General Diet Plans and Questions - Accuweight Bead Diet Part 4

View Full Version : Accuweight Bead Diet Part 4

cocoisfit
10-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Thought I would start a new thread.

cocoisfit
10-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Annleslie,

I didn't stick with Cohen because I thought I would get faster results with AW, which usually I do but not sure the extra lb a week is worth it. Cohen results are pretty consistent average 3 lbs a week. The basics of the diet are the same:
-3 meals 5hr apart, last one 2 hr before bed
-water >10 cups/day
-crispbread < 12g/day, <6g at a time, 2.5 hr apart
-fruit 1/day, one at a time, 2.5hr apart
-veggies
-meat
-cheese 3x/wk, 3oz per serving

exercise - only cardio allowed, after 2 weeks

Very similar to the first week on AW transition. I felt only enough hunger to know that it was working. No fatigue or nausea. Your allowed anything 0 calories, including vinegar found in any 0 cal condiments.

The woman that eventually moved to 2/2/2/1 did experience hair loss but losing weight was more important to her due to health problems with her extra weight. When she switched over she was working out like a mad woman 6 days a week. She lost a total of 135lb and looked fabulous. Not gaunt as with other programs.

If I was going to alter AW I might as well do what she did. Yesterday I walked 6 miles and today milk day #2 :(

cocoisfit
10-03-2013, 12:44 PM
greenlights1, as far as i know they still allow the boiled egg in the mornings

Annleslie
10-03-2013, 04:28 PM
HELP!

Since I was concerned about protein due to our recent conversations, coco, I had a protein bar today....the Atkins version, and now my stomach is in absolute knots. I've never had this reaction before from protein. Why now?

I'm in so much pain I have to go throw it up!!

Annleslie
10-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Coco......!!!!

I need a serious explanation here. I just threw up that protein bar. I got some relief from purging, but still feel uneasy, queasy or gaseous...not sure which. The distress is upper central directly in my stomach.

Is this what life would be like attempting to revert back into normal eating? Can I never eat a protein bar again, or occasionally pasta?

How the heck does anyone cheat on AW without getting sick in pain?

Stomach in knots...too much acid indigestion. I don't think I can even eat my veggies today. Heartburn...feel it all the way to my back. All this just for a little cheat???

lucyonadiet
10-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi,
I am on day 4 (2nd veggie day) and would love to connect with other people doing the bead diet. So far it is going easier than I thought it would. I am not hungry, I had a few times when I felt sort of "foggy" but I called my center (Clark) and they said it was most likely low blood pressure and to add a little salt- which I did and I feel better.

I'm a little worried I may be the only one in the world to have so little calories and not lose weight- I'll know when I go back next Tuesday!

Lucy

cocoisfit
10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Annleslie, how are you doing today?

Annleslie
10-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks, coco, for asking. :)

I'm pretty upset that happened yesterday because not eating normal food again wasn't part of the deal. I experimented again this morning by eating a single egg and experienced terrible indigestion. I NEVER had any digestive issues with eggs or protein before AW. It took hours to digest with severe stomach pain and distress.

I saw my doctor 1st thing this morning (after my egg) and she is referring me to a nutritionist to help me revise my diet.

What kind of diet not only makes you sick while you're on it but when you go off of it, too? No, I'm not happy about this at all. I want to eat normally again, and it has nothing to do with willpower. I compare what I felt yesterday and today to one of those drugs that make alcoholics terribly sick if they drink alcohol. It was that bad.

Tonight is my social event at the farm. It's a harvest meal and event with friends. I plan to eat what I can but take small, slow bites and probably get a take-home box for the majority of it. I think I will start with some Pepcid AC before eating, just in case it could help.

Needless to say, I am screwing over my Milk Day, since they have screwed up my digestive system so badly!!!! In fact, I'm thinking that a diet as extreme as AW NEEDS to have a weekly cheat day to prevent the digestive system from seizing like this.

lucyonadiet
10-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Hoping to hear from others...

Annleslie
10-06-2013, 06:55 AM
I went off AW for two social events over the course of two days and gained 9 lbs. That's right...NINE POUNDS!!! Boy, I can't wait to see how I cope with Transition and Maintenance.

You can't imagine how bitter I am that it takes at least an entire Bead Set (9 days) to lose 9 lbs. but only 2 meals to gain it all back. Depressed and bitter is more like it!

I've already reported that I am sick and hungry on AW (and I sure do know the difference between hunger and cravings. After all, I'm not a toddler!), but very sick off of AW, too, due to severe indigestion, which I NEVER had before doing AW. In fact, after eating "normally", as in the way everyone else did at the event, on Friday, I vomited 12 hours later. Then, after Saturday's event where I ate normally along with everyone else, I vomited about 6 hours later when I realized my food would not digest.

I have no inclination to speak to my counselor about this because she will not even consider that AW's extreme starvation protocol could be the culprit.

I have an idea to modify AW by sticking to the milk and vegetables, but allowing them more often and outside of the Noon to 6 timeframe, if for nothing more than to transition away from AW and find another healthier and safer method of weight loss.

Believe me, I hate quitting as I had no intention to do so, but I hate being constantly sick even more!

cocoisfit
10-06-2013, 09:38 PM
ANN, that is horrifying! Im glad you saw your doctor. Guess she didnt like AW if shes refe4ring you to a nutritionist? Did you see my post about Cohens? Its very similar to AW transition and what im doing now.. im still losing the same amount of weight which i hope continues. Unfortunately my hair is still shedding badly. Let me know if you post in a diffrent place. Id like to follow your progress since we have similar goals.

Annleslie
10-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes, I saw Cohen's. Thank you. I don't post in other forums...yet, though I am on My Fitness Pal for tracking progress.

I made some veggies today and got in only two bites and my stomach is already rejecting the food with terrible heartburn. I will have to raise this issue of indigestion with my doctor though I don't want another prescription to correct another ailment.

When I feel this badly, I actually WANT comfort food. I want to feel better, so I start thinking about soups, grilled cheese and ice cream, since I'm failing anyway.

You're losing on Cohen's? That's great, coco! I just don't know what to eat now. Weight loss must take a back seat to restoring stomach comfort, and I don't want to rely on OTC or Rx meds for it.

Annleslie
10-08-2013, 05:40 PM
So, I'm not convinced the beads actually work. They don't curb my hunger despite very careful placement.

I vomited daily just from eating normally Friday-Monday (4 consecutive days).

Coco, how's your hair? Specifically, how's the biotin, flaxseed and spirulina helping, if at all?

I'm having a Milk Day today, but modifying to have it when I feel like it and in any quantity. I'm just not depriving myself today to see if I can soothe and comfort my stomach and prevent from purging.

cocoisfit
10-09-2013, 12:55 PM
My hair stopped shedding. I'm sure the vitamins helped but I've also been adding a scoop of whey protein on my milk days. I only lost a pound the past milk days. I've also been having the boiled egg after my walks. I'd really like to stick with AW and get this weight off.

How was your first milk day? Any weight loss with that 9lbs? Sometimes even smelling food makes me nauseous on this diet.

Annleslie
10-09-2013, 02:31 PM
I vomited again...in the middle of the night when I woke up at 3 AM. It was pure acid, felt like a gallon. It irritated my throat and my stomach is queasy today. I've had a spoonful of flaxseed today.

My next Dr. appt. isn't for another week. I'm not weighing right now. I just don't want to know the damage after this last weekend. My number one priority is feeling well, number two is weight loss.

When I'm not feeling well, I don't feel like doing anything correctly, i.e. diet, exercise, work and so forth.

Glad to hear your hair situation is under control and whatever it took for that to happen. There's just so much room on AW for modifications for the purpose of health. No one should feel ashamed for doing so.

Annleslie
10-11-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm just checking in to say that my stomach is very sick still. I feel like vomiting, but trying not to.

AW has totally messed up my digestion.

cocoisfit
10-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm just checking in to say that my stomach is very sick still. I feel like vomiting, but trying not to.

AW has totally messed up my digestion.

This is scary. You should email Barbara since your counselor isn't helping.

Are you still following the plan? Switch to lactose free milk and cut down on artificial stuff. I've cheated and it's tough getting back but never this bad.

Adding whey protein and the boiled egg haven't slowed down my weight loss, i think it's actually helping.

Annleslie
10-11-2013, 09:47 PM
You're just eating a hardboiled egg, plain? I will try that.

I assume lactose-free milk is still whole milk. I think I will take that suggestion. Thanks.

I always thought of indigestion as a lack of stomach acid, therefore an inability to process consumed food. However, I have tons of acid which is still not breaking down my food, so it just sits while I ache.

I keep wanting a carb, like potatoes, pasta or cereal. They sound soothing to me, but I know not good for weight loss.

Nice to know you're still around, coco!

cocoisfit
10-12-2013, 11:43 AM
You're just eating a hardboiled egg, plain? I will try that.

I assume lactose-free milk is still whole milk. I think I will take that suggestion. Thanks.

I always thought of indigestion as a lack of stomach acid, therefore an inability to process consumed food. However, I have tons of acid which is still not breaking down my food, so it just sits while I ache.

I keep wanting a carb, like potatoes, pasta or cereal. They sound soothing to me, but I know not good for weight loss.

Nice to know you're still around, coco!

The egg plain with salt and pepper.. sometimes i throw spices on it. I try to have it early, around noon. Whole milk Lactaid is actually a better option than regular milk much creamier..makes better shakes.

Are you back on track?

Yesterday was odd because my hair shed alot again, and so are my lashes! I only have these and 2 bead sets left if it doesn't stop i will have to move on.

shams136
10-16-2013, 11:55 PM
I can't believe how strong you guys are.. I mean I would have given up along time go with all of these side effects. I'm really experiencing any of these side effects that you guys are ( I soo sorry that you are btw) and I'm still having a hard time sticking to it especially during milk days. I also had a long stretch of holiday and family events that have put me out of the diet guidelines. the good news is that I haven't gained anything I lost but haven't lost in a couple of weeks... I'm going back on tomorrow with a veggie day and hopefully I can stick to it long enough to see some more loss

Annleslie
10-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi, Shams. Glad you're checking in. My best to you!

I went almost a week without vomiting, then had an incident this morning following a Milk Day. I can't believe I am vomiting curdled milk. (Sorry for the potential graphic.) I hardly slept last night due to stomach distress and had to purge to relieve terrible heartburn.

I am down 5 lbs. since that 9 lb. gain. I'm just relieved it hasn't been worse.

Omg, coco, on your hair AND lashes. That's just insane! I thought you were going back to Cohen's anyway...or AW transition? Oh, I feel for you, especially since I thought the egg would help. It's not worth going bald, huh? And, I hesitate to believe that once you transition away from AW, your hair thickness and texture will just return to the way it was.

I'm just going to ask once more, "How can they, with a clear conscience, say this is healthy?"

I'm still doing my walks (stroller pushing), despite an injured hamstring, some knee pain and an unusual pain in my right latissimus dorsi, undoubtedly from going uphill with this stroller which is 29 lbs. with a 43 lb. child.

Sorry I've been absent for almost a week, but being constantly sick is no fun at all.

cocoisfit
10-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Glad you're losing again. Did you switch to lactose free milk?

Their thinking might be being overweight is less healthy than eating 500 calories a day. Let's be honest ANYONE on a starvation diet will lose weight. AW uses the 500 for the healthiest food possible, giving the body the bare necessary nutrients.

I've been doing the 2-2 rotation but adding whey protein on milk days and chicken/fish on veggie days. The weight loss hasn't changed, still losing consistently, but that is most likely due to the elliptical and more cardio in general to burn off the extra 200. They say this isn't a metabolic diet but logically how can it not be? Weight loss is all simple math... calories in/calories out. I still have 2 other bead sets besides this one so will see what happens when they're done.

Hello Shams! Welcome! How are you doing back?

shams136
10-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Ann- I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick. You think maybe you should take break from AW and just replenish your body with water and maybe gatorade!? you seem dehydrated and that sometimes slows down loss! plus weigh loss isn't worth it if you body is shutting down.

Coco! I'm doing great so far!... down 1 lb since I've been back .. not much but Ill take it.. I went back on with a milk day and today is milk day 2 hopefully I make it to the end of day without being tempted to taste anything I'm making for my kids and husband for dinner.

good luck to all!

Annleslie
10-19-2013, 12:12 PM
I am back down...just to where I was. Haven't done lactose free yet because it's even more expensive than organic whole. I'm only having 1/4 c. milk at a time, on an empty stomach to give it a chance to be absorbed.

I just finished 2 modified Milk Days by adding in an egg each day and some ground flaxseed. I've stopped all Rx meds my doctor happily prescribed after researching them online and believing the risks outweighed the benefits.

I'm planning to add in some nuts on these next two Veggie Days. I'm not paying attention to the Noon to 6 rule at the moment, because that was one aspect that caused me so much stress..."It's 5 o'clock. Got to eat, quick!" Now, I eat something small (milk, egg, nuts, veggies/fruit) when real hunger sets in, instead of suffering through deprivation until the specified window of time.

Speaking of breaking rules, I am also having just a tablespoon of vinegar with my egg, and cayenne pepper and "No Salt". I will definitely report to you whether the vinegar hinders weight loss noticeably or not.

I think the important thing is that although I have made all of these modifications, I am still consuming the Milk and Veggies for the core value of the program.

Annleslie
10-19-2013, 02:29 PM
As of my weigh-in this morning after my modified Milk Days, I am back down to where I was a couple of weeks ago when I went off AW for a few social events.

Hungry or sick? Take your pick.

cocoisfit
10-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Walmart has lactose free whole milk for $3, the Great Value brand. So glad you're off RX.. DRs get perks for prescribing all those meds while turning us into junkies. Very interesting how the modifications worked out for you!!! My loss has slowed a bit but at least i have energy to move around and not sure if it would have slowed ... either way i'm sticking with the extra protein and egg.

Annleslie
10-21-2013, 05:23 PM
For your hair issues, I absolutely agree with you on keeping your sources of protein.

Exactly...on the meds. Too many side effects.

Today, I sauteed an onion, a bunch of celery and cashew pieces in just a bit of vegetable broth. It was good, wholesome and I didn't miss any of the other junk Chinese restaurants use in their Cashew Chicken.

Uhm...I'd just like to share with the group...those of you that are still here...that as a single woman, my primary motivation was love and all the great stuff that comes with it. Well, I am officially in "Onederland" (under 200) and finally felt comfortable meeting someone and dating. So...last night he gave me 3 hickies, LOL! We are both middle-aged, but I feel like I'm 21, again! It's certainly motivation to keep going.

cocoisfit
10-22-2013, 12:58 PM
For your hair issues, I absolutely agree with you on keeping your sources of protein.

Exactly...on the meds. Too many side effects.

Today, I sauteed an onion, a bunch of celery and cashew pieces in just a bit of vegetable broth. It was good, wholesome and I didn't miss any of the other junk Chinese restaurants use in their Cashew Chicken.

Uhm...I'd just like to share with the group...those of you that are still here...that as a single woman, my primary motivation was love and all the great stuff that comes with it. Well, I am officially in "Onederland" (under 200) and finally felt comfortable meeting someone and dating. So...last night he gave me 3 hickies, LOL! We are both middle-aged, but I feel like I'm 21, again! It's certainly motivation to keep going.

Awww :love: Now I know where you get your motivation from!!!

Good to hear things are turning around with your modified AW. Whatever it takes.. sometimes i wonder if they need to be so drastic with this diet. But it's true what you said that the lbs drop quickly when we jump back on the plan. I'm already down 3lbs since yesterday.

Been doing the elliptical every day now with no (additional) hunger so started jilian michaels 30 day shred to begin toning. Today was the 2nd day and already cramping! amazing what she squeezes into 20 minutes.

Annleslie
10-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Your fitness level is above mine, for sure. I am a wimp who hates exercising, sweating and breathing hard!

The way you've inspired me, coco, is competitively. I know that's not the objective here, but when you told me how successful you've been both in the past and currently, I felt the challenge.

But, does it have to be so slow? Even AW isn't as fast and rewarding as I'd like it to be, definitely not compared to the efforts.

Don't your feet go numb on the Elliptical? Mine do. Isn't it amazing how when you change your workout, even slightly, your body responds with soreness due to the focus on different parts and muscles? I'm sure Jillian Michaels is an a** kicker, but I don't have anything of hers. I have Leslie Sansone...a multitude of her Walking DVDs. Pretty mundane, now that I think about it. I actually prefer my nightly walks, Stroller Pushing. The neighborhood residents don't though, because their dogs bark when I go by, and by...and by, around the block.

The hickie guy is a loser. He just went from Prince Charming during the conquest phase to Macho Dude once he felt he had me where he wanted me. I hate that about men. So, while I was dwelling over him getting coffee at a gas station 150 miles in his direction, I thought, "What am I doing? He's not worth it." Just then, I noticed a guy standing next to me chronically stirring his coffee, adding just a tad more creamer and stirring some more. Finally, he asked how I was doing. I replied that I was on my way to such and such place but changed my mind and am turning around to go home. He looked bewildered and I remarked, "He's not worth it." He said, "Oh! It's one of those."

I went outside, put my coffee in my car and pumped my gas and just at the moment when I was getting back into my car to head home, the coffee guy ran up to me and handed me his number asking me to text him since he worked Graveyard as a truck driver. 90 miles later, I entered Service Area and texted. I asked his age. He asked me to guess. I said, "Younger. Early to mid-20s." He said, "You're good. I'm 26." My jaw dropped. He asked if I was 29, lol. (So transparent.) I called and left him a voicemail telling him that I was nearly 20 years older. He responded, "Dang, you're fine and hott (two "Ts"?) and asked if I minded the age difference. How could I? I was flattered. No sparks, no love, just intrigue.

One more story...I took my little one to the pediatric dentist yesterday for a 6-month check-up. No cavities! :) The moment I checked in for our appointment at the desk, one of the receptionists told me I looked great and said, "You've lost a lot of weight." I didn't mention AW, honestly because I felt a responsibility NOT TO (if that makes any sense) and it would have taken too long to explain. As I walked away from the desk to sit in the lobby, another receptionist said, "Wow! You're right. She has." THAT felt pretty good, I tell you. After we sat in the lobby waiting for the dental assistant, the first receptionist walked out from behind the glass enclosed desk and approached me to remark again about how "fabulous" I look.

FINALLY!!! Someone noticed. Those two instances, at the dentist and the gas station, gave me the encouragement I need to maintain and be consistent with the various aspects of MY weight loss program. We still have a long way to go, coco. Someone who reached "Goal!" here on 3FC said, "It's never over. If you fail, it is only temporary. Success is permanent because you never give up. Start over or resume and you will make it 3 steps forward for every step backward."

I'm so glad you're still here, coco!

Annleslie
10-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Good heavens! I just saw the 30 Day Shred on YouTube. I particpated seldomly and just watched mostly. Lol,

Yeah, I prefer my own pace, otherwise I feel insignificant and weak. Can't even keep up with modified Anita.

cocoisfit
10-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Sorry been MIA, had a crappy work week.

Thank you, Annleslie :)
It is much slower the second time or so it seems. I'm trying to stick to the original AW diet as much as possible... then add the boiled egg, whey protein, chicken/fish respectively if I need to. Just want this weight off so bad. The other day I was getting dressed and felt so fat and gross. Like wearing layers that don't come off. It's exhausting.

My feet do go numb on the ellitpcial but I thought that's how everyone is? If it bothers you leave the resistance on 0. I'm trying to change up my workouts to avoid a plateau. I fear any kind of stall will kill my momentum mentally.

Sorry to hear about your "hickie guy" lol. When you stop responding to him he'll kick it up again. Hate the game playing. So nothing with coffee guy???

One of the miracles of AW is that we lose only fat so people notice it much quicker than other plans. I've stopped telling anyone I'm on AW until I was done. I just don't want to hear the negativity. Take measurements and before and after pics.. it's great motivation not to gain it back.

How tall are you? I'm 5'7" and thankfully my weight is well (as well as can be) distributed.

"It's never over. If you fail, it is only temporary. Success is permanent because you never give up. Start over or resume and you will make it 3 steps forward for every step backward."

Love this quote thanks for sharing! I'm committed to sticking to AW until goal. Last time I reached normal BMI and took a break. This time the plan is to get to goal 125-135. This weekend I'm going off plan, honestly all week I have.. but will recommit Monday to the end. You help motivate me too! And you're doing great :carrot:

Good heavens! I just saw the 30 Day Shred on YouTube. I particpated seldomly and just watched mostly. Lol,

Yeah, I prefer my own pace, otherwise I feel insignificant and weak. Can't even keep up with modified Anita.

Hahaha! I took 2 days off because i was too cramped to do the workouts properly. Maybe i'll stick to 3 days a week and elliptical everyday... it's getting too cold to go out in the morning here NJ.

Annleslie
10-26-2013, 01:24 AM
cocoisfit: "How tall are you? I'm 5'7" and thankfully my weight is well (as well as can be) distributed."

You sound more and more like me. I'm 5'7" and I've always held my weight well in that people guess I weigh less than I do. In fact, yesterday I was at a bar wearing size 12 pants and a gentleman called me "average". Hey, I'll take that as compliment! I just don't like looking at myself in the mirror. I see all the flabby flaws. :(

So...I am a non-drinker, non-smoker, no drugs, no gambling, etc., but I fall apart in relationships and when that happens, everyday mundane activities fall to the wayside. My house gets cluttered and messy. Laundry doesn't get done and I have trouble sleeping due to depression/anxiety. I treat this condition with cigarettes and alcohol, knowing that it is a phase until I rebound. Time doesn't help, but transference usually does. I need to fill the void. I also don't eat much under these circumstances, so I'm not gaining since I'm not celebrating life in any way.

Yet, I haven't had the will to walk. The last time I went for a walk was Monday morning when he said, "I love you". Too depressed to do much right now.

cocoisfit
10-28-2013, 12:49 PM
You know that saying, man's rejection is God's protection :dizzy: Good for you putting yourself out there, it's the only way to meet people.

I'm 5'7" also and like you look OK until 190. Size 12 is the average now..or maybe 14? So you're thinner than average lol. Beer is my weakness but I've learned to love vodka since it's lower in calories.

As luck would have it I stumped my toe yesterday and broke the nail off. So although I started back on the diet today, can't work out atleast a week. That basically means absolutely no cheating. I'm staying between 700-800 calories.

Not working today, sitting home watching Jersey Shore. I missed the entire series when it aired but kind of like it, sadly i think.

Annleslie
11-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Well, I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I know I needed that time to grieve, although I wish I hadn't done so much self-sabotaging.

I didn't gain...that's good. I loaded today with too much food, but they weren't unhealthy choices. I'm resuming my walks and plan to go back on Milk tomorrow...just milk. I'm not going to torture myself with the Noon to 6 timeframe. I'm going to consume 1/4 c. milk as often as I'm hungry and see if I can keep it to the 20 oz. limit throughout the day.

Following the AW protocol has sure saved on my food budget, I have to say. Granted there are only two of us at home now that my teenager lives in the dorm and hopefully is being well fed in the campus cafeteria. But, my own personal food intake, being so low over the last couple of months has made our refrigerator and cupboards nearly bare. There are staples, including fruits and vegetables, whole wheat tortillas, English muffins, rice cakes, cheese and eggs for my toddler, and he eats more than I do!

I indulged in my favorite homemade smoothie today. It's frozen strawberries, blueberries and cherries, some banana, canned pineapple (no sugar added) and the key ingredient is orange juice, opposed to water. The OJ makes it so full of flavor. I love it! If I'm ambitious, I will add in a tablespoon of ground flaxseed.

My doctor recommended Metamucil because she said "it moves the food through faster to reduce caloric absorption." Do you agree? Other than relieving constipation, would Metamucil function so well as a weight loss aid?

greenlights1
11-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Hey All, so now i kind of get what you were saying before about the stall... i've hit a stall point at 316 due to an infection in my leg and a ton of stupid antibiotics. I can't seem to make the scale move and it's been over a week, any suggestions?

I was just thinking of switching to solely veggie stock on my veggie days this week, but is that a stupid idea?

Annleslie
11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
greenlights, I don't think there are any stupid ideas with AW. After a while, everyone should question the validity of the program and make adjustments as necessary.

GiGiBlue
11-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a lifetime dieter, following in my mother's footsteps. Almost everyone in my family is overweight. I lost 100 lbs. 10 years ago, and regained it all within 3 years. I lost by eating healthy and exercising daily. Something clicked back then, and it seemed easy. But, like most chronic dieters, I wasn't prepared to make the long-terms changes necessary to maintain a slim and fit lifestyle. Now I'm post-menopausal and clinically obese. Dr Oz stated once that a PM woman has to be almost perfect to lose weight. I figured if I have to be perfect, I may as well do it fast with the bead diet. I mean, changing my diet will be hard, whether it's WW, Ideal Protein, or anything else, right? I'm ready for this. I know I can do this.

I will be receiving my starter kit this week. My concerns are mainly:

1) I read all 4 parts of this thread, and am somewhat concerned about the health safety of the diet. Has anyone had issues that last more than a few days? My digestion has been healthy, and would like to know if there are issues in that area.

2) For those of you who have lost a good deal of weight, how does your skin react to this regimen? I have always gained/lost in my face first, so I'm concerned that the fast lost / low protein will show up in sagging skin. May sound trivial, but it's a real concern.

3) For those who have met goal, do you feel healthy? Have you been able to keep the weight at bay?

4) Would you recommend this diet to a love one? Or is it just too hard?

Any information will be appreciated. Thank you all so much!

Annleslie
11-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Hey, GiGi...welcome!

1. Health: It's a difficult adjustment and the main complaints are thinning hair, brittle nails...things that are a result of likely low protein. You should be diligent with a multi-vitamin w/calcium+magnesium, nightly. Digestion can be an issue because there isn't anything gradual about this diet. I wish I had eased into it, the way they suggest you transition out.

2. Ah...sagging skin. We discussed this a few pages ago. MSM! Do you know this supplement? If taken concurrently when on AW, it should increase skin elasticity and thus reduce sagging. I know of a couple of AW counselors who lost rapidly and NEVER overcame the sagging skin issue. Sure, they look great...with their clothes ON, but I bet they didn't know about MSM. MSM can be found by itself as a supplement or often in joint supplements.

3. I don't know of anyone really who has reached goal on AW, at least not here on 3FC. It's so strenuous that many give up, then come back later to try again. Bless their hearts!

4. I don't think "I" would recommend this diet to anyone unless they were willing to accept that continuous weight loss can be achieved even with modifications, such as adding in some protein. Cocoisfit adds in healthy protein choices such as eggs, lean meats and protein shakes and STILL is successful on this diet. Coco and I agree that AW isn't any more magical than any Low-Cal, healthy choice diet.

I have always questioned the "Noon to 6" factor. It's by far the hardest part for me. I haven't been abiding by it for some time and don't notice a difference in weight loss. I do however feel far more satiated when I spread my food intake out beyond the 6-hour timeframe. Another option to dealing with feelings of deprivation and starvation if you're determined to only eat during that 6-hour period, is to take a fiber supplement such as ground flaxseed, PGX or Metamucil (psyllium husk). In relatively low doses, fiber could curb appetite either in the morning or evening. There are some warnings however about not becoming dependent on it, AND some people retain water with fiber, thus stalling weight loss.

AW doesn't impose exercise, but I think for most of us, once we started losing, we were encouraged to incorporate more activity into our days. It also helped to balance out our imperfections on the program. I don't even like my beads anymore. I do however like the science behind Milk being an emulsifier which breaks up fat deposits, while Vegetables and Fruit contain enzymes which dissolve the broken up fat.

The main idea I'd like to suggest for you just starting out is please, go ahead and experience the strict AW program. Then see how you feel and if you need to make minor adjustments along the way, YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE for doing so. You will find health as long as you don't revert to any unhealthy dietary practices that cause weight gain.

I speak for others here when I say, we wish you luck!! Stick around, ask questions and let us know how you are doing.

GiGiBlue
11-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Annleslie, thank you so much for your response. You gave me the exact information I was looking for, plus more that I needed to hear. I appreciate it more than I can express. You gave your time and knowledge to help a complete stranger, and I feel blessed by your generosity.

The info about supplements/fiber is especially helpful. I'm tackling this from a health perspective, so that's very important to me. Thank you for that.

Reminding me that future alterations don't equal failure - that will also help me tremendously.

I'm very thankful for this forum. I'll be checking in regularly with progress updates. Thanks again! Do something nice for yourself today!

cocoisfit
11-06-2013, 01:04 PM
My doctor recommended Metamucil because she said "it moves the food through faster to reduce caloric absorption." Do you agree? Other than relieving constipation, would Metamucil function so well as a weight loss aid?

I have read about this and do think it's true. At the very least the fiber makes you feel full. I take it 3 times a day and it has really helped.

Ann, are you still rotating your beads?

Update: I've had a miserable past few weeks and basically went back to square one. The past week I've been perfect with *my* AW derivative plan and lost 6lbs! Needless to say I'm sticking with it since it's much easier for me.. No fatigue, I can workout and have ZERO cravings.

greenlights1
11-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a lifetime dieter, following in my mother's footsteps. Almost everyone in my family is overweight. I lost 100 lbs. 10 years ago, and regained it all within 3 years. I lost by eating healthy and exercising daily. Something clicked back then, and it seemed easy. But, like most chronic dieters, I wasn't prepared to make the long-terms changes necessary to maintain a slim and fit lifestyle. Now I'm post-menopausal and clinically obese. Dr Oz stated once that a PM woman has to be almost perfect to lose weight. I figured if I have to be perfect, I may as well do it fast with the bead diet. I mean, changing my diet will be hard, whether it's WW, Ideal Protein, or anything else, right? I'm ready for this. I know I can do this.

I will be receiving my starter kit this week. My concerns are mainly:

1) I read all 4 parts of this thread, and am somewhat concerned about the health safety of the diet. Has anyone had issues that last more than a few days? My digestion has been healthy, and would like to know if there are issues in that area.

2) For those of you who have lost a good deal of weight, how does your skin react to this regimen? I have always gained/lost in my face first, so I'm concerned that the fast lost / low protein will show up in sagging skin. May sound trivial, but it's a real concern.

3) For those who have met goal, do you feel healthy? Have you been able to keep the weight at bay?

4) Would you recommend this diet to a love one? Or is it just too hard?

Any information will be appreciated. Thank you all so much!

Hey GiGi! So, to talk about the health standpoint of it all, i've always had issues, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. I was borderline diabetic and have had some serious health issues and I'm only 23. However, due to my leg infection my doctors have been running a full scale of blood tests, i've been on the diet for almost 3 months now, and supposedly i'm healthier than i've ever been in my entire life. So while it's really REALLY frustrating at times, it's the only diet i've ever had success on. So far i've lost about 52 pounds, and haven't had any major skin issues.

Best of luck with starting up!! :) You can do it you just need a lot of willpower and patience.

Annleslie
11-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty proud of myself because through an imperfect couple of weeks, I haven't gained. There were moments when I didn't care and wanted to rush out to my favorite restaurants and gorge, but I didn't. I didn't move forward, but didn't go backwards either. So, I'm relieved the scale is still cooperating with me.

Regarding Metamucil, I'm pretty confused because there are a good number of people who claim they've GAINED weight with it. My doctor prescribed the capsule form so I can avoid sugars and artificial sweeteners, such as Aspartame which I hear can damage the brain. I'm starting slowly on these capsules and monitoring carefully because I don't want to retain water.

My nightly walks are inconvenient because the weather is so much cooler now. Also, I have to wait until my son is sleepy so he doesn't get too bored and restless in the stroller.

I'm on Milk today....AND Metamucil!

Annleslie
11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I know I can be critical of AW. I just want to say something positive in that AW has given me the rapid results I needed to feel encouraged to keep going even after downfalls. I've lost 40 lbs. since August 15th. I know I can always go back to AW to fix any dietary downfalls. That's good news for anyone who feels like giving up. Plus, because of the fast weight loss, I am more mobile and active. I'm going to keep going!

Annleslie
11-06-2013, 11:57 PM
cocoisfit:"Ann, are you still rotating your beads?"

No. I lost faith in that a couple of weeks ago.
I'm just sticking with the Milk and Veggies aspect of the program, and I feel pretty well now.

What are we all going to do when Thanksgiving comes? I have dinner reservations and I know there will be an abundance of food. I'm thinking that NOTHING is off-limits on this special occasion, HOWEVER, I will not overeat. I will eat WHAT I wish, but not TOO MUCH! I figure this means that I will have leftovers, which is fine with me. There will be time the following day to finish. I will not binge and make myself sick!

Once the celebration of food is over, I will resume basic AW with a Milk day, to which I'm certain to look forward after my fill of "normal" food.

Annleslie
11-07-2013, 12:01 AM
greenlights1: "So while it's really REALLY frustrating at times, it's the only diet i've ever had success on."

I second this! In my weight loss journey, nothing quite compares to AW and the success it brings.

I'm looking forward to one day reaching goal after continuous improvement, and transitioning into "normal" eating, again, knowing I can always correct gains with a couple of Milk days per week.

greenlights1
11-07-2013, 12:58 AM
I just wanted to share this, because lately i know this board is lacking some positivity, understandably.

I saw a friend today that i haven't seen in about a month and a half. I've been on AW since September, and i'm down now a little over 50lb, but i didn't tell him any of this before he got here.

The FIRST thing he said when he walked into the door, was "Holy crap, i almost didn't recognize you" and after another half hour of hanging out " you're even moving like you're thinner...keep this up girl, you look fantastic"

I think sometimes we have a hard time seeing the changes we know are happening, second guessing them, etc, but its moments like this that wind up restoring my faith in this diet, and its ability to work, despite the hard days.

cocoisfit
11-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Gigiblue,

Re: sagging skin issues

The last time I lost 70+ lbs on AW and had NO loose skin at all! I'm still convinced this is the only plan that can do that because I've google images of people who lost that much weight and many do look like shriveled raisins. The way I see it is this is the least of my problems and hopefully one that would correct itself just in case.

Good luck! Hope you continue to check in with us.

cocoisfit
11-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Annleslie,
The extra fiber will hold on to water but it's only temporary. Drink extra water to help "move it along."

Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away! LOL don't make yourself crazy thinking about it from now. My plan is to stick to AW and see. The worst is looking like the weirdo (overweight weirdo) who chose this day not to eat.. no one knows I'm on AW as not to sabotage. You can always switch if it lands on a milk day but you have to keep with the 1-1, then 2-2 etc.

greenlights1,
I LOVE AW! I've always said that and certainly wouldn't be torturing myself here if it wasn't the only weight loss plan that works. Period. BUT.. there are times when i get very discouraged. Just have to think about the goal and how fast i will get there. Thanks for reminding us :D Fantastic weight loss by the way! very inspiring!

Annleslie
11-07-2013, 04:31 PM
cocoisfit: "...no one knows I'm on AW as not to sabotage."

Ha! I don't tell anybody what I'm doing either. I have an ulterior motive though. I don't want anyone to believe that I was ever a lazy, gluttonous slob (sedentary overeater). I'm lying to people now and saying, "No, I haven't changed diet or exercise at all." Instead, I tell them that I simply stopped a course of medication.

Now, trust me when I say that these people are bullies and have always criticized me for my appearance. I don't mind sharing AW principles with kind strangers who ask for advice, but my family and friends don't need to know. They're too shallow!

Faith1130
11-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi Everyone! How are you?

I just started AW on 10/30, and will be changing my beads tonight. So far so good. I am actually glad that I found this forum. I helps to interact with others who are also on the diet and their experiences.

I read that someone here experienced vomiting, I did too during my first initials days but now I am much better. But the funny part is, I got my period 2 weeks early despite being on BC. I spoke to my counselor and she said its normal to experience this, so that relieved some of the stress.

I was wondering how has everyone's weight loss progression been? I mean when I started on 10/30 I weighed 154lbs, and in the first half of the 9days I had a dramatic weight loss, like 3lbs within the first 2days and then another 2-3lbs..but then towards the end I barely lost 2lbs...with a total loss of 7.8lbs in the first 9days...did anyone else experience this? I am worried that I won't loose anymore as it has progressively slowed down. And the scary part is I haven't changed anything to the diet and doing what AW recommends.

Thank you all for the support and lets kick some fat butt!

cocoisfit
11-08-2013, 09:57 AM
cocoisfit: "...no one knows I'm on AW as not to sabotage."

Ha! I don't tell anybody what I'm doing either. I have an ulterior motive though. I don't want anyone to believe that I was ever a lazy, gluttonous slob (sedentary overeater). I'm lying to people now and saying, "No, I haven't changed diet or exercise at all." Instead, I tell them that I simply stopped a course of medication.

Now, trust me when I say that these people are bullies and have always criticized me for my appearance. I don't mind sharing AW principles with kind strangers who ask for advice, but my family and friends don't need to know. They're too shallow!

Whatever works, right? Family really doesn't help. When I got down to a normal weight- and the reason i never finished to goal- the criticism really hit into high gear. Worse than the overweight comments, so be prepared.

cocoisfit
11-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi Everyone! How are you?

I just started AW on 10/30, and will be changing my beads tonight. So far so good. I am actually glad that I found this forum. I helps to interact with others who are also on the diet and their experiences.

I read that someone here experienced vomiting, I did too during my first initials days but now I am much better. But the funny part is, I got my period 2 weeks early despite being on BC. I spoke to my counselor and she said its normal to experience this, so that relieved some of the stress.

I was wondering how has everyone's weight loss progression been? I mean when I started on 10/30 I weighed 154lbs, and in the first half of the 9days I had a dramatic weight loss, like 3lbs within the first 2days and then another 2-3lbs..but then towards the end I barely lost 2lbs...with a total loss of 7.8lbs in the first 9days...did anyone else experience this? I am worried that I won't loose anymore as it has progressively slowed down. And the scary part is I haven't changed anything to the diet and doing what AW recommends.

Thank you all for the support and lets kick some fat butt!

Welcome, Faith! The initial loss will be greater because it's mostly water weight. After that expect an average of half a pound a day. Take your measurements. It's the best way to tell what's going on with the loss. Sometimes our bodies hold onto weight and it may appear we're not losing weight but the inches are still coming off.

Good luck!

GiGiBlue
11-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Annleslie, Coco, Greenlights - thank you all for the information. I'm so thankful you're here! Faith - I'm with you on kicking some fat butt!

11/08/13, Day 1: 230 / 230 / 140
Starting with milk day. Hungry, but it's not too bad…day 1, after all. Trying to focus on work and life in general. I know I can do this. Also not telling anyone (other than my husband, who placed the beads). Nobody's business, especially family. Lost an in-law "friendship" last time I lost a lot of weight. I understood, but that didn't make it any easier. It made me question myself and wonder if she ever really liked me at all. Who needs that? We're tough enough on ourselves, right?

Thanks again and congrats on such great changes you've made in your lives. Keep up the good work, all!

Faith1130
11-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Welcome, Faith! The initial loss will be greater because it's mostly water weight. After that expect an average of half a pound a day. Take your measurements. It's the best way to tell what's going on with the loss. Sometimes our bodies hold onto weight and it may appear we're not losing weight but the inches are still coming off.

Good luck!

Hi Coco! Thank you for the warm welcome and the letting me know what I can expect.

This morning I changed my beads, so now I am onto my second set, I honestly can't believe I survived these 9 days. But I must admit I do miss regular food. :(

Well, guess what...I finally vomited this morning. After changing my beads...I started my regular work, was sipping my herb tea and thought to take a multivitamin as I keep forgetting to take one and I guess it just didn't want to stay in within 10mins it was literally projectile vomiting of all the tea...good way to start my morning right guys?:^:

Faith1130
11-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Annleslie, Coco, Greenlights - thank you all for the information. I'm so thankful you're here! Faith - I'm with you on kicking some fat butt!

11/08/13, Day 1: 230 / 230 / 140
Starting with milk day. Hungry, but it's not too bad…day 1, after all. Trying to focus on work and life in general. I know I can do this. Also not telling anyone (other than my husband, who placed the beads). Nobody's business, especially family. Lost an in-law "friendship" last time I lost a lot of weight. I understood, but that didn't make it any easier. It made me question myself and wonder if she ever really liked me at all. Who needs that? We're tough enough on ourselves, right?

Thanks again and congrats on such great changes you've made in your lives. Keep up the good work, all!

Hi GiGi, the first and second day are the worst. I too started on milk day, and the second day was the worst, but you're right its manageable.

No one in my family knows except for my husband too (he also changes my beads), we have our anniversary coming up at the end of this month and I want the pictures to do the talking. I am a student, so the first thing everyone's concern is that don't exert yourself right now...but I like the idea of doing this while I am busy, time just flies by. Lets hope for the best.

Annleslie
11-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Welcome, Faith! Glad you're here. We all need more support, even if we are just commenting about our ups and downs.

Coco, I believe, mentioned not weighing everyday, especially on veggie days. I know AW asks you to weigh every other day. Even then, you can expect the numbers to fluctuate, which can be psychologically tormenting while you're sacrificing so much.

I talked to my favorite local nutritionist today and he told me with Metamucil you run the risk of damaging the villi of the intestinal tract if taken more than 2 weeks, and that can result in reduced metabolism. He said Flaxseed should be limited to 1 T. per day because it can remove hormones our bodies need for proper metabolism.

He recommended PGX Daily, a proprietary blend of fiber and beneficial fat that has been shown in studies to level blood sugar and doesn't have the potential side effect of the 2 fibers mentioned above, i.e. psyillium (Metamucil) and flaxseed.

He also said fiber should be taken 5-10 minutes before eating. Any sooner and it will be too far ahead of the food to be effective in reducing either caloric intake or absorption. After eating is too late as well. I'm ordering it from Amazon now.

GiGiBlue
11-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Annleslie - I'm ordering PGX Daily now also. Thank you!

Faith - You're right about Day 2.

Also, I'm thinking of paying for an apartment for my husband so I don't have to watch him eat or hear the complaints about cleaning up the kitchen after his dinner :-) We have a deal for the first few weeks - I don't have to shop, cook or clean for him. We'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone is enjoying some beautiful fall weather. It's gorgeous today in central Illinois!

greenlights1
11-09-2013, 06:40 PM
So they posted the Thanksgiving protocol on the website :) Good news!

I'm getting excited because thanks to AW i think within the next week or so i'll be hitting my 100lb loss, as a resulting combination of Weightwatchers for a few months, and then AW, which has brought me the majority of the way. I still have another 109 to lose.

I am slightly worried about the holidays though. I was able to get through halloween mostly, but i still indulged and had a reeses peanut butter cup that day. I'm in an extremely italian family, and lets just say we eat "well" on thanksgiving and christmas, but ESPECIALLY christmas.

Have any of you ever been through the big holidays on the diet? i know they're all a ways away, but i'm trying to pre-plan how i'm going to handle them, so any insight is worth it.

cocoisfit
11-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I talked to my favorite local nutritionist today and he told me with Metamucil you run the risk of damaging the villi of the intestinal tract if taken more than 2 weeks, and that can result in reduced metabolism. He said Flaxseed should be limited to 1 T. per day because it can remove hormones our bodies need for proper metabolism.

He recommended PGX Daily, a proprietary blend of fiber and beneficial fat that has been shown in studies to level blood sugar and doesn't have the potential side effect of the 2 fibers mentioned above, i.e. psyillium (Metamucil) and flaxseed.

He also said fiber should be taken 5-10 minutes before eating. Any sooner and it will be too far ahead of the food to be effective in reducing either caloric intake or absorption. After eating is too late as well. I'm ordering it from Amazon now.

Thanks for this info! Had no idea. After reading this I reduced my psyllium from 3x a day to 1x and gained 3lbs even after 2 perfect milk days! I know it's only water weight but the low food intake is causing the food to just sit there. I'm going to cut the dose by half and continue 3x a day until transition.

cocoisfit
11-11-2013, 11:07 AM
So they posted the Thanksgiving protocol on the website :) Good news!

I'm getting excited because thanks to AW i think within the next week or so i'll be hitting my 100lb loss, as a resulting combination of Weightwatchers for a few months, and then AW, which has brought me the majority of the way. I still have another 109 to lose.

I am slightly worried about the holidays though. I was able to get through halloween mostly, but i still indulged and had a reeses peanut butter cup that day. I'm in an extremely italian family, and lets just say we eat "well" on thanksgiving and christmas, but ESPECIALLY christmas.

Have any of you ever been through the big holidays on the diet? i know they're all a ways away, but i'm trying to pre-plan how i'm going to handle them, so any insight is worth it.

Congrats on hitting that milestone!! We have almost as much to lose. Just think by summer we will be at goal!

As for the holidays, remember they are just a few days out of an entire year. Plan in advance. Eat salad, then meat first. And fruits. By that time you should be full. And I never tell anyone I'm dieting just eat (or pretend to eat).

GiGiBlue
11-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Congrats on hitting that milestone!! We have almost as much to lose. Just think by summer we will be at goal!

As for the holidays, remember they are just a few days out of an entire year. Plan in advance. Eat salad, then meat first. And fruits. By that time you should be full. And I never tell anyone I'm dieting just eat (or pretend to eat).

Coco, I'm also keeping this to myself. Quick question: We're going to our in-laws for burgers and chips on a Milk Day. (They aren't cooks, and always have the same menu when we come). How do you handle that one? :?:

cocoisfit
11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Coco, I'm also keeping this to myself. Quick question: We're going to our in-laws for burgers and chips on a Milk Day. (They aren't cooks, and always have the same menu when we come). How do you handle that one? :?:

Take the milk shakes with you and make sure they have diet sodas. Or stop by and get starbucks or dunkin donuts. Do they know you're dieting? If not you can fake a tummy ache. I usually go with nausea.. no one wants to see vomit every where lol.. very unappetizing! Today I'm faking stomache virus at family dinner :D I'm planning on eating before I leave and having diet 7up there.

How did you do the weight goals under your username?

GiGiBlue
11-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Take the milk shakes with you and make sure they have diet sodas. Or stop by and get starbucks or dunkin donuts. Do they know you're dieting? If not you can fake a tummy ache. I usually go with nausea.. no one wants to see vomit every where lol.. very unappetizing! Today I'm faking stomache virus at family dinner :D I'm planning on eating before I leave and having diet 7up there.

How did you do the weight goals under your username?

Coco, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who thought of faking a tummy ache! I'm going to do that...Thanks!

To enter the weight goals, click on User CP at the top left, then it's under Edit Profile, and scroll down. It's under Additional Information.

Annleslie
11-13-2013, 04:39 PM
What to do about that flab around the waist?

Seriously, how many ab crunches does it take? The muscles underneath are not giving ANY definition to my abs or waist. So, while I now fit into my size 10 pants, the handles hang over the sides making it impossible to wear a form-fitting shirt.

I'm walking 2.5 hours a day, up and down hill, followed by toning exercises, but this flab won't budge. I can't say that I saw any results from taking Resveratrol either, which is supposed to target that area and improve body composition.

Does anyone have any effective solutions that aren't so painful?

GiGiBlue
11-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Annleslie, from what I've read, that's the last area to let go of fat. Just keep up the good work, and you'll see the results. Don't give up on your exercise - you should be very proud of your accomplishments! Can't wait to get into my size 10's... Do what the celebrities do - throw on a Spanx or other shaper. Nobody's perfect!

cocoisfit
11-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Very true. The abs are the first and last to show fat. You're doing a great job. Just think that area was held up with fat and now it's gone! We're not taking in enough protein to put on muscle yet but the toning exercises will help to keep the skin as tight as possible until then.

I'm almost squeezing into a size 12, which to me is the beginning of "normal" sizes.

greenlights1
11-15-2013, 01:21 AM
I totally get the idea of not really revealing that you're on a diet to your family...though i've been a lot more open about it with my friends. I started out feigning a stomach ache, but now My family knows that i'm doing AW, and i've mentioned to them some of the hardships but honestly i wish i hadn't, things i've asked them, simple things like "please keep the candy/cookies/etc that my 21 year old brother eats out of sight" become "well, you need to learn" and while i agree, but believe that not seeing it is better, its just not worth the fight.

However, i definitely couldn't get through this diet without my co-workers and friends knowing. having SOME sort of support system, regardless of the fact that it isn't my family, is important for me. A handful of my best friends have asked for specifics about the diet, and being able to tell them about everything, they appreciate what i'm doing because of how strict it is, and have gone out of their way to make healthier decisions when i'm around 90% of the time, though i'd never ask them to.

AW actually helped me get my most recent job. - My employer asked me "how are you as a self motivator" and i told him on a personal level that i've lost 86lbs since graduating college, he asked me how and i told him about AW, this was RIGHT after he told me they do "pizza fridays" at the office, he joked 2 seconds later and said "hey we have salads on pizza fridays too, maybe you'll get the whole office in shape!!" and later told me after i accepted the job that he's never met anyone so motivated in his life.

I don't think i could be on this diet if i had to keep it a total secret, especially on weak days it helps having friends you can call and say " you know that crazy hard diet i'm on....well i really want chocolate right now" and having them say "suck it up girl, you know how fast you're losing!! Just wait it out, chocolate will be there in a few months"

Not saying there's anything wrong with keeping it a secret, but i think we all could use support every now and then from people closer to us than this forum. food for thought :P

cocoisfit
11-16-2013, 11:45 AM
greenlights, you ARE amazing.. the poster child for AW. I was here when you started 2 months ago, right? That's unbelievable progress.

Last night I was searching for other forums or blogs for AW. People are really black and white about this diet. Sometimes I wonder if there are no fatalities because those who get very sick just quit before it gets serious. Then I was thinking if my body is just telling me it doesn't want this anymore. There was a post by Barbara and she said they do not provide medical services. First time I thought about it. And while it makes sense since they aren't doctors, if someone goes to them with a medical condition would they really know how serious it was?

Anyway, my weight came on so quick after the accident. The other day I was putting my boots on and just felt like I was wearing layers of clothes that needed to to come off. I need to get my butt in gear and take this more seriously and be done. The longer we are on the more dangerous it is for the body.

greenlights1
11-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Coco thanks so much, and I know, I just want to lose the weight and get back to normal but healthy eating habits. It's ridiculous how effective this diet is, but at the same time I really feel like being on it for so long can't be doing me any good. With the medication I've been on for this leg issue that I'm having, often fluctuating back-and-forth even while sticking to the diet completely is just getting really frustrating, but at the same time I feel like I can't let myself backslide now.

Annleslie
11-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Someone, someday is going to have to explain to me how is it that consuming 800 calories and fully digesting it can make the scale go up a pound, but that exercising off 800 calories doesn't make it go down a pound.

???? Having a bad few days with an abnoxious plateau. I'm tempted to do MORE milk days. Getting frustrated because I'm told my walks are no longer as effective as they were in the beginning in terms of burning off calories. How many hours do I need to walk each day? Geesh!

I just want to move the scale down enough to compensate for a Thanksgiving meal this Saturday.

Annleslie
11-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Another query...why are my boobs getting smaller and my calves getting larger? My actual question is...HOW DO I STOP THIS REDISTRIBUTION FROM HAPPENING?

(Weight loss is NOT fun!)

greenlights1
11-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Annleslie, i'm trying to figure this conundrum out too! I started walking again for my commute to my new job, which requires a lot of walking and a LOT of stairs. but it isnt effecting the right areas.

cocoisfit
11-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm confused. How much kelp noodles are we allowed?

Annleslie
11-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Kelp noodles? I thought they were free...of course, on vegetable days, only.

How's your progress, Coco?

FR1980
11-26-2013, 07:23 AM
My beads are literally embedded into my skin. I mean they actually made holes that they are sitting in. Is this normal? Dangerous? Concern for infection?

Annleslie
11-26-2013, 06:37 PM
fr1980, no, that's not normal. How long have you had this set in place? Remember, you are "gently" rotating them. If they haven't lacerated the skin, I doubt there is a health concern.

greenlights1
11-27-2013, 06:53 AM
i've had mine get "sore" from time to time but never indent my skin.

Annleslie
11-27-2013, 04:15 PM
I don't notice any difference when I use the beads in terms of curbing appetite or reducing hunger. I don't use them at this point.

I'm stalled again. I lose 2 pounds after 2 milk days...gain them back on veggie days. I'm craving nuts...pistachios. When can I eat normally again?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Annleslie
12-02-2013, 02:19 PM
coco, where r u? I assume everyone is busy with the holidays. :) I'd like to know your progress. I broke my plateau...finally, and weighed in this morning at 180. I hope to drop another 10 by January, anytime in January. No rush. My primary goal is NOT TO GAIN.

How is anyone else doing?

Someone recently told me that sauteed cabbage is so much better and tastier than boiled cabbage. I'm about to try this out and sautee some green shredded cabbage and onion in vegetable broth and Bragg's.

cyndibohn
12-04-2013, 06:08 PM
alright, well months after getting my starter kit i actually started today. i started with milk. its 5pm right now and i already finished my milk and im working on my gallon of water. 100lbs to lose in hopefully 6 months. i'm looking forward to having somewhere to complain. i mean, get support. haha.

Kate0469
12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Hello Everyone. I've been reading the posts on here over the past several days and ordered my kit on Monday. It should be here any day and I can't wait to start losing weight. I know this is a hard time to start, but I can't stand myself anymore and need to make changes now. I have about 60 pounds to lose and plan on posting here quite a bit for help and inspiration.

cyndibohn
12-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Hello Everyone. I've been reading the posts on here over the past several days and ordered my kit on Monday. It should be here any day and I can't wait to start losing weight. I know this is a hard time to start, but I can't stand myself anymore and need to make changes now. I have about 60 pounds to lose and plan on posting here quite a bit for help and inspiration.

I'm just starting too. People have called me crazy and told me to wait until Jan 1st, but no way. There's ALWAYS a birthday, holiday, get together, whatever. And making excuses is just that, excuses. No way, I'm done. I want this weight gone, NOW! :) I'm really glad you're starting too. It'll be nice to having someone on the same time frame. I'm on day 2. (or 3? since it's 5am. but I work nights.) and my head is pounding. I didn't get enough water in. Vowing to do better with that tomorrow.

Kate0469
12-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Well I have my beads and will start on Monday.

Cindi - how are you doing so far?

Annleslie
12-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Newcomers...welcome! This thread picks up and slows down periodically. You've caught us on a down...sorry.

Any questions? I'll do my best to offer recommendations. However, no matter how long anyone has been engaged with AW, there are challenges from beginning to end. I still have doubts and questions, too.

I just got a stationary bike and was wondering if anyone here knew how to get the best results without risking injury. I'm all about being efficient with minimum effort, maximum results in the shortest amount of time. Thus, why I am sticking with AW basics.

This bike is not the most comfortable piece of equipment in the world and while it's on probation with me (i.e. trial period), I'd like to see if I can get some rapid results which would help me decide if it's a keeper or not.

P.S. Exercise is not necessary on AW, supposedly, but helpful when you either hit a plateau or have to correct a cheat. ;)

Kate0469
12-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes things are slow here for sure right now. I hope everyone comes back. I'm starting tomorrow and reading the past posts is what convinced me to give this a try. I'll check in every day. I feel like I'm "breaking up" with food tonight and already knowing I'll miss it. I just have to remember that I won't miss the fat and the feeling of dread I walk around with every day.

cyndibohn
12-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Today is one week down and I lost 17lbs. Amazing. I'm having a really hard time on veggie days and I'm honestly barely eating those days. I just hate veggies. I've tried some different recipes and veggies I've never had before with no luck. I'm just gonna keep trying I guess but that's the hard part. I have no problem with a cup of whole milk so those days are simple. How's everyone?

Kate0469
12-11-2013, 11:19 PM
WOW! 17 pounds!! That is absolutely amazing. I'm on day 3 and struggling a little since this is my first milk day. I'm hungry but definitely do massage the beads enough today. I'll set a reminder on my phone to help keep better track of that.

What kind of veggies do you like Cindi? There are so many different ways to cook them. Hopefully you'll find a recipe you like.

Kate0469
12-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Just checking to see who's here and how everyone's doing. Hoping to find someone to do the diet with as a group.
The AW email thing didn't work out so well for me. :-/

Annleslie
12-14-2013, 03:10 AM
Hi, you 2! Kate, some say it's easier to control eating when you think of food as pure nutrition or fuel, rather than for pleasure or entertainment. In that regard, you'll be more apt to appreciate what you're putting into your mouth and body. It's an adjustment on mentality. Otherwise, thoughts generated by pleasurable food can be a slippery slope which made us overweight to begin with.

I hate plateaus. AW promises they won't happen, but they do. Weighing during plateaus is so psychologically frustrating. Therefore, I haven't weighed in 3 days. I'll jump on the scale, probably Monday and see if I broke my plateau.

I over-exercised today and my whole body feels like jelly. Should sleep well tonight.

Kate0469
12-15-2013, 06:43 PM
I fell off the wagon this weekend and feel so bad :( It began with going out to dinner Friday night (wasn't too bad). Then it started snowing Saturday evening and our neighbors and closest friends decided to have a "snow party" that started at 4 until midnight last night. I live in a neighborhood that socializes and has parties every weekend and it's gonna take a ton of will-power and commitment, especially during December, to stay on track.

With that said, I'm gonna start again tomorrow and worry about next weekend when the party starts again! Come on Janaury!!!

Annleslie
12-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Kate...don't feel badly, because your ambition will lead you to correct your path. You're doing well as long as you a) still desire to lose weight, and b) make progress. Perfection, according to AW terms, is irrelevant and mentally self-abusive. You are learning along the way what will make you lose, either a lot or less, maybe how to maintain which will be valuable when you get to transition, and that your will is too strong to give up. So, congratulations on deciding to bounce back from just a little break from AW, which is no big deal!!

If anyone read earlier posts from "Cocoisfit", she kept losing even after adding in some additional sources of protein (eggs and maybe protein shakes) which were crucial for her to remain healthy (mainly to halt hair loss) during weight loss. I, too, have an egg a day and an occasional protein shake or extra drink of milk at night time with a calcium/magnesium supplement to help my body regenerate while I'm sleeping.

Happy Winter Solstice, everyone! :)

cyndibohn
12-18-2013, 09:12 PM
I screwed up too. and I'm back to old habits, just eating and not just off plan, but the worst foods I can find. I don't know what happened. It's been like 4 days of crap, but I'm determined to get my head back on tomorrow morning. I won't mind when January shows up either.

Kate0469
12-21-2013, 12:52 AM
I finished by first round of beads and was very happy with the results. I've decided to make healthy choices and maintain the pounds I lost and start fresh with the next round of beads on Jan 1. I have several parties and holiday dinners to attend in the next 10 days and know I won't be able to stay on plan through all of them. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement Annleslie.

Cyndi, hang in there. We will do this!!! I won't mind January showing up either.

love yourself first
12-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Well, just going to jump In here.
Figured today is a good day to get back on track.
I have lots of history with accuweight, don't feel like going into the ups and downs, but suffice to say that I've had great success on this diet.....when I follow it!!!!
I am choosing today, before the New Year to start back on program. I am going to a NYE party, but I feel confident that I can stay on plan.
Milk day 1.
SW 188
GW 150

Here's to 38 pounds GONE BY THE SUMMER!!!!!!
Totally doable!!

Jen

love yourself first
01-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Some how, some way.... I stayed on plan for New Years!!!

Jen
Sw 188
Cw 185.6

Kate0469
01-02-2014, 01:05 AM
Congrats Jen! I tried the diet briefly in December but fell off the wagon and decided to start after the new year. Tomorrow will be day 1 for me. Let's do this. I have about 60 pounds to lose.

love yourself first
01-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Ok... Frigging a the story of my life.... Managed New Years but ate like a hog yesterday. (Sat)
So today's Sunday and I'm back on.
Milk #1
Here we go!!!!
I weigh in Wednesday and honestly, if I see any loss from the 185 I'll be ecstatic since I flubbed up yesterday.
3 days to be perfect.
Where's everyone else???
Kate, how'd your milk days go? You still on?
Jen

Kate0469
01-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm actually starting today. Have some family issues to handle over the weekend and was worried the stress/emotional eating would get me so I held off. Ready to go all in! Let's do this. Being fat is like a giant plague hanging over me and I need to make it vanish. :)

It's a new day and a new beginning. No worries about what we ate yesterday.

love yourself first
01-06-2014, 12:01 PM
True! I decided to do the same yesterday. Enjoyed some gift cards t Cheesecake Factory and decided today is start day. So far so good, I jut gotta drink more water!!!!
Jen

greenlights1
01-07-2014, 04:06 PM
i screwed up after thanksgiving, tried to get back on plan, then kind of floundered past christmas, but happy to say that as of yesterday i'm back on. I haven't really looked at the scale yet because i'm kind of afraid to see what i did to myself while i went off course, but i'm trying to convince myself that what matters is that i got back on the horse before it was too late.

I really wish there was an office in Brooklyn, or NYC area in general.

I hope you all did okay through the holidays, sorry for disappearing, i've been missing the support around here but was kind of ashamed to come back. :(

love yourself first
01-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Never be ashamed! I've left and come back so many times its ridicky donk.
You're back now, that's what matters.
Milk day 2 coming to a close... Another great day!
Jen

Kate0469
01-08-2014, 12:55 AM
I hope you ladies keep posting here. I desperately need the support too. Let's cheer each other on. I'm somewhat new to this and check in here every day.
I'm doing the long distance program so I know I have to be accountable to myself. It's a new year, what happened in December is over. :) Let's tackle this together.

love yourself first
01-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Veggie day 1
I always struggle on veggie days.
I think becaus Ethan temptation is always there but at least with the milk I do t have to actually cook anything.... But I'm not a fan of raw veggies so I have to actually prepare something. I'm going to chuck e cheese today with my littlest guy, and planning on having the salad bar, but oh my..... Their pizza is to die for. It will be taking every single ounce if my will power to not eat crust, a blob of cheese or a sliver of ANY. I actually have been repeating a little mantra every time I am staring a cheat in the face. I say, I AM STRONGER THAN FOOD. Sounds weird but in mind it's almost like a challenge that ill be damned if I lose!!!
I weighed today and eh..... It looks good from Mondays weigh in but not from last weeks. Oh well.
SW 188.0
CW 185.8

Slow, but progress. I have to keep thinking that the weight I lose here in 2 or 3 days is what people lose in a weeks time on other diets.... So it IS worth it.

Annleslie.... Where ya been?

Jen

Kate0469
01-10-2014, 12:15 AM
So how did everyone do today? I just finished a milk day and honestly I'm so hungry and can barely stand it. I didn't drink enough water today so maybe that's the problem. Another milk day tomorrow and I'm looking forward to fruits and veggies on Saturday :)

Kate0469
01-10-2014, 06:48 PM
OMG is it normal to be so hungry? My stomach is constantly growling and I'm starving. I just started on Monday and today is my 2nd milk day. I'm going to do my best to tolerate the hunger and not give in. I've gotta remember that I can tolerate this discomfort and break my food addiction. Does it get easier?

cyndibohn
01-10-2014, 08:47 PM
10 days into 2014 and i got it together and got back on plan. starting with milk because i despise veggie days. i wish i could do milk days forever. haha. my husband decided to start too, but he only needs to lose 20 lbs and hes a guy, so IF he sticks with it i'd bet he'd be done in 3 weeks tops. how's everyone making out? im thinking about trying green smoothies on veggie days, has anyone done that?

love yourself first
01-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Anyone with easy stuff for veggie days....
I'd be so thankful!!!
Jen

Kate0469
01-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Veggie days are my favorite! I usually slice fruit and dip it in the WF chocolate sauce. I like almost all veggies so it's pretty easy. Today I'm cooking cabbage with some veggie broth. I've also had diced tomatoes over spaghetti squash. Bags of frozen veggies that you steam in the bag are easy.

Kate0469
01-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi Cyndi. Glad to see you back. I was wondering how you were doing. This plan is much easier now that December is over.

cyndibohn
01-11-2014, 10:15 PM
its definitely easier with the holidays past. so much for all my big talk of getting through them. haha. but oh well. i didnt weigh in on my 1st day, so i think im just going to weigh in monday and then every monday from there to keep track. how are you doing back on the program so far?

Kate0469
01-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Other than being very hungry, it's going pretty well. I did have a few things I shouldn't have last night but nothing terrible. I was so hungry after the 2nd milk day I just cracked. I'm going to weigh myself Monday morning. That'll be one week since I started. On Friday I was down 5 pounds in five days. The part I need to work harder on is drinking enough water.

Cindi - how's the plan going over the weekend for you and your hubby?

Nostoppinusnow
02-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Hi! Day 7 for me and I'm down 12. Doing this remotely, no beads yet. I have a long way to go, 55 lbs, and my goal is to have them off by July 1.

I really appreciate all the experience sharing, especially the tweaks that have made this doable for people over a series of months.

If anyone is still coming here--it's been a whole month!-- I'll go ahead and add that veggie days are also my favorite. There's no way I could do smoothies, as I really need the solid food after 2 days of liquids. I like to mix raw and cooked veg--put roast zucchini/peppers/onions/cherry tomatoes over a salad, add in a few apple shreds from my daily one to a cabbage/carrot/beet salad...that was just today.

I hope everyone is sticking to their goals. It was the November issue of More magazine article, entitled "Suddenly, I'm Skinny" (won't put in link but you can Google) that brought me here.

The author, incidentally, describes the plan as "a cockamamie diet." And I have to agree. But who can argue with success? Like many, I want these lbs. off ASAP, like yesterday!

Nostoppinusnow
02-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Gee, I wish someone was here.

Not weighing now due to TOM, but tomorrow, day 10, Saturday, I may just do so after 2 milk days. I need a motivation boost, and nothing does it like seeing the scale go down.

But if it doesn't go down...got to be prepared with some good self-talk:

1. Have faith and keep going!
2. Body will respond in its own time--the system works!
3. A stall is always followed by a nice drop!
4. Eating off-plan is not going to solve any of your problems, and it will give you an additional one to deal with--FAT!
5. Getting this thing done means not deviating. Deviating means stretching out the time until you get to goal.
6. Thinking of eating? Grab the spare tire collection, no, the spare tires for the 18-wheeler wrapped around your middle. Keep grabbing. Now think about it. Do you really need off-plan food?

love yourself first
02-16-2014, 10:09 AM
hey! im here! glad to see someone else is too! im on and off this doet for a while now, but committing today (again) and hoping to do this once and for all by the summer....i have 30 pounds to lose....today is day 1 milk day.

not stopping, i had huge success on this diet after having my 4th baby. it works...you just have to be stronger than the temptations.

i have a hard time on veggie days and would love a beet recipe...i love beets!!

maybe we can both check in here....at least once a day??? ill keep in touch...

jen

Nostoppinusnow
02-17-2014, 02:06 AM
Hi, Jen!

Roasted beets: peel, cut into chunks, spray with Pam, sprinkle with sea salt, put in foil pouches in a 400 oven for an hour. Can also roast them whole with skins and peel them after. Lovely over a salad.

Borsch: shred them raw, add shredded carrots, onion, green cabbage . Cover with water, simmer for an hour. Top with chopped dill.

They're also nice boiled whole, peeled, sliced into rounds and topped with lemon juice in a salad. Or cubed, together with cubed cucumber, apple, celery, cooked cubed carrot.

You can tell I'm big on salad recipes?

My weight has bounced up quite a bit after two vegetable days, but as it's TOM and I violated the 6pm rule last night (with roasted brussels sprouts and half an apple--carby) I'm not going to sweat it, just keep on keeping on. Today is a milk day--I drink kefir instead of milk for the probiotics.

I have 4 kids too; I got down to pp weight after #4 (who is 6 now) via weight watchers but have drifted, then jumped up to a high weight and really, really am desperate to drop 40-50 lbs. by July 1. It sounds crazy but I'm ready to do what it takes.

Going to drink some water now. Thinking of trying Chi Gong exercises as well as breathing. Any experience?

ninam
02-17-2014, 09:14 PM
hi I am new to the forum. I have attempted to begin the program 2 times in the past 2 weeks. The first 5 days I was very successful and so happy when I weighed myself. Because of the happiness I got sloppy. I attempted to restart saturday, was pretty good for 2 days and failed again. I plan to begin again tomorrow; please any suggestions! Does the diet really work as far as transition and maintenance?????

love yourself first
02-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Nostoppin, THANK YOU for the recipes!!!

How are you? I'm doing ok. I keep having little slips which cause me to go absolutely crazy. Last night I mentally re committed, and am seriously praying for intervention when my minds says..... You have effed up, so go enjoy. I have to stop the mental beat downs. This diet works!!!! It's all or nothing..... And I have to accept that. Otherwise, I should go back to ww and lose a pound per week and be happy with that.
I do the diet without the beads.... I dont do the breathing either. Probably not great, but in some weird way, I live the torture.

Ninam... Dont give up. Ya throw enough �� against the wall.... Some is bound to stick!!!!

I have a big family party on April 21, that is live to be 20 pounds thinner for!
I will DO IT. I CAN do it.

love yourself first
02-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Anyone homeeeee?
Still chugging along here.
Sw 188.6
Cw 183.4
Day #4

Has anyone ever did their own variation of this diet? I know it is NOT
suggested or recommended, but, there's always a but....
I feel like by the second veggie day I'm a goner. So I'm doing two milk one veggie now to see how it works. Remember, I'm doing this on my own, so I'm following my own protocol. I KNOW. There's a method to the 2 and 2 but I'll never get there if I keep sabotaging myself on day 4.

Someone check in, please!!!

love yourself first
03-02-2014, 01:50 PM
This place is dead.... Everyone done here???

FR1980
03-02-2014, 02:25 PM
I am a little over 3 months into this diet with another organization which I won't name and I've lost 51 lbs. so far. That's great and all but now I am losing a lot of hair. This started about 3 weeks ago and has not stopped. It's getting worse and I'm getting more and more upset everyday.

Is anyone else having this problem? I started taking a multivitamin 2 weeks ago and this week I started taking a B complex vitamin.

cocoisfit
03-10-2014, 07:33 PM
How is everyone doing?

pattiluvshair
03-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Hi i am new here my first week i lost 7.8 lbs I found it hard i am really struggling with the milk days i hate milk ,the taste ,the texture also getting a few days of severe diarrhea? anyone have that too? thanks I feel this diet requires a support group, its not easy!!!

mar
04-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Hi how are you? I'm starting tomorrow and DEFINITELY need the support too! My mom has experienced diarrhea from milk days and Dr. Schwartz told her what to do about that. Perhaps you could give him a call. Congratulations on your weight loss too!

LeisamL95
05-12-2014, 05:39 PM
I have been on the bead diet for 11 weeks and have lost 48 pounds! I have had no issues following the plan but had to quickly separate "food" and "being social". I now can enjoy going out with my friends and drinking water or iced tea while they are eating. I think it's harder for them than me! lol Looking forward to the remainder of my weight coming off - 25 pounds to go! :carrot:

gertie214
09-17-2014, 02:50 PM
I am new to the diet, on my 4th week. I have cheated every weekend, but still lost 12 pounds. I want to know if anyone has figured out a "smart" way to cheat. do I keep cheating in between 12-6? do I still rotate beads?

Also, did I read somewhere earlier on the forum, that I can re-use my beads and just place them in the same location as the first week? Do I really need to order more?

AlyssaJoy
09-18-2014, 05:24 PM
I'll restart the discussion with you, Gertie. Or at least I'll do the best I can. :D This is my first day back posting after being gone for a long time due to pregnancy and child raising. :dizzy: I need to get a grip and get back to where I was before.

I'm no expert on the bead diet but I've done it a few times before and had great results! I lost all the weight I wanted and kept it off with east until I got pregnant. :D

I did some cheating, too. I'd hop off the diet (usually on the weekends) and hop right back on. I haven't read through my packet lately but if I recall correctly, they say to start back up with milk days after a cheat.

When I went off for a weekend, I didn't follow any rules or rotate my beads.

I never reordered beads and just kept reusing the ones I have. As you said, I'd just reused the same positions again and again.

This diet has really worked for me, even doing it in various modified ways. I'm halfway through my day already and have just decided to begin the diet again. I've already eaten a normal breakfast but I'll just start right now, midday. I don't even have my beads on yet. My hubby will put them on for me when he gets home from work.

How's your day going today, Gertie?

:bunny2:

love yourself first
09-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Hey guys ! I'm back on here!
Today is day 1 after a break...
Did atkins and VLC for the past few months and lost a few pounds.
Looking forward to getting another boost with the my milk and veggies!
Starting weight: 188.9
Current weight: 178.4
Goal weight: 159.0

Anyone around these parts???
Is there another more active group?

Jen

love yourself first
09-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Coco and Ann!
You guys were doing this plan together a few months ago!!!
Really curious to see where you are now????
Check in!
Jen

cocoisfit
09-30-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm so glad to see people back here. It's so much easier with a support group. Too bad they don't have an official forum. I took a break for a few months but got back on a few weeks ago.

Yes! Re-use your beads and diagrams. It still works.

Good luck! :carrot:

love yourself first
10-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Yay! Coco I'm back after a break too.
Today is my milk#1 cycle 2....
Gained a pound over the two veggie days but am expecting a drop tomorrow.
Where are you at this time around?
I said before, my stats look like this.
Original aw weight 189.0
Current weight (atkins) 177.0
Transition weight: 159.0
Ultimate goal weight: 149.0

gertie214
10-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Hi, I am sorry I have been out, I have not checked back on the board since I posted. I thought I would get emails to notify me when there was a response, but apparently not.

I have now lost 18 pounds so far. I want to go on transition because I don't want to pay for more sets of beads, but I also want to stay on the diet for a few more weeks to lose a few more pounds. I feel like I have to go on maintenance because of the weekly phone calls to tell my counselor what I did last week.

Does anyone have any advice for maintenance? Has anyone skipped maintenance and maintained weight by doing two milk days every week?

thanks for the input!

Suzanne 3FC
11-01-2014, 04:11 PM
We are closing this thread and would like to ask that any further discussion of the Accuweight Bead Diet be directed to their facebook page. We will no longer provide a support venue for this particular diet, due to the severe side effects experienced by our members who tried this program. If you must follow this plan, and you have given the exact diet program to your doctor for approval and monitoring, please do an internet search for the accuweight facebook page or their website and seek support there.

Thank you.