Calorie Counters - CC Halloween Challenge

View Full Version : CC Halloween Challenge

jigglefree
09-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Time for a new challenge. We can set our goals for what you are working on. Get in a different size, daily calorie limit, exercise plan, weight loss, or inches lost. We are going in the same direction and it helps to walk with someone. It would be good if you could check in daily because the more active we are with checking in the more we help each other.

Anyone is welcomed to join the challenge. Let's have some fun!!

Looking forward to making progress with everyone.

jigglefree
09-09-2013, 06:39 AM
My goals are simple and I'm going to do them.

- Drop 2 inches in my waist.
- Zumba 3 times a week.
- Drink 2 liters of water daily.
- Complete my Daily Crunch Challenge

Emme
09-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Great challenge! I just started counting calories again, so it helps me to have a daily check-in.

My goals for this challenge include:

- Eating between 1600-1750 calories per day.
- Working out 3-4 times a week. With a 1 year old at home, that's all I'm doing for right now.
- I would also like to lose 8 pounds. That's one pound a week.

I enjoy counting calories, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I eat over occasionally. Life happens. For example, I am going out to eat Wednesday night with a friend. I've already looked up the nutrition/calories and I know what I'll be getting, but it will put me over. I'm determined to have a healthy mindset throughout this process. I have a tendency to self-sabotage, so I'm going to stay focused and work through it.

CalCounter1003
09-09-2013, 06:45 PM
My goals:
Stick to 1400 calories each day, with once a week over by a 200.
Walk 18-20 miles a week.

Got a trip to NYC to visit my daughter last weekend in Sept so I'm not going to stick to it then. Won't go crazy but the main thing is the minute I get back jump back on board. But I'm so happy I can fit into my pants for that trip!

AngieRR1022
09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
My goals:

Stick to 1200-1450 calories a day 6 days a week, once a week no more than 1600.
Walk 1 mile per day at least 6 days per week
Be able to fit into a size 12 jeans :) (currently in a 14)

Emme
09-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Good morning, everyone. I ate 1715 calories which felt good. I was starving before bedtime (not really, just in my head), so I had a few goldfish crackers and called it a night.

I hope everyone has a great day today. It's supposed to be 98 outside today, so no runs for me tonight.

staja
09-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I think a challenge would be just the thing to keep me accountable!

1) stick to 1300 - 1500 calories a day, with 2-3 planned cheat days (I have a birthday coming up - no use setting myself up for failure!)
2) work out 45 minutes at least 5 days a week, with 2 weight sessions
3) Comfortably fit back in my size 14 jeans :) I can zip them up and wear them now, but i feel like a stuffed sausage by the end of the day!

I've been within plan since Sunday and I've worked out once already. I plan on doing weights and then elliptical tonight at the gym!

MarjorieMargarine
09-10-2013, 08:11 PM
ok I'm in!

I would like to be down 10 lbs by Halloween.

I've been off the wagon lately and am just now getting back into the swing of things.

Today, I was really, really craving fast food. I wanted to go to Jack-in-the Box and binge, but I got on the scale instead and it was enough to keep me from going. I made myself a sandwich instead. I felt the craving coming back again really badly around dinner time. I decided that I would go to Chick-fil-a and get a salad and a cup of soup, which I did (and it was delicious). I still have about 450 calories of my 1600 left to go for today. One of my major problems has been drinking. When I drink, I consume a LOT of calories, and my guard is let down and I eat way too much. It's amazing how far I can get my calorie budget to go during the day with just a few good decisions!

Hopefully the 10 lbs will be enough to push me down a size. Staja- I'm super jealous you can wear a 14. We're the same weight, I'm 5'8", and I'm definitely a 16, often an 18.

tefrey
09-11-2013, 01:41 AM
My goals for Halloween are:

Be down to 193 pounds.
Exercise at the rec center at least three days a week for one hour.
Try a Zumba class at the rec center.
Walk 30 minutes on my non-rec center days.
Keep net calories around 1200.
Fit into my wedding ring again!

jigglefree
09-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Good morning. I drank all my water yesterday but my eating was way off. I did get my crunches done for yesterday. I'm going to be getting my crunches and Zumba done today as well as I'm going to stick strictly to 1800 calories today. I won't yield to the night time eating bug. I'm on track for getting all my water in today. As long as I start my day with water before I eat anything I usually get all my water in before 7pm. It is my goal to make sure I get it all in before 7pm so I'm not up all night going to the bathroom.

