Weight Watchers - October Chat

View Full Version : October Chat

DrivenByAmbition
10-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Thought I would start this thread. So ecstatic for what this month might bring. :D Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

smashlers
10-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I am starting a Rocktober fitness challenge with The Betty Rocker this month... I am pretty pumped! Day one!

Maybe fitness is something that can nudge my body back into losing.

forkeeps2013
10-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Very exciting, smashlers! What kind of fitness challenge is it?

I will not get political in this thread, but I have to say that my stress level is through the roof today and I will be struggling to stay true to plan and not stress eat or just hide in bed all day. My husband, our sole source of income, works for the federal government and is unemployed as of today. I really hope this whole thing gets resolved soon. I plan on taking a nice long walk today, find a good time to meditate, and just try hard to take deep breaths and stay calm. I've never been faced with this much uncertainty and it's scary. :(

Hope everyone has a great week. Let's all stay focused on the goal.

DrivenByAmbition
10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh how stressful! Yeah we will keep politics from this post, but I feel terrible that you have to experience the effects. Please know we are here to support you as you journey on through weight watchers. Please, do not stress.

PUPMOM5
10-02-2013, 07:31 PM
I let my husband lead me astray and consumed 20 of my weekly points. (Fazoli's and a mini pumpkin pie blizzard. I have 28 WP left, and will stay far away from them.) I'm going to go ahead and forgive myself because torturing myself isn't going to help anything and, besides, those WP are there for occasional treats, etc. (Forgiving yourself is easier said than done, so hopefully, by writing it, I'll do it a little easier.) I hope I still lose this week, I'm so close to my initial goal - I'd hate to have a set back! :(

forkeeps2013
10-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Pupmom: You will be fine! The most important part of it is that you're tracking. We need these indulgences once in awhile. And hey, you got the mini blizzard! Pre-WW, I always went for the large. Little steps add up. You will have a great week!

DrivenByAmbition
10-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Mini blizzard! Sounds really good, and so within points. Don't be afraid to use those weeklies.

PUPMOM5
10-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks for making me feel better! :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Well the scale has not been my friend these last couple of days due to sodium, but I will keep pushing on.

PUPMOM5
10-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Driven, you'll get a satisfying whoosh when the sodium goes away! Just remember to drink lots of water. :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-03-2013, 04:10 PM
I certainly hope so.

DrivenByAmbition
10-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Haven't had a good day. I have stayed on plan, just some things going on. My weight is the last thing on my mind but I am thankful to still be OP. How do you snap out of a funk? Non-food related.

DrivenByAmbition
10-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Happy Friday! What do you have planned for this weekend?

PUPMOM5
10-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I have a paper to write and a backsplash to put up in the kitchen. I think I'll mostly be a home, which is best - I eat much better that way! I might be getting sick again, which really sucks, but this is my first semester teaching and those kids bring a ton of germs to class.

mandydawn77
10-04-2013, 03:46 PM
pupmoms - Don't beat yourself up over using weekly points, that's what they are there for! I use most of mine every week. I think we all have that mentality that we have to be miserable on a diet or we aren't doing it right, that's why most people fail at dieting. That one little treat isn't going to set you back.

I see you are so close to losing 100 pounds - I'm right there with you. We just have to keep doing what we've been doing and we will reach the 100 pounds lost very soon. Losing 100 pounds in less than a year is a huge accomplishment! Give yourself a pat on the back :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Children germs will do it to you. Do you love teaching, congrats to both of you edging closer to 100 lbs lost.

PUPMOM5
10-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Mandydawn, congrats as well on the loss! I don't know about you, but I never thought I'd ever get this far! Sometimes, when I realize how much I've lost, it's very surreal - but most of the time, I feel like I'm almost 300lbs. The mind is weird like that.

Driven, I love teaching. It's the most fulfilling thing I've ever done. I can't wait until I finish my Master's and get to teach full-time at the college level.

forkeeps2013
10-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Up 1.2 at this morning's weigh-in. I haven't gotten that close to actually crying at a meeting ever. Not that I haven't had a gain before, but this is one of those weeks where I did everything right. I stood there listening to the cheerful, clueless receptionist talk about how when you exercise more it can take a week or two to see results, and to make sure I get in my GHGs, and all the other robotic advice she gives everybody, and I felt like punching her. I almost left and didn't stay for the meeting.

I guess it could be stress? I don't think I've been this stressed before in a long time, if ever. It sucks not knowing when my husband will get back to work, and in the meantime we have to hoard every penny we have (which isn't much) just to friggin' eat, all thanks to a game they're playing in Washington. I told the WW receptionist that I'll probably have a loss next week because we'll be too broke to eat.

*sigh* I know it's probably not as bad as I'm making it seem, I tend to always think of the worst case scenario. Sorry to unload on you guys, but I do find strength in coming here. Chances are, things will turn around when I least expect it, they always do.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I plan on running 5 miles again tomorrow. I'm getting pretty good at it. :-)

DrivenByAmbition
10-05-2013, 10:40 AM
I am showing a gain but its been birthday week and ate quite a few weeklies last night. Just keep pushing; your woosh is coming

Andee3112
10-05-2013, 04:19 PM
forkeeps - I keep youg guys in my thoughts and hope things get better next thing.

I started WW Monday, using the Ultimate Value Diary App. I decided to not go to the meetings for now since I am in saving mode right now.

So far it works good, but today I ate so much crap and used up 42 weekly points in one day (!). I am really frustrated about it since I was eating while working on a paper (this always makes me eat) and didn´t even realize I was eating.

