General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #1  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Default The straw that broke the straw that broke the camel's back

Seriously, I am SO tired of 2013. It has been the year of crap for the most part. And today I got more crap. Literally. My dog, who's been ill and is now on antibiotics had a blowout on the carpet. Again, literally. It looked like it blew out of a cannon instead of his backside. I SO do NOT blame the dog. He's my bud, and he's sick and I wasn't available to get him out when it happened, so what's a dog to do? It was an accident. One I sincerely WISH could have either not happened or at least happened on the linoleum. But, several bottles of carpet cleaner and not one, but 3 shampooings has finally convinced me that the carpet is clean again. In fact, I've created a new problem. I only shampooed about 1/3 of the carpet in the living room, because this is where the mess was. As I am finding, I now have a "clean spot" where I shampooed, making the rest of the carpet look like crap. Joy. After this is completely dry I will go back and do the rest. I just don't have it in me to do it all today.

I'm feeling a scream coming on.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Oh, ugh! Many hugs to you.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #3  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Sorry to hear your dog is sick and this year is not going well for you.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #4  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

2013 has been a major suck-a-roo for me and a lot of my friends/associates.

I've been there with doggie diarrhea and you have my extreme (gagging) sympathies. Pets are pretty much why I have no carpets except in the bedrooms, and I keep the doors closed. I still have cat barf stains everywhere.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Oh, no! I'm sort of laughing (in sympathetic horror) because for 13 years I had a dog with a very sensitive tummy who would have that kind of blowout about once a month. We called her cannon-butt, and it was just awful. It was truly horrific and I can't begin to tally up the items that were ruined. We eventually tiled the whole house, really no other choice.

I'm sorry you are going through this, sounds like it is the poop-cherry on top of an already crap sundae year.

Hang in there!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:48 AM   #6  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

So sorry about your dog being sick and for your frustration. I am sure your dog appreciates that you are so understanding.

I had an old cat who used to throw up on my light colored living room carpet twice a day, every day for 6 months. As soon as this started, I took him to the vet time after time and had many tests done but they could never find anything wrong.

I used to beg him to please throw up on the tile instead, but he insisted on the living room carpet. I know that feeling of wanting to scream. I was always very sweet to him, and told him that I understood, but it drove me crazy!

Last edited by doingmybest; 09-01-2013 at 12:31 PM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Poor puppy, and poor you! I also have a dog who has/had sensitive tummy issues (she has outgrown it for the most part) and there have been a few times where I broke down crying at the mess, and I do not cry for anything. lol

For your pup you might offer a little bit of canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin, not pie filling) and/or some plain yogurt with probiotics to help settle his tummy. I hope he feels better and your carpet recovers asap.
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

"2013 Bites" vote here too.

Lost my beloved husband of 15 years to stage 4 kidney cancer in Jan 2013, and currently my 75 year old mother who has been living with Altzheimer's the last few years and is in a facility in Washington State (a great place by the way, no worries there for me) in hospice and is facing death. The kicker is I live in Illinois and no $$ to move to closer to her (with all the cancer debt that was left on my plate).

So, if she passes away in 2013 to be with God, it will officially be the worst year of my life.
~MrsKevin
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote