Metabolic Research Center - MRC October 2013

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : MRC October 2013

skelley331
10-01-2013, 06:18 AM
Hello Ladies,

As Marlene stated in the sept post let's start October out with "I won't" and "I Choose"!!!

So starting today I Choose to eat healthier and I won't let food control me anymore!

Everyone has been a true supporter on here, i'm glad to see some new people that I haven't seen on here before! :carrot:

We Can Do This!!!

patzi
10-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Want to wish everyone a healthy and great weight loss month.

I don't know if I posted this or not, but weighed in yesterday vs. today and maintained.

Patzi

skelley331
10-01-2013, 08:49 AM
congratulations Patzi, that's awesome!:carrot:

gumdropmom
10-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi ladies,

I've only posted once I think. But...I'm ready to jump in with both feet! I'm about six weeks into the program and down 14 lbs. Lately for a variety of circumstances I've fallen off program...not daily. It is hard (duh) running after two teens and a tween and hubby and I are on opposite full time schedules. But...I'm not giving up! Weekends are more challenging than weekdays for multiple reasons. I regularly do a treadmill workout and strength training and struggle with hypothyroidism. I think the weight will come off more sluggishly, but I'm sticking with it. I enjoy all your posts and find your thoughts encouraging. I have a hard time getting to the center as I have to drive quite a way. I plan to go tomorrow!

CelticHarpie
10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Great idea, Skelley.

Here's my October mantra: I choose to be excited about being on plan and I won't beat myself up if I slip up a little.

Went to the center and I'm down another 2.5 lbs from Saturday's weigh in. So my total loss with the program has been 17 lbs and 19.5 inches. I'm really excited as I haven't seen the 180's in at least 10 years. Will need to keep my steps up (thanks fitbit) as this weekend is a football/tailgate thing for homecoming.

cmarty
10-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Congrats to Celtic, Gumdrop and Patsy!
Skelley...so glad to see you back...

Well, we are weighing in twice a week at my center this week! I weighed in today after eating supper (ugh!), But, I had lost a pound and a half in 4 days. I think that is good.Yeeeeehawwwwww:carrot:
Does anyone know what seasoning you use to make turkey tacos?

skelley331
10-01-2013, 07:14 PM
wow i'm excited to see everyone jumping on here and being supportive!
Welcome gumdropmom and celticharpie!

Cmarty congrats on your loss that's awesome. I will go Thursday at 9;30 and get back on plan!!! I'm so ready to do this and hope to stay on plan this time around!!!

Let's Do This together!!! YAHOOO!!! :grouphug::woohoo:

Lettergirl74
10-01-2013, 09:09 PM
CMarty- I have been using Mrs.Dash in my turkey tacos. I bought a new kind that is spicy. It gives it a little kick and the family likes it.
I am now on day 21 of the program and have lost 14 lbs. My goal for October is to lose 10 pounds. My counselor said that she thinks I will lose 15. I am full of motivation and determination to prove her right.
When I signed up for MRC they gave me a paper about feeders. It is so true. Feeders are everywhere. People want you to try this food and taste that food and seem a little irritated when you refuse. I guess there are always going to be people out there that see us doing good, eating healthy, and losing weight and want to sabotage us for whatever reason. I say "Bring it on!" Lol.
It sounds like everyone is doing an awesome job! Keep it up and keep investing in yourself and your health & happiness!!!
Wendy :-)

MarleneV
10-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Glad to see everyone excited. Good job on the losses.

Skelley, you'll do fine. Hope the pre-con is going well.

CelticHarpie
10-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Cmarty, I use the Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic. I also sautéed green onions and diced bell peppers and cook those in with the turkey for added flavor. I'm a transplant from Arizona, so I can't go but a couple of days without my Mexican food fix.

cmarty
10-02-2013, 06:33 AM
Cmarty, I use the Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic. I also sautéed green onions and diced bell peppers and cook those in with the turkey for added flavor. I'm a transplant from Arizona, so I can't go but a couple of days without my Mexican food fix.

Thanks Celtic, I'll try that in my tacos next time, sounds great!

cmarty
10-02-2013, 06:35 AM
CMarty- I have been using Mrs.Dash in my turkey tacos. I bought a new kind that is spicy. It gives it a little kick and the family likes it.
I am now on day 21 of the program and have lost 14 lbs. My goal for October is to lose 10 pounds. My counselor said that she thinks I will lose 15. I am full of motivation and determination to prove her right.
When I signed up for MRC they gave me a paper about feeders. It is so true. Feeders are everywhere. People want you to try this food and taste that food and seem a little irritated when you refuse. I guess there are always going to be people out there that see us doing good, eating healthy, and losing weight and want to sabotage us for whatever reason. I say "Bring it on!" Lol.
It sounds like everyone is doing an awesome job! Keep it up and keep investing in yourself and your health & happiness!!!

WHOO! HOO! Lettergirl, Keep up the good work! 14 lbs is great!

skelley331
10-02-2013, 08:59 AM

Lettergirl: Congrats on your 14 lb loss, awesome!!!:carrot:

skelley331
10-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Glad to see everyone excited. Good job on the losses.

Skelley, you'll do fine. Hope the pre-con is going well.

Thanks Marlene, but i'm not doing the pre-con, I go in tomorrow to get my HNS's and supplements and start back on the green menu, at least that's what my counselor told me, I started maintenance on Jan 4th of this year and this past month I took a tumble, so i'm going to get back on plan (the green menu) until I get back to my goal weight. I'm so excited!!! :carrot:

skelley331
10-02-2013, 09:03 AM
I found the metabolic research facebook page and they have incredible receipes, I've been printing them off so I can incorporate them while on the green menu but then also a lot of them are for maintenance so i'm hoping this will help me with the boredom I get eating the same thing over and over, I think that was my biggest problem.

Cmarty you talk about turkey tacos, I love tacos but what do you use for the shell?

MarleneV
10-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Skelley, I thought I'd read that you were going to do pre-con until you went in. Maybe that was someone else... Oh well, good to see that you are excited to start back.

Hope that everyone has a good day!

twinkletoes75
10-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Has this ever happened to anyone else? I hit maintenance(great!). However, i went off program (calorie counting) for 2 days ( not real crazy but a little crazy) and already went back up 10 lbs. what the heck for 2 days of extras....does it come back off quickly once you start eating right again? :/

Lady67
10-02-2013, 12:53 PM
I found the metabolic research facebook page and they have incredible receipes, I've been printing them off so I can incorporate them while on the green menu but then also a lot of them are for maintenance so i'm hoping this will help me with the boredom I get eating the same thing over and over, I think that was my biggest problem.

Cmarty you talk about turkey tacos, I love tacos but what do you use for the shell?

skelley - I use tortilla shells (the mia mama's) or I will just have a taco salad. that seems to take care of my need for mexican.

I will also cut up chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes and green onion and do a fajita with onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and cayenne powder. YUMMY!

skelley331
10-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Has this ever happened to anyone else? I hit maintenance(great!). However, i went off program (calorie counting) for 2 days ( not real crazy but a little crazy) and already went back up 10 lbs. what the heck for 2 days of extras....does it come back off quickly once you start eating right again? :/

twinketoes:

I started maintenance on jan 4th of this year, they had me counting calories as well, after about two months though all my cravings came back and once I went off plan I've gained about 11 1/2 lbs in a week but not 2 days. Could be you are holding water maybe? But I've struggled ever since and i'm going back to my center tomorrow after being away for 4 wks to get back on track.
Goodluck, keep coming back here because you get a lot of support.

skelley331
10-02-2013, 01:49 PM
skelley - I use tortilla shells (the mia mama's) or I will just have a taco salad. that seems to take care of my need for mexican.

I will also cut up chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes and green onion and do a fajita with onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and cayenne powder. YUMMY!

Okay great, I will look and see if our local store carries the mia mama's, i'm going to buy the Mrs dash spices also. Thank you:)

Lady67
10-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Skelley - I live in a small town. My local grocery does not carry them, and I go to HyVee in their healthy food section to get those tortillas. :)

faerychic
10-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi Ladies - lots of activity here lately! I have not posted in quite some time -I am also a maintenance failure. Gained back 16 pounds since starting maintenance in July 2012. I really need to get the weight off - been having migraines and my blood pressure is way up. Doc put me back on BP med's which is helping with migraines and keeping my BP down. Anyway, my reason for checking in today is that I am going to go back "on plan" but not go back to the center. I'll just do it on my own and come here for support ;) I just cannot afford to go back to the center and purchase all the supplements and HNS's.

Good luck to everyone!

faerychic
10-02-2013, 02:57 PM

I cannot say I gained 10 pounds in 2 days, but the weight does come back on quickly. In my experience if I ate poorly for a couple of days and put on a few pounds it would come off if I went back to eating on plan (mainly limiting carbs)

twinkletoes75
10-02-2013, 04:18 PM
twinketoes:

I started maintenance on jan 4th of this year, they had me counting calories as well, after about two months though all my cravings came back and once I went off plan I've gained about 11 1/2 lbs in a week but not 2 days. Could be you are holding water maybe? But I've struggled ever since and i'm going back to my center tomorrow after being away for 4 wks to get back on track.
Goodluck, keep coming back here because you get a lot of support.

Skelley331 - I am sure hoping it is water weight. I am back on my "diet plan" as of yesterday. Going to go purchase some HNS and settle back into that routine again for a while. I don't know if I will ever be able to handle eating "normally" again. I still have issues with fighting the "food demon" that lives in my brain. I will forever be, no matter what weight I get to, a fat chick! I thought losing the weight would make a difference. It has to a degree but it still isn't good enough. I don't know how to change that part of me... :shrug::shrug::shrug:

skelley331
10-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi Ladies - lots of activity here lately! I have not posted in quite some time -I am also a maintenance failure. Gained back 16 pounds since starting maintenance in July 2012. I really need to get the weight off - been having migraines and my blood pressure is way up. Doc put me back on BP med's which is helping with migraines and keeping my BP down. Anyway, my reason for checking in today is that I am going to go back "on plan" but not go back to the center. I'll just do it on my own and come here for support ;) I just cannot afford to go back to the center and purchase all the supplements and HNS's.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi faerychic, i'm so glad you came back to this site, it does help me out a lot. I'm going to get the HNS's and the oils because I really like them and the multi-vitamin, EFA's and the total woman I haven't found really any cheaper. Now the HNS"s I love the peach mango so I don't really mind buying those, I spent way more on starbucks a week than the HNS's (yes that was my biggest downfall-starbucks) :(
I couldn't believe how fast the inches came back WOW!!!

Good luck to you and please come here often and let us know how you are doing, this forum is the best! :carrot:

skelley331
10-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Skelley331 - I am sure hoping it is water weight. I am back on my "diet plan" as of yesterday. Going to go purchase some HNS and settle back into that routine again for a while. I don't know if I will ever be able to handle eating "normally" again. I still have issues with fighting the "food demon" that lives in my brain. I will forever be, no matter what weight I get to, a fat chick! I thought losing the weight would make a difference. It has to a degree but it still isn't good enough. I don't know how to change that part of me... :shrug::shrug::shrug:

twinkeltoes:

I agree, it's a mind thing, they say losing is the easy part, keeping it off is the hardest. I crave sweets and salty items, I looked it up and it says that when you crave these two items your body is low on glucose and sodium?? I'm going to ask my counselor tomorrow about this. I know that when I stay away from high carbs I don't have cravings but it's so hard for me. But if we all stick together on this form I think it will help us all!!! I will never be able to eat whatever I want, I do know that for a fact. I went online to pinterest and found a lot of metabolic research healthy receipies that im going to try. :)

skelley331
10-02-2013, 04:26 PM
twinketoes:

I just noticed you are only a inch shorter than me and you are already down in the 140's, I want to get to 155? I was down to 150 and I felt to thin (OMG did I just say too thin) and it could be that my skin was so loose and looked gross!! :dizzy:

cmarty
10-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I am glad to see a lot of people posting here again. I was beginning to wonder if anyone would come back.

Skelley, I use a wheat tortilla. I don't know if this is right or not! I guess I need to find out. Sometimes, I heat up the tortilla to eat it like a taco salad!
I am going to check out some of those different ways to make food. I get bored easily!

skelley331
10-02-2013, 09:26 PM
I am glad to see a lot of people posting here again. I was beginning to wonder if anyone would come back.

Skelley, I use a wheat tortilla. I don't know if this is right or not! I guess I need to find out. Sometimes, I heat up the tortilla to eat it like a taco salad!
I am going to check out some of those different ways to make food. I get bored easily!

cmarty:

yes it's exciting to see everyone on here, I so needed this! I go tomorrow at 9:30 am yahoo!!! I know on my green menu it says 1/2 of a corn or flour tortilla! Yes I get bored easily too, that's when I want to stray off plan so i'm going to mix it up. :carrot:

patzi
10-03-2013, 06:34 AM
To view any private messages you have to now download.. I was hesitant on this, as my Anti Virus kept coming up blocking it, so if anyone was trying to reach me, I am sorry.

If I eat too many carbs, I can gain three pounds next day. It takes me awhile to get it off, sometimes a week, but I am a very slow loser.

I found with maintenance, can never go back to old ways of eating, so I try to eat as healthy as possible.

Patzi

skelley331
10-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Okay today is the day!! I'm going back to my MRC center so wish me luck!! I'ts been a month since I've been there, wow!! I'm excited to get back on plan and get back to my goal weight!! I'll post later how it all went!! :carrot:

Lady67
10-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Okay today is the day!! I'm going back to my MRC center so wish me luck!! I'ts been a month since I've been there, wow!! I'm excited to get back on plan and get back to my goal weight!! I'll post later how it all went!! :carrot:

woohoo, congrats Skelley!! I believe in you and know you can do it!

as for the carbs ladies, my counselor told me that if you eat the "bad carbs" your body will crave it for 4 days. It takes that long to get out of your system. Just something to think about if you "choose" to eat those carbs.

skelley331
10-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Hello Ladies!

Well it's official, I went back in to my MRC center and weighed in, I was up more than I expected but that's ok. It was a sad day for me because I found out that my counselor who has been with me from day one left the center a month ago, just right after I had seen her at my last visit. I'll miss her terribly! The new girl she trained tried to tell me I had to re-enroll for $99, I stood my ground and told her that I had 3 months of maintenance left and that during my last visit with my counselor I was told I could go back on the green menu. So anyway she finally agreed!! Whew! I got my HNS's and supplements ( EFA's, total woman, multivitamin) I did buy the MRC-6 and Cortitrim as it helped me so much the first time around! So tomorrow will be my day one on the green menu! I go back next Friday to weigh in after my first week!! I'm so excited!!! :carrot::carrot:

I went to the grocery and bought all kinds of fruit, melba toast, steamed vegetables so i'm ready!!!!

cmarty
10-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Lady 67,

That is why I craved carbs! Oh I have to be careful. When I start on the carbs I go off the deep in!

Skelley: Glad your back.:carrot:..looking forward to hearing about your weight loss soon. I weigh in tomorrow afternoon!

skelley331
10-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Lady 67,

That is why I craved carbs! Oh I have to be careful. When I start on the carbs I go off the deep in!

Skelley: Glad your back.:carrot:..looking forward to hearing about your weight loss soon. I weigh in tomorrow afternoon!

cmarty!

thank you and goodluck tomorrow with your weigh in and I too look forward to my weight loss!!

skelley331
10-04-2013, 09:27 AM
good morning!

I'm feeling great today, started my HNS's and supplements and my green menu!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :carrot:

twinkletoes75
10-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I went back in today as well...im up 2.5 pounds so back on menu for me! hopefully i can get back down and find balance...

skelley331
10-04-2013, 02:04 PM
I went back in today as well...im up 2.5 pounds so back on menu for me! hopefully i can get back down and find balance...

twinkletoes75:

You'll be fine, and you can get that 2.5 lbs off pretty quick, I have 20lbs to get back off!!! :dizzy:

twinkletoes75
10-04-2013, 02:37 PM
twinkletoes75:

You'll be fine, and you can get that 2.5 lbs off pretty quick, I have 20lbs to get back off!!! :dizzy:

Thanks Skelley331...i hope so... and 20 lbs will go by in no time. thanks for all the encouragement! :D

cmarty
10-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Twinkletoes: It's ok just pick up where you left off!

Skelley: Great getting back on track...sometimes I think that is the hardest part!

I lost another 1/2 pound in three days...we're weighing twice a week. So that is 2 pounds this week! YOO! HOO!:cb:

I made a couple of mistakes this week! I ate a tortilla which should have been less than 50 calories. Also, I had cheese twice one day. I hope to get better next week!

Also, does anyone know if there is a limit on artificial sweetners?

skelley331
10-04-2013, 04:10 PM

Skelley: Great getting back on track...sometimes I think that is the hardest part!

I lost another 1/2 pound in three days...we're weighing twice a week. So that is 2 pounds this week! YOO! HOO!:cb:

I made a couple of mistakes this week! I ate a tortilla which should have been less than 50 calories. Also, I had cheese twice one day. I hope to get better next week!

cmarty: Awesome on the weight loss, I go back next Friday so i'm hoping for at least 2-3 lbs loss but we will see!!

Yes you are allowed 3 packets a day

twinkletoes75
10-04-2013, 04:59 PM

Cmarty: Your only suppose to have 3/4 packs of sweetner...However i have used more than 3/4 during my weight loss. Same with sugar free gum...I eat the tar out of some gum. I figure its better than me eating something I shouldn't..

skelley331
10-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Well I made it thru day one of the green menu and feel pretty good! I know I can do this!!! :carrot:

cmarty
10-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Hope to be back at the weight I had already lost down to in 2 weeks. Then, I need to stay on track until I beat this thing! Aiming for 134 by Thanksgiving. That is 20 pounds ...hope I can do it! I have to focus....and I have to say I won't do this to myself again! I am in control!

:yay:

skelley331
10-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Hope to be back at the weight I had already lost down to in 2 weeks. Then, I need to stay on track until I beat this thing! Aiming for 134 by Thanksgiving. That is 20 pounds ...hope I can do it! I have to focus....and I have to say I won't do this to myself again! I am in control!

:yay:

cmarty: I'm right there with you and will support you all the way!!! We can do this and I won't do this to myself again either!! :carrot:

JenB72
10-05-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm so excited that I've officially lost over half the weight I wanted to lose. YAY!!!! I weighed in on Friday and since then I've already lost another 1.5 pounds. One of the perks of TTOM being almost over. Weight just starts falling off. That's why I don't get too upset when I'm PMSing. Yeah, its a little frustrating for about a week to 10 days plateauing, however, it does eventually come off.

skelley331
10-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Congrats JenB72 that's awesome!!

I started back to MRC last Thursday and i'm down 5lbs already and 15 lbs more to go!!! :carrot:

patzi
10-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Jen & Skelley..
Congrats to both of you.

Patzi

cmarty
10-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Congratulations Jen and Skelley!

skelley331
10-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Congratulations Jen and Skelley!

Thanks cmarty!!

skelley331
10-07-2013, 08:39 AM
It's Monday and a new week, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did really good and stayed pretty much on plan, I did have a MRC vanilla wafer bar as a snack sat night but at least it's on the green menu (maybe not as a snack but I wanted something chocolate and it worked). Looking forward to a great loss this week when I go weigh in Friday morning. Feeling great!!:dancer::cheer3::dust:

JenB72
10-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Weighed in at lunch and down another pound since Friday. Still loving my Fitbit Flex. It's made me more mindful of my choices while on the green menu and I have yet to cheat in six weeks. It's an amazing feeling! :)

skelley331
10-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Weighed in at lunch and down another pound since Friday. Still loving my Fitbit Flex. It's made me more mindful of my choices while on the green menu and I have yet to cheat in six weeks. It's an amazing feeling! :)

Awesome and congratulations! How does that fitbit flex work? I've looked at I online, I don't exercise but i'm up and down a lot. How does it help you be more mindful? Just curious!:)

faerychic
10-07-2013, 01:40 PM
First day back on the wagon for me. I won't be going back to the MRC center as I don't have any weeks left and I just cannot afford the fee and their supplements right now. Since I still have al the materials I will be on my own - I'll be doing the meta-balance plan. Faced the scale this morning - it worse that I thought! Probably due to my last supper LOL.

Good luck to everyone this week - hope we're all successful losers :p

skelley331
10-07-2013, 04:11 PM
First day back on the wagon for me. I won't be going back to the MRC center as I don't have any weeks left and I just cannot afford the fee and their supplements right now. Since I still have al the materials I will be on my own - I'll be doing the meta-balance plan. Faced the scale this morning - it worse that I thought! Probably due to my last supper LOL.

Hang in there faerychic! I was the same way, I got up to 175 wow, I was at 158 before things got out of control, but like you we realized what was going on and are doing something about it. You can do this, just jump on here for support! I know i'll need it for sure. :carrot:

cmarty
10-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Faerychic

Several of us have fell off the wagon...but we picked ourselves up and went at it again..Glad your back with us!

I'm having a great week...the scale keeps going down every morning I get on it. I'll weigh in tomorrow. I'll be half way through the week! It is looking good and my willpower is getting better!I want to conquer this fat once and for all!:carrot:

Skelley, I remember you talking about the pancakes you used to eat. Are they on plan? I think you go them online!

rwquilts
10-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Good job to everyone sticking to it and dropping the lbs. I went into my center today and purchased 5 boxes of drinks to have on hand just in case. My maintenance expires tomorrow and this was a spur of the moment decision. When I realized maintenance was ending I worried a bit. Although I've done well and haven't even been to weigh in since January. But I have them just in case. She congratulated me and I thanked her for helping change my life.

skelley331
10-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Faerychic

Several of us have fell off the wagon...but we picked ourselves up and went at it again..Glad your back with us!

I'm having a great week...the scale keeps going down every morning I get on it. I'll weigh in tomorrow. I'll be half way through the week! It is looking good and my willpower is getting better!I want to conquer this fat once and for all!:carrot:

Skelley, I remember you talking about the pancakes you used to eat. Are they on plan? I think you go them online!

yes I bought them online at www.dietdirect.com I count them as a starch, low carb high protein

skelley331
10-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Good job to everyone sticking to it and dropping the lbs. I went into my center today and purchased 5 boxes of drinks to have on hand just in case. My maintenance expires tomorrow and this was a spur of the moment decision. When I realized maintenance was ending I worried a bit. Although I've done well and haven't even been to weigh in since January. But I have them just in case. She congratulated me and I thanked her for helping change my life.

rwquilts: you have been such an inspiration for me in my journey with MRC, I have had ups and downs and you are always so positive, I hope to be there and follow your way, you've done great! I guess I should say I will be there! :carrot:

cmarty
10-08-2013, 01:24 AM

I am trying to get where you are! Thanks for showing us it can be done! I hope I can change my life too!
We started at about the same weight and I would like to get to the same goal!

CelticHarpie
10-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Well, I was away over the weekend for my university homecoming (lots of tailgating and being in Chicago with all it's myriad of delicious and fattening foods). When I came home on Sunday, I was up 4 lbs from my Friday weigh in. However, as of this morning, I'm back to just up 1 lb from Friday. By tomorrow, I should have the weekend weight off.

I'm ok with it. I've been really on plan while I'm here at home, but it's just silly for me (everyone is different) to try to stay on plan while on a vacation trip. I did limit my beer intake and tried to stay away from carbs as much as possible. All in all, I'm guessing that much of it was due to more sodium than I'm used to.

Per my fitbit flex, I was very active all three days (over 12,000 steps each day). That obviously helped to mitigate some of my food choices.

Lady67
10-08-2013, 11:21 AM

Hi faerychic - I am also on meta-balance! I know you can do it! I love to come here and listen to everyone's story. It helps me stay on track and and helps me feel better if I do fall off the wagon.

I will be the first to admit I am an emotional eater - and have fallen off the wagon. But once I do, I hop right back on.

faerychic
10-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back! One day down........losing the weight is not the hard part - it is keeping it off! I cannot tell you how many times I have lost weight only to put it back on. I keep thinking this time will be different. I know what I need to do to keep the weight off - my problem I gradually start eating more & more items I should stay away from. To have success I will always need to watch what I eat. I have spoken to a few friends about how they maintain their weight - seems they continually watch what they eat and exercise.

Thanks for listening - always open to input. Have a great day everyone!

cmarty
10-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back! One day down........losing the weight is not the hard part - it is keeping it off! I cannot tell you how many times I have lost weight only to put it back on. I keep thinking this time will be different. I know what I need to do to keep the weight off - my problem I gradually start eating more & more items I should stay away from. To have success I will always need to watch what I eat. I have spoken to a few friends about how they maintain their weight - seems they continually watch what they eat and exercise.

Faerychic, I agree with you keeping it off is the hardest. We just can't go back to our bad habits!

I lost a pound...progress is slow..but at least it is moving down. I am weighing every 3 days at the center right now. I wish I knew what to do to move it along faster. I haven't started exercising yet. I did that one time and gained weight!

skelley331
10-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Faerychic, I agree with you keeping it off is the hardest. We just can't go back to our bad habits!

I lost a pound...progress is slow..but at least it is moving down. I am weighing every 3 days at the center right now. I wish I knew what to do to move it along faster. I haven't started exercising yet. I did that one time and gained weight!

cmarty the closer you get to your goal the slower and harder the weight comes off! Hang in there it will happen!:carrot:

skelley331
10-08-2013, 09:16 PM

I'm the same way, did WW, went to a weight dr, atkins, you name it I've tried it , lost weight, gained it back, but with MRC this is the first time I didn't gain all my weight back before getting back on track. :carrot:

skelley331
10-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi faerychic - I am also on meta-balance! I know you can do it! I love to come here and listen to everyone's story. It helps me stay on track and and helps me feel better if I do fall off the wagon.

I will be the first to admit I am an emotional eater - and have fallen off the wagon. But once I do, I hop right back on.

Lady67: I too am an emotional eater so it's very hard for me and I have fallen off plan too many times, but like you I get back on the next day! I've tried to be perfect but I feel that if I do gain a few pounds at least I know what to do to get it back off. We only live once! :cool:

JenB72
10-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Awesome and congratulations! How does that fitbit flex work? I've looked at I online, I don't exercise but i'm up and down a lot. How does it help you be more mindful? Just curious!:)

To be honest, I don't exercise at all...yet. ;)

First off, it tracks my steps for me just like a pedometer. You just enter how long your stride length is when you set it up and then it tracks it for you. The thing I hate about traditional pedometers is that they constantly fall off. It also translates that into actual miles traveled.

Next, it tracks your calories burned. It takes into account your Basal Metabolic Rate and the calories you move as you move around during the day, whether it's just walking as you normally do, or full on exercising.

It also links to other apps such as myfitnesspal.com and runkeeper.com, among others. Tracking calories was a shock to me in maintenance. Before, it was just follow the green menu and the weight will come off and while that is true, the calories in one of the selections can be much greater than in another. For example, the calories and fat content in 2 oz. of cheese vs. 4 oz. of chicken. It explained to me why I had a harder time losing weight some times on the green menu even though I was following it. So, by tracking my food and calorie intake now, I'm hoping for a smoother transition back to maintenance. In addition, you can choose what calorie plan you want to be on based on how much weight you want to lose and how fast you want to lose it. At the end of the day, it's about your calorie deficit. I am on the "Kinda hard" plan which is losing 1.5 pounds a week. It calculates that I have to have a 750 calorie deficit between my food calorie intake and the calories I burn throughout the day.

That brings me to the next feature which is the integrated food diary. Although FitBit does have a place for you to log in your foods, I have linked my FitBit to My Fitness Pal since MFPs Food Database is much more extensive. So as I log my foods in...ALL FOODS...every little bite...it deducts it from my calories remaining for the day. This is what I mean by being more mindful of the choices I make. If I don't walk around and get my steps in, my calorie burn goes down and if it goes down, then there goes my calorie deficit if I eat more than I burn. :o

It also has a water tracker. As I drink, it gets logged. It also has "quick icons" so that if I drink a 16.9 oz. bottle of water, I click the pick of it and hit the log it button. Takes the guess work out of trying to remember if I got all my water in.

If I were to start exercising, it can link with several different exercise apps, such as RunKeeper, but you can also directly add your activities into the app or website to track them.

Another cool feature, is it tracks your sleep. As you may have heard, not getting enough sleep can cause you to gain weight. So, before I go to sleep, I tap the band, it vibrates briefly letting me know I'm now in sleep mode. When I wake up, I do the same thing and it puts me back in active mode. It tells me how many times I was restless during the night, if I woke up, how long it took before it sensed I was asleep and how long I sleep. Bottom line, I need to go to bed earlier! LOL :yawn:

And of course, it has a weight tracker.

Since I'm on the app many times a day, it puts my weight loss front and center, and it makes it, dare I say, a little fun. It's like I'm competing with myself. And if you want to compete with others to see who can be more active, there is a free website called myfitnessleague.com that integrates with FitBit.

Ever since getting it, I haven't cheated, consistently lost weight, and have a new found confidence every time I walk into my center. I can't say enough how much I love this little gadget. The new-ness has yet to wear off.

Lady67
10-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Lady67: I too am an emotional eater so it's very hard for me and I have fallen off plan too many times, but like you I get back on the next day! I've tried to be perfect but I feel that if I do gain a few pounds at least I know what to do to get it back off. We only live once! :cool:

I so agree with you Skelley - I've eaten when I am not even hungry just because I am mad, or sad, or.... whatever.

But then again, I feel that I also need to live my life. If I screw up and gain some weight, now I know I need to behave myself in the following days and get it right back off... I need to stop thinking I can do it tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes. I need to do it today!

skelley331
10-09-2013, 12:49 PM
To be honest, I don't exercise at all...yet. ;)

First off, it tracks my steps for me just like a pedometer. You just enter how long your stride length is when you set it up and then it tracks it for you. The thing I hate about traditional pedometers is that they constantly fall off. It also translates that into actual miles traveled.

Next, it tracks your calories burned. It takes into account your Basal Metabolic Rate and the calories you move as you move around during the day, whether it's just walking as you normally do, or full on exercising.

It also links to other apps such as myfitnesspal.com and runkeeper.com, among others. Tracking calories was a shock to me in maintenance. Before, it was just follow the green menu and the weight will come off and while that is true, the calories in one of the selections can be much greater than in another. For example, the calories and fat content in 2 oz. of cheese vs. 4 oz. of chicken. It explained to me why I had a harder time losing weight some times on the green menu even though I was following it. So, by tracking my food and calorie intake now, I'm hoping for a smoother transition back to maintenance. In addition, you can choose what calorie plan you want to be on based on how much weight you want to lose and how fast you want to lose it. At the end of the day, it's about your calorie deficit. I am on the "Kinda hard" plan which is losing 1.5 pounds a week. It calculates that I have to have a 750 calorie deficit between my food calorie intake and the calories I burn throughout the day.

That brings me to the next feature which is the integrated food diary. Although FitBit does have a place for you to log in your foods, I have linked my FitBit to My Fitness Pal since MFPs Food Database is much more extensive. So as I log my foods in...ALL FOODS...every little bite...it deducts it from my calories remaining for the day. This is what I mean by being more mindful of the choices I make. If I don't walk around and get my steps in, my calorie burn goes down and if it goes down, then there goes my calorie deficit if I eat more than I burn. :o

It also has a water tracker. As I drink, it gets logged. It also has "quick icons" so that if I drink a 16.9 oz. bottle of water, I click the pick of it and hit the log it button. Takes the guess work out of trying to remember if I got all my water in.

If I were to start exercising, it can link with several different exercise apps, such as RunKeeper, but you can also directly add your activities into the app or website to track them.

Another cool feature, is it tracks your sleep. As you may have heard, not getting enough sleep can cause you to gain weight. So, before I go to sleep, I tap the band, it vibrates briefly letting me know I'm now in sleep mode. When I wake up, I do the same thing and it puts me back in active mode. It tells me how many times I was restless during the night, if I woke up, how long it took before it sensed I was asleep and how long I sleep. Bottom line, I need to go to bed earlier! LOL :yawn:

And of course, it has a weight tracker.

Since I'm on the app many times a day, it puts my weight loss front and center, and it makes it, dare I say, a little fun. It's like I'm competing with myself. And if you want to compete with others to see who can be more active, there is a free website called myfitnessleague.com that integrates with FitBit.

Ever since getting it, I haven't cheated, consistently lost weight, and have a new found confidence every time I walk into my center. I can't say enough how much I love this little gadget. The new-ness has yet to wear off.

that sounds awesome, do you wear it 24/7 or take it off to shower or take a bath?

skelley331
10-09-2013, 12:50 PM
I so agree with you Skelley - I've eaten when I am not even hungry just because I am mad, or sad, or.... whatever.

But then again, I feel that I also need to live my life. If I screw up and gain some weight, now I know I need to behave myself in the following days and get it right back off... I need to stop thinking I can do it tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes. I need to do it today!

lady 67: I totally agree!

faerychic
10-09-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm the same way, did WW, went to a weight dr, atkins, you name it I've tried it , lost weight, gained it back, but with MRC this is the first time I didn't gain all my weight back before getting back on track. :carrot:

Same here - I have been thinking about all the $$$$ I spent at MRC to lose the weight and what a waste it would be to put it ALL back on. Sad to say I put on 16 of the 30 pounds I lost:(

Anyway - I wish I could get in my head that food is fuel for my body instead of for pleasure. Growing up everything revolved around food - mmmm.....it's Easter we get easter bread, mmmm.......it's Christmas we get homemade fudge, mmmmm.....we're going to Grandma's - wonder if she has pie or cookies for us? Any get together had food involved. I still think this way - it's such a treat to eat something yummy like chocolate or ice cream. Heck, before I restarted on Monday we went out to dinner and I had my "last supper" of bbq ribs, mac & cheese and corn bread. I have been on so many diets that I really do know how to lose weight. Keeping it off is always the challenge for me.

So, day 2 went well and so far so good today. No cravings and really not too hungry. Drinking a lot of water and no pills this time other than a multi & fish oil. I am also taking ground flax seed - I know it is not on plan but I am doing this instead of the women's oil. I feel like when I rely on the pills to get the weight off, it just comes back on that much faster when I stop taking them.

Sorry for the rant........hope everyone is having a good "on plan" day :)

JenB72
10-09-2013, 01:59 PM
that sounds awesome, do you wear it 24/7 or take it off to shower or take a bath?

That's the beauty of it. You wear it 24/7. You can even take a shower, swim, whatever. The charge will last about 5 days, so when the battery starts getting low, I hook up the usb charger in my car and let it charge while I'm driving since I'm not really moving around then.

skelley331
10-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Same here - I have been thinking about all the $$$$ I spent at MRC to lose the weight and what a waste it would be to put it ALL back on. Sad to say I put on 16 of the 30 pounds I lost:(

Anyway - I wish I could get in my head that food is fuel for my body instead of for pleasure. Growing up everything revolved around food - mmmm.....it's Easter we get easter bread, mmmm.......it's Christmas we get homemade fudge, mmmmm.....we're going to Grandma's - wonder if she has pie or cookies for us? Any get together had food involved. I still think this way - it's such a treat to eat something yummy like chocolate or ice cream. Heck, before I restarted on Monday we went out to dinner and I had my "last supper" of bbq ribs, mac & cheese and corn bread. I have been on so many diets that I really do know how to lose weight. Keeping it off is always the challenge for me.

So, day 2 went well and so far so good today. No cravings and really not too hungry. Drinking a lot of water and no pills this time other than a multi & fish oil. I am also taking ground flax seed - I know it is not on plan but I am doing this instead of the women's oil. I feel like when I rely on the pills to get the weight off, it just comes back on that much faster when I stop taking them.

Sorry for the rant........hope everyone is having a good "on plan" day :)

faerychic: Yes i'm the same way growing up. I started back last week and i'm taking the MRC-6 and Corti-trim with the EFA, Total Woman, And vitamin, the cortitrim does help me with stress. It will be one week tomorrow and yes I've been bad, I had a skinny mocha last night on my way home, but it's got 15gms protein, carbs 18 but 4g fiber and 1.5g fat and I've had fruit on plan that has almost that many carbs. But i'm still down 5lbs and have 10 to go and the last 10 lbs is always the hardest they say. But I will get there:carrot:

skelley331
10-09-2013, 04:52 PM
That's the beauty of it. You wear it 24/7. You can even take a shower, swim, whatever. The charge will last about 5 days, so when the battery starts getting low, I hook up the usb charger in my car and let it charge while I'm driving since I'm not really moving around then.

JenB72: Well I think i'm going to get one, and I agree with you I move around a lot so who knows if im eating right even on plan, I put my food in myfitnesspal also, I love that sight and depends on what days I eat what on the green menu I get about anywhere from 700 calories to 1100 calories a day so on days I move a lot I might not be getting enough or eating too much, does that makes sense. And OMG I went online to fitbit.com and the have a pink one now for breast cancer, it's on backorder and will take two -three weeks but not sure if I want to wear pink everyday? What are your thoughts and what color do you have?

Lady67
10-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Our family revolves around food also...

Summer get to gethers, my brother grills a cream cheese, bacon, jalapeno, and chicken appetizer..... along with grilled brats, and of course you have to have salsa and chips.

Thanksgiving it is turkey which isn't so bad, but then you add in the dressing, green bean casserole and of course pie for dessert.

Christmas is horrid. Not only do I bake - 'cause in Dad's words "It wouldn't be Christmas w/o the goodies (mom no longer bakes) and the pies, and the prime rib along with all of the other holiday parties you go to......

I am going to have to find will power... 'cause I am doing this not only to look better, but also for my health.

My Godmother had a massive heart attack and died at my age... seriously same age. 17 years ago. So it is time to behave myself, act like an adult (at least 90% of the time) and take control over this!

skelley331
10-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Lady67:

We can do this, I come here for support and i'm here for anyone who needs it back!! :hug:

faerychic
10-09-2013, 09:36 PM
I hear ya Lady67 - I am back here to get rid of the extra weight to look better and for my health too. Part of what gave me the extra kick in the butt to get back on plan is my high blood pressure & cholesterol. It's crazy but both have shot up since I was tested in March 2013. I have put on a few pounds since then but I have to wonder if menopause is part of the reason for the increase (doc also confirmed I was menopausal). Ugggh! I hate taking med's so I am going to try and get my numbers down with my diet and exercise.

patzi
10-10-2013, 05:56 AM
I hear ya Lady67 - I am back here to get rid of the extra weight to look better and for my health too. Part of what gave me the extra kick in the butt to get back on plan is my high blood pressure & cholesterol. It's crazy but both have shot up since I was tested in March 2013. I have put on a few pounds since then but I have to wonder if menopause is part of the reason for the increase (doc also confirmed I was menopausal). Ugggh! I hate taking med's so I am going to try and get my numbers down with my diet and exercise.

I got off HBP meds when I went onto MRC and my husband is not on the diet, refused to take HBP & cholesterol medication, and asked me to help him with his diet, and he has never had to take meds.. It can be done, and it is lots of willpower, but I think health wise it is the way to go. My HBP at one time, was 190/110 , and being a nurse I knew that I was on my way to stroke or whatever, so decided to stop this nonsense. I will be honest, it was the diet I was eating. MY HBP was so bad my head felt like it was going to explode not to mention the pain in the back of my neck. I am thankful I had symptoms so I knew what was up, as some HBP is silent.

A doctor told me , being menopausal was an excuse for women who gain weight, and you can stay trim and still be menopausal. When I hit menopause, I found I got some belly fat, but it did not contribute to any gain.

This forum is here for support. So I am soooo glad to see some of the older members back.

Patzi

skelley331
10-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Good morning ladies! Patzi you are so right, i'm glad to see some old members back too! I felt lost when the forum got quiet! It's been one week today since I went back on the green menu and I've only slipped once, but got right back on track. I go weigh in tomorrow morning so i'm hoping for good results!

faerychic: I'm 57 soon to be 58 nov 1st, I went thru the change at 43 and didn't even know it so I've been blessed with no symptoms and have not been on meds for that! I'm not on any meds, BP has always been good so i'm glad for that! Most of my weight is around my belly but slowly coming off.!! I too need lots of willpower! :dust:

patzi
10-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Here is a nice recipe from center.

If the MRC diet plan you are not on does not allow this, put away until you get into stabilization.

This is a recipe for a smoothie/frozen yogurt

4 oz. Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
1 pkg. Vanilla Creme Pudding
Splenda to taste
Fruit( your choice)

Mix and freeze or Blend and enjoy..

I like this with the chocolate. A good chocolate fix if you have a craving.

Patzi

skelley331
10-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Ok so i'm going to Best Buy today and buying the fitbit flex!!! Sure hope it helps me stay mindful LOL!!! I would love the pink one but it's on backorder for 2-3 wks

Lady67
10-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the support guys, I know I def need it... along with the will power.

I have a lot of stress in my life... but I think and hope I got rid of some last night. The boyfriend and I are done... He is a loser, but I kept thinking that if I just helped him through the rough patch it would get better. At 18 months, I don't think it will. I am done.

I have high blood pressure. I am on medication and hoping that I can eventually drop it off. Right now stress free my bp is 117/60. Which is excellent - but last week I had a car accident and since stressed out it was 130/90.

One step at a time. I am focusing on various relaxation techniques as well as meditation. I was walking, but messed up the knee during the accident. am hoping to start that again in a couple of weeks.

Thank you for your support. sorry to whine - I promise to behave now!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: all around!

Have a great day folks!

skelley331
10-10-2013, 11:25 AM

I have a lot of stress in my life... but I think and hope I got rid of some last night. The boyfriend and I are done... He is a loser, but I kept thinking that if I just helped him through the rough patch it would get better. At 18 months, I don't think it will. I am done.

I have high blood pressure. I am on medication and hoping that I can eventually drop it off. Right now stress free my bp is 117/60. Which is excellent - but last week I had a car accident and since stressed out it was 130/90.

One step at a time. I am focusing on various relaxation techniques as well as meditation. I was walking, but messed up the knee during the accident. am hoping to start that again in a couple of weeks.

Have a great day folks!

Don't apologize, that's what we are here for!! Sounds like you are on your way to victory! Stress is a killer for sure, I know I've been trying to calm myself for years and I think I have finally got there but still have my stressful days, we all do. I'm sorry to hear about your accident, glad you are ok.

Last night for no reason I went to my kitchen and got some potato chips??? I don't know why I do that but I good today. :carrot:

faerychic
10-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I got off HBP meds when I went onto MRC and my husband is not on the diet, refused to take HBP & cholesterol medication, and asked me to help him with his diet, and he has never had to take meds.. It can be done, and it is lots of willpower, but I think health wise it is the way to go. My HBP at one time, was 190/110 , and being a nurse I knew that I was on my way to stroke or whatever, so decided to stop this nonsense. I will be honest, it was the diet I was eating. MY HBP was so bad my head felt like it was going to explode not to mention the pain in the back of my neck. I am thankful I had symptoms so I knew what was up, as some HBP is silent.

A doctor told me , being menopausal was an excuse for women who gain weight, and you can stay trim and still be menopausal. When I hit menopause, I found I got some belly fat, but it did not contribute to any gain.

This forum is here for support. So I am soooo glad to see some of the older members back.

Patzi

I was actually wondering if menopause was causing my BP to increase - not the weight gain. Hot flashes, lack of sleep at night, brain fog, job stress.......my BP is not that high 140/75 but I have also been having more migraines so DR put me on BP med's as a migraine preventative.

faerychic
10-10-2013, 12:11 PM

Have a great day folks!

Whine away! as Skelly said that it what we are here for. Personally if I can help out or learn something from someone's whining it is a plus.:)

faerychic
10-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Typically I am not much of a poster on any forum, but I have decided that it would be beneficial if I jump in here and post more often - especially since I am doing this on my own this time around.

So far so good eating on plan - I am on day 4 and have not weighed yet. That bring me to an issue I have - THE SCALE! Normally I am an everyday weigher, but this time around I am trying to only weigh once per week due to normal body fluctuations. I know there are 2 different thoughts to weighing daily but when I weigh daily and I have a gain when I have done everything right it makes me want to throw the scale out the window and go eat something I shouldn't! What are your thoughts? are you a daily weigher or do you only weigh at the center?

skelley331
10-10-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm a daily weigher :( but I've tried not to and then my curiosity gets the best of me. If i'm down though I tend to indulge or use to, I've gotten better.

I got my fitbit flex band, getting ready to get it set up, i'm so excited.
JenB72, thanks for posting all the information!! :carrot:

Lady67
10-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I weigh in twice a week. Once at MRC and once at home. I know that the scales can be a little different.

Once I have the weight lost, I will probably become a daily weigher. For the reason that if I do fluctuate up, I want to be on top of it.

Right now I just don't want to freak out if I do go up, or if I stay the same. So if I do it twice a week, I don't freak as much.

skelley331
10-10-2013, 02:33 PM
I weigh in twice a week. Once at MRC and once at home. I know that the scales can be a little different.

Once I have the weight lost, I will probably become a daily weigher. For the reason that if I do fluctuate up, I want to be on top of it.

Right now I just don't want to freak out if I do go up, or if I stay the same. So if I do it twice a week, I don't freak as much.

I need to start doing that, weigh in at the center once and at home once, my centers scales are always 1-2 lbs more than when I weigh at home, but I weigh first thing in the morning without clothes (TMI) :) so I know i'm always going to be 1-1 1/2 lbs more at the center

cmarty
10-10-2013, 08:21 PM
OK..I went off the deep end today. Someone placed homemade cookies on my desk. Of course, I had one and then...well I figured since I had that I might as well have the candy that was left in my box today..and then well someone brought in a huge box of candy (assorted..with some of my favorites) I ate so much I felt sick! I think I get frustrated when I stay on plan and don't lose but a pound! I 'll try to get back on track tomorrow!

:mad:

cmarty
10-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Have a great day folks!
Good for you..do what it takes to get the stress out of you life...You can whine..it's ok ...sometimes it brings healing....hope your back to your walking soon..sorry you had a accident....
Now, I 'll whine....I ate candy! What a nut! WHy did I do this to myself! I have to remove the temptations when I see them. I am going to have to give them away right away! Maybe one day I will learn!:shrug:

skelley331
10-10-2013, 08:55 PM
cmarty: don't beat yourself up, last night I got up went to the kitchen and ate potato chips for no reason at all! So this morning I got back on track, we slip up or at least I do every now and then, but it's a new day tomorrow and you'll get back on plan! :carrot:

Lady67
10-10-2013, 09:43 PM
OK..I went off the deep end today. Someone placed homemade cookies on my desk. Of course, I had one and then...well I figured since I had that I might as well have the candy that was left in my box today..and then well someone brought in a huge box of candy (assorted..with some of my favorites) I ate so much I felt sick! I think I get frustrated when I stay on plan and don't lose but a pound! I 'll try to get back on track tomorrow!

:mad:

So it happened today... Does not mean it will continue to happen. The support goes to everyone on the forum..... we all know you can get back on track and eat right! The one thing that should help is to remember that you felt icky after eating all that stuff... that's your body saying, I don't want it. It may help if there is a a next time.

On another note, I have lost another 2.5 lbs and am down a total of 43 lbs now :D

skelley331
10-11-2013, 07:39 AM
I LOVE LOVE my fitbit flex! OMG, It told me that last night I only slept for 7 hrs 17 min, 16 mins wake 3x, 33 mins of restless sleep 16 x WOW, it tracks calories in vs calories out!! I keep wanting to get up and move LOL!!! it's so great! And JenB72 was right it keeps you mindful of what you eat!!!

I go weigh in today, wish me luck!!! I'll let everyone know how it went!! :carrot:

HAPPY FRIDAY!

JenB72
10-11-2013, 01:16 PM
I LOVE LOVE my fitbit flex! OMG, It told me that last night I only slept for 7 hrs 17 min, 16 mins wake 3x, 33 mins of restless sleep 16 x WOW, it tracks calories in vs calories out!! I keep wanting to get up and move LOL!!! it's so great! And JenB72 was right it keeps you mindful of what you eat!!!

I go weigh in today, wish me luck!!! I'll let everyone know how it went!! :carrot:

HAPPY FRIDAY!

