100 lb. Club - Getting out of 220's and 230's!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

View Full Version : Getting out of 220's and 230's!

MarliQQ
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
:rolleyes: Still at the same weight down to the decimal 235.3, so I am terribly hoping that my Ms. Metabolism is just taking some "personal" time :beach: and will come back later. Then we can get some movement on the scale, either way, I decided I am moving on without her. I am throwing in some changes to my workout, and maybe she'll end her vacation earlier :devil:. There can only be one :rollpin: in charge...

merilung Good Job! Keep Going :congrat:!!

rebelle Sounds like me with the cellphone tethering, doing anything and everything to stay connected to the world :D. And in regards to my weight loss, honestly I cannot speak on month to month weight loss when I only just started trying to lose weight at the end of last November :D.

mandydawn77 "I know I sweat, sweat, sweat, so I better be burning some dang calories"--lol I hear you! Yeah, I thought that would be the case with Zumba :). I was thinking on getting like Polar Loop or Fitbit, but I don't know yet if I really need all that, maybe I just need a pedometer...

sluggerbean If I get pizza now, it will have to be a thin crust veggie pizza, I used to get that all the time, it was so delicious :hun:. And good job on the squats and lunges, I am scared of those....so....much....pain :snooty:.

Daimere I love your picture! Just out if curiosity, are you flying a kite?? I haven't done that for years, might be fun to do in a bit.

Daimere
01-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Just out if curiosity, are you flying a kite?? Yeah I was. It's been probably 5 years since I have. I loved that picture cause I looked so slender and I looked like a dancer!

Today I was 221.7 again. I don't think hungry hungry day helped the scale much. I am hoping to be 220-221 by Tuesday. :/ And then I will stay the same weight for 5+ days and then woooosh. I might run a 5k in April. There is one that starts at 9 which gives me enough time to get there in time. I work thirds and don't get to lexington til 8 when most start at 8. Anyone done couch to 5k? I want to RUN it.

ainslie
01-10-2014, 07:29 PM
229.4 today. Hopefully the 230s are behind me. Although I just started back to the gym amd did weight training so I may see an increase tomorrow. But I hope not. Only 1.8 lbs away from the 50lbs mark. I want that sooooo bad.

Daimere
01-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Yay ainslie!

ainslie
01-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Well I had a big whoosh down to 226.4. I forget about the extra weight that TOM brings. That means I reached my mini goal of 50 lbs gone. Next mini goal is only 3.4 away. Then I will only be obese, nothing else added on in front. YEA !!!

Elladorine
01-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Great success Elladorine!! I am sure you will quickly lose that baby weight. :D
Thanks! I imagine my body will be all wonky for a while with the changing hormones and what-not. I'm trying to be patient and not worry about the given fluctuations I'll be going through once my cycle starts up again. :dizzy:

Elladorine Yeah, I am even curious as to what is going on there, because if you learned how to lose 10 pounds in 4 days, tell me, because that means I will definitely look "snatched" :belly: by this summer!
I do wish I could give you some advice, but it requires giving birth. :preg: ;)

I'm slightly annoyed that my first TOPS weigh-in this year was 220.5. I mean, I'll definitely take it, but I was really hoping I was still slightly under 220 as my home scale had said. Oh well! I'm still elated that I'm only about five pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, and especially elated that I've managed to hit a number that was so difficult for me to get down to for all of my life. :)

Last night I did some recalculating (http://www.dietitian.com/calcbody.php) with how many calories I should be having in order to lose, and I'm wondering if I can handle 1250 for a while in order to see how that works for me. Before I got pregnant I was doing about 1600 and averaged a one pound loss per week, but after spending so many months watching the scale go up (regardless of the reason), I'm a little anxious to get things moving back down. And at the same time, I'm still dealing with the increased appetite I'd worked up while being pregnant so portion control has been a little difficult!

I'm also pretty weak still from having to take it easy near the end of the pregnancy and from getting so sick after. I should get the all clear to start working out again on the 22nd, and I'd like to build myself back up slowly in order to avoid injury. I'm still pretty anxious to restart C25K but I'm waiting until March for that. It sucks that I basically have to start a lot of things over, but I'm hoping my motivation will make up for that.

LaurieDawn
01-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Good morning! I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in two months. I am at 222.2. I think I am going to try weekly weighing for a time. Do y'all mind if I join the group?

Daimere
01-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Today I was 220. I tried to exercise yesterday but wasn't in the mood for it.

MarliQQ
01-12-2014, 01:00 PM
So the scale moved down some, but not by much. I am not going to get excited, because this happened before and my weight fluctuated right back to where it was :rolleyes:. So I am just going to keep chugging along and hope I see some results with changes I have made to my regimen.

Daimere Great job! :carrot: I can't wait to be down to 220, you are well on your way to the next thread :D. And regarding not wanting to workout, even when I get to that point, I just put the sneakers on and prepare to workout, make yourself do it, because once you are set up it makes it harder for you to change your mind. If I waited for myself to be in the mood I would barely workout...

LaurieDawn:cheer:Welcome Laurie!!! You are on your way too!:cheer:

Elladorine Lol, Guess I didn't catch the baby part :D Congratulations! I looked into C25k too, looks interesting. Is it a fun for you?

ainslie Wow, I wish I was losing that kind of weight right now :). I have serious envy :devil:

Daimere
01-12-2014, 05:51 PM
because once you are set up it makes it harder for you to change your mind.

Not really working for me. There have been multiple times last week, I was ready. Workout bra on, check. heart rate monitor on, check. Gonna do it? heck no.

I may not be in this thread much longer. This isn't official weigh in. Today I weighed in at 218.9. Tuesday is my official weigh in day. If it's anything like last week, I may be holding on to more weight that day compared to the day before and after! If I get multiple days in a row at the lower weigh, I may change it

Sinderelly
01-12-2014, 11:25 PM
So I've done well this week with a couple slip ups. I am allowing myself Olive Garden and birthday cake next Saturday (my 31st birthday is wednesday and I'm celebrating with my kids on Saturday) soo I have to be extra good this week until then!

When I was losing weight last year before I slipped up for a few months..I was running every day.. well now that I'm losing again I'm getting an itch to run but it is too cold! Ugh I cannot wait until it is warmer out so I can start running again. I really miss that runners high!

I really need to start working out before work every day..but that would require me to get up at 5 since I leave at 6:30.. everytime I set the alarm to get up that early and it goes off.. I stay in bed.. UGH. I am hoping tomorrow morning is different!

mandydawn77
01-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Welcome LaurieDawn!

Happy early birthday Sinderelly! Enjoy that Olive Garden food.

Congrats Ainslie and Daimere!!!

Thank you Rebelle. I'm really glad we are having these weight loss challenges at work because it would be so easy for me to make an excuse not to start back on my diet. I discovered I really need that motivation to get my butt in gear.

MarliQQ - I'm with you just chugging along. I had that little woosh last week because it was the first week back on the diet, but I suspect it will be slow going from here on out.

I didn't eat very well this weekend. I didn't do too bad, but I certainly didn't stick to my diet. I did not weigh this morning. I figured it would be too depressing. I worked my butt off at zumba yesterday and intend to do the same later today. My ex was sitting on the bleachers behind me for the last few songs again! I hate it that his girlfriend occasionally goes to my zumba class and he thinks he has to go with her. It was so dang crowded yesterday. I knew it would be so I got there early, put my water bottle in my spot and went upstairs and walked the track until closer to start time. I won't be able to do that today so no telling where I'll have to squeeze in. I plan on really sticking to my diet plan this week, no cheating. Hope you all have a great Monday :)

LaurieDawn
01-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Marli and MandyDawn! I'm excited to learn more about all of the people on the thread. It seems like a great mini-community.

MandyDawn - Yuck! I would hate having my ex observe my zumba class. Why doesn't he just join it? Watching = creepy with too much time on his hands, IMHO.

I weighed on Sunday morning, and I went from 222.2 to 223.4. All I could think was, "Man, I'm glad I weighed first on Saturday. A 10.2 pound loss over two months is so much better than a 9 pound loss." But it also reminded me that the scale is a fickle, fickle thing. I actually ended up eating well below my calories on Saturday (not something I worry about, BTW, though I know some people freak out about it) and did a full weight-lifting work-out followed by a 2-mile run. Sore muscles. Water weight. Blah blah blah blah. The scale is a shifty, untrustworthy tool.

Daimere
01-13-2014, 08:57 PM
today 216.9. I hope it says something nice like that tomorrow on weigh in day! Although it first said 208. Hope it's not broke!

ainslie
01-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Holy crap. Another BIG woosh. Got on the scale this morning and saw 221.2. I really hope it sticks. I've updated my mini goals and siggy but I'm not changing my avatar just yet. Maybe tomorrow. I didn't eat enough yesterday so it may go back up tomorrow. Guess I'll have to add some more mini goals. So far I'm liking 2014.:D

sluggerbean
01-14-2014, 11:20 AM
... But it also reminded me that the scale is a fickle, fickle thing. ... The scale is a shifty, untrustworthy tool.

Excellent points!!!

I am doing well with keeping on plan. :) Just haven't been getting in the exercise. :( I am sure that will change. ;)

Have a fabulous Tuesday everyone!!

ainslie
01-14-2014, 12:03 PM
So I guess its time for some new mini goals. 1/2 way to goal - 206.4 , 75lbs lost - 202.6, onederland - 199.8, lose 30% of starting weight - 194.4 and no longer obese - 194

nikitanix
01-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Hey y'all!!

I meant to report my weigh in yesterday but I was real busy at work (which is when I normally log on here) and didn't have a minute to spare!

Looks like everyone is doing so well, this thread will be empty soon! Well done everyone!!

I've made it into the 220s!! Weighed in at 229.5 yesterday morning! Going strong with doing more exercise this year, I clocked up 4 times a week the first two weeks of January and this week I went once so far.

Good luck everyone and have a great week!!

ainslie
01-14-2014, 12:54 PM
With my big wooshes I thought I'd do some clothes shopping in my too small section of my closet. ALL my size 16 pants fit, size 38 fit and some of my size 14s fit. Welll the 14s were a little snug. I just went through my daughter's clothes too so I guess its time to make a donation to Salvation Army.

Daimere
01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
It's official weigh in day and I'm moving! 218.1. Did it twice and made sure that the scale was settled.

MarliQQ
01-14-2014, 11:19 PM
So the scale is going steady as far as dropping decimals, I say decimals, because it really isn't pounds, and Aunt Flo :rollpin: will be visiting soon, so we will see how that goes. I am switching up my weight loss plan further to add some things that I have been scared of, since apparently I'm a masochist :rolleyes:. It's not that I am not confident that the weight will come off, I know it will, even though I am clearly impatient, it is just that for the last few days working out has been oddly tiring and tedious. I mean it was the same amount of dripping sweat, but I wanted it to end like 5 minutes in :(. So yeah, gonna make some changes for a bit...

Sinderelly I am one who loves my sleep, I mean I am so angry and evil :tired: in the morning, I think some time to clear my head would be awesome. So I need advice for preventing the "snooze abuse" that happens to my good intentions :D.

mandydawn77 On one hand, having an ex watch me sweat and swing my :belly: would be disconcerting, but then again it would be motivation to lose the weight and make him gaga over all that he can't have. Nothing more powerful than a woman scorned....

ainslie I wish I had not given away all of my smaller sizes, and I might have had something to "shop" for too, lol

nikitanix Congrats on the 220's! Hopefully I will be right behind you :carrot:.

rebelle Was that 6 miles :running: all at once or throughout the day?? Either way, congratulations!

ainslie
01-15-2014, 03:57 PM
I just had the most wonderful workout at the gym today. I have extra energy rather than feeling completely draining and needing a nap. I sure hope I feel like this after tomorrow's.

sluggerbean
01-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Morning everyone!! :coffee:

Official weigh in this morning was 218.8!!! I am moving on. :carrot:
I hope to see all of you in the next thread very soon!! :wave:

mandydawn77
01-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Congratulations Peggy!

ainslie - I hope you had another good workout yesterday. I love that burst of energy I get and the feel-good chemicals that come after a good workout.

marliQQ - You're right, it does make me work a little harder, but it makes me a little self conscious when he's behind me and I don't know if he's watching or not. It bothers me less and less though. I guess I'm getting used to it :)

Well my weigh in at work stayed the same as last Friday, which was 239. I was just over 239 though and that was with jeans and after I drank a big cup of coffee and some water, so I'm saying 238 because I know according to my scales at home it was 238 or less in my pjs. I have done pretty well on my diet this week, but it's always easier through the week. I have a 3-day weekend so I'm going to have to try to be extra good because I want to see that scale go down. I wish it would hurry up and get down to my pre-Thanksgiving weight!

Happy Friday everyone!

ainslie
01-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Well away from home this weekend. I forgot to bring my food scale. Hopefully I won't gain anything.

MarliQQ
01-17-2014, 02:50 PM
:yay:Yay!!!:yay:
The scale moved down pounds, no more 235, yesterday it was 231, today 230, I hope we keep moving down. I knew the scale was not reflecting my real weight loss, I was sure of it.

rebelle Anyway, I checked this morning and I had logged my weight as 38.8 instead of 238.8. Freaked me out! LOL I bet it did, easy mistake :D. And congrats on the weight loss. I suspect that TOM is the culprit for my whoosh as well:goodscale.

sluggerbean Congrats! We will be following you soon :cheers:.

mandydawn77 I love 3 day weekends! Maybe you should start :chef: preparing preferred meals for those days now, so you have less of a choice and something in the fridge already. I prepared myself some cookies to prevent the snacking of less healthy choices.

wannaskipandlaugh
01-18-2014, 08:19 AM
HOORAY.. I am finally here! I am down to 239 this morning and never going back. It took me 6+ months to get out of the 240's thread (but I had a bad scale and had to back track 14 lbs in September... today my old scale reads 224.. which is nicer.. but not = to my doctors booo)... BUT I am HERE!... I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Thrilled.. you all have NO IDEA how happy this makes me. I am also 1 lb past 1/2 on my journey! 320-160... 240 was 1/2 way and now I only have 79 lbs more to go. PAST 1/2 WAY.. that is so cool!.. ahh..

But now I get to catch up with those of you I talked to in the old thread (Marliqq your stay there was short. but now I get to spend more time) Mandydawn and your office weight loss competitions!, Rebelle! and Niki (your stay in the other thread was short too!) I am so looking forward to spending alittle time with you all before you all skeedaddle down to the next 210-200 thread!

I am so thrilled to be here.. can you tell???!!!! LOLOLOLOL sorry.. will settle down.. well NOT! LOL

Sinderelly
01-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks to my birthday... I went up to 239 but I think it may be water weight.. Now my birthday is over so I can focus back on my diet, and more determined than ever! I have a trip booked for September so lets see how close to my goal weight by then!

wannaskipandlaugh
01-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Sinderelly.. Happy Belated Birthday!... I hope you had ALOT of fun! :) and not to worry.. all gained is water weight... and will woosh right off again.

I am down another 1lb to 238.. oh I love my woosh week and I was on a mission to get into this decade(s) thread. Being determined.. well that does make a difference! I showed myself that I can really do it when I stick to my plan and no detours!

Happy day all!

MarliQQ
01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
So I am holding steady at 230, but it is not my official weigh-in just yet. I am so excited to be going to the 220's finally. I have always been a thick girl my entire adult life, but I was around 190's in college, which is not too bad at 5'8, and if I can get back to that by my birthday (June 24 :woo:) I would be soooo happy :lol:. Going to edit my sig eventually to include that goal.

wannaskipandlaugh :welcome3: I know how exciting it must be when you reach your goals. I wish you could just bottle up that excitement and open it up later just to get a whiff the next time the scale disappoints :D. Congrats on 238 as well ;).

Sinderelly :bday2you: I hope you had the best birthday ever, sounds like you did :D. What kind of cake did I miss out on?? Don't tell me you didn't have cake, because that would be sad, I believe you should have one no matter what your age :carrot:.

wannaskipandlaugh
01-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Oh you are so right MarliQQ.... I wish I could bottle it up! My woosh week is over... but I have the chart on my wall too, to remind me of the downward line! :)

Happy Monday all! I hope everyone has a very nice day!

akelly728
01-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Made it here! I have always hated the 230's and 220's because its still a ways to go to Onederland...but I have renewed excitement because you guys put these two decades in 1 group! So, basically once I leave this thread I am on the downward slope to Onderland!! Happy to join in and get to know you ladies....and we can move on to the next thread together!

wannaskipandlaugh
01-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Hooray another poster AKelly! :) glad to have you here!!!!! Its a smaller group as a bunch of people made it to the 2 teens.. so we are few.. but I bet we get bigger as alot of other posters in the 240 thread are soooo close! Glad you are here!

Me.. after woosh week.. I tend to gain alittle and lose alittle.. up and down for 3 weeks.. So it was a hard fought victory to lose that .2 oz yesterday.. WHEW.. But it was a loss and for that I am thrilled! 237.8 today. Tomorrow.. well LOWER! LOL

JennyT
01-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Hello :) 239 today - glad to be here!

Calypso214
01-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie...both to 3Fat Chicks and to this thread! I started 2014 at my highest weight ever...and decided that, for once, it was time for a real lifestyle change...not just a quick fix. I have 100 lbs to lose and have lost 50+ Of them more times than I can count. This time, I'm determined to make the changes lasting.
My challenge (apart from living food !) is exercise. I've never liked it. And, after bilateral total knee replacements and a shoulder replacement within the last two years, my exercise ground to a near halt. On Jan. 6, I started walking 30 minutes a day on the treadmill...and, have lost the 6 lbs entitling me to join the 220's-230's club! Down from 240.
Great to read all the posts...and look forward to corresponding with some of you!

mandydawn77
01-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Good morning all!

Welcome to all the new people in the thread and congrats on the weight losses!

rebelle - This time around I have just been keeping my calories in check, but I don't know if I'm doing as well as I was with WW's, so I may be going back to it. I'm going to give it a little longer and see how it goes.

I didn't do too bad over my 3-day weekend. I didn't do great either. I took the kids to a birthday party Saturday and I had pizza and cake. I took the kids to a movie on Sunday and I had popcorn. BUT I ate very, very light the rest of the time and I went to zumba Sunday and Monday. The community center was closed for the holiday so we had a 'booty battle' with a small town not far away and it was a lot of fun. I missed it last year because I was still new to zumba, but it was the third annual booty battle on MLK day so apparently it's becoming a tradition :)

The scale was down a little this morning, but we will see how the official weigh in on Friday goes.

Hope you all have a great day!

nikitanix
01-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Hey y'all!!

Weighed in yesterday at 229. Work is so crazy right now I'm not surprised I only lost half a pound this week, I haven't been to the gym as much as I wanted and my eating hasn't been great either, made some bad choices and then kind of let it go when I saw my girlfriends on the weekend....back to it this week for sure!!

Don't even have time to say a proper hello to y'all! But congrats to those losing and hope to catch up with y'all later in the week!

MarliQQ
01-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Today is my official weigh-in, still at 230, but again, I am so happy not to see 235 that I am actually :cool:. My next goal is ambitious but I want to try and get as close to 225 as I can by the end of January, then I would be ecstatic. I am refining my workout plan again, and yeah it feels like I do this every week :lol:, but I am trying to ensure that I maintain my weight loss.

akelly728, JennyT:welcome3: to 220-230!! We all need the support and excitement. I wish you well on your journeys to a new you :D.

wannaskipandlaugh Since you have been in this thread, you have been on :flame:, lol, you had a nice whoosh :)

Calypso214:wel3fc: I'm going to be rooting for you, because I don't know how I would respond mentally and emotionally to all that you have gone through. You are still positive about your journey and that is a great first step :luck2you:.

mandydawn77 You sound like such a great mommy! :D I think if you keep up with the kids, losing weight won't be so hard. And the Annual Booty Battle sounds like fun :carrot:.

nikitanix Time spent with my girlfriends are the best way to get off track with calories. If it isn't calories from :cheers:, it's calories from eating out. I need to get me some chunky friends...more sympathy for my current plight :p.

Calypso214
01-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Thanks, Marli! And, bravo for your weight loss! I'm NEVER going to say, "I only lost..." That picture says it all!:)

wannaskipandlaugh
01-22-2014, 08:07 AM
"This is what's Different" .... Would like to recomend this thread as this is wonderful to read. Very good! :)

HAPPY HUMP DAY TO YOU ALL!

I have a little bounce back from my whoosh week.. .6 up to 238.4... but still in the 230's so happy (tho I ate the exact same thing that I ate on Monday when I lost .2 lbs so - Very Strange) Oh well.. it is what it is!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.... safe in all this cold and snow!

akelly728
01-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Wow, what a great group of people here :) Happy to be here and working my way down! 237.2...only 17.2 pounds to go! LOL

Wannaskipandlaugh, thanks! I love that- whoosh week! Man, I am pulling for one of those!

rebelle, you are absolutely right!! I never thought about it being further from 300. I never got above 260's but man, to think I'm on the lower end of the 200's, that helps put this into perspective :)

mandydawn, good luck on your official weigh in! Being able to have moderation and not let the "off plan eating" turn into every meal or days of binging is awesome! I admire you for that!

niki, thats still great!! When work is so crazy I always struggle. These past 2-3 weeks I have really focused hard and been able to juggle tough deadlines and stress along with staying somewhat on track! I've only lost 4 pounds since Jan 1 however I have gone through so much already for 3 weeks with loss of a loved one, relationship issues with a friend, my mom getting sick, etc. So tough...but will eventually settle out and I'll be smaller than when it started!

Marli, love your avatar! I lost 1 pound yesterday and when I saw that on the scale this am I was a little bummed. Your picture really helps me to see what that 1 pound looked like! Thanks!

MarliQQ
01-22-2014, 02:42 PM
I thought I'd let everyone know about my happy today. I jumped on the scale today not expecting much excitement from the scale at all, thinking more about the piles of snow outside and where my dog could walk without drowning in snow :D. But I got really excited to see 229, I mean really excited, and that took me by surprise because I didn't expect that. Honestly, even if tomorrow it bounces back up, I'm fine, because I know I can get there. So cheers to the 220's, because today I love you, I adore you, and I respect you........at least for now..........because tomorrow I'm whooping your :kickbutt:!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/Sworn2/IMG_1426_zps3d5ba02a.jpghttp://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/Sworn2/IMG_9150_zps76d0c458.jpg

Calypso214
01-22-2014, 03:25 PM
YAY Marli! That's great...I can't wait to get there, too! 7 more lbs until 229....but, breaking the "big 3-0 Mark" is huge!

Just curious...how often does everyone weigh? Every day...or, every week?

Calypso214
01-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Hey! I just realized that it's only 5 lbs (not 7) until 229! Woohoo! :-)

akelly728
01-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Way to go Marli!! That's so cool, I can't wait to see 229!

Calypso, I weigh every day just bc that helps me to stay accountable each day. A lot of ppl prefer not to bc of the crazy fluctuations.

Calypso214
01-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Way to go Marli!! That's so cool, I can't wait to see 229!

Calypso, I weigh every day just bc that helps me to stay accountable each day. A lot of ppl prefer not to bc of the crazy fluctuations.

Thanks, Kelly! I'm trying to decide which is best for me...my spirits still tend to rise and fall with the scale. But, it DOES keep one accountable! Thanks for weighing in!:)

mandydawn77
01-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Well it's not my official weigh-in, but today the scale showed 236. It briefly showed 235, but then immediately jumped back up. I will just have to wait and see what it says tomorrow, but if it stays at 236 that's 3 pounds down from last Friday and I'm happy with that. I only lost 1 pound last week so that's a vast improvement. Still not back to my lowest weigh in before the holidays though.

I hate to not catch up with everyone, but I have too much work to get to this morning. Hope you all have a great day!

JennyT
01-23-2014, 10:00 AM
I am a daily weigher as well - helps keep me on track. I know that I fluctuate so I don't get stressed if I don't see the number I am hoping for. Today I was down another pound but official weigh in is Tuesday for me. On track for a good loss this week :) Stay focused everyone!

nikitanix
01-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Marli, love your avatar, that is such a great picture! Like Calypso says, there’s no ‘only a pound’ when you see that! I think I got diet amnesia over the weekend…I’m paying the price for it now! My girlfriends are great but yeah I could sure do with some in the same boat as me! And…….Welcome to the 220s!!! Wooo!!!

akelly – I want a whoosh week too! Last week was more of a crawl week… Sorry to hear about your tough start to the year, hope you’re ok

mandydawn, 3lbs since Friday is great! That’s three of those handfuls right there in Marli’s avatar!!

Calypso, I weigh in once a week as I’m more of a saver like that – I prefer to see a ‘big’ jump and get more motivated by that than little ones. I’m the same with my savings account!

Well done JennyT!!

Doing much better these last couple days, feeling more motivated and I realized I stopped being so vigilant with the keeping track of calories and weighing food so I'm going to get back on that more carefully. I think it's all about finding a balance and I was lacking that these last couple weeks with my work schedule then I relaxed a little too hard on the weekend! I went to the gym last night and feel much better for it and hope to go tonight too!

Calypso214
01-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks, everyone for your comments! It's lovely to wake up to encouragement and tips! And...bravo to everyone for moving the scale downward (no matter how little)...

I think I'm going to be a once-a-week weighed...at least for now. I think having the psychological boost of a larger loss (hopefully, a loss and NOT a gain) will be helpful at keep the momentum going!:)

Another question to throw out! What diet (lifestyle change) have you had the most success with? Right now, I'm not on anything specific...just sticking to 1200 calories...cutting out sugar, white bread, white rice, white potatoes (sooooooo hard for me!)...and 30 minutes of exercise at least 6 days a week.:carrot:

Again, thanks for the support! It's great! :hug:

JennyT
01-23-2014, 10:05 PM
I am most successful with weight watchers - but the plan prior to the new points plus. I tried changing over to their new system and slowly gained or lost and gained the same couple of pounds over and over. I like to have carbs in my diet, if I cut them out, I will binge. And 'free fruits' didn't work for me.

wannaskipandlaugh
01-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Calypso... Good Morning.. I like to weigh every day. Knowing what I weigh lets me see a pattern when I eat certain foods (like too much sodium) or if I eat more or less cheese etc... which I like to have some knowledge. Not that I can CONTROL anything LOL (I try!!!) lol I am also following Atkins (way of life) and for me, it is the easiest way of eating as I get to eat everything that I like and I feel full (Protein and fat.. yep fat.. it is filling) and salads as I am not into too many veggies.. tho you can eat veggies everyday on this plan). This plan is what works for me (78 lbs off in a year and at my age - 55 -- Not bad)...

mandydawn77
01-24-2014, 10:21 AM
My official weigh in was 236.0 this morning, so close to 235. That is 3 pounds down from last Friday and I'm happy with that. I was thinking I lost 1 pound last week, but found out today that I had stayed the same. It must have been on my scale at home that I had lost a pound. Anyway, that puts me at 9 pounds lost since January 3rd. I'm not quite back to my lowest weigh in, but I'm getting close. I'm also not in the lead on my weight loss challenge here at work, but I'm in second.

wannaskipandlaugh - The Atkins diet definitely works and I'm sure at some point I will go back to it again even if it's only to change things up for awhile. I'm a major meat and vegetable eater so it's not too difficult for me once I make it past the first week or two. I think 78 pounds in a year is fantastic!

jenny - I think Weight Watchers is a great plan as well and it works if you follow it.

calypso - I lost the most weight with the Atkins diet, but when I stalled out for months Weight Watchers broke my stall. In the beginning Atkins is a hard diet to get used to, but I lose all those carb cravings after awhile and then it's easier to say no and there are tons of great recipes. I ate a lot of eggs, but that's okay because I love eggs. I say whatever is easiest for you to stick to is the best diet for you :)

niki - I haven't been keeping good track lately either, but I am trying to get back into the habit. I do better during the week than I do on the weekends.

Happy Friday everyone! I better get to work :)

Calypso214
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Happy Friday, everyone!:wave:
Rebelle, yay for you on your 3 lbs lost...and to be only a teeny bit from where you were at your lowest in Nov. Is AWESOME!:)

Mandy, congrats to you, too! Three lbs...woo hoo! :carrot:

Jenny, another lb is great...I keep thinking of Marli's avatar...and, just seeing what one lb REALLY means...is a thrill!:congrat:

Niki, I just "signed up" for the 100 day challenge on this site. After seeing the video...and the difference exercising for 100 days in a row makes, really spurred me on. Since I've NEVER liked exercising...it's a real challenge...but, having a specific goal (100 days) is really helping! Soooo, good for you on your win gym challenge!:woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks, Mandydawn, Nikitanix, JennyT, for your comments! And, everyone else, as well, who shared their diet plan successes! I'm going to give Atkins a go. I have a real problem with carbs...they tend to trigger overheating (I love 'em). And, as you say, Rebelle, I can always switch if it isn't working for me!:)

Have a great Friday, everyone!:grouphug:

AAD
01-24-2014, 12:09 PM
I am getting closer! 221.9

Calypso214
01-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Congratulations, AAD! You're nearly in the teens! :carrot:

And, I weighed this morning...on a whim...and yippeeee! I'm now at 231. I'd been feeling sluggish and certain that I hadn't lost...even though I'd been following through on my exercise and nutrition goals. Soooo pleased to see the numbers on the scale this morning!

Happy weekend to all!:)

wannaskipandlaugh
01-25-2014, 11:17 AM
WHISTLE and a big WOOHOO to you REBELLE! You are whooshing. . HOORAY!!!!! (Sometimes I think the cold weather affects us more since we don't see it as often!) You and I are so close to 235!!!!!!! weee... I am at 237.2.. but saw 236.4 after my walk this morning.. so I am hot on your heels!

AAD.. you are almost in the next decade.. so I know your stay here will be short.. But so glad you posted! :)

Yay Mandy! 3 lbs down... That is awesome!

Calypso... Any questions about your choice of eating.. we have a good expert in our forum area - Jerseygirl (been on Atkins for 12 years if I remember correctly).

GORGEOUS day for us here in Florida (Southeast for me) 70's today.. I send you all a breath of warm air and just think... today you are 1 day CLOSER to SPRING and 1 DAY CLOSER TO YOUR WEIGHT OFF GOAL.. also you are 1 day Healthier! :)

MarliQQ
01-25-2014, 03:29 PM
229.1 as of this morning, so I am kind of stalled but with all the tricks I have up my sleeve, it will be less by my official weigh-in. I am not playing with this fat anymore :s:, I want it to die, die, die :frypan:..I feel so evil today...

Calypso214 I have only just started to weigh-in everyday, before I weighed every Tuesday, but then got curious about what my body was doing on a daily basis. So I have been weighing first thing in the morning before I do much of anything except go to the bathroom. I think it helps me stay accountable all the time rather than guessing about my progress during the week. Plus I am a bit of a control freak :cool:. So it was a sure thing that I would eventually switch over to daily weighing. However, Tuesday is still considered my official weigh-in and whatever the scale says on that day gets recorded :write:.
And to answer your other question, I am not on any weight loss or diet program, I just count calories, and exercise everyday. I feel like if I'm not dripping sweat I didn't burn :censored:.
Congrats on the weight loss :D.

mandydawn77 Go mandy!! 10 pounds a month is my lofty goal for the next few months and you are basically meeting my goal :) I'll be you for a few moments...:smoking:...okay you can have your happy back ;).

rebelle :cp::cp::cp: Congrats on the fat smashing :D.

nikitanix Thanks, I hope the 220's aren't going to give me trouble, I want the satisfaction of feeling like I really can get under 200 by this summer :cool:.

wannaskipandlaugh
01-26-2014, 12:10 PM
229 is wonderful Marliqq YAY!!!

Me.. down to 236.6........ Hooray.. I might get down to 230 by the end of February if not sooner! (OH WHOOSH FAIRY.... I WISH SOONER!) This has been a good month for me... I am actually down 7.4 lbs... These last 6 months I have averaged 4.5 lbs a month... so I am liking this!!!! Keep it coming/going! lol

AAD are you in the 2 teens today??!!!

Rebelle.. are you still flying ahead of me??!! I too grew up in the 70's Graduated High School in 76!... I still love the old songs from that time and the non- threatening lyrics... and sad about the Captain and Tenelle... they are in their 70's, so you wonder why??!!! They just did an album too last year (I heard). Well..... ---Hey kids, Rock N Roll... Rock on! and Where do we go from here??!! (Down the scale numbers I say!) lol

JennyT
01-26-2014, 02:59 PM
Had a hard night keeping on track last night - but I did it. Looking back at what I had for dinner though, homemade spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash. A had a generous helping but not much in the way of protein. After fighting cravings for a few hours after dinner I had a hard boiled egg and that did the trick! Apparently protein really is the ticket...I am a slow learner ;)

nikitanix
01-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Hey everyone!!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!!

Went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday - very pleased with myself now!!

Wow to your 100 days challenge Calypso! Have you got a link to the video? I could use some motivation like that!

akelly728
01-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Happy Monday everyone!! I am down 5 pounds from last week - very exciting! Only 4 pounds from the next decade in this thread!! And only 2 pounds away from my lowest since early 2013.

Marli - way to go!!! What a great new decade to enter into!

wannaskipandlaugh, congrats on such an awesome month! This has been my best month in 2 years - I'm so happy we are all making this work!! 2014 is our year! I want my whoosh fairy to come this week and WHOOSH me right into 220's!!

rebelle, what area of FL are you located? I love going down to the gulf coast and vacationing - Destin and Mexico Beach are amazing - I love them better than the Caribbean!

