Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 09:42 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up JULY Jaded Ladies ~~~

Hi everyone,

Here it is, a thread for women who are supporting each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss. Won't you join us??

Jana
Old 06-28-2003, 09:45 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Here's my last post, just to get us started...

Hi Ladies,

This is the first time I've had ALL DAY to get on line, and I'm just about to go into withdrawal, lol.

Kat - I hope your kitten will be just fine. With YOU caring for it, it's bound to be. Just glad it wasn't the coydog's din-din!

Mel - holy cow, girl! Mowing 1 acre would kill me! That is a real workout, especially with the leg weights on.

Elle - Makena is a beautiful name! Hawaii - I can only dream of ever getting there. Btw - I am not the one who liked The Lovely Bones - it was too sad for me, so I never finished it, but both of my DDs liked it. I think you will, too. But I just kept picturing my daughters at that age, and couldn't take it. I know, I know - I'm a big wussie!!

Well, my nephew went back home today, and it is nice to have the house with no extra people in it. Not that he was any trouble, but you know what I mean.

Then this afternoon, DH dug around to find out why my tall summer phlox weren't coming up, and there were no bulbs left! So we went shopping and bought some new ones. One of the twins went with us, and that was fun.

Tomorrow is weigh in, and I have been good all week, so I am looking forward to it. I had a nsv (non-scale victory) today - I can now button some shirts that I used to wear open with a tank under them!! In this hot weather, one shirt sure feels better than 2.

Later,
Old 06-29-2003, 09:50 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies!

I just got an email from the rescue, and it looks like my sweet puppy comes home on thursday. Im so excited. Its going to seem like a loooong week.
Im glad you like the name, Jana. Its a special place for me, with lots of great memories, so I think a fitting name for a special puppy who will give me some more great memories. (and a few bad ones Im sure!)
Im sorry, I thought it was you that recommended the book. Its an odd book thats for sure. Its such a sad story, but told in such a lighthearted way. Im enjoying it so far, but Im sure Ill have a good cry in there somewhere. I cry at commercials, Im such a sap.
Congrats on the nsv! The little victories are what make you win the battle!

I got some bad news yesterday. My mom called and told me that my 90 year old grannie has bowel cancer. She was always so tough. She didnt have a single serious health problem until she was about 87-88 years old. Now she has heart pains, cataracts..and now this. She is old country Ukrainian, and doesnt speak very good english. So the doctor told my mom, but my mom hasnt told grannie yet. He said to wait until they did some more tests. So my poor mom is walking around the house with this knowledge, and not sure what to do. I feel so bad because Im so far away from them, and theres not much I can do from here.
I can be happy in the knowledge that gran has lived an extremely full and long life. Shes lived with my parents for the last 3 years, so shes been well taken care of, and has had some quality time with the family.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you are finding some time to relax and enjoy your weekends. Mine has been slow and lazy, just the way I wanted it. A few trips to the gym, swimming with the dog, a day at the dogpark (spoiled doggie), a good book on the back deck...topped off with some yummy fat free frozen yogurt. No complaints from me.

Take care everyone. And dont forget the sunscreen!

Michelle
Old 06-29-2003, 12:18 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies!

Mind if I join? This seems like a GREAT thread to be a part of and you ladies seem very supportive of one another, something I am looking for. And a thread that doesn't fade away...I am doing WW and weigh in on Mondays. I will check back later or tomorrow to chat some. Take care ladies and have a good Sunday.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:39 PM   #5  

Hi Cristi and welcome!

Im fairly new here too, but have found everyone to be friendly and supportive.
I look forward to getting to know more about you.

Michelle
Old 06-29-2003, 01:23 PM   #6  

Hello everyone, happy Sunday !

Welcome Christi. I hope you will find this a great thread to be in. Everyone here is very supportive, and as you can tell, if you read our June thread, we like to have fun. We all get a chance to laugh at ourselves here.

Jana, WTG on the shirts! I haven't tried any old new clothes lately, but I have noticed the ones I got back into a couple weeks ago are getting looser. Yeah, me! Don't you hate when you plant flowers, then all of a sudden they don't come up anymore? Maybe that's what's wrong with some of the flowers that I can't get to come up anymore, I'll have to do some research on that.

Michelle, I bet you can't wait until you get Makena home, and what a great name. A new "baby" is always so nice to have. So sorry to hear about your grandmother, keep us posted on how she's doing. I will keep you and her in my thoughts

. Wow, Hawaii, I would love to go there. Take lots of pictures you can share, please.

I'm off to wash and wax my truck. Later. Mel
Old 06-29-2003, 02:37 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down

Hi ladies,

Elle - aww, you're going to have such a nice day Thursday bringing home the new addition. I just love to smell a puppy! So sorry about your grannie. And I feel for your mom, too, since she has to be hurting. Anytime you need to talk about it, we're here for you. Wow, sounds like you're having a very relaxing weekend. You go girl!