That's awesome! It really does want to make you get up and move around, doesn't it. I read somewhere that Fitbit Flex is as addictive as Facebook or Twitter...and they're right. I find myself checking it out more during the day than anything else. Right now, I have the slate colored band, however, on October 22, they start selling the pink band. I'm so ordering one as soon as I can.

skelley331
10-11-2013, 03:10 PM
That's awesome! It really does want to make you get up and move around, doesn't it. I read somewhere that Fitbit Flex is as addictive as Facebook or Twitter...and they're right. I find myself checking it out more during the day than anything else. Right now, I have the slate colored band, however, on October 22, they start selling the pink band. I'm so ordering one as soon as I can.

I have the black one because I knew I would get more colors! I have a question though, I am doing the calories in calories out, it has it based on 1265 a day

JenB72
10-11-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm still following the green menu, and it always has me either under or on target with calories for the "very hard" weight loss plan.

cmarty
10-11-2013, 06:05 PM
OK..I guess I need a fitbit flex...all this talk is making me want one! I am going to check them out! I think I would have probably blown it up with the sweets I ate yesterday!

No weight lost for me today..Let's see LOL I wonder why..well like skelley said, it's another day tomorrow!
Sweets are the:devil:

Going4Fit
10-12-2013, 07:19 PM
I still check in here every week or so. Haven't posted because I don't want to discourage anyone with my struggles since reaching maintenance. Finally weighed myself this week and sad to say I have gained back 39 of the 60 pounds I lost on MRC. Now if I had just been off plan ever since reaching maintenance, that would be one thing. But I have fought it the whole way. Honest I have! Even started over with pre-conditioning and then Meta Boost in June and sticking with green menu perfectly all of July. Went off plan all of August and gained it all back. Fought it all through September - on and off with the healthy eating but exercising daily regardless of diet. Got back on track completely October first. So today is day 12 of being back in control.

I'm not doing MRC anymore, so maybe not appropriate to post here. Doing it the old fashioned way with diet and exercise. 1200 calories M-F, and 1500 on weekends. Strength training 3x week, cardio 4-5x week. I did MRC for so long the first time (six months straight - never cheating once) that the way of eating is pretty ingrained. So sticking to 1200 calories and getting in lots of protein is easy for me. Will weigh in again October 23rd and hope for a few pounds by then. See y'all!

cmarty
10-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Going 4 fit...glad your back on track...we have been wondering where everyone is...we can do this together!

skelley331
10-12-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm still following the green menu, and it always has me either under or on target with calories for the "very hard" weight loss plan.

Okay it's now been two days and I've been on target also, this is awesome!

skelley331
10-12-2013, 10:58 PM
OK..I guess I need a fitbit flex...all this talk is making me want one! I am going to check them out! I think I would have probably blown it up with the sweets I ate yesterday!

No weight lost for me today..Let's see LOL I wonder why..well like skelley said, it's another day tomorrow!
Sweets are the:devil:

cmarty that's right its a new day! We all stumble but we all help each other back up!!! :carrot:

skelley331
10-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I still check in here every week or so. Haven't posted because I don't want to discourage anyone with my struggles since reaching maintenance. Finally weighed myself this week and sad to say I have gained back 39 of the 60 pounds I lost on MRC. Now if I had just been off plan ever since reaching maintenance, that would be one thing. But I have fought it the whole way. Honest I have! Even started over with pre-conditioning and then Meta Boost in June and sticking with green menu perfectly all of July. Went off plan all of August and gained it all back. Fought it all through September - on and off with the healthy eating but exercising daily regardless of diet. Got back on track completely October first. So today is day 12 of being back in control.

I'm not doing MRC anymore, so maybe not appropriate to post here. Doing it the old fashioned way with diet and exercise. 1200 calories M-F, and 1500 on weekends. Strength training 3x week, cardio 4-5x week. I did MRC for so long the first time (six months straight - never cheating once) that the way of eating is pretty ingrained. So sticking to 1200 calories and getting in lots of protein is easy for me. Will weigh in again October 23rd and hope for a few pounds by then. See y'all!

going4fit! I'm so glad you are back on here, doesn't matter if you aren't doing MRC, we still want to su:carrot:pport you in whatever works for you! Please stay with us!

patzi
10-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Going 4 fit..

You are welcome here at any time.. I am on maintenance and not doing MRC except for when I have put a couple of pounds on and then will do green menu till comes off. I do get weighed in at MRC every 2 weeks, as I need that to keep focused that I have to answer to the scale. I wish I was not that weak, but I am.

I don't do calories, but I do more protein, and really watch the carbs and any sweets as they do me in each time, and being a slow loser it is not worth it to me. Now, I know what puts weight on and have to stay away from it. Maintenance is a struggle, and I will be the first one to admit it. It is very difficult to stay on it, but the higher the protein for me seems to be the trick.

Do you keep a journal of your calories intake daily? I still journal what I eat.

You can do this, for sure. Just keep posting and let us all be there for you.

Glad to see you back..

Patzi

cmarty
10-13-2013, 08:59 PM
I've been off the diet for several days. I was losing weight so slow ,,it was just dog gone depressing. I was only losing like a pound a week.

A girl at work that goes to MRC ate all kind of junk for several days. She takes hcg and she loses 5 pounds...hey ..that is not fair...

I just don't feel right about taking this drops...but it does seem like the quickest and easiest way. I hope to get back on program tomorrow!

skelley331
10-13-2013, 09:48 PM
I've been off the diet for several days. I was losing weight so slow ,,it was just dog gone depressing. I was only losing like a pound a week.

A girl at work that goes to MRC ate all kind of junk for several days. She takes hcg and she loses 5 pounds...hey ..that is not fair...

I just don't feel right about taking this drops...but it does seem like the quickest and easiest way. I hope to get back on program tomorrow!

cmarty: I had a friend do the hcg shots and she lost like 35-40 lbs but when she stopped taking the shots she gained all her weight back and then some! I too went off plan over the weekend but i'll be back on tomorrow! We can do this, remember we didn't put on this weight overnight!!! :carrot:

JenB72
10-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Well...I went to Disney World yesterday. I was VERY worried because we were doing a character lunch for my daughter's birthday. Not just a regular character lunch either. Nope, it was a buffet lunch. Rolls, potatoes, pasta, and all the deserts and ice cream you can eat. I had to get my money's worth, right? :hungry: :drool:

Wrong!

I stuck to baked chicken, steamed broccoli, and melon. No deserts, no rolls, no pasta, no potatoes...nothing bad for me.

If you want something bad enough that it overrides anything else going on in your mind, it can be done! :cloud9::woohoo:

faerychic
10-14-2013, 11:53 AM
It's Monday morning and the beginning of a new week. Forget any mess ups you had over the weeks and start fresh today. That is what I am going to do! Weekend are always tough for me. During the week I have a routine and can stick to plan perfectly but come the weekend not so much. I did okay on Saturday while running my errands. I pack a little cooler with my lunch & snacks so I am not tempted to grab something a Starbucks while I shop. Had a migraine on Sunday so did not eat on plan at all - could not stomach veggies and meat, but peanut butter toast and mac & cheese did not seem to bother me! Felling much better today, so back on plan.

Hope you all had a nice weekend and stay strong this week:carrot:

faerychic
10-14-2013, 12:01 PM

cmarty - I have turned into a slow loser as well. In my younger days if I ate like this I would have at least a 2 pound loss per week. Now it is more like 1/2 a pound I am sad to say, but it is better than a gain so I am going to stick to it. So, today is a new day - jump back on that weight loss wagon with me ;)

patzi
10-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Well...I went to Disney World yesterday. I was VERY worried because we were doing a character lunch for my daughter's birthday. Not just a regular character lunch either. Nope, it was a buffet lunch. Rolls, potatoes, pasta, and all the deserts and ice cream you can eat. I had to get my money's worth, right? :hungry: :drool:

Wrong!

I stuck to baked chicken, steamed broccoli, and melon. No deserts, no rolls, no pasta, no potatoes...nothing bad for me.

If you want something bad enough that it overrides anything else going on in your mind, it can be done! :cloud9::woohoo:

Jen...
Be real proud of yourself. That action is what will get you to maintenance again.. What you ate, sounds good to me.

Patzi

patzi
10-14-2013, 12:09 PM
For those that are losing slowly, I am the queen of this. Poor souls here on forum while I was losing heard me whine enough about losing .2 pounds or .4. I am saying point 2 and point 4, and that drove me crazy..I use to call it a seed loss. But it is all a loss and it all adds up. It was frustrating and I know where you are coming from, but it all comes to an end and eventually you hit maintenance. There were weeks where I would lose nothing and I always stayed on program, so each of us is different in our weight loss.

I was a very slow loser all thru my weight loss challenge. I thought I would never make it, but I did, so hang in there.

Patzi

skelley331
10-14-2013, 04:44 PM
It's Monday and the beginning of a new week. I'm going to try really hard not to weigh myself until I go Saturday to weigh in at my center! Did pretty decent over the weekend, went off plan but not by much! My fitbit really helps me stay focused! goodluck to everyone this week who might be weighing in, we can all do this! Like patzi says we will get to our maintenance!!:carrot:

Going4Fit
10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome back everyone. I'm still in control. Home with sick kids today so trying to figure out how I'm going to get to the gym but am determined not to miss any workouts - no excuses. I'm paying too much for my personal training sessions (I bought a ten week package and see her once every two weeks) and I so desperately want to fit back into those skinny jeans.

The head game with the slow weight loss is what gets to me cmarty. When I think one pound a week, I start doing the math and realize that's 2 1/2 months to lose just ten pounds, which I was able to gain in just four days of overeating. It seems so hopeless - one step forward and two steps back. But now that I've experienced being thin I'm determined to get there again. And all the practice of eating at diet level calories to get there will get the healthy eating habits that much more ingrained.

patzi, I do journal my food. I don't journal when I go off plan. I know I'm being bad so don't see the point. Maybe if I could force myself to journal it all anyway, I'd stop overeating sooner. I'm using MyFitnessPal.com.

I'm considering getting the Fitbit Flex everyone is talking about, but may wait for the Force to come out. Just today my new Heart Rate Monitor arrived (Polar FT4) and I can't wait to try it during both my stationary bike sessions and strength training sessions and see if I'm really optimizing my workouts by being in the correct zone (or if I'm stressing my body by pushing too hard!).

cmarty
10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement! I'm back to it again!:carrot:

skelley331
10-14-2013, 08:42 PM
It's so nice to see everyone come back together again! Going4Fit I'm really glad you are joining in the forum too!!!

I thought about getting the force but the only difference is you can see your stats on the band but I have it on my iphone so it's always up to date and I check it to see how i'm doing. I'm on fitnesspal.com also if anyone wants to be my friend on there my user name is skelley331 send me a friend invite.

JenB72
10-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Going4Fit, the Force is out, but on backorder for a couple of months last I heard from a friend at work. The big differences is that the Force will track stairs and you can see your stats on the band. The downside is you can't change out wristbands like with the Flex. Hang in there! You can do it!

faerychic
10-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Weighed in this morning - lost only 1 pound. Was hoping for a bigger loss since it was week 1. Guess I should have expected that since I went off plan on Sunday with a migraine :( No matter - at least the number on the scale went DOWN!

Have a great day everyone :goodvibes

Lady67
10-15-2013, 11:55 AM

Wrong!

woot!!! congrats!!! that is very cool!!! You are an inspiration to my own willpower!! :D

Lady67
10-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Weighed in this morning - lost only 1 pound. Was hoping for a bigger loss since it was week 1. Guess I should have expected that since I went off plan on Sunday with a migraine :( No matter - at least the number on the scale went DOWN!

I love peanut butter, so I totally understand.... I also have migraines - though luckily enough I've not had any lately. but when I do get them, I don't eat - I just crash. Which isn't good for you either.

congrats on the 1 pound... it does all add up!

skelley331
10-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Going4Fit, the Force is out, but on backorder for a couple of months last I heard from a friend at work. The big differences is that the Force will track stairs and you can see your stats on the band. The downside is you can't change out wristbands like with the Flex. Hang in there! You can do it!

JenB72:

I'm doing the calories in calories out and the -750 decifit, I know you mentioned that you were doing this also, my question is do you always eat the calories that the flex tells you that you have to eat? I sync mine with fitnesspal also. Thanks

skelley331
10-15-2013, 01:04 PM

faerychic: That's awesome, a pound is a pound!! maybe your next weigh in will be bigger!!

gumdropmom
10-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I am headed for a weigh in! I've been off program (eating clean and well but not doing supplements) for two weeks now to determine if those are the source of headaches and lower back pain. I was drinking 4 per day. I've continued to lose in eating well and I have built up stamina for running! While I don't have rapid weight loss, the inches sure are falling off!!! I have lost 21 lbs since starting just before labor day. I am going to get some more supplements tonight and try again. I'm feeling super motivated having continued to lose on my own, but I'm ready to really get back to it with the goal of a 40lb loss by Christmas. Fall is the hardest menu for me to resist! But..I'm making good choices :) Love reading all of your motivational posts!

skelley331
10-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone,
I am headed for a weigh in! I've been off program (eating clean and well but not doing supplements) for two weeks now to determine if those are the source of headaches and lower back pain. I was drinking 4 per day. I've continued to lose in eating well and I have built up stamina for running! While I don't have rapid weight loss, the inches sure are falling off!!! I have lost 21 lbs since starting just before labor day. I am going to get some more supplements tonight and try again. I'm feeling super motivated having continued to lose on my own, but I'm ready to really get back to it with the goal of a 40lb loss by Christmas. Fall is the hardest menu for me to resist! But..I'm making good choices :) Love reading all of your motivational posts!

Sounds awesome and you're doing a good job, goodluck and let us know how it goes.:carrot:

CelticHarpie
10-15-2013, 10:51 PM
JenB72:

I'm doing the calories in calories out and the -750 decifit, I know you mentioned that you were doing this also, my question is do you always eat the calories that the flex tells you that you have to eat? I sync mine with fitnesspal also. Thanks

skelley: I use the fitbit flex and sync with my fitness pal as well. Most days I'm getting in between 8000-10,000 steps. The flex says my average calories burned are right around 2200. Based on the usual 1200 calories a day (when I'm logging food I nearly never go over this), I'm looking at an average of 1000 calories a day deficit.

On my MRC plan there is no specific caloric goal listed, just the amounts of various foods that I should be eating.

Not sure if that answers your question or not!

MarleneV
10-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Great to see everyone posting, and doing well. I'm holding steady in my range, which is good.

Just got past a big deadline at work, so stress level should go down some. Hope so anyway.

I leave next week for a conference, anxious about that, as the meals are all provided. I emailed the organizers for it and they sent me the catering menus. So, I'll review with my coach and see what her suggestions are. And my business partner & others we know who have watched my journey will be there, so that should help me be careful, because they know what I usually do... And I won't want to eat a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't normally in front of them.

skelley331
10-16-2013, 08:52 AM
skelley: I use the fitbit flex and sync with my fitness pal as well. Most days I'm getting in between 8000-10,000 steps. The flex says my average calories burned are right around 2200. Based on the usual 1200 calories a day (when I'm logging food I nearly never go over this), I'm looking at an average of 1000 calories a day deficit.

On my MRC plan there is no specific caloric goal listed, just the amounts of various foods that I should be eating.

Not sure if that answers your question or not!

CelticHarpie: yes thank you for answering, using the fitbit flex it says my average calories burned are 1915 with a -750 deficit. I'm averaging around 960-1000 calories a day eating on plan with the green menu, some days it's only 756. Right now my flex says i'm under my calorie goal? But since we don't go by calories that would be correct. I love my flex!
One thing I noticed that it said this morning I took 69 steps in my sleep, I activate my flex when I get into bed so not sure where that's coming from. Some people say it calculates steps when typing on your computer or keyboard, i'm more interested in the calories burned, but was curious about the steps.

twinkletoes75
10-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Does it ever get easier? Will the devil in my head ever stop? I wanna do good and ususally through the day do awesome! However, after dinner, while watching tv, it hits.... eat! I will find anything and i mean anything to quiet it down. Looking back eating on program wasn't this hard, I can't seem to get my groove back during maintenance. I am starting back on my meta-balance menu and returning to the center 2x's(starting monday) a week.

skelley331
10-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Does it ever get easier? Will the devil in my head ever stop? I wanna do good and ususally through the day do awesome! However, after dinner, while watching tv, it hits.... eat! I will find anything and i mean anything to quiet it down. Looking back eating on program wasn't this hard, I can't seem to get my groove back during maintenance. I am starting back on my meta-balance menu and returning to the center 2x's(starting monday) a week.

twinkletoes75: I wish I knew the answer, that's what happened to me after I hit maintenance and after two months I started eating at night just because! I was suppose to maintain 1300 calories a day and I guess I took it that if I eat whatever I wanted as long as I stayed there I would be good, but my carb and sweet cravings came back. After gaining 15 lbs of the 32 I lost while on plan I too am back on the green menu and going to weigh in once a week at the center. I wish I knew the secret, I guess I have no willpower. But hopefully this time I can get to maintenance and stay within the 5 lb they give you. You can do this, just keep coming back here and logging in and talking to all of us, we've all been there. :hug:

gumdropmom
10-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi All - I weighed in and am down FOUR lbs! I also got my FIRST ribbon...13.5 inches long :) Back on track with the HNS and determined to keep going.

I am reading your postings about cravings and putting it back on...have you all read "The Diet Cure"? Lots of very scientific reasons behind the cravings and such. I've been studying it and taking notes. Basically covers brain balance and diet. Worth the read - especically when it comes to the topic of uncontrollable cravings and moods. I deal with a significant thryroid deficiency and am on meds (hence S-L-O-W weightloss)...this book has lots of helpful items pertaining to thyroid function.

faerychic
10-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi All - I weighed in and am down FOUR lbs! I also got my FIRST ribbon...13.5 inches long :) Back on track with the HNS and determined to keep going.

I am reading your postings about cravings and putting it back on...have you all read "The Diet Cure"? Lots of very scientific reasons behind the cravings and such. I've been studying it and taking notes. Basically covers brain balance and diet. Worth the read - especically when it comes to the topic of uncontrollable cravings and moods. I deal with a significant thryroid deficiency and am on meds (hence S-L-O-W weightloss)...this book has lots of helpful items pertaining to thyroid function.

We actually has some discussion here about The Diet Cure. I purchased the book and took the suggested supplements for some time, but it was just too much for me. Too many pills that I cannot afford. I am in the same boat as SKELLY - put on 15 pounds in maintenance over the period of 1 year and am back on plan now trying to take it off.

Congrat's on your loss! The plan does work if you stick to it;)

skelley331
10-16-2013, 02:41 PM

gumdropmom! Yahoo!! Congrats on the 4lbs that is big loss! I have read the Diet Cure and I tried following it using the pills and after awhile they wore off and I went back to eating at night and having the carb and sweet cravings. So i'm back with the HNS and on the green menu.

Lady67
10-16-2013, 03:29 PM

One thing that I found that has helped me is 1 - drinking warm water (not hot). something about the warm water will expand in your stomach and the full feeling helps. Also, a diet & caffeine free soda. Sip it slowly. Something about the sweetness helps me.

I also found out that when you do eat something high in bad carbs (like chocolate and/or candy) it will take you 4 days to get rid of the craving. So if you cheat again within that 4 days, you will need to start that timer over.

skelley331
10-16-2013, 04:20 PM
One thing that I found that has helped me is 1 - drinking warm water (not hot). something about the warm water will expand in your stomach and the full feeling helps. Also, a diet & caffeine free soda. Sip it slowly. Something about the sweetness helps me.

I also found out that when you do eat something high in bad carbs (like chocolate and/or candy) it will take you 4 days to get rid of the craving. So if you cheat again within that 4 days, you will need to start that timer over.

Great tips, thanks Lady67! I need all the help I can get :dizzy:

JenB72
10-16-2013, 04:21 PM
JenB72:

I'm doing the calories in calories out and the -750 decifit, I know you mentioned that you were doing this also, my question is do you always eat the calories that the flex tells you that you have to eat?

Never. I always eat what I'm supposed to per the green menu and that's it. Just because Flex says I have wiggle room, I resist the urge.

faerychic
10-16-2013, 05:26 PM

The warm water is a great idea. I sometimes put in a lemon wedge or an herbal tea bag. Drinking hot caffeine free passion tea right now so I don't snack :D

skelley331
10-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Never. I always eat what I'm supposed to per the green menu and that's it. Just because Flex says I have wiggle room, I resist the urge.

JenB72: Yes I eat whats on the green menu too, according to my flex i'm undereating! LOl I 'm just wondering when we hit our goal weight if we will be able to adjust and use the flex eventually and be able to maintain our goal weight.

patzi
10-17-2013, 09:28 AM
I had maintenance weigh in and maintained.. I am being very cautious this time of year.. Have gone back to a wider green menu that I feel is good for me, as there are parties coming up in the next two months, holidays, etc. and I want to have some play room if I want to indulge in something and I do not want to gain any weight. I am at 5 pounds under goal.

I don't mind the green menu.. I just make sure it is varied.. I do lots of cooking, and freeze things, so that makes it easier.. I made turkey meatloaf and put in muffin pans this morning, and froze them.. Did the same with egg quiche in muffin pans and froze them.. Making yogurt/pudding recipe and freezing that. I need to have something like that at night, or I could eat everything in the house.. LOL. Recipes are fast selection if one is in a hurry and my life is stressful and I am always running out of time, so hopefully this will work for me.. I had posted both those recipes in the recipes some time back and yogurt recipe I gave to this site this week, I think or maybe last week.

Wishing you all a great weigh in, and welcome any newcombers..

Patzi

skelley331
10-17-2013, 09:34 AM
patzi: I want to be just like you:), You do so well and I will eventually get there too. I've lost a little each day this week, I don't go weigh in until Saturday so it should be a good loss i'm hoping! When you say you do a wider version of the green menu what does that include? Do you add a little extra veggies or protein?

I need to go back to the MRC receipe site and get some ideas. :carrot:

aschooley29
10-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Hello ladies, I am excited to find this forum. I started the program this week. I am not able to go into the center do to the fact that I live 6 hours from the nearest center, so I am on the at home plan, with two calls a week. I only weigh in once a month. I am currently on the pre-conditioning menu. Does anyone know what the purpose of this menu is? Is it much different than the regular plan menu? I am hungry almost all the time on this menu. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

skelley331
10-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Hello ladies, I am excited to find this forum. I started the program this week. I am not able to go into the center do to the fact that I live 6 hours from the nearest center, so I am on the at home plan, with two calls a week. I only weigh in once a month. I am currently on the pre-conditioning menu. Does anyone know what the purpose of this menu is? Is it much different than the regular plan menu? I am hungry almost all the time on this menu. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

aschooley29: Welcome, you will love this forum we all support each other no matter what. The pre-conditioning menu is to get your body and system use to the foods that you will only be allowed while on plan. All the centers are different but after I did pre-conditioning then I went to a yellow menu for days 1-4 then blue 5-11 and then the green menu and each menu you get to eat a little more variety. As far as getting hungry I do know on the pre-conditioning you were allowed to each as many veggies you want all day long and drink lots and lots and lots of water to help you keep that full feeling. Hope this helps. :carrot:

MarleneV
10-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Aschooley,

I have done the at-home program as well, and it worked for me. I actually weigh at home, because I live in Texas, and use the Colorado Springs center.

My program was like Skelly's, pre-con, yellow, blue then green.

MarleneV
10-17-2013, 11:32 PM
I guess I kind of use a wider version of the green menu too. My councilor gave me a maintenance menu that lists what you should eat, and I mostly stick to what is on that. If I have a day where I stray a bit further than that, then I just go back to more strictly following the guidelines for a few days.

I have to have something at night too, I save my treat for then. The treat might be the chocolate MRC pudding, a half cup of low-fat no sugar added ice cream, or something similar, around 100 calories. I eat it slowly, savoring it. That keeps me good for overnight. Even when I was doing the green strictly, I would save one of my HNSs for that evening snack. Now I have an HSN every 2-3 days, depends on what kind of day I'm having.

I track calories too, but pay more attention to what type of foods I eat. I stay away from most of the carbs too, those seem to cause me problems. What I do like and can eat are animal crackers, I savor those as well. I can make 8 last 30-45 minutes. My husband doesn't understand that, he gobbles them down. I've gone to buying 3 large bags at a time so that when I want some, they are there...

aschooley29
10-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Thank you Skelly for the info. The plan is starting to sound kind of hard to follow. I was not told there would be so many different menus. At least it sounds like I will be getting variety. :)

aschooley

aschooley29
10-18-2013, 12:49 AM
MarleneV

I think we have the same counselor. I use the Colorado Springs Center also, but live in NM. I had my first meeting in person. (I was not sure if they could accommodate my situation, being so far away from the center) My counselor told me she had another client that lived in TX, so being from out of state did not matter. How long have you been on the program? Has it been fairly easy? Thanks for the help and support ( I need it)

skelley331
10-18-2013, 06:18 AM
I guess I kind of use a wider version of the green menu too. My councilor gave me a maintenance menu that lists what you should eat, and I mostly stick to what is on that. If I have a day where I stray a bit further than that, then I just go back to more strictly following the guidelines for a few days.

I have to have something at night too, I save my treat for then. The treat might be the chocolate MRC pudding, a half cup of low-fat no sugar added ice cream, or something similar, around 100 calories. I eat it slowly, savoring it. That keeps me good for overnight. Even when I was doing the green strictly, I would save one of my HNSs for that evening snack. Now I have an HSN every 2-3 days, depends on what kind of day I'm having.

I track calories too, but pay more attention to what type of foods I eat. I stay away from most of the carbs too, those seem to cause me problems. What I do like and can eat are animal crackers, I savor those as well. I can make 8 last 30-45 minutes. My husband doesn't understand that, he gobbles them down. I've gone to buying 3 large bags at a time so that when I want some, they are there...

Oh I forgot about the maintenance menu, I have one too! Right now i'm doing the green to get back to my goal weight when I hit maintenance :)

Lady67
10-18-2013, 09:05 AM
The warm water is a great idea. I sometimes put in a lemon wedge or an herbal tea bag. Drinking hot caffeine free passion tea right now so I don't snack :D

mmm... :) One of my favorites is Constant Comment by Bigelow. It is an orangey spice tea. Love it with just a bit of "fake" sugar :p 'cause that brings out the some subtle flavors.

Lady67
10-18-2013, 09:07 AM
:(:(

well folks, I didn't have a good week. Or month for that matter......

I have only lost 4 lbs this whole month and actually gained .5 lbs this week.

I do have excuses, but they are only excuses..... (funeral one day, sick another day and ate saltines)

But now it is time to focus again. Need to get the carb cravings out of my system, so I am sure I will be a little crabby the next 4 days :p Good thing I don't live with anyone!

Anyway, happy Friday! and hope you have a fantastic weekend planned - whether you are busy busy busy, or able to sit down, put your feet up and relax!

skelley331
10-18-2013, 01:43 PM

I do have excuses, but they are only excuses..... (funeral one day, sick another day and ate saltines)

But now it is time to focus again. Need to get the carb cravings out of my system, so I am sure I will be a little crabby the next 4 days :p Good thing I don't live with anyone!

Anyway, happy Friday! and hope you have a fantastic weekend planned - whether you are busy busy busy, or able to sit down, put your feet up and relax!

Lady67:
Don't be down, .5lbs isn't a lot, we all have are ups and downs and excuses but as long as we recognize them and get back on track we are good. Life isn't perfect but we just deal with one day at a time. I go weigh in tomorrow and i'm not looking for a big loss but hopefully a lb or two maybe. I'm 15 lbs away from my goal and the closer you get the slower and harder it is to come off it seems like.
I'm so glad it's Friday, i'm picking up my two youngest grandsons (13 & 10), they want to come over and hunt with grandpa (grandpa just shot a big 8 pt buck the other night so they want to try and get one too) So it will be a busy weekend. I hope to stay true to myself but I also want to enjoy time with my grandsons' Oh did I mention we are carving pumpkins too! Such fun and joy to be around. Makes me feel younger!!! :carrot::carrot:

Everyone have a good weekend!!

Going4Fit
10-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Twinkletoes, I found maintenance harder than program too, in spite of all the warnings and advice I stocked up on before getting there. I gained back 2/3rds of the 60lbs I'd lost on MRC in a matter of months. I did program 100% perfectly and loved my thin new body and thought I'd do anything to keep it that way. I was shocked at how quickly I failed. Counted calories successfully for a couple of weeks but have been on a binge/purge cycle of overeating and then back on green menu ever since, with the weight going on faster than I can get it back off.

The Diet Cure that's been mentioned is a good resource for understanding the science behind what's happening to our brains and bodies due to low calorie dieting or overeating or whatever. You don't have to do the supplements recommended in the book to appreciate the information provided. Information is power. I also highly recommend the book Brain Over Binge. Excellent resource for explaining why cravings are so much worse after dieting than they were before. That author overcame bulimia.

Going4Fit
10-18-2013, 02:11 PM

Lady, my last full month on program I only lost a few lbs, (with twice a week weigh-ins, that meant several weigh ins with no loss) even though I continued to follow the plan 100% perfectly. To add insult to injury, it was the month of December. Do you have any idea how many Christmas goodies and yummy meals I passed up? To not be rewarded with weight loss was infuriating! It turned out to be a true plateau and once I broke through the weight came off quickly and I ended up even lower than my goal. It was awesome. So hang in there!

Going4Fit
10-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Well ladies I did manage to get my workout in, though I had to switch my days and just do my cardio at home Monday and made it to the gym for strength training the next day, which has meant changing my schedule for the whole week. Awesome thing was, even though I still barely made it to the gym on Tuesday (going at night and not getting done till just before the gym closed) I still was determined to go and didn't have that overwhelming just-give-up feeling that usually occurs when the deck seems stacked against me. That felt really good.

Even better, I believe I've lost some inches. That workout Tuesday night, and again last night, has been the first time in a while that I haven't been completely discouraged by my reflection (my least favorite part about going to the gym - all the mirrors). Been having fun with my new Polar FT4 heart rate monitor. Love seeing all the calories I burn during workouts. Fitbit One or Flex will be my next gadget!

Oh and a funny thing: (sorry for those of you on plan) I realized this morning that I forgot to log the protein bar I ate yesterday, which means I went 170 calories over my plan. I was disappointed since I'm usually so careful, but I LOVE not being so worried about going out of ketosis! Those stupid strips really messed with my brain! *lol*

patzi
10-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Going 4 Fit..
I never had to use Ketosis during weight loss .. That was never mentioned to me at any time. I first heard it here at the forum...

What brand protein bar do you like?

Patzi..

aschooley29
10-18-2013, 04:10 PM

You have done great so far, you have lost a lot of weight. You can do it. Don't beat yourself up too much, everyone slips up. Have a great day!!

Aschooley;)

aschooley29
10-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Today has been hard. I LOVE sweets. I am visiting my Mom right now and she brought home "donuts". I did good and have not had any but it has been hard. My mind keeps telling me "it does not matter if you have just one."

I also talked to my counselor today and she gave me the green menu. She says I will be on it for the remainder of the weight loss. She did not want me to have the other menus do to my diabetes. I was not expecting such a restrictive diet. So I am a little discouraged. Does it get better? Or will I have the same restricted diet even during maintenance?

skelley331
10-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Today has been hard. I LOVE sweets. I am visiting my Mom right now and she brought home "donuts". I did good and have not had any but it has been hard. My mind keeps telling me "it does not matter if you have just one."

I also talked to my counselor today and she gave me the green menu. She says I will be on it for the remainder of the weight loss. She did not want me to have the other menus do to my diabetes. I was not expecting such a restrictive diet. So I am a little discouraged. Does it get better? Or will I have the same restricted diet even during maintenance?

When you hit maintenance you pretty much will eat the same foods but they add more quantity.

MarleneV
10-18-2013, 11:35 PM
MarleneV

I think we have the same counselor. I use the Colorado Springs Center also, but live in NM. I had my first meeting in person. (I was not sure if they could accommodate my situation, being so far away from the center) My counselor told me she had another client that lived in TX, so being from out of state did not matter. How long have you been on the program? Has it been fairly easy? Thanks for the help and support ( I need it)

If you are working with Carrie, yes, that is who I work with. I started July 9, 2012, and hit goal in May 2013.

The program was easy and works for me because I am good at following rules... I'm an accountant, we are good at that!

What I found was that I ate a lot of chicken with salad, but could use ground turkey, ground chicken, and then I discovered how yummy buffalo is. Otherwise, I'm kind of a picky eater, and some stuff i simply dont like & won't eat. Im not a big cooked veggie fan! I definitely used the 2 days a week for the higher fat meats too. I'd get frustrated at times, because I'd stall, even though I was sticking with the program, and then all of the sudden I'd have a nice drop. Typically, I'd lose steadily for about 10-20 lbs, then stall, then go again after a week or 2 pause. Carrie is great at suggesting ideas when that happens.

I actually started on stabilization menu before I hit my goal, and got below my goal during that process.

Now, on maintenance, I do occasionally go outside of the "list" for something special, but then I'll make sure I really stick closely to it for the next day or so to make up.

The twice a week calls are great, and very helpful. I now still talk to her, generally once a week, and that is working for me. Some weeks it is just a "I'm doing fine & on track", and other weeks I need some advice, mostly about challenges coming up. It's mostly the accountability at this point.

Just let me know if you need anything, glad to help!

MarleneV
10-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Oh, and I found after a while, things not on the list were not that tempting. Even now, someone else can eat chips, cake, cookies, whatever, and it generally doesn't bother me. The other day I was at lunch with my business partner and some other people, and they ordered chips & queso. He asked I wanted any, and I said I'd take 2 chips with a little queso. That was it, I had that and was satisfied... And happy with the salad I had ordered. Sometimes we'll be out, and I'll take just one bite of my husband's or my business partner's meal or desert. They are both used to it now, I guess it's weird to others though, particularly when my partner will let me take a bite of something off his plate..

bigdog
10-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Where are you????!!!!! :). If you r lurking in these pages - let me know how u r doing!

patzi
10-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Where are you????!!!!! :). If you r lurking in these pages - let me know how u r doing!

Where have you been girl? Have missed you. You were such an asset to this forum... So glad to hear from you and welcome back.

I am still on maintenance, over 3 years now, and doing fine.. It is a challenge, for sure, but it is better than putting weight back on that took me so long to take off. I try to stay 5 pounds under goal. I still try new foods, if I gain, put them on back burner, if not, keep them on my list.. I now can eat peanut butter on occasion. That was a no no for me, can eat baked oatmeal, home made cookies,lots new foods, but all in moderation. Learned how to say no, and that is the hardest thing ever.

Again, so glad to hear from you.

Patzi

skelley331
10-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Good morning ladies!!! Today is my weigh in so wish me luck! I will post later today when I log back on! :carrot:

aschooley29
10-19-2013, 11:37 AM
If you are working with Carrie, yes, that is who I work with. I started July 9, 2012, and hit goal in May 2013.

The program was easy and works for me because I am good at following rules... I'm an accountant, we are good at that!

What I found was that I ate a lot of chicken with salad, but could use ground turkey, ground chicken, and then I discovered how yummy buffalo is. Otherwise, I'm kind of a picky eater, and some stuff i simply dont like & won't eat. Im not a big cooked veggie fan! I definitely used the 2 days a week for the higher fat meats too. I'd get frustrated at times, because I'd stall, even though I was sticking with the program, and then all of the sudden I'd have a nice drop. Typically, I'd lose steadily for about 10-20 lbs, then stall, then go again after a week or 2 pause. Carrie is great at suggesting ideas when that happens.

I actually started on stabilization menu before I hit my goal, and got below my goal during that process.

Now, on maintenance, I do occasionally go outside of the "list" for something special, but then I'll make sure I really stick closely to it for the next day or so to make up.

The twice a week calls are great, and very helpful. I now still talk to her, generally once a week, and that is working for me. Some weeks it is just a "I'm doing fine & on track", and other weeks I need some advice, mostly about challenges coming up. It's mostly the accountability at this point.

Just let me know if you need anything, glad to help!

Yes Carrie is my Counselor. It really is a small world. Thank you for telling me your story. I need the inspiration right now. I was beginning to think this was going to be too hard and not worth it. (just doubting myself) I know I can do it and I need to, for my health. Thank you for the offer to help. I will defiantly use it. Do you know where I can find recipes, that taste good, that are on the green menu?

aschooley29
10-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Good morning ladies!!! Today is my weigh in so wish me luck! I will post later today when I log back on! :carrot:

Good Luck!!! :hug:

aschooley29
10-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Going 4 Fit..
I never had to use Ketosis during weight loss .. That was never mentioned to me at any time. I first heard it here at the forum...

Patzi..

What is Ketosis?

skelley331
10-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Well I weighed in and lost 1.2 lbs so I've lost a total of 25 lbs!! Yahoo!! I know it doesn't seem like much but i'll take it. :carrot::dancer:

MarleneV
10-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Aschooley,

It is hard, but not too hard, and definitely worth it. My kids & husband are so proud of me, because they know how hard I worked at it. My husband ran into one of my friends at Costco yesterday, I wasn't with him. Anyway, her comment to him was that she never realized how petite I was before I lost the weight! And that she sees now how our younger daughter is built like me. Wow, that was cool to hear.

The other thing that is cool is now the younger daughter & I can share clothes. I borrowed a pair of her shoes the other day, and am taking a shirt of hers on my trip next week that is perfect for one of our events. Last night, she came home from work, and had one of my new sweaters and brand new boots on... I had left for work before she was even up for school, so didn't know she borrowed them. She loves telling her friends that we share closets, except she wears 00 jeans & I wear a 4...

MarleneV
10-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Do you know where I can find recipes, that taste good, that are on the green menu?

There is a sticky thread here with recipes, check that out. Also, ask Carrie to send you some, I have a whole stack they sent me. They have a cookbook, but I didn't buy that.

Finally, I occasionally use a cooking website (forget which one, but think there are several) that allow you to put in some ingredients and it will find recipes that use those ingredients. You just have to look at them to see if it works.

I got really creative with some spices, cumin & chilli pepper, as well as garlic & onion powder are standards now, and I have a few others I also use. Just check out that aisle in the grocery & read what the suggested uses are.

aschooley29
10-19-2013, 08:09 PM
There is a sticky thread here with recipes, check that out. Also, ask Carrie to send you some, I have a whole stack they sent me. They have a cookbook, but I didn't buy that.

Finally, I occasionally use a cooking website (forget which one, but think there are several) that allow you to put in some ingredients and it will find recipes that use those ingredients. You just have to look at them to see if it works.

I got really creative with some spices, cumin & chilli pepper, as well as garlic & onion powder are standards now, and I have a few others I also use. Just check out that aisle in the grocery & read what the suggested uses are.

Thank you so much for the info. I think it is wonderful that you can share clothes with your daughter. I want my family to be proud of me, but more important I want to teach my daughter how to eat right. She is only 5 but she does not have good eating habits, and she is getting a little belly. I start the green menu tomorrow. We will see how it goes. Do you know if we can eat salsa? :wave:

aschooley

MarleneV
10-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Thank you so much for the info. I think it is wonderful that you can share clothes with your daughter. I want my family to be proud of me, but more important I want to teach my daughter how to eat right. She is only 5 but she does not have good eating habits, and she is getting a little belly. I start the green menu tomorrow. We will see how it goes. Do you know if we can eat salsa? :wave:

aschooley

My daughter is 17, and in HS. She unfortunately doesn't have very good eating habits either. I was slim in HS too, didn't have much problems with weight until college & after... Particularly after I had my 2 girls. I keep telling her to eat better now with not much success. Maybe you'll have better luck starting at this younger age.

I used salsa on occasion. Figured it was mostly tomatoes & cilantro. I would use the serving size and measure that. Just watch that it doesn't have a lot of carbs/sugar/sodium, as some do. Or ask Carrie, but I used it as part of my veggie portion.

rn5192008
10-20-2013, 05:39 PM

Hi I'm surprised that she didn't give u metabalance menu that is for diabetes and people that exercise alot. Draw back is u won't lose as many pounds a week like with the green menu.

aschooley29
10-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi I'm surprised that she didn't give u metabalance menu that is for diabetes and people that exercise alot. Draw back is u won't lose as many pounds a week like with the green menu.

I think she wanted to see how I do on the green. She also told me if my blood sugar drops, at any time, to eat half a fruit and a protein. That is in addition to the regular meals. I would like to see the metabalance menu, just for my curiosity. I wounder how different it is from the green?

I am excited to say that since starting on the diet a week ago I have not had any blood sugar drops. And since Wed. the pressure in my eyes has stopped, and my head aches have gone away. (I had been having head aches everyday do to the pressure in my eyes) :carrot:

Lady67
10-21-2013, 08:40 AM
I think she wanted to see how I do on the green. She also told me if my blood sugar drops, at any time, to eat half a fruit and a protein. That is in addition to the regular meals. I would like to see the metabalance menu, just for my curiosity. I wounder how different it is from the green?

I am excited to say that since starting on the diet a week ago I have not had any blood sugar drops. And since Wed. the pressure in my eyes has stopped, and my head aches have gone away. (I had been having head aches everyday do to the pressure in my eyes) :carrot:

I am doing meta- balance, and my sister is doing meta-slim. The differences we can tell are, I eat more often that she does. I have 3 meals and 3 snacks. I also only eat my HNS with my snacks - while she has hers with her meals.

As for the amounts, that changes with your weight.

She has been told she should loose an average of 3 lbs a week and I should loose only 2 lbs a week.

aschooley29
10-21-2013, 09:49 AM
I am doing meta- balance, and my sister is doing meta-slim. The differences we can tell are, I eat more often that she does. I have 3 meals and 3 snacks. I also only eat my HNS with my snacks - while she has hers with her meals.

As for the amounts, that changes with your weight.

She has been told she should loose an average of 3 lbs a week and I should loose only 2 lbs a week.

Thanks for the info. It is so great that you can do this with your sister. What a blessing. I have the option to eat snacks if my blood sugar drops, so I guess I am on a combination of the two plans :)

I weight in this morning...(nervous) I will let you all know how I did this first week :dizzy:

gumdropmom
10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi all! I'm so excited as I hopped on the scale this morning and am down 3 more lbs!!! I think I fell out of ketosis for awhile and I've gone back to 4 HNS's per day and am back in ketosis. We'll see. I'm pretty motivated right now as people are commenting and noticing the trimmer, leaner me. My clothes are falling off of me...just haven't had much time for any shopping.

My new favorite since the temps dropped here...a piping hot cup of herbal tea with mixed berry HNS poured right in. Totally hit the spot last night and again this morning. I even skipped my morning cup of coffee because that satisfied me. That never happens.

aschooley29
10-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi all! I'm so excited as I hopped on the scale this morning and am down 3 more lbs!!! I think I fell out of ketosis for awhile and I've gone back to 4 HNS's per day and am back in ketosis. We'll see. I'm pretty motivated right now as people are commenting and noticing the trimmer, leaner me. My clothes are falling off of me...just haven't had much time for any shopping.

My new favorite since the temps dropped here...a piping hot cup of herbal tea with mixed berry HNS poured right in. Totally hit the spot last night and again this morning. I even skipped my morning cup of coffee because that satisfied me. That never happens.

Congratulations on your loss!!! :carrot: What is ketosis?

aschooley29
10-21-2013, 11:10 AM
I lost 5 lbs this week!!! Yea!!!

gumdropmom
10-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Here is an explanation on ketosis....

Question: What is Ketosis?
Answer: A lot of people are confused by the term "ketosis." You may read that it is a "dangerous state" for the body, and it does sound abnormal to be "in ketosis." But ketosis merely means that our bodies are using fat for energy. Ketones (also called ketone bodies) are molecules generated during fat metabolism, whether from the fat in the guacamole you just ate or fat you were carrying around your middle. When our bodies are breaking down fat for energy, most of the it gets converted more or less directly to ATP. (Remember high school biology? This is the "energy molecule.") But ketones are also produced as part of the process.

When people eat less carbohydrate, their bodies turn to fat for energy, so it makes sense that more ketones are generated. Some of those ketones (acetoacetate and ß-hydroxybutyrate) are used for energy; the heart muscle and kidneys, for example, prefer ketones to glucose. Most cells, including the brain cells, are able to use ketones for at least part of their energy. But there is one type of ketone molecule, called acetone, that cannot be used and is excreted as waste, mostly in the urine and breath (sometimes causing a distinct breath odor).

If enough acetone is in our urine, it can be detected using a dipstick commonly called by the brand name Ketostix (though there are other brands, as well). Even though everyone is generating ketones continuously, this detection in the urine is what is commonly called "ketosis."

The higher the concentration of ketones in the urine, the more purple the sticks will turn. The Atkins Diet, in particular, advises people to monitor ketosis as an indication of fat burning. Other reduced carbohydrate diets don't pay much attention to this, or aren't low enough in carbs to make much of an impression on the sticks. (The latter type of diet is sometimes called a "nonketogenic" low-carb diet.)

twinkletoes75
10-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Since officially starting back on my menu (last Friday)... down 3.5 lbs...sweet goodness... Hopefully weight in on this Friday will be just as good! Thanks everybody for your support! It never gets easier....but its worth it..

faerychic
10-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Gained a pound last week despite not cheats :( Remembering the struggles I had the first time on was on plan now. I started a new med for high blood pressure so wondering if that had anything to do with the gain. I cannot remember if I mentioned this previously - I went to see a new MD/naturopath about my blood test results. He had a different perspective than my usual dr. He said my vitamin D was too low and wants me to take a supplement to get that up. Also, said my progesterone is very low and I am estrogen dominant. Anyway, as soon as we get more test results back he will write me a script for bio-identical hormones. He thinks this will help with my weight loss (or lack there of).

skelley331
10-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Gained a pound last week despite not cheats :( Remembering the struggles I had the first time on was on plan now. I started a new med for high blood pressure so wondering if that had anything to do with the gain. I cannot remember if I mentioned this previously - I went to see a new MD/naturopath about my blood test results. He had a different perspective than my usual dr. He said my vitamin D was too low and wants me to take a supplement to get that up. Also, said my progesterone is very low and I am estrogen dominant. Anyway, as soon as we get more test results back he will write me a script for bio-identical hormones. He thinks this will help with my weight loss (or lack there of).

That was last week this is a new week, you will get it all figured out! :carrot:

skelley331
10-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Has anyone doing MRC logged their foods in everyday to see how many calories we are actually eating following the green menu? I've been logging my foods and it's only averaging 690-800 calories a day. Wow! Then when I started maintenance they had me doing 1330 calories, no wonder I gained my weight back?

Going4Fit
10-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Going 4 Fit..

Patzi..

You're lucky they didn't bother you with the ketosis strips.

I'm not picky about protein bars - I pretty much view them as a treat, although I don't eat them for dessert but rather in "emergencies" for when I've had to skip a meal. I gave up trying to find healthy ones (as in, ones that I can read all the ingredients) that I like, and just go for the candy bar type. They are my one non-whole food that I consume when I'm eating healthy. I really liked the ones I sampled at the center but have never bought a box. I currently have the Pure Protein bars from Costco since they were on instant rebate a few weeks back. (It's this pack, only cheaper: http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Protein-Bar-Worldwide-Chocolate-chocolate/dp/B0026XROZI/ref=sr_1_8?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1382388667&sr=1-8&keywords=pure+protein+bars)

If I'm at home when I'm looking at going 5-6 hours before I can get to my next meal, I make a protein shake instead with almond milk and the Syntrax Nectar Sweets protein powder that Big Dog was always talking about. Recently discovered they work really well warmed up for protein packed hot chocolate or vanilla steamers too! And I love adding hazelnut or caramel sugar-free syrups to them.

Going4Fit
10-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Has anyone doing MRC logged their foods in everyday to see how many calories we are actually eating following the green menu? I've been logging my foods and it's only averaging 690-800 calories a day. Wow! Then when I started maintenance they had me doing 1330 calories, no wonder I gained my weight back?
skelley, I only learned about MyFitnessPal through you on this site and started using it just as I was entering stabilization. By the time I got through the four weeks of adding foods in stabilization I was eating about 1200-1300 calories/day, though I have no idea what the calorie level was beforehand. They started me out on the 1200 calorie menu in maintenance and were bumping me up every couple of weeks to see if I could handle more without a gain. At 123.5 pounds, I was able to eat 1500 calories/day without gaining. But by then I'd already had my first binge and as you know it's been a roller coaster for me ever since.

