S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

^^ YAY! That's awesome
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #32  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Thanks llilth!!!!! Also congratulations on your weight loss!!! (which I completely forgot to mention in my last post...sorry )
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsakids View Post
We live over an hour from the nearest Mall and 40 minutes away from the closest Walmart! I'm going to lay in some Walk away the pounds dvds and walk whenever I can outside. It shouldn't start snowing till at least mid November. Last year we were pretty much snow free till after Christmas. There is a lady close by who also walks. Her husband plows a trail in their woods and she puts on these cleat thingies you can buy at the sporting good store, she manages her walk outside for most of the winter.
On the plus side, trudging through snow is AWESOME cardio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWicky View Post
The NSV is that I am not shaped like a giant round orb. I am obviously still obese, but there is a suggestion of an indentation at the waist. I'm starting to be shaped like a normal woman!! If you are also an apple shape, you know what a glorious feeling that is, lol.
Apple to apple, let me congratulate you on your newfound waistline! It's a beautiful new world when you no longer have to choose pants based on whether you'd rather have the legs be too big or the waistband too small.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi all

Lotsakids, we have snow here too for about 5 months a year. I love walking along the ploughed paths, and have used poles (nordic walking). I have always been worried about falling, so wonder how it will be this year now I am lighter and I think my balance has improved. Trudging through unploughed snow is however really hard work, but maybe I should do that too for cardio!

I hate the icy period though, when everywhere is slippery. I have studded boots to try to help with that.

This year I am really looking forward to having clothes that I can fit into and maybe I'll be warm enough to go out! I still cannot quite get my head around the fact I can buy clothes from ordinary shops now! Last year's winter coat was ordered online, the biggest I could find. And I still had to breathe in to zip it up. I guess I'm not such an apple! And I am working hard to not become a pear.....
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Hey everyone!!!! I'm near here, fresh down today from the 220s and 230s thread - I was 219.6 on Monday and found myself at 218.5 today after catching up on my workouts big time the last few days and to reward myself I've decided to join y'all as I feel safely enough into my 2-teens to hop aboard the journey to wonderful onderland! I might be here til christmas so I'd better make myself comfortable!

Hello to familiar names TooWicky, PreciousMissy, Llilith, HelloNurse and Crazycatwoman and a big hello and pleased to meet you to all the others!

To those of you who don't know me, I'm Jenny from Texas, 43, married with 3 kids aged 3, 5, and 7, and I'm a stay at home mom. I started my weight loss journey on July 1st with phentermine and then added the supplement phen caps, taking the two together for 3 months. Now I'm just taking the supplement and I'm doing great!!

I don't know whether it's the pills or just everything feeling right now, but for the first time in my life I'm exercising and feel healthier than ever. I also realized today that this is the lowest weight I've been in close to 15 years!

I also had a NSV this morning when I could do up my bra on the second hook in - the cups are still pretty full so I don't think I've lost weight in any important places, just around my back - phew!

I went through the earlier posts to catch up as much as I could and wanted to say well done to TooWicky for exercising! And well done on the new job PreciousMissy!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by jennybutler357; 10-17-2013 at 10:26 AM.
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #36  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

goodness, 209 this morning. WHOOO
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

206.6 this morning!! Making some progress!
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #38  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Howdy Jenny! Nice to see you here!

wishfuiiy, and girliejayhawk, way to go!

216 today!

I was hoping my mini-whoosh would continue, but if this is where I am to stay for a while then so be it...it's better than where I started...240 hehe! Nothing much to report today.

Have a wonderful day all!

Last edited by PreciousMissy; 10-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #39  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

((jennybutler357)) Great to see you here Fantastic job on your weight loss. We are slowly but surely doing it

Also, hello GirlieJayHawk, and congratz on your weigh-in!

Llilith, amg, lolol with the "luge," I mean, could you have picked a more suspect activity name. I'm cracking up! Also wanted to give you a shout out about the slower weight loss. I am *definitely* having to fight for every pound now, it feels like. 2 lbs loss per week feels like a great week, and 1 ½ lbs feels like a good week these days.

PreciousMissy, so happy to hear you have reached your 10% mini goal. Percent of weight loss is not something I ever computed for myself and you've got me curious now.

Wishfuiiy, yay for hitting 209 Also, off topic, but I wanted to say I really admire your makeup application in your profile pic, etc., lol. I love artfully applied makeup! It's very flattering on you.

Things I am proud of this week:
*I worked out 3 days in a row so far; I'm feeling great!
*I've stayed within my daily calories every day

Things I'm not so proud of:
*I have gone bonkers on the Diet Coke consumption
*I made some less than ideal meal choices i.e. two servings of baked chips and salsa for a meal because I was craving it -.-
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #40  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

It's always so nice to see a big whoosh push through this thread, so let's keep losing ladies. Cause when we whoosh, or lose, it's weird but we all do. CONGRATS ON THOSE LOSSES OR GOALS!

Thank you, TooWicky. I always have loved make-up and feel I keep mine rather simple so it's nice to hear from someone else they love it. And PS, you've not only lost 10%, you've actually lost 20% of your body fat. xD
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #41  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

First post in this thread...219.5 this morning!
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

[QUOTE=CrazyCatWoman;4864248]Hi all

Lotsakids, we have snow here too for about 5 months a year. I love walking along the ploughed paths, and have used poles (nordic walking). I have always been worried about falling, so wonder how it will be this year now I am lighter and I think my balance has improved. Trudging through unploughed snow is however really hard work, but maybe I should do that too for cardio!

I hate the icy period though, when everywhere is slippery. I have studded boots to try to help with that. QUOTE]

I may have to try the outside walking in the snow. Moved here from Southern California - my body still rebels at the cold!! I think I might even have some of those nordic poles somewhere... Today is sunny though so I must gets meself movin' outside.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #43  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

onagain1!!!

I wanted to check in to see how everyone's weekend is going. I saw a new low on the scale this morning - 216 lbs, yay! My official weekly weigh-in day is Monday, tomorrow, so that number may change. Lately I have been struggling with a lot of hunger and eating right up to my max daily calories (1400,) but yesterday and the day before my hunger levels went back down to normal so I went back to a more average calorie consumption. I took 2 days off from working out because I had a sinus issue with stuffed up ears and it was so disconcerting and uncomfortable I could not deal, lol. Today, though, I'm all better, so I will get on the recumbent bike later today. I missed my new little fitness routine, which shocks me!

I'm not an outdoorsy person and by outdoorsy I mean generally just going outside during the daytime, lol. I'm not a fan of the sun (I'm a <former, now dyed> redhead and I sizzle when it's sunny out.) I would straight up rather be inside or at the most be on a patio >< However, it's getting cooler and cloudier here on a lot of days. I found out that the path in the park where I live is 1.2 miles. I was thinking maybe my daughter and I could enjoy a brisk walk together and then feed the ducks when we are done. I would like to know from you casual walkers if you carry those hand weights I see some ladies use. Any advice appreciated for a beginning and out-of-shape walker.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #44  

S/C/G: S/C/G 250/206/140ish

Height: 5'3"

New thread, I see. I'm starting to make an effort again to get out of this group. (Nothing personal...I wish y'all the same.) I went to the gym today for the first time in a while and was about to do about 20 minutes of running, so that was good.

I also got the results of a latest blood test. Last year in December my doctor diagnosed me as pre-diabetic. My dad was type II diabetic and my brother is so that concerned me. As of a test a week ago, from both the fasting blood test and the A1C I'm no longer pre-diabetic. Reality of genetics is that getting type II might not be something that I can fully prevent...but I do want to stave it off as long as possible.
bSpring3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #45  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Jenny - YAY, good to see you!! I can totally relate to what you said about everything feeling just right for weight loss now. All the other times I've tried never felt like this! Go us!!

wishfuiiy - congrats on 209! You have come so far - I'm still inspired by your loss!

onagain1 - welcome!

TooWicky - yay for a new low!! the slower loss is tough, but we just have to keep on keeping on. Step up that luge LOL j/k.
I haven't used the hand weights, but it seems like they would make a walk more effective.

This weekend, I had a tough time with food. Hubby and I went out for a very nice dinner for our anniversary on Saturday, and Friday I was just plain off plan for a bit in the evening. We've been having a stressful time here - my hubby and I can't agree on how to raise his teen stepson, and how to make it so his mother doesn't permit things that are completely inappropriate for his age. Things like: staying out til 2am with his 18 yo girlfriend and spending the entire weekend at her Dads house with her. You can say there will be all the supervision in the world, but hmmm teenage boys are a hormone fest - and she's an adult. The whole situation has me tense and on edge, cause I can't impact it - I have tried til it makes me crazy. He comes home from the weekend at GF's house that my hubby and I said no to - with a HUGE hickey right on the front of his neck. I see that as the girlfriend pretty much flipping us off - she's very controlling and unstable. It's insane really.

And then, on Thursday I went to look for a new dress for our date this weekend. Sad day - nothing fit or looked good. And there weren't even any plus sized dresses to make myself feel better haha. I ended up wearing something in my closet that was a little big - it looked ok, but I was discouraged. So, I ended up over by about 250 calories on Fri and Sat - reeled it back in on Sunday though.

Now for the good part - I was stunned to find that I lost almost three pounds after my excesses. Weird - maybe my system just really needed some extra calories to shake things up. I saw 210!!! I hope it's still here on my official weigh day Wednesday. :-)

I hope you all have a good week! Kudos to all of us who are working so hard to get healthy. We are quite incredible, aren't we?!

Last edited by Llilith; 10-21-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote