Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/5/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #2  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning all!!! It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been staying pretty dang well on protocol! I'm now down 52.6 lb! WAHOO!!
Also, I got engaged this past Saturday!! I cant wait to be a healthy, non-overweight, bride!! Keep up the great work everyone!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Good morning all!!! It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been staying pretty dang well on protocol! I'm now down 52.6 lb! WAHOO!!
Also, I got engaged this past Saturday!! I cant wait to be a healthy, non-overweight, bride!! Keep up the great work everyone!!!
Congrats on both the loss and the engagement! How exciting for you!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #4  

Today is day 2 since my doctor let me back on the plan. I had such extreme gastrointestinal problems and got severely dehydrated the first time around before being forced off. I am a bit gun-shy this time.

I really hope my body responds this time! I lost 4.6 lbs that stayed off during the 6 days I was on plan last month. I didn't even get that weight back during the 2 weeks-ish I was eating normal to get my body working right again, though the other 10 lbs of water came back, thankfully.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
WTG! What amazing results. Congrats on the engagement as well!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Morning Everybody --

Welcome back to those returning (water, water, and more water and salt ) and congrats to the bride-to-be!

Sending a big thanks to Sonyasbug for the sweet words of understanding and encouragement yesterday. I even printed them out, they were so exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks so much.

Day 2 of my new water-o-rama. I don't know how you gallon-a-day peoples do it. I got in 100 oz yesterday and, I swear, I heard sloshing whenever I moved.

Anyway, I will not be deterred . . . next week, the scale is going to beg ME for mercy!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #7  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Weigh In tomorrow for me and I feel like I have had such a great week. I can't wait to get there tomorrow. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever ever look forward to getting on a scale. Some days it's the highlight of my day...just shows how boring my life is.....lol

Happy on plan day to everyone!!

Oh yea....my tip of the day, I mixed a vanilla shake, carmel Walden Farms syrup (2 tbs) and a little Da Vinci Irish Cream syrup and shook it up. I use a little in my coffee in the morning and it tastes just like Coffee and Bailey's without the alcohol. LOVE IT!! The whole shake lasts me about 4-5 days if I have one coffee a day. A morning "tastes like a cheat but isn't" treat.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

I had my week 3 weigh in this am and am down another 3, for a total of 8.2! Not as impressive as some of the other losses I've seen posted, but I'm happy the program is working for me! Hopefully things keep progressing in the coming weeks. I'm thankful for the support and encouragement on this board - hooray for us for shrinking all together!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning all,

Still not a great week around here. Still no word on any employment opportunities and only a couple of weeks left before I'm officially laid off. So needless to say my level of grouchiness has continued to increase. More and more I find myself less tolerant of other people's crap and whining - even though I probably have been doing more than my share as of late.

I also find that I have no patience or tolerance right now listening to others whine about this diet plan, what they can't have, what they miss eating, how they cheated - again - HOW HARD IT IS, blah, blah blah. Now before anyone gets upset I'm not referencing anyone or any post here. The wife unit showed me a site she belongs to and I swear every second post was these types of crybabying nonsense. Man if it's so hard and so miserable for you than throw in the towel and go back to self medicating with food.

Another disclaimer, I'm not referring to anyone here or those - including me- who need support from time to time. I'm talking about those serial whiners who have no real intention of following this program and use the above mentioned "rationales" to excuse why they haven't followed the plan.

Wow just re-reading all that I can say I seem to be quite whiny myself. LOL.

Well enough of the self pity, did my weigh in and I am still holding steady at my current weight half way through week 2 of phase 3. No losses but more importantly no gains. So that is a big positive. That and I may actually have lost more inches around my waist. My new pants that fit perfectly 10 days ago are now looser and a bit baggier.

As always thanks for listening and again my rant wasn't targeting anyone here.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
I had my week 3 weigh in this am and am down another 3, for a total of 8.2! Not as impressive as some of the other losses I've seen posted, but I'm happy the program is working for me! Hopefully things keep progressing in the coming weeks. I'm thankful for the support and encouragement on this board - hooray for us for shrinking all together!
Attitude adjustment time!
REALLY???
Since when is 3 lb loss for ONE WEEK not FANTASTIC????
We MUST stop comparing our journeys to each other's. We all have different ages, metabolisms, and lifestyles.

EVERY LOSS IS TO BE CELEBRATED!!!
Yes, it is working!

So, take away the negativity and ONLY focus on the positive (in bold). THIS is how we roll on 3FC-IP.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Still not a great week around here. Still no word on any employment opportunities and only a couple of weeks left before I'm officially laid off. So needless to say my level of grouchiness has continued to increase. More and more I find myself less tolerant of other people's crap and whining - even though I probably have been doing more than my share as of late.

I also find that I have no patience or tolerance right now listening to others whine about this diet plan, what they can't have, what they miss eating, how they cheated - again - HOW HARD IT IS, blah, blah blah. Now before anyone gets upset I'm not referencing anyone or any post here. The wife unit showed me a site she belongs to and I swear every second post was these types of crybabying nonsense. Man if it's so hard and so miserable for you than throw in the towel and go back to self medicating with food.

Another disclaimer, I'm not referring to anyone here or those - including me- who need support from time to time. I'm talking about those serial whiners who have no real intention of following this program and use the above mentioned "rationales" to excuse why they haven't followed the plan.

Well enough of the self pity, did my weigh in and I am still holding steady at my current weight half way through week 2 of phase 3. No losses but more importantly no gains. So that is a big positive. That and I may actually have lost more inches around my waist. My new pants that fit perfectly 10 days ago are now looser and a bit baggier.

Spiritman:
It is quite understandable that your tolerance for whining has diminished since your recent information on employment status change. Geez...I've had limited tolerence for whining all along...preferring a "get over it & just do it" mentality. We can dwell in what we can't have or what is not happening with our bodies or we can focus on the positive. It is all up to us.

And then we can also be reminded there are bigger issues in the world...such as employment and health, among others. Everyone needs to b!#<# and moan once in a while but you are right. There are folks who just don't want to move forward. I choose to stick with those who do.

I wish you all the best in your search for new opportunity. I know you weren't brought this far to be handed something you can't handle but still...ugh! Can't it sometimes JUST be easy???
Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Miss Lisa you are so right. As much as I want to lament about "Why does it seem like for every step forward I end up taking 2 steps back?" it's not going to solve anything.

In the past I would have turn to food to stuff down my feelings, to self medicate the stress away with food. But that doesn't solve anything. You end up weighing almost 400 pounds and feeling even worse. Something will happen for me, I don't know where or doing what but I certainly won't be whining about not being able to scarf down an extra large pizza and a 2 litre bottle of 7-up because I'm stressed/feel bad etc.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #13  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Morning all,

Hey Spiritman!!! I find that life disruptions happen for a reason...now bear with me Man. I won't get all "hokey" on you, lol. Perhaps now that you've accomplished your weight loss goal it's time for you (and your new svelte self) to move on to new adventures/greener pastures. Being laid off is a financial and, more importantly, an emotional blow. Grieve, vent, rant and rave if you need to, and of course you do. It's healthy, lol. You are being led down a new path with a new body towards something more wonderful than you ever thought possible. Breathe, relax and have faith that you'll land on your feet in the end. Chin up, Buttercup!!!!

SPI-RIT-MAN!! SPI-RIT-MAN!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #14  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Spiritman - so sorry you're having such a tough time. Sending positive thoughts your way that you find the perfect position.

I find my tolerance for whining is getting less and less. Someone asked me how I was losing weight the other day and when I explained the program she had a list of reasons she couldn't do this or any other diet program (mostly bogus in my opinion) and I actually said "Oh well, stay fat then." Apparently I was not in a patient mood! Not my finest moment.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Attitude adjustment time!
REALLY???
Since when is 3 lb loss for ONE WEEK not FANTASTIC????
We MUST stop comparing our journeys to each other's. We all have different ages, metabolisms, and lifestyles.

EVERY LOSS IS TO BE CELEBRATED!!!
Yes, it is working!

So, take away the negativity and ONLY focus on the positive (in bold). THIS is how we roll on 3FC-IP.

Oops, didn't mean to imply that the 3 pound loss isn't great. I just meant overall I tend to be a slower loser. It is very hard for me not to compare and it's something I'm working on - I didn't mean to be negative. I'm truly happy that the plan is working for me on my journey and I'm so glad to have found it!
Closed Thread