While on plan I'd had no idea the calories were that low. I was really naive and trusted that the numbers worked out. I thought I was eating so healthy with all that lean protein and the fresh fruit and vegetables every day. I will not do that to myself again now that I know. That's why I'm eating the same things, but tracking to make sure I consume at least 1200 calories worth of those things and get more of those calories from carbs for energy so that I can workout without getting faint (like I did when on plan). I bump my calories up to 1500 on weekends too - I want my brain/body to learn to trust that I won't starve it again.

skelley331
10-21-2013, 07:58 PM
skelley, I only learned about MyFitnessPal through you on this site and started using it just as I was entering stabilization. By the time I got through the four weeks of adding foods in stabilization I was eating about 1200-1300 calories/day, though I have no idea what the calorie level was beforehand. They started me out on the 1200 calorie menu in maintenance and were bumping me up every couple of weeks to see if I could handle more without a gain. At 123.5 pounds, I was able to eat 1500 calories/day without gaining. But by then I'd already had my first binge and as you know it's been a roller coaster for me ever since.

While on plan I'd had no idea the calories were that low. I was really naive and trusted that the numbers worked out. I thought I was eating so healthy with all that lean protein and the fresh fruit and vegetables every day. I will not do that to myself again now that I know. That's why I'm eating the same things, but tracking to make sure I consume at least 1200 calories worth of those things and get more of those calories from carbs for energy so that I can workout without getting faint (like I did when on plan). I bump my calories up to 1500 on weekends too - I want my brain/body to learn to trust that I won't starve it again.

going4fit:
I'm following the green menu but as you are doing i'm tracking and doing the same thing, staying around 1000-1200 calories thru the week but on weekends when i'm more active I add a little more. since I got my fitbit flex i'm doing the calories in calories out with a -750 deficit and so far i'm losing. I have my goal set at losing 1 1/2 lbs a week. I keep my carbs under 100gm a day and still do high protein. Once I reach my goal weight again I will set it to maintain. Its amazing and it's helping me move more. I started doing my walk away the pounds a week ago but it's boring so today I went to the mall and walked for 30 mins during my lunch hour. I'm walking thru the week around 6000 steps on weekends I usually hit 10,000.

Like you I want my brain/body to learn to know that I won't starve again either. I'm more relaxed since I've started using the fit bit flex, knowing how many calories I actually burn a day. :carrot::carrot:

I lost 1 lb this week but that's okay, my flex says i'll reach my goal dec 28th and that's fine with me, doing the MRC way you lose it way too fast

aschooley29
10-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks Gumdropmom for the explanation. :)

Lady67
10-22-2013, 09:54 AM

I know that hormones do play a big part of weight loss. I also know that if you do not drink enough water, that you will retain water. I have done the later. So I actually make myself drink a minimum of 112 ounces of plain ol water a day. Seems to make a difference for me.

twinkletoes75
10-22-2013, 10:26 AM
So after losing 3.5 lbs yesterday...i celebrated by eating 2 jif to go containers with way too many pretzel sticks, animal crackers, and pecans....wth.. but i was hungry...i couldn't get full. This am I ate my normal bf and my stomach is growling right now...sometimes I'm ok and others its like this (or last night)...its frustrating.... :/

patzi
10-22-2013, 11:53 AM
I had maintenance weigh in today and gained two pounds. Have no idea why, as no reason for it, but will have to work to get it off before next weigh in.

Patzi

JenB72
10-22-2013, 01:19 PM

I'm usually right around 1200 when I follow the green menu.

JenB72
10-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Weighed in at lunch and down 1.5 pounds. Woohoo! Almost at 25 pounds. :)

patzi
10-22-2013, 02:18 PM

Jen ....
This is fantastic.. I am so happy for you.
Patzi

patzi
10-22-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm usually right around 1200 when I follow the green menu.

I am between 1100-1200 when following green menu
Patzi

skelley331
10-22-2013, 04:05 PM

JenB72:
Yahoo!! Congrats on your loss!!!

aschooley29
10-23-2013, 09:47 AM
So after losing 3.5 lbs yesterday...i celebrated by eating 2 jif to go containers with way too many pretzel sticks, animal crackers, and pecans....wth.. but i was hungry...i couldn't get full. This am I ate my normal bf and my stomach is growling right now...sometimes I'm ok and others its like this (or last night)...its frustrating.... :/

You have done great so far! You have lost a lot of weight...keep up the good work. Don't be so hard on yourself, slip ups happen. Have a great day!!;)

aschooley29
10-23-2013, 09:49 AM

25 lbs is awesome!! You can do it!!

aschooley29
10-23-2013, 09:55 AM
I drove home yesterday. It normally takes 6 hours, but with all the water I am drinking I had to stop at almost every rest stop, it took much longer!! ;) I think I pee out more than I drink.

twinkletoes75
10-23-2013, 11:12 AM
You have done great so far! You have lost a lot of weight...keep up the good work. Don't be so hard on yourself, slip ups happen. Have a great day!!;)

:hug: Thanks aschooley29...

gumdropmom
10-23-2013, 03:37 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and gained two pounds. Have no idea why, as no reason for it, but will have to work to get it off before next weigh in.

Patzi

Chin up! It is what it is and if you are feeling good, have not gone on any binges, or turned into a potato, you're still doing great and ahead of many of us on the journey. You are an encouragement to so many!!!

gumdropmom
10-23-2013, 03:39 PM
So...today I have on a pair of jeans I never dreamed I could wear! While I'd love to see the scale go down more quickly, the inches lost are changing my shape and my tummy is going away! Small victories.

twinkletoes75
10-23-2013, 05:09 PM
So...today I have on a pair of jeans I never dreamed I could wear! While I'd love to see the scale go down more quickly, the inches lost are changing my shape and my tummy is going away! Small victories.

:carrot: woot woot gumdropmom!

aschooley29
10-23-2013, 05:13 PM

That is so awesome. I love hearing the positives. It makes me truly believe that I can do this!! Congratulations!!:angel:

aschooley29
10-23-2013, 10:32 PM
I am truly proud of myself tonight. I am driving my son 3 hours to see a specialist tomorrow normally I would just go out to eat for all three meals. But tonight I packed a healthy breakfast, fruit, water, and my HNS' that I can bring with us. We plan on eating at subway for lunch I will get a chicken salad. I will stay on plan even while I am traveling!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Going4Fit
10-24-2013, 12:22 AM
aschooley29, that is definitely something to be proud of. Keep up the good work - planning ahead and making your own meals.

I weighed in today and was down 4 lbs since last weigh-in 2 weeks ago. Had held out hope for more but knew it was all I could expect. Gonna be a long, hard road doing this the old fashioned way. Getting pretty beat up mentally. Having to chew gum to get through the day and looking forward to bedtime because at least I get to eat again when I wake up. *sigh* Gotta keep plugging along.

Lady67
10-24-2013, 09:48 AM
aschooley29 - good for you. packing your own lunch is a fantastic way to know you are behaving and staying on plan! Congrats!! :)

Going4Fit - one step at a time. 2 lbs a week is not bad. That is all I am guaranteed to lose since I am on meta-balance and not meta-slim. And... to be honest, I'd be thrilled with that because I have not behaved myself last month. I am back on plan now, but even this week was not fully on plan 'cause of a fundraiser on Saturday - :( I had gained 3 lbs just from what I ate one day. I can only hope I have lost most of it since then........ I weigh in tonight.

skelley331
10-24-2013, 10:05 AM
aschooley29 - good for you. packing your own lunch is a fantastic way to know you are behaving and staying on plan! Congrats!! :)

Going4Fit - one step at a time. 2 lbs a week is not bad. That is all I am guaranteed to lose since I am on meta-balance and not meta-slim. And... to be honest, I'd be thrilled with that because I have not behaved myself last month. I am back on plan now, but even this week was not fully on plan 'cause of a fundraiser on Saturday - :( I had gained 3 lbs just from what I ate one day. I can only hope I have lost most of it since then........ I weigh in tonight.

Lady67: You said you gained 3lbs just from one day, see that's what I don't understand how we can gain so much in one day? I've seen others post the same results but yet we only lose maybe 2 lbs in a whole week? Doesn't make since.:?:

twinkletoes75
10-24-2013, 10:36 AM
aschooley29, that is definitely something to be proud of. Keep up the good work - planning ahead and making your own meals.

I weighed in today and was down 4 lbs since last weigh-in 2 weeks ago. Had held out hope for more but knew it was all I could expect. Gonna be a long, hard road doing this the old fashioned way. Getting pretty beat up mentally. Having to chew gum to get through the day and looking forward to bedtime because at least I get to eat again when I wake up. *sigh* Gotta keep plugging along.

I know exactly what you are talking about Going4Fit... :hug: Hang in there..

gumdropmom
10-24-2013, 10:49 AM

I relate, Going4Fit. It gets frustrating. I realized yesterday all I think about whether consciously or subconsciously is food and my weight. I'm not what I consider addicted to food. I haven't had a lot of issues giving up certain foods. The journey has been about difficulties with my thyroid and steady weight gain not really related to food. While I seem to have positive results (having never ever really "dieted" before), it is frustrating to have a loss then get on the scales to discover the next day I'm up two, and the next another one. Then suddenly I'm back down by 4...usually not on weigh in days! None of it makes sense to me and it gets mentally and emotionally draining. I'm still trying to figure out if it is worth it. I was generally healthy before but not happy with my weight because it just wouldn't stop coming on despite the work outs, healthy eating habits, adequate water intake...sigh. I feel like I've become obsessed with the matter because everything comes back to it. But...I'll keep plugging away with the mindset I'm going for healthy, not supermodel skinny and the scale just represents a number - it doesn't define ME. While the weight isn't changing fast, the inches seem to be so I know my composition is shifting and changing in a healthy way.

faerychic
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM

A 4 pound loss in 2 weeks is something to be proud of! I truly believe that you will have more success maintaining your loss since you are doing it the old fashioned way. One day at a time - you'll get there (that's what I keep telling myself!)

faerychic
10-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I am staying off the scale until Tuesday. It is so hard to break my old habit of weighing daily but the daily fluctuations really get me down when I don't see a loss or have a gain. Feels like I found my groove with my eating - not starving or craving anything. I am on meta-balance so I have a little more food. Seems like the trick for me is to not get to that point of being overly hungry which leads to a binge (or migraine!).

gumdropmom
10-24-2013, 12:40 PM
I am staying off the scale until Tuesday. It is so hard to break my old habit of weighing daily but the daily fluctuations really get me down when I don't see a loss or have a gain. Feels like I found my groove with my eating - not starving or craving anything. I am on meta-balance so I have a little more food. Seems like the trick for me is to not get to that point of being overly hungry which leads to a binge (or migraine!).

I think I need to stay off the scale as well...not be so obsessed with the number.

skelley331
10-24-2013, 01:03 PM

faerychic: I'm the same way I weigh everyday, I keep telling myself not to but my curiosity gets the best of me and when I'm up like a lb I get not mad but wished I wouldn't have stepped on it. I should only do it on the day I weigh in at the center but it's a hard habit to break:)

patzi
10-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi...
I weighed every day while losing weight, and I still weigh every day on maintenance.. Why, who knows.. I do not weigh in the morning of my weigh in. When I do weigh in, I weigh in same time each day, when I first get up.

Patzi

twinkletoes75
10-24-2013, 04:37 PM
I am definitely a food addict! I have a hard time stopping, with portions and eat until I am in pain. MRC has been a new way of thinking, eating, and (hopefully ) living. It is hard, very hard. The old saying "If it was easy everyone would be doing it". It is worth plugging away for and sometimes its hard to look at the future cuz we get caught up in the now(instant gratification/results). I have been asked if I can ever eat "Normal" food again. I then say I do eat "Normal" food now. I ask "What is Normal food"? Oh pasta, bread, junk food is the normal response. Friends, family make me feel guilty for trying to eat better. I don't understand that. Its like they are supportive but yet still waiting for me to fail. <---Now that is one challenge I hope I don't fail! Ok now its off my chest..Its a Journey of Epic Proportions.

Lady67
10-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Lady67: You said you gained 3lbs just from one day, see that's what I don't understand how we can gain so much in one day? I've seen others post the same results but yet we only lose maybe 2 lbs in a whole week? Doesn't make since.:?:

Oh it makes sense skelley - I gained that because this is what I ate:

2 banana bars (with cream cheese frosting)
a 3 x 3 inch brownie
a 3 x 3 inch salted nut roll bar

2 bowls of chili.

And that was just in the afternoon..... I ate regular food in the morning.

The thing is ... that day I had a LOT more intake than I did to expend it.

On a normal day, I need a certain amount of calories just to live. If I eat less, then I loose weight. Thing is, that day I ate my normal amount PLUS. LOL. My own fault, and now I am paying the price.

skelley331
10-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh it makes sense skelley - I gained that because this is what I ate:

2 banana bars (with cream cheese frosting)
a 3 x 3 inch brownie
a 3 x 3 inch salted nut roll bar

2 bowls of chili.

And that was just in the afternoon..... I ate regular food in the morning.

The thing is ... that day I had a LOT more intake than I did to expend it.

On a normal day, I need a certain amount of calories just to live. If I eat less, then I lose weight. Thing is, that day I ate my normal amount PLUS. LOL. My own fault, and now I am paying the price.

Lady67: I've had those days too, but what has helped me now is my fitbit flex band I got two weeks ago, I love it. I have it set for calories in calories out and it tracks my calories burned during the day the minute I get out of bed. It's awesome! so thru the day it keeps me on track so I know how many calories I can eat without going over, I have it set to lose 1.5 lbs a week and so far it's been pretty accurate! I go weigh in Saturday so we'll see how this week goes. It also tracks my sleeping habits and I have found that I am restless thru the night, so even though I think i'm getting 8 hrs of sleep I've only been getting an avg of 7 hrs 15 mins to 7 hrs and 20 mins.

aschooley29
10-24-2013, 09:55 PM

I feel your pain. Know that you are not alone. I wanted something to eat so bad last night that I ate an extra HNS (the choc pudding one) I am not sure if that was the right thing to do or not but I did it anyway. Keep your chin up...you will thank yourself later!!:hug:

patzi
10-24-2013, 09:59 PM
If any of you use the Diet Direct Hot Chocolate, the boxes are on sale for $9.50. I like the variety pack and bought some ...

Patzi

Going4Fit
10-25-2013, 01:42 AM
Wow thanks for all the support everyone!

I definitely earned those four pounds. Monumental effort getting all my healthy meals in and all my workouts in while juggling the home and three kiddos. So much easier to get fat then to get thin.

Most of my discouragement comes from having gotten clear back into the 160's. I had truly hoped that somehow that 162.5 number that popped up when I finally had the courage to weigh myself again was a fluke and so I'd see more than the 2lbs/week loss. Since I now know it wasn't, that means I don't have a chance of being back into my skinny jeans before Christmas. I'm just so disappointed in myself. Wearing those skinny jeans and tall boots to my husbands' company Christmas party last year was a personal victory and was the best feeling in the world. Loved, loved, loved those jeans. Can't believe after all this struggle a year later I'll be heavier than I was then.

Can't take back the past. Gotta move forward. I'm getting stronger.

Lady67
10-25-2013, 09:14 AM
well folks, I had weigh in last night.

I have now lost a total of 45 lbs and 55 inches!! :D

So that means I lost the 3 I gained on Saturday, the .5 from last week and an additional 2 lbs. woohooo!!!

Now, to stay on plan for the rest of the week.... I choose to eat healthy.

patzi
10-25-2013, 10:58 AM

So that means I lost the 3 I gained on Saturday, the .5 from last week and an additional 2 lbs. woohooo!!!

That is fantastic.. Pat yourself on the back.. You deserve it. I am so happy for you. Great weight loss and the inches, that is something else..

Patzi

aschooley29
10-25-2013, 03:27 PM
I just wanted to share this recipe with all of you..it was GOOD!!

4 oz shredded chicken
1/4 quinoa (plain cooked)
chicken bouillon HNS

Prepare HNS as instructed except add little more water. season chicken and quinoa with pepper, salt, garlic, and onion flakes. Put chicken and quinoa into HNS. Enjoy

easy yet tasty!! Have a fat burning day ladies ;)

skelley331
10-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Wow thanks for all the support everyone!

