Old 10-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default In Phase 1, Help with Veges PLEASE!

Hi
I didnt create a profile yet bc i gotta get run to try on bridemaid dress but i just signed joined and am in desperate need of vegetable ideas right now. When I get home i am already dreading eating the cucumber and mushrooms again. I have an entire head of broccolii and cauliflower. Last night i tried to make cauliflower taste like fried rice...it didnt.

Any simple recipe suggestions for our 2 cups veges per meal would be great.
Also when you m
easure things like spinach are you putting it into a measuring cup and packing it it?

I just bought bok choy...i am putting soy sauce on every vege for flavor and dreading that too right now.

Thanks for help.
SweetTemptations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I made a huge chicken stir fry tonight (enough for protein for 3 days). I put in broccoli, peppers, celery, mushrooms, scallion, zucchini (yellow and green), sometimes I use bok choy. I cooked the chicken first, added ginger, garlic and a little salt, a couple of splashes of tamari, and voila, it was yummy.

A lot of people put spinach in a shake in the morning. You can also add zucchini to a lot of packets and bake it.

The threads are an invaluable resource for recipes.
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTemptations View Post
Hi
I didnt create a profile yet bc i gotta get run to try on bridemaid dress but i just signed joined and am in desperate need of vegetable ideas right now. When I get home i am already dreading eating the cucumber and mushrooms again. I have an entire head of broccolii and cauliflower. Last night i tried to make cauliflower taste like fried rice...it didnt.

Any simple recipe suggestions for our 2 cups veges per meal would be great.
Also when you m
easure things like spinach are you putting it into a measuring cup and packing it it?

I just bought bok choy...i am putting soy sauce on every vege for flavor and dreading that too right now.

Thanks for help.
Try roasting the broccoli and cauliflower...there are LOTS of recipes on line...and you can also add asparagus and chunks of zuchini and mushroom and bell peppers. Season to your liking...then check some on line sources for the time and temperature.

Also try cutting raw strips of the different colored bell peppers, celery, radishes and zuchinni. They are pretty good to have on hand too! I like them shaken in a bag with a little salt, fresh pepper and garlic powder as seasoning and think they are also good cut smaller and on hand ready to measure and be tossed on top of a salad to get your 2 C in. Over the summer raw veggies were more palatable to me but last winter I really enjoyed roasting them. No matter...you'll want variety and need to try them all sorts of ways. Lots of ideas here!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #4  

thanks for responses

Got home and steamed broccoli in the bag and cooked mushrooms with salt n pepper, then made burgers with chipolte.

Still need more ideas for veges as I've used garlic, ginger, soy and just looking for something different.

So far this is a super easy diet. I love the chocolate shakes but been having trouble with the soups something about them im not sure if its just too much soup but i get 3/4 though the bowl and im done.

Today, an aquaintance noticed i lost weight. I havent noticed much but Im down 4 pounds. Losing 1.5-2 lbs a week. In my 3rd week and have my best friends wedding on sunday so i know im going to eat and have a nice glass of wine.
SweetTemptations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/180/160

Height: 5'7

The broccoli and cauliflower roasted in the over are AMAZING! I eat them everyday. Just chop, sprinkle with your EVOO, garlic powder, and salt and roast at 375 for 30-40 minutes until they start to brown. I used to get so sick of broccoli but like this, I can eat it every day!
vanishingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/IP303/197/135

Height: 5'3"

I struggled with veggies at the start too. I finally found that if I chop them superfine (I use a slap chopper) and make a soup, I don't even taste the veggies. I use chicken broth for the base and add garlic, leeks, cabbage, peppers, cauliflower, etc (whatever I have in the fridge) and season to taste. Make sure you measure the veggies before chopping so you know how many servings you made.
Cherie2888 is offline   Reply With Quote