100 lb. Club - Halloween Challenge 2013

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Halloween Challenge 2013

lanabug
08-31-2013, 01:00 AM
So by the end of the weekend, September will be here! You know what that means?

:bat: :sklol: :witch: 100 LB. CLUB HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE! :witch: :sklol: :bat:

First of all, the lovely Riestrella has a wonderful Halloween challenge going on over in the 20-somethings forum, so I definitely give her major cred on this. Now while I may fit into the 20-something age bracket, I've noticed that a lot of the gals over there haven't got nearly as much to lose as I do. That's not to say it's not still totally hard to lose weight when you aren't facing 100+ pounds to lose, but I feel more of a kinship with those who have/had that much extra weight, so I figured I would start one here for us! Plus, there's no age restrictions so I hope we get a wide variety of members. Also, my apologies if someone usually does this here! :)

Okay so here are the rules. You can join at any time since I'm sure many of you will be busy this weekend, but the challenge will start September 1st and end on Halloween, October 31st. That gives us eight weeks before the holiday season kicks in to work our butts off. Personally, I find that if I stay firmly on track through autumn, the indulgences that come with winter feel a little less guilty. ;)

I've made a spreadsheet for the challenge and all you have to do is put in your username, starting weight, and goal weight. After that, just put in your weight every week, and I'll do the rest. You can weigh in on whatever day you'd like, but Sunday will mark the start of a new week. The last Sunday will be October 27th, but the challenge won't officially end until Halloween, so if you haven't met your goal by then, you'll still have a few days before your final weigh in!

Whether you're shooting for five pounds or fifty, all are welcome! -----> SIGN UP HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmiJ6SiX_vd7dHN0cFVVOWJ0QTc5M0lZV1E2SmVHM 1E&usp=sharing).

pandathedestroyer
08-31-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm in and I signed up on the doc! :)

lanabug
08-31-2013, 02:20 AM
Awesome! Welcome :D

SouthernBell02
08-31-2013, 03:00 AM
I'm in!! Signed up looking to lose 18 pounds thats a high 2 pounds a week but I didn't make my August goal so I'm kicking it into higher gear! See y'all throughout the challenge! Best Wishes!

findingfawn
08-31-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm in. I would like to lose 16 pounds in these 8 weeks.. of course more would be awesome ;) My 10th anniversary is on Oct 10th.. I'm hoping to be in the 250s by then so at least 10 pounds by then need to vanish.

Only Believe
08-31-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm in I will put weights tomorrow.

Amy Remixed
08-31-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm in!

Emmy1991
08-31-2013, 10:32 AM
yey - I'm in! Good luck everyone!

lanabug
08-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Woohoo! Welcome everyone! This is gonna be great.

merilung
08-31-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm in! I'd like to aim for 3 pounds a week, so 24 pounds!

HelloNurse
08-31-2013, 01:36 PM
I also set my goal at 2 pounds per week. Looking forward to it!

sando5
08-31-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm in. Good luck to everyone and let's get to work! :D

lanabug
09-01-2013, 02:35 AM
:welcome3: everyone! September is upon us & the challenge has officially begun! I look forward to spending the next eight weeks with all of you. That being said, maybe let's kick this off with some introductions? You can write as little or as much as you'd like, no pressure. :)

I'm twenty years old and you can call me Lana. I love some healthy competition, but I wanted to do this more to compete with myself if I'm being honest. I've been slacking a bit lately and at my size, 2lbs a week is a totally reasonable & attainable goal, but without structure and outward motivation/having to check in with others, I just haven't been hitting that. Not so secretly I'd love to be at 230 by Halloween (I can hardly imagine it I've spent so long in the high 200's!), but I'll be genuinely happy to meet my 16lb goal. I'm going to be going out with a group of friends and there's going to be a ton of walking, so I wanna be as in shape as I can be so it's fun and not exhausting! I'm not on a specific diet, but in general I shoot for low calorie, low carb, and high protein. Here's to making those Halloween parties feel that much sweeter!

A note to lurkers: the challenge has begun, but it's never too late to join. If you're lurking because you've never joined a challenge or you're worried about us being a cliquey group, don't be! I'm leading this and I don't even know anyone yet, so it's new for me too! Nobody will ever be excluded, I promise you'll find nothing but support and wonderful people, so join! <3

Emmy1991
09-01-2013, 03:10 AM
lanabug - ah yes! I'm also lacking motivation so hopefully this challenge can give us both a kick in the butt.

I'm 22. I also try to generally calorie count although recently I feel like I've bounced around a lot and haven't been exercising. This is my first challenge so I'm pretty excited. I really would like to get to 110kg.. and I'm currently, roughly 117kg. Can't wait for the next few weeks :)

MariiWhoo
09-01-2013, 04:35 AM
Yay I'm in.. need to find a place that I can check how much my real wight is.. :/

Annoyed
09-01-2013, 07:35 AM
I want to lose just under 100, but I'm in!
I'd like to lose 10lbs in this challenge, hopefully I'll drop a little more.
Gl all

sweetmalibu
09-01-2013, 07:41 AM
im in!! :) excited for everyone! good luck ladies! :)

ninae
09-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Signed in and signed up!

My SW today is 270 and I'd like to lose (at least) 10lbs to get me down to 260.

Good luck everyone - we can do it! :carrot:

Daimere
09-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm joining. I'm 244 and I plan to be under 238. I'm not actively planning to slash calories. But trying my hand at IF and see if that works for me. As long as I stay below 244, I will be fine.

9-3: 242.8
9-10: 236.8
9-17: 234.8
9-24: 231.9

findingfawn
09-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Sommer (but will respond to Finding or Fawn as well ;) ), I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom to 4 kids and wife to an amazing man. I just came back to the boards, I have been around here now for quite a while, I pop in for a few months then fade off into the sunset as the weight I lost plus much come along. I didn't realize just how bad I was at this until the other day I decided to go looking at old posts and realized that just a few months after my youngest was born I was down 30 pounds from my 6 week check up weight of 251. My highest ever known was 284.6, which was last fall. I worked hard from the beginning of Oct into December and got down into the 250s... I restarted on the 21st of Aug at 276.0.

Today I saw 269.8 on the scale.. May I never see the 270s again!

A little more about me and this challenge in particular.... October is a big month for me. The 10th is mine and hubby's 10th anniversary, the 24th is my 37th birthday, and Halloween is my favorite holiday... not for the candy, but for the fun ;)

Amy Remixed
09-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm Amy. 42, currently 237 pounds.

Halloween is BIG BIG BIG amongst my group of friends. It's a full day event. I usually tucker out around midnight but the dancing goes on into the wee hours. I want to boost my energy and party ALL NIGHT.

I work out Monday through Friday at Curves. I do the circuit 3x with stretching at the end. I walk a lot on Saturdays spending the day with family. I track all my food, liquids and vitamin supplements. I've been aiming for a one pound loss per week. But I've been feeling liking bumping it up a little. So for this challenge I am going for 1.25 pounds per week. I'm pretty competitive so I think this will give me an extra boost in my step.

pearlfit
09-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi - I'm Pearl and I've been a bit of a lurker over the years. I've lost & regained 30 - 40 pounds several times. This time I figured I would try to add some accountability with plans to not make the same mistake for the 3rd or 4th time. I would love to join you. I lost 11 lbs in the month of August and I hope to lose at least 22 lbs by Halloween.

Only Believe
09-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Hello everyone.
I'm 251.2 and aiming for 235 at the end of this challenge so that 16.2 to lose. I think I can do it. If I fall short at least I will be less than I am now LOL.. I'm wishing us all the best!! :)

sando5
09-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Hello everyone :wave: I'm Sandy. I'm 45, married, mother of 3 and my job is with food (I'm a glorified lunch lady). I have been carb cycling for a month and a half and I'm loving it.

Next month my hubby and I celebrate our 25th anniversary on October 22nd. Wow how time flies!

Fall is my favorite time of year and this is the first challenge I've joined here at 3FC. I was happy I found this challenge it sounded great to me so I had to jump right in. I'm hoping to get to know many of you by doing this.

lanabug
09-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks for joining us Marii, Annoyed, sweetmalibu and ninae! We're happy to have you. :)

Emmy - I've been slacking a lot on exercise too! I hurt my ankle a little over a month ago and definitely used that as an excuse to be lazy... while I probably needed to be lazy for a day to two to avoid further injury, a month was not necessary downtime lol.

Brienne - Blegh when my hormones kick in I swear I feel like a human trash can with the kind of food/amount I wanna eat haha. Sounds like a reasonable goal, good luck!

Daimere - I've heard a lot of great things about IF. If you can stick to it (I haven't been able to yet), I'm pretty sure you'll lose a lot more than that!

Sommer - Wow, homeschooling four kids must be a tough job! It's admirable that you can still find the time to work on yourself. Also sounds like an exciting month.. all the more reason to work your butt off (literally) in September! ;)

Amy - Yes! I hate being the one who gets tired and has to leave or spends the whole time sitting down chatting in a corner or something, I wanna paaaarty haha. I gotta take your lead with the exercising, the most I've done lately is leisurely walking my dog. No more excuses!

Pearl - I was a major lurker too. When I found the site again after a long absence, I ended up just making a new account because I couldn't remember my old pw and wanted a fresh start anyway. 11lbs is great for one month! Even if you haven't had the best track record lately, give yourself a little props for that for sure.

Believe - That's exactly how I'm gonna look at it. Even if I don't hit my 234 goal, at least I'll still be under 250. Perfect attitude!

Sandy - I can never give enough pats on the back for the busy moms who manage to find time for themselves still, what a struggle! Fall is my favorite season too (even if Christmas is the best holiday!), and I'm hoping the nice crisp weather gets me exercising!

Someone posted a thread about Christmas shopping and it got me thinking about how much I'd love to give myself the gift of onederland, but I said it as a silly no-way-could-that-ever-happen kind of side comment... but then I realized that if I consistently lost a bit over 3lbs a week, I could wake up Christmas morning in ONDERLAND... I know it's not a very realistic goal, but having spent so many years in the upper 200's, it's insane to think that it's not THAT unattainable, you know? It's no longer 107 pounds away, it's 51, and I can hardly wrap my head around that!

lanabug
09-02-2013, 02:37 AM
Happy Labor Day! Friendly reminder to keep your goals in mind if you're going to be at family picnics today :)

Coops625
09-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Hello all! Count me in for this challenge. I have NEVER posted on the Internet and am somewhat leery of it but ....
My name is Amy. I am a 40 y.o. Wife and mother of a 9 year old boy. I am employed as a RN on the night shift in the ED.
I started WW on 11/12/2012 and have lost 76 pounds so far. I am really scared that I will stop this journey as I am at the same weight as when I lost weight in 2006-07 and when I was married in 1997. The last time I remember weighing less was in 1994!
My goal is to lose 16 pounds as then I would actually weigh the same listed on my driver's license!

findingfawn
09-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Welcome Amy! Congrats on taking the step out of your comfort zone and joining us here!

I realized the other day that in 09 just months after having my youngest son, I was down to 220... that means I have spent the past 4 years dieting my way up to where I am.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day!!! We are staying home, gonna make a fire in the fire ring in the back yard and just enjoy our little family being together. Somewhere along the day I guess we will have to eat, I got some chicken halves on a killer sale and threw them in the freezer some time back so I guess that will be what we have today.... I will not eat a whole half. Not sure beyond that for our meal, I didn't really think ahead.

Bridget37
09-02-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm in I'm in! Thanks Lana for the cool spreadsheet!

lanabug
09-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Welcome aboard, Amy! Chatting on the internet has been vital to my success so far, so hopefully you will love it too. 76lbs is amazing! Don't worry, we'll help you cross that bridge when you get there. I was stuck losing to about 270ish and then gaining it back for a long time, I never thought I'd see 250 again! It's funny, 250 has been the weight on my ID for as long as I can remember, and when I actually hit it I couldn't believe it. Great goal. There is hope for us yet! :hug:

Sommer, ugh isn't that the worst feeling? I ditched the scale for like two years and thought I was doing ok with my diets, when I finally weighed in though I had gained majorly. I hate the diet industry because they do this to so many people! Sounds like a nice day, enjoy it! :)

Bridget, woo hoo, happy to have you! Thank you & you're welcome, haha.

tavvy
09-02-2013, 03:41 PM
I am in! I really want to lose 31 lbs over the course of this challenge, so I am hoping my thyroid cooperates!

I am 24 and mother to a 6.5 month old little boy. I also take care of two children out of my home for 50 hours out of the week. My diet (which is more of a lifestyle at this point) consists of only real foods (fresh produce and meat) and is fairly high in protein and healthy saturated fat, with a moderate amount of carbohydrates. I am looking forward to getting to know y'all better and am getting inspired by y'alls amazing loses so far!

sueBhoney
09-02-2013, 04:28 PM
now I just have to remember to sign in

SuperHeroTeacher
09-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Just stopping by to introduce myself. I just added my info to the spreadsheet. I will be 41 on October 1 and I'm going hardcore (no cheats, 100% on plan) for the month of September to reach the 190s by my birthday. I belong to another Halloween challenge too. I'm kind of a challenge junkie ;)

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-03-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm in. I needed a challenge to get me to the next weight loss area. I think 16lbs might be a bit of a dream but I can do it. Aim high right? I would like to be 21lbs down by my birthday end of November so this should put me on track. Thanks for starting this challenge.
Little info on me. Almost 42 yr. old nurse. 1 son who will be 11 soon. 1 daughter who is 9. Husband who needs to get on track but I can't seem to get motivated. One really old dog who I hope makes it through the winter.
Nice to meet you all.

findingfawn
09-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Good Morning everyone!

I really pushed myself on the treadmill yesterday, I know for many it wouldn't sound like much... but for just getting back on track, it was brutal. I put an hour in at an average of 3mph... a little slower to warm up, up to 3.5 for a good bit and even 2 1 minute jogs (that sounds pathetic..lol) at 5mph. I'm soooooo sore today. I did great on my food but the aching feeling had me thinging surely the scale would be up today... but I was down .8 lbs since yesterday!

JazzyPeggy
09-04-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm signing up. thank you

ChiefRocka
09-04-2013, 12:17 AM
I was hoping to get really close to my actual goal weight by the end of October so this challenge will give me the extra motivation and support I need. Thanks!!

lazylioness
09-04-2013, 12:37 AM
I am in and just signed up!

alwe74
09-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Just signed up ♥

SouthernBell02
09-04-2013, 05:44 AM
I signed up a few days ago but wanted to introduce myself. My name is Amanda, I am 30 married with 2 munchkins. I work full time overnights and am also a part time student. I am very busy which makes almost no time for exercise and when I do have time I am to exhausted. So my weight loss so far has basically just been through diet. I am not sure how much longer it is going to last but I will take it as it comes. I would love to be 200 by the New Year but thats quite a stretch. Good Luck to everyone, see you throughout the challenge!

findingfawn
09-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Good morning everyone, look at all that joined us in the past day! YAY!! Welcome!

Weighed in at 268.2 this morning, down .6 from yesterday. It's also my own official weigh day, I lost exactly 3 pounds since last Wednesday. I'm still sore from my wild ride on the treadmill on Monday, but again today I stuck with my newer bumped up morning workout (right now it's a 2mi WATP video.. was doing 1mi before this week), tonight I want to go downstairs and get on the treadmill for a while... but I have about 2 bushels of tomatoes to blanch, peel, crush and set up to drain... tomorrow is salsa making/canning day, so depending on when the tomatoes get done, I may not make it down there.

Hope everyone has a great on plan day!

tavvy
09-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Finding Fawn: 3 lbs is awesome! and homemade salsa sounds delicious!

I have to can some stock today and I am hoping the kids take a good nap because I haven't been able to work out this week yet. Still, I am down 4 lbs since Sunday, I know it is water weight, I am just hoping I can keep a reasonable loss going throughout the challenge!

I know it seems so minor, but I am very proud of myself for sticking to clean eating for the last 4 days. It is difficult to be inspired to cook decent food when you're exhausted from taking care of a teething babe.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!

lanabug
09-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Welcome newcomers! I hope everyone is having a good week so far. My weigh in day is Wednesday so technically it's only been about half a week for me (I weighed on saturday to make sure my starting weight was as accurate as it was gonna get!) but the difference in a few days was only .5lbs anyways. I lost 1lb this week, not the 2 I was shooting for but I have started incorporating exercise so I'm hoping my muscles are holding some water!

Sommer, CONGRATS on the 3lbs! Running on a treadmill is no joke, you get props for even trying to be honest. Yum fresh salsa, send me some? haha

Tavvy, even if it is just water weight, that's a great drop! Whenever I see the numbers go down like that it motivates me to make sure to lose the lbs for real so I end up working even harder. You're on the right track! There's nothing minor about that at all, it's a big job and takes tons of commitment to stick to. You deserve a little praise :)

Nagazim
09-04-2013, 04:41 PM
This my first challenge. I hope I can remember to check in lol!

I'm Magan (27), mom of a 3yr boy and 17month girl and wife to a stud muffin. I used to match my hunny quite well until babies and I threw caution to the wind. We've been to **** and back over the past 5 years and I'm finally seeing the sunshine. When I was 16 I lost 78lbs so I've actually had a before and after photo. This time is it. I've completely transformed my kitchen into a clean whole foods temple and we're all reaping the benefits. I'm a stay at home mom, so finding new ways to be active with my kiddos has been a lot of fun. We homestead and I couldn't imagine a life without all the animals. I'm happy to be here and look forward to getting to know all of you!

tefrey
09-04-2013, 06:19 PM
This is my first challenge here and I am ready to go! I am 43 years old (will be 44 before the challenge is over). I have lost weight before, but health problems and life caused me to regain. I'm back now with a vengeance!

My long term goal is to be 120 pounds when my husband returns to the US on May 1st of 2014, I don't know if I can do it (it would mean averaging more than two pounds a week) but I am going to try! I have a spreadsheet that shows what my weight needs to be every day to make that happen, so on October 31 I need to be 193 pounds. I have surpassed my weight loss goal every week so far, so I believe I can do this!

Glad to work this contest into my long term goal! Let's do this thing!!!!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Doing well 0.2 lbs down today. Pretty happy with that. I need to average 1.5 lbs a week. MFP informed me that if I eat like this everyday and exercise like this I will be 196.5lbs in 5 weeks. :D I could live with that.

Welcome to all newbies for their first challenge. Stick with it. Challenges have helped me lose my last 20lbs.

Tefrey: Where is your husband coming home from if I may ask. He will be so psyched to see you. Great motivator. I am kind of hoping to be at 140 by next may which will be our 19th anniversary. If I am 140 I will be around the weight I was when I started dating him. Still have a hot polka-dot halter dress that I wore on our first date. ;)

Fawn: :woohoo:On the 3lbs in a week.

Lazy: Yay, another challenge we can do together. Hawaii here you come. Spa day here I come. :carrot:

Lanabug: thanks again for starting this challenge. :D

Hi to anyone I missed.

skinnypeach
09-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Excited to join you guys on this challenge. I just found 3 fat chicks yesterday and fell in love with it!!! excited to have new pals to help inspire me on my weight loss journey!!! I love reading the success post.

I also am a huge fan of Halloween, my favorite Holiday!!! :) It is a huge big deal in our neighborhood, I get over 300 little trick or treaters and would love to be able to fit into my witch costume again this year :) I set my goal for this challenge at 16 pounds, if I can loose 8 pounds a month I would be ecstatic!!

a little about myself, I am 49, 4 kids and also have a stud 40 year old hubby... (Nagazim you are cracking me up with your post about your stud hubby haha) and work full time sitting in front of a computer... sitting ALL DAY!!! so does not help with weight loss. but trying...

My overall goal is to lose 50 pounds before I turn 50 this year. I am on that!! I am looking forward to doing this challenge together and I hope it helps us all stay on track.

Lanabug thanks for starting and monitoring!

findingfawn
09-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Howdy Howdy Everyone!

I just wanted too pop in a second, I have been on the go since 4am! I never got my 'maters blanched and draining last night, so when hubby left for work, instead of getting an extra bit of sleep, I stayed up and got to work so we can cook and can tonight! Took me 5 hours!!! I even only took a second to eat while I waited on more water to boil, and got right back at it.

Then it hit me that I hadn't worked out. So I took 5 minutes of a break and then did my workout!!!! YAY. Then I went to the basement, rounded up all my empty jars and carried all of them up.... off to wash and sterilize jars... then it's time to start cutting all the other veggies.

tefrey
09-05-2013, 12:07 PM
My Fella will be leaving soon to do research in Israel ... so my short term goal is to be 200 lbs when he leaves on October 1st, and 120-135 lbs when he gets back. I've lost a lot of weight before, but I've never had a firm long term goal (just, I'll get there when I get there). I am hoping that having a firm long term goal will be a big motivator ... and of course I have zillions of mini goals along the way!

findingfawn
09-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I would have a meltdown if my hubby left for 7 months... he was Army when we got together, but I so am not cut out for the life of an Army wife... I guess if we didn't have a houseful of kids it wouldn't be so bad.

So 17 1/2 hours later I'm waiting to put my last batch of salsa into the canner. 36 pints and a bowl for the fridge. I have stayed on plan all day, actually had to squeeze in time for eating my meals.

I think I may be taking tomorrow off from exercise. I have been on my feet all. day. long. minus the 3 times I ate. My feet hurt sooooo bad, my back is killing me, and I am just D.O.N.E.

Oh and to put some icing on the day, my 4 year old dropped a weight on his hand, luckily it's not broke, but he's been in the ER with hubby for 4 hours. They should be home soon, had a big, deep cut and needed some stitches. I hear he was a trooper... this is the kid that take 5 or 6 people to hold his little 35lbs still to get his shots, so they really thought they may have to sedate him... but he did it all, no numbing even! Can't wait to hug him!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Fawn: Poor baby. Hope he is doing okay.

SkinnyPeach: Welcome to the challenge and 3fat chicks. You will do great this year.

Tefrey: I do the same. One long term goal 140. A mini goal and a shorter goal. The short goals and 10% of the body weight. I buy myself an Alex and Ani bracelet for that. The mini goal is usually to get me over a hump.

Pretty good day today. Got to see my sister. Work was good. No second cardio done.

Night all 4am comes early and I still have to plank and flutter kick and lunge. ;)

Daimere
09-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Hey there. So far I'm doing okay. The scale has been erratic the last few days but hopefully it will start showing a downward line. Yesterday my non-fast calories were 100 over but it was all healthy stuff (strawberries and canadian ham) and that's excluding my fitbit upload which usually adds about 300+ calories (normally MFP gives me 2050 and it will give me about 2400 with fitbit upload). I also broke my fasting window in that case but I was craving strawberries so bad!

I had to order a new fitbit since it's not uploading properly. It was only $50 though! Well worth it! And the fitbit motivates me and seems reliable.

findingfawn
09-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Rough night here, little guy didn't sleep well. They told him to keep his hand elevated to keep it from swelling (or in his words "so it don't get fat") so all night he kept trying to hold it up.. which meant he didn't sleep (he was in hubby and my bed last night), so neither did I, and I was exhausted to begin with...lol.

My weight is up a weeee bit this morning to 268.0, I expected it to be up with all the time I spent on my feet yesterday and also TOM is around the corner (actually any time now). I have been 100% on plan all week.

Carma... yes 4 am comes toooo quickly, hubby goes in for 4 most days and I get up with him. I had vowed to start staying up when he goes in that early but this morning it was all I could do to get his lunch made and packed and get him out the door.

Daimere, hope your new fitbit comes soon. I wish one was in my budget, $50 is a good price.

Well, have a good day everyone. Have to pull off school with the kiddles since yesterday was all about home ec..lol

tavvy
09-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Fawn: You definitely deserve a break! My goodness, what a day you had yesterday! Poor little man, hope he heals up soon, and glad he has no broken bones!

Daimere: What kind of fasting do you do? I try to have a 16 hour fast between dinner and breakfast, so I stop eating at 6 pm and don't eat breakfast until 10 am. I am not very strict about it, just use it as a general guideline and it is working great for me!

lanabug
09-06-2013, 04:51 PM
I've been busy busy busy but it should settle down in a few days and I can read up on how it's been going around here. Hope you all have a great weekend and don't forget to weigh in by Sunday!

Daimere
09-06-2013, 06:12 PM
What kind of fasting do you do? I try to have a 16 hour fast between dinner and breakfast, so I stop eating at 6 pm and don't eat breakfast until 10 am. I am not very strict about it, just use it as a general guideline and it is working great for me!

I probably overdue it. I should fast between 5a-8p. When it's my lower fast day, I don't eat till 12-5a. If I am craving stuff within reason, I allow myself to have it (yesterday I added a fiber1 bar to hopefully help things move) during my non eating window. But I am tracking some of my foods since I don't know what a normal eating pattern is. I'm doing a sort of 5:2. But I don't make my calories that low. Under 900 seems to be working. I work an active job and I feel like if I need to go lower, I can later.

susyquk
09-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Tomorrow (today) will be my first weigh in for this challenge - hoping it's a good one tho today has been rough and i overdid it with diet soda and underdid it with water (i am usually only drinking one soda a day now) and after an 18 hour shift i am not looking forward to weighing in (I also got a visit from TOM today so that's fun)

Hope y'all are doing well!

SouthernBell02
09-07-2013, 03:21 AM
First week down and I lost 1.2 pounds. Was expecting a smaller weight loss this week since last week was a lot of friend lunches out. Still ate better but not the best. Hopefully everyones weigh ins go better.

findingfawn
09-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning everyone!

Amanda, great job this week, any loss is a loss, right, and you lost over a pound so I call that pretty fabulous.

Susyquk, TOM arrived for me yesterday too... always makes my weight go up and my self control go down :( Trying hard to stay in charge. We'll see, today and tomarrow will be the worst of it for me.

My weight is staying steady, so I won't complain about TOM being here too much. Stayed up with my kiddies to watch LADEE fly over last night, what an amazing thing to see (even if we did freeze out there..lol).

Amy Remixed
09-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Ack! My first weigh-in and I'm up a pound. It's probably water weight. Now that I've been tracking my weight so closely for a few months, I know that I gain water weight during my fertile days. I have an app that estimates my fertile days and TOM. So I should show a lower number at the next weigh-in. In the meantime I'll keep doing what I'm doing!

suzukigurl
09-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone! I just joined in today, I am already in another Halloween challenge but am only 5lbs away from my goal in that challenge so I figured I would join up here and add another 10 lbs to keep myself extra motivated to lose by Halloween! :devil:

SuperHeroTeacher
09-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Down 2.9 pounds for week one! :carrot:

wannaskipandlaugh
09-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Hello and Thank you Lana for starting this... I too am in another Halloween challenge... but the more I am involved with .. the more it makes me want to post a good number! Besides.. I have to watch Superteach get to Onderland in a bunch of places! :D.... I posted today and also in the 1st week to cover tomorrow (Will change number for this weektho if I lose something LOL) Thank you!

susyquk
09-08-2013, 02:52 AM
Good morning everyone!

Susyquk, TOM arrived for me yesterday too... always makes my weight go up and my self control go down :( Trying hard to stay in charge. We'll see, today and tomarrow will be the worst of it for me.

Hope it hasn't been too bad for you!

I weighed in this morning and had a 3.5lb loss for the week so I am happy with that.

Had a Jimmy johns sandwich for lunch (which is fine) but then hubby has been feeling neglected (my mom is here and staying for 7 weeks as she lives in the UK and I now live in the US.. she has only been here two weeks) so it was his choice and he wanted fried chicken - the chicken itself was very small, i removed batter and only had half a biscuit but i did drink some cider.. so who knows if tomorrow will still be down 3.5 - I did do two hours at the gym tho so hopefully that helped to counteract!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Ugh back up to 205.0 Thank you TOM. But not bad for total loss for the week. 1.4lbs. Was not a nice surprise to wake up to. I didn't exercise yesterday as I was a bit of a slug in the morning wanting to watch TV then became focused on getting my side of the room cleaned and organized that my son and I missed doing C25K run. I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday. Surprisingly cravings weren't bad. I didn't enter any food in MFP all day. Now need to try and remember it all to put in. Breakfast out with my friend this morning. We meet at 9am so hoping it will keep me full until an early Sunday dinner. Got some nice fresh peaches and going to make my first peach hand pies for dessert.
Have a great Sunday everyone.

findingfawn
09-08-2013, 08:31 AM
GAH.... TOM finally took full force yesterday. It has gotten worse and worse over the years, it started slow this time and all I could think was maybe with my watching my diet and losing some weight it might just happen to be back to some sort of normal.. but nope. Yesterday afternoon the cramps started and it kicked into high gear. No surprise to see the scale up to just .2lbs lower than my start weight this morning.

My food has been great, didn't exercise yesterday, though before everything went horrible, I did go into town to a street fair and walked around it for an hour and a half. Today I probably won't get in any exercise... it will be a lay in bed with the heating pad kind of day.

Have a great day everyone!

pearlfit
09-08-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm down 5 this week. Decades of dieting have taught me to not get over-confident but I'm changing my avatar today -15 :) Thanks for the welcome and I'm looking forward to getting this done with everyone!

alwe74
09-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Down 4.4 lbs. this week...YAY! :cb: This was my first week doing the Belly Fat Cure diet. I didn't do any exercise last week, just the diet. This week I'm going to try to incorporate some walking. (I'm a "baby steps" kind of person :D )

lanabug
09-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Welcome to everyone that joined us throughout the week! Everyone is doing a wonderful job - that being said, some of us are doing spectacularly! Here are the top losers for week one:

1. Only Believe (-5.4lbs)
2. Searching4Me777 (-5.4lbs)
3. sueBhoney 5 (-5lbs)

:congrat:

Even if you're not in the top three, you're still awesome so keep up the good work everyone!

Also, just wanted to throw out some questions to help everyone reflect on the first week. You don't have to post a response (unless you'd like to), just be honest with yourself. Only seven weeks to go!

1. Did you meet your personal weekly goal?
- If yes, how did you get there? Will you stick to it this week or shake it up?
- If no, what are you going to change to meet your goal this week? Could you have done anything differently?

2. Are you exercising?
- If yes, what are your goals for this week?
- If no, are you going to start or just stick to focusing on diet for now?

3. Are you drinking enough water?
- A lot of us are stalling out, losing less than expected or even going up. Since dehydration is one of many influential factors in
retaining water, it can't hurt to ask yourself if you're getting in at least 64oz a day!

SouthernBell02
09-09-2013, 02:50 AM
Fawn~ Oh my I hope your little guy is doing better. My friends daughter got her hand shut in the car door no break either but a few stitches. The doc told her to keep it above her heart so the got her a new stuffed animal she could rest her hand on at night. It worked out well for her;)

Daimere~ I also have a Fitbit. Mines the Flex and I also LOVE it! I have done really well lately with hitting the goals that I feel it was well worth it.

Emmy1991
09-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Congrats everyone for a good first week! Hopefully everyone is chugging along at their own pace. I've lost 2 pounds which for me, is right on target.
I am going to stick with what I'm doing, eating 1200 cals and exercise and see how it goes. "Slow but steady".
I'm trying to workout 5 times a week but so far its been about 3 times.. not bad but hopefully I can kick it up a notch.
I'm also drinking about 2L a day! but TOM is coming soon and I'm SO not looking forward to that!

How's everyone else going? :)

findingfawn
09-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Also, just wanted to throw out some questions to help everyone reflect on the first week. You don't have to post a response (unless you'd like to), just be honest with yourself. Only seven weeks to go!

1. Did you meet your personal weekly goal?Not even close... but TOM beat me up on the scale, if I go by Saturday's weight, then I went over my goal.
- If yes, how did you get there? Will you stick to it this week or shake it up? Even though my weight on Sunday wasn't at goal, I will answer this, I'm a calorie counter. Nothing is really off limits, but I do have to have good portion control (I measure and weigh almost everything!).
- If no, what are you going to change to meet your goal this week? Could you have done anything differently?

2. Are you exercising? Every day!
- If yes, what are your goals for this week? This week my goal is 2 mile WATP every morning and hitting the treadmill for an hour at 3mph 2-3 nights this week.
- If no, are you going to start or just stick to focusing on diet for now?

3. Are you drinking enough water? I drink a gallon or more a day!
- A lot of us are stalling out, losing less than expected or even going up. Since dehydration is one of many influential factors in
retaining water, it can't hurt to ask yourself if you're getting in at least 64oz a day! I have a 32oz water bottle, I fill it a minimum of 4 times a day. I usually have 2 of them gone by 10am. Drinking it through a straw seems to really help with how much water I drink.

Way to go on all the loses!! Just keep moving forward, if you didn't reach your goal, don't beat yourself up. Take is as a lesson learned, look at what you did or didn't do and work on fixing that one thing this week.

My weight is back down today, but TOM is still in full force mode, so who knows what the scale will look like over the next few days. I have stayed completely on plan, even forced myself to exercise (I hate exercising during TOM), so I am sure I'm going to see great numbers on the scale soon.

HDG again
09-09-2013, 10:24 AM
i'm in and my goal is to lose 20lbs! thanks for setting up the tracker!

lazylioness
09-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Up a few pounds..but it is TOM starting so I expected it..

Did you meet your personal weekly goal?
No...TOM, but I will probably WOOSH next week
-2. Are you exercising? Uh no.
- If yes, what are your goals for this week?

- If no, are you going to start or just stick to focusing on diet for now? My goal this week is to get back into my regular gym routine, the "diet" I have down. I do WW so its easy to do what I need to do food wise. Those changes are permament at this point. The damn gym though....getting there is 97% of my battle

3. Are you drinking enough water?Yes, if I drank any more, I would be a fish and would have to move my office into the bathroom

retaining water, it can't hurt to ask yourself if you're getting in at least 64oz a day!

Oephilia
09-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the motivation.. I'm in :carrot:

S/C/G: 284/266/160

lanabug
09-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Welcome Oephilia :)

So I don't know about the rest of you, but when the weather starts to cool off I do whatever I can to exercise outside. I know a lot of people like to in the summer, but for me it's just way too hot and I tire a lot faster because I find I have a hard time catching my breath when it gets humid. And of course, winter exercising isn't much fun either! So fall is the perfect time for me. Aside from taking my dog on longer walks, I broke out my bike and have been cycling around the lake near my house every day over the last week. I'm not sure the distance, but it's definitely more than a mile. Right now I'm only going around once because I've been out of structured exercise for about two months so I need to build lost muscle back up, but I'm setting a non weight goal! By the end of this challenge, in addition to having hit my goal weight I want to be biking around the lake 5x a day. It's not going to be easy but I think if I gradually add in laps over the next seven weeks it's attainable if I push myself around the mental barrier.

Daimere
09-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Tomorrow ends my first full week working on this. As of now, the scale is reading nice and positive. I've had a calorie deficient for the week.

2. Are you exercising?
My main goal is to reach 10k steps a day. Except for yesterday, I made the goal. I even got a fitbit badge for it. I don't know about yesterday since I forgot my fitbit.

I have no clue. I just drink and drink it.

alligator
09-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi all, I joined the challenge this morning! I set a very low goal for myself because I tend to obsess about numbers and the maximum I could potentially lose over a given time span. This time, I'm trying to work on the habits that seem to cause me to lose momentum and give up each time I lose a significant amount of weight.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Did you meet your weekly personal goal?:
Lost 1.4lbs so close to 1.5 lbs. Not bad for the first week. Would like to see the bloat bring off 3lbs by next week. I will do it with sticking to my calories and getting all my water and exercise in.
Are you exercising?:
Did exercise every day but Saturday and I did clean that day. I did not make 3 days weight lifting or yoga 3 days. Did do my couch to 5k 3 times in the week. This week my goal is to get 45minutes at least 3 days a week and try for 90 minutes the other 4. Yesterday got my 45 minutes. Sunday too.
Are you drinking enough water?
I think so, I drink close to 100oz each day. I think I was shy on water on Saturday.

susyquk
09-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I did. 3.5lbs down - tho I had a bad(ish) day on Saturday as I ate all my calories in one meal - but intentionally.

2. Are you exercising?
Yes. 6 times a week at the gym. 3 x 1 hour and 3 x 1.5 hours

I believe so - tho I find it difficult. I only like water if it is freezing cold - I have been using those sugar free liquid flavorings (splenda based not aspertame) and those are helping. I am usually drinking more than 100oz a day. I also have limited myself to one can of soda (diet) a day which is all i used to drink.

tefrey
09-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Congrats to everyone for getting through the first week!

I see some questions floating around so I'll answer them for me:

My weekly goal is 2 1/3 pounds a week. But my weight loss fluctuates wildly from week to week so it doesn't bother me that I only lost 1.8 pounds, all I care about is the average over time, and right now that is close to 3 pounds per week, so well over my goal.

2. Are you exercising?
Just started. My goal is to hit the gym three times a week for an hour and walk at least 30 minutes on my days off. I've been ramping up my time, and today was my first hour long session at the gym.

I think so.

Daimere
09-10-2013, 08:51 PM
It's official weigh in day and I weigh in 236.2! That's about 7 pounds since the first. That's about 6.7 pounds since last week.

sueBhoney
09-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Did I reach my personal goal? ..yes..my goal was to lose. not so sure this week.
Exercise? a long session on the eliptical recumbent bike with a leg booster. yesterday after work knees were acting up..today after work will go and work on arms, back and abs..hopefully a session on the bike.
Water? working on it..getting 32-40 ozs..along with foods high in water.

findingfawn
09-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Howdy howdy everyone! I'm still plugging along. I had a bad day on Monday, but a good one yesterday. The scale is moving in the right direction, so I won't complain at all :)

Have a great Wednesday!

alwe74
09-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi all, I joined the challenge this morning! I set a very low goal for myself because I tend to obsess about numbers and the maximum I could potentially lose over a given time span.

I do the same thing. I get totally obsessed and then overwhelmed. I decided this time to break it up over smaller goals. I call it my "Five at a Time" plan. I set a goal for 5 lbs. and then set a reasonable deadline (3-4 weeks) to achieve it. So far that has helped me from becoming obsessed.

lanabug
09-11-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm happy to see so many of you decided to post answers, it's really interesting to read. I didn't lose the 3lbs I was shooting for this week, but I'll definitely take 2! I'm so excited to have my foot solidly in the 240's. I can't even wrap my head around that! Plus this puts my BMI below 40, one of my major mini goals. Congrats to everyone who's losing and keep going to everyone who's scales are being brats!

alligator - perfect plan! I spent years losing to 275ish but once I starting creeping up on 270 (280 over the past two years though) something would snap like LOL NOPE, NOT HAPPENING and I'd gain it all back. Ended up at 306 and I still don't fully understand why. But once I switched the focus from how many lbs I can lose to just making better choices all around, I swooshed right by. I set my goal pretty high for this challenge, but I'm in great need of discipline right now lol.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-11-2013, 08:39 PM
alligator - perfect plan! I spent years losing to 275ish but once I starting creeping up on 270 (280 over the past two years though) something would snap like LOL NOPE, NOT HAPPENING and I'd gain it all back. Ended up at 306 and I still don't fully understand why. But once I switched the focus from how many lbs I can lose to just making better choices all around, I swooshed right by. I set my goal pretty high for this challenge, but I'm in great need of discipline right now lol.

I definitely eat more servings of fruits and vegetables today I had a banana, blueberry/strawberry smoothie. Had a lean cuisine with vegetables for lunch and added tomatoes/peppers/onions/carrots and edamame with a little bit of low calorie dressing. Broccoli at dinner. Definitely helped with the better choices. After dinner I just went for my walk. No hemming or hawing. I really think when you make it a habit it just comes.

lanabug
09-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Carma - Yep, that's one of the biggest things for me too. Just the attitude of creating healthy habits for life instead of viewing it as a temporary diet has made such a difference that it's insane. Also - good job today!

findingfawn
09-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Happy Thursday everyone! My weight was up a hair today, but last nights dinner was sodium city so I expected it. I'm so tired today and really wanted to go back to bed but I forced myself to exercise instead. I am still sleepy, but need to get moving. Have to finish school up with my kiddos so I can finish planning and gathering everything I need for my Brownie Troop meeting tonight. It's our first meeting back after our summer break and I have some big plans in store... hope the girls have as much fun as I think they will!

alligator
09-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Good morning all! Checking in here as a mental block for the fast food craving I am having right now. Once I post, off to have oatmeal instead. I've been eating only whole foods for the past two days and, even without consciously restricting myself, my calories have naturally fallen just under my ideal 'diet' range. So much better than eating the fast food and having to skip a meal to achieve the same!

Carma, great job on the food! I need to be more adventurous with my vegetables. If I could just learn to like broccoli ...

Fawn, I hear you on the sodium. It can temporarily mask all of your great efforts once you get on the scale. Just drink lots of water and know that the weight will move soon.

Daimere
09-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Achieved 10k steps before bed today! Woot. I don't see 10k happening for "Friday." But new tattoo tomorrow!

sando5
09-13-2013, 05:54 AM
It's Friday and 2 lbs are gone! Boy that brings a smile to my face :)
I hope everyone keeps up the can do spirit. WE ARE AWESOME!

findingfawn
09-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Woo Hoo! It's FRIDAY!!!! Funny how even being a housewife Fridays feel great to me..lol

The scale is back on track after yesterday's sodium blip.

Daimere, I want a new tat soooo bad, totally jealous you are getting one..lol I have told myself when I hit goal, but really it will depend on what my skin looks like. I have a BIG one planned and not sure I will have enough decent realestate to put it on.

Sando, Great job this week!

This weekend is shaping up to be a busy one for us. Tomorrow is a hot air balloon festival with an air show and some other things, we may head there... but the cost of admission is steep (of course). Then Sunday my sister in law and her boyfriend want to go fleamarketing with us (there are 5 that aren't too horribly far away and make a really nice circle for a Sunday drive).

Have a great Friday everyone!

Coops625
09-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Tried to post last night while working but dozed off while trying to hit send, the Internet connection was lost, and so was my post!! Irritating!
I had a loss of 4 lbs since the beginning of the challenge - that sets me up well to meet my goal ( I hope) !
I have got to try and not be so obsessed with the scale number though! It is crazy to me that at my 10 month weigh-in I would be upset that I ONLY had a total loss of 79.8 lbs - I kept wondering in my head what I could have done differently so that it was 80 -- WTH?? Really, I am worried about the minuscule now ? in the past sometimes that's when I tend to go Off Plan because it all becomes discouraging. Not this time!!!
I am going to also think about the many NSV I have had over my journey - the latest one being persistent with the c25k and being able to complete Week 4 Day 1 (5 min. Never felt so long - LOL!)
Thanks for reading and listening. Sending you all positive thoughts!

Looking4PotOfGold
09-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone!

I just found this post and I am totally in! I love Halloween and I would love to fit into a fun outfit :)

... A little bit about me-- I am 29 and the weight gain really started when I went into university and that was compounded by a stressful career and additional qualifications... all that stress definitely took its toll on me. Recently at my friends baby shower I saw some photos of myself and I just couldn't believe that is what I looked like. I took action (finally) and signed up with a weightloss program (Herbal Magic) and am on track to a healthier me -- I've got a new job too so I am not so stressed out :)

After a bit of a slowdown in August, I got back on track on Monday and am recommitted to getting to the finish line.

Coops - I downloaded the couch to 5 k app as well and I love it! I am on week 5 and am amazed at what I can do now. I repeated week 4 about 4 times though... 5 minutes was a long time. When the weather got nice and I wasn't so embarrassed to be seen running outside, I found it harder to stick to the times, but it was easier to go the distance because I could change my pace to what I could handle (vs. the treadmill keeping me at a certain pace).

Anyways.. I clearly remember the 30s run in the beginning was the hardest thing I've ever done. I recently bought a nike+ thing for my shoes and now I can track my distance when I go outside. It is really motivating and don't worry, soon you'll be able to do 5 min no problem!!

Well I weigh in on MWF evenings so I'll try to post often :)

Nice to meet you all!:carrot:

lanabug
09-13-2013, 07:53 PM
alligator - isn't that the best feeling?! It's like, stuffed on healthy food or starved on junk? That thought sure helps with the cravings. Good job!

daimere - AWESOME! I have a fitbit and track my steps but I've been struggling to meet my goal lately because I've been riding my bike a lot instead of long walks. Gotta find a way to do both I think. omg I love tattoos, dying to see it! :)

sando - 2lbs is GREAT! Love your attitude :cheer:

sommer - Friday the 13th no less! hope no one is having bad luck today lol. I agree about the tattoo, I want one for goal but it's probably going to have to be on my wrist or something. Good luck staying on track during your busy weekend, but don't forget to have fun!

coops - UGH that is the worst ever, I hate when I accidentally delete a long post. Congrats on the 4lbs so far, you'll make it! I think it's really hard to keep the big picture in mind when you're going on a day to day or even weekly basis hoping to see a certain number, so you get so caught up in that that it gets very easy to forget how far you've come. Personally I get stuck on switching 'decades' so right now I'm super focused on getting into the 230's... very easy to forget that this time last year that 3 was the first number in my weight. NSV's are a super helpful way to measure progress not scale related, thanks for the reminder. You've got a great attitude about it! :hug:

looking - welcome! Sounds like you've got all your ducks in a row to succeed, can't wait to watch your ticker move down :)

Daimere
09-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Daimere, I want a new tat soooo bad, totally jealous you are getting one..lol I have told myself when I hit goal, but really it will depend on what my skin looks like. I have a BIG one planned and not sure I will have enough decent realestate to put it on.

I'm trying to tell myself that this is a reward for getting back on track persay. I've been placing all mine in places that I don't think will morph too much. I think my back piece will be my reward (kushiel's dart marquee).

daimere - AWESOME! I have a fitbit and track my steps but I've been struggling to meet my goal lately because I've been riding my bike a lot instead of long walks. Gotta find a way to do both I think. omg I love tattoos, dying to see it!
I loooove my fitbit but the new one didn't seem to count a flight of stairs I took. I'm hoping that was a snafu (or since I did it at 11pm at night, it might have been on the day before).

It's a Friday the 13 tattoo. So it was 13 bucks. I will post it in the morning cause I can't seem to from this stupid IE work computer

SouthernBell02
09-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Well I thought it was going to be a good week ate fairly well and walked 2 miles on the treadmill 3 times this week. Didn't show on the scale though :(
241.7 up 1.2 for the week. Hopefully the rest of you have better results.

Daimere
09-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Here's the new tattoo for Friday the 13th(picture in link. didn't want to stretch people's screens):
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1236976_10152165296666102_946392308_n.jpg

Daimere
09-14-2013, 08:35 AM
oops double post

tefrey
09-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Down 3.2 pounds for this week! Wasn't sure I was going to see much of a weight loss at all, but I was able to get in a vigorous workout at the gym yesterday morning and that seemed to get things moving for today.

On target for Halloween!

pearlfit
09-15-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm down 4 lbs for a total of 9 this month. Pretty sure this is just the initial honeymoon period after a couple years off program but I'll take it!

My other thought is this "no refined grains or sugar" might be the key to my success. I really recommend trying it. It has not be too hard after the first couple of weeks in August getting my mind wrapped around no more bread, cereal and other staples of my diet. I have not been ravenously hungry since I started this. My willpower has had a few difficult challenges but I got past them.

This week I'm going to concentrate on water and exercise. I might get a Fitbit or Nike Fuel band. I've read everything I can on both - still can't decide the best one for me. Sound like people in this group tend to like the Fitbit?

Pearl

lanabug
09-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Just wanna remind those that haven't to weigh in today!! Tonight when I update the spreadsheet I'm going to be clearing out names of people who haven't updated for two weeks to clean it up a little bit. Anyone can rejoin at any time though! :)

HelloNurse
09-15-2013, 02:56 PM
So far I'm trending about a pound and a half per week. So I'll probably fall short of the goal, but that doesn't mean I can't still try!

Amy Remixed
09-15-2013, 03:09 PM
I've been within my daily calories, tracking my food, working out, drinking water and... I gained weight. Is five pounds of water weight for two weeks possible?! Or is my body fighting the change? Argh! :mad: I'm still committed. :smug:

HelloNurse
09-15-2013, 03:14 PM
I can gain or lose 5 pounds of water weight in 2 DAYS! Remember, there is often a slight water gain right before a whoosh. And our hormones do a number on water retention. As can dehydration (when you don't have enough water to spare, your kidneys start conserving it and your body stashes it wherever it can for later). Or constipation. Or stress (due to cortisol levels). Or lack of sleep (same as stress).

This is why I weight daily; it gives me an accurate gauge of my ups and downs daily, so I can guess when it's water and when I'm truly gaining or losing. I look at my weight graph in My Fitness Pal and track the mean line for the week or month.

Nagazim
09-15-2013, 05:21 PM
I remembered today :)

Emmy1991
09-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Oh i know how you guys feel.. I've put on like 1kg.. 2.2pounds from TOM.. and now I've finished TOM I still haven't lost that weight! Hopefully I can get it down before my next weigh in.

I don't mind if i fall short of my goal, as long as I lose.

Daimere
09-15-2013, 09:28 PM
I was up a pound and maintained that through out TOM. When it started to recede, was down a pound and going down slowly now. Hopefully next week will be better!

skinnypeach
09-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi Everyone,
I lost 5 pounds!!! WOOWOO, I think that is a record for me!!! I have never lost that much in one week in my entire life. I was out of town traveling with work most of the week and I made sure I did not let my car pull into the fast food windows, I carried food with me. Plus not cooking for the family helped a lot also.

Now I just have to keep up the momentum so I can hit my goal and be ready for my witch costume for trick or treat! Thanks for all the inspirational posts. I know a few of you did not lose this week, but keep on keeping on and all of a sudden you will lose a few pounds.

GOAL 16 POUNDS TO FIT INTO MY WITCH COSTUME BY HALLOWEEN….

lanabug
09-16-2013, 03:31 AM
I'll get to personals tomorrow as it's really late, just wanted to make sure everything was updated. Shall we?

First things first, I cleaned up the spreadsheet a bit by removing anyone who hasn't updated in two weeks - if you got deleted but you still want to participate, just throw your name back on there and weigh in! I'm glad to see we've still got twenty seven participants, but that being said, I really encourage everyone to participate in the thread. You don't have to try to reply to everyone, but definitely come in and just let us know how things are going for you!

Secondly, this isn't a contest, but I do think it's nice to give a little extra recognition to people who've been working their butts off (literally), so I'm gonna make it a weekly thing to post the 'top losers'. I know some people are struggling and if you feel you're one of them (I know I do!), I just wanna say that the fact that you're still chugging along and haven't dropped out of the challenge means you're a winner/on the right track, in my opinion. Keep going, the scale will show your hard work soon enough!

:cheer3: WEEK 2::cheer2:
1. skinny peach (-5lbs)
2. emmy1991 & Pearlfit (-4lbs)
3. Only Believe (-3.4lbs)

:cp: OVERALL: :encore:
1. Pearlfit (-9lbs)
2. Only Believe (-8.8lbs)
3. daimere, skinny peach & Searching4Me777 (-7lbs)

I loved reading everyone's thoughts to the questions last week, so here's another one for you:

How did the second week compare to your first?
- better/worse?
- did you meet your weekly goal?
- if no, how will you get there this week?

Daimere
09-16-2013, 08:22 AM
How did the second week compare to your first? Still going pretty good! Considering since the first of the challenge I've lost 7 lbs officially (8 pounds according to daily weighing), I'm pretty happy. When I weighed Tuesday, right before TOM, I was 236.something. Although this Tuesday, I won't see a super big number, it's still lower than 244. I was sick this week and had TOM. With the continual downward slide of the scale, I'm very happy! First week was 242, second 236 something. Hopefully this third week will be below 235 or under! :)

This week, I'm hoping to incorporate more exercise and keep aiming for 10k steps a day. I'll continue to eat under 2400 on most days and lower than 1000 on my fasting days (2). Since I made a small goal(238) that means I've already hit goal for this challenge. So the new challenge will be to stay under 238.

Congrats to everyone in the challenge so far!

findingfawn
09-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Good Morning everyone! Had a crazy weekend and ate horribly. I'm sure my calories weren't too bad, I didn't track them, but I know that I ate more salt than the Dead Sea contains.

Friday night, we took the kids to the drive in to see Planes and Monsters University.. I didn't plan on snacking with the family... but I did, lots of salty cheddar popcorn.

Saturday we took the kids to see our favorite monster truck, who was at a Dodge dealership not too far away... then we hit Sam's Club since it is in that area and I needed to go anyway. So no hot air balloon festival for us. Saturday night I got to have some kid free time with the hubster... but it wasn't a fun occasion. A friend of his from work, our age!, passed away so we went to the viewing... this led to some pretty intense talks (which pissed me off and will eventually lead to more once I find the strength to not scream and yell at him about it). We ended up stopping at a Chinese buffet and against my better judgement I ate horrible things (walnut chicken... oh my freaking yum, but oh so bad!)

Yesterday I didn't even bother to get on the scale. We got up early and headed out flea marketing. We didn't get home till 4:30! We had a great time, but our lunch out was probably bad as well.

Oh well, new day, back on track :)

cheeriloos
09-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi girls, I'm in! I tried adding my info but it won't show...

lazylioness
09-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Eek! I will update tomorrow morning!

Up a pound! Damn TOM!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks again Lana bug for doing this contest. To answer your question:
How did the second week compare to my first? I was happy with the loss. I would like a full 3 lbs off next week. Strong all week then lagged behind over the weekend. Didn't exercise as much and low water intake on Sunday. Thankfully didn't have to weigh in for Monday. I was up this morning to 204.4 but know it was my water intake. I want a strong week this week and plan to exercise more and try to eat less. I want to do( 3)300 caorie meals with (3) 100-150 snacks. I still need to follow through on weight training 3 days a week. I may make it opposite my C25k days and do yoga on those. I need to commit to really planning and tracking meals 6 days of the week and Sunday after weigh in will be cheat day. Dying to get under 200lbs. This is my week.I know it.

Nagazim
09-16-2013, 11:43 PM
How did the second week compare to your first?
Even though I lost less, I still did ok. I guess it evened out for a 2 lb/week. I just really need to hit around the 3 lb/week mark. I didn't cheat. I exercised daily. IDK, I really don't want to go through another stall but I worry that's where I'm headed.

My goal for the week is to hit 400 cals burned per day.

cheeriloos
09-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Having a few ups and downs but more ups tham i would like this week

findingfawn
09-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning everyone!

The up on the scale from my crazy weekend is going down, and I didn't have to force my workout as much today (yesterday was terrible!!!).

How did the 2nd week compare to the first... well TOM was here the first, and is gone... that always makes life easier ;)

Daimere
09-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Official weigh in day and I'm 234.7. Going down. *dances* I really didn't expect that but I was secretly hoping for 234. Wooooot. That means I've lost a total of 8.5 pounds and lost 2 pounds this week. Woot!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Pitch hit on eating tonight. Managed to stay within my calories but not as low as I wanted. However I got 600 calories of exercise in so hopefully good scale in the am.

sueBhoney
09-18-2013, 05:01 AM
not so good last week..up 2 pounds..salt may be the issue..suddenly I have a craving for it. pick myself up and get back on track...

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-18-2013, 05:36 AM
202.4 yay.

lanabug
09-18-2013, 02:44 PM
You're all welcome lol! thanks for participating :) This week wasn't so hot for me, but it could have been worse. I'm really frustrated with my rate of losing because I know I should be happy it's going down and 1lb or so at a time is totally acceptable, but I've been hoping to lose at a steadier 2lbs a week, optimistically 2-3. I'm thinking my body is still adapting to having added a fitness routine in though, so we'll see! Also.. slightly unrelated, but I finally got to put my tickers in my sig and that's so exciting lol

skinnypeach - WOW, great job!!! You're well on your way to goal!

daimere - omg I have no idea how I missed you! Gonna add you to the top 3 list, 7lbs is awesome! Keep it up.
ETA: ack I think I know how I missed it, I'm not seeing your info on the spreadsheet. I think it might have accidentally got swept up with the people who hadn't updated. Sorry about that!! Guess I shouldn't try doing busy work at 3am haha

sommer - Salt is such a killer for me too! Whenever I'm around TOM I crave it like no other. Good call not stepping on the scale imo, you already know you made some not so good choices and there's no point getting down about it when you've already gotten yourself back on track!

cheeriloos - that's odd, is it working now? Welcome!

carma - I'm really focusing on planning meals too, I find that if I don't I just kind of end up eating whatever is quickest, which is never good. Fingers crossed you get into onederland this week!!

nagazim - ugh that's exactly how I feel! Earlier in the year the weight was coming off pretty steadily but not I'm lucky to lose 1lb a week... I know it's better than no loss at all, but man I wanna hit 2-3lbs! I hate when my loss slows down cause then I also fear a stall, which nobody wants.

GorgeousBabe
09-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Hello ladies I`m new, and i need help! ASAP :( IDK what I`m doing :?:...Please Help! Thanks!

lanabug
09-18-2013, 03:00 PM
allie - Welcome! To sign up, all you have to do is click here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmiJ6SiX_vd7dHN0cFVVOWJ0QTc5M0lZV1E2SmVHM 1E#gid=0), scroll down to the bottom of the list and add your username, starting weight & goal weight! We're just getting into week 3, so on Sunday when you weigh in, you'll put it under the 'week 3' column. You can weigh on whatever day you'd like though, I just don't update the spreadsheet until Sunday :)

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Allie, did you mean new and don't know what your doing with the challenge or new and don't know what your doing with diet and exercise?

Daimere
09-18-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm thinking my body is still adapting to having added a fitness routine in though, so we'll see!
That's why I'm nervous to do something super serious right now regarding fitness. I've just been doing sporadic fitness.

findingfawn
09-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Morning everyone!

Oh my wow am I sore today! Yesterday I bumped up my WATP to the 3mi, spent an hour getting what was left in the garden and lugging it all back to the house (why on earth did we decide to put it so far away..lol) then we took the kids on a hike through some of the fields, not sure just how far we went, probably a mile or so, it took an hour but we didn't move fast.. lots of observing nature (some of which was not nice and I won't go into detail.... but it lead to some long discussions about the food chain and the scavenger birds who we were afraid would come after us for being too near their feast).

Only did the 2 mile WATP this morning and ached the whole time... no pain no gain... errrrrr loss?

Have a great day everyone!

GorgeousBabe
09-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Allie, did you mean new and don't know what your doing with the challenge or new and don't know what your doing with diet and exercise?
meaning everything lol, i just wanna lose weight!! :( I`m tired of being made fun of and laughed at cause of my weight i feel like i never fit in! :(

GorgeousBabe
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM
I AM SO READY FOR THIS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cheeriloos
09-19-2013, 02:56 PM
babeall u do is eat healthy, workout, drink lots of water, green tea, avoid the junk and the come talk to us about it, and keep tray k of urban progress and weigh in, we really just give another an outlet for keeping accountable and friendship with ppl who have experience with many of the same issues as you. No-one will be mean or cliquey so jump in and post everywhere and have fun. :D:hug:

cheeriloos
09-19-2013, 03:00 PM
09/14:229.0
09/21:

Looking4PotOfGold
09-19-2013, 03:04 PM
I lost my downward momentum and went up a pound this week.
I've been having too much fun going to sporting events and dinners out. I've allowed myself to cheat again.

We also have house guests staying with us this weekend, so it is sure going to be another challenge. I've purchased some smaller clothes to help me remember that I need to still work at this everyday, but I still have lots of clothes that are super loose on me -- argh.

Back up to 188.6 -- next weigh in is tomorrow & I will also get measurements. So maybe I've managed to loose some inches this last month -- that would definitely make me feel better.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am!!

cheeriloos
09-19-2013, 03:05 PM
[B]potofgoldyou most definitely have lost a lot of weight so you know what you are doing! Tighten up now and buckle down you can be back on track! I regained 70 lbs by getting too comfortable at the 180s after losing so please enjoy the outing but drink water eat beforehand and stay focused! You got this :)

Nagazim
09-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Who just resisted Pizza and pigging out?! This girl right here! :dance:

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-19-2013, 07:33 PM
:woohoo:Nagazim. Go team willpower.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-19-2013, 07:45 PM
meaning everything lol, i just wanna lose weight!! :( I`m tired of being made fun of and laughed at cause of my weight i feel like i never fit in! :(

Well as far as that goes you have to decide what weight loss method will work for you. I am not a big proponent of any type of fad diet that you have to eat a certain type of food to lose the weight. My logic is that you can lose all that weight and if you start eating normal food again what happens?
I am a big fan of calorie counting. It is basically just like weight watchers but oh yeah it's free. If you have someone to be accountable to for weight loss then you should be able to do it. If you don't want to go crazy with calorie counting then just start boosting your fruits and vegetables and learn portion control.
Also start exercising 30 minutes daily. If you need to do 3 10 minute walks at first that is okay. Just build and if you aim for every day you will see results.
A doctor that I work with taught me the 5-15-30 plan.
Eat all 5 colors of fruits and vegetables each day(white or brown, green,
red, orange or yellow, purple, black or blue. :broc:
Meditate 15 minutes every day :yoga:This will help bring your focus in.

Exercise 30 minutes every day. :exercise::exercise:. I let him know that I do one workout for my heart and one for my a%$! :D
Hopefully this info helps. I found this site extremely helpful.

findingfawn
09-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Morning everyone! Happy FRIDAY!!!!!

I am still so sore today, I started my workout and couldn't do the kicks or knee lifts with my left leg and the right one hurt like crazy (though it moved and didn't feel like the muscle was frozen..lol). I decided during the warm up that if I couldn't get through the warm up I better not even push it, that muscle needs to rest and heal. I will hit the treadmill later today and just walk a while :)

GorgeousBabe~ I am a calorie counter. I think the easiest way to figure what you should eat is to take your goal weight and times it by 10, but you should never go below 1200 calories a day. I simply go with 1200 as my base... I'm sometimes over a couple hundred calories and sometimes below (but never below 1000... if I am I find something else to eat!). I do try to go with healthier options and avoid things that make me lose control. I read every label, I measure and weigh almost everything. Oh and I exercise pretty much every day right now most days are 30 minutes, but I hope to hit an hour eventually.

Lyndality
09-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Ohhh, this sounds great! Am I too late to join??

Lyndality
09-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Decided I wasn't too late.... I've signed in, hoping to lose 12 pounds by Halloween!

Looking4PotOfGold
09-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi! I'm just checking in - weigh in will be after work is done for the day. I don't think the scale has moved, which is ok, just glad it isn't going up.

Thanks Cheeriloos for the support! I didn't eat any of the treats in the lunch room :) a small victory, but I'll take it! Ya 180's is a good place to be, I still want to loose more, but I am finally enjoying wearing stylish clothes again -- I don't ever want to go back to yoga pants on a Friday night! So I got to buckle down and stay on track.

My mini-goal for the weekend: No cheating!! Not even a bite!!:dizzy:

lazylioness
09-20-2013, 03:11 PM
So I am back and trying to get re-motivated. I find that all of my motivation leaves every 6 weeks or so..and there is a definite trend on the scale!

Anyway, this morning I had my yearly DR. appt. I always dread the scale, and today was no different!

Last week when I went for a neck problem I was up 5 lbs to 259...GRR! Anyway. this morning I was back down to 253 which is a pound less than my scale at home ..

YAY. Motivation you are back :)

And for the record, I generally do not change my signature until Monday, but I am so excited about this one..I am totally changing it LOL

SouthernBell02
09-21-2013, 04:54 AM
3.1 pounds down!! 238.8 :)

cheeriloos
09-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Pot of gold: that is a great goal!! I'm on board with that!

Souternbelle:BOOM! That's what I'm talking about!

Nagazim: that's great! You are strengthening g your power to resist! Willpower!!

Lioness, that's awesome I love that feeling!

cheeriloos
09-21-2013, 10:57 AM
09/14:229.0
09/21:227.2

Nagazim
09-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Sw: 247.0
Cw: 239.8

lanabug
09-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Hope everyone's having a great weekend! It's getting chilly out there, perfect day to snuggle up with a book and some herbal tea :coffee:

lazylioness
09-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Whoohoo talk about re motivated!

Yesterday I got my *** to the gym and decided to restart my C25K. For the first time EVER, I did all 8 running segments! Didn't walk a single one!!! Then for the heck of it, I added another 25 minutes at 3mph.

Yeah, feeling pretty proud of myself right now.

Here is to hoping I can break into the next decade tomorrow or Monday!

lanabug
09-21-2013, 07:38 PM
That's awesome, lazylioness! Last time I tried C25k I was so alarmed at how completely impossible it was for me at my young age to huff and puff my way past 15 seconds of running (more of a jog, really) that I lost 60lbs LOL. Maybe it's time to try again?? Been about a year!

lazylioness
09-22-2013, 01:19 AM
That's awesome, lazylioness! Last time I tried C25k I was so alarmed at how completely impossible it was for me at my young age to huff and puff my way past 15 seconds of running (more of a jog, really) that I lost 60lbs LOL. Maybe it's time to try again?? Been about a year!

Keep at it! Seriously, I have been doing week 1 day 1 for a month lol! Now that I did it once I can do it again! You got this :)

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Ugh getting frustrated. Doing all the right tings should be losing gained .02 lbs from last week. Hoping it's hormonal. DH is baking this morning for his parents 50th wedding. Going out to run- walk too keep temptation down. Have a plan for the whole day. Need to stick to it.
Feeling determined :)

cheeriloos
09-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Im confused...Are we entering info on week 2 or 3? What are the dates supposed to be, anyone know?

lazylioness
09-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Good for you to have a plan Carma!

I feel your temptations, we are going camping with my husbands whole family next weekend. Vintage trailer show. Lots of food, Even more wine! Eek!

Stay strong!

lazylioness
09-22-2013, 10:34 AM
I usually check in on Monday but I had a big loss so I will do it today...

CW: 252.8

Officially down 60! Woot!

And that means I am 1/3 of the way there!

lanabug
09-22-2013, 02:34 PM
lazylioness - I think I'm gonna save it for when I get to onederland, I have really bad knees and I don't want to hurt myself and get put on the bench over the winter! Once 199 hits, though... :P 1/3 of the way there is a huge deal, great job on the 60lbs!!

carma - I feel your pain! Few things are as infuriating as staying OP and still not seeing the results you've expected.. keep doing what you're doing and it will come! Good job sticking to it.

cheeriloos - Sorry for the confusion! I added dates to the spreadsheet, but this weigh in is for week 3 :)

rebelle - a few days ago the temp went back up to high 80's after an amazing couple of days in the 60's, I was so mad lol! Think it's here to stay this time though. Good job on the loss! My weigh in day is Wednesday so I just use that as my weight for the week, even if by Sunday I may not be the same weight. I try not to weigh more than once a week, but that's definitely not easy haha. You're right, week 4 starts today and the number today is for week 3!

cheeriloos
09-22-2013, 05:08 PM
cheeriloos - Sorry for the confusion! I added dates to the spreadsheet, but this weigh in is for week 3 :)

Thank you :hug:

Lyndality
09-23-2013, 01:04 AM
You go Lazylioness, a third of the way to your goal is fantastic! My weigh in is Thursday and I am just back from an 8 km walk... It was my mother in laws birthday party over the weekend, and while I are a whole lot less than the old me would have, I still had delicious finger food and a small slice of heavenly hazelnut cake. So I am back on track and trying to push the exercise for the rest of the week. Hoping I can still shift a few pounds this week, last week I barely lost a thing (hormones!). Good luck to the rest of you this week :)

lanabug
09-23-2013, 03:33 AM
Well, we've had some really impressive losses this week so let's start with that!

