Depression and Weight Issues - Depression Has Reared It's Ugly Head And...

RavenWolf
09-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I can't even find the motivation to work out. I was doing sooo well. Now, I just want to sit and watch tv.

I have worked so hard and have lost 56 pounds. I should be happy. But yet I look in the mirror and still see 229 pounds instead of 173 pounds.

I have sooo many physical things "wrong" with me that I can't find a single thing right. The past 2 days have been incredibly low for me.

I don't want to lose my momentum or worse gain back any weight. But I just can't get myself going.

happybug
09-24-2013, 09:46 PM
On days when I feel like this I do short bursts of exercise throughout the day. Eg, I'll get on the ab circle pro and do ten minutes, then later on in the day I'll go on the exercise bike for ten minutes. Some days all I can manage is fifteen minutes total on the ab circle pro, but at least it's something. Walking is one of my least favourite exercises, so if I had to get up, get my shoes on and go walking I'd rather sit and watch tv. Do you like gardening? If you get out weeding for half an hour you can count that as incidental exercise as well.

Catgoyle
09-25-2013, 01:04 AM
I feel for you RavenWolf.:hug:
One of my triggers is the colder weather and winter starting and the loss of daylight, our temps dropped yesterday and the cold set me off. I woke up feeling so bad, thought I wasn't going to make it to work. I took extra vitamins and on my lunch break I went outside and sat in the direct sunlight for 20 mins. It did help, but I am dreading this winter as I have been moved out of an office I had for many years that had a huge window and plenty of light thru the winters. I am now in a dark cubicle in a room with no windows. I was moved last fall and had the worst winter I have had in 13 years. I almost lost my job because I would get so depressed I couldn't function. I also work long hours and usually it is dark when I drive to work and dark when I drive home. My large office window was the only thing that kept me from going over the edge. I am trying to convince my self that my new commitment to losing weight and getting healthier is going to keep my going, I have also gave up alcohol so hoping that will help too since that usually just makes one more depressed. You have come along way in your weight loss, I admire that you have stuck with it. Don't let that nasty darkness win.

Annik
09-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Beaming love and light to you, RavenWolf.

Reach for the light. Keep reaching for the light. These are passing clouds. Keep reaching for the light.

shcirerf
09-25-2013, 01:38 AM
I totally hate this time of year!

Going to the gym tomorrow and pick things up and put them down!:D

Throw the med ball too!:D:carrot:

RavenWolf
09-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Honestly, it's bad enough that I am actually considering admitting myself. If I don't start snapping out of this, I will be going in on Friday. It's really bad.

Catgoyle
09-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Only you know yourself, don't hesitate to do what you need to do if it doesn't lift.
Hang on.

LisaTcan
09-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Hang in there! Things always turn around :) When I'm feeling too depressed to make it to the gym and do a workout I try and take a good walk, it helps my mood and helps me to get a little exercise in.

Cyndygail
10-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi, here's something I stumbled upon years ago. It was Christmas and the tree was overly full of lights. I found I felt good looking at the lights. So, I filled a brown paper bag full of Christmas lights and literally put my face inside the bag. Wow,. it felt great! You can do this at work, give it a try I am praying it helps you, too!