Calorie Counters - Help Me Stay in Range Tonight!

View Full Version : Help Me Stay in Range Tonight!

MarjorieMargarine
09-03-2013, 06:43 PM
I slipped up and had a couple of unplanned-for beers at lunch today. Now I only have about 200 calories left for dinner- and I know I'm going to want to eat something! I'm ok with going over a little for the day- I was thinking I can find something moderately satisfying for around 300 and I will do a little extra workout this evening to make up the difference.

Any suggestions (other than a big salad with grilled chicken, which is a go-to for me, but kinda boring) for something filling and interesting?

Mozzy
09-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Lean cuisine has a ton of dinners for around 250-300 calories

tadaponce
09-03-2013, 08:08 PM
I did the same thing today! (well except for beer, I had a chocolate dipped apple slice and some extra fruit at lunch)

I have appx 240 calories until I meet my calorie limit for the day and still need to get through dinner. My plan of action: I'm going to have a serving of low fat cottage cheese, a boiled egg and 4oz of strawberries. If I'm starving after...then I will have 110 calories protein shake!

I would say load up on a good salad and lots of protein...or else you may find yourself hungry after dinner with so few calories. Just my own two cents. haha!

Munchy
09-03-2013, 08:20 PM
An awesome Chili fills me up. Google weight watchers 1pt Chili as a reference. It's about 65 calories per serving.

MAK247
09-03-2013, 10:48 PM
I keep a couple vitapizzas on hand for days when my calorie allowance is dwindling. :) They are only 190 calories, full of vitamins (hence the name) and very high in fiber. They aren't very large but I cut them in fairly small (almost bite size) slices and eat slowly with a lot of water.

pnkrckpixikat
09-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm sure you probably already ate, but for next time or anyone else. I will cook up a package of frozen veggies, or steam fresh veggies, and top with 1 or 2 servings of soup depending on how many cals I have left. I like the campbells naturals line which is about 260-320 for 2 servings and the veggies are usually around 100 cals

amandie
09-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I tend to go for a creamy cauliflower soup if I'm low on calories (if it is too thin, I add a smidge of instant potato flakes.) I boil the cauliflower in chicken broth (2 to 1 ratio of cauiflower to broth) until cauliflwoer is very soft, add sauteed onions and garlic along with 1 oz cheese of choice then puree until creamy.

For a loaded potato taste, I use chives instead of white onion, add a dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt and some bacon or ham. Mmm!

Also makes a great "chowder" with corn, broccoli, etc.