The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Biggest Loser Season 15

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Season 15

Ilene
09-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Can't wait for the Biggest Loser season 15 to start :carrot: October 8th, save the date! Reuben from "American Idol" is on it too...

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/contestants/

The coaches also had more say in the choosing of the contestants and on who goes home, they can give them a second chance...

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/

luckymommy
09-23-2013, 10:04 AM
I also can't wait! I know the rate of loss on this show is completely unrealistic but I still find it so motivating!

DaisyBelle
10-04-2013, 01:11 AM
I've never watched much of it before, but I am looking forward to this season and finding inspiration :)

EofAZ
10-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Thx Ilene, wasn't sure exactly when it would be starting. Sounds like it should be a good season.

Haley8203
10-05-2013, 04:13 PM
I love Rueben!

Nagazim
10-06-2013, 07:33 PM
I love The Biggest Loser!

LittleBlueCat
10-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Can't wait for renewed motivation always come along with the show!!

OnMyOwn1981
10-06-2013, 11:04 PM
This is my first season of watching the show without sitting in front of the tv stuffing a pint of ice cream in my face and telling myself I wish I could be like them. My journey might not be exactly the same as theirs but I can do it!

Goddess Jessica
10-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Who watched last night?

I have a favorite already. Rachel, the swimmer. Love her.

luckymommy
10-16-2013, 07:48 PM
I watched it....I'm so glad Jillian saved the guy who fell below the red line. I'm also glad that the guy with the beard didn't end up with Jillian! ;)

Ilene
10-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I really liked the new format, the trainers choosing the contestants, the trainers having a choice of letting go of the person below the yellow line...

I think there will be a lot less whiners this year too YAY for that...

My favourite is the Olympic lifter :yes: and Reuben what a cutee...

cleancowgirl
10-16-2013, 08:10 PM
David did amazing losing 38lbs. He is a very sad story, has a lot of demons to conquer with losing his first wife.

Goddess Jessica
10-17-2013, 12:23 AM
I also think it was smart thinking for Jillian to save the first person to leave her team. This totally prevents her from playing favorite later on and takes the "save" card completely out of her team's game. I found it a very good strategic move.

Yes, I'm glad Jillian didn't get David. I think he needed a different trainer. I love Jillian. She's my favorite but it's also because she is just like me. David totally shut down when confronted with her style of coaching so he needed someone more apt to sit down and talk those issues through. I think Dolvett was a good choice.

The woman who has a crush on Dolvett is so weird.

Bob and Holley will be an interesting team.

nray111
10-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Love it love it love it...I also feel inspired when I watch the show. It always gives me the munchies but I have the power!! lol.

Ilene
10-22-2013, 05:23 PM
I also think it was smart thinking for Jillian to save the first person to leave her team. This totally prevents her from playing favorite later on and takes the "save" card completely out of her team's game. I found it a very good strategic move. Good point!! Why didn't I think of that :lol:

Goddess Jessica
10-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Anyone watch the new one?

I always find it disturbing in the producing of this show how they "skim" over some people. Their stories are never fully developed. I am always saying, "Wait. Who is that again?" They're like the redshirts of the USS Fattbutt.

I would say I am sad to see Fernanda go but "Wait. Who is that again?"

Wannabehealthy
10-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Hi, just browsing through the forum. For some reason I don't actually watch the show, but I like to see the weigh-in at the end. I hate to see when people are pushed so hard that they fall off the machines, and then get screamed at for it. I also think the challenges are over the top. Maybe this is why I am so overweight.....

Ilene
10-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Darn I missed last nights, the DVR didn't record for some reason :(

Goddess Jessica
10-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Ilene - You can watch the full episodes online if you want to. It wasn't a spectacular episode.

nray111
10-28-2013, 02:05 PM
It is so strange that for some reason when I watch the show I always get the munchies! lol..I try to have a protein snack handy!

maryshady
10-31-2013, 09:05 AM
I have always watched the show and used to complain about it being too long. Now I don't like that it is only 1 hour. I feel we miss so much about the people and the relationships in the house.

Ilene
10-31-2013, 09:23 AM
I have always watched the show and used to complain about it being too long. Now I don't like that it is only 1 hour. I feel we miss so much about the people and the relationships in the house.I know!! I thought the same at the end of this week's episode :lol: ... We're never happy are we :lol:

maryshady
11-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Why are they not showing the after pics of the eliminated players. that is so inspiring to me. Really hate this new format

Ilene
11-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Why are they not showing the after pics of the eliminated players. that is so inspiring to me. Really hate this new format
I THINK I showed it last time at the start of the next episode, I hope so, I would miss that part of the show...

I was sooooo sad to see Reuben leave :( I hope he`s learned enough to continue onto his goal at home...

PUPMOM5
11-06-2013, 06:01 PM
I felt bad to see Reuben go - I felt like he would have been awesome to watch.

I wondered if anybody thought they edited thing funny while Jillian's team was waiting. It's like they have a compilation of her looking angry and disgusted and they kept showing it (I felt like) while her team was weighing in, when they all did pretty good!

helen22
11-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Such a pity ruben was sent home! I thought he would win....
I hate the red line! I want the yellow line back....

Ilene
11-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Such a pity ruben was sent home! I thought he would win....
I hate the red line! I want the yellow line back....Yes, yes, and yes re: teh yellow line... Red line is so last minute and BAM they're gone :(

mariposssa
11-07-2013, 05:42 PM
I was sad to see Rueben go, also. But, I don't hate the red line and I will tell you why. I don't miss the alliances and the voting and the constant saving of people who should have gone home. (Like that mean girl Conda from a couple seasons back.) It stopped being inspirational when it wasn't about the biggest loser; it was Survivor with more gym time and even more drama. I prefer the scale deciding instead of a vote, even if it means a favorite goes home or someone who really needs to be there.

Ilene
11-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I was sad to see Rueben go, also. But, I don't hate the red line and I will tell you why. I don't miss the alliances and the voting and the constant saving of people who should have gone home. (Like that mean girl Conda from a couple seasons back.) It stopped being inspirational when it wasn't about the biggest loser; it was Survivor with more gym time and even more drama. I prefer the scale deciding instead of a vote, even if it means a favorite goes home or someone who really needs to be there.
Good points... I'll look at it that way from now on... I'd forgotten about Conda, disliked her a whole lot, she was a mean, bully girl...

nray111
11-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Totally agree..I hated when they had to vote someone off. Sad about Ruben but excited to see where he is now in the next episode!!

Goddess Jessica
11-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Yep, I hated the voting too. This is so much better.

I was glad to see Ruben go. I felt like he wasn't trying at all. Apparently he's lost 104 pounds now though so that's good.

Did anybody else think the Bob and Holly thing was SO WEIRD this episode? I really loved seeing the weightlifters but I think if I had been part of his team, I would have been like, "Wow. Really? Do you guys need some time alone? I don't mean to get in the way here."

mariposssa
11-13-2013, 01:20 AM
The Bob & Holly thing...well, trainers do seem to play favorites sometimes; but yeah a little weird. Not nearly as weird as the Jillian scandal tonight, though. I haven't watched every season; but all but a couple. I don't ever remember a trainer being called out, caught giving pills, penalized or anything like that. Can't recall any player being brought back over a rules violation. That was definitely interesting. Caffeine pills?! oO

mariposssa
11-13-2013, 01:55 AM
Link to an NBC new article about the event. Lots of *SPOILERS* about the episode that just aired tonight if you haven't watched it yet.

http://t.nbcnews.com/entertainment/biggest-loser-trainer-jillian-michaels-breaks-rules-ruben-studdard-returns-2D11582675

Ilene
11-13-2013, 06:56 AM
That was a shocker! Makes you wonder if she's done it, secretly, on previous seasons... I bet she was pissssssed when she was ousted on national TV :lol: ... It was a good episode though... (I wonder if those caffeine pills work :devil: )

Next week the first 5 minutes of the show we should see the eliminated player's progress :carrot:

hiddenstar
11-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Ruben is a popular favorite. I wonder if they came up with the punishment just to bring Ruben back.

Ilene
11-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Ruben is a popular favorite. I wonder if they came up with the punishment just to bring Ruben back.
OMG i never thought of that... they probably paid Jillian extra $$ to suck it up and take the blame... HA! hilarious :lol:

nray111
11-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Wow..I'm glad Jillian stuck to her guns however as mentioned previously she should have cleared it with the doctors..I wonder how they even knew.

PUPMOM5
11-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Hiddenstar, that was the FIRST thing I thought. Jillian didn't seem sufficiently pissed and it was all very bizarre.

mariposssa
11-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Well, I don't think any of them seemed surprised, not Jillian and not the white team. Since the true weigh-in happens before filming I think they must have told Jillian and/or her team off camera, earlier in the day or just edited it out. I hate to go all tin hat theory...but it does seem odd and maybe even fishy. Maybe it was a plot to get a poplular contestant back, IDK.

Brandibooxoxo
11-15-2013, 05:06 AM
Just watched this episode, and I really think this was just to get ruben back. It's said because Craig has tried so hard. I'm really pulling for him to do good things.

mariposssa
11-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Jillian hinted that it was just to get Ruben back on her twitter a couple of days ago. I cant remember which TMZ type site I saw it on. Sorry. If I wasn't on my Kindle Id get the link.

NemesisClaws
11-17-2013, 04:26 AM
Jillian did drop a few hints that it was all done to get Ruben back. Frankly, if that's true, then it's not fair to the other contestants. Sure, I like the guy, but just because he's popular doesn't mean he should get special favors here...

nray111
11-18-2013, 04:52 PM
SAD if that's true...not fair. I also hope Craig does great at home!

CourtneyDaisey
12-28-2013, 02:23 PM
I really am enjoying this season of TBL! I'd stopped watching it because it had turned into such a popularity contest coupled with Survivor. I love the red line and the fact that the person who goes home is 100% based on the weight lost. There's no scheming or game play and I love that. It makes the show much better and truly about losing weight and not messing with people's heads. :)

I'm very curious as to which eliminated contestant will be coming back on January 7th.

diamondgeog
01-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Not a huge fan of the show. Also not as 'anti' show as I once was. But I just signed up for the Biggest Loser Run/Walk in my town so I got interested in how they are doing now.

This is a pretty well laid out fast read. I'd say most are doing pretty well if this article is accurate. The first one you come to is doing the worst so keep reading.

http://healthyeater.com/biggest-loser-then-now

Silverfire
01-07-2014, 02:28 PM

This is exactly what I thought too!!!! I like Ruben and was sad to see him go. Glad that hes keeping at it though.

Silverfire
01-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Not a huge fan of the show. Also not as 'anti' show as I once was. But I just signed up for the Biggest Loser Run/Walk in my town so I got interested in how they are doing now.

This is a pretty well laid out fast read. I'd say most are doing pretty well if this article is accurate. The first one you come to is doing the worst so keep reading.

http://healthyeater.com/biggest-loser-then-now

Great link! I wondered how past contestants were doing!

I have to wait till tomorrow to watch tonight's episode, I am so excited for it though!

Ilene
01-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I agree great link... Looking forward to the show tonight that's for sure!

mariposssa
01-08-2014, 03:56 AM
I went to the link and did like seeing how a few of the past contestants are doing. But, that article only took one or two, mostly winners from each season. There are what...15-20 contestants each time? I would be a interested in seeing real results, percentages, pictures, etc. of a lot more of the contestants before saying whether they promote long term weight loss. I have seen some pics of other regainers before...Courtney who won the Subway commercial deal looks to have gained quite a bit back. I can't remember any of the others off the top of my head, though.

mariposssa
01-08-2014, 04:01 AM
Oh yeah...about tonights episode; not thrilled that they brought back the yellow line, the voting, etc. and tonight is the perfect example of why. They vote off the competition and keep the slackers that they think they can beat later. At least some of them admitted it, I guess. But, it stops being about the Biggest Loser and starts being about popularity, alliances, drama and voting off anyone who might have a chance to win the minute you get the chance. Boo.

NemesisClaws
01-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Felt bad for Tanya...goodness. Girl can't catch a break with her weight loss. Wonder why it's just been so low for her?

Honestly, as much as I draw inspiration from this show, I really do want to see a show of ALL of the previous contestants from past shows and what they look like today. Did they keep it off? why or why not? I mean, it's great to lose over 100 pounds, but when you're not killing yourself ranch style afterwards, how did you maintain the weight loss or how much did you regain because you weren't working out so much a day?

Silverfire
01-08-2014, 12:31 PM
I saw this thread pop up on the new posts and I almost clicked on the last page. Then I remembered I haven't watched it yet! I wonder if I can find it on my phone and watch it at the gym today!?!?!

Silverfire
01-10-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm so glad Bobby is back!!

Silverfire
01-22-2014, 01:32 PM
MAKEOVER WEEK!!!!

No spoilers coz I'll have to watch it tomorrow!! Sooooooooooo Excited!

NemesisClaws
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
What happened??!! Any gossips? I had to miss the last two shows...:( I hate the fact that they don't do repeats here...

seagirl
01-31-2014, 04:20 PM
You can watch full episodes for free on Hulu. That's how I see it.

http://www.hulu.com/search?q=The+Biggest+Loser

penmage
02-04-2014, 07:33 PM
SOOOO excited for the finale tonight!! I can't wait to see how all the eliminated players look. And David, of course. Love me some David. :lol:

scarletmeshell
02-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Rachel is to thin!

ReillyJ
02-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Rachel is to thin!

It's not on here yet (PST) but i saw the pics on another msg board and yea... sorry but imo she's way too thin.

scarletmeshell
02-05-2014, 09:16 AM
I am sorry I should not have said anything yet.

It's not on here yet (PST) but i saw the pics on another msg board and yea... sorry but imo she's way too thin.

Sheila53
02-05-2014, 01:34 PM
While I was glad that she won, I, too, think she's too thin. I'm not sure how tall she is, but she looked really good at her final ranch weigh-in. She'll put some weight back on, however, unless she's developed an eating disorder. Sadly, when I was doing Weight Watchers, I saw that happen with several younger members. Crossing my fingers that she gets to a healthy weight and keeps it off using healthy techniques.

diamondgeog
02-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Happy for Tumi. Maybe the best smile I have ever seen on TV. Rachel way too thin. As a guy I can say immediately I was like woah....way overshoot. Best case she did it to ensure she won.

Bobby was also way too thin IMO. He looks fairly tall. I am a guy. There is no way you should be 170 at his height. He'd have no muscle whatsoever. Muscle weighs a lot. David..was just about perfect weight.

But egads Rachel did not look good attractive wise or healthy.

penmage
02-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Tumi was gorgeous! I'm so happy for her- and that DRESS! OMG.

I was texting with my cousin who's a clinical psychologist while watching the show, and she was definitely concerned about Rachel. She looked amazing at the last week on the ranch- this was just toooo far. I'm hoping it was just for the money (although I really wanted David to win), but she just looked...gaunt!

Hopefully she'll use some of that money to get the help she needs. (If she genuinely does have a problem, and didn't just do it for the money with the intent of gaining some back after)

Ilene
02-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm also hoping that Rachel lost so much to get the prize only and will level out and get to a healthier BMI later...

jodoto
02-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I think Rachel looked FABULOUS!

diamondgeog
02-06-2014, 02:16 PM
I just read she is 5'5". 105 is WAY too low. I have a daughter and I would be just as concerned for health with those stats as if she was carrying a lot of extra weight

And as a guy, well one guy, it was not attractive at all also. There is nothing healthy about that weight at all.

grinchygirl
02-06-2014, 04:45 PM
I think Rachel is a perfect example of the dangers of number focused transformations. The biggest loser competition is about % lost. Not fat % or muscle tone. Not health or overall lifestyle change.

I can't say whether she is healthy or not, because I don't know what she's doing. I don't know if she's starving herself. I feel just as bad saying she's too thin, as I do telling an overweight person they are too fat.

I wish her the best, and hope that if she is experiencing disordered eating or has developed a psychological condition that she gets help and deals with it. Overall, she's in a much better place than where she started.

I'm a fan of curves. I don't tend to find women beautiful who are underweight/borderline, because I think curves look healthy. Muscle mass looks healthy and sexy. I personally, feel she would rock a weight around 120/125.

Candeka
02-06-2014, 05:39 PM
I was so sad to see Rachel at the finale. She was my favourite and I was so excited to see how she would look but the moment she walked out, both my husband and I look at each other with our jaws on the floor. I believe she went way too far. Bob and Jillians faces pretty much confirmed that.

I am hoping she goes back up to at least 120 now that she was won the money. Also, Tumi's transformation was the biggest surprise ever. I am so happy for her!

NemesisClaws
02-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Maybe Rachel felt like she had no choice, since she was up against two guys who could drop some serious weight. You gotta admit, it's a lot harder for a woman to lose weight percentage wise and be able to beat the guys without going to the extremes that she did.

I hope she puts some 10 to 20 pounds back on....

nelie
02-07-2014, 12:40 PM
I just started watching season 15 but I have to say that if $250k were up for grabs, I'd take diuretics and go on a juice/water fast to drop the weight then go back up. I think it is sad that people are judging her when I see women that look like her all the time. I think the dehydration is really what caused the low scale weight.

Vex
02-07-2014, 05:55 PM
You know, I said something like that to myself this morning, "heck if it was 250k, I'd drop it in a sec."

Then I really thought about it.....and thought about the years of my life to be gained by losing the weight. I'm sure I'd gain that much $ or more.

nelie
02-07-2014, 06:25 PM
And one thing to remember, temporary dehydration is just that. Body builders use methods to drop water weight prior to competitions to have their muscles 'pop' and then they drink water and gain 20 lbs.

Also, I'd bet every contestant since the start of the biggest loser has used dehydration especially at the final weigh in.

diamondgeog
02-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Nelie excellent points. It is a shame a show would push her to those extremes but 250K is a lot of money. I'd probably do the same. Hopefully she lives truly healthy from now forward.

magical
02-07-2014, 09:15 PM
I must admit that I am in awe of her determination (and yeah, jealous of her loss). I'm sure she'll switch to healthy maintenance now especially with the continued help of her trainer and with the BL's nutrition team at her disposal.

Kudos to her.

Thousandsunny
02-08-2014, 09:25 AM
I wonder too if it's just shocking to see her at this weight after seeing her in the 260s. By comparison it looks drastic but according to several weight charts, even Rush's, she's only 8 pounds shy of the normal weight range at 115. People have mentioned her maintaince and she may put on 8 pounds, especially if she starts swimming again, but even if she doesn't, I don't think she looks as skeletal as the articles decry.

BethC
02-08-2014, 11:52 AM
We've seen most of the winners gain a few lbs after the finale. While I was surprised by the number initially, I also see that $250k is a huge motivator! She had 2 guys to go up against and she wanted to win.

MariaMaria
02-08-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm gobsmacked at the remarks here that come down to "I think she'd be hotter if" and "as a dude this is how she'd appeal to me."

How did we get to a place where it's cool to judge like that? Do we _like_ hearing what strangers think about our sexual desirability? About what size and shape our bodies should be to make us most attractive for people we'll never meet?

JohnP
02-08-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm gobsmacked at the remarks here that come down to "I think she'd be hotter if" and "as a dude this is how she'd appeal to me."

How did we get to a place where it's cool to judge like that? Do we _like_ hearing what strangers think about our sexual desirability? About what size and shape our bodies should be to make us most attractive for people we'll never meet?

You can't use quotes and paraphrase at the same time and I don't agree people were saying what you're suggesting anyways. The real issue I have with your post is this; why are you allowed to have an opinion but they are not? Your entire post is hypocritical and your self righteous attitude is besmirching.

JohnP
02-08-2014, 01:32 PM
There is no question that the winner lost an unhealthy amount of weight in the final months. The real question is what happens now and that probably depends on her motivations in the first place.

Professional fighters who normally might weigh 185-190 will weigh in at 170 the day before a fight.

With the amount of money on the line the only surprising thing to me is that this doesn't happen every season.

Wannabehealthy
02-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Just once I'd like to hear someone say I'd gotten too thin!

I think she did it for the money and I can't say I blame her. She will gain some back, and I think she will be fine.

MariaMaria
02-10-2014, 04:54 AM
You can't use quotes and paraphrase at the same time and I don't agree people were saying what you're suggesting anyways. The real issue I have with your post is this; why are you allowed to have an opinion but they are not? Your entire post is hypocritical and your self righteous attitude is besmirching.

I can and I did.

I'm not judging a stranger's sexual attractiveness. And I still think it's a lousy thing to do. You don't like me? I can live with that.

krampus
02-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I didn't watch the show but saw photos. Tumi is from my area - gooo Tumi - and Rachel is probably gonna have some issues from such drastic fast loss but kudos to her, she gamed the system GOOD.

I would starve myself on TV down to 75 lbs if the price was right. Then I'd take my prize money and hire a dietitian to help me gain healthily and reintroduce food and not-5-hours-of-cardio-a-day to my life.