaurant that wasn't very accommodating, but I did not cheat and made it happen. Today, day 6, just fine. Getting a bit bored with my veggie selections and am searching the boards for inspiration and quick recipes. Making my shopping list tonight so I can prepare for next week. :) The biggest struggle I'm having is watching the hubby snack at night. I'm not hungry but one night it was popcorn, and tonight a chocolate bar. I don't want it but I want to punch him for eating it..lol (btw, I would NEVER punch my husband)
Like it was said before, I am a bit tired of going to the bathroom...constantly!!
Best of Luck to all of us November Newbies!!

Wine4me
10-13-2013, 04:27 AM
I started Oct 3 and was down 4.2 for my first weigh in. I was pretty pleases, and am feeling good on week two.

Wine4me
10-13-2013, 04:30 AM
Airport chick I. Always save my restricted food item for my snack at night. I don't feel deprived and am quite full afterwards. I also take a bag of crunchy restricted food to the movies so I am satisfied.

Christabrillon
10-13-2013, 05:32 AM
Wine4me, careful... You aren't suppose to eat your restricted food after dinner if you're eating it as a snack.

chubbySister
10-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Hi everyone!

I started IP Sept 29 (not technically October, but close enough I hope to join along with you all!).

First weigh in down -10.2 and about 5 inches
Second weigh in yesterday: down -0.2 and about 3 inches (they say when it's your TOM you lose less)

I've been pretty good about sticking to the plan strictly during the week, on the weekend not so much... But I'm hoping that since today starts the first week of me choosing my own snacks I'll be better!! Starting each day with a chocolate pancake should help keep the afternoon sweet cravings away, right??

Good luck to everyone!! We can all do this!

LUCCILOVE
10-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Hi!

I started Oct 7th. My first weigh in is this Monday - Oct 14th. I think I lost weight but not sure how much. I have not cheated at all. It is alot of thinking ahead and prepping but I am getting there.

My office had us buy the first week a sampler - and I am down to the drink mixes and HATE them. I rather eat then drink my food - do you think I could have 2 eggs for breakfast instead of a drink packet?

What foods does everyone like so far? I like the choco soy puffs, mushroom and chicken soup, and cheddar ridges.

Anyone in the Northern VA - DC metro area?

Slipfree
10-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone,

So glad to find other people currently going through the beginning stage!

Avalon, thank you for the encouragement. Congrats on your successes.

To address some of the comments, I am not really that hungry- just right before bed or sometimes during the weekend days. I drink more water or a cup of cinnamon herbal tea. Which brings me to the many trips to the Loo, not easy because I am a teacher. I have been running there in between every class!
My clinic did the same intro pack, but I am the opposite- I would rather drink my food. They gave me 7 soups, not my fav. I think I read that a packet was 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, but check on the threads with veterans. My favorite foods so far are: banana strawberry smoothie drink, the strawberry wafer cookies, the herb and cheese omelet with added veggies, chocolate soy puffs, wild berry yogurt drink and I did not mind the chicken soups. Least favorite- the rice cereal and the rotini pasta.

Interesting that my clinic did not put any parameters on restricted foods. They just said eat 3 packets, only one restricted. What have your coaches said?

My headache seems better today :). I am off to a wedding. Made myself the designated driver and ordered beef. I am going to ask for it plain. I am also going to eat all 3 IP meals before I go (night wedding), so I am not hungry or tempted. Think I will bring some herbal tea bags too.

Hope that all of you have a great day. Laura

chubbySister
10-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Hi!

I started Oct 7th. My first weigh in is this Monday - Oct 14th. I think I lost weight but not sure how much. I have not cheated at all. It is alot of thinking ahead and prepping but I am getting there.

My office had us buy the first week a sampler - and I am down to the drink mixes and HATE them. I rather eat then drink my food - do you think I could have 2 eggs for breakfast instead of a drink packet?

What foods does everyone like so far? I like the choco soy puffs, mushroom and chicken soup, and cheddar ridges.

Anyone in the Northern VA - DC metro area?

Hey LUCCILOVE!

Good luck tomorrow! The fruity drink packets are about 18-19g of protein and 1-2g carbs (pineapple/banana, blueberry-cran, orange, yogurt) , the chocolate drink mix has a bit more carbs in it. Most of the data for the packets are in MyFitnessPal if you use that to track what you eat, so you can compare different foods if you're trying to make a swap!

I personally really enjoy the puddings, especially the banana kind. I'm weird and love that horribly fake sweet banana flavor!

LUCCILOVE
10-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi!

ChubbySister - thanks for the info and your encouragement. It is helpful to me! I am a little nervous for the weigh in as it was my first week and I had my time of the month--not fun. We will see

I sucked it up and drank the pineapple and banana-I took the advice of another member not to cheat so early so I didnt.

Slipfree-have fun at the wedding!

Slipfree
10-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Way to go Luccilove! Don't worry about your weigh in, toM stinks and the scale will read water weight. Just keep focusing on what you are doing right :)

Funny story- near the last days of my first week. I went into a semi dark kitchen at 6:00 am. Grabbed the packet I had set on the counter, added cold water and shook it up. As I put the drink up to take a sip, I caught a whiff and thought - this smells disgusting. Drank anyway. Ugh! I had made the chicken soup with cold water. No way was I going to drink it hot at 6:00 am. So I plugged my nose and chugged it down.
Proud of you for hanging tough :)

Metroeastgirl
10-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Hi all!! I have my 1st appt tomorrow to get started on the IP diet (aka...write a check). I'm super excited !! :carrot: Hope I can join in with your stat updates. I've been doing a little research via web and it seems there are more positive than negative posts regarding this diet. This will be my 1st diet ever.
Looking forward to seeing how everyone progresses !

MelissaKate73
10-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi, all! I started on October 1st, so this is day #13 for me. I have been 100% OP, and strangely, I haven't really struggled with it (knocking on wood here). It's weird how now I still think about food, but the cravings aren't 1/10th as overwhelming as they used to be. I used to feel consumed by food.....thinking about it, eating it, feeling guilty about it, and then thinking about when I'd get to eat it again. It was awful. It's so nice to not have to give it much thought. I think that's what I like best about this diet (besides the weight loss of course)...the way I don't have to overthink it most of the time. I just mix up a shake/soup etc and eat it. And I love being to eat a protein at night! I tried doing the Eat to Live diet for several months, and I missed meat terribly! I was a TERRIBLE vegan! lol

At my first weigh-in I'd lost 5.8 pounds, and I go for my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow. Obviously I won't lose that much again, but I feel really really good about how I've done on this plan. I wish you all much success on this journey, and I'm so glad we have each other to make it through these first few weeks! The first week for me was rocky. THe headaches and fatigue were very annoying. But they ended for the most part around day 5 and were gone completely by day 7. We. Can. Do. This.
:)

airportchick11
10-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Loving all these posts! I went to a movie today at a theater where you can order all sorts of different menu items. I won't even tell you my favorites since I am trying real hard not to romanticize foods that really aren't healthy. I think it may have been a bit too early to be at this type of theater. I did take some pickles and chopped up zucchini to snack on ( thank God!). I've read that when you are in ketosis that you aren't as hungry. I am following program to the T, including toms of water, and my stomach has been growling for the past 4 hours despite my snack, protein drink, water etc. I sure hope to get some insight with my coach at my weigh in. I don't mind feeling a bit hungry now and again but today is pretty extreme.

65X65
10-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Loving all these posts! I went to a movie today at a theater where you can order all sorts of different menu items. I won't even tell you my favorites since I am trying real hard not to romanticize foods that really aren't healthy. I think it may have been a bit too early to be at this type of theater. I did take some pickles and chopped up zucchini to snack on ( thank God!). I've read that when you are in ketosis that you aren't as hungry. I am following program to the T, including toms of water, and my stomach has been growling for the past 4 hours despite my snack, protein drink, water etc. I sure hope to get some insight with my coach at my weigh in. I don't mind feeling a bit hungry now and again but today is pretty extreme.

Hi and welcome!
Find an herb or some kind of tea you like and carry tea bags with you so you have something warm to sip until you start feeling like you have a handle of things. Not much of a tea drinker before IP but have noticed wanting and needing my herb tea at night or mid day, esp since it is getting cold again.

Think it's habit now...and a good one!

Cheers and good luck!

airportchick11
10-13-2013, 04:46 PM
I've seen the tea idea suggested before, and I will definitely try it! Thank you so much for the suggestion! I am completely determined this time, I have "dieted" my whole life. I'm getting older and I'm realizing that I want the second half of my life to be a healthy one. I heard someone say once that "dieting is hard" and the response was, "being fat is hard!" I've decided to take the healthier hard road :)

Deana509
10-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi All!
Just wanted to stop in and say best of luck to you all! I started exactly one month ago, and the beginning was tough, but it seriously gets better! I haven't felt this great in a very long time!
As for the restricted packet, I was told I could have it any time in the day (or split it up if I want if it's something like the southwest curls that's easy to split) but as far as I understand, there are no restrictions on when you can eat any of your packets... I think different clinics may have difference opinions on some things, but do some reading on this board and you can totally get a feel for how things work best for you!
You all can do it! Don't get discouraged, and keep it up!

Kawaii1002
10-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Just started the protocol on 10/02. Had one weigh-in with a 17.4lb weight loss, and I go for my next weigh-in on 10/15. Hope that we all stick with this and do great! Here's to the rest of the Octoberlings!:D

Deana509
10-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Just started the protocol on 10/02. Had one weigh-in with a 17.4lb weight loss, and I go for my next weigh-in on 10/15. Hope that we all stick with this and do great! Here's to the rest of the Octoberlings!:D

Wow! what a great first WI loss! Keep up the great work!

airportchick11
10-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Great job Kawaii!! Thanks for support Deana!

Kawaii1002
10-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks so much for all the support! It also helps that my husband and my MIL are doing it all together. My aunt and uncle have both completed all phases and they are at maintenance now. I've seen from the outside how this absolutely changes people, inside and out.. Keep up the GREAT work!

lisa32989
10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Wine4me, careful... You aren't suppose to eat your restricted food after dinner if you're eating it as a snack.

Welcome everyone!
You'll learn quickly that some coaches have "house rules" about various things.
This restriction on restricteds would be one of them
It is not an IP rule

Slipfree
10-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Wow! Welcome fellow October starters.

Melissa Kate- good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. I am on day 12, next weigh in is Sat. For me.

Kawaii- fantastic loss. How wonderful that your family is in this together

The wedding was beautiful and I stayed OP. Even asked for everything plain. The waitress asked me- what is your allergy, I said sugar. My plate was temptation free. This was my fourth social event this week, thankfully nothing is planned until the end of Oct.

airportchick11
10-14-2013, 01:14 PM
First WI this morning: I was down 3 lbs. and from the the waist, hip,bust, thigh, and arm-8 inches! I am so pleased with this WI! When she calculated body fat and other things, my coach had determined that it was a 2lb FAT loss! She said this was rare on the first week and she was thrilled how my body responded. Definitely makes me wanna keep this ball rolling! I'm so glad to have that first week under my belt and look forward to this week with, hopefully, less cravings.
I can't wait to hear how everyone has done.

staceyjblack
10-14-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm not a newbie, but I restarted a week ago and I am down 6 pounds. So excited to be back in control :)

Slipfree
10-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Way to go, Airport chick!

Welcome back, Stacey.

Rosie Jack
10-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Looking for people who started IP in October to share the experience. I started on October 1st. Have had one weigh in so far and was down 6.6 pounds. So far, so good except a terrible headache since I started. I was seriously sugar addicted before I started and have been assured that the headache is part of the detox.

How has your IP start been?

Hi, Into my 4th day on IP, so I am very very new. Been struggling with headaches and the supplements, but going to give it an honest try. Heard such great things... Best of luck to you:)

LUCCILOVE
10-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Went to my first weight and I lost 10 POUNDS!!! I cant believe it. I am in shock. I was so surprised I went back on the scale to make sure that was right. Exactly 10!!! I bought alot of food today because I was so motivated. I also lost an inch of my waist and hips. I am thrilled. (It was also my TOM--which was hard for me)

Thanks to everyone who helped me get through the first week.

MelissaKate73
10-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Went to my first weight and I lost 10 POUNDS!!! I cant believe it. I am in shock. I was so surprised I went back on the scale to make sure that was right. Exactly 10!!! I bought alot of food today because I was so motivated. I also lost an inch of my waist and hips. I am thrilled. (It was also my TOM--which was hard for me)

That's FANTASTIC! :carrot: Good for you, girl!