:cheer3: WEEK 3::cheer2:
1. ainslie (-6lbs)
2. amyremix (-5lbs)
3. cheeriloos (-3.6lbs)

1. ainslie (-10.2lbs)
2. cheeriloos (-9.4lbs)
3. pearlfit (-9.2lbs)

Great job everyone for sticking to it and here's to a great week four! We've only got one week of September left, and as you all know, once October rolls in, Halloween creeps up pretty fast. Let's put in a little extra effort this week to end the month with a bang! As I notice Halloween displays taking over the stores, my question this week is a bit different:

Are you dressing up for Halloween this year?
What are you going as?
Have you bought/made your costume yet?

I know I'm dressing up, but I still have no idea what I want to dress up as, so I definitely haven't bought my costume yet! I'll probably just peruse the racks at a Halloween shop, since I haven't been able to do that & find something that fits in a long time. :witch:

cheeriloos
09-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Well, we've had some really impressive losses this week so let's start with that!

:cheer3: WEEK 3::cheer2:
1. ainslie (-6lbs)
2. amyremix (-5lbs)
3. cheeriloos (-3.6lbs)

1. ainslie (-10.2lbs)
2. cheeriloos (-9.4lbs)
3. pearlfit (-9.2lbs)

Great job everyone for sticking to it and here's to a great week four! We've only got one week of September left, and as you all know, once October rolls in, Halloween creeps up pretty fast. Let's put in a little extra effort this week to end the month with a bang! As I notice Halloween displays taking over the stores, my question this week is a bit different:

What are you going as?

I know I'm dressing up, but I still have no idea what I want to dress up as, so I definitely haven't bought my costume yet! I'll probably just peruse the racks at a Halloween shop, since I haven't been able to do that & find something that fits in a long time. :witch:
Yay! We all did great!

Idk what im gonna be, or my kids,i still Dont know if we will have a party or go trick or treat,i do know I will probably improvise something great..

Goddess Jessica
09-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm joining in late but I'd like to lose 17 pounds by Halloween. I think I can do it.

I am committed to staying away from Halloween candy! We don't have any trick-or-treaters so you would think that would be easy. NoooOOOOoooo. I can't handle to sweet little foil-wrapped nuggets!

My LO is 2yo and I think we'll probably do something with our museums for Halloween so she can dress up and still go out during the day. I would like to dress up as well but have no idea yet.

lazylioness
09-23-2013, 10:22 PM
You go Lazylioness, a third of the way to your goal is fantastic! My weigh in is Thursday and I am just back from an 8 km walk... It was my mother in laws birthday party over the weekend, and while I are a whole lot less than the old me would have, I still had delicious finger food and a small slice of heavenly hazelnut cake. So I am back on track and trying to push the exercise for the rest of the week. Hoping I can still shift a few pounds this week, last week I barely lost a thing (hormones!). Good luck to the rest of you this week :)

Mmmmmm hazelnut cake! Lol

Thanks. 1/3 of the way is good. 60 lbs is a lot. Somehow it doesn't feel like it some days. But only 30 lbs until I am half way there!

We are all doing so well! Even if it doesn't always seem like it sometimes:)

findingfawn
09-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Everyone is doing so awesome!

I'm inspired by those who do C25K!! I am terrified of it... but I want to be a runner. I have started trying to work some jogging into my treadmill workouts. I do a 5m warm up at 2.5mph, then I start my hour of 3mph. I have been hitting the 5mph button at every 5 minute mark. I'm making it 45 seconds before I feel like I'm going to die and have to hit the 3 again...lol. It's a start. I'm going to just keep doing that until it's all running. I'm doing this every other day.

ETA... oh and Halloween?? I doubt I will dress up this year. Some years I do, some years I don't. We take our kids pretty far from home to trick or treat (we go to a friends development that goes all out for Halloween) so I often don't want to sit in the truck that long in a costume..lol

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-24-2013, 08:15 PM
What are you going as?

No clue what I am being for Halloween. We used to do family costumes. One year we were Peter Pan. One year we were Wizard of Oz. Not sure if we are doing anything or not. There will be a trunk or treat the weekend before Halloween. I would kind-of like to do that and then we would dress up as a family and then not do anything for Halloween except take the kids around.

As far as me goes still bouncing around 203. Today 203.6 day before 203.8 I have eaten on target for 4 days with 400-600 calories of exercise each day that I didn't eat. I have been having 100oz of water to 110 oz of water. So want a reward on the scale. I need to measure myself. Maybe tomorrow morning I will do that.
C25K week 6 day 1 done. No issues. Think I may sign up for a race for the end of October.
Glad everyone is doing well and thanks for the encouragement.
Lazy so proud of you for losing the 60 total. You got this. Go team motivation.

Daimere
09-24-2013, 08:48 PM
What are you going as?
Nope. I just don't see myself dressing up that day.

Official weigh in 231.9. Going down 2.8 pounds or so. 11.3 pounds total since September 1st.

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-25-2013, 05:20 AM
:goodscale Wooo hooo. Finally good scale day again. 202.4. Now to keep it their. Not changing anything. Going to stay hard exercising and motivated diet to stay within calories.

findingfawn
09-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Keep going everyone, you are all doing so great!

Today is offical weigh day for me, I lost 2.8lbs this past week, I've lost 8.6lbs since the begging of the month.

I'm really nervous about this weekend. Saturday we are going to the fair for the day, then in the evening we are going to a mountain pie contest for my 7yo son's Cub Scout Pack where our entry is a banana split mountain pie. Sunday we are taking the kids to Knoebles for one last hurrah of the year where we will no doubt eat pizza that is the best around. I want to allow myself to endulge with control, but I'm afraid of what the scale will look like next week after all the grease and sodium I'm sure to ingest.

lazylioness
09-25-2013, 02:07 PM
I say, indulge in moderation and increase your water intake..

I find that if I have had an over-indulgence, and increase my water, the "damage" seems to be limited.

This of course does not work with an out of control binge (which I have been known to do at times :( )

Personally, and this is just my personal opinion....events and weekends like you have described, are part of what makes life fun...to me, no diet is worth giving those things up, so...I adjust and get right back on plan the next day. Any gain I see on the scale, is just temporary...as long as I get back on plan in a reasonable amount of time and partake in the food fun in a reasonable manner. :)

findingfawn
09-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Howdy Howdy everyone! Happy Thursday! Hope everyone is doing well!

LazyLioness, I agree. I don't want to become a prude, so my plan of attack is to be 100% on plan today and tomorrow and enjoy every second of the weekend. The good thing is both days include lots of walking (Knoebles is an amusement park), I plan on drinking gallons of water and enjoying the time with my family.

Lyndality
09-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey everyone, had my weigh in today. 1.3 pounds gone this week! Pretty happy with that given I ate a bit of junk over the weekend, but was really hoping for a bigger loss this week as I have been exercising like mad. Had a bit of a blow out tonight - my partner had nachos for dinner and I pinched a few more than I should have. Feeling a bit guilty, but I know it was a bit of me saying to myself "stuff this diet, I am working so hard and being so good but my weight loss isn't going fast enough". Anyone else self sabotage like that when the scales don't show a big loss? It's so bad, and a trap I have fallen in before. But at least I can recognize it now. Writing it down makes me real use how silly it really is, too. So for the rest of this week, no more cheats or self sabotage! I really really want to achieve my Halloween goal weight.

lazylioness
09-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Findingfawn- Really family time and fun is the most important thing, because we want more if it is why we are all on this journey for self improvement. And frankly if I cannot have a bit of funnel cake at Six Flags this weekend, or a glass (or three) of wine with the hubs and family, I do not want to be skinny. (I am half kidding of course) but really, I would rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable. So I find a compromise, and that means that sometimes weight loss goes slower.

Lyndality: I do this too! It is horrible. When things are not going the way I want them to (yes I have some control issues lol) I totally want to self sabotage. Sometimes I do, for a minute, and sometimes I treat it like my workout when I ramp it up. I just put my head down and push through it. A few (and more than a few on occasion) nachos are not a deal breaker, just a deal slower downer! If you stay on plan the rest of the week, you will probably not even notice the blip. You are good to go :)

Amy Remixed
09-26-2013, 02:39 PM
What are you going as?

YES! Halloween is a big deal in my group of friends. :haphal:

I have two parties to attend. For the first one, I will be going as a female Robin Hood. I bought the costume earlier in the year at a great sale. It was TIGHT back then. Now it is less tight but I'll be able to dance. :)

For the second costume I will be going as a fairy godmother. I'm making a tulle skirt. I need to get going on this.

I'll post pix after the events.

Looking4PotOfGold
09-26-2013, 06:34 PM
What are you going as?

I love Halloween so I am definitely dressing up this year!! I think it is probably my favorite holiday!! I love a good scary movie every now and then and I also like seeing the community out and about -- plus the costumes are amazing! I always try to play a little trick on the trick-or-treaters lol

This year my partner and I want to do a couples costume -- Nascar theme! He wants the yellow M&M jumpsuit and I would like to be the checker girl :) I like to scour the halloween stores that pop up this time of year so hopefully we find something that will work.

ps. down to 185.4 -- had a slow start to this challenge but I am picking up steam now! Going for a run on the treadmill tonight and this week is my cleanse week (basically no red meat and some high fibre herbs)

triptriptrip
09-26-2013, 11:24 PM
I think I'm going to be Red Riding Hood for halloween. I'd really like to be back in an XL by then, which makes finding a costume a little less horrifying because a lot of the options out there are not meant for bigger frames.

findingfawn
09-27-2013, 08:13 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Nothing exciting going on here today, have 20 quarts of apples sitting here waiting to be made into applesauce.. which will then become applebutter. Just preparing myself for the crazy weekend that is to come for the most part.

My Brownie troop decided to be cats for our town's annual Halloween Parade. Love with they are simple like that. Thought I would share since this year I think I'm going to be a scrooge and not dress up ;)

lanabug
09-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Anyone ever have one of those weeks where you feel super busy constantly but nothing major is actually going on? Just tons of little things, taking a minute to come up for air haha. Hope everyone is having a great weeekend so far and don't forget to weigh in tomorrow! :D

Nagazim
09-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Sw: 247
Cw: 236.2

SouthernBell02
09-29-2013, 02:24 AM
up .5 pounds. 239.1:( Not a good week. Better next week though!

soon2beskinnyCarma
09-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Finally in onderland! Totally surprised though because i ate poorly yesterday . One day didn't kill me.

lazylioness
09-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Down a pound. Wish it was more but I will take it

findingfawn
09-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone!

Didn't do too bad at the fair, a gyro and ice cream were about the only damage and some fried chicken yesterday (didn't make it to the amusement park they were closed until next weekend.. prepping for their Halloween events and a HUGE craft fair there next weekend I guess). TOM showed up a bit early today and with all of that the scale is only up 2.8lbs from Friday. It's all water weight I'm sure, so I'll just keep plugging along and drink my extra water and soon I will see it all washed away.

Nagazim
09-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Finally at over 40 lbs lost! So happy!

findingfawn
09-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Way to go Nagazim!

AlisonKisses
09-30-2013, 02:51 PM
I hope it's not too late! I think I'm in! :)

pearlfit
09-30-2013, 03:38 PM
I ended the month with a 11.4 lb loss. Yesterday it was a 13.4 loss - feel like I should 'fess up. I am on track to meet my Halloween goal so all is well.

Congratulations to soon2beskinnyCarma - Onederland! How exciting!

lanabug
10-01-2013, 01:15 AM
Eek, sorry I'm a bit late, ladies! It's been pretty hectic around here in a calm before the storm kind of way, bustling around trying to tie up loose ends and what not. Here's the results for week four & overall:

:cheer3: WEEK 4::cheer2:
1. pearlfit (-4.2lbs)
2. nagazim(-4lbs)
3. rebelle & carma (-3.2lbs)

1. pearlfit (-13.4lbs)
2. ainslie (-12.2lbs)
3. rebelle (-11.6lbs)

Great job everyone! Can you believe it's already been a month? So that's it, we're half way through and as I'm writing this, it's officially October, and that means it's time to kick it into high gear! Personally I was hoping to be a little past the halfway point by now so I didn't have to think about it so much later this month, but honestly I know I've been slacking a bit - I fully expect a small gain or a stall when I weigh in for week five on Wednesday... I'm going to work diligently for the rest of this month though! That being said, let me ask you this:
Are you making progress as expected, or are you ahead/behind?
With 30 days to go, do you feel that your goal is still attainable?

southernbell - that's the right attitude! few things suck like going in for your weekly weigh in and seeing the number up instead of down, but hopefully this means next week will be great!

carma - YAY!! What an awesome accomplishment!! Good job! :yay:

lazylioness - a pound lost is much better than a pound gained! every little bit counts, great job!

sommer - isn't it an amazing feeling to simply indulge? personally I got so used to over indulging on a regular basis that I forgot how satisfying it was to have just a little. props to you! I would definitely guess water weight too, hopefully next week is a nice little whoosh!

nagazim - WOOHOO! Every time I cross into a new 'decade' of lbs lost I'm so ecstatic, congrats!

alison - not at all! welcome aboard for month two :D

pearlfit - counting it anyways! water weight happens, and you've done so well.

SouthernBell02
10-01-2013, 04:09 AM
Its officially October 1st. My weight today is 238.0, I set my goal for 18.7 pounds with a goal weight of 223. I have 15 pounds to go till Halloween. I am fairly certain that I wont lose that in a month but I will shot for the best. I will be happy if I lose half of my goal loss. Ill shoot for 9.4 pounds total so thats 5.7 pounds for the month of October! I can do this!!

Good luck to the rest of you!!

