Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/10/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/10/2013

lisa32989
10-10-2013, 06:35 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

vachinyc
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Good morning. Happy Thursday. It's raining here and I am so not looking forward to traffic. Getting home last night took forever. On the other hand, we need the rain and I love Fall.

Someone asked the other night, after I said how much I liked my dinner, how to make it. I tried to find which thread I pulled it from so I could post a link...had no luck.
So here it is. I'd give credit if I could...it is from an IP board somewhere :dizzy:

PEANUT BUTTER STIR FRY
• 1 teaspoons cornstarch OPTIONAL (adds 10 calories and 2 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 fat, 0 protein)
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• 2 TBSP walden farms peanut butter
• 1 tablespoons braggs amino acid or soy sauce
• dash ground ginger
• dash salt & pepper
• 1- 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
• 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
• 1/4 cup chopped vidalia onion
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet orange peppers
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red peppers
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth, will be a little lumpy....but will get smooth in the pan; set aside.
In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1and1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes until soft but not caramelized. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.

I changed up veggies a little - used peppers, mushrooms, and cabbage. Cabbage feels a little like noodles.

Enjoy.

kcdoe
10-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Good morning, Lisa I spent this morning reading through the wealth of information you post every morning. Wow wish I would have done that a lot sooner!!! Thank you for your persistence and help on this site ;)

I've been doing great on IP averaging 3.6 lbs to 4lbs a week. My coach says I'm her poster child ;) on week 9 down 38.6 lbs. funny how I give my weight including the point something everytime now lol this week had that stomach bug and lost 5.2 in one week not a good loss got worried about health and hydration ;) being sick. All better.

Love this site and enjoy reading and following a lot of your posts everyday. Decided today to join in a bit. Not doing all my usual cooking this week recovering from being sick and feeling a bit blah ;( but happy Wednesday all thank you for the support you give me everyday with your sharing!! ;)

Princess Peacock
10-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Hooray for the moved "turtle ticker" Lisa!

I just got off work and need to go to sleep. BUT I am also almost out of veggies, so I really should go to the store. When supplies are low is when temptation rears its ugly head. So, I may as well have one more cup of coffee and drive to the produce store as soon as the kiddos leave for school. I will probably rest easier that way anyhow, knowing there are fresh cukes in fridge! LOL

lisa32989
10-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Yum
Xanthan gum can be used instead of cornstarch for a thickener

Can you put it in the recipe thread so it can be re-found again?

vachinyc
10-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Yum
Xanthan gum can be used instead of cornstarch for a thickener

Can you put it in the recipe thread so it can be re-found again?

Done. It is in thread 4 from your link above. :)

lilkel244
10-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone! I am back, I was on IP from Aug 19 to Sept 17th when I was hospitalized and had surgery and had to go off of IP. I am now going back on, it has been much harder to get back into it the second time, the upside is the three weeks I was off I did not gain any wait, can't say I lost any, but did not gain!

shrinkingsusie
10-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Good morning IPers!

Week 13 and down another 2.4 lbs! I am now exactly 10.1 lbs away from Onderland, and 60 lbs away from goal!! No bite or taste of anything would bring me the same satisfaction I am feeling right now!

Hope everyone has a great OP day! :)

nolasmurf
10-10-2013, 08:49 AM
It's weigh in day and Aunt Flo showed up. :( hopefully I still show a loss. My PMS hasn't been that bad but I am feeling a little bloated. Today I'm going to tell my coach that I'm switching to the alternatives. I just can't keep up the cost of the program. $85 a week has drained the **** out of my pocket. I'm sure it's not going to go very well!

shrinkingsusie
10-10-2013, 08:51 AM
It's weigh in day and Aunt Flo showed up. :( hopefully I still show a loss. My PMS hasn't been that bad but I am feeling a little bloated. Today I'm going to tell my coach that I'm switching to the alternatives. I just can't keep up the cost of the program. $85 a week has drained the **** out of my pocket. I'm sure it's not going to go very well!

Good luck on both the weigh in and the "break-up."

I can do anything
10-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Good morning. I hope everyone is having a great OP day.

Not much going on in my world, but thought I would say Hi.
:flow1:

PurpleMomster
10-10-2013, 09:07 AM
PEANUT BUTTER STIR FRY

Thanks for this recipe - I am making this for supper tonight, yum!!!!

Good morning IPers!

Week 13 and down another 2.4 lbs! I am now exactly 10.1 lbs away from Onderland, and 60 lbs away from goal!! No bite or taste of anything would bring me the same satisfaction I am feeling right now!

Woohoo, WTG!! :carrot::carrot:

Good luck with your WI and the break up - hope both go well!

Happy Thursday! Only a half day at work today for me - my son has a right after school volleyball tournament at another school, that his school isn't providing transportation for, thanks <sigh>. So, I decided to take the afternoon to pick up a few more things at Costco for Thanksgiving this weekend and maybe clean up a few things in the yard.

I think the TOM bloat disappeared - I stepped on the scale last night (yes, I know, I shouldn't but I just *felt* different) and a definite drop happened so I can't wait to WI next week. Wait, did I actually just say that? :D

Have a great day everyone!

