Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #1  

Red face Hey guys

Hey all, I am new to this forum only tonight so il give a quick low down on what has been going on with me. I started my journey in May as it was my partners (at the time) idea and I'd stopped smoking and was binge eating so seemed like a good idea. He used to be in great shape and started to re gain the weight again also so seemed like a good plan. It started well, I was started going to gym 4 days a week and slowly built up my fitness but carried on eating what I wished. My partner then suggested I cut out carbs to help me lose a few extra pounds and try stick to foods such like chicken, fish and eggs..all of which I quite like actually. So I started that and as expected the weight did start to come off with 2lbs or so a week. We then split up, and I carried on the diet on my own. I am now weighing in at 7st 11lbs the last time I checked. I eat my chicken, fish and eggs 6 days a week and then have my one cheat day/night...which has now ended up being me binging the whole day and night on rubbish food. What I am more worried about is where do I stop? At what weight do I stop at? I feel like I am addicted and can't even eat a packet of crisps during the week without feeling majorly upset about it afterwards :-( I'm meant to be feeling happy, but tbh I'm more unhappy than I was to begin with. I just have this fear that if I eat the odd packet of crisps or chocolate bar or even a bowl of damn porridge oats il pile on the lbs :-(

I go to gym 4days a week and burn 1500cals per session.

I'm hoping someone has been where I am now and show me a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for reading. Hope I didn't bore anyone :-)

Xx
Xsparky1x is offline   Reply With Quote