Weight Watchers - September chat!

View Full Version : September chat!

Jilu
09-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Hey guys, I didn't see one of these so I'm taking initiative!

Here I am! We had a massive software conversion August 20th at work. So I've been working 60+ hour/6-7 day weeks since the week before that. Things have finally calmed down a bit and it's time to get back on track.

But! Even with all that and not really tracking, I managed to be 0.2 lbs down. So I will take a maintenance.

We are still working on the getting pregnant thing, but my cycle has been really inconsistent and wonky. If nothing happens this month, I'm probably going on Clomid in September.

How is everyone? Almost a month off makes me feel like I've been gone years!

Jilu
09-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Also, I went to Dragon Con (this was my 8th year in a row) and had an absolute blast. One of the best ever, I think because I'm so much lighter than I've been in previous years and definitely more fit. Here's part of our group: Hipster Mario (sorry it's so huge!). We are missing our Peach and Luigi.
https://sphotos-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1186312_10100850977181766_2031960555_n.jpg

seabiscuit
09-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Hi,

Cute photo! Is that all of you dressed up as Super Mario Brothers? My brother and I used to play that all of the time!! :D

I just restarted WW Online recently, I joined last night so I am starting to count my points today. So far I am doing okay, I have 8 points left and it is shortly before dinner time here. I like that WW gives the weekly points allowance.

Right now, I have some issues with activity because of some foot and ankle issues, I have been seeing some surgeons about my physical issues. I hope that I can get the surgery done soon if I have to get it done. I want to be back to my more active self.

Have a great night :)

Amy :cool:

Jilu
09-13-2013, 09:36 AM
How's everyone doing this week?

I'm only down 0.4 lbs this week. But with a pig roast on Sunday for the opening Saints game, all the football watching, and being sick as a dog since Wednesday - I am a-okay with that.

I haven't had strep throat since I was a kid, but it is ridiculous. Plus side, it means I can work from home (entering orders from a work laptop). Down side, I'm not just sleeping and watching Netflix.

Krissypants29
09-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Im at 0 pounds lost this week :( .. ovulating. Kinda sucks but I know I will lose it in about 4-5 days..if I don't plateau between now and there..the suspense of not knowing lol. I should be good though. Overall it has been a good month.

DrivenByAmbition
09-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Just starting back, will post weigh in on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend.

PUPMOM5
09-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Jilu I'm in the hel* of strep right now. (In fact, the doctor was convinced it was mono but the test for strep came back positive; I'm to finish these antibiotics and if the extreme fatigue/body aches don't go away, come back in for mono.) It is awful. Luckily, I've got enough points to accommodate all the scalding hot soup I want.

Jilu
09-19-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm at about a week and a half into it and my throat is finally feeling better. Still achey/fatigued/snotty. Tried to yoga today and could not manage any poses with my head down, but coming back up.

DrivenByAmbition
09-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Hope you feel better soon. Get some rest.

smashlers
09-20-2013, 09:04 AM
I had a short stint of fevers and chills... It was awful. But I am back at it. Went to the gym yesterday, going again today. I have all my sh** together. Working full time hours and going to school is pretty hard. I have never done this before but I am really motivated to just get this degree done and start making the big bucks ::eyeroll::.

I weigh today, but I am sort of avoiding it as long as I can... I had a piece of pizza last night, against my gut telling me NO!!! So I think I might be holding on to some water.. I will give it a chance to go away.

SoMuchFattitude
09-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Jilu - I live in Atlanta! My SIL goes to DC EVERY YEAR. They are serious DC'ers and typically get featured. haha!

DrivenByAmbition
09-20-2013, 12:48 PM
1 slice of pizza shouldn't ruin your weigh in. Just go ahead (:

Jilu
09-20-2013, 07:15 PM
SoMuch: I adore DragonCon. This was my 8th year in a row to go. It's so much fun. It's our big vacation every year ;>

DrivenByAmbition
09-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Happy Saturday!!! Have you stayed on plan this week?!

Jilu
09-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I had a late night a work and lots of calls when I was on call last night. The husband and I were supposed to go on a big bike ride this morning, but it is storming like crazy. So, he let me sleep in and woke me up with a spinach, pineapple, oats and yogurt smoothie. Delicious.

It's supposed to be a super rainy weekend, so my plan is to super clean the house. Hopefully lugging around the steam cleaner will count as a work out ;)

PUPMOM5
09-24-2013, 01:56 PM
How is everybody? With a stronger commitment to WW (I drifted over to CC), I have finally left 194. Hooray! Unfortunately, I started a course of prednisone last night so I'm going to try and ride it out without a gain.

DrivenByAmbition
09-24-2013, 08:45 PM
I just wish there was more activity on these boards like there was before. I can't do this alone. :(

PUPMOM5
09-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I just wish there was more activity on these boards like there was before. I can't do this alone. :(

:( Sometimes I bounce around to other boards (20-something, 100+ club), even if it's just to read, I find I get a lot of support that way.

DrivenByAmbition
09-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Board hopping hasn't been like it was either. I feel like some of my posts go unnoticed and I was very used to people chiming in like before. I may need to search around online for other weight watchers boards. Since I am no longer on the online part of ww, that's one venue I no longer have :(

Jilu
09-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Pupmom, I feel you on the prednisone. We did massive house cleaning this weekend and all the dust/crap (on top of the nonstop rain and heat causing the mold count to jump) put me on a Medrol dose pack on Sunday. Yay, asthmatics unite!

It always hits me randomly. Sometimes I get massive hungries, sometimes not. I'm kind of middle of the road right now and hitting the hunger with raw veggie snacks so its working out okay.

The board has just been on a downtrend lately. I know I've been massively busy since pretty much the end of July and things are kind of leveling out now.

PUPMOM5
09-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Jilu, I love uniting with other asthmatics! I'm trying to put myself on the minimum I need to get through (my doctor defers to my opinion when it comes to how long, what taper, etc etc because I've been managing my asthma for 27 years now) but that tip about water retention didn't even occur to me. I've actual lost so far while on pred, but I was plateaued for so many weeks, I almost feel like my body is making up for it now.

DrivenByAmbition, it's definitely been more quiet lately. I think when someone starts a new thread, it tends to get more attention than say the Chat thread. You should start your thread about monthly goals. Sure, September is almost over, but it could be like a practice run. I never set goals other than weight loss, so that will be new for me.

forkeeps2013
09-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Hey old friends! I know, my post count is probably at 1 right now. I got a new device (remember all the problems I had typing on my tablet? Switched to an iPad with a keyboard and I'm like a new person!), but when I switched somehow I totally screwed up trying to log into my 3FC account. Locked myself out of it, and never could figure out which email address it was linked to for a password reset. So I finally started a new account. I just added 2013 to my old name, kept the same avatar picture so maybe people will remember me, lol. :)

Anyway, as for WW, I am still going strong! I had a big stall the last month or two, but was still losing a little. It was very frustrating. I don't think I'm out of the woods yet, as my loss last week was only .2 but at least it was going in the right direction.

I have slowed way down on exercise to give my body a break. I'm convinced that's what slowed me down. I got up to running about 12-15 miles a week. Now I'm back to once a week plus walking a few mornings as well.

Hope everyone is doing well. I hope to get caught up soon. :)

DrivenByAmbition
09-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Welcome back!

PUPMOM5
09-26-2013, 07:56 PM
ForKeeps, isn't that strange? I also think that working out might have significantly slowed my losses. Now that I'm not - I've been super busy and then got sick, etc - it's coming off again.

DrivenByAmbition
09-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Sometimes your body just needs a shock, a change of sorts.

seabiscuit
09-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope that all of us see better days! I have been on Prednisone before too for asthma, it amps up my appetite. Next week I have ankle arthroscopy surgery, I am nervous but so eager to get it over with.

I haven't been following WW online too much but I am glad that I have it. I need to start following it more closely, especially because after my surgery I won't be able to bare weight for a few weeks, so my activity will be very limited.

You know, I, too have noticed that most of the boards have been a bit quietier lately. I'm not sure why... I thought that WW's board are open to everyone as long as you are registered. I think the boards are free.

Take care. ;)

Amy

DrivenByAmbition
09-26-2013, 09:03 PM
I haven't seen you in a while. Nice to see some familiar faces/users returning.

seabiscuit
09-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks Ambition! :cool: You are very sweet!

I hope everyone has a good end to the week and good weekend.

Take care.

;)

forkeeps2013
09-27-2013, 02:01 PM
It seems to me like message boards everywhere are slowing down. Maybe it's just me, or just the ones I visit. But I'd like to think people are slowly getting offline and back into real life again, because I think sometimes we focus too much on the people behind the computer screen and not those in our own lives (including ourselves). At least that's how I feel personally.

PupMom: I lost a significant amount of weight a few years ago and had the same experience. I was going along great then upped my exercise level, and completely stalled. It could be anecdotal and just me, but I have to go based on what my intuition is telling me. For me, weight loss is 90% mental! :)

I ran this morning (speaking of exercise) and I have a new app which I LOVE!!! It's called Zombies, Run! and it's a game and running app all in one. You run (or walk) and "collect" supplies, then you can use the supplies to play the game later. So if you don't actually exercise, you cannot advance in the game. It's really fun, and it makes the runs/walks fun too. I am not a morning person, but this makes it easier for me to get out of bed to go run or walk and listen to today's mission.

Like I said, you could walk instead of run and that's what I've been doing most days. It is so tempting to run every day, but as I said above I think that's hampered my experiences on the scale.

Hope everyone has a great day!

DrivenByAmbition
09-27-2013, 02:26 PM
That sounds like an interesting app. Expensive?

Yeah, I just know the IP forum is booming. Just wish it were a little more active here so I can keep my head in the game. Which I have. Hit a stall... TOM blues... :(

PUPMOM5
09-27-2013, 05:04 PM
DrivenByAmbition, a TOM stall is to be expected and I always think to myself "Eh, whatever." I had two this month, it was awful. Nothing we can help! And sometimes there's a sweet whoosh afterwards that is worth waiting for.

ForKeeps, does it help you learn to run like C25K but with Zombies, or does it just want you to move someway in order to advance? Does that question make sense? My brain is a little fried today!

forkeeps2013
09-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Driven: I think it's normally $7.99 (pricey!) but I got it for half price. Not sure if it's still on sale. For me though, it's totally worth it. I love running, love zombie things, and love games. It's not really an action game, it's more of a strategy game where you build up your defenses and resources.

Pup: Not really a C25K trainer. There are 5K missions you can choose from, and you can sort of do it yourself if you need to ease into running. For example, there will be a lot of story (talking, sound effects, etc.) for awhile, then they will play a song from your playlist, then go back to the story, then a song, etc. Perhaps you can run just during the songs to start with. Personally, I would recommend an actual C25K app if you aren't running at all to start with.

DrivenByAmbition
09-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Still stalled. :/ But it's okay. Looking back at former posts, it was the same last time.

PUPMOM5
09-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I weighed in and have lost enough point. Does anyone else HATE HATE HATE that feeling? Like a trap is closing over my head! :(

forkeeps2013
09-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Driven: You will get there! I am coming off a very frustrating stall myself, and I am finally seeing the light and it's so worth sticking it out!

Pup: Yes, I hit the dreaded "lowest daily points possible" around the same time you did. It's not been bad so far because I eat almost all of my weekly points every week. But eventually I'll have to cut back on those and I'll start feeling the pinch. :)

Down 1.6 at this morning's weigh-in. Woo-hoo! I feel like I'm finally starting to get back into it. I am pumped up about it, and that's the most important thing for me, because like I said somewhere above, most of this journey is in my head.

Hubby has been out of town for the past week and won't be back until tomorrow. My kids are not breakfast eaters usually, so I made myself a big breakfast of bacon, scrambled egg, and a waffle with fruit topping. It was awesome but I actually decided against eating the last piece of bacon. That is not normal for me, as I can probably eat a whole pound of bacon usually. Yay for discipline! (sometimes, anyway)

DrivenByAmbition
09-28-2013, 11:07 AM
I get excited to lose a point. I have only made it to minimum points once and then was on my way to maintenance.

PUPMOM5
09-28-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm at 30 points now, but seeing that 1 go away was tragic. :( I'll be okay with 30 points, but it's so close to that dreaded 26!

DrivenByAmbition
09-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Yeah, 26 will be a shock for me. I may not try to go that low and stick with the 29.

DrivenByAmbition
09-28-2013, 05:32 PM
So my significant other is now 6 lbs down. Haven't made a believer out of him yet though. Unsure of what that will take! (: He's doing it week to week, just to see if it works for him. I'm in it for the long run. He's a booger, but I love him <3

DrivenByAmbition
09-29-2013, 09:00 AM
I am feeling very disheartened this morning. I'm not 201.1 anymore I am 201.7 after weight 200.6 on Monday. I know TOM makes a girl gain, but I mean I'm in day 3 and thought it would at least go down a tenth of two. I also know I am just starting back, but have never had this. :(

forkeeps2013
09-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Driven: I know what you mean about men losing weight. It seems so effortless for them. My hubby hasn't really put much effort into losing since I started, though he has been a lot more active (just isn't really watching what he eats). He is planning on finally buckling down and focusing on getting to his goal weight. A part of me is glad he waited. Now that I'm down a significant amount, we may hit our goal weights around the same time and I won't feel as frustrated as I would have if he hit his goal weight before I even got halfway there. I know it's not a competition, but it still can be frustrating.

Sorry to hear about the small gain, but it IS small, and are you weighing every day? That would drive me bananas because I would get upset over every little scale fluctuation. I prefer to wait for my weekly weigh-in, and usually all the little nuances will straighten themselves out by then. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay on plan. I noticed for the longest time I would gain every four weeks like clockwork (during ovulation I think, not necessarily TOM), and knowing that made the gains easier to deal with. In fact, now after my little plateau/stall my lose/gain schedule is no longer regular, and the unpredictability is more disconcerting than the normally "scheduled" gain.

DrivenByAmbition
09-29-2013, 12:21 PM
I hear you. It won't take much time for my honey to make goal. He's encouraging me, reassuring I've been doing the right thing. I wish I wasn't a daily weigher, but I like to see the trends. I've been searching back through my previous posts and I feel a little bit better. I think I had more confidence last time around. My official weigh in is tomorrow, and I will keep working hard.

PUPMOM5
09-29-2013, 04:33 PM
My husband will toy with the idea of being healthier, then it crashes and burns. He's around 330 and I am terrified he'll get diabetes, have a heart attack, etc but I can't bring a healthier life style up or he gets very irritated. He has his first session with a psychiatrist at the end of this month (depression issues) and my fingers are really crossed he'll do well, stick with it, and start taking better care of himself.

DrivenByAmbition
09-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Maybe he will change his mind after talking to someone. Sometimes that's all it takes.

DrivenByAmbition
09-30-2013, 07:54 AM
199.5 :)

forkeeps2013
09-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Yay, onederland!!! Good for you. :)

DrivenByAmbition
09-30-2013, 04:06 PM
It's good to be back to Onderland! Hopefully this will be the last time I will let myself get that far. No, this will be the last time I have a 2 in front of my weight. Lifestyle change.

Lindy87
09-30-2013, 05:30 PM
So excited! Restarted for the zillionth time this month and lost 10.2 lbs. Looking forward for the next month of losses.

DrivenByAmbition
09-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Great job Lindy!