I think from now on I will make a rule to eat whatever I want to eat at the dining table (no TV, computer, phone etc.). Even if it is ice cream. I want to fully enjoy every meal and not chow down a pit of Haagen Dasz in 10 minutes...

At least I tracked it and stopped now where my weekly points are gone, but I keep thinking "just screw it and eat whatever you want for a weekend and Monday is a fresh start". I hate this little mean voice telling me crap like this. It is nonsense...I don´t even wanna know how many "fresh start monday´s" I had in my life.

Andee3112
10-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Do u guys weigh daily?

I have my weekly weigh in that I track on Tuesdays and step on the scale on Friday to see where I stand.

DrivenByAmbition
10-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Just take it as a lesson learned. Yes I weigh daily, but have been rethinking it. I quit weighing and started this gaining. This week was hard but I will keep pushing.

Andee3112
10-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Not weighing means trouble for me - so does weighing daily. If I see a constant or higher loss than expected I justify extra treats and if I don't lose I eat cuz I am frustrated.

Twice a week is the best for me. One official weigh in and one to see where I stand so far.

DrivenByAmbition
10-06-2013, 09:38 AM
I will show a gain this week, but it's okay. It will come back off.

PUPMOM5
10-06-2013, 10:30 AM
This month, I am weighing daily and tracking it on the October Accountability Thread over in the 100+ club. I think I need the day-to-day motivation and to own the gains that happen because I make bad choices. If I think the gain has something to do with sodium or TOM then I don't feel anything negative.

DrivenByAmbition
10-07-2013, 06:58 AM
We'll I update my stats today. I'm up 202.6 and am owning it. It was birthday week with also a wedding. I could have stayed on plan, but I let myself have this week, and have learned a good lesson. I feel horrible today. Not because of the weight gain, but because my body had been retrained and my body knows I ate too much and doesn't like me at the moment.

Here's to staying on plan the rest of the month.

SoMuchFattitude
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Y'all - I just want to say that I made Black Bean Brownies and they are 5PP per brownie. Next time, I'll make them with Truvia and they'll be 3PP per Brownie. Seriously though - AMAZING. They are SO rich and no weird after taste. I'm in heaven.

PUPMOM5
10-07-2013, 02:06 PM
SoMuchFattitude, that sounds heavenly. I have a problem with low-point deserts. I end up eating the whole pan. :(

My scale has been fluctuating from 188.4-189.8 all week. It's been climbing the past few days although I've been on plan. I've also started doing squats, lunges and planks. My muscles are pretty sure and I hope I'm just retaining water. :(

SoMuchFattitude
10-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Pup - you cant! They are SO rich and almost more truffle like than anything!

PUPMOM5
10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
That sounds like heaven! Do you have a link to the recipe?

mandydawn77
10-08-2013, 11:01 AM
My arthritis doctor was telling me about those and I actually bought the stuff to make them, but I never did. I was doing low carb at the time, so I bought the Eden organic black beans which are lower in carbs for some reason. I still have the can. I'm afraid my food processor won't be good enough to really get the batter smooth. I think it has oatmeal in it as well. I've heard they are wonderful and that you'd never believe it's made with beans. There are a lot of dessert recipes with white and black beans actually. Check out chocolate covered kate's website. I think that's what it's called.

smashlers
10-08-2013, 08:16 PM
SoMuchFattitude!!!!! COUGH UP THE LINK TO THE RECIPE!! :lol::lol:

forkeeps2013
10-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I am totally making those next weekend for girls' poker night! Usually I try to bring something healthy since nobody else does, but these will be fun. That is, IF they turn out (I'm not really much of a baker).

DrivenByAmbition
10-09-2013, 08:06 AM
If she doesn't come back to reply right away, i bet you can ask someone on the ww on Facebook website.

kmac1196
10-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Hello...New again here on the WW board! Looking forward to chatting.

So at my WW meeting yesterday, I got weighed...duh...and it linked directly to my iphone app....instantly. I didn't have to put it in! How super cool is that?

I will say that I really wish WW would spend some time and money improving the app. They should take a lesson from Lose it app. Way easier to use.

But....did anyone have the meeting this week where they talk about sitting and how much we do it in a day? And trying to get up and move for 5 mins every hour?? That's my non weight loss goal this week. I do intentional exercise but somehow think that 's a pass to be more sedentary during the day. This week I will pay attention more.

DrivenByAmbition
10-09-2013, 04:11 PM
5 minutes an hour is a neat idea!

SarainMN
10-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi girls
I thought I wrote in before but I guess not!! lol
my name is Sara, I'm from MN have 3 kids and the youngest is 7...it was time to stop saying "I'm overweight because I had 3 kids" NO EXCUSE!! especially 7 yrs hahaha
I joined WW in March 2012 and lost almost 60lbs

PUPMOM5
10-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Welcome, ladies! Nice to have you here!

How many of you guys attend WW meetings? I've always been online and have come here for my support. You guys must feel like you get something more from the meetings. Is it accountability? Inspiration?

SarainMN
10-09-2013, 06:19 PM
I go to the meetings
I've met some wonderful ladies any leader is AWESOME he's totally inspirational

butterflygirljb
10-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Hey ladies. Happy October. I am not getting a good start to the month at all. Only lost .2 last week and today I get on the scale and its says I've gained 2 pounds. Sigh... idk what going on. I've been on plan and haven't strayed. Last week I did use a lot of my weeklies and I never do that. But that doest account for this week. Ugh!!. Any ideas? ?. :(

mandydawn77
10-10-2013, 12:40 AM
My daughter and I went to a meeting towards the end of last year and I bought the start up kit, points calculators and some oatmeal, but we didn't join. I used to go to meetings with my mom and grandma and it just doesn't interest me at this point. I have so many things going on each day with work, zumba, karate and cub scouts. I don't have time or money to do much more. I really like the books, recipes and the whole points plus system. I think it's a great program for anyone and everyone. I like the flexibility. You can go to parties or out to eat and not feel deprived. You might be able to lose weight faster on other diets, but this you can stick with for life.

DrivenByAmbition
10-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Butterfly, did you start activity or upped activity?

kmac1196
10-10-2013, 08:05 AM
I just rejoined meetings with my husband.

It's going to be super helpful for both of us to go...however...I don't like the price. LOL

Good morning everyone. How's things? We've been doing the 5 mins every hour of sitting. It's tough, I'll tell you. And that's in addition to intentional exercise.

Since this is a chat...does anyone have any struggles they need help with or want to vent? Maybe we can help you get back on track. Just don't give up.

kmac1196
10-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Hey ladies. Happy October. I am not getting a good start to the month at all. Only lost .2 last week and today I get on the scale and its says I've gained 2 pounds. Sigh... idk what going on. I've been on plan and haven't strayed. Last week I did use a lot of my weeklies and I never do that. But that doest account for this week. Ugh!!. Any ideas? ?. :(

I have ideas...

1. Is it TOM?

2. More salt than usual?

3. Added exercise? (muscles, while repairing, hang onto water)

Water retention fluctuates from day to day. I wouldn't change anything unless it happens for 3 consecutive weeks.

So...go back to basics....track everything! Weigh everything!

Frustrating but hang in there.

mandydawn77
10-10-2013, 10:26 AM
I haven't seen much change on the scale this week. I'm not too worried since I know I usually bounce back and forth between a couple of numbers for a few days before it goes down. I'm staying within my points range and calorie range as well (I track on two different apps). I don't use my activity points. I still wonder if the types of food you eat matters or if you can still lose weight and eat junk food like pizza and candy bars as long as you stay under the recommended calories and points for weight loss. I just have not been eating very well lately and wonder if I would be losing faster if I ate healthier. I do really well during the day and have very low calorie breakfasts and lunches, but, for example, yesterday I run home from work change into zumba clothes and grab the kids, do zumba from 5:30 to 6:30, then the kids have karate from 6:45 to 7:45 (usually closer to 8), so I just grabbed a $5 hot and ready pizza at little caesar's because we have to get home, eat, do homework, get showers and go to bed. My dinner was 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza and I ate one of my son's chocolate bars he's selling for school. Because I eat so light during the day I had plenty of calories/points left to eat all that junk, but I don't know if it will affect my weight loss. I need to start planning my meals out ahead of time, but it takes so long to get everything prepped and ready to go. I don't mind cooking when I have time, but when I finally get home after a long day I want to sit down, not slave over a hot stove. How do you all handle your schedules? I'm sure you're all more organized than I am.

butterflygirljb
10-10-2013, 11:14 AM
I actually dropped the ball on activity week before last. I know that's bad. Just losts going on. Also I tryed adding whole grain were as before I wasn't getting any. I'm trying to not touch salt at all. Tom is like a week away. Idkl I'm just freaking out because I was losing a pound a week at least and then .2 then up 2. I guess I better get my butt in gear with activity.

PUPMOM5
10-10-2013, 11:31 AM
kmac, you're so lucky your husband is willing to do this with you. :) Mine won't make any healthy changes and it's incredibly frustrating. Not to mention, he encourages me to cheat which makes me very angry.

kmac1196
10-10-2013, 05:28 PM
kmac, you're so lucky your husband is willing to do this with you. :) Mine won't make any healthy changes and it's incredibly frustrating. Not to mention, he encourages me to cheat which makes me very angry.

Yeah. I've done it before without him and it's definitely better with. He also cooks and shops (we do it together, actually). I am completely aware how fortunate I am.

Maybe your husband will jump on board when he starts to see how much energy you have?

kmac1196
10-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I actually dropped the ball on activity week before last. I know that's bad. Just losts going on. Also I tryed adding whole grain were as before I wasn't getting any. I'm trying to not touch salt at all. Tom is like a week away. Idkl I'm just freaking out because I was losing a pound a week at least and then .2 then up 2. I guess I better get my butt in gear with activity.

A week away is close enough to make a difference. Don't panic...fluctuations are part of the game. Keep working hard!

kmac1196
10-10-2013, 05:34 PM
I haven't seen much change on the scale this week. I'm not too worried since I know I usually bounce back and forth between a couple of numbers for a few days before it goes down. I'm staying within my points range and calorie range as well (I track on two different apps). I don't use my activity points. I still wonder if the types of food you eat matters or if you can still lose weight and eat junk food like pizza and candy bars as long as you stay under the recommended calories and points for weight loss. I just have not been eating very well lately and wonder if I would be losing faster if I ate healthier. I do really well during the day and have very low calorie breakfasts and lunches, but, for example, yesterday I run home from work change into zumba clothes and grab the kids, do zumba from 5:30 to 6:30, then the kids have karate from 6:45 to 7:45 (usually closer to 8), so I just grabbed a $5 hot and ready pizza at little caesar's because we have to get home, eat, do homework, get showers and go to bed. My dinner was 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza and I ate one of my son's chocolate bars he's selling for school. Because I eat so light during the day I had plenty of calories/points left to eat all that junk, but I don't know if it will affect my weight loss. I need to start planning my meals out ahead of time, but it takes so long to get everything prepped and ready to go. I don't mind cooking when I have time, but when I finally get home after a long day I want to sit down, not slave over a hot stove. How do you all handle your schedules? I'm sure you're all more organized than I am.

Yes, you can. It really is all about the deficit. That doesn't mean that your body won't hold onto a few pounds of water weight with high sodium diet but that has nothing to do with fat loss. Weight on the scale is just your relationship with gravity. Doesn't take a lot into consideration and is a rather poor judge of effort.

Certain foods can make you FEEL better...but it's a personal preference.

I say, the diet that you can stick to is one that YOU can stick to forever. If you don't eat breakfast normally...don't eat it because you think you have to.
Eating filling foods can help you not overeat in general but yes, you will lose if you ate pizza/fast foods, desserts..etc....as long as you are in a deficit (which WW takes care of with your dailies, weeklies and activity points).

SarainMN
10-10-2013, 06:24 PM
my husband recently started WW too on his own...he doesn't go to meetings but I measure stuff out for him and he counts pts

kmac1196
10-10-2013, 06:50 PM
my husband recently started WW too on his own...he doesn't go to meetings but I measure stuff out for him and he counts pts

Lucky guy! And I'm sure it totally helps you!

DrivenByAmbition
10-10-2013, 07:42 PM
I am very fortunate my significant other is trying. We did horrible with birthdays, but back on track now.

SarainMN
10-10-2013, 07:56 PM
it helps me a lot...before if I "cheated" he didn't know and he didn't care...now he'll say "do you need that?" hahaha sometime I yell "YES!!!!"

fillupthesky
10-10-2013, 08:10 PM

Does he have weight to lose? Is he worried about you getting all healthy and sexy for some reason? Just curious :)

My boyfriend is naturally thin, but works out a lot to build muscle. He also has a horrible diet! Whenever he comes over for dinner and I've made something thats WW friendly and healthy, he'll eat it, but will look for more food, sometimes go out and get more. He's supportive of me, though it is difficult to go out and eat with him, since he's always wanting more heavy, calorie laden food.

PUPMOM5
10-10-2013, 08:49 PM
fillupthesky, He's around 5'10" and ~340. He's got plenty to lose and he knows it - with a family history of heart problems and diabetes. He also struggles with depression, so it gets rough. I'd love for us to do this together! I just keep doing what I'm doing and hoping he might get on board soon.

kmac1196
10-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Good morning everyone!

It seems very quiet here. I'm going to try to change that! LOL

How'd everyone do yesterday? Any struggles? Anyone need help?

I'm on track and feeling good. Lifting on the agenda today plus 1 house to clean.

Sound off.....

DrivenByAmbition
10-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Any suggestions for finding a fitness plan for a beginning lifter?

kmac1196
10-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Any suggestions for finding a fitness plan for a beginning lifter?

Sure....what are your goals?

I like Body for Life routine (it's an Upper/Lower split) ...can be done at home or in the gym

I like Ice Cream Fitness (Squats /Deads, etc) need to make sure form is perfect.

Another beginner program that people like but I didn't is New Rules of Lifting for Women.

I think if you are brand spanking new and have never lifted.....I like Body for Life.

They have sheets to print out on the website and I can help you navigate if you want.

SoMuchFattitude
10-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Here you go: http://somuchfattitude.com/2013/10/07/black-bean-brownies-5pp/

I've been having one daily with a big fruit salad. Mmmm...

forkeeps2013
10-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I made black bean brownies yesterday too! They are gluten free and vegan, I got the recipe from the Chocolate Covered Katie website. Holy cow, they are yummy! Everybody, even the kids, loved them! I think they are 4 points, which is much better than a regular brownie as far as I could tell, and there is no flour or sugar or other processed crap. Love them!

PUPMOM5
10-11-2013, 11:12 AM
We're invited to a BBQ next Saturday, I'm thinking about making those brownies and a second dish (I found a pumpkin cheesecake on Skinnytaste for 8 pt a slice) and if I feel like either will be binge-material, I'll take one or both with us. That way, I get to have a yummy snack and stop myself from going bananas.

My arms are killing me from 30DS and a flu shot I got yesterday, but I'm determined to go back for more punishment today when I get home from school. The scale, with its demon fluctuations, has settled back on what my weigh in was for my last WW weigh in (last Saturday). I am willing my body to go lower for my weigh in tomorrow. I haven't use a single WP and 1 AP this week.

DrivenByAmbition
10-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Yes I would love sheets. Thank you!

mandydawn77
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm going to try a cookie recipe I seen on chocolate covered katie's website. I think my bananas are just about ready finally. It only has 3 ingredients so I surely can't mess it up. It's 1 pp per cookie. 2 ripe bananas mashed up with a cup of quick oats (pretty sure it's a cup) and 1/4 or 1/3 cup of walnuts (I'm going to use pecans). You just mix it up and it makes 16 cookies (I think) and you bake them at 350 degrees for something like 15 minutes and she says they are best warm right out of the oven. I can't wait to try them. She said you could do chocolate chips instead of nuts and the points are the same. I'll have to pull up the recipe again because I'm not positive on the amounts or time.

kmac1196
10-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning.

How's everyone been? On track? If not, why not?

This time of year can be tough because the weather is getting cooler and people look for comfort in foods/baking etc. Make sure you take the time to find lower point versions of your favorite fall things to help keep you on track. Being deprived is NOT where you want to be.

Anyone have any extra exercise this planned for this weekend?

DrivenByAmbition
10-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Morning!

Kmac*** can you send me links to printable circuit rotations?

Sweets have been making me feel blah lately so I am avoiding them and actually don't want them.

Plan on starting at gym next week. Hope I don't bulk up. I think I will stick with cardio a bit and then add in circuit training.

kmac1196
10-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Morning!

Mama can you send me links to printable circuit rotations?

Sweets have been making me feel blah lately so I am avoiding them and actually don't want them.

Plan on starting at gym next week. Hope I don't bulk up. I think I will stick with cardio a bit and then add in circuit training.

You can't add muscle while in a calorie deficit.

You make look bulkier as the muscles repair themselves they hang on to water and swell a bit. This will pass....don't stop working out. You will not get bulky.

rhaywith4
10-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Just starting the WW points plus plan again, on my own, and found this board....I just started school this semester and cant afford to go to the meetings(until I find a pt job). My point calculator is my new BFF. I have lost 1.9 this week and about 8 lbs from when I really put my mind to doing this...I just want to tell you guys/girls THANK YOU for the support you offer...My question, How long did it take until you started exercising? I have no motivation...

DrivenByAmbition
10-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks for advice kmac and sorry that my iPad autocorrected your name in my post.

PUPMOM5
10-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Rhay, I didn't start exercising until the 4th month, but I started at 279 and I really wanted to focus on food first. As I lost, I started to have more energy and feel better so I wanted to exercise. I've never regretted a work out.

kmac1196
10-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks for advice kmac and sorry that my iPad autocorrected your name in my post.

Oh, that's ok....let me link you the site to print from .

http://bodyforlife.com/library/exercise/weight-training

DrivenByAmbition
10-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks!

kmac1196
10-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Good Sunday morning.

I'm hoping that the lack of posting in this forum is due to everyone working out, planning for the week and meeting their goals.

October is mid way through. Time to assess your progress... Are you going to make your goals?

forkeeps2013
10-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Argh, another bad weigh-in yesterday! Well, I wasn't up but I didn't lose any of last week's gain either. I'm getting frustrated and thinking of quitting WW and going a completely different route. I won't quit losing weight, I just think I need a change. I have been researching the high-fat, low-carb options (sort of like Atkins or paleo, somewhere in between).

On another note, I made my black bean brownies again and brought them to a girls night out gathering last night. One person tried them and said she didn't like them, which was fine, I appreciate the honesty. But nobody else even tried them! I thought that was rude, especially after I was so proud about actually baking (they know I don't bake) and told them how excited I was for them to taste the brownies. I didn't even tell them how they were made. Oh well, more for my family, I guess.

Sorry, I'm just in a crabby mood today. I hate that I've worked hard and only lost 10 pounds since July 4. It's ridiculous and I have to do something about it.

DrivenByAmbition
10-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Have you thought about watching your carbs while counting points? Meat is high in protein low in carbs. How about fresh vegetables?

As for me, I will show a slight loss considering my gain last week. Back on plan and ready to lose 36 more lbs!

forkeeps2013
10-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Driven: I've thought about it but I'm afraid the "high fat" part of HFLC will put me way over points, so what's the sense in following the WW point system then. I supposed I could plug in a sample menu for a day or two and see how it looks.

I'm just discouraged right now, I guess. I feel like I need a change. I also am feeling guilty about spending $40 a month on WW especially now when we don't know when my husband will be allowed to go back to work. So I will take the next couple days and think about it.

Whatever I do, I am determined to get to my goal weight. That hasn't changed. I am not giving up. :)

SarainMN
10-13-2013, 06:23 PM
have you girls tried "no pudge fudge brownies" they are a mix and made with yogurt and they are 3pts...they are so good!

SarainMN
10-13-2013, 06:25 PM
anyone ever on prednisone
I have it for poison ivy and I have to take 4 pills a day for 5 days and then it decreases little by little
I've had 3 people tell me that they gained 10lbs on it so I'm freaked!!!! I don't want to sound crazy but I just got out of the 180's after being on a plateau for 7 months-I'm NOT gaining 10lbs!!!!
but so far so good-I don't really have a appetite!!

PUPMOM5
10-13-2013, 10:22 PM
ForKeeps, I went off WW for a few months - and I still lost, for awhile - but I noticed myself making bad choices because it's within calories and eating a lot less veggies and fruit. Maybe forgo paying for WW but still do it? There are apps that will count points that you can simply buy, not pay a subscription for. Maybe you can paper track? I'd be willing to be you're under a pretty good amount of stress - maybe that's why the scale is being rude to you? I totally totally understand your feelings of frustration!!

Sara, as a lifelong asthmatic, I get to take pred more than the average bear. Jilu had some awesome tips that got me through my last round: drink a TON of water. Pred may make you hungry and will make you bloat. Avoid salty snacks. I kept fruit and sugar free jello on hand for the times when I was ravenous. I didn't gain an ounce while on pred this last round.

SarainMN
10-13-2013, 10:28 PM
good to know PUPMOM thanks for the help
I have fresh fruit and cherry tomatoes ready to go hahaha

but so far-its making me nauseas so I don't want to eat anything...go figure

PUPMOM5
10-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Sara, it either doesn't effect me or makes me an empty pit of hunger! I hope it stops making you nauseous soon, that's got to suck. :(

fillupthesky
10-14-2013, 01:52 AM
fillupthesky, He's around 5'10" and ~340. He's got plenty to lose and he knows it - with a family history of heart problems and diabetes. He also struggles with depression, so it gets rough. I'd love for us to do this together! I just keep doing what I'm doing and hoping he might get on board soon.

sorry i never responded! i hope he gets on board soon too! maybe an angle to try would be that it would lift his mood and you guys can do more active things together.
either way, look like you're taking care of you. that's the most important thing.

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Good weigh in today. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

kmac1196
10-14-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm really not on the bandwagon of "bad foods" or "good foods". Carbs don't make you fat and it doesn't help you lose FAT if you stop eating them. Maybe water weight (as glycogen stores are depleted). Calorie surplus makes you fat...in any form....too many bananas over your calorie limit will lead to weight/fat gain. Too many ounces of chicken...etc..

WW works because it's a caloric deficit program. As all diets work. You pick one that is best for you. If Carbs make you have more cravings than lighten up on them....but generally they will help you adhere do your workout program better.

I've lost the first (almost) 50 lbs eating whatever I want. Seriously. Good/bad/ clean....whatever....I have HFCS and Fat and restaurant foods. All of it. I eat lots of carbs. I do however also eat lots of protein, too.

I think when you deprive yourself...and start doing things you SHOULD do....is when your mind/hormones....play all kinds of tricks on you and you could be setting yourself up for failure.

It's hard to lose weight because your body does not want you to lose weight. It goes against homeostasis...so it will slow down your energy needs (note I did not say starvation mode which is silly and for another day) and send out hunger signals like crazy. Hunker down and have patience. Losing fat is tough on your body so work outs shouldn't be all out killer either. Just enough to keep the train moving.....

Do some research....Pub Med....peer reviewed articles...

Alan Aragon
Lyle MacDonald
Leigh Peele

Lots of resources out there. But in the mean time....keep on going....If you are in a true deficit...You WILL lose weight.

DrivenByAmbition
10-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Weight watchers does work... In order to keep the weight off one does need to change his/her mindset

SarainMN
10-14-2013, 05:26 PM
WW for sure works
I've hit a plateau lately and started adding in watching my carbs and sodium...what a difference
keeping all those in check...my weight is dropping (with exercise as well)
again-just like WW says with all those things-I can still eat what I want but in moderation and portion control

PUPMOM5
10-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Sara, I keep thinking I should watch my carbs but to be honest, I love carbs SO much. ;) What I really struggle with is sodium - it seems like everything is high in sodium. And I know, I know, eating whole foods and so on is low in sodium, but WW works for me because I'm busy and I need to be able to just grab something quick.

SoMuchFattitude
10-15-2013, 02:54 PM
PUP - did you make them?! What'd you think?

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone is having a good day.

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Sara, I keep thinking I should watch my carbs but to be honest, I love carbs SO much. ;) What I really struggle with is sodium - it seems like everything is high in sodium. And I know, I know, eating whole foods and so on is low in sodium, but WW works for me because I'm busy and I need to be able to just grab something quick.

I'm just sayin...it helped me get over my rut...I mainly do WW but watching the carbs and sodium is helping get over that hump :)

PUPMOM5
10-15-2013, 06:09 PM
SoMuchFattitude, I'm waiting until Saturday! That way, if they're way TOO good to keep around, I can bring them with us to a BBQ and share. I'm pretty excited to try them, even though I'm dangerously ignorant in the kitchen.

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Is anyone at 26 points

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 08:28 PM
I am

hate it

jmcNY
10-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Hello girls, hopefully you don't mind me posting in here!! I realize I am starting mid month but I just started yesterday after just being disgusted with myself!! The last 6 month I have put on about 16 lbs!! :(. I have success with low carb but I just find if you start eating normal again it comes right back and then some!! I have had luck with WW in the past so i am giving it a go on my own! I just bought the Ultimate Value Diary App. Loving it, I am almost finding it addictive!! So far so good! Fridays are gonna b my weigh in days for obvious reasons. I feel excited at the possibility of being thin for our family trip in May!! Staying hopeful!! Good luck to everyone!! Loving some of these dessert ideas!! I definitely want to try the banana cookie one!! I like the idea of putting chocolate chips in but not opposed to the nuts!!

Well thanks for listening!!

DrivenByAmbition
10-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Welcome to our threads. Please feel free to post asking questions, venting, etc

jmcNY
10-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks Driven!! Looking forward talking to everyone on this thread! It helps to talk to people that are going thru the same thing!! :)

PUPMOM5
10-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Welcome jmc!

SarainMN
10-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Welcome

DrivenByAmbition
10-16-2013, 05:21 AM
I have 34 weeklies remaining and am thinking about using all my weeklies this week. Not earning activity points yet, but I would like to see if my body is still reacting the same as last time I lost the weight.

DrivenByAmbition
10-16-2013, 06:15 AM
I had read so many good things about eas shakes. I then went to look at product reviews and they have so many negative reviews based on new formula. I never had the old formula, but I'm sorry, that was just no good. The smell is horrible,the taste is nasty, and still have an after taste lingering off of 2 gulps. Yuck! Dumped it down the sink and throwing the others away. I hate wasting money.

PUPMOM5
10-16-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't do shakes - or smoothies. There are so many nice-looking smoothies on Pinterest, and then when I try to make them, they taste like a nightmare. Am I the only person left on earth that HATES the taste of greek yogurt?

DrivenByAmbition
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Uh, nope. Hehe I strongly dislike yogurt of most kinds.

SarainMN
10-16-2013, 05:13 PM
I don't like to drink my points
if I'm going to use points I need to chew them :lol:

Busymomx4
10-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope you don’t mind me joining you. I lost 142lbs and this past june was my 1-year maintenance but now i want to lose an extra 10 (to start with).

I work full time, have 4 kids (2 pre-teen girls and 2 teenage boys), 1 dog, 3 cats and a husband (soon, getting married next july).

I don’t work out and should...still have a lot of loose skin from weight loss (eventhough i was very lucky and had a medicare covered fleur de lys tummy tuck this past February).

I lost the weight fast but now i want to keep eating real food and i’m ok with it being slower...which is good as my body is holding on to each ounce.

First week stayed the same, second week gained 0.4, third week thankfully lost 4.2 but so far this week it shows a little gain...from thanksgiving dinner..i stayed on plan but used most of my weeklies.

But so far, i love this plan and am really enjoying it, which is a good thing cause with the slow losses, i would've given up already!

So that’s about it, looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Keep up the good work :)

mandydawn77
10-16-2013, 05:58 PM
I just wanted to say that I tried the cookie recipe and loved it. It's so easy! My 14-year-old daughter liked them, but said they would be better if they were a little sweeter. I already bought more bananas and I'm waiting on them to get good and ripe. This time I'm going to make them the same way, except I'm going to put a couple of chocolate chips on each cookie. I may cut back a little on the amount of pecans to offset the calories a bit. I might add a drop or two of my sweetener to it, but I didn't think it needed it personally. I brought some to work and they were a hit. One person can't wait to make them after our weigh in on Friday because she said she will probably eat all 16 over the weekend lol. She agreed that a couple of chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips would make them even better. I thought they tasted fine the next day. I didn't reheat them or anything. In fact I think they got a little sweeter after being in a baggy overnight. All it is is 2 bananas, 1 cup of quick oats, 1/4 cup of nuts and/or chocolate chips. I'm sure you could change it up many different ways, like adding peanut butter or whatever, but you would have to refigure the points of course. You all should try these they are wonderful and very filling!

DrivenByAmbition
10-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Sounds like you are doing great busy mom. Those sound wonderful Mandy.

SarainMN
10-16-2013, 10:45 PM
I just wanted to say that I tried the cookie recipe and loved it. It's so easy! My 14-year-old daughter liked them, but said they would be better if they were a little sweeter. I already bought more bananas and I'm waiting on them to get good and ripe. This time I'm going to make them the same way, except I'm going to put a couple of chocolate chips on each cookie. I may cut back a little on the amount of pecans to offset the calories a bit. I might add a drop or two of my sweetener to it, but I didn't think it needed it personally. I brought some to work and they were a hit. One person can't wait to make them after our weigh in on Friday because she said she will probably eat all 16 over the weekend lol. She agreed that a couple of chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips would make them even better. I thought they tasted fine the next day. I didn't reheat them or anything. In fact I think they got a little sweeter after being in a baggy overnight. All it is is 2 bananas, 1 cup of quick oats, 1/4 cup of nuts and/or chocolate chips. I'm sure you could change it up many different ways, like adding peanut butter or whatever, but you would have to refigure the points of course. You all should try these they are wonderful and very filling!

woah...i must have missed this
so just mix that all together-do you bake them?

DrivenByAmbition
10-17-2013, 08:19 AM
How many points and serving size?

mandydawn77
10-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Healthy Cookies
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 8 • Size: 2 cookies • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pt
Calories: 93 • Fat: 3.5 g • Carb: 15 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 2 g • Sugar: 4.5 g
Sodium: 0.4 mg

Ingredients:

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
1/4 cup crushed walnuts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat.

Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the walnuts and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.

Bake 15 minutes. Makes 16 cookies.

*Use gluten free oats such as Bob's Red Mill quick oats to make them gluten free.
Adapted from the Burlap Bag.

I made them again last night and put a couple of chocolate chips on top and they are even better. So, so easy!!! I wish my bananas would have been a little more ripe, but I was really wanting them last night lol. I had six points left for yesterday so I ate 6 cookies! It made 17 instead of 16 this time. I guess they were a little smaller than the first time around.

I hit a new low this morning 243.8 Yay!

SarainMN
10-17-2013, 08:00 PM
so I could take out the nuts and add some chocolate chips

ohhhh I can't wait to try...I have some bananas ripping right now :)

TFS

jmcNY
10-17-2013, 08:10 PM
I am def trying those cookies!! Thanks for posting the recipe!!

Tomorrow is going to be my first weigh in, I stepped on the scale today
just to see and I am down 3.5lbs since Monday!!

Soooo I have to pick your brains!! My husband and I are going out to dinner on Saturday with our friends!! MEXICAN!! Any ideas of what I can have??? I have yet to use any of my 49 pts I just don't want to get in the habit of using them but then I hear its good to use them.

Anywho, wish me luck on Sat, this outing was planned before I started the diet. I want to enjoy myself but not ruin a great first week!!

Hope everyone is having a great WW week!! :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Chicken quesadilla is my go to 7 pts.

Busymomx4
10-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Ugh, well today was my WI and as i figured, i'm up 0.8lbs, it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take me a month to lose 4lbs! I don't know why WW never works for me...i stay within my point and eat healty, it should be enough, shouldn't it?? Maybe i should try to eat even lower carbs..i don't know what else to do. And because i'm doing it online..i don't have a coach to ask...

Thanks for letting me vent! Hope everyone's having a great day! TGIF!

SarainMN
10-18-2013, 10:29 AM
i posted before that I also do My Fitness Pal and watch EVERYTHING!!! carbs, sodium, fat, carbs...it goes by your weight and height and what all those numbers should be...its helped me tremendously!!

SarainMN
10-18-2013, 10:31 AM
sodium is evil and in everything!! something so little as a tbsp of soy sauce is over 1,000 and you only get 2,500 in a day

SarainMN
10-18-2013, 09:04 PM
I am def trying those cookies!! Thanks for posting the recipe!!

