Living Maintenance - Maintainers Rocking October Bodies

saef
10-01-2013, 09:53 AM
It's another new month to move through -- another opportunity discover your body's potential.

http://www.myessentia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/featured21-580x333.jpg

Join us as we log our October workouts and help each other maintain our fitness levels and good health.

saef
10-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Tuesday, October 1st:

30 minutes Stairmaster, the usual
Then a quick jog home, past commuters trudging to the train station, because I forgot the little piece of paper with my workout routine
60 minutes shoulders, chest and triceps routine

silverbirch
10-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Thanks for starting this, saef.

I'm still battling a virus so my exercise is minimal. I'm trying to keep warm and rested so it doesn't develop into anything much. My glands are up in my neck so I'm assuming antibody production is in full swing. I have a horrible cough.

(Had a quick look for :horriblecough: smiley but there isn't one.)

traveling michele
10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Love the name and the photo Saef. Thanks for starting the thread again.

October 1:
95 minutes Bikram Yoga. This is usually the day I do body pump but I'm still holding off as I don't think tons of squats would be good for my knee.

October 2:
I was *this* close to not exercising. I got ready to go to yoga and suddenly had diarrhea (sorry if tmi). I've been "backed up" and I had a latte (don't usually have milk) and beans with lunch. So.... I wasn't sure if I was sick or just things finally started moving. I hate that decision-- are you sick or not? Do you go exercise or not? Once you are in the bikram room (90 plus minutes) you are not supposed to leave unless it is a true emergency. So, I decided to drive to yoga knowing I had 30 minutes before class started and I could leave before it began if need be. I went, my stomach was fine (though it feels weird today), and my favorite teacher was there (she is a visiting teacher so I never know when she'll be there). I'm so glad I didn't stay home. Positive, strong class. I won't likely exercise Friday as we are planning to look at cars after work and the weekend is an unknown with us going to Napa so I really didn't want to miss another day.

95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
2 workouts
190 minutes

saef
10-02-2013, 12:33 PM
You're welcome, Michele. Glad you did not miss out on a good instructor. I agree, I keep trying to "listen to my body," because that is what everyone tells me to do, but sometimes my body says contradictory things and also it's unclear where the body and mind shade together, which is what leaves me in conflict with myself sometimes.

Wednesday, Oct. 2nd:

60 minute on the elliptical, alternating backward & forward, resistance at nine, keeping going even after a water bug ran across the gym floor and hid under one of the treadmills in front of me.

saef
10-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Thursday, Oct. 3rd:

Ran 4.27 miles, some of it with a badly running nose, but thinking I'm slowly getting better at this, even if I definitely tire in the last mile

Missed Pilates class because of my mother visiting, who unhelpfully told me later, "You should've gone to the gym," so it felt like it was pointless.

traveling michele
10-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Love the name and the photo Saef. Thanks for starting the thread again.

October 1:
I was *this* close to not exercising. I got ready to go to yoga and suddenly had diarrhea (sorry if tmi). I've been "backed up" and I had a latte (don't usually have milk) and beans with lunch. So.... I wasn't sure if I was sick or just things finally started moving. I hate that decision-- are you sick or not? Do you go exercise or not? Once you are in the bikram room (90 plus minutes) you are not supposed to leave unless it is a true emergency. So, I decided to drive to yoga knowing I had 30 minutes before class started and I could leave before it began if need be. I went, my stomach was fine (though it feels weird today), and my favorite teacher was there (she is a visiting teacher so I never know when she'll be there). I'm so glad I didn't stay home. Positive, strong class. I won't likely exercise Friday as we are planning to look at cars after work and the weekend is an unknown with us going to Napa so I really didn't want to miss another day.

95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
1 workout
95 minutes

October 2: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
2 workouts
190 minutes

krampus
10-03-2013, 11:44 AM
October 1: DB bench press, DB shoulder press, DB lying triceps extensions, KB deadlifts, DB split squats. Ouch.

October 2: 20 min HIIT on elliptical

saef
10-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Friday, Oct. 4th:

30 minutes StairMaster, resistance at nine, random intervals, in other words, the usual
60 minutes back & biceps routine

Wondering, while trudging through the dark at 5:45 AM to make it to the gym before work, is this all worth it?

traveling michele
10-04-2013, 11:56 AM
October 2: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
2 workouts
190 minutes

October 3: 95 minutes lukewarm and dry bikram yoga-- not sure why but this particular instructor hasn't gotten the room hot the past few classes I've taken with her. It is not the same without sweat! We were all complaining after class. Unfortunately whenever I have a class like this, my weight is UP the next day-- I think I still drink a lot of water but I don't sweat it out. Hopefully I can flush it out today.

Totals:
3 workouts
285 minutes

krampus
10-04-2013, 02:48 PM
October 3: 4 mile run on bike path, 36 minutes

silverbirch
10-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I believe the virus is leaving my body and has almost gone. Back to proper rocking October body work tomorrow.

silverbirch
10-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Movement-based flexibility without weights to check how I was feeling. Some one-legged toe touches.
6.9k steps, 2.7 miles

A good day and I think I can start to build up again this week.

saef
10-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Saturday, Oct. 5th:

60 minute spin class with weight and resistance band intervals
60 minute Pilates mat class

Sunday, Oct. 6th:

15 minutes StairMaster, the usual
60 minutes shoulders, biceps & triceps routine
45 minute spin class

traveling michele
10-07-2013, 11:11 AM
October 3: 95 minutes lukewarm and dry bikram yoga-- not sure why but this particular instructor hasn't gotten the room hot the past few classes I've taken with her. It is not the same without sweat! We were all complaining after class. Unfortunately whenever I have a class like this, my weight is UP the next day-- I think I still drink a lot of water but I don't sweat it out. Hopefully I can flush it out today.

Totals:
3 workouts
285 minutes

October 4: nothing-- went to the car dealer after work

October 5: 48 minute spin class before leaving for Napa.

October 6: after returning from Napa-- 100 minute Bikram yoga class. The teacher that can't regulate the heat was there but a student talked to her and somehow it was great. I think the student pointed out a note from the owner of the studio that the instructor hadn't seen. Either way, I was happy to sweat some of my Napa trip out. Unfortunately, we will probably be going after work to get my new car which will knock me out of another workout.

Totals:
5 workouts
433 minutes

krampus
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
October 5: 3 mile hike, all uphill
October 6: 0.8 mile nearly vertical hike downhill (same elevation change as the 3 miles uphill!)
October 7: Smith machine squats, DB bench press, KB lat flies, lat pulldown

silverbirch
10-07-2013, 06:01 PM
MBF + one-legged work. Both with weights. 7.2k steps, 2.8 miles.

saef
10-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Monday, Oct. 7th:

60 minutes elliptical, resistance at nine, random intervals, alternating forward & backward, in a gym initially empty because of a just-recently canceled tornado watch.
Adductor machine, some hamstring curls
Squats in the Smith machine

saef
10-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Tuesday, Oct. 8th:

30 minutes on the StairMaster, the usual, wondering when, if ever, this will get any easier. I always feel at the end that I can't go any further
60 minutes shoulders, chest and triceps routine

krampus
10-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Oct 8: 20 min on treadmill, sprint intervals, 2.41 miles

traveling michele
10-09-2013, 11:10 AM
October 4: nothing-- went to the car dealer after work

October 5: 48 minute spin class before leaving for Napa.

October 6: after returning from Napa-- 100 minute Bikram yoga class. The teacher that can't regulate the heat was there but a student talked to her and somehow it was great. I think the student pointed out a note from the owner of the studio that the instructor hadn't seen. Either way, I was happy to sweat some of my Napa trip out. Unfortunately, we will probably be going after work to get my new car which will knock me out of another workout.

Totals:
5 workouts
433 minutes

October 7: none-- went after work to buy my new car.... hate missing exercising....

October 8: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga-- felt great to be back. My favorite teacher. But I think I pushed myself too hard-- my back started hurting during class and it is still hurting. I have the half marathon (that I'm walking) on Sunday and now my back hurts and my one knee is still not all the way better. Not to mention book fair set up on Friday and book fair all next week. Oh, and did I mention that dh leaves for China again today? Ugh. Hopefully my body cooperates!

Totals:
6 workouts
533 minutes

saef
10-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Wednesday, Oct. 9th:

45 minute spin class, a tough one, with me thinking about my echocardiogram earlier today and thinking, "Could it be possible that 30-60 minutes of cardio every day is somehow not enough?"

traveling michele
10-10-2013, 11:57 AM
October 7: none-- went after work to buy my new car.... hate missing exercising....

October 8: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga-- felt great to be back. My favorite teacher. But I think I pushed myself too hard-- my back started hurting during class and it is still hurting. I have the half marathon (that I'm walking) on Sunday and now my back hurts and my one knee is still not all the way better. Not to mention book fair set up on Friday and book fair all next week. Oh, and did I mention that dh leaves for China again today? Ugh. Hopefully my body cooperates!

Totals:
6 workouts
533 minutes

October 9:100 minutes Bikram Yoga.... back wasn't great but not as bad as I feared. Why does something always have to hurt??:mad:

Totals:
7 workouts
633 minutes

saef
10-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Thursday, Oct. 10th:

60 minutes arc trainer, hill intervals, resistance at 10, because the ellipticals were all occupied in the early October darkness

60 minute Pilates mat class with the talkative sub who incorporates non-Pilates moves

silverbirch
10-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Yesterday, abs exercises + 5k steps (1.9 miles).

Today, a lot of rather enjoyable racing around from pillar to post. Errands but with nice conversations with strangers en route, stunning views and a new dress. 9k steps (3.5 miles).

saef
10-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Friday, Oct. 11th:

30 minutes StairMaster, the usual, and though it wasn't easy, it was nowhere near the slog it's been lately. What was different this morning?

60 minutes back & biceps routine. Again, I felt strong today ... and I don't know why. What is the story here? Days when it's barely doable, then days when it's totally within my grasp.

silverbirch
10-11-2013, 10:22 AM
saef, I keep meaning to ask you - why do you always use the StairMaster? You used to row at one time. (I can understand why you don't use the treadmill. I don't like it as it goes at its own pace not at my infinitesimally changing pace.)

traveling michele
10-11-2013, 11:22 AM
October 9:100 minutes Bikram Yoga.... back wasn't great but not as bad as I feared. Why does something always have to hurt??:mad:

Totals:
7 workouts
633 minutes

October 10: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga-- back still sore....:mad:

Totals:
8 workouts
733 minutes

krampus
10-11-2013, 01:55 PM
October 9-10: Work conference. Hotel food, running around, no exercise. Carried heavy stuff for a 73 year old male conference registrant, it's so nice that we live in a world where an older man can let a young woman do manual labor for him!

October 11 AM: 20 min on treadmill, 2.36 miles. Calf raises, DB split squats, Roman chair leg raises.

saef
10-11-2013, 10:13 PM
saef, I keep meaning to ask you - why do you always use the StairMaster? You used to row at one time. (I can understand why you don't use the treadmill. I don't like it as it goes at its own pace not at my infinitesimally changing pace.)

Well, not always. Not exactly. I use the StairMaster three times a week, as a warm up before I lift weights. Other days, I'm on a spin bike, an elliptical or the arc trainer.

I started using the StairMaster because it was available more often than the other machines and it is a very intense workout. Other people aren't on it long.

Rowing seems just to be one of those things that I did for a while & then dropped. Swimming is another, and I take fewer spin classes than I used to; meanwhile, I've been trying to run but the later sunrise time isn't cooperating.

I was more interested in rowing when I went to a nearby college gym, rather than the small private gym that I now belong to, and I saw the crew team practicing on the erg machines every morning. There's only one erg thing at my current gym, and the machine seems prone to losing its tension & calibration. Also, to tell the truth, I found rowing more tedious than the other machines.

silverbirch
10-12-2013, 03:48 AM
Well, not always. Not exactly. I use the StairMaster three times a week, as a warm up before I lift weights. Other days, I'm on a spin bike, an elliptical or the arc trainer.

Oh, I see. Thanks for spelling it out. I think that the StairMaster with its capital letters must jump out more at me than the humble lower case cardio things. (Interesting finding in itself.)

I certainly do agree that it's an intense workout. Perhaps I'll go back to it and see whether my joints co-operate. But I do love rowing.

Here, not only is the light going but the weather is turning nasty unless you're properly dressed for it. Our serious runners are still out and about, though.

Friday - MBF and one-legged workout. About 3k steps. Say, about a mile. I can only fit in a workout or a long walk. Not enough time for more.

Mudpie
10-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Birchie There are some fitness proponents who think 20 minutes 3-4 times a week is enough to keep reasonably fit people fit. I do a lot of physical stuff during the day but my things I call workouts - weights, yoga - last about 20 minutes and I do them 6 times per week. :strong: :yoga:

IMO better to fit in a shorter workout than throw up your hands and do nothing. Good for you for fitting in the workouts!

