Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 06:53 PM   #1  

Question New and looking for advice

My dr. has been pushing for me to have weight loss surgery for a long time now. Over the past six months I have researched it extensively. My BMI is 52. I'm a Type 2 diabetic, with a fatty liver and high triglycerides. My blood pressure is high also. I've tried many diets over the years and failed at them all eventually.It appears that I am a perfect candidate.
I have finally agreed with my dr that this is a plausable option for me, so my dr. wrote a letter of reccomendation for the surgery and sent it to my insurance company (Blue Cross/Blue Sheild of Alabama) today .
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should deal with my insurance company to gain approval more easily and also any general advice on making this whole process less stressful.
I'd be grateful for any insight you could give me.

Thanks in advance,

Kay
Old 06-27-2003, 09:00 PM   #2  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Kay, please check out www.obesityhelp.com

It was recommended to me by these great girls, and you can actually check out what other people have had to say about your same insurance. And once you know who will be doing your surgery, you can look up reviews of him as well as the hospital where the surgery will be done. It is an awesome tool. Look around there, there is a lot to digest.

Tiffany
Old 07-28-2003, 01:19 PM   #3  
Never Fry Bacon Nekkid!

Talking

Katebear, where in AL do you live? I am in Huntsville and I am still researching WLS.
Closed Thread