Tomorrow is going to be my first weigh in, I stepped on the scale today
just to see and I am down 3.5lbs since Monday!!

Soooo I have to pick your brains!! My husband and I are going out to dinner on Saturday with our friends!! MEXICAN!! Any ideas of what I can have??? I have yet to use any of my 49 pts I just don't want to get in the habit of using them but then I hear its good to use them.

Anywho, wish me luck on Sat, this outing was planned before I started the diet. I want to enjoy myself but not ruin a great first week!!

Hope everyone is having a great WW week!! :)

I usually go for rice and chicken something :lol:
but get what you want...eat half and take the other half home

PUPMOM5
10-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Deltawifey, WW posted today that they did an update and it messed up the eTools for awhile (and erased anything at all you did yesterday)

DrivenByAmbition
10-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Oh wow, at least it was a major malfunction which lost all data.

DrivenByAmbition
10-19-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm sure they will have it fixed soon.

jmcNY
10-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Well yesterday was as bad as predicted but I am back on plan!! Not going anywhere near a scale till at least Thursday!! Is what it is, I don't feel discouraged just gotta get right back up on that horse!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!! :)

DrivenByAmbition
10-20-2013, 11:41 AM
That's the right attitude. Have a good ww week

PUPMOM5
10-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Our 1 year anniversary = not going to be able to do the Wendie plan again this week, because I'm going to blow through most of my WP today! We just had our anniversary cake, luckily it was very small.

DrivenByAmbition
10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Showed a gain. I'm disappointed in myself because I know I have trouble losing when I drink alcohol, then a late dinner after spending 2 hrs at a restaurant last night, I know I'm retaining water... I'm sad because I felt like it was still an on plan week, but maybe I did overdo it a bit. My goal for this week will to be not eat out more than once. I would love to lose 15 by New Years, or at least 10. I'm hoping my weight drops in the morning.

Jilu
10-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Alright. Here I am.

I've had a hard few weeks. I had a miscarriage in late September and let myself get swallowed up by work and everything else that was basically not taking care of myself. I didn't really tell anybody besides my husband because it was really early (like 7 weeks), so I also didn't get to grieve with anyone and kind of chose not to deal with it for a while.

But! We did lots of tests, etc and figured out that next time we will have to do some hormone supplements for the first trimester. So, I've got the go ahead to start trying again next month sometime.

SoMuchFattitude
10-21-2013, 01:10 PM
So sorry for your loss Jilu. <3

PUPMOM5
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm so sorry, Jilu. :hug:

Lesstort
10-21-2013, 03:55 PM
October is Pumpkin Spice Latte season! I can't justify spending so many points on a beverage, not to mention the money. I found a cheaper option (pts+ and $) Ask for a Short 1 pump Pumpkin Spice Coffee Misto - ONLY 1 POINT even with 2% milk. It tastes just like a PS Latte and it's just enough to warm you up.

DrivenByAmbition
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry for your loss :(

Jilu
10-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

DrivenByAmbition
10-22-2013, 08:07 AM
198.6 this morning.breads for a woosh

PUPMOM5
10-22-2013, 10:11 AM
I might be a little quiet for a few days. I have a lot of paper writing this week, but I should get a break this weekend before I'm launched into some paper grading.

Jilu
10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Grading. One thing I do not miss from grad school. I still have flashbacks from freshman chemistry lab reports I would get.

PUPMOM5
10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
It seems like it's quiet here anyway!

NSV: for the first time since childhood, I can wrap a normal bath towel around me after a shower and wear it. I think this is the most amazing thing that's come from my weight loss so far.

DrivenByAmbition
10-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Great NSV!

jmcNY
10-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Hello Everyone!!!

Well tomorrow is weigh in day for me! I checked this morning and I am done .6 but its because I gained 1.5 from my Sat debacle!! I hate having to play catch up!! If I didn't cheat like that I would have been down over 2 lbs, oh well!

I am nervous about tomorrow for the last three days I have been feeling so bloated!! I just don't want that showing up on the scale!! Ughhhhh!

Wish me luck tomorrow!! I hope everyone is having a good WW week!! I will post my end result tomorrow!! :/

DrivenByAmbition
10-25-2013, 08:17 AM
198.6 is getting pretty old ):

straightahead
10-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone! it has been awhile since I have logged on. Nice to see both familiar and new faces. Julu- sorry for your loss

I have made some good strides in my career while away, but the eating has gone downhill. October was the month of cake, donuts, and fundraiser chocolate bars. Very bad. I have been staying within 171-174 range, but today I was 175 and I feel stomachachy. So it is time to stop messing around. This week, I am cutting out those sweets, increasing water, and making half of my meals veggies. Next week, it is back to counting points. I have an incentive planned to buy myself a cute yoga mat when I am under 170.

I wish everyone a good week!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

DrivenByAmbition
10-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Great attitude. Just get back at it.

mandydawn77
10-29-2013, 10:05 AM
straightahead - Oh those fundraiser chocolate bars. My son has been selling those this month too and I've eaten more than my fair share of them. In fact, I had a dark almond bar last night! I had enough points left for it though and after the brutal zumba class I endured I figured I deserved it :) I love my zumba, but last night was rough.

My weigh in today was 240.4 and, considering it was 242.2 yesterday, I'm happy with that. I'm still not back to my lowest weight in from last week, but eventually I'll see 238 again. I'm so close to that 100 pounds lost mark. I can't wait to pass that up and head for my next goal of getting under 200!