Fitness Videos - October 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

Diana3271
09-30-2013, 10:07 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

Diana3271
10-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy October!

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a wonderful day!

teacher1
10-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Diana- that was a big workout yesterday!

Laura- hi

today- rest... subbed today

Diana3271
10-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In: TF Fire 60

Teacher Enjoy your evening!

Laura :wave:

Diana3271
10-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone!!!

today- ymca pilates 1 hour

Diana3271
10-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt & Leg Work w/#5's
2 Sections from Denise Austin's Burn Fat Fast Cardio Blast

Teacher Great job on the pilates!

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-03-2013, 08:05 AM

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

teacher1
10-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Subbed today and didn't get a workout in.

today- rest

Diana3271
10-03-2013, 09:55 PM

Check-In:
Patrick Goudeau presents Kickbox Burn w/#1's
1000 Jump Ropes

Teacher It looks like you are subbing more this school year than you did before.

Waving Hi all around. Enjoy your evening.

Diana3271
10-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great Friday and start to the weekend! :dance:

teacher1
10-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Diana- you're right! I'm subbing so much more than last year. I'm hoping to slow down cause it does mean my schedule is all over the place.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-04-2013, 06:03 PM

Check-In:
Lindsay Brin's Hiit Cardio (10 Min)
TF Fire 45 EZ

Teacher Did you get sore from the Pilates workout?

Enjoy your weekend!

Diana3271
10-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend to all!

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi!!!

Laura- how are things going?

Diana- no, I wasn't sore from the pilates. It depends on the teacher and was okay but somewhat gentle. I guess it's not a bad thing since I tend to hurt myself so much. I might go back to that class depending on my schedule.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/#8's
KS Project You Fat Burning: Power Push

Teacher Are you interested in going back to work full time?

Laura Hi :wave:

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-06-2013, 09:30 AM

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Menstruating Series from Yoga for Inflexible People

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Diana- I really thought about going back full time this year but didn't find the right position. We'll see where I'm at in the Spring. Still hoping the baby thing happens but time will tell.

today- no official workout just house cleaning

Diana3271
10-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/#8's
TF Fire Hiit 25

Teacher I forgot about you working on the baby. :D Wishing you the very best.

Waving Hi all around!

Diana3271
10-07-2013, 08:11 AM

Have a great day!

Diana3271
10-07-2013, 06:20 PM

Check-In:
Lindsay Brin's 10 Minute Hiit Cardio
TF Fire 60

Have a great evening!

TurboLaura
10-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Hey ladies!

Today Hiit 25 and hoping to get a walk in with my boys before the rain hits.

I hope that you've both been well, Diana and teacher. I've re-committed to daily exercise no matter what. No matter what I will do at least 30 minutes a day! Thanks for not giving up on me :)

teacher1
10-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Diana- thanks, I'll just have to wait and see on the baby news. How's Cody?

Laura- Do you walk your dogs daily? You're way ahead of me in the weight loss game :)

today- walked the dogs 1 hour

Diana3271
10-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Laura Keep plugging away and trying. Just don't give up. Every day is a new day that we can try again. Things are never perfect but as long as you keep trying you will be going in a positive direction.

Teacher He's still evil! :rofl: On our previous Vet appointment, the Vet looked at his teeth and said that he should be "losing those sharp baby teeth and getting his regular teeth". I told her "can we help it along a little?" :rofl: She was not amused! :lol: Today was his last appointment. He got his rabies shot and parvo. I told the Dr., so now that he got his rabies shot, he shouldn't get "rabies" every night when we get home. :lol: I swear he acts awful when we get back home from work. She didn't seemed amused by that either. I don't think Dr's have a sense of humor. I can say he gets "rabies" when we get home because when I walk down the hallway, he is behind me biting me in the a$$ the entire time! He has a white marking on his chest and we were talking about that at the Vets office. I told them that the white mark was his "super puppy" logo. It's in the shape of a diamond. DH says that he's a "diamond in the ruff". :rofl:

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-08-2013, 08:14 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

Diana3271
10-08-2013, 06:45 PM

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt plus Upper Body Weights w/8's
Kathy Smith Project You Fat Burning Long Lean
500 Jump Ropes

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
10-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Diana- Cody is such a ball of energy. Bruiser (my big boxer) was like that as a puppy but is very chill now except on walk he acts crazy. He's very embarrassing. I think I need the dog whisper. I know he need exercise but he gets out of control and being 73 pounds he's hard to manage.

Subbed today and they had the homecoming assembly which was lots of fun. Those are the kinds of things I miss not teaching full time.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
10-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Hey ladies!!

Teacher - glad that you had a great day subbing :). Those are such fun things! I don't take them on long walks daily but 2 of them love it! My Wally is 14 and he can't go for walks anymore and Sidney just won't walk beyond our street! Silly boy.

Diana - your vet needs to lighten up ;). Cody has a ton of energy, wow!

Today: walk with my boys and tj 20 minute workout.

Diana3271
10-09-2013, 09:16 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF TLC Combined Workouts Premix w/#1's

Teacher I hope the Tasmanian Devil dog calms down soon. :rofl: He is showing progress, so hopefully he will get there.

Laura Good job on the walk and TJ!

Enjoy your evening!

TurboLaura
10-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Hello!!! :wave:

Combat 45 power kata today and feeling soooo much better now that I'm moving daily again!

How are you all?!?

Diana3271
10-10-2013, 08:11 AM

Last night I added on: Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
10-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Laura- glad you're feeling better :)

Diana- hi

I got the best massage ever today. I finally used a x-mas gift certificate from my sister-in-laws. Bad news, it's at the most expensive place I've ever been. So I might try to use this as a weight reward since I really need some motivation.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
10-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Hello ladies!

Today : 25 minute brisk walk with my guys and tf upper 20.

Teacher - yay on the massage!! That sounds like a great reward :D
Diana - hope that you had a great day!

Diana3271
10-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt plus Lower Body w/#8's
TF Fire 45 EZ

I love that 10 Minute Hiit Cardio workout. There is nothing fancy and no up and downs to the floor. Just a really good intense workout. Here's a link in case anyone wants to do it. It's a free youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_K9jrexquw

Teacher I'm glad you enjoyed the massage! What kind was it? I have only had one professional massage. It was when we were on the cruise. I want to get another one but I just can't seem to find the time.

Laura Yes, a good day, here. Glad tomorrow is Friday, though. ;) Good job on your workout!

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

teacher1
10-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi ladies!

Diana- thanks for the link, that looks like a good workout. It was a 60 min. swedish massage. I don't get massages very often unless a good groupon comes along or on vacation. This lady was the best... not too hard and very relaxing.

today- walk the dogs 60 min

Diana3271
10-11-2013, 06:22 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Trim Down Boxing Drills premix w/weighted gloves
TF Fire Starter w/weighted gloves

Teacher Great job on that walk!

Enjoy your weekend!

TurboLaura
10-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey!!!

Diana - thanks for the link :)
Teacher - yay on a long walk with the pups!

Today - hiit 20 and fire 30! Killer but awesome ;)

Diana3271
10-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend to all!

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners - Standing
Cleanse and Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Enjoy your Saturday!

TurboLaura
10-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Yay it's saturday! It's also our 11 year anniversary :). Married for almost 8 but together 11 years today.

Stained our deck again this AM and we're going out for a bit today but will make time for a workout! At least a hiit or 20 minute turbo jam.

Diana - is the yoga helping you sleep?

Take care all

teacher1
10-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Laura- happy anniversary!!!!

Diana- hi

No official workout today. I did the Buddy Walk to benefit Down Syndrome but it was only a mile walk. It was great to see my former student who happens to be my favorite student! It was a great day :)

Diana3271
10-12-2013, 11:18 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's
TF Low Hiit 20

Laura Happy Anniversary! I'm not sure if the yoga helps with sleep. I take benadryl at night for the angioedema. I know the benadryl is sedating. I have noticed that sometimes I don't sleep as well if I don't do the yoga. It makes sense that it is helping, but I don't know for sure.

Teacher I'm glad you had a great day!

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-13-2013, 09:25 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi ladies!!!

The husband finally has the weekend off. So we went to see Gravity. It was a good movie.

today- walk dogs 1 hour

Diana3271
10-13-2013, 09:24 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer Premix w/8's

Teacher I heard Gravity was really good. They said it was sad at times. Do you agree? I tend to prefer romantic comedies at this point in my life. I avoid anything sad

Laura Hi :wave:

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-14-2013, 08:15 AM

Last night I added on: 7 Minute Premix from Strong Knees
Easing Neck and Shoulder Tension from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi ladies!!

A cooler and rainy day. So I'm making my first batch of veggie soup this season :)

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Check-In: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

Teacher Homemade veggie soup sounds wonderful!

Laura I hope you had a great day!

Have a great evening!

TurboLaura
10-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Hey ladies!!

Teacher - aswesome job on the charity walk and I'm glad that your husband had some time off with you. My husband said that he LOVED Gravity. DIANA - I'm with you, and only like happy movies. Too much stress and depression with life and counseling!

No official workout today but did 60 minutes of yardwork and walked my boys. Planning on being extremely disciplined again starting this week!

Diana3271
10-15-2013, 08:02 AM

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi all!

Laura- yardwork is a major workout!

Diana- hi

Today my little furbaby girl had her teeth cleaned. They had to remove 4 teeth. I'm waiting to pick her up at 6:00pm. It's going to be hard seeing her all groggy and in pain. Plus, I'm dreading the bill, the quote was between $700-900. Bruiser goes next Tues for his cleaning. I'm hoping he doesn't need as much work.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
10-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi all!

Teacher - sending good thoughts your and your baby girl's way. Poor sweetie will recover quickly, much faster than you wallet :)

Diana - :wave:

Today - Les Mills Combat power kata 45.

Diana3271
10-15-2013, 10:18 PM

Speaking of dental stuff! Last week I started having some pain in one of my teeth. I had pain for a day and then it was gone. It continued to feel weird. Today I went to the dentist. The dentist did an X-ray of the suspicious tooth and it looked like there was a problem. She referred me to the Endodontist. They had an opening at 12:15. That gave me just enough time to get DH some lunch, take it to him, and get to their office. The Endodontist said I would need a root canal done. That tooth already has a crown. He went through the crown to do the root canal. They put the temporary filling in with meds. I will go back in 2 weeks for the regular filling. There won't be a need for a new crown. I have a prescription for antibiotics twice a day and he wanted me to take ibuprofen for 1 1/2 days. I am not one to get sick to my stomach. The antibiotic said to take with or without food. I took with food. I had a couple bouts of nausea so far. I didn't get sick just that bad feeling. Hopefully I will adjust to the meds.

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF Trim Down combined workouts premix w/8's for weights and #1's for boxing

I thought Kelly was going to kill me today. I probably should have used #5's for the weights since this is a new one for me.

Teacher Sending good thoughts for your little one. I hope she not in too much pain.

Laura Good job on the Les Mills. Did you use weighted gloves? I always get DOMS when I do Combat. I think it's because of the more controlled and powerful punches.

Enjoy your evening.

Diana3271
10-16-2013, 08:12 AM

Have a great day!

Diana3271
10-16-2013, 05:54 PM

Check-In:
LM Sports Attack
TF Low Hiit 25

Waving Hi all around! I hope you got a great workout in! Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
10-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Diana- glad you're getting your tooth all fixed up. It isn't slowing you down cause I see a full workout today :)

Laura- hi

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Teacher Things could be worse so I may as well make the most of it. :lol: How is your girl doing?

TurboLaura
10-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Hey ladies :)

Diana - I hope that ypu're feeling better - tooth pain is just terrible.
Yes, I wear weighted gloves with every cardio workout. I get some different soreness with combat, too. Usually the inside of my elbows!!!

Teacher - how are you?

Today - hiit 25

Diana3271
10-17-2013, 08:09 AM

Last night I added on: A Stomach and Digestive Issues premix from Yoga for Stress Relief

My stomach has been weird since taking the antibiotics for the root canal.

