Biggest Loser Challenges - Blu Team Fall into Fitness 2013 CHAT Thread Week 1 (10/06/13 - 10/13/13)

Bigmid
10-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Well here we are Blue team are you ready for this:carrot::carrot:

Welcome to all of the returning blue team members and a warm welcome to all of our new Blue teammates. I'm glad to have you with us and to help you get to your goals.

This is my 8th challenge I think. I did really well on the first three the last ones not so great but I think that I'm so close to goal that my body like where it is. I will be trying to go down another 10-20lbs but I'm not sure if that's even realistic. I have been maintaining within about 5-7lbs for the last two years and I need to take some satisfaction in that as I've lost before and never kept it off....not even for a couple months.

I'm 46, single and work for a retail chain in Calgary, AB. I am a photo lab manager and have been with the same company for 22.5 years now. I do mostly waking for exercise and add a few runs in here and there. I stopped full running as I have planters and heel spurs that flare up more when I run. I am try to add more strength routines in and try to eat healthy for the most part.

Well that's enough rambling from me.....would love to hear form the rest of you now.

LeslieB
10-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Hi Blue Team !
My name is Leslie and I am the Blue Team Co-Leader. I keep track and post the weekly results for the weigh-ins. I'm generally pretty quiet on the boards but do read all of the posts.
I am 47 and married for 16 years to an amazing guy. We don't have any children and both work for the same software company. I was out of the workforce for many years and just got back into it a few months ago with a new profession. So far the work has been great.
This will be my 5th challenge (I think) and lately it's been quite a struggle to lose. I've managed to maintain which is a huge win compared to previous behavior and patterns.
Have a great week 1 everyone !

Only Believe
10-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi! I'm Kathy and I'm so happy to be on your team and be in this challenge!
I'm 47 and married for 30 years (last month) to the best man in the world. We have 1 son who is now married and living in another state.
I've lost over 55 lbs since the end of May.. and I plan to lose a lot more during this challenge! Let's do this!

seaurchin
10-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Hello! I'm Janice and I am also very happy to be on your team and participating in this challenge. I will be 47 next month and I m also married to the best man in the world (LOL). I've lost 50 pounds since I've started by weight loss journey and hope to lose another 50 by the end of next year.

Bigmid
10-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi Leslie hope you summer was great.

Welcome aboard Kathy and Janice it great to have you on our team.

Wow so far were all the same age....I'm 47 next week and 3 of you have the greatest husband in the world. So is he a traveling salesman and I in the same...LOL. That's awesome that you have great husbands and support.

Janice you scared me a bit until I reread thought you wanted to lose 50 by end of this year. I was thinking that's not super healthy. Pay to read :)

Well not much in the plans today drinking my coffee now, need to color my hair later and workout. Pretty easy day in store....that what a day off should be.

Oh ya my name is Jacky

Only Believe
10-06-2013, 01:45 PM
LOL Jacky, Thankfully my husband isn't a traveling salesman otherwise I'd be wondering how many wives he has. I'm glad we all have the best husband in the world. :)
I need to color my hair again. The silver is coming back but I hate coloring it because it's so long that I make a horrible mess when I do it myself. Maybe I can ask my sister in law for her help again.
My coffee cup is almost empty. I'll check back in later. :)

Haley8203
10-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi Team. I'm Haley in New Jersey. I'm 30 yrs old single mom to a 10 year old girl. Part time student and searching for employment. This is my first challenge. I'm happy to be on the blue team because it's my favorite color.

Secret Swan
10-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi, everyone!

My name's Caro, and I'm excited for my first challenge. I'm 31 and single and blue is my favorite color too!

Nagazim
10-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Hello Everyone :)

I'm Magan 28 (in 2 weeks), mommy to a 3 yr old boy and 17 month old girl, and wife to a stud muffin. I'm excited to be able to match him a little better again ;) We homestead so most of my time is busy chasing my kids or chasing an animal or two. I lovvveee The Biggest Loser and can't wait for Tuesday. I hope to get even closer to my goals with the help of all of you!

hiddenstar
10-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Hello everyone!!! Looking forward to a great challenge this time.

This is my third challenge. The first one went great. And the second one, I hit a big stall. I actually took about a 4 month break from dieting and seemed to maintain my weight ok during that time. The last 20 pounds are the hardest. But I am determined to finish.

My name is Rennie and I'm 43. I also have a great husband but wish that he would join me on this journey. It's hard to do this alone which is why I love this website. I have three wonderful kids that keep me busy DS 13, DS 11 and DD10.

Go BLUE :hug:

t0rn
10-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Hello, my name is Gina. I'm joining this challenge with my best friend and cousin, onmyown1981. I turned 26 today and am hoping to turn healthy eating and exercise into a daily routine. I want to get my body in shape and healthy so that I may live a longer and more fulfilling life.

I moved to Ohio in August and will be starting a nursing program in January. I am hoping that a healthy lifestyle will lead to weight loss that makes the job of being a nurse easier on my body.

Good luck to everyone! Looking forward to getting to know all of you :)

OnMyOwn1981
10-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Hi, I'm Amy and I'm 32. I have been trying to lose weight since I was in high school but never the right way. I would lose a lot by restricting and would always gain it back fast plus extra. This year a switch finally was flipped and I had my Eureka! moment where I realized it can't be done with a diet and I had to make a lifestyle change. I started late March/early April and have lost a total of 38 pounds to date. It is literally the hardest thing I have ever done and I struggle every day.

I am excited to be in this challenge to help give me the extra motivation and push to keep going when I have an especially off day.

It is tough but I know I am tougher!

Good Luck everyone!

Doragone
10-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Hi Blue Team - I'm Dora, from Oregon. I'm 62, but since I saw so many 47 year olds are here, I think I'll meld with them ;) Mother of 5, 4 sons (1 deceased) 1 Down Syndrome daughter. I have been an RN for 30 years and have just recently retired. MY best-in-the-world husband and I raise chickens, grow vegetables and hope to start bee-keeping soon on our 5 acre mini-farm.

I also wish my DH would join me, but he is at least drinking green smoothies each morning. I have been in MANY of these challenges, but this year has been the best. I have lost 66 lbs since the beginning of the year, off plan most of August and September, and back on IN EARNEST. . . (the ever-present) . . . tomorrow. But seriously, I am committed to this team and my own efforts, hoping to lose at least 20 lbs this challenge.

Nice to "meet" you all and look forward to chatting and celebrating all our losses. Go Blue!!!

pearlfit
10-07-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi everybody, I’m Pearl and I’m in my mid-50’s, married and I have 3 almost/should be grown kids at home. I have a desk job that keeps me very busy and it’s easy to slip into a no exercise & fast food lifestyle. I think it will be a lot harder for me to do that since I am now accountable to a team. I’ve lost about 25 lbs since 8/1 and I’m looking forward to working together to get where we want to be.

Only Believe
10-07-2013, 10:26 AM
:wave:
Good morning blue team! It's nice to see more of you have posted. I think the only name I recognize is Nagazim.
I look forward to getting to know you all.:D :grouphug:

Bigmid
10-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Morning everyone so nice to see all the new posts. I have read them and will come back later to do personals. Just getting ready for work now but wanted to pop in and say hello and happy day 1 I'd the challenge.

Robot
10-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Tera and I'm 29 years old. I used to do these challenges years ago and am excited to be a part of it again. It's nice to meet such awesome people. Our team is totally going to kick butt.

seaurchin
10-07-2013, 08:27 PM
hello everyone! Glad to meet everyone. Although I am highly excited about this challenge, I have to start slow this week as I pulled a back muscle last week. Hopefully I can increase my activities as we move forward.

LittleBlueCat
10-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Hello Blue Team!

I'm 44 year old, and been working on the same 5 lbs for the last several months. Totally my fault. As Mother says, the mouth is on my face, and the arm is attached to me. No one forced me to eat that cake... But, Mom! I love cake!! hahaha, so here we go at it again. I'm trying to see the 160s, for once and for all.

I hope to be a good percentage contributor to our Challenge!
nancy

Doragone
10-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Today has been OP, worked in the garden, but not enough water, getting more excited at the potential changes in my body from working out.

Confession time: I had a cheat weekend before the challenge, so I may be at a standstill for my first week weigh-in. We'll see. Otherwise, I plan to rock this challenge!

Paintedlady
10-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Hi, I'm Carrie from IL, and 42. I've been married 19 years (20 in Dec.) to the thinnest, loves-sports & working-out-kinda-guy anyone could imagine. We've got 2 kids that we adopted at birth--a daughter, 13 and a son, 12. i'm a Christian, homeschooling mom and love to garden.

I'm new to the site & this is my first challenge. Looking so forward to getting to know you all and lose a bunch of weight!

hiddenstar
10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I just realized the challenge goes thru the holidays. That will be tough but glad I have the challenge to try and keep me focused.

Tera - Kids and I love Dr Who. A little bummed that Matt Smith is no longer going to be doing it. Not sure how the new older guy is going to work out.

LittleBlue Cat - I 've been working the same 5 pounds for months now. It can be so frustrating but we have to keep at it.

Carrie - I used to homeschool also. But I sent the kids to regular school this year. It's been a struggle. Every once in a while, I want to just bring them back home to avoid some of the school rules.

Robot
10-08-2013, 03:37 PM
LittleBlueCat - My mother is the same way. Self control is not easy when unhealthy food can be so delicious.

Rennie - I adore Matt Smith as the Doctor. It will be hard to see him go.

I weighed in today and am down 4 whole pounds. I've been working my behind off.

Nagazim
10-08-2013, 09:07 PM
been struggling with a "calorie overhaul". I think I've been eating too little. So I'm upping my amount to 1400-1600 daily in hopes of getting my body out of starvation mode. :( I wish getting it off was as easy at putting it on.

t0rn
10-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Confession time: I had a cheat weekend before the challenge, so I may be at a standstill for my first week weigh-in. We'll see. Otherwise, I plan to rock this challenge!

Hehe. This past weekend I had a "cheat" weekend, too. I think I may have the same problem, but working to (hopefully) make sure that I don't.

Not a Doctor Who fan, but my brother is obsessed! I haven't seen it, but I'm starting to think I should check it out, lol.

Also, I am on MFP. If anyone wants to be friends on there, my name is apple_cinnam0n & my diary is view-able.

Only Believe
10-09-2013, 07:10 PM
I've heard of Doctor Who but have no idea who he is. LOL
I just finished another fast mile. Whew I'm tired but I love that feeling after a workout. I know I did something! I think I'm done for the day.

Nagazim
10-10-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm just into season 2 of Dr. Who. Love it :)

Secret Swan
10-10-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm on MFP too, t0rn. I'm lebbyloses.

Secret Swan
10-10-2013, 07:09 PM
been struggling with a "calorie overhaul". I think I've been eating too little. So I'm upping my amount to 1400-1600 daily in hopes of getting my body out of starvation mode. :( I wish getting it off was as easy at putting it on.

I've been considering doing that too. How's it going? What made you decide that was the problem? Did you add calories all at once or ease in? So many questions!

Only Believe
10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I walked all day doing yard sales but I also had too many goodies.. Maybe I walked the calories off LOL

LeslieB
10-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi Blue Team !

It sounds like everyone is doing well on the first week of the challenge. I will be gone for a week on vacation starting tomorrow. We are going on a cruise to Bermuda which should be tons of fun but we're both anticipating not so much for the weight.

Have a great week 1 weigh-in and we'll see you in a week !

seaurchin
10-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Hello All-- If had a poor start due to a pulled muscle. But i'll be back on track soon. I've started slowely walking a mile the last couple of days and today i've managed to walk 2 miles.

Haley8203
10-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Hello team. This week was going so well...until today! For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to get stuff for pb and j sandwiches (not a good idea) and I thought it was a good idea to go to the nearby Italian bakery and I thought it would be a good idea to get 2 pretzels at Wawa....once again NOT good ideas! I have weigh in on Monday. :( My daughter was home today so that threw off my whole day..that didn't help. I can't handle changes like that with my diet and exercise plan. I'm just starting to form habits and throwing a wrench in it makes me a little disoriented lol.

Nagazim
10-12-2013, 12:40 AM
I've been considering doing that too. How's it going? What made you decide that was the problem? Did you add calories all at once or ease in? So many questions!

I think as I go along on my journey, I'm going to constantly have moments of panic where I want to "do this" to help my efforts. It's all because the weight doesn't fall off as quickly as I think it should ;) I didn't end up adding more calories. I tried to hit 1400 and literally was sitting at 10pm eating and not even wanting to. It's stupid and a waste of $$ to force these extras down when my body doesn't want or need it. So slow and steady will win this race. I just HAVE to remember that in these moments of crazy. :dizzy: Good luck if you choose to add them in, it does really help some people.

Hello team. This week was going so well...until today! For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to get stuff for pb and j sandwiches (not a good idea) and I thought it was a good idea to go to the nearby Italian bakery and I thought it would be a good idea to get 2 pretzels at Wawa....once again NOT good ideas! I have weigh in on Monday. :( My daughter was home today so that threw off my whole day..that didn't help. I can't handle changes like that with my diet and exercise plan. I'm just starting to form habits and throwing a wrench in it makes me a little disoriented lol.
Tomorrow is a new day. We all fall off the wagon every now and then (I think it may even be good for our weight loss since it more or less throws a wrench in our routines. Good luck with tomorrow, you can do it!!

seaurchin
10-12-2013, 12:11 PM
I feel good! Though i've had a tough week this week, I now feel good today! Take a break, meditate about what you want, visuallize how you see yourself in a few months, breath! Let go of the negative thoughts and smile! :-) Ladies, have nice weekend.

Bigmid
10-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone sorry been MIA this week. It was kind of a crazy week at work and then when I get home and get everything done its time for bed.

I've read all the posts but not done personals......sorry. Will try better but next week may be the same as I fly out to go to a work conference for the week.

Well today is my birthday and I'm just checking in as apparently I'm having a party. My mom was going to surprise me but with her health concerns (major back surgery coming up) and she couldn't find anyone to come early to help....I'm setting up my party:-)

It's all good, except now there will be more food around then I had hoped. Good thing I weighed myself this morning.....although I'm obsessed with the scale and will WI tomorrow too:(.

Well better go finish up. Have a great day everyone. Don't forget to WI tomorrow.

Only Believe
10-12-2013, 05:21 PM
:bday2you: Jacky!! Have fun at your party. :)

LittleBlueCat
10-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Happy Birthday, Jacky!!!

Doragone
10-13-2013, 04:29 AM
I feel good! Though i've had a tough week this week, I now feel good today! Take a break, meditate about what you want, visuallize how you see yourself in a few months, breath! Let go of the negative thoughts and smile! :-) Ladies, have nice weekend.

This is so positive and exactly what I've been wanting to do, slow down and visualize the future me. Trying to let go of the negative thoughts about last weekend's cheat days, that are haunting me with a zero weight loss, but it's difficult when that scale (which I too, am obsessive about, birthday girl Jacky) just won't budge. But it will . . . but it will. Good luck to our team this week. I've been good, but still no exercise (formally), but my yard is looking better ;)

Some NSVs since last challenge, I'm now into size 16 which are even a little loose, yay! 14s, here I come!!!

seaurchin
10-13-2013, 12:03 PM
I weighed in and I am amazed that I dropped one pound this week. Will go for two in the upcoming week. On a side note, my husband has been losing weight too, I was 20 pounds lighter then he was two months ago. He is dropping pounds like crazy and now only weighs 3 pounds heavier (I've been gaining/losing the same four pounds the last two months). He is looking good. My eye candy!

Happy belated birthday Jacky!

pearlfit
10-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi Team. I have to say I'm still so excited to be part of this team. I had a very busy week so I didn't post much on the fitness and nutrition threads. I'm going to try to fill those in later today. I think it will be helpful for my accountability and it's also helpful to get ideas from other people.
been struggling with a "calorie overhaul". I think I've been eating too little.
I've been thinking about the same thing. I just wasn't hungry a couple days this week and was way under my target calorie range. I wondered if I was setting myself up for a binge or lowering my metabolism. But I decided to just go with my instincts and everything is going well. I know I sound like a broken record but low carb/gluten free has worked wonders for my previously insatiable appetite!

Secret Swan
10-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I just want to say that my initial weigh-in was from right away when the challenge was posted. I'll be losing a lot less from here on out.

Nagazim
10-13-2013, 04:10 PM
I know I sound like a broken record but low carb/gluten free has worked wonders for my previously insatiable appetite!

I agree 100%!

Well this week was nutty for me. I tried to up my calories and gained 3 lbs, then reduced my calories back to my "normal" range and lost it back. My starting weight was from Thursday a week ago and I had put on weight during the week since then so I only ended this week with a .4 lb loss. (but 2 lbs from last Sunday). Oh well, hopefully good losses from here on out. Just glad I didn't hold on to those 3 lbs!

OnMyOwn1981
10-13-2013, 08:36 PM
I was totally craving a frozen drink from my local Dunkin Donuts so I convinced the bestie (T0rn- also taking part in the weight loss challenge) to take a walk with me to get one. (I know it was a bad idea but not giving in to some cravings does not work for me in my diet plan) Normally I would drive. Although I've been walking a lot as part of my exercise routine, I have not walked to a store/ set destination since getting my license 10+ years ago. After playing a real life version of "Frogger" to cross the busy main road mid-day, we successfully got our drinks only to be disappointed by the fact that they were utterly terrible. The bright side of our adventure is that I now know I will NEVER crave one of those drinks again as it tasted like pure sugar in a cup! Needless to say we took a few sips and gave the rest away. We also walked enough before and after the drinks to burn off all those calories.