Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/3/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/3/2013

lisa32989
10-03-2013, 06:41 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Links to attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past week. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

sonolady
10-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Good morning all!!! Sending IP power to all!!!!!!! Down another bit, closer to P2, 100% alternatives for a week or so. I love this program it really works!!!

We ALL rock here!!!!!!

Have a glorious day!!!

vachinyc
10-03-2013, 07:22 AM
I love IP POWER ! Awesome thought to start the day.

Happy on plan Thursday all!

Getting ready to cut some veggies :)

slownsteady
10-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Good Morning Fellow IPers!!

Question: where do I find xantham gum, and how is it used? I've seen it mentioned to use as a thickener?

Lisa, I'm having half my protein for lunch today, and the other half for my dinner with rotini :) Such an easy solution that never crossed my mind. Duh! I like having a more substantial dinner when I get home from work, and I also like saving my last packet for a bedtime "snack" - a mocha smoothie with decaf - so this is the perfect solution to get my 3 packets in yet space things the most beneficially throughout the day.

Have a great day, everyone!

lisa32989
10-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Question: where do I find xantham gum, and how is it used? I've seen it mentioned to use as a thickener?!
I make my own pudding and soup packets ( because of no soy) and use it for the thickener.
I buy Bobs Red Mill brand at my supermarket
It is spelled xanthan

PurpleMomster
10-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Good morning all!!! Sending IP power to all!!!!!!! Down another bit, closer to P2, 100% alternatives for a week or so. I love this program it really works!!!

We ALL rock here!!!!!!

Have a glorious day!!!

Love IP Power! And congrats on getting closer to P2!

Happy Thursday all! Another day closer to the weekend - woohoo! I have my 1 week follow up with the eye surgeon this morning then a couple of meetings <yawn>.

Made a nice soup for lunch today - chicken broth from the last chicken I cooked with cabbage, peppers, zucchini, leeks and some fresh cilantro. Having that with potato puff rolls - yum!

Jo

Maxxy
10-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning all....I am off to a great and wonderful day. First of all, I hit my goal this morning (at least on my scale) and on my birthday! My kids bought me a Lulu Lemon outfit that was wayyyy too BIG and I need to exchange for a smaller size (that happens NEVER) and I don't look like a giant sausage stuffed in the pants.

DH is making me a special total IP approved dinner tonight.

Yup, I'm one lucky girl today!!! I have NEVER made goal on a weight loss program in my life!!!!

CrystalWolf
10-03-2013, 09:38 AM

We ALL rock here!!!!!!

Have a glorious day!!!
My favorite color and IP Power together, love it! You will be at goal in no time!!

Happy IP day all!

nolasmurf
10-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Good morning all....I am off to a great and wonderful day. First of all, I hit my goal this morning (at least on my scale) and on my birthday! My kids bought me a Lulu Lemon outfit that was wayyyy too BIG and I need to exchange for a smaller size (that happens NEVER) and I don't look like a giant sausage stuffed in the pants.

Yup, I'm one lucky girl today!!! I have NEVER made goal on a weight loss program in my life!!!!

conggrats!!!
:bravo:

AliExpat
10-03-2013, 09:55 AM

Congratulations Maxxy!!!! Well done!!!

Ruth Ann
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Congrats Maxxy! That is awesome!

AliExpat
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!!!

Yesterday we had torrential rain down here but this morning the sky is clear and sunny (which does WONDERS for my disposition, lol). Plus, when I woke up and looked in the mirror I am NOTICEABLY slimmer this morning (RIGHT ON!!!)

I had 4 songs rotating in my head this morning but the last one is "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities...been humming it since I got in the office.:o

Just finished swapping some IP food packets with my co-worker, lol. It was like we were kids swapping trading cards, hahahahaha!!! Our boss (a male) walked by and just shook his head, lol.

So far I've had a good start to my morning and I feel GREAT!!!

Congrats to all you Lovelies and have a great OP day!!!!!

eandc2006
10-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Congrats to everyone on their successes! IP is incredible!

If anyone has heard the quote of "the roots of education are bitter but the fruit is sweet" can relate that to this program. Its bitter at times and brings about a lot of challenges during the process. However, the end result, the fruit of your labor if you will is sweet and so satisfying, rewarding, and worth it!