Happy Monday, everyone! Just finished a vanilla peanut bar. I love those things. I love ALL the IP peanut bars. They really satisfy that peanut butter craving for me that I've had on this diet. Has anyone tried the new unrestricted garlic-herb chip things? I got a bag today, but I haven't tried them yet.

mpfskinnyme
10-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I have a restart appointment on Wednesday. I started last year and had great success while I was following the program. But, a vacation threw me off track and I never really got back on track and then I completely derailed. Now I'm back where I started! Very disappointed in myself. But, I am ready to fully commit. Hoping maybe some added support will help me get through. I remember the first few days being pretty difficult. I have a big birthday next year and hoping to start the new decade off better than ever! Seeing some of these great weigh-in numbers is really motivating.

Annik
10-14-2013, 07:19 PM

Wow! That's fantastic!
Keep going!
You will get there!

Annik
10-14-2013, 07:20 PM

You rock, Luccilove!

emsmom97
10-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi all! I started IP on October 9th and have my first weigh in tomorrow. VERY nervous about that. I was 100% perfect this week and will be discouraged if the scale doesn't budge! The doctor seems to think I will lose around 10 pounds. I sure hope he correct. Will find out in the morning and let you all know. I am REALLY hoping this works as I have tried just about everything and this is my last resort (other than surgery and I don't want to go there)!

Metroeastgirl
10-14-2013, 10:24 PM
That's FANTASTIC! :carrot: Good for you, girl!

Happy Monday, everyone! Just finished a vanilla peanut bar. I love those things. I love ALL the IP peanut bars. They really satisfy that peanut butter craving for me that I've had on this diet. Has anyone tried the new unrestricted garlic-herb chip things? I got a bag today, but I haven't tried them yet.

I tried the garlic chips today at my appt. very tasty. will be great with salsa on one of my 2 tomato days :halffull:

Slipfree
10-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Rosie Jack- hang tough. I had the headache until day 12 and now it is gone.

Hurray Luccilove! Fantastic weigh in.

Melissakate- How did your weigh in go?

Breanna
10-15-2013, 12:46 AM
I started on Sept 30th so today is day 15 for me. I am down 5 lbs. I have been trying to follow protocol but I haven't signed up at a clinic so just trying to wing it on my own right now. Eating lots of protein and vegis :) I got very light headed today - does anyone know why that is, what causes it and how to get over it?

Wine4me
10-15-2013, 02:54 AM
My coach never told me that, I'll have to ask her when I weight in, thanks.

LUCCILOVE
10-15-2013, 03:39 AM
Hello!

My clinic in VA does not exchange or take back any packets we dont like or use and they only sell food by the box. I have 2 drink packets I will never use because I dont like to drink my food.

I have:

1 packet of Wildberry Yogurt Drink Mix EXP 11/2014

1 packet of Peach & Mango Drink Mix EXP 11/2014

I am new - this is my first week so I am open to try other packets/bars of food. I do not like spicy food. Let me know if you are interested. I am in the Northern VA area outside of DC. I will send in US or Canada if it is not too expensive. Thanks

DJ72
10-15-2013, 12:27 PM
I have a restart appointment on Wednesday. I started last year and had great success while I was following the program. But, a vacation threw me off track and I never really got back on track and then I completely derailed. Now I'm back where I started! Very disappointed in myself. But, I am ready to fully commit. Hoping maybe some added support will help me get through. I remember the first few days being pretty difficult. I have a big birthday next year and hoping to start the new decade off better than ever! Seeing some of these great weigh-in numbers is really motivating.

LOL. You and I have similar stories!
I restarted Oct 1. Lost 5 lbs the first week and now 3 lbs on Week 2. I never get the huge losses that lots do but every pound down is one in the right direction. I still have to do my measurement this morning. Hoping to see the inches widdling away too! I am doing it on my own using alternative products.
Good luck to everybody this week!

chubbySister
10-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Congrats LUCCILOVE!!

Good luck emsmom97! Hope the weigh in went well!

Why is it so easy to stay on plan during the weekdays and so difficult for the weekends? Does anyone else have that issue? It can't be that I'm bored because I work weekends too. I think it's psychological. These next 2 weekends I HAVE to try and stay on plan. I'm going to a wedding in 2.5 weeks and need to look great!

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Back from first WI...down 7.2 pounds this week. I was hoping for 10, but still...7.2 is more than one pound per day. Hoping this will continue and I will be at goal before I know it!

calgaryjetgirl
10-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi all!

I have my first appointment on Thursday to get started on the IP diet. Pretty excited!

Kawaii1002
10-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Wahhoooooooo!!! Week 2, weigh in I'm down another 7.6lbs for a total loss of *25* lbs in TWO WEEKS!!! (ok.. I'm a lil excited) And this is while being sick, on all kinds of antihistimines to boot. *does a lil happy dance* :carrot::dance::cb:

Had my first measurements, and lost 8 inches total. Got approval to start doing exercises once I'm off all the silly drugs for being sick. Going to start doing DDPYoga with my best friend, and I'm excited for that too.. It should definitely help with the inches in regards to toning and tightening the inevitable saggy baggy elephant skin I'm going to end up with... every bit counts!

:bravo: to ALL the *giggle* LOSERS in the October group!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!

airportchick11
10-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Wahhoooooooo!!! Week 2, weigh in I'm down another 7.6lbs for a total loss of *25* lbs in TWO WEEKS!!! (ok.. I'm a lil excited) And this is while being sick, on all kinds of antihistimines to boot. *does a lil happy dance* :carrot::dance::cb:

Had my first measurements, and lost 8 inches total. Got approval to start doing exercises once I'm off all the silly drugs for being sick. Going to start doing DDPYoga with my best friend, and I'm excited for that too.. It should definitely help with the inches in regards to toning and tightening the inevitable saggy baggy elephant skin I'm going to end up with... every bit counts!

:bravo: to ALL the *giggle* LOSERS in the October group!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Great Kawaii!!! No fun doing this while being sick, I'm sure!

airportchick11
10-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Had something weird happen today. My stomach was growling, I seriously felt hungry, but by the fourth bite I was completely stuffed. A couple hours later, growling, ate a couple bites, stuffed.
Anyone else?

LUCCILOVE
10-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Kawaii that is great!!! Keep up the work and feel better!

Airportchick11. My stomach is growling right now - it is the first time it had been doing this since being on the diet-not sure why

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 06:29 PM

Congrats! Will do a happy dance with you.:jig::bravo:

Slipfree
10-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Back from first WI...down 7.2 pounds this week. I was hoping for 10, but still...7.2 is more than one pound per day. Hoping this will continue and I will be at goal before I know it!

Congrats! I think that is a great loss

Slipfree
10-15-2013, 07:10 PM

Welcome back Mpfskinnyme.

Danger121512
10-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I am not a newbie but I am a re-starter. I re-started on 10/10 at 248lbs, 50% bodyfat and very low self esteem. Last time I did IP was over a year ago, I lost 50 pounds in ten weeks, went on vacation and it was all downhill from there. I got pregnant in March of 2012 at 197, gained 50 through pregnancy, lost 30, and then gained it all back. So here I am, standing in front of you all with all of my "shame". But I know that I can do this, I know that you can do this too. It will be nice to have some online buddies to celebrate with. Thanks for reading! Go us!!

Justdoinit
10-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone,

I am not a newbie but I am a re-starter. I re-started on 10/10 at 248lbs, 50% bodyfat and very low self esteem. Last time I did IP was over a year ago, I lost 50 pounds in ten weeks, went on vacation and it was all downhill from there. I got pregnant in March of 2012 at 197, gained 50 through pregnancy, lost 30, and then gained it all back. So here I am, standing in front of you all with all of my "shame". But I know that I can do this, I know that you can do this too. It will be nice to have some online buddies to celebrate with. Thanks for reading! Go us!!

Great to see you back--Cancel the vacation plans this winter! Down to business:hug:

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Wish this sight had a like button. Looking forward to celebrating all of our victories!:cheer3:

jemma51
10-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Started my journey today. I just recently heard about this diet and am very excited to try my hardest to get off 40 pounds or so. I had lost 40 due to my husband passing 3 years ago and kept it off for two years. In this last year I have gained it all back. I am sickened by myself because I felt beautiful again, when it was off. How did I let it happen???? Ugh. Anyway, I'm determined to do this.
I haven't felt hungry today at all. I hope that continues. I think one of my biggest obstacles will be not having my glass of wine.

emsmom97
10-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Started my journey today. I just recently heard about this diet and am very excited to try my hardest to get off 40 pounds or so. I had lost 40 due to my husband passing 3 years ago and kept it off for two years. In this last year I have gained it all back. I am sickened by myself because I felt beautiful again, when it was off. How did I let it happen???? Ugh. Anyway, I'm determined to do this.
I haven't felt hungry today at all. I hope that continues. I think one of my biggest obstacles will be not having my glass of wine.

Welcome! The glass of wine....I feel your pain, but it does get easier. I started last week and longed for a glass or two over the weekend, but never gave in. It seems to be getting easier to go without the wine this week. To be honest, I haven't even thought about it once.

Remember, you can and will do this!:cheers:

jemma51
10-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Welcome! The glass of wine....I feel your pain, but it does get easier. I started last week and longed for a glass or two over the weekend, but never gave in. It seems to be getting easier to go without the wine this week. To be honest, I haven't even thought about it once.

Remember, you can and will do this!:cheers:

Thank you. I look forward in having friends to talk to here. :)

wantanewme
10-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone!
I started on 9/30 but I'd like to post here if its ok. For some reason it makes more sense to me than posting with September people some of whom started 4 weeks before I did!
I have my second weigh in tomorrow. At my first one last week I was down 7. This week it's going to be more like 3 I think. I'm trying not to let that get me down.

I'm starting to figure out what foods I like and what I can't stand. Lol.

My husband and I are doing the diet together which makes it easier.
Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Slipfree
10-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone!
I started on 9/30 but I'd like to post here if its ok. For some reason it makes more sense to me than posting with September people some of whom started 4 weeks before I did!
I have my second weigh in tomorrow. At my first one last week I was down 7. This week it's going to be more like 3 I think. I'm trying not to let that get me down.

Of course,you can post here. I started on Oct. 1st. Just think you are 10 pounds lighter in 2 weeks, on weight watchers that would have taken a month! You are doing great, every pound gone is a step in the right direction.

MelissaKate73
10-15-2013, 09:59 PM

What a FANTASTIC loss for you! :carrot: I'm so happy for you!

Hi everyone!

WELCOME! :) I only started 10/1, so we're right together. And I can totally relate to hating some of the foods! It's so weird how some people will totally LOVE something, and I think it tastes nasty! Thank goodness they have a wide variety of things to choose from.

wantanewme
10-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Slip free,
Thanks for the encouragement. You're so right! I need to keep the big picture in mind. I'm just so impatient sometimes.

Melissa kate,
Does your clinic let you swap things you don't like? Luckily mine does and I think I sent per half my stuff back after the first week!

jemma51
10-16-2013, 12:01 AM
kawaii1002,
That's fantastic. I can't imagine losing 25lbs in two weeks.

DJ72
10-16-2013, 03:49 AM
kawaii1002,
That's fantastic. I can't imagine losing 25lbs in two weeks.

The most I ever lost in one week was 7 lbs and this restart was only 5. Then week two is about 4 lbs last time and three this... I usually only lose 1-2 lbs a week... Never dropped the lbs too fast. But as long as the lbs and inches are coming off that is all that matters!

Wine4me
10-16-2013, 03:54 AM
Wow, I lost 4 pounds my first week. That is awesome. I hope to lose 25 pounds in two months!

wantanewme
10-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Grrrr. A little disappointed today. Scale hasn't gone down in three days. I was up yesterday and this morning back at the weight I was two days ago. I'm hoping I've lost inches.

airportchick11
10-16-2013, 09:11 AM
So do you all think it's the scale that matters most (to YOU), or your measurements and fat percentage?

How many areas of the body does your coach measure? How often?

jemma51
10-16-2013, 10:25 AM
So do you all think it's the scale that matters most (to YOU), or your measurements and fat percentage?

Initially for me it will be the scale but,the inches will make me get into clothes that I want to wear. Fitting into a smaller size is very motivating to me.

This is only day two for me. Woke up very hungry.

wantanewme
10-16-2013, 10:51 AM

Both! But from day to day the scale is a more tangible reminder. She measures my bust, waist, hips, two places on the thighs, and arms. Once a week.

wantanewme
10-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Jemma,
The hungry thing gets easier. I'm in day 16 and the last 2 days I haven't been at all hungry. Before thy it was a bit of a roller coaster and a couple of days I was hugely hungry. One night I couldn't sleep because I was so hungry! But it does get a lot better. Hang in three.

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 11:23 AM

I think both are important, but fat percentage can change based on so many different factors. The scale and the measurements are here and now numbers.

My doctor measured my neck, bust, waist, hips, thighs and calf. So far only once, but this is only day 8 so I don't know how often he will measure.

chubbySister
10-16-2013, 12:07 PM

I get measured weekly. Weight (a scale breaks it down into fat%, lean mass %, hydration, but I'm not sure I really buy any of that except the actual weight part), then inches across my arm, bust, waist, hips, butt, thigh. Inches totally matter to me more than weight! Seeing the number on the scale go down is of course nice to me, but visibly losing inches off my body is so much more satisfying since I know at least the fat is being removed/replaced with muscle!

We can all do this! For those just recently starting, good luck! The hunger does honestly disappear once your body adjusts.

Breanna
10-16-2013, 12:33 PM

For me, I haven't been measuring my inches, so I just have the scale to go off. But I will stop before my goal weight if I am fitting into the clothes I want.:halffull:

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Just back from the gym. I worked with my trainer this morning, so I worked HARD! Now I'm tempted to step on the scale just to see if there was a change from yesterday. The only problem....it's 10:20 am and I've eaten breakfast, drank tons of water and worked out. I'm afraid if I get on the scale, there will be an increase, but at the same time, I feel like I should have a decrease! I think I need to save myself from myself!!!!

Kawaii1002
10-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I just wanted to chime in on everyone's concerns about the scale. I just want to caution everyone about hyperfocusing on the numbers. Yes, weight loss is GREAT! I'm not trying to discount that, but getting healthy is more than just the scale moving downwards. It's also about making the mind healthy so we can handle the rest of our lives on Phase 4, so we can STAY healthy.

For me, I don't even have a scale. I told my coach that and she said she wanted to hug me. We as people are worth so much more than that number, but darn it does feel good when it's moving.

As with everything on the boards, use or ignore the advice.. just wanted to get it off my chest..;)

:hug::hug: for everyone today!

wantanewme
10-16-2013, 03:53 PM
I just wanted to chime in on everyone's concerns about the scale. I just want to caution everyone about hyperfocusing on the numbers. Yes, weight loss is GREAT! I'm not trying to discount that, but getting healthy is more than just the scale moving downwards. It's also about making the mind healthy so we can handle the rest of our lives on Phase 4, so we can STAY healthy.

For me, I don't even have a scale. I told my coach that and she said she wanted to hug me. We as people are worth so much more than that number, but darn it does feel good when it's moving.

As with everything on the boards, use or ignore the advice.. just wanted to get it off my chest..;)

Great advice! Now if I could only follow it. Lol. But I'm way too obsessive. I'm doing this diet for two reasons. Aside from the weight loss I also need to get healthier. I'm pre diabetic and my lipid panel is a mess. I have diabetes and heart disease in my family and am so scared of where I'm headed if I don't take care or myself. I need to be healthy for myself and my family. So thank you for the great reminder :)

pamperedKate
10-16-2013, 05:10 PM
hi everyone!! so glad to have stumbled on this thread!! I just started on 10/13 and am on day 4... it's getting easier each day but I'm finding the hunger gets unbearable at times -- especially if I stay up late or go too long between bfast and lunch. Tried the salt trick from my coach today and it kicked my headache asap. Hoping for a big loss next Monday when I weigh in - I gained 100 (yes, 100!) pounds with my first pregnancy (twins!) and never lost it. My doctor recommended trying IP and I'm SO EXCITED!! :carrot:

wantanewme
10-16-2013, 05:39 PM
hi everyone!! so glad to have stumbled on this thread!! I just started on 10/13 and am on day 4... it's getting easier each day but I'm finding the hunger gets unbearable at times -- especially if I stay up late or go too long between bfast and lunch. Tried the salt trick from my coach today and it kicked my headache asap. Hoping for a big loss next Monday when I weigh in - I gained 100 (yes, 100!) pounds with my first pregnancy (twins!) and never lost it. My doctor recommended trying IP and I'm SO EXCITED!! :carrot:

Hi! Welcome!! Good luck and I look forward to supporting one another :)

wantanewme
10-16-2013, 05:40 PM
At my WI today I had lost 3 pounds, 2.5 inches, and 2.2% body fat. On to week three!

jemma51
10-16-2013, 06:43 PM
At my WI today I had lost 3 pounds, 2.5 inches, and 2.2% body fat. On to week three!

That's awesome. Great job. I can't wait to see if I can actually pull this off.

MelissaKate73
10-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Slip free,
Thanks for the encouragement. You're so right! I need to keep the big picture in mind. I'm just so impatient sometimes.

Melissa kate,
Does your clinic let you swap things you don't like? Luckily mine does and I think I sent per half my stuff back after the first week!

I wish! My clinic doesn't take things back. But at least they only make you buy a packet of food at a time, rather than having to buy the whole box. I hear a lot of clinics do that. So I only have a few random packets lying around that I know I will never eat. We should have a "packet swap" on here sometime, and just everyone trade out what they don't want! :)

My coach measures the abdomen, hips, thigh, and arm. But they only measure the abdomen every week. The other ones are every 4 weeks, so I haven't seen those numbers again yet.

This is GREAT advice! It's hard sometimes to not focus on those numbers....and then to compare those numbers to what other people post. Which isn't fair to ourselves. Thanks for putting it in perspective.

emsmom97
10-16-2013, 07:52 PM

I'm glad you found it too...and I'm glad I found it. Everyone is so wonderful on here. I've just started week 2...the headaches are gone ( I make sure I get my salt like the doctor recommended). I wish I could say the same about the hunger. Some days are better than others. Today...not hungry. Yesterday...a totally different story. I felt I could eat everything in sight. However, I am 100% committed to losing the weight (I too would like to lose 100 pounds ideally), so no cheating for me. Made it through the day with extra water to keep my "full". The good news....at the end of the day, I was actually proud of myself for staying OP! A small, but significant victory for me.

Welcome!

wantanewme
10-16-2013, 08:02 PM
That's awesome. Great job. I can't wait to see if I can actually pull this off.

If I can do it, you can do it!

mpfskinnyme
10-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Everyone sounds like they are doing so great. I'm starting my first full day tomorrow. Not looking forward to the first couple days but, really excited to start losing!

I'm going to take the great advice and do my best not to touch my scale until I go to my weigh in next week. That is so HARD!! I know the number isn't everything. What I really want is for my clothes to fit better and then for them to be falling off me!!

Kicking the Diet Coke is going to be a struggle for me. My coach said I could ween myself off so I'm going to slowly reduce all week and by next week be done with it! Has anyone else kicked their caffeine habit and lived to tell??

So inspiring to hear everyones progress and how happy and excited they are. Have a great evening and a successful day on the program tomorrow!

wantanewme
10-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Everyone sounds like they are doing so great. I'm starting my first full day tomorrow. Not looking forward to the first couple days but, really excited to start losing!

I'm going to take the great advice and do my best not to touch my scale until I go to my weigh in next week. That is so HARD!! I know the number isn't everything. What I really want is for my clothes to fit better and then for them to be falling off me!!

Kicking the Diet Coke is going to be a struggle for me. My coach saiyd I could ween myself off so I'm going to slowly reduce all week and by next week be done with it! Has anyone else kicked their caffeine habit and lived to tell??

So inspiring to hear everyones progress and how happy and excited they are. Have a great evening and a successful day on the program tomorrow!

Good luck! My husband is doing IP with me. He was hugely addicted to Coke when we started. What he did was to switch to 2 cups of tea during the first week. He had a headache the first couple of days but was much better the second week and was able to get off the tea too. I hope that helps.

Slipfree
10-16-2013, 09:26 PM

Good for you! :D

MelissaKate73
10-16-2013, 09:40 PM

Kicking the Diet Coke is going to be a struggle for me. My coach said I could ween myself off so I'm going to slowly reduce all week and by next week be done with it! Has anyone else kicked their caffeine habit and lived to tell??

:welcome2:
I was seriously addicted to Cokes myself....the first week was awful with the headaches, but it does get better. It's only been a couple of weeks, but I really don't think about them anymore. I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Slipfree
10-16-2013, 09:43 PM

Hi, good luck tomorrow! I just kicked real coke, no more red bottles and cans for me. :dizzy: It was tough, because my headache was terrible for 12 days. My coach had encouraged me to ween off, but I was afraid to keep any sugar into my first day. After going cold turkey, finally on day 13 -I woke up with no headache:D. That headache has been a great motivation for no cheating, I never want to detox like that again. But it has been worth it I feel very free from the food. Like I am eating to live, not living to eat.

Welcome to everyone!

LUCCILOVE
10-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I wish! My clinic doesn't take things back. But at least they only make you buy a packet of food at a time, rather than having to buy the whole box. I hear a lot of clinics do that. So I only have a few random packets lying around that I know I will never eat. We should have a "packet swap" on here sometime, and just everyone trade out what they don't want! :)

My coach measures the abdomen, hips, thigh, and arm. But they only measure the abdomen every week. The other ones are every 4 weeks, so I haven't seen those numbers again yet.

This is GREAT advice! It's hard sometimes to not focus on those numbers....and then to compare those numbers to what other people post. Which isn't fair to ourselves. Thanks for putting it in perspective.

MelisaKate73--

Hello!

My clinic in VA does not exchange or take back any packets we dont like or use and they only sell food by the box. I have 2 drink packets I will never use because I dont like to drink my food.

I have:

1 Wildberry Yogurt Drink Mix EXP 11/2014

1 Peach & Mango Drink Mix EXP 11/2014

I am new - this is my first week so I am open to try other packets/bars of food. I do not like spicy food. Let me know if you are interested. I am in the Northern VA area outside of DC. I will send in US or Canada if it is not too expensive. Thanks:^:

jemma51
10-16-2013, 10:16 PM

I got off diet coke a couple years ago. I used to drink close to 2 liters a day. I lost 10-12 pounds just from doing that alone. I've seen some studies about people that drink a lot of diet soda that lose weight when they quite.

Wine4me
10-17-2013, 03:38 AM
OK had my second weigh in and am down 2.2 pounds for a total of 6.6. I am happy, but wish I could see those big numbers that most other people see. I know, slow but sure....

smileyt03
10-17-2013, 03:52 AM
I just recommitted to IP. 10 weeks until Christmas, perhaps I can shed 20-25 pounds by them. Im focused and ready!:carrot:

Kawaii1002
10-17-2013, 04:11 AM
OK had my second weigh in and am down 2.2 pounds for a total of 6.6. I am happy, but wish I could see those big numbers that most other people see. I know, slow but sure....

Wine, speaking just for me.. the only reason I lost the amount that I did is because of the total amount of weight I need to lose.. When you start at almost 400lbs, your body does some pretty drastic stuff to compensate for the caloric/ketonic change..

Don't discount the hard work *you* are doing! You're doing GREAT!!!!:carrot: The scale is moving down. You've given away 6.6lbs (losing it infers that you're looking to find it at some point, so I say "give it away".. that's 6.6lbs that you won't have to worry about again!

katenh
10-17-2013, 07:06 AM

My coach told me the average to expect to lose a week is 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. You are at least a week ahead! Congratulations. The important thing is how you feel. My weight loss has been similar and in six weeks I am down 19 pounds.Some weeks great other weeks slower. For me it depends on my TOM, hormones and how closely I adhere to the program.

8ntfat
10-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Good Morning, I just joined after looking for information on how to find a bra after weightloss! Argh! Hoping to find some great information and encouragement here. I have been a part of another weightloss community but it has become stagnant :(

Anyhow, no time this morning to do much to my profile, off to work but I am bookmarking the page so I can get back later. See you all soon.

Just a note, I am at the end of the loss and heading into maintaining after 5 years. from 250 to 130. 5lbs to a new 1/2 me :)

lisa32989
10-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Her room.com for bra measurements
I buy mine from barenecessities

darlac
10-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone I am an October newbie as well. I started on the 10th weighed in yesterday and down 7 lbs. Very excited! Love hearing from you all. I am having some headaches , but my coach told me to take a dash of sea salt and water and it works!
Keep in touch and best of luck to you all.

Kawaii1002
10-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone I am an October newbie as well. I started on the 10th weighed in yesterday and down 7 lbs. Very excited! Love hearing from you all. I am having some headaches , but my coach told me to take a dash of sea salt and water and it works!
Keep in touch and best of luck to you all.

Welcome Darlac!!! 7lbs is GREAT!!!! :carrot::cp:

chubbySister
10-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Congrats wantanewme, Wine4me, and darlac!! Those are great results! And Wine4me, everything counts! A couple of pounds every week for the next 2 months is 16 pounds gone!

Good luck mpfskinnyme and smileyt03 and welcome to the club!

8ntfat-- that's incredible how much you've lost! Congratulations! Most temporary bra stores will measure you. I personally don't like Victoria's Secret bras, but if you go to the store someone can provide you with actual measurements and then you can shop online or at other department stores.

emsmom97
10-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning all! Congratulations to all of the successes. No matter how small a loss, a loss is a loss. We all lose weight differently. Some people lose inches, then pounds. Some lose large amounts of weight each week. Some have large losses, then small. Some just have consistent small losses. It doesn't matter how YOU lose the weight, the important thing to focus on is that YOU ARE LOSING!

Okay...off my soap box now. I hope you all have an Ideal day! I'll check in with everyone later...off to the gym and to run some errands.

jemma51
10-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Good morning everyone. Happy to report that I didn't wake up hungry this morning ( day 3). My challenge today through the weekend, my boyfriend will be here. He usually brings me food from the big city. I tend to over eat and drink wine when he is here. I'm going to try my hardest to stay with it. Wish me luck. I can do this !!!!!!!

wantanewme
10-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Good morning everyone. Happy to report that I didn't wake up hungry this morning ( day 3). My challenge today through the weekend, my boyfriend will be here. He usually brings me food from the big city. I tend to over eat and drink wine when he is here. I'm going to try my hardest to stay with it. Wish me luck. I can do this !!!!!!!

you can do it!! just think of the ultimate prize!! also when you finish the diet you can indulge your cravings. it's not for ever.

that's what i had to tell myself just now. my daughter requested spaghetti from our favorite italian place. i went there to pick it up and there were plates of pasta and chicken parm all over. i literally had to breathe through my nose to make it out! lol. but i did it. and you can too :)

8ntfat
10-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Congrats wantanewme, Wine4me, and darlac!! Those are great results! And Wine4me, everything counts! A couple of pounds every week for the next 2 months is 16 pounds gone!

Good luck mpfskinnyme and smileyt03 and welcome to the club!

8ntfat-- that's incredible how much you've lost! Congratulations! Most temporary bra stores will measure you. I personally don't like Victoria's Secret bras, but if you go to the store someone can provide you with actual measurements and then you can shop online or at other department stores.

Thanks, my big problem seems to be that I can't find one small enough for the ribs but still have a cup size to it. I have had to start sewing in eyes and hooks to my current bras to make the bands small enough. Tired of falling out the bottom.

Asfar as incredible, I don't see it as too much. I wouldn't have been abe to do it without the support and encouragement I have had. I think we all win when we are willing to lift someone else up. Really hate to see how hateful people can be when goals are not similar or someone is doing better than oneself. I know I have a life long road ahead and would rather carry people with me as opposed to shove them in the ditch and run ahead. :)

Wine4me
10-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks ladies for those encouraging words. I feel great today!

Jig
10-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Hello everyone! I just joined this forum as I started the IP diet on October 2 and was looking for people in a similar situation for guidance and support.

I started at 360 and in the first week I lost 12.8 lbs and 7.5 inches! I'm glad I pushed myself through that first week as I was nauseous most days and was discouraged. I have my second weigh-in tomorrow but according to my bathroom scale I'm down to almost 340 for 20 lbs lost!

I can already see a difference looking in the mirror and in how my pants fit. I also was able to use the second notch on a belt that I haven't used in years!

My initial goal is to get down to 225. It's a big goal but I'm going for it, despite my not very helpful roommate who is bringing home pizza and cheese steaks every night. Why did I let him rent a room from me again? :D

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w15nfow/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w15nfow/)

emsmom97
10-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Hello everyone! I just joined this forum as I started the IP diet on October 2 and was looking for people in a similar situation for guidance and support.

I started at 360 and in the first week I lost 12.8 lbs and 7.5 inches! I'm glad I pushed myself through that first week as I was nauseous most days and was discouraged. I have my second weigh-in tomorrow but according to my bathroom scale I'm down to almost 340 for 20 lbs lost!

I can already see a difference looking in the mirror and in how my pants fit. I also was able to use the second notch on a belt that I haven't used in years!

My initial goal is to get down to 225. It's a big goal but I'm going for it, despite my not very helpful roommate who is bringing home pizza and cheese steaks every night. Why did I let him rent a room from me again? :D

Welcome to the group and to IP! Wow! 20 pounds in 2 weeks....AMAZING!!!:bravo: With weight losses like that, you will be at your initial goal weight in no time. And who knows...maybe your roommate will get on board when he sees how amazing you are doing.

Justdoinit
10-17-2013, 07:50 PM
You've given away 6.6lbs (losing it infers that you're looking to find it at some point, so I say "give it away".. that's 6.6lbs that you won't have to worry about again! I am going to borrow "give it away", if that is okay. I have heard "getting rid of it", but not giving it away! LOVE it!:lol:

emsmom97
10-17-2013, 07:54 PM
I am going to borrow "give it away", if that is okay. I have heard "getting rid of it", but not giving it away! LOVE it!:lol:

Me too! I love it.

wantanewme
10-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone! Congrats on your success!! We can do this. I'm on day 18 and don't even feel hungry any more. And I feel so much better than when I'm on the sugar roller coaster. I know this way of eating agrees with me. That motivates me to keep on chugging along.
Have a good night everyone :)

Metroeastgirl
10-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Made it through my 1st day on the road, over the lunch hour ! Was not sure how this was going to work. However, 1 cup raw broccoli w/IP salt and 1 cup of dill pickle spears & the IP Chocolate chip cookie worked perfectly !! All were easy to snack on while driving. Not to mention I am putting together "treat buckets" for my clients, full of Halloween candy & haven't eaten ONE PIECE !! Only day 4 on phase I for me.

Slipfree
10-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Made it through my 1st day on the road, over the lunch hour ! Was not sure how this was going to work. However, 1 cup raw broccoli w/IP salt and 1 cup of dill pickle spears & the IP Chocolate chip cookie worked perfectly !! All were easy to snack on while driving. Not to mention I am putting together "treat buckets" for my clients, full of Halloween candy & haven't eaten ONE PIECE !! Only day 4 on phase I for me.

Good for you! Great planning and fortitude.

airportchick11
10-18-2013, 12:39 AM

Awesome job!!!

airportchick11
10-18-2013, 12:43 AM

I know what you mean!! Giving up Diet Coke was the HARDEST thing by far. I just made the decision and I try not to romanticize it! It's still a struggle but so far I haven't even had a sip! It won't kill me to give it up, but it may if I don't stop what I've been doing all these years. I just think of my poor stomach lining screaming STOP! lol

airportchick11
10-18-2013, 12:44 AM

I understand that totally...just focus on yourself...your body is doing exactly as it should.

Kawaii1002
10-18-2013, 01:23 AM

Jig,

You and I started the exact same day and have almost spot on losses too!! It's AMAZING!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!:carrot:

I started out at 395.4, first week 17.4lbs lost, second week 7.6 for a total of 25lbs. Never in a million years did I think that I would be doing THAT well! I'd be happy to talk with you any time you'd like :)

Kawaii

chubbySister
10-18-2013, 10:10 AM

Welcome Jig! And well done with the 20 pounds! I'm sorry about the roommate eating tempting foods, but you seem to be doing just fine!! My boyfriend (who can eat whatever he wants including 4000 cookies a day and still not gain an ounce...grrrrr) has been kind enough to hide all his tempting treats from me and not eat them when I'm around. The cupboards are now empty, so long as I don't look in the cat's stoop, the dishwasher (we never use it), or his desk drawer I'm safe!

alioop1979
10-18-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm a newbie and am on my 4th day. The first two days were tough, I had headaches for most of the day. On day 3 it was mostly a decline in energy that I noticed. One of my problems is that I haven't been able to eat the 2 cups of veggies that are required at lunch and dinner. Will this impact my weight loss?

emsmom97
10-18-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm a newbie and am on my 4th day. The first two days were tough, I had headaches for most of the day. On day 3 it was mostly a decline in energy that I noticed. One of my problems is that I haven't been able to eat the 2 cups of veggies that are required at lunch and dinner. Will this impact my weight loss?

Welcome! The first few days were definitely the hardest for me. I was sluggish and had headaches, but I kept drinking my water, made sure I had my salt and stuck it out. Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all (this is a first for me...EVER!).

As for the veggies...I would think this would affect your weight loss, but I couldn't tell you for sure. The veggies are there for vitamins and roughage. You definitely need both. Have you tried "snacking" on your veggies. Cut up some peppers into strips, celery, cucumber, etc. You might be able to get them in that way if you don't like putting them on your salad (that's what I do).

Good luck and welcome to IP!

airportchick11
10-18-2013, 12:00 PM

Welcome Alioop!! I think it is pretty important to get those veggies in! Remember you can split them up, as a snack. I had the same problem though but I have been trying to get creative. One of my favorites is to cut up some Jicama and Cucumber, put it in a ziploc, sprinkle some Apple Cider Vinegar and water in there and it's a crunchy yummy side salad to my dinner or as a snack throughout the day. Creativity will be your friend!

Jig
10-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Jig,

You and I started the exact same day and have almost spot on losses too!! It's AMAZING!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!:carrot:

I started out at 395.4, first week 17.4lbs lost, second week 7.6 for a total of 25lbs. Never in a million years did I think that I would be doing THAT well! I'd be happy to talk with you any time you'd like :)

Kawaii

Hey Kawaii! Go us! Got an extra little surprise at the doctor, I had actually lost 8 lbs so down 21 total in just over 2 weeks! Can't believe how well this is going!

A couple years ago I tried to lose weight on my own diet. I spent nearly a year and only lost about 30 lbs through diet and heavy exercise. Good, but it's funny to think I can do in about 3 weeks what took almost a year before.

I look forward to hearing from you and everyone else going forward. Keep inspiring each other!

mpfskinnyme
10-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I know what you mean!! Giving up Diet Coke was the HARDEST thing by far. I just made the decision and I try not to romanticize it! It's still a struggle but so far I haven't even had a sip! It won't kill me to give it up, but it may if I don't stop what I've been doing all these years. I just think of my poor stomach lining screaming STOP! lol

That's great! I know it is so bad for me... I will have to think about what it is doing to my stomach lining too! I probably had 5 or 6 cans on a regular day. So yesterday I had 3. Today I've already had 2 and hoping I can last the rest of the day without another. I can't tell you how many times during the day I think about it... I feel like back in the day when I needed a cigarette!

Givingitaway
10-19-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm hoping there's room for one more! This is my 2nd day of IP. I went in for the appointment on Wed and started on Thursday(18th). Things seem to be going ok so far. I feel like I spend half my day running to the potty though!:o. I tried the vegetarian bean chili today. It was okay. I think next time I'll saute some mushrooms and throw those in.

I do have one question. Is anyone else using something to 'flavor' their water? My rep said I could use something as long as it used Splenda or truvia. I'm just afraid it will slow my weightloss down...but it does really help get all that water in.

Wine4me
10-19-2013, 04:21 AM
If you check the labels some Mio and Crystal light liquids are made with splenda. I use them a few times a week, and then add lime to my plain water.

Slipfree
10-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Happy Saturday everyone!

Today is weigh in day for me. Feeling rested and positive. As I am losing weight, I have to be careful not to focus on how many pounds I still want to giveaway. Trying to keep a positive mantra of "every pound gone is a blessing" but I struggle with being critical of how my body looks. It may be that I am actually looking at it for the first time in a very long time. Anyone else feeling this?

scottysgirl7682
10-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Ok, so I started today so I guess I fall in this category.

So far, it's going ok, except for the fact that I'm SUPER hungry and feel a headache coming on. I just got thru eating lunch (2 cups of veggies with unlimited lettuce, and a chocolate shake), and it's still not really satisfying. I'm trying to stick to this and not cheat, which I don't think will be a problem, but my question is, what happens when I get really, REALLY hungry? What can I have that isn't restricted?

Slipfree
10-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Welcome Scottysgirl! When I am really hungry, I have a cup of decafe tea. I am pretty sure unlimited is only lettuce. My coach suggested that I have 2 oz. of protein at lunch with my veggies then 6 oz. at dinner. The hunger has lessened for me as time passed.

Welcome Givingitaway!

2nd Weigh in today for me. Worked away 6.6 pounds and 15 inches. Total so far 13.5. Really excited that my clinic will now let me weigh in every two weeks, because it will extend my coaching sessions(which cost $$)

On another note, I really liked the new unrestricted crisps. Will def. order more.

wantanewme
10-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi everyone welcome to the new members!

The hunger, nausea, and headaches will get better after a few days. It typically takes the liver about 3 days to use up its glycogen reserves. Until then you will still have the highs and lows associated with sugar.

So last night I was really hungry so I had an extra unrestricted. This morning I had lost a pound! I think sometimes I need to feed my metabolism to seek movement. I will ask my coach about adding in an extra packet on the rare days that I still feel hungry after all my meals.

kelseys928
10-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi all!
My name is Kelsey and I am 23. I started on October 3rd and have been trolling these forums for a while decided to join in on the fun! I am down 12 lbs so far and have my third weigh in Wednesday. I have not really had much complaints about IP yet. I have to say the no drinking is what has been the toughest which is pretty sad haha, but what can I say my friends like to drink and Ive been known to have a couple on the weekends. The way I look at it, though, my friends just got themselves a free DD for a couple months!

MelissaKate73
10-19-2013, 09:25 PM

The hunger, nausea, and headaches will get better after a few days. It typically takes the liver about 3 days to use up its glycogen reserves. Until then you will still have the highs and lows associated with sugar.

So last night I was really hungry so I had an extra unrestricted. This morning I had lost a pound! I think sometimes I need to feed my metabolism to seek movement. I will ask my coach about adding in an extra packet on the rare days that I still feel hungry after all my meals.

I think that's a great idea! I may do the same. I have occasional days where I can't seem to quit feeling hungry, too.

Hi all!
My name is Kelsey and I am 23. I started on October 3rd and have been trolling these forums for a while decided to join in on the fun! I am down 12 lbs so far and have my third weigh in Wednesday. I have not really had much complaints about IP yet. I have to say the no drinking is what has been the toughest which is pretty sad haha, but what can I say my friends like to drink and Ive been known to have a couple on the weekends. The way I look at it, though, my friends just got themselves a free DD for a couple months!

Welcome, Kelsey! Just think how popular you'll be with all your friends since you can chauffeur them around every weekend! :)

mpfskinnyme
10-19-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm hoping there's room for one more! This is my 2nd day of IP. I went in for the appointment on Wed and started on Thursday(18th). Things seem to be going ok so far. I feel like I spend half my day running to the potty though!:o. I tried the vegetarian bean chili today. It was okay. I think next time I'll saute some mushrooms and throw those in.

I do have one question. Is anyone else using something to 'flavor' their water? My rep said I could use something as long as it used Splenda or truvia. I'm just afraid it will slow my weightloss down...but it does really help get all that water in.
I started on Thursday too!

Today is day 3 for me and I'm surprised I'm not feeling nearly as bad as I did the first time I did IP. Had a successful dinner tonight with my family. I was able to order Tuna and asked them to substitute the potatoes with steamed spinach instead. I had sparkling water with Lime instead of the wine!

So happy to make it past day 3 because last time after the 3 day mark it got much easier!

mpfskinnyme
10-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Slipfree- Awesome weigh in! Congrats!

Kelsey- I'm sure the no drinking will be a challenge... but, you definitely have the right attitude about it. and it's not forever!
I have two kids and I went 9 months with each of them without drinking. I'm thinking I can do it again!

Givingitaway
10-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes and welcome to all the other newbies! So, I've been reading through some of threads and I have some questions regarding the IP products.

When I joined I wasn't given a nutritional info sheet on the products that some people posted about receiving. Is this something I should have received? I have just been trying my sample products and other than following the 1 restricted items a day rule, I haven't been worrying about choosing items lower in carbs because I don't know those counts. I found a nutritional sheet posted on this site but I think it's old because it doesn't have all the products on it. Anyone have or know where I can get, a newer one?

My plan was to do a choc shake every morning but I read on here that the choc shake has a pretty high carb count. :(

wantanewme
10-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the warm welcomes and welcome to all the other newbies! So, I've been reading through some of threads and I have some questions regarding the IP products.

When I joined I wasn't given a nutritional info sheet on the products that some people posted about receiving. Is this something I should have received? I have just been trying my sample products and other than following the 1 restricted items a day rule, I haven't been worrying about choosing items lower in carbs because I don't know those counts. I found a nutritional sheet posted on this site but I think it's old because it doesn't have all the products on it. Anyone have or know where I can get, a newer one?

My plan was to do a choc shake every morning but I read on here that the choc shake has a pretty high carb count. :(

My coach told me to have two unrestricted packets and one restricted packets a day. And 8 ounces of lean protein at night as well as 4 cups of veggies split between lunch and dinner. When you say chocolate shake are you referring to the ready to drink chocolate drink? That's an unrestricted item and is actually quite low on carbs with only 4 grams. Best of luck to you :)

Givingitaway
10-20-2013, 01:23 AM
My coach told me to have two unrestricted packets and one restricted packets a day. And 8 ounces of lean protein at night as well as 4 cups of veggies split between lunch and dinner. When you say chocolate shake are you referring to the ready to drink chocolate drink? That's an unrestricted item and is actually quite low on carbs with only 4 grams. Best of luck to you :)

Wantanewme, I am doing the same as far as 2 unrestricted, 1 restricted, veggies, and protein dinner. When I asked for a 'shake' to use for breakfasts they gave me a box of choc drink mix, which I think has 8 or 9 carbs. Its not a horrible amount but I feel I can def choose something with a lower count. I've been googling the nutritional data so I can make better decisions. I feel like I was just given a bag of food and told to eat it! Lol.

Slipfree
10-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Slipfree- Awesome weigh in! Congrats!

Kelsey- I'm sure the no drinking will be a challenge... but, you definitely have the right attitude about it. and it's not forever!
I have two kids and I went 9 months with each of them without drinking. I'm thinking I can do it again!

Thank you Mpfskinnyme, I really appreciate the support.

Kelsey, I miss the social ritual of wine with my friends too. It is an adjustment. My birthday is coming up and we are all going out to dinner. It will be a struggle-but I have a plan and I will prevail!

Has anyone had the chocolate pancake? For restricted product, I am not a fan. Although, it was bread like in texture.

chubbySister
10-20-2013, 06:31 PM

Kelsey, I miss the social ritual of wine with my friends too. It is an adjustment. My birthday is coming up and we are all going out to dinner. It will be a struggle-but I have a plan and I will prevail!

Has anyone had the chocolate pancake? For restricted product, I am not a fan. Although, it was bread like in texture.

I LOVE the chocolate pancake but I don't eat it as a pancake. I have it every day for breakfast and just cook it for like 1.5 minutes in the microwave and it comes out like slightly raw brownie batter! Sooooo yummy and it really makes me feel like I'm starting the day off with a gooey treat!

IdealProteinNewbie
10-20-2013, 10:06 PM
I LOVE the chocolate pancake but I don't eat it as a pancake. I have it every day for breakfast and just cook it for like 1.5 minutes in the microwave and it comes out like slightly raw brownie batter! Sooooo yummy and it really makes me feel like I'm starting the day off with a gooey treat!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the chocolate pancake is being discontinued. Stock up while you can!

LUCCILOVE
10-20-2013, 10:18 PM
How do you know when something is being discontinued? Is it online or is your counselor that tells you? Just curious.

Going for my 2nd weigh in tom. Dont feel like I lost anything we will see.

IdealProteinNewbie
10-20-2013, 10:25 PM
How do you know when something is being discontinued? Is it online or is your counselor that tells you? Just curious.

Going for my 2nd weigh in tom. Dont feel like I lost anything we will see.

My coach got an email from IP headquarters.

Madi100
10-20-2013, 10:28 PM
I am starting tomorrow so I'm just making the end of October. I'm glad to have found this site, because I could use the support. I have a couple friends who have done this diet. So, I have them. Then I also have dear friend who is just going to kick my butt.

Slipfree
10-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Chubbysister- I think I just like some of the other restricted choices more. Glad that you found out in time to stock up.

Luccilove- Good luck tomorrow!

Madi100- Welcome. This is a great place for start up info.

As for me. I am stressed -decided last week to refi my mortgage. Now the appraiser is coming. Spent the last two days reorganizing the house, trying to tame the Fall Chaos. Still have not started on the garage and it looks like a wilderness. I keep waiting for that IP boost of energy but so far it has not shown up.

LUCCILOVE
10-20-2013, 11:42 PM
I am tired too. By 8pm I am done. I also have some trouble sleeping.

What happens if we go over the EVVO amount? Is that super bad?

What is the max salt you use in a day? Just wondering...

I find it is tough when I cook some stuff different for my husband because I either want to taste it to see if it is done or cause it is there. That is my little cheat

chubbySister
10-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Welcome Madi100 and good luck with the WI in LUCCILOVE! I'm not sure if going over the EVOO amount is really bad, but I can't imagine that an extra teaspoon or 2 will derail you since we are allowed to have like an extra packet/shake which has more carbs than EVOO does.

As for the salt, I really, really hate salty food. I find it difficult to add 1/4 teaspoon to my dinner since I feel like I'm eating food coated in ocean water but I've noticed I do get a bit light-headed in the afternoon so I've been trying hard to add extra salt to my lunch as well. I try not to eat more than 2500 mg of salt a day since that's around the recommended amount (the ideal salt has 250 mg/ 1/4 teaspoon).

Slipfree good luck with the house/waiting for the boost in energy! Maybe try going for a short walk to boost energy/clear the mind? Exercise helps me when I'm stressed even when I feel like I don't have time for it.

And IdealProteinNewbie, a little part of me just died on the inside.

pamperedKate
10-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi! Welcome!! Good luck and I look forward to supporting one another :)

Thanks! me too!! Congrats on your loss at your weigh in too!! I have my first one tonight and since we don't have a scale at home I have no clue where I'll land... my gut (no pun intended!!) tells me minus 5, but we'll see!! Pretty excited to find out the results of this first crazy week!! :)

iwannabe140
10-21-2013, 11:30 AM
I started Oct 15. First weigh in tomorrow..scared but hopeful!

emsmom97
10-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi all!

Hi Kelsey! What a great way to put a positive spin on things. I too have become the DD for everyone. I discovered that one way to feel "included" is to have a diet tonic water with a lime twist in it. People don't know if you are having an adult beverage or not. I used this technique in the past and it really helps take the "pressure" off of you to drink. My friends used to think I was having a Gin & Tonic when really, I had zero calorie water with a twist.:)

pamperedKate
10-21-2013, 11:41 AM

Ha! The first IP food I tried was the chocolate pancake and I was so turned off I wasn't sure I could do the diet! Thank goodness the other foods aren't as bad. That one is horrible lol!

I also miss my wine (usually had a glass every night, 3 or 4 out with my hubby and friends on weekends) so it's been a big adjustment. My coach is an RN and the IP program is run through my cardiolist's office, so they tend to give a lot of medical "WHY" and "WHY NOT" when they tell us rules, and one thing that's helped me is they said that on this diet your body literally is unable to process/filter alcohol, so that even one glass would result in a BAC above the legal limit and put you at risk for a DUI... that was enough to scare me!!:tantrum::tantrum:

Jig
10-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I have yet to try the chocolate pancake as my office is always out of it.

I did try the new garlic and herb crisps and I really enjoy them. Gave me that salty, savory crunch I've been missing. I'm not crazy about a lot of vegetables, but I used the crisps essentially as croutons for a spinach salad with just a little walden farms dressing.

I also like them just lightly dabbed in hot sauce and forgo the sea salt with lunch. (My IP coach said a little hot sauce such as tapatio, crystals...is fine as long as the recommended serviing size is followed). Plus the crisps are unrestricted. It's my new favorite snack!

LUCCILOVE
10-21-2013, 01:22 PM
So excited just came back from my 2nd weigh in- lost 1.5 lbs and 1 inch of my waist at weigh in--I thought I gained. I have to stop checking myself on the scale-it is driving me crazy.

pamperedKate-where are u from and what IP clinic you go to? I am in Alexandria, VA and go to the Cardiologist specialists on Kenmore Ave. Sounds like you might go to the same one?

I am not a big salt eater either-the first couple of days I did not like using the salt but now I try to put it in stuff I might not taste it.

emsmom97
10-21-2013, 01:45 PM
So excited just came back from my 2nd weigh in- lost 1.5 lbs and 1 inch of my waist at weigh in--I thought I gained. I have to stop checking myself on the scale-it is driving me crazy.

pamperedKate-where are u from and what IP clinic you go to? I am in Alexandria, VA and go to the Cardiologist specialists on Kenmore Ave. Sounds like you might go to the same one?

I am not a big salt eater either-the first couple of days I did not like using the salt but now I try to put it in stuff I might not taste it.

Woo hoo! Great success. Congratulations:carrot:

pamperedKate
10-21-2013, 03:14 PM

I go to Lansdowne - but I know the cardiology practice has offices all over so they may be related! I love that they have a separate IP "room" for us, and a swap basket -- lots of people buy just 3 boxes but stick 1/2 of it in the swap basket, so you can get a good variety by swapping out things in your own boxes. It definitely helps with the variety :)

Slipfree
10-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Congrats Luccilove!

Slipfree
10-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Ha! The first IP food I tried was the chocolate pancake and I was so turned off I wasn't sure I could do the diet! Thank goodness the other foods aren't as bad. That one is horrible lol!

I also miss my wine (usually had a glass every night, 3 or 4 out with my hubby and friends on weekends) so it's been a big adjustment. My coach is an RN and the IP program is run through my cardiolist's office, so they tend to give a lot of medical "WHY" and "WHY NOT" when they tell us rules, and one thing that's helped me is they said that on this diet your body literally is unable to process/filter alcohol, so that even one glass would result in a BAC above the legal limit and put you at risk for a DUI... that was enough to scare me!!:tantrum::tantrum:

Thanks for the info. The coach did explain the whole liver/ toxin/no ketosis thing. I shall have to whine about no wine. He tried to tell me that birthdays were not about food and wine. He obviously did not grow up with my family:D:D

Slipfree
10-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Welcome Madi100 and good luck with the WI in LUCCILOVE! I'm not sure if going over the EVOO amount is really bad, but I can't imagine that an extra teaspoon or 2 will derail you since we are allowed to have like an extra packet/shake which has more carbs than EVOO does.

As for the salt, I really, really hate salty food. I find it difficult to add 1/4 teaspoon to my dinner since I feel like I'm eating food coated in ocean water but I've noticed I do get a bit light-headed in the afternoon so I've been trying hard to add extra salt to my lunch as well. I try not to eat more than 2500 mg of salt a day since that's around the recommended amount (the ideal salt has 250 mg/ 1/4 teaspoon).

Slipfree good luck with the house/waiting for the boost in energy! Maybe try going for a short walk to boost energy/clear the mind? Exercise helps me when I'm stressed even when I feel like I don't have time for it.

And IdealProteinNewbie, a little part of me just died on the inside.

The dang appraiser is coming tomorrow at 6:00. He obviously does not understand parent conference week for teachers. Irritated by the whole thing, I just went for my refi meeting on Thurs. I straightened out the garage, now I have to do three loads of laundry, vacuum the whole house, wipe down my cupboards and wash the kitchen floor. I am not loving Bob the Appraisal guy.

Good luck PamperedKate with your weigh in.

kelseys928
10-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all of the welcomes :) this week has been tough for an unknown reason, i know the third week is tough a lot. thought about giving up and going to a less restrictive plan but think I will just keep powering through. Hoping for a big weigh in Wednesday but my at home scale shows only a 2-3 lb loss so we will see.

emsmom97
10-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all of the welcomes :) this week has been tough for an unknown reason, i know the third week is tough a lot. thought about giving up and going to a less restrictive plan but think I will just keep powering through. Hoping for a big weigh in Wednesday but my at home scale shows only a 2-3 lb loss so we will see.
Oh no! I'm about to enter week 3...week 2 WI is tomorrow morning. Power through. Remember, you've LOST weight. No matter how small or large, a loss is a loss. I know it's easy to say, but we really need to focus on the fact that we are losing weight. And don't forget about the inches too! Hang in there!!!

mpfskinnyme
10-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the info. The coach did explain the whole liver/ toxin/no ketosis thing. I shall have to whine about no wine. He tried to tell me that birthdays were not about food and wine. He obviously did not grow up with my family:D:D

I had to sign a form that said I would not drink any alcohol. I'm not sure if that is at every clinic or not. I didn't have to last year when I started IP. But, they told me that a guy from the clinic had one drink and passed out and ended up with a really banged up face- so now they make everyone sign the form so they are sure to not be liable! And someone else they learned about at a conference actually crashed their car after a drink. Very dangerous indeed!

I know what you mean about family... I will join you in whining about no wine!! Cheers... with my seltzer!

kelseys928
10-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh no! I'm about to enter week 3...week 2 WI is tomorrow morning. Power through. Remember, you've LOST weight. No matter how small or large, a loss is a loss. I know it's easy to say, but we really need to focus on the fact that we are losing weight. And don't forget about the inches too! Hang in there!!!

Thanks so much. This place is good for support

claustin
10-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi Ladies (and any gentlemen) I am hoping to join this forum :) I have done IP this Past spring with great success :) Lost 26 lbs in 5 weeks and 16 inches. But instead of phasing off I just quit. So needless to say, I put back on that plus more over the summer. It has taken me this long to mentally prepare myself to start again. I have spent the past 2 months attempting and I have even completed 2-3 days then would slip and quit again. But today I am determined im in this till the end. I am fed up with how I feel and look and trying to get dressed in the mornings :(

Good luck to all you wonderful IP'ers!

airportchick11
10-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi Ladies (and any gentlemen) I am hoping to join this forum :) I have done IP this Past spring with great success :) Lost 26 lbs in 5 weeks and 16 inches. But instead of phasing off I just quit. So needless to say, I put back on that plus more over the summer. It has taken me this long to mentally prepare myself to start again. I have spent the past 2 months attempting and I have even completed 2-3 days then would slip and quit again. But today I am determined im in this till the end. I am fed up with how I feel and look and trying to get dressed in the mornings :(

Welcome Back!! Don't quit, commit to seeing this thing through...all the way through!
That's what I tell myself periodically...I have to. I have to change the way I THINK about food or this will never work for me. I have to recognize my wants and needs. Trust me I WANT a diet coke so bad, but just what if it took me out of ketosis (the argument is still out on that) JUST IF...is that diet coke worth $85 dollars to me? That's how much I pay a week and if it throws me out, and then it takes me a couple days to get back into it, well, I've thrown away $85!

I had my week 2 WI today, down 3 lbs! woot woot!!

claustin
10-21-2013, 10:01 PM
That's an awesome way to look at it airportchick11! $85 is an expensive coke ;)

I know the talk about ketosis but it works for me. If I eat between 800-900 calories a day I stay in ketosis. Anything over and im out. So that's a big motivator for me. As well, I have a bunch of post it notes on my fridge. One pack has days on plan with "treats" every 10 days or so. And one has pounds lost with a "treat" every 10 lbs. "treats" can be anything from a spa day, to new clothes, anything I really want really :) it seems to work cause I get to pull one off every day if I stay on plan

I need to just keep telling myself that I am stronger and have more will power then the chocolate bars in my pantry! (I have a hubby and kids who are skinny skinny and wont let me throw them out lol) But I will prove to myself that I can do it! I did it for 5 weeks before and seen amazing results. I can do it again now :)

claustin
10-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Oh! And Congrats on your Weight loss!!

airportchick11
10-21-2013, 10:04 PM
That's an awesome way to look at it airportchick11! $85 is an expensive coke ;)

I know the talk about ketosis but it works for me. If I eat between 800-900 calories a day I stay in ketosis. Anything over and im out. So that's a big motivator for me. As well, I have a bunch of post it notes on my fridge. One pack has days on plan with "treats" every 10 days or so. And one has pounds lost with a "treat" every 10 lbs. "treats" can be anything from a spa day, to new clothes, anything I really want really :) it seems to work cause I get to pull one off every day if I stay on plan

I need to just keep telling myself that I am stronger and have more will power then the chocolate bars in my pantry! (I have a hubby and kids who are skinny skinny and wont let me throw them out lol) But I will prove to myself that I can do it! I did it for 5 weeks before and seen amazing results. I can do it again now :)

I can totally relate! My skinny husband and step-son have a chocolate bar every night. OR other tempting crazy things. I just find something in the other room to do or get on here. :dizzy:
I created a reward list for every 10 lbs. too. None are food related and I can't wait to get all 4 of those items!!

airportchick11
10-21-2013, 10:05 PM
I must add...both skinny husband AND step-son had their health checks at work. Hubby is now on Lipitor and son is close!

claustin
10-21-2013, 10:11 PM
My hubby is very active and very healthy. he is a welder, trapper and hunter. On the go 24/7 and hasn't gained weight since high school haha he can eat non-stop and not gain an ounce. Im sure it will catch up to him at some point. He's the type that snacks while waiting for supper to be ready and eats 2 servings of supper. Gotta love them huh? And my girls are only 3 & 6 so they have limited treats a day. But they are both like him. Can eat non-stop and are under weight and above average for height!! Don't know how they both lucked out with daddys genes. Wish I could have gotten a few ;)

wantanewme
10-21-2013, 10:13 PM
I can totally relate! My skinny husband and step-son have a chocolate bar every night. OR other tempting crazy things. I just find something in the other room to do or get on here. :dizzy:
I created a reward list for every 10 lbs. too. None are food related and I can't wait to get all 4 of those items!!

I have a non-food reward list too! I think it's a great way to shift the focus from food to other fun and wonderful things in life! What kinds of things do you have on yours? Mine has things like massages, manicures, getting my hair blown out at the salon, and a shopping spree when I'm at my goal.

Slipfree
10-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Cleaning break, still haven't eaten dinner. One more room to vacuum. Then laundry. I see the end in sight.

Way to go airport chick! Great loss.

Welcome Claustin. I love your reward idea.

Kelsey, you are giving away 3 pounds- that is a lot. In ten weeks, around the holidays it will be 30 pounds.

Mpfskinnyme, those stories are scary! I had already decided that getting kicked out of ketosis was reason enough, but you gave me motivation and an excuse to use with my family.

wantanewme
10-21-2013, 10:16 PM

Welcome! You did it once and you can do it again! We have similar starting and goal weights. Let's cheer each other on :)

claustin
10-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Welcome! You did it once and you can do it again! We have similar starting and goal weights. Let's cheer each other on :)

Sounds good to me! I'll add you to my friends list ;)

LUCCILOVE
10-21-2013, 10:21 PM
I go to Lansdowne - but I know the cardiology practice has offices all over so they may be related! I love that they have a separate IP "room" for us, and a swap basket -- lots of people buy just 3 boxes but stick 1/2 of it in the swap basket, so you can get a good variety by swapping out things in your own boxes. It definitely helps with the variety :)

That is great your place has a swap basket - mine has nothing. You have to buy the whole box and if you dont like too bad. Which stinks cause I have 2 packets of drinks I hate and they wont take them back. It is also for hard for me to try new things cause I would hate to not like it and then I cant swamp it out

Slipfree-thanks for your encouragement! Good luck!

airportchick11
10-21-2013, 10:47 PM
I have a non-food reward list too! I think it's a great way to shift the focus from food to other fun and wonderful things in life! What kinds of things do you have on yours? Mine has things like massages, manicures, getting my hair blown out at the salon, and a shopping spree when I'm at my goal.

1st 10lbs-Kendra Scott earrings
2nd 10lbs-Sunglasses (good pair)
3rd. 10lbs- new cowboy boots
4th and goal-FULL spa day

wantanewme
10-22-2013, 10:30 AM
1st 10lbs-Kendra Scott earrings
2nd 10lbs-Sunglasses (good pair)
3rd. 10lbs- new cowboy boots
4th and goal-FULL spa day

I love those! I said I'd get a massage after every 10 pounds. At this rate that's one a month. Might have to rethink that one!
I'm also going to hire a personal trainer in January.
I have new lingerie in there too. That should be lots of fun :)

scottysgirl7682
10-22-2013, 10:35 AM

I think you're right. I started feeling better halfway thru the second day. I was feeling sooooooo hungry on Sunday, so about 2 or 2:30, I had my restriction, and didn't feel hungry until dinner. After dinner, I was full, and had to force myself to eat some cucumbers so I could take the last of my Cal-Mag for the day. I've felt fine ever since.

Madi100
10-22-2013, 12:12 PM
I think you're right. I started feeling better halfway thru the second day. I was feeling sooooooo hungry on Sunday, so about 2 or 2:30, I had my restriction, and didn't feel hungry until dinner. After dinner, I was full, and had to force myself to eat some cucumbers so I could take the last of my Cal-Mag for the day. I've felt fine ever since.

On my second day and my headache is horrific. I drank some salt water, and if I have to do that again, pretty sure I will throw up. I'm not really hungry, just a horrible headache.

Have to ask, why did you have to eat cucumbers to take the Cal-Mag? Is there a reasoning behind this?

I was told if I'm really hungry to eat an extra bar. I think that's a dangerous thing to tell me. Then I just start making excuses as to why I can eat different things. I need to be strict to this plan. I've got a friend who eats cheese and drinks one pop a day and has actually found alcohol with no carbs and does that. It's good to read about the no alcohol and why. Will definitely stay away from that.

emsmom97
10-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Good morning! Off to my second WI in a few minutes, but wanted to stop by to say hi! Had a funny moment this morning with the hubby (well, funny for me at least). He weighed in this morning since I weigh in today...he didn't lose any weight from his weigh in on Saturday. He was crushed. I just laughed. I know if was mean, but now he knows how I feel most of the time. CRUSHED! He couldn't understand how he is eating right and working out yet lost nothing! I am usually in that same boat, so while I sympathize with him, I was actually feeling pretty good at the same time. Maybe now, he can relate to how I feel when I work hard, eat right and the scale doesn't budge.

Will check in later with my results. Have a great day all!

scottysgirl7682
10-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Have to ask, why did you have to eat cucumbers to take the Cal-Mag? Is there a reasoning behind this?

The directions on the bottle say to take 2 Cal-Mag twice a day, one dose at dinner and one dose with your evening snack. I have a bar in the afternoon as my restriction, as it holds me better than the cukes do in between lunch and dinner. I am limiting myself to one restriction per day, and it seems to be working, but that's just personal preference. I think the only supplement you're allowed to take without food is the potassium pill, but I take all of them with food.

Jig
10-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Here's some positive things to think about if you had a week with a poor weigh in and you feel disappointed you didn't lose more.

1) Think about how you would've been eating if you weren't on plan. Lots of chocolate or chips? Lots of wine? Lots of carbs? You may not of lost much but you saved yourself from gaining anything as well.
2) Focus on overall health. it's hard to know what is going on inside your body. Maybe you're setting yourself up for a big loss next week? Maybe your body is doing some "house cleaning".
3) If you didn't lose, use it as a training experience. Look back at what you had this week. Did you possibly cheat a little and lie to yourself about it? Is there somewhere you could have improved? Motivate yourself to do better, don't belittle yourself and make it worse.
4) Remind yourself what you are doing this for! Even though we all want to lose weight, we probably have vastly different motives. Some of us just want better health, others may want to fit into a certain outfit for a special event, or any other 1000 reasons. Focus on your goals and use this down week to recommit. Even though I just started, I can already see differences in how I look. Look in the mirror and remind yourself you're worth it! :D

pamperedKate
10-22-2013, 01:47 PM
That is great your place has a swap basket - mine has nothing. You have to buy the whole box and if you dont like too bad. Which stinks cause I have 2 packets of drinks I hate and they wont take them back. It is also for hard for me to try new things cause I would hate to not like it and then I cant swamp it out

LUCCILOVE let me know if you ever want to swap anything - I work in McLean and totally need variety if I'm going to stick to this diet! The swap basket was a little disappointing at my weigh in last night (only had a few things to swap out for!) BUT...

I lost 7 pounds and 2" off my waist!! Pretty happy about that for a first weigh in!! :flow1::hyper::twirly::yes:

wantanewme
10-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Jig,
Great advice!

Lucci and PamperedKate,
I'm in Nova too!

Maddi,
If I were you and wanted to have an extra snack I wouldn't have a bar. Those are restricted and have more carbs. I go with an unrestricted because it fills me up without the extra carbs.

Scottysgirl,
Glad you're feeling less hungry.

wantanewme
10-22-2013, 02:28 PM
LUCCILOVE let me know if you ever want to swap anything - I work in McLean and totally need variety if I'm going to stick to this diet! The swap basket was a little disappointing at my weigh in last night (only had a few things to swap out for!) BUT...

I lost 7 pounds and 2" off my waist!! Pretty happy about that for a first weigh in!! :flow1::hyper::twirly::yes:

Yay! That's fantastic. Congrats :carrot:

wantanewme
10-22-2013, 02:31 PM
On my second day and my headache is horrific. I drank some salt water, and if I have to do that again, pretty sure I will throw up. I'm not really hungry, just a horrible headache.

I was told if I'm really hungry to eat an extra bar. I think that's a dangerous thing to tell me. Then I just start making excuses as to why I can eat different things. I need to be strict to this plan. I've got a friend who eats cheese and drinks one pop a day and has actually found alcohol with no carbs and does that. It's good to read about the no alcohol and why. Will definitely stay away from that.

Regarding the alcohol: my coach said that since we are giving our liver and pancreas a rest on this diet drinking alcohol can make us hypoglycemic and very sick. So it's as much about that as it is about avoiding carbs. Some alcohol like vodka had zero carbs but it would still be a bad idea on a diet like this.

pamperedKate
10-22-2013, 02:52 PM

LUCCILOVE, let me know if you ever want to swap anything - I'm not too far from Alexandria (I work at CapitalOne in McLean) and totally need variety if I'm going to stick to this diet! The office swap basket was a little disappointing at my weigh in last night (only had a few things to swap out for!) BUT...

Madi100
10-22-2013, 03:42 PM
LUCCILOVE, let me know if you ever want to swap anything - I'm not too far from Alexandria (I work at CapitalOne in McLean) and totally need variety if I'm going to stick to this diet! The office swap basket was a little disappointing at my weigh in last night (only had a few things to swap out for!) BUT...

Way to go on the weight loss!

LUCCILOVE
10-22-2013, 03:44 PM

pamperedKate--I would love to do that. Or I cant mail it to u. U tell me. What are you looking for? I do have 1 packet of the Wildberry Drink and 1 packet of Peach & Mango Drink. (I hate drinking my food so I will never use them) I also just bought some other food as well.

I just bought potato puree, carmal nut bars(pretty good), mushroom & chicken soup, reg rotini, rotini w tomato and basil and bolognese (I have other stuff)

If it is easier please feel free to email me at wetravel at gmail dot com

claustin
10-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Good day everyone! Day 2 and going strong :) haven't hit a low patch yet or any side effects but I usually get a headache on day 3, here's to hoping it doesn't happen.

Haven't had any restrictions since starting either which is a huge accomplishment for me. However next week is TOM so it will more than likely change lol I like my sweets and am the type to eat more then one once I start. So I save them till I absolutely need one.

Has anyone tried "big Mac in a bowl"? Im tempted to try it but nervous at the same time.

Hope everyone has a fantastic op day

scottysgirl7682
10-22-2013, 04:29 PM
However next week is TOM so it will more than likely change lol I like my sweets and am the type to eat more then one once I start.

Question for you... I saw this before but can't figure out what it means. I'll probably to a face-palm after you answer, tho. What does TOM mean?

Jig
10-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Question for you... I saw this before but can't figure out what it means. I'll probably to a face-palm after you answer, tho. What does TOM mean?

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

claustin
10-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Time of month lol

kelseys928
10-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Good day everyone! Day 2 and going strong :) haven't hit a low patch yet or any side effects but I usually get a headache on day 3, here's to hoping it doesn't happen.

Haven't had any restrictions since starting either which is a huge accomplishment for me. However next week is TOM so it will more than likely change lol I like my sweets and am the type to eat more then one once I start. So I save them till I absolutely need one.

Has anyone tried "big Mac in a bowl"? Im tempted to try it but nervous at the same time.

Had the Big Mac in a bowl the first week and loved it! I changed the ground beef out for ground turkey and did not have any dressing but was still delicious. I mixed in a little hot sauce while the ground turkey was cooking to give it a little flavor

scottysgirl7682
10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Wow, duh! Sorry, LOL!

I know it only as Dracula...

wantanewme
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Claustin,
I didn't like the Big Mac in a bowl because the Walden Fatms thousand island had a sickeningly sweet after taste. My husband like it though. He requested it for tonight :)

Wine4me
10-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, fingers crossed.

airportchick11
10-22-2013, 07:05 PM

Love my Big Mac in a bowl. It's my go to dinner when I don't have too much time or don't know what to have.

wantanewme
10-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, fingers crossed.

For me too! Good luck :)

emsmom97
10-22-2013, 07:21 PM
For me too! Good luck :)

Good luck! Had my second weigh in today. Down another 6.6 pounds! That puts me at 13.8 pounds in two weeks. I can't believe it. Finally....a diet that works!!!:)

wantanewme
10-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Good luck! Had my second weigh in today. Down another 6.6 pounds! That puts me at 13.8 pounds in two weeks. I can't believe it. Finally....a diet that works!!!:)

That's awesome!! Keep it up :)

Slipfree
10-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Great weigh-ins, Pampered Kate and Emsmom97!

Appraisal is done. I am totally exhausted. Parent conferences start tomorrow. Going to bed early, I hope!

New starters, sounds like things are moving along. Definitely have sympathy for those of you suffering the headache. It does get better.

Slipfree
10-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh, and good luck tomorrow, Wine4me!

stephascope
10-22-2013, 08:28 PM
I am on day three of IP. Thank goodness for this forum. I will be checking in every day for motivation! Feeling a bit grumpy and brain dead right now but starting to feel better after reading your posts and settling down with my green tea :D

emsmom97
10-22-2013, 09:04 PM
I am on day three of IP. Thank goodness for this forum. I will be checking in every day for motivation! Feeling a bit grumpy and brain dead right now but starting to feel better after reading your posts and settling down with my green tea :D

It does get better. Make sure you have your salt and plenty of water. They really help.

wantanewme
10-22-2013, 09:05 PM

Hi :welcome2:
Glad you're joining us. Hang in there! It gets a lot easier after day 3.

airportchick11
10-22-2013, 10:17 PM

WAY TO GO!!!

airportchick11
10-22-2013, 10:19 PM

I was quite the bear, and it's been a couple days since I've been moody. It does get better!!

airportchick11
10-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Great weigh-ins, Pampered Kate and Emsmom97!

Appraisal is done. I am totally exhausted. Parent conferences start tomorrow. Going to bed early, I hope!

New starters, sounds like things are moving along. Definitely have sympathy for those of you suffering the headache. It does get better.

Yay for appraisal being done!! Get some sleep and don't forget to take care of yourself through the chaos!

Madi100
10-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Starting Day 3. Had the worst headache all day yesterday. Where did I see the recipe for Big Mac in a bowl? I just saw that and though it looked good, but can't remember where.

Bella73123
10-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I am bursting with excitement and I just had to post. A little background for anyone that is not familiar with my story. I started IP last August, lost 50lbs in 3 months, without a single cheat...then everything just blew up! I tried and tried for months to not cheat, and eventually I took what was supposed to be a short break. I've tried and tried several times to restart and I messed it up every time after only a day or two. Well here I am again, and I am so happy to say that I made it through my entire first week, CHEAT FREE!!!! And the payoff? I lost 8.4 lbs!!! This is more than I lost the first week the first time I did IP and I was almost 15lbs heavier that time! I am finally feeling like I can do this. I know it's a slippery slope though...I can't even read that 90% thread, no way, not risking it! Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!

claustin
10-23-2013, 03:15 PM
I am bursting with excitement and I just had to post. A little background for anyone that is not familiar with my story. I started IP last August, lost 50lbs in 3 months, without a single cheat...then everything just blew up! I tried and tried for months to not cheat, and eventually I took what was supposed to be a short break. I've tried and tried several times to restart and I messed it up every time after only a day or two. Well here I am again, and I am so happy to say that I made it through my entire first week, CHEAT FREE!!!! And the payoff? I lost 8.4 lbs!!! This is more than I lost the first week the first time I did IP and I was almost 15lbs heavier that time! I am finally feeling like I can do this. I know it's a slippery slope though...I can't even read that 90% thread, no way, not risking it! Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!

:-) congratulations! No cheat weeks are awesome and so motivating! Its a great nsv just try to remember this feeling for the next 7 days :-)

wantanewme
10-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm just coming back from my weigh in. I lost 3 pounds and 4 inches this week.

emsmom97
10-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone!

Congrats, wanta! That is awesome. :carrot:

birdie2
10-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Congrats all!!! We share the same stats, Bella73123, but I am on day 2. Feeling okay, but definitely foggy minded, which is bothersome. Good for you to get back on track! You are strong and you can do it!!