HelloNurse
10-01-2013, 07:17 AM
My weight has been totally random due to my recent heightened weight training. My graph is all over the place but I've lost a half inch on my waist in 3 weeks and I can see changes in my hips, legs and shoulders. I'm just plugging away. I know that water retention from strength training can last a good month or more so I'm just going to keep calm and lift heavy things.

lazylioness
10-01-2013, 12:12 PM

I am behind :( BUT, I have had some fun times, so I am ok with behind. It is life, and life happens, parties happen and events happen. It is what makes life fun and worth living.

With 30 days to go, do you feel that your goal is still attainable? No, but..if I stay on track (for the most part) with my diet and 100% on track with my work outs, I am hoping I meet the 10lb a month goal for this month and my 40lb by January 27th goal.

findingfawn
10-01-2013, 01:00 PM

I'm right on track I think. I lost 8.8 in the first 4 weeks. With 4 weeks left to go I have 7.2 to lose to reach my goal of 16lbs.

Yes, definitely.

Nagazim
10-01-2013, 04:31 PM

I'm ahead of where I thought I'd be and since it's going so well, I'm shooting for 225 instead of 229. I'll be happy either way :D :carrot: :D

SW:247.0
CW: 234.0

Lyndality
10-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone, 0.7 pound down this week. Pretty disappointed, again. I feel like I have been doing things right, with lots and lots of exercise, for not much result. Admittedly, I weighed in a day early as I am going away tomorrow, but it is just so frustrating!!! I've had three pretty slow losses in a row now. Trying to remain positive, but I just feel that at the weight I am, I shouldn't be struggling to lose! This should be the easier part, no? It's when you get close to goal that the losses start to slow. Oh well, I will persevere, although at this rate, I don't think I will meet my Halloween target, even though I am trying my hardest. Also got some measurements taken today, too. Not a huge amount of movement there, either. Sigh! Please tell me this is all worth it...

lazylioness
10-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Hi everyone, 0.7 pound down this week. Pretty disappointed, again. I feel like I have been doing things right, with lots and lots of exercise, for not much result. Admittedly, I weighed in a day early as I am going away tomorrow, but it is just so frustrating!!! I've had three pretty slow losses in a row now. Trying to remain positive, but I just feel that at the weight I am, I shouldn't be struggling to lose! This should be the easier part, no? It's when you get close to goal that the losses start to slow. Oh well, I will persevere, although at this rate, I don't think I will meet my Halloween target, even though I am trying my hardest. Also got some measurements taken today, too. Not a huge amount of movement there, either. Sigh! Please tell me this is all worth it...

I know your feeling. I have been there. We have all been there. It helps me to have an excel spreadsheet with a line graph. Then, when I get frustrated I can see that even if my loss seems slow, it is a loss. As long as there is a down trend, I can get through the tough weeks.

lanabug
10-02-2013, 01:21 AM
lynda, you'll get there!! you might be retaining water because of all the working out and before you know it you'll get a nice whoosh on the scale :)

Have any of you ever tried ballet workouts? I want to build muscle and tone up as I'm losing weight, but I'm not interested in lifting heavy weights over and over again - effective I'm sure, but super boring to me. And I know that wouldn't give me bulky muscles or whatever, but I really love the long, lean look specifically attributed to dancers and I think it would be fun! I'm looking at DVDs on amazon right now as attending classes is way out of the budget (and I'm still on the heavier side ;) ), just wondering if anyone has any experience with it!

cheeriloos
10-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I fell off the wagon momentarily..a week really, but I'm back on just call today Monday! I m gonna own this week!! 228 today.. up 4lbs ,, hey 4lbs, you are going down, yep and you're goin down ugly.:D

Bridget37
10-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Hey everyone!

It's been a few weeks of nuts here, but I thought I'd check in. My WI this morn was 257.4. So barely down. But I have not been on the wagon admittedly. It's one of those things where life trumped everything else.

MY DD got cellulitis in her eye - six years old. She was on IV antibiotics and it was very touch and go. Then my DD (22 months) got super ill and then me. During all this, my dog had a large cyst explode on his back. Yes, that is as gross as it sounds. :dizzy:

Best laid plans, but such is life! The good news is my oldest DD (8) and DH stayed well. Knock on wood. October will be awesome (this is my mantra). And hey, I still have 29 days, right??

findingfawn
10-02-2013, 10:47 AM
TOM has me struggling horribly and the scale is up for my weigh in today from last week. Need to get on track and stay there, 8 days till my 10th wedding anniversary and I want to see the 250s by then.... <sigh>

lanabug
10-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Looks like a 1lb loss for me on week five... I'm happy it went down since I thought for sure I would stall out or worse, but I really don't know if I can swing a weekly 2.5lbs for the rest of the challenge. I really wanna get to my goal though! :(

ETA I'm bumping my goal up 1lb, not much but 234 was a weird number anyway :P

susyquk
10-02-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm at 258 this morning and my goal was for 250 by Halloween so I am pretty much on track.
I am heading to NYC for a vacation with my hubby on Halloween so hoping I can be back to that (the last time I weighed that was when I last lived in NYC almost 6 years ago)

pearlfit
10-02-2013, 04:18 PM

I'm ahead of schedule for my Halloween goal. I'm just over 8 weeks from starting this healthy lifestyle. Still the honeymoon period... I'm in for the long haul though so if things slow down I plan to keep on keeping on.

pearlfit - counting it anyways! water weight happens, and you've done so well.
Thanks so much lanabug - this practically brought tears to my eyes yesterday morning. My 2 lb weight gain was off 24 hours later, thank goodness.

SouthernBell02
10-04-2013, 03:41 AM
I think I am still out of the game but had a big whoosh! Down 4.4 pounds to 234.7! That makes it 11+ pounds till Halloween. Ill keep trying though;)

soon2beskinnyCarma
10-04-2013, 04:48 AM
[LIST] [I] Are you making progress as expected, or are you ahead/behind?
With 30 days to go, do you feel that your goal is still attainabe

I am not as low as I had wanted but realize that life gets on the way. I hope my goal is attainable as long as I am really strong. If I only reach 193 or 194. then I will stlll be happy. My next real weigh in goal is 185 for my birthday. 11/30.

sando5
10-04-2013, 05:37 AM
When I weighed this morning I had to say a big YES! I met my goal for this challenge early! So I'll take whatever I can get to at the end of this month.
On my own personal goal, I met my 3 month goal a week early by losing 41 lbs total. I feel very accomplished! :D
Keep up the good work and keep positive thoughts everyone! I can do this, you can do this, we can do this!

susyquk
10-04-2013, 12:49 PM
When I weighed this morning I had to say a big YES! I met my goal for this challenge early! So I'll take whatever I can get to at the end of this month.
On my own personal goal, I met my 3 month goal a week early by losing 41 lbs total. I feel very accomplished! :D
Keep up the good work and keep positive thoughts everyone! I can do this, you can do this, we can do this!

Congrats!!!
You and I started around the same weight (my heaviest was 313 but when I started this time on July 8th I was at 300lbs) I am 258 now and when I started the Halloween challenge I also started at 270 :D

I set my goal to be 250 for Halloween and I am not sure I will make it but I am going to try as hard as I can... you should join me! You can make it :D

lazylioness
10-04-2013, 12:54 PM

You are awesome! Keep up the good work!

I set a pretty tough challenge for myself this month, and more so for the rest of the year....I have to drop these last 39 lbs by 1/27 to hit the 100lb/1 year mark!

If you can do it, I can do it too!!!!

lanabug
10-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Sando that is epic!! I agree with Rebelle, do tell ;)

So Friday definitely got to me, today has been awful for my weight loss! Hoping to spend the weekend/Monday/Tuesday working on it though so when I weigh in on Wednesday I'm down! Really aiming to land in the 230's this week - can't believe I'm even saying that! This time last year I was struggling to stay under 300 and earlier this year I almost threw in the towel because I thought I'd never get below the 280's! I feel so blessed :)

ETA - sometime between writing this post and binge watching a tv show on netflix to now at 2am, I managed to graze away an ENTIRE BAG of sun chips!!! WTF! I really really need to get a grip so this doesn't spiral out of control over the weekend..

findingfawn
10-05-2013, 08:03 AM
I was really getting upset over the scale. Since I did the fair food last weekend then TOM hit and I really struggled with eating during it, the scale was not being nice. Even once it seemed to be heading down it didn't head down much... but today I had a 2 lb woosh from yesterday! My fingers are still showing some signs of swelling so I bet the woosh will continue tomorrow... or maybe I should say I hope lol.

Lana... remember one bad moment isn't a deal breaker, only a deal slower downer. You have got this. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move along with the weekend.

belovedspirit
10-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Hello! :wave:
Just joined. :)

findingfawn - :yay: so glad to hear about your woosh!

rebelle - oh we've all been there! keep at it and the woosh will find you!

lana - you can do this! good luck! keep us posted and come visit 3fc if you feel a pull to binge. you've got this!

lanabug
10-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Thank you ladies so much for your support, I went to bed after I posted so I wouldn't keep eating and yesterday I read your comments and managed to get myself in check, I think. It's always tough when those 'old behavior' moments creep in :hug:

Also, :welcome3: belovedspirit! It's Sunday, so don't forget to weigh in everyone!

Nagazim
10-06-2013, 07:03 PM
TOM is messing up this week's weight in ;( 233.4 but it's less than last week so I'll take it!

lanabug
10-07-2013, 01:49 AM
So I fell short of my 2lb goal for this week but I'm really hoping to make up for that in week 6. Can't wait to see if I'm finally in the 230's! Ahem, without further adieu, here's the leader board!

:cheer3: WEEK 5::cheer2:
1. only believe & southernbell (-4.4lbs)
2. sando (-4lbs)
3. nagazim (-3.2lbs)

1. ainslie(-14lbs)
2. nagazim (-13.6lbs)
3. tefrey (-12.8bs)

On Friday I was on a super slippery slope headed to bingeville but calling it a night & waking up to kind words of encouragement got me back on track - with that in mind, my questions this week are:

Do you ever feel the urge to binge?
What do you do to prevent it before it happens and/or stop it after it stars?

Obviously I feel the urge, but I try to prevent it by not denying myself too many things. If I want chocolate, indulging in a small square will help keep the cravings at bay, where as if I just try to ignore it, I end up walking out of the store with a king size candy bar. If I do end up getting in the binge mindset, I pretty much just try to get my mind off it to be honest, but it also helps to remember where I've been and how hard I've worked to get to where I am.

soon2beskinnyCarma
10-07-2013, 05:08 AM
Totally spaced on putting my weight in. Up 0.2 oz. Periods reared its ugly head. I need to get back on the wagon. I Have been lax on recording food and on exercise. Not a good combo. I am going away this weekend coming up so will weigh in thursday. Hopefully I can get back down under 200.0

belovedspirit
10-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Thank you for the welcomes, everyone!

rebelle yay!
lana glad the rest of the night went better for you! way to go! :yay:
soon2bskinny you can do it!

Do you ever feel the urge to binge? Yes, whenever I introduce sugar (not found inherently in foods like fruits), my body jumps on it and screams MOOOORE! Other foods are ones I can handle more easily, but sugar and desserts are what I have typically binged on.

What do you do to prevent it before it happens and/or stop it after it starts? Because of the way my body responds to sugar, I come into it prepared to not eat any and if I do eat some, I do so with the plan to start cold turkey again right afterward. I also focus on all of the other ways I can enjoy life and who I can be that I either wasn't doing or able to do before because of weight, perspective, etc. I'd like to get my richness of life from a wide array of life experiences rather than from foods that aren't nutrition. I'm still learning, every day, how to do that. I imagine the learning will continue for a while, perhaps a very long while.

lazylioness
10-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Ugh! I am stuck stuck stuck for a few weeks. Down a few up one, down a few up one. Now it is PMS week and I am up again.....

I guess the good thing is that everything is shifting and getting "floppier" I upped my work outs last week and will be upping again this week. I can totally feel and see muscle definition that I did not feel or see before, so I kind of feel (and look in places) like a fit girl wearing a too big fat suit. Make sense?

Anyway CW: 252.4 up about a pound....

Do you ever feel the urge to binge?
Yes, all of the time. Usually when I do not see movement on the scale for a few weeks, I always think "what is the point of restricting anything and working out, its not working anyway" and every single "decade" I think "maybe this is as skinny as I am supposed to be"

What do you do to prevent it before it happens and/or stop it after it stars?
I just kind of muscle through it. Being on Weight Watchers, I have a visual track of what I eat and my goal for the day, so if I have a weak moment and grab too much of something, I see it right away...and I hit the gym harder. I know that if I want to have a splurge dessert (my absolute weakness) I have to go twice as long on the treadmill or whatever. If I catch it as it starts, I just goto the gym or for a run as soon as I get a chance. I am working on being "addicted" to exercise. I figure, I was addicted to tobacco, food and for a time recreational drugs, so obviously I have an addictive personality. Why not just channel that towards something good :)

findingfawn
10-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Do I ever feel the urge to binge... yes, often.

What do you do to prevent it before it happens and/or stop it after it starts? I try to just find something else to do... and stay completely out of the kitchen!

lanabug
10-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Got my first real job today! Super stoked because I really need the money, but also kind of worried about what kind of toll the stress might take on my weight loss. Hoping to see the 230s tomorrow morning :)

lazylioness
10-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Got my first real job today! Super stoked because I really need the money, but also kind of worried about what kind of toll the stress might take on my weight loss. Hoping to see the 230s tomorrow morning :)

Congrats!

Stress is a killer for sure. Just stay focused and you will be good :)

Also avoid all office snacks LOL. If your job is like every job I have ever had, the people love to snack!

lanabug
10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Congrats!

Stress is a killer for sure. Just stay focused and you will be good :)

Also avoid all office snacks LOL. If your job is like every job I have ever had, the people love to snack!

Thank you! :) Haha yeah I've heard many things about the dreaded break room, but I had a really good loss this week and that's definitely enough to remind me to keep my head in the game! I wanna see more 4lb drops in the future lol.

How is everyone doing this week? Can't believe we're already a week deep in October.

sando5
10-09-2013, 04:03 PM
:o Hi everyone... sorry I haven't been on here much at all to respond or cheer anyone on. Thanks for the cheers and congrats on my meeting my goal. It's a great confidence boost to meet a goal.
I have no secret though... but I will say this: I carb cycle, I have a reward day (once a week), I drink water and I only weigh once a week. I find this life change to be very easy for me. I'm honest with myself and know what I should and shouldn't eat. My attitude needs to be positive and the rest falls into place. Now if that can be considered a secret, well now it's out! LOL
Keep up the good work everyone! We can do this!;)

pearlfit
10-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm hoping to wake up in the 240's tomorrow. I was .4 off today. It may be a couple more days but I'll get there. :)

Do you ever feel the urge to binge?It's really interesting how what works for one person just doesn't work for another. I used to have a huge problem with binges - anything sweet, pizza, bread. I just can't control myself. So far, by cutting all sugar and most grains, I have hardly had the urge to overeat in about 10 weeks.
What do you do to prevent it before it happens and/or stop it after it stars? If I do, it's usually because I haven't eaten enough. Guacamole & chips is a real treat for me and I can stop when I've had a reasonable amount so that's my go-to food when I feel like I'm going to give in. I'm someone who could easily have eaten the entire half gallon of ice cream, entire pie, or entire box of cookies in one evening. It's much easier for me to swear off of it than to just eat a bite.

Lyndality
10-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Woo hoo! 4.1 pounds down this week, my first whoosh in a long time! After a few frustrating weeks, it is so very welcome! Now, must not let this go to my head, no complacency or cheating!

soon2beskinnyCarma
10-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Sadly no real time for personals but quick congrats on first real job to Lanabug.
Weighed in this am as I am going to be gone for 5 nights from my scale/6 days. I will see how I did in my sisters Tennessee kitchen next Wednesday morning. Down to 198.2 today so down from last week which is amazing because I have only exercised the one day. Kept my calories in check pretty well though.
Yes I have urge to binge. Usually I can quench the urge by having just a small amount of what I am craving but a satisfying portion. So really dark chocolate or some baked chips usually fixes it. When I am in trouble is when I am not sure what I crave and eat a bit of everything. I try to just get back on the horse when I do.

findingfawn
10-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Everyone is doing awesome!!!

Lana... awesome for you! Hope it's way less stress than you are thinking it will be!

SandO, way to go! I just recently heard of carb cycling. It seems to do amazing things.

Pear.. hope you are in the 240s now!

Lynda.. Great loss!!! Keep it up!

Carma.. have a great trip. "Sister's Tennessee Kitchen" sounds very sinful ;)

AFM: I'm down 3.4 this week, I'll take it. I reached my goal solidly now of being in the 250s by my anniversary.. which is today! Hubby and I are going out tonight, we have to eat at Applebee's.. that is where we had our "wedding reception". We got married on a spur of the moment (we gave everyone a weeks notice lol), at a JP's office with just close family there. Hubby's sister and mom were amazing in setting up with Applebee's a section just for us to have lunch after it was done.. they even had it decorated and a cake for us... It was wonderful! I still wonder how many people though we "had" to get married..lol Our first baby together didn't come along until well after our first anniversary... so I bet some were eating crow!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Nagazim
10-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Scale was being a pain in the butt. Finally headed back down. :)

belovedspirit
10-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Woo hoo! 4.1 pounds down this week, my first whoosh in a long time! After a few frustrating weeks, it is so very welcome! Now, must not let this go to my head, no complacency or cheating!

:woohoo: :yay: :D :carrot

Congrats Lanabug and Findingdawn!!

My scale has been creeping downward too slowly for my likes. As grateful as I am for the continued weight loss, I absolutely want it to move down faster!

stress -- it definitely seems to play a role in my weight patterns. I've been brainstorming ways to ease the stress or release it... Out of curiosity, what do you gals do?

SouthernBell02
10-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Smaller loss this week for me .8 pounds down. I have noticed though that I will have a small loss or even a gain and then a bigger loss the next week. I don't know why my body does this but Ill take what I can get. Great job everyone.

belovedspirit
10-13-2013, 10:11 AM
thank you, rebelle! :)

congrats southernbelle! It all adds up! :)

I had a whoosh a couple of days ago, a cpl pounds here and there, so I'm sitting happily with that. :) I am excited for the next one, and to get into the next decade and the ones after that! :carrot:

lazylioness
10-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Yay for being sick!!! Lol. Had a wicked head cold most if the week, slept a lot, didn't work out except Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Managed to stay within my points and woodshed away 4.2 lbs!

Right down to 248

pearlfit
10-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone - hope everyone had a good week. I'm in the 240's now, as I had hoped. Thanks for the notes of encouragement. This was my first challenge and it has been such a great motivator.

Nagazim
10-13-2013, 03:03 PM
This week was frustrating. I added calories and gained weight. Lowered them back down, and lost it back. I'll never know what I'm doing it seems.

ainslie
10-13-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm glad I weighed in this morning. Just finished Thanksgiving Dinner. It was so heavy in carbs. I didn't count anything but didn't go back for sseconds. Next weekend my MIL is having her dinner because my SIL is out west and won't be home till then. That onne will be with the whole family. Not just mine. During that dinner I will count cause I can't do two naughty dinners in the same month :)

Congrats Pearlfit for entering the 240s and Nagazim, you must be doing something right if you lost the weight. Keep on going, you're doing great.

lanabug
10-14-2013, 08:27 PM
GREAT job sticking in there everyone! Only two weeks & three weigh ins left. Sorry I've been so busy, this is definitely not the best time of year for me to run a challenge lol but even if I don't have time to reply I do read everything here! Here's this weeks results & Q's.

:cheer3: WEEK 6::cheer2:
1. lazylioness (-4.4lbs)
2. lanabug & pearlfit (-4lbs)
3. belovedspirit (-3.7lbs)

1. ainslie (-17.4lbs)
2. nagazim (-15.6lbs)
3. tefrey (-13.2lbs)

how do you handle weightloss over the holidays? is this your last big attempt of the year so you can relax over thanksgiving/christmas or are you just getting started?

HelloNurse
10-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I am failing miserably at this challenge. I keep forgetting to sign in to it every week. Oops. Also, I'm not nearly making my goals.

lanabug
10-14-2013, 08:53 PM
I am failing miserably at this challenge. I keep forgetting to sign in to it every week. Oops. Also, I'm not nearly making my goals.

You're not failing at all, you've lost 9lbs! Maybe you're not where you wanted to be, but 9lbs down is a billion times better than 9lbs up, right? I'd say you're winning :)

lazylioness
10-15-2013, 11:31 AM
You're not failing at all, you've lost 9lbs! Maybe you're not where you wanted to be, but 9lbs down is a billion times better than 9lbs up, right? I'd say you're winning :)

Ditto!

You are totally winning! Downward movement is still downward movement..even if it is not as fast as we would like!

HelloNurse
10-15-2013, 11:39 AM
You're both right. Thanks. I think I get too hard on myself sometimes when I set goals. I always tell others to celebrate every pound lost, no matter how long it took; I have trouble doing the same for myself. Especially when some of you other ladies are doing so phenomenally. Ainslee, nagazim and Tefrey, I'm looking in your directions!:bravo:

lazylioness
10-15-2013, 12:15 PM
You're both right. Thanks. I think I get too hard on myself sometimes when I set goals. I always tell others to celebrate every pound lost, no matter how long it took; I have trouble doing the same for myself. Especially when some of you other ladies are doing so phenomenally. Ainslee, nagazim and Tefrey, I'm looking in your directions!:bravo:

I am SO guilty of this myself. Seriously. I go through about a week a month just wanting to give up and say what is the point of it all.

My husband kicks my *** into gear, I go to the gym, stay on track and inevitably it all goes down.

I also have this weird obsession with excel and graphs, so when I get particularly discouraged, I look at it. There is always a downward trend when I look at where I started compared to where I am. 64 lbs does not SOUND like a lot to me. It for sure does not LOOK like a lot on my body and in my mirror. But..when I go pick up a few bags of dog food for perspective and look at my chart. Heck yeah.

You are not happy with your 9 lbs, try it, go get a 10lb bag of dog food, or flour, and walk around the store with it for a minute. Feel your feet, feel your back, your lungs..everything. That is what you used to carry around ALL THE TIME.

Do not get discouraged for more than a minute, and find tricks that will help you be motivated in the moment. Personally for me, my ultimate goal is too far away to even THINK about, let alone use to push me forward. I am still not convinced I can do it without some massive surgery to get what I am sure is 100lbs of skin removed. LOL.

HelloNurse
10-15-2013, 04:58 PM
I have managed to lose throughout the holidays before. In fact, sweets aren't my big weakness so it's very feasable for me.

What I do:

1. Kick it into high gear at the gym. Allow for the idea that if someone brings cookies to work, I may need to squeeze in an extra half hour on the elliptical.
2. Put teabags in my purse. Sounds silly but when others are enjoying hot cocoa or other sweet beverages with their sweet treats I can have something and not look weird or feel left out.
3. Know what my high calorie days are going to be, and make a plan for them. I like to calorie cycle anyway, so if I know that on a particular day I will be having more calories I make a plan to decrease my calories the days before and after.
4. Sometimes, you just gotta enjoy. I know that Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day I am going to eat, and not do much else. I don't count anything those days. I also know that I'm not fat because I ate too much on Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. As long as I get right back on plan the next day, I know that those two days aren't going to even slow my progress.

lazylioness
10-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I have managed to lose throughout the holidays before. In fact, sweets aren't my big weakness so it's very feasable for me.

What I do:

1. Kick it into high gear at the gym. Allow for the idea that if someone brings cookies to work, I may need to squeeze in an extra half hour on the elliptical.
2. Put teabags in my purse. Sounds silly but when others are enjoying hot cocoa or other sweet beverages with their sweet treats I can have something and not look weird or feel left out.
3. Know what my high calorie days are going to be, and make a plan for them. I like to calorie cycle anyway, so if I know that on a particular day I will be having more calories I make a plan to decrease my calories the days before and after.
4. Sometimes, you just gotta enjoy. I know that Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day I am going to eat, and not do much else. I don't count anything those days. I also know that I'm not fat because I ate too much on Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. As long as I get right back on plan the next day, I know that those two days aren't going to even slow my progress.

Sounds like a perfect plan to me. I am so stealing it!

lanabug
10-15-2013, 11:48 PM
I also know that I'm not fat because I ate too much on Thanksgiving and Christmas every year.

I don't know why it's never occurred to me to think of it that way, but that's definitely a huge (positive) shift in perspective!!

cheeriloos
10-16-2013, 07:42 AM
227.2. Back on the wagon

findingfawn
10-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Hey everyone! I did not do great this week. I really struggled with food, though I did keep up the exercise. I only lost .8 booo hissss.

How do I plan to deal with the holidays... well obviously I have begun to struggle. I will struggle now until New Years. It just seems it's one thing after the other that keeps tempting me this time of year. I'm determined to trying to stay on plan, but also know I can't beat myself up if I slip. I am shooting for 80% on plan for the rest of the year, I have been trying to shoot for 90% or better.

lazylioness
10-16-2013, 12:42 PM
The hardest thing for me to remember....

Thanksgiving is ONE day..not one month

Christmas is two days (we do Christmas Eve as well) not TWO MONTHS

Halloween not a big deal, kids are grown no candy for temptations.

The real big challenge for me this year is going to be being off and home all day for the week between Christmas and new years. My office is closed, kids are gone, hubby has to work.....leaves nothing but time!

lanabug
10-16-2013, 07:23 PM
omg, weighed in this morning... GAINED a pound!! :(
I was kind of expecting it after the big whoosh last week paired with TOM this week, but omg it startled me! I was hoping to at least just break even you know? Gonna kick it into high gear this week and really focus, I've come way too far to see the scale go up and not change the way I'm doing things, I definitely indulged because of monthly chocolate cravings lol. I know it happens but I'm gonna work really hard and shoot for 236 next week!

HelloNurse
10-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Don't worry about that stupid pound. You got this and you know it. Men have no idea how easy they have it, do they? They don't have to worry about these stupid fluctuations.

lanabug
10-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Seriously!! Even if you know it's temporary, it still messes with your brain to see to see your weight bounce back up.. come on science, figure out how to stop the tom symptoms lol

Lyndality
10-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Lol, Lanabug! I totally agree, hurry up science! Don't let that pound get inside your head, you've got this. Telling myself the same thing, Cos I also had a whoosh last week, TOM this week, and at weigh in today, down 0.7 pounds... And that was taking the lower number of the wavering scale! It's definitely motivation to stick to plan and get my butt to the gym every day - I so want to achieve my Halloween goal!

lanabug
10-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Lynda, I weighed myself two times this morning just to make sure it was 'right' but after that put the scale away because otherwise I'd keep checking all day! Like you said, all the more reason to get to work. Two weeks left, we can make it!

lanabug
10-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Almost to the weekend, how's everyone doing?

Amy Remixed
10-17-2013, 04:50 PM
I haven't seen the number on my scale budge. I had figured I would lose 10 pounds by the end of the challenge. The way things are going I doubt the number on my scale will end lower than my start weight.

But that's my home scale. I am measured once a month at Curves. I am weighed on their scale, have my measurements taken and I have my body fat measured. Though the number on the scale has not changed, I have lost 3 pounds of body fat in the past month and have lost a few inches (in my waist, hips and thighs).

So even if your scale isn't budging, your body may be shrinking in other ways.

Everyone keep up the good fight!