40-Somethings - 40-Somethings September Chat

View Full Version : 40-Somethings September Chat

Sum38
09-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Wishing everyone happy and healthy September.

love2b150
09-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi Sum thanks for the new thread ... good job on the 1.6 down :high: I like your goals and I know you can do it. You've got this :)

Heidi hope you feel better soon :hug:

Penguin have fun today and good job on the .5 :)

my goal for the month is to actually get out of the 180's or at lease get under 185 and continue downward ... if I am good to myself I'll be able to do it.

patchworkpenguin
09-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Sum, thanks for starting a new thread.

Rennie, I tried to have a good time tonight by talking rather than eating everything in sight, lol. We did have a good time.

kelijpa
09-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Had agreat day today working in my garden, we took down our home made gazebo so he can put up something more permanent, it served it's purpose, then I went for hike up the power line across the road, felt very strong.

Looking forward to c25k tomorrow and trying to focus on positivity, like Starbrite.

Have a birthday goal in my ticker, it will be a challenge to achieve, with vacation, Halloween in between, but gotta try!

Hi Love and Penguin!

Thanks for the thread Sum!

Magicsusan
09-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Yay! September thread!
I've had a whoosh, so I'm in a good mood. Hope it lasts!

Sum38
09-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Yesterday;

Meals
Bfast Green Tea
Lunch Homemade pasta sauce with meat, pasta, salad
Dinner Left over grilled chicken, veggie medley
Calories in 1226
Calories burned 2665
Water 80 oz

Exercise
4.7 mile walk
45 minutes of weight lifting
12500 total steps

Weight this a.m.
Down
0.8 pounds

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Sum: Congrats on the getting back on point. Thanks for starting the check in thread. :D

Magic: :woohoo: on the whoosh. Hope it stays.

Love: :crossed: for your 185. You can do this. I can't wait to get into onderland.

Keli: Planning on doing C25K starting this week. My son and I plan on doing a race in the beginning of December. My sister in law and niece are trying for it too so hopefully the support helps me stick with it. Glad you had a good day in the Garden.

Penguin: congrats on the 0.5lbs. Glad you had a good time with your friends.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-03-2013, 07:24 AM
As for me. I was 1.2lbs shy on weight loss for the goal. As it turned out it must have been bloat as today I was 203.8:woohoo:. I am hoping to see Onderland by the 21st of September. I think I can do it. Something about getting the kids back in school and a more structured schedule. Will I be going away in October on a mini vacation to see my sister in Tennessee who is a great cook. Yes. Can I counter it with exercise and water consumption. Yes I can.

Sum38
09-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Carma That is fantastic! And September 21st is a fab day to reach onderland; it is my DS's bday :D -- Sending a ton of positive vibes at your way.

Susan :woohoo: on your whoosh

Keli How long was your hike? -- I keep looking at the C25 program... I walk so much I wish I had the motivation in me to do the program. Good luck!

Penguin Glad to hear that your night was not only fun but successful.

Rennie You can do it!!!!

Moondance
09-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Happy Tuesday! :D

Someone, please give me a swift kick in the rump. I can't get myself back on track.
:tantrum::stress::sumo::club::coach::frypan:

love2b150
09-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Penguin that's good, glad you had a good time :)

keli that hike sounds relaxing. I so miss walking. :) What's your bday goal and when is your bday? Sorry if you've already answered and I just didn't see it.

Magicsusan :yay: you :) Keep it going :high:

Thanks Sum I had your lunch for dinner :drool: and did well until I put those garlic sticks in my mouth (3 of them). I don't know why I can't just tell myself when enough is enough, smh :)

Thanks Carma you know I think if I can just get to 185 then I'd do better but I can't do right long enough to get there :shrug: You can do it Carma nice weigh in the morning :) and 1.2 shy of your goal is a Victory I'd say :) Pat yourself on the back for being close :cheer: LOL my number only went down by .2 for August and today it's higher :)

Moondance don't beat yourself up, one day at a time :hug:

I am up 1.2lbs to 189 not good. I DO NOT, I repeat, I DO NOT want to go back to the 190's. The funny thing is I felt so much lighter this morning yet the scale didn't reflect that, idk. Maybe tomorrow will be better if I can just stay away from BREAD. I will surely try :crossed: ... I should mention that I had two of my oatbrand muffins with flaxseed this morning but I don't think they count ... do they??

Have a great day :hug:

junem
09-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Sum Yay, the return of monthly chat threads.

Moondance Consider yourself kicked. :dancer::dancer:

newleaf123
09-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi, all. Nothing new to report; just checking in. I had a 10:00am meeting, so I forced myself to do a high-intensity workout at 8:45am, yay!

Thanks for starting the thread, sum!

tastetheskinny
09-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Hello, I'm still new here. 44 yo cw179 gw154

I crashed and burned today! My body was so sore last night and woke up sore...felt like I was sitting on my bones and there's plenty of padding! Went to the gym and couldn't row like normal, tried to take it easy...asked the trainer if they recommended more calories or rest because my metabolism is starting to slow down, I'm feeling cold, exhausted, and sick of my veggies! lololol sigh He said to eat the same amount of calories and rest a day, which means no gym for me tomorrow....Obviously, I have to slow down and I'm mixing up my diet today...ate 2 fried eggs w/tofu and have a sweet potato baking in the oven...sitting down to rest with a cup of hot mint tea & also a cup of hot licorice tea. Maybe I could even take a nap! Hoping my period will start, that way I have to rest anyway tomorrow...

What do you do when you crash or your metabolism starts to slow down????

Sum38
09-03-2013, 12:30 PM
:welcome: tastetheskinny. Looking forward to getting to know you. A quick question for you? -- I feel cold and exhausted when I am not no my thyroid meds, have you had your thyroid checked?

Sum38
09-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Anyone making any goals for September?

Mine are: Walk 95-110 miles; Swim 4-8 times; Lift weights 8-12 times and drop 6 pounds (2.4 pounds down so far :yay:) -- Also eat sensibly!! If I get my eating under control, my weight drops quite easy, it is just really hard to follow that narrow path, too many temptations etc. -- Luckily September will only have one special occasion, DS's bday...no national holidays!!! Thank Goodness!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-03-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm with you Sum, thank goodness no major holidays.:carrot: We may go away at the end of the month but should be able to behave. Menu's aren't my enemy as long as I check my fitness pal while ordering. Parties are usually my downfall. Although quite pleased at this last one. I was pretty well behaved.

My September goals:
Lose 7lbs
C25k 3 days a week, planning Tues/Thurs./Sat
Keep intake under 1700 except 1 cheat day weekly which will still be under 2000 calories but I can eat my exercise calories that day.
Weight lift Tues/Thurs/Sat. (going to start with 2 sets of each exercise and work my way up to 4 sets)
Yoga 3 days a week.
Meditation at least 3 days a week.
Plank and crunches daily. Amount to be determined. :D

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-03-2013, 03:56 PM
:welcome3:Taste the skinny. Love your name.

patchworkpenguin
09-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Hubby left for the rest of the week, on a work trip this morning. I'm trying not to go into the kitchen and eat until I feel better. I doesn't work, I'm not going to feel better until he's home but I still want to try. :dizzy:

But at least I have stuff to keep be busy and entertained. This morning I went to a Bible study at church, tomorrow I go to a Bible study at my parents church and then onto lunch. Hubby's Bday is the 11th. I asked Dad to pick up my present to him, so hopefully it will arrive with them tomorrow {its a toaster oven with a toaster built in the top for the RV } Then we'll need to get a card. Thursday morning I go knitting at church as well as knitting at Panera's Thursday night.

Skinny, welcome glad to have you join us.

Sum, I don't like to make goals, but I agree with you about the 'getting eating under control' issue.

kelijpa
09-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi Carma- I'm loving c25k, got through week one, really makes me feel stronger

Love- my birthday is 9 weeks away, I want to weigh 150, it's usually my goal for my birthday, but haven't made it in forever it seems. :)

Moon dance- KICK :D

Hi Penguin- sounds like you do have a lot to keep you busy, that's good, I've been thinking about taking back up some kind of craft, maybe counted cross stitch or crochet, I never learned to knit. Maybe I could.

Had a great OP day, they are few and far between so I'm thrilled, got in my c25k, my functional and strength exercises and a walk at work.

My hike yesterday was two miles.

Welcome Taste!
Best to all :sunny:

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Resumed c25k today was supposed to do week 4 day 1. Chickened out and did week 3 day 1. Completed it. Got my weights in. 2 sets. Plank 3 attempts 45 sec-25 sec-15 sec done. 25 arms extended crunches and 30 count flutter kicks. Ready 4 my bed. Night all.

patchworkpenguin
09-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Kelijpa, I'm sure you could learn. there are a lot of videos on Youtube that show the basics and even much more complicated crafts. Poke around and see what looks interesting to you. I like to knit while watching TV with Hubby.

Carma, great job.

kelijpa
09-04-2013, 05:39 AM
I'll check out YouTube, thanks Penguin, sounds fun.

Great job Carma!

OP day worked good had a little whoosh! Now to keep it off...lol

Hope everyone has a good day :sunny:

Magicsusan
09-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Thanks everyone, for the congrats. I'm sure it's partly water and might be back next week, but I will take what I can get :carrot:

Carma, well done on your whoosh! Tennessee is lovely and great for long walks. I envy you!

Sum, thanks! As for goals, I have alas realized that my dieting skills seem to outclass my mathing skills at the moment and being <110kg does *not* give me a BMI of less than 40 as I thought, so my goal is to make my BMI less than 40.

Moondance! :drill: Put Astral Weeks on the headphones and go for a walk!

Love2b, thanks for the high five :hug: Hang in there. I know what you mean with the lightness; sometimes I think the lightness is caused by having converted some fat into muscle- so, more engine and less dead weight :D Keep moving!

Hello junem and heidi :wave:

Taste the skinny, I'm sorry your energy is flagging. Let me know if you find the answer; I'd quite like to know that myself!

Carma! your exercise goals are amazing! Best of luck :hug:

Hey, PWPenguin. I think the way you're keeping busy is a good idea. Boredom is always my biggest downfall! Hang in there till he's home. I know exactly how you feel :(

Kelijpa, you and others have me wondering about this running thing. I think I'll wait a bit and keep on with the walking till I'm a bit lighter- I'm always worried about my joints. I sometimes wonder what it's like to run... The last time I ran was to catch the last bus. That was about 3 years ago. 100 meters. Definitely go for the knitting as PWPenguin suggests. Busy hands are a good thing. I make myself lots of woolly socks for walkies!

Off to cook lunch for the offspring. I didn't feel like lifting this am, don't know why, so I went for a walk instead (usually do that in the evening to digest dinner). Maybe I'll go again in the evening.
In any case, I'll be lifting tomorrow morning with a vengeance. I can't seem to shift these :mad::devil::mad: flappy bingo-bat wings! It's really getting me down, because it's stopping me from fitting smaller shirts. They are all so big in the torso to fit my arms! :(

Sum38
09-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Another OP day for me. Scale is up a bit, but it may be because of ovulation and I did get quite bit of sodium yesterday and I accidentally ate potatoes twice :nono:..

Another day at the Finnish Center awaits, I may not get my walk and gym in today. I will try to go to the gym for sure.

Meals
Bfast Green Tea
Lunch Baked potato soup (Panera), cheese
Dinner Filet Mignon, 2 potatoes, salad
snacks cashews

Exercise
4.6 mile walk
45 min swim

Calories in 1500
Calories burned 2650

Weight this am
Up 0.6 lbs

patchworkpenguin
09-04-2013, 09:28 AM
I twisted around last night while getting ready for bed and pulled a muscle in my back, right below my waist. Doh. I'm keeping aspercreame on it but I'm having to move carefully this morning.

today is my official weigh-in day but no change from a few days ago. 243.4

My parents are coming to pick me up soon for Bible study, lunch and a little shopping.

Susan, I started knitting again a few years ago to keep my hands busy at night so I wouldn't eat, now I'm obsessed and I want to knit all the time.

Kelijpa, www.knittinghelp.com is a good place to start for knitting, they have a lot of how to videos. www.crochetville.com is a forum for crocheters and then there's www.ravelry.com which is a HUGE site for knitter, crocheters, weavers, spinners etc. Ravelry is worth joining for the free patterns alone but they have huge databases of patterns yarn books, everything {and more} you want to know. They also have groups you can join for specific areas, interests, or stores.

kelijpa
09-04-2013, 10:19 AM
MagicSusan- thanks for the great idea, never thought of making socks for myself ! I was thinking of maybe hats scarves, hmmm socks.

I walked and walked for a long time before attempting the jogging program, one of the programs I tried to do before recommended working up to 30 minute brisk walk before starting, I'm always worried about injury, that would make me so sad if I hurt myself.

PWPenguin- thanks for the resources, I'll definitely check them out.

:sunny:

Sum38
09-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Zumba Where are you girlfriend?????

Sum38
09-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Eating is going well and OP...exercise; only weight lifting for the day. SO much volunteer work and too much stress at home :no:

Why isn't life easy by my 40's??????? It really ought to be. Sigh! Maybe it is my own doing?

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Sum: Sorry about the stressors. Hopefully they will work out soon. I agree life in the 40's isn't as fun as I thought it would be. :(

Penguin: Thanks for the knitting info. I often imagine myself going to a knitting class like in a Debbie Macomber book. Sadly hasn't started yet. I need to try. I got a bunch of my Mom's old knitting needles. I didn't give away and some nice old yarn with a sweater she had started knitting. Eventually I will start. ;)

Zumba: Hello, are you out there???????

Keli: Nice job on the whoosh.

Magic: :( on the shirts. Good job on lifting. I start then stop. Determined to get a full week done for me. Might lift tomorrow at work in the morning. No patients until 9:30. :D

Mrs Snark
09-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi there, I was hoping I could jump on this chat with you guys because, frankly, I'm quite chatty (or yappy, as my darling husband likes to say) and the challenge thread I joined is pretty darn quiet. :)

I'm Michelle, I'm 45, gonna be 46 next month (embrace it Michelle, embrace it!) and have struggled with my weight my whole life. Up, down, up, down, up up up, a little down. So it goes. I'm currently trying to figure out how to STAY DOWN in a healthy range after getting my act together in April of this year.

I look forward to getting to know you all (and possibly talking your ears off!)!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Welcome mrs snark :)

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Oh and sum tried broiled eggplant today. Not a fan but i ate it. Now to find a recipe i like with it.
Tweaked my neck doing crunches. Off to get ibuprophen and ice. I purposely kept my hands in front crossed or straight out ugh.

patchworkpenguin
09-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Snark, welcome, good to see you here. This is why I prefer chats to challenges, more people post more often. I'm not sure why.

Carma, I got my Gma's knitting and crochet stuff when she passed, sadly most of it was older than I was but I kept most of it for sentimental reasons, especially the books. I have a problem with my neck and crunches also. It took me many years to do them correctly. Have you heard the apple under the chin advice? Also try to point your chin at the ceiling especially when you are going up

Sum, I think we do this to ourselves. Last year I only attended one community Bible study but it took two days {Wed-Thurs} I lead a small group on Thurs and Wed was the Leaders meeting. I decided to attend a smaller church sponsored Bible study this year on Tues, attend a Bible study with my parents on Wed, and go to a church Knitting meeting on Thursday morning. Um, hello, I was trying to do less, not more?? I'm meeting a lot of new people, at least. With Hubby gone all the time its nice to have more people to talk to.

Sum38
09-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Mrs Snark :welcome: -- I will be 46 in November :crazy: I was hoping to be at my goal weight by then, but since I took a two month unintended diet break this summer, that goal is totally unrealistic :D I am hoping to be somewhere near it, tho. Is the avatar of you? You've done a fab job on losing weight. Congrats!!!

Sum38
09-05-2013, 07:15 AM
I did not log my food yesterday, typical for my crazy volunteer days. -- Sorry that I was a bit bummed out; so many upsetting things happened, that it really dragged me down, but it is a new day and I will make it in to a good one :sunny:

Today I am having lunch with a girlfriend. I already checked out the menu, and I will go with low cal Tilapia option. It sounded yummy and only 425 calories.

I had a small whoosh; down 2.2 pounds from yesterday. I am still so mad at myself for taking that diet break....when will I learn...lol I did wear a pair of shorts that were too small 2 weeks ago and they "fit". They were a bit on a snugger side though. On a positive note; I have dropped 4/6 pounds I planned to drop for the month! -- Maybe I will have one of those "huge" months?

Sending :dust: to all!

----------

Meals
Did not keep records, but under calories for sure

Exercise
Weight Lifting for 4o min

Weight this a.m.
Down 2.2 pounds

newleaf123
09-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi, everyone.

Am I the old lady on the board at 48?? Sorry you are stressed sum, and welcome here, mrsSnark.

Not much going on here. I think I'm eating because I'm bored. Well, actually, I know I'm eating because I'm bored. Today I'm going to make a conscious effort to curb that. No snacking between meals! I'm planning a pumpkin bean soup for dinner. My 12-year-old is already complaining, and told me this AM that he wished the movie Forks Over Knives was never created LOL. We had white bean mushroom stew last night (and grilled chicken) and I guess he is sick of it. Oh well...

Mrs Snark
09-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, ladies!

Yes, Sum, my avatar is me, on the beach, running and earning myself some wicked shin splits. Lesson learned. But my husband took a couple of nice photos of that day that make it look so much more enjoyable than it was! Congrats on the whoosh! It certainly seems like you are set up to have a big month!

Newleaf - I eventually had to cut out all snacks between meals, they always ended up getting a little out of hand and then I wouldn't have enough calories left for a planned dinner. My life would be so much better if I only had to interface with food about once per week. That would be lovely.

Carma -- my local Thai place does a delicious Thai basil eggplant, if you like basil you might enjoy eggplant that way! Heaven knows I do.

patchworkpenguin
09-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Knitting twice and lunch with a friend planned today. Other than that nothing really exciting.

patchworkpenguin
09-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Arrgh! I spoke too soon!

I somehow managed to pick up a stomach bug. I had to leave knitting early, cancel lunch and this evening, too. I'm starting to feel better at least.

Mrs Snark
09-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Oh no P-Penguin! I hope you continue to improve fast!

It is the start of the weekend for us, and I'm budgeting in 2 martinis with olives and a salad for dinner-- and the salad is optional at this point! ;)

We have recorded the finale of So You Think You Can Dance to watch tonight -- I still can't believe my husband loves watching this show with me, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

I bought new bras and panties today, they are lovely and soft and don't have any pills and snags yet and I've vowed to hand wash them forever so that I never have to go bra and panty shopping again (that won't last).

Sum38
09-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Hehe Mrs Snark, olives are basically salad themselves, ya know! ;)

I miss my vodka drinks.....

Mrs Snark
09-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Sum, I know, I feel so virtuous having vodka salad with extra vegetables (that's the pimiento) for dinner.

*patting myself on the back*

Sum38
09-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Where is the "like" button?????

Stay Puft
09-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Mmmm alcohol. Vodka is one of my favs. I tried the whipped cream flavored vodka with orange crush and it was a dreamcicle for adults. I really need to work drinking into the plan more often. I'd forgo a salad for it. If I had to. Cause I sacrifice like that.

Just to flash my credentials - I'm 46. Will be 47 in a couple of weeks. Not sure when all that aging happened.

Mrs Snark, good luck with that hand washing. I just can't do it. I can't even fool myself into thinking I will do it anymore. I'm on to my own laziness.

patchworkpenguin, feel better.

newleaf123, hope the no snacking is going well.

Sum38, I'm hoping for a huge month for you.

Mrs Snark
09-05-2013, 07:59 PM
*crying*

Just realized tonight is season opener for FOOTBALL, which I love, BUT, now I don't get martinis until tomorrow night when we watch SYTYCD.

Life just throws these curves balls, man, SO HARSH! ;)

Stay Puft - I've been taken by surprise with the aging also. It just seems... so.... wrong.

Stay Puft
09-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Football ruins everything!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Up a little bit. I am blaming it on the increased fiber in my diet.:broc: Hoping tomorrow will be better. Neck feels better. Think I may skip the crunch portion for a week and torture myself with more flutter kicks. :( I can feel it in my Obliques, although a friend told me running can do that. However I don't remember feeling this in July when I was C25King it so I am thinking it's the fluttering. Must do some more planks today/ flutter kicks. Weightlifting done. C25K week 3 day 2 done. (although I had to drag my son out of bed to go with me.) :running:. I was not able to get my 2nd walk in with my daughter. We did dinner at my sisters. The kids and I shared a chicken parmesan meal and I still had a 1/4 portion for work tomorrow. I did my squat lifting at work but had heeled boots on so didn't feel safe doing my lunges. :D

Penguin: Hope the stomach flu is better soon.

Stay Puff: Welcome to the group. You seem like a fun edition. That Orange dreamsicle sounds awesome.

Sum: I have often wished there was some sort of like button. Would save all the quoting.

Mrs. Snark: Thanks for the tip. I will look for a recipe. My sister who loves eggplant (Put it on a perfectly good pizza today) recommended making a babaganush. I do like tahini so maybe that would work too. I was also thinking about sautéing it and just adding it to a curry sauce. I was describing how much I disliked the taste but forced myself to eat it because it was from the purple/blue catergory of food and I wasn't having blueberries.

kelijpa
09-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Carma- glad the neck is feeling better, I tried that suggestion to point chin at the ceiling, it seemed to help. Sometimes the planks get my neck a bit.

Newleaf- I think I am definitely the old lady here, I turned 5-0 last Nov. but am not ready to leave, you could say I'm 49+ soon to be ++

Penguin-hope you're feeling better!

I'm watching football, posting on 3fc instead of snacking, I guess that's some kind of progress!

I think I found my workout routine I can live with, we shall see,but feeling positive, did week 2 day 1 of c25k.

Sum38
09-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Another day that I did not track my calories, I hope it is not becoming a trend. That is when I fall off the wagon each time. I was mindful what I ate, therefore I think I stayed within my allotted calories. I did have a huge dinner, but it was only a large number of veggies and tilapia ( I had two pieced of fish).

Scale is up a bit. -- It may be ovulation; my cycle is a bit messed up after DD started taking the pill. I used to have 32-34 day cycle, now I am being pulled into 28 day one... so I am not sure when I am ovulating each month. So if I am on my own schedule, this is my ovulation time...if I am on my DD's cycle time, I ovulated a few days ago....

I took two walks; one in the morning and one in the evening with family. My total steps for the way were just sort of 20 000 which I am proud off. I also swam for 45 minutes.

Hoping that everyone will have a fab day today!

patchworkpenguin
09-06-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm feeling better today, but I'm still nervous about eating anything. Hopefully, its run its course and I can get back to normal. Hubby comes home today at least.

I need to try to clean house, at least. Its been a while, and I didn't do yesterday's laundry either.

Sum38
09-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Feel better Penguin! :hug:

Zumbachica
09-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Hello....sorry I haven't been around..lots of ugly divorce stuff...I found another house I'd like to buy..it's tinyyyyyyy...but in a nice neighborhood near the beach....things are really bad....custody issues..but we are close to the end...I hope....more court next week........

My weight has not been important lately....I am eating when I am hungry....but not really enjoying food...or life for that matter. Weighed in at a little over 143 today....not bad....hoping I can get to 140 sometime this month.....

Five Zumba classes a week....that's all I can do now...I can't even think about doing anything else rightbnow..I need strength to get me through the next few months....

Magicsusan
09-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Hugs, Zumba.
I wish you lots of strength to deal with the divorce stuff and all the best starting a new chapter when the uglies are over and you can breath again.

Sum38
09-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Zumba!!! I have missed you!! I am so sorry that life is so rough right now. Many :hug:

Another day and I did not log and scale is creeping up (1 pound), hmmm. I must be eating/snacking more that I think I am. I eat out boredom, just like you Heidi. So back to logging each bite! Maybe I should do it on paper, entering all into computer at the end of the day is hard because I forget what I had....

Meals
Not logged
Exercise
Walk 4.6 miles
Weight
Up 1 lb

Magicsusan
09-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Sum, I bought myself a blank journal to record my progress and feelings- they make quite small ones. Might be worth a shot for you. :)

Sum38
09-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I think that may be the way to go, Susan. I could keep it on kitchen counter and in my purse.

Stay Puft
09-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Sum38, if you are rushed you could always snap a photo of the food as well. Assuming you have a cell phone with a camera.

Zumbachica
09-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Up today..I feel bloated.........went to see house again with mason to go over brickwork....it needs work...grrrrrrr........hopefully sellers will go down in price....

Sum38
09-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Zumba; How long do you have till you have to move? -- What happened to the first house you looked at?

Zumbachica
09-07-2013, 05:41 PM
First house I looked at was bought by Russians who are using it just for the weekends.....this house I'm buying now is much smaller and half the price but more affordable...and completely renovated...I will send you the link on MLS...I AM GIVING UP SO MUCH MOVING OUT OF THE MANSION I LIVE IN NOW....but getting something more important...peace of mind....oh and a pool...;). Another reason to get in shape!

newleaf123
09-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi, everyone. Just got back from an overnight trip to Maryland for DH's work. Food was outside of my control, martinis were good. Enough said. Now I'm home and have started a NO SNACK WEEK. Three meals a day. That's it. I just planned out dinner for the week. I seem to make much more interesting meals if I start thinking about it before 5:00pm the day of... Tonight, though, it's just leftovers. I've got mushroom stew and lentil stew that I made last week that need to either get eaten or get frozen.

:hug: to zumbaChica. I hope the divorce and it's nastiness is behind you quickly, and that it works out with your cute little beach house!

Penguin I hope you're feeling better.

Sum I know you will get back on eating track.

StayPuffed welcome!

:wave: to everyone else!

I have to tell you -- it was really nice going to this event with DH and feeling like I could wear fun clothes with confidence. I ended up with a pinkish-purple skirt, a sheer top with a lilac camisole underneath, black tights with pink polka dots, and black boots. Good motivation to keep the weight off. It was nice having the challenge be coming up with something FUN to wear, as opposed to coming up with something that fit. A photo was taken of the group. I'll see if I can crop and insert.

Zumbachica
09-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Awesome Newleaf!!! Such. A good feeling to wear what you want....and feel good in it!!!!!!

Zumbachica
09-08-2013, 09:15 PM
SUM did you see the new dress from WHBM...OMGOSH, if that's not reason enough to lose weight then I don't know what is! LOL

junem
09-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Zumba's comment about WHBM made me think of a long term goal of mine, to wear an LBD for New Years Eve. It has been years, even decades since I have done that. Does it become impossible to wear the LBD at some age? or size? Dunno, but I don't think it does. All of a sudden NYE is only a little over 3&1/2 months away. HMM. Thinking long term challenge. Wondering if I have the guts to uncover some skin, and get hubby to take me out.

patchworkpenguin
09-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Thought I'd check in. I'm not sure what I got but I had alternating fever and chills for two days, and just didn't want to eat anything, Hubby came home and now I feel better but still not 100%.

Hope you guys are well.

Mrs Snark
09-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Sorry to hear you're still feeling bad, Ppenguin! Hopefully it will be totally gone soon!

Sum38
09-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Zumba Please send me the link of the dress? Also I would love to see the house link!!!

Heidi You sound happy! Isn't it wonderful when one can wear so many beautiful things and they fit beautifully?!

Penguin Sounds like a nasty bug you have. Feel better soon! My DS was sick this weekend as well.

Mrs Snark I peeked at you Blog. You look amazing. I loved the pose you had for progress pictures.

junem No it does not...maybe a size wise, but at any age I would think it'd be okay. -- I already have my dress for NYE :D It is size small, and I better fir into it, darn it :D :D

Sum38
09-09-2013, 10:57 AM
I have stalled :( I am staying way below my calories and not eating back any exercise calories and keeping up with lots of exercise and a healthy diet and scale won't budge. It feels like that what ever fluid I am taking in, it is not coming out. I am drinking nearly 100 oz of water/decaf tea per day and barely going to potty. I don't feel overly bloated, though. What to do? Maybe I could have some coffee ( I haven't had any since April, I think) because it usually made me pee :D -- Our bodies are such a mystery.

Weekend was busy with various sports events for my DS. He is such an athlete. Right now he is running cross country and playing baseball. On top of that he is a straight A student (with AP classes!). I am so proud of him :love: Heck, I think both of my kids are amazing :D DD is doing well in college... I can't believe that I am old enough to have college aged children, it feels like that I was JUST in college myself.

I had a pretty good day yesterday;
Bfast Green Tea
Lunch Cobb Salad w/ranch dressing
Dinner Salmon, potatoes and assorted veggies
Snacks Handful of nuts

Exercise
4.7 mile fast walk

Weight
No change

newleaf123
09-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Sum, sorry to hear that you are stalled out. On paper, it looks like you are doing everything right. Maybe you could switch up your cardio? I find that no matter how fast I walk (14-15 min miles in hilly terrain), I don't get nearly as much workout as if I do the elliptical or stairmaster. Just a thought.

Penguin, feel better soon!

Nothing new here. I'm attempting to make rosemary focaccia in the crock pot; I'm a little skeptical, but we will see.

newleaf123
09-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Oh, and June, absolutely go for the LBD!! I still have one that I wore back in the early 90s. Black velvet, plunging neckline. I tried it on a couple weeks ago; a couple more hip inches and it fits!

Sum38
09-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Heidi you sound just like my hubby :D He says I need to shake things up a bit and elliptical would be a smart choice. Perhaps I should listen you two???

Today I'm changing things a bit. I drove my DH to the airport and I had some time to kill, so I went out to bfast, whopping 1100 cals. I will only have a very light dinner and see what scale presents tomorrow morning....

I also went and got a new haircut. Very short on back and long on front. It brought up my natural summer high lights out quite nicely. I thought I needed color, but my hair looks super light over all (I am a natural blonde...I grew up in Finland after all....) I do get a bit darker during winter months but MIchigan sun just makes me go super blond during summer months. I like the cut. My DH will hate because he will say; "it is too short". He likes my naturally blonde and straight hair. I hate it because I am always looking for more volume....women are from Venus, men are from Mars.

Zumbachica
09-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Sum. Congrats on the new haircut...sometimes we just need a change...my hair has highlights I pay bug bucks for, you're so lucky you have natural blonde in your hair......

I have been nervous about court tomorrow....didnt eat until a little while ago,,,,

Sum38
09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Sending you my positive vibes Zumba!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Snark
09-10-2013, 09:40 AM
I love the way your new haircut sounds, Sum! Thanks for the nice words about my blog & photos, but I really wish I'd picked a better pose for my comparison series. I feel, and look to myself, so awkward, lol. But oh well, I gotta stick with it!

Newleaf -- I'm wondering how the crockpot bread turned out! I love rosemary on anything, I'm almost afraid to hear that awesome focaccia could be easy to make in a crockpot!

What designer is LBD? I'd like to see the dresses!

newleaf123
09-10-2013, 08:45 PM
zumba, I hope things went in your favor today :hug:

sum, how are you liking the new cut? It sounds awesome by the description! When I was on the Patagonia trek, there was a woman from Denmark with the natural blonde hair... so pretty!

mrsSnark it took me a while to figure it out, but LBD = little black dress. The rosemary focaccia was good, but not awesome. It has definitely inspired me to try again. The recipe was a little wonky but I can try tweaking it. Also, my yeast seemed a little dead even though I checked it and it hadn't expired. I bought it maybe 2 years ago, though, so ...

Sum38
09-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Heidi I am struggling with the haircut a tad bit. It is a LOT shorter than it was before and now i need to learn how to style it. I think will get better once the lines soften a bit and another 2-3 weeks worth of grow.

Zumba Thinking about you girlie!

-------------
Nothing exciting to report ...lol! I had a lunch out with a girlfriend, we went to BrioTuscan Grille, and I managed to order a meal that was under 400 calories!! I did have dessert though. -- I walked in the morning but felt too tired to lift weights. I am hoping to get that yuckiness in today :D I am also thinking about taking a yoga class later on today. Mixing things up a bit.

Meals
Bfast Green Tea
Lunch Steak w/tofu and veggies,Creme Brulee
Dinner Chicken w/veggies
Snacks Handful of peanuts
Exercise
4.7 mile walk
Weight
No change

patchworkpenguin
09-11-2013, 09:58 AM
After being sick all week I finally feel good today.

No change in today's weigh in, but I'm not really surprised!

Today is Hubby's Bday but we celebrated last night. I made his favorite dinner and banana bread instead of cake

kelijpa
09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Glad you're feeling better Penguin.

Walked at lunch today, very humid, felt like I sweated buckets, apologized to the guy next cube over for blowing my stink at him with my fan, he had walked to, so was sympathetic, lol

Mrs Snark
09-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Little black dress, duh, how did I not pick that up! Thanks Newleaf. I need to learn how to make good focaccia like I need a hole in my head, but I'm intrigued by the crockpot concept since I really dislike cooking but certainly can manage to turn on the crockpot. At least I think I can.

I have to go to the grocery store today, I am totally out of fruit. A neighbor gave us starfruit from their tree last week, which I had never had before. Seems weird to have never eaten a fruit that apparently commonly grows in this area, but there you have it, it was a first. I ate one every day until it was all gone. But now I'm in the mood for something that is NOT starfruit, I'm starferuitted out.

newleaf123
09-12-2013, 09:33 AM
mrsSnark you are off the hook with the focaccia. It requires multiple steps as well as mixing outside of the crock. I used a kitchen aid with a dough hook. I think it might fall in your "I don't like cooking" category. LOL but I can share the recipe if you like. // I have never had star fruit either // I have been on a mission fig kick. Bought a few this morning. Last time I pan seared and then splashed with balsamic. Incredible! This time I will try stuffing with Gorgonzola and then heating in a pan. I'm excited!

Mrs Snark
09-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Oh thank goodness, I knew there was a catch. That is definitely cooking and I will never make that recipe and therefore will not have to exert extreme self control around the focaccia.

Now...I'll just need your address so I can stop by and you can feed me a tiny, portioned-controlled amount of lovely homemade focaccia after you've done all that hard work. ;)

patchworkpenguin
09-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Its nice to be back to normal after last week. Of course the normal ends tonight, we are packed and ready for a trip tomorrow to a local state park for the weekend. Yay!

Newleaf, I made homemade bread once a week from a starter for several years, then one day I woke up to make the bread and thought, why am I doing this? I don't even enjoy it anymore. I waited a few weeks, to see if I changed my mind, and then started buying bread. I'm still wondering what changed.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Mrs. Snark: you have me :rofl:. Glad you don't need to stress over the focaccia. I love your quote by the way. Very Zen.

Heidi: Yum on the figs. They sound awesome. Now to attempt them myself.

Sum: New hair cut sounds cute. Glad you had such a nice lunch with your friend.

Penguin: Enjoy your trip to the park.

Kelli: I hear you on the humidity. It has been brutal. Not the indian summer it should be.

Zumba: :hug:. I hope all went well at your case. Sending good vibes about the house too.

JuneM: I still have the black polka dotted halter dress I wore on my first date with my husband. I was 140lbs when I wore it then. One day I hope to wear it. Will be nice if it coordinates with our 19th anniversary. I may fit into a maroon velvet for Christmas time that I found in the back of my closet.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-12-2013, 07:57 PM
As for me :goodscale. 202.4 this morning. Onderland here I come. May even be a few days earlier than the 21st. No real big plans for the weekend. There will be fair food on Saturday for one meal. None I really love though. I think I can stay in control. Sunday I am having a 31 bag party. Planning on putting out healthy snacks and an apple cider sangria. I will keep the wine on the side though. I don't like it.
We should close on my Mom's house at the end of the month.
Kids have been fighting a lot. My daughter is still trying to be good and stick with moderation.
No second work out tonight. Early bed, need to get up for 4am. Have a good night all.

newleaf123
09-12-2013, 08:35 PM
sook2bSkinny what is a 31 bag party?? And how exciting to be so close to crossing out of the 200s -- yay!!

patchwork that's really funny about the bread. Sometimes we get into habits and forget to reevaluate them every once in awhile!

mrsSnark glad I saved you from the focaccia! I go to FL every July... I'll have to bring you some, LOL

kelijpa it has been disgusting in my part of PA too. Ick. Hopefully it's supposed to break.

Here, tomorrow is the closure of my self-inflicted Friday the 13th challenge. I was fluctuating between 153.0 and 152.9 this AM. Fingers crossed for 152.x tomorrow!

Zumbachica
09-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone.....nice to see you all here plugging away....I've been walking around the past few days in a daze...so much to wrap my head around. Looks like I'll be moving into my new house in a few months.....I feel a bit overwhelmed.

I have not had an appetite and eat one meal a day....I'm lucky if I even get that down. Maybe i'll finally get to goal after all but it won't be the righ tway....

Zumbachica
09-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Newleaf: I hope you hit your goal tomorrow....I forgot it was Friday the 13th. I love your ideas with the figs, I have fig bushes and never knew what to do with them other than eat them uncooked.

Carma: I love 31 gift stuff...I bought a few of their things and love them.....

Penguin: My MIL to this day makes homemade bread by hand all the time.....I love making bread but I use a bread machine, it makes the house smell so good...but it isn't the type of thing I would do all the time...why should I if I have access to wonderful bread in the store....especially bread from the Bronx....Bronx bread Is the Bomb!!

Snark: the first and only time I had star fruit was in florida..it doesn't taste like much but its so pretty...I see them once in a while at the store here but don't know what I would do with it....

Sum: drinking and not peeing it out doesn't seem to make sense.....your body shouldn't be holding water like that unless you have a problem with sodium...or you are premenstrual. Lemon is a natural diuretic, so is asparagus...maybe having those things will help? I get very bloated and I hate it, I used to take diurex but now i'm afraid to because I read somewhere your body can hold even more water to make up for what you lose with the diurex and it becomes a vicious circle....

newleaf123
09-13-2013, 05:56 AM
zumba :hug: things will get better, back to normal. A new normal, yes, but normal and routine again. Hopefully soon! Bronx bread! I have a funny story about Bronx bagels, which I will save for another time.

I met my Friday the 13th goal. Mark me down as somewhere between satisfied to happy, at 152.1 today. Actually, I'm thrilled - yay! Now onto Hug A Vegan Day 9/27 ! I'm just taking things 2 weeks at a time, trying to maintain, or even better - drop a pound.

kelijpa
09-13-2013, 06:57 AM
I forgot it was Friday the thirteenth, too. Congrats on making your goal Newleaf!

Humidity is supposed to let up and temp cool down, so should be good hiking weather over the weekend.

Zumba :hug:

Carma- congrats on you impending entry into Onederland, you're doing great!

Mrs Snark
09-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Its nice to be back to normal after last week. Of course the normal ends tonight, we are packed and ready for a trip tomorrow to a local state park for the weekend. Yay!.

Have fun, that sounds like a great time!

I still have the black polka dotted halter dress I wore on my first date with my husband.

A black polka dotted halter sounds so pretty! I've got a thing for polka dots, they look so classy but also sweet and fun!

As for me :goodscale. 202.4 this morning. Onderland here I come.

:carrot: So close, any day now, CONGRATULATIONS!

Snark: the first and only time I had star fruit was in florida..it doesn't taste like much but its so pretty...I see them once in a while at the store here but don't know what I would do with it...

The ones I had were quite sweet and juicy and a bit perfumey. I ate them raw and also put them in oatmeal. Seems like they'd be good in a salad also, as a counterpoint to garlicky-balsamic or something. Maybe I'll try that if I get more.

I met my Friday the 13th goal. Mark me down as somewhere between satisfied to happy, at 152.1 today. Actually, I'm thrilled - yay! Now onto Hug A Vegan Day 9/27 ! I'm just taking things 2 weeks at a time, trying to maintain, or even better - drop a pound.

Congrats! I didn't even realize today is Friday the 13th, I don't know where my head is at! You should be thrilled! Well done!

Plus, I had no idea there was even such a thing as "Hug a Vegan" day! I'm going to expect many, many hugs now and will have to hug shame everyone I know into giving them to me!

Today is my weekly weigh day and I am 147.2. Yippee! Seems like I have a good chance of getting under 146 for my 46th birthday at the end of October. Of course, I probably just jinxed it.

Sum38
09-13-2013, 12:01 PM
I am craving for comfort foods; it is cold here in MI, and feels like fall is upon us. So I am making split pea soup; the rest of the family loathes it, but it happens to be my fav. I am also making chili base. I take bunch of different chilies like cayenne, habanero, chili peppers, hungraian peppers etc and let them simmer together for 6 hours....bliss! I think chili will be prepared tomorrow.

I am up 3 pounds this week. I have been eating like a pig. :dunno:

I am hating my new cut. It is wayyyy too short, and I am having a hard time fixing it. Luckily, it is only hair and it will grow back. Woot! I experience with my hair all the time. Because it is only hair :D

Off I go to make some pesto. TaTa for now.

Mrs Snark
09-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh Sum, I love split pea soup, love love love!

I have a constant issue of cutting my bangs too short (I cut my own hair, horrifically, but I do it anyway) and then I vow to grow them out, and then suddenly they are waaay too long and I cut them -- too short again. Repeat. For decades.

Edited to add: this is why I love to wear hats. :)

love2b150
09-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Sum I'm gonna try drinking tea in the mornings like you to see how my body reacts. I also plan to copy your menu's to see how I do. It definitely seems like enough food though I may have to have one low carb yogurt to take my metformin each morning. I'll have to see how my tummy does. I may finally be use to the medicine. Thanks for posting your meals :)

Mrs Snark I typically do most of my hair cutting/trimming also with the help of my son but often make a mistake and have to touch it up with some Maybelline mascara because my hair is so thin. :)

Zumba I pray nothing but the best for you :hug:

I have been reading the thread and I did catch up but can't remember most of what I've read, I'm sorry.

I had a good weigh in this morning 188.8 down .8 from yesterday and fbs was 205 not great but lower than it's been. I am drinking tea (like Sum) this morning because my husband I plan to have our first just us day in a very long time. We have a gift card for Olive Garden so we are planning to use that and trust me I don't plan to over do it because I know that too much pasta will make me feel miserable. Any suggestions that you all may have are appreciated, thanks. There's also a $1.50 theater here and since we haven't seen a movie together (in a theater) in about three years we're gonna do that. (on a budget here, can you tell? :D) I'd like to take a nice walk before the movie after the Olive Garden not sure where to do it. I'll have to google some places before my hubby gets home from work. Well off I go ...

Have a great day Everyone :hug:

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-14-2013, 11:33 AM
202.6 On the scale. Not bad after going to the Casino with husband and kids. We went bowling there and had a good time. I did better the second time as I insisted on having the bumpers up for me. I am horrible at bowling. I have been known to bowl backwards:D. Ate some delicious pizza with steak and potatoes on it and about 3/4 of a chicken breast burger with grilled pineapple on it with some yummy pineapple mayo. Walked all over the casino ate all my exercise calories and was still over by about 60 calories. For a grand total of 2200 calories. So pretty happy with only a 0.2 oz gain. Did I mention I went to the gelato place twice. Once for Gelato and once for Sorbet. Only a half cup both times and the first time was split with my husband. Kids wanted to have some candy from a store called LICK. The tin they wanted was 16dollars. I told them if they wanted it they had to eat chocolate covered bugs. They ate it. Split a 4 pack of bugs one worm each and one cricket each. Next time they give me crap about not wanting to try new food I will just remind them they have eaten bugs.
Zumba::hug:. Glad things are calming down a bit. Also glad that your body has chosen not to stress eat for you.
New Leaf: 31 bags are a home based party. They have all types of patterns. I compare them to Vera Bradley stuff but I don't think they are as well made. I booked a party off a neighbor. :carrot:Congrats on meeting your Friday the 13th goal.
Sum: I somewhat have grown to like split pea soup. My kids can't commit to it though. Enjoy the fall bounty your getting. :stir:

Kelli: Have fun hiking. :)

Penguin: Hope your trip was enjoyable.

Sum38
09-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Rennie, then I will definitely keep posting my daily meals. When I stay OP I usually consume 1200-1500 cal per day. I am flattered. :hug:

I am in (stomach) pain this am, because my menu for the day was all legumes (Rennie, you may want to skip this meal plan...lol) I ate split pea soup for lunch and super hot chili (made with ghost peppers!) for dinner. The old poem about magical beans was right ;)

Scale went down 1.4 pounds, but I am still h-e-a-v-y, sigh! I did have a four day food orgy, though, so what can I say.........

Meals
Bfast Green Tea
Lunch Split peas soup
Dinner Chili w/ sour cream and cheese
Snacks Guacamole w/chips

Exercise
None

Weight this am
Down 1.4 pounds

love2b150
09-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Carma real bugs? Interesting! I love Gelato. I miss the place at home that my daughter and I use to go to when we had a few dollars to spare :)

Nice weigh-in, Sorry about your tummy Sum, I hope you get some relief :hug: LOL that's funny about the menu :rofl: but it seems lately everything I eat has my tummy rolling, :D the kids and my husband just shake their head :)

My weigh in today was the same as yesterday 188.8. I've had green tea and pu'erh tea, my left over whole wheat pasta from yesterday with 4 beef meatballs for lunch and homemade peppered steak with brown rice for dinner. and a few sour cream and onion chips. Not great choices but I don't feel over-filled and I'm not hungry.

I hope you all had a great Sunday :)

kelijpa
09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Beautiful day here, made some tomato sauce with tomatoes from the garden, it was good, but ate too much pasta, and some wonderful bread. Vegan day tomorrow, we watched a movie called Get Vegucated, it was pretty good, didn't agree with everything, but it was interesting.

Instead of juice fasting, we're eating veg a few times a week, I'm still trying to eat up my cucumbers, so many this year, I'll be missing them soon, have been taking peeled cut up cucumbers and tomato with 2 tablespoon Italian dressing for lunch.

Anyhow, finalized vacation plans for October, California to see my Auntie and Yosemite, next weekend I'm walking in the race for the cure with my mom, 22 year breast cancer survivor, she just had skin cancer removed from her nose so we're going t take it slow, wear your sunscreen or cover up!!

Sum38
09-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Carma, you must be my soul sister, because I stink at bowling too ! :D We used to do midnight bowling on NYE. It was fun though. -- You are almost at onderland, yay!

Mrs Snark You could have some of this soup, because I am OD:ing on it...lol I think I have one serving left and then I can give my tummy some rest.

---------

My day was pretty good. I think I ate a little too much peanut butter, though. It is a few days from TOM so my carvings are insane. -- I took 5 days off from exercise, I need to recommit. I did go for a walk, which felt very nice. My girlfriend I trying to get me join all these classes at the gym, I may try yoga.

Meals
Bfast Green Tea
Lunch Splitpea soup
Dinner Salmon, potatoes, broccoli, corn and watermelon
Snacks apple with peanut butter

My water intake was poor

Exercise
4.7 mile brisk walk

Weight
Up 0.6 pounds

Zumbachica
09-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi all...thank you for your kind words. It really hasn't been an easy time....I'm starting to get my bearings again and life is going on with or without me....In contract for the house now which is scary. I have been looking at furniture and that is something exciting in an otherwise horrible time of my life.

My appetite has come back with a vengeance. Ihave been indulging in way too many carbs....not really paying attention...I feel really bloated and heavy..won't step on the scale today but will tomorrow. My zumba schedule is full again tahnks to a few classes that have resumed....I will be getting my cardio in for sure, now I just have to figure out a resistance training schedule..I'm thinking twice a week should suffice and is really all I have time for.

Going food shopping today and hopefully will get groceries for some healthy meals this week....have to make lunches for my boys also.....so much to think about....when you're in crisis simple things become challenges.

Really would like to see 140 by the end of this month.....135 by the end of next....

Mrs Snark
09-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Kelijpa -- how big is your garden? It must be nice to eat your own produce. Your vacation plans sound great, are you going to climb Half-Dome in Yosemite? I'm both dying to do that climb AND terrified of the whole idea. Great footage of that hike here, I've watched this video a ton of times (http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/halfdome.htm#CP_JUMP_365187) (the video starts slow but stick with it the footage is amazing/awesome/terrifying/awesome!).

Sum38 - I'd have gladly finished your soup for you (unless it had bacon/meat in it, which case you're on your own!)!

Zumbachica - buying a house can be so stressful, hang in there! Enjoying decorating and shopping for furniture, that part is definitely fun!

We had a celebration weekend with far too many surgary alcohol drinks and snack foods to be feeling great today. I'm glad it is in the past and ready to have the house empty of tempting snack items.

patchworkpenguin
09-16-2013, 01:04 PM
We spent the past 3 days in a State park in Northwest TN. The weather was perfect for sitting or hiking during the day and sitting around a campfire by night.

Hubby had to fly out again this week for work. This is worse than when he was in the Navy!

Kelijpa, I'd like to see Yosemite!

Sum, I don't cook much during the summer but once the first hint of Fall shows up, the soup pot is always out!

Snark, I cut my own hair also. I've let it grow for the past few years but decided it was too long and have been gradually trimming it to where I like it. I don't have bangs anymore but layering my own hair is a challenge, :dizzy: I should just go to Supercuts.

kelijpa
09-16-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm excited and scared to hike half-dome, they talk about making sure you're in shape and giving yourself enough time and taking it seriously, no wonder it's scary...hope it all works out. I love national parks, this is the granddaddy so just seeing it is going to be awesome.

Mrs Snark-just watched that video, you're right, it's awesome and frightening, don't know how far we'll go, but looks great no matter how far you get. My garden is probably medium size, we get a lot from it, I had to travel when it was time to plant so without DH there wouldn't have been as much, every year is different, we got lots of cucumbers and tomatoes, some years we get hardly any. It's therapy for me, and exercise. :D

TN sounds great Penguin, love sitting by the campfire!!

Zumba- good to hear from you, wishing you health and strength through your trials.

Sum- I've OD'd on split pea a time or two, lol, it's so great but can be "distressing" :rofl:

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Up to 204.4 yesterday and down to 204 today. I think that I didn't drink enough Saturday and Sunday and now am chasing the water consumption. Got to go to the spa yesterday afternoon. Did get a workout in but at the spa. Skipped my morning one. My skin feels awesome from the body scrub and got to connect with an old friend without the husband and kids around or anyone else. NSV for me. Ate dinner by myself at the spa bar instead of the restaurant. Ordered 3 things that totaled 1200 calories. Ate only 1/4 of the gnocchi and the roasted vegetable quesadilla ate all the salad but took off 3/4 of the pecans and the stilton cheese which I asked for on the side. Half of the 1.5 tbsp. dressing that they gave me. I brought home some cheesecake to share with the husband and I had 1/3 of it. I will have some of those for lunch today and split with my husband. Got to get the kids to school. Will do personals later. :D

Sum38
09-17-2013, 07:49 AM
My daily check in. My splitpea soup is finally gone (Mrs. S; it comes with ham, but I also put some potatoes , onions, celery and carrots in it :D). My tummy can get some rest now. I just have to figure out what to have for lunch now. Maybe I will make some Greek lemon and rice soup....that sounds yumm-o.

I finally dragged myself to the gym after a week long break and it actually felt great. Today I am hoping to get my walk in and swim.

Why is it so hard to stay OP?? I want to lose weight, but my mouth seems to think otherwise. I stay OP for a week and then I slip. I am gaining and losing the same 5-10 pounds over and over again. -- It is harder now that I am 45 than it was when I was 25, but still...this is my own doing. It just seems that I can not commit. -- Look at yesterday; beautifully executed day; scale dropped 1.4 pounds. One would think something like yesterday would be motivating enough to stay OP...I know I will say OP here for a few days, probably get down to 155 and then BAM! my orgy with food starts all over again. Do I have some sort of an eating disorder? Because I "binge" after a nice stretch of OP days. Or is it just laziness? -- I can not figure it out...

Meals
B ~ Green Tea
L ~ Splitpea Soup, few crackers
D ~ Steak, potato, broccoli
S ~ Apple with PB, handful of mixed nuts
Water 60 oz

Exercise
4.7 mile walk
Weight Lifting

Weight
Down 1.4 lbs

Mrs Snark
09-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Sum -- are you possibly responding to true hunger? Just a thought. If you are on-plan for a few days (but on the low side of calories during those days) you may actually be getting truly hungry and then BAM, you have to eat and it feels like self-control slips away and you end up overeating.

I have, in the past, fallen into that sort of pattern, always with the best of intentions. My on-plan days would be low in calories and in the back of my mind I'd be thinking, "GOOD, I need to be lower than normal to make up for last week's overeating".... but I would only be able to sustain the under-caloried on-plan eating for maybe a few days or a week and then inevitably I'd have a day where the hunger would cause me to go crazy (usually followed by several more of the crazy type days).

I broke this cycle by upping my calories overall for on-plan days using really healthy foods, then hunger never caught me, I stopped overeating, and the average calories I was taking in for the week was far lower than I was getting with the restrict/binge behavior pattern. Real hunger is NOT my friend, I make sure I am NOT hungry.

This of course may not be YOUR problem at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there since it took me a long time to break the cycle...

newleaf123
09-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Sum, I share your exact same struggle / pattern. I don't think the label is what's important (disorder, laziness, etc) -- it's the recognizing the pattern and getting back to it that is important. (in my opinion) Okay - 4 days off for me. I'm back to it. Ugh.

Kelijpa, I'm so envious of your planned half dome hike! I'll have to put that on my bucket list... I remember in my early 20s, my boyfriend at the time had done it once on his own (with a brother? or a friend?) and then once with his middle-aged father who slowed them down but made it. Ha! We *are* that middle-aged parent now. Time warp... Just got to keep doing this stuff; it keeps us going.

:wave: everyone!

Here, as I wrote above -- 4 days off plan, now I'm back at it. Enough said.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Sum: You can be my bowling soul sister any time. On your on point days do you still give yourself some sort of treat? Something to satisfy your craving. I try to give my self something salty or sweet or sometimes sweet and salty as my treat during the day. My latest treat I like is Salem baking company Moravian cookies they make multiple flavors. I usually have 4-6 which is between 40-90 calories and I sandwich either frozen yogurt or sorbet in between them. I limit the sorbet/frozen yogurt to under a 1/4 cup to cut calories. The salty I have been doing pretzels with dip.

Keli: your trip sounds awesome.

Penguin: your trip to Tennessee sounds great. I can't wait to drive their to see my sister.

Zumba: :hug:, hang in their. Relieve your stress with exercise. Enjoy the planning for the new house.

Love: yes real chocolate covered bugs. I am sure they were freeze dried.

Mrs Snark and Heidi: :wave:

Went out and exercised. Did week 5 of C25K day 1 and then continued walking a half an hour. Now to watch a movie, sort bills and papers and make husband lunch before running errands and taking the princess to see her Rheumatologist.

patchworkpenguin
09-17-2013, 03:04 PM
I went to Bible study this morning, then out to lunch with the group. I had seafood gumbo with rice, which was very good. My brain is telling me to eat a candy bar, but my stomach is saying 'where will I put it? I'm FULL" so I'm trying to listen to my stomach. We have some candy left over from our trip so I'm trying to ration it out.

Carma, which part of TN are you going to?

Sum, I have the same problem. I can be 'good' for only so long then I feel like a dam breaks and I'm eating everything in sight.

Sum38
09-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Thanks for your input ladies!! :grouphug:

Mrs. S I was thinking about that. -- But I think I am not hungry. For instance today I am having my typical day; I had Green Tea for bfast. I loathe bfast, therefore I don't even eat it any more. I had an apple with peanut butter (a hefty serving of PB) for snack at 10:30. I felt full. I had my chicken/lemon/rice soup for lunch at noon and I was definitely full after 1 1/2 cups of it. I just had some trail mix and watermelon for an afternoon snack. I know I will be hungry at dinner time, but I have over 600 cals allocated for pasta w/meat sauce meal. And I will have a huge serving of grilled veggies to go with my pasta, and I know I will be stuffed. -- So I don't think it is hunger. I think it is just mindless eating, and out of boredom eating :(

I have been sipping tea all afternoon; that gave me something to do and something to put into my mouth :D

On a yucky note; I think I am getting sick. My DS had a cold all weekend and he shared with me. I have loaded myself up with cold preventing meds. -- When I am sick, what do I do...EAT! Other lose their appetite, I eat out of boredom. Too sick to do anything, and too bored.

As I was getting dressed, I took a hard look at myself and I really don't like how I look. -- I should go on front of mirror each time I want to eat...maybe that would keep me from mindless eating :D :D Or better yet, eat on front of the mirror and make sure I am sitting and seeing my huge belly sitting on my lap...lol...that should curb all mindless eating.

Well one meal at a time. I have been OP for a few days now, I can not do anything about the past, perhaps my future will be a healthier one.... Just breathe!

Mrs Snark
09-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Ahhh boredom eating, a whole 'nother problem (I have that one also). Sounds like you've sussed out the situation.

I am trying to work my way back into a pair of Guess jeans I've had since college (I'm almost 46) and sometimes when I feel the urge to snack I go put them on and try to wear them for a few minutes. I can just now get them zipped (though I can't sit down in them and I can't take deep breathes -- oh high-waisted college jeans, how you school me!). This usually cures me of wanting to snack at that moment.

It even seems like skinny, high-waisted, pegged jeans are making a small comeback, so who knows! If I can finally squeeze back into those suckers they might actually be in style at that point -- everything old is new again!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Ah to fit into old school jeans again. I had a pair of aqua leopard spotted ones from merry-go-round. I loved that store. Good day today. Got that C25K run in and walked that extra half an hour in the morning and just came back from another 30 minute walk.
Expensive day though. DD has been complaining her feet hurt for a while now. We went to see her Rheumatologist for her yearly check up 6 months late. Mentioned the feet hurting thing. She said no swelling in her joints but she is definitely stiff in the ankles. She also appears to be flat footed so off to the new balance store we went to have the custom foot measurement done. 64.99 for a pair of sneakers that will be shipped to us and 60 dollars for a pair of orthotics to go in the sneakers and any other shoes. She has a definite pronation of her feet. I explained that she now has to wear only those shoes 6 days a week. For now we put the 60 dollar orthotics in her old sneakers. Thankfully we didn't go shoe shopping at the beginning of her school year. I postponed it because I knew her feet would be growing. Hopefully they don't shoot out of the shoes we just bought. We went one size up. Next size will be adult women's though. I did just order her some sparkly slip on shoes but think the insert would come out. Maybe she can wear those on days she doesn't wear sneakers. We will see they were only 16 bucks.
Had to eat at Taco bell for dinner as we were on the run to get home. I ordered the chicken cantina bowl and ate only half took the rest home for lunch. I will mix it with my lettuce I have and some more chicken breast should work out. Managed to get 600calories of exercise so hopefully good scale in the AM.
Penguin: My sister lives in Lewisburg which is south of Nashville.

kelijpa
09-17-2013, 09:35 PM
CArma- I love the cantina bowl @ Taco Bell, a treat every few weeks or so. Sorry to hear about DD's foot probs. I had to use heel cups for awhile, always have to be careful of the arch when buying shoes, otherwise I get cramps in the instep, sux. Congrats on the c25k, tomorrow I finish up week 3, should be able to get week 4 in before vacation, then just try to maintain that til I get back.

More later :sunny: sorry battery issues...

I have one old pair of jeans I never want to fit into again, I saved them from one time I lost weight and then grew back into them, I heard you should keep one article of clothing for a reminder of where you were, now those jeans are really a reminder!

Sum38
09-18-2013, 09:32 AM
I am definitely sick. Today will be a couch day... After the million errands I need to run at first, sigh. And then I will have time to respond to everyone's posts :)

I had another OP day, need to celebrate those. TOM is nearing and I can "feel" water weight on me. My boobs are like full milk jugs. :D Scale was up a bit. (We also had dinner super late because of son's crosscountry meet, that usually reflects on my scale as well).

My day was

Meals
B Green Tea
L Chicken/lemon/rice soup, crackers
D Pasta with meat sauce, assorted veggies
S Apple w/PB, trailmix, watermelon

Exercise
4.7 mile walk

Weight this a.m.
Up 0.8 lbs

newleaf123
09-19-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning, all! sum I hope you feel better today.

Not much going on here. Trying to take the focus off the scale and on food and exercise. General well-being. I weighed myself for the first time since Saturday, which is a LONG time for me! 154. Not awesome, but fine.

These 5:30AM mornings are hard for me, but I'm adjusting.

Sum38
09-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Morning Heidi! I am a morning person. I am usually up by 6; This morning, I woke up 4:47 am because my throat was killing me and I could not go back to sleep. So I have been sipping tea to soothe the ache. -- Good for you for staying away from that scale. It would personally kill me, if I could not do my nightly and morning weigh-ins. I am such a slave.

My throat is so sore that I can not eat anything. I only had some soup yesterday and apple with peanut butter, the rest of the day I just sipped on some tea. Scale was kind to me, though...lol One way to drop some pounds, I guess. -- Naturally no exercise.

Mrs Snark
09-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Feel better Sum, sore throats are the worst -- along with fevers, migraines, nausea, and stomach flu (yes, I'm a baby about being sick at all!)!

I used to be a wicked morning person -- jump out of bed at 4 am and run 6 miles. That's before the chronic back and hip pain which caused chronic insomnia. Now I know why people used to find me so totally annoying in the morning. I still get up at 5 am most days, but I'm usually a miserable zombie, nothing like the peppy, freakish, energy ball I used to be. Those were the days...

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Sum: Hope you feel better soon. I take a vitamin d/zinc/c supplement every morning. Haven't been sick in the 9 months I have been taking it. Knock on wood. :hug:

Heidi: I am doing surprisingly well in the mornings. Never thought I would say that. I hardly have coffee ever. The exercise first thing really keep me energized all day.

Kelli: yes it was yummy definitely. I only at half that night and half the next day for lunch.

Slightly up today. Pre run I was 203.2 post run 202.6. Saturday's :running: is 20 minutes of straight running. My friend Jeff said that you should be able to do 4 times the amount that you have run in the week. So the fact that I ran 5 minutes 3 times means the 20 minutes should be doable. Not pretty but doable. :(
I may run 10 walk 1 then run 10 more. We will see. There will be no hills involved as I plan on going to the track. :D

kelijpa
09-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Carma-you're doing great, thanks for the peek at what's ahead for me, good to hear what your friend said as well.

Sum-feel better soon, being sick stinks.

Penguin- seafood gumbo sounds great, good to be in tune with feeling full and not eating, I hate when I'm stuffed and shove something else in anyway...

Sum38
09-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks ladies!

DD and I went to Ikea yesterday. I was too sick to enjoy it at its fullest tho. But we had a fun little outing. DD needed some smaller furniture for her room. This "new" house we are in, is so much smaller than the "old" one was.

I stayed OP, woot...5 days in a row now and scale is down 3 pounds. Fingers crossed that this will continue; one meal at a time, right? I have been eating on a lighter size because of my sore throat and I don't have that much appetite. I did go for a walk, dog was going nuts. I just walked at a slower pace than usual and did not get sweaty. I think I will skip my walk today, I don't want to push it too much whilst sick.

Meals
B; Green Tea
L; Chili with 1 oz of cheese and 2 TBLS of sour cream
D; Swedish meatballs, french fries, butternut squash/onion medley
S; none, still too sick to eat too much

Exercise
4.7 mile walk

Weight
Down 0.8 pounds

Sum38
09-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Keli Thanks for the well wishes. Have a happy day!

Carma You are doing awesome with that running program. I will be rooting for you that you can do the whole 20 minutes straight!

Mrs Snark What's wrong with your back? Do you need surgery for it at some point?

penguin You are making me crave for some gumbo...maybe I will make some. I just made some jambalaya, but since I made it for the family, they only accept it with chicken...

:wave: to Heidi and Rennie!

Mrs Snark
09-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Sum - I have herniated discs that press on nerves cause me all sorts of pain in my legs. I also have a very painful bone spur in my right hip and arthritis there as well.

I'm hoping I won't need surgery (*fingers crossed*), part of taking a bunch of weight off and finding the balance between exercise and rest (too much bed rest is actually bad for my back) is an effort to avoid any sort of surgery there.

Congrats on your 5 days in a row (and 3 lbs, w00t!!!), you're on a roll!

Zumbachica
09-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Hello everyone.....

Sum I know the flu is making an early appearance this year..i hope that isn't what you have but whatever it is I hope you feel better soon. being sick is no fun, and as you know moms never get a day off...

Im reading everyones posts but don't have time to respond to everyone....life has been really weird for me since I signed the papers....I am planning on moving into my new little house around December. I have so much to get rid of and pack.....

My weight is staying steady..no losses for me despite the stress which is weird I usually lose when i'm under stress.......Im teaching six classes a week now...but my body just doesn't care.....its so strange...anyhow I am not going to put any more added pressure on myself.....iwould like to see a nice even 140 soon......that will be a major deal for me since I haven't been that low in over a year....139 would make me faint from happiness.....my eating has been weird also...I eat what I want, when I want, but i'm not taking down a lot of calories ..I think this is helping me stay steady...but i'm not losing weight this way either...time to cut out some carbs,...that's the only thing that works for me.

I'll catch up with y'all soon, no time for personals....off to food shop to make healthy meals for the kids this weekend!!!

newleaf123
09-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi, everyone. I don't normally rant, but I'm ranting. I must have hit the age / weight distribution (I went into full menopause at 45, 3 years ago) where I'm not expected to wear pants anymore. NOTHING FITS, or if it does, it looks like GRANDMA pants! I've switched over to short skirts, colored tights, and boots for my fall wardrobe. I went to 5 stores and came home with no pants. Just 1 skirt (40% off everything today at LOFT, BTW). Love the skirt, but still. I really want a pair of jeans. Not gonna happen. I've got to decide -- do I want to push to lose 10 more pounds and see how that affects things??? Decisions decisions...

Sum38
09-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Vent away Heidi!! :hug: -- I was just thinking about the same issue (actually yesterday); I have noticed that I don't look good in jeans any longer, either. (Unless I wear a cardigan or a tunic top). So I wear loads of dresses and skirts, and they look great with funky pantyhose and tall boots. I was blaming my weight why I was not looking so hot in jeans, but come to think of it, it is how the weight is distributed now-a-days. -- I am still hoping that 25 pounds from now I could rock some jeans, tho :D But anycase, yesterday, I put on a pair from WHBM and I just looked like a barrel, so I switched and put on a dress with a thick belt and nice sandals, and I felt like million $$$.

Enjoy your new clothing!!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-20-2013, 08:28 PM
There has been Pizza and Brownies and kit kat. Really annoyed that I am sabotaging myself. Ugh. Not sure why cravings are out of control. I should be about do for my ovulation so not sure if that's it. I need to work out a ton this weekend. My In laws 50th wedding anniversary is tomorrow but the party is on Sunday. I believe I ordered stuffed chicken breast. I want to burn a lot of calories tomorrow so hoping to work out for at least 3 hrs. One hour in the morning a half an hour after lunch and 2 more work outs. If I can stay under calories and super hydrated I stand a chance of seeing below 200 by Monday.

Sum38
09-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Carma I get insane cravings during ovulation, as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed for onderland by Monday! :crossed:

Zumba When we downsized; it felt cleansing. Getting rid of junk just purified my soul. -- It will be a fresh start with loads of good memories to be created at you new house. :hug:

Sum38
09-21-2013, 07:54 AM
I think I am getting better! Yay! Today is my son's bday. Poor thing has to take his ACT, but then it is a fun day of golfing with dad and later on big family dinner.

I need to plan my day very carefully. DS wants to go to On The Border for his bday dinner. I looked at their fajita salad as an option. 710 calories without dressing (I would use salsa anyways), but 1800mg of sodium. So water, and more water it is for today.

My day was pretty good yesterday. Ended up exactly at 1200 calories. I did have a hotdog for dinner, but only one and no bun. I was just craving for junk food.

Meals
B - Green Tea
L - Big salad with loads of veggies and grilled shrimp, feta cheese, avocado and dressing
D - Hot dog with condiments
S - Apple with PB

Exercise
None (sick)

Weight
Up 0.2 lbs (TOM)

newleaf123
09-21-2013, 09:01 AM
I have been sick here as well, with not much appetite, but still eating. I ignored yesteday's weigh-in at 156 (!!) assuming it was water, and today I was 153, so phew! No exercise for the last couple of days, either. Not sure I'll be meeting my goal for Hug A Vegan Day on Friday, but it's on my radar...

Glad to hear you're on the mend, sum! Sounds like a nice birthday for your son. :)

kelijpa
09-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Good walk with my mom today, eating hasn't been the best, sounds like it's going around, raining like heck here now!!

Feeling good overall :sunny:

love2b150
09-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm not doing well with my eating and the harder I try the worse it gets. I have decided to try a little of everything that will probably not be the healthiest way but if I can stick to plan for 2 to 3 days then maybe I can do a little something right.

My plan

a.m.
tea - pu'erh
shake - protein powder, Greek yogurt, coffee grounds - (because I like my coffee on the way to work)

mid-day
1.5 cups - cabbage soup
~cabbage, scallions, white onion (because it was in the fridge already sliced) tomato, green pepper, celery, vegatable and chicken broth

I may add a slice or two of whole wheat cinnamon bread/toast with tea

p.m.
Atkins shake
cucumbers with Greek dressing
tea

Ok ladies tell me what I'm lacking so I can add it. I do want to do this for at least 2 to 3 days though just for discipline. Please wish me well, thanks :)

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Love: You have to do what's right for you and will work for you. I personally find that calorie counting works the best for me. Because I can have basically everything just in smaller portions. If the cabbage diet or the Atkins diet works for you then try them. But, ask yourself. What happens to you when you stop eating them and move back on to regular food. Will you have learned portion control or will you be back on the vicious cycle. (says the person desperately trying to break out of the lower 200's and can't figure out why she is not there)

Sum: I rocked the 20 minutes for you. Last 5 I just kept saying I can do it I can do it. I think the last time I went to on the border I had the enchilada and ate only half of that half of the black beans and rice and all of the salad with the mango dressing on the side and had about half. I also had exactly 7 chips with the salsa. It was on their take 2 combo. Happy birthday to your son. Glad that your starting to feel better.

Zumba: Glad the house is getting all settled. You will get through this. :hug:

Keli: Glad your feeling so good over all. It's nice when you can walk with someone and talk .

Heidi: Bummer on feeling sick. :hug:. Good that your weight it getting better to where your satisfied with it.

Mrs Snark: :crossed: no surgery.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-22-2013, 02:48 PM
As for me:
203.8 on the scale Saturday morning Ugh. Did the 20 minutes straight of running. Was 1 &2/3 mile which worked out to a slow 12minute mile. I then went home and walked another half an hour. But I didn't stop. Had labs yesterday and went out for breakfast where I ordered a veggie egg white omelet no cheese. Ate half and all my rye toast and some of the fruit salad that I ordered instead of hashbrowns. Did eat 1 slice of my son's French toast. 200 calories for that. Ugh. Wanted to get a second walk in but with all the shopping prep for my inlaws didn't happen. Realized that in order to have 600 calorie in the bank there would be no dinner for me due to some mindless trail mix I ate and an entire package of tic tacs. I did stop with my daughter and have some frozen yogurt at 4pm.
203.0lbs this am. Planned everything out today. Woke up to the evil smell of cookies baking. Ate a half a Luna Bar and watched a movie or two with my daughter. Then had to leave the house because it smelled too good. Went out and joined a neighbor for the start of my 1&1/2 hour walk/run. I figured it out. I walked 3 miles and ran 3miles. :carrot:
Came home and made my lunch/brunch. Feeling full and content and ready to face the food for tonight. I already added in the 400 calories for the piece of cake I am having. Small piece. 68 oz of water already consumed. I think I am motivated and ready enough.

Penguin483
09-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Sum--I just wanted to mention I actually like your offhand suggestion you made a few posts ago, to look at yourself in or eat in front of a mirror. I think often times I totally forget what I look like when I start to mindlessly wander to the kitchen for a snack I don't need. Maybe a look in the mirror instead will motivate me to head out the door for a walk!

And I don't mean this in a oh I hate myself when I look in the mirror kind of way, but just as a sort of reality check.

Anyway, maybe you have come up with a new fantastic diet plan :)

love2b150
09-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Carma, great job on your walks/runs and good job on the .8. You're putting things into perspective and I believe that they accountability is key. I am hoping to keep accountable here without getting on everyones nerves.

I don't know what it will take for me to not go back on the vicious cycle, but I've got to start some where again :) I need to cut out carbs. They are my true weakness. When I typically pick up one carby thing it just leads to more and more and more. I am hoping that this is/will be a kick start. I know I can't eat this way for long but if I can actually be disciplined enough to do something that just may help for awhile, I may just be able to add something else and do ok/good with it. When I was a SAHM I didn't have a problem at all. I was an avid calorie counter. I kept the journal on the counter in the kitchen and meals were pre-recorded in my journal the night before, I prepared my meals in advance, ate them like I was supposed to, walked 3 miles or more 6 days a week, lost weight and didn't look back. When I started working it seemed the change in my life just threw me for a loop and I just can't seem to get a grip. I do prepare my lunch to take with me to work and I do eat it, though not always a totally healthy meal but not fast food either. Even my breakfast aren't bad but I come home and mess up my entire day. I tried straight Atkins before, and got really bad headaches. I'm type 2 diabetic so as many carbs as I can cut out will definitely help. My portions aren't bad when I prepare a plate, it's when they aren't prepared and I'm just grabbing that I overeat a great deal. I do have/get that sense of fullness finally :) So with me it's just about doing something and sticking with it like I did 3 years ago. Thanks for listening and giving your feedback :)

quoting Sum --> Why is it so hard to stay OP?? I want to lose weight, but my mouth seems to think otherwise this is me (my question and my mouth also) I stay OP for a week (me a few days) and then I slip (me). I am gaining and losing the same 5-10 pounds (3-5)over and over again. -- ... It just seems that I can not commit. -- .... One would think something like a great weigh in would be motivating enough to stay OP... I will stay OP here for a few days, probably get down a few pounds and then BAM! my orgy with food starts all over again. Do I have some sort of an eating disorder? Because I "binge" after a nice stretch of OP days. Or is it just laziness? -- I can not figure it out... Sum you put it all in a nutshell for me, thanks :) Sum what are the ingredients for your chicken, lemon, rice soup? Yum to your meals on the 20th :drool: Hope you're feeling better.

Sum -- are you possibly responding to true hunger? Just a thought. If you are on-plan for a few days (but on the low side of calories during those days) you may actually be getting truly hungry and then BAM, you have to eat and it feels like self-control slips away and you end up overeating.

I have, in the past, fallen into that sort of pattern, always with the best of intentions. My on-plan days would be low in calories and in the back of my mind I'd be thinking, "GOOD, I need to be lower than normal to make up for last week's overeating".... but I would only be able to sustain the under-caloried on-plan eating for maybe a few days or a week and then inevitably I'd have a day where the hunger would cause me to go crazy (usually followed by several more of the crazy type days).

I broke this cycle by upping my calories overall for on-plan days using really healthy foods, then hunger never caught me, I stopped overeating, and the average calories I was taking in for the week was far lower than I was getting with the restrict/binge behavior pattern. Real hunger is NOT my friend, I make sure I am NOT hungry.

This of course may not be YOUR problem at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there since it took me a long time to break the cycle...

Mrs Snark, I never though about this ... thank you :) huh another good thing when I want to eat something put those jeans on that I can't sit down in, huh if that doesn't stop me (just seeing that huge muffin top should)

I was down .6 this morning ate regular spaghetti for dinner last night but it was an early dinner so that may be it (not after 7 like during the week) I have a terrible cold, stuffy nose, sneezing and coughing, driving me nuts. Drinking some tea with lemon and honey hoping it will help some.

I hope you all have a great remainder of the day and anyone that isn't feeling well I pray you are getting better :hug:

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-23-2013, 05:44 AM
Ugh, OP and 203.8. I better have a whoosh soon.

Sum38
09-23-2013, 09:17 AM
The Whoosh Fairy is visiting me :)

!!**TMI**!! I pee'ed 3.4 pounds worth yesterday. I was literally running to potty every 10 minutes all day long. It was insane. I knew I would have a good weigh in this morning. !!**TMI**!!

Because of my fabulous weigh-in I feel renewed. I have stayed OP for a week now. Yay! I hope that this streak continues :crossed: Right now I have no desire to "binge", I am hungry for that scale to show lower numbers each day.
I lost 5.8 pounds since last Monday. I know lots of it is bloat, but it sure feels good. I was nearing 160 lbs and now I am nearing 150 lbs.

Yesterday:
Meals
b - Green Tea
l - Big Salad
d- chicken/lemon rice soup, crackers
s - apple with PB, nuts

Exercise
None

Weight
Down 3.4 pounds

Mrs Snark
09-23-2013, 09:28 AM
I do love when the Whoosh Fairy visits, Congrats Sum, you seem headed for the 140s fast!!!

love2b150
09-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Carma hoping your whoosh will come :crossed:

Sum wow 5.8 since Monday GREAT! and horray for you ... LOL 3.4lbs of peeing, it helped :) way to GO :yay:

my new eating plan helped some. Im down 1.2lbs this morning to 188.6. I had a few hiccups yesterday but it wouldn't be me if I didn't. Hoping to follow my plan today to the tee, breakfast went well.

Lunch today is cabbage soup, cucumbers with a Greek vinaigrette dressing and maybe some cottage cheese with peaches (if I can stomach them) or a Greek yogurt with peaches.

Wish me luck :)

Have a great day Everyone :hug:

Sum38
09-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Rennie I just googled chicken/lemon/rice soup recipe and picked one to make. It is basically those 3 items and some flour (I used cornstarch), butter, chicken broth, eggs and spices. I add red pepper and garlic to mine. Just remember temper in the eggs otherwise it turns into eggy, gooey mess. My whole family likes it. I usually use canned chicken breast I buy from Costco or Sam's.

kelijpa
09-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Stay strong Carma, you've got this!

Congrats Sum!

love2b150
09-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks Sum I have often wondered about using the canned chicken breast. Does it taste the same or close to fresh chicken?

Hi keli :wave:

My son and I cooked dinner for the family tonight. I stuck to plan which is all I could do. This cold is something else, smh. I feel like I've worked all day and I only worked 4 hours.

I have my meals planned out for tomorrow. I'm gonna stretch things during lunch. I will have greenbeans with onion cooked in low sodium chicken broth, a corn muffin made with Jiffy mix, a tbsp of flaxseed added, 2% milk, egg (I scooped it out of the mixing bowl), Dreamfields pasta (I mixed a 1/2c of pasta in with the Lipton Creamy Chicken side and picked my pasta out before it thickened) and a baked barbecue chicken thigh with sweet agave bourbon sauce by Patti LaBelle. I made enough for two meals so I will get to see how this lunch fairs with me.

Hope you all had a great day and will have a restful night :hug:

kelijpa
09-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi Love- your meal sounds interesting, l love green beans, corn muffins and that bourbon sauce sounds good, hope all goes well for you, hoping tomorrow will be a better day food wise than today, trying not to get into vacation mode too soon!

Magicsusan
09-24-2013, 01:57 AM
I love the *whoosh* fairy. Clearly, she's over at your place, Sum :D

I haven't been getting out for walkies and stuff as much as I'd like; the kids are home for fall break and that always messes with me. My own fault, not theirs, but that's the way it is.

Anyway, off to Italy for two weeks, hope to get in more walkies than pizza. First weigh-in when I get home will be interesting.

Take care, everyone!
Susan.

Sum38
09-24-2013, 07:44 AM
I miss Europe, Susan! So easy to travel. Have fun in Italy!

I am super excited this am. I took my measurements (bust, waist, hips, both thighs and both arms) and I'd lost almost 3 inches in a week! That definitely is giving me strength to stay OP for another day. My 9th day on OP :yay: -- Yesterday I had a big bfast and I was not hungry until dinner time. My calories were bit on a higher size than I usually like, but I have had such low calorie days that I felt mixing things up a bit.

We had some water damage in downstairs bathroom and I hope I don't have to wait for the contractor all day; I would like to get my walk and gym in today before DS runs CC. -- I also need to run to my old U to get transcripts, I am thinking about going back to school and getting a useful degree. (My business degree is old :() I am thinking about becoming an echocardiogram technician. It is only a 2 year degree and they are in great demand and salary is decent. I could also work part time.

Everyone have a fab day!

Meals
b - Bob Evan's omelet
l - Green Tea
d - salad w/shrimp, avocado and feta
s - none
Total cals 1700

Exercise
4.7 mile walk

Weight
Up 0.6 lbs

Zumbachica
09-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi all....I decided to take some time to log in and catch up with you gals. Sounds like everyone is motivated, sorry to hear about those that are sick. I know that there is something going around and I'm hoping that I'm spared.

Well things have gotten crazier here since I signed the divorce papers. Ex is fighting with me over furniture, he wants me to leave here with nothing but the clothes on my back and he won't let me take the kids clothes furniture either. Craziness!!!! He has been hiding things so that I cant take them, like all the children's photo albums and the portraits of them around the house. I'm so sad about this. I went to the police but there isn't much that they can do except write out incident reports..because it really isn't stealing if it is stuff in your own house. The lawyers are writing letters and we will see how this winds up. Drama! I feel like I should be on jerry springer....anyhow needless to say ive been eating whatever whenever...on Sunday I had two good humor bars for dinner...really? But even witht hat I haven't had a gain from the stress. I clocked in at 142.8 this morning..not too shabby ...140 is around yonder, I can see it and I want it so badly. Im just doing Zumba right now and I know that I need more and different fitness...i'm going to try to add "something" even if it is push ups and squats at night or something. Saying that i'm going to the gymn to lift weights is unrealistic given that I'm moving soon and quite honestly just plain exhausted!!!!! I really think and hope its just emotional exhaustion and not something physical. I have really bad joint pain in my pinky finger and im wondering if I have arthritis or some kind of auto immune disorder.....I wouldn't be surprised if the stress of the divorce is going to kill me somehow....it definitely has aged me, I have a new wrinkle in my forehead that was never there before.....

But enough about me.....will try to do personals later. Please know that I am reading yoru posts and I pray for you afterwards and hope you are all getting to your goal and are happy.

xoxoxoxoxo

love2b150
09-24-2013, 09:10 AM
keli it was interesting to make. I had to take sort out my pasta trying not to get too much of the sauce, I used olive oil instead of margarine (the family didn't say anything so they didn't notice) I should have used skim milk in it also but I didn't. And Patti LaBelle is diabetic so her sauces are just right for me. Wishing you a great day with all choices and me too. I've learned that just because I have it all prepared doesn't mean I always eat it :) Hopefully I don't skip any meals though because I don't have much of an appetite.

Susan have fun in Italy :)

Sum great job on the inches and on staying OP :yay: YOU Sum you are just full of excitement ... I love your post, congrats on going back to school, I know you'll do it :)

Zumba :hug: I am so sorry about the stress. Divorce is hard, I've been there. I pray that you get some peace soon. I don't know why people act the way they do. Praying for better days :hug:

Well my eating plan paid off yesterday. I am down 1.6 to 187 even. Only a pound more to lose so that I can at least have a .2 loss for September. If this cold keeps up I will do fine. It usually takes me awhile to loose a cold and my baby has a cold so it doesn't help. I have my lunch packed but I'm really not in the mood to eat though I know I have to or I'll feel even worse. Maybe I should just take the cabbage soup today for the broth instead of trying to eat real solids. idk ... I'll figure it out.

Ok gotta go, have a great day eveyone :hug:

patchworkpenguin
09-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Hubby got home safely Friday, just in time for me to get a migraine on Sat. I slept most of the day and didn't feel great Sunday either. I cleaned house Monday and now my sinus are bothering me. Can't win.

243.6 ~ Up a bit but since I've been sick and this is TOM week I'm not very surprised.

Hope you all are doing well.

newleaf123
09-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi, ladies.

Chugging along here. 152 this AM so maybe I will meet my Hug A Vegan Day on Friday after all. I'm trying! But also trying not to get too mentally engrossed in managing the number. When I do that, I'm successful at losing, but then as soon as I hit whatever number, I go off the rails the other way. Trying to tame the yo-yo. The bounces are only 3-4 pounds now, but still. It doesn't need to be this way.

love2b150
09-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Sorry about the up Penguin, hope you feel better soon :hug:

:crossed: for you Heidi :)

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-24-2013, 07:59 PM
203.6 today. At least not another gain. Whoosh hasn't happened yet. Keeping between 400-600 calories burned. Not eating over target of 1680. Today was week 6 day 1 C25K. Finished it without issue. At this rate I will be ready to do a late October 5K. The one I planned to do was beginning of December. I think it helps running on Sunday too but not doing anything according to the schedule. The last 3 days at work I have eaten a sandwich prior to punching out for lunch then walking on my lunch break. Feeling pretty good except the no weight loss. More energy. Getting easier to resist sweets this week so guessing Ovulation time must be past. Hoping tomorrow's weigh in will be good. I really need to measure myself and put down my measurements. Going to try to get 8 hrs of sleep tonight so going to head off to bed in a few.

Sum:Congrats on your weight loss. You must be so happy. I am sure the WHBM clothes you bought in smaller sizes will fit soon.

Penguin: Sorry about the migraines but glad hubby is home now.

Luv: I am glad it is all coming together for you.

Heidi: Yay 152. Hope it keeps going down. I agree that it is good that the rebounds are only 3-4lbs.

Keli: thanks for the vote of confidence. Any mini hiking trips planned before the big one?

Zumba: Sorry your ex is being a big idiot. Photo's should be able to have copies made. That is ridiculous. Make sure you look for local auctions for furniture. The stuff goes pretty cheap. Or at least around here it does.

Susan: enjoy Italy. What parts are you going to? I want to see Venice and the country side. I suppose I wouldn't mind a day or so in Rome either.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-25-2013, 05:23 AM
:woohoo:baby whoosh on the scale. 202.4.

kelijpa
09-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Yay Carma! Going to hike this weekend nearby, I'm on week 4 day 2 tonight, I just keep going I usually do 1 day in between and have2 days in between once a week. I started on a Thursday so I don't really match up to a week...your progress is motivating, thanks for sharing!

Zumba- sorry for what you're going through. One of my aunts went through something like that years ago, it sux.

Sum38
09-25-2013, 10:26 AM
:woohoo: on the whoosh Carma Ondeland here we come!

I went to visit the college that offers the echo program and I really liked it. It is a two year program and I could start in January. Kinda exciting and scary at the same time.

I ate more than I intended to and cake out of all things. Yikes. DD baked GF apple bake and it was really yummy. :drool:

Yesterday;
Meals
b - Green Tea
l - big salad with veggies, tuna (w/mayo), avocado and feta
d - tilapia, rice, veggie
s - cake (!), whipping cream, apple with PB

Exercise
4.7 mile walk

Weight
Up 0.2 lbs

love2b150
09-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks Carma you are doing great :high: Nice whoosh :yay: I just started back to logging into MFP and noticed I need to do some measuring myself. Two people have told me I look like I'm losing weight in the last 3 weeks and though I don't see it or think so it could very well be inches. I'll check this weekend. Hope you get your 8 hours in.

keli I believe when you stick with C25K no matter how you do it, it's a victory. I have started it twice (I think) and have yet to finish. Great job to Carma, you and anyone else that's doing it :)

Sum my calories are really low today thanks to not eating lunch until 4:30 (tummy ache earlier). I'm gonna scoop out two tbs of natural peanut butter to eat with the last of my apple slices, thanks :) Sum my son and husbands bdays are 10/16 & 17. We usually get one big cake. I am hoping I can do well at that time. I absolutely love white birthday cake icing from Food Lion :)

Got up this morning to another lb down. Weigh in 186 so happy but my calories haven't been the 1300 that MFP is saying I should eat but I'm satisfied so that's what matters to me. I'm keeping my protein up and my carbs down though not what I call low carb. (NSV- I was given a roll of crackers Ritz type crackers and I took out 5 then sealed the package back) :yay: me. I would normally eat half of the pack or all of them.

kelijpa
09-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Great job with control Love!

Got in day 2 of week 4 (c25k). Food not the greatest, but not terrible, I seem to be on a carb crave, dreaming of cup of noodles soup...got to be weeks worth of sodium at least.

Pretty cool last night, got to check out the garden and see what needs to come in.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Sum: The Echo program is a great idea. You will never be at a loss for a job and hours are adjustable.

Sum38
09-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Carma That is why I was thinking about it. I am kinda getting excited. Yesterday I got my acceptance letter and 12 transfer credits, woot!

Well my diet crumbled and I had a binge day. I don't even know what I ate. It was my 10th day OP and I totally lost it. -- Now I need to see if I can get back on that horse, or will this be a downward spiral? -- Helps to write it down, even though I feel terribly ashamed that I failed so badly. I faced the scale which I usually avoid after a binge. It was only up a pound or so.

I wish I had plans for today but I have to stay at home and wait for various contractors to arrive. I think I will trow out all trigger foods and hope for the best.

I feel like a failure. I know I need to move on and not let one bad day ruin my progress like I have done in the past. I know that I need to forgive myself and not turn this into a month long food orgy (and 10 pounds).

Telling myself; Chin up, Kristiina! :) :)

Thanks for letting me vent! :grouphug: -- You ladies truly help me each and every day. I know I am not alone fighting this fight.

newleaf123
09-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Chin up, indeed, sum. No shame, no feelings of failure. Replace them with acknowledgement and recommitment. You know you will eventually recommit, right? Why not get it over with and do it today?

Ugh, I hate the roller coaster. We all take turns riding it.

love2b150
09-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks keli, good job on the C25K :)

Hi Carma :wave:

Way to go Sum on moving forward with school and with your eating plan, keep your chin up and move on. Vent away :hug: I feel as if i'm talking to myself most of the time but it does help ME to get it out :) I hope you have a great OP day :)

Heidi, LOL and I don't like roller coasters at all ... of any kind :)

Well I found out what the tummy ache was from. My body is trying to have it's second TOM this month. I have cramps like crazy this morning, so not good. I'm 47 will be 48 in April and I am so ready for TOM to be gone forever. On a better note, I got to see 185 for the first time in 3 years I believe. The scale actually read 185.8. So I'm hoping that I can have more on point days to actually keep the scale moving in the right direction.

I hope everyone has a great day, Sum you can do it :hug:

newleaf123
09-26-2013, 09:54 AM
love2be sorry about the double TOM, but so awesome about the scale! :carrot:

patchworkpenguin
09-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Sum, as Heidi said, move on. You can't undo what's been done so just move on.

I feel like I'm getting sick again. I've been Fall cleaning which has stirred up a lot of dust and its that time of year that pollen is everywhere so I'm hoping its just sinus stuffiness and nothing more serious.

Mrs Snark
09-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Sum, you've been doing so great, one mistake does not undo all that you accomplished. Just put it behind and move on -- in a week it will be but a distant memory!

I've been sick, trying to climb out of the sick pit.

tefrey
09-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Kristiina you are doing so awesome! Forgive yourself, these things happen to all of us. The binge isn't the problem, the problem is if the feelings of shame and despair cause you to lose hope and end the diet. I have been there, we all have, so I hope you can feel the love and support flowing into you from all the corners of the globe. You can beat this!

On my diet they tell us to have a bowl of high fiber cereal for the next meal after a high calorie one. I don't know if it needs to be that exactly, but I know that when my cravings act up (like after a restaurant meal) it helps if I eat foods that are dense, low calorie, and kind of bland.

Good luck!!!!

kelijpa
09-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Chin up indeed Sum, you put together 10 OP days you should be proud of! If you keep at a 10 to 1 ratio you'll be golden. Good luck with the schooling, sounds great.

Mrs Snark and Penguin hope you're both feeling better soon, I'm fighting the fall allergies too, hate it.

Love- I'm kind of in the same boat, I decided to track more closely after reading some articles about irregular periods and peri menopause , it's strange what goes on with our bodies...

Carma :wave: hope things are going well

Took a half day off today, absolutely beautiful weather, kind of buggy though, ate a few gnats while outside, yick, but it was great to be out and now it's the weekend for me and supposed to be beautiful again!

Hope to finish up week 4 c25k tomorrow, already planning to hit it hard when we get back from vacation, not planning on going off the rails while on vacation, but feeling ready to kick it up a notch.

Best to all:sunny:

love2b150
09-26-2013, 08:21 PM
thanks Heidi, I hope I haven't blown the scale number with my eating today. I have wanted all kinds of things today. It's one of those food crazes :dizzy:

Penguin, I'm with you on feeling sick, I thought I was getting better until I got home and my throat started hurting :( I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Mrs Snark, hope you feel soon :hug:

Hi tefrey :wave:

keli this one is a doozy, I really hope I only have one more day and then I'm done. :)

Ok with this second TOM I am craving everything so I'm gonna list them. I wanted BBQ chips while at work but couldn't go get them. I had a small pack of Planters honey roasted cashews. When I got home I wanted some frosted flakes which are my true weakness, but I didn't dare open the pantry. My oldest son fried some chicken wings, I ate one wingette and nibbled on a few others on his plate (didn't equal an entire second one), then my middle son made fries, I ate 4 of the longest ones with ketchup. I hope that I haven't blown all of my progress for the last 3 days. The scale will tell in the morning

Have a great night everyone and I pray we all feel better soon. :hug:

Zumba praying for strength for you :hug:

newleaf123
09-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Today is hug a vegan day, and I choose Mrs. Snark! Met my goal and am "tickled" on my sliding scale of satisfaction. Need to find a holiday for 2 weeks hence and recalibrate. I'm setting simple (not easy) goals of 1 pound every 2 weeks.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-27-2013, 06:24 AM
Ugh was almost done with personals and my computer or this site went crazy and erased them all.
200.2 this morning ladies. I guess this running thing helps with weight-loss after all. Well that and staying on point. My daughter has been sick like some of you ladies. I know it's she didn't keep up with her allergy pill. She had me buy her a fancy pill case to lay out all her pills so she didn't forget. She forgets. Ugh. I am off today if need be for taking her to the pediatrician.

Sum: You are allowed an off day. Get back on the OP train and move on past. I am doing a new thing where if I exercise a certain amount of calories then I can eat my full amount of 1680 calories. If I don't get that much exercise I am sometimes as low as 1240 calories. I know your around 1200 calories each day which has to make staying OP so hard but I know you can do it. When you get the craving for food just go for a walk. :hug: Also,:bravo: on the acceptance letter.

Heidi: Yay for hug a vegan day weight loss. :carrot:What is your next crazy holiday going to be?

Mrs. Snark, Penguin & Luv: :getwell:

Zumba: :hug:

Tefrey: That is interesting about the eating a high fiber bowl of something after a high calorie meal. I guess it makes sense. They say you can lower your cholesterol with having Metamucil with each meal. The fat from the meal binds with the fiber. Now you have me thinking. Hmmm.

Keli: You got week 4 of C25K. Have a great time on vacation.

Sum38
09-27-2013, 09:35 AM
CARMA!!! Almost in onderland! I bet tomorrow is the day!! Aren't you super excited???

Heidi You are doing awesome. I'll hug Mrs. S with you!!

Rennie My gf is 47 and she gets TOM now every two weeks. It is crazy. She is going nuts with it and hoping that it would just end.

Keli I hope you got some "me time" during your half day off. It is beautiful here in MI as well.

tefrey Thank you for your kind words!!!

Mrs Snark Feel better!! Sending you some (chicken) tofu soup!

Penguin Oh shoot if you are getting sick again :( Feel better!

Sum38
09-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Well I was not able to get back on that horse. I had another high calorie/food day. -- Part of the problem was boredom, I had nothing to do all day except to wait for the contractors come and go. Luckily today I have a busy day planned ahead and I am not near my kitchen all day. Fingers crossed!

I feel so bloated from my horrid food choices. I just brewed a pot of green tea and I will be sipping that stuff all day long. -- Wish me luck :)

So off to my morning walk I go.

kelijpa
09-27-2013, 03:06 PM
:hug: Mrs Snark! hope you're feeling better.

Great job NewLeaf!

Officially done with week 4 of c25k and ran outside so have some confidence I could do it a couple times while on vacation, week 5 isn't as intimidating as week 4 was for some reason.

:wave: everyone

best to all :sunny:

Zumbachica
09-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi all!!! Well i'm in the same range, doesn't look like i'll be getting to my 140 goal this weekend as I hoped.....I'm trying hard to make good choices..went to a birthday brunch today for a friend and tried loading up on protein so that I woud't attack the lovely desserts they had out. Had way too much quiche...including the crust which wasn't smart. Oh well, I have a three hour dance class tonight so I'm hoping to work some of it off and i'm not eating again.....I think I went over and beyond my calories today.......
I'm really trying hard to take care of myself despite all the stress. I'm doing a lot more zumba classes and I'm craving carbs and sugar more....

love2b150
09-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Heidi glad you made your goal :)

Thanks Carma :) sorry about personals, I've done that so many times it's maddening, smh! I'm gonna go ahead and welcome you to Onederland and the new decade :high: GO YOU :cheer: You've got this :) Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Sum, I hope you had an OP day :crossed: ... I hate to ask you but maybe your friend has told you ... is her flow heavy but thin? (if that makes sense) it's crazy this go around and I had horrible cramps this morning, smh. I thought to myself, "Am I 11 years old again?" this is just crazy. If she hasn't said sorry, ignore the question. :D Hopefully it will end soon. :crossed:

keli you're a doer so you'll get it done with ease intimidating or not, you've got it in the bag :)

Zumba you never know that whoosh may just come and surprise you :)

Well I was up .6 this morning to 186.4. I had an ok day today but I didn't really want anythng that I had planned for my meals. Breakfast and lunch went well then my brain started telling me I wanted all of this different junk. I went over my calories by 115. I had a lot of protein but today was the first day that I ate all of my carbs minus 4. Not expecting a good number in the a.m. and this TOM bloat doesn't make it any better.

Well I hope you all have a great evening/night and I hope we all have an OP weekend :hug:

Mrs Snark
09-28-2013, 07:25 AM
I got hugs!

*bounces around weakly like a happy, but still sickly, vegan*

Thanks so much for the hugs ladies and for the get well wishes. This has been **** week, I can't remember when I've been so sick. It was like the perfect storm of sickness:

1) my period week (often triggers 1 or 2 migraines)
2) cluster migraines
3) serious stomach flu

Just terrible, I barely feel human. I need to go back and read everything I've missed in the thread, but just wanted to quickly say THANKS for the hugs and the get wells!

Edited to add: I didn't know h-e-double-hockey-sticks was considered truly a bad word, sorry!

Sum38
09-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Poor Mrs. S! I hope today is a better day.

Rennie My friend did not say if it was heavy or not. Are you heavy or light? I know she is just annoyed having 2 period per month. You could always go on the pill?

Zumba I am happy that you are taking care of yourself. Your ex is trying to break you, but your victory is when you can show him that your boys have a strong, healthy and beautiful mother. :hug:

Keli Congrats on your c25k!

-------

I stayed OP, thank goodness. Maybe I cut the cycle early on, but my darn scale jumped up nearly 2 pounds. Must be some sort of delayed bloat, yikes. I have armed myself with lots and lots of Green Tea for the day, let's flush this bloat out.

Yesterday
Meals
B - Green Tea
L - Big salad w/shrimp, veggies, avocado and feta with dressing
D - Grilled chicken, rice, carrots
S - Apple w/PB, nuts
Calories 1450

Exercise
4.7 mile walk

Weight this morning
Up 1.4 pounds

junem
09-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Kelijpa: I think week 5 is the hardest week of C25K. Not saying this to scare you or anything, I just want to offer my support. I know you can do it! After I got through weeks 5 and 6, it got easier. A lot! Also, I repeated week 5, which definitely helped me get over the hump.

Can you tell I am a huge fan of the C25K program? Keep at it, and keep telling us about it. Wishing you pain-free running.

love2b150
09-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Mrs Snark hope you get better soon :hug: and did someone edit your post? I assumed when the stars were in a post it was the post-er being nice and not typing the word. Learned something new :)

Sum I usually have a 5-day-er =1 light, 3 heavy/clots (sorry if TMI), then last day light. This time it like a fountain of water, thin but constantly flowing. I haven't experienced that unless it was after the kids or when I was a kid. Today is much better and I hope it's the last. The last time I asked to be put on the pill they gave me a script that was $45 a month with insurance. I thought they had lost their minds. So prayerfully this will be over as in OVER forever soon :)

Sum do you drink the green tea throughout the day? BTW apples and peanut butter are sooo good, who new? Oh you did :D

Hi junem :wave:

I had another off point day well this evening as usual. I was up .2 to 186.6 I hope this is it. I don't want to go higher. I really want to see a loss for September even if it's only a pound of water. Well thanks for listening as usual.

Have a good night everyone and I hope those of us that aren't feeling totally like ourselves get better soon :hug:

Sum38
09-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Rennie, if I have small amount calories left for the day, I take the peanut butter and nuke it. Then I drizzle it on the apples...goes a long way and cuts down calories.

I drink green tea all day long, up to 6-8 cups per day. It is decaf.

--------

Scale is inching down, atleast it is going down. Unless I have a huge whoosh, I am not going to meet my September weight loss goal. What makes me mad; I already met it and then I decided to binge, argh!

Luckily we'll have a super busy day today and I won't be home (eating). -- I did stay OP yesterday, woot! I had made butternut squash soup a few days before and the squash was from my garden. The soup was amazing. It needed to sit a few days. I also made pesto, basil directly out of my garden. On my veggie medley, peppers and squash was from my garden. I love harvest time!

Yesterday

Meals
b- Green Tea
l- butternut squash soup with ginger and chili :drool: Crackers
d - pesto chicken, rice, veggie medley (huge portion)
s- local apple (yum) w/PB, guacamole w/chips
Cal in 1500
Cal out 2450

Exercise
4.7 mile walk
Weight Lifting 45 min
Mowed the lawn (60 min)

Weight this am
Down 0.8 lbs

kelijpa
09-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey June, I wasn't intimidated by week 5 until I saw that day 2 is not the same as day 1, that was unexpected :D got day 1 in anyway, I think I can get week 5 in before vacation and then start again with week 5 when I get back, I can still complete the 8 weeks by my birthday.

juicing today!

best to all :sunny:

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Hit onderland today. 199.8. Completely in shock by it but maybe I wasn't as bad as I thought I was yesterday at my daughters tea party. Should have been a total gain and I thought I missed some food. Wasn't obsessively counting for once. I fell off the running band wagon and missed my third day. Need to go out today and do it but can't get motivated. Ugh.

Mrs Snark
09-29-2013, 02:35 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Carma!!!! :carrot:

kelijpa
09-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Carma - :congrat:

Sum38
09-29-2013, 06:16 PM
:woohoo: Carma!

newleaf123
09-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Wonderful news, Carma -- yay!!

love2b150
09-29-2013, 10:42 PM
See Carma I told you :high: Way to GO :cheer:

Sum38
09-30-2013, 06:55 AM
I lost 4.6/6 pounds in September. Even though I am mad at myself for the binge and the subsequent gain (hey...I had met my goal, a week ago!), I must admit I am happy about the loss. I had nothing but non stop gain since June. This month started off strong and then I slipped and then I picked myself back up again. A battle. But I won! -- I am challenging myself to another 6 pound loss in October. Anyone else have any goals?

My goals are to
walk 95-110 miles
gym 8-12 times
swim 4-8 times
Drop 6 pounds and back into my size 8's

September goals were;
Walk 95 miles ~ met
Gym 8 times ~ met
Swim 4 times ~ met
Drop 6 pounds ~ 4.6 pounds

Zumbachica
09-30-2013, 07:23 AM
CARMA: congratulations!!!!!

MRS SNARK: so happy you are better, that sounds like a doozie....

SUM: YOu asked about goals...my goals are what they always were the past year but it isn't happening...still trying to be positive......

hi all..I was out all weekend. I hung out with friends Friday night and had beer and a cheeseburger deluxe, Saturday was furniture shopping all day and had sweet potato fries..and then yesterday was at a music festival..more beer and german food. Needless to say i'm too afraid to get on the scale today!! Today I teach three classes so I'm hoping to burn some of those calories off.....What I will say is that I am no longer snacking between meals which is a big deal and I am not obsessing over food like I was. Im eating when I'm hungry and listening for signals of when my body wants to eat and when it is full. Hoping it helps.

I really want to see 139 this month. It would mean so much to me to be out of the 140s.

Hope you all have a blessed day and week.

love2b150
09-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Sum great job in September and congratulations on meeting your goal :yay: YOU :)

Zumba way to go on the snacking :high: whew I wish that I could stop snacking, that is a major problem with me. I have no control. I try telling myself NO but it doesn't work. I have absolutely NO focus during those times. I believe you'll see the 130's this month. I am declaring this as our (ALL of US) month. I know I need to do better as in get further away from the 190's before Thanksgiving :D

Well I have a 1.8lb gain for September. I'm ok with it, what can I do now anyway LOL. I think I have found a walking partner so that will help a great deal. Well gotta go. I hope you all start an October thread ... oh and Sum my October goal is to get to 185 and stick with it for awhile then maybe I can go lower.

Have a great day everyone :hug:

junem
09-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi all.

Carma, welcome to one-derland.

Rennie and all. I truly hate all these perimenopausal symptoms. I want to say "hey body, just give it up already. You are not fertile." But then I guess there is plenty of down-side to less estrogen in the post-menopausal body.

I am so disappointed to be up 2.5 pounds from last Monday to today. I have to keep telling myself it is just premenstrual bloating, because I have been eating ok. If it is PMS, that means I have some unpleasant days in my near future. I keep thinking If the avg age of menopause is 53, then I only have a few dozen more periods left in my life.

kelijpa
09-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Wow, I just took a trip back in time, looked at some of my posts from when I started here back in 2008, I was stuck in the 160s for awhile back then...lol it was interesting reading, I was heavy into WW and points back then, tracking really seemed to help, maybe I should try that again...maybe...

Congrats on your Sept. Loss Sum, I managed to lose about 3, finally the dates lined up with my weigh in...lol

Hi June and Zumba!

Got to go freeze some green beans from the garden.

Sum38
10-01-2013, 07:51 AM
What plan are you following now Keli? I tried WW once, their online version, but I got tired figuring out all the points so I went back to calorie counting.

I avoided a possible binge last night. I am soooo proud of myself. I had some wine and it brought on the snack monster. I stopped after a few pieces of cheese. Poured the wine out and left my kitchen. -- Last week's binge was still hurting me, and I did not want to fall again this soon. I am feeling incredible this morning and proud. -- I AM evolving and learning. :D

Who wants to start the October chat?