Support Groups - The Onederland Express-Hop on Here!! #9 All Aboard!

cheeriloos
09-25-2013, 08:57 AM
:welcome3: to the Onederland Express! Everyone welcome to join. Let's go!

cheeriloos
09-25-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm in!

10% will be 23.8 so say 24lbs, but i wanna hit 199 by Christmas so I am pushing for 36 lbs!

:tree: Christmas Challenge!! :tree:
S tart Sept 01-235.2
Week 01 09/09-234.4 down (-.8) 35.4lbs left
Week 02 09/16-229.0 down (-6.2) 30lbs left
Week 03 09/23-225.8 down (-9.4) 26.8lbs left
Week 04 09/30-
Week 05 10/07-
Week 06 10/14-
Week 07 10/21-
Week 08 10/28-
Week 09 11/04-
Week 10 11/11-
Week 11 11/18-
Week 12 11/25-
Week 13 12/02-
Week 14 12/09-
Week 15 12/16-
Week 16 12/23-
:tree: Merry Christmas:tree: My present :gift2:to myself will be a healthier body!! Yay!!

Excited!!!!

miniDoodles
09-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Hey Tori :hug: TY for starting our new thread.

I'm down 3# this week :D The only thing different I've done is I've taken 5 Probiotic tablets. I watched a PBS show about how: stress, belly-aches, constipation, heart-burn, RX & antibiotics can affect our GI tract. I was @ Kroger & saw the same person that had the same PBS seminar on a bottle of pills on sale thru October 30/$14. I bought them because I've had all those symptoms this year. Those pills have helped me in several ways including more energy :smug: So while they r on sale I'll buy several more bottles & I'll take them daily for another week; then I'll take 3 tablets weekly to keep my GI tract healthy; the 3# weight loss was a happy bonus. My dh's cancer tumor was attached to his colon & his oncologist recommends probiotics along w eating healthy & assumes that Everyone that has the symptoms discussed on the PBS seminar knows about the importance of a healthy GI tract & mortality. Here is a link to read more about the person I watched on PBS ww.brendawatson.com if anyone is interested.

Tori & Susie ;) I'm sooo proud of U for sticking to your Christmas goals :carrot:

About the 'work-out goal' I'm in; I'll just Pledge to do 250 minutes=35 minutes daily. My upper body, abs & back r very strong; but my quads r not as strong so I'll focus on that area, prob w lunges, walking & light weights so I won't re-injure my knee.

Susie, my 2 fav cats that I've taken care of r 2 girls; a beautiful big~sweet Rag-doll & a Persian w the personality of Miss Piggy from the Muppets :queen:

Today is dh & my 'fast day' (for Jesus) w eating light. Breakfast was a cup of milk w protein powder & lunch was a pear w a cup of milk. Supper will b a cup of milk & a cup of steamed broccoli sprinkled w parmesan cheese. If I'm hungry later I'll have a glass of water flavored w cucumber slices & a cup of hot tomato juice w chili powder. If I don't have a protein 3x day I have 'no energy' to function at all. On our 'fast days' I stay under 700 calories & because dh needs muscle energy, he eats 1,000 cals. Our other 'fast day' is on Mondays, some ppl call Mondays meatless & we always have a healthy veggie soup @ lunch & supper.

Anybody watching the Voice, wow such awesome talent this season! Nashville returns tonight, I'll b watching it :cool:

cheeriloos
09-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Dee~ yw :D

Thats really interesting, there are so many different links to our health and many disease through our gi tract ,i believe my vitiligo is related to that and I do have yeast overgrowth again is recommended that I take probiotics, i havent yet, maybe I'll try some .

I will commit to 3 hours per week, its doable and for me to commit thats what I need, doable. Im still losing but, today is such a frustrating day im feeling super impatient...

MyChoice2bfit
09-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Hi! I found you all! Thanks Tori for starting the new thread.

Thanks for starting the new thread. I'm not getting my workouts in but I am logging my food on "My Fitness Pal".

Dee: Glad to see you are 3 lbs.

I have never tried probitics but I know a lot about them (P&G has a line of them and I worked in that business unit for almost 2 years). I might try them.

I'm watching Nashville...let me know what you think of the opener?

MyChoice2bfit
09-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi! I am happy to report a 3.25 lb loss at TOPS weigh-in last night.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

It felt great to see that on the scale and it made me want to do it all again next week.

I feel that logging my food on My Fitness Pal was very helpful. We all know that seeing where we are with our calories is key.

Tori and Dee: Would you guys consider joining MyFitnessPal and trying it. We could be "friends" on there and you can set your profile that only your "friends" can see your profile. If you do join, let me know and I will send you my profile name.

I took a vacation day from work today to try and get somethings done around this house. I will most likely work for a couple of hours to get a report done but that is all I am planning to work on.

We are going to a Reds game tonight with some friends. I'm looking forward to it.

I have a question about the Probiotic tablets. Are you taking them with food or without? The directions don't say which to do.

Have a great ON PLAN day ladies!

cheeriloos
09-27-2013, 01:18 PM
I had two Binge days, gained 2 lbs..I'm back on track and things will be fine!

Susie! That's great!! 3.25lbs ba-boom!! :carrot:I'll look into the fitnesspal I think I have one that I never use.

miniDoodles
09-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Susie, I found no pills @ stores of equal quality as hers; so I was happy to see them on sale now @ Kroger through Oct.30 for -$4 less than the website. I bought the 'daily maintenance' to not shock my GI tract w being a beginner on probiotics. This is what is helping me: Ultimate Flora RTS Daily Probiotic 15 Billion the label reads ~ {Once-Daily Maintenance Probiotic Supports Digestive and Immune Health with 15 Billion Live Cultures/contains 10 beneficial Bifido and Lacto probiotic strains working differently to optimize digestive health/With many different strains of probiotics in our intestinal tract, more strains are better/As we age, our level of Bifidobacteria declines. Ultimate Flora Daily Probiotic contains 50% Bifido to help maintain a healthy digestive environment.} The directions say to take 1 capsule daily w a light meal. Click on your needs/concerns @ her website ww.brendawatson.com it has health info about several things besides the GI & also see 'her pic' Susie she looks like she could b your older sister/mom :) If P&G has a probiotic w the same contents as hers, Please post the name here for us so I can see if it is locally sold & it's price. TY
That is soo interesting that U were working in the dept. @ P&G, U r so fortunate to work in the probiotic unit for 2 years.
I don't like the previews for next week on Nashville, I want Rena & Deacon to stay in Luv & b together by the end of this season. The new show was ok, not as exciting as I thought it would b, I did like seeing their beginning Luv story. Teddy was a *** about the new baby & I want Scarlett & her 1st boyfriend back together because he deserves another chance; not her song-partner jerk that she sang with @ the bar/he's kinda weird. I can barely wait to see Revenge next Sunday night, I love that show & seeing Emily shot falling into the water!!! How can she survive that??? Do U have any New fav tv shows yet?

Tori, U said U had >> (2 binge days & gained 2 lbs) << We all fall down & U got back up & on track :D, It's prob mostly water & you'll dance-off those 2# ;) in a flash. I shopped & timed my walking/steps/pedometer for over 3 1/2 hrs today & my legs were achy, I'm counting that as my exercise today. I was exhausted & got deli food for supper. So shopping w my pedometer on me will count towards my daily-challenge-time, I also had on my wrist-pulse heart rate monitor on & I was burning fat :carrot: U mentioned a yeast prob here is a link to it, U prob already know this info, but I didn't know anything about it till I clicked on digestive conditions. I read she has a formula to help ppl w your condition. ww.brendawatson.com/digestive-conditions/candida

I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend, we're taking the 4 grandbabes to supper/a pizza buffet & Saturday @ 7pm see the movie: Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2, this will b the first time our 2 1/2 yr. has been @ a movie theater & we know he'll giggle loudly. We're keeping the kids overnight & mommy & dad r going to a annual adults-only hayride party.

ps: We r not supposed to post links on 3FC, so that's why I omit the first w on websites, we all know there r 3 w's on all the sites, so just add a w to my links:). Brenda W. also has a free: Daily Health Journal to log-on that has things listed I've never seen before, so here it is & I'm probably printing it out to use & also send it to my KindleFire tablet to use. She also has a healthy, good diet book w the focus on total health, go take a peek. A few of my tops friends use her Fiber diet book. ww.brendawatson.com/diet/daily-health-journal/ ww.brendawatson.com/diet/daily-health-journal/Daily-Health-Journal.pdf

:wave: :beach:

MyChoice2bfit
09-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi Dee and Tori!

We had such a fun night at the ball park last night. We went to the Cincinnati Reds game with friends and we were in the club house section where all the food is FREE! I was very careful with my food.

Tonight we are going with some friends to Octoberfest in Newport KY. It's nice to get out and about...some walking will be involved tonight and that's good!

Tori: we all have bumps in the road and I'm sure you will get that 2 lb back off..try to get it off in a week with another .25 or .50 or even 1 lb off and you will feel like you are moving forward again. Let me know if you get on My Fitness Pal.

Dee: I will check out the website. The probiotic that P&G has is called Align.
Thanks for all the websites and their info! I will be checking them out.
I thought Nashville was pretty good but not the best. I think the season will be good. I will be glued to the season opener of Revenge on Sunday night.
Have fun with your grandbabies this weekend!