Have an awesome on plan day today!!!

staja
09-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Good morning!

Yesterday I managed to stick to my calories (although, during the week, it's not as much of an issue for me - I can only eat what I pack :)). I also did my 20ish minutes weight routine and re-started C25K for the third time, so I only need 1 more weight session and 3 more cardio days this week.

MarjorieMargarine - it's a blessing and a curse! It takes me a huge loss to see any change in clothing sizes, and it makes it way easier to elude myself about my weight! At my highest weight, I was in size 22...I was almost 300 pounds, but it wasn't so bad, because you know...size 22.

Emme
09-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Good morning! I ate 200 calories more than my range yesterday, but I'm ok with that. I was honestly really hungry and after I ate, I felt much better and very satisfied. I enjoy calorie counting, but I'm not going to make myself live a horrible existence and not eat something if my body is truly hungry.

It's interesting because I'm an emotional eater, but now that I'm counting calories again, I'm paying attention to when I am really hungry...not just when I want to eat because I want to.

FunSize
09-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Can I join in?
My goal for Halloween would be to lose 10lbs.. that is a little over 1lb a week!

CalCounter1003
09-11-2013, 06:56 PM
It is my goal to make sure I get it all in before 7pm so I'm not up all night going to the bathroom.

I can relate to that! The first couple weeks of my diet I started drinking tons of water, after quitting diet soda and I was up every hour at night! Luckily it was summer and I wasn't teaching. But I don't want to do that again.

Emme
09-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi everyone. Yesterday was a better calorie day at 1762. It seems like I am hungriest at the end of the day, but maybe I need to eat heavier foods during the day to fill me up. It's all trial and error. Have a great day!

staja
09-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Good morning all!

Had a good on-plan day yesterday! Stayed within calories and did 30 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes on the rowing machine - I forgot how much work the rowing machine was!

Best of all, when I weighed in this morning, I was down 2.8 pounds! My short term goal is to get back down to ONE-derland, and my (first) long term goal is to get back down to 100 lbs lost and maintain there for awhile.

I do have a no-bake cookie sitting at my desk, but I hope to just look at it for today and plan it into my daily calories tomorrow. Does that make me weird

Emme
09-13-2013, 10:46 AM
staja, that's awesome!! Good for you for being on plan and for doing all that exercise. And that's great that you are down 2.8 pounds! Keep up the good work. You'll be in onederland before you know it. I had to laugh about your no-bake cookie...sometimes it's fun to gaze at things knowing you'll be able to have it later, haha.

CalCounter1003
09-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I do have a no-bake cookie sitting at my desk, but I hope to just look at it for today and plan it into my daily calories tomorrow. Does that make me weird
Haha! No, just a planner!

So I have been doing well on my calorie counting and staying within my limits but today I realized I had been making an error for a couple weeks! I use My Fitness Pal. I pretty much eat the same lunch Mon thru Fri. I'm a teacher and not a lot of time for lunch. So I had saved a meal on my fitness pal which was my lunch salad. Big salad with grapes, balsamic dressing and chicken. Every day I pick that meal without reading it. One day a couple weeks ago I knew I'd be going out to dinner and I didn't eat the chicken for lunch and I must have saved the meal that way. So every day I've been adding in that lunch without looking. I was wondering why I seemed to have extra calories at night! Some days I got the warning that I was under 1200 calories. So I started having a little weight watcher dessert, or fruit, etc at night.
Tonight I am eating out again and thought I'd skip the chicken at lunch. So I go to erase it and its not there. I go back over the past two weeks and its never there!
It's only about 120 calories, but still... And I tell my students not to be careless.

My weight loss has stopped the past 10 days... But I wasn't worried, I just figured it was a little plateau and that it would drop in a few days.

Luka822
09-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Mind if I join as well? My goal is to stay on plan (1300 calories per day and 4 visits to the gym per week) and reach 167 pounds.

jigglefree
09-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey everyone. This has been a very busy week but I'm doing well and staying on plan. I should be more preset this coming week. I'm expecting a very productive challenge!!

Emme
09-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi Luka! Welcome!

I haven't been feeling 100%, but that has helped curb my appetite...guess that's a good thing. Hope you all had a nice Saturday.

carebearcm89
09-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Glad I found this post! I want to join!! My goals for Halloween are the following

1.) Count my calories daily
2.) Eat between 1600-1700 Calories a day
3.) Lose 10lbs.
4.) Jog everyday and walk 30 minutes everyday
5.) Drink more water
6.) Check In on this post daily!

That is a lot of goals... I can do it!
Good Luck everyone!

zweezers
09-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi I would love to join your challenge too! I was on IP but am finding it not sustainable in the long term.... So here I am! I have finally figured out that pizza is most definitely my trigger food. This weekend has not been good:( at least I've figured it out and will stay away!
I'm looking forward to losing 10-15lbs by Halloween, exercising daily and also checking this thread daily. Good luck everyone!

CrabNebula
09-15-2013, 11:56 PM
My goals are to:

1) Stick between 1600-1700 calories a day.
2) Not to go overboard on my vacation in two weeks.
3) Try to walk 4.25 miles 4-5 days a week.
4) Be in the high 180s by Halloween.

I did have a calorie counting problem today and yesterday. I went to a restaurant with no nutritional info posted so I really have no idea how much I ate. I got a beef teriyaki bento box and I think it was probably in the 1000-1200 calorie range. I ate half of it yesterday and half of it today and hope I am right with my estimates. :/ Otherwise, I should be good for the next few weeks knowing what I am eating.

staja
09-16-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi all and welcome to the new folks!

I hit my workout goal for last week, so yay! But, weekends are definitely an issue with the staying on plan - I had a very binge-y weekend, mostly due to boredom and TOM :( However, going to accept and move on.

I know this weekend won't be on plan, either. My birthday is on Saturday. My coworkers are huge on "treats", so that'll be Friday, my boyfriend and I will be out on Saturday, and his parents will be taking us out on Sunday. I hate birthday weekend!

Going to continue the workout routine, and over the weekend, I'll eat light, so I can taste some birthday treats, (I'm thinking salads and brothy soups).

Have a great day!

carebearcm89
09-16-2013, 02:33 PM
I am just checking in with yesterday's results. Yesterday I ate over my calorie limit by 100 calories. I was a little bummed out about that. I jogged in the morning and then made my boyfriend go walking with me in the afternoon. It felt nice outside in NC for once the heat was not unbearable, makes me excited for autumn, and I drank over 8 cups of water. All in all it was a good day except for my calories.

Have a great day everyone!

CalCounter1003
09-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Just checking in. Did exercise yesterday, and today early!
Stayed within my range. Was down a pound this morning. I was the same for two weeks so very happy to see scale move 1.5 in the past 4 days. :carrot:

staja
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
CalCounter, that's awesome!

I was back on track yesterday for calories, and I did the whole gym thing. I brought the wrong sneakers, though and it made my C25K training really painful! I never put too much thought into which sneakers I should wear for what! I have one pair that I wear indoors and outdoors, and a second pair that's gym-only (they don't like outdoor shoes in the exercise classroom). I wore the indoor-outdoor ones yesterday, and they just don't have the support I need for "running". I'll plan better for tonight!

Now, I need to continue to stay on track...I made the mistake of peeking at the scale this morning, and I was not very happy with what it said.

MarjorieMargarine
09-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Have been having trouble committing...I am hovering back at 220. :(

The last two days I got a friend on board with me. We are texting each other frequently during the day with our cravings/struggles and successes. So far it is helping a lot. I think, "I really want taco bell, but I know he's not going to eat crap for lunch, I shouldn't either."

I've been under calories AND I haven't smoked a cigarette. Let's see if we can keep the streak going!

staja
09-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Ok, bad day today...no exercise, no staying on track with food.

There is a small part of me wondering if calorie counting isn't, dare I say it, restrictive enough... I mean, I know I want to be able to eat as many foods as I want, within my calories...but I just get carried away with pretty much everything candy and sweet and dessert related. After this weekend, I may need to look into restricting sweet stuff. That seems to be my trigger.

zweezers
09-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi all I've been doing well, did a 4km walk yesterday and tonight was a 40 minute yoga video. My muscles are sore already! I've been within my limits but am wondering if I should up my calories... I'm at 1300 right now but am now exercising daily. Have a great night everyone!

LisaLou
09-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Hi all. I'd like the join the challenge. My goal is going to be simple to start with. Right now, I just want to track my calories every day and stay under my calorie goal. I'd also like to commit to 3-4 days a week of exercise.

I need to get back and track and stay there. I can't let a bad day implode my success.

LisaLou
09-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Good morning! I've got an odd success this morning, but any success is worth holding onto. When I put in my updated weight yesterday, I was making a guess at where I was. This morning I did an official weigh in and it was almost 3 pounds lighter than my guess. :carrot:

Feeling motivated and ready to roll. Have a great day!

CrabNebula
09-18-2013, 11:59 AM
I've been staying on track. I said I was going to wait until Friday to weigh myself again, but I failed. I swore it would be higher because I have been drinking like I have never seen liquid before, but I lost a pound since last Friday anyway.

As soon as I get my kid on the bus, I am off for my 4 mile walk and then home to eat lunch and off to the dentist for one of four deep cleaning sessions. Ugh. One of the other effects of eating so much garbage for so many years, trashed teeth.

CalCounter1003
09-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Good morning! I've got an odd success this morning, but any success is worth holding onto. When I put in my updated weight yesterday, I was making a guess at where I was. This morning I did an official weigh in and it was almost 3 pounds lighter than my guess. :carrot:

Feeling motivated and ready to roll. Have a great day!

That's great! My weight seems to fluctuate so much. When I hit a new low I always add it to my tracker, but then the next day it almost always goes back up! I don't put the up weight on my tracker, I just wait for it to go back down.

NETZI81
09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I am new to counting calories and I am super excited about this challenge. It gives me a date to work towards and since it's 6 weeks away and I am starting out slow I want to lose 6 lbs by Halloween. I want to exercise at least 2x a week to start with. Good luck to everyone!

Emme
09-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey, all! Hope you're doing great. I need to kick my own butt and get back into the habit of exercising. I just started TOM yesterday and I'm just wiped out. I want to just sit around and do nothing.

GorgeousBabe
09-19-2013, 02:24 PM
My goal is:

1. Lose 65lbs by my 21st B-Day next September
2. Drop down from a size 16 in pants to a size 3-5
3. Be Healthier
4. Being able to look at myself in the mirror again!!!
And last but not least feeling sexy!!

GorgeousBabe
09-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Have been having trouble committing...I am hovering back at 220. :(

The last two days I got a friend on board with me. We are texting each other frequently during the day with our cravings/struggles and successes. So far it is helping a lot. I think, "I really want taco bell, but I know he's not going to eat crap for lunch, I shouldn't either."