YAY!

lisa32989
10-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Everyone:

Can you commit to ONE 100% on-plan day today? Absolutely no cheats whatsoever?
One thing leads to another...

You so totally made me smile today :smug: Your jubilance SPILLS off the screen!

I loved the "that happens never" comment and such a wonderful birthday present (goal)!

I have never reached goal on a diet either. I still haven't but I have every confidence b/c I have learned self-control (and I'm smaller than I've ever gotten)! You rocked this plan!

:bday2you:

And many, many, more!

GettinHealthyNow
10-03-2013, 10:15 AM
I am enjoying all the enthusiasm here - it is infectious! I have to go for a work lunch today - which I used to enjoy - but now it just makes me irritated because I have to miss my carefully allotted baggie of cucumbers and a protein drink! No worries though, I've already sussed out the menu where I'm going and have a plan, I'd just rather stay at my desk :)

Cherie2888
10-03-2013, 10:20 AM

Congratulations Maxxy and a very happy birthday to you! It sounds like you have a great supportive family.

GettinHealthyNow
10-03-2013, 10:22 AM
I was able to add my ticker to my profile today finally! Just testing now to see if this works.

ktgrrl
10-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Good Morning All!!

Firstly, super big congratulations to Maxxy!!! Woohoo!!! You did it! And I second what Lisa said, you can just feel the positive energy spilling from your post!! :bravo::congrat:

It looks like everyone is on plan and ready to go today! For me, I've got my plan and am sticking to it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

shrinkingsusie
10-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Good morning!!

Weigh-in 12 and down another 1.6!! My lowest loss yet (not complaining) but I have reached and passed (by .4 :p ) the 25 lbs by Halloween challenge!! So close to 50 lbs down and ONEderland that I can taste it, and it tastes like ideal protein! :p

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

sarahBell
10-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Congrats to all the losses and Inch removal!!!

I am going crazy this AM> We have a showing for our house tonight (realator called lastnight) and do you think my 2 older kids did boo to help start the clean up process? NO! *(^#&$(*&#*(@#$@!@! this house will not be ready ,if by 2 or so I don't have the big things done then we will cancel. What a great day

schenectady
10-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Congrats to all the losses and Inch removal!!!

I am going crazy this AM> We have a showing for our house tonight (realator called lastnight) and do you think my 2 older kids did boo to help start the clean up process? NO! *(^#&$(*&#*(@#$@!@!

sarahbell - We just went through 4 months of our house on the market and it was enough to push me right to the brink. I was the one home so all the responsibility to get ready was mine. It helped when son #2 went back to college because then there was one less mess, but I HATED it.

We had 2 agents who called for appointments who NEVER showed, ones who came an hour late and thought I would still be soooo happy to see them after I had packed up the dog and her belongings and waited somewhere away while waiting for them to supposedly see the house when they hadn't even gotten there yet! ARRGGHHH.

I am sorry that you are going through that - it is a really tough thing to have a house on the market. My thoughts and positive energies are with you. Hang in there and do not let those horrible negative things derail something that is all yours - staying strong and proud on this program to make yourself healthy and happy.

GettinHealthyNow
10-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I've been going through the FAQ's and archived posts but can't find the answer to this question - can anyone tell me if my herbal tea counts towards the daily water requirement, or is in addition to it? This is decaff 0/0/0 tea.

vachinyc
10-03-2013, 11:10 AM

So many things in this post are amazing! Congrats Maxxy!!!!!

Inspiration for all of us so thanks for sharing.

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

schenectady
10-03-2013, 11:12 AM
I've been going through the FAQ's and archived posts but can't find the answer to this question - can anyone tell me if my herbal tea counts towards the daily water requirement, or is in addition to it? This is decaff 0/0/0 tea.

Believe that decaf 0/0/0 is the same as water but would love to have anyone who has the official ruling on that.

nolasmurf
10-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Well I kicked that stall"s booty this week! I lost 5.25 lbs this week. :dancer:

I am feeling so great, my energy is through the roof and I've never slept so good.

Today I' m gonna pull all the bedding in the house to wash and line dry it. Its a sunny day but they said theres a storm forming in the gulf. :( THats gonna ruin the weekend!

Oh well , gotta focus on TODAY.