Slipfree
10-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi everyone!

Hurray Wantanewme!!!:)

Welcome to all the new and re-newed people.

mpfskinnyme
10-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Back from my 1st weigh in and I lost 8lbs!!! So excited and it is such a reminder to myself of what I can do if I follow the program 100%! I want to keep this feeling all the way to goal!

mpfskinnyme
10-23-2013, 07:38 PM

That is Awesome!

I lost 8.4 lbs!!! This is more than I lost the first week the first time I did IP and I was almost 15lbs heavier that time! I am finally feeling like I can do this. I know it's a slippery slope though...I can't even read that 90% thread, no way, not risking it! Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!

Bella, I also lost more this first week than I did when I started last year. It also didn't seem quite as hard to get through the first few days. Maybe it was that I knew what to expect.

Hi everyone!

4 Inches is a ton!! Are you noticing a difference in your clothes?

Slipfree
10-23-2013, 08:02 PM
That is Awesome!

Bella, I also lost more this first week than I did when I started last year. It also didn't seem quite as hard to get through the first few days. Maybe it was that I knew what to expect.

Fantastic weigh ins! And another with- Mpfskinnyme,Way to go! I feel the same way about keeping this feeling. Ran into an acquaintance, she noticed that I have lost weight. I said, I am working on it. She asked, how? I said IP. She said that she had been on IP for two weeks. She asked about my weight loss, I had lost 9 pounds more in almost the same time. She said that she had been cheating a little bit the whole time. Reinforced the no cheat rule for me.

wantanewme
10-23-2013, 08:10 PM
That is Awesome!

I'm down one pant size. And today I went to use the bathroom and without thinking about it (because I've been living in yoga pants as I put more weight on) I pulled my pants down without unbuttoning them!! Lol. So yes, for sure noticing a difference.

wantanewme
10-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Back from my 1st weigh in and I lost 8lbs!!! So excited and it is such a reminder to myself of what I can do if I follow the program 100%! I want to keep this feeling all the way to goal!

That is excellent!! Good for you :carrot:

Wine4me
10-23-2013, 08:57 PM
OK I just had my weigh in, and am down 3.4, for a total of 10 pounds in my first three weeks!!!

Congrats on the other great weigh-ins!

Wine4me
10-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Another questions, What is the easier way to update the weight tracker?

I am computer inept, lol.

jemma51
10-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Back after spending 1!/2 in the hospital with my son. Unfortunately being three hours away and not having access to the food I needed I was off IP. I tried my hardest to only eat the salad in the cafeteria. Sticking only to mushroom, green onion, lettuce and califloer with vinegar and oil with some chicken. I'm afraid to weigh myself but will tomorrow morning to see if I gained any of what I lost last week. I'm so hoping I didn't gain.

wantanewme
10-23-2013, 09:58 PM
OK I just had my weigh in, and am down 3.4, for a total of 10 pounds in my first three weeks!!!

Congrats on the other great weigh-ins!

Congrats!! That rocks!
To change your ticket go to user cp then "edit signature". At the bottom where the code is you'll see three numbers. The last one is your current weight. Change that but make sure you don't change anything else. When you hit save your new weight will show up on the ticker.

airportchick11
10-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Way to go losers!!! So inspiring!!

I had a tough one today but persevered without a cheat. Company get together had a ton of sweets that I won't even mention! I'm pretty proud of me today!

wantanewme
10-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Back after spending 1!/2 in the hospital with my son. Unfortunately being three hours away and not having access to the food I needed I was off IP. I tried my hardest to only eat the salad in the cafeteria. Sticking only to mushroom, green onion, lettuce and califloer with vinegar and oil with some chicken. I'm afraid to weigh myself but will tomorrow morning to see if I gained any of what I lost last week. I'm so hoping I didn't gain.

I'm so sorry to hear your son was in the hospital. I hope he's ok.

Kawaii1002
10-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Here's some positive things to think about if you had a week with a poor weigh in and you feel disappointed you didn't lose more.

1) Think about how you would've been eating if you weren't on plan. Lots of chocolate or chips? Lots of wine? Lots of carbs? You may not of lost much but you saved yourself from gaining anything as well.
2) Focus on overall health. it's hard to know what is going on inside your body. Maybe you're setting yourself up for a big loss next week? Maybe your body is doing some "house cleaning".
3) If you didn't lose, use it as a training experience. Look back at what you had this week. Did you possibly cheat a little and lie to yourself about it? Is there somewhere you could have improved? Motivate yourself to do better, don't belittle yourself and make it worse.
4) Remind yourself what you are doing this for! Even though we all want to lose weight, we probably have vastly different motives. Some of us just want better health, others may want to fit into a certain outfit for a special event, or any other 1000 reasons. Focus on your goals and use this down week to recommit. Even though I just started, I can already see differences in how I look. Look in the mirror and remind yourself you're worth it! :D

Jig,

Thank you for this. I've been away from the website for a few days, so I'm trying to get caught up. This list is WONDERFUL!!!! :)

Kawaii1002
10-24-2013, 03:54 AM
So, I had my weigh in this past tuesday, was terrified of weighing in because I've been on meds that make you retain water and gain weight (prednisone and inhaled steroids)... Still, I stuck to plan Annnnndd... had a 4.2lb donation to the "give it away bank". For a total of 28.6lbs in 21 days.. I am astounded...

Wine4me
10-24-2013, 04:15 AM
So, I had my weigh in this past tuesday, was terrified of weighing in because I've been on meds that make you retain water and gain weight (prednisone and inhaled steroids)... Still, I stuck to plan Annnnndd... had a 4.2lb donation to the "give it away bank". For a total of 28.6lbs in 21 days.. I am astounded...

Congratulations , great job!!

wantanewme
10-24-2013, 08:58 AM

That's amazing! Congrats!!

Madi100
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Today has got to be a better day. I threw up twice yesterday. I am thinking it is from the multi-vitamin. Anyone else have issues taking that?

LUCCILOVE
10-24-2013, 09:46 AM
pamperedKate--

Wanted to let you know that I sent you 3 emails yesterday in case they are in your spam folder. Hope all is well. Thanks

Sweetness0915
10-24-2013, 10:03 AM
I have been wanting to start this program since last year but I was not determined enough to go. I knew of the program because of a lady in my church. She looks different and her fat just melted off. It happened so fast and my mom asked her how she did it and told her IP. I googled and did my research and saw so many success stories and I would dream of it being me one day. Well it's my turn now. I started October 4, 2013 @ 282 and lost 18.4 lbs so far. I'm excited and can't wait to get to my goal weight of 150.

lisa32989
10-24-2013, 10:07 AM
I have been wanting to start this program since last year but I was not determined enough to go. I knew of the program because of a lady in my church. She looks different and her fat just melted off. It happened so fast and my mom asked her how she did it and told her IP. I googled and did my research and saw so many success stories and I would dream of it being me one day. Well it's my turn now. I started October 4, 2013 @ 282 and lost 18.4 lbs so far. I'm excited and can't wait to get to my goal weight of 150.
This was me. I learned about IP from a friend EIGHT MONTHS before I started. I knew I'd need to be in the right frame if mind to stay compliant to lose over 100 lbs.

scottysgirl7682
10-24-2013, 10:52 AM
This was me. I learned about IP from a friend EIGHT MONTHS before I started. I knew I'd need to be in the right frame if mind to stay compliant to lose over 100 lbs.

Holy crap, you look amazing! Keep it up!!

emsmom97
10-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Way to go losers!!! So inspiring!!

I had a tough one today but persevered without a cheat. Company get together had a ton of sweets that I won't even mention! I'm pretty proud of me today!

Great NSV! Well done. I'm proud of you too!!!

iwannabe140
10-24-2013, 11:25 AM
how do I get a weight tracker???

emsmom97
10-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Today has got to be a better day. I threw up twice yesterday. I am thinking it is from the multi-vitamin. Anyone else have issues taking that?

Are you splitting them up and taking them with food? My doctor has me take one in the morning with breakfast and one with dinner. Seems to keep my tummy settled.

Hopefully you will be feeling better today!

emsmom97
10-24-2013, 11:27 AM
how do I get a weight tracker???

You need to post 20 times (I think that is the magic number) and be on here 20 days. Once I hit those magic numbers, I'm ready to post my tracker. I had to hunt around the boards to find out why I couldn't post my ticker, but that is what I found.

emsmom97
10-24-2013, 11:29 AM

Great success story and inspiration for you to start IP. Congrats on your loss...you will be at your goal before you know it.

Madi100
10-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Are you splitting them up and taking them with food? My doctor has me take one in the morning with breakfast and one with dinner. Seems to keep my tummy settled.

Hopefully you will be feeling better today!

One with breakfast and one with supper. I actually took the one with supper after I was done eating by about 15 minutes.

emsmom97
10-24-2013, 11:42 AM
One with breakfast and one with supper. I actually took the one with supper after I was done eating by about 15 minutes.

Hmmm....Not sure why they are making you sick. Or maybe it's something else. Hopefully today you are feeling better. Will be thinking of you and hoping all is well.

claustin
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM

have you thrown up everyday that you have been on the program while taking the vitamins? Try a day with no vitamins and see if that's it. Could be the calmag or potassium as well. I take mine with each meal but in between so it gets sandwiched in haha seems to work for me. Good luck!

Danger121512
10-24-2013, 11:55 AM

Oh my goodness I was so nauseated yesterday after taking my vitamins! I felt like I was preggo again :dizzy:

This morning I made a "english muffin" from Rainbow's recipes and I am feeling so much better with taking my vitamin.

Maybe try eating something a little "heavier" in the mornings? Hope this helps!

ButtBgone
10-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi. Just started this crazy diet on 10/7. Down 8.4 pounds with no slips. My biggest struggle is choking down all the required IP food, in addition to the veggies, protein and lettuce. More food than I typically have time to eat during the day. Missed a few of the items over the last few days and gained .6 pounds. WTH! Anyone else having a problem eating all that is required? :p

Danger121512
10-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi. Just started this crazy diet on 10/7. Down 8.4 pounds with no slips. My biggest struggle is choking down all the required IP food, in addition to the veggies, protein and lettuce. More food than I typically have time to eat during the day. Missed a few of the items over the last few days and gained .6 pounds. WTH! Anyone else having a problem eating all that is required? :p

I am having a hard time getting all of my vegetables in, so I started making a soupy puree. Look at the Rainbow recipe board that is located in the 1st or 2nd sticky thread at the the top of the main Ideal Protein thread. All of those recipes made me excited to eat my food, versus dreading choking down another packet of soup... Some people love the food, some people think its okay, and then there are those who just can't seem to find much of anything that they like. I would recommend playing with the recipes to find something that works for you! Hope this helps :) Oh and I asked my coach, she said that salad is not required, but it definitely helps you feel satiated... So ask your coach if you have to eat salad, or if you can just stick to your veggies and packets.

Danger121512
10-24-2013, 12:10 PM
You need to post 20 times (I think that is the magic number) and be on here 20 days. Once I hit those magic numbers, I'm ready to post my tracker. I had to hunt around the boards to find out why I couldn't post my ticker, but that is what I found.

I got a ticker by going to the edit signature tab in the user cp, there it tells you that you can get one from 3fatchicks, or ticker factory or I think there is one more... Anyways, check it out because I haven't been a member for 20 days nor have I posted 20 times... Hope that helps!

iwannabe140
10-24-2013, 12:17 PM
HMM No option to edit signature..

Sweetness0915
10-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Great success story and inspiration for you to start IP. Congrats on your loss...you will be at your goal before you know it.

Thank you so much. It feels good to know that people care and it gives me more motivation to continue going strong

Sweetness0915
10-24-2013, 12:35 PM

You look great! How long has it been so far to get to this point?

lisa32989
10-24-2013, 12:48 PM
You look great! How long has it been so far to get to this point?
Thanks! Approximately 10 months

Danger121512
10-24-2013, 12:56 PM

Well... That's weird... Do you have the "User CP" in the purple bar in the upper left side of the screen? I just clicked on it, and the first option in the left hand sidebar is "edit signature"...

I would post a screenshot, but I have no idea how to post pictures!

Bella73123
10-24-2013, 01:00 PM

You won't have that option until you have been a member for twenty days.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

jemma51
10-24-2013, 01:25 PM
very dizzy today :(. Weighed myself to see if the day and a half with my son at the hospital effected my loss. yep, up 1.5 lbs