Ideal Protein Diet - First day on Phase 3

View Full Version : First day on Phase 3

Skinnyjeangirl
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I was so excited for this day. I was like a little kid just about to get that big ire-cream cone! except mine reward was a wonderful breakfast. I had been preparing for weeks for this day, and read all the phase 3 posts and all the lovely breakfast menus. thank you ladies, you are fabulous people for sharing all the menus.

I started in Feb at 193. I am now 144, thou I would like to get to 130, I will do so after the Holidays. SO my girl scout promise is to stay focused and watch what I eat, have a fun day at Thanksgiving and the next day carry on, I am sure Christmas time I will do the same, giving me one day to play! I dont call it a cheat or cheating, I have earned my badge. So ladies and gents, keep fighting for the goal! I will keep reading post and posting..

xxoo

sarita75
10-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Congrats!!

PS: What'd you have for breakfast?

cassieleeanne
10-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Today was my first day on phase 3 as well :)

Skinnyjeangirl
10-09-2013, 06:06 PM

cool, :carrot: I had two morning star sausages, 1/2 piece of toast with weight watchers cream cheese, half cup raspberries and 1/2 strawberries, 1/4 cup of granola! 461 calories. I will make a menu each night for the morning so I stay focused! good luck!! whoot whoot

dak1lls
10-09-2013, 06:10 PM
cool, :carrot: I had two morning star sausages, 1/2 piece of toast with weight watchers cream cheese, half cup raspberries and 1/2 strawberries, 1/4 cup of granola! 461 calories. I will make a menu each night for the morning so I stay focused! good luck!! whoot whoot

Thank you for sharing. That sounds decadent! I will be on P3 next week. Getting everything prepped, lists and more lists and recipes. Can't wait.

dak1lls
10-09-2013, 06:11 PM

How was your first morning on P3? What did you have?

Skinnyjeangirl
10-11-2013, 02:24 PM

my 3rd day! love the breakfast meals , so happy to be here it makes it easier to be on. I was starting to get board! any way love all the recipes that are posted on this site!

lisa32989
10-11-2013, 02:56 PM
I was so excited for this day. I was like a little kid just about to get that big ire-cream cone! except mine reward was a wonderful breakfast. I had been preparing for weeks for this day, and read all the phase 3 posts and all the lovely breakfast menus. thank you ladies, you are fabulous people for sharing all the menus.

I started in Feb at 193. I am now 144, thou I would like to get to 130, I will do so after the Holidays. SO my girl scout promise is to stay focused and watch what I eat, have a fun day at Thanksgiving and the next day carry on, I am sure Christmas time I will do the same, giving me one day to play! I dont call it a cheat or cheating, I have earned my badge. So ladies and gents, keep fighting for the goal! I will keep reading post and posting..

I'll be phasing off to start P4 on Halloween
I, too, will be getting back to it after the holidays (if given a clean thyroid bill-of-health medically)
We can maintain together in the meantime!
I start P3 next Tuesday

I am also uncomfortable calling anything a cheat. Perhaps a "fun" day or "fun" meal or planned splurge. But it isn't cheating when it is allowed!

cassieleeanne
10-11-2013, 03:31 PM

And good luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!

cassieleeanne
10-11-2013, 03:33 PM
How was your first morning on P3? What did you have?

Well I have been doing the hearty english muffins with a little bit of peanut butter, then I have yogurt with granola and then my fruit. this weekend I will change it up and do eggs and meat on an english muffin, excited to have the weekend where I have more time to prepare everything.

Hope phase two is going well for you, I am phasing off quicker than most due to the loss of hair that won't seem to stop.

Have a great weekend you seem to be doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

cassieleeanne
10-11-2013, 03:34 PM
my 3rd day! love the breakfast meals , so happy to be here it makes it easier to be on. I was starting to get board! any way love all the recipes that are posted on this site!

Now there isn't enough time to get bored trying to figure everything out and not slip up on anything.:D:D:D

dak1lls
10-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks Cassie. P2 is going well. Anxious to start P3. I am still losing hair and hope it stops soon! That breakfast sounds good. I am also thinking of an egg muffin type breakfast sandwich for P3. I am so looking forward to peanut butter toast!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I'll be phasing off to start P4 on Halloween
I, too, will be getting back to it after the holidays (if given a clean thyroid bill-of-health medically)
We can maintain together in the meantime!
I start P3 next Tuesday

I am also uncomfortable calling anything a cheat. Perhaps a "fun" day or "fun" meal or planned splurge. But it isn't cheating when it is allowed!

you always have a great attitude!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks Cassie. P2 is going well. Anxious to start P3. I am still losing hair and hope it stops soon! That breakfast sounds good. I am also thinking of an egg muffin type breakfast sandwich for P3. I am so looking forward to peanut butter toast!

so dang excited for peanut butter!! tomorrow morning!:dizzy:

dak1lls
10-11-2013, 11:36 PM

Enjoy every creamy bite.

Skinnyjeangirl
10-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Enjoy every creamy bite.

thanks ... and Collagen vitamins helped with my hair!

cassieleeanne
10-14-2013, 01:13 PM

My hair loss has gotten so bad that I just feel the need to phase off faster, I finally have started seeing new little hairs poking out but I feel very depressed on the lack of hair I do have. I can't wear it down because it is too noticeable and I have to use that Topikk to mask the baldness, very depressing I must say. But anyways lost another pound of phase three and really enjoying breakfast.:carrot:

lisa32989
10-14-2013, 03:39 PM
LOL...that was my go-to on day one of P3 :)
Then I wanted more & more. Next time I'll get almond butter instead.

dak1lls
10-14-2013, 07:03 PM
LOL...that was my go-to on day one of P3 :)
Then I wanted more & more. Next time I'll get almond butter instead.

I bought almond butter and am waiting to try it. I am pretty stocked up for my breakfasts. I think my first will be an egg mcmuffin type sandwich. The recipes Lizrr has posted look good, so I will be trying some of those as well. I sure hope dairy and grains agree with me. One more day!

dak1lls
10-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Tomorrow morning will be my first P3 breakfast! After calculating and lots of consideration I have settled on the following:

Breakfast Sandwich:
Thomas Hearty Muffin (whole wheat)
1 Poached Egg
1 Slice of Sargento Reduced Fat Medium Cheddar Cheese
1 Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Patty

1/2 C. Fage Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
1 C. Raspberries

It sounds so yummy, but it is so much food! Omg! I am freaking out. I never imagined I would spend so much time trying to figure out what I am eating for breakfast!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Tomorrow morning will be my first P3 breakfast! After calculating and lots of consideration I have settled on the following:

Breakfast Sandwich:
1 Poached Egg

1 C. Raspberries

It sounds so yummy, but it is so much food! Omg! I am freaking out. I never imagined I would spend so much time trying to figure out what I am eating for breakfast!

This sounds like what I will be eating tomorrow morning. I am loving Phase 3. Yum Yum!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-16-2013, 01:21 AM
I bought almond butter and am waiting to try it. I am pretty stocked up for my breakfasts. I think my first will be an egg mcmuffin type sandwich. The recipes Lizrr has posted look good, so I will be trying some of those as well. I sure hope dairy and grains agree with me. One more day!

love almond butter, and I did have my WF peanut butter.. was so dang good!!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-16-2013, 01:22 AM
I will look for the Oatmeal & Pumpkin breakfast and post it tomorrow!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-16-2013, 01:28 AM

Breakfast Sandwich:
1 Poached Egg

1 C. Raspberries

PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
1 Tbsp Splenda
1 Tbsp Walden Farms pancake syrup

Combine almond milk, water, pumpkin, spices and Splenda in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add oats and cook about 6 minutes or to your preferred consistency.

Drizzle 1 Tbsp Walden Farms pancake syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon over the oatmeal before serving.

Serve with an omelet made from 1 egg + 2 egg whites, and 2 Harvestland chicken sausages on the side for a complete P3 breakfast.

Just oatmeal:
Calories: 224
Protein: 8g
Fat: 5g
Carbs: 41g (31g net carbs)

Oatmeal with omelet & sausage:
Calories: 428
Protein: 32g
Fat: 14g
Carbs: 45g (35g net carbs)

saskgirl
10-16-2013, 01:36 AM

Breakfast Sandwich:
1 Poached Egg

1 C. Raspberries

Good luck with phase three - that sounds like an awesome breakfast!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-16-2013, 07:53 PM
PS.... I am losing weight... just weighed myself. woopydiditydo !

dak1lls
10-16-2013, 09:21 PM
PS.... I am losing weight... just weighed myself. woopydiditydo !