:D

Misstiff
10-03-2013, 11:15 AM

It does count toward your water in take. I asked my coach about it the day I started.

saskgirl
10-03-2013, 11:20 AM

That is so exciting!!
Happy birthday - and even better - happy goal day!!

GettinHealthyNow
10-03-2013, 11:20 AM
It does count toward your water in take. I asked my coach about it the day I started.

Thanks so much! Glad to have that confirmed.

GettinHealthyNow
10-03-2013, 11:24 AM

Congratulations! What a great day for you - very inspiring :carrot:

sarahBell
10-03-2013, 11:26 AM
sarahbell - We just went through 4 months of our house on the market and it was enough to push me right to the brink. I was the one home so all the responsibility to get ready was mine. It helped when son #2 went back to college because then there was one less mess, but I HATED it.

We had 2 agents who called for appointments who NEVER showed, ones who came an hour late and thought I would still be soooo happy to see them after I had packed up the dog and her belongings and waited somewhere away while waiting for them to supposedly see the house when they hadn't even gotten there yet! ARRGGHHH.

I am sorry that you are going through that - it is a really tough thing to have a house on the market. My thoughts and positive energies are with you. Hang in there and do not let those horrible negative things derail something that is all yours - staying strong and proud on this program to make yourself healthy and happy.

THANK YOU SO MUCH/ I just want to scream. DS will NOT enterain himself for 2 mins for me to do anything. I even turned on cartoons but he just hangs on me and cries until I sit and watch with him.

I am going to ask for a cleaning lady for my b-day. 3 days a week m-w-f nuff said

shannonhs
10-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Congratulations Maxxy on meeting your goal and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What a great birthday present to yourself!

Busy day at work for me. I'm really hoping to get all my water in as it is difficult when I am in and out of court all day and I don't like to drink it too late in the day for obvious reasons LOL

Have a great IP day everyone!

Deana509
10-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Good afternoon fellow IPers!
I have a little rant... so I ordered my food from my online clinic, and they had told me to ordder it with the same amount of time left to ship it as the first order took... and leave enough packets for that time frame, so I did that, and I was expecting my food to come in yesterday... Well, it didn't come in, so I emailed the clinic and my rep said that she was sending it out that afternoon because something I had ordered had just come in the previous day..... I was flabbergasted, they didn't even emaill me telling me there was a delay.... and now I don't think I have enough packets to last until this comes... luckly I've been reading on the alternatives page, and ill pick up a few things to last me....

lisa32989
10-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Good afternoon fellow IPers!
I have a little rant... so I ordered my food from my online clinic, and they had told me to ordder it with the same amount of time left to ship it as the first order took... and leave enough packets for that time frame, so I did that, and I was expecting my food to come in yesterday... Well, it didn't come in, so I emailed the clinic and my rep said that she was sending it out that afternoon because something I had ordered had just come in the previous day..... I was flabbergasted, they didn't even emaill me telling me there was a delay.... and now I don't think I have enough packets to last until this comes... luckly I've been reading on the alternatives page, and ill pick up a few things to last me....
Easiest is the EAS Carb Control shakes. They are sold just about everywhere (Target, Walmart, grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens & more)

ktgrrl
10-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Easiest is the EAS Carb Control shakes. They are sold just about everywhere (Target, Walmart, grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens & more)

And they're pretty yummy too! Personally, I'm partial to the cafe caramel, and DH likes the rich chocolate (I think it's pretty tasty too). Good Luck!!

sarita75
10-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Wow! Hello all! Congrats to all on losses and pushing through. Amazing work all! Curious Maxxy, do you mind saying what size you are at Lulu? I am fearful to go in and start trying stuff on. Fat-Self talking there.

I took the train to Sacramento last night to see my boyfriend. Arrived in time for dinner and we went out. It was hilarious ordering as we are both now doing IP and were like "no butter! No bread please!" and so forth. We were kind and the waiter got it and was really sweet. Anyhow, I love the train and I love my boyfriend, so it was fun to ride the train, studying and working, to see him - if only a night :-)

Happy Thursday all!

65X65
10-03-2013, 01:17 PM

Happy Birthday!! And a super big congrats on hitting goal...! Someone said ...if you saw it ...then taht number is REAL! And so true...your home scale will be the ruler you check at some point! And it probably can't be too far off from whatever your IP site's scale registers anyway....you'd already know they were not in close sync!
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::congrat:: cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

DJ72
10-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Good morning!!

Weigh-in 12 and down another 1.6!! My lowest loss yet (not complaining) but I have reached and passed (by .4 :p ) the 25 lbs by Halloween challenge!! So close to 50 lbs down and ONEderland that I can taste it, and it tastes like ideal protein! :p

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

You are doing awesome! And honestly, I usually only lost 1-2 lbs a week and that is a HEALTHY loss. So chin up pretty lady! And... You kicked that Halloween goal right through the forks! Great job!!!
Look at how much you have lost already. Think of that many pounds of butter and then you get it!
AMAZING!

DJ72
10-03-2013, 01:22 PM
And MAXXY... Happy Belated. You truly are an inspiration in so many ways!

Tuscany123
10-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Hello all! Day 4 of my staycation with the kids. We've been having lots of fun. Our trip to the Grand Canyon has been delayed obviously, but we are still finding plenty to do.

Today will be an NSV day for me. We have a pot luck to go to tonight, and I am making 3 pumpkin pies with the kids to take. Pumpkin is a real weakness for me, I love it in all its forms: pies, coffee creamer, lattes, pumpkin bread, I don't think you can go wrong with pumpkin! But today I will bake and watch everyone else enjoy and won't eat a crumb! Looking forward to being fully in Ph 4 by the 1st week in Dec, and then I can enjoy the fruits of my labors!

I am saving a Quest bar for later, I shall dream of that while I bake! :D

Love reading all the positive posts on here today. To my friends in the Gulf, please be prepared! :hug:

schenectady
10-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I took the train to Sacramento last night to see my boyfriend. Arrived in time for dinner and we went out. It was hilarious ordering as we are both now doing IP and were like "no butter! No bread please!" and so forth. We were kind and the waiter got it and was really sweet.
Happy Thursday all!

I laugh when I read your description of dinner because it can be so fun to order for IP - telling you want an item on the menu but minus this and minus this a minus this until there isn't truly much left.

We ate out last night and I ordered a half salad (have never done that before) with tuna, no dressing, no cheese, no croutons - you get the picture. It is so nice when it arrives just the way it is wanted.

If you are nice and sweet about it, but determined, eating out is becoming better and better and I am not denying my husband his desired meal.

lisa32989
10-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Hello all! Day 4 of my staycation with the kids. We've been having lots of fun. Our trip to the Grand Canyon has been delayed obviously, but we are still finding plenty to do.

Today will be an NSV day for me. We have a pot luck to go to tonight, and I am making 3 pumpkin pies with the kids to take. Pumpkin is a real weakness for me, I love it in all its forms: pies, coffee creamer, lattes, pumpkin bread, I don't think you can go wrong with pumpkin! But today I will bake and watch everyone else enjoy and won't eat a crumb! Looking forward to being fully in Ph 4 by the 1st week in Dec, and then I can enjoy the fruits of my labors!

I am saving a Quest bar for later, I shall dream of that while I bake! :D

Too bad there isn't a Quest pumpkin bar! I'd be all over that & have actually suggested it. Their last 3 were chocolate (well, one was white choc, which personally I don't think counts ;))

Have you tried the muffins with the pumpkin pie spice yet? It won't satisfy the actual pumpkin flavor/texture but it might get you "thru"

Luckily, all this restriction is temporary on P1-2. Pumpkin could be a fruit in P3 :)

And don't forget, even in P4, we can't overindulge or we end up right back where we started! Bethenny Frankel (skinny biotch that she is!) says taste everything but eat nothing. I like that. In maintenance, I shall taste the "bad" stuff but not eat it all.

dak1lls
10-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Maxxy: Happy Birthday and Happy Goal Day! Congrats to you! I know it is a wonderful feeling. You have a contagious attitude. So inspiring!

sarita: It is so sweet to hear you talk about your BF and how much you love being with him! I still feel that way after 28 years, and it helps even more that I feel better about myself. I have family in Lincoln, CA, so wave hello from the train!

Deana: one of my decisions to switch to alternatives was due to my clinic always being out of my favorite products. Also, I just felt let down by the lack of coaching and misinformation I was given. Hopefully this will resolve for you and they won't leave you hanging again. The EAS drinks are a great go to.