I've been under calories AND I haven't smoked a cigarette. Let's see if we can keep the streak going!
That`s the problem... I smoke ciggs also and i noticed that when I stop smoking I eat more and crave more.. that`s why i don`t want to quit, cause if i do, i know ill gain so much more weight just by eating junk food.. I know a lot of people say smoking is bad especially when your exercising, cause you lose your breath easily, but the way that i think of it is, if i quit i eat, if i eat i gain, and if i gain i give up, and I`m not letting my habit interfere with my goal! you know what i bought, i bought the whole collection of Zumba!! and i tell you what!!! It`s the most funnest way to lose the weight! cause time goes by really quick and your soo busy that you don`t care about the time anyhow, and you get soo motivated and soo pumped!!! I do my CD`s every day and I`m seeing some results already withing my first week, I`m more toner and not as flabby anymore!! and more stiff! you should try it out!! I Bet you`ll love it!! By the way before you even eat or do any excersize go on google and type in BMI calculator! it will tell you exactly how much to lose from your height and weight, and it will tell you how many calories you should intake and burn off, for example if you in take 2500 calories, you have to burn 500 calories more to lose a pound.. yes losing 3500 calories you do lose a pound but everyone is different it goes by how many calories you intake.. the one thing you really have to worry about eating is grease, oil, fast food and everything..as long as your eating veggies, meats, and fruits your good..!! :)

LisaLou
09-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm not going to pretend to understand what it's like to quit smoking as I've never gone through that. I've supported loved ones while they have, but I can't say I understand. I did have a few thoughts while I read your message, though. I thought maybe I'd share them as food for thought.

If you wait to quit until you're at your goal weight, are you concerned about how that will impact you? I would worry more about gaining my weight back than I would be about losing at a slower pace. If you quit while you're in your healthy mindset, do you think it would help you to make better choices? Isn't the reason that people gain weight when they quit smoking due to the fact they then snack more as they are trying to get the oral fix or is there a chemical reason for it? I'm thinking if it's the snacking and you're in you're in a good, healthy mindset, you would then be more diligent about grabbing a healthy snack. That could help with the weight gain. Plus, think about how much better your food will taste! ;)

Again, please don't think I'm trying to be an expert on this. I'm pretty clueless. I just wanted to share some thoughts that I had while I read your post. I think your goals are great and a year to lose 65 pounds is totally doable.

staja
09-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Happy Thursday!

So, I was down .2 lbs at today's weigh in....which is more than I could hope for this week, as I've been pretty unhealthy. I've decided on Monday, September 23, that I need to cut out refined carbs and be even more strict with myself. Otherwise, I totally rationalize eating candy for breakfast, because it's within my calories!

Exercise has been happening, though! I wore the right shoes for running yesterday - I can't believe how big of a difference they make! I've also been consistently lifting twice a week, so I'm getting stronger!

CrabNebula
09-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Another good day. I think my stomach is shrinking. I thought for sure I would finish my plate of whole wheat spaghetti tonight because I was so hungry, but I could only finish a third of it and I was full. I put the rest of it in the fridge in case I changed my mind, but nope, still don't want it.

CalCounter1003
09-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Another good day. I think my stomach is shrinking. I thought for sure I would finish my plate of whole wheat spaghetti tonight because I was so hungry, but I could only finish a third of it and I was full. I put the rest of it in the fridge in case I changed my mind, but nope, still don't want it.

Isn't it amazing when that happens?! I have been weighing my chicken and meats so that I count the calories right. I've been shocked to see how little 4 oz is! After several years of SB and other low carb eat all meat diets I had gotten used to big portions. What's more amazing is the amount of food restaurants serve! Of course I could eat it all! But just eyeing it now and realizing it is double the amount I should eat, I don't eat it all.

I'm down 2.5 this week! I'm shocked! I was the same for about two weeks. But tonight's my eat out night and go over calories day, so the scale may show a rise tomorrow, but that's ok, got to trick my metabolism!

Sum38
09-20-2013, 06:32 PM
May I join in?

Goals are
- Eat 1200-1500 cal per day
- Walk 4-5 x week
- Lift 2-3 x week
- Swim 1 x week
- Drop 6-7 pounds;
SW 156.4
GW 149.8

LisaLou
09-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone! So far, I'm doing well this week. On my way to meeting my Halloween goal of staying on track.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I struggle so much on the weekends, but I'm going to try to enjoy my weekend and make good choices.

Sum38
09-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Yesterday I ended at 1200 calories. No exercise because I was sick.

Today I am saving most of my calories for dinner. It is DS's bday and we are doing Mexican. I am a bit nervous about it because of all the sodium.

SW 156.4
CW 156.6
GW 149.8

skinnyki
09-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Hello all I would like to join in the challenge for Halloween! My goal is to loose 10lb by Halloween. Lets Go!!!

CalCounter1003
09-22-2013, 04:27 PM
The weekend isn't over, but it is going good so far. I ate out both Friday and Saturday nights but was able to get decent salads. I just had to estimate the calories because these weren't chains with the calories available, but it has gone pretty well.

I got a new cookbook at Sams a few weeks ago -- it is "quick and light crock pot meals". I have been making two meals on Sundays to help me have things planned for the week. I am a full time teacher and I teach at two different colleges adjunct so I am very busy. I know it sounds crazy but it is just temporary. Anyway, having these meals prepared on Sunday really helps me not throw in the towel being too hungry during the week. There are only two of us at home (hubby and me) - kids grown/away at college- so two crock pot meals gets us through many meals. The only little problem with crock pot meals is dividing it up. For example, it might say serves 6 or serves 8. Well, I'm not going to divide my big crock pot meal into 6 or 8 servings -- or measure it out. Plus hubby eats more than me. So I just have to estimate, but it's working out well. Usually I have some leftover that I freeze for another week.

Sum38
09-22-2013, 04:30 PM
I ate more than I intended at the Mexican restaurant, but I think I stayed under 2000 calories for the day. With my exercise, I ended up burning nearly 2400 cal, so all is well.

LisaLou
09-23-2013, 12:10 PM
So glad it's Monday---how often do we say that?!?! Weekends are such a struggle for me.. I did pretty well on Saturday but a little off on Sunday. Hoping that by staying on top of my water today and staying on track will help me stabilize from the weekend damage.

On a fun note, when I completed my daily calories on Saturday, MFP told me that if every day were like that day, I'll be in Onderland in 5 weeks....just in time for Halloween. :carrot: When I set my Halloween goal, I guess I didn't realize I was that close!

Sum38
09-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Sunday was a good day calorie wise; 1200 cal. No exercise tho.

SW 156.4
CW 153.8
GW 149.8

triptriptrip
09-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey everyone, hope it's not too late to join :)

I'd really like to be in the 180s by halloween and I am currently at 198. It's been about 9 months since I last saw 189 on the scale and I miss it so much. My other goal is to stay under 1500 cals consistently. I was able to go out and eat with my friends and stay under at least that, so it shouldn't be too bad.

skinnyki
09-23-2013, 09:46 PM
My Halloween challenge is to lose 10lbs by Halloween well actually it is 9lbs :) my other goal is to stay away from the Halloween candy or at least only have couple of miniature size candy bars. That shouldn't be too hard my kids are stingy anyway lol. Good luck everyone cant wait until Halloween when we all can post are triumphs.:carrot:

Sum38
09-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Calories in 1700.
Exercise; 4.7 mile fast walk.

SW 156.4
CW 154.4
GW 149.8

Up 0.6 pounds

CalCounter1003
09-24-2013, 06:05 PM
On a fun note, when I completed my daily calories on Saturday, MFP told me that if every day were like that day, I'll be in Onderland in 5 weeks....just in time for Halloween. :carrot: When I set my Halloween goal, I guess I didn't realize I was that close!

That's great! It will be here before we know it!

LisaLou
09-25-2013, 12:26 PM
How is everyone doing on their Halloween goal? 5 weeks from tomorrow and Halloween is here!

I'm staying on track, which was my goal. I struggled to get my water in yesterday, but it ended up being a stressful one. If that's the only place I slipped up, then it's still a success in my book!

Have a great day and drink up! :D

Sum38
09-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Calories 1750
Exercise; 4.7 mile walk

SW 156.4
CW 154.6
GW 149.8

Up .2 lbs

CalCounter1003
09-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Calories 1300 and 3 mile walk. I only drink water so I don't have trouble getting it in anymore. I used to drink about 6 cans of soda a day and maybe one water. Now it's all water!

