General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #1  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Default Has anyone else here seen this site?

I stumbled upon www.mybodygallery.com today. You enter your height, age, weight, pants size/shirt size and shape (or as many of these as you want) and it returns to you photos of women who have the same stats so you can see what other women with those stats look like. Not in a creepy way though. I found it really interesting myself. These are self submitted photos, by the women themselves.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

On further poking around, I suggest you do not select the shape. To get maximum returns, leave the shape blank.

ETA: This website boggles my mind. To find someone who looks like me, body wise, I have to search people who are 50+ lbs heavier than I am. I don't get it. All the people my actual height/weight look MUCH thinner than I do. I put in just my height and pants size, and everyone returned was much heavier than I am. I don't understand how someone the same height, same pants size can look so much thinner/fitter than I do, when I weigh 20-50lbs less than they do? Odd!

Last edited by MauiKai; 09-17-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #3  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I've played around with that site before, very interesting stuff!

It also serves as a reminder to how extreme of an apple shape I am, even when leaving the shape blank when doing a search. Everyone at my height and weight say they wear a smaller size than I do, and I know I'd be there too if my weight wasn't mostly carried in my stomach.

Last edited by Elladorine; 09-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #4  
Aloha nui loa

Well looking around the site, even if I somehow made it down to 130lbs, I'm not sure I would look the way most of them do! Haha

Last edited by MauiKai; 09-17-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Well looking around the site, even if I somehow made it down to 130lbs, I'm not sure I would look the way I would like to.
Does anyone?

But in all seriousness, body shapes massively vary. It's fun to check out figures with similar stats to your own goals, but of course your mileage may vary. You might even end up looking better than you'd think though! I'm admittedly totally lost on how I'd look thin since I've literally been obese my entire life.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #6  
Aloha nui loa

The thing that gets me, is that the photos who have nearly identical stats to mine, all look thin and nice. I look rather lumpy, and jiggly.

Last edited by MauiKai; 09-17-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #7  

Quote:
The thing that gets me, is that the photos who have nearly identical stats to mine, all look thin and nice. I look lumpy, and jiggly. What makes me so odd?
It's possible they used the most flattering photos they had; photos are not often truthful about our appearance. It's also possible that you're carrying your weight a little differently since you've already lost some weight. It's not a bad thing though! You can always work on tightening and toning, and what's most important is to be healthy.

I'm planning on surgery sometime after reaching and maintaining my goal; I already have a lot of excessive loose skin/sagging due to my loss thus far and can't even begin to imagine what another 60 or so pounds is going to do to my figure.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #8  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
ETA: This website boggles my mind. To find someone who looks like me, body wise, I have to search people who are 50+ lbs heavier than I am. I don't get it. All the people my actual height/weight look MUCH thinner than I do. I put in just my height and pants size, and everyone returned was much heavier than I am. I don't understand how someone the same height, same pants size can look so much thinner/fitter than I do, when I weigh 20-50lbs less than they do???
I think it has a lot to do with where people carry their weight. Someone can have smaller breasts and butt, but a larger tummy, or the other way around and will wear the same size as another person, but weigh differently.

Or

They're going by the number on vanity size clothes, and they need new batteries in their scales
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #9  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
I think it has a lot to do with where people carry their weight. Someone can have smaller breasts and butt, but a larger tummy, or the other way around and will wear the same size as another person, but weigh differently.

Or

They're going by the number on vanity size clothes, and they need new batteries in their scales
I'll hope for that last one, haha.

Last edited by MauiKai; 09-06-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #10  

OOOhhh! Interesting. Yeah, when I chose my stats, those women do look like me.
earthecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #11  
Aloha nui loa

I must have an extraordinarily light skeleton, pathetically non-existent muscles and an excess of fat. I do know that I have what is classified as a "very small frame" and hypotonia (poor muscle tone due to a medical condition). This likely accounts for how differently I appear from others of similar stats.

Last edited by MauiKai; 09-17-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: additional info