Tuscany: I love pumpkin too! I plan to have a delicious piece of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. Just one!

Congrats to everyone on their victories today and lots of good thoughts are sent to everyone to stay OP.

rogers13
10-03-2013, 01:48 PM

We ALL rock here!!!!!!

Have a glorious day!!!

What alternative products are you using?

Tuscany123
10-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Lisa yes Quest Pumpkin would be da bomb! Don't worry, I will keep to plan even in Ph 4. One slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream will be on my treat day of the week!!! Thanks for looking out for me xx

Deana That sucks! And what poor customer service not to notify you of the delay. Now your clinic runs the risk of losing you to Alternatives forever, their bad! Luckily you are getting great advice on how to substitute until your shipment arrives, let us know how you do!

shrinkingsusie
10-03-2013, 01:52 PM

Happy Birthday to you, and congratulations! You gave yourself the best birthday present a girl could ask for!! Way to go!!

relocatingtohealthy
10-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon IP friends

WOW there are so many inspiring posts today! Congrats and happy birthday Maxxy!! I'm down another 3 pounds today and am so excited!! My husband is working on the other side of the country right now and won't be home until Christmas. I can't wait to see his face when he sees my weight loss!!��. he has no idea I'm doing this right now, so that provides a ton of motivation and excitement for me! Have a wonderful day all

Candace

CrystalWolf
10-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY northern neighbor Maxxy!

Maxxy
10-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Wow! Hello all! Congrats to all on losses and pushing through. Amazing work all! Curious Maxxy, do you mind saying what size you are at Lulu? I am fearful to go in and start trying stuff on. Fat-Self talking there.

I took the train to Sacramento last night to see my boyfriend. Arrived in time for dinner and we went out. It was hilarious ordering as we are both now doing IP and were like "no butter! No bread please!" and so forth. We were kind and the waiter got it and was really sweet. Anyhow, I love the train and I love my boyfriend, so it was fun to ride the train, studying and working, to see him - if only a night :-)

Happy Thursday all!

My new pants were a size 8 at Lulu. The jacket was a 10. They have the strangest sizes!! :)

Deana509
10-03-2013, 03:05 PM
My clinic called and appologized profusely for not getting my food out in a timely manner, and since i'm "running out of food by tomorrow" (even though I went out and bought some of the EAS carb control, and some Quest bars), they are overnight shipping me some packets to cover me until my order arrives, and If I understood her right, they aren't charging me for those packets or the overnight shipping charges... So at least they are correcting their mistake.
Happy OP day everyone!

Maxxy
10-03-2013, 03:06 PM
And MAXXY... Happy Belated. You truly are an inspiration in so many ways!

Thanks, I have never considered myself an inspiration but I feel so great right now about so much, that if I can help motivate someone else to do what I considered the impossible (that being hit a goal), I will be there.

I know that goals can be achieved, without too much overthinking. I still can't do all the calculations that some do with carbs etc etc. I just followed my one page bible, ate what the sheet said I could, had my snacks, even the restricted and DID NOT CHEAT!

After week 2, it was easy peezy! Now to maintain during vacation and possibly lower my goal by 10lbs when I get back. One day at a time....;)

Tuscany123
10-03-2013, 03:06 PM
My clinic called and appologized profusely for not getting my food out in a timely manner, and since i'm "running out of food by tomorrow" (even though I went out and bought some of the EAS carb control, and some Quest bars), they are overnight shipping me some packets to cover me until my order arrives, and If I understood her right, they aren't charging me for those packets or the overnight shipping charges... So at least they are correcting their mistake.
Happy OP day everyone!
Wow! That's fantastic :carrot:

Not 2 old 4 skinny
10-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi all, I'm a newbie, will have my first week WI tomorrow, feeling good and look forward to the scale at their office. Mine at home is going down. :). Love seeing all the encouraging remarks and success everyone is having. Will look back at more posts and try to catch up. Stay strong. :cheer: and thanks. Carolee

Scofflaw1
10-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi All. Day four for me, and still OP. Still getting headaches, which is weird to me, since the first time I did IP I only got them the first 2 days. That's ok, still not deterred. :P
I'm trying not to be too stressed with school. I go to art school full time, four classes a week for a total of 16 hours, work 20 hours a week and also volunteer about once a week for a couple hours. Then my projects take anywhere from 4-8 hours a week each (four projects.) So I have a lot on my plate, and I'm not totally mad at myself for gaining all this weight back, I have to learn to forgive myself and move on. My goal is to get to 150 by December, not cheat at all during Christmas, and keep chugging at school. Only one year left! Thanks for listening.

shannonhs
10-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Just when you feel like you're doing good, you get a reminder of how far you have to go. Last week, someone took my photo without my consent (I hate posing for pictures). Today, I saw that it has been posted in a public place. And it is an awful picture - my eyes are half-closed and my face looks so chubby still - my dh and friend were telling me that my weight loss is noticeable in my face - obviously I still have a ways to go. Well, I knew that, I just didn't need the public reminder.

If I look at the positive side, I guess I can use the picture for motivation to keep on going.....

schenectady
10-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Just when you feel like you're doing good, you get a reminder of how far you have to go. Last week, someone took my photo . Today, I saw that it has been posted in a public place. And it is an awful picture - my eyes are half-closed and my face looks so chubby still - my dh and friend were telling me that my weight loss is noticeable in my face - obviously I still have a ways to go. Well, I knew that, I just didn't need the public reminder.

If I look at the positive side, I guess I can use the picture for motivation to keep on going.....

First of all, shannonhs, rarely do we look at someone else's picture and seriously think "Wow, she looks really gross!". Others are not as intense looking at pictures of us as we are ourselves. I would say let it go, use it as inspiration AND

take a look at yourself in a mirror and notice the GOOD ways in which you have changed. You have lost a fair amount so your face must be slimmer, your stomach must be flatter, maybe your rear is smaller, whatever. I regularly do that survey to remind myself of what I HAVE DONE and do not worry about what there is still to do, except as an assessment of what I want to achieve next.

MelissaKate73
10-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Congratulations and happy birthday, Maxxy!
And congrats to Shrinkingsusie as well!
Great motivation for all of us newbies. Today is day #3, and the headache continues. I've been 100% op, and I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life that I have not cheated (or even quit) a diet by now. And my resolve is still strong. Yesterday the food cravings were pretty bad, but it wasn't nearly as hard to resist them as I'd thought it would be. My only complaints are having to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME and the headache....both of wish are only minor inconveniences.

When does the headache usually go away, though?

DJ72
10-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Great motivation for all of us newbies. Today is day #3, and the headache continues. I've been 100% op, and I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life that I have not cheated (or even quit) a diet by now. And my resolve is still strong. Yesterday the food cravings were pretty bad, but it wasn't nearly as hard to resist them as I'd thought it would be. My only complaints are having to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME and the headache....both of wish are only minor inconveniences.

Hi! The first time I did IP I had nasty headaches for the first week. No matter how much extra water or salt I took in, they were there... Booming inside my head. I totally blame it on carb/ sugar withdrawal! This time around I weaned myself off carbs for the week prior to starting and do far so good!
I AM ON DAY 3 AS WELL!!!! Yaaaay Us!

dak1lls
10-03-2013, 06:20 PM

I think I ate every carb I could get my hands on prior to starting IP. Boy did I pay for it the first week. I had headaches and was quite nauseated til week 2. I had a few headaches the second week but felt much better than week 1. I also was so tired and I definitely had to eat my meals every 3-4 hours. If I went any longer I would just feel so sick.

It does get better pretty quickly so hang tough. Way to stay OP! I suggest just keeping the water flowing and although the salt may not help during these first days, I have found that putting a little in the palm of my hand and licking it and sipping water til it is gone has helped many a headache for me. Some coaches recommend an additional unrestricted packet the first week to help as well. I have taken to eating a hard boiled egg when I feel ravenously hungry and I just reduce my protein at dinner, unless I have done a lot of physical activity, then I just eat the extra protein.

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

MelissaKate73
10-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks, y'all! I tried drinking some salt water today, but like you said, it didn't really help much. I was a total carb whore :), so I'm sure that's why the headache won't go away. Congrats on surviving day 3, too dj72! And dak1lls, your avatar photo is inspiring! You look fantastic!!!

relocatingtohealthy
10-03-2013, 06:39 PM
*carb whore! Hilarious!!!

relocatingtohealthy
10-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Schenectady -- looks like our starting weights were about the same and we have about the same goal!!! Nice to share the adventure to healthy together ����

Zictory75
10-03-2013, 08:07 PM
I make my own pudding and soup packets ( because of no soy) and use it for the thickener.
I buy Bobs Red Mill brand at my supermarket
It is spelled xanthan

How do you make your own pudding....oh this would make my day to know!