LisaLou
09-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Calories 1300 and 3 mile walk. I only drink water so I don't have trouble getting it in anymore. I used to drink about 6 cans of soda a day and maybe one water. Now it's all water!

Isn't it great when you realize you don't "need" soda anymore?

CalCounter1003
09-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Isn't it great when you realize you don't "need" soda anymore?

Yes, it is such a freeing feeling. :celebrate: I know that sounds weird to anyone who hasn't ever been addicted to soda. But I spent a lot of time searching for my favorite soda to be on sale. Then buying at least 4 12 packs a week. Dragging them home, into work, always worrying if I was low on them... Such a monkey off my back! I used to get a lot of headaches, at least 5 a week. Now, I rarely get a headache. I think it's fine if you can drink them in moderation, but I cannot!

I leave early tomorrow to go visit my daughter in New York city. So I will not be watching my calories during this 3 days very closely. But I won't go completely crazy either!

Sum38
09-26-2013, 09:10 AM
I had a bad day :( I think I ate 2500-3000 cals. I did not tally up.

SW 156.4
CW 155.8
GW 149.8

LisaLou
09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Have a great NY trip!

Sorry you had a bad day, Sum. I hope today is better. I'm impressed with your miles ticker! Keep it up!

LisaLou
09-27-2013, 11:07 AM
It's a great day. Down 2 pounds this morning and it's "tailgate party" day at work, so I'm wearing a pretty casual outfit. It's a little more form fitting and feeling a little thinner. I'm not going to expect anything, but secretly hoping for a compliment. :)

Sum38
09-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Another day NOT OP :( Need to break this eating cycle.

SW 156.4
CW 155.8
GW 149.8

Sum38
09-28-2013, 12:01 PM
OP Day :dance: I cut the bad cycle. Scale did not reward me though :(

1450 Cals in, nearly 2400 cals burned.

SW 156.4
CW 157.2
GW 149.8

tehshort1
09-28-2013, 12:12 PM
During my first trimester I was so tired and bleh that I barely did anything all 14 weeks. Now that I am at 16 weeks and feeling better I feel its time to get back on the horse. I especially feel bad for my DH, we normally walk together and so he hasn't really done much either for the 3 months and has gained back 20#! course wedding and a 6 day honeymoon didn't help!

So my goal is simple, eat at home (healthy) and get back out walking 3-5 times a week.

Sum38
09-30-2013, 12:00 PM
1200 cals

SW 156.4
CW 155.4
GW 149.8

CalCounter1003
09-30-2013, 07:07 PM
1200 cals

SW 156.4
CW 155.4
GW 149.8

Awesome! It's so great you got back on program. Soooooo easy to give up and go the other way!

I had a fun trip to New York City this past weekend. Walked a lot, ate a lot, laughed a lot! Scale said I am up two pounds, but I think since I'm back on plan today it will go back down soon. Only thing is my birthday is Thursday and I will probably have cake both Thurs and Friday.

Sum38
10-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks Sharon. Somehow I was able to cut the ungly downfall that usually happens :crossed:

Where is everybody??

Cals in 1450
SW 156.4
CW 155
GW 149.8

LisaLou
10-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Weekend is over! I hate how difficult it is for me to stay OP over the weekend. I need to do a better job at getting the healthy foods stocked up. Oh well, back to my daily schedule after an unexpected "sick day" with one of my kiddos yesterday.

It's October 1st! 30 days left of this goal period. Let's finish strong!:carrot:

CalCounter1003
10-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Well my calories have not been too far over but today was my birthday so I had cake yesterday and today. Actually today is a day I teach all day at a HS then teach at a local college from 5-10,so I didn't have dinner. So instead had two cupcakes my husband had bought when I got home just now. No idea on calories so I just input 500 in MFP for those. Tomorrow we celebrate with family so more cake! Oh well, I will be back to normal on Saturday I hope! I feel so good that my clothes are fitting and I know I am not way over calories even with this cake because I did cut out some other food.

4 weeks till Halloween! We can do it! One day at a time, or one meal at a time!

