Old 10-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #1  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Default # of Packets Based on a Goal Weight not Current Weight

My clinic just started offering the IP videos. Today's video was about how many packets you can have. They said that the standard is 3, one of those can be restricted, but they also said that if your ideal GOAL weight is over 200 lbs then you can have 4 or even 5 packets. I thought this was interesting because most of the posts on this forum have said the number of packets are based on your current weight, which I guess is not the case. Anyway just thought I would share...

Last edited by Meeshellee; 10-05-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Interesting...

My starting weight was 310lbs and goal was to lose 60lbs. I was never told by my clinic about extra packets, and have stuck to 3 (other than the first few weeks) throughout. Technically, both my starting weight and goal weight should have meant extra packets.
1LittleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #3  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Yes. That's true. The videos are put out by IP, not individual clinics. I wish I could share them, but they are Protected with email address and password.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #4  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

If these are the same videos that I get through my clinic, they're not produced by IP. They are produced by a clinic in the US.

Last edited by WillowVee; 10-05-2013 at 10:49 AM.
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #5  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
If these are the same videos that I get through my clinic, they're not produced by IP. They are produced by a clinic in the US.
Hmm interesting. I'll have to ask then because I was told otherwise. I wonder if they are the same. What's the website you go to to login?
Old 10-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #6  
Started IP 03/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Hmm interesting. I'll have to ask then because I was told otherwise. I wonder if they are the same. What's the website you go to to login?
That is interesting. I haven't watched the videos for awhile but when I did, they made it very clear they were not speaking for Ideal Protein. Now they seem to be under the IP umbrella with their new technology. It's at http://my.idealprotein.com/itv/. It's authoritative, anyway. Although I'm not sure what the scoop is about the extra packets and goal weight. It makes more sense to have extra packets at a higher weight level and decrease as the weight decreases.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
If they are the same ones that used to be shared on here this is true. Lots of what they said was not the same as official IP. The ones I am thinking of were two guys talking. They were made by one clinic and then sold to other individual clinics.

They seemed to be super restrictive, very conscious of not using restrictive packages. At the same time I saw those I saw an interview some place online with one of the advisers from France and he said their research was showing the best success was following the program exactly as outlined and not trying to cut
it back further. Of course some people have allergies and have to make some changes.

Last edited by patns; 10-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #8  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Nope. The ones my clinic offer are called "my ideal protein". They have lots of recipes by Chef Vitali (I may not have spelled his name correctly). They haven't said anything about being from any one specific clinic.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #9  
Started IP 03/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Nope. The ones my clinic offer are called "my ideal protein". They have lots of recipes by Chef Vitali (I may not have spelled his name correctly). They haven't said anything about being from any one specific clinic.
I'm pretty sure we're all talking about the same thing here. They started out as an independent clinic making videos for their clients, and then started pushing out the videos though other IP clinics. The grey haired doctor, his son, the smiley guy...myidealprotein. Now they appear to be more connected with the overarching IP company. But truly, these guys are from a clinic, not from IP.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #10  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

The website the videos I watch are on actually has an IP copyright.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I think the confusion may be that the US may not be as totally tied to the original french organization anymore and maybe are copyrighting their own stuff.

I really didn't like those vidoes, especally the "smiley guy" but that is just me.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #12  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I watch them, too....they seem pretty legit to me, but I've only watched about 5 days of them. Each day there is a video (and sometimes a bonus video from him) from the white-haired doctor and a recipe video from that chef Vitali (sp???) that authored the cookbook for sale at the clinics along with a woman named Ami. So far everything has matched what was said at my local clinic and what is seems to be the consensus here. I noticed when I clicked on the "meet the team" option on the ideal tv site that the team members are from various parts of the U.S. and Canada. I'm thinking this is some sort of North American thing. Whatever they are, I like them. They seem to be tailored to exactly where you are in the program. A couple of the recipes were great info for a newbie like me. I wonder how long I'll be able to get them. I didn't think to ask my clinic that.
MelissaKate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #13  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
I watch them, too....they seem pretty legit to me, but I've only watched about 5 days of them. Each day there is a video (and sometimes a bonus video from him) from the white-haired doctor and a recipe video from that chef Vitali (sp???) that authored the cookbook for sale at the clinics along with a woman named Ami. So far everything has matched what was said at my local clinic and what is seems to be the consensus here. I noticed when I clicked on the "meet the team" option on the ideal tv site that the team members are from various parts of the U.S. and Canada. I'm thinking this is some sort of North American thing. Whatever they are, I like them. They seem to be tailored to exactly where you are in the program. A couple of the recipes were great info for a newbie like me. I wonder how long I'll be able to get them. I didn't think to ask my clinic that.
I think you're right. I also enjoy the videos. I feel like they teach me something new each day. Also, the recipes are usually yummy too!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #14  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I haven't seen these videos but it makes much more sense to base the number of packets you're consuming based on your final weight than your current weight because protein intake helps preserve LBM.

If you have more LBM you need a higher protein intake to preserve it.

A 6'5" male will have different protein needs than a 4'11" female when it comes to LBM preservation.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote