Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 1

Pages : [1] 2

AliExpat
10-08-2013, 09:41 AM
So *&^% happens, we forget, life gets in the way and sometimes we just want to. For whatever reason we taste a morsel that's not OP...we do. We're human and imperfect and that's ok. Some weeks we are on point some weeks we're not. Life isn't linear just like weight loss isn't either. So here's to the 90%, the B students, the Jr. Varsity team!

You're still on your journey, your road just isn't smooth...it has a few potholes. My pothole was yesterday afternoon when I had a piece of chocolate because I didn't feel right. BTW, it tasted horrible!! All in all out of six weeks on IP I've deviated and had a total of one piece of chocolate, 2oz of full half and half (a splash in my coffee for four days), and a total of 3 strips of bacon (pieces stolen from my DH's breakfast over the past 6 weeks). What was the consequence of these "cheats"? 25lbs down. So can I deal with my faux pas? Yeah, I can. Will I continue? No, not every week because, again, life isn't perfect.

tauthier
10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm in! I was thinking of starting this thread too! Thank you!!

AliExpat
10-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Wow Teresa, you look great!! You still have the same pretty face :-)

You're almost at your goal? Congrats!!! Well done!!!

nolasmurf
10-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Thank you Ali for starting the thread! In my weeks I've had alcohol, a few pieces of cheese and some chocolate. Still down 26 lbs! ;)

I refuse to beat myself up over the slip ups. I applaud those folks who can be 100% all the time but that's just not me.

DJ72
10-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I have found a home!!!!! Yaaay!
Life is not perfect and neither am I. My goal is to stay 100% but sometimes it doesn't happen.
I lost 30 lbs from Jan-March with only a few cheats. And they were a whiskey or vodka with diet beverage. It was that or Prozac. And I didn't feel the least bit guilty. I felt better! After that it was nose to the grindstone and 100%.
The real harm is not in the one bite or the one drink... It is if you ALLOW to consider that a failure and then not get back on track. Because we all are smart enough to know that we won't reach our goal if we continuously cheat.
Here's to us....

AliExpat
10-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Hey...bottom line, we're all adults. And if we slip we slip. And if we need a place for non-judgemental support, we should have it. The internet is big enough for all, darn it!! *stepping down off my soapbox now*

DJ72
10-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Oh no! Stand tall on your soapbox our fearless leader!
I think that the minute one person starts to criticize on here, they should be asked to not post again. NOBODY here needs to read the crap that was written on the other thread. I was pretty much slammed in March for mentioning my having an alcoholic beverage and soda. Not cool!
And I don't believe anybody is trying to be a troll by mentioning deviating off the plan.
Support here only!

Sunflower40
10-08-2013, 10:44 AM
awesome thread and good for you for posting it!!

DJ72
10-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey Sunflower! I like your goals! Veryreasonable and healthy! Good on you! And look at what you have lost. Great job!

Meeshellee
10-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Sometimes I have turkey bacon with my crispy cereal pancake or a slice of cheese or normal salad dressing...the consequences for this? Losing 50 lbs in 10 wks. Maybe it would have been 60 lbs in 10 wks without the cheats, but I did what I needed to do to keep my sanity.

kaplods
10-08-2013, 10:58 AM
90%ers may also feel welcome in The Simple Diet thread (the "Dr. Anderson's simple diet" thread) or in the new "General Meal Replacement Thread" I started.

I'm following "The Simple Diet" which shares about 80-90% in common with IP (except that exercise is expected and limited sources of extra calories are available to those who need them).

I created the General Meal Replacement Thread out of desperation. The "Dr Anderson's simple diet" thread is small and not incredibly active, so while I still post there (and the hmr thread, because HMR was the model for The Simple Diet), I also have been lurking in ALL of the meal replacement threads for support and ideas, but posting caused friction with 100%ers.

I'm hoping that I'm not the only one who believes that we need a place where all meal replacement users can come together to share tips and support without quibbling over plan specifics.

I think our common interests, goals, needs, and challenges are more important than the differences.

Sunflower40
10-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Hey Sunflower! I like your goals! Veryreasonable and healthy! Good on you! And look at what you have lost. Great job!

Thank you. I am taking it slow and steady. That makes it more liveable in my opinion. If I have a few slip ups I don't beat myself up for it nor do I use it as an excuse to go off plan for the entire day or the entire weekend.

My cheats are as follows:
almonds (maybe 6 at times)
cheese (1 babybel)
extra egg
and a full cup of almond milk in my shake every morning (30 calories)

so there, I said it!:D
I feel free:D

Sunflower40
10-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Sometimes I have turkey bacon with my crispy cereal pancake or a slice of cheese or normal salad dressing...the consequences for this? Losing 50 lbs in 10 wks. Maybe it would have been 60 lbs in 10 wks without the cheats, but I did what I needed to do to keep my sanity.

awesome job
I have used full fat dressing from day one
I refuse to use WF, it sucks:D

jmanovich
10-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Ahhh! This is fabulous! My dream come true for this forum! So excited for us!!! Lets prove to everyone that you can follow IP your own way and be successful...always within reason of course. I think its important to state from the outset that we are not advocating eating McDonalds fries and white rice. We are talking eating the carrots in a bagged salad, using "unapproved" low calorie salad dressing as an alternative to the icky walden farms, using non dairy creamer in our coffee...things that are so small calorie/sugar/carb wise that it has a negligible effect on our losses. We still are on IP! Don't let anyone let us think otherwise!!! :carrot:

KryssyBee
10-08-2013, 11:10 AM
I sneak in a couple chips every few nights lol! Not an entire handful, but a few bites here and there, it has allowed me to keep my sanity:dizzy: I don't care how many people say that alternatives and IP have some things comparable to chips, to me they just aren't lol.

On another topic... I've heard of weird dreams, but my dream on the weekend takes the cake. It's still haunting me today!!
Basically, the cal-mag pills, those giant suckers, they were like parasites. Half of them was sticking out of me everywhere (feet, hands, my arms, even my EARS!). It was painful to remove and they kept coming out of my skin like worms. I woke up and quickly checked myself.

I may be beginning to resent all the pills I'm downing. Now today, because hair loss is starting to happen and just the shirt I'm wearing, pulling a hair out of my shirt was an unwanted flashback ! :devil: It's official, I've lost it!

DJ72
10-08-2013, 11:10 AM
We all sound like we are in rehab on the 12 step program. Lol.
"Sometimes I have turkey bacon...." Lol. Oh my. You DIDN'T!!!!!
It's all about accountability and doing what you need to do to stay focused on you goal, right? And we ALL know we cannot cheat all of the time and still lose.
Make healthy choices and keep sane!!!!!

Meeshellee
10-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Ahhh! This is fabulous! My dream come true for this forum! So excited for us!!! Lets prove to everyone that you can follow IP your own way and be successful...always within reason of course. I think its important to state from the outset that we are not advocating eating McDonalds fries and white rice. We are talking eating the carrots in a bagged salad, using "unapproved" low calorie salad dressing as an alternative to the icky walden farms, using non dairy creamer in our coffee...things that are so small calorie/sugar/carb wise that it has a negligible effect on our losses. We still are on IP! Don't let anyone let us think otherwise!!! :carrot:

Exactly. I find it kind of insulting when people say to go to a different forum if you aren't 100%. I have a cupboard full of foil packets and pay $100/wk. This forum isn't called ideal protein...100% only. Lol

It's funny how everyone seems so liberated after their "confessions".

kcandponies
10-08-2013, 11:11 AM
I am so glad this thread has been started....I almost left the folrum completely because I couldn't handle being criticized.

I am TRYING to be 100%. But honestly it is tough. Most days I do well, feel well and am steadily losing, although slower than most others here. I have lost 13# in 5 weeks.

My coach is very strict, not very nice, and the only time I have needed some support or encouragement, I emailed her and never had a response. I am thinking of stocking up on IP food and not going back, although I paid a hefty fee to join.

I am not going to describe my "cheats", most are worse than what has been listed, but they are NOT willpower related. Maybe someone else can identify....every 4 or 5 days after being 100%, I have a bad day. Bad meaning I am exhausted, can barely get out of bed. I go to work and feel like a zombie all day, foggy brain, headache, tired, cranky, dizzy, lightheaded. On these days, I have cravings and have been adding limited carbs in the evening usually, and I eat much more than normal (I dont measure protein or veggies) I add extra fat too, as this seems to help. The first day this happened I ate peanuts, and felt 100% better within 2 hours. I don't know if I am hypoglycemic or over do the activity...but whatever it is, I feel physically ill.

My goal every day is to be 100% and like I said most days I am successful. But I would not say this has been easy, and I have less energy than normal.
I still have a ways to go to reach goal, but am committed to making it there!

DJ72
10-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Oh and btw... Do not do what I did this summer. Beer almost every day with hot dogs and hamburgers and potato chips! I gained back 21 of my 30 lbs I had lost. Will I do it again? No! Not to that extent. Because not being able to breathe in my new jeans that I love so much sucks!
Everything in moderation after the big loss. Lifestyle change will be the only way to maintain.

AliExpat
10-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I see this forum as a bit of fun and support during the work day. I have a very busy high pressure job in finance here in Cayman and I have dealings with people all over the world. I have to juggle deadlines between 4 different time zones, high pressure clients and multi-millions of dollars. I got enough pressure in real life, don't need to feel like a naughty child on a diet forum. No one should.

DJ72
10-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I am so glad this thread has been started....I almost left the folrum completely because I couldn't handle being criticized.

I am TRYING to be 100%. But honestly it is tough. Most days I do well, feel well and am steadily losing, although slower than most others here. I have lost 13# in 5 weeks.

My coach is very strict, not very nice, and the only time I have needed some support or encouragement, I emailed her and never had a response. I am thinking of stocking up on IP food and not going back, although I paid a hefty fee to join.

I am not going to describe my "cheats", most are worse than what has been listed, but they are NOT willpower related. Maybe someone else can identify....every 4 or 5 days after being 100%, I have a bad day. Bad meaning I am exhausted, can barely get out of bed. I go to work and feel like a zombie all day, foggy brain, headache, tired, cranky, dizzy, lightheaded. On these days, I have cravings and have been adding limited carbs in the evening usually, and I eat much more than normal (I dont measure protein or veggies) I add extra fat too, as this seems to help. The first day this happened I ate peanuts, and felt 100% better within 2 hours. I don't know if I am hypoglycemic or over do the activity...but whatever it is, I feel physically ill.

My goal every day is to be 100% and like I said most days I am successful. But I would not say this has been easy, and I have less energy than normal.

HANG IN THERE!!! Look at your losses already! Be proud! And if you feel physically sick then you need to do something to feel better. Just go for the relief with the least damage I say. And DO NOT beat yourself up!!!!!
The only thing I think you should give up on bus that coach. Why do a few of them have to be so mean? You can do this on your own. I have followed the IP plan but never bought any of their foods. It can be done. But stocking up would be good to give you more variety as I find my alternative products limited for snacks and pudding and cereals is you like that stuff
Heels down, toes up, shoulders back and enjoy the ride!!!!

cassieleeanne
10-08-2013, 11:27 AM
I think everyone needs to cheat every once in a while. I have been on the program since May and I have had a few cheats, normally going out of town or celebrating turning 30, I wanted to enjoy those moments and new what the consequences were. Did i gain yes, but I got right back on the program, worked out and the weight was gone in less than a week. So yes it has set me back but it was well worth it.

Maxxy
10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I grew up going to Catholic school, and this is like when we would have to go to confession and think up "sins" so we had something to tell the priest! lol

I have been 99.99 cheat free. I did have a glass of wine last Saturday, as I had reached my goal and it was my birthday.

That being said, I will never condemn people for a cheat. We are not compelled to post on these pages and if we choose to do so, people should not be disciplined like a child.

I post here and the 100% page but personally, all the drama can go away anytime now!

I like to post for encouragement. I am the happiest I have been in my whole life and I want to spread it around!!

Have a great day all...

kcandponies
10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
HANG IN THERE!!! Look at your losses already! Be proud! And if you feel physically sick then you need to do something to feel better. Just go for the relief with the least damage I say. And DO NOT beat yourself up!!!!!
The only thing I think you should give up on bus that coach. Why do a few of them have to be so mean? You can do this on your own. I have followed the IP plan but never bought any of their foods. It can be done. But stocking up would be good to give you more variety as I find my alternative products limited for snacks and pudding and cereals is you like that stuff
Heels down, toes up, shoulders back and enjoy the ride!!!!

DJ - Thanks! I am very proud of what I have lost - even went shopping with a friend this weekend and she talked me into trying on a size L dress at Ann Taylor, just to see if it will look good when I am thin. It actually fit now, with me barely sucking in my stomach, and I bought it. Hooray for NSV!!!!!

I am playing with what extra food helps me on bad days. Trying to stick with low carb (like the peanuts), but sometimes I have to have a few corn chips or something healthy with carbs.

The best thing is, the day after my bad/cheat days, other than being a little hungry, I usually feel fine!

DJ72
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Hang in there Kryssybee!!! You pal over here in SK went through the hairloss thing and it does come back! Trust me or I would not be back on it!!!
So. My first WI today. It is at home here... I am my jury and judge and here it is..... 5.6 lbs down and 4 1/2 inches less. Whoop whoop. Prolly even a little more because I am not measuring my arms this time. Annoying trying to do that by yourself! I was hoping for 7 lbs like the first time I did IP BUTTTT look at the inches!!!!!
Happy day!

sjerrott
10-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Soooooo thrilled to find this!!! I've been looking for some help re: choices when I do decide to have a small slip (which have been very few) -for example, yesterday I was at a wonderful brunch with homemade waffles with fruit topping and scones. So, I chose to eat a devilled egg (probably had mayo) and some bacon. I did a ketostick 5 hours afterwards and had remained in ketosis (unless it takes longer than that to get knocked out of ketosis). So I'm guessing I shouldn't have had anything, but perhaps bacon is better than a waffle?

ktgrrl
10-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi there. I just wanted to thank everyone for posting. I too have felt very shunned and pushed out by some others on this board. I'm glad that for some, it's easy, they have the willpower and keep 100% on plan. But me? I'm not that girl. If I'm 90% 90% of the time, I'm pretty darn happy. Let's all just be realistic and say that none of us got to where we are by practicing amazing willpower.

And yes, here I am, confessing my sins. For our anniversary at the beginning of Sept., my husband and I went out for Brazilian BBQ. It was amazing. We did the same for my birthday at the end of Sept. And we go for brunch sometimes. Yep, I do it. And I eat BACON! It's delicious!! And sometimes, at dinner, with our eggs, we eat TURKEY BACON *scandalized gasp!*! I know!!

So, this is my little thank you and funny post today. You guys seem much more my speed. I hope this keeps going.

Thanks!

Mysticaldreamzz
10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm really happy to see this thread.

I've been doing IP using alternatives, and I also have a greek yogurt every day.
I've been keeping track of everything on MFP, and I've been in Moderate ketosis and losing weight right on track.

DJ72
10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
I just got back from my barn and I am DEVASTATED! My kittens are dying. My poor skinny Mom cat must not have enough milk for them. I know that one and possible two of the six are dead in their little nest. I can't touch them. I am sick and saddened to the core! Hoping I don't lose my Mom cat too. Took her some extra food and warm milk replacer that we had for previously abandoned kittens. I know this is nature and it happens and that is life on the farm but PLEASE don't anybody say that to me right now. Gonna have me a protein shake and just cry for a bit. Please keep the funnies going in this link today because I really need some humor right now!

kcandponies
10-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Soooooo thrilled to find this!!! I've been looking for some help re: choices when I do decide to have a small slip (which have been very few) -for example, yesterday I was at a wonderful brunch with homemade waffles with fruit topping and scones. So, I chose to eat a devilled egg (probably had mayo) and some bacon. I did a ketostick 5 hours afterwards and had remained in ketosis (unless it takes longer than that to get knocked out of ketosis). So I'm guessing I shouldn't have had anything, but perhaps bacon is better than a waffle?

Anything with carbohydrates should be avoided. I assume most of you are like me, and tried a hundred diets before IP. I did south beach, and I am not a doctor, but understand that ketosis occurs when your body burns protein instead of carbs. I think the daily max for carbs is 25 grams on Atkins, and they eat bacon, cheese, and nuts. Not saying these are ok! I truely believe IP works because of low carb (ketosis) and low calorie combined.

kcandponies
10-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I just got back from my barn and I am DEVASTATED! My kittens are dying. My poor skinny Mom cat must not have enough milk for them. I know that one and possible two of the six are dead in their little nest. I can't touch them. I am sick and saddened to the core! Hoping I don't lose my Mom cat too. Took her some extra food and warm milk replacer that we had for previously abandoned kittens. I know this is nature and it happens and that is life on the farm but PLEASE don't anybody say that to me right now. Gonna have me a protein shake and just cry for a bit. Please keep the funnies going in this link today because I really need some humor right now!

Poor kitties!!! So sorry! Can you take them from momma and give some KMR?? How are the other 4 doing? Maybe....maybe she can only nurse 4 and they will be just fine with less competition. Hope they all pull through!

If you can handle Momma cat, can you give her a supplement like Nutri-Cal? If she is a fist time mom, she may be in a little shock and nerves will cause her milk to slow as well.

trishthayer
10-08-2013, 12:52 PM
DJ72 sorry you are sad. Enjoy your shake put some cinnamon or chili spice in it!!!

As to everyone else great start of the 90% thread!!

Rhonduz
10-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Thank you so much for starting this thread. I lost 50 lbs last year and then my mother got sick. She was in and out of the hospital five times since last November. Weight started creeping up in April and with several attempts to get it back together I just couldn't. Her health became increasingly worse in late August and she passed away sept. 12. I have decided it is time for me again and have been 98% for nearly three weeks. I definetly need support and I hope this is the place for me. Thank you all for your posts!

nolasmurf
10-08-2013, 01:02 PM

OH NO DJ! I'm so sorry! :hug::hug::hug:

MidgieMoon
10-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Awesome thread. I try my best, but sometimes I have a cooked onion or an extra chunk of tomatoes. 30 pounds off, I guess I am ok :). My coach lectures me because I work out a lot, but it's tough to argue with results (I love her anyway!) Oh, and I love Teresa's photo, what a lovely lady!

NinjaNurse
10-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Interesting post and I like it!! I have had numerous slip-ups the closer I get to the end. I wonder if some of it is psychological. Once back on track, the 'weight' comes off. Remember, 3000 calories = a real lb of fat.

I have always had a problem with binge eating. I have a ton of stress right now and am not proud to say, I have had 3 binges in the past 3wks. I fear this last one will not come off as easily. But I know what I did and am already in repair mode.

That's all we can do and then move on.

schenectady
10-08-2013, 01:21 PM

I am so sorry that you are facing that today. As an animal lover, I cannot imagine the pain of helplessly facing this. I am crying with you.

tauthier
10-08-2013, 01:22 PM
sorry everyone! Those photos were from last year when I lost about 35 pounds....guess what? I gained it all back plus one....MAD MAD MAD at myself.
BUT I'm back on it and thinking this is how I need to live to keep it off. SO, I'm thinking of it as a lifestyle and yes, I have a LITTLE wine every now and then. A lot less than I used to. I did pretty good up until the new year. The first of February I decided to go on WW. WELL, I didn't stay on it and next thing I knew I was up 20 more pounds. This summer I decided to do the MS 150 mile (2 days) bike ride to help me lose weight. Didn't lose anything.
So I started back on Ideal Protein the beginning of September. I've lost 11 pounds in about a month.
I will post pictures again when I get to goal.
Thanks for your kind words! I hadn't posted in a long time so was shocked when my photo popped up in my signature.
So happy this board was started!
Teresa

trishthayer
10-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Thank you so much for starting this thread. I lost 50 lbs last year and then my mother got sick. She was in and out of the hospital five times since last November. Weight started creeping up in April and with several attempts to get it back together I just couldn't. Her health became increasingly worse in late August and she passed away sept. 12. I have decided it is time for me again and have been 98% for nearly three weeks. I definetly need support and I hope this is the place for me. Thank you all for your posts!
Welcome and (hopefully) this will be a place for us 90%, or what ever % you are! I have been 100% and 80% but for me I feel better when I eat a tad more, usually an extra unrestricted packet a day. I have more energy and I feel healthier.
What do you guys think of Pam or non stick cooking spray? Do you use and or count it?

slow2lose
10-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I was on OP a year ago and made it to goal having done a few tweaks. I gained about 10 pounds now and want to get it off, so came back and saw the other thread - I was about to start the 90% one since I haven't posted on here in months and months and really don't care about being judged LOL.

Here is one for you: my IP Coach has spoken with the IP doc, and even he has said that one ounce a cheese a day isn't so bad and I've been doing that from time to time. Maybe in those weeks I'm not losing as much, but my losses have always been in the 1.5 - 2 pound range cheese or no cheese.

sarahBell
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM

OMG. Poor Momma and babies :( :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I will cry right along with you. I am 4 hours away from my parents and family, I want to be there to help them rebuild their life but I cant. I have my own family to take care of. we are 4 days out and I am still crying and will for a very long time.

kaplods
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM
I just want to say you guys are AWESOME, and ask you all if it would be ok for me tohang out here sometimes.

You all are the reason I read (and used to post) in the IP forum. Not long ago, I vowed I'd never post in an IP thread again, because I got tired of getting my metaphorical hand slapped. I even stopped lurking for a while, but I missed the support.

Even though I'm on The Simple Diet and not on IP, I was drawn to the IP forums initually because I needed to find a less choices, quick prep plan that I could afford.
IP was the most active forum and I figured the best to learn from and try to duplicate.

I would never have found TSD if it weren't for the supportive, compassionate and tolerant IPers who helped me directly and indirectly find 90% alternatives and who understood my difficulty in following ANY plan 100% (or sometimes even 50%).

For most of my life, I failed at weight loss more than I succeeded, because I only had two modes. 100% on a strict plan, and 100% binge.

For me, there was no slippery slope. In fact, there was no slope at all. I was either 100% dedicated to a very strict regimen, or I was shoveling into my mouth, everything in sight until my stomach felt like it would burst.

Learning to "live on the slope" has been an incredible life-altering experience for me. I would still be on the binge/deprive cycle if I hadn't learned to live on the slope..

If you guys think TSD is "too different" from IP for me to fit in, I'll understand and continue to lurk without posting. Even just lurking here will be a pleasure and a breath of fresh air.

slow2lose
10-08-2013, 01:45 PM
KAPLODS!! I remember you - you were posting around the time I was on the program - great to see you here!!!! :hug:

What is TSD? Never heard of it. . .

I just want to say you guys are AWESOME, and ask you all if it would be ok for me tohang out here sometimes.

You all are the reason I read (and used to post) in the IP forum. Not long ago, I vowed I'd never post in an IP thread again, because I got tired of getting my metaphorical hand slapped. I even stopped lurking for a while, but I missed the support.

Even though I'm on The Simple Diet and not on IP, I was drawn to the IP forums initually because I needed to find a less choices, quick prep plan that I could afford.
IP was the most active forum and I figured the best to learn from and try to duplicate.

I would never have found TSD if it weren't for the supportive, compassionate and tolerant IPers who helped me directly and indirectly find 90% alternatives and who understood my difficulty in following ANY plan 100% (or sometimes even 50%).

For most of my life, I failed at weight loss more than I succeeded, because I only had two modes. 100% on a strict plan, and 100% binge.

For me, there was no slippery slope. In fact, there was no slope at all. I was either 100% dedicated to a very strict regimen, or I was shoveling into my mouth, everything in sight until my stomach felt like it would burst.

Learning to "live on the slope" has been an incredible life-altering experience for me. I would still be on the binge/deprive cycle if I hadn't learned to live on the slope..

If you guys think TSD is "too different" from IP for me to fit in, I'll understand and continue to lurk without posting. Even just lurking here will be a pleasure and a breath of fresh air.

kcandponies
10-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Kaplods - I totally agree with your 100% description - all or none! This is why all my diets fail...I cheat then it's oh well I screwed up, the diet is over. I too stopped posting and lurking here on IP because it wasn't giving me the support I needed, just more all or none theory.

HELLO - that is not how life works!!!! In the past few weeks I have been 80% on IP, and the other 20% I have made MUCH better choices than I normally would have. I want to feel happy and proud of what I have accomplished and the decisions I make, not "if you are not 100% IP, don't bother". Losing weight is HARD, we need all the positivity and support we can get.

Love that this thread is on page 3 and NO NEGATIVITY so far!

Let's keep it up!!! (and I welcome you to join the converstaion... even on TSD)

Rhonduz
10-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Thank you Ali for starting the thread! In my weeks I've had alcohol, a few pieces of cheese and some chocolate. Still down 26 lbs! ;)

I refuse to beat myself up over the slip ups. I applaud those folks who can be 100% all the time but that's just not me.

I also like my alcohol probably more than most should. I lost 50 lbs last year without giving it up. I did however forego the restricted packet when I drank and only used water as a mixer.

slow2lose
10-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know why cheese and/or nuts aren't allowed on Phase 1-2? I've never been able to figure it out. I'm talking about very limited amounts, like 1 ounce of cheese per day. I've done that at times and it's been my absolute lifesaver and my IP coach is OK with it. I just don't know why it isn't allowed. . . would love to know the reasoning if any one else does.

I even did a head to head comparison on the nutritional info between one ounce of hard cheddar cheese and one IP packet and it's very similar.

AliExpat
10-08-2013, 02:17 PM

Ouch! Sorry DJ72. :hug:

AliExpat
10-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Welcome and (hopefully) this will be a place for us 90%, or what ever % you are! I have been 100% and 80% but for me I feel better when I eat a tad more, usually an extra unrestricted packet a day. I have more energy and I feel healthier.
What do you guys think of Pam or non stick cooking spray? Do you use and or count it?

Hmmm, I just looked online and it looks like PAM original has 0/0/0 so you should be ok to use it.

trucolours88
10-08-2013, 02:26 PM
I never post here due to a lot of the drama but I just wanted to share that I was on ideal protein 3 different times over the course of 2011/2012 and lost 98lbs, eating normal salad dressings the whole time.

AliExpat
10-08-2013, 02:33 PM

Wow!! You're almost at goal. I admire all of you guys that are so close to goal. It reminds me that it can be done. Bravo!! :carrot::carrot:

slow2lose
10-08-2013, 02:44 PM
I never post here due to a lot of the drama but I just wanted to share that I was on ideal protein 3 different times over the course of 2011/2012 and lost 98lbs, eating normal salad dressings the whole time.

What ones if you don't mind me asking. . . . did you stay in ketosis? The WF dressings make me want to heave, and there is only so long I can do oil and vinegar and mustard. I would love ideas. . . .

sarahBell
10-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Hello my name is sarahBell and I am 90%-er. I lick-taste-nibble-crunch-sniff something that is Not IP friendly. I am human and have taste buds that carry a dominant sweet tooth.

I am doing my best to stay OP but I am not as strong as the 100%-ers...maybe someday I will be, but today I am not. Thank you. :^:

trucolours88
10-08-2013, 02:52 PM
What ones if you don't mind me asking. . . . did you stay in ketosis? The WF dressings make me want to heave, and there is only so long I can do oil and vinegar and mustard. I would love ideas. . . .

I used whatever my heart desired...ranch, Italian, French, cucumber...i didn't overdue it, i tried my best to stay around the serving size....I couldn't get a salad down without the dressing, and had many bad experiences with WF so I did what I had to, and if it meant being on IP an extra week because I only lost 1.6lbs instead of 1.8 that week then whatever, I did what I had to for me.

ktgrrl
10-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Holy cow! I feel like I finally found my place to belong. Thank you!!! :hug:

For DJ and the loss of the kittens - Looks like you're making a good choice. Having your shake and taking care of yourself? Good job! I know that for me, in a situation like this, I would attempt to "medicate" myself with food. So you rock for making a good choice!! And I hope all turns out well with the kittens. Just reading your post made my heart sad. :hug:

To Rhonda (I hope I got that right) - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I went through something similar in 2008 and remembering makes my heart ache for you and yours. I'm sending you lots and lots of love, and hope that in the end, all works out for you. :hug::hug:

And to everyone else - Thank you thank you thank you!!! It means a lot to me to have a safe place to talk about how hard this is, and how sh***y I feel when I mess up, and how hard I am on myself. I hope everyone keeps up their hard work, because all we can truly do is our very best every single day. And even if that's not up to someone else's standard? Who cares! Know that you tried, you did what you could, and tomorrow is another chance to rock it out! :grouphug:

kcandponies
10-08-2013, 03:00 PM

Slow2lose....on other low carb diets it is ok to use any dressing with 0 carbs - no sugar in the ingredients. Newman's dressing has no sugar and Ken's ranch and blue cheese have <1 g carbs. Since these are full of fat and calories, I would use sparingly....and not every day.

Once a week I treat myself to a salad with normal dressing, but keep the veggies and meat IP.

Again, not saying these are ok to use, and are not part of IP (feel like I need a disclaimer!)

Meeshellee
10-08-2013, 03:01 PM
This is awesome. I love that the comment I made in the other thread "maybe we should start a 90% thread for those of us that don't pick the carrots out of packaged salad" has turned into such a great group. I'm glad someone else had the guts to start this thread and it's allowing people to speak up who maybe didn't feel like they had a voice or a place before. :) Welcome all. We can lose weight and keep our sanity!

For the question about nuts and cheese, I think it's not on the list due to the fat content, but I'm just guessing on that. I have cheese sometime...but just a very small amount (like if a house salad comes with shredded cheese on the top). I enjoy it and don't feel guilty about it one bit. On the same note, I don't ever go out and order a plate of nachos. I've found balance. :)

SarahBell - your post really did make me Laugh Out Loud. :)

ktgrrl
10-08-2013, 03:03 PM

I completely understand, and hope I speak for everyone (and I think I do) when I say YES!! Please hang out with us! You have clearly done some really really hard work! And dangit! You deserve credit! I personally, sought out this forum for support and information. I also ended up lurking more than chatting because I felt like I wasn't "enough" (my own personal struggle) anytime I talked about how hard this was for me. So you? You get extra big super awesome :hug:

trishthayer
10-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I sometimes mix full fat dressing with WF dressing....it works well for me!

slow2lose
10-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Slow2lose....on other low carb diets it is ok to use any dressing with 0 carbs - no sugar in the ingredients. Newman's dressing has no sugar and Ken's ranch and blue cheese have <1 g carbs. Since these are full of fat and calories, I would use sparingly....and not every day.

Once a week I treat myself to a salad with normal dressing, but keep the veggies and meat IP.

Again, not saying these are ok to use, and are not part of IP (feel like I need a disclaimer!)

Good to know, thanks. . . . I'm well aware of what is and isn't allowed and what is not considered 100% so no worries. :D It's about staying 100% sane too LOL.

evepet
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM

On your *bad* days have you tried putting about 1/4 tsp of Himalayan sea salt in 8 oz water and drinking that? Or doing the 'salt lick' - put about that amount of salt in the palm of your hand, lick it clean, and then drink a glass of water. That used to help me get through times of feeling that slightly dizzy, light-headed, weak and sometimes head-achy feeling. I recall it being included in the info originally given to me at the IP clinic. If this suggestion is new to you, try it first next time before eating additional carbs.

ktgrrl
10-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I sometimes mix full fat dressing with WF dressing....it works well for me!

OHHH!! This is a good idea. I don't particularly like the WF dressings as they're weirdly sweet and a little ick, imo. But like the idea of cutting the full fat with the WF to help balance out.

kaplods
10-08-2013, 03:32 PM
KAPLODS!! I remember you - you were posting around the time I was on the program - great to see you here!!!! :hug:

What is TSD? Never heard of it. . .

TSD is my shorthand for "The Simple Diet," from the book (of the same name) by Dr. James Anderson and dietician, Nancy Gustafson. The plan is modeled after HMR products and program (except you buy your own products from the grocery store).

HMR (Health Management Resources) is THE leading provider of weight loss products and programs used by medical institutions such as hospitals, medical schools, clinics, and weight loss research programs.

The basic, first phase of the plan is 3 "shakes" (or equivalent meal replacements) + 2 "entrees" + 5 or more servings of veggies + a goal of an estimated 2000 calories per week burned in exercise.

evepet
10-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Interesting thread. :)

I lost 60 lbs between April '12 to April '13 following what I'll describe as a 'slightly basterdized' version of IP.

I joined through an IP clinic in my town, but stayed with them for only 1 week... finished the remainder of the time (and as you can see it took me a year) basically following the IP protocol, but using alternative products.

Being in Canada - and deciding to avoid the customs & shipping fees on orders from Nashua Nutrition and the other American'packet suppliers' that I'd heard of here - I searched for Canadian Cos that would have suitable products; and while I found some, the variety was limited. So I sometimes substituted with things that were 'as good as possible'... but perhaps not totally 100% perfect matches.

It's hard to know whether my weight loss would have been faster if I'd stayed 100% IP-compliant, with 'perfect' packets. My weight loss was pretty slow. Except for the first 2 weeks, I lost about 1 lb/week for most of the time. There were a few weeks in there with a 0 weight loss. But I'm also 62, menopausal, and have yo-yo'd so much over the past 30 years that I didn't anticipate a quick weight loss. For me, allowing myself that little 'wiggle room' of flexibility to use what some here call 'packet hacks'... or other low carb items that weren't 100% ... kept me going and helped me achieve my final goal. I stayed low carb all the way through though, so as far as I'm aware I didn't ever knock myself out of ketosis.

And I also logged all my food/drink daily into www.fatsecret.com. This really helped give me a daily overview of how my day was shaping up in terms of % of protein/fat/carbs, etc. And how my sodium intake was from day to day. I tried to keep my day's worth of food/drink as close as possible to at least 45% from protein, no more than 30% from fat, and the remainder from carbs. And I checked consistently to ensure my carb intake didn't go over 50g. My daily calorie count was most always between 800-1000.

I'm back for a Re-start, and things are going well. Thankfully, I got myself back under control before I did too much damage with regain, and I intend to stick with my 'roughly equivalent to P1' program until Christmas.

While in maintenance though, I did realize that I can never return to eating carbs or sugars the way I used to. They are a siren song for me, just tempting me to 'more and more'. Ditto ice cream. I think it's important to know what our food triggers are, and if we realize we can't control them then just eliminate them from our eating program. For example, today I bought myself 1 ISO Femme protein bar - just 1 - because I know that they are just too &(#$&! tempting for me to have more of them in my cupboard. Part of me feels foolish and childish for having that weakness - but another part of me feels adult enough to accept that this is the way I am and just acknowledge that for me it's important to just not have more than 1 of them available to me at a time. So I buy one at a time as a treat - and log it into fatsecret.com, checking to see how it's nutrient breakdown affects the overall state of my day's eating plan. (Actually, I'd already done that today, before buying it)

Anyway - sorry this is so long - I like the idea of this thread. And I'll definitely hang out here. Cheers to everyone.

P.S. - Some of you may be interested in my blog - the link is in my signature below. It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products. As I said, I tried to be as close as possible. But I never posted in the 100% thread, because I didn't consider myself 100% IP-compliant.

kaplods
10-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Wow!! You're almost at goal. I admire all of you guys that are so close to goal. It reminds me that it can be done. Bravo!! :carrot::carrot:

My ultimate goal is 150 lbs, but being so far from goal was killing me, so I'm setting intermediary goals. When I hit 275 I will revise my goal to 225 or 250.

Knowing I can revise my goal at any time and that "not gaining" must always be my top priority really helps keeps me motivated and helps prevent backsliding.

ktgrrl
10-08-2013, 03:39 PM
@ evepet - I just want to thank you for sharing so much. Your blog is actually the first place I found IP info, and this was the second. So thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

leasie
10-08-2013, 03:57 PM
I follow 100% IP, using alternative packets from Nashua, and I only lose 1 lb a week. I guess my body just wants to hang on to what it's used to!

siusaidh
10-08-2013, 04:01 PM
TSD is my shorthand for "The Simple Diet," from the book (of the same name) by Dr. James Anderson and dietician, Nancy Gustafson. The plan is modeled after HMR products and program (except you buy your own products from the grocery store).