My food yesterday:

Breakfast
Chobani - Peach Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, Hostess - Mini Blue Berry Muffins, 1 package
Lunch
Bob Evans - Veggie Omlet Without Toast, 1 serving
Dinner
Larosa's Pizzeria - Pizza - Cheese, Large, Traditional Crust, 2 slice (80g)
Snacks
Mcdonald's - Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait (With Everything) Granola,blueberries,strawberries,low Fat Yogurt, 1 Container (5.2oz)
TOTAL: 1,079

mandydawn77
09-28-2013, 11:14 AM
I haven't posted in any of the onederland threads yet, but that is definitely a big goal of mine. I honestly don't remember the last time I weighed under 200 pounds. I was a kid, that's how long it has been. I still have 50 pounds to go, but I really want to stay on track and live a healthier life. This year I've done so well at staying active. I started zumba classes the end of january and I LOVE it! I try to go all 4 days each week and I truly hate it when I have to miss a class or if they don't have it due to a holiday. I've never had an exercise routine that I truly enjoyed. It's hard, especially in the beginning, I sweat my butt off for an hour. It's so worth it though. It has really helped me get more active. I have more energy and I don't mind taking the stairs anymore :) I'm a stronger and happier person. Unfortunately doing zumba alone didn't cause weight loss. I did it for months and actually just gained weight. I started dieting again mid June and I lost all the weight I had gained back since I gave up during the holidays last year. Now I've reached a new low and I'm back on track. 14 more pounds and I'll reach the 100 pound lost and then my next goal is onederland!

I also use my fitness pal and I think it really helps. I'm actually doing weight watchers again, so I also have a points tracker on my phone as well, but I like the features of mfp and I like to see the calories as well as the points.

miniDoodles
10-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi Girls I hope your week is going Well :smug:
mandydawn77 :welcome2: to this thread! Please feel @ home here w whatever U want to say-share.

Susie, U always have such wonderful weekends w your friends :D Being in the club house section @ the Cincinnati Reds; I would've made myself b your 'Royal food taster' :queen: & had 2 bites tasting everything there w U :p :p :p
Then to go eat/drink German @ Oktoberfest; I'd have to wear my dancing shoes to Polka dance-off my food/drinks...
U just have to share those 2 days w me :hug: so I can re-live your special moments & what yummy foods U ate & what U bought ;)

Tori, even though U r visiting other threads, I miss U here :hug: Please come back to post... Did U ever get a sewing machine like U wanted to sew new & re-style clothing? Amazon has wonderful buys, I bought a very good Brother machine [I paid $169] w many good features last year for the kids to learn-on & my 8 & 10 yr. olds made: pillowcases/pillows, pajama tops-pants, summer shorts, skirts & used the decorative stitches on clothes. We use new fabric & I also had some clothes w cute prints that I no-longer wear & we re-cut those & recycled that fabric into some cute shorts & skirts :cool: for them. If U r unsure about a pattern's fit, sew it first on muslin or larger recycled clothing fabric before using your favorite fabric. ww.amazon.com/Brother-Feature-Rich-Built-In-Auto-Size-Buttonholes/dp/B000JQM1DE It's extremely-Inexpensive @ 69% off :o $139 for a new machine w great reviews, it won't last long @ this new lower price & Free shipping. My other 4 machines each cost from $200 - $4,000 {my HV embroidery} that I use for personal & my business, plus I have my 2 sergers & a felting machine. I don't quilt, I don't have the time.

We had a fun weekend w the kids & it was 78* so we went to the lake Sunday & swam. Saturday night the baby stayed awake for the entire movie [7pm-8:30pm], he was fascinated :cool: w the huge indoor movie screen & all kids there. Well I lost another 3 lbs. without trying, I'm 138 lbs. & I don't want to lose anymore because my clothes will b baggy :( So I ate a bag of peanut-butter M&M's on Sunday & my weight is stable today. If I loses lbs. again this week I'll eat my snack later @ 8-9pm to gain weight; we all know that we don't eat 3 hours before bedtime or otherwise that snack turns directly into :( Fat. I'm storing my summer clothes this week, our temps r going into the 60's next week. I pack 7 summer 'clothing sets' w sandals in a garment-bag just in case a unexpected warm trip pops-up :cool: for us; I hated looking through all my summer clothing when that happened one winter to us.

Breakfast= chopped apple/brown-sugar topped oatmeal.
Lunch= tortilla chips w fresh diced veggies & peach & pineapple chipotle salsa, topped w spicy Mexican cheeses, no meat.
Snack= 2 oz. walnuts & 1 T. chocolate chips.
Supper= peach & pineapple chipotle salsa on brown rice, topped w bacon (oven-baked, not fried); plus a cucumber salad.
Snack= 2 glasses chocolate milk.

PS: I'm changing my work-out pledge to 20 minutes 6 days, because I don't want to lose more weight. I just want to build my upper-body muscle strength :workout: When I gain 5 lbs. I'll add more time.
:wave:

cheeriloos
10-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm in!

10% will be 23.8 so say 24lbs, but i wanna hit 199 by Christmas so I am pushing for 36 lbs!

S tart Sept 01-235.2
Week 04 09/30-226.6 went off the rails a tad, today is my baby's 3 year birthday.. cake..
Week 05 10/07-
Week 06 10/14-
Week 07 10/21-
Week 08 10/28-
Week 09 11/04-
Week 10 11/11-
Week 11 11/18-
Week 12 11/25-
Week 13 12/02-
Week 14 12/09-
Week 15 12/16-
Week 16 12/23-
:tree: Merry Christmas:tree: My present :gift2:to myself will be a healthier body!! Yay!!

Excited!!!!

MyChoice2bfit
10-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi!

I have worked out two days in a row! :carrot:

It's amazing how much better I feel when I move.

I am staying just a little under my calorie allowance and so I feel good about that.

Dee: The weight is just falling off you. I'm glad you have a plan in place to not lose anymore but rather be healthy and build upper body strength.

Tori: Thanks fo coming and posting. Birthday cake....BIG weakness of mine. Have you been going to your dance workouts to get it back off?

Hi ManyDawn77: Thanks for sharing a bit of your journey with us. I am just starting to use My Fitness Pal and I find it VERY helpful

cheeriloos
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Hey guys, longer post tomorrow, I have been off everything, 228 today, wake-up call!! Today is Monday to me and I'm starting fresh,, I know it Wednesday to you..it's Monday for me.

miniDoodles
10-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Hello, pretty quiet here the last month :o
Susie :smug: Working-out 2 days in a row IS great :carrot: About the calorie thing; several factors w that like: health RX, allergies, sex, jobs, metabolisms, age, bone size. Like I'm average bone frame; but the same height as TV's Kelly Ripa who wears a size 0 who has a petite bone frame & looks very good @ her weight & she prob weighs under 100# & she's 43 yr. She works-out 3 days wkly. w a trainer she says & she runs the other 4 days.
Sooo we all gotta keep trying things to find our 'Happy Place' for our bodies to b Healthy & our Self-esteem. I'm Extremely Proud of everyone Everywhere who takes action to b Healthy, but not of those who r simply vain & do idiot things to their bodies causing More health probs :( The Probiotic did cause me to lose those 6 lbs. during 2 weeks, because I've noticed good changes w my body; so I'm taking 1 capsule 3 days wkly. to keep my body balanced. When these r gone I'll do a comparison w the P&G Probiotics.
Today was my shopping day again over 4 hours & then the 25 minute drive back home, my day was terrible w so many lines waiting. Then it turned-around when I was leaving town & stopped @ Subway for my fav egg-white breakfast sandwich loaded w veggies, a cookie & a ice tea @ 1:30 for lunch. A very cute guy about 40 yr. stood ahead of me & chatted & asked what I was having. He smiled & winked as he left the store as I tried to pay for my lunch, He had Paid for my lunch. I've done that also for ppl but its been awhile. I've also put a $5 bill into the finger of a pair of gloves during the winter @ a store & $10 inside the thumb of mittens on the 'mitten tree's' for kids that r in need. Anyways, that guy today uplifted me ;) chatting w him made me relax... Its a very nice world we live-in when kind strangers meet like that.

Anybody watching: MC w the children on Friday night now or The Voice or X-Factor, last night I got chills from 2 girl singers & I cried when the 13 yr. w the backward hands sang, she inspires everyone.

Tori, I'm not concerned about U getting Back on-track, because Everyday IS Monday for women :dizzy: U celebrated w your family & That is soo Much more Important than gaining a pound :cool: U will b Below your Christmas goal ;) I just KNow U will....

Have a Wonderful Weekend girls, we're supposed to get rained on :^: Badddd for the football games & tail-gating....

MyChoice2bfit
10-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi Dee and Tori,

I wanted to let you know that I am still here. A lot of late hours last week to get ready to be on vacation this week.

I need to get going and hit the shower as John's yearly check-up is at 10 and I thought it was at 11.

I will come back and post later today.

It's Monday! Let's start this week off right! :hug:

miniDoodles
10-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi Girls, It's getting very sad here without anyone posting :( that everyone won't give 5 minutes from their 24 hour day; every other day, 3-4 x weekly to say 'hello & chat'.... We've had some "Wonderful Friendships" made here that will b so sad to lose... Our chats r 'Uplifting & Supportive & Fun' :sunny: but it take more than 2 ppl being here weekly sharing their: Ideas, Feelings & Life to make a thread truly supportive.
Soo If U have any friends that have an interest in having a 'healthy weight/size' & w a fluctuating weight or desire to lose weight; ask them to drop bye & join us ;)
If we each don't post 2-3 x weekly & no others come join us, this thread will die :spid:

I gained another pound :m: & I'm happily back @ 141# again, so my clothes fit better now & I won't have to do any tailoring ;) My kennel is closed now & also my catering as dh insisted. My focus will b on Apparel & Interior Decor' now. Whomever buys our home next year will love our spacious 2,800 sq.ft. home & my huge kitchen & buildings w dh's man-cave. I definitely won't miss the summer/winter property tax bills/utility bills... If our marriage is strong it really doesn't matter where we live. But we both decided we'll have a pool, probably above-the ground w a deck & another hot-tub spa & hopefully a 2-4 ppl sauna because a sauna is so healthy during a cold winter. I hope to build a studio separately for my 2 design businesses. With my design experience & dh's masonry skills I designed a cozy-inviting stone/brick patio w entertainment area & also a 'Florida room' for our next home.

Susie, I hope U & John got great news @ his check-up :hug: How is your FIL doing now? I hope that your dh is walking over to see him while U r @ work, making sweet memories of their 'father-son time together' :smug:

Tori, I hope that everyone is okay in your family :) That the reason U haven't popped in isn't from any emergencies; that U r just super busy w life :D .

Susie & Tori, please say If U want to let this thread end..... I'll Always b Your friend & Always b here for U; add me to Your Buddy List & U have my phone# to text me. I'll send U my latest e-mail to contact me if U want it.... I'm going to look @ some more threads over the weekend; lets tell each other here on Monday if we find any that r Fun or Helpful :carrot: to visit or hop-on.

Tori & Susie, Your Christmas :tree: Goal will Happen for U... YOU r in charge of your "EATING & Putting" either GOOD/tasty-Healthy-Food, into Your body :mrsclaus: Being Slim & Strong w Energy or eating Crappy JunK having a Unhealthy & Lumpy body.

:dust: I Wish U good Health & Happiness ALL week! :cheer2: Sooo r U going to WIN :yay: your Daily Meal Challenges :p & b HERE for U & YOUR Family :grouphug:

MyChoice2bfit
10-09-2013, 06:24 PM
I thought that I posted over the weekend but I don't see it.

We have been on vacation this week and yesterday we celebrated 25 years of marriage. We went out for breakfast and then did a bit of shopping. I bought two pairs of shoes for work and I bought 2 new workout pants and shirts. John bought a new shirt.

As our anniversary gifts we bought Kindle Fires for both of each of us. We are now learning how to use them.

Tomorrow we are cleaning out the garage. That will be my workout.
I am not tracking my food this week until Saturday. Why you ask? Saturday I am no longer on vacation.:D

I do have a TOPS rally that I am attending on Saturday and I am looking for the motivation.

I hope to hear from you all soon. I will check back in tomorrow or Friday.

MyChoice2bfit
10-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Ok. I found my post from the weekend and I just read your post Dee.

I would be sad to not be able to come here post with you and Tori. I do missus Carrie and it would be nice to have more people join us. I hope to be here more often now that I have my Kindle and can post from it.

Dee: I am glad you were able to get back to the weight you wanted to be at.

It sounds like you are settled with the decisions you and DH made and that is good.

You asked about my DH and his dad. We saw his dad today and he is doing well. He said he was feeling stronger and he looked it.

We haven't heard from John's blood work but they told us they would cal if there was a issue otherwise the would just mail them to us.

However he is back Afib. We were so disappointed because it has been over a year since his heart was out of rhythm. We see the cardiologist on Oct 30 to see what they want to do. Most likely they will do the cardioconverison again.

I will talk to you all tomorrow or Friday.

MyChoice2bfit
10-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi Dee and Tori!

Beautiful day here in Ohio. I'm about to pay some bills and then I think I'm going to go out and clean up the cars inside. I was going to finish getting my closets cleaned but I can do that on Sunday when we are expecting rain.

Tonight were are going to a high school football game in Columbus, OH. My cousin's son is a senior and we want to see him play. I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice enough to wear a light sweater and just feel like fall.

TOPS weigh-in was ugly last night. Another gain. I am back to no soda and really getting in my workouts and logging my food. After this week I will update my ticker if I'm not back to the weight on it but I'm giving myself another week to get there.

I don't think I will be checking in tomorrow. I have a TOPS rally and then when I get home we are going to spend some time visiting a friend who had foot surgery today.

I'll see you all Sunday (I hope you will have posted by then!)

Oh...I wanted to tell you that our garage looks awesome all cleaned and organized. :D

thnknthin1
10-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Sorry been MIA for so long. I've missed you all! Have not been doing good diet wise past few weeks. We actually went to Mexico a couple weeks ago and had a blast! It was sort of our goal trip for losing weight. Now I need to lose the weight I gained from our goal trip :) Why is it so hard to get back into the swing of things?? I'll do good for a day or two and eat something that I shouldn't. I just need to get back into the mindset of weight loss.

I'm sure I've missed a lot not being on here, I'll have to catch up with you all!

Alyssa (Lyss)

miniDoodles
10-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Hey Susie & Tori :) I'm taking a break & needed to say 'hi' & catch-up on your the news. I did a long post yesterday, but the site crashed & I didn't want to deal w that happening twice in 1 day so I decided to wait till today....

Hi Lyss :hug: so wonderful to have U back. Hey U were extremely successful getting-off the pounds before :cb: so it won't b long & a Healthy routine will Click-in for U :cheer2:

I did my shopping today; a Big mistake w all the University student crowds back & football season & the holiday season starting :o So this was my Last Friday shopping day till next summer & the students go back home. I'll shop Mondays w the weekend Kohl's Sunday-Monday sale specials. And 'no', closing both my kennel & catering bus. was Not okay w me, it was 'his demands' & I had no choice because he said, 'close them' & agree to sell our home or a divorce :( After 18 yrs together he's become demanding these last 2 yrs, "it's his way/I must compromise/give-in" on important stuff or he says we'll "divorce" & that hurts me. A marriage counselor told me, "let him leave when he says the "divorce threat", but instead I agree to his demands because I feel he's simply testing my Love to see If He's the most Important & it's His self-esteem needing my co-operation.... I wish we lived nearby & we could have a 'girls night' & go drink, dance & karaoke w or w/o our men some night, when the week really sucks.... My girlfriends won't go out anymore, tight-as* :( ;) I've been cleaning & organizing the house all week & it will prob take me another month it's big 2,800 sq.ft., before it will b ready for a realtor, 4 rooms need fresh paint also. I've had to decline several clients w clothing orders; prepping our home by myself to sell is very draining. But dh is staining the porches & decks while the weather is still warm outdoors.

:val3: Susie & John HAPPY 25th ANNIVERSARY :celebrate: I Hope you will Have 25 more Blessed years Together :val2:
I know you'll have a great day @ SRD :sunny: they r so inspiring!!! Sorry about your tops WI, do U drink diet soda or regular? I don't have a prob w diet soda, but I only drink 1 large while I'm shopping.

I hope U & dh r enjoying your Kindles, I have 2 Fires, the small for my purse & the large for home & dh has a small. My son's family has 3 of the small size; his/the kids/& his wife's. Hey, please go to Tori's FB & check on her & tell her we 'miss her here' TY.

Congrats on Cleaning your Garage :D it's a great feeling of Accomplishment seeing things TIDY ;) especially w winter on our heels soon.
We have our Rubbermaid tubs that we store summer/winter auto supplies inside for our auto's & personal needs, including water/cans of peaches-pears [in case we're stranded we won't starve especially if the kids r w us] in the summer-kit the kids chose water, roasted peanuts & fruit roll-ups :p

Susie, I totally Agree w U that "Logging Food" :write: is the Best way to 'Put the Brakes on BAD Choices' :dizzy: And Invigorating :carrot: to SEE what we're doing Right when the Pounds r dropping-off us :cool:

Good Night, I'll b back Sunday :hug: Have a fun weekend OP :^:

MyChoice2bfit
10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi! I am mourning the last day of my vacation. I don't think I am ready to get back into the rat race. I will say that I have made a decision that unless something big is going on I am not going to give so much of my free time to work. I need to make time for myself daily.

I logged all my food today and I am within my calorie range and I didn't have any soda.

Biggest Loser starts Tuesday. Is anyone planning to watch it.

Dee :hug: I am sorry to hear of the demands from DH. It is very unfair for him to issue ultimatums using the threat of divorce. It would be nice if we could all hang out from time to time and take time to unwind.

Thanks you for the anniversary wishes. I am loving my Kindle. It is so handy. It takes bit to type as I need to get used to the key board and not using all my fingers to type.

Alyssa: Welcome back! We are here to help you get back on track and I will be checking on.you on my fitness pal too.
Don't worry about catching up here just jump in.

I am watching Revenge and posting on the commercials. I am going to say goodnight and I will see you all tomorrow.

miniDoodles
10-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey Girls :) This was on my home page today, I thought U might b interested: http://exercise.about.com/b/2013/10/14/vote-in-this-weeks-poll-how-do-you-monitor-your-calories-incalories-out.htm

Susie, there r small keyboards for your K.Fire; I saw them @ Staples Office center & also @ Amazon, for about $40. I'm going to buy 1 for my Fire as a time-saver for me instead of using a stylus. I have several stylus's, (5 pk @ Amazon) I use 1 to text on my phone so I don't bump keys & tire-out.
When we move to our next home I plan to treat myself & upgrade to a better cell phone & we can text during 'Revenge' :o I was so Happy to see Aden still loves Emily & is on her side, I was afraid he had 'turned against her' in the prior episode. The scene showing her getting shot & falling into the ocean still freaks me out; I want another season of this drama :cool:
We don't dvr any shows, so I'll b flipping shows back & forth to watch the Biggest Loser episodes & watch the recap of that episode, unless U keep me updated ;) the following day on who leaves, etc. What was your fav seminar @ SRD Saturday?

Tomorrow on the Doctor's TV show, Marie Osmond talks about her diet Jenny Craig or Nutri-System?? Anyways I'll watch or read that recap, she's our age group & was a emotional eater. Sharon Osborn was on today about dieting; I wonder if that's the Doctor's theme this week weight loss to help prevent breast-cancer ? I read the recaps or watch Dr.Oz & The Doctor's weekly.
When I went uptown today I treated myself to a new hoodie, I was wearing just a sweater @ 10am & I got cold, the bright sun tricked me.

Is anyone watching DWTS & have any favorites yet? Oh, on FOX there's a show "Dad's"w 2 dad's living w their sons & also a show w a mom & dad that just separated living w their 2 grown kids Will Arnet & sister-from Glee, I can't think of its name but it's really funny w 'true-life' family situations. Well its time to go start dinner, I'm making a 'corn chowder' w milk instead of cream, broccoli, onion, etc. topped w cheese/more protein. It takes about 10 minutes to prep, this meal is so natural/healthy I can eat as Much as I want of it: low cal/low carb & loaded w fiber :p
Breakfast: 1 cup strawberries divided into a protein drink.
Lunch: 1/2 cup nuts w a salad.
I'm doing better w eating 'protein in each meal' so I won't crave unhealthy foods again :carrot: & drinking 2 c. of hot/cold tea to fill-up myself or a small salad; that works so much better than a pudding-cup or a snack. Today was 1 of my 3 low-cal/fasting days under 800 cals eating more 'clean'/natural foods.

Have a nice week :D

cheeriloos
10-15-2013, 07:43 AM
I'm in!

S tart Sept 01-235.2
Week 04 09/30-226.6 went off the rails a tad, today is my baby's 3 year birthday.. cake..
Week 05 10/07-
Week 06 10/14-231.2 eek, I fell off about a more th ago and never got back I. The swing so I better hurry!
Week 07 10/21-
Week 08 10/28-
Week 09 11/04-
Week 10 11/11-
Week 11 11/18-
Week 12 11/25-
Week 13 12/02-
Week 14 12/09-
Week 15 12/16-
Week 16 12/23-

Excited!!!!

cheeriloos
10-15-2013, 07:49 AM
So I'm 229.8 today. Yay. I thought I posted yesterday but it didn't go through. Wahh. I still wanna lose 10 lbs by Halloween..I wonder if I can , this should be mostly water. My social life has been flourishing, while my health has not...plus we have been low on funds so I've missed a few bellydance classes.....skipped the gym for 3 weeks too. I'm back! Going to feed the family run to the gym, and when we come back we're doing a math review to see our progress and a science lesson about animals..dogs/wolves. :) miss u all

cheeriloos
10-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Dee, I'm sorry that your husband is acting this way, maybe it's stress and he will realize soon. :hug::hug:

MyChoice2bfit
10-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi Ladies,

We are having lunch together today! ;) I am working from home and decided to take a 30 min break and check in and eat.

The reason I'm working from home is we had a plumbing issue and I needed to call the plumber. I'm thrilled he was able to come this morning and the repair was just a little over $100. You just never know with these things!

I'm having a wonderful salad. I have cranberries and blue berries in it and some feta cheese, also some sunflower seeds, it's a mix of lettuces and spinich leaves and I'm having a poppy seed dressing with it and big glass of water.

I'm excited about the Biggest Loser tonight. Dee, I will keep you updated.
I'm also excited because my DH told me he wanted to go with me to the Y tonight and get a walk or bike in. I'm so excited! When he used to work out with me, I really strayed on track and I was only 25 lbs from my goal. The past two years he hasn't worked out much and I let those lbs pack back on.

Dee: At the TOPS rally, it was mostly and open session. One of the favorite things I like to see is the before and after parade. It is inspiring to see this! A couple of the gals talked their "story" with us and one stood out to me. She had 75 lbs to lose to goal. She would yo-yo back and forth so she set herself a goal of 1/4 lb loss a week and as long as she averaged 1 lb loss a month she was happy with herself. She came up with that because when she didn't see a big loss on the scales she would go off plan. Most weeks she lost more than that and sometimes she had a gain..but she kept that 1/4 weekly goal in mind and it took her just at 2 years to get her weight off and she looks good!

Tori: It's ok to take a break and enjoy the social life. We are glad you are back here with us and back to the gym. I hope had a great time at the gym exercising your body and then exercising your mind this afternoon with the math and science!

Alyssa: How are you doing? I'll be checking you on My Fitness Pal later on when I log my food in.

Ok.. back to work for me. See you all later!

cheeriloos
10-16-2013, 10:20 AM
227.2 this morning. On the road again!

miniDoodles
10-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Tori :trampo: -2.5 pounds off in 1 Day :goodscale all your water-weight will soon b gone :coffee2: The gym really worked well for U yesterday :cheer2: We Know U will b @ your Christmas goal this year :wreath:

I watched the entire hour of Biggest Loser last night & I'm down 1.6 pound from yesterday :o During the first 15 minutes I felt my heart started to race I was soo into the contestants; so I put on my wrist heart-rate monitor & the show had made my body go into fat-burning mode that hour while I laid in bed completely involved w them. I was happy that Jillian saved her guy & amazed @ the weight Dolovet's team lost :carrot: Next week I'll b flipping between The Voice & Biggest Loser watching both shows & Wednesday reading recaps online of what I missed.

Susie, I'm happy your plumbing was minor, that can b a scary problem. That's soo great about dh going to work-out w U :D Ron & I love doing sports together also. I Hope that SRD Inspired U, sounds like it has Renewed U :sunny:
Saturday is Sweetest Day & dh keeps asking me What I want, 'I miss my kennel & want it back', but he wants more freedom for us, so having it back won't b happening. I don't want jewelry or stuff, so Ron planned a secret romantic date night for us. It's supposed to rain here all weekend, so nothing to do outdoors :^: Today it's 52* cold, cloudy & damp outside. Sundae my :hug: 3 yr. old favorite girl is due w her mini-GoldenDoodle litter this week (that's always exciting) so I won't leave her over 4 hours; I love our 4 doggies/as 4 children/our family). I have a jewelry party tomorrow night & football game Friday night so I won't b back till Sunday.

Have a Very Happy Sweetest Day on Saturday Everyone :val3:

cleancowgirl
10-16-2013, 03:00 PM
I thought I join your thread. I wasn't quite ready before to even think about onderland but I am getting close and believe me I am ready to hop this train. My dh is out of town til the 29th on a hunting trip so I am pushing it over the next couple weeks to make some progress. I would love onderland by Christmas but really am shooting for new years day. What could be better than onderland for a gift.
Weight today at 222.9

cheeriloos
10-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Cleancowgirl, welcome!:welcome::welcome:

Lets do this!

Dee, i missed it, i was waiting so long! The day of i had to take the girls to karate and forgot to DVR it, hopefully it will be on demand, we had at&t come out yesterday to move our TV to the garage from our bedroom, yay, we're going to build a fake fireplace in place of the TV and hubby has vowed to workout in the garage..p 90x im going to try to keep him on track, he.. like his wife has given up many time. He's pretty well in shape though but working out cant hurt.

225.8 today! Yahoo!

cheeriloos
10-18-2013, 04:50 PM
223.8 New low!

GettinFit
10-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Hello ladies,

I'm wondering if it's okay to join the onederland express. I haven't been in the 190s in over 3 years but I am determined to get back there. I am currently at 226 and am following the Weight Watchers plan. I'm trying to be patient and take it one pound at a time.

cheeriloos
10-21-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm in!

S tart Sept 01-235.2
Week 05 10/07-
Week 06 10/14-231.2 eek, I fell off about a more th ago and never got back I. The swing so I better hurry!
Week 07 10/21-226.6
Week 08 10/28-
Week 09 11/04-
Week 10 11/11-
Week 11 11/18-
Week 12 11/25-
Week 13 12/02-
Week 14 12/09-
Week 15 12/16-
Week 16 12/23-

Excited!!!

miniDoodles
10-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Girls :smug:
:welcome3: cleancowgirl & GettinFit to this thread, jump-in & just b @ home. We're a caring group here :cheer3: My dh also is a hunter so I know Yours b in great spirits when he comes home. Yep, WW is a great plan to use so I know U r still enjoying good food on your health journey :p

Tori, your doing Fantastic :cp: Your going to hit your Christmas goal for sure :hohoho: I hope U got to see the first episode of Biggest Loser or watch/read the recap online :smug:

I hope that Everyone had a amazing Sweetest Day weekend :val2: Mine didn't happen this year because I began feeling sick last Thursday & was in the hospital ER yesterday. I have pancreatitis, which we r praying that is "acute" instead of the deadly pancreatitis. So if U have room for me, Please add me to your Prayers :hug: Thank You... My dh is in cancer remission & we Pray that the Lord will b Merciful to me also. I joked @ the hospital that "the M&M Halloween candy monster" gave this to me. I'm the person that takes care of all my family & they rely on my help & Luv. I have no time to have a disease or behave sick. Soo I Thank each of U for all Prayers for my Healing :hug::hug: If U or your family-friends r ill or injured, lets add them to our Prayers & Prayer chains :angel:

Girls, we never know "when" our health will "change badly, or deadly" so lets All ENJOY getting Healthier Together :grouphug: Anyone going to or having a Halloween Party? :ghost::witch: What's your costume :spid:

Have a Wonderful week OP girls :haphal:

MyChoice2bfit
10-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

It is so nice to see some new people here! :welcome: CleanCowgirl and GettinFit.

We had a busy weekend with the usual weekend chores but had some fun with my nephews at a Children's Museum in Dayton, OH.

I didn't get on my work computer at all over the weekend...aren't you proud of me? But I will be working at home for a few hours tonight.

Dee: You are so right that we never know when our health can change so we must do what we can to take care of ourselves and enjoy our health daily.

I believe you will be ok but you know you are in my prayers. Love you! :hug:

Tori: Look at those scales going down!

I am happy to report a 1lb weight-loss at TOPS on Thursday night.

Ok..got to get some work done! So I can relax a bit when Dancing with the Stars comes on.

cleancowgirl
10-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome!
Dee- I will add you and your family to my prayers tonight. Are they having you follow up with a gastro doctor? Were they able to determine what the cause of the flare up was. Hugs to you.

Weight today 220.0 Now to move into the teens.

cheeriloos
10-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Cleancow_2 almost in the teens!! Yay!! :carrot::carrot:

Dee_ im so sorry you got sick, yes you're right, lets enjoy getting healthy together. I found biggest loser on demand it was good, it was cool to see Reuben again.i DVR'd last nights episode. Gonna watch it today. I went out for a short bit last night to watch a friend of some friends play guitar and Singh at a wine bar, no wine for me but it was nice to get out with the girls. I have met so many new friends since I started Bellydance,i love it. I was pretty lonely before for about 5 years. I had a very clingy possessive( not so) best friend who barely spoke to me for months, then I'd confront her and she'd try to keep me from meeting her other friends, in case they would tell me anything she said about me and vice versa. ( Her words) , Then if we did hang out she would not want to meet my other friends, it had to be just us..so i stopped dealing with her on my birthday when she ditched my party " sick" then posted pics of her at the beach the next day, i felt hurt and I know this sounds all very immature but I guess I was\ am. So I finally messaged her that we should leave everything in the past, no longer ignore one another,but i did not ask to hang out or be friends she is not good for my life. Im so glad to be meeting great women who like to spend time with me and my family. Its a little hard when you're invited out so much to avoid the food or wine but, im learning.

Susie_1 more pound, another one bites the dust! That's great! Oh I love those dancing shows too, i envy those beautiful dancer legs and get insecure so I watch other things,lol

9 weeks til Christmas,16 weeks til Valentine's, we better get rockin!! Love you girls, lets get to work :-)

thnknthin1
10-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Good morning!

Welcome cleancowgirl and GettinFit!

Dee: Hope you feel better, take care of yourself, praying for you.

Hi Tori and Susie :wave:

I'm doing pretty well. Been staying on plan more often than not, so I consider that a plus :) I will be seeing family in about 3 weeks that I haven't seen since my heaviest weight and was hoping to be closer to goal instead of re-losing weight I've already lost :( But I'm taking it a day at a time and getting better each day staying OP. Hopefully this extra weight comes back off easily ;)

Take care everyone!

MyChoice2bfit
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

How is the week going for you?

Alyssa: So good to see you! Glad to hear you are staying on plan for the most part. You know how to do this. You look so good in your pictures. Your family who hasn't seen you since you for a while sure are going to be surprised! You have 3 weeks...you will get close to goal in that 3 weeks..you might not be at it, but you will be closer.

Tori: Your time out with your friends sounds like such a nice time!

Cleancowgirl---can't wait to see you post that teens number

Dee: How are you? I pray that you are feeling better each day.

I'm doing ok this week..not great but ok...just working to much and therefore not getting workouts in. I used to NEVER miss them and now I do so easily. I really want and need to change that!

cheeriloos
10-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Susie, the week is going good, I hope to be 219 by Halloween, that's a week away I got this! I just want to tell you girls how beautiful you are. What amazing people you are and I'm glad to know u! Dee, I'm praying for you and I know you are gonna be ok. You are a fighter, :hug:

miniDoodles
10-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi Girls :hug::hug: Thank You for your Prayers & kind thoughts for my pancreas. I'm still weak & have inflammation & pain, but a little better each day. I have to eat bland foods for 2 weeks letting my pancreas heal & I lost -3# since Sunday "I need my salt & pepper, spices. back". Today I saw my doc & I got good news; she read my ER report: CT xray & lab. I have 'acute pancreatitis' that can b severe but because my body Is in 'Good' Health I will recover fine, as long as I follow 1 important instruction: continue to Live & eat Low-fat & eat Healthy fats when cooking & yes avocado's r also on the sheet she gave me :p but she's repeating my labs in a month to b sure my # gets back into the safe zone. I am responsible for my pancreas attack because I was making over 40 customer orders for football tail-gate: desserts, appetizers, etc. until I ended my catering bus. 1 1/2 weeks ago & also baking many hi-fat holiday desserts in Sept.-October w +200 for clients to freeze & defrost over Thanksgiving-Christmas. Soo my body was on 'double' over-load from 'taste-testing all their fatty food' orders. I was so busy I didn't gain 1#. I had a employee that did half the 'taste tests' working w me, till dh told me to close my catering & so I let my college guy leave to get another job in September. My body just couldn't cope w so much food taste-testing, that's why I started the Probiotics almost 2 weeks ago to get my body feeling better; but I was too late starting it & my internal medicine doc wants me to continue taking it especially w winter coming & viruses. I

Tori, I'm so happy for U that U have a amazing group of friends from Bellydance that genuinely care about U & your family. It's obvious that your ex-friend is messed-up & sounds jealous of U out-shining her, that she'd lose her group of friends attention; it's her Loss now, without U. I love your spirit & your family. You've come a long way on your challenge & you've Got this made :dancer: reaching your goal before Christmas.

Lyssa, Happy to see U back, we missed U. B ready for ALL the compliments from your relatives when they see how gorgeous & young U r looking again ;) Your weight will b back down to normal, U Know how to do this.... Hey, Before Thanksgiving week get rid of ALL your Fat clothes sizes :D so U gotta Stay slim & OP or you'll b naked during the holidays :o

Susie, to keep motivated maybe U just gotta make time @ home 5-10 minutes 'here & there' to b active like a mini-workout. I like to use my mini-trampoline in the cold months, listen to music & play-walk on it :smug: I have it in my kitchen in the corner & when I'm cooking/watching the TV news I hop on it. Also lifting hand-weights during TV commercials, or while walking from 1 room to another room works or grab filled spaghetti sauce cans & do curls while sitting on the sofa. I'm Proud of your 1# Loss last week & I know U will do -2# next week :carrot: Remember 'Wonder Woman' never quits :cool:

Hi cleancowgirl & GettinFit I hope that U both r doing great this week :trampo: & have time to drop-in again soon.

Have a Wonderful weekend girls :wave: :witch: :spid: :haphal:

cleancowgirl
10-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Glad your pancreatitis was acute versus chronic. It can make you extremely ill. Keep us updated and feel better.
My weight day is really Saturday but currently this week at 220.7

cheeriloos
10-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Dee! I know it's rough, but I'm glad to hear this is acute! :hug:

Susie lyssa, cleancowgirl:grouphug:

Took my family out with friends tonight to an Italian restaurant, to see off a good buddy heading to brasil for a month, if was good I had half a garlic roll, chicken on salad and water, then 2 m&ms hoping to be under 223 because I got there a few days ago and went up...

MyChoice2bfit
10-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi Everyone! It was one crazy work week for me and I'm still behind. I'm also behind at home. I have this house to clean, groceries to buy (Johnhas said he will do that for me--I see cookies and sweets in that cart! YIKES!!)

I am so tempted to work this weekend but I have told myself I'm tending to my own personal life this weekend and if I get it done I might peak at my work computer.

This coming week John has a doctor appointment with his cardiologist. It would be so nice if his heart has gone back into rhythm. It can happen on its own but its rare. So we will see what they will do next. It's always something!

I stayed the same at my TOPS weigh-in on Thursday. I will take it, as I wasn't good at logging my food and I only got one walk in for the week. This week (starting today), I'm on top of it. We don't have a meeting this coming Thursday due to Trick or Treat night in our town, so I want to be very aware of my eating and exercising so that the next week I can have a good loss. I have not really been giving this "losing weight" thing my best attention and I am starting to not feel good nor am I happy when I look in the mirror and it's hard to find cute clothes and the ones I have are tighter. Time to buckle down!

Dee: I'm so glad to hear that you are getting better. Continue to take care of yourself; you are a special person to me and I need you here! Thank you for the suggestions on how to sneak the exercise in. I'm such a "all or nothing person" and so this is helpful to me to think about it in that way and gives me a direction.

Tori: You were very good at that restaurant. Are you under 223?

Cowgirl: It's Saturday..your official weigh-in day. I hope those scales are good to you.

Alyssa: How are you doing staying on track? 2 weeks until you see your family right?

Have a great day everyone. I need to get moving!

cleancowgirl
10-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Morning everyone!
I wish the scale was better but back down to 220.0 so I will live with it. I work night shift this weekend and have been on track with food but need to watch sodium. I have been overboard a couple days this week. My dh gets home on Tuesday night from his elk hunting trip in Colorado. It's been some long weeks around here.

Susie- I think you did really well for not tracking. I know you can crush it if you stay on track !

Dee- Hope you are feeling better!

Hope everyone is staying away from the wicked Halloween candy. We can do this!

miniDoodles
10-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Brr :brr: cold, damp & rainy in Michigan today. We had a huge rainstorm @ 3:45am that hit a electric transformer & I was under the blankets w socks & flannel pj's till 9am; the electric was back-on @ 10:30am. How do I know the exact time it went out :?: dh left for work @ 3:30am & I was watching PBS TV till 4am I thought. Anyways he was Missed keeping me warm in bed w our indoor temp @ 40*. It felt like I was waking-up on a very cold camping morning in our tent-camper. Who's going on a warm vaca this winter, west or south :beach: We haven't been to Fl. to visit Mickey since 1995 & I'm determined to go in spring 2014 or 2015 & take the 3 grandbabes w us, so I'm saving my $ :cool: Kylie wants to b a princess.