Jenny, just hang in there! It's good that you stayed on track! That's a great accomplishment and NSV! Hopefully it pays off on the scale for you :)

niki, nice job on the weekend workouts!! Weekends are so hard - so I am very impressed!!

wannaskipandlaugh
01-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Akelly YOU are doing awesome! This is OUR year all!! I'm just saying :D

Rebelle... well I upticked after the weekend... back to 237.0 even.. so you are in front of me... I will be chasing you! Our beaches here in SE Florida ( I live about 30 miles north of West Palm Beach) are small and very narrow as the Atlantic grabs alot of sand during storms. When I first came here in 1972.. the beaches were as wide as Daytona.. not anymore.. But the waves are awesome to watch. I have never been to the Panhandle and it is a dream of mine.. Someday I will drive to New Orleans and take a day in the Destin area (My friends from Marietta Ga go there every winter for vacation!)

Have a wonderful day all.. STAY WARM if you are in the midst of this COLD FRIGID weather again! My wish is that spring comes early this year! (we will be in the 80's again today... and I will share the warmth.. I really will!)

JennyT
01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Down 2.4 from last week yippee!! 236.6 now - I wish I could have that big of a loss every week lol I thought I had been consuming too much sodium, but I guess not! Have a good day everyone :)

akelly728
01-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Good morning all! Down another .8, so I'm happy with that. I only did a mile last night on the treadmill, but right now work is crazy so I'm ok with that. I travel every week for work (I'm in IT consulting) and this is my last week on this project, so a lot of meetings and evening work. It's also performance review season so getting all the annual paperwork done and I'm going for a large promotion, so prepping and getting ducks in a row for that! Day by day, right??

rebelle, I completely agree! I could easily go to the Atlantic Ocean within 3 hours but I would much rather drive 5-6 hours to see the Emerald waters and sugar sands :)

Sue, please send the warmth here to Boston!! I live in Macon, GA and its supposed to snow there today too. I can't catch a break!! My next gig is in Dallas; I'm hoping to see some warmth there when I begin traveling there!

Jenny, awesome loss!! Nice work! I was afraid of my sodium intake, too. I eat edamame pretty much everyday and I was worried I would retain too much. I drank a lot of water so maybe that helped!

MarliQQ
01-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi everyone :hug:
Happy Tuesday!!
Well saw an uptick to 230 today on my weigh-in and since I am stuck here weight wise, it points to previous patterns of suddenly losing 4-6lbs later, which I would love to see, but I am okay with not seeing for now. I am really focused on not being so beat :tired: during and after workouts. I do like to see progress, and I am not seeing the amount I feel I should be seeing. I think I am most upset, because I remember not being this way, I may have been thick, but I was def waaay more fit :cry:. Not going to dwell on the past though, just trying to see these NSVs come to fruition sooner rather than later :lifter:.

akelly728:yay: Congrats on the weight loss, you are really burning the fat!

rebelle Yeah I am always staring in the mirror to compare changes, but I think I have to start taking more pictures.

wannaskipandlaugh
01-29-2014, 08:30 AM
OOOOO I am blowing the warm air! I am trying.. tho I have less body weight to push it around... but working at it! I hope you all are staying as warm as you can - but most importantly... staying safe on the roads! No slipping I hope!!

I am still at 237.00 and that is aok as I did not walk last night.. Hoping, hoping, and hoping and believing again.. to get into the 236 or lower category before the end of the month! My wish for myself... and will take something different than what I am doing I think!

AAD
01-29-2014, 03:09 PM
I made it! 219.1 today! Thanks for al the welcomes and now it looks like farewell. The company has been great but I hope not to come back! Instead, I hope you all come join me in the next bracket down!

By the way, I don't see a "Getting out of the 210's" thread. Anybody know if there is one? Or can I just start a thread myself if there isn't?

fadedbluejeans
01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Congrats AAD! I think that thread is called Two Teens Into Onderland or something like that.

wannaskipandlaugh
01-30-2014, 08:06 AM
OH Rebelle... I am thrilled that you made it to your lowest weight on this journey! HOORAY (Me too again today) It feels great to have good results from our hard work! I think you are looking for a warm up today??!!! I sure do hope so... We are getting dumped with rain again today... 2 inches yesterday and lots more today (tho not as bad as 2 weeks ago when we got 14 inches in 5 hours - flooded US 1!!!)

I am back down to my lowest too 236.6.... There is still 2 more weigh ins for the month.. soooooooo hoping for a tick or 2 lower :D

AAD.. your stay was short (we all knew you wouldn't stay long).. Have fun in the the 2 teens to Onderland thread! (end of that thread is a milestone... ONDERLAND!)

Have a great day all and I hope everyone is safe and warm! No crazy drivers either in your paths today!

mandydawn77
01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
This has been a crazy week for me so I haven't had time to check in. I briefly read through the last few comments and it sounds like there have been a lot of good weight losses this week, so congrats everyone! I weighed in at 235.0 this morning, but my official weigh in is tomorrow so I will wait to change my ticker. I have been doing pretty good with my diet this week. Luckily I've had one of those weeks where I just haven't been that hungry, which is rare for me :)

I gotta get back to work. Have a great day everyone!

katerina11
01-30-2014, 10:37 AM
congrats AAD!!!

i have been in the 220's for about 5 months now. i am really ready to get into the 2-teens.

nikitanix
01-30-2014, 12:25 PM
So much activity on this thread!!

Well done everyone for the progress you're making! Well done akelly - everything counts! and rebelle, massive congrats on your all time low!! Well done Sue wannaskipandlaugh!!

Amazing AAD - into the 2teens!! Well done!!

Yay for a non-hungry week mandydawn - when will I get one of those?!

This week was a lot calmer and I've had time for me, which has included exercise. I got two yoga DVDs which I'm trying out but so far so good. I want to almost learn the routines by rote so I can just do them when I have 10 minutes spare or something while I'm watching TV, but I still went to the gym a couple times too. Feel very achey so I hope this means it's doing me good!

AAD
01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Thanks everybody, I'm off to look for that thread and watch for you to join me there!

wannaskipandlaugh
01-31-2014, 07:49 AM
:woohoo: its FRIDAY! Yayayayayayayayayayayay hmmm am I happy.. HECK YAY! and our rain has stopped FINALLY! (welll at least the consistant rain)... Gosh we all have had a GOOD MONTH of losing our excess weight! Don't we amaze ourselves sometimes :D You all amaze me!!!!!!

Well down .2 to 236.6.... inching down now..... but at least its moving the right way and with my long walks this weekend (and I am going to try my Zumba CD this weekend for the 1st time).. I should lose more as I am moving more! :)

HAVE A FANTASTIC and AUDACIOUS DAY EVERYONE!

fadedbluejeans
01-31-2014, 08:42 AM
I first joined the 230's last July...it's been a long six months, but today I finally hit a new low of 233.8. 220's here I come!

mandydawn77
01-31-2014, 09:00 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

I just had my official weigh in here at work and unfortunately I stayed exactly the same as last Friday - 236.0. I guess that's better than gaining, but yesterday it was 235.0 here at work. We wear jeans on Fridays though, so I know my pants definitely weigh more, but not an entire pound lol. Oh well. So far nobody has had a good weigh in here at work today, everyone has either gained or stayed the same.

On a good note, my zumba instructor came up to me before class last night and told me she had been meaning to compliment me on how consistent I am and wanted to know if I was getting the results I wanted from zumba. I told her that unless I diet I don't lose any weight, but that I do get other benefits such as it's a stress reliever and I've definitely toned up. I don't think I would have lost the inches in my legs if it wasn't for doing zumba and my thunder thighs have always been my biggest complaint about my body. I still have to wear a belt because the waistband of my pants are always too big in order for them to fit correctly on my thighs, but it's getting better. I need to break out the measuring tape and find my old slip of paper from about a year ago when I first measured after starting zumba. I find measuring to be so depressing because I don't lose inches very fast. I'm hoping that as I get closer to onderland the inches will start coming off faster (the paper towel effect as some people call it).

I'm so glad it's Friday! Hope you all have a great day and weekend :)

katerina11
01-31-2014, 09:06 AM
221.2 so so close. i've been here before, though. i was even 220.0 one morning. it's driving me crazy!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Hello and :woohoo: WHOOSH Rebelle! I LOVE IT! :D awesome.. You are setting the pace and I am walking as fast as I can to try and catch up... well.. almost... I am at 235.0 on the button this morning.. Another 1.6 lbs whoosh... I am glad I have a Guardian Whoosh Fairy visiting me and rewarding me for moving and sticking to my eating plan! HOORAY! Which also helps to try and keep up with REBELLE!... I am so happy happy happy for you Rebelle!!!!!!!!!!

How is everyone else doing today! ITS SATURDAY SUPER BOWL EVE! LOL... I am thinking of making myself an on plan treat... Buffalo Chicken dip and try and make some Cheese Crackers to use for dipping... yummmmm or maybe little bits of fun stuff... Deviled Egg, Meatball, Small piece of chicken with melted Parm/Provolone, Lettuce wrap with alittle shrimp salad.. kinda like a 1 bite smorgasborg.... LOL oh my mind.. its going a mile a minute.. must be because alittle fat was let go up there! which is giving the thinking part more space to work LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol:

Hope you all have a MARVELOUS and JOYOUS DAY!

MarliQQ
02-01-2014, 01:26 PM
:celebrate:Happy February!:celebrate:
So today was my first measure-in since 12/29/2013, so about a month ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. I lost 2.4" from my waist, 2.8" from hips, and 1.6" from my neck. I am challenging myself to double that, and I definitely believe I can, my workout routine got more intense for the last half of January, and February will start out that way. So I am excited for me :D.

rebelle :yay:Congrats on your record weight loss!:yay: I know you have resolved even more to get to your goal now that the regains are out of the way :).

wannaskipandlaugh I want to celebrate with you! Everything you mentioned made my tummy growl...When can we eat :hungry:????
And congrats on your new low :carrot:!

mandydawn77 I don't know about the jeans not weighing a pound, especially with how heavy some denim can be. In the past I have found that different clothing items cause erratic weigh-ins for me. I understand though, that for your purposes, you would like to see a larger drop than "clothing gains" can account for.

jodoto
02-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Hi Gang....I wanted to stop by and say hi! I am at 241.5 this morning and am planning on zooming over here in the next day or two! Wishing everyone strength for the Superbowl parties tonight! See you lighter!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Marliqq,,,,, Love seeing the measurement changes! Almost as good as gapping waist bands and cleavage showing from gaping shirts ! :) OH so happy for you and the inches lost! and GONE FOR GOOD! :)

REBELLEEEEE I am catching you.. I am down to 234.8 (and my scale showed 233.8 after my 2.5 mile walk this morning. LOTS of sweat!) ohhhh I am nipping your heels! :D

Hope you all have a wonderful and on plan eating day today! and HOORAY for your team that you are rooting for!

RoxyDisaster
02-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone!! :wave: I weighed in today at 232.8 Which is a pound more then yesterday. I haven't been eating properly lately and I have been lacking motivation. I hope everyone else is having better luck then I and Congrats to Everyone For There Success This Week!!

But a new week starts tomorrow and I am READY! I WILL do this! :cheer2:

Happy SuperBowl Everyone and Happy Groundhogs day!!

EnglishMcTeach
02-03-2014, 11:18 AM
At my heaviest I was in the high 230s, but I'm super excited because I'm almost into the 2teens!

RoxyDisaster
02-03-2014, 02:02 PM
At my heaviest I was in the high 230s, but I'm super excited because I'm almost into the 2teens!

Way to go!! That's my goal but I cant seem to even get in the 220s! Keep up the great work!:cheer2:

MarliQQ
02-03-2014, 03:12 PM
So I thought I would pop in to say "Yipee!", this is premature, since tomorrow is actually my official weigh-in day. But finally I broke that two week plateau :) Weighed today--more than once actually, because I thought it was a mistake.
:encore:225.8:encore:
This mimics the same kind of weight loss pattern that occurred last month. I liked it before when the pounds came off slowly bit by bit and you could watch the progress. This, hold your breath while I plateau, maybe this is temporary, maybe you aren't doing something right, just be happy with your other victories, I thought you hated me so why give me decimals off, OMFG POUNDS CAME OFF, I love you so much, please scale do I get more? relationship sucks. If this was a guy, best believe we would have broken up long ago:boxing:...

After today's happy, I'm mixing up a glass of something strong, and putting on some Nights in White Satin by Moody Blues--I'll dance by myself.....:smoking::hat::smoking:.

rebelle cauliflower pizza crust?? Let me know how that turns out, I am addicted to pizza :dizzy:.

RoxyDisaster Don't feel bad, it took what seemed like forever for me to get in the 220's. We can do this, we just have to keep supporting each other. 3FC is like my only source of support, nobody in my life trying to lose weight like I am, at least not seriously.

nikitanix
02-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone!!

Well done for breaking the plateau Marli!! Great inches lost too - I should measure as I haven't done that yet, it can be an extra incentive for me!!

Great news about your Zumba teacher congratulating you Mandy!!

Weighed in today at 225.7 which is 1.6lbs lost since last week so I'm close to losing 20lbs overall - my ticker keeps me motivated when I see that! Had a much better week of more exercise and eating better and the weight loss is a bonus I guess as I feel better already

Have a great week!!

JennyT
02-04-2014, 09:42 AM
234.8, down 1.8 from last week. I am a 1/4 of the way through this thread :) :) keeping my eye on the prize!!!! Good luck everyone!!

thewalrus0
02-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone! I'm finally looking at the 230's and I'm looking forward to hanging out in this thread with everyone!

Since it's 230's all the way to the 210's I'll probably be here for a few solid months so I'm excited to get to know everyone and I hope you're all doing well!

smashlers
02-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Yippeeeeee! I am finally here! Weighed myself this morning and saw a cool 239.4. I'll take it! I felt like I was in the 240's for about 6 months. That was a tough decade! He is to hoping the 230's and the 220's won't be so dang hard!

Happy to be here y'all!

Mara
02-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Way to go smashlers, jodoto, and walrus!!! You go guys. Hope to see you in this thread soon. Hope it is okay to peek in. Hopefully I will be here next week. :)

thewalrus0
02-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeas, I would say it takes me about 2 months per each decade so I'll probably be in here for a good while but that's okay!

My goal is to be 199 by the end of summer and I think that's do-able.

I woke up today and the scale read 235 but I think it's cause I hardly ate yesterday so I'm just putting down 238 for now. It's still officially in the 230's!! YAY!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-06-2014, 07:43 AM
:welcome: to you Walrus, Smashlers, Roxydisaster and Englishteach (and very soon!!!! MARA :) )

I am still here.. just in a heart and mind sadness/crisis. Visiting a friend in Hospice today.... have had a hard few days and not caring about myself. I will be back... Go you all and fly thru this thread! 2 decades is NOTHING! :) I swear it was harder getting down the 1 decade (240's) then a 2 decade thread!

ainslie
02-06-2014, 10:39 AM
After a couple big wooshes I fell off the wagon:( went back up to 226. Now at 224. And I just came off a cheese binge like 20 min ago:( . I did log the cheese though. But I only have 357 calories left to the end of the day. I guess at some point today I will be having and extra big serving of psyllium and water to full my belly. I am so disappoint in myself. I havr to change my ticker and I think my goal dates too, that way I can be honest with myself.

nikitanix
02-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the newbies in the thread, Walrus and Smashlers, and welcome in advance to jodoto and Mara, hope you two come on down to hang with us soon!

Thinking of you and your friend Sue

I’m not having a bad week exactly, just feeling a little uninspired. I need to get some motivation from somewhere – gonna check out success stories on youtube for a boost as that usually does the trick!!

thewalrus0
02-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Today the scale said 235!! That's crazy but I accept! I haven't been very hungry lately so I've been eating less that usual, which makes sense that it would cause a drop.

I'm just hoping that it will stay that low.

I'm officially 60lbs down! YAY!

Maggie
02-06-2014, 05:08 PM
♪♥♫ GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY ☺♫

This is my first time over here checking things out. I have been a Steel Magnolia since it started and have lost some weight along the way. Just thought I would come over here and check it out and you sound like a good group of gals doing what it takes to lose weight.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

jodoto
02-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Hi New Best Friends waitin to happen! I am so thrilled to be here! We are doing a Biggest loser Club at work, and for the second week in a row, I was the BL! This morning I weighed in at 239.9, so I left the 240's thread and here I am! I won't look back until I weigh 219! Is there a two-teen thread? Welp. I am taking my son's boyfriend out to dinner. I need to find some good veggies and perhaps some grilled chicken or shrimp on the menu. Do you ever get tired of eating the same things?

MarliQQ
02-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Hi ladies,

I actually weighed in at 225.5 today, and I don't see me budging for a while, especially since TOM is on the way :cool:. I am looking forward to killing more fat and getting excited about this journey again. Hopefully we can all get some inspiration from each other as we reach our goals. Getting fit and healthy is a selfish act required of us all, we just have to really believe we can do it and deserve it.

smashlers, Maggie, jodoto :welcome3::hug::welcome3:

nikitanix Congrats on your weigh-in, you will be sliding on down past me soon :D. And I know you will find the motivation you need. If all else fails let yourself be your motivation. Sometimes I read my past posts and notes from when I was a higher weight. It allows me to remember when I thought my current weight was a long way off, puts my goals in perspective.

jodoto Yes there is a Two-teens to Onderland thread right after this one. Don't worry about you not having a thread for your decade, this forum always appears to have that covered.
I only rarely get tired of eating the same thing, probably because I mix it up enough. However, I can have chicken in every way possible and be fine with it :). The only thing I recall that I ever got tired of having constantly, was fish. I remember that I was staying with my non-meat eating mom at the time, and all she wanted was fish all the time. I mean, fish is certainly not lacking in variety by any means, but it felt like she cooked them all. After a while fish just starts to taste like fish.

wannaskipandlaugh My prayers will be with you and yours :hug:.

ainslie I think you just wanted to come back, because you missed us, :lol:. Pretty sure that you will be leaving us again real soon. You know, this will make it your second goodbye, and that....will hurt :cry:.

ainslie
02-07-2014, 05:47 AM
Thanks MarliQQ. Truth is I never made it i to the next decade. I also dont feel so bad about my binge yesterday. I did 5k on the elliptical at the gym (in 40min).FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. And I started TOM last night. So I can blame part of the binge on hhormones, but I'm still not going to bring hard cheese back in the house for a while. The soft laughing cow stuff is fine e.

jodoto
02-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Good Morning, everyone! I was up half a pound, so rather than dwell, I am feeling motivated! Today I will drink ten glasses of water! Flush all that fat right on outta me! Good luck to all in staying on your program....whatever that is! What is your goal for the day?

nikitanix
02-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Well done Walrus - you know what they say about the tortoise, slow and steady wins the race! 60lbs down already, huge congrats!!

Marli, thank you for your idea of checking out old posts for motivation. A friend suggested a keep a journal this year for the same reason, so as well as a journal tracking my food I'm also tracking my feelings and trying to be as honest with myself as I can without any negative putting-myself-down talk, about weight loss and life in general. Even reading back to the start of the year I can see how my perspective is changing, I really recommend it!

Well done rebelle!! I love it when my scale is nice to me!!

You can do it ainslie!

So, I am feeling a lot more positive as we come to the end of the week. It's funny, weekends used to be about food and partying and now I'm looking forward to having a morning with my yoga DVD tomorrow - lol! Still seeing my girls on Saturday night but I am determined not to let myself get carried away if we do end up going out for a meal, I will be looking for the grilled chicken and veggies too jodoto - as long as it's got some spice my tastebuds are happy!

Have a great weekend y'all!!

Nagazim
02-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi Everyone :)

Just checking in to say I'm still chugging along. We got to see the baby last Monday and he or she looks healthy and measures ahead of where I thought I was. I've managed to not gain an ounce (yay!) But I haven't stuck to my Paleo plan as strictly as I should have. I'm setting myself a 30 challenge of only paleo foods and hoping that will kick all of these crazy cravings out the door. My parents began eating Paleo on January 3rd and both have dropped 20 lbs and are now off of their diabetes medication. It works!
I'm ready for it to warm up. Me and my kiddos need some sunshine.
I'm not sure if there are any gals left from December, and if not then hi to everyone that's new and congrats on making it to this decade :)

mandydawn77
02-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Today was not a good weigh in day for me. I was up a pound from last Friday. I was 237.0 :( I wasn't expecting a loss because I weigh almost daily, but I didn't do that bad this week and definitely shouldn't have gained weight. I know how the scale can fluctuate and I need to keep better track of my calories in case that is the problem. I'm sticking to my zumba 4 days a week and even did the black light zumba party last weekend and danced for 1 1/2 hours straight, maybe even a little longer. I've been planking once a day during the week because we are doing a 30-day challenge here at work. Once I made it to 2 minutes I just stuck there because I think for me 2 minutes is hard enough and unless it gets a lot easier I'm not even going to try to go longer. You wouldn't think a 2 minute plank could wear you out, but by the end of it I'm sweating and out of breath. It's strange, but I guess you use a lot of muscles to hold yourself in that position. It looks so easy, but it's not. Anyway, I'm going to try not to beat myself up over gaining and I'm hoping that next week I will have a good loss.

nagazim - Congrats on the healthy baby check up and not gaining any weight! That's wonderful that your parents are sticking with the paleo and it sounds like they are really reaping the benefits!

rebelle - You are really moving along! Keep it up!

ainslie - I hear you about the hard cheeses. A week or two ago I was craving cheese and crackers and unfortunately every time I opened the fridge that sharp cheddar cheese was the first thing I saw and I gave in several times. I just had to make that my dinner sometimes because I know it's super high in calories and I can't be happy with just eating a little tiny square.

Welcome to all the new people who have joined the thread and congrats on your weight losses.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay motivated and stay on plan (I'm talking to myself too) :)

Maggie
02-07-2014, 05:27 PM
♪♥♫ GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY ☺♫

It is supposed to be a tad bit warmer today in the ♥-Land with the high temp at 18˚ and the low at 12˚ with 20% chance of precipitation. The few feet of snow we got the other day is still on the ground for it hasnít gotten warm enough for it to melt away. It is fun to see the children sledding down to the frozen snow covered river. The buffalo are impervious and have snow on their backs. The young ones are almost as big as the adults now for they grow so fast. I donít think it will be much longer before their owner removes the young ones to a different pasture away from the old bull. The old guy was frisky today having a great time rubbing his huge face in the dirt he had exposed on a hill by kicking the snow away and shaking his head. Evidently this cold weather agrees with him.

We are having snow flurries today which are about a foot apart swirling about. It isnít said they will amount to much moisture this day.

That rotisserie chicken we got yesterday was quite yummy and leftovers of a bird such as that help a nice bowl of noodle soup be yummy on a winterís day. Today I am crock potting a roast with some pink potatoes, quartered onions, cut up celery and a carton of fresh mushrooms. I found I am out of carrots so they didnít get in the pot this go-round. First I sprinkled chunks of garlic over the surface of the roast and then added a packet of onion soup mix and about a cup of water to the pot. The house will smell lovely all afternoon as it cooks.

MANDY I don't know how you do it by getting on the iron monster every day. I can't bring myself to get on mine more than once a week. I have one of those upright "Health -O-Meter" doctor type scales and it lives against one wall here in my office. Monday is my weigh-day because it helps me watch what I bite over the weekend. Don't beat yourself up when you show a bit of a gain for you do know that our weight does fluctuate and if you stay on your program the weight will come off. If you know that you have been out of line then get a grip and get right back on your program.

Hagazim I have heard good things about the Paleo plan if the folks can maintain their loss after losing what they intended to lose. Good for them for sticking to their plan.

Nikitanix Keeping a journell is a good mirror of ones slef of past behavior and then one can make necessary adjustments along the way to help the weight loss efforts.

Rabelle :congrat: Congratulations! Keep up what ever is working the best for you to lose down this road to thin. Thank you so much for the nice welcome.:D

Jadoto Whater is so very good for a body. You go girl ~ drink up.

Ainslie How often do you go to the gym? Sounds like you ae doing well on the eliptical. Keep up the good work and you will surely see nice results.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

smashlers
02-08-2014, 07:51 AM
TheWalrus we are right on track together! Pretty much same start weight. You said your goal is 199 by summer? That sounds likes. Pretty great/doable goal.

thewalrus0
02-08-2014, 06:35 PM
@ Smashlers

Yeah! I'm hanging around 235 but my appetite has been zero.

I'm not sure when it's going to come back but I just hope when it does I don't put on any weight from calorie fluctuations.

Since I was lucky to get to 235 so fast I'm kind of hoping to be 229 in March, which would mean that I'd be very much on track to my goal! I turn 23 in May and I think it would be so cool to be in the 210's or even under 200. My bday is at the end of May so there's a few weeks there that I could lose as well.

Congrats on all your progress!

MarliQQ
02-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Hello all! :coffee:

Today I weighed in at an even 224.0, yesterday I was 224.8, so if these 224's stick, then chances are, I will be out of 220's by the end of February!! I am trying not to get extremely excited :hyper:, but Tom is 7 days away, and I usually get a 3-4lb:sumo: whoosh one week after. So if that pattern sticks....well, you can do the math. Sooo :crossed:.

Maggie:lol3:I like you. Where are you located?? Heaven??? :angel:

thewalrus0 Having zero appetite, may mean your body needs a rest day, whether it be from physical or mental stress. Take some time for yourself :hug:.

jodoto No special goals for me today, just going to try as always to stay under cals, and get a great workout in :exercise:.

rebelle :cp: :cp: :cp: Congrats on your mileage and 230!! You will get to the 220's!! 3 more weeks left for you to lose that 1 pound, pretty sure you can do that :s:.

Let's get excited about all the weight loss around here people---and NSV's like Mandy's 2min plank!!!!!!!!!!
:celebrate::broc::cheer3::carrot::cheer2::cheer: :celebrate:
:celebrate::cb::cp::jig::hat::dance::flow2: :joker::celebrate:
:woohoo:

Mara
02-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Morning ladies! I got 239.8 two days in a row so I thought I would jump on down. Hopefully the scale does not influx back up. lol

I am with MarilQQ, way to go everyone!

Mandy I would be like london bridge if I tried to plank for 2 minutes. lol You go girl. The black light zumba sounds fun.

Rebelle I am ready for warmer weather so I can get out and walk again. I have definitley slacked on exercise. I do take the stairs at work multiple times a day, so that helps a tad bit.

IonMoon
02-10-2014, 10:23 AM
239 two days in a row for me, too :) So Hello all! I'll be joining you all for a while!

ainslie
02-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Hey everybody. I'm blaming the weekend of cravings to TOM. It's Monday and I'm back on track. Weight today was 225.6. Hopefully it will be back down in a couple days.

MAGGIE - I go to the gym Monday - Friday. On M, W, F I do a weight circuit and T and Th I do the elliptical ( less impact on knees).

I've also started back with doing the Wii Just Dance with my DD in the morning b4 school. Hopefully I'll go back to watching the lbs fall off. I finally measured myself after about 2-3 mths of not. I've lost 11" off my belly :) I'm not going to measure my body fat until the 18th. One, its TOM and two, I can't find the machine :)

mandydawn77
02-10-2014, 05:13 PM
The scale is stuck and it's getting really annoying. I know I have got to start logging my food intake better so that I can see what I'm doing wrong. I'm starting to wonder if some of the medicine changes my rheumatologist made are possibly making a difference as well. I don't know, but I do know when I get discouraged it can get ugly because I get that "who cares" attitude and just eat what I want. I have to get a handle on this before I get to that point. I know the problem has to be calorie intake because I know I haven't slacked off on my exercise. I know where some of the excess calories came from. A lady here at work brought in these okra chips at our last potluck and she told everyone they were freeze dried and had like no calories, so we were all pigging out on them. Big mistake. I knew they were too good to be healthy lol. I went and paid big bucks to get some at Reasors and they don't have any nutritional values listed, so I decided to search online. They are not just freeze dried okra, they are fried. The ones I found on Amazon were like 4.5 fat grams per ounce. Now I have some sitting at home and, even though I refuse to let them go to waste because they are outrageously expensive, I have to really limit myself and not overeat them. I informed the lady here at work that they are not calorie free like she thought. I should have known that a snack that great couldn't be calorie free lol.

rebelle - I'm trying to hang in there, but some days are harder than others.

mara - Good to see you here! Some days the plank seems easier than others. Today I didn't break a sweat, which is unusual for me. It seems like the longest 2 minutes of your life though. If you want time to slow down just get in the plank position and watch the clock, it practically stops :) I read somewhere that it strengthens your lower back, but I don't know if it's true. I know my lower ab muscles sure are sore afterward.

I better get my stuff ready to go. I want to get to zumba as early as possible, before someone steals my spot. I got there 10 minutes early yesterday and it was so crowded I had to go all the way to the other end of the gym to find a spot. These new people don't seem to understand that we all have our spots lol.

jodoto
02-11-2014, 06:34 AM
I was 237 this morning! I teach school and we have a snow day, so I am going to tackle cleaning my closet! I am going to organize by sizes....I swear, I could open a store! I am going to store the clothes in garbage bags and when I get out of a size, I am going to open a new bag....and donate the old "fat" clothes! I think this will motivate me and also keep me from backsliding into larger clothes. What do you think?

Mara
02-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi Ionmoon!

Ainslie that is an amazing NSV! I have not taken my measurements in awhile. I don't think I am doing it right. lol

Thanks Mandy! It is good to finally be here. It took awhile. I got really frustrated in the 240's with the scale not moving. I might give the planking a try. I need to strengthen my lower back and my lower abs could benefit to. LOL

Jodoto I think it is a good idea to donate the clothes that no longer fit. I had some clothes that were basically falling off as soon as I put them on so out they went.

I am at 239.0 this morning. :)

JennyT
02-11-2014, 10:58 AM
I weighed in at 229.2 this morning, I am a bit shocked! Down 5.6 from last week..?? I have been feeling pretty crappy these last few days and sleeping a lot and not eating as much as I normally do. I am thinking that number will bounce back up a bit. That being said - what I was eating was all healthy and not a lot of processed stuff so that could be part of it as well.

ainslie
02-12-2014, 05:47 AM
I had two NSVs yesterday. First my DH has several pairs of pants that are too big for him. I bought these elastic things that attach to the belt loops and snug up the pants. Anyway yesterday he put o a pair and I as attaching the thingies and there really too much extra material to look good. So I told him to put it in the donate box.....on a whim I took them out and tried them on. THEY FIT!!! Yes, they wereaxlittle too snug cross my hips, but they were zipped and buttoned.

The other is that I ran 5.36 km yesterday on the elliptical in 40 min. Really excited about this one.

Olivia7906
02-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and just moved into this thread from the 240's. Looking forward to the journey down! :)

I weighed in at 236.50 this morning. Weight has been coming off nicely since I started Monday but that's only two days lol. I seem to hold a lot of water weight. Anyways, cheers to losing!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Hello all and Welcome to everyone flying down to this thread! WOOHOO for you! We have the biggest contingency I am thinking... so lets all go forward and invade the 2 teens to Onderland really soon! :)

I have lost a friend and my heart is aching and my mind is sad... but I need to start on myself again. (Thank you Rebelle for you hug and Marliqq for yours too!) I had gained 9 lbs last week (cookies that really DON'T fill sadness holes) and have lost almost 7 of that and back down to 237.2 and working to get back to that 234.8... Gonna do it!

I have alot of posts to catch up on and will post more later.. but I am so thrilled to see you all here and everyone LOSING! This is going to be a great part of our journey and MARA... I am SOOOOO Proud of you!

Have a great day all!

Mara
02-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks Rebelle! Glad to finally be here. :)

Way to go Anislie on the NSV!!!

Welcome Olivia!

Congrats JennyT!

Sue :hug: I am glad to see you back on here. I am very sorry for your loss. :( I know there are no words to ease the pain, but I just wanted to say you are an amazing inspiring lady and I am here if you need to talk or just vent.

I am up a little today. The usual sodium culprit.

Change4Life
02-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi there!

I'm Donna, and would like to join this thread.

I started at 318 many moons ago (August 2011) and after a heart cath and stent, was determined to change my ways. I did, got down to (low) of 222..but basically hung out in the high 220's until last summer. I got fired from a job I loved because of something very political and unfair, and I just kind of stopped caring so much. I have tons of issues with having a special needs son as well...so it was just sad and overwhelming.

Anyway...I am back. On Jan 1st 2014 I weighed in at 259.8 and this morning I am 236. So I've lost about 20 pounds in 6 weeks. Very pleased to be on the other side of 240! Can't wait to hit 218 (100 pounds!) and then to be in Onderland. I will make it this time.

Here's to healthy bodies, minds and souls. We can!!

Donna

jodoto
02-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi to everyone! Donna I started Jan 1 at 256 and as of today am 236! We are right there together! I am so excited to be here in this thread and challenge everyone to slide right on through here and meet in teens land! I am almost 1/4 of the way there! I am looking at this as four little 5 pound increments! Good stuff! We are iced in in Atlanta today....They just closed school for tomorrow! See you lighter! Joanie

nikitanix
02-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Mandydawn, a 2 minute plank is great! They are HARD I know, I can barely make it past 30 seconds right now! You’ve inspired me to keep at it though!! And even if the scale isn’t your friend, you’re doing great things for your body with all this exercise, it will thank you later for sure! Haha, I know what you mean about having a spot in the class, I always go at the back right facing the mirror, I’m just drawn there and it bugs me if I have to stand somewhere else!

Thanks rebelle, yes I had a very nice morning with my yoga DVD followed by shopping trip with my girlfriends where I got new boots, a very nice day!!

Nagazim, wow at not gaining an ounce while pregnant! How many months gone are you?

Welcome IonMoon, Donna, Mara and Olivia!!

