Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 10/4/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 10/4/2013

lisa32989
10-04-2013, 06:40 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

sonolady
10-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Good morning all! Happy TGIF!!!

Sending IP POWER

NOVAScents
10-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Morning all! Looking forward to a 100% OP day!

lisa32989
10-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Good morning all! Happy TGIF!!!

Sending IP POWER

And don't forget the :dust:

jcw1020
10-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Happy friday! :)

slownsteady
10-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Happy Friday IPers!! Take some time to reflect today -- recall why you started your IP journey, and pat yourself on the back for having taken that step. Be kind to yourself and those around you. It matters. Now go out and have a WONDERFUL day!! :hug:

dak1lls
10-04-2013, 08:13 AM
2 full days on P2. No big changes, just replace a packet with my own protein for lunch. Ate a grilled chicken salad and made my own Caesar dressing for lunch yesterday. Sliced some leftover steak into my salad the day before and used my own Italian dressing. I have been copying and pasting P3 breakfast ideas into a Word doc from the various threads. Getting anxious for those!

I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable. :?:

theEguarantee
10-04-2013, 08:24 AM
happy Friday yall!! I finallyyyy hit the 60lb lost marker!! And i'm fitting in clothes I had no clue I could fit in yet! I feel amazing, and it's thanks to Ideal Protein! Will power and motivation are key! Stick with it, and you will not be disappointed!! YIPPEEE

Docsaver
10-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Good morning, IP friends! Happy Friday.

I just retured from my first business trip on IP. Thankfully, I had lots of great tips from this board to help me prepare ahead of time. It was still hard(ish). The trickiest part was finding some type of veggies in the airports on my first travel day, which was 12 hours from my home to my hotel. I also realized that I need to keep more packets in my purse or carry on. Eating at restaurants was a breeze and the wait staff were all really great. The key was to open with "I have very strict dietary restrictions that I hope you will help me with..."

Today is WI #2 for me and I'm hopeful that I've got a good loss ahead. Home scale says I'm in the 160s! We'll see.

I hope everyone has an amazing day OP!

ktgrrl
10-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Good Morning All!

Just had to share a bit of a NSV and funny moment with DH this morning. I wear suits to work everyday, and have noticed they're getting baggier and baggier. This morning I whined to my DH "Man! I hate that I have to buy new suits!!" His reply "Fine! Then quit the diet and go back to being fat." I blinked and went "Well, okay, but it's just annoying because suits are sooo expensive! But I do have another old suit in the closet, maybe that will fit now." "See? Besides, it's not like you have to buy bigger suits cuz you've gained weight."

Nothing like having someone put it all into perspective for you. It might be expensive or annoying to have to shop for clothes, but really? At least you're not buying bigger clothes, and I think they tend to get a little cheaper as they get smaller. Time to get online and check out some new clothes! :carrot:

sarahBell
10-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Good Friday Morning!

Today I did my ay home WI. This week was long and hard! I struggled all week to stay OP. The way this week was it seemed like it was tossed out the window.

Well this AM I stepped on my scale in the same PJs as every WI, and I wanted to cry...........I really wanted to cry. I am down another 4.3 lbs!!!

I have lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I still need to measure.

Do I need to change my ticker every week to reflect my weight loss each week (I am guessing yes) or is there an spot where I can plug in my new wieight with out making a new one each week?

nolasmurf
10-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Good Friday Morning!

Today I did my ay home WI. This week was long and hard! I struggled all week to stay OP. The way this week was it seemed like it was tossed out the window.

Well this AM I stepped on my scale in the same PJs as every WI, and I wanted to cry...........I really wanted to cry. I am down another 4.3 lbs!!!

Do I need to change my ticker every week to reflect my weight loss each week (I am guessing yes) or is there an spot where I can plug in my new wieight with out making a new one each week?

:bravo:

You can just got to the User CP and change the middle number in the info you have copied there for your tickers. Thats all I do

:hug:

ems70508
10-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday was a super busy day and I didn't get to join yall at all! Late last night I went and read through the daily thread and was so inspired by everyone's victories and positivity! Thank you SO much for staying positive and upbeat because I love reading it.

I had my week 4 WI yesterday morning. Down 3.6 lbs. That's a total of 23.4 in a month. I'm thrilled!

NSV yesterday was going to a Mexican restaurant for a work lunch and everyone was munching on Chips and Queso. That's usually what I dream about and wake up thinking i went off plan so I'm thrilled I wasn't tempted at all! :)

Hope everyone has a great day! Thanks for being you.

lisa32989
10-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Good Friday Morning!

Go to your signature & just change the weight in the BB code.

:congrat: So happy you want to cry happy tears! It is SO WORTH staying OP no matter what life throws at us! Don't you want to scream it from the treetops???
:bravo:

My DH tells me all the time:if it were easy, everyone would do it. The trick is sticking with it when it is hard.

Holidays are coming everyone! The first one is Halloween

Last year I had a big group of 100%ers to get thru the holidays with.
On my journey I've stayed OP thru several vacations, long weekends to the beach (yup, OP in Ft Lauderdale!), BBQs, football tailgates, holiday parties, weddings, my 50th birthday, every holiday for an entire year, friends, fun, and even some of life's disappointments. It can be done. Do it for you!

There is NO REASON to cheat yourself by cheating on the plan. You might get away with it for a week or a month but something IP teaches us is self-contorol. And the wonderful gift of ketosis helps that along.

We can all be ahead-of-the-pack on New Years Day, after an evening of staying OP when everyone else over-indulges. We all know what excuses are like. Lets not have any of them.

I missed it but yesterday we had 90 days until New Years Day (really? So soon?)
Wow.
Where will we be in 90 days?

shannonhs
10-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Congratulations everyone on their losses and NSV's. It is so inspiring everyday to read the daily thread and read about successes, overcoming challenges, and people who are committed to IP 100%. It's certainly helped me stick with it so far.

Lisa, my first thought when you said it is less than 90 days to New Years was "holy crap, I haven't started Christmas shopping yet!!" My second thought was what you were saying, where will I (and we) be after 90 more days of IP. It's kind of exciting to think about - like Christmas eve when you're a kid exciting!!

Maxxy
10-04-2013, 10:42 AM
2 full days on P2. No big changes, just replace a packet with my own protein for lunch. Ate a grilled chicken salad and made my own Caesar dressing for lunch yesterday. Sliced some leftover steak into my salad the day before and used my own Italian dressing. I have been copying and pasting P3 breakfast ideas into a Word doc from the various threads. Getting anxious for those!

I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable. :?:

So interesting that u mention the tailbone. My tailbone has been so sore and I was blaming my bed and the couch, which I thought was strange because they are both new! We are missing the built in cushion!:carrot:

GettinHealthyNow
10-04-2013, 10:59 AM
happy Friday yall!! I finallyyyy hit the 60lb lost marker!! And i'm fitting in clothes I had no clue I could fit in yet! I feel amazing, and it's thanks to Ideal Protein! Will power and motivation are key! Stick with it, and you will not be disappointed!! YIPPEEE

Congratulations! Your stats are similar to mine (start, goal and height) - and your success is an inspiration!

I have a NSV to report today - this morning I was shaking up my drink by the water cooler, and a co-worker said "I see you doing that every day and it's clear you're losing weight, your face looks thinner. Can you tell me about your diet?" and I was able to be an evangelist for IP. He's making an appointment at a clinic today.

Kathy

sarahBell
10-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Also yesterday we had 2 showings for our house back to back. We did not have time to eat before we left!! DS had football practice, so dh, dd and ds #2 and I went to McDs. No one really wanted to go there but given the time we had that was as good as it would get. And I are only a small salad and water, Dh and DD had nasty fish sand. and ds #2 nibbled on that stuff. resisted an iced coffee and frappe. NSV kinda

AliExpat
10-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!!!

I had an NSV this morning!!! Last week Friday I tried on a pair of Size 16 jeans that barely went past my hips and butt and there was NO WAY I could zip them up or close the button. This morning I tried on the same jeans and, while they were tight and a couldn't sit in them, they went up and zipped and closed!!!!! I have a muffin top hanging over the waist band but, hey, I got them on and I on the right track!!! Hopefully I can wear them at the end of the month when I get back from 2 weeks in Canada to meet my DH's family.

Happy OP Friday everyone!!!!

sarita75
10-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Good morning all. So happy to hear about all the losses and the joyful tears! Those are amazing moments and please try to remember them when you are feeling blue, want some pizza or whatever off-program food and find strength in the memory of how you feel now.

I have a few NSV to share. Yesterday, while getting ready to leave Sacramento, my boyfriend was sitting behind me in the hotel, packing his stuff. He looked over at me, and say "Wow, you are really getting thin." I blushed. He has been such a supporter and champion, so for him to compliment my progress when I am not saddened by a small loss or whatever really meant a lot.

This morning, I am wearing a more business-y Friday outfit because I have to meet a client at Facebook (sorry to throw that out there - I am just a little psyched about visiting Facebook). Recently a friend of mine gave me a bunch of her really nice clothes she can no longer wear due to some weight gain and so I am rocking a new-for-me outfit. As I was walking to my office, a guy was walking towards me. He was handsome and so my natural inclination was to peek, but not really make eye contact. As we passed one another, I glanced over at him and he was looking at me. Maybe I just looked a little crazy :dizzy:, highly likely for me, but .... I don't know. It made me feel good as, being heavy, I always felt invisible, or not worthy of attention. Strange. Anyhow, I was going to post a photo below - but I can't. Guess there is a problem with that. Alas!
Happy Friday!!

2 full days on P2. ***I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable. :?:

Congrats on P2! Happy for you! I, too, am looking forward to P2 and P3 yummy breakfast! Starting November! Woot! Woot! As for the tail bone, I actually find it my butt bones (like in my butt cheeks). Riding the bus to work in the morning sometimes just hurts. I try to shift, move around and find something comfie, but nope! The funny things that happen, eh?

PS: I am going to make that pulled pork recipe this weekend - can't wait!!

Just had to share a bit of a NSV and funny moment with DH this morning. I wear suits to work everyday, and have noticed they're getting baggier and baggier. This morning I whined to my DH "Man! I hate that I have to buy new suits!!" I am not sure your size, but I still have some suits that might fit you. PM me if you would like to explore this option.

LadyBug67
10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Good Morning all~~~ Just want to chime in as Newbie.
Started IP 02 October (Wednesday). So starting my 3rd day.
Have been reading so many posts and still reading. Looking forward to this journey and this board I am sure is going to help so much.

MrsBez
10-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone and keep up the awesome work. I just completed my fourth week and I have been more of a lurker than a poster but always check in on the daily chat and 100% threads for a daily dose of inspiration and motivation. You guys all rock. Have a great weekend!

momat40
10-04-2013, 11:24 AM

Hi, I started IP back in March 2012 & reached goal in September 2012. After reaching goal, I also experienced tail bone pain, to the extent where I couldn't sit on a couch or chair for long. I went to a chiropractor and it helped inmensely. I'm doing a yearly reboot and am starting to feel that lack of cushion again, but am doing the core muscle excercises that lift your muscles up in the backside and my monthly chiro visit/adjustment. HTH with your situation. Congrats on reaching your goals.

schenectady
10-04-2013, 12:16 PM
IGood Morning All!

Just had to share a bit of a NSV and funny moment with DH this morning. I wear suits to work everyday, and have noticed they're getting baggier and baggier. This morning I whined to my DH "Man! I hate that I have to buy new suits!!" His reply "Fine! Then quit the diet and go back to being fat." I blinked and went "Well, okay, but it's just annoying because suits are sooo expensive! But I do have another old suit in the closet, maybe that will fit now." "See? Besides, it's not like you have to buy bigger suits cuz you've gained weight."

Nothing like having someone put it all into perspective for you. It might be expensive or annoying to have to shop for clothes, but really? At least you're not buying bigger clothes, and I think they tend to get a little cheaper as they get smaller. Time to get online and check out some new clothes! :carrot:

I am so lucky that there is a major chain thrift store less than a mile from the house. The guy there smiles at me every week or so as I go in to drop off/donate a bag and then go shopping to look for new things.

I get SUCH a kick from putting on the smaller clothes. My next goal on that front is to ditch anything beginning with a "2" and celebrate being into 18's. Maybe in another month....stay tuned!

schenectady
10-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Go to your signature & just change the weight in the BB code.

We can all be ahead-of-the-pack on New Years Day, after an evening of staying OP when everyone else over-indulges. We all know what excuses are like. Lets not have any of them.

I missed it but yesterday we had 90 days until New Years Day (really? So soon?)
Wow.
Where will we be in 90 days?

I am hoping, praying, planning, staying 100% OP for where I will be on New Year's Day - IN ONEDERLAND! I know we are not supposed to project but I want this so badly that I am making it my goal so that I have something concrete for which to work. I find things outside that need physical yard work; I make errands to go up and down stairs all day, etc.

I have not been in Onederland since before I met my husband and we will be 24 years just after New Year's Day. How wonderful it will be for me that I can go back to the health I had then before marriage and our three wonderful children.

Tuscany123
10-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Morning all! I'm a get on the scale every day girl, and am aware that the numbers don't tell the whole story but I do it anyway! I do IP alternatives at home so I don't measure fat loss or inches.

Last Sat was weigh in day and I was 184. 2 days later I was 185.5!! Then 184.5 and today, one day before WI I am 184 again. I fully expect a zero loss tomorrow for the week. And you know what? It's ok!!! Even though I don't measure inches my clothes are much looser than even last week.

Next week I am due my monthly visitor as well. Last month I still had a loss that week, but I had just started IP and I know that was part of the reason why I still had a loss. I don't expect the same this month as my past efforts at weight loss always showed me with a stall on TOM week.

And finally I posted this on the hair loss thread, but I have not experienced hair loss so far. I have been taking 10,000 mcg of Biotin daily, and my hair just looks healthier! But the best part is my normally week and brittle nails are crazy strong and long. I have to file them down every three days! I know Biotin can cause problems for some, like acne etc, but I am thrilled with what it's doing for me so far.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, I just love getting on the daily thread and reading all your news! :grouphug:

Smooshie76
10-04-2013, 12:43 PM
NSV yesterday - I fit I to pants I bought a year after having my daughter. I e been trying to get into them for a year and I finally can now! I kept turning around when I passed a mirror because my butt looks amazing in them!

Suchawittygal
10-04-2013, 12:55 PM

Tailbone pain here too! My butt is so boney now I find it hard to sit on soft surfaces, and especially hard surfaces (like bleachers, etc.) for any extended amount of time. It's a GOOD problem to have though :D

cassieleeanne
10-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Good morning everyone, day three of phase two and I absolutely cannot wait to start phase three. My boyfriend and I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a few things to start phase three on Wednesday.

Woke up early this morning and made it to the gym, I feel so much better working out in the mornings than in the evenings. Now if I can just make this a daily routine that would be great.

My boyfriend is finally coming around to the weight loss (he liked me bigger), he is starting to notice my new curves and really liking it.

Happy Friday, feeling good and hoping everyone else is too!!!!!!

Deana509
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
WI 3 - Down 5.6 lbs!!
Haven't done measurements yet though...
And I got the best compliment that was very remarkable to me... I'm teaching a class for an organization, and one of the students is blind (that in itself has been a challenge because I've been unfortunately never really exposed to a person with disabilities that I had to work extremely close with, but I've fully been enjoying the challenge, she is great!) But she told me yesterday that my hair was beautiful because she had felt it when I was. up next to her ear talking with her... it was humbling because I realized she sees beauty in a total different light, and that body image doesn't matter to her... it made me really think about how much it would be different if we couldn't see each other and just got to know each other by personality and kindness...
Just my thought of the day

Tuscany123
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
WI 3 - Down 5.6 lbs!!
And I got the best compliment that was very remarkable to me... I'm teaching a class for an organization, and one of the students is blind (that in itself has been a challenge because I've been unfortunately never really exposed to a person with disabilities that I had to work extremely close with, but I've fully been enjoying the challenge, she is great!) But she told me yesterday that my hair was beautiful because she had felt it when I was. up next to her ear talking with her... it was humbling because I realized she sees beauty in a total different light, and that body image doesn't matter to her... it made me really think about how much it would be different if we couldn't see each other and just got to know each other by personality and kindness...

All I can say is WOW. Very profound

65X65
10-04-2013, 01:27 PM

You're doing so well and i appreciate you keeping us posted on your journey's progress...eventually we all hope to be there!

momat40

Hi, I started IP back in March 2012 & reached goal in September 2012. After reaching goal, I also experienced tail bone pain, to the extent where I couldn't sit on a couch or chair for long. I went to a chiropractor and it helped inmensely. I'm doing a yearly reboot and am starting to feel that lack of cushion again, but am doing the core muscle excercises that lift your muscles up in the backside and my monthly chiro visit/adjustment. HTH with your situation. Congrats on reaching your goal

Too funny about the tail bone cushion being depleted...I too have a pain in the bum...but didn't spend too much time thinking about it with the other stuff I've had to concentrate on...but geesh! It makes sense. And strengthening the core as suggested to help pull that sag UP .... esp is an excellent idea! Thx...

SylviesGirl
10-04-2013, 01:43 PM
This morning, I am wearing a more business-y Friday outfit because I have to meet a client at Facebook (sorry to throw that out there - I am just a little psyched about visiting Facebook). Recently a friend of mine gave me a bunch of her really nice clothes she can no longer wear due to some weight gain and so I am rocking a new-for-me outfit. As I was walking to my office, a guy was walking towards me. He was handsome and so my natural inclination was to peek, but not really make eye contact. As we passed one another, I glanced over at him and he was looking at me. Maybe I just looked a little crazy :dizzy:, highly likely for me, but .... I don't know. It made me feel good as, being heavy, I always felt invisible, or not worthy of attention. Strange. Anyhow, I was going to post a photo below - but I can't. Guess there is a problem with that. Alas!
Happy Friday!!

Sarita -- Congrats on turning that head! Methinks that was probably not the first, either. What a wonderful feeling! I well remember being "invisible." I never got used to it, and it was a daily downer. Go get 'em, girl! And report back about Facebook!

SylviesGirl
10-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Put me down for a sore tailbone, too! After 30 minutes or so, I am squirming. My husband just laughs when I mention this. I keep hoping it will "toughen up" with time. I know I sit differently now -- I still get a kick out of crossing my legs and have been doing that a lot lately. I notice that brings on some back pain by the end of the day. Oh, the ways in which our bodies have changed. I am sure the required muscles will rise to the challenge eventually. Toning is a good idea, too. I love "happy problems."

Meeshellee
10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Good Morning All!

I sent you a private msg. I have a suit that no longer fits me and we are about the same height. Let me know if you're interested. :)

sarahBell
10-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Today was the first time I let my DH see the scale with me on it. I have never let him see it with me on it. His jaw dropped :)

MelissaKate73
10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Congratulations to all on your NSVs! So uplifting!!!

WOW! What an accomplishment! I'm so happy for you!

Good morning all. So happy to hear about all the losses and the joyful tears! Those are amazing moments and please try to remember them when you are feeling blue, want some pizza or whatever off-program food and find strength in the memory of how you feel now.

Such great advice!! The temporary pleasure of eating that food is NOTHING compared to the long-term pleasure of being healthy and happy with your body!

[QUOTE=Smooshie76;4854982]NSV yesterday - I fit I to pants I bought a year after having my daughter. I e been trying to get into them for a year and I finally can now! I kept turning around when I passed a mirror because my butt looks amazing in them!

LOL! You strut your stuff in those pants, girl! :carrot: :D

WI 3 - Down 5.6 lbs!!

So well said.

Today has been a good day. Day #4, 100% op, headache seems better, but still hanging around some. MUCH less hungry today. I'm guessing I'm in ketosis. I just tried the IP chicken noodle soup for lunch....I know that lots of people don't like it, but I LOVED it! Woohoo! My clinic gave me 21 different unrestricted packets and 7 different restricted packets this week, so I'm really getting to taste a wide variety of the IP offerings. All I've tried so far have been at least ok, some of have been good, and a some have been great. I think this is a good way to let newbies get to know the food. They let us buy food by the packet there, too, which I think is nice. I'm going to work on my food order for next week this weekend. I'm also really enjoying the IP videos that I can watch each morning. I find them to be informational and motivational. Very encouraging.

Really enjoying this program. And this site.
Happy Friday to all!

ktgrrl
10-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I am not sure your size, but I still have some suits that might fit you. PM me if you would like to explore this option.

Since I'm planning on shrinking, and company dress code doesn't seem to be willing to change, I will happily (and gratefully!) take anything I can get. I will be PMing you!! :hug:

sarita75
10-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Sarita -- Congrats on turning that head! Methinks that was probably not the first, either. What a wonderful feeling! I well remember being "invisible." I never got used to it, and it was a daily downer. Go get 'em, girl! And report back about Facebook!

Thanks and will do re Facebook!!! Wish I could post photos here but I think the photo posting is down. :(

WI 3 - Down 5.6 lbs!!

Sooooo many congrats to you!!! :carrot:

cassieleeanne
10-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Today was the first time I let my DH see the scale with me on it. I have never let him see it with me on it. His jaw dropped :)

My boyfriend saw the scale on accident, I have one of those digital ones and I forgot to turn it off and he went in and said good job, of course that was after fifty pounds down. :o

cassieleeanne
10-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Congratulations to all on your NSVs! So uplifting!!!

WOW! What an accomplishment! I'm so happy for you!

[QUOTE=sarita75;4854939]Good morning all. So happy to hear about all the losses and the joyful tears! Those are amazing moments and please try to remember them when you are feeling blue, want some pizza or whatever off-program food and find strength in the memory of how you feel now.

Such great advice!! The temporary pleasure of eating that food is NOTHING compared to the long-term pleasure of being healthy and happy with your body!

LOL! You strut your stuff in those pants, girl! :carrot: :D

So well said.

Today has been a good day. Day #4, 100% op, headache seems better, but still hanging around some. MUCH less hungry today. I'm guessing I'm in ketosis. I just tried the IP chicken noodle soup for lunch....I know that lots of people don't like it, but I LOVED it! Woohoo! My clinic gave me 21 different unrestricted packets and 7 different restricted packets this week, so I'm really getting to taste a wide variety of the IP offerings. All I've tried so far have been at least ok, some of have been good, and a some have been great. I think this is a good way to let newbies get to know the food. They let us buy food by the packet there, too, which I think is nice. I'm going to work on my food order for next week this weekend. I'm also really enjoying the IP videos that I can watch each morning. I find them to be informational and motivational. Very encouraging.

Really enjoying this program. And this site.
Happy Friday to all!

I love the chicken noodle too, not liking the chicken soup though too thick!

MelissaKate73
10-04-2013, 02:41 PM
I love the chicken noodle too, not liking the chicken soup though too thick!

I don't like the chicken soup mucheither! I was not looking forward to the noodle version today, because I wasn't thrilled with the non-noodle, but they are VERY different. The noodles are different than "regular" noodles, of course, but I liked them fine.

Have you found any other ones that you really really like? I'm curious about the pasta, but I didn't get any of those in my starter pack this week.

sarahBell
10-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Lunch today: 1 1/2 c veggies (mushrooms, spinach and green peppers combined) sautéed in 1/2 tsp Olive Oil with sea salt. Then I shook up 1packet of Tomato Basil Soup, added it to my veggies, let it simmer and YUMMO!!! The last 1/2 c of veggies raw cucumbers and a big ol glass of water to finish it off!

ktgrrl
10-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Holy COW!!! You ladies are amazing!!! I really appreciate all the pm's with info on suits! You guys rock! And I'm proud of me for shrinking out of my current suits.

Congrats to everyone on all the victories today! Big or little, it doesn't matter! YOU did it!! Rock on!! :carrot: :cb::broc:

Katluvsblues
10-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi all. I realized too late yesterday that I had TWO restricted foods. I had the vanilla nut bar before swimming and then had the veggie chili for lunch. I hadn't had the chili since the first week and didn't remember it was on THE LIST. So, today I strive for no restricted to make up for it.

I'm on week 5 and I also have been sleeping more the past week or so, and have had some minor headaches. I think I haven't had enough sea salt and that may be why. I actually measured 1/8 tsp for my herb omelette this morning and based on how salty it was, realize I don't think I've been adding enough salt. I've tried to cut out salt in my diet for years and now I have to add it back in. I'm at 19.8 lbs lost (darn it, so close to 20) and on may way, slow and steady.

dak1lls
10-04-2013, 03:37 PM
it was humbling because I realized she sees beauty in a total different light, and that body image doesn't matter to her... it made me really think about how much it would be different if we couldn't see each other and just got to know each other by personality and kindness...

Deana: what a wonderful thought and such a great message about how beauty is in the "eye" of the beholder. Hey, you must have really nice hair! :)

Glad I am not the only one with tailbone pain. I too shift from side to side to reduce the pain. Unfortunately, I drive a lot, as I am in sales, and it is hard on the back and hips to be twisted up as I am driving down the road. Probably not too safe either. eek!

I may check with the chiro, thanks for the tip. I also will be starting an exercise program once I am on Phase 3, so that should help with strengthening my core.

So many great NSV's and SV's today. I wish I could comment on all of them. Along with everyone else on 3FC, I am cheering you on. I will pipe up from time to time if I feel I have anything interesting to offer. It is so exciting to see everyone achieving the success on IP.

65X65 I have been watching for all of your updates and find it so interesting about the changes due to weight loss, both internally and externally. It makes so much sense. I am so hoping everything resolves well for you without surgery.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Sonolady: check your email today.

Zictory75
10-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Hi all, I had my week 5 wi in today and gained 3.5 lbs in one week. Now my doctor and I talked through everything and I was op all week, but majorly constipated and retaining water. He switched me to a different magnesium and I am adding in even more water. He also computed how many calories I would have had to eat to gain 3.5 lbs (over 10,000) and he said basically even off plan that would be hard to do in one week. And I know he is right and I know I have been op, but I am still so depressed! He also thinks that the soy protein in the IP foods may be too much soy for me, so I may have to modify a bit. He is really supportive and wonderful. But I need to do something to stay motivated after that result.

Maxxy
10-04-2013, 03:48 PM
It's official...my weigh in this morning at the clinic put me at goal. I tried to be sure I was not even wearing heavy earrings or socks to make sure I wasn't over!

Happy Friday to all":cheer3:

dak1lls
10-04-2013, 03:54 PM
It's official...my weigh in this morning at the clinic put me at goal. I tried to be sure I was not even wearing heavy earrings or socks to make sure I wasn't over!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
Way to go!

Katluvsblues
10-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi all, I had my week 5 wi in today and gained 3.5 lbs in one week. Now my doctor and I talked through everything and I was op all week, but majorly constipated and retaining water. He switched me to a different magnesium and I am adding in even more water. He also computed how many calories I would have had to eat to gain 3.5 lbs (over 10,000) and he said basically even off plan that would be hard to do in one week. And I know he is right and I know I have been op, but I am still so depressed! He also thinks that the soy protein in the IP foods may be too much soy for me, so I may have to modify a bit. He is really supportive and wonderful. But I need to do something to stay motivated after that result.
My week 5 wi is on Monday and I'm worried too. Didn't help that I did two restricteds accidentally yesterday. I have worked out 3 days this week (tue - thur) and hope that will even it out for me. But keep your chin up, we're supporting you to. Stay the course! I've been trying on clothes that fit me a year ago and am feeling a bit better. We're in this TOGETHER!!

Katluvsblues
10-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Whooo Hooooo to Youuuuuuu !!:broc: :broc: :broc:

ktgrrl
10-04-2013, 04:15 PM

That stinks!! But thank goodness you are working with someone who is so helpful and paying attention to what you need. I've seen too many horror stories around these parts! I'm thinking next week will be a big whoosh! for you!

WooHOO!!! Super congrats!!!

schenectady
10-04-2013, 05:10 PM

Zictory75 - I can understand how painful and unfair that weigh in was for you. When someone has been 100%, it is like an insult or a smack in the face.

That being said, do NOT let it change being 100% OP and determined. You cannot let a weird reading make you think that you are not doing well.

Hang in there is all I can say. I went through a period where I was having on fluids and I knew I was waaaayyyy down but that whole week I was on fluids showed NO progress.

Not logical, not right, not fair but just stay strong and talk to the people on here. They are more supportive than anyone I have ever encountered while trying to get healthy.

1LittleStar
10-04-2013, 05:50 PM

:bravo: Way to go!! Happy Friday it is!

JaneDeaux
10-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Whooo Hooooo to Youuuuuuu !!:broc: :broc: :broc:

Congrats! Wow!

lisa32989
10-04-2013, 05:58 PM
So awesome that your doc spent the time to prove to you that it isn't fat. So if it isn't fat, it is water or crap :p. We can't control all of that stuff. Nothing like your doc telling you you are full of crap :)

You are controlling what you can control...what you put in your mouth! The doggone scale is very fickle. It'll probably move when it becomes not so important.

I cut out all soy protein in January. Had quite a hissy fit about it b/c I was giving up most of my favorite IP foods. I switched to Syntrax Nectar, learned how to make my own pudding (syntrax, hersey's special dark cocoa, xanthan gum), used Quest Bars, Simply Whey Bars and Simply Chips for restricteds.

You have all the motivation you need. It is right in front of you. You are OP. You don't want to go back where you were.

Hi all. I realized too late yesterday that I had TWO restricted foods. I had the vanilla nut bar before swimming and then had the veggie chili for lunch. I hadn't had the chili since the first week and didn't remember it was on THE LIST. So, today I strive for no restricted to make up for it.
Best thing is just to stick to plan. If there are any mistakes, no need to penalize yourself, just stick to plan the following day. Every day is alearning experience. Most of us have done that at least once.

Thanks and will do re Facebook!!! Wish I could post photos here but I think the photo posting is down. :(
File attachments are down.
I upload my pics to flickr and then post the bbcode. That is still working ;)

Zictory75
10-04-2013, 06:13 PM
So awesome that your doc spent the time to prove to you that it isn't fat. So if it isn't fat, it is water or crap :p. We can't control all of that stuff. Nothing like your doc telling you you are full of

I cut out all soy protein in January. Had quite a hissy fit about it b/c I was giving up most of my favorite IP foods. I switched to Syntrax Nectar, learned how to make my own pudding (syntrax, hersey's special dark cocoa, xanthan gum), used Quest Bars, Simply Whey Bars and Simply Chips for restricteds.

Thank You!!!! Everyone!!! I also reviewed my journal again and realized I was down a bit on water too, so I have a plan and will persevere! And Lisa I am going to try your recipe for the pudding, do you add stevia? and how do you know what is the right serving size. I appear not to be able to pm yet, but I will try to once I have enough posts

Thanks again!

lisa32989
10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Thank You!!!! Everyone!!! I also reviewed my journal again and realized I was down a bit on water too, so I have a plan and will persevere! And Lisa I am going to try your recipe for the pudding, do you add stevia? and how do you know what is the right serving size. I appear not to be able to pm yet, but I will try to once I have enough posts

Thanks again!
Well, I just figured a pudding shouldn't be more than 120 cals whatever carbs i figured when I did it.
Syntrax Chocolate truffle is 0 carbs/fat/100 cals
I added 1 tbsp dark cocoa (yes, cocoa is an ingredient in IP products)
I don't like things sweet so no stevia. The syntrax is sweet enuf
I had to play with the xanthan gum to get it right. I think I started with 1/4 tsp

It is important to know all the ins/outs of what is in the IP packets before doing a total packet reconstruct.

Docsaver
10-04-2013, 08:22 PM

YAY :carrot::carrot: CONGRATS. I bet that felt amazing.

jcw1020
10-04-2013, 08:37 PM
all I've wanted today is a donut. When I walked into the office this morning I was greeted by Munchkins that someone brought in. I had a chocolate drink at lunch and it just didn't cut it. On our coffee run I stared down the donuts behind the counter. all i've wanted today is a sweet treat, but I didn't give in. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of a cookie dough bar tonight!!!!

1LittleStar
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
all I've wanted today is a donut. When I walked into the office this morning I was greeted by Munchkins that someone brought in. I had a chocolate drink at lunch and it just didn't cut it. On our coffee run I stared down the donuts behind the counter. all i've wanted today is a sweet treat, but I didn't give in. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of a cookie dough bar tonight!!!!

Congrats for resisting the temptation! Doesn't it feel great to have that kind of control over food. Probably feels much better than that donut would have tasted! :carrot::carrot:

MidgieMoon
10-04-2013, 10:19 PM
I had y week 7 WI ,and have lost a total of 29 pounds since Aug. 9th. I am very thankful for all of you for sharing your stories!

Docsaver
10-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Back from WI.... down 2.6 pounds and 6 inches! My coach was surprised because I have lost over 12 inches in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see the 160s next week (hopefully).

jmanovich
10-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Whats the verdict on coconut oil? Is it OP? I don't have my sheets handy and can't open any attachments...I forget which oils are allowed. Thanks!

AprilH3
10-04-2013, 11:06 PM
I have a confession. I spent 3 weeks off plan. I ate OP for a day and then didn't really the next day. Two weeks ago I was at 150.4 on my scale in the am. And this Monday night when I weighed myself I was at 159! And right then I decided to get it together, get back on and get this weight off. I saw a picture of myself Tuesday night (practicing with a friend) and was not happy with how I look. So no more excuses, no messing around. This morning I was back to 151.4 after being OP for a whole 3 days. My body doesn't want the weight, I'm stopping fighting my own body and letting it lose weight!
I discovered nothing really tasted as good as I remembered, well except maybe for a couple things I made but they didn't taste good enough to be fat for. My only major concern is that I l gained 9lbs in two weeks! I don't even understand how that is possible. I'm excited now to see how I look at goal!

I'm so happy to see so many NSVs and scale victories! Great job everyone!