Cristi - WELCOME!!!! Yeah, we have a good time here, and support each other all we can. Tell us more about yourself, okay?

Mel - Yes, clothes that get looser and looser sure make me smile! The scale can sometimes lie to us, but our clothes never will.

Speaking of which, I'm down 1 1/2 more this week for a total of 20 pounds even! I love WW, but also love all the support here! You guys are great....

BBL,
Jana
Old 06-29-2003, 11:32 PM   #8  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Well, I just picked up CJ from the vets after his surgery--he's now got an open gaping wound in the middle of his back, and its the size of a half dollar piece. Its a good thing I have a strong stomach, because its nasty looking. I get to inject antibiotics into the wound twice a day and give him pills. Try not to let your kitties become snacks for coydogs, eh?

I'm hoping we can sew the wound up somewhat after we get the infection cleared up so he won't have a huge, scarred bald spot on his back. Our vet is ancient and practices veterinary medicine like it was 1920 (he also charges fees like 1920 which is why we go to him for normal vet care) so he's not always as concerned about the finer points like huge scars. Fortunately, I can get sterile sutures and some local anaesthetic, so I can always sew him up myself if need be. I'll still have to leave the wound partially open, but it'll heal with a much smaller scar if I bring the edges of the wound closer together (perhaps a 2 cm gap rather than the huge gaping wound he currently has).
Old 06-30-2003, 08:57 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Happy Monday Morning!

Kat - I sure hope CJ is better. Closing the wound up a little more after the infection has healed some is probably a real good idea. You're a strong woman to be able to do that without tossin' your cookies!

Carree - hope you are able to join in soon... we miss you.

Hi to the others...

Well, today I'm taking DD16 shopping for school clothes. This will take most of the day and may involve blood, sweat and tears. And SHE might get a little testy, too. I love shopping with her, and she has her own style - she was a throwback to the 60's before it was popular. BUT - the annual back-to-school thing is shopping at it's worst. I am surrounded by teens wanting to be 20-something. I don't pick out her clothes AT ALL - that stopped in 2nd grade - but I like to be there when she tries stuff on. That keeps her away from the hoochy-mama stuff. Some stores have a chair by the dressing rooms, so I'll probably just wait there, especially since I've had so much back trouble.

What are you going to do today?
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 06-30-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:31 AM   #10  

I love Mondays...

I know..Im crazy. I just do. Its probably because I dont work full time anymore. Im sure if I did I would hate them just as much as usual. I love that all my neighbors are at work, that the street is bare of cars. I can walk my doggie to the park and know that I'll be the only one there. I can hang out on my back deck without having to chit chat with the lady next door. I have always been kind of a loner, and prefer to hang out by myself than to socialize with a bunch of people.
Mondays are also 'fresh start' day. No matter what I happened to indulge in on the weekend, I feel like Monday is like New Years day. I can make resolutions, and work all week to keep them.

Jana...I used to love going shopping for new school clothes. My mom would do the same thing, wait outside the dressing room for me to show her everything. I think the clothes were a lot less hoochie then. It was the 80's and all about shoulder pads, super tight jeans and bright neon colors. My mom drew the line at spandex pants for shcool. I thank her now.

Kat...you are a stronger woman than I. I dont know if Id have the stomach to do that. Not that the blood or wound would gross me out....I would be so scared of hurting the kitty. Id probably cry if it made one sound of pain.
BTW...I have never heard of coydog...?

Mel must be out driving around in her clean and waxed truck...

My plans for the day are to puppy proof my house and yard. I have a little area that we dumped extra sand in when we were leakproofing our garage. Im going to frame it in, add some more sand, and have it be a digging area for the dogs.
So that, a trip to the gym, and a bit of gardening should fill my day nicely.

Hello to everyone else! I hope you are all having a great start to your week.

Michelle
Old 06-30-2003, 10:33 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone!

I got my truck done yesterday, there's a lot more truck there than it looks like there is. I would have wrote more yesterday, but dh had the computer all afternoon and evening. By the time he got off it I was way too tired and I know I wouldn't have made a bit of sense.

Kat, I'm with MIchelle, there is no way I could sew up one of my kittys, or my dogs for that matter. I jaust can't stand to see an anmial in pain. I even feel bad if I run over a snake in the road and I hate snakes!

Jana, I always hated buying school clothes, but then I am one of those very rare women who hate to shop, period. As far as the Hootchie clothes go, my parents would have killed me if I wore some of the clothes these girls wear today. If they only knew how terrible they look in them. I know I'm probably a sinyc, but when I see the way some of these youn teenage girls dress I always wonder how long it will be before they are pregnant. More teenage pregnancies today than there were when I was growing up. Think there's a connection?

I'm off again, got to go get new stickers for all the vehicles and get my license renewed before everything expires tomorrow.

HAve a great Monday!!!! Mel
Old 06-30-2003, 03:10 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies and THANK YOU for the welcomes!

Jana, well let's see what would you like to know? I am married with 4 children, 22 year old son, soon to be 23 the end of July, a 21 year old son, a 19 year old daughter and an angel in heaven, a son who was stillborn. I have a doggie named Ernie, he's 1/2 min. schnauzer and 1/2 chihuahua, what a combo! And I am dying to get another puppy soon. I love dogs! Just turned 44 and I am tired of being fat! I started on this weight loss journey once again and for the last time in March. I am doing WW at home and have about 50 pounds to lose. Anything else you want to know just ask. Hope you enjoy your day shopping with DD.

Mel, I agree with Jana about the scales. I was getting so frustrated with not seeing a loss but when I put on a pair of khakis I hadn't worn in a while I was so surprised to see they were loose. So while I may have not lost a pound I did lose inches. of course I will never understand how you can lose inches without losing weight but hey who cares as long as the clothes are loose!

Michelle, I am a little jealous of you, a new puppy and it is soooo very cute! I am dying to get another doggie. Our little Ernie is going to be 8 in September and we have had him since he was 8 weeks old. I also thought about getting a kitten but oldest son has allergies and until he moves out cats are a nono.

Kat, I have to agree with the others. I couldn't stomach sewing up my puppy dog. You definitely are stronger than me. For a while our dog was having seizures and it's horrible to feel so helpless. There was nothing we could do while he was having one. Luckily that was about 4 years ago and he hasn't had one since, knock on wood. The vet thought it was from the kids feeding him people food because they did a bunch of tests and everything was fine and that has stopped, although my son tries to sneak some food to him once in a while. Now, I am one who would run over a snake and not feel bad because I don't like them but I do brake for bunnies and squirrels, call me weird. I hope your kitty is getting better.

Monday is weigh in for me and I am following WW. No loss today for me but I didn't gain so that is always good. Of course I would rather see a loss but wouldn't we all?! Maintaining is something I can definitely deal with.

Well, I hope EVERYONE is having a GREAT Monday! I will try to check back later this evening. Take care.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:06 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Michelle - Only 2 more days til you get the puppy! How will your other dog react to this?

Mel - so you made it out of the DMV and lived to tell it, huh? LOL Actually, our local branch has some very nice employees now, but in past years it seemed as though they had to excell in crankiness to be hired. Regarding girls' retail clothes, my DD16 tried on some pants that even SHE thought was too low-slung! That's pretty darn skimpy! They leave nothing to the imagination. She found some at Old Navy, though, that are not so low, and bought those.

Kat - Glad the kitty is oblivious to the wound! Btw -will the gov allow you more funds for a larger place now that DS is living with you? You should be able to have a separate bedroom for girls and boys, I think.

Christi - thanks for sharing the info about yourself! It's nice to know a little about each other. I love dogs, too, and have 3 of them. A mutt and 2 beagles.

Well, the shopping today with DD was great. The mall really wasn't very crowded, and she got just about everything she needs except shoes. I planned ahead and had the Chicken Strip Salad at Chick-Fil-A, for 7.5 WW points, and 1.5 for the FF Honey Mustard Dressing. That's a little high for a lunch, but my dinner was low points.

Better go for now,
Jana
Old 06-30-2003, 10:36 PM   #14  

Hello everyone!

Kat, how great that the kitty doesn't even seem to feel the wound. If it was me I would probably be bawling like a baby. I just don't know if I could squeeze the yuck out of his head or not. That might just take me to the gross out point. Strange I could do all that stuff for my stepson and it didn't gross me out but I don't think I could do it to an animal.

Cristi, thanks for all the info about yourself. 1/2 min. schnauzer and 1/2 chihuahau?! What a combo, if you can you'll have to send us a picture of him. I totally agree with you about the scales being frustrating, but my dr. says that if it doesn't show a loss in pounds but I have a loss in measurements it is because I am putting on muscle. As long as I don't turn ou to be the world's strongest fat chick

Jana, yes I made it out alive. It's not so much that the women are cranky, they are just SOOOOO slow. There were 10 people in front of me and it took them an hour to get to me. Frustating!! Glad to hear you got most of the shopping done and trat your dd has class and taste when it comes to clothes.

I am now officially 3 days into my vegetarian diet and so far, so good. I tried a piece of smoked sausage tonight , it tasted terrible to me and I felt awful after I ate it. Just so bloated and blah. Have a great Tuesday everyone. Mel
Old 06-30-2003, 10:41 PM   #15  

Just one quick question everyone. Did anybody else happen to watch the movie "Ceasar" tonight and last night on TNT? Just wondering if you did, what you thought of it. We were very disappointed with it. Mel
Closed Thread