Ideal Protein Diet - Why is restarting IP SOOO HARD?!

View Full Version : Why is restarting IP SOOO HARD?!

Strongisthenewskinny
10-09-2013, 08:26 PM
I am struggling SO much on restarting IP. First time I did it i was on it for about three months, didnt cheat once and didnt feel deprived, but every day ive tried restarting I go a few days then I find myself STARVING, cranky, fatigued, cheating and completely falling off track.. I didnt have any issues starting it the first time, ugh.

Any tips on getting restarted? Has anyone else had issues restarting? :?:

Sunflower40
10-09-2013, 09:44 PM
all the time
the only thing that has kept me going this long is my wedding coming up in 10 months.
I find the first 2-3 weeks the hardest, once I get into a momentum I'm OK.
I also don't follow protocol 100% all the time...

shrinkingsusie
10-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Took me almost 3 years to restart! I tried so many times, and just couldn't make it past day three. I think coming back to this forum is what kept me going this time. I need to be held accountable, and I find that coming here daily (or hourly :p ) really helps me. Good luck!!

berteau
10-09-2013, 10:54 PM
You are all stronger than you think! You did it once and if you stick with it, you can do it again.

I have literally walked around the block to get myself away from a temptation and mentally tell myself that I am stronger than that piece of cheese, or leftover cookie at work, or wine!

Tonight I am sitting down to a tasty batch of potato puree muffins and a glass of club soda, but I often have "willpower" going through my head when needed.

Best of luck!

kdspirited
10-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Set a short term goal. They say that if you can make it 21 days you can stick to anything. So make a 21 day plan to stay OP and not cheat. See what happens and then go from there

Avalon1957
10-09-2013, 11:01 PM
I am struggling SO much on restarting IP. First time I did it i was on it for about three months, didnt cheat once and didnt feel deprived, but every day ive tried restarting I go a few days then I find myself STARVING, cranky, fatigued, cheating and completely falling off track.. I didnt have any issues starting it the first time, ugh.

Any tips on getting restarted? Has anyone else had issues restarting? :?:

If you are having trouble getting over the first few day hump ... eat 4 or 5 packs of IP a day or 1 or 2 extra 4 oz servings of lean meat ... that will at least get your carbs and sugar down ... then by day 4 or 5 cut back to the recommended amt and continue from there.

sandralosingweight
10-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I am in the same boat, the first time around was super duper easy for me, I was so focused and never ever cheated until I decided to give myself a break for Christmas, after which, it was a disaster, I never came back as 100% as I was first time around, I tried million of times restarting! It is hard, but not impossible.

Let's do this :)

ems70508
10-10-2013, 10:38 AM
It took me a few years to restart too! It was more of a head game. I had to let go of all those cravings. I actually had a dinner party the night before and gave away all of my 'temptations' like crackers, yogurt, fruit. It got all the food that could break me out of my house and my friends were very happy they got food without going to the grocery store!

I have found that the more I put into it, the more I get out. On my grocery shopping days I actually chop and measure into bags. That way when I get home after a long day I can throw to bags of veggies into the oven for roasting or throw on a salad. It has helped me a lot! Plus this site has helped a ton for recipes and support because none of my friends my age are doing it@

Jbhigdon
10-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I agree restarting is MUCH harder than the first time!!!! I was down 22 lbs in less than a month and didn't even feel like I was dieting after the first couple days!!!! I ran out of IP products and the cost just seemed too steep to buy more (hindsight that was a huge mistake).. I now have alternative products on hand and can't get the mindset to get going!!!!

I can do this tho... I'm going to find the mental zone!!!!!! Just hope it's SOON!!

chargergirl21
10-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I am having a horrible time trying to restart...I did IP over a year ago and lost 55 pounds, I've since gained it all back plus some :( I'm on my 5th time trying to restart and it is so so hard. Feeling very discouraged.

Meeshellee
10-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Can I just say how helpful this thread is for me. I was debating phasing off for the holidays but I keep thinking on every other diet I've been on I've never as gung-ho as I was the first time around. I'm so focused and motivated on IP I'm afraid if I phase off before goal I won't be able to get back on, so I really appreciate you sharing your struggles. Thank you.

ems70508
10-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Can I just say how helpful this thread is for me. I was debating phasing off for the holidays but I keep thinking on every other diet I've been on I've never as gung-ho as I was the first time around. I'm so focused and motivated on IP I'm afraid if I phase off before goal I won't be able to get back on, so I really appreciate you sharing your struggles. Thank you.

So glad you found this thread! I feel the same way. I was thinking this morning how hard it was in the beginning to want to go grab some M&M's but today i do not want them. I know how it'll mess me up. I feel the same way about the holidays. The holidays is such a fun time because we get to catch up with family and friends. As much as you think the holidays are about food-don't let them be! I have been thinking about the multiple dishes I can bring to events where others won't even realizing they are eating OP and not even on IP! Then you'll blend in with everyone and your evening parties won't be filled with explaining IP!

Jbhigdon
10-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Feeling encouraged!!! Scale went down today!!!!

Family reunion Saturday will be a challenge, but I can do this!!!!

MntRose
10-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Oh gosh you are so not alone! I quickly Phased off in August in an attempt to get my LDL cholesterol down enough to pass my employers health screening for the year, the deadline was the last day of September. I have been struggling to get two good OP days in a row at this point. It's been brutal for me because I did this for nearly eight months and it was something I was doing so well at. Last week I was wondering why I just couldn't seem to do it now, and failing to see any good reasons for the failing.
Sunday morning I woke up and decided "This is the day dang it, and I am gonna let everyone at work know it too!" Somehow that has helped a lot. Today I didn't work but still doing good, feel a bit hungry but had a dill pickle!

I wish you much luck in finding the right head-space to get back into this totally mental game. I know if I can figure it out any one can. :hug:

Avalon1957
10-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Typically the pain of being fat, having health problems, looking bad, feeling bad, etc ... has to overcome the good feelings of eating bad/unhealthy food or simply eating too many calories for your BMR. Food is an escape and sometimes a "soother" and sometimes addictive. It can be a surrogate for other things that you might find lacking in your life (love for example) ... or a way to relieve stress.

For some it takes a crisis (health or emotional) to get them on the track of losing weight and getting healthier. You have to find some way to really want it; otherwise it's simply "more fun" to eat too much (even if that is only during little "cheating" periods that are justified by their short duration). It's a similar dynamic that keeps alcoholics from getting on the wagon, or drug addicts from kicking the habit.

I know that feeling well, as I have gone through periods myself when I just could not get going, and usually I needed something to push me over the edge to start dieting.

slow2lose
10-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I guess I haven't had too much of a hard time with restarts because I have a 5 pound limit - if I gained 5 pounds I'd do 2-3 weeks of IP. 5 pounds is sooo easy to gain, so I found myself doing 4-5 tweaks over a 12 month period. Knowing it was only going to be a few weeks helped though because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm also really determined NOT to get kicked out of ketosis, that is a huge motivator for me - once I see that dark burgundy on my Ketostick it really motivates me. Thankfully I'm one of the few that seems to show ketosis, even my Coach doesn't.

However this time I gained 10 so I know it's gonna take me a while to get that off. As my name suggests, I am slow to lose! I have my first weigh in for my first week in 45 minutes though, hope it goes well.

Just think of what happens when your body goes into ketosis and what it takes to get back there. That really is a big motivator for me.

staceyjblack
10-15-2013, 02:27 PM
I guess I haven't had too much of a hard time with restarts because I have a 5 pound limit - if I gained 5 pounds I'd do 2-3 weeks of IP. 5 pounds is sooo easy to gain, so I found myself doing 4-5 tweaks over a 12 month period. Knowing it was only going to be a few weeks helped though because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm also really determined NOT to get kicked out of ketosis, that is a huge motivator for me - once I see that dark burgundy on my Ketostick it really motivates me. Thankfully I'm one of the few that seems to show ketosis, even my Coach doesn't.

However this time I gained 10 so I know it's gonna take me a while to get that off. As my name suggests, I am slow to lose! I have my first weigh in for my first week in 45 minutes though, hope it goes well.

Just think of what happens when your body goes into ketosis and what it takes to get back there. That really is a big motivator for me.
I hope it goes well! Keep us updated!

I mentioned in another thread that I has restarting. I didn't go into detail, but I have actually gained back all the weight I lost. I have been so disappointed and kept making excuses for myself. I finally went all in last monday and after those first 4 days, it's been smooth sailing. I love how I feel in control of my body, hunger, cravings etc. It's enough to keep me motivated.

This time, I am not putting an end DATE, but rather an end WEIGHT. I definitely adjusted my goal last time because I lost the motivation and told myself I could do it on my own. Well, now I know for sure that I can't, and it's time to get real.

chargergirl21
10-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Typically the pain of being fat, having health problems, looking bad, feeling bad, etc ... has to overcome the good feelings of eating bad/unhealthy food or simply eating too many calories for your BMR. Food is an escape and sometimes a "soother" and sometimes addictive. For some it takes a crisis (health or emotional) to get them on the track of losing weight and getting healthier. You have to find some way to really want it; otherwise it's simply "more fun" to eat too much (even if that is only during little "cheating" periods that are justified by their short duration). It's a similar dynamic that keeps alcoholics from getting on the wagon, or drug addicts from kicking the habit.

I know that feeling well, as I have gone through periods myself when I just could not get going, and usually I needed something to push me over the edge to start dieting.

This is great advice!

Iolani
10-15-2013, 03:59 PM
I started Maintenance about a month ago. My coach warned me about the 3-5lb gain. I gained 4lbs

I weight myself every day and I journal what I eat.

My husband has tried to tempt me with so many goodies, but every time that I think of how much money I have spent for the IP packets, I stop from reaching out to eat junk.

Keep your end goal in mind. You can do this. Junk food will always be around, but not your health.

Mwood452011
10-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I too am restarting and find it extremely difficult. I had no problem the first time but this time I make it one or two days and then blow it. For some reason since I phased off the first time I crave sweets. It is driving me crazy I feel so defeated.:(

snickers70
10-21-2013, 02:55 PM
I too am restarting today... and so far I have been doing good. I am sooooo hungry though. I phased off about 3 months ago and was doing good. I also weigh myself every day, and found when I cheat.. I stay off the scale. I do know my weakness is sweets.. so if I can make it thru... no I will make it thru... I am staying away from the sweets... its a trigger for me.. and then I dont stop. I cant just enjoy a small portion.. I just keep going..sigh

Bellamack
10-21-2013, 03:01 PM
I feel you. Never cheated once the first time around, lost 42 pounds, gained them back and keep restarting. grrrrr.

I don't post much, but read alot.

I CAN do this :)

KKJVA
10-21-2013, 04:02 PM
I am so glad I saw this thread today. I started back on IP today for what seems like the 100th time. The first time around I lost 90 pounds and was 100% on program even through Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's. I felt great, maybe a little too great and confident that I didn't think I needed maintenance. Gained all but 10 back. Over this past weekend, I was so disappointed and mad at myself that it ignited the determination and drive I had last time. If I can make it through the first week, I know it will be smooth sailing.

This time we will all get there and stay there! :-) Good luck to everyone!

claustin
10-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Restarting as well. Glad I came across this thread. I am going to need some support. Seem to do well for 1-3 days then "something" comes up and I end up cheated and think "well you ruined today might as well go out with a bang" instead of taking that one cheat as a step back and finish the day of OP. Anyway, Fresh new day today. And did pretty good. No hunger, or cravings today. Lets hope it continues tomorrow ;)

Jbhigdon
10-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Great day today!!!! Couple of motivators.. 1) the scale hit 184.8 today and I refuse to go back to 185 or higher!!!! 2) I read the thread containing food ideas without using packets!!!! It made me remember some of the yummy food I ate first time around!!!!

I had a cabbage and mushroom stir fry today that was GREAT!!! A couple weeks ago I ordered. Alternatives from Nashua and a lot of them are great. I plan to order more tomorrow aside tried most of the samples. One great find was the Syntrax nectar unflavored!! I made a cup of CS Cinnamon Apple Spice Herbal tea and stirred in the protein powder that I had dissolved in a little cold water!!! No taste chane and that tea is GREAT!!!

Strongisthenewskinny
10-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Restarting as well. Glad I came across this thread. I am going to need some support. Seem to do well for 1-3 days then "something" comes up and I end up cheated and think "well you ruined today might as well go out with a bang" instead of taking that one cheat as a step back and finish the day of OP. Anyway, Fresh new day today. And did pretty good. No hunger, or cravings today. Lets hope it continues tomorrow ;)

thats exactly what i do!! ugh! I dont know why i cant get my mind set right.. first time i did it, i didnt cheat at all and felt fine the entire time! i didnt feel deprived or anything.. this time around.. its hellish lol

sekc14
10-22-2013, 07:05 AM
I hope it goes well! Keep us updated!

I mentioned in another thread that I has restarting. I didn't go into detail, but I have actually gained back all the weight I lost. I have been so disappointed and kept making excuses for myself. I finally went all in last monday and after those first 4 days, it's been smooth sailing. I love how I feel in control of my body, hunger, cravings etc. It's enough to keep me motivated.

This time, I am not putting an end DATE, but rather an end WEIGHT. I definitely adjusted my goal last time because I lost the motivation and told myself I could do it on my own. Well, now I know for sure that I can't, and it's time to get real.

"I love how I feel in control of my body, hunger, cravings etc. It's enough to keep me motivated." --Ditto!!

I'm restarting again too after many failed attempts. Im curious about setting a weight goal. I have a goal in mind of 150 but, plan to stay OP until Feb 14th then phase off. If my weight loss repeats itsel I will reach ny weight goal by then. But, I'd like to hear more feedback on setting time lines vs. setting a number on the scales. It would be a good topic and might give me insights which might change my mind. I'm not really sure how much I want to weigh between 135-150, maybe I should make 135 a goal?

janetbenson
10-24-2013, 03:57 PM
I also cannot get restarted. I like the suggestion of 4 or 5 ideal packets a day or extra lean meat.

BEEGEE
10-24-2013, 06:05 PM
I am also restarting on day 2 and so far so good! I just have to stay focused lost 52 lbs the first go around with no cheats and it was easy. Just hope round two is easy but it looks like I'm in for a real challenge :(

Bella73123
10-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by claustin

Restarting as well. Glad I came across this thread. I am going to need some support. Seem to do well for 1-3 days then "something" comes up and I end up cheated and think "well you ruined today might as well go out with a bang" instead of taking that one cheat as a step back and finish the day of OP. Anyway, Fresh new day today. And did pretty good. No hunger, or cravings today. Lets hope it continues tomorrow

thats exactly what i do!! ugh! I dont know why i cant get my mind set right.. first time i did it, i didnt cheat at all and felt fine the entire time! i didnt feel deprived or anything.. this time around.. its hellish lol

I could have written either of these. Restarting is extremely difficult! I lost 50lbs last year in about three months, felt great and just sort of stopped following the program. I kept trying to restart without any success. I'd get a day or two tops. I finally felt like I was ready to do it and I managed to get through my first week without any cheating. I lost 8.4 lbs and now I know I will be able to keep with it. The key things that helped me stay OP? I allowed myself a hardboiled egg as a snack every day. This was advice that my coach gave me the first time around. I allow myself an extra packet if I need it, and I don't beat myself up about it. I usually just make it a lower fat/carb choice. I will continue to do this if I need to, just to keep myself on track. I would rather have an extra pudding OP than something less filling that's off plan that could derail me completely and/or cause cravings. I think one of the most important things is to forgive yourself. Don't make excuses, don't beat yourself up. Understand what you can do for yourself to help you be successful while staying OP and do it, if I can get back on track, so can you!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

claustin
10-24-2013, 10:39 PM
You can have up to 5 pks a day for the first couple days when you start out. What I find has worked for me is having 2 egg whites with my IP Hot Chocolate drink for breakfast. And 2 egg whites have no effect on anything else you eat that day.

I love my hot choc. drink. It makes me feel like I'm getting my chocolate fix and if I still need another fix I have a bag of choc. soy puffs.

Also, Something that works for me is to weigh myself every morning. I see it go down and that really motivates me. I also keep track of everything I eat thru my fitness pal and make sure my calories stay below or around 900 everyday.

dsjsmom23
10-25-2013, 01:27 AM
*waves* I'm in this boat too!
I lost 55 pounds in 5 months last year. I actually started IP one year ago Oct 25.
I did a 10km in April, then I kinda stalled.
I took a few months off... that ended up being all spring and summer!
I gained back 15ish pounds.

I have been "restarting" for months now! I just cannot seem to get the hang of it this time around! It's SOOOOO frustrating!

I restarted AGAIN on Monday. So I just finished day 4. I seem to be doing ok. I weighed in today, and I am officially down 38 pounds now.

I am looking at the positive. I lost, and kept off 38 pounds in one year.

I am going to really give it my all this time. I like the idea of doing it faithfully for 21 days. I am going to do this!

evepet
10-25-2013, 11:08 AM
I lost 55 pounds in 5 months last year. I actually started IP one year ago Oct 25.

I have been "restarting" for months now! I just cannot seem to get the hang of it this time around! It's SOOOOO frustrating!

I restarted AGAIN on Monday. So I just finished day 4. I seem to be doing ok. I weighed in today, and I am officially down 38 pounds now.

I am going to really give it my all this time. I like the idea of doing it faithfully for 21 days. I am going to do this!

Your experience sounds much like mine. Reached goal, was fine for a while, then allowed more sugar/carby things into my eating and the cravings came back... with resulting weight gain. I've re-started several times, and have been having a tough time staying committed, despite being able to get into 10+ days of successful P1 eating a couple of times. As I reflect back these past few months, I realize the situations that have tempted me are always related to social events ... not feeling comfortable declining what someone has made for a meal, thinking that they have prepared a good low cal/low fat option, but often not realizing it is still carb-laden. Rather than run the risk of hurting their feelings, I eat a small portion ... and then stay off my dieting for a few days.

I'm re-starting again today too. And I also have committed in my mind to staying firmly on a P1-style eating program for at least 21 days.

BeeWBedard
10-25-2013, 02:49 PM
I am just restarting again too - and I am finding it very slow going - in my second week

LizJazz
10-28-2013, 11:09 AM
I lost 40 pounds my first time on ip. I have been trying to restart for months. I gained 12 pounds back, and just can't seem to get past the first 4 days. I am beyond frustrated with myself. We leave for Disney in 12 days....I guess I'll just try to do phase one until three days before we leave, phase 3 for the last 3 days and start on phase one again when I get back from my trip.

Bella73123
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
I am just restarting again too - and I am finding it very slow going - in my second week

I'm having the same problem with week two! I lost 8.6 the first week and although I don't officially WI until Wednesday, so far this weeks loss has been pretty dismal. I'm hoping it has to do with TOM and maybe next week will be better.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

IPRound2
10-28-2013, 02:17 PM
If you are having trouble getting over the first few day hump ... eat 4 or 5 packs of IP a day or 1 or 2 extra 4 oz servings of lean meat ... that will at least get your carbs and sugar down ... then by day 4 or 5 cut back to the recommended amt and continue from there.

I think eating more than 2 cups of approved veggies for lunch and dinner for the first couple of days too may help.

sunnymae
10-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi Ladies
I'm in the same boat. An oldie from 2011 with a 17lb gain.I'm short, so that's 3 sizes for me. Starting again today. I'm almost afraid to say it out loud!

I had an epiphany when as soon as I set my starting date for today,folks starting calling about visiting town, spending weekends, upcoming thanksgiving and all the social events that keep popping up while we're trying to do this. I thought, OK, I'll delay until November when everyone leaves and do another month of eating and drinking too much. I instantly got the sickest feeling in my gut and felt my energy sinking. Where were my highest needs right now? Why was I still putting everyones schedules and agendas before mine? Lightbulb moment!! I said out loud, no you're starting today, and everyone will either adjust around you, or say stupid things, or entice me to screw up, but they wont have to live with my weight gain, I will. So one day at time, I'm doin' this. Let's stick together.:carrot:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjsmom23 View Post

Your experience sounds much like mine. Reached goal, was fine for a while, then allowed more sugar/carby things into my eating and the cravings came back... with resulting weight gain. I've re-started several times, and have been having a tough time staying committed, despite being able to get into 10+ days of successful P1 eating a couple of times. As I reflect back these past few months, I realize the situations that have tempted me are always related to social events ... not feeling comfortable declining what someone has made for a meal, thinking that they have prepared a good low cal/low fat option, but often not realizing it is still carb-laden. Rather than run the risk of hurting their feelings, I eat a small portion ... and then stay off my dieting for a few days.

I'm re-starting again today too. And I also have committed in my mind to staying firmly on a P1-style eating program for at least 21 days.

Jbhigdon
10-28-2013, 04:35 PM
I thought, OK, I'll delay until ......... and do another month of eating and drinking too much.

It is so easy to put off restarting another day or week!!! I have probably gained 10 lbs waiting on a good restart day!!!!

I "restarted" again last Monday... Had my grand kids over the weekend and took that as an "excuse" to eat things I shouldn't... So I'm "restarting" again today....

Last Monday I was 184.8 ... I'm 181.4 this morning!!! Which is what I'll focus on!!!! And give this one more try!!!!

sunnymae
10-28-2013, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=Jbhigdon;4871965]It is so easy to put off restarting another day or week!!! I have probably gained 10 lbs waiting on a good restart day!!!!

I "restarted" again last Monday... Had my grand kids over the weekend and took that as an "excuse" to eat things I shouldn't... So I'm "restarting" again today....

Last Monday I was 184.8 ... I'm 181.4 this morning!!! Which is what I'll focus on!!!! And give this one more try!!!![/QUOT

Congrats on your weight loss so far! You're inspiring me. This is really a one day at time kind of thing with a lot of walking around the house talking to myself. Well...someone has too! Let's help each other stay focused. We can do this.

watchoutforthatcar
10-29-2013, 09:52 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to all who commented in this thread. I was thinking about taking a short break in December. Thinking to myself how easy it would be since I've been doing so well. But that's stupid, a very stupid thought. I can't restart a diet. The first time you do a diet is the most effective. I'll never have the same motivation if I stop before I'm finished.

So thank you. I'm going to keep going and continue the success that I've had. I miss certain foods but I don't crave it. I know if I go back there the cravings will return. Thanks for the wake up call!

Delgen
10-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I got so fed up with myself I just spur of the moment decied to start...on Thursday! Who starts a diet on a Thursday???

So I am on day 5 and FINALLY in Ketosis. Wow it was hard. But it think it is harder to watch myself get too big for my "big" clothes.

Feels good now. Glad I did it.

But I have no idea what my weight is. I could not face the scale, and decided to just start without it. Now I am looking forward to all the NSVs like loser fitting clothes, less pain in my back and feet. Better attitude about myself and life.

shrinkingsusie
10-29-2013, 10:42 AM
I got so fed up with myself I just spur of the moment decied to start...on Thursday! Who starts a diet on a Thursday???

I restarted on a Thursday. Decided the Wednesday night that enough was enough, and just dove in head first!

Delgen
10-29-2013, 11:13 AM
I restarted on a Thursday. Decided the Wednesday night that enough was enough, and just dove in head first!

Yup! Exactly what I did. No time to talk myself out of it [again]!:hug:

claustin
10-29-2013, 01:31 PM
I think sometimes doing things in the spur of the moment is the best time! And they say the best time to start a diet is mid-week :) that way by the time the weekend comes you still have that drive to stay OP and you don't want to throw away 2-3 days of accomplishment just for a 2 day cheat weekend. I have read that Mondays are the worse time to start a diet because by the weekend your drive is almost gone and you are more likely to cheat. Interesting hey?

Congratulations to all you new "Re-starters" the first step is usually the hardest but you did it! Just try to keep, in the front of your mind, the reason why you took that first step. I think that's where I go wrong. I lose sight of the goal and only think about the cravings. But I'm trying to control it.

One Day. One meal. One craving at a time.

Strongisthenewskinny
10-29-2013, 07:13 PM
I keep having little slip ups, i just dont get why i did it the first time around so easily and this time i just cannot give it %100.. I think one thing that helped was the fact my roommate was doing it with me.. however this time shes not.

By any chance is anyone interested in being a "diet buddy"? Check in with eachother a few times a day.. swap recipes, keep eachother motivated, when I feel like cheating you can call me a fatty and tell me not to do it.. haha.message me!

JLauren
10-30-2013, 10:25 AM
I restarted IP after a year off and I haven't found it too hard to get back into. The headaches and feelings that I'm starving aren't nearly as strong as it was when I first did IP. The only thing I've noticed is that I do feel more bloated and gassy this time around. I feel heavier than I did 4 days ago, but I haven't gained any weight, I've lost 2 lbs. Did anyone else feel this way when starting?

Jbhigdon
10-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Hump Day and going strong!!!! Fighting a cold ... But still trying to hang with this!!! I do have to talk myself into sticking with it everyday???!!

Pounds seem to be dropping pretty fast, just like the first time, but I don't think the it's leaving the problem areas (back fat) as quickly...

Setting some mini goals on the first... Hoping it'll motivate me!!!!

Chinookgirl
10-30-2013, 06:13 PM
I am so glad that I found these posts! I too, have thought about taking a Christmas break but having read what others have been through, I will continue until I am at my goal and then continue on maintenance via phases. You scared the .....out of me!! Thank you!!!!!

claustin
10-30-2013, 11:46 PM
I keep having little slip ups, i just dont get why i did it the first time around so easily and this time i just cannot give it %100.. I think one thing that helped was the fact my roommate was doing it with me.. however this time shes not.

By any chance is anyone interested in being a "diet buddy"? Check in with eachother a few times a day.. swap recipes, keep eachother motivated, when I feel like cheating you can call me a fatty and tell me not to do it.. haha.message me!

I pm'd you :)

sekc14
10-31-2013, 07:54 AM
I think sometimes doing things in the spur of the moment is the best time! And they say the best time to start a diet is mid-week :) that way by the time the weekend comes you still have that drive to stay OP and you don't want to throw away 2-3 days of accomplishment just for a 2 day cheat weekend. I have read that Mondays are the worse time to start a diet because by the weekend your drive is almost gone and you are more likely to cheat. e.

I started on a Saturday because I went into the IP office to buy products and learned startup was free during the month of October. So, I rejoined, got weighed and measured, and started a whole new journey when I was only going to try the product to see if it caused problems with pain and skin that I thought were caused by it before. But, so far so good! I'm trying to stay OP so I can do this in short time and avoid prolonging consuming IP products. Even though it may be hard at times, this is the best diet I've ever been on because I consistently lose 3 lbs per week if I maintain the protocol. No other diet has worked this well. Just got to do it!

sunnymae
10-31-2013, 12:06 PM
OK Buddies...starting day 4 today. So far so good. I'm nervous about the weekend. Taking my best friend up to my cabin upstate for the weekend. Planned ages ago. She took the day off from work and so on.
Normally...that means martinis...you know the rest.
Next week another BFF shows up from Europe...you know the rest.
I can stick to the diet. It's the temptation to drink that'll get me if anything does.
Only thing I can think of is...I can't imagine having to start over again and waste the last 4-5 days. Everyday I do this is a little miracle for me.
SOMEONE SLAP ME AND TELL ME TO KEEP AWAY FROM THE MARTINIS!!!!!!

Also been tempted to weigh myself, but going to stick to once a week. I got out of control last time and became obsessed with every ounce. Nope!!!