Metabolic Research Center - MRC September 2013

View Full Version : MRC September 2013

skelley331
09-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Wow this forum has really quieted down. Where is everyone.

texan470
09-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm here!

Anyone have some good tips for cheaper alternatives to the MRC HNS or supplements?

JenB72
09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Hope all had a great Labor Day Weekend! My family went down to Disney World on Sunday. Believe it or not, I actually stayed on plan and when I weighed in today, I lost a pound!!! Happy Dance!

I got a new toy last week that is really helping me stay focused and on track. It's called the Fitbit Flex. You wear it on your wrist and it measures the number of steps you take, calories burned, you can log your foods and water into the app on your phone or their website. It has Bluetooth so it can sync with your phone whenever you open the app. It also tracks your weight, sleeping habits, and exercise. I love it! If I notice I'm sitting around too much being lazy, I try to move around more to increase my calorie deficit to help my weight loss efforts. After one week, I am impressed. It has made me much more aware of activity levels, eating, and liquid intake. Hopefully this is what it takes to keep me focused and not stray from eating right. That's up to me I guess. ;)

CelticHarpie
09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
JenB72, I have a Fitbit Flex as well. I love it... especially on those days when I get to the gym ;)

skelley331
09-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Oh wow i'll have to check it out!

JenB72
09-03-2013, 09:29 PM
One of my friends at work bought one this weekend after seeing mine. He had thought about it since it was released in May, but it's been on backorder everywhere until recently.

Celtic, have you tried the premium membership or just the free one? I'm wondering if Premium is worth it.

yungathart
09-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Weigh in today. Down 15.5 pounds. It seems like every other weigh in I lose. Am so pleased to have the weight still coming off! Gives me hope that I can do this.

skelley331
09-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Well ladies wish me luck i'm going to start over on MRC, starting with pre-conditioning tomorrow, I have all the sheets and information and I still have 4 months left on maintenance to be able to get my HNS drinks but i'm not going to take all the other stuff I did before like the MRC-6, cortitrim, etc. Only the HNS drinks, vitamin and EFA oil. I only need to lose about 10-15 lbs and I know if I went back to the green menu I could probably do that but I need to get my mind back into the preconditioning mode. I hope I can do this if not then I guess i'm doomed. Say a prayer for me. Thanks:carrot:

Monkeysocks
09-05-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm starting again today. I gained back about 10 lbs. in almost two months of being totally off program. Just lost my motivation I guess. But I stocked up on new HNS and went grocery shopping and am back on track. I am just happy that I stopped it before I went back up to my starting weight. I am still down about 26 lbs. from my high point when I started MRC in the spring.

Guess I had better change my signature, or maybe just turn it off for awhile.

yungathart
09-06-2013, 05:06 AM
If you don't mind sharing, were you on a specific maintenance program or just eating as you feel when you gained weight back? I wish you all the luck in the world shedding the ten! Chris

yungathart
09-06-2013, 05:09 AM
This has been a tough day for me. First day I felt very tempted to snack and had some extra cheese. My family is planning conversations with my mothers doctor to move her into hospice. I am 2000 miles away from her and I know things are changing quickly...but it is hard to consider and accept. Now planning to go back to see her quickly.

patzi
09-06-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm here!

Anyone have some good tips for cheaper alternatives to the MRC HNS or supplements?

I buy my HNS from Diet Direct when they are on sale.. I use the Proti Diet Gel type drinks.. I also use to buy the BariWise Meal Replacement Shaesfrom them when on sale. There shipping is reasonable.. I have a friend that buys their bars, but do not know the brand.. I always compared MRC box I had with what was equivalent to MRC. Or if in doubt did a live chat with them

From what I have seen while on this forum, there are no real replacements for supplements, but I never took many while on Meta Slim before maintenance.
Patzi

patzi
09-06-2013, 06:20 AM
I had Maintenance Weigh in on Tuesday and gained 1 1/2 pounds, no reason, just did.. I am working on taking it off before next Tuesday weigh in. I usually weigh in every other week, but if I gain I weigh in weekly till back to where I was before gain.. Still under goal, but I strive to stay 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing you all a great September weight loss.

Wish this group was more active. Has become very quiet.

Patzi

patzi
09-06-2013, 06:23 AM
I never head of Fitbit Flex.. Thanks for sharing Jen.. Congrats on your focus on being away and weight loss.. That is great.

Patzi

Lady67
09-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Well folks, I am now down officially 35 lbs!!!

40 more to go. Sad how I had let myself go. :/

The last few weeks haven't been easy on me. Problems with the ex husband, problems with the kids... and we had an 80th birthday party for my father over Labor Day weekend... so I haven't stuck 100% on plan. I am surprised and happy that I even lost weight these last couple of weeks. I seriously thought I would gain.