Jo

nalaroo
10-10-2013, 09:07 AM
LISA!!!! Did your slug just move 2lbs???

Way to go!

dak1lls
10-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone!

Feeling pretty good today. TMJ pain is still giving me fits, but I am keeping it under control with anti inflammatory meds. Had grilled hamburgers last night with sauteed mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. I used grapeseed oil and added chicken stock repeatedly to keep them from browning. The result was a delicious tender pile of veggies to put on our burgers, I guess it was my own version of philly steak burger!

Sonolady, just wanted to say "good morning sunshine"! Thanks for the nice words last night.

Sunshine and 70 today. After our early winter storm last Friday it has been a beautiful Fall week!

ems70508
10-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Good luck on both the weigh in and the "break-up."

"break-up"...love it! I've been contemplating alternatives. I'm not 100% confident in it yet BUT there's enough info on this site for me to dig through and make the decision. Yall have a great day!

shrinkingsusie
10-10-2013, 09:14 AM
So, this weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada... Will be making a stuffed chicken with all the fixings for my husband and sister...

I will still be ok to eat the chicken even though it has been stuffed, right? Probably a silly question, but just curious. I would only be eating the breast meat. I have cubed turnip in the freezer as well, so I am going to make myself mashed turnip and broccoli.

shrinkingsusie
10-10-2013, 09:16 AM
"break-up"...love it! I've been contemplating alternatives. I'm not 100% confident in it yet BUT there's enough info on this site for me to dig through and make the decision. Yall have a great day!

I am strictly using alternatives this time around. I think if you add a few in here and there you will feel more confident in using them. And you are right, tonnes of info on them here!

shrinkingsusie
10-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Good morning everyone!

Feeling pretty good today. TMJ pain is still giving me fits, but I am keeping it under control with anti inflammatory meds.

If it is tight muscles in your jaw causing the pain, put the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and press it up there as hard as you can for 30-45 Mississippi's. About 20 seconds in it should get harder to do because of fatigue. It forces your jaw muscles to tire and relax.

PrettyMom09
10-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Today is my fifth month anniversary on IP, and I have managed to slowly but surely lose 50 pounds during this time. My progress is a lot slower than most people on IP, but this is the first time in my life that I've ever been able to lose 50 pounds in 5 months, so I'm celebrating by staying 100% OP!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

shrinkingsusie
10-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Today is my fifth month anniversary on IP, and I have managed to slowly but surely lose 50 pounds during this time. My progress is a lot slower than most people on IP, but this is the first time in my life that I've ever been able to lose 50 pounds in 5 months, so I'm celebrating by staying 100% OP!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Way to go!!

nolasmurf
10-10-2013, 09:27 AM

You are doing a Fabulous job! 10lbs a month is awesome! Congrats

dak1lls
10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
If it is tight muscles in your jaw causing the pain, put the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and press it up there as hard as you can for 30-45 Mississippi's. About 20 seconds in it should get harder to do because of fatigue. It forces your jaw muscles to tire and relax.

Thank you so much for the tip. It is from two dental appointments in two weeks. I am wearing my bite splint and trying to eat softer foods, for the most part. No raw veggies this week for sure.

sandralosingweight
10-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Good morning everybody,

Hope all of you are doing well.

Reading about the Xanthan gum used as a thickener, I would like to tell everyone who is using alternatives that I used Xanthan gum and guar gum to turn any protein powder into a pudding, this way I have much variety of having pudding instead of just a shake and I find it tastes better this way and I like the fact that I eat the pudding vs drinking my meal.

What I do is I add a little bit (about 1/8 of tsp) of both xanthan and guar gum to the scoop of protein, and I prepare this exactly like I prepare the more expensive packaged protein puddings I used to buy from IP or Nashua, just mix with some water and I get this kind of elasticy mixture (which I don't mind) of a pudding.

I find that preparing my pudding this way saves me tons of money, it's been a while that I did not buy package protein, I still have some pudding and some soups, but my aim is not to buy any more packaged stuff.

My next goal is to create my own soup mixes made with unflavored protein. If it will be a success, I will post about it.

Have a good day everyone.

ems70508
10-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Forgot to mention this earlier when I posted....My clinic had non-restricted garlic and herb chips when I weighed in this AM! Hope they're available to all of you!

and PrettyMom09...that is such a great accomplishment, congrats!

Misstiff
10-10-2013, 09:52 AM

Awesome job!!! :carrot: happy dance happy dance

AliExpat
10-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!!!

I had and NSV this morning!!! I felt great walking the dog this morning and I had a bit of a spring in my step. So I tried on a pair of heels that I bought and never wore because the weight made my joints and feet hurt in heels. And I feel AWESOME in them. I feel stable walking which is a nice change because I would wobble if I wore heels before IP. Once I get back from vacation I'm going to go shopping in my closet and try on all my shoes I bought but never wore, lol.

Make it a good day Lovelies!!!

shrinkingsusie
10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!!!

I had and NSV this morning!!! I felt great walking the dog this morning and I had a bit of a spring in my step. So I tried on a pair of heels that I bought and never wore because the weight made my joints and feet hurt in heels. And I feel AWESOME in them. I feel stable walking which is a nice change because I would wobble if I wore heels before IP. Once I get back from vacation I'm going to go shopping in my closet and try on all my shoes I bought but never wore, lol.

Make it a good day Lovelies!!!

It's a great feeling to be able to shop in your own closet picking out things you were unable to wear before!!

AliExpat
10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
So, this weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada... Will be making a stuffed chicken with all the fixings for my husband and sister...

I will still be ok to eat the chicken even though it has been stuffed, right? Probably a silly question, but just curious. I would only be eating the breast meat. I have cubed turnip in the freezer as well, so I am going to make myself mashed turnip and broccoli.

Hey Susie!!! I'll be in Canada celebrating my first Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend too!!! It should be interesting since I don't know what kind of foods my SIL makes for the holidays. Plus it's the first time I'm meeting DH's siblings and their families so I don't want to offend. We're going to be there all day so I'll just have to keep my IP foods handy and hope there is at least some salad, lol!!!!

AliExpat
10-10-2013, 10:18 AM

Congrats!!! That's great! Progress is progress (the turtle reaches the finish line eventually). Well done!!

saskgirl
10-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Good morning IPers!

I am right on your heels susie so if you need a push to the onederland line let me know!!

10lbs and month is awesome! - and the magical 50 number is pretty awesome too :)
for some reason I always think of 10lb bags of potatoes - next week when I hit 40lbs I may just go to the grocery store and haul 4 of those bad boys around for a while to remind me!

Forgot to mention this earlier when I posted....My clinic had non-restricted garlic and herb chips when I weighed in this AM! Hope they're available to all of you!

and PrettyMom09...that is such a great accomplishment, congrats!

they are so good! - looking forward to having them for lunch this week with the mockamole

GettinHealthyNow
10-10-2013, 10:41 AM
So last night around 9 pm I was suddenly feeling ravenous. First time in the over four weeks I've been on the program. Gave me a sinking feeling that maybe this wasn't going to be as easy for the long haul as it's been so far. Then I woke up and remembered I hadn't had my restricted snack for the day, which I normally eat around 8 pm. Within 5 minutes I felt such a difference! Hunger gone, energy restored - it was really quite an amazing feeling. Made me realize I never truly let myself get hungry before in my "old" life and that food IS fuel. Great revelation.

Kathy

clbott
10-10-2013, 11:07 AM

Did anyone read this and NOT try it? I couldn't not try it, and I (thankfully!) don't even have jaw pain! I hope it works for those that do!

JaneDeaux
10-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Did anyone read this and NOT try it? I couldn't not try it, and I (thankfully!) don't even have jaw pain! I hope it works for those that do!

I'm also thinking that that might also be a great exercise to firm up the chin line! Thanks!

shrinkingsusie
10-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey Susie!!! I'll be in Canada celebrating my first Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend too!!! It should be interesting since I don't know what kind of foods my SIL makes for the holidays. Plus it's the first time I'm meeting DH's siblings and their families so I don't want to offend. We're going to be there all day so I'll just have to keep my IP foods handy and hope there is at least some salad, lol!!!!

We usually do chicken rather than turkey because my dad always found turkey too dry, but most do turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, veggies, dinner rolls, gravy and pumpkin pie. :) Hope you enjoy yourself and your visit!

I am right on your heels susie so if you need a push to the onederland line let me know!!

Thanks! You are right above me on the Halloween challenge sheet and I always check since we are so close to one another! Makes me smile! :p

Haha! I have suffered with TMJ since I was 15 and I learned that trick while studying Massage Therapy. :)

lisa32989
10-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Today I'm going to tell my coach that I'm switching to the alternatives. I just can't keep up the cost of the program. $85 a week has drained the **** out of my pocket. I'm sure it's not going to go very well!
It is YOUR money, my dear. If you feel ready to go it "alone" & feel armed with all the info (or if your coach is one of "those" who isn't that helpful) you don't owe him any explanation. Just cancel your next appt and move on!

LISA!!!! Did your slug just move 2lbs???
Yup. 2.5. The scale finally caught up (or caught on) to the fact that I'm down another size.
Thanks for noticing :)

Today is my fifth month anniversary on IP, and I have managed to slowly but surely lose 50 pounds during this time. My progress is a lot slower than most people on IP, but this is the first time in my life that I've ever been able to lose 50 pounds in 5 months, so I'm celebrating by staying 100% OP!!
I've celebrated a LOT of special days by purposely staying 100% when everyone around me encouraged a different route.
Just remember, slow and steady won the race between the tortiose and the hare.

Reading about the Xanthan gum used as a thickener, I would like to tell everyone who is using alternatives that I used Xanthan gum and guar gum to turn any protein powder into a pudding, this way I have much variety of having pudding instead of just a shake and I find it tastes better this way and I like the fact that I eat the pudding vs drinking my meal.

What I do is I add a little bit (about 1/8 of tsp) of both xanthan and guar gum to the scoop of protein, and I prepare this exactly like I prepare the more expensive packaged protein puddings I used to buy from IP or Nashua, just mix with some water and I get this kind of elasticy mixture (which I don't mind) of a pudding.

I find that preparing my pudding this way saves me tons of money, it's been a while that I did not buy package protein, I still have some pudding and some soups, but my aim is not to buy any more packaged stuff.

My next goal is to create my own soup mixes made with unflavored protein. If it will be a success, I will post about it.

I make my own puddings, too!

No need to reinvent the wheel on the soups. Evepet already cleared the path!
My purpose for reinvention was due to all the soy in the packets (which I gave up in January). I just started making my own soup "packets" a couple of weeks ago using plain syntrax medical.

Evepet's blog is here http://diettalktoday.com/

I have about 8 boxes of non-soy protein IP products left but when they are gone, it will be alts all the way.

cassieleeanne
10-10-2013, 11:55 AM

If your coach truly cares they will understand that most people cannot afford this diet, do what you have to. At least you are not quitting the diet just making different choices on where you purchase the food.

Jojo381972
10-10-2013, 12:02 PM
So last night around 9 pm I was suddenly feeling ravenous. First time in the over four weeks I've been on the program. Gave me a sinking feeling that maybe this wasn't going to be as easy for the long haul as it's been so far. Then I woke up and remembered I hadn't had my restricted snack for the day, which I normally eat around 8 pm. Within 5 minutes I felt such a difference! Hunger gone, energy restored - it was really quite an amazing feeling. Made me realize I never truly let myself get hungry before in my "old" life and that food IS fuel. Great revelation.

Kathy
Oh my Gosh, the same thing happened to me last night too. I was hungry even in the late afternoon, but I hadn't had my bar in the am like I normally had. I had a shake, but then once I had my restricted snack at 8pm,I felt better. Food is fuel and I also realized that before all the mindless eating wasn't even to eat for fuel, it was to eat for whatever other reason. :)

Have a great day ladies!

sarahBell
10-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Good Morning everyone

This week I predict a gain, if there is I will just look past that number and plug away!

If anyone here is a praying /good thoughts person please keep a few good words for my mom and dad, the blood sucker insurance company is trying to jack them royally over all of this :(

I am so angry and upset, you pay a stupid premium and take out the largest amount you can just for something like this!!! The adjuster thinks they can rebuild! If anyone has Face Book you can look up farsideacres that is our friends face book page which is public and you can see all 3 properties and the damage. My parents house is /was the blue house :(

I have been crying off and on all day, I am just worried sick, things were going to good!!! ARGH! And dh did not remember my b-day until I said something late last night. what kraptastic week, more kraptastic for everyone back home. I just need so very positive vibes please :(

:(:(:(

sandralosingweight
10-10-2013, 12:35 PM
It is YOUR money, my dear. If you feel ready to go it "alone" & feel armed with all the info (or if your coach is one of "those" who isn't that helpful) you don't owe him any explanation. Just cancel your next appt and move on!

Yup. 2.5. The scale finally caught up (or caught on) to the fact that I'm down another size.
Thanks for noticing :)

I've celebrated a LOT of special days by purposely staying 100% when everyone around me encouraged a different route.
Just remember, slow and steady won the race between the tortiose and the hare.

I make my own puddings, too!

No need to reinvent the wheel on the soups. Evepet already cleared the path!
My purpose for reinvention was due to all the soy in the packets (which I gave up in January). I just started making my own soup "packets" a couple of weeks ago using plain syntrax medical.

Evepet's blog is here http://diettalktoday.com/

I have about 8 boxes of non-soy protein IP products left but when they are gone, it will be alts all the way.

Thanks Lisa :)

What I am aiming to do is not the vegetable soup itself, but rather a dry mix that would be a substitute to the packaged IP soup, for example I would have to mix some spices & herbs, dried onions, dried mushrooms, etc. until I get a nice flavour to which I will add the unflavored protein powder, this way, I can measure a portion, bring it with me to work, add some water to it and microwave it.

If anybody already came up with a soup mix like this, please let me know.

Thank you everybody.

1LittleStar
10-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Has anyone ever tried making Rainbow's homemade mayonnaise and crab cakes! OMG, so satisfying! I am incredibly full a couple hours later.

I've put the recipe and my review in my blog, if anyone is interested.

I'm also looking for other recipes to review, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

ems70508
10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Has anyone ever tried making Rainbow's homemade mayonnaise and crab cakes! OMG, so satisfying! I am incredibly full a couple hours later.

I'm also looking for other recipes to review, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

I just read through your blog and love how you take the snap shots! I have been wondering what the zucchini muffins look like, etc. I'm going to try some of those recipes. Thank you!

chubbySister
10-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone!

I decided to start IP almost 2 weeks ago. My oldest sister's wedding is the first weekend in November and I figured this would be a good way to kick my diet into gear. A bit about myself: at my heaviest I was about 180, then lost weight through diet and (hard) exercise down to ~138, but over the past 2 years let my weight creep up again. I still work out a lot, but I tend to stuff my face with cookies after....

Anyway, after 1 week on the diet, I went from 162 to about 152. 10 pounds technically, but about 5 of those pounds were vacation bloat. I was super strict, no cheats whatsoever!! Totally proud of myself...and then fell right off my high horse into a bowl of ice cream and other good stuff the day after my weigh in. Damn. But it was one day and this week (#2) I've been back to being good! I just need support! I'm hoping when the cravings hit I can post stuff to help me remember why I'm doing this (3 weeks to a wedding...need to look fabulous).

I CAN do this!!! I've still been working out a lot, just having an extra shake (my coach suggested it since I exercise almost every day pretty hard). She says I can definitely lose the weight by November, so fingers crossed I lose the weight and stay out of the ice cream aisle! Good luck to everyone!

1LittleStar
10-10-2013, 02:46 PM
I just read through your blog and love how you take the snap shots! I have been wondering what the zucchini muffins look like, etc. I'm going to try some of those recipes. Thank you!

Thanks EMS! I just take a few pics with my iPhone. Not professional pics, but very realistic. I'm a very visual person when it comes to food, often will order the items in the menu that are pictured (those days are over!). I also figure that they will be realistic pictures. Sometimes it's frustrating when pictures in cookbooks don't look anything like when I make them. Professional cooks and professional photographers = not something that I can make!

rhondamarie
10-10-2013, 02:46 PM

I am so happy to hear from someone that has been losing slow and steady. I have lost 20 lb in less than 4 months. Right now I feel so frustrated that I haven't lost more, I'm trying not to just give up. I have lost inches but the weight is very slow to leave. One week I gained 1 lb and my coach was not very supportive at all. Told me to do better next week and rushed me out the door. I don't think he is a coach. I have learned more from this sight than him. :(:(

PrettyMom09
10-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I am so happy to hear from someone that has been losing slow and steady. I have lost 20 lb in less than 4 months. Right now I feel so frustrated that I haven't lost more, I'm trying not to just give up. I have lost inches but the weight is very slow to leave. One week I gained 1 lb and my coach was not very supportive at all. Told me to do better next week and rushed me out the door. I don't think he is a coach. I have learned more from this sight than him. :(:(

Hang in there! I've felt like giving up many many times, but when I start thinking about what's most likely to happen if I give up now, the picture is not pretty. It is very hard to be in such a strict diet and not lose weight like everyone else doing the same diet, but at least the overall trend is going down. You can do this! I also gave up on my coach because of the lack of "coaching".:hug:

lisa32989
10-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks Lisa :)

What I am aiming to do is not the vegetable soup itself, but rather a dry mix that would be a substitute to the packaged IP soup, for example I would have to mix some spices & herbs, dried onions, dried mushrooms, etc. until I get a nice flavour to which I will add the unflavored protein powder, this way, I can measure a portion, bring it with me to work, add some water to it and microwave it.

If anybody already came up with a soup mix like this, please let me know.
Oh. I just make a veggie soup & add the syntrax plain protein powder & I take it in a thermos so no additional heating required. I'm not a huge fan of the microwave anyway & some days it just doesn't work in my schedule to have to stop & "make" lunch.

65X65
10-10-2013, 04:00 PM

Rhondamarie,
We are the same height and so I understand the challenges of being smaller than average...we are already at a disadvantage with a lower BMR for losing..and especially maintaining.

Has your thyroid been checked? Also exercise...if you have been OP for 4 months, unless you have some medical challenge that makes exercise a problem...it's probably time to add it if you are not doing something regularly. I've stated before...I don't love it! Don't get the high...but have embraced that both increasing my BMR and the ability to maintain is going to depend heavily on my willingness to burn calories 6 days a week. Resisting that notion...and being stubborn because it's "not fair" (referring to my own mental struggle with this...not necessarily the same as yours...!) ... won't change anything. When it comes to weight loss...for most of us on IP..yes, it matters where our calories come from. When it comes to BMR...thermodynamics comes into play big time for smaller people. I have to heat it up to get on the same level as everyone else for burning fat. :p

Breakofday71
10-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Good Morning everyone

This week I predict a gain, if there is I will just look past that number and plug away!

If anyone here is a praying /good thoughts person please keep a few good words for my mom and dad, the blood sucker insurance company is trying to jack them royally over all of this :(

I am so angry and upset, you pay a stupid premium and take out the largest amount you can just for something like this!!! The adjuster thinks they can rebuild! If anyone has Face Book you can look up farsideacres that is our friends face book page which is public and you can see all 3 properties and the damage. My parents house is /was the blue house :(

I have been crying off and on all day, I am just worried sick, things were going to good!!! ARGH! And dh did not remember my b-day until I said something late last night. what kraptastic week, more kraptastic for everyone back home. I just need so very positive vibes please :(

:hug::hug: I am so sorry that things are not going well for your family atm. I can totally empathize with having a "kraptastic" week as my mom is in the ICU with suspected lung cancer.

Best thoughts and wishes are going out to you and your family. Do your best to stay true to yourself and to your diet program. I have found that it has helped me immensely because I don't have the stress of trying to figure out what to eat, i just have been eating on phase 1 (not my phase 3 as I should be) at least when I remember to eat.

65X65
10-10-2013, 04:28 PM
:hug::hug: I am so sorry that things are not going well for your family atm. I can totally empathize with having a "kraptastic" week as my mom is in the ICU with suspected lung cancer.

Best thoughts and wishes are going out to you and your family. Do your best to stay true to yourself and to your diet program. I have found that it has helped me immensely because I don't have the stress of trying to figure out what to eat, i just have been eating on phase 1 (not my phase 3 as I should be) at least when I remember to eat.

Good Morning everyone

Sending strength, a hug :hug:and good vibes to you both. Having dealt with a lot of bad stuff with my out of area parents this past year...I get it.

If our good wishes are able to help you be strong...you will get lots of strength from everyone here. It's hard to maintain your own equilibrium when those you love are sliding down hill. Just remember...they need you. More than ever. Staying true to yourself will allow you to do and get through whatever needs to happen.

tawanda
10-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Oh. I just make a veggie soup & add the syntrax plain protein powder & I take it in a thermos so no additional heating required. I'm not a huge fan of the microwave anyway & some days it just doesn't work in my schedule to have to stop & "make" lunch.

Thanks Lisa for the info.
And way to go on your recent weight loss.

Redonkulous
10-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Good afternoon IPeeps! Congrats PrettyMom09 on your weight loss! :carrot: And thanks, Ruth Ann and Lisa for your encouraging words to me yesterday. :) Today is my 2nd day on IP, and the cravings for carbs are less PHYSICALLY painful, but they are still very much EMOTIONALLY painful! I've mentioned before in other threads how, when I get stressed out and/or bored, I used to go to the drive-thru for food or a diet coke. Now, I'm learning that I need to do alternative activities that do not revolve around food. Old habits die hard! But, for me at least, these little drive-thru jaunts were just excuses to get out of the house, since I have an 11 month old at home. So we decided to go out, but not to McDs. ;)

Today, we went to the library and played there, then to the mall and played on the indoor playground. My poor child was so exhausted by the time we came home, but I was happy that I filled my time with things that didn't revolve around food. I had a major temptation from CinnaBon (dang those baking smells in the mall!) but I was strong! I keep remembering "The Real Costs of Cheating" and I was motivated to stick with the IP plan!

tawanda
10-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know of an alternative for the IP Crispy Cereal? I love it but I too am concerned about the amount of money I am spending on the IP products. I appreciate anything anyone could share. Thanks

65X65
10-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Good afternoon IPeeps! Congrats PrettyMom09 on your weight loss! :carrot: And thanks, Ruth Ann and Lisa for your encouraging words to me yesterday. :) Today is my 2nd day on IP, and the cravings for carbs are less PHYSICALLY painful, but they are still very much EMOTIONALLY painful! I've mentioned before in other threads how, when I get stressed out and/or bored, I used to go to the drive-thru for food or a diet coke. Now, I'm learning that I need to do alternative activities that do not revolve around food. Old habits die hard! But, for me at least, these little drive-thru jaunts were just excuses to get out of the house, since I have an 11 month old at home. So we decided to go out, but not to McDs. ;)

Today, we went to the library and played there, then to the mall and played on the indoor playground. My poor child was so exhausted by the time we came home, but I was happy that I filled my time with things that didn't revolve around food. I had a major temptation from CinnaBon (dang those baking smells in the mall!) but I was strong! I keep remembering "The Real Costs of Cheating" and I was motivated to stick with the IP plan!

A big Hoo-RAY for you!!

We all fight this one day...(sometimes hour by hour)...and one pound at a time. One is NOT a lonely number on this board. Don't forget it.

kcandponies
10-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know of an alternative for the IP Crispy Cereal? I love it but I too am concerned about the amount of money I am spending on the IP products. I appreciate anything anyone could share. Thanks

I would like to know this too. Also, if anyone knows of similar fruit type ready to drink shakes, like the strawberry/banana and mango drinks.

I might be quitting with my coach, depending on how my weigh in goes tonight, and am worried I won't be able to find alternatives for chocolate pudding, the fruit drinks, and crispy cereal for recipes.

dak1lls
10-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi everyone!

I decided to start IP almost 2 weeks ago. My oldest sister's wedding is the first weekend in November and I figured this would be a good way to kick my diet into gear. A bit about myself: at my heaviest I was about 180, then lost weight through diet and (hard) exercise down to ~138, but over the past 2 years let my weight creep up again. I still work out a lot, but I tend to stuff my face with cookies after....

Anyway, after 1 week on the diet, I went from 162 to about 152. 10 pounds technically, but about 5 of those pounds were vacation bloat. I was super strict, no cheats whatsoever!! Totally proud of myself...and then fell right off my high horse into a bowl of ice cream and other good stuff the day after my weigh in. Damn. But it was one day and this week (#2) I've been back to being good! I just need support! I'm hoping when the cravings hit I can post stuff to help me remember why I'm doing this (3 weeks to a wedding...need to look fabulous).

I CAN do this!!! I've still been working out a lot, just having an extra shake (my coach suggested it since I exercise almost every day pretty hard). She says I can definitely lose the weight by November, so fingers crossed I lose the weight and stay out of the ice cream aisle! Good luck to everyone!

You sure can do this! I think an extra unrestricted packet is a good idea if you are working out. Keep in mind that it can stall your losses though, but you can definitely still lose inches. This is such a great place to discuss challenges and victories. It is helpful to see how others are working through them to stay OP as well. Don't look in the past, you're not going that way! Forget about the ice cream, take each day as it comes. You got this! You are going to look fabulous for the wedding. :hug:

tawanda
10-10-2013, 05:01 PM

Yes I have made both and they tasted awesome. I so appreciate all the hard work Rainbow did to share with us.

MelissaKate73
10-10-2013, 05:08 PM

Just read your recipe, thanks! Off to try making my own mayo, because that WF "amazin" mayo is "amazin"ly nasty! Do you think this recipe would work with salmon instead of crab? I love salmon croquettes, and they really look like your crab cakes.

dak1lls
10-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Just read your recipe, thanks! Off to try making my own mayo, because that WF "amazin" mayo is "amazin"ly nasty! Do you think this recipe would work with salmon instead of crab? I love salmon croquettes, and they really look like your crab cakes.

I have never made the crab cakes but I make this mayo all the time. I actually will add diced dill pickles to it and use it as a sauce on my blackened tilapia. I also made egg salad for lunch with it and ate it in lettuce wraps. I use it every way I would use mayo. Sometimes it turns out quite thick and will get thicker in the fridge. Other times it seems to just stay runny. I haven't hit on what I am doing differently each time. :?:

Princess Peacock
10-10-2013, 05:24 PM
I am going to try making this mayo also. Y'all are correct - the WF mayo is nasty!

MelissaKate73
10-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I have never made the crab cakes but I make this mayo all the time. I actually will add diced dill pickles to it and use it as a sauce on my blackened tilapia. I also made egg salad for lunch with it and ate it in lettuce wraps. I use it every way I would use mayo. Sometimes it turns out quite thick and will get thicker in the fridge. Other times it seems to just stay runny. I haven't hit on what I am doing differently each time. :?:

Can I ask you how you make a lettuce wrap? Is it as simple as it sounds...just wrapping some lettuce around the food? Can you tell I'm not real kitchen savvy? lol

dak1lls
10-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Can I ask you how you make a lettuce wrap? Is it as simple as it sounds...just wrapping some lettuce around the food? Can you tell I'm not real kitchen savvy? lol

It is as simple as using a lettuce leaf in place of a tortilla. I do this a lot for tacos. The hardest part is getting the leaves of lettuce off the head without tearing them. I found a really easy way to do this. I take out the core and the outer icky leaves. Then I hold the head under the faucet in the kitchen sink. I let the water start to run under the outermost leaf until the weight of the water peels the leaf away and it drops from the head. I do this over a colander. Voila! It goes very quickly and it always works for me. You can do chicken salad as wraps, shredded meats ( I do my pulled pork or have made sloppy joes this way). Hope you like it.

1LittleStar
10-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes I have made both and they tasted awesome. I so appreciate all the hard work Rainbow did to share with us.

Yes, Rainbow's recipes are awesome! Her contribution is awesome, I have tried many of her recipes.

You're welcome! None of the recipes are mine, just trying them out and letting everyone know how they go!

I would think that it would be great with salmon. Just try whatever herbs you think would work well. Let me know how it goes!

Yum! The mayo with dill pickles on the blackened tilapia sounds great! Interesting how the mayo works sometimes but not others. My mom used to make homemade mayo, and it always seemed like an art! I think I might try an immersion blender next time, so I can stream the oil in instead of adding one tbsp at a time. Good to know that it also thickens in the fridge.

sarahBell
10-10-2013, 06:18 PM

Oh sweetie I am so sorry abt your momma!!! My prayers are with you and your family too!!! Dad got a quote from a Lic. Contractor to show the insurance company just what it would take to rebuild a home that the load bearing walls have been MOVED and are ready to collapse!

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

sonolady
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone! My weekend starts tonight, working the holiday. I took advantage of Cold Water Creek big sale online last night. Looking forward to new winter clothes and some island vacation clothes. wooo hooo great prices!

Congrats to the scale movers in the right direction!

Dak1lls, I do egg salad mixed with the WF chipotle mayo, mustard and dill pickle relish, I scoop it with celery sticks mmmm dinner last night infact.

dak1lls
10-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone! My weekend starts tonight, working the holiday. I took advantage of Cold Water Creek big sale online last night. Looking forward to new winter clothes and some island vacation clothes. wooo hooo great prices!

Congrats to the scale movers in the right direction!

Dak1lls, I do egg salad mixed with the WF chipotle mayo, mustard and dill pickle relish, I scoop it with celery sticks mmmm dinner last night infact.

Oh yum...that sounds good. I will have to add some chipotle to mine and the celery sticks sounds tasty!

SweetScrumptious
10-10-2013, 08:05 PM
nolasmurf Any update on your coach breakup?! How did it go??

kkids
10-10-2013, 08:52 PM
An interesting week. I felt hungrier than usual on Tuesday & Wednesday, but today I was not hungry between meals. I've been on IP for 2 months & looked back at the past week's food diary to see if I had screwed up...nothing to explain the difference. Whatever it was; it seems to be over. WI yesterday was great. 2.6 pounds lost & only 3 to my official goal, but 8 to my extended goal. DH is doing alternatives as of this past weekend..he got a bit jealous I think :)

Jenny38
10-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Happy Thursday fellow IPer's! Congratulations on your loses!
Today was my WI and down 4lbs! I really get a lot of support and advice from the sight and just wanted to say thank you.

sarahBell
10-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Today was my WI and down 4lbs! I really get a lot of support and advice from the sight and just wanted to say thank you.

Congrats on the loss that is so wonderful!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

jordanna
10-10-2013, 09:22 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1378897_10151640841191080_1770459327_n.jpg

I am attempting pumpkin tarts for Canadian Thanksgiving
have any of you successfully made pumpkin pie IP style? Just trying to perfect my recipe and looking for tips :)

Mysticaldreamzz
10-10-2013, 09:49 PM

Great job!

saskgirl
10-10-2013, 10:00 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1378897_10151640841191080_1770459327_n.jpg

I am attempting pumpkin tarts for Canadian Thanksgiving
have any of you successfully made pumpkin pie IP style? Just trying to perfect my recipe and looking for tips :)

I found a recipie for a mini pumpkin pie with a meringue topping - put it on the recipie thread but havent tried it - think i will sub the vanilla pudding for butterscotch but the crust is the crepe - the crispy cereal one looks like it might work better!
how did those lil muffins taste? - they look good!
Happy Thanksgiving!

jordanna
10-10-2013, 10:02 PM
I found a recipie for a mini pumpkin pie with a meringue topping - put it on the recipie thread but havent tried it - think i will sub the vanilla pudding for butterscotch but the crust is the crepe - the crispy cereal one looks like it might work better!
how did those lil muffins taste? - they look good!

I tried one (it originally made 6 tarts) they were pretty good. The crust is on the drier side but the filling is nice and moist so it worked well together. I'm pretty happy with it all in all. I will have a look at the recipe thread and check out the one you posted...I might tweak my recipe a bit :)

saskgirl
10-10-2013, 10:04 PM
I tried one (it originally made 6 tarts) they were pretty good. The crust is on the drier side but the filling is nice and moist so it worked well together. I'm pretty happy with it all in all. I will have a look at the recipe thread and check out the one you posted...I might tweak my recipe a bit :)
lol and let me know the recipie for the crust and I will tweak mine!

jordanna
10-10-2013, 10:06 PM
lol and let me know the recipie for the crust and I will tweak mine!

I have it up on my blog (link below) I'm on my ipad right now or I'd type out or copy & paste the recipe for you!

Justdoinit
10-10-2013, 10:09 PM

I am in my 5th day of IP. I can honestly say that Day 3 was the worst, and now I am feeling a tad clearer in my thinking, and TONS of energy. I loved a late afternoon Diet Coke before, but I think that was why I would crash so easily in the evening. I heard about IP from a friend, but due to the cost, I didn't think it was right for me. When I saw her again 50 lbs. lighter, she let me know about the alternative products threads! And here I am.

Justdoinit
10-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Can I ask you how you make a lettuce wrap? Is it as simple as it sounds...just wrapping some lettuce around the food? Can you tell I'm not real kitchen savvy? lol I use all sorts of lettuce to make my lettuce wraps, but my favorite is Boston Lettuce since it can hold us to "stuffing". I had lettuce wraps tonight filled with steamed Broccoli slaw and some chicken sautéed in EVOO. Think of it like a tortilla! Only much healthier.:cool:

saskgirl
10-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I have it up on my blog (link below) I'm on my ipad right now or I'd type out or copy & paste the recipe for you!

no worries - I will grab it off the blog - thanks!

sarita75
10-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Good evening all. Been working and studying all day and its nearly 8 p.m. here in SF. I am so sorry that I don't have time to read all of the posts, but I do hope that everyone is doing okay and feeling positive.

Warmest,
S

Meme3
10-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Hi I have bee on Ideal protein for 2 weeks and so far so food. Ii have a questions regarding weighing my protein. It states I should weigh the meat raw, but if I'm roasting a turkey that is impossible. So when weighing cooked meat do you weigh more than 8 oz or less. Can someone help me out. Love the diet :?:

StormyS
10-11-2013, 12:17 AM

Just visited your blog- thanks for the link and the recipe!

Congrats everyone on all the NSV's and losses this week- great work! :carrot:

65X65
10-11-2013, 04:16 AM
Hi I have bee on Ideal protein for 2 weeks and so far so food. Ii have a questions regarding weighing my protein. It states I should weigh the meat raw, but if I'm roasting a turkey that is impossible. So when weighing cooked meat do you weigh more than 8 oz or less. Can someone help me out. Love the diet :?:
There are some things you can find on line that will give you approx raw to cooked weights for meat. I use about 5 or 5.5 oz cooked in the case you are mentioning. Will see if I can find a link to put up for you.

Edit:
Can't find a single link for you but the conversion info in some of the body building and other diet sites like spark people suggest the cooked amount is about 75% of the raw volume weight, so 6 oz would be the upper limit for a very lean cut. I don't like it "dry" and a bit of fat is actually recommended, so I've been erring on the side of being a pinch low. Most of the time I'm able to weigh ahead. We don't often cook large pieces of meat in our house with being empty nesters. I can see how cooking ahead and having a bigger family to feed won't always let you do that though. I think 5-5.5 oz is a very safe portion to go with.