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Diana- I hope you tummy feels better soon. My furbaby is doing great. She's still taking meds and is on a soft food diet for 2 weeks but other than that she's back to normal :)

Laura- doing good. Still struggling with food choices and this change to cold weather is bringing out all sorts of cravings for comfort food.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-17-2013, 11:50 PM

Check-In: KCM'S 30 MTF CIRCUIT BURN - COMBINED WORKOUTS #5'S FOR WEIGHT SECTIONS #1'S FOR BOXING

Teacher Good news on your girl! Good job on the elliptical!

Laura Are you still planning to sell your house?

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo:

Check-In: 5 Miles from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
10-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Hi ladies!

I subbed today. It is a cloudy and rainy day that had a little snow. The first snow of the season, which was melted right away.

today- rest

TurboLaura
10-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Hey all!

Teacher - wow!!! Snow :D

Diana - we're still looking for houses and we will list ours when we find what we want. Still a few small projects to complete.

Today: combat 60 ultimate warrior. AWESOME!

Diana3271
10-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend! :carrot:

Have a great day!

Diana3271
10-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I need to share something and maybe get some advice.

We have an area rug in our living room. There is a 6 inch area all the way around where the hardwood is and the area rug does not cover. There is foam padding under the area rug. Do you have an idea where this is going? Cody has been driving us crazy! He roots up under the rug and tears off pieces of the foam padding and eats it. We have tried to take it from him which leads to us chasing him. This has ended up being a fun game for him and he is doing it constantly now. I have been so scared that he is going to have some sort of intestinal blockage. The good thing is that I have seen him pass this stuff in his poop. Last night DH suggested that we put red cayenne pepper around the edges and under the rug on the foam. The carpeting is brown, so you can't see the red cayenne pepper. This seems to have helped the situation. But it makes me feel bad when I see him smacking his mouth and rubbing his face. I know he got in it and I don't like hurting him. I am hoping this will teach him not to mess with it. What are your thoughts. I am starting to feel like a bad "Mama". :(

The last 24 hours has been really bad with him. Last night he was chewing on a chew toy. I noticed a weird crunch noise. I moved him and the toy and noticed that he had lost one of his baby teeth. This morning there was already a tooth coming back into that area. I noticed the tooth on the opposite side was also loose. He has been very difficult today and into everything. DH lost his temper and yelled at him and was going on and on. DH got ready to go outside in the front yard and Cody bolted for the door. He ran out in the street and DH could not get him back. I went out there with a squeaky toy and was able to get him. This whole thing made DH even more mad because we had a hard time getting him back. Later, I went outside and the same thing happened with me. He ran across the street to the neighbors house. I had to go get him and he didn't want to come to me. I swear he acted like a wild animal. I got him back in the house and he was playing with the chew toy again. He started licking his mouth in a weird way. I opened his mouth and his tooth was just barely hanging on. I removed it so it wouldn't continue to bother him. He didn't cry and it didn't bleed.

Have either of you experienced this with your dogs? The last 24 hours have been very trying with him and I'm concerned with him not coming when called, etc. He doesn't normally act like this. He is starting to act very independent and like I said, like a wild animal.

Also, what are your thoughts on the red pepper? Is that cruel or is it better than him eating the foam. Us trying to get the foam from him is like a game so he was getting worse with that.

ETA: It almost seems like he's worse today. It's like he's resentful because of the pepper. I am probably reading more into this than it is. :(

Ugh! I hope things improve.

teacher1
10-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Diana- I'm so sorry that Cody is being a hot mess. Yes, I've had many days like this with my babies over the years. It will get much better with age but sometimes even now, they'll act terrible. My little girl likes to eat foam and stuffing from blankets. I can't tell you how many comforters that I had to throw out. Then Bruiser comes along and eats the stuffing. He gets stuff coming out the back side and I've had to pull it out. TMI!!! much like a rabbit from a magic hat. So please know it's not you!!! I've never done the pepper but it's a spice so it shouldn't hurt him. Plus, if it's working, hopefully he'll start to leave it alone. I know it's stressful on your relationship when the furkid starts to act up... at least it's stressful with ours. Do you have a crate? There's times when they need a time out or I need a break and I'll have to crate them for a quick time out. It will get better with age but my dogs rarely come when called. I've raised chunky/spoiled dogs. I'm a little afraid if I have a kid what will happen. Hang in there!!!! Sorry, growing pains are the worst!!!

Laura- home hunting can be exciting :)

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-19-2013, 10:31 PM

I took a rest day today. I spent some extra time with Cody today. I ended up getting ready and leaving the house late. I went to the shop to do my monthly dusting, cleaning, and cleaned the bathrooms.

Teacher Thank you so much for your reassuring words. They really helped me. Magnum used to steal DH's tools at the shop. He would also steal and eat the shop rags. We have also been though him passing the rags and having to help get them out. He also ate and passed steal wool pads. :yikes: DH and I have never wanted children, but I thought today that I am so glad that I didn't have them. I don't think I have the patience to deal with all of that. I would also worry myself sick all the time. We do have a couple crates in the house. It does help to crate him at times. We have to crate him when we eat since he won't leave you alone. When he gets crazy and we crate him, he is calm when he comes back out. The red pepper seems to have helped. I think he only ate 2 small pieces of the foam. He didn't really even attempt it much. I went to look at the areas where he got it and there was not much pepper there. I reapplied those areas. :lol: Again, thank you so much. It sounds like you have been through a lot with your babies. :hug:

Laura Hi :wave: I hope you had a good day.

Enjoy your evening and rest well.

Diana3271
10-20-2013, 09:24 AM

Before bed I did: Twists from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Diana- I hope Cody is doing better today.

Laura- are you teaching the kids kickboxing this year?

today- elip 30 min & TF fire 30... my hip has been good lately so I thought I'd try a little TF and see how it goes.

Diana3271
10-20-2013, 09:52 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Lower Body Premix with #8's
Mindy Mylrea's Cardio Overdrive Cardio Jump Premix

Teacher Good job on the TF. Good luck, I hope it doesn't cause you any problems tomorrow. I can't believe those 2 teeth are almost in. He lost them yesterday. I guess they get replaced very quickly. He hasn't been very hungry today. I finally scrambled him some eggs. I think the dog food is too hard on his teeth right now. We also have a large dog bed that he has been acting like a bad boy with. :lol: The poor thing is literally worn out. :lol:

Laura How are you doing?

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on:
Cleanse from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

I hope you have a great start to your week!

Diana3271
10-21-2013, 07:06 PM

Check-In: Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/1's

Have a great evening!

teacher1
10-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Diana- glad that Cody did eat the eggs. I always have canned pumpkin at my house in case my furkids have an upset stomach. I mix it with the dry food and it helps calm their stomach.

Laura- hi

today- walked dogs 60 min and 30 min elip... the hip is good today :)

Diana3271
10-22-2013, 08:08 AM

I did this one the day before, too. It felt like a good combo.

Last night I added on:

Teacher Good job on all of that cardio. Glad the hip didn't act up. :carrot:

Have a great day!

teacher1
10-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi ladies!!!

The hip is still doing good :) Bruiser is at the vet getting his teeth cleaned. They have to pull 2 teeth. Next time, I'm getting both dogs teeth cleaned on the same day. Live and learn :)

today- turbo sculpt (old school but one of my favorites) and 30 min walk with my dog. She loves being an only child today!

Diana3271
10-22-2013, 09:57 PM

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/#8's
Cathe Friedrich's Rockout Knockout (only 30 minutes, I ran out of time) w/#1 weights

Teacher I couldn't imagine having to deal with more than one dog at a time. Do your dogs keep each other occupied? Do they ever gang up and cause more chaos since it's two of them? :D I'm glad your hip is still doing well. :carrot:

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-23-2013, 08:11 AM

Have a great day!

teacher1
10-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Diana- yep, the 2 dogs gang up on me especially on walks. So I have to walk them one at a time. Bruiser was a hot mess after the dental work yesterday. He was drooling and bleeding all over :( I was very upset but this morning he seems to be much better and no bleeding or drool. Now 2 weeks on meds and soft food. This teeth cleaning is a big pain!!!

The hip is still doing good today but I didn't get a workout in. I have my brother until Sat. and the day has gotten away from me and I'm off to pick him up from school. He has tomorrow and Fri off for conferences so it will be a crazy few days until Sun.

today- nothing

Diana3271
10-23-2013, 10:10 PM

Check-In:
KS Project: You! Fat Burning: Power Push
KS Project: You! Fat Burning: Long Lean

Teacher They sound like a handful, especially during walks. :D I'm glad everything has improved today for Bruiser. Cody lost another baby tooth this morning. He has lost 3 of those sharp "fang" teeth. :lol: Only one left to bite me with. :carrot: So far, it seems like putting the red pepper out has helped with him eating the foam.

Waving Hi all around. Enjoy your evening.

Diana3271
10-24-2013, 08:14 AM

Last night I added on:

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Diana- glad Cody is doing better :)

Laura- hi :)

today- elip 30 min & TF Fire 30

Diana3271
10-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Legs w/#8's
TF Low Hiit 20

Teacher Good job on your workouts! How did it feel to do TF?

Diana3271
10-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay: I hope you have a great weekend! :dance:

Check-In: Micelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

We got home late last night and I was too tired to add on any yoga.

Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
10-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Diana- it feels so good to get a little TF done. Fingers crossed that the hip keeps cooperating.

today- YMCA fierce 45 min (interval strength & cardio) & yoga 45 min (it was a harder teacher but I made it through) :)

Diana3271
10-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Saturday!

I turned the heat on for the first time this season. It doesn't work. Add that to my list of things to address for next week. :p

Last night I added on: Unwinding Muscle Tension from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Diana- boo, I hope the heat is a simple fix. I hate home repairs!!! such a pain!

Laura- hi

My parents come back tonight :) My brother did good but it will be nice to be back to normal.

today- rest... a little sore from yesterday

Diana3271
10-26-2013, 10:51 PM
HI Everyone!

I took a rest day. We had a wonderful time for DH's birthday dinner. We went to a place called Hall's Chop House. The owners were there at the door to greet all of theirs guests for the evening. They came by the table several times to make sure we were happy and everything was going well. He even knew that it was DH's birthday (I had notified them ahead of time) and he personally wished DH a Happy Birthday. The service was impeccable and the food excellent. Our wine choice was even perfect. We ate at Smith & Wollensky in NYC and they are not even in the same league as Hall's.

Teacher You had a long workout yesterday! Do you think you are sore from the strength/cardio or yoga?

Waving Hi all around! :wave: I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Diana3271
10-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Enjoy your day.

Diana3271
10-27-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure if this will work. These pictures were taken last night. One of me and DH and the other is of me and Cody.

EDITED TO REMOVE PICTURE LINKS

teacher1
10-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Laura- hi :)

Diana- what a fun bday dinner.... the pics are great! Cody is getting big and I love your sassy boots!!! I think that the strength/cardio class is the one that left me sore.

I'm starting to get things ready for a mini vacation to Kansas City. My DH and I leave on Wed and get back late Sat.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
10-27-2013, 10:32 PM

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Legs Premix w/#8's
TF Fire 45 EZ

Teacher Thank you for the compliments. What are your plans when you get to KC? Is it a pure relaxation trip? Are you taking your dogs?

Diana3271
10-28-2013, 07:59 AM

Have a great start to your week.

Diana3271
10-28-2013, 05:55 PM

Check-In:
10 Minute Hiit Cardio w/Lindsay Brin
10 Minute Cardio Quickie w/Jessica Smith
KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (combined workouts)

Enjoy your evening

TurboLaura
10-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Hi ladies! Please excuse me from being MIA. Nursing some sort of a hip injury last week and my senior guy had multiple vet appointments for glaucoma in his left eye.

Diana - sounds like Cody is being a handful. I'm not sure the red pepper, can it hurt him? Is Cody getting enough exercise through walking with you? This may help if he's tired. We also used pennies in an empty soda can and would shake it very hard and yell no sharply when they would do something we didn't want them to repeat. My Sheldon, who is an angel now, was a psychotic pup who bit everything, mostly us. This was the only way to stop it. Our pups were also never unattended and we would keep them crated, leashed or being held until they could be trusted. Dating the foam/rug could be damgerous and I hear that you're worried. My Sidney ate glass Christmas ornaments once!!! So scary.
Good luck :)
This may sound weird but also try petting/rubbing at the scruff of his neck - it's a pressure point spot that releases endorphines and always calmed my crazy boy down - its also something mommy dogs do when they pick up their pups.