Anyway, I am hoping that life will calm down a bit as September is here - and I get back into routines! With that will come some semblance to my eating habits!

Happy September and good luck everyone!

JenB72
09-06-2013, 03:04 PM
I never head of Fitbit Flex.. Thanks for sharing Jen.. Congrats on your focus on being away and weight loss.. That is great.

Patzi

It's amazing! It's absolutely helping to keep me focused. I think it will help make the transition back to maintenance much easier because I'm looking at calories & menu now instead of just the menu.

Good news is I weighed in today and I'm down another pound since Tuesday putting me at 1/3 of my way to goal. Woohoo!

marlaj3
09-07-2013, 08:34 PM
It's wonderfully encouraging that you are all doing so well on the program. I've been on just over a week. I got my first menu yesterday. I've dropped from 185 to 179 since my consultation, so I'm very optimistic and determined. Good job everyone!:smug:

patzi
09-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and lost the 1 1/2 pounds I gained last week, so I am happy.. I am at 5 pounds under goal.

Patzi

JenB72
09-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Weighed in today and down a full 2 pounds since last Friday. Yay! I feel like I'm in the zone. :dancer:

Lady67
09-12-2013, 10:32 AM
woohoo!! :carrot: Congrats Jen!

I weigh in tonight... I have done well this week. First time in several weeks, so I am hopeful. Have a great day everyone!

@->--

Monkeysocks
09-12-2013, 12:20 PM
If you don't mind sharing, were you on a specific maintenance program or just eating as you feel when you gained weight back? I wish you all the luck in the world shedding the ten! Chris

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I wasn't on a maintenance plan, I just thought I would take some time off and watch what I ate. I did well at first keeping close to plan and journaling what I ate, then I got sloppy and started eating whatever. I am just glad that I caught myself before I went all the way back up as I have before on other plans.

Down 3 of the ugly 10, so there is hope!

Monkeysocks
09-12-2013, 12:22 PM
It's amazing! It's absolutely helping to keep me focused. I think it will help make the transition back to maintenance much easier because I'm looking at calories & menu now instead of just the menu.

Good news is I weighed in today and I'm down another pound since Tuesday putting me at 1/3 of my way to goal. Woohoo!

Congrats on being 1/3 of the way!!!!

I am going to try and use something like fitbit or my fitness pal when I transition, so I don't gain it back.

JenB72
09-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Does anyone ever worry that the last pound they lost will be THE last pound you lose?

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will lose all the weight because I've proven to myself that I can do it. With that said, I always have it in the back of my head that little nagging voice saying I won't lose anymore. Crazy, I know, but I wish I could make that voice stop.

Lady67
09-13-2013, 10:05 AM
I have officially made it! I am down a total of 37 lbs :D:D:D

Was a good week - and now I am re-energized to continue on this path!

Next week is measurements and the tanic(sp?) scale!

Happy Friday everyone, I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

@->---

patzi
09-14-2013, 08:27 AM
It's wonderfully encouraging that you are all doing so well on the program. I've been on just over a week. I got my first menu yesterday. I've dropped from 185 to 179 since my consultation, so I'm very optimistic and determined. Good job everyone!:smug:

Want to wish you the best on your challenge.. Good weight loss you mentioned.

Patzi

JenB72
09-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Stick with it and you will be rewarded! :dust:

CelticHarpie
09-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Celtic, have you tried the premium membership or just the free one? I'm wondering if Premium is worth it.

Sorry I never replied to this, Jen!

I just use the free membership. I link it to MyFitnessPal for food journaling. Not sure what all the premium entails, but I'm happy enough with the freebee.

Tamikl
09-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi ladies! So many new ladies on here! Awesome!!

I am doing pretty well...I just wanted to send some encouraging news regarding MRC supplements. I have never been able to say that any of them have worked any kind of miracles for me...however, having been on Maintenance for some time now, I sort of got on a track with sweets that was getting out of control. The more I would have, the more I would crave and it wasn't pretty on the scale. Anyway, my counselor knows that I am not real fond of supplements, but suggested I try the MRC Glucose Formula just for a month and see if that helps with my cravings...OMG...It was even the week before my period at that time and looking over my journal, it was amazing....no sweets, no cravings, etc...Not to say that I didn't like them anymore, just absolutely haven't been craving them like before. This stuff works for me! I LOVE it...stabilizes my blood sugars or something...

Those on plan right now likely aren't facing this issue...or shouldn't be unless you are cheating!! lol...but for those of us on Maintenance where are choices are a bit more, may want to look into trying this:)

Take care all!

JenB72
09-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Hey, Tami! Good to see you around still. Glad the Glucose Formula is working for you. I used that when I was having sweets issues also. My fav is the Cortitrim. I totally credit it with getting rid of my pregnancy belly. ;)

CelticHarpie, I'm on the free plan also and love it. A friend at work who got the FitBit because he was jealous of mine found something called myfitleague.com for users of FitBit. It puts you in Leagues (starting each Sunday) and you face off against 5 other people in your bracket. It works completely off your FitBit, so there's nothing extra you need to do. It's just motiviation to get your activity up, which in the end, helps with calories burned and weight loss. It's definitely keeping me from sitting around at night.

Have a great week everyone!!!

CelticHarpie
09-16-2013, 12:54 PM
So I went in for my belated weigh in (missed going on Friday) and I'm officially down 10.5 lbs and 12.5 inches in my first 3 weeks on the program.

I like when they give you a ribbon showing inches. Makes you feel pretty good about progress.

JenB72
09-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Congrats, CelticHarpie! That's great!

Went in today and am down a total of 19 pounds. My jeans that didn't fit to well a month ago are getting baggy. Love it!

patzi
09-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I had maintenane weigh in today and maintained.. 5 pounds under goal. I will take that and run...

Patzi

CelticHarpie
09-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Awesome news Jen & Patzi! Woo hoo!!!

After running into a bit of a plateau, I'm seeing the weight consistently drop on the scale. This morning, I was down another 2 lbs from my weigh in on Monday. It's working!

marlaj3
09-18-2013, 02:02 PM
I received an 8" ribbon last Friday. I go for my wi today. According to my own scales I'm down 8 lbs. in 3 weeks. I'll take it!:carrot:

I'm going out of town Friday for some fun with my husband and another couple. I'm scared. I will have to keep that ribbon in sight to remind me how well I'm doing and to not screw this up!

patzi
09-18-2013, 09:03 PM
I received an 8" ribbon last Friday. I go for my wi today. According to my own scales I'm down 8 lbs. in 3 weeks. I'll take it!:carrot:

I'm going out of town Friday for some fun with my husband and another couple. I'm scared. I will have to keep that ribbon in sight to remind me how well I'm doing and to not screw this up!

Hi.... Please don't be scared.. I am on maintenance now, but when I was losing the weight, I traveled lots, and I always made sure if I ate out, had protein, veggies, no butter and a side salad with oil and vinegar or lemon. I did not cheat, but I was able to enjoy myself .. Good idea bring the ribbon with you, you can be very proud of that. If I ate out for breakfast, I would ask for an egg white or egg beater omelet with veggies, and depending on what program you are on, you can have a slice of wholewheat bread or a piece of fruit. Lunch is a piece of cake..Order large salad, with chicken, fish, shrimp, etc..

Patzi

JenB72
09-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Weighed in at lunch and I was down another half pound. That makes 7 pounds in 3 weeks!!!

skelley331
09-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Hello to all the MRC'rs, I just wanted to say goodbye to all out there, and thanks for all the support you gave me during my journey. I've decided to quit MRC, I hit goal back in December and started on maintenance Jan 4th 2013, after about 3 months all my cravings came back and ever since I've been struggling with trying to keep my weight off, I gained back 10 lbs and just can't seem to get back to the plan to take it off. In my mind I can go back on plan but then I know in my mind that once they start introducing the foods back it will all start again with cravings. I applaud the ones who have been able to maintain like Patzi and applaud Jenb72 for coming back and taking another shot. I just don't have the energy anymore. One day i'll find what works for me. Good luck to all the newbies. Thanks again.

Lady67
09-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Best of luck to you Skelly.

Another weigh in for me - I have now lost 39 lbs and 51 inches. :) Feeling pretty good!

patzi
09-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Skelley....
You will be missed.. Will miss your participation in this forum. I want to wish you all the luck in whatever adventure you next take. It has been such a pleasure knowing you.

Patzi

JenB72
09-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Skelley, I feel your pain. It really will be a lifelong battle for most of us. Good luck and I hope you find a plan that works for you. :hug:

cmarty
09-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Well, Skelley I feel your pain, too. I am back on my journey again after gaining back about 10 pounds. I am struggling to keep this weight off. I am determined again to lose this weight and keep it off. I think I just need to be hanging out with these girls on here that know how to do it. I know it is really going to be a lifetime battle for me. I bet I have lost 30 pounds over and over..for my entire life..but thank goodness I didn't just keep adding 30 more, 30 more, and 30 more...there is no telling what I would weigh if I had not dieted most of my life...I am learning that there are just some things I can't eat....mainly sugar
I hope you'll come back...remember we started around the same time...and I have struggled too....maybe we can find a way together!:)

cmarty
09-25-2013, 05:18 PM
I have to change my weight tracker!:( But the good news is I haven't given up yet!

cmarty
09-25-2013, 06:20 PM
I am wanting something sweet! Any one have any suggestions?

cmarty
09-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Where is everyone?

JenB72
09-25-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm here! I'm on a business trip in NYC where I basically get to stay at the hotel for a conference for the next two days. Not gonna have time to explore the city. I weighed in before I left and maintained from Monday which is great considering I'm PMSing. I'll take it. Had a protein bar for breakfast, regular lunch, and because I'm by myself, I have complete control over restaurant and menu. I told the waiter all I wanted was Grilled Chicken and broccoli. Woohoo! Yay me! ;) Didn't even touch the bread they brought out for me and that is definitely my weakness. I just finished my apple back in the room.

I've got my plans in place for the next couple of days and I am determined to stay completely on plan.

As for nighttime sweets, I will usually do either a bag of MRC Mini Crisps (you can have those twice a week) or MRC Gelatin. The MRC pudding is good too.

CelticHarpie
09-25-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm here cmarty! Did you solve your sweet tooth situation? I'm finding that saving my fruit for dinner (or ditching a carb for fruit at dinner) helps. I also mix my HNS with less water at night so it satisfies my sweet tooth.

Went for my weigh in after work and I'm at 192. Down three pounds from Saturday! 14.5 lbs down in a month :)

cmarty
09-25-2013, 08:57 PM
You go girl! That is great! Yes, I had some of the vanilla pudding. It's funny but I have been smelling sweets all afternoon. But, I don't have any here . I was going to buy a bag of Halloween candy ( my favorites) but I talked myself out of it ,,,,because I knew I would be in it! I am sticking to my diet...and hearing of your weight lose is inspiring!

JenB72
09-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Stick with it cmarty! You can do this!!!

cmarty
09-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks, Jen! I go for a weigh in tomorrow! I'm back on track...yipeeeee!

Lady67
09-27-2013, 11:22 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Down another 2.5 lbs... have hit 41.5 lbs!!! Seems like I am back on track too!

I have not weighed this amount since 2003.

cmarty
09-27-2013, 06:59 PM
LADY 67 congrats...keep up the good work..I know it feels so good when you are at a weight you haven't been in awhile... Well, girls, I made it through a day of sweets , sweets, and more sweets...I didn't eat it though..As u know, I am trying to lose the 10 pounds I have gained over the last 9 months...we'll today I'm back on track...lost 2 and half pounds! I hope to do even better next week!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoonapple01/lb/185/142/158/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

cmarty
09-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Where is everyone? This place used to rock!
Oh man... I am so mad at myself for gaining 10 pounds back! I am not giving up, though...I'm going to beat the fat giant...and I am going to find a way to keep it off!:frypan:

skelley331
09-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Cmarty,

I'm so glad you have gotten back on track, I too am mad at myself for gaining the 11.5 lbs back. Ever since I hit maintenance after about 3 months it all went down hill. They never told me that it would be so hard to maintain, and that in order to keep the weight off I would have to continue to keep buying the supplements and keep coming back. I don't know what i'm going to do, I keep trying to go back and start over but the problem is that I know in the end that the same thing will happen so what is the use. I can't believe it's so hard to lose 11 1/2 lbs, it was easy to lose the 35 lbs when I started. Sorry for all the crying on here.

Yes this forum use to rock, not sure where everyone went to. thanks for listening. :hug::?:

cmarty
09-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Hey Skelley,

I'm right there with ya girl! I thought that once you got on maint..you didn't have to use supplements. There is a lady at my work that doesn't take the supplements but she is maintaining. But let me tell you...she hardly ever cheats. She stays on their plan.
I know how you feel, I have spent a lot of money on this! and I really want a break... I am just trying to get the 10 pounds off that I gained eating icecream over the summer! I hope you'll come back. I 'll be here to support ya if you do!:hug:

cmarty
09-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey Skelley,
I was thinking that you don't need to beat yourself up.We got off track, lost our focus....but Hey, you lost the weight to start with...and I know you can do it again! Just get up and do it...you'll be healthier and feel better! and girl we have to find a way to keep this weight off...I'm on the journey with ya...we have had our struggles...but we can pull this off...we have done it before:carrot:

JenB72
09-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Hey, all! I survived my business trip. I actually lost a half pound! I was on a mission and I wasn't going to be stopped. I was completely determined that the airport would not de-rail me. It tends to. I had a healthy dinner before getting on the plane coming back and turned down the airplane snacks both ways. I've NEVER done that before. I feel such a sense of accomplishment.

Hang in there, everyone! It can be done!

cmarty
09-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Congrats Jen,
You did great to do that why you were traveling!:carrot:

MarleneV
09-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Hi all,

Good to see the posts. Those of you doing well, congrats! For those of you struggling, (((HUGS))).

I'm maintaining, staying between 130-128. Been staying in this range since mid-June, so just over 3 months. I have an HNS every other or every third day, just depending. Like the lady that cmarty works with, I hardly ever cheat. I'm comfortable and happy with on program food, and can easily stay within my target calorie range. Once in a great while, I'll have a glass of white wine, or a small piece of really good dark chocolate (Godiva or similar). Besides that, I'm on program. One thing I found that is on maintenance that I enjoy is a no sugar added, low fat ice cream. I like the brand Lovin Scoopful, a 1/2 cup is 100 calories for the chocolate. Maybe that hint will help someone.

I still take the multi-vitamin & fish oil as my doctors want me to take these anyway. Also still taking corti-trim, as it seems to help with stress. I have a very stressful job. I tried to back off on it, and had a very bad week, so decided that it was helping after all, and am back to taking the dose I was taking while losing.

Good news for me, my husband has asked for my help in losing 25 lbs by Christmas. I'm sure he can do this, if I can get him to stop the constant snacking, and limit portion sizes. Hoping that if he starts drinking HNS that he won't get so hungry. Not so sure it will help with the addictive personality issue he has though. He works from home, and is constantly going from his desk to the kitchen. I'm hoping that if I set out his food for the day, that will help. Any other ideas?

cmarty
09-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Hey Marlene,
Thanks for the idea on the ice cream. That is just one thing I want during the summer. I will just have to try that.
I am so glad you are here. Maybe you can inspire us. I just want to know that this can be done! I am looking forward to being your weight in few months!:carrot:I'll need some of those great hints on what to eat!

cmarty
09-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Feeling good this week...the scale is moving on down!

peg51
09-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Hello all! Well, it's been awhile since I've posted. I got into a great groove over the summer and lost weight really well. Now, -84 pounds later, I'm starting to struggle for the first time. With only about 20 or so pounds to go to reach goal, I've lost motivation. How dumb is that? I've done the hardest part, and now I start making dumb food decisions. Any suggestions for getting re-motivated? I am definitely in a rut and need some new recipes or ideas to push through to the finish line. I've come this far, and now I'm terrified I'm going to fail. Ugh!

cmarty
09-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Hey Peg,

My advice to you is to get back on track. I played around for a few months and gained 10 pounds back. I am so mad at myself. I could have been at goal by now. But now I am losing the 10 pounds back I gained. It is easy to start developing bad habits again...it starts little by little and then you find yourself off big time. I am going to start trying some of these new food ideas on here. My problem is I eat the same thing over and over and I get bored! Congrats on losing what you already have...you have come a long ways girl...just keep on truckin
I went to a buffet after church. I managed to stay on plan...these are the hardest times:D

skelley331
09-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Hey Skelley,

I'm right there with ya girl! I thought that once you got on maint..you didn't have to use supplements. There is a lady at my work that doesn't take the supplements but she is maintaining. But let me tell you...she hardly ever cheats. She stays on their plan.
I know how you feel, I have spent a lot of money on this! and I really want a break... I am just trying to get the 10 pounds off that I gained eating icecream over the summer! I hope you'll come back. I 'll be here to support ya if you do!:hug:

Thanks Cmarty, I sure could use your support. I remember we did start around the same time and we are almost same height! I don't think you have to use the HNS supplements but they have always told me they help. The maintenance program is counting calories and I think that's what got me in trouble, they give you a maintenance food list and I was to stay around 1300 calories but they said I could eat 80% healthy and 20% free as long as I stayed within my calorie range. Like you I would eat the same foods over and over and get bored, then I would stray thinking I could go back to the plan but then things got out of control. What I didn't understand is that when I got on maintenance the cravings came back and all the inches I lost came back. I guess I need to bite the bullet and call my counselor and find out since I haven't been there for about 4 wks and I actually still have 3 months left on maintenance if I can come back without it costing me any re-enrollment fee. I did feel great while on plan so why can't I just follow it and go on? Why do I want ice cream, pizza, hamburger/fries???? Drives me crazy!

cmarty
09-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Hey Skelley,
How do you get the text in a box to respond to a person's comments?

Well, they should let you go back without paying. I have decided that I am not going to pay any more money! I will buy the supplements and that is it! I just can't afford anymore!

I craved hamburgers, ice cream, and candy when I went off my diet. I think I just wanted to eat something I just had wanted for a long time. The more I ate the more I wanted!

The supplements help me so much! I don't know how I am going to break myself from them. But, I'm going to find a way! The hot chocolate really helps with the chocolate craving!
Hope you'll come back!:carrot::)

skelley331
09-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Hey Skelley,
How do you get the text in a box to respond to a person's comments?

Well, they should let you go back without paying. I have decided that I am not going to pay any more money! I will buy the supplements and that is it! I just can't afford anymore!

I craved hamburgers, ice cream, and candy when I went off my diet. I think I just wanted to eat something I just had wanted for a long time. The more I ate the more I wanted!

The supplements help me so much! I don't know how I am going to break myself from them. But, I'm going to find a way! The hot chocolate really helps with the chocolate craving!
Hope you'll come back!:carrot::)

Hi cmarty,

On the lower right corner of the comment it says quote reply, just click on that and it brings up the comment box and you type at the bottom.

I am coming back, i'm calling my center tomorrow and letting them know I still have 3 months left on maintenance but I need their help, i'm going to go this Thursday at 9:00 am to weigh in and get my HNS's, I will buy their EFA essentials and multi vitamin but that's all.

I will try the hot chocolate, I know the wafer bars helped me with the crunchy and choc cravings. I believe I was in the same boat with wanting all the foods I gave up, but now after gaining 11 lbs and feeling like crap, bloated and tired that I have come to realize that it's not worth it.

Wish me luck and please please keep posting on here, I promise to post also to give each other support until we reach our goals then hopefully we can still stay in touch, I think that's another part of my downfall, I got discouraged because this forum kinda went dead. The support on here is like a godsend.

Thanks again for responding. :hug: and here I go again and I can do this!!! I have too! OH I did read on the MRC facebook page that a girl found what helps her out. Instead of saying I can't (eat that, etc) she says I don't!! She said that it makes her feel in control. :carrot:

MarleneV
09-29-2013, 10:51 PM
You may have something there with the "I won't...". For example, this weekend, we went with another couple to visit our kids at college, it 7 hours away, so driving together saved both of us some money & gave us company. The first night, the restaurant was Itailian. Everyone else ordered some pasta dish. I won't eat pasta, I ordered a salad with chicken & strawberries that was really good, and I had a small amount of the bread, maybe 125 calories or so of that.

The next night was Chili's. I had a salad and the lighter choice sirloin. No appetizers, and they even had coupons for free appetizers. Lunch today was at a burger joint. I had the salad with chicken... And one bite of fried cheese and 2 smal fries off of my husband's plate.

Oh, and they wanted to go to a Godiva chocolate store next to our hotel. I LOVE dark chocolate. I got ONE truffle, and savored it for over an hour. 110 calories. They each had several, and between them & my husband devorered a bag of dark chocolate almonds in the car today. I choose to not partake, because "I won't...".

So, I could have had any other choice at any of these meals, but I choose the healthier options, and feel great instead of bloated & sick at the end of the weekend.... And the small tastes of more extravagent items were enough. I'll be really good the next few days, completely on plan, and will be fine. Although, I didn't go over my calorie target any day of the trip...

It's all about perspective.

cmarty
09-30-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm here, hope to talk to you ladies tonight...off in the rat race!lol

skelley331
09-30-2013, 09:09 AM
You may have something there with the "I won't...". For example, this weekend, we went with another couple to visit our kids at college, it 7 hours away, so driving together saved both of us some money & gave us company. The first night, the restaurant was Itailian. Everyone else ordered some pasta dish. I won't eat pasta, I ordered a salad with chicken & strawberries that was really good, and I had a small amount of the bread, maybe 125 calories or so of that.

The next night was Chili's. I had a salad and the lighter choice sirloin. No appetizers, and they even had coupons for free appetizers. Lunch today was at a burger joint. I had the salad with chicken... And one bite of fried cheese and 2 smal fries off of my husband's plate.

Oh, and they wanted to go to a Godiva chocolate store next to our hotel. I LOVE dark chocolate. I got ONE truffle, and savored it for over an hour. 110 calories. They each had several, and between them & my husband devorered a bag of dark chocolate almonds in the car today. I choose to not partake, because "I won't...".

So, I could have had any other choice at any of these meals, but I choose the healthier options, and feel great instead of bloated & sick at the end of the weekend.... And the small tastes of more extravagent items were enough. I'll be really good the next few days, completely on plan, and will be fine. Although, I didn't go over my calorie target any day of the trip...

Hi Marlene, its so great to see someone who is maintaining so well, I too hope to do that one day. Yes the "I won't" is so much better than "I can't" you feel more in control. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and did so well. I hope to find more ways and ideas on how to maintain once I get this 11 lbs back off. :carrot:

skelley331
09-30-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm here, hope to talk to you ladies tonight...off in the rat race!lol

I'm here also, at work but always log on to see what's going on. It's official I called MRC center this morning, waiting on my call back from my counselor, going in on Thursday morning at 9:00 am. Wish me luck!! :carrot:

I'll be on later tonight, usually around 8:30-9:00 pm. Hope to see everyone!

Lady67
09-30-2013, 09:16 AM

You are very smart in the way you are doing this. I need to find the mindset that one is enough instead of darn that tasted good so another will taste even better. It honestly never does. The first taste is always the best.

patzi
09-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Hello all! Well, it's been awhile since I've posted. I got into a great groove over the summer and lost weight really well. Now, -84 pounds later, I'm starting to struggle for the first time. With only about 20 or so pounds to go to reach goal, I've lost motivation. How dumb is that? I've done the hardest part, and now I start making dumb food decisions. Any suggestions for getting re-motivated? I am definitely in a rut and need some new recipes or ideas to push through to the finish line. I've come this far, and now I'm terrified I'm going to fail. Ugh!

1. Speak with consultant and tell her exactly what is happening here, and have them help you.
2. Make sure you are keeping a journal of everything that goes in your mouth, whether it be water, HNS, anything. This does help and makes one more accountable.
3. Any recipe can be adapted to MRC.. For instance, last night I made chicken, added canned tomatoes, mushrooms, and herbs, let it cook thru and when almost done, took fat free feta cheese and put it on top and let it melt. A recipe will work with any plan that you are on.

And stay on this forum , as I would never have made it to maintenance without the support here.

Hope this helps some.. But remember speak to your center and insist they help you out.

You can do this. You have come this far, only a short while to go.. Hang in there and think I can do this.

Patzi

skelley331
09-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi all!

I got a call from my MRC Center and they said I was more than welcome to come back. I go Thursday at 9:30 am, she recommended that I do the pre-conditioning until I get my HNS's then I can go back to the green menu until I lose the weight I've gained!! I'm so looking forward to getting back on track and staying there. From all the posts here it looks like I can get some great support and ideas. My biggest problem was getting bored with the foods. :carrot:

Patzi,

You have always been a inspiration to me, so glad you still keep in touch with all of us.:hug:

skelley331
09-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi all!

I got a call from my MRC Center and they said I was more than welcome to come back. I go Thursday at 9:30 am, she recommended that I do the pre-conditioning until I get my HNS's then I can go back to the green menu until I lose the weight I've gained!! I'm so looking forward to getting back on track and staying there. From all the posts here it looks like I can get some great support and ideas. My biggest problem was getting bored with the foods. :carrot:

Patzi,

You have always been a inspiration to me, so glad you still keep in touch with all of us.:hug:

Oh I changed my ticker, I've decided to go down to 155 instead of 160, that way I will give me my 5lb leaway!!

Lady67
09-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Oh I changed my ticker, I've decided to go down to 155 instead of 160, that way I will give me my 5lb leaway!!

oh Skelley - I KNOW you can do this!

I was in a bad relationship for a long time. after being in therapy for a while, my therapist gave me a good phrase... "I Choose".... very powerful.

YOU ARE CHOOSING what to do with your life as well all are.

I am choosing not to be a doormat for my ex husband. I am choosing to eat healthy and loose the weight I need to, AND when I have lost it, I will choose when I can eat a little of something that I want, and eat it slowly to remember and savor that flavor until next time.

Lady67
09-30-2013, 02:45 PM
1. Speak with consultant and tell her exactly what is happening here, and have them help you.
2. Make sure you are keeping a journal of everything that goes in your mouth, whether it be water, HNS, anything. This does help and makes one more accountable.
3. Any recipe can be adapted to MRC.. For instance, last night I made chicken, added canned tomatoes, mushrooms, and herbs, let it cook thru and when almost done, took fat free feta cheese and put it on top and let it melt. A recipe will work with any plan that you are on.

And stay on this forum , as I would never have made it to maintenance without the support here.

Hope this helps some.. But remember speak to your center and insist they help you out.

You can do this. You have come this far, only a short while to go.. Hang in there and think I can do this.

Patzi

Totally and completely agree with what you can and cannot put in your mouth! I didn't put some things down and gained one week. took me awhile of thinking to realize why this happened. Now EVERYTHING goes on that "diary"

cmarty
09-30-2013, 05:47 PM

I love this! I am going to start making " I won't" choices! I love it! Thanks to all for being such an inspiration! I am back on track and I choose to stay there!
:dizzy:

cmarty
09-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Patzi,
You are right about staying on here. This is where I got most of my support. It kept me going and anytime I got down you gals pulled me right back up. I love the support that we give each other here! Also, keeping a food journal is so important. It does make us accountable. Thirdly, weighing in every few days encourages me to try even harder. I can mark it on my calendar...when I stopped coming to this site, keeping a journal, and weighing myself it was a free ride to fatville! So thanks again everyone for your support. It means a lot!

:carrot:

Patzi[/QUOTE]

cmarty
09-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Good gosh, I'm starving... I came home late today and I nearly busted the door in to get something to eat. I was trying to make a good choice but I knew I had to cook something quickly. I had a scrambled egg with cheese and 1/4 cup of grits. I don't even know if it is ok to eat that at night. But it was quick. The only problem is I am still starving. I think I'll drink a protein drink and wait awhile....maybe this will go away!

Thanks for all the great advice on here...you girls are an inspiration!

skelley331
09-30-2013, 07:30 PM
oh Skelley - I KNOW you can do this!

I was in a bad relationship for a long time. after being in therapy for a while, my therapist gave me a good phrase... "I Choose".... very powerful.

YOU ARE CHOOSING what to do with your life as well all are.

I am choosing not to be a doormat for my ex husband. I am choosing to eat healthy and loose the weight I need to, AND when I have lost it, I will choose when I can eat a little of something that I want, and eat it slowly to remember and savor that flavor until next time.

Lady67: thank you for your support and "I Choose" from now on, I totally agree! We all can do this!!:carrot:

skelley331
09-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Patzi,
You are right about staying on here. This is where I got most of my support. It kept me going and anytime I got down you gals pulled me right back up. I love the support that we give each other here! Also, keeping a food journal is so important. It does make us accountable. Thirdly, weighing in every few days encourages me to try even harder. I can mark it on my calendar...when I stopped coming to this site, keeping a journal, and weighing myself it was a free ride to fatville! So thanks again everyone for your support. It means a lot!

:carrot:

Patzi[/QUOTE]

I agree that the support on here is what helped me at the beginning but when everyone disappeared it was hard, so let's stay together and give each other support! You all have now got me excited that I've decided to come back!:carrot:

JenB72
09-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi, Ladies!!!! I love seeing all the positive motivation on here. We're all in the same boat after all.

Reading all the posts about cravings reminded me about a post from a couple of years ago. Same topic. The fact of the matter is, no matter what diet you are on, when you hit goal weight, cravings may come back. It's in our physical make-up. You can see what others and me wrote about it here:

Carb Cravings (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/238411-carb-cravings.html#post3942649)

Losing weight isn't only a physical change, it's a mental change. And it's done through one decision, plus another, plus another, until it becomes a habit. It won't be easy, but it can be done. Patzi is proof of that. :)

Good luck to everyone!!!!

cmarty
09-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi, Ladies!!!! I love seeing all the positive motivation on here. We're all in the same boat after all.

Reading all the posts about cravings reminded me about a post from a couple of years ago. Same topic. The fact of the matter is, no matter what diet you are on, when you hit goal weight, cravings may come back. It's in our physical make-up. You can see what others and me wrote about it here:

Carb Cravings (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/238411-carb-cravings.html#post3942649)

Losing weight isn't only a physical change, it's a mental change. And it's done through one decision, plus another, plus another, until it becomes a habit. It won't be easy, but it can be done. Patzi is proof of that. :)

Thanks! That really helped.It is a mental change. We have to chose what we are going to do and it's not always easy!
Well, my daughter-in -law called and wanted to go for a walk. This got my mind off food and it worked! I 'm not hungry anymore.Whew...that was a close one...I thought I was going to blow it!

skelley331
09-30-2013, 08:35 PM

JenB72, thanks so much for the carbs post, that's my biggest problem, at night I want ice cream, chips, and chocolate, I've gained about 11 1/2 lbs back but I go back this Thursday to my center!!! I want to do this, and I will do this!:carrot:

MarleneV
10-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Glad to see everyone so excited! It's funny, because my husband sees me on here & says "but you aren't fat anymore...". I tell him I like coming here & reading what others are doing & trying to help others, because it is motivating to me to keep it up.

I think we have 2 great things to take into October, "I won't..." and "I choose...". These apply to more than just diet, of course. I have a meeting at work tomorrow where I'm going to be able to use both of these to help myself there. I didn't think of using these this way until this evening, but I've been able to use the "I won't ..." to avoid stress eating over the work things that I've requested the meeting for, and now I will be able to use both to hopefully resolve the stress issues. Thanks for the ideas, Ladies!