Dagmar :cheer2:

saef
10-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Saturday, Oct. 12th:

I'll be away from the gym for several days while I travel on vacation. I don't like it but I'm trying to be sane and normal about it.

silverbirch
10-12-2013, 03:05 PM
my things I call workouts

I love this phrase and I'm going to use it myself.

Thank you for the encouragement, Dagmar. My aim is to do more cardio as my breathing goes a bit haywire sometimes with allergies and getting out of puff with exercise helps overall. I also like to think that cardio will help with weight loss although I know that food and sleep are the key elements I should be working on. Well, food, actually. Thinking about it, I remember that Jessica (paperclippy) used to post, often alone, in a food thread. I might start one.

ETA ... Rest day today.

2.7k steps, 1 mile. That's all at home apart from a short walk up the road to the car and back. Yes, obviously I do pace about - and it's only a tiny house.

traveling michele
10-13-2013, 10:55 PM
October 10: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga-- back still sore....:mad:

Totals:
8 workouts
733 minutes

October 11: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

October 12: 60 minutes spin class, 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

October 13: completed my first ever (and probably my last) half marathon-- we (my two work friends and myself) walked and jogged it. They are much taller than me so their power walk was so fast I had to jog to keep up! So, I jogged much more than they did. One of my friends hurt herself at mile 11 so we slowed way down but still finished in slightly over 3 hours.

Totals:
12 workouts
1178 minutes

saef
10-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Sunday, Oct. 13th:

Dealing with not having exercised. And I feel like I have to explain, to be granted an excuse, though clearly part of me doesn't want to say "It's okay." All I'll say is that I was in a car for about eight hours to visit relatives, got in late and was engulfed by them. I'll do better after this.

silverbirch
10-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Well done with the half, Michele!

Saef, for what it's worth, I believe that being with relatives can be a workout in itself. Could you recategorise yesterday as something like that?

Remember that enjoyable racing about day I had, last Thursday? By Saturday I was crippled with heel pain. It's connected to my ridiculously stiff calves. Hobbling is horrible. I stretched a bit over the weekend but I clearly need to do more. I'm mid-exercise in the kitchen at present and I'm stretching every half-hour this morning. Two steps forward, one step back has been my exercise theme song for so long and I don't like it. But I am learning a lot about how my body fits together so that's good. And I slept on the floor for most of last night without any serious aches and pains so I'm very, very pleased about that. (Long story, not serious and can't go into here.)

saef
10-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Monday, Oct. 14th:

60 minutes elliptical at the Holiday Inn Express, resistance at 10, random intervals, a bouncy sweaty session. At least it wasn't broken.

silverbirch
10-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Monday

MBF + one-legged stuff. 1.3k steps, 0.5 miles. Lots of gentle calf stretching leading into deeper stretches. (Don't want to overstretch at first and have it ping back even stiffer.)

saef
10-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Tuesday, Oct. 15th:

40 minutes running on the treadmill in Holday Inn Express exercise room. Belt was loose, and the thing was pre-set to 20 minutes, which was annoying, so I went through two bouts to do about 4 miles, incline set at 2.5.

traveling michele
10-15-2013, 11:08 AM
October 11: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

October 12: 60 minutes spin class, 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

October 13: completed my first ever (and probably my last) half marathon-- we (my two work friends and myself) walked and jogged it. They are much taller than me so their power walk was so fast I had to jog to keep up! So, I jogged much more than they did. One of my friends hurt herself at mile 11 so we slowed way down but still finished in slightly over 3 hours.

Totals:
12 workouts
1178 minutes

Birch-- are you feeling better??

October 14: 100 minutes bikram yoga-- sore after my half marathon so I was happy to get back to yoga....

Totals:
13 workouts
1278 minutes

krampus
10-15-2013, 11:44 AM
October 11 PM: Tons of pullups, chinups, dips on Gravitron, DB bench press, DB shoulder press, tricep cable pulldowns, DB lat raises, body weight squats

October 12: Hiked White Rocks Cliffs in Vermont, just over 4.5 miles according to the Internet.

October 13: Raked leaves and pine needles for my mom.

October 14: 3.5 mile run with BF. He rolled his ankle and my sciatica bothered me a lot. Boooo.

October 15 AM: 20 min HIIT on elliptical.

krampus
10-16-2013, 12:12 PM
October 15 PM: 1 mile warmup run on treadmill. Tons of pullups, chinups, dips on Gravitron at lower resistance than on Friday. Barbell bench press 5 x 8, DB incline shoulder press, tricep extensions, DB lat raises, barbell curls, Roman chair leg raises, planks.

saef
10-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Wednesday, Oct. 16th:

60 minutes on the Holiday Inn Express elliptical, two-thirds of it going backward, random intervals, resistance at 10, watching the comedy of older male hotel guests arguing over the treadmill and standing there with arms crossed on chest glaring at one another while they were using it. No one wanted the elliptical. They just wanted to walk on that loose-belted treadmill.

traveling michele
10-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Birch-- are you feeling better??

October 14: 100 minutes bikram yoga-- sore after my half marathon so I was happy to get back to yoga....

Totals:
13 workouts
1278 minutes

October 15: nothing-- upset tummy. Drove to Bikram and drove back home without getting out of the car....

October 16: back to Bikram-- 100 minutes

Totals:
14 workouts
1378 minutes

saef
10-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Thursday, Oct. 17th:

60 minutes elliptical, back at my old gym, and I found the action on it is looser.
Also deadlifts, squats in the Smith machine, hamstring curls and adductor presses

krampus
10-17-2013, 04:46 PM
October 16: nothing
October 17 AM: DB split squats, DB shoulder presses, DB lunges, calf raises, lat pull downs, 1 mile cooldown run on treadmill.

Going for a long walk after work with my roommate. My back/leg/sciatica is really acting up. :*(

saef
10-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Friday, Oct. 18th:

30 minutes StairMaster, the usual

saef
10-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Saturday, Oct. 19th:

saef
10-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Sunday, Oct. 19th:

Ran about 4.27 miles
60 minutes shoulders, bicep & tricep routine

I never run on Sunday. I always take a spin class. You won't believe how anxious I got yesterday at the prospect of changing up my routine & how I fretted over whether I ought to do weights before or after, whether I'd have any energy afterward. (I definitely did.) Here's to stepping out of my routine occasionally, just for the heck of it.

saef
10-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Monday, Oct. 20th:

60 minutes elliptical, resistance at 9, alternating backward and forward, on a machine with a higher resistance level than last week's, as quickly became apparent even during the warmup.

traveling michele
10-21-2013, 11:10 AM
October 15: nothing-- upset tummy. Drove to Bikram and drove back home without getting out of the car....

October 16: back to Bikram-- 100 minutes

Totals:
14 workouts
1378 minutes

October 17: nothing-- had my evening book fair so was at school for almost 14 hours!

October 18: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

October 19: back to back bikram yoga classes-- 200 minutes total

October 20: 60 minute Zumba class in the morning, 100 minutes bikram yoga in the afternoon

Totals:
19 workouts
1838 minutes

krampus
10-21-2013, 11:19 AM
October 17 PM: Long walk with roommate, 4 miles?

October 19 noon: Walk with BF, probably 3 miles. Gym too - 1.75 miles on treadmill, pullups, chinups, dips on Gravitron, cable tricep pulldowns, DB shoulder presses

October 20: 2 hours raking pine needles

October 21 AM: 1 mile on treadmill, DB bench press, barbell shoulder press.

traveling michele
10-22-2013, 11:18 AM
October 17: nothing-- had my evening book fair so was at school for almost 14 hours!

October 18: 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

October 19: back to back bikram yoga classes-- 200 minutes total

October 20: 60 minute Zumba class in the morning, 100 minutes bikram yoga in the afternoon

Totals:
19 workouts
1838 minutes

October 21: 100 minutes Bikram yoga

Totals:
20 workouts
1938 minutes

krampus
10-22-2013, 12:54 PM
October 21 PM: 20 min intervals on arc trainer, 100 Roman chair leg raises
October 22 AM: 1.5 miles on treadmill, KB lat raises, KB lunges

saef
10-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Tuesday, Oct. 22:

30 minutes StairMaster, the usual
60 minutes chest, shoulder & tricep routine

traveling michele
10-23-2013, 11:06 AM
October 21: 100 minutes Bikram yoga

Totals:
20 workouts
1938 minutes

October 22: my hand inexplicably started hurting part-way through the day. I went to yoga anyway. It was excruciating if I put any weight on it so yoga was challenging. This morning when I woke up my whole arm hurts with the majority of the pain still in my hand. I feel achy all over so I suspect I'm fighting a weird virus-- I do this sometimes.... It is kindergarten day at school so I have no time to feel yucky. I took some tylenol and am hoping it feels better as the day goes on. Not sure if I'll get to yoga today though.