Teacher - hellooooooo!!

Tonight - TF Fire 45 ez

Finally back on track today for good - gotten so heavy :(

TurboLaura
10-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Diana!! Fabulous photos! You look gorgeous :)

Diana3271
10-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Laura Thank you! It's good to see you. Sorry about the injury. Hope it heals quickly for you. I don't think the red pepper can hurt. It's better than him eating the foam. Noises don't seem to have a negative effect on him. I think that's because they started him off early to get used to loud noises, since he will be a hunting dog. We definitely keep him in our sights, at all times or crated. I don't trust him with anything yet. Nothing like an old dog. ;) Are they going to be able to do anything for the glaucoma? Good job on your workout!

Teacher Hi :wave:

teacher1
10-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Diana- the trip is for relaxation. My DH works so much and missed the Disney trip this summer so we decided to get away for a few days. No dogs- they'll stay with my parents. We'll probably look around, shop, and eat too much.

Laura- ouch, I hope the hip heals quickly. Your poor puppy. How many dogs do you have? I can't remember.

today- no formal workout... but I cleaned the house :)

Diana3271
10-29-2013, 08:00 AM

Last night I added on: Gentle Wake Up from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Enjoy your day!

teacher1
10-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi ladies!!!

I'm busy packing and running errands today. Off to KC tomorrow. I'll be back to check-in Sun :)

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
10-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Hey ladies!

Diana - you're right ... The foam will be very dangerous for him to eat.

Thank you all for asking! My Wally will be on 3 eye drops for life to manage his dry eye and glaucoma - mo biggie!!!
Hip felt awesome but there is something in Combat 60 that irritates it....weird. All other combats are fine!

Teacher - hello!!!!! I have 4 dogs :)

Today - Combat 60!

Diana3271
10-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights premix w/#8's
TF Fire 45

I went back to the Endodontist today for him to remove the medicated filling and to place the temporary filling. The gum area still feels weird. The Endodontist thought it was a good idea to continue with an antibiotic. I had to have two rounds the last time I had a root canal, too. He prescribed a stronger antibiotic that is to be taken 3 times a day. The first dosage was to be 2 capsules at one time. I started feeling ill with the last antibiotic almost immediately. I had nausea and was dizzy. I have been OK with this one, so far. I guess they are just different and affect you differently. Hopefully I don't have any negative effects. Next week I will go to my regular dentist to get it permanently filled. I asked the Dr. why they didn't replace the whole crown. (not that I want to spend that extra money) He said it would destroy the tooth. So that's the reason. They drill a hole through the crown to do a root canal and then permanently fill it back in.

Teacher Have a great time! :carrot:

Laura I always get upper body/back DOMS with the Combat workouts. Not sure why these workouts seem different than other punching workouts. I'm glad your hip is better.

Enjoy your evening and rest well.

Diana3271
10-30-2013, 08:09 AM

Last night I added on: Twists from Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week

Have a great day!

Diana3271
10-30-2013, 10:18 PM

Check-In:
Jessica Smith's 9 Minute Low Impact HIIT
TF Fire Starter

Enjoy your evening!

TurboLaura
10-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Hey all!

Teacher - SAFE travels!!

Diana - That sounds quite painful with what you're going through with your mouth. I'm shocked that you're able to workout after dental work. Can you eat normally?

Tonight: TF Hiit 30

Diana3271
10-31-2013, 08:24 AM

Last night I added on:

Laura I have not had much pain with this abscess. My last one, a few years back was very painful. It still didn't stop me from eating, LOL. I ate chicken and dumplings, etc. :D I am one of those people that every reason is a good reason to eat. :dunno:

Enjoy your day!

Diana3271
10-31-2013, 06:00 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Legs w/#8's
3 Miles from Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
10-31-2013, 10:36 PM
Getting us started for the new month!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/289293-november-2013-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-here.html