HMR (Health Management Resources) is THE leading provider of weight loss products and programs used by medical institutions such as hospitals, medical schools, clinics, and weight loss research programs.

The basic, first phase of the plan is 3 "shakes" (or equivalent meal replacements) + 2 "entrees" + 5 or more servings of veggies + a goal of an estimated 2000 calories per week burned in exercise.

I did HMR back in 2005. I lost 52 lbs on that program. Over the course of the next 7 years, I gained about 30 of it back. I went up and down 15lbs in between there, using HMR products the whole time (for the down part). Not too bad over 7 years, but when I started to get out of that 15lb range, I didn't want the shakes/entrees again. Needed something new. I had a friend who did Ideal Protein and quickly lost 30 lbs. Seemed like a good place to start. I've done pretty well here, but like many of you, I'm not always 100% compliant. There are a couple of things that I find much easier on Ideal Protein. 1) The fact that one meal a day is "normal" where on HMR, it's always a prepackaged thing. So on IP you can still have a social life with a controlled restaurant dinner. And 2) my food cravings are basically gone. On HMR, it was a constant battle to stay away from desired foods. On Ideal Protein, I just don't struggle as much as a result of the ketosis, I guess. So, I'm down 49.7 lbs now, lower than I ever had been on HMR. It's pretty cool. I'm telling you all of this in case you wanted to try Ideal Protein rather than the HMR-like diets. I think it's easier.

evepet
10-08-2013, 04:02 PM
OHHH!! This is a good idea. I don't particularly like the WF dressings as they're weirdly sweet and a little ick, imo. But like the idea of cutting the full fat with the WF to help balance out.

You might also try adding organic apple cider vinegar to the WF salad dressings. I've been avoiding the full fat dressings, but I've sometimes mixed equal parts of the Paul Newman Light Oil & Vinegar with the WF Italian dressing. That wasn't a bad mixture.

For me, a good standby is a combo of extra virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar, crushed garlic, dried basil, & fresh ground black pepper. I often add just a drop or two of liquid stevia to cut the vinegary flavor.

evepet
10-08-2013, 04:06 PM
@ evepet - I just want to thank you for sharing so much. Your blog is actually the first place I found IP info, and this was the second. So thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thanks ktgrrl.... it's nice to know that my blog helped you. :hug:

siusaidh
10-08-2013, 04:31 PM
You might also try adding organic apple cider vinegar to the WF salad dressings. I've been avoiding the full fat dressings, but I've sometimes mixed equal parts of the Paul Newman Light Oil & Vinegar with the WF Italian dressing. That wasn't a bad mixture.

For me, a good standby is a combo of extra virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar, crushed garlic, dried basil, & fresh ground black pepper. I often add just a drop or two of liquid stevia to cut the vinegary flavor.

I sometimes have olive oil with a little soy sauce mixed in. It's surprisingly tasty.

kaplods
10-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I did HMR back in 2005. I lost 52 lbs on that program. Over the course of the next 7 years, I gained about 30 of it back. I went up and down 15lbs in between there, using HMR products the whole time (for the down part). Not too bad over 7 years, but when I started to get out of that 15lb range, I didn't want the shakes/entrees again. Needed something new. I had a friend who did Ideal Protein and quickly lost 30 lbs. Seemed like a good place to start. I've done pretty well here, but like many of you, I'm not always 100% compliant. There are a couple of things that I find much easier on Ideal Protein. 1) The fact that one meal a day is "normal" where on HMR, it's always a prepackaged thing. So on IP you can still have a social life with a controlled restaurant dinner. And 2) my food cravings are basically gone. On HMR, it was a constant battle to stay away from desired foods. On Ideal Protein, I just don't struggle as much as a result of the ketosis, I guess. So, I'm down 49.7 lbs now, lower than I ever had been on HMR. It's pretty cool. I'm telling you all of this in case you wanted to try Ideal Protein rather than the HMR-like diets. I think it's easier.

This is why the Simple Diet is so great, it can really accomodate both or either protocol (and it literally can fit virtually EVERY budget).

I started my low-carb journey on Atkins. I couldn't tolerate Induction (I'm diabetic and have other issues that make life uncomfortable enough).

I switched to moderately low-carb paleo, which worked great, but was both very labor intensive and very expensive (relatively). I did well on good days, but on bad days when my stamina and strength were poor or at the end of the month when funds ran low, I reached too easily for crap.

The IP type protocol was less work, but still was problematic when I was too sick to cook or go out .

I find an HMR/IP Alternative hybrid ideal. Technically, I can be both HMR and IP compliant under "The Simple Diet," just by being careful with my meal and meal replacement choices.

A "lean and green" meal easily be made to fit the guidelines for "Entrees" (140-300 calories, 10-26g protein and less than 9g of fat).

For example 5-9 oz (raw weight) of lean meat such as chicken breast fits the entree guidelines, and all I have add some salad or veggies from my freggie alottment for the day (which I have to add to my entrees anyway to get in my 5 serving minimum).

When I feel good enough to cook or eat out, my menu looks more like an IP. On days that I don't feel so great, it looks more like HMR.

I love the flexibility of "The Simple Diet" because the food guidelines are flexible enough to accomodate both. And is flexible enough to include and adjust for exercise.

I just wish there were more of us on the plan.

kdsura
10-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Oh yay thanks for this thread! I finally have a home on this site. I felt truly terrible on the strict IP plan - 4 weeks of headaches and nausea and dizziness - plus I was only losing less than a pound a week! I had to modify it some with the help of a friend's coach - mine refused to work with me. And now I feel so much better and am losing 2-3 pounds a week.

sarahBell
10-08-2013, 05:06 PM
This is more like a confessional which is so needed!

kcandponies
10-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Oh yay thanks for this thread! I finally have a home on this site. I felt truly terrible on the strict IP plan - 4 weeks of headaches and nausea and dizziness - plus I was only losing less than a pound a week! I had to modify it some with the help of a friend's coach - mine refused to work with me. And now I feel so much better and am losing 2-3 pounds a week.

Where in TX are you? I am using a coach in Houston

nolasmurf
10-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I am struggling today ya'll. I keep walking to my office candy drawer and just as I go to open it I turn around. GRRR! I can't STAND days like this.

kdsura
10-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Where in TX are you? I am using a coach in Houston

I am in Mansfield -- the Fort Worth/Dallas area. There aren't many coaches near by. But I stopped going to mine back in August and have switched to alternatives and am doing fine (and it's cheaper too!). I also work in MD and travel back regularly and there are a couple of people who did IP and will order some foods for me (ie the jello :) ) if I really want the IP version of something.

sarahBell
10-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I am in Mansfield -- the Fort Worth/Dallas area. There aren't many coaches near by. But I stopped going to mine back in August and have switched to alternatives and am doing fine (and it's cheaper too!). I also work in MD and travel back regularly and there are a couple of people who did IP and will order some foods for me (ie the jello :) ) if I really want the IP version of something.

Wow. we are thinking abt moving to the DFW area. Small world

schenectady
10-08-2013, 05:35 PM
I am struggling today ya'll. I keep walking to my office candy drawer and just as I go to open it I turn around. GRRR! I can't STAND days like this.

I have had days like that where the sugar need is almost unbearable.

The only thing that helps (doesn't cure it) is a really cold, slightly spicy pickle. I think the taste of that kills my taste buds temporarily.

Is the candy drawer a communal one such that you can't make it disappear? That is a really tempting thing. For me, one candy will lead to another and another - that is how I got where I am!

Funny thing is, I did not really LIKE pickles, but it does seem to work.

clbott
10-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I have had days like that where the sugar need is almost unbearable.

The only thing that helps (doesn't cure it) is a really cold, slightly spicy pickle. I think the taste of that kills my taste buds temporarily.

Is the candy drawer a communal one such that you can't make it disappear? That is a really tempting thing. For me, one candy will lead to another and another - that is how I got where I am!

Funny thing is, I did not really LIKE pickles, but it does seem to work.

Have you tried brushing your teeth with a really strong tasting toothpaste to get through that sweet tooth rough patch? Nothing sounds good after toothpaste!

AliExpat
10-08-2013, 05:47 PM

I second brushing your teeth (and scrubbing your tongue)...

Snarfler
10-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Thank you for starting this thread...I am a 90%er for sure.

I sometimes eat salmon more than once in a week. Although I do occasionally eat red meat (wild game only), I have more salmon in my freezer than halibut and won't buy farmed fish. When I was in phase 1 the first time, I lied on my sheet and said it was halibut if I ate it more than once in a seven day period to avoid scolding by my coach.

That being said, I lost 40ish lbs in the weeks I was on IP, phased off successfully, and now am currently on day 8 of a reboot. I am thankful that the damage I did during my non-IP hiatus in the interim was mostly rectified in only a week of phase 1. Since then, I have decided I would like to see my weight drop further and I intend to stick with IP to an extent but will likely always choose real eggs in the morning instead of those ghastly "eggs" in a silver packet.

I am also very thankful that I have much of the knowledge and know-how that IP has taught me so that if that scale starts creeping up, I can knock it back down.

Whew! I said it!! I am soooo relieved...

I apologize for the length of my post, but am thankful to have that burden off of my chest. Thank you!

nolasmurf
10-08-2013, 06:45 PM
The candy drawer is communal. But I've resisted it so far. I had some cucumbers and still have my restricted I can eat. Its more that I want to soothe myself because i'm having a shitty (sorry for the language) day at work . I've always used junk food to feel better. I want a damn candy bar and to yell. Instead I'll come over here and have a glass of water.
Thanks for your thoughts

schenectady
10-08-2013, 06:57 PM
The candy drawer is communal. But I've resisted it so far. I had some cucumbers and still have my restricted I can eat. Its more that I want to soothe myself because i'm having a shitty (sorry for the language) day at work . I've always used junk food to feel better. I want a damn candy bar and to yell. Instead I'll come over here and have a glass of water.
Thanks for your thoughts

That is a really hard challenge - finding something to replace food when having a bad day is really tough. I do find that whomever said brushing teeth is right as that has worked for me - a real thorough brush teeth, roof, tongue whatever with a good toothpaste and I resist messing it up again with food!

My daughter gave me a recipe for the fruit smoothie mix plus egg whites (no Spelnda) to make sweet meringue puffs, but I guess that would be a hard snack to do at work as you need time for the meringues to bake and they go soft.....hummm

Pdukas143
10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
I posted this message on the 'other' thread. It makes more sense to have it posted here....

I have been on IP since February and throughout that time - I have had several 'indulgence' days - I don't call them cheats because that seems to make it seem seedy and dirty. They were days that - because of a special occasion or event - I choose to go off plan. They even included a couple of week-long vacations -- I know, how crazy is that. After each of my 'indulgence' days - I got right back on IP - I started with my packets the next day, I knew I would see a slow-down but that was expected and, frankly, ok by me.

Since February - I have gone from a size 20 to a size 10/12 -- I've lost a total of 78 pounds. I am a new woman and...I've learned something...that I am in control of what I eat, when I eat, how I eat and I am owning it. Could I have lost the weight faster? -- maybe...but I'm ok with what I've accomplished. No - I'm thrilled with what I have accomplished -- thrilled doesn't even start to describe it.

I say this not to encourage 'indulging' but to recognize that we all have to fight this battle in our own way, with our own weapons and in a manner that we are comfortable with. I don't judge those that find that 100% is the way for them to succeed but I am a little tired of 100% being the badge of IP. The badge is the success and there are several paths to get there. Pick your path - own it and enjoy the ride!!!!

slow2lose
10-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Very interesting!! Well hang out here with us - glad to see you are still around.

slow2lose
10-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Ladies I am desperate for some ideas for protein. I hate it with a passion and when I'm off program I rarely eat it, and never just plain and grilled. I usually just grill my chicken, pork and steak with some WF BBQ sauce, but I only end up choking down about 2-3 ounces then throwing the rest away. I did the same time my first time around on the program - I know I don't get enough protein.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare it so I can eat more? I love sauces and breading - obviously I can't have breading but I'm certainly open to slightly off program ideas if it means I end up eating more than 2-3 ounces a day. Thanks for any ideas!!

2much2do
10-08-2013, 08:42 PM
It's been two weeks since my last cheat. Red Lobster shrimp scampi - it had butter. And the caesar salad with their dressing (but no croutons or cheese). I recovered beautifully the next day.

And with confession out of the way, let me just say - Wow! I go off to work for a single day and suddenly this wonderful new thread is born - and has six pages of great (positive) comments! Way to go, ladies! Looking forward to spending a lot of time here.

I had to work in a different office today at someone else's desk. She had candy everywhere - including a giant bag of candy corn taffy. I moved it out of sight when I got there and put it back when I left. Victory! Still on plan and looking forward to a great WI tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed that tomorrow begins phase 2 for me.

nolasmurf
10-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Ladies I am desperate for some ideas for protein. I hate it with a passion and when I'm off program I rarely eat it, and never just plain and grilled. I usually just grill my chicken, pork and steak with some WF BBQ sauce, but I only end up choking down about 2-3 ounces then throwing the rest away. I did the same time my first time around on the program - I know I don't get enough protein.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare it so I can eat more? I love sauces and breading - obviously I can't have breading but I'm certainly open to slightly off program ideas if it means I end up eating more than 2-3 ounces a day. Thanks for any ideas!!

Do you like eggs? I scramble up eggs when I can't tolerate anything else. I also use turkey pepperoni. I add an oz or two to days when I'm lacking in protein.

Meeshellee
10-08-2013, 09:27 PM
I do hard boiled eggs or salmon on days where I can't stand the thought of another piece of chicken. Also, turkey breast in the crockpot. Yum!!

Mysticaldreamzz
10-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Pdukas143 - Thanks for sharing with us. I'm happy to hear you've had great success.

slow2lose
10-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Do you like eggs? I scramble up eggs when I can't tolerate anything else. I also use turkey pepperoni. I add an oz or two to days when I'm lacking in protein.

I do eggs for dinner A LOT.

I was sooooo passing out starving I just had one ounce of cheese. 3 ounces of chicken and veggies isn't enough to keep me from passing out.

evepet
10-08-2013, 10:56 PM

I use my crock pot a lot. I put my 2 cups of approved veggies in the bottom, and put pork loin chops on top. Sprinkle with no-salt seasoning & some garlic powder and fresh grated black pepper. Cook on high for about 2 hrs. Then I spread a light coating of a WF bbq sauce on the pork loin shops, and cook for another 1/2 hour. The meat is tender and moist, and the veggies fantastic. I like a combo of sliced onion, peppers, and rutabaga.

I also made a great stew with lean beef stew meat, and onions, celery, peppers, and mushrooms. Used a low-sodium/low carb beef bouillion mix that I found at my local health food store. Delicious.

Chicken breasts are also tasty cooked in a crock pot. Somehow meat turns out moist and tender. And by throwing your veggies in there too, everything cooks at the same time. No muss no fuss.

I also make turkey loaf in the crockpot. I combine a package of ground turkey (about 1 lb) with 1 egg, 1-2 tbsp each of dried parsley and onion flakes, about 1 tbsp. WF bbq sauce and 1 tbsp. of low carb catsup, dash of worcestershire sauce, about 1 tbsp. of regular mustard, and spices (pepper, thyme, garlic) and cook for about 2.5 hours.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without my crockpot! Use it almost every day.

I also like to cook fish or chicken breasts in foil packets in the oven, along with some spices and vegetables. The fish/meat comes out tender, moist and flavorful. There's a good article at this link using fish in the recipe :- http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-baked-halibut-tomatoes-62306

slownsteady
10-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Though I have put a LOT of effort into staying 100% OP since I started 7 weeks ago, I have to admit that I feel there is a definite place for this thread and no one should feel threatened by it, or in my opinion, be judgmental of it.

I would agree with something said by Pdukas (and others) - "we all have to fight this battle in our own way, with our own weapons and in a manner that we are comfortable with".

For me, I am not comfortable 'tempting fate' by allowing myself to stray from following strict IP protocol - I know myself well enough to be fearful of the proverbial "slippery slope" I would find myself on. But who am I to say others are wrong or don't know themselves as well as I do -- just because they have a different opinion? If I were providing counsel to someone just starting out on IP (or any time for that matter), I would never suggest they go for anything BUT being 100% OP, but in reality, before long each will find his/her own path and making his/her own decisions, and despite how influential I may like to think I would be :), that path and those decisions may differ from my own! That's life!

This will likely be my first and last post (and visit) to this thread, just as I'm sure most of you would choose not to spend much time on the 100% thread. But I did want to lend support for your right to have a 90% thread on the IP forum as much as we have the right to a 100% thread! Different strokes!

Lolu120
10-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I love this new thread! This is my second attempt at IP diet. On my 1st attempt I was doing well for a week & then just started gorging on junk food & gave up :(. This time around is much better & it's because of this forum. This is a great motivator for me. I'm in my fourth week & doing pretty good. The first 2 weeks were great but for some reason the 3rd week I was craving sweets like crazy & unfortunately gave in & had a few mini donuts. I am so so disappointed in myself, but the next day I got back on track & I'm hoping that I have enough willpower not to give in again. Good luck everyone! We are all human & we all make mistakes. Just realize that even if you do mess up sometimes you can learn from it & get right back on track.

kaplods
10-09-2013, 12:39 AM
I think there are at least three types of 90%ers:

1. Those who aim for 100% and yet often fall short of their aim
2. Those who aim for 95% and fall short
3. Those who aim for 90% and hit 90%.

You could say I have very bad aim, because I'm always falling short, but even so, I ger closer to home than if I hadn't tried.

For me, "living on the slope, is more necessity than choice. I would be perfect if I could, but perfection is just not in my skill set. I have two choices accept the imperfection and move on, or throw my hands in the air and give up.

Luckily I have learned to be stubborn and persistent. Only giving up is failure.

Christabrillon
10-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Kryssybee I'm glad I'm not only one having crazy weird dreams!

Rhonduz
10-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Good morning to all my "not so perfect" ones, but my new favorite group of all time! My aim today is for perfection and I wish you all well! I just find this thread to be the most refreshing, positive, and inspirational one that I've seen on here in we'll over a year which caused me to stop posting almost completely. I'm tired of the "preachers" of IP that take over this public forum. They keep those of us away that do struggle and truly need the support! Thank you for starting this thread and remember NOBODY is PERFECT all of the TIME.

kcandponies
10-09-2013, 08:22 AM
A thought I had this morning....there are many who believe the 100% all the time, all the way is THE only way, and yet support those on an alternative IP plan, or even accept those who say they are on IP, while not using any IP products. Seems strange to be so accepting of some and not others.

I am planning to ride my horse this afternoon, and find I need more food on those days. I have packed my lunchbox for the day (won't be home until 7 pm) with everything I need to have a 100% day.
Breakfast - shake
Lunch - Turkey burger, lettuce
Snack - 2c Jicama
Extra - IP bar and egg white if needed
Dinner - will have some more veggies and a pudding when I get home :)

Have a great day everyone!

Rhonduz
10-09-2013, 08:26 AM
A thought I had this morning....there are many who believe the 100% all the time, all the way is THE only way, and yet support those on an alternative IP plan, or even accept those who say they are on IP, while not using any IP products. Seems strange to be so accepting of some and not others.

I am planning to ride my horse this afternoon, and find I need more food on those days. I have packed my lunchbox for the day (won't be home until 7 pm) with everything I need to have a 100% day.
Breakfast - shake
Snack - 2c Jicama

Love this! Have a great day and a great ride KC!

animallover
10-09-2013, 08:30 AM
So *&^% happens, we forget, life gets in the way and sometimes we just want to. For whatever reason we taste a morsel that's not OP...we do. We're human and imperfect and that's ok. Some weeks we are on point some weeks we're not. Life isn't linear just like weight loss isn't either. So here's to the 90%, the B students, the Jr. Varsity team!

You're still on your journey, your road just isn't smooth...it has a few potholes. My pothole was yesterday afternoon when I had a piece of chocolate because I didn't feel right. BTW, it tasted horrible!! All in all out of six weeks on IP I've deviated and had a total of one piece of chocolate, 2oz of full half and half (a splash in my coffee for four days), and a total of 3 strips of bacon (pieces stolen from my DH's breakfast over the past 6 weeks). What was the consequence of these "cheats"? 25lbs down. So can I deal with my faux pas? Yeah, I can. Will I continue? No, not every week because, again, life isn't perfect.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I'm so happy to see this. I try so hard to be 100%, but I'm not perfect. I'm thrilled to tears to find a "home". :hug:

Cherie2888
10-09-2013, 09:37 AM
I love this new thread! This is my second attempt at IP diet. On my 1st attempt I was doing well for a week & then just started gorging on junk food & gave up :(. This time around is much better & it's because of this forum. This is a great motivator for me. I'm in my fourth week & doing pretty good. The first 2 weeks were great but for some reason the 3rd week I was craving sweets like crazy & unfortunately gave in & had a few mini donuts. I am so so disappointed in myself, but the next day I got back on track & I'm hoping that I have enough willpower not to give in again. Good luck everyone! We are all human & we all make mistakes. Just realize that even if you do mess up sometimes you can learn from it & get right back on track.

Lolu, it took me three tries in three months before I settled in an stayed OP for the long haul. You can do this!

Maxxy
10-09-2013, 10:17 AM
How wonderful to see such postive attitudes today. It's unfortunate that people, who in their hearts think they are doing good for others, actually are doing the opposite. While intentions are good, words can destroy!

Have a great on plan day everyone. Today is my last day on Phase 3. I am VERY nervous about starting maintenance. I'm not sure how to handle the choices. I don't want to slip backwards after I have a whole new wardrobe that I LOVE. Fingers crossed for me to figure this out!

Have a great "hump" day.

sarahBell
10-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Hello my fellow 90%ers how ya doin? I am trying to be 95% today going for 100% if I can. But I am human so I battle my sugar demons like everyone else :)

Maxxy good luck on maintenance you will be fine!

AliExpat
10-09-2013, 10:33 AM
How wonderful to see such postive attitudes today. It's unfortunate that people, who in their hearts think they are doing good for others, actually are doing the opposite. While intentions are good, words can destroy!

Have a great on plan day everyone. Today is my last day on Phase 3. I am VERY nervous about starting maintenance. I'm not sure how to handle the choices. I don't want to slip backwards after I have a whole new wardrobe that I LOVE. Fingers crossed for me to figure this out!

Have a great "hump" day.

OH MAXXY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! DH and I were seeing a nutritionist before I decided to start IP. DH is still seeing her and she told me to definitely come see her when I've reached my goal with IP and we would tackle the maintenance phase (she's very familiar with IP since so many on island are doing it). Also, my IP office offers a one-time visit with their nutritionist when you start maintenance. Maybe that's an option for you to consider (at least you'll have some help). Have you thought about looking into the Paleo diet (not that you want to be on ANOTHER "diet") but it is a low carb way of eating. Whatever you decide, just take a deep breath, exhale and do the best you can.

I'm VERY, VERY happy for you!!!!!

AliExpat
10-09-2013, 10:41 AM

I find chicken can get dry and boring, lol. have you thought about making a "gravy" with your veggies??? sautee your choice of approved veggies until tender (I like mushrooms, peppers and a bit of garlic paste and tomato paste) then blend them with a bit of non-fat, low sodium chicken or veggie stock and make a "gravy" to pour over my chicken. Just make sure you're using 2 cups. I used this as my base for tomato sauce as a way to get veggies into my DH when he was a strict "Meat-a-tarian".

DJ72
10-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Hello everybody! Today is Day 9 for me!
Aiming for 100% today! Pulled off 100% yesterday!
kcandponies.... Have a great ride! I have two horses in my backyard that need a few wet saddle blankets but are buddy sour as heck. I can't wait til my arena is done! Then I can ride but they will be close to each other.
We are having a cool frosty morning here today. Shiver. Not looking forward to when the snow flies! All of you that live warm climates should REALLY appreciate it. Lol
HAVE AN AMAZING DAY EVERYBODY and stay on plan. We are doing this baaaaaby!

AliExpat
10-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I'm so happy to see this. I try so hard to be 100%, but I'm not perfect. I'm thrilled to tears to find a "home". :hug:

Hi animallover, it was Meeshellee's idea to have a 90% board (apparently she's my MUSE, lol). It just happened that I was going to post for the day and decided to started a new thread, lol. :hug:

cassieleeanne
10-09-2013, 10:47 AM

Have a great "hump" day.

Did you gain weight on phase three??

DJ72
10-09-2013, 10:49 AM
I find chicken can get dry and boring, lol. have you thought about making a "gravy" with your veggies??? sautee your choice of approved veggies until tender (I like mushrooms, peppers and a bit of garlic paste and tomato paste) then blend them with a bit of non-fat, low sodium chicken or veggie stock and make a "gravy" to pour over my chicken. Just make sure you're using 2 cups. I used this as my base for tomato sauce as a way to get veggies into my DH when he was a strict "Meat-a-tarian".

WOWZERS! That is a super duper great idea. And how sneaky of you to sneak veggies into your hubby. Lmao

kaplods
10-09-2013, 10:50 AM
I know it's only been one day, but I really think this thread is actually helping me get closer to 100%.

I feel literally as if a weight has been lifted and I found it easier to shut down most of the between meal eating.

I'm also trying to convince my gut and heart into feeling and believing what my head "knows" - that I'm eating "meals," not "meal replacements" or "snacks."

The term, "meal replacement" is functionaly practical, but using it makes it sound (to me) that I'm not eating "real" (legitimate, satisfying, appropriate...) food, which tends to inspire regret amd longing for "real" food.

I can make a kick-a** "shake" that tastes more like an off-plan indulgence than a "real meal," but calling it a "meal replacement" or even "packet" can get me feeling like whatever I've eaten isn't really food, not quite. And if it isn't really food, how can it be satisfying?

So that's my goal for today (and in perpetuity): to see and appreciate my plan foods as real food - every bit as good, worthy, and body-worthy as any other.

The concept of "meal replacement" is a huge mental barrier for me. I've fought these barrier-battles before.

When I first began losing the weight this time around, I had to stop envisioning full plates full of food when I thought of meals and snacks. Before I made the mental shift, meals were dinner plates heaping with food, and snacks filled saucer or dessert plate.

I've also decided that I'm not going to change my ticker until November 1st. I've been frustrated lately with the lack of satisfaction I'm feeling when changing my ticker every pound.

I may not stick with monthly updates, but I joined an October challenge on one of my SparkPeople website teams and decided that I'd postpone my scale updates to make the contest special.

kcandponies
10-09-2013, 10:50 AM
I never eat just plain dry and grilled meat, unless it's steak.
Ideas: Ground turkey or beef, mix with cumin and chili pepper for "taco" meat
chop raw chicken and zucchini, saute together in pan with some oil then add dry cajun seasoning to coat - spicy! :)
Shake lemon pepper sasoning over fish, wrap in foil and bake.
Make chicken casserole with a packet of potato purree, water, chopped broccoli and diced chicken.
Grate 1c zucchini or yellow squash, add 1c spinach and bake with eggs/egg whites (kinda like quiche)
Shred cooked chicken and add Frank's red hot sauce, chopped celery, eat in lettuce leaves like a wrap.
Make stuffed peppers with green peppers, chopped cabbage and ground meat

Let me know if you need anymore ideas...these are some of my regular meals!

ktgrrl
10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Good morning my imperfect friends!! I was so stoked to get to work this morning and share a MAJOR NSV! I've been pretty much on plan since the beginning of August, and started out wearing a size 28 pant. This morning I finally got up the nerve to try on an older pair that's a 24, since my 28's are getting majorly baggy and.... they fit!!! The 24's FIT!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: So excited!!! They didn't fit perfectly, they were still a little snug, but I got them over my bum and belly and buttoned up! I'm sooo happy!!!!! I hope everyone has an awesome day!! I seriously cannot stop dancing in my head! And onto other things...

Boy do I understand this!! I'm a massive sweets lover. I did see something pretty awesome in one of Rainbow's threads. She makes a mock "Rolo" using WF products. A little WF chocolate syrup in the bottom of a little cup (I'm thinking sorta like a small condiment cup) and swirled around, a dollop of WF caramel dip, and top off with more chocolate syrup. Freeze and eat. They sound awesome to me, though I haven't tried it yet. I'll be placing a WF order today. And am keeping some of the other tips to mind as well. I hope you were able to resist, cuz I know how hard it can be.

I think there are at least three types of 90%ers:

1. Those who aim for 100% and yet often fall short of their aim
2. Those who aim for 95% and fall short
3. Those who aim for 90% and hit 90%.

You could say I have very bad aim, because I'm always falling short, but even so, I ger closer to home than if I hadn't tried.

For me, "living on the slope, is more necessity than choice. I would be perfect if I could, but perfection is just not in my skill set. I have two choices accept the imperfection and move on, or throw my hands in the air and give up.

Luckily I have learned to be stubborn and persistent. Only giving up is failure.

I love this!! Thank you for sharing and for hanging out! You seem awesome! :hug:

Breakfast - shake
Snack - 2c Jicama

Sounds so fun!!! I'm jealous as I sit behind my big desk with the phones ringing. Awesome job planning ahead!! WOOTWOOT!!!

kcandponies
10-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Kaplods, I found a store that carries Torani syrup sweetened with spenda. Bought the Almond Roca for my tea/coffee and S'mores flavor. Add s'mores to the dark chocolate IP pudding mix and O.....M....G..... Definitely NOT feeling like I am on a diet!!!!

nolasmurf
10-09-2013, 10:56 AM
So I've been looking at my finances and things are getting tight. I know I shouldn't put a # or cost to getting heathly but it's tough. I'm pretty simple taste wisest I'm thinking I could just use the EAS shakes and the quest bars and be perfectly happy. The quest bars work out to a dollar cheaper than IP products and the shakes I'm not sure yet because I have gone to check the price at SAMs or Wally World.

Any words of wisdom?

dak1lls
10-09-2013, 10:59 AM
So I've been looking at my finances and things are getting tight. I know I shouldn't put a # or cost to getting heathly but it's tough. I'm pretty simple taste wisest I'm thinking I could just use the EAS shakes and the quest bars and be perfectly happy. The quest bars work out to a dollar cheaper than IP products and the shakes I'm not sure yet because I have gone to check the price at SAMs or Wally World.

Any words of wisdom?

Detour bars at Sam's Club: The Low Sugar variety pack of 20. They are really good. Also check out Nashua Nutrition or dietdirect.com. They have boxes of products similar to IP products: many say they are identical foil packets, just renamed under another brand. They sell for around $12 for a box of 7. Protidiet, Proti-Thin and Health Smart and Wonderslim are all brands I have purchased. Just watch for aspartame. Do you have the alternative product guide to help identify good alternatives to choose?

DJ72
10-09-2013, 10:59 AM
My quote for the day.... "A mistake is only a mistake until you have learned from it. Then it becomes a lesson"

Apparently I am well schooled!

nolasmurf
10-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Detour bars at Sam's Club: The Low Sugar variety pack of 20. They are really good. Also check out Nashua Nutrition or dietdirect.com. They have boxes of products similar to IP products: many say they are identical foil packets, just renamed under another brand. They sell for around $12 for a box of 7. Protidiet, Proti-Thin and Health Smart and Wonderslim are all brands I have purchased. Just watch for aspartame. Do you have the alternative product guide to help identify good alternatives to choose?

I do have the guide thanks. I'll check out the detour bars thanks!

ktgrrl
10-09-2013, 11:08 AM

Any words of wisdom?

Because I'm full of opinions today - DH and I have done this using only alternative products. I order from Nashua Nutrition (placed an order yesterday) and like the Protidiet products. I'm a huge fan of the chicken noodle soup (have it every day for lunch) and some of the other products as well. I find the price to be pretty reasonable, especially seeing what some people pay for IP products! As for the EAS shakes, I find them for about $5 at Target for the four pack. And they're tasty. I've gotten into the habit this week of having one for breakfast in the car. Good luck!

dak1lls
10-09-2013, 11:09 AM
I do have the guide thanks. I'll check out the detour bars thanks!

I forgot about the South Beach Meal bars I bought at Walmart. The chocolate peanut butter is my new favorite bar! It is chewy/crunchy and I felt like I was eating a candy bar!

nalaroo
10-09-2013, 11:10 AM

Any words of wisdom?

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control drinks - I've been using them for 6 months, they work great (63.8lb loss). About $1.25 a piece. 4 packs are available at most grocery and discount stores (walmart/target). Sam's and BJ's sell 24 packs. They are not available at Costco in my area.

I definitely get my restricted items from Nashua Nutrition. I'm too carb sensitive for the Quest bars and the Pure Protein bars. PM me if you'd like a list of what I normally buy.

You can lose weight by using alternatives that fit within IP protocol guidelines. :D

Maxxy
10-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Did you gain weight on phase three??

No, I didn't. I actually lost about 4 lbs. My coach was shocked too! I imagine it will catch up with me but this is the end of week two and so far so good.

kaplods
10-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Kaplods, I found a store that carries Torani syrup sweetened with spenda. Bought the Almond Roca for my tea/coffee and S'mores flavor. Add s'mores to the dark chocolate IP pudding mix and O.....M....G..... Definitely NOT feeling like I am on a diet!!!!

Oh Yum!

I love the Torani syrups, but they're hard to find locally except in a few very basic flavors.

The lime is one of my favorites (added to diet lemonlime soda, it reminds me of Green River, one of my favorite sodas.

Maxxy
10-09-2013, 11:48 AM
I am going to do probably a post that is too lengthy but I hope it's a helpful one. NOT THAT I AM AN EXPERT, and I want to emphasize that but, I have made lots of notes, read lots of recipes, comments etc. and I have a few things that I would like to share to help anyone that thinks these things may be useful. Like I said, I am no expert and I tend to take the easy route in choosing foods on IP. I follow my one page bible, no counting, I do measure and weigh foods but I am not into calculating carbs etc. If you follow the guide you receive from your coach you don't need to count anything. I use restricted foods no more than once a day but I never had a period of time where that made a difference. But here are a few things I have learned.

1. I use WF chocolate and carmel syrup for a sweet fix. I use plastic medicine cups and freeze a layer of chocolate, then add a layer of carmel and freeze and then add another layer of chocolate. It's only about 1 1/2 tbl. total but oh so yummy.

2. Flavoured olive oil is my saving grace. I use butter flavour, garlic flavour and an lemon pepper flavour (for salad dressings especially)

3. I have learned to LOVE oil and vinegar as opposed to WF dressins. They are oh so yucky!

4. Taco salads when dining out. Skip the cheese and tortillas and add salsa. You can dine with friends and not feel deprived.

5. Roasted asparagus with garlic olive oil...yummy.

6. Make the potato puree puffs. I use them as a hamburger bun or for a sandwich. Not exactly bread but the idea of having a sandwich is awesome.

7. I make a potato salad with cauliflower and use the WF mayo and regular mustard for the dressing. Even my non-IP friends loved it. Combine that with a burger and potato puff bun and you can bbq with the best of them.

8. I mix spinach in with my IP shakes. Great way to get those veggies in and you can't taste it at all. I also add a bit of extract like Almond or Orange to jazz it up a little. Chocolate almond shakes??? so good.

9. When everyone else is having a cocktail, I use a club soda with MIO. I get the fizz of a real drink.

10. I will have an occasional Xevia Pop which is sweetened with Stevia. I add rum flavoured extract to this and it tasted like a spiced rum drink. Everyone chuckles when I come with my little tiny bottle of extract. I save this for treats when everyone else is having drinks. That way it doesn't get boring and I had something to look forward to.

11. The IP omelets were great when you add your veggies, and ham and a little egg white to it. They were very filling.

12. I also made the rhubarb crisp but to avoid the restricted package, I omitted it. I would rather save the restricted for a snack. I added WF strawberry syrup to the basic IP rhubarb crisp recipe. It was like having fruit and not a vegetable. All of these recipes are on the recipe link or google them. I'm not great at posting links....lol

13. Rutabaga fries are great. I roast them in garlic flavoured olive oil and even add a little vinegar and ketchup for dipping. (Only the Canadians will get the vinegar on fries thing!) Am I right?

So, those are my tips for now. If I think of others I will post them.

Hope this is a tip for some who need a little change up!

Mysticaldreamzz
10-09-2013, 12:04 PM

Any words of wisdom?

I totally get what you're saying about the cost. My DH and I started in a clinic and switched to alternatives right away. We use the premiere protein drinks from Costco, and bars from Costco.

I can't believe the savings we've had switching to Alternatives and we are still having fantastic results. I'm so happy to be on this journey and that it is affordable and not stressful.

nolasmurf
10-09-2013, 12:22 PM
I just put together an order on Nashua thanks Nalaroo! 28 days worth of products for $59 plus $6 shipping. That's almost a month! That plus two big packs of the EAS drinks will just be over $100. Big difference than $85 a week. I'm going to be sad to tell my coach bt I've got to save some money!

I think between his coaching and this forum I've gotta pretty decent grasp on the program.

dak1lls
10-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I just put together an order on Nashua thanks Nalaroo! 28 days worth of products for $59 plus $6 shipping. That's almost a month! That plus two big packs of the EAS drinks will just be over $100. Big difference than $85 a week. I'm going to be sad to tell my coach bt I've got to save some money!

I think between his coaching and this forum I've gotta pretty decent grasp on the program.

Nolasmurf: Nashua Nutrition has a Lifetime Dieter's Club that you can join. Just make a note in the comments for your order before submitting. There is a one time charge....I seem to remember it is $30, but you get a 10% percent discount off your orders. I have heard people will call the 800 number and ask about it and they can apply the discount to the order you just placed. I have found that their customer service is really good.

kcandponies
10-09-2013, 12:35 PM

I placed an order yesterday, excited to try out some stuff ;)

Let us know what your coach says about alternatives. I wrote "quest bar" in my food journal and when she saw it she asked, very accusingly...what is a quest bar....ok lets only eat IP approved foods and buy some IP bars for when you need them.

And now I lie on my sheet!:devil:

DJ72
10-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I am going to do probably a post that is too lengthy but I hope it's a helpful one. NOT THAT I AM AN EXPERT, and I want to emphasize that but, I have made lots of notes, read lots of recipes, comments etc. and I have a few things that I would like to share to help anyone that thinks these things may be useful. Like I said, I am no expert and I tend to take the easy route in choosing foods on IP. I follow my one page bible, no counting, I do measure and weigh foods but I am not into calculating carbs etc. If you follow the guide you receive from your coach you don't need to count anything. I use restricted foods no more than once a day but I never had a period of time where that made a difference. But here are a few things I have learned.

1. I use WF chocolate and carmel syrup for a sweet fix. I use plastic medicine cups and freeze a layer of chocolate, then add a layer of carmel and freeze and then add another layer of chocolate. It's only about 1 1/2 tbl. total but oh so yummy.

2. Flavoured olive oil is my saving grace. I use butter flavour, garlic flavour and an lemon pepper flavour (for salad dressings especially)

3. I have learned to LOVE oil and vinegar as opposed to WF dressins. They are oh so yucky!

4. Taco salads when dining out. Skip the cheese and tortillas and add salsa. You can dine with friends and not feel deprived.

5. Roasted asparagus with garlic olive oil...yummy.

6. Make the potato puree puffs. I use them as a hamburger bun or for a sandwich. Not exactly bread but the idea of having a sandwich is awesome.

7. I make a potato salad with cauliflower and use the WF mayo and regular mustard for the dressing. Even my non-IP friends loved it. Combine that with a burger and potato puff bun and you can bbq with the best of them.

8. I mix spinach in with my IP shakes. Great way to get those veggies in and you can't taste it at all. I also add a bit of extract like Almond or Orange to jazz it up a little. Chocolate almond shakes??? so good.

9. When everyone else is having a cocktail, I use a club soda with MIO. I get the fizz of a real drink.

10. I will have an occasional Xevia Pop which is sweetened with Stevia. I add rum flavoured extract to this and it tasted like a spiced rum drink. Everyone chuckles when I come with my little tiny bottle of extract. I save this for treats when everyone else is having drinks. That way it doesn't get boring and I had something to look forward to.

11. The IP omelets were great when you add your veggies, and ham and a little egg white to it. They were very filling.

12. I also made the rhubarb crisp but to avoid the restricted package, I omitted it. I would rather save the restricted for a snack. I added WF strawberry syrup to the basic IP rhubarb crisp recipe. It was like having fruit and not a vegetable. All of these recipes are on the recipe link or google them. I'm not great at posting links....lol

13. Rutabaga fries are great. I roast them in garlic flavoured olive oil and even add a little vinegar and ketchup for dipping. (Only the Canadians will get the vinegar on fries thing!) Am I right?

So, those are my tips for now. If I think of others I will post them.

Hope this is a tip for some who need a little change up!

You are an absolute doll for taking the time to share this with all of us. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!
Some of the stuff I already make and the rest of it I will!
Perfect post. Just perfect
And again... Congrats on your amazing losses! You are truly an inspiration!

DJ72
10-09-2013, 02:14 PM
My yummy for the day.... Added pumpkin pie spice to my vanilla shake. My new favourite!
Was hard to find the spice but I have the goods now. Loooove it!

AliExpat
10-09-2013, 02:18 PM
My yummy for the day.... Added pumpkin pie spice to my vanilla shake. My new favourite!
Was hard to find the spice but I have the goods now. Loooove it!

Psssst....*whispering* update your ticker to reflect your 5lb loss...

cassieleeanne
10-09-2013, 02:32 PM
No, I didn't. I actually lost about 4 lbs. My coach was shocked too! I imagine it will catch up with me but this is the end of week two and so far so good.

I really hope I don't gain either!!

sarahBell
10-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Ok I wear an 18 sweet heart jean from Old Navy and I can slide them off and on so easily. BUT a 16 is too snug. This is the frustrating part abt losing weight, walk around with baggy saggy pants or squeeze into ones that just don't fit quiet yet and feel mooshed. **sigh**

How did you tackle this issue? I am going to wait it out before I get new jeans.

Bellybuttonlint403
10-09-2013, 03:15 PM
On IP I find there is a cycle and its pretty fast sometimes. Pants go baggy one week, too baggy the next week. Then onto the new pair which is tight one week, fits for a week, baggy the next week....and so on and so forth

Then I just said &*%# it and lived in dresses with tights underneath because pants were so much of a pain. They were baggy the majority of the time.

I'm doing another round of IP to get rid of the pounds I gained over summer. I already have to retire 2 pair of dress pants this week. I have a few in storage to go to, then its going to be dresses and fleece lined tights time for winter.

ktgrrl
10-09-2013, 03:33 PM
On IP I find there is a cycle and its pretty fast sometimes. Pants go baggy one week, too baggy the next week. Then onto the new pair which is tight one week, fits for a week, baggy the next week....and so on and so forth

Then I just said &*%# it and lived in dresses with tights underneath because pants were so much of a pain. They were baggy the majority of the time.

I'm doing another round of IP to get rid of the pounds I gained over summer. I already have to retire 2 pair of dress pants this week. I have a few in storage to go to, then its going to be dresses and fleece lined tights time for winter.

Awesome idea. I think I may have to switch to this for work. Of course, just in time for the cold weather LOL!:D

sarahBell
10-09-2013, 03:36 PM

I am afraid to wear a dress............... SCARY

DJ72
10-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Psssst....*whispering* update your ticker to reflect your 5lb loss...

Heehee. You noticed. Lol. I will do it on my laptop tonight. Easier than on the iPhone
So I am making crockpot beef and broccoli tonight... Tweaked the recipe to make it IP friendly. So..... Sesame oil. HOLY COW! I have never cooked with it before. Smells amazing. Researched it and it is pretty much same nutrient/. Calorie wise as grape seed oil so used it on my salad too instead of grape seed.
AMAZING! I am in love
Today is my day for new things!
Please don't burst my bubble... I know it is not on the sheet! Hey... That is why I am a 90% B Teamer!
The health benefits of it are cool too.

ktgrrl
10-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Heehee. You noticed. Lol. I will do it on my laptop tonight. Easier than on the iPhone
So I am making crockpot beef and broccoli tonight... Tweaked the recipe to make it IP friendly. So..... Sesame oil. HOLY COW! I have never cooked with it before. Smells amazing. Researched it and it is pretty much same nutrient/. Calorie wise as grape seed oil so used it on my salad too instead of grape seed.
AMAZING! I am in love
Please don't burst my bubble... I know it is not on the sheet! Hey... That is why I am a 90% B Teamer!

Sounds yummy!! I hope you'll share the recipe link. I'm always looking for new things for us to try!

kaplods
10-09-2013, 04:02 PM
I really think I have to STOP reading the 100% thread. I know better than to post of course, but I thought I would find some inspiration by lurking. After all, I am aspiring to 100% of TSD compliance and perhaps even eventually 100% IP protocol through Alternatives). I see TSD as my "IP training wheels."

Instead I feel kicked in the gut. On one hand, I "get" the 100%ers perspective, but it also feels like there's absolutely no room anywhere for me.

The Simple Diet and HMR plans are closest to "my" plan, but those threads are small and less active than I'd like. I'm hoping to help change that, but that's going to take time. The threads and subforums of other packaged food plans are either less like mine or just as small and slow. And many are just as shunning of anything less than 100% (whether the imperfection is by accident or design).

If The Simple Diet had a subforum as large and as active as IP, I would be there, but then again it would still probably have to be a 90%er thread.

If I could consistently manage 100%, I would. It just hurts to feel that your best is never good enough especially for people you do or would like to admire.

I have to remind myself (today especially, because I've got killer PMS moodswings going on) that my job is losing weight and getting healthy, not impressing anyone with my dazzling perfection.

I also have to remind that on the internet (just like every where else) often people avoid revealing their imperfections (in justified fear of condemnation), and some will condemn others for admitting in public, what they are doing in secret.

I just REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need you guys today! So far, I've been 100% on plan so far and I want to keep it that way.

DJ72
10-09-2013, 04:12 PM
I really think I have to STOP reading the 100% thread. I know better than to post of course, but I thought I would find some inspiration by lurking. After all, I am aspiring to 100% of TSD compliance and perhaps even eventually 100% IP protocol through Alternatives). I see TSD as my "IP training wheels."

Instead I feel kicked in the gut. On one hand, I "get" the 100%ers perspective, but it also feels like there's absolutely no room anywhere for me.

The Simple Diet and HMR plans are closest to "my" plan, but those threads are small and less active than I'd like. I'm hoping to help change that, but that's going to take time. The threads and subforums of other packaged food plans are either less like mine or just as small and slow. And many are just as shunning of anything less than 100% (whether the imperfection is by accident or design).

If The Simple Diet had a subforum as large and as active as IP, I would be there, but then again it would still probably have to be a 90%er thread.

If I could consistently manage 100%, I would. It just hurts to feel that your best is never good enough especially for people you do or would like to admire.

I have to remind myself (today especially, because I've got killer PMS moodswings going on) that my job is losing weight and getting healthy, not impressing anyone with my dazzling perfection.

I also have to remind that on the internet (just like every where else) often people avoid revealing their imperfections (in justified fear of condemnation), and some will condemn others for admitting in public, what they are doing in secret.

I just REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need you guys today! So far, I've been 100% on plan so far and I want to keep it that way.

STAY HERE WITH US!!!! We need you too! You are a wealth of information and love hearing your other than IP ideas. There is a home for people like us! RIGHT HERE!

ktgrrl
10-09-2013, 04:14 PM

The Simple Diet and HMR plans are closest to "my" plan, but those threads are small and less active than I'd like. I'm hoping to help change that, but that's going to take time. The threads and subforums of other packaged food plans are either less like mine or just as small and slow. And many are just as shunning of anything less than 100% (either by accident or design).

:hug: Please know that you are welcome here, and I think we all get it! You are amazing!! Trying your best is the best you can do some days. And if you're 100% today, that's frickin awesome!! And I, personally, will be looking into TSD, because it sounds interesting. It might not work for me, but I'm always open to learning new stuff.

Off to Amazon to purchase TSD book. :cool:

kaplods
10-09-2013, 04:36 PM
I love this thread and I'm so grateful that you've accepted me into the group. I do feel as though I "belong" here (at least as much as I belong anywhere) but reading the 100%er posts today just made me realize how tenuous a sense of belonging can feel.

As low as I felt after reading the 100%er thread, I can only imagine how horrible I would have felt if this thread had not been created (Unfortunately, I have a very vivid imagination and imagining how I would have felt, felt bad enough in it's own right).

This thread is really something unique and special.

kcandponies
10-09-2013, 04:40 PM

Your best is just that, and don't worry what other people do. This is NOT a performance, we are NOT your audience, coach, measuring stick. We are all here for support, to vent, andto help each other. :)
I think of this group as the 90% (judgement free zone)

Skeeterab
10-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi Kaplods,

I think that it would be great if we could visit both threads. I, like you, am 100%, at least so far today ;) I think that there are some wise, giving and helpful people in the 100% thread and it would be sad if we missed out on their insights because of a few negative, irritating and intolerant people on that board. On the other hand, it is really nice to have a 90% thread where we can admit our missteps without feeling like we will incur the wrath of the masses or endless painfully patronizing posts.

Anita

Meeshellee
10-09-2013, 04:47 PM

Love this!!!

AliExpat
10-09-2013, 04:55 PM
I love this thread and I'm so grateful that you've accepted me into the group. I do feel as though I "belong" here (at least as much as I belong anywhere) but reading the 100%er posts today just made me realize how tenuous a sense of belonging can feel.

As low as I felt after reading the 100%er thread, I can only imagine how horrible I would have felt if this thread had not been created (Unfortunately, I have a very vivid imagination and imagining how I would have felt, felt bad enough in it's own right).

This thread is really something unique and special.

Don't feel low, cheer up!!! You are still working your plan, and you have your IP coach in real life as well (hopefully you have a good coach). We are here to support and not judge. We don't have to answer to anyone or explain a glass of wine to anyone. You can always start new threads to ask questions or even post in the daily chat thread. Don't you worry, kaplods...we will all be alright!!!

AliExpat
10-09-2013, 04:57 PM
AMAZING! I am in love

Oh Sesame Oil!!! I make a mean stir fry with Sesame oil, but I haven't used it since I've been on IP (is it 0/0/0)? Hmmm, beef and broccoli, yummy!!

AliExpat
10-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Your best is just that, and don't worry what other people do. This is NOT a performance, we are NOT your audience, coach, measuring stick. We are all here for support, to vent, andto help each other. :)

If there was a "LIKE" button I would "LIKE" this, lol.

smoothysmom
10-09-2013, 04:59 PM
This thread is my new home! Like many of you, I have intentions of being 100% and really try to comply, yet I have had oops moments along the way. I was given the impression elsewhere that that was horrible (and, by implication) that I was a horrible IP participant because I screwed up. I'm pretty healthy in my head, but that hurt! and was terribly discouraging!!

Maybe part of the mentality that we need is similar to the difference in attitudes between me and my friend, who is also on IP. She cheats and just laughs it off because "I've cheated on every other diet too and still lose weight". For me, that attitude isn't going to cut it. If I go off plan, two things happen - I feel bad about it and I want to immediately get back on track.

Cheating isn't something I condone - I KNOW it's a slippery slope - but, if I do have an oops, I do the best I can in the situation and then I forgive myself and move on.

I've lost 45+ lbs since May 1st on IP but had not lost one single pound (literally, not even one) on any other diet I've tried in the past 12 years. IP works for me.

kaplods
10-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Don't feel low, cheer up!!! You are still working your plan, and you have your IP coach in real life as well (hopefully you have a good coach). We are here to support and not judge. We don't have to answer to anyone or explain a glass of wine to anyone. You can always start new threads to ask questions or even post in the daily chat thread. Don't you worry, kaplods...we will all be alright!!!

I'm actually on "The Simple Diet" (the DIY, gocery-store, sort-of-kind-of-not-really like IP plan), so no "formal" coach, but I do have a strong nutrition knowledge base and a good support network online and off.

You're right though, we will all be alright.

AliExpat
10-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm actually on "The Simple Diet" (the DIY, gocery-store, sort-of-kind-of-not-really like IP plan), so no "formal" coach, but I do have a strong nutrition knowledge base and a good support network online and off.

You're right though, we will all be alright.

*D'OH* Oh yeah...I forgot, lol.

kaplods
10-09-2013, 05:21 PM

I know this, but needed the reminder, right now. If I could be knocked unconscious for pms/period week every month, I would lose weight and maintain a healthy weight easily.

I wonder if that means I'll feel more or less in control after menopause?

Skinnyjeangirl
10-09-2013, 05:45 PM
I will be stopping here too! woot woot

Skeeterab
10-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi All,
I have 19 posts and I really want to get a ticker so this is my totally shameless and gratuitous 20th post. You seem like a pretty understanding crowd so I hope that you all forgive me :^:
Anita

p.s. I made some tasty zucchini fritters/latkes this past weekend with a crispy cereal pack, zucchini and some egg whites. The recipe needs some work, but I will post it when I think that I am done tweaking it.

MrsBez
10-09-2013, 06:26 PM
LOVE this thread! I have not felt comfortable posting in that 'other place' for many of the same reasons that have been mentioned here already. I did IP proper for two weeks and then for various reasons (mostly financial) I switched to alternatives. I strive to be IP compliant but sh!t happens sometimes. I have not "cheated" - meaning I haven't had junk food or treats but I know some days I don't get all my veggies or I don't get enough meat or I forget to take my vitamins or I have a little cheese on my food. I don't beat myself up for it so why would I want other people to? You guys are awesome!

Meeshellee
10-09-2013, 07:56 PM
I Just have to get one thing off my chest and this is the only place I feel comfortable enough to do it. Why do I find it so infuriating when someone posts how you can't say you're on IP if you cheat occasionally because you give IP a bad name, yet there are others who have never purchased an IP product in their life and they can claim the IP badge of honor. I don't know why this bugs me and maybe I'm too invested in what others think on here, but man that's irritating. I have a coach, I consume 3 packets a day with the IP logo on them, I eat shredded carrots in bagged salad, sometime I have a small amount of cheese, I haven't had a single off program sweet treat since I started the program, haven't been to mcdonalds either, I've lost 50 lbs in 3 mos, IM ON IP and I'm not perfect...

I will now get off my soapbox and go back to my normal life. Thank you.

Milli55
10-09-2013, 08:09 PM
I Just have to get one thing off my chest and this is the only place I feel comfortable enough to do it. Why do I find it so infuriating when someone posts how you can't say you're on IP if you cheat occasionally because you give IP a bad name, yet there are others who have never purchased an IP product in their life and they can claim the IP badge of honor. I don't know why this bugs me and maybe I'm too invested in what others think on here, but man that's irritating. I have a coach, I consume 3 packets a day with the IP logo on them, I eat shredded carrots in bagged salad, sometime I have a small amount of cheese, I haven't had a single off program sweet treat since I started the program, haven't been to mcdonalds either, I've lost 50 lbs in 3 mos, IM ON IP and I'm not perfect...

I agree Mee! I also don't understand why it is ok to call others names such as "trolls". This a public forum and everyone has a right to their opinions. This does not mean that one person runs this entire site. I find such name calling rude, disrespectful, and in poor judgement. Not someone that says they are "paying it forward". Sad really that it is like this.

Jojo381972
10-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi Kaplods,

I think that it would be great if we could visit both threads. I, like you, am 100%, at least so far today ;) I think that there are some wise, giving and helpful people in the 100% thread and it would be sad if we missed out on their insights because of a few negative, irritating and intolerant people on that board. On the other hand, it is really nice to have a 90% thread where we can admit our missteps without feeling like we will incur the wrath of the masses or endless painfully patronizing posts.

Anita

I like this too. I'm definitely not taking sides with anyone. I'm new on the IP program and trying my best. If I screw up than I have to pay the consequences, no one else. I wish everyone the best! :carrot:

Meeshellee
10-09-2013, 08:55 PM
I agree Mee! I also don't understand why it is ok to call others names such as "trolls". This a public forum and everyone has a right to their opinions. This does not mean that one person runs this entire site. I find such name calling rude, disrespectful, and in poor judgement. Not someone that says they are "paying it forward". Sad really that it is like this.

Thank you. I'm sorry for the harsh words that were said to you. You are entitled to your opinion and to stick up for what you believe without name calling.

kaplods
10-09-2013, 08:58 PM
I had a small victory tonight. Hubby brought home a small bag of chocolate for me (a peace offering to my monthly shewolf) and instead of eating it (despite wanting it BADLY), I made a "packet" by adding 16g of microfiltered whey protein isolate to a package of instant hot cocoa (you do have to add the nutrition label counts of your cocoa mix and your whey protein to make sure the total matches your packet guidelines if you're ok with using an Alternative).

Hubby usually knows better than to bring me home unsolicited chocolate, but these last few months have been such terrible pms months for me that I suspect he became desperate (when all else fails, throw chocolate at her and duck and cover).

Meeshellee
10-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi Kaplods,

Anita

I agree. However I feel that I will only lurk in the other threads and not post there as sometimes the backlash can be a bit harsh. Which is why so many have come here and opened up about how they were afraid to post before.

Milli55
10-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Thank you. I'm sorry for the harsh words that were said to you. You are entitled to your opinion and to stick up for what you believe without name calling.

And I thank you. I'm new here. I did not come here for name calling or petty perspectives. I am/was here for support with a difficult battle of weight and diet. I doubt I will stay after the lashing. Simply is not worth the stress or time.

kaplods
10-09-2013, 09:28 PM
And I thank you. I'm new here. I did not come here for name calling or petty perspectives. I am/was here for support with a difficult battle of weight and diet. I doubt I will stay after the lashing. Simply is not worth the stress or time.

I hope you will stay, if only for this thread, but if you explore the other areas of this site (the more general support threads, or even general chatter), I think you'll find that most areas are MUCH less confrontational as I think everyone in this thread is trying to be...

What you've encountered so far is not typical of the site as a whole.

dak1lls
10-09-2013, 09:29 PM

I hope you do stay, it makes me sad to see this happening. It has always been the highlight of my day to see all the successes on the scale and off for everyone. That is how I have been able to stick with this, by seeing how others are dealing with the challenges we face every day. I learn something from those who are able to stay OP and those who aren't at times. No one is perfect and my attempts to stay OP have luckily worked out. That is just my individual experience. I hope I can continue to share my experiences and that they never come across as judgemental, as I NEVER mean for them to be. I take each day as it comes, and sometimes each minute....sometimes by the skin of my teeth. There are days when this is the hardest thing I have ever done, and yet it is getting easier for me. Congrats to everyone today on your NSV and scale victories.

Meeshellee
10-09-2013, 09:29 PM

That's too bad. There really is a lot of good information on here and a lot of good people. But a few bad comments can ruin it.

Rhonduz
10-09-2013, 11:03 PM
So sorry milli! We are not all perfect, but everyone should have a safe place to find support. I hope all are doing well. I'm heading down on week three of reboot on alternatives and 100%! Love you all! Good luck on WIs.

Cherie2888
10-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Has anyone else had a less than enthusiastic response to weight loss from your doctor? I had my annual physical and I was down 106 pounds from last year. I was almost done with my appointment when she finally said, 'so how did you loose the weight?' No 'good job' or 'keep up the good work.' After being shamed by doctors over the years for gaining weight, I was expecting some positive reinforcement.

Lolu120
10-10-2013, 02:29 AM
! It's so disheartening when I feel like I'm on the right track & then I just have one of those days & give in to the horrible food that got me fat in the first place! And then if I do give in, I have to stop myself from thinking the way I used to. You know, that little voice that tells you to just give up cause you screwed it all up anyway. How do you stop that way of thinking? I know that I can do this, I know I'm strong enough. It's just hard to stay 100% motivated all of the time. I'm greatful for this forum so that I can vent, that does help a bit. Hope everyone is staying motivated!

Lolu120
10-10-2013, 02:36 AM
I'm sorry Cherie2888. You would think your Dr would be praising you on a job well done. You are doing amazing on your diet & you need to know that! Don't let 1 person get you down. I hope to follow in your footsteps & lose as fast as you! 106lbs since March is an amazing feat & very inspiring. :) good luck this week!

DJ72
10-10-2013, 03:06 AM
Now entering Day 10. Wonder what today will bring?
Giving all my fellow losers a big vote of confidence for today. We can do this!!!!

Clarington45
10-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi All, Wow, I am way from the boards for a few days and looked what happened.. :) I have had a rough two weeks I was doing awesome and then.. not so awesome especially last week.. so back on the wagon.. seeing the scale go up a pound after I was so excited watching it go down was not fun this morning..so will go grocery shopping and get lots of veggies / IP foods.. everyone have a great day OP..

trishthayer
10-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Morning everyone!!! This thread got so big so fast!!!! If that does not say it all! Hope everyone was a great day at whatever % is for them! Good luck!

nalaroo
10-10-2013, 08:52 AM
I've lost 50 lbs in 3 mos, IM ON IP and I'm not perfect...

WOW! That's amazing. :flame: You're on FIRE. Keep up the good work.

It's taken me 6 months to lose 60lbs so you must be doing something right.

I can do anything
10-10-2013, 08:53 AM
I have been lurking on this thread since it was created. I feel like there is a place for this thread, and I believe that there is a lot of love and support here.

I never considered myself 100% OP from the start. I have always struggled to have the third packet everyday. I have also had cooked onions and probably tomatoes more than twice a week, especially in the summer when they were more abundant. If that is consider "cheating" so be it.

Everyday I strive to be 100% OP but I am human and I am not perfect. IP allows me to choose my personal journey and with each decision I make I have a choice to be OP or not. Like we all do.

Each of us has had a different journey that has led us to this place and each of us has a different path to take to reach our goals. I am all about inspirational quotes. Two that come to mind are:
"Failure is not the falling down, it is the staying down."
"You can escape everything but the consequences of your actions"

I hope everyone has a great day.

dak1lls
10-10-2013, 09:40 AM
One of my biggest weaknesses is cake. Lately I have really been wanting some. I suppose it is hormone related. Anyway, yesterday I dug out Rainbow's chocolate whoopie pie recipe. I doubled it and baked it in a pan slightly smaller than my 9x9 pan. I frosted it with WF caramel dip while still warm. All day I waited for that cake! I cut it in squares and stacked them like a layered cake. DH and I both had a piece of delicious chocolate cake for dessert last night. I wish i could post a picture of it.

nolasmurf
10-10-2013, 09:44 AM
One of my biggest weaknesses is cake. Lately I have really been wanting some. I suppose it is hormone related. Anyway, yesterday I dug out Rainbow's chocolate whoopie pie recipe. I doubled it and baked it in a pan slightly smaller than my 9x9 pan. I frosted it with WF caramel dip while still warm. All day I waited for that cake! I cut it in squares and stacked them like a layered cake. DH and I both had a piece of delicious chocolate cake for dessert last night. I wish i could post a picture of it.

Omg that sounds good. Guess I know what I'm doing after weigh in!

ktgrrl
10-10-2013, 10:11 AM

This sounds amazing!! I was having the protidiet cake last night as a little treat after dinner, and remarked to DH that I really wanted to get some WF caramel dip to use as frosting. He laughed since he knows that cake is my biggest weakness. So much so that I joke that my upper tummy-flub is created with the help of God and cake.

animallover
10-10-2013, 10:49 AM

I love this idea! Why did I never think of this?!? Thank you!!!!!!!!!

AliExpat
10-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi Lovelies!!!

I have a NSV today!!! I am wearing a pair of heels!!!! I haven't worn heels in about 4 years!!! I have a spring in my step, I'm not all wobbly when I walk, my feet and joints aren't hurting, I feel great!!! What a difference 25lbs makes!!

Have a good OP day, and if you slip up, be kind to yourself and do better tomorrow!!!!

clbott
10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Hi All,
I have 19 posts and I really want to get a ticker so this is my totally shameless and gratuitous 20th post. You seem like a pretty understanding crowd so I hope that you all forgive me :^:
Anita

p.s. I made some tasty zucchini fritters/latkes this past weekend with a crispy cereal pack, zucchini and some egg whites. The recipe needs some work, but I will post it when I think that I am done tweaking it.

Where is your ticker? I was SOOOOOO geeked to get mine! Have a good day!

Meeshellee
10-10-2013, 11:02 AM
I've been a big fan of the IP microwave cake. I can find the recipe if you don't have it, but it's warm and yummy and easy to make.

nolasmurf
10-10-2013, 11:03 AM
I've been a big fan of the IP microwave cake. I can find the recipe if you don't have it, but it's warm and yummy and easy to make.

Yes please! My clinic didn't have the crepes that Rainbow uses.
Down 1.2 lbs but definitely bloated!

Meeshellee
10-10-2013, 11:04 AM
WOW! That's amazing. :flame: You're on FIRE. Keep up the good work.

It's taken me 6 months to lose 60lbs so you must be doing something right.

Thank you. I think it helps that I don't have to deal with TOM as much as others. I'm on BC that cycles every 3 mos so that makes it nice.

ktgrrl
10-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey everyone.

So, DH and I have been doing IP-ish for a few months now, and well, I hate our scale. We had one, it was kinda crappy and never gave the same results twice (like back to back), so I bought a new one. And now I have a hard time getting a reading because I'm all wibbly wobbly when I get on. Any one have a recommendation for a nice scale, that weighs up to 350, simple to use (just step on and go?), and isn't sooo crazy sensitive?

Thanks!! :D

cassieleeanne
10-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Ok I wear an 18 sweet heart jean from Old Navy and I can slide them off and on so easily. BUT a 16 is too snug. This is the frustrating part abt losing weight, walk around with baggy saggy pants or squeeze into ones that just don't fit quiet yet and feel mooshed. **sigh**

How did you tackle this issue? I am going to wait it out before I get new jeans.

Try other places for jeans. Maybe you are an 18 at Old Navy but could be smaller some where else and fit better when your in between sizes. The thing I did when I was losing was wear mostly dresses or leggings. jeans are so expensive, so I went from wearing a 18/20 to buying one pair of 16's then down to a 10/11. Belts work amazingly especially when you have a brother to add holes every couple weeks :D

cassieleeanne
10-10-2013, 11:46 AM
I had a small victory tonight. Hubby brought home a small bag of chocolate for me (a peace offering to my monthly shewolf) and instead of eating it (despite wanting it BADLY), I made a "packet" by adding 16g of microfiltered whey protein isolate to a package of instant hot cocoa (you do have to add the nutrition label counts of your cocoa mix and your whey protein to make sure the total matches your packet guidelines if you're ok with using an Alternative).

Hubby usually knows better than to bring me home unsolicited chocolate, but these last few months have been such terrible pms months for me that I suspect he became desperate (when all else fails, throw chocolate at her and duck and cover).

Love this!! At least he loves you and is thinking about you, good job!!

cassieleeanne
10-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Has anyone else had a less than enthusiastic response to weight loss from your doctor? I had my annual physical and I was down 106 pounds from last year. I was almost done with my appointment when she finally said, 'so how did you loose the weight?' No 'good job' or 'keep up the good work.' After being shamed by doctors over the years for gaining weight, I was expecting some positive reinforcement.

That is a bummer you think she would praise you, sorry :(

clbott
10-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Hey everyone.

So, DH and I have been doing IP-ish for a few months now, and well, I hate our scale. We had one, it was kinda crappy and never gave the same results twice (like back to back), so I bought a new one. And now I have a hard time getting a reading because I'm all wibbly wobbly when I get on. Any one have a recommendation for a nice scale, that weighs up to 350, simple to use (just step on and go?), and isn't sooo crazy sensitive?

I got this one about a month ago - Love it! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

when i first got it - I got on and off many many times to check it - same result every time!

ktgrrl
10-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I got this one about a month ago - Love it! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

when i first got it - I got on and off many many times to check it - same result every time!

Ohhh thanks! I've looked at that, and it's got great ratings. Nice to "know" someone who has used it and had good results!

AliExpat
10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
! It's so disheartening when I feel like I'm on the right track & then I just have one of those days & give in to the horrible food that got me fat in the first place! And then if I do give in, I have to stop myself from thinking the way I used to. You know, that little voice that tells you to just give up cause you screwed it all up anyway. How do you stop that way of thinking? I know that I can do this, I know I'm strong enough. It's just hard to stay 100% motivated all of the time. I'm greatful for this forum so that I can vent, that does help a bit. Hope everyone is staying motivated!

Hi Lolu!!! The only thing I think about as a consequence of a slip-up is, how will this affect my Pancreas. The whole theory behind IP is to give the Pancreas a rest by cutting out foods that encourage your body to produce insulin. Once we're in Ketosis our bodies are no longer burning stored glycogen (sugars) but burning the fat. With all that said, if you do give in...think about how your organs will have to readjust to deal with what you just ate. That's what works for me, remembering the medicine and science of the program. If you slip and have a mouthful of something, don't blow the entire day because of it; shake it off and focus on making your next meal a good OP one.

Instead of taking things day to day, focus on meal to meal, it may be more manageable. Just my two cents.

sarahBell
10-10-2013, 12:16 PM

can I have the recipe please? I need some cake :(

evepet
10-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi Lolu!!! The only thing I think about as a consequence of a slip-up is, how will this affect my Pancreas. The whole theory behind IP is to give the Pancreas a rest by cutting out foods that encourage your body to produce insulin. Once we're in Ketosis our bodies are no longer burning stored glycogen (sugars) but burning the fat. With all that said, if you do give in...think about how your organs will have to readjust to deal with what you just ate. That's what works for me, remembering the medicine and science of the program. If you slip and have a mouthful of something, don't blow the entire day because of it; shake it off and focus on making your next meal a good OP one.

Instead of taking things day to day, focus on meal to meal, it may be more manageable. Just my two cents.

Good post. ITA. Remembering the theory of the IP diet helps me too.. the fact that this diet is designed to reset the pancreas, and that it won't happen when I eat something that throws me out of ketosis. Thinking of that has kept me strong many times.

Hey everyone.

I have this one and totally recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C-Composition-Sensing-Monitor/dp/B0020MMCDE

cassieleeanne
10-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Good post. ITA. Remembering the theory of the IP diet helps me too.. the fact that this diet is designed to reset the pancreas, and that it won't happen when I eat something that throws me out of ketosis. Thinking of that has kept me strong many times.

I have this one and totally recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C-Composition-Sensing-Monitor/dp/B0020MMCDE

I have that one too love it, my boyfriend calls it the robot LOL

jordanna
10-10-2013, 04:59 PM
IP MUG CAKE:

1 pkg Chocolate Drink (replace with vanilla or cappuccino *must be powder)
1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp splenda (if desired, can be omitted)
Splash of vanilla

-Put the drink mix in a big mug
Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily

-Add the other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )

-Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth

-Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE because it will inflate like crazy, but then deflate again.

-let it cool & enjoy.

*alternately mix it all up in your shaker as per directions and then pour it in to a microwave safe glass loaf pan and bake for same amount of time (it won't explode over the edges this way.

*exchange olive oil for coconut oil (liquified) and vanilla extract for coconut extract for a change in flavor

kcandponies
10-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Jordanna, does this work with other chocolate drink mixes, or just IP?
How much protein powder drink mix if it's the scoopable kind?

jordanna
10-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Jordanna, does this work with other chocolate drink mixes, or just IP?
How much protein powder drink mix if it's the scoopable kind?

I have honestly never tried it with any alternatives...I do know that there are mug cakes on the internet using normal cake mixes so I can only assume that it would probably work? I think it might just have to be trial and error or maybe google "low carb high protein mug cake" to get an idea of how much protein powder people might use? What I do know is that it has to be the powder and not a liquid low carb drink.

Meeshellee
10-10-2013, 06:36 PM
IP MUG CAKE:

1 pkg Chocolate Drink (replace with vanilla or cappuccino *must be powder)
1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp splenda (if desired, can be omitted)
Splash of vanilla

-Put the drink mix in a big mug
Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily

-Add the other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )

-Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth

-Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE because it will inflate like crazy, but then deflate again.

-let it cool & enjoy.

*alternately mix it all up in your shaker as per directions and then pour it in to a microwave safe glass loaf pan and bake for same amount of time (it won't explode over the edges this way.

*exchange olive oil for coconut oil (liquified) and vanilla extract for coconut extract for a change in flavor

That's the one. Thanks for finding it. I actually make mine in a bowl because it puffs up so much. But it's yummy!

Lolu120
10-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Thank you AliExpat! I actually didn't think of that, it will definitely help me next time I get a craving. This forum helps a lot too. Just knowing I can talk to people that are doing the same diet is a huge help. Good luck everyone!!

dsjsmom23
10-10-2013, 10:33 PM

I wear the Rock Star jeans from Old Navy. I like them because they are stretchier than the sweet hearts. I can wear them longer.

One thing I will suggest is try on a few different pairs in the same size. I am currently a size 18 in the rock star jeans, and I have 4 pairs of 18's. Each one fits differently.
I have 2 pair that are very loose and comfy. I wear them the most LOL
I have 2 other size 18's that are too tight, and uncomfortable at the moment to wear. I buy mine online, so I don't try them on first.

They are all the EXACT same pair of jeans. Just different washes. Some are darker, some are lighter.

It's so weird.

dsjsmom23
10-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Oh, and I wanted to say, LOVE this thread! I think I have found a new place to be! :)
I just need to figure out how to read from my phone LOL so I can be more active here!

jordanna
10-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I wear the Rock Star jeans from Old Navy. I like them because they are stretchier than the sweet hearts. I can wear them longer.

One thing I will suggest is try on a few different pairs in the same size. I am currently a size 18 in the rock star jeans, and I have 4 pairs of 18's. Each one fits differently.
I have 2 pair that are very loose and comfy. I wear them the most LOL
I have 2 other size 18's that are too tight, and uncomfortable at the moment to wear. I buy mine online, so I don't try them on first.

They are all the EXACT same pair of jeans. Just different washes. Some are darker, some are lighter.

It's so weird.

Agreed!! Rockstar jeans are great. Fit so well, and you can wear them longer than normal jeans...dsjsmom...too bad you don't live near by, I'm just growing out of my 20's and in to 18's lol.

patns
10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I have honestly never tried it with any alternatives...I do know that there are mug cakes on the internet using normal cake mixes so I can only assume that it would probably work? I think it might just have to be trial and error or maybe google "low carb high protein mug cake" to get an idea of how much protein powder people might use? What I do know is that it has to be the powder and not a liquid low carb drink.

Hi Jordanna!!

To answer the question about doing this with alternatives, it doesn't work nearly as well. That was the only drawback I had using alternatives, the real IP products work better in most of the recipes.

kdsura
10-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Good morning, 90%ers! Hope everyone has a great day and weekend :)

kcandponies
10-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Good morning all!
My WI was last night, disappointing in a way. I knew I had not lost much, and have been feeling really bad lately, definitely felt like I was doing something wrong.
Anyway, I weigh in every 2 weeks, and was only down 1.5 pounds over the 2 weeks. My measurements were much better though, I lost 4 inches in those 2 weeks. So my coach was very encouraging, and said I am doing great, in 5 weeks my total losses are 11.5 pounds and 12 inches!

I know if I would stick with the program 100% I would do better, and my goal for the next 2 weeks is to improve my eating, plan ahead and avoid the social situations which have been messing me up (darn regular salad dressing!0

Hope everyone has a super fantastic weekend!

AliExpat
10-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Lovelies,

Yesterday I was RAVENOUS again :-( I had my lunch (Chix ala King and my standard IP salad) by 12:30 but by 2:00 I was STARVING!!! I drank tons of water and even chewed a piece of gum. I got home and made baked chicken and pork steaks (a much fattier cut). I was going to go for the chicken but the pork was ready first. I couldn't even wait for my frozen broccoli to cook, I devoured the pork and much more than 8oz I must say. I did eat my broccoli and felt better. But then by 9pm I was starving AGAIN so I had a 4th packet (milk chocolate pudding). I slept like a baby, I was full and content and it felt good. This morning I'm hungry but not crazy hungry. Going to have a cup of coffee with milk (just a splash and not half n half) and an IP choco peanut bar.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Meeshellee
10-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Good Morning Lovelies,

Yesterday I was RAVENOUS again :-( I had my lunch (Chix ala King and my standard IP salad) by 12:30 but by 2:00 I was STARVING!!! I drank tons of water and even chewed a piece of gum. I got home and made baked chicken and pork steaks (a much fattier cut). I was going to go for the chicken but the pork was ready first. I couldn't even wait for my frozen broccoli to cook, I devoured the pork and much more than 8oz I must say. I did eat my broccoli and felt better. But then by 9pm I was starving AGAIN so I had a 4th packet (milk chocolate pudding). I slept like a baby, I was full and content and it felt good. This morning I'm hungry but not crazy hungry. Going to have a cup of coffee with milk (just a splash and not half n half) and an IP choco peanut bar.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

I've found that if I have a premier protein drink for breakfast in the morning with spinach that helps me not be so ravenous through the day. I get the regular ones, not the snack ones. I realize these aren't 100% on plan due to the larger size (thus increasing protein and calorie counts) but it really does set me off on the right foot for the day. Other than that I mainly use IP products. But I find that the IP drinks don't stay with me as long in the mornings and I'm more tempted to cheat during the day. Good luck!

DJ72
10-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Good morning all!
My WI was last night, disappointing in a way. I knew I had not lost much, and have been feeling really bad lately, definitely felt like I was doing something wrong.
Anyway, I weigh in every 2 weeks, and was only down 1.5 pounds over the 2 weeks. My measurements were much better though, I lost 4 inches in those 2 weeks. So my coach was very encouraging, and said I am doing great, in 5 weeks my total losses are 11.5 pounds and 12 inches!

I know if I would stick with the program 100% I would do better, and my goal for the next 2 weeks is to improve my eating, plan ahead and avoid the social situations which have been messing me up (darn regular salad dressing!0

Hope everyone has a super fantastic weekend!

Don't get discouraged!!! Think of the inches Girl!!! Wow! Proud of you!!! Whoop whoop!
I honestly never lost more than a pound or two after my first two weeks last go around. It is all good!

I honestly feel more human and more support than ever with all you guys here! It is so empowering to read everybody's posts and know that my feelings are the same as so many out there. Starting day 11 here and thinking this is gonna work.... WE CAN AND WILL BEAT THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE!
Losing it is only half the battle... Keeping it off is the toughie! But I will be TOUGHER!

HAPPY FRIDAY! Lets get 'er on!

AliExpat
10-11-2013, 10:33 AM
I've found that if I have a premier protein drink for breakfast in the morning with spinach that helps me not be so ravenous through the day. I get the regular ones, not the snack ones. I realize these aren't 100% on plan due to the larger size (thus increasing protein and calorie counts) but it really does set me off on the right foot for the day. Other than that I mainly use IP products. But I find that the IP drinks don't stay with me as long in the mornings and I'm more tempted to cheat during the day. Good luck!

Thanks Meeshellee...I had a restricted for breakfast (choco peanut bar) and I was fine by lunch, but after lunch I was starving. My salad didn't have over 2 cups of veggies, I had my oil and salt. Odd...

I have to stick to the IP foods because it really isn't cost effective to bring in any alternatives because while they are cheaper and discount is taken away by shipping and customs duty fees to the island.

jordanna
10-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi Jordanna!!

To answer the question about doing this with alternatives, it doesn't work nearly as well. That was the only drawback I had using alternatives, the real IP products work better in most of the recipes.

Thanks Pat!! and Hello friend :)

Meeshellee
10-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks Meeshellee...I had a restricted for breakfast (choco peanut bar) and I was fine by lunch, but after lunch I was starving. My salad didn't have over 2 cups of veggies, I had my oil and salt. Odd...

I have to stick to the IP foods because it really isn't cost effective to bring in any alternatives because while they are cheaper and discount is taken away by shipping and customs duty fees to the island.

Oh wow. I didn't pay attention to your location. Not sure if they have a costco nearby, but that's where you get these shakes.

ktgrrl
10-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!!!

The weather here in the District(ish) is still yucky, and, I'm going to be totally honest here, yesterday was a bad food day. But today, I'm back at it, and sticking to it. I had an EAS shake for breakfast, and am now nibbling a MediFast bar that a co-worker brought in for me to try. And OMGoodness!! Yummy!!! Lunch is broccoli and chicken noodle soup with lots of water. And dinner tonight should be what I call "Eggplant Lasagna." It's a cross between lasagna and eggplant parm. Super yummy!! Love it! If anyone is interested in my non-recipe recipe, I'm happy to share.

Wondering if anyone has some good recipes for chicken breasts as I've got a bunch in the freezer that were bought on a pretty good deal and am bored to death of plain baked chicken. Any ideas?

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

AliExpat
10-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Oh wow. I didn't pay attention to your location. Not sure if they have a costco nearby, but that's where you get these shakes.

Nope, no Costco, no Walmart. *Sigh*

Meeshellee
10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Nope, no Costco, no Walmart. *Sigh*

Wow. You're someone that can say IP is cheaper than alternatives. :)

kcandponies
10-11-2013, 10:59 AM

Have you tried having a hard boiled egg or some egg whites?
I add these on really hungry days. No more than one whole egg and 2 egg whites.

AliExpat
10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Darn it I didn't even think about eggs! And people here are always talking about "that extra egg". It didn't even cross my mind. Thanks KC.

JLUS
10-11-2013, 12:04 PM
IP Soup Alternatives.

Looking for what alternative brands you like. Ordering from Nashua this weekend.

BTW Nashua has FREE Shipping on orders over $49 thru Tues

Rhonduz
10-11-2013, 12:08 PM
IP Soup Alternatives.

Looking for what alternative brands you like. Ordering from Nashua this weekend.

I love Proti diet beef flavored!

ktgrrl
10-11-2013, 12:20 PM
IP Soup Alternatives.

Obscenely huge fan of the ProtiDiet chicken noodle soup! I have it everyday for lunch, and it's really really good!!! I've also heard good things about the chicken flavored soup as well. Also ProtiDiet's pizza mix? Pretty good, it's small, but will definitely feed the fix. And the chocolate dream bars!! OHHH!!! Like a nestle's crunch bar! Sooooo good!! And... and... and.... I could keep adding on, but hopefully this helps with some suggestions to start. :D

evepet
10-11-2013, 12:39 PM
For you soup lovers... :)

I started out purchasing ProtiDiet soups through a source in Canada that went out of business last fall. I used to nuke my veggies and then blend them in with my pea or chicken protein soups.

When we lost that online source I resorted to making my own, using veggies and regular whey protein isolate powder that I buy from my local health food store. Plus some spices, etc. to add some pizzazz. Some of you (especially if you're finding it difficult to find variety or good local product sources, etc) might like them... the 'recipe' is available through my blog - link in the signature line below. Of course you have to know the nutritional values of the unflavored protein powder you are using, and calculate accordingly to end up with an IP-protocol approvable veggie/protein soup. I served my cauliflower soup to a friend and she said it tasted like a gourmet restaurant soup. :)

Skinnyjeangirl
10-11-2013, 01:21 PM

Mine are cupcakes :)

schenectady
10-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi Lovelies!!!

I have a NSV today!!! I am wearing a pair of heels!!!! I haven't worn heels in about 4 years!!! I have a spring in my step, I'm not all wobbly when I walk, my feet and joints aren't hurting, I feel great!!! What a difference 25lbs makes!!

I am SO glad to read this! High heel leather shoes used to be my indulgence, but as I gained weight, I had to give them up. You are right about wobbly and hurting joints.

I am hoping when I am closer to goal, maybe after ONDERLAND to go out and try on some new shoes that are not flats or sneakers

You have given me hope!

kaplods
10-11-2013, 10:24 PM
I had another awsome day! Consecutively awesome days during pms week, it feels a like a miracle!

slow2lose
10-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks so much for posting this, I'm going to pull out my crockpot - sounds like it would make for good leftovers and get me away from that plain grilled protein that I despise. Many thanks!!!!

I use my crock pot a lot. I put my 2 cups of approved veggies in the bottom, and put pork loin chops on top. Sprinkle with no-salt seasoning & some garlic powder and fresh grated black pepper. Cook on high for about 2 hrs. Then I spread a light coating of a WF bbq sauce on the pork loin shops, and cook for another 1/2 hour. The meat is tender and moist, and the veggies fantastic. I like a combo of sliced onion, peppers, and rutabaga.

I also made a great stew with lean beef stew meat, and onions, celery, peppers, and mushrooms. Used a low-sodium/low carb beef bouillion mix that I found at my local health food store. Delicious.

Chicken breasts are also tasty cooked in a crock pot. Somehow meat turns out moist and tender. And by throwing your veggies in there too, everything cooks at the same time. No muss no fuss.

I also make turkey loaf in the crockpot. I combine a package of ground turkey (about 1 lb) with 1 egg, 1-2 tbsp each of dried parsley and onion flakes, about 1 tbsp. WF bbq sauce and 1 tbsp. of low carb catsup, dash of worcestershire sauce, about 1 tbsp. of regular mustard, and spices (pepper, thyme, garlic) and cook for about 2.5 hours.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without my crockpot! Use it almost every day.

I also like to cook fish or chicken breasts in foil packets in the oven, along with some spices and vegetables. The fish/meat comes out tender, moist and flavorful. There's a good article at this link using fish in the recipe :- http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-baked-halibut-tomatoes-62306

slow2lose
10-12-2013, 10:28 AM
YAY someone else who eats cheese!! I sometimes have one ounce (measured) per day. And try telling your bank account you aren't on IP LOL. My coach even CONDONES my 1 ounce of cheese per day and checked with one of her experts on it. Of course they would rather you didn't but said 1 ounce would be OK occasionally.

evepet
10-12-2013, 11:28 AM
I had another awsome day! Consecutively awesome days during pms week, it feels a like a miracle!

Congrats!

Thanks so much for posting this, I'm going to pull out my crockpot - sounds like it would make for good leftovers and get me away from that plain grilled protein that I despise. Many thanks!!!!

Glad to be helpful. As I said - I LOVE my crockpot!

What I've copied below is part of an article Glycogen: The Reason to Rejoice in Losing Water Weight by Heather Elaine Yates, taken from a blog post on the Yahoo contributor network... I think it describes the process quite well, and helped me to understand why my weight loss was so high (9lbs) during my first week on the IP diet.

(Quote): Most people do not realize how energy is stored in their body, and so do not understand the significant biological steps towards a healthy weight. The first step is using up your excess glycogen, which is where the "water weight" comes in.
When you eat, your body first breaks down the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into the simplest form that it needs to be able to use them. The primary nutrients released into the bloodstream for our bodies to use are glucose, triglycerides, and amino acids. Glucose is the main energy fuel for most of your body's energy needs. When there is more glucose in your blood than your body can use right away (which is usually the case after any meal), it is modified and stored for later use. One of these stored components is glycogen. The process that turns glucose into glycogen for storage takes in over 2 grams of water for every 1 gram of glycogen (so for each gram of glycogen stored you have over 3 grams of total weight added).

Glycogen is stored in liver and muscles tissues in your body, though some is also stored in the kidneys and intestine. When your body is active (even sleeping your burn energy) and runs out of glucose in the blood, the body begins to break down the stored glycogen so that your cells have the fuel they need. As your body converts glycogen back into glucose, it releases those extra grams of water, which are then filter through your kidneys and out they go.

How much glycogen a person stores is directly correlated to how much the person weighs. Your body normal stores enough glycogen so that your body has easy access to energy for multiple days in a starvation situation. The maximum amount appears to be 5g/kg of your body weight (1 pound = 2.2 kg). So if you are around 150lbs (68.2 kg), you could be storing around 341g of glycogen. At 3-4 grams total (remember over 2 grams of water is stored with each gram of glycogen) that is over 1348 grams of excess weight that as you burn off your glycogen, you lose in water as well. Once the stores of glycogen are depleted, then the body can begin to break down fats. First it takes the triglycerides that are in your bloodstream and liver, and breaks those down for energy (either as fatty acids for direct energy of broken down further into glucose). Then the stored fats are released, broken down first into glycerol and fatty acids, and then if needed into glucose. (end of Quote)

Meeshellee
10-12-2013, 11:42 AM
YAY someone else who eats cheese!! I sometimes have one ounce (measured) per day. And try telling your bank account you aren't on IP LOL. My coach even CONDONES my 1 ounce of cheese per day and checked with one of her experts on it. Of course they would rather you didn't but said 1 ounce would be OK occasionally.

That's interesting that your coach didn't try to steer you clear of it. Thanks for sharing!

We'll I had a 90%-er victory yesterday. Had a work meeting at the bar. Started out with all kinds of alcohol and fried appetizers, nachos, etc...nothing that was even close to OP. It was kind of awkward because there was only 8 people there and I was the only one not eating. But I did it, stayed away from the appetizers and drank my water. For dinner at the meeting I did have the chef salad with ranch dressing on the side (dip don't pour as Rachael Ray Says). So I did have some cheese and regular salad dressing, but pushed the croutons to the side and really limited the damage I could have done in that situation.

patns
10-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Congrats!

(Quote): Most people do not realize how energy is stored in their body, and so do not understand the significant biological steps towards a healthy weight. The first step is using up your excess glycogen, which is where the "water weight" comes in.
When you eat, your body first breaks down the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into the simplest form that it needs to be able to use them. The primary nutrients released into the bloodstream for our bodies to use are glucose, triglycerides, and amino acids. Glucose is the main energy fuel for most of your body's energy needs. When there is more glucose in your blood than your body can use right away (which is usually the case after any meal), it is modified and stored for later use. One of these stored components is glycogen. The process that turns glucose into glycogen for storage takes in over 2 grams of water for every 1 gram of glycogen (so for each gram of glycogen stored you have over 3 grams of total weight added).

Glycogen is stored in liver and muscles tissues in your body, though some is also stored in the kidneys and intestine. When your body is active (even sleeping your burn energy) and runs out of glucose in the blood, the body begins to break down the stored glycogen so that your cells have the fuel they need. As your body converts glycogen back into glucose, it releases those extra grams of water, which are then filter through your kidneys and out they go.