Yippee!

cassieleeanne
10-17-2013, 12:34 PM

Breakfast Sandwich:
1 Poached Egg

1 C. Raspberries

So how did it go? did you enjoy every bite of it???

dak1lls
10-17-2013, 01:03 PM
So how did it go? did you enjoy every bite of it???

It tasted good, but not as good as I had built up in my mind. I was uncomfortably full and actually it made me feel a little sick. I was so lethargic all day and ended up going home early to take a nap! Lol. In all fairness, I had been under the weather all weekend, and stayed home Monday. So, that may have contributed. I kept thinking that I felt similar to my first few days when I started IP. I reduced my breakfast this morning, and it still seems like too much. I am going to try a parfait with granola and fruit tomorrow and see if that settles a little better.

How is maintenance so far?

lisa32989
10-17-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm jumping back on P3 tomorrow.
For thyroid health, I'm not doing more that 6 weeks of p1 again.

I'll be p3-4 until Nov 4 then back to p1 until Dec 15th.
If I still haven't got to 150, I'll come back to P1 on January 5

thinnerJ
10-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Oh my gosh, first day on Phase 3 and I am completely stuffed still, nearly 4 hours later. Problem is, I had a couple set meals in my mind and I accidentally added yogurt to my meal this morning though it should only go in the other one. Basically I nearly doubled my fat intake (coach said bacon was ok) and had about an extra 15g of protein. Fortunately my carbs were only 2g over.

Crazy because I've spent so much time the last week thinking about my breakfasts!

At this point my main thought is to cut back protein later in the day. Other thoughts? I emailed my coach too but she isn't usually online until about 2.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

lisa32989
10-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Oh my gosh, first day on Phase 3 and I am completely stuffed still, nearly 4 hours later. Problem is, I had a couple set meals in my mind and I accidentally added yogurt to my meal this morning though it should only go in the other one. Basically I nearly doubled my fat intake (coach said bacon was ok) and had about an extra 15g of protein. Fortunately my carbs were only 2g over.

Crazy because I've spent so much time the last week thinking about my breakfasts!

At this point my main thought is to cut back protein later in the day. Other thoughts? I emailed my coach too but she isn't usually online until about 2.

My best guess would be to not add any other fat today & carry on.
Stick closer to plan tomorrow and chalk today up as a learning experience!
(and yay for coaches okay'ing bacon!)

Skinnyjeangirl
10-17-2013, 07:43 PM

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Exactly what Lisa said! carry on!! woot woot Phase 3

Skinnyjeangirl
10-17-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm jumping back on P3 tomorrow.
For thyroid health, I'm not doing more that 6 weeks of p1 again.

I'll be p3-4 until Nov 4 then back to p1 until Dec 15th.
If I still haven't got to 150, I'll come back to P1 on January 5

P3-P4 for me to until December 26th! then back to P1 if needed... :D

thinnerJ
10-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Going to bed still feeling bloated, could barely eat anything until after noon! My coach did email and encouraged me to still stick to plan but i just couldn't eat everything today. It isn't like I overate that much at breakfast in the grand scheme of things.

Definitely have a solid plan for tomorrow but still concerned about that quantity.

I was so excited about phase 3, I'm sure I'll get used to eating more, eh?

lisa32989
10-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Going to bed still feeling bloated, could barely eat anything until after noon! My coach did email and encouraged me to still stick to plan but i just couldn't eat everything today. It isn't like I overate that much at breakfast in the grand scheme of things.

Definitely have a solid plan for tomorrow but still concerned about that quantity.

What grain did you eat? I'd be more inclined to blame that than the fat. P3 reintroduces grains quickly but the enzymes to digest have been hybernating. If you are bloated again today, the next day don't eat that grain ( especially if it is wheat)

thinnerJ
10-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Whole wheat English muffin. I've always loved egg sandwiches.

What are your favorite non-wheat grains?

lisa32989
10-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Thinner:
I'm gluten-free due to thyroid so I'm using all gluten-free & paleo foods.
Wheat is notorious for causing bloating, especially if you haven't had it in a while.
Maybe try oatmeal or steel cut oats?