Great idea Joanie, helping yourself and others! How did the clear-out go?

Well done JennyT – clean eating has paid off, congrats!!!

Ainslie, great 11inches lost off the belly, that’s got to be the hardest place right?! Amazing!! And congrats on the NSVs!!

So sorry to hear about your loss Sue, lots of love and hugs, thinking of you

Weighed in yesterday and was down to 223.3, so that's 2.4 lost since last week, so happy but I have this sinking feeling I will plateau soon, not least because my phentermine script will finish in 2 weeks. But, I am on another forum where women continued to lose without it so I am trying to think positively!!

Nagazim
02-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Mara: It's good to see you again :D 239 will be right back on that scale. I literally hate sodium. It screws up my weigh ins every time!

IonMoon: Welcome aboard!

Ainslie: 11 inches off is amazing! Great job!!!! :carrot: && Congrats on not one but TWO NSVs! I'd love to fit into my hubby's pants. I'm far from it still.

Mandy: Sorry the scale is being stubborn. I've found if I have anything at all off plan, even a tiny taste, my weigh in is ruined. I hope you had fun at Zumba :)

Jodoto: Way to go getting to 237! I felt so good when I finally cleaned out my closet and rediscovered all sorts of cute things I had forgotten about. The really awesome part was that they actually fit again! I hope you feel cleansed and have a nice charity pile stocked.

JennyT: Awesome loss for just 2 days! I bet they just keep melting away :)

Sue: I'm so sorry about your loss. Grief is an ugly thing no matter what we choose to do. Just don't take it out on yourself. You may have just need a little time to refocus. It's great to see you again!

Rebelle: I do low carb too and must watch every calorie. I'm not as strict as I probably should be since I'm currently pregnant, but I know how easily I get out of hand when I go heavy on my carbs. It just makes me want to eat everything in the house!

Donna: Welcome! Sometimes we just have to step away and get our head back together. Glad you're back and didn't let life's obstacles ruin your journey :)

nikitanix: Way to go on the loss! I love loss weeks :) I'm currently just over 19 weeks and hoping to either maintain or drop a couple pounds during this pregnancy. My dr is supervising me since He thinks it's amazing how differently this pregnancy is going compared to my last (at this point I was approaching 30+ lbs gained then). It's amazing what a little willpower can do!

AFM: I went a little nuts with exercise over the weekend. We got our first snow so me and my 4 yr old had a blast + walking the treadmill + doing my Walk Away the Pounds DVD had me feeling sore and stiff. I'm hoping to keep my exercise in better check so I don't end up hurting myself. It was so much fun playing with him and I don't regret it a bit :)

This week my goal is no cheaty foods at all. I want to stay focused and just eat on plan. My husband has begun Crossfit this week so he's a lot more on board with sticking with Paleo and not bringing home ice cream (again).

Olivia7906
02-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes ladies!

Donna and Joanie, soooo yeaaaaah, ummm, I'd like to know what you are doing to lose over 20 pounds in six weeks!! OMG that is outstanding!!! Congrats! I'm 236 (and a half lol) right now too so I'm jumping on your bandwagon lol.

Change4Life
02-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Thanks for being so kind and welcoming!! Look forward to getting to know you all in the weeks to come.

I knew I'd lose pretty rapidly at first. I gained quite a bit over the holidays, and for me that kind of weight comes off pretty quickly.

Now the work begins...because I'm getting close to the place that is kind of a "set point" and it will be inching along (hahaha...no pun intended)

Yep Joanie...we're about at the same place!

Planning on starting to walk laps on Monday (indoor track at a church close by) Need to start exercising this old body. ; )

Stay warm and dry.

Donna

thewalrus0
02-13-2014, 02:09 AM
Hi everyone I hope you're all doing well.

I'm floating around 235 still, but I got here pretty quickly so I'm not complaining. I'm looking forward to the 220's!

Olivia7906
02-13-2014, 07:04 AM
Good Morning everyone!

I've also been floating along pretty fast but since I'm such a yo-yo dieter, I'm very used to my patterns. The first 3-4 days is mainly water weight and then it sloooooooows doooooown lol. I'm hitting that point now. It's slowing, but as long as it's still moving in the right direction I'm happy :) 235.00 this morning! Yippee!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-13-2014, 08:08 AM
I so do appreciate the hugs and love and comfort Mara, Nagazim (sooooo good to see you!), Niki (:) ) I truly do feel blessed. I am getting my mind back in the game and just know my friends soul is a graceful place!

I cannot believe how many AWESOME People/Ladies are in this thread!. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW... This is a great group! Hooray for us and strength in numbers!... We can merge all our determination and commitment and fly to the 2 teens onto Onderland enmase!

It is so good to see those of you who have been around for awhile and getting to lower numbers and the new people who are losing fast and writing such cheerful words (we are all so darn possitive.. LOVE IT!)

Me... almost all of my grief gain is gone! I am back to 236.2... and looking to get back to 235's or lower tomorrow.. Looking forward to my whoosh week again.

I wish you all the love in the world and send you all my Valentine's wishes (day early.. but I bet alot of you will be busy tomorrow!) :val1: :heart:

Change4Life
02-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Well, we got a boatload!!
We live in an area where we seldom get snow...if we do it is an inch. We have at least 8" now, and it's still snowing! Last night I decided to take a walk to take it all in...I walked for an hour, forging a path, up and down hills (how many calories did THAT burn?) It was just amazing. I felt like there was a blanket from God covering the earth.

Lost a little more than a pound from last weigh in, and that is exciting too. I have 16 pounds to go to hit 100 pounds, and that will feel like such an accomplishment! Heck that will BE such an accomplishment!!

Do something today just for YOU, 'cause you need to be nice to yourself on this journey.

Watch this for some positive-ness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg

jodoto
02-13-2014, 09:03 AM
We had snow today, too! What a beautiful, winter wonderland! I am so excited to report that I have lost another pound and am 235. 1/4 of the way through this thread....not that I don't want to hang here with all of you wonderful people, I just want to take all of you with me right on into the next two-teen thread! So, everyone, do what you know you need to do. Make the correct choices, and know that I, too, am out here trying to do the same. Have a glorious day! Check back tomorrow and let's all report another pound GONE! See ya lighter! Joanie

nikitanix
02-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Manydawn, we did planks today in pilates class (first time, coincidentally, since I was talking about it just yesterday) and I thought of you, NO ONE could hold more than about 40 seconds, you are the plank queen!

Lots of love :val1::val1::val1::val1::val1:to you all for tomorrow! Mwah!!

Change4Life
02-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Made Mashed Cauliflower today...a little butter, a little half and half and felt like I was eating a feast!!! What flavor! What texture!! Almost like mashed potatoes. YUM YUM YUM!!! :carrot:

MarliQQ
02-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Hello Everyone

:cp:Love, Love, Love, all this happy weight loss!:cp:

:welcome2:Change4Life:welcome2:
Congratulations on your 20lb loss! I am rooting for you :D. And cauliflower mash sounds interesting ;).

nikitanix I cracked 224 too, 223.9! We are getting out of the 220's, whether we go out running, walking, or crawling :crazy:.

Nagazim Awww--don't ban the ice cream :(. I keep ice cream, but I sit a tablespoon scoop on top, and the rule is that I can only have ice cream from the scoop and the ice cream can't leave the freezer. Now, you will get raised eyebrows from the fam, but you will also find that you will always have just enough.

Olivia7906
02-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day!

This morning was good and a bummer at the same time. The bad news is my youngest daughter woke up weak, dizzy and vomiting (she's only 6 years old). Her temperature is climbing so it looks like, instead of going to school and passing out Valentine's and having a party, she'll be in the doctor's office :( She's so upset.

The good news is, I'm down another 1.5 pounds putting me at 233.50 this morning! Sheesh, that's 9.50 pounds since I started on Monday! That's crazy! I'm looking at those 220's!! Here I come! :D

wannaskipandlaugh
02-14-2014, 08:03 AM
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you all! :val1: :val1:

Olivia.. I am so sorry about your daughter!.... Oh I hope its a 24 hour bug and she feels better really soon! She is your sweet Lil Valentine love!

Marliqq WOW you are less than 4 lbs away from the 2 teens... WOW.. I remember you in the 240's just a short time ago.. You are kicking arse and not taking any names!

Donna... I wish I could make myself try Cauliflower... I just can't get the memory taste out of my mouth from my youth!.. but ooohhh its sooooo low carb and on Atkins.. sigh.. Maybe....

Jotodo! ME TOO I am 235 (again) this morning. Now we need to crack that 3 and make it a 2! Lets do it! :)

Have a LOVELY and LOVING Day with your personal Valentines and remember.. we all here are Valentines for each other! We give and we care!

Mara
02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Man all you ladies are scooting right on through. :D

Olivia I hope your daughter feels better soon. And I love steamed caulifower so the mashed version sounds amazing. I have seen on here that people make pizza crust with it too.

I am holding steady at 239.8. Lots of sodium rich food this week. A few people resigning from my department at work, so lots of going away lunches/parties. Needless to say it has been kind of stressful.

IonMoon
02-14-2014, 10:12 AM
I have been following my plan very well and am very proud of myself... but haven't lost a pound in five days :) so still 239.3

Congrats to everyone for their hard work...

I actually bought a head of cauliflower to mash a week or so ago and it is still sitting there. I haven't had two consecutive days off this month, and each one has had something planned... but maybe tomorrow! lol.

Well, I am either going to mash it or try the "cauliflower popcorn" thing. Has anyone tried that?

smashlers
02-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Yippee! Weighed in today at 238.4! An all time low on my journey! Short little story, maybe some of you can explain:

Over the last few weigh ins I have woke up really early for some awful reason. I immediately weigh myself, it's always high. Then I go back to sleep for some hours and it is drastically low. Water? Exhaustion leaving my body and taking with it 1.3 lbs? I don't get it, but I like it.

Now I am off to Chicago to visit my fiancť. It's our first long distance valentines day, and we're going all out.

jodoto
02-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Happy Valentine's Day! I was 235 this morning...but I feel like it is solid! Olivia...Hope your daughter feels better soon....I teach school and we have a snow day, so I have a whole classroom of kids waiting for a party on Monday! Snow days and parties on Mondays...never good for classroom control! jodoto

fadedbluejeans
02-14-2014, 01:40 PM
wannaskipandlaugh try roasting your cauliflower ... I love it in any form but roasting with a little olive oil and salt makes it taste totally different from steamed or raw.

Olivia7906
02-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Thank you ladies for the well wishes for my daughter. She's feeling better. :)

I think I'm going to try that mashed cauliflower. It sounds sooo good!

Olivia7906
02-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Good Morning everyone! I hope your V'day was awesome!

I'm down another whole pound from yesterday - 232.50 this morning! Getting so close to the 220's! Can't wait to see them! :)

I hope everyone's doing great!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-15-2014, 08:57 AM
WOW Olivia You are just whooshing like crazy! Hooray for you! 220's are there right at the end of your street.. they are getting closer! But even better news - that your daughter is better!

:hooray: Rebelle! and :woohoo: getting into the "2's" weeeeeee Patience.. its a tough lesson.... but if we wait it out.. we get rewarded.. now you are going to be speeding to the 2 teens!

Faded... hhmmm Roasted Cauliflower and the idea of mashed radishes... well... hhmmmm will think about trying it... Think about it I will... keep telling me how good it really is! (I hate veggies!) :)

Mara and Ion...stalling for just a day or two is part of the journey... WHOOSH will come! :)

We have such a large group of people... I just can't keep up.. but I read all of your posts and support you and I really enjoy watching you all lose lose lose lose that darn weight and continue on your journey. I am happy to be doing this with you all.. I just have to apologize for not posting everyones names...

Me.. down to my ALL TIME low for this journey.. 233.8... Closer to 220's every day! (My old scale reads 219 oh how I love that old scale!!)

HAPPY and WARMER Saturday to you all!

Nagazim
02-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Good Afternoon ladies :)

Well we went out for dinner last night and even though I made "healthy" choices, I know there was a lot of salt and extra yuck that wouldn't have been included if I had cooked it myself. So today I was at 231.6 :( That's 6 lbs from yesterdays weight :/ So I'm going to wait until Monday and see if the scale is still reading high and then I'll change my ticker. I'm hoping I can flush it out with extra lemon water. (The meal way delicious though :D)

I'm so happy to see so many of you drop drop dropping on down! You're all just flying through here. TAKE ME WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE! hahah

jodoto
02-15-2014, 06:29 PM
234 for me today!!!!! yay! hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Olivia7906
02-16-2014, 07:53 AM
wannaskipandlaugh - thank you so much! It is literally blowing my mind how fast I've been dropping this first week! I do have an aggressive diet and exercise plan but I didn't expect it to be working this well lol.

Nagazim - I'm almost certain that by Monday that weight will have gone down significantly! I will be experiencing the same thing very soon as I have planned for Sundays to be my heavier eating day out of the week. I know the scale is going to go up temporarily but it WILL go back down! :)

Everyone is doing so well and it's soooo exciting to see everyone's progress! It's motivating!

As for me, down 1.5 pounds from yesterday. Whaaaaat? So 231.00 this morning. There's a big BUT though lol. The scale will go up tomorrow because part of my diet plan is for Sundays to be my heavier eating days. That's fine. I'm prepared to work my fanny off on Monday. :) Happy weekend everyone!

IonMoon
02-16-2014, 10:47 AM
smashlers- I have noticed a loss before and after exercising or (TMI?) using the bathroom- but never before and after a nap!

So I was at 239 for *7* days. I was not really upset by it, because I am trying to focus on my behaviors more than the numbers... but after a few days I was like, really?!? I even changed the batteries in my scale, just in case lol

Yesterday we went to the movies and I had missed lunch so I ate some of the popcorn my dh snuck in and a couple of pieces of taffy I had snuck in ;) And I had made pancakes for breakfast with chocolate chips and sunbutter and syrup... I recorded everything and still measured each item, but still was a splurge...

And this morning I woke up at... 238! finally! lol

The cauliflower popcorn recipe:
I'm not allowed to post links yet lol but I head cauliflower, cut into popcorn sized pieces, toss with 4 Tbsp olive oil, spread in a pan, sprinkle with salt, roast at 425 for 1 hour, shaking occasionally.

Olivia7906
02-16-2014, 11:20 AM
IonMoon - Awesome! It's like a splurge day will kick your metabolism back into gear....so long as we keep the splurges short lol! Nice work getting the scale to move again! :)

jodoto
02-16-2014, 02:06 PM
234 again for me today.....but tomorrow is another day. In the meantime, I am chugging my water and making healthy food choices! I pour all of my water into a pitcher first thing in the morning and keep it on the counter out in plain sight with a glass right next to it. Goal is to have it be gone by day's end!
Works for me, what works for you? See you lighter! Jodoto

Olivia7906
02-17-2014, 07:36 AM
Good Morning everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Well, as expected, I had a gain this morning. 1.25 lbs up from Sunday Morning. I eat a lot more calories on Sundays so I'm not surprised. It SHOULD be the only day of the week where I'll see a gain lol. So, 232.25 this morning. Time to work it off and hopefully see the 220's this week!! :)

How did everyone do this weekend?

wannaskipandlaugh
02-17-2014, 08:03 AM
Good Monday Morning all! I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's weekend! :) It was a perfect weather weekend here in Florida. 70's and dry. February and March are why I love living here!

Olivia.. Not to worry about that uptick (I know you are not) as its just water and will whoosh away really quick! :) and then onto the 220's!!!!

Jodoto. I bet you are at 233 today! :D... There are a few of us right around the same weight!

Ionmoon.. Hooray for you and going down.. That is great.. how onto the next one. I have to ask... Do you roast the Cauliflower for 1 hour at 425 degrees.. I was thinking of trying Cauliflower this week (Yikes) and either do a pizza crust Friday or this popcorn :)

Nagazim.. Its just water (Salt.. our NEW 4 LETTER WORK - ARGH!).. and that 6 lbs will go away. Your baby just has a bigger pool to swim in for a day or two :)

I am down to 233 this morning. I had hoped for 232 (+) as I weighed that amount yesterday after my walk... well I ate salty food for dinner - Meatballs and 1/4 cup Rao's sauce and CHEEEEEEZZZZZZ (I know which is the cuplrit! LOLOLOL) so hoping for some water whooshing this week.

Have a WONDERFUL day all! May the sun shine on you all day!

Mara
02-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Well the stress at work is affecting my eating. I let it influence me to make a bunch of bad decisions this weekend. But today is a new day and I am back on the train. :)

NSV I bought a pair of jeans and they were a size 16! A little tight, but not uncomfortable. Gives me some time before I have to buy a smaller size. ;)

smashlers
02-17-2014, 10:19 AM
mara I love "growing into" pants. Clothing bills while losing a lot of weight are insane!

Scale is holding steady at 238 and I freakin love it!

Change4Life
02-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Went out to eat for my hubby's Birthday last night. We went to Red Lobster and I had a salad, wood grilled salmon and scallops and broccoli. Enjoyed every bite and feel so accomplished that I could go, enjoy dinner and stay on "plan".