Sum38
10-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Happy Birthday, Sharon!!

--------

I ate out yesterday but I only had a salad with shrimp, so I stayed within my calories. I am generously estimating the meal to be around 500 cal.

1200-1300 cals
SW 156.4
CW 153.4
GW 149.8

Sum38
10-05-2013, 09:25 AM
A little under 1200 cals in
A little over 2200 cals out. A great day!

SW 156.4
CW 153.2
GW 149.8

CalCounter1003
10-05-2013, 11:11 AM
A little under 1200 cals in
A little over 2200 cals out. A great day!

SW 156.4
CW 153.2
GW 149.8
Wow, 2200 out! That's amazing.

Hopefully the birthday celebrations are over for me! 3 days in a row of cake, and it's not like I'm all into celebrating my birthday at 52! But it just so happened I saw different people on different days and cakes kept showing up. Today I'm having a lunch with a friend but I told her I'm only having salad and she's fine with that.
So the scale said 2 pounds up from my ticker but I'm not changing it, just leaving it until it goes down.

Have a good weekend everyone and keep Halloween in sight!

Sum38
10-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Aprx. 1400 cal out. I had sushi date night with hubby. Scale jumped because of all the sodium :(
2150 cals burned

SW 156.4
CW 154.4
GW 149.8

tefrey
10-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Time to revisit my goals!

My goals for Halloween are:

Be down to 193 pounds. I'm now at 195.6, so getting close!!!
Exercise at the rec center at least three days a week for one hour. Yup!
Try a Zumba class at the rec center. I'm still not sure my ankle is ready for this
Walk 30 minutes on my non-rec center days. Most days I'm doing it, even started a couch to 5K
Keep net calories around 1200. Yup!
Fit into my wedding ring again! Have it on right now!

So except for the Zumba class, I'm doing pretty well, and I still have a few weeks left to try one ... if my ankle holds up!

Sum38
10-07-2013, 01:44 PM
2300 cals burned
1200 cals in

SW 156.4
CW 152.8
GW 149.8

CalCounter1003
10-07-2013, 11:50 PM
2300 cals burned
1200 cals in

SW 156.4
CW 152.8
GW 149.8

Wow, that's great. I had 1200 cals in. I did a three mile DVD which I estimate to be approx 300 calories.

CalCounter1003
10-10-2013, 08:32 AM
My weight had been the same (or actually 2-3 pounds higher) ever since my trip and birthday - so for two weeks. Today it is finally down a pound! Almost forgot how to update the ticker after all this time! I would really love to get to < 170 by Halloween. Haven't seen that on the scale since ... well... since before kids (who are now 23 and 20)!

Sum38
10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Getting closer to my goal, woot!

2300 cals burned
1200 cals in

SW 156.4
CW 151
GW 149.8

CalCounter1003
10-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Getting closer to my goal,

Awesome! Me too! I'm going out tomorrow night with a friend so hopefully that won't put me way over calories. I've been very diligent and on track since 10/4 so it will be fine I think.

Sum38
10-15-2013, 07:37 PM
SW 156.4
CW 150.4
GW 149.8

CalCounter1003 One day won't matter :) Maybe even help to jolt your system a bit. Have fun!!!

Sum38
10-17-2013, 08:39 AM
I met and exceeded my Halloween goal! :dance:

SW 156.4
CW 148.6
GW 149.8

CalCounter1003
10-19-2013, 11:09 AM
I didn't have a set number for my Halloween goal but I just got below 170. First time since about 1989 I think! I have my goal for 165 which is close! I really don't think I could maintain something lower than that. (Not that I have been able to maintain something higher than that!) But, I may keep going a little lower if I can, since my BMI is still in the overweight category if I get to 165. I guess I will try to just get to where my BMI is at the very top of the healthy range.

Sum38
10-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Sw 156.4
Cw 148.6
Gw 149.8

CalCounter1003
10-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Just two days left! I am happy with my progress and quite frankly didn't expect to get below 170! Done really well with the exercise. Yay!