Tori, :dust: was ALL over U @ that Italian restaurant :cheer: U had fabulous control & I'm Very proud of U.... R U repeating any of the same things that have helped U lose pounds successfully? Hormones could b holding U back, or your bellydancing, just might b giving U new Muscles & U lost pounds but your body transferred your loss into muscle weight ;) One day @ a time & keep measuring your 1 serving size portions, so U can still eat that delicious :p Latin food & cook w your girls & dh.

cowgirl :) what else can we call U? I'm happy that your dh will b home soon w U from hunting. U did wonderful being without him, I hope that U had a buddy [family, friend or pet] w U while he was away, so many temptations w/o our hubby's @ home w us. But my dh would b on-top-of-the-moon to b on a big hunt like yours did. What state do U live in? Here we have hunting & fishing year-round & my dh loves it. Lowering sodium does take new habits, like using 1/2 measures in recipes, substituting using lemon/lime juice, etc. & making your own seasonings like the hospital dieticians recommend. U said U r a nurse, how about sharing some healthy food tips w us Please :smug: TY soo much! Yay your almost in your teens :dizzy: do U remember how U felt as a "teen-ager" :idea:

Lyss, where r U :o U r looking beautiful so Please don't get stressed :yoga: your family will love your new package! B prepared w tips & recipes for them :D to ask U for.

GettinFit & Carri :wave: we miss U, come home!

Susan, my typeA sis U made me happy & proud of U when I read that U put the brakes on your career dictating your home-life. U know what is going on & brings the sparkle in your eyes when U look in the mirror @ your body 'when Susie has Susie time, your body glows w happiness & peace' :cloud9: What would John do without U & how would he feel if U had a stroke that Is preventable... R U 'his role model' because U r on a fitness road? He may b shadowing U... So your personal life Is Important about how long U live & your quality of Life. Your dh, brother's family, everyone absolutely adores U :hug::hug: I just feel that during the last 6 months your career has become your priority. I want my 5K friend back ASAP that sings karaoke. In our daily prayers we 'give Thanks' so it's time to Schedule yourself into your day planner & walk & sing :cheer2: If we were in the same room right now we'd prob b having a pillow fight for me 'telling U those things, like a bossy-caring sister would say' :lol: I see a -2 & a -3 pound loss happening for U in November :workout: So don't let me b a liar :running:

Dh just tried handing me a hot fudge sundae w a brownie in the bottom & I gave it back. It's Not on my food list, but I am going to go eat some veggie sticks w guacamole' right now.

I'll you'all next week a few pounds Lighter :ghost::witch: Halloween candy is ONLY for the Trick or Treaters & the Monsters :haphal:

Lizzyg
10-27-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm going to jump on here too! I hope to get under 200 by the end of the year :)

Today: 217.4!! :)

miniDoodles
10-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Looks pretty Ghostly here this week :ghost::bat: Where isssss Everyone :spid:

Lizzyg :welcome2: Your doing great!!! I'm sure U will hit your goal by New Year's Eve :cheer: U can DO this!

:wave: Tori, Lyss, cowgirl, Susie, GettinFit & Carri

The Biggest Loser & the Voice were great again last night. Shocking to see the contestants @ WI & happy to see Dolvett use his save on his team. Over the last 2 weeks I lost -6# & my size mediums r too lose. On Monday I'm off the bland foods :p & I need/want to add back some pounds to look good in my clothes again.

Tuesday=
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice bread & 1 glass sk. milk.
Lunch: 1 glass sk. milk & tuna sandwich w. lettuce, pickle relish & low-fat Miracle Whip.
Supper: 1 glass sk. milk & scalloped potatoes [1/2 russet potatoes & 1/2 sweet potatoes] I sprinkled cheese on top for my protein.
Snack: 1 cup of hot cider.

:haphal: :witch: :crazy:

MyChoice2bfit
11-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Howdy everyone! :wave: You all have been on my heart this week. I just couldn't seem to get here. I bet you can all guess why...WORK!

DH went to the cardiologist on Wednesday and he is back in Afib, so he has to have another Cardioconversion. He will have it next Friday on November 8!

It is very frustrating to live with afib, as it is a heart issue but it isn't one that has to do with being overweight, or the way you eat or anything like that. It just happens...it is electrical and so it doesn't have to do with blockages or things like that. It's hard to fix but it can be managed, so that is where we are.

DH's blood work is exception according to his doctors and the labs and his heart tests say it is in good shape. They would like to see him loose 15-20 lbs but they don't say to much to him about it. They did tell him that being more active can help sometimes with afib as does sleeping well and getting enough sleep. They said it is just something that happens and you never know how it will happen too.

I wasn't expecting it that soon as last time he had to wait almost 3 weeks. Of course that week I am OOO two days, one for training and one for a meeting that I'm running, and then being out on that Friday, so I was scrambling with working extra hours to make sure that other things next week are in place. Also I was handed a new project to spear-head. I was told I got it because I'm seen as a top Admin and role model and they want my branding on it. :dizzy: So, I have to turn in a brief on how I plan to handle this project, along with timelines and resources I need so we can get those in place and it is due next Tuesday.

I can see Dee giving me this look :nono: lol. Dee: I told them I was honored but I would need to shift some of my daily work to the other Admin's in my group so that I wasn't killing myself. I have proposed what they will take on from now until Feb when this is delivered. My Director said he would get me some help.

:welcome: Lizzy. We are looking foward to getting to know you and cheer you on towards your goal.

cowgirl: i don't know how anyone does night shifts. I'm a morning person for sure but I know others who are those night owls. How long have you been watching your sodium? I'm sure you are looking forward to DH coming home. It's always nice to have some alone time but I miss my DH too when we are apart.

Dee: I love you! :hug: I am a very career driven person. I always have been that way. I knew at a early age I wanted a career and I wanted to be an Admin at a big company and supporting upper management. So, I'm living my dream, but you are right, it has taken control of me these past 6 months and I need some me time and some family time. I'll find the balance. I have to...so I can be around for all the people I love.

Did you tell DH that he missed an opportunity to keep you warm in bed? ;)

I haven't watched BL yet, but will catch up on it this weekend.

We don't have any vacation plans to go anywhere warm this winter..it would be nice to do so!

My goal this month is to have a 6-8 lb loss and to get 30 min of exercise in 4-5 times a week and to post here at least 3 times a week.

See you all soon!

cheeriloos
11-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Susie: im glad to hear everything is going so well at work! :-) that's great, im sorry to hear about your husband's heart my father is also in A fib, he's been living in it for two years, i convinced him to join my gym , we are going to sign him up today.

Dee,, maybe when you come down for Disney , was can all plan to meet, and spend a little time together!

Everyone: hugs!!

Hey girls, im sorry I havent been around much this past week, my hubby and I celebrated our 5 years together,last weekend, we had a blast, dinner, dancing, haunted house, the next day we drove go karts, batting cages, laser tag, out to lunch, movies. I was up 5lbs Monday and very sluggish my first day back at the gym,i stuck the week out and even went to 3 classes on Wednesday..I am doing Zumba 5 days a week, i joined a new dance class also, its Latin dance 3 days a week all types the instructor is a professional dancer, very sweet, she is in competitions most Saturday night's. I love it and im finally at a new low! 221.4 i havent Seen that weight since March! Before I sprained my ankle and was on crutches! So im dancing now minimum of 8 hours a week, up to ten, im having so much fun, i am the biggest girl in belly dance class, Zumba, and Latin class, but that won't last forever. I am feeling very hopeful.

miniDoodles
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Hey Girls :smug:

I just got home from a 1/2 hr. massage for shoulder pain. She's also a surgical RN & certified in naturopathy. I told her my probs & she said I could eliminate almost all probs if I ate following the Blood Type diet plan. I'm thinking about it, I've heard other ppl that improved their life eating that way. Do U or anyone U know follow the Blood Type eating plan? What do U think about it?

Tori, that will b wonderful to meet & visit :hug: I'll text U when we plan to come to Fl. My massage therapist & dh goes down yrly. & rents a beautiful condo for 2 wks. & gave me info. paying $120 nightly. Disney may b too pricey for us to stay at; we're on a small budget plus I'm concerned about the bed-bug epidemic @ hotels now & I wonder if its also happening @ rental condos. So I'd feel safer sleeping in our tent-camper or if we had a friends home in the Orlando/Kissimmee area but we don't know anyone in Florida. If gas prices stay low next spring I know we'll pull our camper w dh's truck down.
I don't know Where All Your daily ENERGY is coming from :o We know U r young, not 30 yrs. yet but WoW U do soo much weekly w your family & your classes.... I wish U would send it to me ;) U r sooo inspiring w Everything U r doing :cool:

Susie, I'm Very Happy for U that U have achieved your career dreams & goals. I'm sorry about John's heart prob, but it could b worse; He is Blessed to have a good life w U :hug: Congrats on asking your Director for assistants to help U!!! What did U think of the BL when U watched them over the weekend?

Tori & Susie who r your fav's on DWTS & BL :D

I gotta get back to work now. Everyone Have a great week :carrot:

MyChoice2bfit
11-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi. It seems to have been a quiet week here. Hopefully we can all get here more this coming week--including myself.

Update on John. He did not go back into rhythm this time :( BUT, they did an internal echo cardio gram where they looked at all areas of his heart and they said it is a beautiful heart. NO blockages, no narrowing of the arteries and there were no blood clots. Knowing this is a blessing.

So for now he stays on the blood thinner and we will go back and discuss other options to try or not to try with the cardiologist.

I do have a 1 lb loss to report for myself at Thursday's TOPS weigh-in. :)

We bought a new scale at home so we both can weigh-in on Saturday together and some hand weights to have there in case we don't make it out to the Y--DH says he is committed to getting back to working out and relieving stress. They talked to him about that a great deal at the hospital. They said it can help greatly with the afib and it is important that his heart stay strong since afib can weaken it. They told him he is blessed to have a beautiful heart with no damage and that in the past he has done good things for his heart and he needs to be sure he continues doing so.

Dee: How is your shoulder feeling? I have heard about the blood type diet and I have heard people say that it worked for them. What I think about it is that I would read about it, try it for a brief time and see if felt any better. Then I would go off it for a bit and see if I really noticed a difference and then make my decision.

I don't really have a favorite on DWTS this time-I like what they all are doing. On biggest loser my favorite team right now is Dolvett's. But I'm closely watching Chelsea and Holley. Holley because she is from Columbus, OH..right up the road from me.

Tori: You will soon be on DWTS with all that dancing you are doing. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congratulations on the 5 yr milestone with your DH. Your celebration sounded like fun. AND congratulations for being at your lowest weight! Keep going!

MyChoice2bfit
11-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Hello! Where is everyone? Is it too cold outside for anyone to peek their head out?

We had a bit of snow yesterday. It was pretty but really I'm ok if that is the last of it. I like wearing sweaters but I don't like wearing sweaters with coats! :coolsnow:

Guess what happened yesterday? DH and I went to the Y together to walk! He has been saying he will go back with me but at the end of the day he is always too tired--so he says. Well..he went yesterday and told me he would go again tonight. :carrot:

I hope to see someone here soon! It's lonely!

cleancowgirl
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
I am sorry I have been mia from this thread. I don't know how I missed it. Any who some questions. "What else can we call you" My name is melodie but you can call me melly.
I am at 213.8 this morning. Hopefully it is on the way down again.

I just bought dolvett quinces new book from the biggest loser. The wonderful thing is it pretty much what I have been doing but gives some valuable information in portions so hoping it will give me another start. I love how he talks how important it is to cheat. It is called the 3-1-2-1 diet. You eat clean for 3 days, have a cheat meal/day eat clean for 2 more days and another cheat day. The rules though you do count calories and the cheat days should not be greater than 400 more calories what you are doing and you must workout on those days. Great recipes in the book. My planet fitness gave us a 50% off coupon if we ordered the book on an e reader so only paid about 5.00 for it for my nook.

MyChoice2bfit
11-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi. It's nice to see both Melly and Dee here. I hope that Tori and Lyssa will be here again soon.

I stayed the same at TOPS last night. As a chapter we are doing very well with our weight loss. We have some "new blood" and it's inspiring. Our meetings are fun again and we are getting and giving support to each other again.

Melly: I'm interested in how to get that coupon for the book as well. I have a Kindle Fire. I saw Dee asked about this too. Wouldn't it be fun for all of us to have the book and read it "together". It would make for good conversations.

Dee: I'm sorry you are still feeling badly. It is good to go get things checked out but don't let them keep moving you from one thing to another. I think you need some stress relieve. I know you have always kept yourself busy and that some of your "work" is going away but I think you find it stressful to give up those things you love and it could be playing a part in all the aches and pains.

This is the 1st weekend in 6 weeks that we don't have to be somewhere. I'm looking forwad to staying at home and organizing some things..piddling around...I love to do that and I need to..time to clean and toss...makes me feel good!

I'll pop in this weekend and I hope you all will too.

miniDoodles
11-15-2013, 03:35 PM
:o I tried to do a edit of what I said about 10 minutes ago & it disappeared, so I went to my history tab & this is what I said:

Sorry for being MIA. My shoulder, back & neck r still in pain 24/7 along w 1 breast pains & nausea since Oct.14 & the ER w my pancreatitis. I've seen my chiropractor 2x & massage therapist. When I pray for healing daily I feel guilt; I take responsibility for eating chips, sweets, junk food. God made us a world w healthy food & I ate stupid, I'm ashamed to b messed up & asking for Him to show me mercy & restore my health. I see my internal doctor Wed. & I know that means tests & prob x-rays because that's what they do. The small town I grew-up in had a toxic chemical factory that gave 20% of the residents cancer & died; I moved when I was 25yr. 1 brother died 6yr ago w lung cancer & my other brother 21 yr ago died from lymphoma & my sister w breast cancer 10yr ago. I'm in God's hands & I pray he Blesses me to b on earth for 18 yrs more, I'd love to b @ all my grandbabies high-school graduations.

I made donuts for dh this morning, I plan to eat 1/4 of them. It's hunting season here & dh got a big 10-point buck in our woods this morning & he's going back out for 2 more deer to donate to our local food-bank. I don't like the venison taste anymore except when I make Swiss steak, so that big buck will last dh a year w alternating it w chicken & fish. Next year dh goes to deer camp, his playtime w cards & the guys exploring the forest.

Susie, its soo Wonderful that John is enjoying walking w U :hug: Great going w losing that pound @ tops :smug: I've missed being here w U, but I know U r getting good support on your other threads. TY for your text, I was concerned about U being MIA & John's heart. U 2 r in my prayers, U feel like my missing sister that I just found last year. {TY for your encouraging words from your recent post to me.}

Melly, how r U doing w dh back from his elk hunting trip, I imagine it's honeymoon time @ your home ;) Do U hunt also, I only hunt for wild berries & morel mushrooms. 213 lbs. is soo close to Onederland I know U can do this :D When I was @ tops club we often had members drop +10 lbs in 1 month & often it was due to water or constipation causing prior probs. R U still doing the night shift @ work? That's got to b a simpler food menu for U to manage. TY for telling us about Dolvett's book. How could I get that coupon to use for my Kindle e-reader?

It's a beautiful weekend here in MI in the high 50's & w low winds. Earlier this week it was bitterly cold in the 30's. We both got a flu shot last week @ Kroger $28, the lowest price of stores & our doc. I have lots of sewing to catch-up because from being sick. This year our sons r having Thanksgiving w their spouses parents, so dh & I will b on our own this year to eat & cheer for our football teams. Unless I received a quick health improvement I wouldn't b a good hostess for my family, so this worked out well.

Tori & Lyssa :wave: I hope that U r losing pounds & U r feeling well :)
:happ3::thanks2:

Satine
11-18-2013, 04:50 PM
hi Ladies !!!! Glad to see you are all doing well ...I'm just maintaining at the moment although I have gained since the Summer...not doing too good on my Christmas Challenge :D Nothing really exciting is going on with me...as those of you who are on fb with me know, I turned 40 recently so that has changed my outlook some and I'm working thru that...I know I'm probably being a baby but I have to work thru my feelings...it is what it is...just a number...I think it has to do more with time wasted being over weight ...here I am 40 and still trying to get under 200 and stay there...just a little depressed over it I guess, and the holidays make it so hard.
Along with 40 comes my first mammogram which is scheduled for next Monday, fun fun :)

I'm watching Biggest Loser, anyone catch last week with Jillian and the caffiene pills? Odd...I thought they might have discussed it more...but anyway now I want some of those pills, haha

I was reading thru your posts and seems like you guys are doing good...

I've missed you guys...have a great week !!!!

Carri

MyChoice2bfit
11-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Hi! We had horrible storms last night but we are safe and didn't have any damage and I'm thankful for that.

I'm also thankful to see Carri posting! ;)

Carri: We all have birthday's that hit us harder than others. For me, I LOVED turning 40 but I remember when I turned 27 I had a very hard time with that birthday and I just had to work through it. Looking at 50 in a couple of years and I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. I know there are somethings I want to have accomplished before then and I think if I have them done then it won't be so hard on me. The BIGGEST Things is that I want to be under 200 lb by they. So I better dig in and get busy with it.

I know you wanted to be under 200 by your 40th birthday....you know what? You can be there by 41!

I am watching Biggest Loser and yes I did catch last week with Jillian and the caffeine pills. I was surprised that she chose that route to go.

Dee: I hope each day you are feeling better. Did you watch Revenge last night?

Melly: Have you started reading Dolvett Quinces book yet?

Tori: Where are you pretty lady?

Ok, so I need your help. At TOPS this past Thursday we made a "my journey to goal" out of strips of poster board. We all had a starting place and an ending place. In between is the road we are driving on to our new destination. Along the way we have speed bumps that are to represent our personal challenges and what is slowing us down or in our way of reaching our goals. I have a few ideas what mine are, but I would like to hear your inputs as most of you on this thread have known me for a long time in this journey and I'm not really going anywhere...and I need to get a move on

Thank you for any information you share. I will let you know after Thursday what I put on my "road".

I wanted to share one more thing. Most of you know that I had a personal until last year when she went to be a missionary in Mexico. Well, her mother just passed away at the young age of 51. She had liver failure. Not caused due to drinking. I'm very sad for my friend and her family as I know they will miss her very much. However, my faith lets me take comfort in the fact that there is the promise of Heaven and that Lisa knew Jesus as her personal friend and Savior and that she is now with Him.

I have lost a lot of friends over the past two years and if I'm learning anything it is that life is not promised and if I'm going to make the most of it, I can't waste my time eating for comfort and pushing down feelings...I must get out there and live and move and enjoy. I was made for much more than this.....being overweight and unhappy with myself.

cleancowgirl
11-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Susie: Just finished the book. Wow is all I can say. I really liked dolvett before but after you read his story and how he got there you cannot not be impressed. Susie so sorry about your mother. Liver failure can be cause from a variety of reasons but it is one we all have to worry about. Did she have a fatty liver or perhaps diabetes. My husband has nash Non alcoholic steathahepatitis. Basically diabetes mixed with obesity can cause a fatty liver which the liver slowly dies. We caught it early a few years ago and it was bad but with weightloss, getting his diabetes under control and exercise we got it back to normal range. So young for your mother. I am 50 and could not imagine leaving my daughters.
The coupon I got from my trainer and it was only through nook. I guess he was sent several coupons due to him running our planet fitness gym. It was something he downloaded on my email and was only a once use. The price at least is not bad for a download. Nook was only 11.00 before the coupon.
No I don't hunt but I do shoot a rifle for sporting clays. Yes I am happy to have him home.

Weight down to 212.7 so it is steadily moving. Going to start the dolvett program tomorrow.

MyChoice2bfit
11-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi Melly: You are making me very curious about the book. Maybe I will ask for it for Christmas or a gift card so I can download it.

Did you start his program today?

Thank you for your condolences. The lady who passed wasn't my mother but a friend of mine's mother. She had NASH as well. She didn't have diabetes but she did carry some extra weight, about 50 lbs...and i think over time it lead to this. Her sister had the same thing and died two years ago but she didn't have diabetes nor was she overweight. They told them that it was just something with the way their liver's process the fat.

I am glad to hear that you caught your husband's issue early.

Hi Dee! Where are you? I miss you!!

Hi Tori, Lyssa and Carri!

cleancowgirl
11-23-2013, 09:18 AM
I started dolvetts program last Monday and woo hoo!!:carrot: down another 3.3 lbs. Scale at 209.9. I was so excited to be under 210 even if just by a smidge. Goal this week is to at least maintain with the thanksgiving holiday. Thanksgiving is scheduled as my cheat day but it is just another 400 calories to play with so carefull planning here.

Onderland here I come.:encore:

MyChoice2bfit
11-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi Melly: Great job! and I love that you already planned how many extra calories you will take in on Thanksgiving so that you can keep those scales going down.

Because of the Memorial Service I attended on Thursday I missed my TOPS weigh-in and we don't have a weigh-in next week do to Thanksgiving.

I have weighed myself at home and set a goal to have 3 lbs off at the next weigh-in at TOPS. I'm back to logging my food and I have lunch workouts scheduled this week on my calendar so that I will go do them.

Dee: I hope you are ok. I really miss you here.

Carri, Lyss, and Tori: I miss you all too!

cleancowgirl
11-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi Melly: Great job! and I love that you already planned how many extra calories you will take in on Thanksgiving so that you can keep those scales going down.

The new program I am doing allows you to have a cheat day 2 times a week. You eat clean for 3 days /cheatday/eat clean for another 2 days/cheat day again.
The rules are you must exercise on cheat days and you can only have an additional 400 calories. It is suppose to end plateauing. So I do have a guide and just have to figure out what I want to cheat with.

MyChoice2bfit
11-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi Melly: I'm going to have to get the book...it sounds like something I could work with .

I am having a pretty good week. I made it to the gym last night with DH and he said we will go again tonight.

I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I will try and pop in over the holidays.

I sure am looking forward to 4 days off work! :carrot:

MyChoice2bfit
12-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi! I hope everyone had a great holiday. It seems that most of us were busy as we weren't here.

I don't feel that I overdid on the food on Thanksgiving, except I did have two desserts but I spread them out through the day.

I have my decorations up and I have done some shopping. I will do a bit on-line shopping here in just a little while. My goal is to be done and wrapped by December 14 in case on December 16 they tell us we should/can do the ablation for DH before the end of the year.

I hope to see all of you posting soon.

miniDoodles
12-09-2013, 02:15 PM
November= *vomiting blood 2x & unable to stand/walk; ER, internal bleeding, my body in shock; tubed & clip inside me to stop bleeding; ICCU 2 days w rude nurses & a blood transfusion; 1 day GI floor w kind nurses; home again & restriction diet for 2 weeks. No more nSaids, during my lifetime, only Tylenol for pain. My Ultrasound for 3 breast lumps was inconclusive again & repeats in May (same lumps for last 4 yrs., MRI's have false/positive results & biopsies increase cancer risk). :(

Okay that's why I've been MIA, not a pleasant holiday for me. DH has his cancer CT & checkup in a few weeks & he still refuses to take a RX for his bipolar & he's like living w a female w a PMS hormone imbalance & 'emotional' happy/angry yelling @ me daily. Jesus comforts me, but, having a better income would help me cope so much better daily without worries about bills. 18 yrs since we went on a trip to Florida, that trip would refresh my body & spirit this winter. But I am Blessed, I can: see, speak, hear & walk.

My 4 miniGoldenDoodle puppy litter was sold in 1 week, I sell them $300 less than other kennels do @ $400 per puppy. I'm not greedy like those dog breeders are; I want my puppies in family homes & I screen ppl & have a neuter/spade contract & use this income for medical payments.

Food wise I'm doing normal, but dread my lab for my pancreatitis, I've been eating sweets :p I'm back to my normal daily routine, but we have 4 Christmas dinner parties to attend this month, so I may ask Santa for a Fitbit wristband to monitor my body, about $120 I think.

Susie, I pray that John is doing well w his afib & that U r continuing to lose weight & close to your Christmas goal :carrot:

Melly, you're a nurse so I am confident that U r on track w Dolvett's program, U can do this ;)

Time to get back to work for my client's sewing orders now.
:hug: :wreath: :gift2::hohoho:

cleancowgirl
12-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Mini doodles- wow! So glad you are on the mend. Yes trying to get back on track. I think til after the holidays just trying to deal one day at a time. Weight back down but lots of events, parties ect. I do get in my exercise time at least 5 days a week though.

MyChoice2bfit
12-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Hi Dee! :hug::hug::hug: I have been so worried about you. I had a feeling that something was going on because it's never that long between posts for you. I sent you a text about a week or two ago. Did you get it?

What in the world caused the internal bleeding? I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through all of this along with the breast issues and DH's issues! I am going to get on my knees and say a prayer for both of you! I have been praying and will continue to do so.

As for John; he is doing well with the afib..he doesn't feel tired like he did the first time he had it. We see the cardiologist on Dec 16 to see what he has to tell us about the ablation procedure. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

Mel: Look at you getting 5 workouts in last week! It's so hard when it's this close to the holiday's. I'll be glad to get back to a normal routine too.

I'm not making any progress with the weight-loss but I'm not losing any ground. Just staying the same. To be honest my head just isn't in it right now.

But I'm not allowing myself to just forget about it. I do what I can and right now that is logging my food and staying in my calorie range.

I had a NSV today...I try to avoid soda but when it's at a meeting and it's free, I usually will get it instead of water...but NOT today! I'm going to work really hard and not have any soda between now and New Years Day.

I'll be popping in and out this week. Hope to see you all here.

MyChoice2bfit
12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi. I'm home with a cold today. Usually I keep going, but I've had a fever off and on so I thought it best to stay home.

I'm working a bit from home this AM; I am a morning person and I had a good nights sleep so I'll do what I can and then nap this afternoon and take 1/2 a sick day.

I just had some hot chocolate and it was so good.

DH's appointment yesterday was very informative. He told us to think about the information he gave to us and then call back and let his nurse know what we want to do. He told us if we choose the ablation it can't be done for at least 6 weeks and maybe longer with his schedule. So, we decided to think about it, get more information and then decide. We are leaning towards it to give it a try but want to be sure. He told us even if we didn't do anything but keep DH on the blood thinners, he felt that DH would have a very long and normal life. But if it was him, he would want to try the ablation to be back in normal rhythm if he could.

Hoping you all pop in and post.

MyChoice2bfit
12-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Where is everyone? I am off work until Friday and I have to work half a day but I can do it at home.

I showed a loss at TOPS last Thursday. I showed a 9 lb loss for the year. I am embarrassed about that. It was our last weigh in until Jan 2 2014. I am determined to have a loss on Jan 2 and my goal for the year is 40 lbs.

That is a lot of work ahead of me but I am getting to the point where it is getting serious. I went to the doctor for a skin issue today and it is because of my weight. The doctor had a serious talk with me. She was kind and while it was about it and approached it that I am important and I need to take care of myself and owe it to myself, it all comes down to I am know letting or not able to stop my weight from negatively affect my quality of life.

I hope you all are doing ok and that you have a wonderful and Merry Christmas.

MyChoice2bfit
12-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Good morning. I am off work today and my plans are to pay some bills, take down the tree and other Christmas decorations. I will leave out some of the snowmen though. Also have laundry to do.

I will also do my walking DVD today and I want to sit and write a couple of letters. That should make for a full day.

I am wondering if anyone is going to post here anymore? I will keep checking until the first of the year.

I miss everyone.:(

miniDoodles
12-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Hi, I won't b posting on this thread anymore. Looks like its fizzled-out w/o anyone here but the 3 of us. I try to post 2-3x week, but we need more chicks here to keep this thread interesting/supportive.

This November & December have been my most miserable months in my life. Yesterday on Christmas our son from Wisconsin that stayed w us the last 3 days was on his drive to our other sons home 1 hour away; he was in a critical truck accident & is in a hospital 2 hours away from me w a bleed in his brain. We came upon his accident 30 minutes later seeing his truck upside down into a 40' drop-off between the highway lanes, after the jaws of life got him out, loading his body into a ambulance. Scott is alive. "Pray for him please to have a fast & healthy recovery to restore his healthy body & life. He has no wife or kids & we're frightened he will also go into a depression from his life-threatening accident. He doesn't smoke, drink, or drugs; he's the guy every parent wishes their daughter will marry, a kind & wonderful young man that loves life. He is a 'project manager' for a large company & a typeA @ work. His injuries are tearing our family up, I wish I could trade places w my son & to take his pains & injuries if God would let me b in his truck accident on Christmas instead of Scott. It is hard being w him @ the hospital & not show my sadness & worries, he'll forever b my baby boy in my heart, just like his younger brother is.... Our faith in the Lord & trusting the doctors skills & knowledge is all we have to heal our son's brain & body.....

I'll b back by New Year's to say goodbye & then probably look for a few threads w Christian values & also ppl that r near their goal to help me keep on track. I've had a 5# gain the last few months from eating fast-food & carbs, it certainly isn't the season to easily find fresh veggies/fruits to eat to stay healthy. I'm wishing for a fast-food restaurant that has a mostly vegetarian menu that isn't pricey in 2014.

:hug: Be SAFE my Friends :hug: I wish each of You Wonderful Health & a Blessed~Loving Life :hug:

MyChoice2bfit
12-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Dee my goodness that was so scary to read about your son. Of course you have my prayers for him. Please keep me updated with texts, emails, phone calls. Do you still have all my contacts info?