How much glycogen a person stores is directly correlated to how much the person weighs. Your body normal stores enough glycogen so that your body has easy access to energy for multiple days in a starvation situation. The maximum amount appears to be 5g/kg of your body weight (1 pound = 2.2 kg). So if you are around 150lbs (68.2 kg), you could be storing around 341g of glycogen. At 3-4 grams total (remember over 2 grams of water is stored with each gram of glycogen) that is over 1348 grams of excess weight that as you burn off your glycogen, you lose in water as well. Once the stores of glycogen are depleted, then the body can begin to break down fats. First it takes the triglycerides that are in your bloodstream and liver, and breaks those down for energy (either as fatty acids for direct energy of broken down further into glucose). Then the stored fats are released, broken down first into glycerol and fatty acids, and then if needed into glucose. (end of Quote)

Thanks for posting that Evepet! So often people post really upset when they use huge amounts of weight in the first week or so then it really slows down,I can never understand why people would expect to continue losing weght at that tremendous rate.

I have to recommend that everyone look at Evepet's protein soups in her blog. They are very tasty and a great help to me after IP. I can't have grains (except for oats) and very limited dairy so phase 3 was not the wonderland for me that most people report. So the soups really helped as they are very filling. They are also phase 1 compliant but I didn't discover them until I was past that stage.

Pat

evepet
10-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks for posting that Evepet! So often people post really upset when they use huge amounts of weight in the first week or so then it really slows down,I can never understand why people would expect to continue losing weght at that tremendous rate.

I have to recommend that everyone look at Evepet's protein soups in her blog. They are very tasty and a great help to me after IP. I can't have grains (except for oats) and very limited dairy so phase 3 was not the wonderland for me that most people report. So the soups really helped as they are very filling. They are also phase 1 compliant but I didn't discover them until I was past that stage.

Pat

Thx Pat! I still love my soups! In fact, I'm eating a cream of asparagus version right now. Yum. :)

kdspirited
10-12-2013, 04:39 PM
First and foremost thank you for starting this thread. I was on IP 2 years ago and lost 22lbs. I have since gained it all back. So I am back at it again. I do a lot of travelling in the US and overseas for work. So its hard to be 100% on IP when I am travelling. I try and dont have major slip ups but occassionaly things are cooked a certain way you cannot always control what you are eating so by default I am never 100%.

Having said that I have never measured my meats or vegetables. The only thing I measure is my water. But I know I am supposed to have lots of vegetables and proteins.

So I have to make a confessions and also have a question. I started on septemeber 8th and the first month I lost 5lbs. Yay! and my last weigh in where I have lost weight was september 22nd. Since then I have been stuck and the scale has not moved. I have to say that I did have a little cheat. I was in Paris for work and I was OP the whole week. On my way back the food on the plane had a macaroon and I ate it. In my mind it wasnt that big a deal but the scale has not moved since. I have to say that last week was TOM so I ruled out weight loss that week. But this whole week again there has been no movement. Has this happened to anyone else? I have not cheated since that incident and have been 100% OP.

My second question is, and this is the only forum where I can ask it. Some people say that in order to break a plateau sometimes it helps to have a little cheat. That gets the scale moving again. I am interested to know what you all think. I dont want to cheat but I feel it is too early to hit a plateau and not loosing any weight is very frustrating

JLUS
10-12-2013, 06:26 PM
First and foremost thank you for starting this thread. I was on IP 2 years ago and lost 22lbs. I have since gained it all back. So I am back at it again. I do a lot of travelling in the US and overseas for work. So its hard to be 100% on IP when I am travelling. I try and dont have major slip ups but occassionaly things are cooked a certain way you cannot always control what you are eating so by default I am never 100%.

Having said that I have never measured my meats or vegetables. The only thing I measure is my water. But I know I am supposed to have lots of vegetables and proteins.

So I have to make a confessions and also have a question. I started on septemeber 8th and the first month I lost 5lbs. Yay! and my last weigh in where I have lost weight was september 22nd. Since then I have been stuck and the scale has not moved. I have to say that I did have a little cheat. I was in Paris for work and I was OP the whole week. On my way back the food on the plane had a macaroon and I ate it. In my mind it wasnt that big a deal but the scale has not moved since. I have to say that last week was TOM so I ruled out weight loss that week. But this whole week again there has been no movement. Has this happened to anyone else? I have not cheated since that incident and have been 100% OP.

My second question is, and this is the only forum where I can ask it. Some people say that in order to break a plateau sometimes it helps to have a little cheat. That gets the scale moving again. I am interested to know what you all think. I dont want to cheat but I feel it is too early to hit a plateau and not loosing any weight is very frustrating

What about measuring your meat and veg for the next few weeks? You could be getting too much BUT you also could be getting too little!! More than once people have commented that they thought they were eating enough (tho the had not been measuring) and when they started measuring they found they were eating too little!

Either way once you measure you will know and really you don't know you are 100% unless you are measuring!!

Also are you measuring and getting in your oil? And what kind if meat? A nice steak instead of fish and chicken is an OP way to sometimes break a stall!!

kdspirited
10-12-2013, 08:36 PM
I put olive oil on my salad 1-2 teaspoons. I usually have most of my meat at night. I think you are right I am only taking about 4 oz of turkey or steak I should be having 7OZ. But its too much to have 7 ounces of meat in one sitting. Is it possible to divide it up between lunch and dinner. I use sea salt in all my cooking and drink 64OZ of water. I take a packet of chocolate drink in the morning and then have a bar or another drink at night.

For my veggies I have tons of lettuce cucumbers banana peppers,tomatoes, red onions and bell peppers

nolasmurf
10-12-2013, 08:39 PM
hey everyone. Had a **** of a couple of days. my honey passed out thursday and hit his head . we spent the night in the ER and he had to have 6 stitches. yesterday at worked and I ate a cupcake. today we diid the warrior dash and i was faint the whole time. I've completely derailed. I know I can start over tomorrow but I fell terrible

patns
10-12-2013, 10:46 PM
I put olive oil on my salad 1-2 teaspoons. I usually have most of my meat at night. I think you are right I am only taking about 4 oz of turkey or steak I should be having 7OZ. But its too much to have 7 ounces of meat in one sitting. Is it possible to divide it up between lunch and dinner. I use sea salt in all my cooking and drink 64OZ of water. I take a packet of chocolate drink in the morning and then have a bar or another drink at night.

For my veggies I have tons of lettuce cucumbers banana peppers,tomatoes, red onions and bell peppers

Hi, I remember you from last time you were here. I am rebooting now. I am same height (and a bit) as you and stalled at your weight for a month when I was in phase 1. The stall broke when I upped the oil. Maybe if you can't handle all the meat put some flax in your shakes. Turkey won't give you much fat even if you eat all 8 ounces.
Two teaspoons of oil is pretty sparse in the first place and you seem to be cutting back on that. The body needs new fat to burn old fat.

DJ72
10-12-2013, 10:49 PM
hey everyone. Had a **** of a couple of days. my honey passed out thursday and hit his head . we spent the night in the ER and he had to have 6 stitches. yesterday at worked and I ate a cupcake. today we diid the warrior dash and i was faint the whole time. I've completely derailed. I know I can start over tomorrow but I fell terrible

Oh no! What a run of bad luck. Hope you are feeling better and your Honey too!
Just take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place.

nanbarbree
10-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Went to a wedding today...it's the 3rd one I've been to since starting this program. Stayed strong but today I decided I was going to have cake...maybe I felt I deserved it after losing 43 lbs! Tomorrow is a new day.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/cartoonstar01/lb/197/150/156.5/.png[/img] [/url]

kdspirited
10-13-2013, 11:18 AM
@PATNS
Yes indeed we have the same stats. I will up my Oil as well. The IP protocol sheet says 1-2 TSP oil. So I have been following that. I will try flax in my shakes as well to see if that moved. At this point I am willing to try anything. I mix up the Turkey and beef as my meat choices. I will try a steak as well.

kdspirited
10-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks Patns I will try both. I am desperate for this scale to move. How is it going this time around with your reboot?

Hi, I remember you from last time you were here. I am rebooting now. I am same height (and a bit) as you and stalled at your weight for a month when I was in phase 1. The stall broke when I upped the oil. Maybe if you can't handle all the meat put some flax in your shakes. Turkey won't give you much fat even if you eat all 8 ounces.
Two teaspoons of oil is pretty sparse in the first place and you seem to be cutting back on that. The body needs new fat to burn old fat.

Tuscany123
10-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Well, I fell flat on my face yesterday. You name it, I ate it. So I am back on track today, I refuse to continue in my bad ways from yesterday. :?:

So it was one day of slipping up. I am going all day today IP and no restricted. Will my body treat the one bad day of food as a phase 4 cheat day, and provided I am straight back on IP the carbs will not convert to fat?

I'm not condoning what I did, but I see this thread as the Be Honest thread so I am here, out in the light, being honest.:judge:

Meeshellee
10-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Well, I fell flat on my face yesterday. You name it, I ate it. So I am back on track today, I refuse to continue in my bad ways from yesterday. :?:

So it was one day of slipping up. I am going all day today IP and no restricted. Will my body treat the one bad day of food as a phase 4 cheat day, and provided I am straight back on IP the carbs will not convert to fat?

I'm not condoning what I did, but I see this thread as the Be Honest thread so I am here, out in the light, being honest.:judge:

I know the one day that I made bad choices it took about 3 days to lose what I had gained (about 3lbs) and start making progress again. Although ketostix showed me being in ketosis the whole time. The things off plan I had that day were cocktail sauce, diet Pepsi, tortilla pinwheels (4), low carb burger (carls jr) with catsup and cheese (had them hold the mayo, but forgot about the catsup). I was surprised how much one day of bad choices set me back, but I did the best I could in the situation I was in.

I'm not sure how the phase 4 cheat day works, but I wonder if since phase 1 is so restricted , if you add a bunch of carbs or fat suddenly (rather than going through the phases) if your body reacts differently. I am by no means an expert in this, but this has just been based on how my body reacts.

Tuscany123
10-13-2013, 12:53 PM
I know the one day that I made bad choices it took about 3 days to lose what I had gained (about 3lbs) and start making progress again. Although ketostix showed me being in ketosis the whole time. The things off plan I had that day were cocktail sauce, diet Pepsi, tortilla pinwheels (4), low carb burger (carls jr) with catsup and cheese (had them hold the mayo, but forgot about the catsup). I was surprised how much one day of bad choices set me back, but I did the best I could in the situation I was in.

I'm not sure how the phase 4 cheat day works, but I wonder if since phase 1 is so restricted , if you add a bunch of carbs or fat suddenly (rather than going through the phases) if your body reacts differently. I am by no means an expert in this, but this has just been based on how my body reacts.

Thank you for your reply. I wondered the same thing, a phase 4 Cheat Day comes after weeks of properly phasing off, but what I did was like a bomb going off in my body figuratively speaking.

I will watch the scale and accept it, and move on! Thanks again! :hug:

kaplods
10-13-2013, 01:41 PM

When I was on a ketogenic diet I would also see a 3-5 lb gain after a low-carb fast food or restaurant meal (with or without catsup).

For me, it wasn't the tablespoon or so of catsup I was consuming, it was water retention from the extra sodium, and it almost always took about 3 days to get rid of.

I'm really glad I experimented, because it showed me that I CAN eat out on plan, but I will pay for it with 3-4 days of water gain (so long as I stay on plan or very close to it).

What was hard to change was my irrational reaction to the scale gain. Every dieter's instinct told me to have a binge day and start fresh tomorrow, because I had "blown it."

That's STILL my problem. I do well until I see a gain on the scale. Even when I've been 100% on plan AND know the weight gain is being caused by pms/tom, sodium, exercise, iillness, injury, constipation.... I STILL want to binge in response to the scale.

Weighing weekly instead of daily only made it worse, because the gains still happened and would trigger a week-long binge instead.

Weighing twice a day (or whenever I bloody well felt like it) helped most IF (and it's a BIG if) I celebrated and focused on "not gaining" as much or more so than I ever did on losing.

That way, the very next weigh-in can be a success (even 15 minutes later).

Weighing like that helps nip failures in the bud.

For me, accepting less than 100% has been very difficult, and a work in progress over the last 10 years.

I may not have the words and exact numbers right, but someone in the 100% thread said something to the effect that the 90% thread was ok, but that it needed to be limited to only the one thread because "What's next? An 80% thread? A 50% thread? A 5% thread?"

Personally, I agree that we really only need this one thread, because I see us as the "Never give up and do as much as you can" thread.

Occasionally my best is 100%, more often it's 95%, even more often it's 80% and sometimes it's 10%.

Accepting the middle ground has been extremely hard. When I can't do 100% or when my efforts are 100% but my results have not been, every inner voice tells me to give up (at least for today).

I used to think giving in to those irrational inner voices made me crazy, lazy, or stupid, but then I started thinking about where those inner voices came from and realized that I had not invented them. They had been given and even forced upon me, by my family, friends, teachers, doctors, fellow dieters, the dieting industry, the media, from every corner of our culture.

We're taught that we not only will fail, we are doomed to fail if we can't accomplish and maintain 100%. In many ways, we're taught that anything less than 100%, even 99.99% will doom us to failure. If we succeed at anything less than 100%, it's seen as a fluke, that we've somehow escaped the wrath of the diet gods. We're told (or hear behind our backs) that our imperfection will be our downfall and that only the truly righteous (100%ers and a select few of those trying to be) will enter the kingdom of weight loss Heaven.

I still have a really hard time accepting that my best really is good enough because of the cultural messages that tell me that my best isn't good enough and that really only 100% counts for anything at all. Accepting less is virtually seen as heresy.

I know I've gotten off topic and begun ranting. I tend to get emotionally stirred up easily this time of month (and have the hardest time being anywhere near perfect). It's just so hard to ignore the judgment of others and harder still to ignore the inner voices that echo them.

Meeshellee
10-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Kaplods - i agree, I think a 3 lb gain is water/sodium. I also weigh at least once a day. I don't freak out on days I gain a few ounces or stay the same, but if I don't weigh daily I know I won't hold myself accountable.

90% isn't an exact figure, it just more of a home for those of us that are on IP but fall short for whatever reason and it gives us a place to talk about not being 100% (whether you had a 99.9% day or a 75% day)...you can come here and vent, confess, whatever without being corrected, reprimanded or judged.

kcandponies
10-13-2013, 01:53 PM
I went rogue yesterday too, went to a party, ate what was served including dessert. This morning I did some yard work, and am back on track to be on plan the rest of the week. I'm not weighing myself until Wednesday. Little changes on the scale won't bother me, so long as I'm continuing to trend down

DJ72
10-13-2013, 02:38 PM
I weigh myself daily...or every other day at least. If I see the scale move up and have been 100% it gears me up to drink more water.
My husband has a man cold and my son has been sick with cold for the last week. Guess who got it now??? Was up all night with sore chest and fever/ chills. Feel better today. Just but of a sore throat and stuffy. Not hungry at all though so have to focus on eating what I should.
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends. We all have many things to be thankful for... Big and small!

kaplods
10-13-2013, 02:48 PM
90% isn't an exact figure, it just more of a home for those of us that are on IP but fall short for whatever reason and it gives us a place to talk about not being 100% (whether you had a 99.9% day or a 75% day)...you can come here and vent, confess, whatever without being corrected, reprimanded or judged.

I agree completely, and that's exactly what I meant to convey, along with the extreme frustration that perfection expectations are so pervasive and that the "less than 100%, and (reasonably) ok with that" is such a revolutionary concept.

I think shows like The Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeove , encourage, and reinforce the view that only "going above and beyond" counts for anything. If you're not risking your sanity and safety, you're seen pretty much as though you weren't trying at all.

I used to dismiss such feelings as self pity and paranoia, until I stopped trying to be perfect and began sharing my new philosophy - and people started telling me what I had thought they were thinking all along.

The pressure to be perfect (or even halfway there sometimes) can be just so overwhelming (especially during pms when my hormonal hunger is so out of control and all I want to do is medicate with carbs that will calm my nerves and decrease my pain levels but will make me feel worse and more discouraged in the long run).

I'm seriously considering switching my bc to a progestin shot or implants to try to get the hormones unddr control. I haven't had pmdd symptoms this severe since adolescence. Perimenopause sucks!

Meeshellee
10-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Have you considered the 3 month Birth Control? You still have the hormonal issues, but it's only 4 times per year.

Tuscany123
10-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Kaplods: your comments on the pressure to be 100% resonate with me. And I deplore the virtual "looking down their noses" of the sanctimonious 100 per centers who think they are the only worthy ones. It's like the popular kids at school who think they are better because they are prettier, have better clothes, play football, cheerlead etc. I love this thread because it's real, it's honest and it's me. And it's obviously a lot of other people too. I'm rooting for you!

ktgrrl
10-13-2013, 04:16 PM
OH man!! What good stuff is going on here today!!

@kaplods - seroiusly? talk to your doctor, and if they don't listen, find another one. i had serious issues with lots and lots of on again off again visits from my lady time, and my last doctor was like... yeah... tough. found a new one and she said "well, a hysterectomy is a BIT extreme, maybe we try mirena first?" and seriously, two weeks in and i'm loving it. no big mood swings, except for the fun amorous ones towards my darling. i hope you feel better soon.

and i too really really love this thread. DH and i have not had a super awesome weekend. okay, we have, but have not stayed on plan. and i'm okay with that. but i'm also here looking for my motivation to stick to it. and well, that's me and where i am today.

hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend, and for those in the US with the day off tomorrow, i'm jealous!

Meeshellee
10-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Kaplods: your comments on the pressure to be 100% resonate with me. And I deplore the virtual "looking down their noses" of the sanctimonious 100 per centers who think they are the only worthy ones. It's like the popular kids at school who think they are better because they are prettier, have better clothes, play football, cheerlead etc. I love this thread because it's real, it's honest and it's me. And it's obviously a lot of other people too. I'm rooting for you!

Love this!

sarahBell
10-13-2013, 04:59 PM
This week (start of a new week on Friday) i am at 90% give or take a bit. I promised myself that this week I will do my dangest to be t 95% or higher. My stress is so down that tomorrow I will do my best and hopefully no kraptastic weeks for a Looooooooooooooooong time!

nolasmurf
10-13-2013, 06:10 PM
This week (start of a new week on Friday) i am at 90% give or take a bit. I promised myself that this week I will do my dangest to be t 95% or higher. My stress is so down that tomorrow I will do my best and hopefully no kraptastic weeks for a Looooooooooooooooong time!

I think a lot of us have had some pretty craptastic days. But as long as we have each other to vent to it's gonna be fine! You can do this and be 100% just like I'm going to!
;)