We went to see Saving Mr Banks afterwards (wonderful & amazing movie). I ate a little popcorn and had a small bag of skinny cow treats and was very happy. All in all it was a success.

This is what I remember about weighing over 300 pounds. I was always uncomfortable. Did not fit in movie theater seats, felt self conscious when I was in someone's space, hated booths in restaurants because I never knew if I would fit. Needed extensions on plane seat belts. Hoped to fit in the largest clothes when I went shopping. Never being able to find shoes wide enough, and having to order them online. I would hurt all the time. Couldn't stand for more than 5 minutes comfortably. Couldn't get off the couch without incredible effort. Walking was laborious.

Life has changed so much. I might not be where I want to be, but I'm so much better than I was.

Hubby told me that I could "pick a prize" when I make my goal.
Guess what I'm getting? 2 Corgi puppies!! (he's not a dog person, so this is a big deal for us!)

Thanks for letting me share.

Donna

Angie
02-17-2014, 01:04 PM
I have rejoined this thread many times...and here I am again! Currently at 238 and aiming for a 50lb loss...I hope to make my way out of this thread by the end of March. :)

MarliQQ
02-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Hello all! :hug:

I am currently sitting at 223.7, still waiting for my woosh :kickcan:, hopefully it will happen in the next few days. I would like to stay on track to lose 10 pounds a month, and 3 months from the first day of my journey is Feb. 26, so yeah, I'm waiting for 220 like a bully :club: does for "after school".

Olivia7906 Congrats on the losses! :carrot:
I too have thought of having a splurge day, but I realize that I splurge a little everyday. It is more like a cheat snack rather than meal. So it will usually consist of sweets and salty junk, pringles, pie, cake, oreos...I have gotten so bad that I plan my calories around that snack :dizzy:.

wannaskipandlaugh You will make it to 220's, even with :cheese:.

Nagazim It astonishes me the amount of salt they put in everything when you eat out--ensuring that we have more to worry about then just calories. But I love eating out, and that probably will never change, unless I get a personal chef...

Angie :welcome3: :welcome3: :welcome3:

Change4Life I love the amount NSV's you mentioned. Must be great to look back and see that progress. I can't wait until I can do that too...
Oh and that is great, great goal, and I am stealing it :p. I would love to get a second yorkie...

Mara You can do it!!!!!:broc::broc::carrot::cb::broc::broc:

Olivia7906
02-18-2014, 07:48 AM
Good Morning all!

MarliQQ - I am looking to lose that amount per month too (maybe a tad bit more if I can manage it lol). You are sitting now where I'm dreaming to get to, the 220's! lol By the time I get there, maybe you'll be outta here! I'm sure your whoosh is around the corner :)

So that 1.25 lb gain from Sunday's feast was gone this morning when I got on the scale. I lost the exact amount I gained from Sunday, to the pound. Kinda crazy but cool! So, 231.00 this morning and my hopes are still high for seeing the 220's this week! Yippee!!

JennyT
02-18-2014, 10:08 AM
228 - down 1.2 this morning. I was hoping for a bit more but last week was over 5 lost so what can I expect lol Have a good week everyone!

mandydawn77
02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
I thought I'd check in real quick. I haven't weighed in a few days because I'm scared to see what it says. I had one of those weekends where I wanted to do nothing but eat. Yesterday was better and today seems okay so far. My appetite can be insatiable sometimes. Nothing has changed as far as my eating goes. I still haven't gotten back on track and I know I have to. With all the birthday parties, dinner parties, baby shower and Valentines Day I just can't seem to get motivated to log my food and count calories or points. I need a kick in the butt.

On a good note, I went shopping this weekend because I'm tired of having nothing to wear. I bought size 18 pants, which for me is really great. The 16's fit, but were too snug on the thighs in my opinion. I carry a lot of weight in my thighs and butt. The pants I wore to work today are looser in the thighs, but I was worried that when I washed and dried them they might shrink. I washed and dried them and they didn't shrink, so now I'm thinking I should have bought the 16's. I don't recall ever buying 16's so even trying them on just blew my mind. The fact that they fit, even though they were tight, was just mind boggling to me. Anyway, I only bought 2 pair of pants because I'm hoping I will shrink out of these someday soon. I also got some new shoes and of course the kids got new shoes, clothes and hats.

niki - I haven't been planking lately. I think about it every day and plan to do it, but never seem to get around to it. I need to get back in the habit of it. I don't know if I could do a full 2 minutes now. I may have to work my way back up.

I better get back to work. I hope you all have a great day.

jodoto
02-18-2014, 05:34 PM
233 for me this morning! I want to be in the 220's by next Tuesday. We are doing a Biggest Loser thing at work, and I have been the Biggest loser two weeks in a row. Today was weigh in, and I am anxiously awaiting the results. I am trying for a three-peat! I'll keep you posted! Drink up! h2o.... I have never seen the insides of so many bathrooms in my life! haha!

Olivia7906
02-19-2014, 07:26 AM
That's awesome jodoto!! You're doing great! I'd LOVE to see the 220's by next week too, hopefully this week if I'm lucky. Keep up the great work! :)

I was down only 0.25lbs this morning. Yesterday, I lifted HEAVY weights for 30 minutes doing Chalean Extreme. It was the first time I went REALLY heavy. I've heard that the body can hold on to water weight after a heavy lifting session. When I woke up this morning and saw myself in the mirror I was pleasantly surprised at how much smaller I looked and I thought the scale would translate, so I was shocked that I had only lost a quarter of a pound. I'm guessing my muscles are holding on to water for repair.

So, 230.75 this morning. Oooooooh the 220's, stop teasing me!!! :D

wannaskipandlaugh
02-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Olivia.. you WILL be in the 220's asap! I really see it!

Jodoto.. good for you!.. you are on the lower end of the 230's too and the 220's are in your NEAR future!

Mandy... wow.. tho you can fit into a 16! (snug I know and the 18s are more livable) but a 16! Well worth working into! (I am still in a 1X - 2X - Large Keister here!) and you are back on track and going forward in this journey.. that is the good thing. Sometimes our bodies just are Hungry... Gotta listen to the body (Just not the little EGO voice in our heads that want to sabotage us as often as it can)

JennyT.. Glad you lost that little gain and YOU are just so close to the 220's! WOW

MarliQQ... You made me laugh with the cheese LOL I needed that. Almost 30 lbs off already! THAT is awesome! Yep.. you have a week and a whoosh is in your future!

Me.. Went up yesterday and lost alittle today 234.2.. but still up from Sunday's weight of 233 BOO... But I have a very sick Boy cat... Has ALOT of Crystals in his tube (between bladder and PeePee) and he was at the vet yesterday $675!!!! and the poor thing is quietly living in my bathroom and is trembling still (this is the day after) so I know he is still hurting after the proceedure from yesterday.. poor Thing.. He is my TomTom! :)

Have a great HUMP DAY all!

Change4Life
02-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Dropped a little more weight. When did that ever happen on a birthday week? (my hubby's not mine). Bought him a nice cupcake instead of a cake to keep from being tempted. :D

Also, I've found mashed cauliflower to be incredibly satisfying and so much less calories than mashed potatoes. YUM. New favorite comfort food.

Hope you all are enjoying your day!

jodoto
02-19-2014, 05:37 PM
I have had a great day eating wise....got some chicken breasts in the oven...I want to fill up on that. Still 233 this morning.... I hope I can reach the 220's by Tuesday! I sort of wish that these threads were by the ten pound increments, rather than two "decades" at a time... However, I get to hang around with all of my fabulous friends and cheerleaders for longer, so maybe it is a good idea to do the two decades at a time!

JennyT
02-19-2014, 09:18 PM
How do you make mashed cauliflower?? Sounds delish!

Olivia7906
02-20-2014, 07:59 AM
I weighed in at 230.25 this morning, which is 0.50 lbs down from yesterday. I think the first week gave me VERY HIGH expectations because I was losing at least a pound a day. I KNOW that wasn't going to continue but in the back of my head I wished it would LOL! So now, time to deflate my EGO and relax into this journey :) A half pound in a day is great!!

Change4Life
02-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Hi there...

For Cauliflower Mash, I just steam Cauliflower until it is really soft, and use it like a base for mashed potatoes...adding a little milk or half and half and some butter and salt. So you still have calories from the butter and milk...but hardly any from the "potato" (since it is cauliflower). Sometimes I just mash it with a fork, but it works super well with a food processor or mixer too.

mandydawn77
02-20-2014, 09:28 AM
I finally braved the scale this morning and it was 237, so I did gain, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I'm going to give myself a day or two before I change my stats because I'm hoping it will quickly go back to 236. I really hate having to change it when it's going the wrong direction.

On a good note, last night at zumba one of the girls who dances by me brought me a pair of zumba pants that were too big on her. I told her that they probably wouldn't work, but she insisted they would. I tried them on when I got home and they fit really well. They are an XL, but I heard zumba clothes ran small and considering my instructor said she buys a large I didn't even think the XXL would work for me. These are a different style than what my instructor wears, so maybe that makes a big difference in how they fit. I'm just excited to have a pair of zumba pants :) I'll have to wear them tonight so I can show her how good they fit. I feel like I need to pay her something for them because I know they aren't cheap and she only wore them a few times. I remember she said she got them on sale, but I'm sure they were still pretty expensive.

nikitanix
02-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Hey y'all!! Everyone is doing great!!

Change4Life, thanks for the cauliflower recipe, I love some mashed potatoes so this will be great for me to get that comforting feeling on less calories! Thank you!

Mandydawn, great NSV on the zumba pants - how are zumba pants different?

Oilivia, 0.5lb a day is great!! I weigh weekly and if I'm around 2lbs I'm over the moon so that works out as 3.5 a week, so you're doing great! I heard that too about aching muscles retaining water, but more importantly if you're looking smaller in the mirror, who cares what the scales say!!

Oh Sue, lots of love to your poor sick kitty, hope he's better soon!

NSV for me, managed to work out 10 days in a row!! Speaking of rows, I also did 35 minutes on the rowing machine yesterday - I think it was because I had made a new great playlist on my ipod which I listened to while I was rowing so I will have to make some more!!

mandydawn77
02-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Good for you on the working out 10 days in a row and the 35 minutes on the row machine!

As far as the zumba pants/clothes go, it's just the brand. They have a website where you can buy their clothes and they are way too proud of their stuff in my opinion. I would only buy something if it was marked way down. Most of their stuff is workout-type clothing. They have yoga-style pants, cargos, leggings, some that look like lounge pants and mostly bright, fun colors. Some of their cargo pants have tassel-like things on the pockets that swing while you shake your booty to the music.

You should try the mashed cauliflower - it really is good. When I was doing low carb I used cauliflower for mashing and for rice. It really makes a good substitute. Of course when I was on a strict low carb diet I could eat real butter and a little sour cream and cheese and even add some bacon to the mashed cauliflower, so yummy. If you grate the cauliflower it makes a great rice substitute that you can stir fry or steam in the microwave. Even my kids liked the cauliflower rice and that's saying a lot. I would make a stir fry with chicken and tons of different vegetables and soy sauce. I have to make myself back off on the soy sauce because I tend to go a little overboard with it. My kids would pick around the other vegetables and mostly just eat the "rice" and chicken lol.

MarliQQ
02-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Hi guys.
So these past two days were...yeah the worst days.. I went over my cals both days, and for the first time in over 2 months, 2 consecutive days occurred and I did not work out. No excuses, but sometimes I get so stressed that everything grinds to a halt mentally, even though I'm still smiling on the outside. Gotta keep up the appearances :rolleyes:.
Anyways still sorta "decimal creeping" 223.5 today, but honestly, I am suspicious of the number. It just is weird for me to drop decimals two days in a row since I always do this weird fluctuating up and down thing and then a woosh. I think it is a water weight thing--with no weight training, and decreased water intake, I supposed it would start to slip--because it certainly wasn't because I ate less by any means :rolleyes:...

mandydawn77 You are such an inspiration, even though I have noticed you post a lot less these past few months ;). I say that because, despite the scale, workload, keeping up with the kids, your Zumba watching Ex :p, and off plan detours--things that I know would discourage me--you keep going. I know you probably don't feel like you are an encouragement, but you are. So thank you for posting and being my motivation.

Nagazim
02-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Well the Friday night meal ran through Sunday night where we ate out 3 different times so by Monday morning I was at 234.6 :( Fake foods really ruin my body.

Today is day 2 of strict no cheating and I'm down to 229.2 I just hope to be back around 224 by Monday since that's my baby dr appointment and I don't want it to seem like I went hog wild and gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks.

My son's 4th birthday party in Sunday and DH's family will be here Saturday for me to cook for :( They won't eat Paleo so I have to cook something cheaper to spread around for 10 people. So I'll cook them chicken, fries, mac n cheese, and baked beans while I eat something else. I refuse to break. I'm going 5 whole days without cheating!

Change4Life
02-20-2014, 10:09 PM
After "outgrowing" my "skinny" jeans over Christmas...I am proud to say that I tried them on tonight and

Drumroll::::::::::::::::::::::::::

They don't just FIT, they are COMFORTABLE!!!!

Whoooohoooooo!!!:

:trampo::trampo::trampo::trampo::trampo::trampo:

Olivia7906
02-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Bummer #1. Soooo, the scale is starting to stalll for me. No weight change from yesterday. Still 230.25 lbs today. Bummer #2. Yesterday I injured my back muscle doing heavy weight lifting so I had to take the rest of the day off from exercise and activity. Sigh. Once again, the 220's escape me lol.

jodoto
02-21-2014, 09:31 PM
I am at 231 today! 25 pounds, GONE! And....I wore a size smaller jean to school today....So, I am throwing out every pair of jeans I have that are larger than the pair I currently have on!!!!! I can almost taste the 220's!!!!!

Olivia7906
02-22-2014, 07:03 AM
jodoto - that's fantastic! I think I am going to do the same thing once I can actually get back into the clothes in my closet lol. The only exception is, I keep one pair of size 24 pants as a reminder of how far I've come. Great work, keep it up! :)

Sooooooo......(drum roll)......I FINALLY broke the 230's!! I weighed in at 229.50 this morning!! Yippeee!! So excited! Now, let's hope it sticks after Sunday lol. Happy Weekend everyone!

smashlers
02-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Not a crazy loss this week, but I am down one pound. A loss is a loss!

jodoto
02-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Olivia I have one pair of size 24's as well. Just want to have it for when I get to where I am headed, I will be able to remind myself of where I have been! I was 230.5 this morning! I am right behind you.....220's here I come!

Ashley! Great job! A loss is a loss!

I am pretty excited to be sliding on down to the 220's never to see 230 again....never! I know, never say never, but NEVER!

jodoto
02-23-2014, 08:34 AM
gOOD mORNING, skinny pEEPS! Whoops...I mean, Good Morning, Skinny Peeps! Dang that caps lock button! Anyway, I got your attention! Welp, I did it....I was 229 on the scale this morning!!!!!!!!!!....Good bye 230's Nice knowin' ya (well, actually it wasn't) but you know what I mean. Hello to all of you fabulous 220's people.... Onderland is coming into sight! Can't wait! I read somewhere on here that someone had said that we are all just a few months away from our goal. For some reason, that really has helped me. We are, just a few months away from our goal! I am focusing on summer coming and how much better I am going to feel about myself. I am planning on doing what I call clean eating between now and then. Clean eating is, for me, Staying on my eating plan and not cheating!....not even once. That is my simple goal for each day, hour, sometimes even minute! No BLT's for me....what is a BLT? A delicious sandwich? No, it stands for Bites. licks, and tastes! They all count and they all add up, so no BLT's for me! Anyway....I am so excited to join the 220's....I invite all of my inspirational friends back in 230 land to slide on down here with me....I miss you already, so hurry up! Hello 220's!!!!!! Have a glorious day! Jodoto

Olivia7906
02-23-2014, 09:36 AM
jodoto - WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! Congrats!!! You were right when you said you were right behind me lol! You are doing awesome! I like what you said about being only a few months away from goal. Thinking of it that way makes it not seem so daunting.

I weighed in at 228.50 this morning which is 1 pound down from yesterday. Will it stick after today (Sunday)? Probably not lol. But I'm sure it will be gone quickly. It's sooooooo good to see the 220's!!

MarliQQ
02-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Hello Everyone. ;)

Today I saw some real movement on the scale, but I am reserving my excitement until I see the number I want--yeah I'm being obstinate :). But I feel like my scale keeps throwing crumbs at me, so that I won't throw her out the window. I am catching on to her tricks, and I am not playing around with her anymore :snooty:, she will do as I say :drill:.
Anywho, I was looking at this thread in the maintenance forum--I am going to bump for others to look at--but it basically outlines the experiences of others in their thin state, and it got me to thinking about what I remember. I so can't wait to get back to that level of fitness, where I could run, play basketball, football, and just generally always seem to have this second set of lungs for when I got tired. I can feel I am slowly getting back to that, because yesterday, my dog wanted to play "chase me" and I didn't die--I was winded, but again, I didn't die :lol:.