100 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
21 workouts
2038 minutes

saef
10-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Wednesday, Oct. 23rd:

15 minutes arc trainer, hill intervals, resistance at 10
45 minute spin class, lots of sprints

Thursday, Oct. 24th:

60 minutes elliptical, resistance at 10, random intervals, alternating backward & forward
Squats in the Smith machine

traveling michele
10-25-2013, 11:14 AM
October 22: my hand inexplicably started hurting part-way through the day. I went to yoga anyway. It was excruciating if I put any weight on it so yoga was challenging. This morning when I woke up my whole arm hurts with the majority of the pain still in my hand. I feel achy all over so I suspect I'm fighting a weird virus-- I do this sometimes.... It is kindergarten day at school so I have no time to feel yucky. I took some tylenol and am hoping it feels better as the day goes on. Not sure if I'll get to yoga today though.

100 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
21 workouts
2038 minutes

October 23: wasn't feeling well and stayed late at work so no exercise.

October 24: feeling much better-- 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
22 workouts
2138 minutes

krampus
10-25-2013, 11:17 AM
October 24: 10 minute warmup on treadmill, pullups/chinups/dips on Gravitron, DB shoulder presses, planks, Roman chair leg raises, DB lat raises, squats with 15# KB.

October 25 AM: 20 min HIIT on elliptical, planks

saef
10-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Friday, Oct. 25th:

30 minutes StairMaster, with tight hamstrings for part of it
15 more minutes on StairMaster, then a woman who often uses it stopped and asked me when I would be done, so I got off without doing the full half-hour that I'd planned. Her need seemed greater than mine. As someone who suffers from an exercise compulsion, I know it when I see it.

saef
10-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Saturday, Oct. 26th:

Ran 4.75 miles, an awkward, scuffling run in Brooks Adrenaline running shoes, which although nice shoes apparently don't suit me

saef
10-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Sunday, Oct. 27th:

15 minutes StairMaster, very tough today, left hamstring felt too short
60 minutes shoulders, bicep & tricep routine
45 minute spin class

traveling michele
10-28-2013, 11:33 AM
October 23: wasn't feeling well and stayed late at work so no exercise.

October 24: feeling much better-- 100 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
22 workouts
2138 minutes

October 25: 100 minutes Bikram

October 26: 100 minutes Bikram

October 27: 100 minutes Bikram

May try to go back to body pump today. I've been hesitant due to my knees and squatting. We'll see how I feel this afternoon.

Totals:
25 workouts
2438 minutes

krampus
10-28-2013, 08:59 PM
October 28: 7 miles on bike path in about 1 hour 3 minutes

saef
10-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Monday, Oct. 28th:

60 minutes elliptical, the one with lighter resistance, though still at 9, alternating backward & forward
Sets on the adductor machine

saef
10-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Tuesday, Oct. 29th:

60 minutes StairMaster, the usual, with a half-hour before lifting and a half-hour afterward
60 minutes shoulders, chest & tricep routine

traveling michele
10-29-2013, 11:50 AM
October 25: 100 minutes Bikram

October 26: 100 minutes Bikram

October 27: 100 minutes Bikram

May try to go back to body pump today. I've been hesitant due to my knees and squatting. We'll see how I feel this afternoon.

Totals:
25 workouts
2438 minutes

October 28: 65 minutes Body Pump.... I was worried about my knees but they held up fine. However, my upper body had lost a lot of strength as I haven't lifted in close to 2 months. My chest/arms were shaking-- and I'm sore today!! Of course, the scale is up as a result.:devil::dizzy:

Totals:
26 workouts
2503 minutes

krampus
10-30-2013, 12:31 PM
October 29: Few sets of bodyweight squats, 1 set with 20# KB. DB bench press, DB shoulder press, cable tricep pull down, lat pull down.

saef
10-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Wednesday, Oct. 30th:

45 minute spin class

I feel, after writing this, that I should've done more, but I know getting there last night in the autumn darkness was a struggle, and at least I made it to the gym.

Thursday, Oct. 31st

Ran 4.25 miles, which I keep thinking has to get easier, but then it doesn't.