I love egg sandwiches too but can't handle the gluten.
Made a muffin with coconut flour, almond meal, quinoa flour, and flax meal. A bit of work but I feel better :)

dak1lls
10-18-2013, 10:45 AM
I noticed the same bloated feeling. I also ate an english muffin. Still full after eating a granola, greek yogurt, fruit parfait, but not as sick feeling as the two days i ate an egg sandwich on a muffin.

I also just could not eat my lunch. For the first time since starting IP I deviated and didn't follow protocol. I ate my protein soup and no veggies. I did have my dinner though. I seriously was not too hungry even for dinner.

This morning I made Lizrr's apricot baked pancake with peaches because i prefer those. We will see how this goes. It is in the fridge for tomorrow's breakfast. It has wheat in it so it may end up being something that bothers me too. I am beginning to think wheat is a problem as Lisa suggested as a possibility. My SIL read The Wheat Belly Diet and said she will never eat wheat again. After reading a small amount about Paleo eating I am thinking I need to research this for myself as well.,

CrystalWolf
10-18-2013, 01:31 PM
I made a paleo banana bread recipe last night (grain and dairy free both) and had it for breakfast this morning with almond butter and an apple. No added sugar either! I feel much better with this and the other grain free/ dairy free breakfasts I have tried. No gassy bloated tummy so far...

lisa32989
10-18-2013, 03:36 PM
At first I wasn't sure if it was the dairy or added carbs but after some reading, I added the dairy back in.. It was the added GLUTEN FREE carbs!!! I had to ease into those. Wheat is even MORE problematic. I will restrict if not completely eliminate.

thinnerJ
10-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I'm going to try corn tortillas with eggs and granola with yogurt in upcoming meals.

my mom has celiacs, this isn't that but I always wondered if I'd have problems one day. Wheat belly perhaps.

Skinnyjeangirl
10-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Thinner:
I'm gluten-free due to thyroid so I'm using all gluten-free & paleo foods.
Wheat is notorious for causing bloating, especially if you haven't had it in a while.
Maybe try oatmeal or steel cut oats?

I love egg sandwiches too but can't handle the gluten.
Made a muffin with coconut flour, almond meal, quinoa flour, and flax meal. A bit of work but I feel better :)

I too am doing the gluten free bread - nice row of it in Walmart!!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-18-2013, 08:08 PM

How did today go?

Skinnyjeangirl
10-18-2013, 10:18 PM
I made a paleo banana bread recipe last night (grain and dairy free both) and had it for breakfast this morning with almond butter and an apple. No added sugar either! I feel much better with this and the other grain free/ dairy free breakfasts I have tried. No gassy bloated tummy so far...

do you have a recipe for the paleo banana bread?

:D

CrystalWolf
10-18-2013, 10:58 PM
do you have a recipe for the paleo banana bread?

:D
I made it from this blog recipe, don't know if I am allowed to post it but opefully the link works.
http://www.primallyinspired.com/no-sugar-no-grains-easy-and-amazing-banana-bread/

Skinnyjeangirl
10-18-2013, 11:07 PM
I made it from this blog recipe, don't know if I am allowed to post it but opefully the link works.
http://www.primallyinspired.com/no-sugar-no-grains-easy-and-amazing-banana-bread/

worked! thank you:o

thinnerJ
10-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Heavenly! I baked a granny smith apple with cinnamon and stevia, just like apple pie filling and didn't miss the crust. I had milk with gluten free granola and put some of the apple in it too, so good. Turkey sausage also. Chai latte too (half milk in granola half in chai).

I think I have residual bloat from yesterday but so far don't have the overly stuffed feeling. Full though.

Skinnyjeangirl
10-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Heavenly! I baked a granny smith apple with cinnamon and stevia, just like apple pie filling and didn't miss the crust. I had milk with gluten free granola and put some of the apple in it too, so good. Turkey sausage also. Chai latte too (half milk in granola half in chai).

I think I have residual bloat from yesterday but so far don't have the overly stuffed feeling. Full though.

YUM!!!!

Skinnyjeangirl
10-26-2013, 01:16 AM

Making this tomorrow morning!~ Yeah for :hug: Phase 3