Chicks up for a Challenge - WOW Women on Weed Christmas is Coming!

mothermavis
10-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

mothermavis
10-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Hey ladies...time for a fresh start!

Intro...............

I'm Mavis, here is a bit about me in no particular order...
Overweight 167 this AM (Heaviest not pregnancy related weight since high school, ugh)
Crazy busy with 2 jobs
Mother of 2 young men (22 and 25)
Married to the love of my life for 25 years

Here is where I plan to be by the next thread...
Under 150 (so down about 15-20 pounds) do-able only because the first 5 or so are water, then need to lose 12-15 more in 81 days (yup, I counted)
Running 45-60 minutes in a row again and crunching at least 100 a day.

Gonna get there by consistently exercising every single day and watching what I eat, (low carb, reasonable fat)every single day
Going to run another 5k in a few weeks and doing one for Thanksgiving too. By Thanksgiving, going to be back under 30 minutes for 5k.

Editing to say love Kris' idea of an appointment. Have to make time every day to take care of me. Need to find that time!

Nixmom
10-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Kris here!

42 YO
222.00 lbs (really Kris?)
Married going on 4 years to my best friend.
4 kids between us (sons 24,12,9 - daughter 14)
Public Works Director to 75 other adult children

Goals for this stretch of WEED:
Lose 10% - 22lbs
Visit somewhere new once a month
Put myself 1st and work the rest in.

I need to treat exercise like a business appointment with myself. I cannot let life push it around. Going to Kauai for a week and going to take some of the time there to reflect on what I want out of the next half of my life. Going to come back with a workable plan, and then pull the trigger on it!

LETS DO THIS LADIES!

jcatron243
10-05-2013, 05:40 AM
:wave:

I'm Jeni.
36yo
w/I 158
2 kiddos Mak 10 and tommy 8
Work in a processing plant days 12 hour weird shifts.

Just started a weight loss contest at work!

W~80-100 oz a day
E~ Running at least 60 minutes once a week and 35 minutes 3 X per week
E trying for 1400 cals this month. No carbs at night
D~ Reinventing myself. Physically and mentally.

mothermavis
10-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Hi Jeni and Kris!

Busy day!

Worked at the soup sale for Church, got way more than 10k steps today!

Tomorrow, hiking?

W 100
E Hiking, maybe lifting, starting Crossfit!
E POP
D Peace in my head

mothermavis
10-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Absolutely no exercise yesterday, back is out.
Just some gentle stretching today as well.

w 100
E Stretches only
E OP
D One thing at a time

jcatron243
10-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Happy Monday!

After a rough, emotional week I am feeling more like myself:)

W 80 oz
E I'm going to try of a mile after work today
E 1400 cals
D smile, have fun, love

jcatron243
10-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Finally a day off!

W~80 oz!
E35 minute run 35 minute elliptical 25 minute bike
E~1400 cals
D~stay positive

mothermavis
10-08-2013, 08:38 PM
My back is still out! Ugh!

Jeni, enjoy your day off!

W 100
E none, gentle stretching only
E POP
D Keep moving forward!

jcatron243
10-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Thanks, MM! I did enjoy it. I ended up running 4.3 miles (60 minutes). Then since cooking class was canceled the family and I went for a walk.

W 80 oz!
E not much today
E1400 cals
D Be positive.

doc2b
10-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Ok I am back to 3 fat chicks.... the jeans were starting to hurt again. Surprisingly though I am only at 212 (I say only as this is 20# up from a few months ago), but I was afraid it would be worse. I am going to Europe in May, and graduating. A more comfortable weight would be amazing. I feel myself getting kind of depressed lately, and I am simply unhappy with myself. Dating is difficult as I am attracted to people that are similar to the weight I used to be, and I think to myself " I wouldn't even date or approach me".My goal is 2 #s a week or I can deal with 1#. If I lose 2# a week I will be at 188 on Christmas Day (a number I haven't seen since my freshmen year in college), I have been playing with the low 90s for over 1.5 years. The struggle is the unpredictability of my schedule, and I am on a new medication that gives me NO appetite at all. As I am sure most of you are thinking THATS AMAZING. Well its is fine until I don't take it for a couple of days, and I have the desire to do nothing but sleep and eat everything (the medication is a stimulant). Sorry for the rant, lol. NICE TO MEET YOU ALL!!!! Lets do this!
Here are my stats:
Marital Status: Divorced
Kids: None: One furbaby- Adopted dog
Profession: Medical student, so basically I switch jobs every month aka PRETTY stressful
Starting weight: 212 lbs

W: 70 oz
E: Walk 30 minutes
E: Less than 1500 calories
D: Get 2 sections of studying done!!

Hope Everyone has a GREAT Thursday!!

Nixmom
10-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Aloha ladies! Having a great time in Kauai, but very ready to get home and get to it. Stay healthy and I'll be here full on Monday!

:encore::encore::encore::encore::encore::encore::e ncore:

mothermavis
10-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Welcome Doc2B!

Kris, glad you are having fun!!

Mindy, hope all is good!

Jeni, Glad you are getting lots of family time! Tommy's test must have been OK?

W 100 Been missing this lately
E Stretching only
E OP
D TGIF

Nixmom
10-14-2013, 03:00 AM
midnight here. almost home. had a great get away and now ready to drop some serious baggage!

You realize quickly how out of shape you are when you review pictures and don't recognize yourself. I'll be on a mission Ladies. looking forward to kicking some butt.

happy Monday!.

jcatron243
10-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Welcome doc2b!!

MM~ no news is good news so all of his tests were normal, and on top of that his spells are gone!

Kris! I know exactly the feeling about the pictures!! That's what truly made me realize how much weight I have gained back.

Had a horrible weekend. (emotional wise) I need this rollercoaster to be over. I know. Time. Time. Time.

Food wise wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't too bad either.

W 80 oz
E run for a while. hoping for 35 minutes today. Not truly feeling it. I just want to curl up on my couch and read, maybe cry a little. But I know that doing so will only make me feel worse.
E 1400 cals.
D keep moving . use the stop thinking that approach. and get out of this funk.

(sorry for being a downer)

mothermavis
10-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Back still out. No exercise.
YS heads back to college today, blat.. Older son's Birthday is today and he is 2000 miles away. Blat more. Rain day, still blatting. Yup, ugh.

Nixmom
10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey girls!!!!

I'm back from an AMAZING vacation. I'll try to get some pics here in the next few days.

Mavie - what the heck, sister? I want your back to stop it, already! Doesn't it know you need to get moving? I hope you have some sunshine and anti-blat in your days soon. Don't let this trip you up.

Jen - :hug: time - time - time is right. Much like weight loss, healing hearts doesn't happen over night. DO NOT GIVE UP! Also, glad Tommy's tests results were good.

Mtiggie - I see your kittens, missy. Its a good thing there is 1500 miles between us. Otherwise, I may be a proud new kitten owner. I would also probably find myself single ;) Hubby doesn't share my love of animals (at least doesn't admit it out loud).

Doc - Welcome! Come back! Lets get ourselves back to ONEderland together.

Proud of you all. Keep showing up, please. I NEED YOU!

mothermavis
10-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Jeni, so glad Tommy is good! Been there Chick, just keep plugging, it gets better!

Kris, Welcome home!

Me, I'm not going anywhere.

W 100
E Walk is the plan, that is all
E POP
D Choose wisely

mtiger
10-15-2013, 07:31 AM
yikes!! New challenge and on page two already and i haven't been here yet.

Mindy reporting for duty.
53 yr old/ married high school boyfriend 2.5 years ago.
4 kids between us and one grandbaby on the way.
I teach 4th grade, quite stressful at times.
Overweight, fat, yuck!!

I used to be a WHOLE lot more committed to working out....like every single day. Funny how being married has changed that. I findmy self drawn away from exercise to "do things", run errands, move MIL etc. etc.

I have got to get back at this thing in a serious way. Guess I shouldn't make any more apple cream cheese bars. But YUMMY!!

185.6 today....there it is folks. Goal- under 180 by Christmas.

Kris- glad you had fun in the sun
MM- Hope you feel better
Jen- Hang in there girl.
Mtn- It will get better soon

Nixmom
10-15-2013, 09:55 AM
MINDY! So glad you caught back up! I was looking at your ticker. You have come so far in so many ways over the years! Proud of you. Looking to get mine moving in the right direction.

Jen, Mavie, Doc - Good morning!

I am off all week this week too, but am already having some anxiety about going back to work. Not going to let it ruin MY TIME. It's hard being the boss and fighting the urge to chime in, even if I am on vacation.

So, left for my trip weighing 226.8. Got home weighing 226.8. Down a couple pounds this morning. Hoping I have the "whoosh" over the next couple of weeks as I make the effort to pull this weight off.

WEED this week:
W - 80 oz (yah, its a little shy of what I should shoot for but gotta start somewhere)
E - 100 sit ups, 10 push ups, 20 minute walk.
E - Log it. What ever "it" is
D - Its okay to renew, relax, and not fix the world. Don't short yourself.

jcatron243
10-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Hi ladies :) Okay I am in a very good mood today. I let myself cry everything out yesterday. And DH and I are doing great

Food isn't the greatest today but I will sweat it out tomorrow.

today I did
W 80 oz
E 40 minute walk with DH
E didn't add my calories :o
D. Smiled all day long. no bad thoughts just doing good.
D

mothermavis
10-16-2013, 06:14 AM
Yay Jeni!

Welcome back Mindy!

Kris, can't wait to see pics!

Mtnmama, where are you?

W 100
E Maybe a little walk, back is still out so no crunches etc
E OP
D Choices

Candy dish is back at work. Never to steer clear!

jcatron243
10-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Another good day in the making!

My baby is 8 today! He wants pancakes and bacon for dinner with ice cream cake for desert!!!

I have less than a week until my official w/I. I think I am doing okay, but I really need to watch it this weekend. My kiddos are going to an overnight camp and I am taking two vacation days to spend with DH. We have done a lot of time alone lately. I feel a bit guilty for leaving the kiddos with grandparents every other weekend, but it is essential for DH and I to reconnect and rebuild our safety net and trust. I read a couple of books to help push us in the right direction of healing, which helped me a lot (DH read certain passages I thought were relevant to us). When I told him some of the exercises in trust I wanted him and I to do, it turned into a terrible downward spiral fight that left us physically(we were up super late and up early) and emotionally exhausted. I don't even know how the argument began, he agreed to do the exercises with me. So we did one of the exercises last night. Complete with ground rules for all future discussions. It was very nice to get him to open up to me. I know that last night was truly the beginning to us healing. I know I will still have some bad days, but I want the good days to outweigh the bad in my mind.

OK. so today

W 100 oz
E run. 60 minutes is my plan
E 1400 cals.
D workout, be happy, use the knowledge that I gained last night to make a positive effect on today.

aschooley29
10-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Intro:
I am almost 36 yo. I am a mother of 5. I live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere USA. I need to lose 60 lbs. and get my blood sugar spikes under control.

W: 80 oz.
E: Walk 30 min
E: follow prescribed diet
D: Do something for someone else:)

mothermavis
10-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Oh, Aschooley, I LOVE that "D"!

mtiger
10-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Just gotta rant for a second.

This is when I get pissed...I ate right , worked out and nothing on the scale. Makes me wonder why sometimes. Okay DONE!!

Today is another day and I will commit to eating right and getting in a workout.

jcatron243
10-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Welcome Aschooley!

Mindy I am sorry for your frustrations.

Well, I did not workout yesterday. I ended up on the phone with my mom for over 3 hours, then I had to go shopping and got stuck in traffic for 30 minutes (in my small town that is a crazy thing).

Today I have to take my husbands grandma to the Hospital for an angiogram, she is horribly nervous that something is going to go wrong. So we are all going for her support.

I am hoping that after Makenna's volleyball game DH and I can go for a walk (even a short one).

W at least 64 oz
E a walk
E 1400 cals. stick to it.
D I am in charge of how I feel. I choose to be happy! I have so many good things in my life.

aschooley29
10-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Thank you mothermavis for the complement.
Mindy, you might be losing fat and gaining muscle. Keep up the good work!!
Jeni, thank you for the welcome. I also did not get my walk in yesterday either. We can both do it today!! I will pray for your husband's Grandma, I hope she is well.

W: 80oz
E: walk 30 min :)
E: stick to plan
D: Think positive thoughts about myself, encourage others to do the same

mothermavis
10-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Hey all! Happy day. I went to the voodoo Dr today, trying to get myself straightened out. We shall see!

W 100
E nothing
E Blew that today, tomorrow will be better
D Choices are mine to make

jcatron243
10-18-2013, 05:42 AM
DH's grandma came through everything fine.

W 80 oz
E work day today, but I may run out some frustrations when I get home.
E 1400 cals
D make it through the day, be happy,

mothermavis
10-18-2013, 06:11 AM
Jeni, glad Grandma is OK, and missed in there...Happy Birthday Tommy!

Today is gonna be a good day!

W 100
E probably none again, signed up for a 5k tomorrow a while back, with my back, no way I can run it right now, but gonna try to walk it.
E Stick with plan today!
D TGIF

Nixmom
10-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Happy Friday chicks!

I am down 4.8lbs this week. Can't remember the last time I was down at all. I have been sleeping like crazy. Probably my body still trying to figure out what time zone I'm in. :)

Mavie - I love me some voodoo doctor. I was there Tuesday!

Aschooley - welcome! 5 kiddos! You are a brave soul! So glad you found us and look forward to loosing the 60 lbs with ya!

JCat - happy belated birthday to tommy! The 16th is my lifetime best friends birthday. It's a popular day for awesome people coming into the world. You sound like you are winning the battle with emotions and I am glad to hear you and the hubs are getting time together. Enjoy!

There is this huge 3 day country music festival about an hour from us that happens in April. The tickets go on sale today. I am contemplating paying the outrageous ticket price to see Luke Bryant shake it for me. :D:D

Off to soak up my last quiet day of vacation. We have kids tonight so I'm gonna squeeze every ounce of relax out of this day.

Drink you water ladies, and be good to yourselves!

aschooley29
10-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Nixmom Thank you for the warm welcome.

I know what weight I want to become by the end, however I want to set an attainable mini-goal for Christmas. I was thinking 30 lbs. What do you all think? Is that attainable or too much to lose in 2 months?

Have a wonderful day ladies...and remember you are not alone.

Aschooley :hug:

mothermavis
10-18-2013, 07:16 PM
30 is alot with the holidays, but it's your call aschooley. Maybe 15 for a goal and 30 for a stretch goal!

mtiger
10-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Did cardio kickboxing last night. Haven't done that DVD in a while. It was intense. I feel it today. It helped with the scale a little...down about 1.5. YAY!! Still too fat for my clothes so I gotta keep going.

Kris- :carrot::carrot:

To everyone else....Let's move it girls.

I need to start an exercise tracker or something...to keep me moving and accountable. With or without husband. :o

Nixmom
10-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Hey Hey!

Thanks Tiggie, and KUDOS SISTAH! Thats awesome to "kick" your weightloss into gear!

Wendy - so proud you little walker! Keep it up. I tried to post again on your blog - twice to be exact - but haven't mastered the sign on. I'll try again later.

Aschooly - That is a big goal. I am going to shoot for 1% of my weight a week. That way it moves as I lose, and I think focusing on a week at a time is helping me.

Doc2b - where did you go?

Jen - Must admit I peeked at Facebook today! No pistol whipping anyone, okay? So glad you experiencing some firsts!

*CAUTION* Vent mode. I will not get into details but must just say, my hubby and the government are the only sources of hubby's exes income. We pay more than we have to. We are done supporting her new husband and their new baby too. No one has had a steady job in that house hold for 10 years and now they have a 1 month old. So we took them back to court. There are 4 pages of response about how we are the creeps that make the money and she deserves more of it. I am ready to go put someone in her place. Its ridiculous. Lazy asses. Her "theory" is I pay the bills so I can afford to pay her what she wants. Um, I didn't lay down with you sweetheart. And my hubby's income is the one that concerns you.... even though we pay to cover the kids on my insurance, and take them school shopping, and get them their glasses, and pick them on your weekends to take them to events because you don't feel like taking the new baby out. I am not normally like this. I know this girl too well, but I am done playing nice. :) The kids will still get everything they need, but mom will not get more cash than the court determines. Ugh... I'm fried.

Nixmom
10-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Evening ladies.

Sorry about yesterday's rant. I get slightly frustrated with those who lease their lives on the entitlement theory.

So, I'm excited to report that I was 5.2 down for the post vacation week. I'm not as excited to report that I did not win powerball which means I must return to work tomorrow. I'm trying to wind down, but can feel an anxiety attack just below the surface. It stinks. Just remembering to be thankful that I have a study job and loving family to come home to at the end of the day.

Wishing all of you a peaceful evening and on-plan week. So glad you girls are here!

Niters!

mothermavis
10-21-2013, 06:04 AM
Kris, no need to be sorry about ranting! We all need to do it and I am glad you are here too! Don't fall back into work mode overload. Walk out with time to have a personal life too, every day!

Jeni, hope you had a great weekend!

Mindy, Glad you got your exercise in!

Aschooley, Hope you had a great weekend too!

W 100
E Going for a walk at lunch, jog after work, gonna try some light weights and test the back
E POP, got ready for the week on the weekend, so my food is all ready
D It's work, but I can do it!

mtiger
10-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Quick fall walk with the hubbie last night. Down a little today so I'll take it. Must keep on the workout wagon!!!!

Kris- Go get em. People need to grow up sometimes.

jcatron243
10-22-2013, 12:26 PM
geez. I posted yesterday morning and it isn't there. Yes the weekend was very good. I don't understand why when I have a good day, the bad days amplify ten times.

So July 22, after going to the doctor and seeing how much my weight had skyrocketed out of control I started watching my calories and exercising again. I told myself that I would have one official w/I day a month because it should fall as close to the same time each month in my cycle. (and we all know how our cycle's effect our weight, unfortunately my decided it was time to come early this month)

July 22: 180
August 22: 172.8
September 22: 160.8
October 22 150.2

I am down 29.8 pounds. that .2 pounds is killing me :) The last time I lost weight I went from 199 down to 136. I decided that 136 wasn't a sustainable weight for me, I was working out 15-20 hours per week and eating 1200 calories. I knew that when I worked out 4 times per week 1 hour each time, and ate close to 1500 calories per day I maintained at 148. I set a realistic goal at 5 pounds per month so I could reach 150lbs by January (my birthday month). I am pretty shocked that I am almost at that goal now.
So how far do I want to go? Where should I start maintaining? Well since I am involved in a weight loss competition at work, I am going to try for another 8 pounds over the next month. (2 pounds per week). I have 3 pair of jeans left that I had from before that I would like to be able to wear. I think that will take me to 140-142. If I can't maintain at that weight, then I am going to be okay with 148-150.

NSV~I have had several people ask about my weight loss. which is nice.

No workout victory this month. I didn't achieve any of my goals from last month. So I am going to start over again and set my goal to run 35 minutes everyday off starting today. Once a week I would like to see a 5k.

Emotions? Well I have had good days and bad days. I need to have some closure on everything that has happened. I don't know how to get it, but If I don't get answers to a couple of questions the demons will always take over my thoughts. I practice the "Stop" technique. By switching the thoughts when I feel them spiraling. But, there are days that I keep going back to certain thoughts. Then we have a bad day and its my fault.

On the positive side: I am trusting myself more. I am standing up for myself more. I have even had meaningful smiles. I can go for almost an entire day without thinking "how could this have happened?" I am letting myself trust him in most ways.

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run; 45 minute walk with DH tonight (although after last night I'm not sure this will happen)
E 1400 cals
D Fight the demons. Be honest. Treat him like I want him to treat me. FIGHT HARD FOR WHAT I WANT!

mothermavis
10-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Jeni, just keep moving forward! 30 lbs in 3 months is amazing!

Mindy, Glad it is starting to come off for you!

w 100
e did a walk, maybe some more, we will see!
e pop
d focus!

mtiger
10-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Went to the gym last night...with my hubbie. Haven't been there in about 87 days. Yikes!!! Well the scale is SLOWLY inching back down. I MUST keep working out. I want back in the 170's in the worst kind of way!!!!

Jeni- WOW!! That is a really fast weight loss. 30 pounds GEESH!!! I think you could maintain anytime now. Good for you.

aschooley29
10-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Hello Ladies,

I just got back home from visiting my son at school. The drive went well other than having to pee every few miles. (the cost of drinking so much water).

Awesome job Jeni...almost 30 lbs...that's fantastic!!
Kris..nice job on the 5.2 lbs...keep it up!!

W:80 oz
E: 30 min on bowflex
D: Do something to let my hubby know that he means the world to me.

soon2beskinnyCarma
10-23-2013, 06:31 PM
So I managed to lose you guys as I got busy. But hello all.

Nixmom: Congrats on getting on the wagon. I have seen you losing on MFP. So proud.

Mavis: How is the C25K going. I fell off the wagon. Need to get back on my race I planned on doing is around 5 weeks away.

MTiger: I just did a Piloxing class yesterday. It was so good to feel my heart rate up again. My daughter takes a class at the same time so it will work out hopefully.

Jcat: 30 lbs in 3 months is awesome. You must feel great.

Hi to Aschooley

As for me. Not sure if I shared that I hit onderland. Not that it mattered much as I gained it back and now battling again. I need to get way under onderland by at least 5lbs. Official weigh in today 203.4. Lots of stress with my MIL being sick and my FIL having a hard time as well. My husband isn't doing well and is constantly angry and screaming about stuff. Which has sent me stress eating. I just need to keep telling myself that I survived 6 months of watching my Mom die and I managed to take care of myself and lose weight. I can do it again. I had a high weight of 205.6 and then have lost down. I really wanted to be around 193 by the end of October but not looking good. If I am in Onderland I will be happy.

Weed for weekend:
W: Water 100oz.
E: 1 hr day goal. Happy with 30 minute reality.
E:Try to keep it under 1800calories this week
D: I can do this. I will do this.

Nixmom
10-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Crazy making happening! Been trying to battle it.

hey carma! Glad you're back and glad to hear you had a taste of onederland. :carrot: I just keep trying.

Ladies I'm pooped. Gonna catch up tomorrow night. Just wanted to pop in and say I'm here.

Hope you are all being strong in your mission!

mothermavis
10-24-2013, 06:08 AM
Yesterday was not great, but the rest of the week has been so...I am right back on track this morning!

W 100
E walk at lunch, maybe elliptical tonight
E OP
D Relax, roll with it!

mtiger
10-24-2013, 07:26 AM
No gym last night..it was hump day. Enough said!! :dizzy:

We are getting there tonight though. 183.2 today as opposed to 182.8 yesterday. HHMM!! So much for hump day??!!

jcatron243
10-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Hi ladies.

I will write some personals tomorrow, I just wanted to check in. You guys are great. Thanks for all the positive comments. ( I hate the ones like wow are you on drugs? or How skinny do you want to be?<= that one kills me. I am not exactly skinny. I just want to fit in my skinny jeans)

I've had some emotional ups and downs, dang mood swings. And very little sleep over the past couple of days. I am going to head to bed soon and try to sleep in. (TRY)
W didn't get in enough today only like 8 oz :(
E walked a lot around the plant today.
E I didn't log in my food, but I am guessing around 1400 cals
D I am going to bed with happy thoughts.

mtiger
10-25-2013, 07:27 AM
This is when I get really annoyed. Went to the gym, ran 2 miles and did 3 leg machines. Oh so I gain today. Bull crap!!

Gonna keep at it even though I am very frustrated.

jcatron243
10-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Keep positive Mindy!

Today is going great. The stupid fill in your word here got fired from my husbands work today!!!!! :carrot: Yes it is bad to be happy for someone else's trouble. But, now I can really focus on healing rather than worry about the two of them working together. Here is to a fresh start and focusing on healing!!!

jcatron243
10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
oh right

W 80 oz
E run 35 minutes
E 1400 cals
D let myself feel the relief and figure out where to go next.

mothermavis
10-26-2013, 07:08 AM
Jeni, It sounds like you are at a new beginning, good for you!!

Mindy, I feel your pain!

Carma, Welcome back! :hug: Take care of you, it sounds like alot of stress.

Kris, :cb: It's the weekend, hope you are making time for you!

Aschooley, hope all is good!

W 100
E Cool out and it's now hunting season here (and I live in the boondocks) so, will be a treadmill run for me, also going to do one of the 30 day whole body workout challenges I found on Pintrest
E POP, making a big pot of low carb gumbo today, freezing into servings for my lunch and it will be dinner tomorrow!
D A year from now, you'll be glad you started today!
I for one, do not intend to be fat & 50!

Nixmom
10-26-2013, 08:20 PM
happy saturday sisters!

I went to the animal shelters (yes 2 of them) Thursday and both again today looking for dog #2. My girl is getting older and I need her around to teach up my next one. Its soooo heartbreaking. Nothing but Pitt bulls and chihuahuas. I am a big dog lover (here, here Mavie's Rott!) and dream of giving a lost pitt a loving home. Found one and went back to visit today, and he was sick. Found another lab pitt mix (which is what I have now). She was sick too. Left my name for them call when one or the other is well. My patience is being tested.

We are also in month 5 of purchasing a short sale. May i repeat: my patience is being tested~

Enough about me.

Tiggie - you just keep going. do not stop to look at that darn fun sucking scale. just keep moving!

Mavie - hunting season! my hubby is avid hunter. been scaling the hills here after work 3 days a week with his bow and his buddies searching for deer. He also bird hunts, and last saturday HE adopted a short haired pointer "cuz he needed a bird dog". Within 3 hours the crazy hyper dog had marked in the house twice AND ON MY HUBBY'S LEG!!! Needless to say, the dog went back to the shelter in record time :D

Jcat - it is funny how things have a way of working out. I'm glad you are getting so peace and not having to worry about her anymore. Chin up! I love all of your positivity! Keep it together!

Carma - hanging off the side of the wagon at the moment, but back on tomorrow. I have absolutely taken some for myself these last couple days (Yes, Mavie!) and now I have to regroup! I'm still down, but flirting with disaster.:o

221 this morning.

WEED for the week:
W 100oz daily
E 5000 steps a day (wear body media fit daily)
E Journalling and trying to stay away from red meat
D Plan, don't react. Its a moment in time. Maintain composure!

mothermavis
10-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Kris, Funny, we are talking of getting another one as well. We have almost always had 2 dogs and our boy now is exceptional, they sure do learn well from each other. Glad you are taking time for you!

You know I am a realtor and I will say, least accurate term in the home selling world is "short sale" nothing short about them. Hang in there!

Jeni, Mindy, Carma, Aschooley hello out there!!

W 100
E Got a treadmill jaunt in, took half of the run to figure out my app!
E OP
D Sunday. Back to work tomorrow. Ugh!

tefrey
10-27-2013, 03:54 PM
I am finally on board this WEED business!

Let me explain. I began this journey with diet, so I had my first E right from the start. Disability kept me from my second E, but now I'm there, and my goal (maybe pie in the sky) is to run the Bolder Boulder 10K in April 2014. My D was harder, my diet coach recommended a mantra but I didn't have one ... what I do have is a spirit animal, a fierce little rabbit that used to live in my yard, she had a messed up leg (as do I) but she didn't let it stop her. So my D is her.

And finally, this week I realized that I am constantly dehydrated and that that is messing up my weight loss. So I am drinking as much water as I can stand and now I have my W.

So in short:

W - At least four big glasses (16 oz each)
E - Cardio and weight training
E - 1200 calories net, every day. Lots of fiber, lots of veg
D - Badass Brokeleg Bunny

mothermavis
10-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Tefrey, welcome! You've definitely come to the right place.

Bolder Boulder 10k, sounds cool!! I bet you can do it, sounds like you are determined!

Nixmom
10-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Sweet Sunday Night! I got almost 11,000 steps in today. My feet are pissed. My heart is happy, though.

Welcome Tefrey! I like the BBB "D"! I am always jolted back into motivation when I a see a hummingbird and its little tiny wings kicking butt at light speed! Get that water down sister! It makes a world of weightloss difference and keeps your spirits from withering!

Mavie - I am also on the look out for a Rott. Any big dog with good temperment really. I had my Inga for 10 years, and she was a beauty. Great, great dog. I have been pretty fortunate on the dog picking (unlike hubby, Hee Hee!)

Tiggie, Jen, Carma, Aschooley - in honor of our new recruit, hop to it girls! Its a new week! Sound off!

Weed for 10/28-11/1
W - 100 oz (I keep setting it and not getting it!)
E - Wearing bodymedia fit, 5000 steps (hard with office job)
E - Journal it, under 1600, quit carbs after lunch!
D - Just think of the boots your legs will fit into!

A day at a time ladies. One day at a time!

mothermavis
10-28-2013, 06:11 AM
Kris, 11k steps, you rock! Awesome!

W 100oz
e it's a running day, also a walk at lunch, 10k steps today, dragged the pedometer out!
e pop, challenge today, working and there is so much chocolate in the office.
d think positive thoughs

mtiger
10-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Good morning!!

Jeni- Karma has it's way. No need to feel bad that you are happy. Enjoy the peace. Wish some Karma would come to someone I know....

Kris- Good luck with the dog. I miss my big boy every day. I can still cry at the drop of a hat.

Husband is working late all week so I am hitting the gym right after work every night....except Wed. Darn conferences anyway. Hold me accountable girls. Ask me how my workouts went every day.

jcatron243
10-28-2013, 11:32 AM
:welcome: tefery

Hi ladies! Well the scale is mad at me this morning after a weekend of celebrating a weight being lifted from my shoulders. The relief is great! But I didn't work out much. So I am about to get off my treadmill and do a 35 minute or so run. Then after my run I am going to get my house in order. (we had a sleepover this weekend and it seems that a tornado has hit every room in the house!

W 80 oz or more
E 35 minute treadmill. I really need to get back to the gym too.
E CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN I need to avoid sodium today. I ate too much garbage.
D Be happy. Allow myself to feel the relief, ignore the negative thoughts and bring back the positive ones!

AlligatorSky
10-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Hello ladies!

I'm Alli,
I'm a natural born shortie,
17 years old,
currently 210 pounds,
single, and preparing for the experience of college,
It's nice to meet you all!

W - Shooting for 72 oz, today.
E - Stretching, and exercises to increase my flexibility, at home.
E - Cut back on the SALT, avoid picking at the leftover food from the Halloween Party this past Saturday!
D - "Your body can do anything, it's your brain you have to convince."

mothermavis
10-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Welcome Alli! Great to meet you and good for you for getting healthy before college.

Jeni, be happy!!

Mindy, did you make it to the gym? How was it? Did it feel good to be back?

Kris, I took your example, got on track with the Pedometer. I had an app on my phone, but had not been using it, today I did!

Got my run in (W5D2) got my walk at lunch and registered 12,541 steps. Tomorrow will be less without the run, but still going to aim for the 10k!!

Nixmom
10-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Wooweee ladies!!! Look at us all go. I love love love it!

Welcome Alli! Good on ya for getting Control now little one. The older ya get, the more the weight wants to stick around. We are here for you and can't wait to celebrate your successes!

Mtiggie - glad you are taking advantage of your evenings. I heard my hubby was gonna be late and ran home to get my Jammie's on and relax. The gym did not cross my mind. You rock!

Mavie's stepping it up! Woot! I only got 4100 in. I gotta remember to move.

Jen - enjoy your peace. Cut yourself a break, and just soak up the love, sister.

Terry- how's that bunny spirit doin?

I had an okay day work wise. I have been struggling sleep through the night. Was taking Xanax occassionally to sleep when my anxiety is bad, but this has just been general uncomfortableness. It wrecks my focus to not get enough sleep. When I can't focus, I procrastinate by getting a little something to snack on. Gonna medicate tonight so I can reset myself, although I hate to do it.

How do you ladies remedy the after effects of sleepless nights?

mtiger
10-29-2013, 07:46 AM
Had to go to redicare last night for my ear. It was plugged with wax and I couldn't hear. Cleaned it out and AAHH!!

I came home and made dinner then contemplated my workout options. Instead of going to the gym I pulled out a moldy oldy standby..BL DVD. Let me just say OUCH this morning. Guess I should do that more often.

Kris- I have had more sleepless or interrupted nights than ever lately. What's up with that??? Age?? Menopause coming..maybe?? IDK!!!

mothermavis
10-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Morning all!
Forgot to turn on the pedometer on my phone yesterday...whoops.

Mindy, did you go to the gym last night?

W 100
E Run
E POP
D One choice at a time

mtiger
10-30-2013, 07:08 AM
MM- YES 4 miles in 57min. on the treadmill. Does the scale give me any reward today??? NO!!!:?:

Today is a long day for me. School all day and conferences from 4-8:30. I hate these days. Better bring some food to keep me going.

mtiger
10-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Long day yesterday with conferences...12 hours. YUCK!! No workout, but back at it tonight.

jcatron243
10-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Welcome Alli!

Wow, I didn't check in at all yesterday!

Mindy Great job on your run! Sorry the scale is still being mean.

Kris~ Sleepless nights are awful. I wish there was a switch to shut off all thoughts.

Yesterday I was down with a headache. I think it was the tension leaving my body that I was holding on to for so long. Today I am feeling better, but I spent my morning shopping for peanut free snacks for Tommy's Party at school. Apparently I have been the only parent to send anything in, so Tommy volunteered me for more. Kids, gotta love them.

I am really hoping to get in a run after school. It shouldn't be to hard to do. 35 minutes of me time.

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run
E 1300 cals. NO HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!! Win the work competition.
D enjoy the peace that has filled me. Focus my thoughts on all the positives.

mtiger
11-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Just one unhappy fat chick here reporting in. Went to the gym ran 2 miles and did legs. Today???? Gain a half pound. How nice is that??

Gym tonight??? Thinking does it matter, why bother?? :(

twish
11-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Wow! This looks like a challenge that could really help me.

About me:
Living with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), which is the result of severe sexual violence and threats to my life I experienced between the age of 2 and 18.
I put on a significant amount of weight to protect myself from unwanted male attention.
Lost 30 lbs last year with the support of 3FC but put it back on when my invisibility began to fade.
Hovering around 265 lbs, am at the heaviest I have been in my life. Inside, I still feel like I am between 165-185.

My goals?

W: i love water, so want to keep up my intake
E: to do the activities that make me feel good in my body, not to make myself do things I don't enjoy
E: to adhere as consistently as possible to the calorie deficit that will help me make my outside body match my inside body
D: long-term is to be fearless. To not punish myself- my health and my body- because I am afraid of being attractive and therefore vulnerable. To re-program my mind.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here. Thank you, MotherMavis, for posting this challenge.

mothermavis
11-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Welcome Twish!

Mindy, sorry you are not being rewarded for your work. Keep at it, it'll come off eventually!

Jeni, what were the kids for Halloween?

Kris, miss you, hope all is well!

Alli, hope you come back and post more too!

W 100
E Ugh, woke up today with my back out again. Boo, hiss!
E OP, did have one small cookie, but mostly good
D 5 days off. Desperately needed!

jcatron243
11-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Mindy~ Remember the scale is only numbers. Focus on how accomplished you feel!!! You are doing a great job!

Welcome Twish!

MM~Makenna was a water fairy, and Tommy was Steve from the game Minecraft.

W 60 oz (need more still)
E ran 1.31 miles on the treadmill after work!
E ummm I didn't count (shame on me) Halloween candy
D sleep all night.

Nixmom
11-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Hey chicks!

Busy weekend and I am not feeling 100%.

Step sons birthday, hubby's birthday, air show event to attend, move the mother in law, and find a moment to catch up on work in between.

Love to you all and I'll check in tomorrow afternoon. Gonna try to get to bed now.

twish
11-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Here we go...

W- 1.5 litres
E- 30 Day Shred
E- 1200
D- focus on what I am doing while I am doing it...

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Kris: My son's bday is this weekend to. Hang in there. We got this.

Jcat: the kids costumes sounded cute. My son went with the usual soldier. Daughter was a vampire.

Twish: Welcome to WEED. The support here is great.

Mavis: Joined a November exercise challenge. Hoping it helps. Thought of you and your promise to your son when he left for school. Reminded me of my promise to myself. I needed to get re-motivated. I did awesome in September and blew it in October.

mtiger: Hate long days like that. Don't miss working 12 hr shifts.

Alli, Tefrey and Mountain Mama: Hope your doing well.

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Oh yeah and WEED for weekend
W: 100oz baby
E: Get out for a walk run. First one in weeks.
E: Try and keep it under 1900. Goal is 1680 but reality is TOM hit today.
D: I can do this. I can get there again. Onderland is 5.2lbs away. Don't let it get any further.

mothermavis
11-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Hey all!

W 100
E Just got off the dreadmill W5D2 in the books! Gotta remember the pedometer too!
E POP
D Make all my choices count.

mothermavis
11-03-2013, 08:25 PM
I hate talking to myself, where is everybody?

W 100, got that easy today
E 11,617 steps
E OP, not perfect- had a hard apple cider, but very good
D Still have two more days off

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Sorry Mother busy over the weekend. Finally got exercising today. Going to go do one set of weights and 10 minutes of yoga for 95 minutes exercise. Ate some of my exercise calories hopefully scale is kind in the am.
enjoy your remaining days off.

jcatron243
11-04-2013, 05:47 AM
MM~ I'm here.

I came down with a dang cold :( I had a good weekend for the most part
with food, but man that Halloween candy is brutal. I have been getting my appetite back, and I have found that I am not eating enough at work so I am ravenous when I get home. (back to normal, which is a good thing right?) So I will be taking more today to help stop the munchies tonight.

We have a basketball meeting tonight for Makenna. (or it could be practice I don't know) My hubby was asked to be an assistant coach, which is funny because he doesn't know anything about basketball. He helped out Tommy's team last year too. So it will be a busy 6 weeks. Practice twice a week, games once a week, plus cooking class. I have to plan my meals so they can be healthy and ready!

W 80 oz
E run a mile if I am feeling better
E 1400 cals
D enjoy the happiness. It is a good thing to be getting back to normal.

mtiger
11-04-2013, 07:31 AM
busy weekend here also. So here's the breakdown. worked out 4 days last week, eating was good and gained 3 pounds. Nice, huh??

Today are conferences again so another 12 hour day. Going to get to the gym the rest of the week though. Maybe I can gain another 3 pounds...haha!!

mothermavis
11-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Hey everybody! Weekends ARE crazy, aren't they? Always so much to do!

Mindy, that would aggravate me too. Have you ever tracked by measurements? Maybe, with the exercise, you are developing muscle? Eventually, it will show and you are getting your heart healthy either way. Keep going!

Jeni, Normal is awesome. The lack of Halloween candy in my house is one of the benefits of having grown kids. We live too far out of town to get trick or treaters (although I did buy one bag of candy just in case). I remember it calling my name when they boys were home... Hope you feel better!

Carma, I've always wanted to do yoga. It sounds so awesome! Do you have a DVD? Is there one you would recommend for a beginner?

W 100
E C25K W5D3, crunches and planks
E Low carb, reasonable fats, no empty calories
D Peace in my head is important!

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Mavis: I just bought the Tyra Styles one. I didn't use it yet. I plan on trying it tomorrow where I have a day off. I will get back to you. I bought it as a 4 pack of workout tapes on Amazon and think it was around 25 with free shipping.
Jeni: Halloween candy is evil. Thank god I have eaten almost all of the chocolate I like and the kids hid the rest from me.
Mtiger: Measure yourself. It might be that. Or if you were eating a lot of processed work meals could it be salt and you lacked water intake?
The scale was not kind. I had way too much salt yesterday. 203.2. Still less than Friday's high of 204.6. Need to figure out what else I will do for exercise. I went for a 35 minute walk this am. Would like to get at least 35 more minutes in. Only need 3 more cups of water and I am at 13 cups or 104oz. Also I still have almost 500 more calories left to eat. Leftover soup and salad tonight for dinner for me and made a Stromboli for the kids and husband.
WEED for week
W: 100oz
E: 60 minutes plus each day. Trying to get 500 minutes in by Saturday.
E: Keep it around 1680. Try to dial back the sodium.
D:
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Swedish Proverb quotes (http://thinkexist.com/quotes/swedish_proverb/)

jcatron243
11-04-2013, 07:55 PM
goal~to workout while mak is at practice!!!!! at least 35 minutes worth!

Nixmom
11-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Feeling guilty about not posting in days (it worked Mavis!), so I'm here posting a meaningless post just to say that I posted. Plus my hubby is currently trying to convince me to "sleep naked" tonight. TMI - I know. I don't have the energy for it and really could just post about nothing here all night if its alright with you girls. That would be less effort.

I really just wanna read a book in quiet, clean house. I guess a girl can dream.

Will be here tomorrow (MAVIE!) to catch up on the thread.

Wonder how long it'll take him to fall asleep..... :D There's still birthday cake I could eat while I wait!

Good night ladies!

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Kris: just think of it as getting in more Cardio for the day. lol.

mtiger
11-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Hey Kris- I'm always up for burning a few extra calories between the sheets. Lucky guy huh??

Well I have the day off and my darling called in sick. We are going to get to the gym today...together. Still 186.8...OMG!!

jcatron243
11-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Well my run only lasted 22 minutes last night. My dad interrupted my schedule by calling me. :) Anyway I did still run and it felt good. I'm still not feeling all that great so my plan today is to run 35 minutes (get in a good couple of miles), drink a ton of water and tea (like 100 oz), and sleep. This week is going to be a little tough food wise. Each year our town a neighboring town have a competition, who can collect the most food/money donations for our local food bank. Everyone gets involved. Mcdonalds, subway, and dominos all put aside one night each and proceeds from that particular night go to the school. So of course we have to participate :)

W 100 oz of fluids!
E 35 minutes
E try to stick to 1400 cals. No Halloween candy
D sleep. take care of myself.

mothermavis
11-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Hey all, exhausted so just checking i for a sec

W Got it, all 100
E 10.974 steps
E OP, stuck to it even when we went to dinner
D All good!

susan1975
11-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Just wanted to say that I am very impressed with how much water everyone drinks. I am going to have to really try to get more water in everyday.

jcatron243
11-06-2013, 05:52 AM
I was able to get in all of my water yesterday! I didn't get any treadmill time, I ended up sleeping most of the day. But, I did get a really nice forty minute walk in with DH. Its really good to have some alone time.

W 64 oz
E going to try and run a mile after work. I'm not sure if I will get it in though
E 1400 cals. watch the cals tonight
D take care of myself. Enjoy my day. Let myself continue to be happy

aschooley29
11-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Hello ladies!! Glad to read that everyone is doing well. I agree with susan1975,you ladies drink a lot of water, good for you.

Weekly goal:

W: 80 oz (I am really going to try)
E: 30 mins on bowflex three times
D: Do something to make someone else happy!!

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-06-2013, 09:23 PM
I find that if I get less than 100oz of water especially on higher sodium days I get stagnant with weight loss. I can some days get by with only 80oz but not for too many days in a row.

Mother Mavis: I am not sure if I like the yoga dvd or not. I think I will eventually like it but I like a class better at a studio. Time constraints will not let that happen for a bit though.

mothermavis
11-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Hey all!

Carma, yoga has always interested me. We used to have an exercise channel on tv, wish it was still there!

Jeni, glad you had time with Hubby!

Aschooley, had to go back and re-read your post, I thought you were doing three 30 minute bow flex sessions today!

Susan, we sure do!

W 100oz yup, and will do it again tomorrow
E 14664 steps today! Did W6D1 of C25k this am before work, hoping starting the day on target will help me stay there!
E Had a great on plan day, cookies are calling my name right now, but I am resisting!
D Those cookies will not look good on me!

mothermavis
11-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning all!

W 100 oz
E 10k steps again, light weights tonight
E Planning for another on plan day! Yesterday, I resisted both the candy dish at work and the cookies when I got home!
D I am worth it, it gets easier as you stick to it!

mtiger
11-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Gym Tues and Wed with hubbie. Down a couple pounds. YAY!! 184.6 Looks like I hit the gym again tonight.

Nixmom
11-07-2013, 09:57 PM
:hug: to you all.

I am fighting the tail end of the stomach bug that has reeked havoc in my home since last Friday. Spent all day trying to figure out which end to put on the toity. Not a happy girl today.

Miss being here. Gonna spend one more day down to be sure this $*** is done. So tired, but had to pop in.

Be good to yourselves. WASH YOUR HANDS!

mtiger
11-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Kris- Sorry for your pain!!

Got to the gym again. Down a bit more today...183.6. Back to where my weight had been but still way up from spring. Something good is happening though so I must stick with it.

jcatron243
11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Sorry you are sick Kris.

Mindy Keep doing what you are doing.

MM~great job avoiding the treats!

Me? Still fighting this cold. I got really bad last night. I am going to take some cough stuff after the kids get home (early dismissal day). And I am going to drink green tea all day long!

Nixmom
11-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Mornin' Weedies.

Thanks for the thoughts! Feeling much better today. Still get a funny heat wave (mini fever) here and there, but slept SOLID last night for the first time in months. I know it was because I was so worn out and dehydrated the two days before, but it was amazing.

Carma - I will be MFPing again starting tomorrow. Got off track, and my weight loss really slowed down. I guess I know what works!

Mavie - Look at you and all those steps! That's awesome. I'm having a motivational moment day (see below) so I'm gonna get back to it.

Jcat - Ahh. A sleep day and a walk. Sounds perfect. I need to get back to getting out in the open air. It's time. Glad you are finding some time for just you and DH. Hope you feel better very soon! By the way, we are taking the kids to Disneyland next weekend and stay at the D-Land Hotel. They all traded getting birthday gifts to on the over nighter. Should be fun!

Tiggie - what's up you little love bug! Burning extra calories "that way" is awesome, but I have lost my mojo. I know my weight and my job are ruining me. I have to turn it around. I do have a hubby who adores me, and I need to let him know I appreciate that. I have a caught a glimpse of myself in my eternal pajama wearing state over the last 3 days and wonder why he he hasn't run from the house screaming. I need to sexy it back up (or at least remove the mascara at night so I dont look like such a heroin addict when i get up in the morning. :) Congrats on the downscale slide! You are kicking back in!

aschooley - how goes the bowflex? That is one piece of equipment that I have never owned but has always intriqued me. You use you own body weight as resistance in most cases, right?

Motivational Moment-
Well - we heard Thursday that the offer we have had in on a house has FINALLY been accepted by both the 1st and 2nd mtg holders of the seller. We may be signing as soon as next Friday, which would put keys in our hands on or before the 1st of the year. Fingers crossed, but suddenly feeling unready! :dizzy: after waiting in misery for 5 months, I'm kinda freaked out about the packing and cleaning and painting and, and, and.... So, I started poking around my closet this morning and found 2 boxes of clothes that I had placed away and marked MARCH 2013 back in January. I weighed 207 then and figured I would be in those clothes in 2 months. I now weigh 219. WTH? So I could essentially change the 3 in 2013 to a 4 at this point. I have to get with it.

I have also been spending WAY too much time pining over rescuing ANOTHER dog while my perfectly good overweight dog lays here looking at me longing to go for a walk. I have come to the conclusion, that a second dog will not motivate, but will probably just add new stress to what looks to be a potentially busy holiday season. So as much as I want to, I am holding off on pet number 2. This makes me sad, because there more than enough dogs deserving a second chance right now. Don't worry little pups, I will be back!

Lastly, I need to let myself relax. I have to learn to enjoy, and let go of control. I am sooo bad at this. You have heard me say it over and over, I'm a planner. A spreadsheet queen. A "just in case" girl. I have to just do it. Just step outside the front door with the dog on a leash. Just leave my work on my desk and come back to it tomorrow, not drag it home (10 to 12 hours a day is enough!) I need to quit "offering advice" to my staff, my son, my husband. I need to let life play out, AND ENJOY IT. I want to be fun again. I want this house thing to be exciting, not work. I have worked since I was 11 dreaming of a house like this. Why is it so scary that its finally in my grasp?

Okay, so checking in with myself now Down 7.4 lbs since returning from vacation, so 4 weeks. Not to shabby, just gotta regain my focus. Going for another 7 by end of November. With you all here, I know its possible!

WEED for the Week
E: 8000 Steps - Put that dog on a leash 3 x this week!
E: MFP 1600 cal - Daily - Prep 3 meals
D: Enjoy it. Learn from it. Let it lead you.

Nixmom
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
:oSorryfor the monster post :o didnt realize I got crazy!

Grazer
11-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

Remember me? Trying to get back on the board but I keep getting a message saying I've been banned for spamming. Huh?

Grazer
11-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Okay, so I can post today. Interesting. Just can't add a ticker. Gotta figure this out

mothermavis
11-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Grazer, absolutely remember you, welcome home!

Kris, love the monster post!

Just walked in from a 2 hr trip north to see YS at school, wonderful day, but gotta get some stuff done! Later!

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Kris: Glad your over the stomach flu. I hate the stomach flu. MFP will definitely keep you on track but you must track it all. The few days I have strayed and not tracked I have totally regretted.

Mother: I really need to get a pedometer. Great job on the 10000 steps. Are you still doing C25K? Still not getting focused enough on the yoga. It does fascinate me.

mtiger: woo hoo on the scale.

Jcat: feel better soon

Aschooley: Good for you on the bowflex.

Grazer & Susan: :wave:

I hit a wall at the end of the week. Thursday was high stress day, Friday just got lazy and didn't get enough exercise in. Today was my son's family b-day party so I spent a lot of time getting stuff ready for it. Sadly I didn't spend enough time exercising. I want onderland so badly and then keep sabotaging myself. Frustrating.
Weed for the week:
E: 500minutes total this week is the goal. C25k 3 times. Walking 4 days. Piloxing 1 hr class 1x. Yoga and strength training at least 3 times each.
E: must get food under control.
D: why must I keep sabotaging myself??I have to do better.

LaurieDawn
11-10-2013, 05:59 PM
I love WEED! Or at least the version of it on here. I understand that the other kind gives you the munchies.

I am hoping that I can jump in. The board is kind of quiet in general (pre-New Year Resolutions kind of quiet), and I would love to join a motivated group.

By way of intro, I have been on 3FC on and off since 2009, I believe. My first major weight loss effort, I lost from about 250 to about 165. And then slowly gained it all back, plus a heap more when I went to law school and went through a divorce, etc. I started again in earnest at 271 in May 2012 when I was studying for the bar. The exercise was an amazing de-stresser when I really needed it. I dropped down to 203 by January 2013. And I have slowly gained since then. I am actually pretty happy about being at 232 and deciding to get back on it. It feels like an easier place to start than 250 or 272. And it seems like I'm learning to maintain, which is really the ultimate challenge.

W - 120 oz. daily

E - Today's goal: 30-minute walk. Tomorrow's goal - Day 1 of whatever weight lifting program I decide to do.

E - Had pancakes for breakfast. Oops. Today's goal - Low cal the rest of the day. Tomorrow's goal - Stay on plan, but stay away from sugar completely.

D - Today - Decide on a weight lifting program and institute my new organizational system for work. Tomorrow's goal - Consistently use the new work organizational system.

Nixmom
11-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Welcome LaurieDawn! This is a great group of chicks and MANY of us have been around playing tag with our scales. Good for you for getting back here! Look forward to getting to know you!

So went to bed a late last night (11:00). Woke up at midnight, was in the friggin bathroom AGAIN for the next 4 hours, no less that 15 trips. Back to bed at 4:00am. Up again at 6:00. I'm so done. Thank goodness tomorrow is a holiday because I need to sleep all day.

So before I go, wanted to send out a thank you to any of your and your loved ones that serve(d) our country protecting our rights, our freedom of choice, and our safety as a nation. I have the utmost respect for our men and women in the military. Please hug your people an extra time from me tomorrow! Happy Veteran's Day ladies!

aschooley29
11-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Mornin' Weedies.

Thanks for the thoughts! Feeling much better today. Still get a funny heat wave (mini fever) here and there, but slept SOLID last night for the first time in months. I know it was because I was so worn out and dehydrated the two days before, but it was amazing.

Carma - I will be MFPing again starting tomorrow. Got off track, and my weight loss really slowed down. I guess I know what works!

Mavie - Look at you and all those steps! That's awesome. I'm having a motivational moment day (see below) so I'm gonna get back to it.

Jcat - Ahh. A sleep day and a walk. Sounds perfect. I need to get back to getting out in the open air. It's time. Glad you are finding some time for just you and DH. Hope you feel better very soon! By the way, we are taking the kids to Disneyland next weekend and stay at the D-Land Hotel. They all traded getting birthday gifts to on the over nighter. Should be fun!

Tiggie - what's up you little love bug! Burning extra calories "that way" is awesome, but I have lost my mojo. I know my weight and my job are ruining me. I have to turn it around. I do have a hubby who adores me, and I need to let him know I appreciate that. I have a caught a glimpse of myself in my eternal pajama wearing state over the last 3 days and wonder why he he hasn't run from the house screaming. I need to sexy it back up (or at least remove the mascara at night so I dont look like such a heroin addict when i get up in the morning. :) Congrats on the downscale slide! You are kicking back in!

aschooley - how goes the bowflex? That is one piece of equipment that I have never owned but has always intriqued me. You use you own body weight as resistance in most cases, right?

Motivational Moment-
Well - we heard Thursday that the offer we have had in on a house has FINALLY been accepted by both the 1st and 2nd mtg holders of the seller. We may be signing as soon as next Friday, which would put keys in our hands on or before the 1st of the year. Fingers crossed, but suddenly feeling unready! :dizzy: after waiting in misery for 5 months, I'm kinda freaked out about the packing and cleaning and painting and, and, and.... So, I started poking around my closet this morning and found 2 boxes of clothes that I had placed away and marked MARCH 2013 back in January. I weighed 207 then and figured I would be in those clothes in 2 months. I now weigh 219. WTH? So I could essentially change the 3 in 2013 to a 4 at this point. I have to get with it.

I have also been spending WAY too much time pining over rescuing ANOTHER dog while my perfectly good overweight dog lays here looking at me longing to go for a walk. I have come to the conclusion, that a second dog will not motivate, but will probably just add new stress to what looks to be a potentially busy holiday season. So as much as I want to, I am holding off on pet number 2. This makes me sad, because there more than enough dogs deserving a second chance right now. Don't worry little pups, I will be back!

Lastly, I need to let myself relax. I have to learn to enjoy, and let go of control. I am sooo bad at this. You have heard me say it over and over, I'm a planner. A spreadsheet queen. A "just in case" girl. I have to just do it. Just step outside the front door with the dog on a leash. Just leave my work on my desk and come back to it tomorrow, not drag it home (10 to 12 hours a day is enough!) I need to quit "offering advice" to my staff, my son, my husband. I need to let life play out, AND ENJOY IT. I want to be fun again. I want this house thing to be exciting, not work. I have worked since I was 11 dreaming of a house like this. Why is it so scary that its finally in my grasp?

Okay, so checking in with myself now Down 7.4 lbs since returning from vacation, so 4 weeks. Not to shabby, just gotta regain my focus. Going for another 7 by end of November. With you all here, I know its possible!

WEED for the Week
E: 8000 Steps - Put that dog on a leash 3 x this week!
E: MFP 1600 cal - Daily - Prep 3 meals
D: Enjoy it. Learn from it. Let it lead you.

Congrats on buying the house...I know it can be frustrating dealing with mortgage companies. I gave up on the boxes of "skinny" clothes during my last move. I donated them. I figured that I can just but new if I ever lost the weight. Hopefully it will happen this time!! I have thought about buying one dream outfit in the size I want to be, hang it where I can see it for a little motivation.

I have the bowflex treadclimber. It is the one where you can do a treadmill, stair stepper, or elliptical. Or all three at the same time. I am not in good enough shape to do anything but the treadmill. But I am working on it.

I weighed in this morning. I lost 3 lbs this week for a total of 13 lbs. :carrot:

Weekly goal:

W: 80 oz everyday ...(I know I can do it)
E: Bowflex 3 times, yoga 3 times
D: lose 20lbs by Thanksgiving (13 down...7 to go)

mtiger
11-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Just popping in real quick to say hi. I took the day off because hubbie had it off. We hit the gym this morning and did a few things around here, Kris-;);). Now we are going to do some shopping.

I will check in better later.

AnnieDrews
11-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Hello everyone! I think I may join up with your group. Hereís me in a nutshell:

Iím a 51-year-old mother and wife. I work in healthcare. I joined 3FC back in 2010, when I decided I didnít want to get any heavier than I was at that time. I weighed 191 pounds and saw that big 200 not too far in my future. I had been 230 at my heaviest in the past and I did not want to get even close to that ever again. I started by counting calories and stuck to around 1300-1400/day, watched my fats, increased fiber, drank a lot of water. I had never been one to work out or exercise in any capacity. I had a hard time finding something that I enjoyed and could stick with. I have been doing Leslie Sansone walking DVDs in my home since then. My original goal weight was 140Ö.I reached 150 and then Christmas came. Ever since that point I had struggled with 4-6 pounds on and off.

It wasnít until this year that I got above 156 and stayed there. Having begun menopause within the last year or so, I feel it has been harder for me to lose although I donít want to make any excuses for myself. For several reasons that I can see, I have backed off on my exercise. Weight loss or no, exercise is very important as I have arthritis issues and moving and losing weight greatly improved that.

So. Here I am. Last week, I bought jeans in a size up from where I have been for 3+ years. Iím finding it harder and harder to say no to foods that I had easily made to be occasional choices for myself. I donít feel as good as I did being at 150 and exercising a minimum of 5 days/week.

mothermavis
11-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Welcome LaurieDawn and AnnieD! :carrot:

Mindy, yay for days off, I took it too!

Carma, I sure am still on C25K, finished week 6 this am, took a few extra days because my back has been tweaked, but I finished. Now, onto week 7!!

Kris, sorry you are still battling that!

W 100
E Got the c25k and crunches in
E OP so far, stick with it
D Do what it takes to put yourself first

AnnieDrews
11-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Just going to post this until I can get a system going.

Water: Est. 75-80 oz. today

Exercise: None today, but that's fixin' to change.

Eats: I've done well today except for about 15 pieces of candy corn.

Daily goal: Today I met my goal by doing something proactive to get myself back on track. I joined this group. :carrot:

jcatron243
11-11-2013, 09:05 PM
just a quick fly by ladies.

No matter how much rest I get, how many fluids, I am still completely sick. I seem to be dehydrated, but I am drinking 80 oz of water plus at least two 16 ounce cups of green tea everyday, but I am still showing signs of dehydration. No fever thank goodness, but I cant seem to get the energy to do anything. I cant breath so no working out. :( last time I was like this it lasted 36 days! I am on day 10 now. If I get to day 15 I am going to the doctor.

I have Tommy's conference after work tomorrow, then cooking class (DH and my walk time). I am pretty sure his conference will go well. I am going to talk to the teacher about how many of the third graders are picking on him. He is in second grade, but he is bigger than most of the kids (4'8 1/2" 86 pounds) he is smart, funny, and very sensitive. I don't really know what is going on, but I do need to get to the bottom of it. Makenna's conference will be normal.....she is smart but talks to much....she needs to not be so sensitive when she gets the answer wrong......she needs to try harder before she asks for help. Her teacher was my husbands, and my fifth grade teacher.

Kris~I really would love to do a weekend trip to Disneyland. But we will be heading back in March.

mothermavis
11-12-2013, 06:11 AM
w 100
e stairs at work, walk at lunch and crunches, 10k steps
e op
d stay out of the dark place. Work on getting a system to get caught up at work!

Jeni, feel better and good luck with the conferences!

Annie, love your "D" and you are absolutely right!

Happy Tuesday all!

mtiger
11-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Day off with hubbie was nice. Did a few things and relaxed. Did 45 min. on the treadmill at the gym. Gained about a pound. 184.8. YUCK!! Don't get it sometimes. I have even gone back to tracking my food. The program says I was well under my calories for the day. What gives??

AnnieDrews
11-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Hello everyone! I got to bed and asleep early last night. That is another goal I would like to meet....regularly getting more sleep than I have been getting. I just need to start the shutdown process an hour or so sooner than I'm use to. Will shoot for that tonight.

W: 75oz. so far today.
Exercise: 1 mile aerobic walking (Leslie Sansone)
E: So far, so good, on plan.
D: That get to bed early thing...;)

Had an issue with one of my sons this morning (he's 17) and I am working very hard not to have a chip on my shoulder about that or to make too big of a deal of it.

mtiger
11-13-2013, 07:27 AM
gym last night..yay!!! getting there pretty regularly these days. DId a variety last night. 10 min. stairmaster, 1 mile run and 15 min. on the bike. Then did some leg work and shoulders. Mixing it up. Sitting at 183.6.

have I mentioned how bad I want to be under 180??? Again.

AnnieDrews
11-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Hello everyone! MTiger, great job at the gym!

Had a doctor appt. this morning and got a late start on my water drinking! I like to get most of it in before late afternoon so I'm not running to the bathroom all evening. Resisted a brownie in the kitchen at work....that is really tough for me. Baked goods are a favorite of mine.

Water: 64 oz. so far today
Exercise: 1 mile Leslie Sansone walking DVD this morning.
Eats: On plan. I'm on my own tonight, so planning for a light supper.
Daily goal: Go to bed with the satisfaction of knowing I stayed on plan today.

**Daily goal for tomorrow will be to do a minimum of 2 miles exercise.:carrot:

jcatron243
11-13-2013, 08:35 PM
I think I am starting to feel better :)

We had some good conferences, nothing we didn't expect. Except that our school district is no longer working on spelling for the kids (second grade). as long as they can write the words how they sound, spell check will correct the problem???WTF??? Lucky for me Tommy is an excellent speller. But I am so not happy with this. I mean who needs to know how to multiply/divide/add/subtract when the calculator will do it for me??? I told the teacher how I felt to. She is nice, but this is very flawed logic, and I guess it is time for another letter to the school board.

W 100 oz
E no workouts yet
E 1400 cals
D Feel better

mothermavis
11-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Yay ladies, doing great!

W 100
E 11014 steps today (so far) finished W6D3, 20 minute run! Yay me
E OP
D Choices

AnnieDrews
11-14-2013, 09:20 AM
I think I am starting to feel better :)

We had some good conferences, nothing we didn't expect. Except that our school district is no longer working on spelling for the kids (second grade). as long as they can write the words how they sound, spell check will correct the problem???WTF??? Lucky for me Tommy is an excellent speller. But I am so not happy with this. I mean who needs to know how to multiply/divide/add/subtract when the calculator will do it for me??? I told the teacher how I felt to. She is nice, but this is very flawed logic, and I guess it is time for another letter to the school board.

W 100 oz
E no workouts yet
E 1400 cals
D Feel better

WOW. I would be very concerned as well and you are right to speak up. KEEP speaking up, too!!

AnnieDrews
11-14-2013, 09:27 AM
YAY!! Met my goal of getting in a 2 Mile WATP workout today!!:carrot:

This is a big one for me. Within the last few months, I have backed off on exercise....due to several not-very-good-reasons, one being a broke a bone in my foot. I was told I could exercise when I felt like it. Laziness being another reason. So working back up to a minimum of 2 miles and preferably 3 or 4 miles, 5 days/week minimum is what I am working on now.

Proud of myself. I never regret exercising. I regret when I don't. Some folks don't think exercise is a part of weight loss, but for me, it is vital.

Have a great day everyone!

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-14-2013, 08:16 PM
:welcome2: LaurieDawn and AnnieDrews

Mavis: I am right behind you then with C25K I finish up week 6 Saturday and week 7 starts Sunday.

jcatron: Holy crap about the spelling. Seriously? Complain for sure. My son who is in 5th grade now and I have had to put up with ridiculous math lessons while they are relearning the right way to do things informed me that in 6th grade they go back to "Old school" math. He will be all set for it though as I have showed him that from the get go.

Aschooley: congrats on the weight loss.

Mtiger: what was the sodium content for the day? As you get older your body might not process sodium that well. I know my body doesn't.

Kris: glad to hear about the house. Thank you for your veterans day hugs. My husband and I are both veterans and we went to texas road house for dinner where they let veterans eat all day for free. The kids were also on 99cent kids night so we basically paid for potato skins and a 10$ gift card we bought for a national guard member. 20 bucks was the bill and we tipped the waitress 7 dollars.

I have gotten sick. Delay on closing on my Mom's house. My MIL is in the hospital still and not doing well. All in all bad week. My exercise has gone way down but luckily my food intake has too with being sick. I have almost lost my voice. Should be a fun day with patients tomorrow. Plus I signed up for a bonus shift in critical care. Ugh.

jcatron243
11-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Carma~my daughters teacher told me they were back to the old school math too! Thank goodness. (she is in 5th)

Back to work today. :( still not feeling the greatest but better than a few days ago. I can't sleep but I am exhausted. Oh well. Nothing new there.

W 80 oz
E probably nothing, but I will try for a mile tonight
E 1400 cals
D don't dwell.

mtiger
11-15-2013, 07:33 AM
4th grade teacher checking in here. We do spelling but when writing we don't focus on it until editing. Parents get all concerned about spelling and they feel it is super important. Ideas and content are where it's at. We need kids to be deep thinkers and analyzers. Even in math kids need to know facts and operations but they need to understand concepts and application more. Enough said. Common core...it's the wave of the future.

Still 183.6 today. Good workout at the gym last night, didn't affect the scale. It has been 57 days since TOM now. I think that really makes weight loss difficult.

AnnieDrews
11-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Mtiger-Menopause for you? I believe that is one of the reasons I have put on a bit of weight and am struggling. Seems like it's all in my midsection, too.

W: On track for 64+ for the day.
E: 2 miles walking with weights!!
E: Oatmeal, fruit, raw veg, string cheese, wheat crackers, doing good so far!
G: NOT to stress out today. Busy at work and then volunteering at the football game concession stand....band parent here.

Nixmom
11-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Hello my lovelies! Guess who's in escrow! The sellers banks want escrow closed by December 20th. :carrot: I'm slightly freaked out and on cloud 9 at the same time. We aren't moving in right away because we are going to do some work first. At least I don't have to rush and pack.

I am exhausted. Have to pack for Disneyland overnighter and whet to bed. Wanted to :hug:you all quickly and tell you I'm thinking about ya! I need to survive this weekend and get back on track. Be good to yourselves!

Welcome to the Weeders AnnieDrews! You'll love these girls!

mtiger
11-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Glad it is the weekend..enough said. Hopefully getting in a little yard work before snow flies around here. Oh wait it already did last week. Well it is supposed to be nice here. Maybe we will get to the gym at least once this weekend. 183.4 today.

mothermavis
11-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Kris, closing, yay for you!!!!

Mindy, I am doing the same tomorrow, yard work and trying to get my outside decorations done before the crazy cold gets here!

W 100, missed a little today
E Did c25k w7d1, going to repeat, I had a tough time
E op mostly but I did eat two chips ahoy cookies
D good day

jcatron243
11-17-2013, 05:43 AM
Mindy~ The teacher actually told me the school district is no longer focusing on spelling because of spell check. Its crazy to me. She said if a kid doesn't pick it up after seeing it a few times they will never be good spellers. I understand your explanation, but I am a firm believer in fundamentals.

Kris I hope you are having a great time! Hurray for closing!

Annie~do you walk with dumbells or ankle weights?

YAWN! I went to a Vince Neil concert last night (aka former lead singer for Motley Crue) It was fun! bad thing=working weekend. I got in bed at 10 and up at two. I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before last too. I would call in sick, but a couple of my other co-workers were there too. Oh well its only twelve hours.

W 64 oz
E extra laps at the plant, climb some extra stairs
E 1400 cals
D stay awake!

mothermavis
11-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Ouch Jeni, that's going to be a long day!

W 100
E Yard work, house cleaning, crunches and possibly a walk or a WII game
E POP, made a big pot of soup yesterday for my weekday lunches. Buffalo chicken!
D Get some house cleaning done so I come home to a clean house!

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Well survived my bonus shift in critical care. Bad news was I slept late so was up until 2am this morning and my darling son woke me up for something completely non essential at 7am. I did complete week 6 of C25K and am moving on to C25K W7D1. Mavis I am on your tail. I just discovered there is a free run option so I am thinking about doing the free run on Monday and Thursday's. Just to increase my stamina. Plus running is such a great calorie burner. Down to 200.2 this morning. Fingers crossed for Onderland and staying there. Ugh. My kids are making me yell with no voice. Not happy.

JCat: Hope your long day went okay and try and get some sleep when your done.

Kris: Have a blast at Disney, congrats on the closing date.

Mavis: I am stealing your D. my house is a disaster and I have a ton of laundry.

mtiger: Enjoy the yard work.

WEED for this week
E: all 7 days. Minimum 45 minutes.
E: Keep the calories under 1600. No cheat days focus, focus, focus.
D: Having a party next Saturday, must clean house this week. At least an hour a day plus most of today.

mothermavis
11-17-2013, 07:01 PM
It's been a good day! Got some cleaning done.
Hubby took me to breakfast and then we went to the mall. I needed new sneakers because my knees were achy when running. I also got a gorgeous pair of italian leather boots (high) and a pair of bootie shoes. Was a shoe day!

Then came home and re-ran W7 day1!

jcatron243
11-18-2013, 05:55 AM
I made it through yesterday!

I did peak at my scale, because of my cold I haven't been working out (and DH has been stopping for dinner) and I haven't gained much so that is a plus. My official W/I day isn't until Friday so I am keeping my fingers crossed)

Today?
W 80 oz
E get on the treadmill while mak is at basketball practice
E 1400 cals
D good attitude, only 1 more day till my stupidvisors vacation!

mtiger
11-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Got a few flower beds cleared out before the storm rolled in. Tucked tail and ran into the house. Pretty hefty winds and a ton of rain, but nothing like other place saw. Praise God!!

183.4 ...still.

AnnieDrews
11-18-2013, 11:56 AM
MTiger, glad the worst of the weather passed you by!

Did not exercise at all this weekend and had a pretty bad 24 hrs, foodwise from Friday evening until Sat. evening. Did pretty well yesterday.

W: 40 oz. so far today
E: One mile walking.
E: I realize I am going to have to buckle down and officially count calories for a while. I've been estimating and I don't think that is a smart way to keep track, at least for now as I am trying to lose.
D: Daily goal is my weekly goal this week. I am working on getting in a daily workout, at least M-F, and not skipping because I didn't sleep well, get to bed early enough, or any of the other excuses I've been using. For the rest of the week, I want to do a minimum of 2 miles daily with a couple of 3 miles in there somewhere.

JCatron-I use 1 & 2 pound soft hand weights when walking. Sometimes combined to 3 pounds. On the Leslie Sansone DVDs, she recommends not going over 3 pounds while walking for safety reasons.s

aschooley29
11-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Lost 2 lbs this week...very happy about that. My friend convinced me to join her in doing the burpee 30 day challenge. I did not even know what a burpee was. Now I know and I am hurting :)

W: 80 oz (I have not made it yet but I will keep trying)
E: alternating yoga and bowflex 30 min/day...and 30 burpees/day
D: Come to terms with the fact this is a lifestyle change not a diet. I will never be able to go back to my old habits if I want to keep the weight off.

mtiger
11-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Annoyed as H*** today. Gym on Sun and Mon. Lots of water and I gain weight today???? Slap me silly, I was furious with the scale this morning. How hard can it be to get under 180...for real??!! 184.6 BLAH BLAH

AnnieDrews
11-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Annoyed as H*** today. Gym on Sun and Mon. Lots of water and I gain weight today???? Slap me silly, I was furious with the scale this morning. How hard can it be to get under 180...for real??!! 184.6 BLAH BLAH

Mindy, hang in there! Even though we know how fickle the scale can be for us women....it is so frustrating when it doesn't reflect all of your hard work. Just breathe give it a few days.

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-19-2013, 09:25 PM
aschooley: There is a burpee challenge. Crap. I just checked out the 30 day challenge and there is a paid app. Several different challenges to try out. There is a little black dress challenge. Wish I had known about it prior to my husbands work party coming up in December.

AnnieDrews
11-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone! Had a pretty good day, but had an off-plan meal tonight. I had a 2.5 pound roll of sausage that I needed to cook or throw out soon. So I cooked it as patties and froze most of it, but fixed pancakes to go with the rest. So I had 2 pancakes (not huge, but not tiny) with butter and syrup and 2 sausage patties. Not bad for a rare treat, but also not a usual supper for me.

W: Got in about 70 oz. today
E: 2 Miles with 2# weights part of the walk.
E: Except for the pancake supper, I did very well. All whoe grains, fruit and veg.
D:Met my goal of for exercise.

jcatron243
11-20-2013, 05:54 AM
Hi all!

Just a quick fly by...Yesterday I spent on the couch (yet again). This illness has got to be almost over! I feel mostly better but had a horrible headache yesterday. I did get in a walk with DH while the kids were in cooking class. So it wasn't all bad. Food was great, water was OK.

today
W 64 oz
E probably nothing
E 1400 cals
D be happy.

jcatron243
11-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Hi everyone!

Another work day. It should be better than yesterday though. I even think I feel better!

Official w/I day is tomorrow. I know I haven't lost much this month, but as long as I maintain I will be happy. (I haven't been off the couch on my days off most of the month!) Crappy thing is that I chose to w/I once a month officially because I wanted my official day to be in the same day as my cycle (since my weight bounces so much) Well that didn't work out too well. Between the stress of the past few months and the weight loss my cycle dates have changed drastically.

W 64 oz
E not much today
E 1400 cals
D be positive.

mtiger
11-21-2013, 07:31 AM
So today we go have Thanksgiving dinner with my MIL at her "home", Must behave. Haven't been to the gym in days now. Hopefully tomorrow. Hubbie talked me into putting up Christmas lights last night instead.

AnnieDrews
11-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Doing well today. Really focusing on the goal of exercising each day this week, M-F. Couldn't get to sleep and was tempted to stay in bed this morning. Got up with barely enough time, but did a 1 mile walk with weights. Next week, I am going to concentrate on working back up to 3 miles, at least a couple days/week.

jcatron243
11-22-2013, 10:06 AM
down .4 pounds this month.

So I will push myself hard to get down another 5 by Christmas. I will work out. I will eat no carbs at night! and I will get in all my water!

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes on the treadmill
E 1400 cals
D enjoy my day off!

mothermavis
11-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Morning all. Not a good week for me. Had class and being stuck in there by myself (distance learning) led to extremely long days and then to eating badly and sleeping badly and so on! Today is a new day. No more self sabotage.

It's 8 am here, bathroom is mopped, laundry is going and I am taking a minute to plan my day. I seem to do better when I write it down, so I am going to continue to blog, perhaps every day, even if I am the only one who reads it.

Thank the Lord this week is done, but there is only me to blame and if I can't change my habits, all the diets in the world won't help.

W 100, so far only coffee. Will need to drink 2 big glasses of water before I make another cup
E Running today, lifting today and putting the rest of the outside lights up.
E POP, no empty carbs, sugar detox, lots of fresh veggies and maybe a pot of soup!
D Starting over to make a new ending.

mtiger
11-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Got to the gym yesterday..hot, sweaty mess. No loss. Then this morning it appears TOM is arriving after 66 days. OMG!!

MM- Get right back on track girl. You know you will.

soon2beskinnyCarma
11-25-2013, 10:38 PM
No time for personals today. I will be off radar for a few days. My eyes are way too puffy and red to read a lot. While at work today I heard a rapid response called over head to my MIL room. Called the floor to confirm to be told she was bleeding out. I called my husband and stressed he needed to get to the hospital ASAP. I couldn't leave my patients exercising as I was the only nurse today in the exercise lab. Then I get a call from the nurse who runs my old floor that I fill in and am told that the doctor wants to speak to me. She tells me I need to get over there. My friend came over to cover for me and I get there in time to have my MIL apologize to me for the fact that she will be dying soon and to tell me that I have been a good DIL. They got her stabilized she bled out 4L of bloody urine/clots. She is in critical care being watched over by my co-workers on medication known as a vasopressor(this basically pumps the blood from your extremities to your heart, brain and lungs.) We are hoping to get her transferred home on hospice tomorrow. I had to bring two kids into the CCU. Normally have to be 14, it pays to have friends in high places. I also had to be the one to inform the whole family of the fact that her cancer has apparently spread. Hate being the only nurse in the family. Trying not to stress eat. Will catch up with you in a few days.

jcatron243
11-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Carma, I'm sorry. I will be thinking of you.

aschooley29
11-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Carma, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

mothermavis
11-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Oh Carma, I am so sorry! Hugs!!

jcatron243
11-27-2013, 10:54 AM
W 100 oz
E 30 minute run!
E 1400 cals
D be prepared for anything!

mothermavis
11-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday! I ran my 5k with my son, he 22 minutes, me 44 minutes! LOL Longer than I wanted, but my knee was killing me that last mile, so I was glad to finish!

W 100
E Did a little lifting today, gotta get back there
E OP
D Peace in my head

mothermavis
11-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Carma, thinking of you.

Kris, where the heck are you? I see you on FB, so suck it up, buttercup, I need you to lean on!

Jeni, hope all is well

Aschooley, Anniedrews, Mindy, hope all is well! Miss ya'll!

W 100, on my 2nd bottle right now
E Just ran. 5 min walk, 10 minute run, 1 minute walk, 5 minute run. Wanted to be careful because my knee was killing me after 2 miles of the 5k, but I'm good. Also did D1 of a 30 day squat challenge (on my blog if anyone is interested)
E OP, going to Denny's with hubby and ys, so need to stay op there. After that, it's all my cooking, so should be fine.
D I keep telling myself I'm worth it, someday, I'll believe!

mothermavis
12-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Sunday, back to work tomorrow and YS leaves to go back to college today. Boo! Ah well, that's just life.

W 100 did good yesterday
E already finished D2 of the squat challenge, walk or jog or wii later
E POP
D Wear my pedometer all week, get to 10k steps each day

Nixmom
12-01-2013, 10:19 AM
I have been running like crazy the last couple of weeks girls. Sorry for the absence :o. Between the house, new boss, holiday (3 stops), extra long kid weekend, and getting a second dog ( mastiff Weimaraner mix) I've been a little distracted.

I have gained a few pounds too. However, I am going to take advantage of the new month, a new dog, the weird decent weather here, and get my but out walking. Also gonna be fitness palling and wearing my body media fit. I cannot believe it's stinking December.

I have so much to catch up on here, but wanted to send a special hug to Ms. Carma. You are a strong wonderful lady. You're in my prayers. :hug:

Mavie, Tiggie, JCat, Annie and Aschooley... You girls rock it! I'll check in with my head on straight tonight. Gonna follow Mavie's lead and go write out my day.

aschooley29
12-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi ladies,

Nixmom- how big is the puppy supposed to get?
Mothermavis- great job on the 5K

I did not do good on Thanksgiving (ate a bunch of things I should not have) Had a great time with my parents. I also got to spend the week with my son (he came home from school). I will find out tomorrow how my Thanksgiving day indiscretion affected the scale!!

W: 80 oz (still have not made this goal)
E: yoga/ bowflex every other day
D: get to 30 lbs lost by Christmas!!

mothermavis
12-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Welcome back Kris!
Aschooley, Thanksgiving is over, don't beat yourself up, just move forward!

W 100
E Just did D3 of the Squat challenge, running on the dreadmill tonight
Pedometer
E POP, just what's in my lunch box
D Cyber Monday, ahead on shopping?

mtiger
12-02-2013, 07:01 PM
MM- Good job on the run!!! Keep moving it girl.

Kris- So you went and did it huh?? I'm sure he will be a great addition to the family.

Carma- yikes!! So sorry to hear that.

Well After a 66 day hiatus TOM hit with a vengence. Holy smokes!! It has been a full week and fin ally winding down. I guess the upside is I have stayed at 185.8 for the whole week. Now that TOM has moved on maybe I can drop a few.

jcatron243
12-02-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm here!! I swear!

so I lost 5.81% for my weight loss competition at work. (exactly 10 pounds) I don't know where I came in, but I know I am ahead of at least 3 of us. (not sure how many of us there). But I am happy that I have lost anything!

Thanksgiving went pretty well, I didn't over eat (but I did have plenty of wine :)) I am feeling really thankful for my husband lately. I am glad that we have been able to work on our marriage and work on rebuilding the trust in our relationship. I have a friend who is going through something similar to what I went through, but they just cant seem to work it out. I know how she feels, her wounds are so fresh, I am so sad for her because neither one seems to be really willing to work it out. (or maybe the just don't have the tools.) I am there for her as best as I can be.

I'm feeling so much better, and I plan on getting in a good run tomorrow.

W only 32 oz so far
E extra stairs at work
E 1400 cals
D stay up until ten to visit with my hubby (its hard when you get up at 2)

soon2beskinnyCarma
12-02-2013, 11:33 PM
grrr I just spent a half an hour posting a reply and it got eaten.

Quick personals and then I will fill you all in.
Jcat: so glad that you are working things out with your husband. Woo hoo on the weight loss.
Mavis: congrats on the 5K. Your a rock star.
Kris: hope your settling in with the new house, new dog and all the hectic life is starting to settle down.
Mtiger: fingers crossed for good scale in the am.
Aschooley: forgive yourself for thanksgiving and move on. Good luck on moving towards your 30lb goal. I will be happy if I get my 50lb goal back and ecstatic if I hit 55lbs.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

As for me it will be a week tomorrow night since we got my MIL home on hospice. The nurse thinks it won't be more than a week. Pain is increasing so meds are increasing too. I am spending the night tonight. We are all taking turns. My FIL seems lost and not quite able to grasp it all so we have yet to leave him home on his own. I can't imagine being married for 50 yrs. only to watch the love of your life die.
I have gained 5lbs back. So not going so well with eating. Plus side for me I seem to have moved from stress eating to stress shopping. Now if I can stop buying stuff for me and move onto Christmas presents I will be all set. We closed on my Mom's house so a bit of the financial stress is alleviating. Now I need to just get her taxes done and her estate will be all settled.
I need to get exercise in. I haven't exercised in 8 days now. Ugh.

Weed for week.
W: Need to get back to 100 oz. Back off the coffee and soda
E: Try to get 30 minutes a day in.
E: Must get back to calorie counting.
D: I need to learn to control myself when the stress level is up and to stress exercise not stress eat.

mothermavis
12-03-2013, 06:05 AM
Carma, hugs to you. It's so hard.

Jeni, Glad things are good, and 10 pounds, go you!!!

Mindy, ugh. I feel your pain!

W 100
E Run tonight, it's rest day for the squat challenge
E POP
D Keep moving forward

mtiger
12-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Got in a workout last night....this morning .....nothing.

mothermavis
12-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Good morning!

W 100
E Got my squats in, day 5! Walk at lunch, keep forgetting the pedometer, try to remember! Treadmill tonight, at least 2 miles
E POP
D One choice at a time

aschooley29
12-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Have not exercised regularly this week. I did Yoga today, hope that encourages me to keep going. I did find a Zumba class in the neighboring town. I am going to try and go once a week ( too far to go more often). Hope everyone is doing well!!

W: 60 oz
E: at least 30 min a day of something
E: stay op plan
D: do 2 art/cooking projects with my kids this week :)

mothermavis
12-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Aschooley, Yoga and zumba, both sound fun!

w 100
e just did day 6 of the squat challenge. Treadmill again tonight
e OP, yesterday I had 2 of the cran brr ritas. :devil: none today!
d choices!

mtiger
12-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Gym 3 nights in a row. Trying to alternate...one night a lot of cardio, next night weights. Hey I lost a pound. Whoopee. 184.6

jcatron243
12-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Hurray for that stubborn pound Mindy!

Well I won the competition with my 10 pounds. The next highest loss was 8.6. Hurray!!! I won $140 (but I only have 115 of it so far :) ) That will pay off my Kuerig I final decided to buy!

I worked overtime on Tuesday so I didn't run, but I am going to get in at least 35 minutes tomorrow!!! We have a Christmas party tomorrow night (Will's work, and I am nervous) and then shopping on Saturday (I hope!!)

Not much WEED today.

mtiger
12-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Wow!! Nice winnings. Good for you.

Well same weight today..did cardio kickboxing at home last night. Better hit the gym again today.

mothermavis
12-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Yay Jeni for winning the contest and yay Mindy for a pound down!!

W 100
e day 7 of the squat challenge, in the books
e pop, off kilter yesterday and the scale shows it
d change your habits, its not a diet

jcatron243
12-06-2013, 04:20 PM
WELLL! No workout today (again) I was looking for something in Makenna's closet which turned into an all out cleaning of her bedroom. Then grocery shopping, NOW I have to clean Tommy's room to make it even! I swear KIDS!

mtiger
12-11-2013, 07:21 AM
With this busy time of year upon us I am trying to commit myself to at least 3 nights at the gym. It is difficult with so much to do.....decorate, shop, cook, etc. And then there is the food. YIKES!!! Not everyone is trying to lose weight and they like goodies. This is a difficult time of year.

Hey...on a good note my team won the Big Ten Conferece game against Ohio State and we are going to the Rose Bowl. YAY!!! GO GREEN!!!

Nixmom
12-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Hi girls. Checking in. Still alive but losing steam. House closing early. New boss is a challenge, and I'm not getting enough sleep, quiet, down time, exercise, water.... Fill in the blank.

I'll be back here wholehearted shortly. Time to check the back of my eyelids for holes. Miss you all. Take care of each other.

mtiger
12-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Kris- Got a laugh when I read the eyelid thing. My husband just said that last night..it's one of his favorite sayings. FUNNY!!

No gym last night. Shopped for food for our first Christmas gathering. His children are coming over Sat. so lots to do. And the food...aye aye aye. Thanks Pinterest for putting me in a tough spot. Everything will be yummy and I shouldnt eat it. Will try to keep it down.

jcatron243
12-13-2013, 05:37 AM
HI everyone.

It's been a while since I checked in. I'm doing ok food wise, but I haven't gotten back on the workout train. I don't know what is holding me back, just the case of the busy's I guess.

W 64 oz (workdy)
E extra stairs at work
E 1400 cals no carbs tonight
D no wine on worknights!

mothermavis
12-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Happy Friday. One child will be home for the night this weekend, but then he is going to Disney for a few days before Christmas! :carrot: Have to wait for January for his brother. :)

W 100
E Did 11th day of squat challenge, ran last night
E Better choices, Christmas treats all over the office
D Going to finish my shopping this weekend

Nixmom
12-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Morning ladies,

Mavie - how exciting to have one of your man cubs home for the night. I can see you smiling from here! Which Disney, Cali or Florida? And squat challenge...

Tiggie- Pinterest is the devil on so many levels. My husband being the cook, is KILLING ME with the darn recipes he keeps posting. Henot a sweets guy, so it's all meat and taters. Good luck with the yummy. Enjoy your company and let them enjoy the treats!

JCat - I absolutely understand the busies. I am really struggling with how out of control I feel at the moment. The fact the you are on with food is awesome. The exercise will come again. At least hold the nutrition piece through the holidays and you'll find your stride.

Aschooley- love your art/cooking D. I desperately miss getting to be creative. I am going to make some time to do something creative this weekend. My husband bought me a new camera for our anniversary (November). I haven't even opened the box yet. Gonna follow your lead and maybe try to get that thing out and catch a memory.

Carma - the new dog is awesome and is supposed to hit 90lbs according to the vet. Not as big as I expected but that's even better! I apologize for not hitting MFP as promised. I'll start today, right now.

So for me this weekend, I have a house full of kids; a destroyed house full of kids... And dogs. I bneed to find a quiet spot and get real about the work I need to do on myself today. I need to find a quiet spot and get real about the work I need to do at work.and quit letting the other things, the unimportant things, soak up my day.

WEED for the week 12/14 thru 12/20
W - 110 oz
E - 3 30 minute dog walks
E - log it. Whatever it is, get it tracked.
D - be responsible for me, not everyone else.

mothermavis
12-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Morning all, over a foot of snow. Ugh. Taking my son to the train this afternoon!

Kris, he is going to Disney in Florida!

W 100
E Day 13 of squat challenge done! 105 squats. Day 3 of my new running app done too
E POP, so far, so good
D Relax

mtiger
12-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Good time with the hubbies kids. Found out his daughter is now planning on getting married. Kind of threw my hubbie for a loop. SHe is young and still in school. We sent food home with them. Well the pumpkin bars and reeces pb trifle. The boys loved it. We also took some up to our local party store for the "girls."

Went to the gym last night..fat as ever. Here goes drum roll....186.6. Looks like it is fat pants for me today. I didn't even eat that much. Guess not getting to the gym hurts.

mothermavis
12-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Today is a rest day from my squat challenge and an off day for running. I think I shall tackle my wrapping tonight!

Hope everyone is well!

mothermavis
12-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah, I did nothing yesterday! Not even wrapping Oops.
Today, I must do a little!

w 100
e squat challenge done, run tonight
e better than yesterday, Doubt will be perfect though, too much temptation
d minimize the damage, at least drink the water

mothermavis
12-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey all!

Day 19 of my squat challenge is in the books!
Ran!
Finished my cheesecake from yesterday (one piece over 2 days)

jcatron243
12-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi ladies! I am so sorry that I haven't checked-in in a while. I have been having crazy lady days! 67 hour work week last week, Christmas shopping, (I realized last night I need two more gifts for Tommy, rats!)

I have totally lost focus on everything. I didn't realize how bad it was, until I forgot to weigh-in yesterday (even though I knew it wouldn't be a good w/I because I haven't been doing anything this month!) So I weighed in today. I gained 1.6 pounds. :( but It is my fault. I am going to be re-committing to working out and eating right, but because of the holidays, it will have to come starting the 29th (I have three dinners between now and then). I wont over eat, but I will eat.

I will commit to:
Water 80 oz today
Exercise I want to run for 30 minutes. but I do need to go get those last two gifts.
Eats. I wont over do it today!
Daily goal: stay calm Christmas is almost over! (I love giving, I am way to good at it!)

mtiger
12-27-2013, 07:41 AM
good morning ladies.

We survived the ice storm of 2013. 5 days without power, christmas for my family here..without power..it has been tons of fun. HAHA. We had a generator for heat and refrigeration..lots of eating out. You know how that goes.

Well I got a Fitbit for Christmas. It is kind of cool. It tracks all calories burned and sleep. Then you log in food ate. Now here's the thing. Calories to eat changes throughout the day. I have worn it one day and my "budget " just kept getting higher with everything I did. I hauled water, ran 2.3 miles, did weight machines, went shopping. The darn thin wanted me to eat 2,400 calories. WHAT?? I have heard that you can eat too little..but c'mon. I ate around 1700 for the day.

Let's see what today brings.

mothermavis
12-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Let me know how you like the Fitbit. Looks neat.

W 100
E today is a running and a squatting day
E OP, did good yesterday til the evening, then, not so good
D The only one you are punishing is yourself. This is your life.

Nixmom
12-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi girls. Life swallowed me up again. I'm gonna be back tonight. Kids go home this afternoon. Hubby is headed out to hunt for 3 days. I CANT FREAKIN' WAIT to have a couple of quiet nights around here.

New dog is still awesome, but definitely found his puppy energy. New house is MINE finally, but seller is renting until January 12th... so no work on it until then. New boss is, um, different; challenging but manageable. AND I got a new car :carrot: It a 2014 Dodge Durango. I spoiled myself with a brand new (not gently used) finally. We have had the kids for almost a week, and I am in overload.

Needless to say, been busy. I have the extra weight to prove it too. I do believe I will be starting my 2014 at 225 or better. :?:

Can't wait to get back here and catch up. I already have my red wine sitting on the counter waiting for the silent night!

Miss you all!

soon2beskinnyCarma
12-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Hello Ladies, Sorry I dropped off the map. My MIL passed away December 8th. Stress induced/Holiday indulged month puts me at gasp 214.8 this morning for a way in. Hope everyone's holiday month was good.
I got a fit bit for Christmas as well as an IPAD and a lovely emerald necklace from my husband.
WEED for week
E: 10000 steps each day, 10 flights of stairs on fit bit. Slowly working my way back into exercise.
E: Going to just start recording all my food in MFP or FitBit or both. Haven't recorded in like a month.
D: I need to get in the zone.

Nixmom
12-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Soon - I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. My grandmother passed on Dec 18th in 2008, my husbands grandma Dec 17 the year before. I know its stressful and I just want to send you hugs :hug: We have a fresh year ahead. We'll put that fitbit to good use.

Mavie - how was your son's Disney adventure. From a foot of snow to sunshine had to be fantastic! It has been in the 70's/80's here the last week. Little strange to wear flip flops to Christmas gatherings.

Mtiggie - I saw that baby pic! Are you a proud gramma? You survive an ice storm and get a new family member? BONUS! And your Fitbit! Looks like we will all be plugging in. I'm going to charge my bodymedia tomorrow night!

JCat - Holy Moly worker girl! You probably gained muscle running around all those hours! I hope you find a quiet moment in the upcoming week! Are your kiddos out of school?

So hubby left at 2. At 2:10 my 24 son decided WE should watch a "Best of" Saturday night live and started the DVD. At 2:13 my FIL showed up with an hours worth of questions and fixes for the computer we bought him for Christmas. Once he left, made dinner and son restarted the DVD. At 6:00 I fed dogs, son went to do laundry and I thought "YES", uninterrupted time. Got 10 minutes in and a knock at the door. FIL back, more computer challenges. I realize none of these are real problems. I am blessed. I am just wishing there was some place I could have my own time in. I need to refocus.

Marathon post... hope you are all enjoy some deep sleep right now! Looking forward to being a loser next year :D

WEED a day at a time this week.
MONDAY
W - 80oz
E - 30 Minute Walk with Dog
E - Log it. We'll get to the calorie count later
D - It's okay to say no.

jcatron243
12-30-2013, 05:36 AM
Hi ladies! So after a month of doing nothing (maybe two?) Today starts a new commitment! I am sticking with the 22nd as my official W/I day but I am really buckling down! Just under ten weeks until my Annual Disneyland trip! I would really like to lose 10-12 pounds by then. I hit my goal that I set in July, so I am going to adjust it a bit. DH wants to lose too. He doesn't have a goal in mind, just lose what he can with me over the next ten weeks.

My plan?
W~ no less than 64 oz per day!
E~ Run/walk 20 minutes on work days, cardio for 60 minutes on days off plus at least 15 minutes of light weights. If I am not hitting weights at the gym I will do squats/pushups/lunges/sit-ups at home for 15 minutes.
E~ Keep Calories at or under 1350. No carbs at night. Cut back on wine :( absolutely none on work days/nights.
D~ continue to build back my self esteem. check in here every day, even if it is just a quick one.

Today is a workday:
W 64 oz. Take my water bottle to work with me
E 20 minutes on the treadmill (Maybe DH will want to hit the gym tonight?
E 1350 cals tonight's dinner is chicken and broccoli
D~ taking the motto from work "Control the Controllable"

mothermavis
12-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Carma, so sorry about your MIL.

Kris, Welcome back!

Jeni, I think I need to borrow your eats!

If anyone wants to start a new thread for the New Year, feel free!

W 100, only have about 20 so far
E Running today, finishing my squats too
E OP
D Clean some more, working tomorrow

mtiger
12-30-2013, 10:35 AM
So much going on with everyone. Looks like we are all ready to re-commit. Whatever path you choose..good luck and let's all get healthier this year.

Fitbit- HHM. Not sure if I can really trust the thing. If I am active (which hasnt been much lately) it wants we to eat an incredible amount of calories. I have been eating a deficit of around 500 calories a day and gaining weight. Go figure. I am thinking I need to have a bigger difference than that to lose. Gonna give it a try and see what happens.

The grand baby is wonderful He is just so precious, and my husband looked so cute holding him. His son is one proud daddy. This is a new adventure...grandparents??!!

jcatron243
12-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Checking in.

W. 64 oz drank!
E. 25 minutes on the treadmill. Ran 15.
E Only 962 calories so far.

Nixmom
12-31-2013, 12:51 AM
following Jens lead and...

Checking in!

got some water down today... 40 oz? Didn't log or walk. Was a busy day for the last Monday of the year.

Found out my doggie is a American Staffordshire Terrior, Mastiff, Vizsla, Boxer mix. Quite the combo. The DNA test report is fun. Shows you the doggie family tree a bit. So the shelter wasn't too far off on their guess Weimaraner Mastiff mix. The Vizsla is an ancestor of the Weimies. Regardless, he has been a great dog so far. Kids love him. He sleeps in his crate all night, no whining or barking. Minimal accidents in the house (and they are usually my fault for not watching him when he heads for the front door). Think I got myself a gem!

Working 1/2 day tomorrow and then tuning out the world to focus on some goal setting. Looking forward to a few days off work and a kick start to "recommitment" as Mindy gently put it :)

Be good all!

mothermavis
12-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Morning all, checking in too!
Have to work today, a dear friends Dad passed this weekend and the funeral is Thursday, so I switched around for that.

We are going to dinner tonight with some other friends (fun, 2 guys DH has known since Kindergarten and their wives) we do it every year. My concession to the New Year and my weight is going to be to pass on the bread and the starchy side. I am having whatever the grilled/broiled fish special is and 2x veggies. I do not need to overeat to celebrate, no sense in giving myself a higher starting weight tomorrow. What is everyone else doing for the night?

YS is working a wedding tonight! Great way to start, isn't it!

Kris, he LOVED Disney! He and I are talking of getting me fit enough to run the Disney Marathon next year. We would fly his brother in from CO and make a week of it. There is my motivation! BAM!

I am thinking we should start a new thread for the New Year, fresh start, yada yada.

W 100 oz, working today so should be no issue
E Crunches before my shower (25/25) stairs at work to the 8th floor (maybe twice)
E OP for my goals today, will definitely have a couple glasses of wine with dinner and plan to enjoy them with no guilt!
D Brand new day and a brand new year. Living the life I imagined.

jcatron243
12-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Link to the new thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/291051-w-o-w-women-weed-new-year-challnge.html#post4907705