DJ72
10-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks, y'all! I tried drinking some salt water today, but like you said, it didn't really help much. I was a total carb whore :), so I'm sure that's why the headache won't go away. Congrats on surviving day 3, too dj72! And dak1lls, your avatar photo is inspiring! You look fantastic!!!

:DROTFLMAO. Carb whore!!!!! I loooove it. Me too. Guilty as charged! I didn't get this fat from stuffing my face with celery!
Thanks for the giggle!

nolasmurf
10-03-2013, 08:11 PM
so call me crazy..... My sweetie and his sis and her bf are doing the warrior dash next week. They convinced me to sign up too. Since they don't plan running it I gave in. I'm going to avoid the obstacles that are too hard or crazy but I'm thinking I'll be fine. Will be prepared with extra packets. LOL wish me luck

Deana509
10-03-2013, 08:18 PM
So I'm trying not to psych myself out, but I am concerned that my dinner was comprimised by the sauce on the plate.... I went to this fancy presentation dinner, and of course the only thing in the whole meal I could eat was the sirloin steak (Also served Mash Potatoes and green beans with some kind of sweet sauce and peppers, so I didnt touch those) and I cut into my steak, and realized it was laying in a puddle of gravy or sauce.... I scraped as much of the sauce off as possible and moved things around on the plate so it wasnt touching anything else, but I really hope that I got most of that sauce off... it wasnt sweet, so I think it was a light beef gravy.... Grrrr, But I think I got the most of it off though....

Addy
10-03-2013, 08:18 PM

Congrats to you!! You should be floating on air :)

sonolady
10-03-2013, 08:31 PM
rogers13 I have been using some Proti Diet, Proti thin, Health Smart and Designer Whey shakes. Many people here do the same, NashuaNutritian.com is where we buy them from. I think I was 100% IP for the first month and then started subbing other items.

Addy
10-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Too bad there isn't a Quest pumpkin bar! I'd be all over that & have actually suggested it. Their last 3 were chocolate (well, one was white choc, which personally I don't think counts ;))

Have you tried the muffins with the pumpkin pie spice yet? It won't satisfy the actual pumpkin flavor/texture but it might get you "thru"

Luckily, all this restriction is temporary on P1-2. Pumpkin could be a fruit in P3 :)

And don't forget, even in P4, we can't overindulge or we end up right back where we started! Bethenny Frankel (skinny biotch that she is!) says taste everything but eat nothing. I like that. In maintenance, I shall taste the "bad" stuff but not eat it all.

I love Pumpkin too, almost cried when Starbucks sent me a card for a free PSL. *sigh*

I love the quote from Bethenny Frankel! It's something I will do this time around. I don't want to be back where I started. Thanks for posting that Lisa.

kkids
10-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Watching the weather & thinking about those in the area of the Atlas storm - lots of snow predicted. Then I'm watching the Gulf & thinking all the decorations have to come indoors, hoping the fall garden survives the onslaught of rain that I'm sure TS Karen will bring us. Nolasmurf...it's either your area or mine (I live on the east side of Mobile Bay). I'm predicting a big rainmaker & hopefully nothing else.

Addy
10-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey Deana, In my honest opinion, I think you have done the very best you can in a tough situation. Don't stress it, you are doing fantastic!

PurpleMomster
10-03-2013, 09:00 PM

Woohoo, WTG and Happy Birthday!!!

Jo

lisa32989
10-03-2013, 09:04 PM
So I'm trying not to psych myself out, but I am concerned that my dinner was comprimised by the sauce on the plate.... I went to this fancy presentation dinner, and of course the only thing in the whole meal I could eat was the sirloin steak (Also served Mash Potatoes and green beans with some kind of sweet sauce and peppers, so I didnt touch those) and I cut into my steak, and realized it was laying in a puddle of gravy or sauce.... I scraped as much of the sauce off as possible and moved things around on the plate so it wasnt touching anything else, but I really hope that I got most of that sauce off... it wasnt sweet, so I think it was a light beef gravy.... Grrrr, But I think I got the most of it off though....
You did great! Deep breaths. All is well.

nolasmurf
10-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Watching the weather & thinking about those in the area of the Atlas storm - lots of snow predicted. Then I'm watching the Gulf & thinking all the decorations have to come indoors, hoping the fall garden survives the onslaught of rain that I'm sure TS Karen will bring us. Nolasmurf...it's either your area or mine (I live on the east side of Mobile Bay). I'm predicting a big rainmaker & hopefully nothing else.

yup its just gonna put a damper on the weekend! It'll rain buckets and blow a little wind. I'm not too terribly worried about it. It drives me insane when something starts to develop and then folks start freaking about way early. Then nothing happens.

slownsteady
10-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Good morning all....I am off to a great and wonderful day. First of all, I hit my goal this morning (at least on my scale) and on my birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday and I am SO thrilled for you for reaching GOAL!! You must be floating on air today!!

I know that goals can be achieved, without too much overthinking. I just followed my one page bible, ate what the sheet said I could, and DID NOT CHEAT! One day at a time....;)

My mantra! :)

Good afternoon IP friends

WOW there are so many inspiring posts today! Congrats and happy birthday Maxxy!! I'm down another 3 pounds today and am so excited!! My husband is working on the other side of the country right now and won't be home until Christmas. I can't wait to see his face when he sees my weight loss!!��. he has no idea I'm doing this right now, so that provides a ton of motivation and excitement for me! Have a wonderful day all

Candace

Just the thought of how motivating this would be, makes me so happy for you! That will be a great Christmas present for both of you!!

sonolady
10-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Maxxy Happy Birthday!!! And congrats on hitting goal!!! Way to go IP POWER

sonolady
10-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Good night all, out with the dogs and to bed, 5:30 am comes early!

lisa32989
10-03-2013, 09:44 PM
My day

I was at work trying to convince myself I NEEDED a Quest bar, when all of a sudden I realized my LUNCH was sitting in my lunch bag. It was 2 pm and I hadn't eaten lunch yet! No wonder I wanted a Quest bar! Ate lunch (potato/zucchini rolls & cucumber) & moved on.

The "inner fat chick" is insidious. She's hiding out waiting to sabatage no matter how long you've been OP. Watch out for the big biotch.

Met DH for a late dinner while we watched the Cards win game 1 (actually, they had it pretty well wrapped up while I was still at PT...game was on there too...this IS a sports town!)

Tonite I was so excited to try the limited edition Pumpkin Spice RTD from GNC. meh :p. Tastes very um..."vitaminy" to me. I'll have to figure out a "fix" for the other ones I have (or just use as coffee "cream" and chalk it all up to a mistake...)

kkids
10-03-2013, 10:08 PM
yup its just gonna put a damper on the weekend! It'll rain buckets and blow a little wind. I'm not too terribly worried about it. It drives me insane when something starts to develop and then folks start freaking about way early. Then nothing happens.

DH said people were already lined up getting gas & he works in a grocery store - some are already stocking up. Most I'll stock up on might be some redbox movies b/c I just don't think I'll get out in the rain. DS was supposed to work at the corn maze this weekend...guess it might not open - oh well.

1LittleStar
10-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for the ideas about the pumpkin spice zucchini muffins. I made two kinds - one using vanilla pudding and one using butterscotch pudding. Have a look at my blog for recipes and review.

Good night to all, and have a great Friday!

65X65
10-03-2013, 10:19 PM
My day

Tonite I was so excited to try the limited edition Pumpkin Spice RTD from GNC. meh :p. Tastes very um..."vitaminy" to me. I'll have to figure out a "fix" for the other ones I have (or just use as coffee "cream" and chalk it all up to a mistake...)

Found some tonight as well... Only bought 2 ...
They only had a few singles and were priced buy one get one 1/2. Have not tried yet... Hmmmm ...
Will try one in coffee tomorrow... And "weigh" with my vote.

PurpleMomster
10-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks to everyone for the ideas about the pumpkin spice zucchini muffins. I made two kinds - one using vanilla pudding and one using butterscotch pudding. Have a look at my blog for recipes and review.

Good night to all, and have a great Friday!

Yum, can't wait to try it now :)

Jo