Old 10-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Visualization Techniques

Has anyone ever tried visualization techniques to lose weight? I'm intrigued by the idea. I had inadvertently practiced these techniques myself when I lost weight a few years ago. I would picture myself in the dressing room of a major department store and I was trying on regular sizes and was loving what I saw in the mirror. I need to make a point to start practicing these techniques each day. The brain is a marvelous creation! I think we've only begun to touch the tip of the iceberg of what our brains are capable of doing.

http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/visualization.html
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #2  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

I agree! I remember the first time i lost weight I kept picturing myself in a size 14 and it worked it helped me to lose. So right now im visualizing myself at 199 and how nice its going to feel how comfortable and confident im going to feel at that weight.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Interesting, I never thought of this. Thanks for sharing.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #4  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Honestly, I think many struggle due to believing that they'll always be fat and other such negative self-talk, and perhaps they also having difficulty in visualizing themselves smaller. But I do believe it really works.

Thank you for posting the article! I've tried to practice visualization techniques and have found it helpful, but perhaps I haven't pushed it to this level. I'll be making some notes and will see what I can add to my daily routine.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

There's actually some science to back this up! I know for me I get a surge of confidence thinking about fitting in airplane seats, hiking in exotic locals, running, etc.

I think the second part of the article is the most important though: no more negative self talk!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote