Weight Watchers - Pumpkin Lovers!

View Full Version : Pumpkin Lovers!

PUPMOM5
09-17-2013, 12:58 PM
My most favorite time of year is Fall - so I am in 7th heaven right now because St. Louis is all fall right now. With the fall comes the pumpkin-flavored everything (which is also my favorite) but this is my first year not just indulging in whatever, whenever I want.

So, if you're a pumpkin-lover like I am, how do you get your fix while staying within your points? I found a "pumpkin bar" recipe for 2 pts each (Angel food cake mix + pumpkin + 1/4 c water) but haven't tried making it yet.

Dolly Sunshine
09-17-2013, 01:12 PM
I have made that and it's REALLY good!!!

Munchy
09-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Gina of www.skinnytaste.com has great collection of pumpkin recipes!

Skinny Pumpkin Madness (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/skinny-pumpkin-madness.html)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TU4fp2bOTr4/TnnsuvOIHHI/AAAAAAAADhs/bHNGD9dpaKg/s1600/Skinny-Pumpkin-Madness.jpg

PUPMOM5
09-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Munchy, I love you. Thank you. She even put them all on a Pinterest board to follow. My Fall is saved!

Jilu
09-17-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm a fan of savory pumpkin recipes. I usually make one or two batches of pumpkin and black bean chili. Just cut the pumpkin into chunks, roast them, and toss them in chili like you would meat!

JuvenileNarcissist
09-17-2013, 09:12 PM
I make pumpkin soup. I love it. It's so good. And it's low in points. It's really easy too.
1/2 cup onion
3 Tbsp butter
2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin (i just use the canned Libby's)
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground pepper
3 cups chicken broth

Brown the chopped onion in the butter, add pumpkin. Add salt, pepper, sugar and nutmeg. Slowly add broth. Do not boil. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until warmed, puree in a blender until smooth.

I think it's something like 4 points for a cup and a half.

SoMuchFattitude
09-18-2013, 10:32 AM
I like Pumpkin Spice coffee! Mmmm..

I even saw there is a pumpkin yogurt out right now (I *think* yoplait) and also pumpkin cream cheese!

SarainMN
09-18-2013, 12:23 PM
I love pumpkin too
thanks for those Munchy

PUPMOM5
09-22-2013, 03:41 PM
I found the Yoplait Light Pumpkin Pie yogurt today at Target (and on sale for $2). The first few bites, I feel like the taste of artificial sugar was a little much, but then I got used to it (I'm really committed to pumpkin, I guess) and it was a nice 2 pt treat!

kidjng
09-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Your thread gave me an idea to "spice" up my typical afternoon vanilla greek yogurt by adding a couple of tablespoons of pureed pumpkin, 1 tsp of real maple syrup, and best of all -- pumpkin pie spice. YUMMY!!

I'm also saving some weekly points to splurge at least once a week on a pumpkin spice latte.

Munchy
09-23-2013, 05:06 PM
:) The pumpkin cheesecake is very good! I've made it for the past few Thanksgivings