Old 10-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #1  

Default Anyone gaine weight when they started excersing?

I havent excersied in a looooong time! So last week during my first week of metaslim, I started walking with the kids and hubby and dog.... about a mile a day plus doing my elliptical 25 minutes a day. I am up 2 pounds this week. Is it because of the excersing? I am doing everything on the meal plan correctly. I do feel my muscles super tight and sore. I am not getting discouraged yet because I think its muscle weight but hope to see a drop next week!!!!!
clarissairene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I was told a walk would be ok while on program, but that I should NOT exercise strenuously as it would put my body into starvation mode and make me gain weight...

I am not saying that is what is happening to you. and Yes, muscle does weigh more than fat.
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #3  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

I totally agree with lady67, I was told walking was okay, but I started doing more and gained 2-3 lbs so I went back to walking only. But we are all different so maybe next week you will be down the 2lbs
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I gained weight when I increased my exercise level but I think a lot of it was not increasing my water along with it. It seems like I do better when I give myself a day off of exercise (I teach Zumba) and then go back the next day.

Make sure if you are exercising that you are getting in your required amounts of water, just in case. I generally FEEL better when I work out, but I think it hinders my water intake and also I tend to eat dinner later after I teach, which isn't good.
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/179/155

Height: 5'8"

I didn't gain, but I'm probably not doing as much as most people. I exercise 5 days/week, 2 of those days is just light strength training with 8 lb weights and an exercise ball for about 45 min, the other three days is 30 min of walking with 1 min jogging intervals every 4 min.

I'm sure I need to do more because I'm noticing that my skin is starting to appear loose in places . For some reason, most of my weight loss seems to be from my thighs and butt. It's not coming off the mid-section. (Not attractive.) I assume that eventually, it will come off where it needs to and I should just be patient. One reason that I don't exercise more is that I'm afraid of this taking longer than it should. I lost about 35 lbs 3 years ago, but it took me months and then it just stopped. I got tired of it and quit, and of course I gained it all back. I'm doing better on MRC and sticking with it because I'm seeing weight come off. I'm afraid that I'll get derailed if I work out too hard and gain. (even though in my head, I would KNOW it was muscle...there's just something about that number!) I'm hoping on my next weigh-in that my weight will start with a "1" for the first time in YEARS!
DeannG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone. I am still gaining while excerising! Goign to talk to my center today and see what they think. They told me to excersie this time around for 30 minutes 5 times a week. But they never said what kind of excerise. I only do the elliptical for 25 minutes and walk.
clarissairene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #7  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

I was told walking ONLY for 15 mins 3 timez a week. The elliptical is a little more strenuous than walking, its closer to stair climbing or jogging than walking. Maybe thats why? I also second the added water consumption.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote