Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/177/150

Height: 5'3

Default need help!

Does anyone else have the problem of being in a relationship with someone who can eat whatever they want but never gain a pound? my boyfriend has a super high metabolism and can eat frozen pizza every day (which he does) and never gain a pound! he also doesn't eat veggies which makes it difficult for me and we constantly grab fast food because were always running around! Any suggestions on how to start my diet and stick to it (we live together so its hard).
epeefencer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Don't weigh your circumstances against anothers. You are going to have to do what works for you regardless of his circumstances. If that means cooking for yourself, packing a lunch for yourself, then that is what has to be done. If you ask, perhaps he'll modify his diet a bit to make it more similar to yours to ease some of the strain.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #3  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Make changes where you can, I have gotten the kids meals more than a few times. You can get milk instead of soda, apple slices instead of fries, hamburger instead of cheeseburger, grilled chicken instead of crispy, salad instead of burger, you can get wraps at some places, veggie burgers at some places, you can tell them no mayo, you don't have to get fries on the side, you can just have a sandwich.

I cannot eat the same amount as my husband or I will gain, we have naturally evolved to not eating exactly the same things.

Best of luck to you
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #4  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Yea, my husband can eat anything and not gain weight or much weight. Fast food is the devil but many of the franchises are offering better choices. We still eat out a lot because we are also busy and we do a lot of traveling. I've looked hard at menus when we go out and most have "nutritional" information that can be found online. I've looked at pretty much every one of them for the better choices.

For example: Wendy's chili and salad or baked potato are decent choices. Taco Bell's Taco Salad (without eating the fried bowl) is also not too bad. Subway of course has the "Jared" meals. Of course portion control is a big part of it too. The book Calorie King is your friend being small and easy to carry. It has all the major fast foods in it. I found a link from Health and Fitness about the healthier fast foods as a start:

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recip...hy-fast-foods/

Losing weight in almost any situation can be done. Yesterday we visited a Mexican restaurant that is one of my favorites. They have a huge buffet where one could no doubt really spoil a decent eating plan. My husband had the buffet, I ordered two chicken tacos ala carte and they were good and plenty to eat.

Just start where you are. As you do better maybe BF will join you for healthier eating. When I first met my husband he ate almost nothing green and he pretty much ate like a teenager. Left to his own, he would have remained that way but slowly widening his palate has him suggesting vegetable dishes to try. Good luck to you.

Last edited by vintagecat; 09-18-2013 at 12:17 PM.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I've said it a million times before (sorry, everyone!) but I'm obsessed with homemade freezer meals.

If you cook a big pot of chili (just as an example) you can put it in maybe six 1.5 cup serving containers and you have six future meals.
If you make 8 burritos and flash freeze them (no fancy equipment, just means you freeze them on a metal cookie sheet so they don't stick together), you have eight more meals.

and on and on...

You end up with an arsenal of easy and healthy homemade meals that you can just microwave and eat faster than a frozen pizza cooks!

Some of my 15 minutes or less go-to recipes that aren't pre-cooked are:

-Microwaved loaded "baked" potatoes with roasted broccoli, cheese, crisped turkey bacon, sour cream and chives

-Black bean quesadillas

-Frozen Asian vegetables stir fried in store-bought sauce and minute rice

-Tortilla/flat out/pita pizzas with your favorite pizza toppings

-Pasta and frozen veggies with marinara

-Frozen fish, pan seared with any frozen veggies

-Sandwich or salad

-Breakfast for dinner (eggs/omelette, bacon, etc)

The combination of having easy food ideas and ingredients on hand plus the more time-consuming foods cooked and frozen makes eating healthy easier on me.

I do realize that it's not always possible to go home to eat. When you're on the go and having fast food, it's a good idea to just familiarize yourself with the best options for you at each restaurant. That way you can make the best of the situation.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote