20-Somethings - I'm Baaaaaack!! And now with a soy & gluten allergy/PCOS

noelle8310
09-28-2013, 09:47 PM
It's nice to see some of the same people who were on here when I was last really active. (2011 to early-mid 2012, I think??) Hope to make some new weight loss buddies!!

So I used to always complain about my skin breaking out, making it difficult for me to work out. (Sweat+rash=PAINFUL) Now I know why. I figured out I am allergic to gluten and soy, more or less rendering me paleo against my will. However I have been doing a really shiesty job sticking to it, thus making myself miserable. I decided it was time to get back on 3FC for some much needed moral support.

I also found out earlier this year that I have PCOS. That has helped explain a lot, but I do not want to use it as a cop-out. Ladies (and gents??), I NEED YOU!!! I am getting married next June, and I want to feel fabulous!!! So please, I encourage support, guidance, and constructive criticism :) <3

alaskanlaughter
09-29-2013, 01:02 AM
welcome back!! you can do this! :)

Riestrella
09-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Welcome back! What's your plan of action? I'm not sure how to advise with the problems you've been diagnosed with, but I'm sure there are ways around it =)

Espronceda
09-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Hey there! I'm also off gluten and soy. Once you get used to it there's lots of options; I did a happy dance at the grocery store the other day when I found a chocolate bar I could eat.

Anyways, if you need support or recipes, let me know. We can do this!

noelle8310
09-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks ladies!! Rie, no real plan of action yet...trying to make more time for the gym because I have been realllllly lazy. My daughters finally like going to the daycare there, so I have that in my favor. I am aiming to go at least 5 times a week. Do you gals still ever do the monthly fitness challenges? I always used to poop out of them, but I want something to help keep me driven.

Espronceda, that would be amazing!!! It was hard enough when I thought it was just gluten, but when I realized I react even worse to soy, I nearly cried. The problem is, I HAAAATE cooking. I am just going to have to get used to it though. No way around it now! Unless I want to be miserable the rest of my life. :P I will definitely be asking you for recipe info :)