I definitely earned those four pounds. Monumental effort getting all my healthy meals in and all my workouts in while juggling the home and three kiddos. So much easier to get fat then to get thin.

Most of my discouragement comes from having gotten clear back into the 160's. I had truly hoped that somehow that 162.5 number that popped up when I finally had the courage to weigh myself again was a fluke and so I'd see more than the 2lbs/week loss. Since I now know it wasn't, that means I don't have a chance of being back into my skinny jeans before Christmas. I'm just so disappointed in myself. Wearing those skinny jeans and tall boots to my husbands' company Christmas party last year was a personal victory and was the best feeling in the world. Loved, loved, loved those jeans. Can't believe after all this struggle a year later I'll be heavier than I was then.

Can't take back the past. Gotta move forward. I'm getting stronger.

going4fit: I'm 5'7 one inch shorter than you are and last year I was at 155 and wore my skinny jeans and tall boots to my husbands party. You should be down enough lbs to get you a pair to wear! I'm at 169 and I weigh in tomorrow hoping to be less, I wish I was 158!!! Hang in there you might surprise yourself!:carrot:

skelley331
10-25-2013, 05:02 PM

Yahoo! congrats Lady67!!!

aschooley29
10-25-2013, 09:04 PM

I am going to join you in staying off of the scale. I have been weighing everyday (more than once). When I gain, even a little, it makes me wonder if the diet is worth it. How long did it take you to get in the groove so you were not hungry or craving?

Going4Fit
10-26-2013, 01:26 AM
going4fit: I'm 5'7 one inch shorter than you are and last year I was at 155 and wore my skinny jeans and tall boots to my husbands party. You should be down enough lbs to get you a pair to wear! I'm at 169 and I weigh in tomorrow hoping to be less, I wish I was 158!!! Hang in there you might surprise yourself!:carrot:

Thanks for encouragement skelley. I've long since given up trying to figure out how some people can be shorter that me, weigh more than me, and wear smaller sizes than me. I'm currently a size 12. My skinny jeans are 8's and I first wore them at 138 pounds. I bought the same pair in a size 6 when I reached maintenance. Loved them - wore them practically every day. Matter of fact, I'm wearing them in my avatar picture! Anyway, I've struggled enough since making maintenance earlier this year to know that they don't fit right (without the love handles) until I'm back under 140. So in the closet they stay until I work my way back down there. 20 pounds to go!

Couldn't make it to the gym today for my weight lifting routine, so did another cardio day at home. Have to go tomorrow to get my three in for the week.

Going4Fit
10-26-2013, 01:28 AM
I just wanted to share this recipe with all of you..it was GOOD!!

4 oz shredded chicken
1/4 quinoa (plain cooked)
chicken bouillon HNS

Prepare HNS as instructed except add little more water. season chicken and quinoa with pepper, salt, garlic, and onion flakes. Put chicken and quinoa into HNS. Enjoy
Just found a stray chicken bouillon HNS today and baked up a batch of chicken for the week also. Will try this for lunch tomorrow. Thanks!

faerychic
10-26-2013, 11:44 AM
I am going to join you in staying off of the scale. I have been weighing everyday (more than once). When I gain, even a little, it makes me wonder if the diet is worth it. How long did it take you to get in the groove so you were not hungry or craving?

It's taken me 3 weeks to find my groove. I have to say I am dissapointed that I have not lost more weight but I am going to continue to stick to what I am doing since I don't have the cravings.

CelticHarpie
10-26-2013, 01:30 PM
So today I went in for my weigh in and I was down a pound. It's taken me a week and a half to get here and the magical 20 lbs down. Was starting to get very discouraged, but feel a little better now.

They will do my measurements at my next weigh in, which marks 2 months on the program. 20 lbs in two months is good progress, right?

faerychic
10-26-2013, 01:54 PM
So today I went in for my weigh in and I was down a pound. It's taken me a week and a half to get here and the magical 20 lbs down. Was starting to get very discouraged, but feel a little better now.

They will do my measurements at my next weigh in, which marks 2 months on the program. 20 lbs in two months is good progress, right?

20 pounds in 2 months is excellent! Crongrat's!

JenB72
10-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Today was a monumental day for me. I have now lost the weight (26.5 pounds) that I gained after my dad died and I didn't care anymore. Kinda bittersweet.

On another note, I'm sick, on antibiotics and feel like crap. However, I'm treating this sickness different than I did the others. This time, I am making the decision to not let this be my license to eat whatever. I will stay on plan and not let this de-rail me.

Going4Fit
10-26-2013, 03:32 PM

CelticHarpie, my weight loss on program seemed so slow compared to others that were always posting 3+ lbs lost per week but when I finished and looked back I actually averaged 10 pounds a month. And I was on MetaSlim and followed plan 100% perfectly the entire time. So keep it up - you're doing great!

Going4Fit
10-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Today was a monumental day for me. I have now lost the weight (26.5 pounds) that I gained after my dad died and I didn't care anymore. Kinda bittersweet.

On another note, I'm sick, on antibiotics and feel like crap. However, I'm treating this sickness different than I did the others. This time, I am making the decision to not let this be my license to eat whatever. I will stay on plan and not let this de-rail me.

Jen that is a great milestone! Congratulations. Hope you feel better soon - eating ultra-healthy while sick will help you get over it faster anyway (all the natural vitamins and minerals in healthy, whole foods) so keep it up - you can do it!

skelley331
10-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks for encouragement skelley. I've long since given up trying to figure out how some people can be shorter that me, weigh more than me, and wear smaller sizes than me. I'm currently a size 12. My skinny jeans are 8's and I first wore them at 138 pounds. I bought the same pair in a size 6 when I reached maintenance. Loved them - wore them practically every day. Matter of fact, I'm wearing them in my avatar picture! Anyway, I've struggled enough since making maintenance earlier this year to know that they don't fit right (without the love handles) until I'm back under 140. So in the closet they stay until I work my way back down there. 20 pounds to go!

Couldn't make it to the gym today for my weight lifting routine, so did another cardio day at home. Have to go tomorrow to get my three in for the week.

I'm currently in size 10's, not sure what size my Miss Me Skinny jeans are, I have a pair of Elle skinny jeans that are a size 8 that I can wear but still have a little muffin top, I've noticed in your picture you look like you have a small frame (tiny) I'm 5'6 but I have a medium frame, my wrist is 8". don't fret you will get there. :carrot:

skelley331
10-26-2013, 04:10 PM

CelticHarpie: Wow congrats on your loss! 20lbs in two months is awesome:carrot:

skelley331
10-26-2013, 04:12 PM

JenB72:
congrats on your loss that is great! I'm sorry to hear you are sick but staying on plan and eating healthy like going4fit says is true and will help you get better quicker. Hope you feel better soon!:hug:

skelley331
10-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Well I weighed in today and I've lost 1lb, wish it would have been more but i'll take it. Been following my fitbit flex and it's been right on the money so far. It's set for 1 1/2 lb loss a week but its based on sunday thru Saturday so tomorrow I could actually be down 1 1/2 lbs we'll see. Love it Love it!!! :carrot::woohoo:

MarleneV
10-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm back from my trip. Good job on the losses! I am used to daily weighing, so being without for 3 days drove me a bit nutty...

I did pretty well on eating while at the conference, but do admit to drinking some alcohol... But still within my calorie range. Anyway, this am, I was still within my range, so all is good! I even had some deserts, but would just eat 2-3 small bites & set aside the rest. We did some walking with the group, and 2 of the 3 days, I got up early & hit the hotel fitness center too.

The BEST thing that happened was some guy hitting on me when we were at a restaurant bar waiting for a table. He started talking to me, and I was just being nice, didn't think anything of it. His party (group of guys that went to HS together on a road trip) were seated a little before us, and then we were near them. They finished before we did, and so he came over & said he needed advise on how they should spilt their bill (I'd told him we were CPAs). One of the other CPAs with us asked who he was after he'd left, and my business partner said, " he was flirting with her at the bar". Honestly, that was when I realized it...

The other great thing was that everyone there who hasn't seen me since the conference last year (it's an annual one), was really amazed when they saw me. Sme said they hadn't even recognized me at first. When I was there last year, I was down 25, and I've lost an additional 50 since then. Motivation to keep it off for next year!

aschooley29
10-26-2013, 11:36 PM

You should be very proud of losing 20lbs in two months!!;)

aschooley29
10-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm back from my trip. Good job on the losses! I am used to daily weighing, so being without for 3 days drove me a bit nutty...

I did pretty well on eating while at the conference, but do admit to drinking some alcohol... But still within my calorie range. Anyway, this am, I was still within my range, so all is good! I even had some deserts, but would just eat 2-3 small bites & set aside the rest. We did some walking with the group, and 2 of the 3 days, I got up early & hit the hotel fitness center too.

The BEST thing that happened was some guy hitting on me when we were at a restaurant bar waiting for a table. He started talking to me, and I was just being nice, didn't think anything of it. His party (group of guys that went to HS together on a road trip) were seated a little before us, and then we were near them. They finished before we did, and so he came over & said he needed advise on how they should spilt their bill (I'd told him we were CPAs). One of the other CPAs with us asked who he was after he'd left, and my business partner said, " he was flirting with her at the bar". Honestly, that was when I realized it...

The other great thing was that everyone there who hasn't seen me since the conference last year (it's an annual one), was really amazed when they saw me. Sme said they hadn't even recognized me at first. When I was there last year, I was down 25, and I've lost an additional 50 since then. Motivation to keep it off for next year!

Awesome job!! It is awesome that you worked out while you were at the conference! You are an inspiration.

aschooley29
10-26-2013, 11:45 PM
I went to a Halloween Party at my church tonight. Lots of good food there to tempt me. I brought a chicken salad. I was too embarrassed to take out my salad and eat it in front of everyone, so I went to my car and ate it. I am not sure why I was embarrassed but I was. I am proud that I did not eat any of the tempting foods!
:)

aschooley29
10-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Just found a stray chicken bouillon HNS today and baked up a batch of chicken for the week also. Will try this for lunch tomorrow. Thanks!

I hope you enjoy it!! :)

Going4Fit
10-27-2013, 01:09 AM
I went to a Halloween Party at my church tonight. Lots of good food there to tempt me. I brought a chicken salad. I was too embarrassed to take out my salad and eat it in front of everyone, so I went to my car and ate it. I am not sure why I was embarrassed but I was. I am proud that I did not eat any of the tempting foods!

This made me chuckle. I brought salads many, many places while on plan. Have eaten them at the mall, at other people's houses, in my car... Gotta do what ya gotta do! Stick with it girl you're doing great!

MarleneV
10-27-2013, 10:18 AM

Before I got to maintenance, I would also take my own dinner to events at church, and even events for school activities for the kids. People would ask, and I would explain that I was on a program diet and what I was eating was part of the program. Funny, because the moms who are slim got it, the others didn't. Usually events are potluck, so now I take a big salad or veggie tray, and can usually find some other stuff that works for me.

Good job for not eating the temptation!!!! :carrot:

Fran Veal
10-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Newbie here and contemplating canceling (still have a day to decide). Biggest concern is the low, low calorie intake. I've never done well long term when I cut my calories more than 1200 and usually lose steadily at 1500. I'm also concerned that maintenance is going to be a low calorie diet for the rest of my life. I just don't think that's realistic. I know you can't go back to eating fast food and cake every day, but with moderate exercise, a person should be able to maintain their weight lost at 1800 to 2000 calories.

aschooley29
10-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Newbie here and contemplating canceling (still have a day to decide). Biggest concern is the low, low calorie intake. I've never done well long term when I cut my calories more than 1200 and usually lose steadily at 1500. I'm also concerned that maintenance is going to be a low calorie diet for the rest of my life. I just don't think that's realistic. I know you can't go back to eating fast food and cake every day, but with moderate exercise, a person should be able to maintain their weight lost at 1800 to 2000 calories.

I have been on the program for 2 weeks. It is not too bad. I have not been too hungry and I have now lost almost 10 lbs. I also hope to be able to eat somewhat regular after I am able to maintain for awhile. Correct me if I am wrong ladies but from what I understand while on maintenance you gradually add food back into your diet when you start gaining you stop. So each of us will be able to eat a different amount while still maintaining. Good luck on your journey!!

aschooley29
10-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Before I got to maintenance, I would also take my own dinner to events at church, and even events for school activities for the kids. People would ask, and I would explain that I was on a program diet and what I was eating was part of the program. Funny, because the moms who are slim got it, the others didn't. Usually events are potluck, so now I take a big salad or veggie tray, and can usually find some other stuff that works for me.

Good job for not eating the temptation!!!! :carrot:

Thanks MarlenV!! ;)

skelley331
10-27-2013, 08:48 PM
I have been on the program for 2 weeks. It is not too bad. I have not been too hungry and I have now lost almost 10 lbs. I also hope to be able to eat somewhat regular after I am able to maintain for awhile. Correct me if I am wrong ladies but from what I understand while on maintenance you gradually add food back into your diet when you start gaining you stop. So each of us will be able to eat a different amount while still maintaining. Good luck on your journey!!

aschooley29: After you hit your goal weight they start you on stabilization for six weeks and yes you start adding back certain foods but the foods you ate during the pre-conditioning are pretty much all you can eat. I started MRC june 2012 and hit maintenance in jan 2013 and after two months all the cravings came back my inches came back and I gained about 15 lbs, now i'm back on the green menu again to lose the 15 lbs, it's hard and very strict. I have found that I can't eat carbs anymore without gaining, during the program they eliminate a lot of the carbs so your body gets use to not having them. So during the stabilization each week you add back say a dairy one week then a carb the next week and if you gain then they can see what food you added and then you have to put it on your elimination list that you can't eat that certain food. After I got done with the program the first go around it cost me about $2500. So this time around i'm only doing the HNS drinks but i'm finding it hard to follow so i'm actually staying around 1200 calories a day and i'm losing at least 1lb a week. Goodluck to all the newbies!

aschooley29
10-27-2013, 09:10 PM
aschooley29: After you hit your goal weight they start you on stabilization for six weeks and yes you start adding back certain foods but the foods you ate during the pre-conditioning are pretty much all you can eat. I started MRC june 2012 and hit maintenance in jan 2013 and after two months all the cravings came back my inches came back and I gained about 15 lbs, now i'm back on the green menu again to lose the 15 lbs, it's hard and very strict. I have found that I can't eat carbs anymore without gaining, during the program they eliminate a lot of the carbs so your body gets use to not having them. So during the stabilization each week you add back say a dairy one week then a carb the next week and if you gain then they can see what food you added and then you have to put it on your elimination list that you can't eat that certain food. After I got done with the program the first go around it cost me about $2500. So this time around i'm only doing the HNS drinks but i'm finding it hard to follow so i'm actually staying around 1200 calories a day and i'm losing at least 1lb a week. Goodluck to all the newbies!

How many HNS' are you doing a day? How many did you take the first time? So far I have found that the HNS' are the most expensive part of the program. How are you getting 1200 cal a day while on the green menu?

SMSDREAMER2007
10-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I agree with you fran, this is why I am taking their plan, menus and support and changing it to suit me. Good luck! Hopefully we will be doing this together!

skelley331
10-27-2013, 09:35 PM
How many HNS' are you doing a day? How many did you take the first time? So far I have found that the HNS' are the most expensive part of the program. How are you getting 1200 cal a day while on the green menu?

I'm doing three a day, did 3-4 first time around. The expensive items are the vitamins, oils, efa's, and I took cortitrim and MRC6, I agree the program works for fast weight loss but when I was on it even with the green menu I averaged around 700-800 calories a day, I see where some on here say on the green menu they get 1000-1200 a day but I never managed to get that. I'm not following the green menu anymore, i'm on myfitnesspal and using the fitbit flex band and doing calories in calories out and i'm losing 1-1 1/2 lbs a week doing -750 calorie deficit a day. I can't seem to stay on plan thru MRC, but I was also told that their menus are specifically set up to keep you in fat burn mode and if you eat outside the menu's it will slow your weight loss. I'm not saying the plan doesn't work but I can't eat the same foods over and over forever.