Nagazim I know you can do it :hug:, and congrats on the poundage you lost so far! And how does your immediate family react to all being on Paleo, are the kids allowed to eat "off plan"?

Change4Life Congrats on the skinny jeans NSV! :lol:

Olivia7906 WOW!! Great loss!!:woohoo:

jodoto We are both looking to Summer :sunny:! We definitely all will have abandoned this thread by that time. Just based on the rate of losses every single member is experiencing. So here is to being cooler this summer--aren't you tired of sweating needlessly?? I know I am :beach:...

jodoto
02-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Olivia, I am coming after ya! Wink, wink!

Olivia7906
02-24-2014, 07:15 AM
HA HA!! Well you've gotten me beat today! LOL! :D You are doing awesome!

So after my high calorie Sunday, I gained the usual 1.25 lbs, just like last week. But my body clung on for DEAR LIFE to the 220's! So I'm 229.75 this morning. I KNOW it's only water weight and not a true fat gain because I don't even come close to eating the amount of calories that would warrant that much of a fat gain (it'd have to be something like 5,500 calories). I eat at most 2,000 - 2,500 on Sunday.

So new goal.....getting out of this group and into the 2'teens!!! Let's go everyone! :D

Mara
02-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone! I am still hanging around, but lots of stress and increases workload at work. Not making the best choices, but not going real crazy either.

Sue I hope your kitty is better. :(

You guys are doing great resisting temptations and moving on when not. :) I bought a pair of shorts that were a size 16 this weekend. I held them up and thought man that is a lot smaller than my 20's. LOL

nikitanix
02-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Mandydawn, love that your kids were fooled into thinking cauliflower was rice! I am so giving that a try this weekend!

Keep strong while you're cooking all that food Nagazim!!

Change4life and jodoto, great jeans NSVs - funny how we all measure ourselves with our jeans, I guess it's cause when they fit they're soo comfortable but when they don't, they are pretty unforgiving!!

Sorry about your injury Olivia, but so glad to see you had a happy ending and you're into the 220s - woooo!!

Ashley, me too I lost a pound this week, but like you say, a loss is still a loss!!

Love your positive attitude jodoto!! And you're right, just a few months away!!

Great shorts NSV Mara!!

So, I am down a pound this week to 221, and I realized that means I'm at the bottom of this thread! I was thinking this was until 210!! I set a goal today for Easter to be 215 to give myself time to get down and not rush. I'm coming off phentermine for a month and dreading/looking forward to seeing how I cope on my own. If I can keep to a pound a week I'll be happy. Even maintaining for a month wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Of course, if I do well this month then I will be super happy but I have to prepare for the worst. But, all you ladies are doing it solo so I don't see why I can't too!!

Have a great week y'all!!

Change4Life
02-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi there peeps!

I'm getting ready to fly out of here in a week! Laundry and cleaning house (or trying to) today. Getting everything ready for my 10 day jaunt to Orlando. Part of me is excited and part of me is terrified.

Hopefully my guys will still be alive when I get home!!

Made my hubby a visual calendar of things he has to do for Jonathan each day. He's so clueless sometimes. It really helped over the weekend. My goal is for him to "practice" for when Mama's away. (Jonathan has Type 1 Diabetes and autism among other things.)

The retreat is for Moms of "extra" special needs kids. Honestly cannot believe I'm dong this!!

I'll be here occasionally, when I take a break.

(Not weighing for a few days. Hope to see the 220's by FRIDAY!!)

jodoto
02-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Have a great trip, Change for Life! You deserve it! Relax and rejuvenate! Olivia.... let's go....228 tomorrow? Yes? Niki....you go on to that next thread, and we will join you ASAP! Tell them we are coming! Ha ha! Have a great evening, everybody!

Olivia7906
02-25-2014, 06:36 AM
jodoto - the scale is NOT being my friend this week. Maybe I can catch you later in the week LOL!

What gives scale? It didn't budge this morning. I worked out SO hard yesterday too. Drank 3 liters of water. 229.75 lbs. I'm still holding that 1.25 lb gain from Sunday. Bleh! Better luck tomorrow.

wannaskipandlaugh
02-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Donna.. I hope your days of relaxation helps recharge your batteries! I can't even imagine what your daily routine is with your family and child. But love, faith and courage is never in short supply with you!

I am been absent and I am sorry... Had troubles myself last week on top of my friend dying 2 weeks ago. I now have stomped down on that little voice in my head and told it and its (oh Who cares and go ahead and eat that) noise to go away! I am in this to win this (for me!)

237.6 today (yikes 4.6 higher than my lowest)

I hope you all have an awesome and fabulous day! You can! Just imagine and believe it!

Olivia7906
02-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Change4Life - I really hope you enjoy your time in Sunny Florida! I know how you feel about clueless dads and leaving the kids with them LOL! I am the same way with my girls lol. Hopefully you can find some time to relax! We moms deserve it! :D

So I think I'm going to change things up a bit and try juicing starting tomorrow and through the month of March. I'm going grocery shopping this afternoon to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies and to replace my old juicer. I have two months to fit into this bridesmaids dress for my brothers wedding and I'm running out of time! I need the scale to mooooove! Hopefully this goes well.

JennyT
02-25-2014, 09:24 PM
up 0.6 this week - but I know exactly why! One pot luck (with dessert) one birthday party (with cake and pizza) and one meal of left over birthday party food (cake and pizza)

After almost 2 months of all good eating and a steady loss every week - there was my first gain. BUT I have refocused and expect good results again next week :)

Olivia7906
02-26-2014, 06:53 AM
JennyT - I'm sure you'll see results very soon! Gaining less than 1 pound is actually very good! Basically, you maintained your weight throughout your party week so that's excellent!

So I've weighed 229.75 lbs for the 3rd day in a row. I did heavy lift yesterday AND I ate more calories. Maybe that had something to do with it, maybe not. It's crazy because I can visibly see the change in the mirror but the scale doesn't move. Odd. But today I will be changing things up because 3 days is too long for me LOL. For one, I was eating very high protein. I'm going to cut the protein down and replace the calories with fresh fruit and vegetable juice (so an increase in carbs). Secondly, I'm going to drink two big juices a day and then have one meal high in protein. Let's see how that goes!

Happy Wednesday! :D

wannaskipandlaugh
02-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Scale numbers are so frustrating aren't they?!!! Our bodies, somedays, just hold onto water (stress, salt, muscle overusage etc) and it just boggles our minds! What patience we all have and COMMITMENT (my favorite word of the week now). I know we all will see a better number soon... It WILL happen. Just keep plugging along and it will show up.. in the mean time...... we need girly suspenders to keep our pants on! :lol: as they are falling off with the inches lost! :)

Olivia7906
02-26-2014, 10:33 AM
LOL, wannaskipandlaugh, you are SOOO right! I need to be meditating DEEPLY on that "Patience" word right about now lol. But one thing I won't do....give up! :D

MarliQQ
02-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Hey guys :hug:

So I had :eek:/:fr:/:?:/:love: all in the span of maybe 1 min this morning. I think this is because I was sooo not expecting any sort of woosh since I had a pretty good one days ago, but 2 FREAKING TEENS BABY!!!
:carrot::carrot::cp::cp::dance::dance:

Totally happy!!!
So happy that--you know what? For fun I am going to take you through my thoughts that occurred this morning during my weigh-in as best as I can...So I'm standing there groggy, expecting 22-something, saw something completely different causing my mind to race to the worst...

"Please, Please be good, 220 please", "here we goooo......look down, look down", "HOLD UP! 291!--No 229!---", "Why is there a freaking 9 before the decimal?!!", "Scale is broke!", "Something is wrong!", "Get off the freaking scale!!", "Focus your freaking eyes!", "I'm weighing myself again!", "I'm gonna cry--Read it, Read it!!....okaaaay......2.....1??......Wait! Girl that says....219...219?....ooooooooOOOOOOMFG!!", "WTF??!!", "Weigh-in again, WEIGH-IN AGAIN!!", "It's the same, It's the same!!", "Witch! LOOK at you with your skinny self, losing weight--doing your thing!", "Go get dressed, suck in that gut!", "SEXY!", "Looking good, looking GOOD!"

:encore:

:lol: I am sooo dramatic. But you get the gist right?? :dizzy: Great way to start my day off--and guess what??--I had McDonald's yesterday too! So I though the sodium was going to jump on my back and kick my :kickbutt:. Pleasant surprise....

wannaskipandlaugh Hun, I hope you do feel much better. I am horrible at coping with pain and stress, so if you were able to get yourself back to some modicum of sanity, God bless you and yours :hug:.

nikitanix Great loss!! Maybe we can keep from bouncing back up together, so we can finally graduate! :cheer:

Olivia7906 Good to hear that there are still women here not afraid of weights :). Keep it up!

Mara Don't you love a good pair of jeans? Congrats on the NSV :carrot:!

thewalrus0
02-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone!

Been stuck around 235 this last week. I got all the way back up to 237 but that was mostly water weight so once I got back on track I quickly got back down to 235, but I had seen 233 for a glorious day so I'm hoping to be back to 233 and then I'm really hoping to get into the 220's during spring break.

Since I started dating these last couple weeks I think I just needed a little while to get back to a routine.

When I don't get enough sleep I really get messed up so these last few days my priority has been proper sleep.

It's also been a little stressful in school so I'm just trying to balance everything out again. I hope after spring break I'll be in top shape again and in the 220's. :)

Olivia7906
02-27-2014, 06:58 AM
MarliQQ - I LOOOOOOVE lifting weights. I'm a pretty strong gal too so it makes me feel powerful! :D

So I've FINALLY had some downward movement on the scale this morning after a 3 day stall. 228.25 this morning! Down 1.50 lbs from yesterday. That diet change is showing results!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-27-2014, 07:48 AM
MARILQQ I LOVE your post.. you are Hysterically funny! Love it and :woohoo: to you and the "9" :D Congratulations!! Those posters in the 2 teens are gonna love you!

Walrus.. sounds like you are doing well with all your stress and Dating TOO?! GOOD for you! You are AWESOME time to share with someone else!

Olivia.. I am so glad your scale finally caught up with you :D... and it will continue to do so! :)

Me... up .2 lbs... I was not good yesterday... tho I did walk... soooooooo gotta stop the bad choices and try and smile more too.. that Always helps the mood!

fadedbluejeans
02-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Congrats MarliQQ! great post, LOL.

jodoto
02-27-2014, 02:25 PM
227 for me this morning!!!!! yay yay! I am in a zone....I just hope I can keep on keepin on! I feel like I am one cream puff bite away from poofing up to the Michelin Man size! MarliQQ you go on ahead and pave the way for us to slide on down to the two-teens with you! Congrats!!!

I was biggest loser again this week at work! Rah Rah sis boom bah!

thewalrus0
02-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Back to 234 this morning!

:)

Starting to feel like myself again, after a week of being a little too indulgent and getting back up to 237. :P

I'm pretty sure last week I was just too tired and when I get too tired I make bad decisions about food. Usually I am able to catch up on sleep pretty fast and just have a day of bad eating but last week I felt like every night I was needing more so I think after getting some rest I'll be able to stay on track.

I'm really looking forward to the 220's! Just 5lbs away!

I'm well aware of how much of a journey this whole weight loss thing is. You go in hoping it'll be all linear and simple but it's a twisty rollercoaster and once you accept that things suddenly seem a whole lot more enjoyable, and do-able. :)

Olivia7906
02-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Back to 234 this morning!

I'm well aware of how much of a journey this whole weight loss thing is. You go in hoping it'll be all linear and simple but it's a twisty rollercoaster and once you accept that things suddenly seem a whole lot more enjoyable, and do-able. :)

Gosh, this is so true! Thank you for pointing this out again cause I needed to hear it lol. I had this image in my head that things would go as I wanted them to. NOT SO! It's definitely a ride, but letting go and letting things be does help to alleviate the stress of it all. :)

Olivia7906
02-28-2014, 06:43 AM
227.00 this morning for me. Cutting down my protein and drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices started the scale moving for me again. I was eating an awful lot of protein, which I have never done for weight loss in the past (and never had stalls in the past either). Hmm, maybe my body just has a hard time digesting too much protein? I must say though, I don't stay full as long with the fruit/vegetable juices. I'm hungry MUCH quicker than with all the protein lol. But it's working! :D I'm focusing on getting under 225.00 so I can be on my way to the 2'teens!

Hope everyone has a happy Friday!!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-28-2014, 08:07 AM
WooHoo Olivia.. 227! Weeeeee you are free falling down the 220's Hooray for you!

I have almost lost all my water gain.. Back down to 234.6 and hopefully lower this weekend.. I WANT to SEE 220's on my scale OH YES I DO... Oh Wait.. I see it... its just right over there...I'm coming to get you!!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!

nikitanix
02-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Donna, have fun in Orlando!! You deserve it!

Olivia, good luck with your juicing and getting into your bridesmaid dress!!

Well done Marli!! 2 teens!! I really hope to be down there too next week - fingers crossed!

Congrats jodoto, how many of you are losing weight at work?

So true Walrus, great analogy!

Sue, I'm willing that your scale obeys you, it should be scared if it doesn't!!

Sorry, not much time to post today but wanted to read up on all your news and wish everyone a great weekend!!

jodoto
02-28-2014, 05:42 PM
I am hungry!!!! It has been a long day. I am going to try to fill up on water....of which I have not had much of.....could be why I am hungry!!!! I just want to hang on to this minute, this second, sometimes! I try to just do this each moment at a time. I can't look at the long haul, because it is just too long! I teach school and my kiddies are keeping track of my weight loss on the board! Talk about never wanting to cheat! yikes! Welp, have a great weekend everyone....See ya lighter!!!!!! Jodoto

Change4Life
03-01-2014, 06:35 AM
I've CROSSED OVER!!!

I have not weighed all week. I really wanted to be in the 220's before I left for Orlando. This morning I was brave, and decided to step on the scale! Woot!!! 229! Just barely but I'm there!!!

Leaving Monday morning!

Wishing you all many pounds gone!

(((((((((((())))))))))

Olivia7906
03-01-2014, 08:03 AM
wannaskipandlaugh - thank you! You will be seeing those 220's in no time!! I feel it! :D

nikitanix - thanks so much! The juicing is REALLY working!! I can't believe how much the weight is flying off!! That may have a lot to do with the large bowel movements it's causing too lol! But I'm loving it! I gotta get into that dress and time is running out! :D

jodoto - You're doing awesome jodoto! Bask in your success! I don't like looking at the long haul either. Just day by day. I want to experience every single bit of this journey because this is the LAST time I'm going down this road lol.

Change4Life - congrats on getting to the 220's!! You are now on the downslope out of this thread!

I'm still doing good with the juicing! The weight is flying off, it's bananas. My body seems to like it. :D 224.75 this morning! My mouth hit the floor. I don't know if it's true so I'm going to see what I weigh tomorrow. I have a doctor's balance scale so there really is no room for error so it has to be true lol. I'm in denial lol. But I'm taking it! I'm going to get rid of my high calorie Sundays for a while and just keep juicing throughout the weekend too.

Have a happy weekend!! :carrot::broc:

jodoto
03-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Change 4...Awesome....have a de-LIGHT-ful trip!
Olivia! You are amazing! How many meals are you replacing with a juice?
I was 226.5 this morning!!!! yay!
gonna have a "be strong" type of weekend!
Off to work! Jodoto

thewalrus0
03-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone!

Having a teeny break today for a gyro and I may have eaten brownies for breakfast, although I'm logging everything and intending to stay below calories. :P Probably going to stick around 234 until the end of the week. I hope to start spring break at 233lbs, that would be great, hopefully ending close to 230 but who knows.

I really just want to get into the 220's in March.

jodoto
03-02-2014, 06:03 AM
226.5 again for me this morning, but I added another day of perfect eating...so, I know the scale will show that eventually! I am trying to string together many, many days of what I consider to be perfect eating days. So far, I have not had a relapse since January 25....well unless you count the day that I had a bite of pizza and chewed it and spit it out into the sink when I realized what I had done....I know, I sound like a nutcase....but food has made me nuts! Sorry, all this is probably too much information! TMI alert! Anyway, what crazy thing have you done? Or am I the only one that has such a crazy relationship with food? I have realized that I have a love/hate relationship with food...I love to eat and I hate to eat. Oh well, maybe I will sort it all out one day. In the meantime, I will continue on trying to win this war against fat! One Battle of the Bulge at a time! Have a great weekend! Jodoto

justaloozer
03-02-2014, 07:25 AM
After a week of bouncing back and forth from 239-241, I finally hit 238.2 today! I feel like it is safe to join this thread. :D

Jodoto I also have a love/hate relationship with food! I am learning to love foods that are good for me though, so it's leaning more to loving food. :)

Olivia7906
03-02-2014, 08:19 AM
jodoto - originally I was eating two meals a day. Each meal would be between 600-750 calories each. It was PACKED with protein. So I decided to replace one of those meals with two big fruit/vegetable juices spread out more in the day. So it kind of worked out like two juice meals and one 600-750 high protein meal with LOTS of water. So I'm taking in a lot of liquid which could have a lot to do with the rapid dropping in weight. I'm thinking the reduction in protein helped too because my system started feeling a bit sluggish. :)

justaloozer - welcome to the club! :D Congrats on making it officially into the 230's! Don't stick around too long though...move on DOOOOWN! :D

wannaskipandlaugh
03-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Well :woohoo: Justa!! Welcome to you! :D Yay!!!!

Change4 (Donna) You got to see the "2" before you left.. Oh I bet you are having a terrific time down here in Florida ! (the weather is awesome!!!) and you can relax too....

Niki! oh I bet you will see the 2 teens - like tomorrow! if not today! Open that door for us all!

jodoto! WOW look at you 30 LBS OFF! That is AWESOME!!! and flying down those 20's now... hhmmm I hope your magic works and spreads to us all! :)

Walrus.. you and I are right around the same weight.. and Yes MARCH will be the march to 220's! (PS I haved watched you come from the upper threads and you are doing SO well on your journey!!!)

Olivia... WOW your juicing and what it is doing for you is amazing :) You are a story to watch and an inspiration to read. I thank you for your posts!

I know that we have about 20 people in this thread... some post and some come around everyonce in awhile.. But it is so inspiring to see how you all are doing on this journey of yours!

I am back down to my low - 233.0 on the button (had hoped for 232+ as I was that weight after my walk yesterday - but that will show up on the scale REALLY soon).. Just getting itchy now to get to 100 lbs off... I want it by my Birthday if not before. My blinders are on (Bad things in my life and around me BETTER NOT SHOW UP for awhile.. I believe they won't) and I am losing 13+ lbs.. I am I am I am I am.........

thewalrus0
03-02-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm so excited for Spring Break!

I've spent too much time around 235, it's time to lose a couple pounds!

wannaskipandlaugh
03-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Did a whole bunch of stuff outside (still more to do) and enjoyed my walks (3.8 and 3.1 miles Sat and Sun) For a change I also did not eat hidden chocolates either (WooHoo in my book) soooooooooooooooo I am getting closer to the 220'S oh yes I am!!!! :D Down to 232.6 this morning. Oh gosh...maybe, pretty please 231 by the end of the week? :D I am thinking!

Have a great Monday all! Stay warm and safe if you live in the snow and Ice areas.. I am sending warm thoughts your way!

IonMoon
03-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Was stuck again- at 235 for *7* days. Was starting to get frustrated and discouraged, even though I knew if I keep steady, the scale will move and it isn't all about the numbers...

Last night I was exhausted, too, so didn't work out at all...

But today I woke two pounds down. :) WHICH puts me to 20 lbs total :carrot:

So on my day off (Wednesday) I am going to buy 10 pounds of groceries to drop off at the local food pantry.

And my jeans are much bigger- almost too big :)

Welcome justaloozer!

Congrats to everyone for their progress :)

Angie
03-03-2014, 12:40 PM
236.0 today...down 1.2...hmmm...this sticking to my plan idea might just work, revolutionary!

jodoto
03-03-2014, 05:08 PM
225 today!!!! Yay me! 3/4 of the way through this thread...not that I don't love you guys, I just want to get to the next thread....and take all of you guys with me!!!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
03-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Hello to all you lovely lovely and commitment people! :) Well I am back up Boo to 234.6... Shoot..4 days ago I would have jumped up and down for that number! Funny how you don't want to see a higher number than what you had the day before. I have to laugh at myself. Got my Tuesday journey in front of me for today! and Today I am going to stay on plan and be happy! Just today... Not gonna worry about tomorrow... Its not here yet.

Hugs to all!

MarliQQ
03-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi Ladies :hug:

Today is my official weigh-in day, and despite having about 5 days as "rest days" and going over on cals, I had maintained my weight as of yesterday. And today I discovered that I actually lost about a pound. I weighed in at 218.8 :D.

So, I am going to move on. Happy to be moving, but sad too, because this thread is super active and encouraging. So I probably will end up lurking on here, reading up on you guys, just to see how you guys are doing. It really does seem that a lot of your are free falling down these decades anyways. So hurry up :running:.

Good luck guys, don't give up ;).

justaloozer
03-04-2014, 01:13 PM
237.2 today! :cheer:

Congrats Marli!!!

Wanna I also hate seeing the number go up, even if it is a fraction of a pound!

Mara
03-04-2014, 01:35 PM
I am still here. But not weighing for another week. I am dealing with lots of work stress (down three people in a six person dept.) and changes with birth control. Sigh, I am struggling to keep on track and have not been as active on here as I should.

And the ice storm yesterday made me have to work from home and I realized it made me snackier. Weird...

You guys are doing great! Congrats Marli!!! :)

Angie
03-04-2014, 02:08 PM
235.6 for me today...hoping to be on to the 220's by the end of March (if not sooner, of course!)

nikitanix
03-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Congrats Marli!!

I've peeked at the 2-teens!!! I'm gonna stay here for this week now as I don't know what the scale will say next week...

I'm was taking phentermine for three months but I'm off it now for a month....eeeek!! I went it alone over the weekend and was so scared of eating too much I think I went the other way. My hunger is ok but I feel a little less energetic, but I do have a cold so it may be that too. Well, the moment of truth today when I weighed in (yesterday I ate breakfast early and didn't weigh before so I wanted to save it for today on an empty stomach)...I still lost 1.2lbs from last week!! I was on phentermine part of that time but I'm happy that I didn't undo any of my good work over the weekend. I ordered my friends to be good and they were, it was salads all round at lunch on Saturday!! Love the support I get from my ladies!! And gym later, no slacking for me this month uh uh, no sir!!

jodoto
03-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Marli...Congratulations!!! I will be joining you soon on the next thread....and I am bringing as many of our 220s peeps with me as I can!
I was 224 this morning!!!! Slow but steady!!!! I am hoping to be at 219 by next week! We'll see!

Nagazim
03-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Hi ladies! I finally have a computer so no more excuses for not being active on here. I do so much better when I can jump on 3fc during a craving. Hopefully I'll see the end of the scale going the wrong way. I'll try to catch up more tomorrow. Have a good Hump Day everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
03-05-2014, 07:45 AM
MarliQQ Hooray for you! :) Oh so happy to see you reach the next goal(thread) :D
and NIKI... I know you are just a scooch fearful.. but know even without Phen... you are going kill it! You just know you can and I can't wait to see you YELL ONDERLAND Reached! :)
Nagazim.. ohhhh your baby is getting closer to be introduced to this world! It is so good to see you
Mara... I was wondering how you were doing. I am sorry you are under so much stress (I am in the same boat with a B*tch reading everything I do and what.. I have done this job for 33 years - really??!!! ) You can only do what you can do. But remember.. YOU ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to YOURSELF! remember!
jodoto- are you kidding.. WOW you really are flying down :) Congrats on the lower number
Justa.. I am so glad to see the number going down for you too... you have almost caught me! :)

Angie.. YEP you will be in the 220's this month ME TOO! LOL

At 233.2 lost .2 of the water gained.. and I was bad last night and had a Reese's cup to satisfy my anger and frustration (need to find a low carb treat - oh yeah.. like maybe the strawberries that I have in the fridge). There is this girl in my office who decided to disect my closing file and (I have done RE closings for 33 years) and kept asking me.. did I do this (UH YES and I wrote that I did) Did you do this? UH YES see there is the statement, Why did you write this? Because and then she got all huffy and brought in the other girl and said that I was not being cooperative and was not agreeing with her and just not down on the floor kissing her toes in suplication as I had finally had HAD it. 6 girl office.. looking for a new job.. SIGH..

Mara
03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Way to Niki, Jodoto, Angie, and Sue! Keep the loses rolling, and maybe pass them along. ;)

Nagazim I am also better when I am more active on here. You ladies are a great source of support and motivation.

Sue I am sorry you are having to deal with that. :( I hope your job search goes well and you get something better. I am training the new girl and she is catching on. Hopefully the stressful work situations will disappear.

Olivia7906
03-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I haven't posted in a few days because I have a nasty stomach virus that hit me a couple days ago. My daughter had it a week ago (my other daughter had it maybe a month ago), so I'm guessing it got passed on to me. I've had to stay close to a bathroom and I've just been lying in bed mostly. I haven't eaten really anything because it just runs right through me. Ugh. Hopefully I'll be recovering soon and able to start getting back on the scale and back on plan.

Hope everyone is doing well!! ;)

Nagazim
03-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Sue - Geez that bites. Sounds like she was just trying to be controversial and since you didn't bite, she brought in even more drama. So sorry :( You did better than I since I probably would have showed my emotions loud and clear. I hope today gets better.

Olivia - I hope you feel better soon. Stomach bugs are the worst!

So today is detox day 1... again. I'm hoping to lose the 10 lbs of water/crap this week. It usually happens that way. As soon as I quit eating low carb, the weight clings to me then once I begin again it drains off. Here's to hoping.

Jenny222
03-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Issaknits had some very good info! =) thanks!

Olivia7906
03-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Thanks Nagazim! Last night was no better. Ugh. The nausea is crappy too. And TOM is just a few days away so the PMS is not helping lol. Sigh. This too shall pass lol.

wannaskipandlaugh
03-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Thank you Nagazim for your words... She is a bully... She has done this to others in the office. I was told to keep track of what she says and does to me on the computer.. but doing it on a paper ledger as our boss - attorney likes proof (time date etc) to have as evidence (must be the attorney in him)... so taking care to write everything down now. If I stay...

MARA Thank you for your hug... I hate it when I have drama and I write about it. I like a quiet - leave me alone and let me do my work life at work..Now, I think, I have had my 3 horrid things happen (My Friend dying, my cat (who is still after 3 weeks favoring his paw) and that vet bill from that arrogant SOB and now this at work...) I think I am due for some good times!

Have a great day all! and remember.... DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME starts Sunday morning UGH!

Mara
03-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Sue I hope it gets better. Writing about it is a good outlet. Definitely better than eating. :)

Olivia I hope you are feeling beter today. Being sick and TOM at the same time is just not right.

Nagazim how are you doing with the low carb today?

I am doing okay. Going to be off work a few days next week, so I am going to visit family. I am looking foward to that. :)

nikitanix
03-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Poor you Olivia, being sick and now TOM to contend with, hope you get better soon!!

And sorry to hear about the B***** at your work Sue, she is a bully like you say, trying to make herself feel big by making others feel small - hope it wither sorts out or you get a great new job, I think you deserve some good luck right now!

Mara, hope you have a great time visiting family on your days off - where are you headed?

Good luck with your detox Nagazim!!

Well, I am pleased to announce I have a healthy new addiction to strawberries, I forgot how good they taste!! And to think I always used to eat them with sugar or cream or chocolate or ice cream or all of the above!! I really feel like my tastebuds are changing, in fact, I read somewhere you get new tastebuds every few weeks or something, so it seems the ones I have right now are good healthy ones!!

Nagazim
03-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Olivia - TOM and sickness at the same time just doesn't seem fair :( Hope you're moving towards the up and up now.

Sue - springin' forward is the worst time of year for us. My little family doesn't adjust well. Especially since my husband goes from getting up at 5:30 to technically 4:30 everyday. The first week is a killer.

Mara - I hope you have a great trip!

nikitanix - I LOVE strawberries and so do my kids. We eat at least 2 containers a week!

AFM - Yesterday was an "ok" day for day 1. I did well until about 7 pm dinner and we had BLT and macaroni. NOT low carb at all but it was yummy. Today has went smooth. I was down 1.2 lbs from yesterday even with all the salt last night. I think it'll be a bigger loss tomorrow or the next day if I could just hold strong. I blame my pregnancy a lot and I hate it. This baby isn't truly making me more hungry for bad foods. I just feel entitled to all the bad "since I'm pregnant". I spent about 2 hours this morning scrubbing my house. I'm on a roll :)

jodoto
03-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Good Morning, Peeps! Today I was 223! 3 more pounds and I am sliding into the next thread! Who is coming with me? I hope to be there by Monday!!!! Have a glorious day! It is rainy and cold and I am taking 180 5th graders on an outdoor field trip today! Yay!!!! Jodoto :)

Olivia7906
03-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Thank you everyone for all the well wishes. It's been a rough stomach virus. Yesterday on the news (here in MI), the school that my kids attend had 150 kids not show up for school because of an illness....that's a lot of kids in one day. So the staff thoroughly cleaned the school from top to bottom. My daughter said that some of her classmates were vomiting. Very odd. Viruses seem to be floating around this area. The only thing I've been ingesting is tea and I have not been hungry at all. No appetite whatsoever. It's the oddest thing.

jodoto - Wow! You are flying through the 220's!!! That's so awesome!! Hey wait for me! Well, no, don't lol. I'll just have to try and catch you when I'm feeling better lol.

Keep up the good work everyone! Happy Friday! :)

Mara
03-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys. I am heading to East TN, not too far of a drive, but I ddon't get to go visit often due to work and such. I am very excited,

I hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!

JennyT
03-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Late check in, weighed in on Tues - down a pound from the week prior. We are doing some home renos so no cooking on the weekend, pizza ordered by hubby will be the death of me. Didn't over indulge too much but man I felt bloated and gross after. Had a salad roll instead of Chinese with the family the next day. Wore a pair of jeans that I haven't worn since last June - pretty stoked about that :)

justaloozer
03-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Week one down of my Whole30 detox! So far I have lost 5lbs, but my official weigh in is tomorrow. I'm down 80lbs so I changed my avatar! :)

Have fun visiting family Mara!

WTG on the jeans Jenny!

Olivia & wanna :hug:

Jodoto WTG!! You'll be outta here in no time!

Nagazim I didn't even notice your ticker! Congrats on your pregnancy! Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl?

I am secretly hoping to hit 100lbs lost by May 13. That is my one year "fitaversary". I have 20lbs to go in 9 1/2 weeks. I won't be super devastated if I don't hit it, but I will be bummed. I have to lost just over 2lbs a week. I hope that if I stay eating clean and continue exercising, I can make it happen!

IonMoon
03-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Niki- isn't it awesome when that happens? You can enjoy healthy food as much as something not so healthy?

What has surprised me is that grapefruit doesn't taste so bitter to me- it even tastes a little sweet! I do still eat a sugary treat every evening- but I guess I cut down on sweets more than I realized...

Anyhow- I am down to 232 :)

Every ten pounds I lose (233 was 20), I am going to drop off a 10 lb box of food to the local food bank. It really hits home when you see a big box full of food what "10 lbs" signifies. And when you carry that weight and you realize- I was carrying that everywhere I went! 80 more donations to go ;)

Olivia7906
03-09-2014, 08:44 AM
I think I'm feeling well enough to start getting back into the groove. Over the past 5 days, I couldn't consume barely anything. It ran right through me. It was just horrible. I lost 7 pounds while sick so I'm at 214.50 but TRUST ME, I'm not shouting over the rooftops happy AT ALL. I could have kept those pounds for all I went through and would have been much happier. Gonna slowly get back into the groove and see how much of the loss sticks. If it sticks after 7 days and I'm still under 220, I guess I'll move on to the next thread. I'm just glad to be feeling semi-normal again.

justaloozer
03-09-2014, 08:45 AM
It is amazing to see what 10 lbs feels like to carry in your hand! That is an awesome thing to do Ion!

I am down to 235.2 today. :) The 230s are flying by!

jodoto
03-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Moon...what a great idea! Perfect in so many ways!

Olivia....What a way to go, but WOW! You are my competition and motivator...WEIGHT FOR ME!!!! ha ha...You go on to that next thread, and tell them that I am coming!!!

I was 222 this morning! Lots of eating out this weekend.... I was good, but would have consumed less calories if we had not eaten out so much!

Nagazim
03-10-2014, 01:54 PM
I have seriously sucked at sticking to plan. I have to do something or I'll end this pregnancy at 275 again! Why is this being so hard?!

jodoto
03-10-2014, 06:34 PM
So, I teach 5th grade. One of my students, named Roxy, weighs 45 pounds. I have been sharing my WL journey with my students and we have the number 34 currently on the board, because that is what I have lost. We are having a little countdown competition going where we are counting down to the point where I will have lost 45 pounds and I can then say, I have lost Roxy! The kids ask daily, and it has kept me motivated! Just tryin' to make the journey fun! Have a great day....see ya lighter! Jodoto

Olivia7906
03-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Jodoto - ha ha!! Okay I'll go over there and tell them you're coming, but hurry up before I'm gone from there too! LOL!

If I end up gaining all those 7 lbs back I'd be very surprised so I'm gonna move on down. Good luck ladies and I'll see you down the line! :)

justaloozer
03-11-2014, 11:19 AM
235 today! :) Af is here, so I am retaining water.