Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10//8/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10//8/2013

lisa32989
10-08-2013, 06:49 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

65X65
10-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Good Morning all...Happy day!

It's crispy cool here in the northeast..no snow LOL...like some parts have seen already...but definitely real sweater weather. (A new one of course)! even the leaves are finally turning gorgeous oranges, yellow and red...

Woke up today for the first time in weeks really SURE I'm not having surgery anytime soon. No damage from the previous episode...and hoo-rray...no more test scheduled!! Yesterday was rugged but worth all the temporary misery to get to a conclusion for what happened over labor day. We went out for a steak dinner later last night (was truly starving...but actually could only eat 1/2 of my filet) and toasted with club soda....DH had red wine of course.... but concentrated on being glad to have a CONFIRMED diagnosis and a wonderful medical team on standby if/when it happens again, and grateful insurance covered the expenses of the last 6 weeks. I haven't gotten a statement on all this yet...but the charges began on Aug 28th and there was a weekly tab through yesterday. I've never (NOT a frequent flyer...as my PCP said...) had this many medical encounters in a six week time frame and hope never again...and wish it on no one. Others here having health challenges...Wish for you all good outcomes and speedy answers. I know I was not the only one "dealing" with something.

Am gald to be back 100% in more ways than one. You all gave me something to focus on these weeks. Now..to getting myself and energy back to finishing and hitting goal and maintenance...a bit later than anticipated, but hey...who REALLY knows when they will arrive at goal??

But, was glad to read about all who did hit goal recently and also especially, overcame obstacles the last weeks. The funny food dreams and other tales of shopping...baggy-bum pants and kitchen mishaps made me laugh out loud ...and the new recipes were interesting and tempt me back into the kitchen to make IP friendly stuff that will make staying at goal easy and tasty!

Happy day all..It's grand to be one of the 3FCs...(as a POW of course...) Once a FC.....always able to understand one another in the heart!

1LittleStar
10-08-2013, 07:38 AM
65X65, I'm so happy for you! What great news and great way to celebrate. I'm sure you will hit goal before you know it.

My back is still pretty sore, but I'm going to work today. Also have dentist appointment for me and the kids this afternoon, and a meeting tonight. I will see how much I can do.

Have a great day everyone!

Balanced Life
10-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Phew! Finally I am back and of course need to start at the beginning! My surgery was tough- 4 hours I stead of 90 minutes but after 6 weeks I can move my arm again, although only a little haha! During my time away, I continued to shun grains and potatoes. I did a Paleo diet that satisfied my doctor and helped me hopefully not go through massive withdrawals as I start Phase I again. I actually missed my IP routine lol! This morning I puréed a zucchini, added two eggs and some peanut butter muscle milk light. This made delicious crepes! I ate them rolled up as they were. I got up to 141 so that is my starting point. I am feeling confident about coming back and getting it done! :wave::broc:

shrinkingsusie
10-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Good morning!! :)

amt6
10-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Good morning all! I started running last week and I feel great :) Despite being nervous about it effecting my losses, I think it has actually helped. I am doing Couch to 5k with the goal of running a 5k in the spring. I completed the first week, and on to the second!

I started running because I felt like I was getting too comfortable on IP and needed to shake things up a bit. Not that I was ...dare I say... cheating, just that it was sooo second nature that I didn't have to think about it, and that was uncomfortable for me. I know that's strange. Anyone else? So, I introduced something new, which is spicing things up for me all over again!

In other news, while the scale continues to go down down down, I am patiently waiting to say that I am down 50lbs! This morning I was 49.6. Grrrr!! It's so close, I can taste it!!! Hopefully by the end of the week, but really no rush :)

GettinHealthyNow
10-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Good morning! Had my WI last night, down another -3.8 pounds for total lost of 16 in four weeks. Not bad! Ok, actually I'm thrilled. I keep saying it and saying it - but this diet is so easy to follow. No cheats in four weeks, and no desire to do so. My coach is really concerned about Thanksgiving next week (Canada) but I am not - I have a plan and I have no intention of messing with the success I've had so far for some short term mashed potatoes & gravy!

