Old 10-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #1  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Default Eating Buddies

I have a play date with an old friend today and Im thinking of canceling bc usually when we get together and hang out the only thing we end up doing is eat. The last time we hung out she got so mad at me bc I wanted to hang out and go visit people but I was trying to avoid the restaurants ...she kept complaining tht she was hungry and her stomach was hurting lol and all of that I had to laugh bc she sounded so pitiful. I love hanging out with her but Im not going to keep going to restaurants and over eating. I mean when we go to eat we eat good!! And im not strong enough yet to order something light and sensible and she orders all the yummy stuff. And I have to watch her eat. Plus I would use this day as a cheat meal but yesterday was my daughter s birthday and I had Chinese which I tried to eat kind of healthy but really didnt succeed and all of the sodium in Chinese food always have me gain a little. I hate to cancel bc we havent seen each other in a while but I need to stay focused my goal is to loose 7lbs before Halloween and this I must do or come close to it. ...idk wht to do

Last edited by skinnyki; 10-05-2013 at 09:45 AM.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #2  
heavenleighstar

I canceled on her..just not feeling it today I know I won't do well if I was to go out and eat my cravings are crazy today. I been snacking on low cal things all day..thank God I dnt have anything really bad in my fridge bc I would be in it. Its that TOM and today has been hard and its only 330p so im glad I cancelled bc I would have eaten something Id regret later..
Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #3  
heavenleighstar

Lost a pound so glad I decided to not go out to eat even though my friend was hurt bc we haven't hung out in a while I have to do what is best for me. Its my time and I knew I wouldn'tof done well Iif I would of went out. I guess it comes down to if u really want it. And I do I am so tired of being this big. I have to reteach my self how to eat healthier and setting limitations.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #4  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Hugs! When you start a diet you sometimes have to make hard choices. I know people will tell you not to limit your socialization, but there have been times I've to say 'no' too. Luckily, it gets easier to resist temptation when the diet is further along, and you can start going out again.

When you get a chance, you might work on your going out plan. Is there a time of day when you and she won't want to eat? If you guys go to a movie, can you resist the popcorn and candy? If you fill up on something low cal before you see her, can you resist watching her eat? Can you invite her to your house and fix something low calorie to eat with her?

One thing that may be good is compile a list of restaurants you trust that make low calorie meals you like and can eat without guilt. Plan your meal in advance.

And level with your friend about the diet. She may be understanding if she sees how much this means to you.

Good luck!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #5  
heavenleighstar

Thanks Tefry and no I cant go to movie s with out resisting the popcorn ..the candy I can but buttery popcorn no. But I have went to the movies and allotted for a small popcorn and was ok. I wont stop socializing but I just knew that yesterday was not the day bc of the cravings I already was having. As far as telling her abt the diet I dont want to twll her I want to show her bc she also is in denial abt her weight but will probably say something negative if she heard about me dieting again..this time I want to show her. And if she asks how then I will tell her. I dont need any negativity right now. Im in my zone and trying to stay focused
Old 10-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

You can always make plans doing things where you can't eat like going to a museum, taking a fun class, or going for a walk in a beautiful area.

If she wanted to go somewhere to eat before or after the activity and you didn't want the temptation, you can always just tell her that you're going home and not interested.

I've had to decline a lot of social events due to budget lately, so I'm getting good at it, haha.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I know this isn't ideal, but can you lie? Can you tell her that you're being tested for food allergies and aren't supposed to eat out until you figure it out? I tell everyone who wants to meet for lunch that I'm just trying not to eat out. Done. I don't give them a big explanation. If they're truly hungry, then we meet at a coffee shop and there's usually something they can find to eat while I drink me tea. But like you, if I'm feeling weak then I'll just decline most of the time.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

I do the same thing. Unfortunately it makes me feel bad but no one really respects your choice to diet and the need to be good if they dont suffer with the same thing. My old roommate always wanted to go out and eat chicken wings. We would go atleast 3x a month. Now that I dont live w her anymore I dont go at all. I still eat out and fast food sometimes but i eat a grilled chicken sandwich or salad. Im italian so thats my weakness. I try and stay away from olive garden or places that have amazing breaded foods lol.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I have a similar issue coming up. My friend is coming to visit soon. In the past we always did coffee (and cake and more cake) and lunch. I always enjoyed those lunches, but at the moment, I have to really watch what I eat as a thoughtlessly chosen piece of cake could mean the difference between losing or not. It's hard, because the last time she came down we did Chinese and it's hard to fit that into points! But I have noticed that my friend will often follow my lead (she's always been overweight and tried every diet known to man, while I've basically been the skinny friend) my friend will sometimes eat what I eat if she knows I'm trying to lose. But sometimes it can be hard finding a good medium while eating out. I will still do lunch with my friend this time, but I'll just have to stick to my guns or go all out and let the next day be the start of my weigh in week. Sometimes it's safer to just do coffee at a café where they only have healthy choice cakes (to me this means gluten free, icing free, boring cakes I can easily pass on, LOL). Why not invite your friend over to your place and you cook lunch, or go to the park and get your friend to bring the take away skinny caps and you bring the cake (that way you get to choose). Or provide a picnic.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybug View Post
It's hard, because the last time she came down we did Chinese and it's hard to fit that into points!
I love Chinese takeout because it's the easiest takeout for me to fit into a healthy diet.
Every Chinese takeout restaurant I've ever been to has a portion of the menu for plain steamed protein + vegetables with sauce on the side. They are cooked without sugar, salt, etc. If you don't see it, you can ask - they can prepare any protein and vegetable combination plain. You can either drizzle a small amount of sauce on your food, or just eat it as is.

For the past fifteen years, the plain steamed chicken with broccoli has been my favorite go-to dish. 2 cups is about 140 calories! I eat about one cup, use a T of sauce. Sometimes I eat 1/2 cup of rice, and sometimes I just skip it all together.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote