30-Somethings - Weight Loss Confessions - Part II

View Full Version : Weight Loss Confessions - Part II

Natasha1534
09-16-2013, 07:32 PM
The original thread was hugely popular and reached the post limit, so I'm starting a new one.

So I saw this thread in the 20-something group and it seemed like a REALLY good idea. Several people's confessions were things like that they were worried that they won't know how to MAINTAIN their weight, only how to lose or gain it...or that they hate their new body after the weight loss...or how they weigh themselves (naked, after a big poop, etc.). Soooooooooooo...no judgments passed...what are YOUR weight loss confessions???

I'll start the thread off again...

I constantly worry that although I've made huge progress in my weight loss, guys still won't think I'm small enough for them to date. I'm still a chunky girl and I think I always will be, but my heart always sinks when I talk to guys and they ask for full body pictures over and over again. If you're THAT concerned, why even talk to me? I post full body pictures all the time...I'm ont hiding my body. If you don't like what you see, don't contact me...it's THAT simple.

Lecomtes
09-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Good idea. :) I wouldn't sweat it too much Natasha...it there is one thing I've learned about men, it's that 92.7% of them are shallow worthless bast@rds. :P Haha! But the good ones make sifting through all the bad ones worth it. The one's that are worth your time won't run from chunkiness as long as you care about yourself and are not miserable because of it. You'll find your prince, don't get discouraged. :) I found mine, and he is loves me and is romantic no matter my size.
My confession is that I've been using DietBet, which has been fine but the 4-5 days between dietbets I have been going overboard. I am acknowledging it publicly here as a catalyst for reigning it in! :)

ctkat1
09-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Oh wow, this is hard to be really honest about things that I NEVER admit.

I confess that I've been single the last 7 years (during which I gained 110 pounds) not because I've been too busy nursing a broken heart, going to law school, starting my career, and gaining independence like I insist, but because I can't imagine anyone being interested in me when I'm so uncomfortable with my weight.

I confess that I am really worried about how I will look when I lose the weight- the idea of loose skin is terrifying to me, although rationally I know that 'deflated balloon' can't look worse that being obese.

I confess that I've used my weight as a "shield" for so long and for so many things that I'm terrified when I no longer have it as an excuse.

I confess that I hate being "the fat one" in my family.

I confess that I have difficulties putting on socks and tying shoes. This is just one of the most embarrassing things about being so big, the fact that I actually can't really reach down and tie my shoes.

Elladorine
09-19-2013, 02:33 AM
I now weigh one pound more than I did on the first of the year, and regardless of the reason, I confess that it's annoying the crap out of me. :p I also confess that I'm not able to see my growing belly objectively and rationally, and secretly fear it will still be huge once I have the baby. Maybe because I'd only recently lost the last bit of weight and didn't get a chance to get used to my smaller size before getting pregnant? :dizzy: This larger belly pretty much feels like my fatter, "normal" self.

And don't get me wrong, I'm so happy to be having a baby! But my body image is completely and utterly distorted.

cosmic wisdom
09-21-2013, 05:52 PM
I confess that I didn't realized how much I changed until I wore a new knit dress to a birthday party. Since I haven't bought any clothes, my old clothes were baggy and WOW the attention was overwhelming. I did love the fact the several men said I was the best looking woman at the party. The women were frosty though....

I confess that Im afraid I'll regain the weight.

I confess that I'll probably avoid serious dating for a while to settle into this new body (54 inches lost and counting).

I confess that I really don't want to be 135...will probably aim to be between 140-145 for maintenance but first just trying to reach my goal and adjust afterwards.

CrabNebula
09-21-2013, 10:26 PM
As a way of keeping myself motivated, I've been watching a lot of British fat shows on YouTube like Fat Doctor, Supersize vs. Superskinny, and Secret Eaters.

staja
09-24-2013, 05:02 PM
I like true confession time!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I ate everything in sight from Thursday - Sunday in preparation for my turn on Atkins induction. As my boyfriend kept telling me, "To be fair, it was your birthday". And to be perfectly fair (and honest), my birthday is only ONE day, not FOUR!

stilettolife
09-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I hate that I self-sabotage myself, when it comes to eating. But eating is not the problem, it's having the energy to workout after work.

I'm also afraid that I have gotten so comfortable at this size, that I will never lose the weight.

I'm afraid that guys don't want me because of my weight and I'm afraid they would want me because of the weight loss.

Fakk
09-26-2013, 04:55 AM
I confess that i dont want a take away this weekend - its my treat for running all week (husbands idea). I think it will undo all the hard work and i'm not sure how to gently bring it up. I'm not sure if come friday evening I'll have the will power to say no. hmmmmmm.

CrabNebula
09-26-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm stressing a little about my trip next week. I'm actually packing my measuring spoons and cups. The in-laws will probably think I have gone OCD. They serve ridiculously large portions of meals and you are well expected to eat it all as not to be rude. I also will be tempted by things that I can't get in the US and feel the need to 'stock up' on. Agh.

Natasha1534
10-02-2013, 12:13 AM
I confess that i dont want a take away this weekend - its my treat for running all week (husbands idea). I think it will undo all the hard work and i'm not sure how to gently bring it up. I'm not sure if come friday evening I'll have the will power to say no. hmmmmmm.

I'm sure that your husband will be more than understanding if you broach the subject w/ him tactfully. Maybe "honey, that was a really good idea about treating ourselves with takeout, but how about we go to a movie instead and have a nice candlelit (and healthy) dinner at home instead?"

silentarctic
10-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I confess that I am smarter than this, that I let my inner tempertantrum win for most of my life and self sooth with food and I'm not quite sure how to find the happy medium. But that I'm starting to get super scared for my health, its going to catch up to me if it hasn't already... And that I'm not sure how to stick with it I seem to be stuck in a lifelong cycle of trying really hard and then eventually giving up and backsliding, on a repetitive loop. Ever since I was 14... and I'm 34 now.

fillupthesky
10-05-2013, 02:56 AM
confessions...hmmmm

i fear that my boyfriend will treat me differently if i'm at a normal weight.

sologirl
10-05-2013, 10:31 PM
I confess that i weigh more now than the day BEFORE i had my first child...and i gained 110 pounds in that pregnancy!

shrewlu
10-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Confessions: My boyfriend admittedly likes larger women and I'm worried as I lose weight that he won't want me anymore. I'm also really worried about loose skin but mostly I'm worried about my breasts getting smaller. I know it is weird and goofy, but I don't want them to get smaller or saggier or lack volume.

silentarctic
10-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Shrewlu - me too, the fears about the after-effects if I am successful losing weight. I've never been successful enough to have my chest decrease in size the unknown is kinda scary.

Confession - I'm too lazy to go to the store, but also a little scared too I'm so tired that I'm scared the aroma of junk food like fresh donuts or deli chinese food will lure me in. And also a little resistant to eat at all I'm up 2lbs over the weekend and while logically I know I should brush it off and keep going the illogical part of me just wants to go home and sleep until those 2 lbs are gone again. :-|

Natasha1534
10-08-2013, 12:12 AM
...I'm worried about my breasts getting smaller. I know it is weird and goofy, but I don't want them to get smaller or saggier or lack volume.

Not weird and goofy at all...I'm totally the same.

BuffieLynn
10-14-2013, 02:46 AM
Ok so I can barely be a part of this group...just about to be 40! But, confession time...

- I am totally freaked that my husband will get thinner than me before I get to my goal. We are on the same program and currently he weighs 40 lbs more than me.
- I am afraid when we are thinner, what if he changes his mind about me.
- I too have the boob fear. But, thankfully I have the funds and the plan to get
some NEW ones;).
- In the past 4 weeks I have lost 20 lbs. no exercising...I am worried that I am going to stall. We are on Ideal Protein so they have said no exercise, maybe light walking.
- #1 is not getting fit before 40. My birthday is in February and my mini goal is
to be in one-derland!
- Another...I really want a Guinness!!!

Thanks for starting this thread and keeping it going...very therapeutic

Mama Whitty
10-15-2013, 04:20 PM
So it's been awhile since I have been on 3 fat chicks forum, I confess.

Here is some confessions that I need to get off my chest. Hopefully saying these things will help me get back on track.

I confess that all the weight I lost over the summer, I put back on and maybe then some. (my scale needs new batteries)

I confess that I have 4 sisters and I think I am now the most overweight. The rest look so amazing. Part my reasoning as to why this is, is because they all live near each other and have each other for support. Living 10 hours away from all your family stinks.

I confess that I am under a ton of stress lately, which might have led to some depression, and quite a bit of my weight gain.

I confess that I really think I will just keep gaining and never reach my goal weight. Even though this site inspires me.

I just want to be happy, but feel like the only way it will ever happen is if I am thinner. It sucks to feel this way.

dolphin9006
10-16-2013, 11:13 PM
I confess that I am my own worst enemy. I constantly put myself down and make jokes about how fat and disgusting I am. I do it because I'm scared that if I don't others will. I also do it because part of me feels like if people know that I know I'm fat and that it's disgusting, they wont judge me as harshly. I do all this, then go home and eat because of how horrible I feel about myself.
Someone needs to slap me.

KayNicole
10-17-2013, 02:00 PM
silentarctic- great confession.

Dolphin- :frypan: (closest I found to a slap!). lol jk I am the same way. It is so hard for me too.

I hate an empty house, I feel like I am waiting for people to get home all the time, which is pretty bad since I live alone and I'm waiting for nothing.

I often find myself sitting at home in front of the tv or computer wishing I had gotten something done.

I crave a busy lifestyle where I go to the gym in the morning drop of kids, pick them up, make dinner, clean up and do it all over again the next day. I know I know, be careful what you wish for but I always did better when my life was jam packed. Life is boring without a family to share it with.

I often cook a meal for 2-4 and eat most of it.

OK I never put it together that so many of my roadblocks have to do with living alone!

nlauah
10-17-2013, 02:16 PM
I cant agree more with Dolphin.. I have used this one as my defensive tactic ( not sure if I can call it so) many a time....

I also have the same problem as you KayNicole... Mainly because through my 26 yrs of existence I have always been surrounded with family and friends. But after I moved to here I have had pretty much no one around.. no one to talk to.. No one to visit me.. no one even close to be called as an acquaintance and I have been adding close to 20 pounds because of this until recently when I saw a pic of mine where I was this huge person I did not relate to.... :(

As for me my biggest fear is I may end up being all alone without finding my person (my guy) because of my weight though I keep telling myself love is beyond how you look... But that seems to be contrary to the reality

dolphin9006
10-17-2013, 05:57 PM
haha, thanks for the "slap" KayNicole!

nlauah- I can also related to the loneliness. I recently moved away from a city where I had a thriving social life to a place where I have a hard time making friends and find myself alone most of the time (unless you count the family of deer I have started talking to, which now have started ignoring me the past 2 weeks). Food is my go to "friend".

Munchy
10-17-2013, 06:14 PM
I admit, that after so many years of "dieting" and living in my brain, I'm just kind of in a routine and I love it. I'm not hard on myself, I don't flip out about my weight, I'm in a normal range, and I eat foods that I love for every single meal.

I spent so many years under eating that it's hard for me to relate to having no control around food.

I'm sometimes nervous that my six year old daughter will get the same body image issues and struggle with weight that I had (she's my body twin). I give her treats and we are a pretty healthy household, but I am very particular about vegetable ratio in her meals.

begoodjen
10-20-2013, 06:09 PM
I have 2 -
1. I confess that I want to lose another 40 pounds soon so that I am still young enough to be "hot"
2. I confess that once I lost about 50 pounds and people started *really* noticing I stopped losing. I lost 62 pounds total but put 14 back on in the last year. That's why I'm back here and back on plan!

mem7883
10-23-2013, 09:41 AM
I confess that I feel resentful towards both my husband and stepson who can eat toast with nutella, bagels, pizza, and plenty of other things I have trouble controlling myself around. They eat them, enjoy them, forget about them, whereas I obsess over what that must be like. I also feel resentful when I offer to fix them a meal or snack and they say "no thanks, I don't feel like eating." A perfectly acceptable response, I know, but somehow because I'm feeling like eating the whole house, I resent that they have that kind of nonchalance. Grrr... living with two guys...

I also confess that I have a whole drawer full of pants, the entire bottom layer of which I have kept because they are cute and stylish but will not even go up around my butt any more. I tend to wear the top layer of unflattering, slightly baggy jeans made out of stretch material and just accept that I can't feel sexy until I get back into those old pants, like wearing ugly pants is my "punishment" for not keeping my weight in check.

I confess that I fear what my husband really thinks about my body. When we met, I was tiny and self-confident and really into fashion. He doesn't complain about my heavier body now, just comments that I never wear his favorite mini skirt or jeans (see above about the clothes that don't fit). I don't know if he really doesn't realize that they don't fit me anymore? Does he think I'm just getting conservative with my clothing choices or is it a way of saying he wishes my body were different....grrr... over-analysis, I know, but I had to get this all off my chest! Thanks for listening :-)

hudsonhawk4480
11-01-2013, 03:11 PM
1. I want to get back to my lowest weight, which was during my divorce. I bottomed out at 124. I'm now 150-155 and I'm miserable. I'm also afraid my SO wont find me attractive if I gain any more. He met me during that skinny time.

2. I like to shop at Loft and Ann Taylor because their vanity sizing is insane. I wear a size 8 when I really should be in a 10.

3. I'm terrified that the weight loss during divorce and my age (33) has killed my metabolism

Lizzyg
11-01-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm worried about my breasts getting smaller. I know it is weird and goofy, but I don't want them to get smaller or saggier or lack volume.

Mine did.

That was going to be my confession.

I hate, HATE my boobs. They are just bags of skin.

Other confessions:

I like being lazy. I love to run but sometimes I like being lazy more.

I had 5 donuts last night.

And this one is awful:

I was glad that I was not the fattest one at a family get together this summer. I wasn't glad that my cousin has gained a lot of weight though.

BuffieLynn
11-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Not sure I have confessed these before:

1. I am worried my husband will lose more weight and actually weigh less than me. At this point he is 40 lbs heavier than me.
2. I am inside afraid what if...I quit losing?! I am afraid my success won't continue.
3. I too worry about my boobs. I gave birth twice and breastfed; so they already have sagging issues. But, my hubby has said we will get "new" ones or a lift when I am ready...to me that will be after goal.
4. I am pretty competitive about this weight loss thing and often compare myself to others around me...especially family.
5. I REALLY can't wait for my signature options to be opened up so I can get a ticker!!!

dancinginpaint
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Yay! I like these threads! Although participating is hard.:p

I confess that:

I really, really, really want to weigh less than my husband. I know for some it does not affect how feminine they feel, and good on them. For me though? I am shorter than him, and I just want to be able to say the number and have it be smaller.

We just recently went to an amusement park and I barely fit in the seats. I got so freaked out when I dropped one the the "extra securing belts" and couldn't reach it. All I could think it "omgoodness, they won't check it, and help and i'll be loopdelooping to my death". It sounds silly but I had genuine heart pounding panic about it. It wouldn't have happened if I wasn't so heavy.

I also confess, that we've just moved to a new city. I have to find a job here soon and I am so afraid that my weight is going to be an issue.

I also find the my legs and arms "fall asleep" faster, i'd like that to go away.

I confess that I feel like being unhealthy has dumbed me down. Like i'm always foggy and I simply don't have the same clarity of mind as I did when thin and healthy.

Anyways, thanks for letting me, let this out. I feel shameful for feeling this way.

Nella
11-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I haven't been here in a few years so here goes:

I confess that I gained back all the weight I had lost plus another 4 pounds.

I confess that I eat because it makes me happier. I have been dealing with infertility issues and failed adoption plans for the last few years and I turned to food to feel better.

I confess that I hate that I will have to watch everything that goes in my mouth for the rest of my life.

I confess that I'm afraid I might fail or re-gain the weight I lose again.

Katy Did
11-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Confession - I have only lost 10 lbs so far, which is the most I've ever lost since gaining all this weight over the last 10 years.

I hope to lose more over the next months and years. I think it won't be noticeable for awhile because it'll take at least 20 lbs more for it to be noticeable, I'm guessing.

But when people start noticing and talking - I'm going to be uncomfortable and I confess that I'm worried that I'll just start gaining the weight back. I'm an extremely private person and I don't like people talking about me or drawing any attention to myself.

MandeLea
11-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Hmm, confessions...

I confess that I have absolutely no flexibility, and doing things like putting on shoes, or getting all dressed up, wears me out emotionally. We have a party to attend on Friday, and I will be wearing slacks and a blouse to avoid getting "dolled up."

Another confession that makes me feel very guilty is that when my wife loses weight, I'm happy for her, and when we both lose weight, I'm extremely happy, but my competitive side gets the better of me, and I want to do "better" or "lose more" so that I can "win." We're not in any way competing or challenging each other. How sick is that? Le sigh.

FreeBird3
11-25-2013, 05:01 AM
I confess that I truly believe Mr Right will come along when I lose the weight and feel better about myself.

I confess that I worry Mr. Right won't come along even when I lose the weight. :(

I confess to secretly competing with my best friend as well as my sister-in-law when it comes to having the better figure. I know this is shallow thinking on my part...but I have a hunch they think this way too.

Most embarrassing confession....I confess to pushing away the love of my life because I thought I wasn't worthy of his love because I thought I was TOO fat for him. Now he is married. I FB stalk him every once in awhile. His wife is beautiful and slender. I hate myself for giving up on love due to my insecurities. :(

PintSizedTerror
11-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Here's my confession: my boyfriend likes larger women, (not sure, but when we started dating I was 145lbs, and I think I was the smallest woman he's ever seriously dated) and has already expressed concern over whether or not I'll lose my curves. I'm concerned that he will be insecure about me losing weight, and make it weird or that he won't find me attractive anymore. The second half of this confession is that I'm grateful that he is concerned. I struggled with unhealthy eating habits for years and years. Binge, purge, starve, diet pills etc... And he keeps me grounded and boosts my self confidence, keeping me from slipping into obsession again.

pixelllate
11-25-2013, 05:50 PM
I confess that I oddly am rarely tempted by EATing sweets, because I get the same (noncaloric) rush from looking at foodpr0n, so it seems like a sweet deal diet-wise to just browse it. Actually...even more so since the pics on the internet look way better than the "real thing" so if anything, I want real junk food even less. However, I refrain from mentioning my enthusiasm for fatty foods, as well as my affinity for baking (such as giving baking tips) as people wonder why I tend to say no thanks to sweets.

I confess that not-gaining is really easy as long as my routine can remain the same. I'm scared about being jobless again, or being homeless. Beyond dealing with that situation itself, I would have to tackle weight maintenance with a rocky lifestyle.

I confess that I still think that my family has control over my body, although I established low-contact boundaries with them, but I don't even know if that means anything because I think that my mother is chemcally imbalanced but won't do anything about it, except take it out on people.

I confess that 99.999999999999% of my deep dark thoughts/confessions fade once I get to goal weight. I don't resolve them - they just go away. I would still cry in the dressing room at my fattest no matter what nice things I tell myself. I no longer cry when I get thinner because...I am thinner. Not because I got stronger or anything.

faye242
12-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I confess that part/a lot of my desire to lose weight is to show my ex h what an idiot he was... that I am still beautiful and sexy and can look fabulous...

which is totally ridiculous, as my weight is less than his and had no part in our divorce....and its the best thing for me as I am happier, thinner and far more content now anyway...

and I confess that I am super jealous of my best mate who has lost 5 stone and looks amazing...I am genuinely in awe of her and so proud of her but honestly I am jealous too...

jitterfish
12-16-2013, 03:32 PM
I confess that at times on this weight reduction journey I have self sabotaged because the closer to goal I get the further away it feels and I'm tired of trying. So I decide to just give up, and I regain and hide in denial for awhile saying "I'm maintaining, its just a little gain", last time it was a 30lb denial which I've just shed, back to where I was Sep last year. But again I want to give up.

abcunnin
12-21-2013, 05:30 AM
I confess that the reason I'm not trying to have kids is because I'm too fat and unhealthy. I confess that I am letting my poor eating habits keep me from growing my family and I'm just watching the time tick away while I eat junk, because it makes me feel better in the moment.

I confess that I know better, yet I continue to tell myself that I'll fix it all tomorrow.

I confess that I only put up pictures of myself when I was thin and healthy, because it helps me pretend it isn't THAT bad.

Finch13
12-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I confess that I've been 'on a diet' since I was 16! I'm only now starting to learn how to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle instead of crash-dieting and ending up heavier than before.

I confess that I hope being slimmer will counteract the fact that I'm starting to look older and sometimes feel my best years are behind me :-/

grinchygirl
01-08-2014, 12:11 AM
I confess that I used to tell myself that I shouldnt have to lose the weight to get a guy and that I would only feel comfortable knowing he loved me for me not because of my body. I've been with mr right for over 3 years and I still havent changed. No more excuses.

AllyG47
01-08-2014, 03:13 PM
I confess that the main reason I am losing weight is so I'll get more attention from the opposite sex. I'm 30 years old and have never been asked out. When I walk down the isles at the hardware store, guys literally run to get away from me. I have never been on a date, I've never had a boyfriend, I've never held hands with a guy, I've never cuddled with a guy, I've never kissed a guy and I've never slept with a guy. I don't even know how to have a conversation with a guy. My brother and my dad are the only guys I ever talk to. The thought of going on a date terrifies me because I know they will be judging me. They won't like me if I'm fat. I see these sexy athletes and movie stars on TV and they always have supermodel wives. The stick skinny women with long blonde hair, big boobs, tiny waists and expensive designer jewelery and clothes. I get jealous of them. Not for their clothes and jewelry but the fact that they have an amazing man by their side. I want that. I want to marry a nice guy who is talented, smart, funny and sexy. Someone who will treat me like a queen. If they are rich, that's even better because we could give our kids a better life but, to be honest, I don't even really care about that. I look at the guys who I think would be perfect for me and I see their supermodel wives and I think to myself that the only way I'm going to be able to get a guy like that is by looking like a supermodel. Deep down, I know it's not true but it's everywhere - in magazines, movies, books, etc. Even my mom once said that she was glad she met my dad when she was skinny because he wouldn't have asked her out if she was fat like she is now. I really don't want to be a 40 year old virgin as I'm already embarrassed enough being a 30 year old virgin. I would also like to start a family before I turn 35. So I'm losing the weight as fast as I can so I can attract the man of my dreams. I just hope he's not already taken.

underanalysis
01-08-2014, 03:24 PM
I confess that I sometimes wish I'd never lost weight at all.

When I was a chubby size 12, I simply was. No one pressured me to change my body. When I walked into stores, I knew what size I was, and if something didn't fit, I knew it was that garment, not me.

After losing weight, I have always felt so much pressure to keep it off. I feel like every 5 lb gain is obvious to those around me. When I go into stores, I never know what will fit and have to adjust size wildly depending on where and how the item should fit and the store/brand it's from.

In some ways I was actually happier with my body when I was a chubby 16 year-old.

noshoes
01-12-2014, 04:47 AM
I confess I want to be lighter than my husband and I like that I am getting there.

I confess that I worry that I will look weird if I lose too much weight. I also worry about loose skin.

Becky Quilts
01-14-2014, 06:39 PM
I tend to self-sabotage, basically thinking "eff it" if I want another treat. I admit I hate that my mom judges me as too thin, even though I'm still overweight. I'm scared that if I do lose more weight that I will gain it back again, my whole family is very overweight. I feel like I'm locked into that destiny too somehow. I'm afraid that if I don't lose now that I won't be able to later in life. I'm afraid that I won't be able to cross that 160 mark. I hate how hard that is when others my height seem to sail right pass it. I hate starting something with all the enthusiasm in the world only to give up a day or two in. I am inconsistent at so much and I don't like that. I can tend to be a perfectionist. I want to lose weight before I run my May road race and I'm afraid that I won't get there. I know that slow and steady wins the race but I get sucked into the "hard but quick" stories and methods. I want to be a good, healthy example for my children, especially my daughter.

GoingForGold82
01-16-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm scared that when I lose the weight I will be just as insecure as I am right now - maybe even more so. And because of that fear, I tend to self-sabotage so I never have to find out.

FitBegins
01-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Okay.

I confess that:
Sometimes I self sabotage myself on this journey because I simply get fed up and am sick of "trying".

I am worried that once I hit my goal weight, I'll be a totally different person. Without my weight to hide behind, I'll have no reason NOT to go for all the things I really want. And some of those things will drastically change my lifestyle and my relationships. But at the same time, I'm scare I might NOT change. I might still be me. And currently, that's not something I want to be.

Aunty Jam
01-23-2014, 04:13 PM
My confession..... I once reached my goal of 140 (goal weight back then)... but I got sick of watching everything I ate and working out every day so I stopped. I decided it was just easier to be fat. Now that I'm fat again I hate it and I'm kicking myself for doing what I swore I would not.

I upped my goal weight by 10 pounds and I no longer care that someones scale says I have to weigh under 150 in order not to be over weight. I'm hoping this will be easier to keep once I get there.

I feel like I failed and am terrified that I'll fail again. I think part of the reason I gave up was becaue I was afraid I would really try and not be able to keep the weight off.

So take it from me! Keep moving and don't quit!!!!

(I'm also ticked all the cute clothes I bought when I was skinny look like carp now!)

Paulitens
01-23-2014, 04:49 PM
My confession is that even though it is totally out there and it seems ridiculous, in the back of my mind I'm afraid that my husband won't love me anymore unless I lose weight, since he lost a lot of weight himself. It is ridiculous and totally out there now that I said it. But sometimes I wonder. :S

ShaMac
02-06-2014, 12:53 AM
I'm afraid I'll be a yoyo dieter until I finally give up, and I'm afraid that one day I will give up. I love food so much and I hate that about myself. I have made my goal weight twice, and while I'm not too far out of range from goal it's really been a struggle trying to stay under 150. I'm not sure why it hasn't clicked yet but I can not maintain my weight once I've met goal. No matter how hard I try, I just don't get maintenance. All I know how to do is gain, lose, and continue that cycle. It's so frustrating.

shr1nk1ngme
02-06-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm afraid I'll be a yoyo dieter until I finally give up, and I'm afraid that one day I will give up. I love food so much and I hate that about myself. I have made my goal weight twice, and while I'm not too far out of range from goal it's really been a struggle trying to stay under 150. I'm not sure why it hasn't clicked yet but I can not maintain my weight once I've met goal. No matter how hard I try, I just don't get maintenance. All I know how to do is gain, lose, and continue that cycle. It's so frustrating.

:hug: I feel the exact same way. I have reached goal SIX times, and each time I have gained it all back. But we must refuse to give up! This time I have some ideas for maintenance which will hopefully keep me on track.

One thing is to look for the inspirational ladies on this board who have been maintaining and follow them in the threads they post in. Here's a secret I have figured out: THEY ARE STILL POSTING every day. When I reach my goal this time I plan to KEEP POSTING and stay in communication with my support group.

Lurk around the maintenance boards. PM the maintainers and ask for support.

Our stats are similar, though my goal weight is lower and I am nowhere near it yet. Still, let's be maintenance buddies! We can KEEP it off this time.

PM me for ideas about maintenance. Maybe we can figure this thing out together.

sept2012
02-06-2014, 10:59 AM
As a way of keeping myself motivated, I've been watching a lot of British fat shows on YouTube like Fat Doctor, Supersize vs. Superskinny, and Secret Eaters.

I am doing this too. Anything I can get my hands on like Fat, sick and nearly dying... Extreme Makeover - Weightloss and any other documentry that comes up. I have to be super careful and take what I need to know and move on or I would be switching from diet to diet. :)

bamagirl28
02-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Hmmm....my confessions. Ok here goes!

I confess that I'm afraid that I'll lose motivation before I ever really reach my goal. I'm afraid that I'll end up doing the same thing I did last time which is reach a weight that I no longer feel grotesquely fat and settle for it rather than keep pushing to my goal. I'm also afraid that when I reach my goal, I won't be able to see a difference when I look in the mirror. Before, the only time I really could tell any difference was when I took pictures...other than the fact that I knew I was fitting into much smaller clothes.

I confess that I also worry about my boobs but for the opposite reason. I'm afraid that even when I lose weight they'll still be big. :/ The last time I was on the forum and lost around 35 lbs, I lost 4 pants sizes but my bra size only went from a 38DD to a 38D. Or so I thought. Since then, I've plugged my measurements from that time (because I'm a nerd and keep that kinda stuff in a chart) into a bra size calculator and realize I really should've been wearing a 34DDD!! Are you serious?!!

And my last confession is my snarkiest (is that even a word?) confession of all. I confess that when I lose enough weight to where I feel comfortable posting pics of me again that I want to post pics of me looking great all over my fb page so my ex bf can see what he gave up since he's with his new (and not very pretty) gf.

Ha! I guess I have one last confession. I also confess that I re-read the last confession and changed some of the wording so I didn't sound completely witchy.

Paulitens
02-11-2014, 04:19 PM
I have two confessions. They are nothing crazy, just conjectures about my future me when I shed the 64 lbs I have to go:

1) What is my body going to look like? Last time I was 132 lbs I had not had any babies, and my hips were narrower and my boobs perkier. I often think how I'm going to see myself and if I'm going to love that new body with the new curves and the new results of gravity that I did not struggle with at age 24. I confess that I am working on loving myself in this process and learning to see the beauty of my changes so I am not disappointed when I reach my goal (which, knowing me, is very likely because I'm pretty hard on myself and I scrutinize my image more than I should, perhaps).

2) I have been shying away from cameras since I started, and I have determined that I will not post any pictures of me on social media until I reach my goal (I'm one of those people who change their profile picture on Facebook rather frequently). I wonder if, when I reach my goal, I will have the guts to put myself out there and say "this is me, I lost 77 lbs!" And I wonder this because I am afraid that after I lose the weight I will be very embarrassed of who I used to be instead of focusing on the amazing fact that I have lost all that weight and that I will not be overweight. I am the kind of person who likes doing a few things out of the ordinary but doesn't like being on the limelight for them. I wonder if I will accept compliments gracefully like my husband does, or if I will just be too embarrassed to put myself out there and say "I did it."

So yeah... those are my thoughts and confessions. Maybe I shouldn't think ahead this much but honestly, I want to prepare myself emotionally and psychologically so when I reach my goal I love myself and I enjoy myself fully! I don't want to be like I used to, looking at myself in the mirror, skinny and all, thinking about how fat and ugly I was. That needs to become history.

Velvet bean
02-17-2014, 03:33 PM
I am doing this too. Anything I can get my hands on like Fat, sick and nearly dying... Extreme Makeover - Weightloss and any other documentry that comes up.
Me too. When I go to the gym, where they have mashines with little TVs or when I workourt at home, I'm always searching for a show about fat people to keep me motivated during my exercise.

Thousandsunny
02-18-2014, 10:48 AM
I am doing this too. Anything I can get my hands on like Fat, sick and nearly dying... Extreme Makeover - Weightloss and any other documentry that comes up. I have to be super careful and take what I need to know and move on or I would be switching from diet to diet. :)

I do this too! I'll watch every show/documentary I can find.

I also confess that I get jealous when I see progress pictures from people my height and similar weight who look way better than I do.

I confess that I think I'd be happier with my weight if I had bigger (read: ANY) boobs.

I confess that a large part of why I want to lose weight is so my SO can be proud to be seen with me. Which goes against everything I tell my students about being happy with who you are and only changing for yourself.