Have a great day everyone.
Kathy

Smooshie76
10-08-2013, 10:51 AM
So... Guess who sprained her ankle yesterday and is hobbling around with crutches? Just in time for two flights with little kids on Friday. And oh yeah, my toddler has the flu. It's a rough week so far. Normally I'd be bingeing hard from the stress but I'm proud to say I'm staying strong! I hope I can tackle thanksgiving well this weekend.

lisa32989
10-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Phew! Finally I am back and of course need to start at the beginning! My surgery was tough- 4 hours I stead of 90 minutes but after 6 weeks I can move my arm again, although only a little haha! During my time away, I continued to shun grains and potatoes. I did a Paleo diet that satisfied my doctor and helped me hopefully not go through massive withdrawals as I start Phase I again. I actually missed my IP routine lol! This morning I puréed a zucchini, added two eggs and some peanut butter muscle milk light. This made delicious crepes! I ate them rolled up as they were. I got up to 141 so that is my starting point. I am feeling confident about coming back and getting it done! :wave::broc:
On Paleo you are so close to ketosis, you may not notice much of a change moving back into IP...just more restrictive.
Some of your gain could be inflammation from surgery & some other water weight from dietary changes so you might find you'll drop quickly again.
WELCOME BACK and I'm glad your arm is moving!

So... Guess who sprained her ankle yesterday and is hobbling around with crutches? Just in time for two flights with little kids on Friday. And oh yeah, my toddler has the flu. It's a rough week so far. Normally I'd be bingeing hard from the stress but I'm proud to say I'm staying strong! I hope I can tackle thanksgiving well this weekend.
Oh no! Did your doc send you to PT? That really makes a quick difference in recovery (says one who has done it WITH and without!)
What a handful you will have! At least the food is all easy to plan OP!

nolasmurf
10-08-2013, 11:04 AM
:o Holy Light-headedness Batman!

I wanted to long this morning to have my smoothie. There were ten million other things I had to do and I'm just now getting it in. :(

It's about 65 degrees this morning and feels wonderful! Gosh I hope this sticks around .

Well off to do some actual work.

dak1lls
10-08-2013, 11:20 AM

I wanted to long this morning to have my smoothie. There were ten million other things I had to do and I'm just now getting it in. :(

It's about 65 degrees this morning and feels wonderful! Gosh I hope this sticks around .

Well off to do some actual work.

This happened to me yesterday. I got waylaid by a customer emergency and ended up having my breakfast very late. I felt very dizzy. I drank water until I was able to step away to eat. With such a low calorie supply each day it is definitely noticeable when I go a little too long between meals. I think breakfast especially, after nothing for so many hours while sleeping. I have learned to plan ahead and have packets with me when my schedule gets changed suddenly. Unfortunately, while standing in my customers office I just had to hang in there until I we could resolve the problem and I could get out of there!

cassieleeanne
10-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Good morning starting phase three tomorrow and getting a little overwhelmed with all the breakfast choices, hope I am ready for this!!

PurpleMomster
10-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Good morning all!

I had to fast last night for some blood tests this morning and wow, let me tell you it's lucky no one died before I had my first cup of coffee this morning :devil: I made those zucchini muffins (with pumpkin pie spices) last night to bring with to work this morning and yum, yum, yum!!! I will definitely be making those again!

Have my WI today at lunch, I'm feeling okay with it. I know I'm close to my TOM but still feel like I'm down a bit so that's good.

I've got to get some more caffeine in my system so I can function better :dizzy:

Happy Tuesday!
Jo

Maxxy
10-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Good morning starting phase three tomorrow and getting a little overwhelmed with all the breakfast choices, hope I am ready for this!!

I am just finishing Phase 3. Its actually quite simple. Just follow some of the sample breakfasts and it's all good.

It does seem like a lot of food but I haven't gained anything back, even though they say we should gain about 2-4 lbs, I have lost 2?? I will take it!:carrot:

dak1lls
10-08-2013, 11:36 AM
I am just finishing Phase 3. Its actually quite simple. Just follow some of the sample breakfasts and it's all good.

It does seem like a lot of food but I haven't gained anything back, even though they say we should gain about 2-4 lbs, I have lost 2?? I will take it!:carrot:

Oh Maxxy, thanks for the update! It is a worry to me, but I am so ready for those breakfasts! :carrot:

shannonhs
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Good morning everyone!

Congratulations 65x65, for your good health news.

I accidentally ate a second restricted bar yesterday. I worked out and wanted to have an extra packet as I was feeling hungry and without thinking grabbed a bar. I could have kicked myself. Hopefully, it won't slow things down too much.

Today, my throat is scratchy and I have been sucking cough drops as I have to talk for a bit in court today. Got ones sweetened with sucralose so hopefully they are okay. I need something or my voice will give out which has happened in the past. Not pleasant!

Otherwise, looking forward to a great day! Have a great day everyone.

ecdcslim
10-08-2013, 12:04 PM

OH no!! hang in there!

ecdcslim
10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Good morning all, crazy week. Had my first weightliftng workout Sunday, 2nd one today, sore! I've eaten an additional protein each day, but wondering if you double up on one of your 4 meals or can I have one say 30 mins before the workout and then 30 minutes after I'm done? How do you fit the extra protein into the day? My coach really emphasizes eating every 3.5-4 hours but isn't answering my emails about this.

lisa32989
10-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Good morning everyone!

Congratulations 65x65, for your good health news.

I accidentally ate a second restricted bar yesterday. I worked out and wanted to have an extra packet as I was feeling hungry and without thinking grabbed a bar. I could have kicked myself. Hopefully, it won't slow things down too much.

Today, my throat is scratchy and I have been sucking cough drops as I have to talk for a bit in court today. Got ones sweetened with sucralose so hopefully they are okay. I need something or my voice will give out which has happened in the past. Not pleasant!

Otherwise, looking forward to a great day! Have a great day everyone.
I would think this has happened to everyone once.
You'll be fine. It DOES demonstrate the importance of planning!

Gargle with warm salt water when you get a chance. Tea with lemon tonite & consider making some chicken soup with lots of select veggies!

mperkows
10-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Today is Day #2 and I am feeling better than yesterday.... I was starving yesterday but today I started spacing out my food more along with bringing in some egg whites and lettuce in case I get hungry.... soo far soo good. :)

Maxxy
10-08-2013, 12:48 PM
For anyone on maintenance....
what do you have for snacks??:?::?:

dak1lls
10-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I am having a REALLY bad day with my TMJ pain! I had a dental appointment for a crown on my last "real" molar and it was the top back tooth. Generally, I suffer with TMJ pain symptoms for 3 weeks to a month after a dental appointment. Well, two weeks ago they did the temporary crown, and yesterday was the appointment for the permanent crown. This is made more difficult by the fact that it was a top back tooth, which requires opening my mouth wider for access while they work on the tooth.

I am HURTING! It affects my sleep and every aspect of my waking life. I have been taking an anti inflammatory, and wearing my bite splint as well, but know that I just have to ride this out. I guess it's soup for me until I get this pain under control. :mad:

MidgieMoon
10-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Good morning all! I started running last week and I feel great :) Despite being nervous about it effecting my losses, I think it has actually helped. I am doing Couch to 5k with the goal of running a 5k in the spring. I completed the first week, and on to the second!

I started running because I felt like I was getting too comfortable on IP and needed to shake things up a bit. Not that I was ...dare I say... cheating, just that it was sooo second nature that I didn't have to think about it, and that was uncomfortable for me. I know that's strange. Anyone else? So, I introduced something new, which is spicing things up for me all over again!

In other news, while the scale continues to go down down down, I am patiently waiting to say that I am down 50lbs! This morning I was 49.6. Grrrr!! It's so close, I can taste it!!! Hopefully by the end of the week, but really no rush :)
c25K is awesome, do you use a playlist? And you are close, and we will cheer when you reach 50 pounds!!!

schenectady
10-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I have posted this same comment in another thread on this site because it is important to me that all posters see it since it is intended as reading for all.
Oh, I do not know where to find the words to express what I feel as I read the various posts on this site.

So, to get it out of the way, yes, I am striving for 100% because that is what works for me. I have nearly 110 pounds I need to lose in as direct a fashion as possible. My challenge.

What drew me to this site was the comraderie and support that I felt on here. It is really important to me when I am having tough days.

It is OK to have diverging points of view as we all struggle with our very own demons. What works for some does not necessarily work for others.

What distresses me is if I read meanness and pettiness with nasty backhanded comments about other posters. It would serve NO ONE WELL. We all would hurt from that even though it may feel good sometimes to vent.

Vent about what upsets you, what frustrates you but please if there are issues, please leave any possible personal vendettas, comments, and anger out of it all. This should be a SAFE place of peace and refuge, not a war zone.

MelissaKate73
10-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Good morning! Had my WI last night, down another -3.8 pounds for total lost of 16 in four weeks. Not bad! Ok, actually I'm thrilled. I keep saying it and saying it - but this diet is so easy to follow. No cheats in four weeks, and no desire to do so. My coach is really concerned about Thanksgiving next week (Canada) but I am not - I have a plan and I have no intention of messing with the success I've had so far for some short term mashed potatoes & gravy!

Have a great day everyone.
Kathy

Lol!!! Those stupid mashed potatoes are soooo not worth it!

Poor thing! Injured. And then a kid with the flu. That sucks. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? But you totally rock for managing your stress without caving in to old habits! Enjoy your Thanksgiving trip, and I know you'll do just fine.

Jojo381972
10-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Today is Day #2 and I am feeling better than yesterday.... I was starving yesterday but today I started spacing out my food more along with bringing in some egg whites and lettuce in case I get hungry.... soo far soo good. :)

That's good to hear! Keep it up!

Had my weekly meeting with my coach today and she said she's really starting to notice the weight loss..that made me feel good. On Saturday I wore a skirt I had bought a year ago, but felt gross wearing it...not anymore. It fit fine and I didn't have rolls hanging over it.

Today is day 2 on week 4 and I found I was very tired this am. I got up a bit late and then ended up doing my thirty minutes of interval cardio today. A bit more awake. Have a great day everyone! :D:hug:

Jojo381972
10-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I am having a REALLY bad day with my TMJ pain! I had a dental appointment for a crown on my last "real" molar and it was the top back tooth. Generally, I suffer with TMJ pain symptoms for 3 weeks to a month after a dental appointment. Well, two weeks ago they did the temporary crown, and yesterday was the appointment for the permanent crown. This is made more difficult by the fact that it was a top back tooth, which requires opening my mouth wider for access while they work on the tooth.

I am HURTING! It affects my sleep and every aspect of my waking life. I have been taking an anti inflammatory, and wearing my bite splint as well, but know that I just have to ride this out. I guess it's soup for me until I get this pain under control. :mad:

Sorry to hear this! I hope you do feel better soon. I know how it feels, this past year I had two crowns and a lot of fillings. I had to go four times for the bottom molar and it was very annoying. I also used to have tmj. I wore that bite splint for awhile and it seemed to help over time. :hug:

MelissaKate73
10-08-2013, 02:23 PM
So.....I've posted previously about some of my, let's call them "challenges" in the kitchen. I've definitely had more misses than hits in this area this week. Yesterday, I threw out some grilled zucchini that I'd made that was ruined by too much spice.....even though I followed the recipe exactly. I've never been much of a cook and have no confidence in the kitchen, but I persevere in my quest to learn to love veggies. Well, today I decided to try the turnip "fries". I had a small turnip and a small rutabaga so I decided to do a taste test. Mixed them both in a bag with some evoo and seasoned salt then divided them up on the baking sheet to bake. After tasting both types.... They both actually turned out ok!! :carrot: The rutabaga ones tasted a bit more like sweet potato fries, and I thought they had a bit crunchier texture. I've been told that the turnip fries have a stronger flavor, but I'd soaked them in water with a little Splenda (which I'd read would "tone them down some.") It worked, I guess, because they didn't taste any more "earthy, vegetable-y, bitter-y" than the rutabagas. I ate all the turnips since they're unrestricted and saved the rest of the rutabagas for tonight. Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, I'll be clear. They do not taste like French fries. But, they are reminiscent of French fries....which is good enough for me! Now if I could just figure out how to tolerate broccoli. And cauliflower. How exactly do I purée cauliflower? I'm thinking of trying to "hide" it in something else.

sarita75
10-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Good afternoon all! Hope you are well. I haven't been around as work and studying have been kicking my backside. I am staying OP and lost another 1.5 pounds this week, so I am happy about that. Losses are definitely slowing down a bit as I get closer to goal, but its all good. I can't wait to P2 and P3 it at the end of the month/beginning of November!

65x65 - HOORAY! So happy to read your news!

Congrats on W1 of C25K and being so close to 50! That's awesome. I am really jealous of your running. Am holding off until 11/1 to start running again but cannot freaking wait and your posts are keeping me excited - so thank you!

I dislike the lightheadedness so hope you feel better soon!

Good morning starting phase three tomorrow and getting a little overwhelmed with all the breakfast choices, hope I am ready for this!! Congrats! I can't wait for breakfast! What are you going to have!

I am having a REALLY bad day with my TMJ pain!
***I am HURTING! It affects my sleep and every aspect of my waking life. I have been taking an anti inflammatory, and wearing my bite splint as well, but know that I just have to ride this out. I guess it's soup for me until I get this pain under control. :mad: Grrrr - feel better soon!!

This should be a SAFE place of peace and refuge, not a war zone. Agreed!

cassieleeanne
10-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Good afternoon all! Hope you are well. I haven't been around as work and studying have been kicking my backside. I am staying OP and lost another 1.5 pounds this week, so I am happy about that. Losses are definitely slowing down a bit as I get closer to goal, but its all good. I can't wait to P2 and P3 it at the end of the month/beginning of November!

65x65 - HOORAY! So happy to read your news!

Congrats on W1 of C25K and being so close to 50! That's awesome. I am really jealous of your running. Am holding off until 11/1 to start running again but cannot freaking wait and your posts are keeping me excited - so thank you!

I dislike the lightheadedness so hope you feel better soon!

Congrats! I can't wait for breakfast! What are you going to have!

Grrrr - feel better soon!!

Agreed!

I think I will have the hearty english muffin with PB, yogurt, raspberries, and a little gronola. I have to figure out the calories tonight to make sure it works!!

sarita75
10-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I think I will have the hearty english muffin with PB, yogurt, raspberries, and a little gronola. I have to figure out the calories tonight to make sure it works!!

Sound divine!

sarahBell
10-08-2013, 04:26 PM
How do I use fitness pal? I am trying to grasp how to properly log everything I eat............oye vey
Do we enter in the nutritional values of the IP packets too?

sarita75
10-08-2013, 04:30 PM
How do I use fitness pal? I am trying to grasp how to properly log everything I eat............oye vey
Do we enter in the nutritional values of the IP packets too?

I search for IP foods - for example: search "Ideal Protein dark chocolate pudding" and select the appropriate one and add it to my log. If you send me an invite via MFP (sja1975) I am happy to be friends.

caressme
10-08-2013, 04:47 PM
NSV: Had a health screening at my job on Aug 26th. I am glad to say all the information in the booklet is obsolete!

Weight: 216.7
BMI: 41
BP: 142/82
LDL: 242

TODAY!
Weight: 202
BMI: 38.2
BP: 120/70
LDL: 220 (no longer high risk now I'm "borderline" high risk)

I LOVEEEE :val2: IP :cheer: :broc: :dance:

dak1lls
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
NSV: Had a health screening at my job on Aug 26th. I am glad to say all the information in the booklet is obsolete!

TODAY!

That is just wonderful news and those are amazing results. WTG!

Nice to see you sarita. Girl, you make me tired thinking about how busy you are!

dak1lls
10-08-2013, 05:03 PM

This sounds so good and is something I was considering having, even the raspberries! Let me know how it turns out calorie, carb, fat etc...

caressme
10-08-2013, 05:04 PM
That is just wonderful news and those are amazing results. WTG!

Nice to see you sarita. Girl, you make me tired thinking about how busy you are!

THANKS!!!

CrystalWolf
10-08-2013, 05:19 PM

Do you have a chiropractor? Mine has fixed this for me after dental work sets mine off. It really was an amazing instant relief.

schenectady
10-08-2013, 05:46 PM

TODAY!

How close you are getting to ONDERLAND - I am in awe of that and look forward months from now when I can get there. What a great feeling that must be for you.

And also just imagine what those great weight/BMI/BP/LDL numbers will look like the longer you are eating healthy. Way to go.

dak1lls
10-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Do you have a chiropractor? Mine has fixed this for me after dental work sets mine off. It really was an amazing instant relief.

The one and only time I had my chiropractor adjust my TMJ it was the worst experience and made it hurt so bad. I have been hesitant to try that again. However, that was many years ago and he was an older doctor. Back then I would imagine they had different techniques than they use now. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Plus I have been contemplating going in for help with my tailbone pain. Thanks for the suggestion!

nalaroo
10-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Whoo hoo! Another 3lbs gone. I'm closing in on the 180s and 70lbs lost. I can't wait until I get there.

21st anniversary coming up in early November want so badly to see 179 or less on the scale by then.

sonolady
10-08-2013, 06:07 PM
65x65 Congrats on having an answer and a plan forward. And double congrats being back to 100% OP. Good for you!!!

dak1lls Down another lb on P2!!! Way to go!!! You are an example for all of us!!!!

Nolasmurf lol , love the holy batman line! oh and how I can relate, low blood pressure here and add that too not eating and yikes I'm in trouble. I'll pass out if I stand too quick, I've always been that way. It was in a "normal"range when I was 25lbs heavier, but now its back to my norm, 92/58.

Congrats to all the scale movers !!! IP POWER

JenJen444
10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Has anyone found a 0/0/0 chicken broth or stock they can recommend?

I use small amounts of the regular kind for cooking, but I want a carb-free brand so I can sip on it. (Is that weird? Drinking cups of chicken broth? It's something I always crave this time of year. Ha!)

I've considered making my own, but I figure with the onion and celery juices it may not be completely carb-free either and I probably wouldn't be able to strain off enough chicken fat.

schenectady
10-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Whoo hoo! Another 3lbs gone. I'm closing in on the 180s and 70lbs lost. I can't wait until I get there.

21st anniversary coming up in early November want so badly to see 179 or less on the scale by then.

nalaroo - I read your numbers and your words and I am so impressed. You show constant dedication and purpose and it has paid off BIG (or should I say little) time.

You are approaching the 180's and it is soooo close. A week or so depending on how the fates of weight loss decide! I hope it goes as well as it possibly can and that y enjoy a FABULOUS anniversary, regardless of what weight you are at that particular day - you have so much more than the actual weight to celebrate.

For those who have started about where you did, you provide inspiration and hope. I hope some day to also approach the 180, 170 mark but that takes a wee bit more time.

Keep on the way you are going, you are phenomenal.

MelissaKate73
10-08-2013, 07:12 PM

TODAY!

Congratulations! Your B/P is so much better, too. Good for you, girl!

Amazing! Your weight loss is inspiring!

ReenHag
10-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Now if I could just figure out how to tolerate broccoli. And cauliflower. How exactly do I purée cauliflower? I'm thinking of trying to "hide" it in something else.

I really enjoyed roasting both at about 500 degrees F for about 20 minutes. I added leeks, too. Zucchini is also good this way.

To puree the cauli, make sure it is quite fork tender (roast, boil, or steam it), then use an immersion blender, hand beaters, or a food processor or blender. We put it in the ninja blender with some EVOO and a splash of chicken broth. Season lightly with salt and pepper, taste, then increase seasoning, if needed. Yum!

PurpleMomster
10-08-2013, 08:03 PM

Ouch! Hope your ankle gets better quickly and you get to enjoy some turkey this weekend.

Is it bad that this post made me drool??? I can't wait until I'm able to have something like that for breakfast!

TODAY!

That is sooo awesome! Congrats!!!

Woohoo!!!

Has anyone found a 0/0/0 chicken broth or stock they can recommend?

I use small amounts of the regular kind for cooking, but I want a carb-free brand so I can sip on it. (Is that weird? Drinking cups of chicken broth? It's something I always crave this time of year. Ha!)

I've considered making my own, but I figure with the onion and celery juices it may not be completely carb-free either and I probably wouldn't be able to strain off enough chicken fat.

I just use a generic, low sodium one from a local grocery. I do make my own broth - just plain broth, nothing added - and it's really good as a soup base or for flavouring. I'm going to do the same with the turkey from this weekend.

Well, had my WI this morning. I'm not going to say I'm "only" down .8 - I'm going to celebrate that it's a "down" and I'm happy with that given that it's my TOM! I think I'm firmly in Onederland now - still can't believe it - and I am very happy with that :D

Made some amazing baked meatballs for supper, recipe here: http://www.ideallyyou.ca/recipes/baked-meatballs And was going to make a sweet and sour sauce to go with but they smelled so good, I couldn't wait!

Hope everyone is having a great evening and I'm trying to choose between the cookie dough swirl bar and the double chocolate brownie for my snack...tough choice :devil:

Jo

dak1lls
10-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Thank you for the meatball recipe purplemomster!

vachinyc
10-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Just finished dinner - on plan "peanut butter stir fry chicken"...delicious. Some meals make me forget I'm on a diet. It is so good. And I love it with cabbage...kind of subs for cooked onions and/or noodles. Yummy!

Hope everyone had a fabulous IP day!

And thanks for that meatball recipie...nice item to cook ahead and have on hand.

Misstiff
10-08-2013, 09:06 PM
First weigh in today........ After 10 days without a single slip I weighed in down 10.4 !!!!!

MelissaKate73
10-08-2013, 09:09 PM
First weigh in today........ After 10 days without a single slip I weighed in down 10.4 !!!!!

That's freaking AWESOME!!! Sooooo happy for you! :carrot:

vachinyc
10-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Wow. Congrats!

Certainly a nice reward for sticking to it.:D

dak1lls
10-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Congrats misstiff.

JLUS
10-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Just finished dinner - on plan "peanut butter stir fry chicken"...delicious. Some meals make me forget I'm on a diet. It is so good. And I love it with cabbage...kind of subs for cooked onions and/or noodles. Yummy!

Recipe Please!!!!

Wine4me
10-09-2013, 02:29 AM
congratulations on meeting your goal!!